Speaker 1: It is Monday, February third, twenty twenty five. This is another edition of Football Today, presented you by Captain Morgan, the official Spice Drama of the NFL. We are reunited. The guys are back for Mobile. I am Chris Rose, Bobby Skinner, Justin Pennock, Producer Connor. We're all together, even if not in the same room. All right, Bobby. The question everybody wants to know Automobile. Does Pennock snore?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: If I slept on the top ceiling a floor of our airbnb, I would have known, especially because they lied about being a four bedroom house. They're they're liars. But I'm sure he does.
Speaker 2: I bet I very bad sleep appen now, So yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. So I was it, guys, You know I got to tell you. I don't know if you guys stayed for the actual game. The game itself usually is pretty crappy. It's just, you know, you're throwing a bunch of guys together. The game itself on Saturday was fun. It looked like all the content you guys shot was was pretty good.
Speaker 3: How we didn't stay for the game, but we are Jack Betch guys. So it's good to see him when the Senior Bowl MVP. And We're gonna do a Senior Bowl only mock draft on Talking Giants this week, and I'm gonna be banging on the table as I you know, costplay Brian Dable for Jack Betch Okay Hedick.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun, A ton of ton of players talk to a ton of players too. I would say this was like our most productive week down and down in Mobile two in terms of everything that came out. So a lot of fun. Excited to see where these guys got draft.
Speaker 4: Did you find it?
Speaker 1: I mean there were some big name quarterbacks, not the not the top two shoot or Sanders wasn't there, cam Ward wasn't there. But the guys that are fighting an app for QB three. Did you guys find the next great Giants back that will soon be let go before his rookie contract expires.
Speaker 3: I will say their names are big, their play not so much. No more old miss quarterbacks for Big Blue uh Paddick.
Speaker 2: Dylan Gabriel was the most consistent quarterback, even though Day three he went like one for six for one for five and eleven on eleven and took more and like somehow took sacks and seven on seven. So yeah, that tells you where the state of this quarterback class is at right now.
Speaker 1: But don't worry, somebody's gonna get hot, you know, a little less than three months until the draft up there in Green Bay, which you can see over on NFL Network if you'd like to tune in for that. All right, So we're gonna have another show before the kick of Super Bowl fifty nine down in New Orleans. So we're gonna get into the nitty gritty of the game on Friday show.
Speaker 4: But today we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna kind of have a little bit of fun, take a little more leeway with some bigger picture topics of the Super Bowl. I got eight of them in mind here, guys. Most of them are you're going to rate on a scale of one to five. Give us a reason for each thing that.
Speaker 4: You believe here.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna start off with this, which is the easy one, that the Chiefs are trying to become the first team to go back to back to back in Super Bowl history. How much do you care about this? On a scale of one to five, one being you move on to the next topic rows by being I can't believe we're not talking about this enough, Bobby.
Speaker 3: This gets five big booms. I mean, this is the storyline of the Super Bowl. It's it's the no team has ever done this, right, Like we've come on these post super Bowl shows and talked about, oh, Brady verse, Mahomes, Brady verse, Mahomes is it two early? They're able to win three in a row? That's now four super Bowls. Now he's second most, you know, tied with Joe Montana, like we're and it's and it's before Brady did to where now I feel like that stuff becomes a little more legit and you have and it's a little less like, oh, let's wait and see. Let's wait and see. Like winning three in a row without the most talented roster in the NFL is amazing, And I, like you said, why are we not talking about it? I'm surprised that we're not talking more about like this dynasty that is the Kansas City Chiefs and and they're fourth, you know, not just three in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm giving this five five big booms as well. Chris. Do you know that reference?
Speaker 4: By the way, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know that I like it though the Costco guys, the Costco guys.
Speaker 4: Jami Justice, I got it.
Speaker 3: I got sorry about your brother that passed away. He gets five big booms.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so five big booms for me, because really, I think the closest team that did it was the New England Patriots two thousand and one, two thousand three, two thousand and four. They're like the kind of the closest ones to do it. But then I think the last team to really win three championships in a row nineteen twenty nine, nineteen thirty, nineteen thirty one, Green Bay Packers, and that you know obviously pre Super Bowl days. So this is just something that we're like, I'm going to be telling my grandkids when both of you are maybe here with us, maybe not. I will be telling my grandkids about the Kansas City Chiefs and how they're one of the the greatest dynasty because they were able to do it three times in a row.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, thanks for kicking the old guy to the curb. Secondly, the thought of you having grandchildren inhabit this planet at some point, at some point just scared the Bejesus out of me. Number three, I do want to I'm not here to point fingers or anything. But the Packers sixty five through sixty seven actually did it. I yeah, they won the NFL championship in sixty five. Then they won each of the first two Super Bowls. So we have had teams win three straight championships, just not three straight Super Bowls. To me, it's a little bigger than even that. Do you guys know the last team in North American I gotta be careful with this if I throw sports the core four sports. Thank you, very very good that a way, Bobby.
Speaker 3: They beat my new jersey nets in one of those, so it's very memorable, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: From the ninety nine season through the two season, they covered three seasons to win three Restyles. So you know, and when you throw out Mahomes and us talking about Brady, the simple explanation will be, well, you can't put him in Brady's category because he doesn't have seven rings. Well, we don't do that in other sports. Who do we consider to be the greatest basketball player ever?
Speaker 3: Jordan?
Speaker 4: Michael Jordan? How many rings does he have?
Speaker 3: Six?
Speaker 1: He has six? Is that the most in NBA history? No, it is not.
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 1: When we talk about the greatest baseball player in history. I mean usually you know, you can kick that around Willie Mays to Hank Aaron, those guys don't have the most rings and it's not even close. So why is it at this point that we strictly say, well, he can't be the best quarterback ever. I mean, what he has done or has a chance to do by age twenty nine if he wins in less than a week. Tom Brady didn't get to his second pairing of three Super Bowls until he was in his mid to late thirties, right.
Speaker 3: But it's just longevity matter. So it's not like Brady just had like this peak and then of six straight in a row and then like sure Brady was great. Like it's hard. It's just it's just hard to match what Brady did. It's impossible, you know, MVP super Bowls, you know, you know, record breaking seasons, like he was amazing in a time of amazing quarterback play. He rose to the top consistently, so the Chiefs. But like the only guy who we've thought that can maybe do that is Patrick Mahomes. So you know, once you get the four, like that's just part of it, you know, because longevity matters to be able to do this at a you know, consistent phasis in the era of salary cap wheres the menfl is not meant to do this, right, They they make it to where you can't do this. And they've been the one team to you know, kick the trend of you know, paying the quarterback and being able to get it done.
Speaker 2: And they also give you hard schedules too, when you when you finish in first place and when you finish in last place, because they like, they like the polarity of it. But let me flip this on its head for one second, because I think the weight that this is a football fan saying this about the Super Bowl. But Rose, you're you know, you're, your fingers are all over sports. I think the weight of a Super Bowl win is just a lot more than some of the other sports. And here's what I mean, flipped this on its head. Cam Newton recently came out and said, I would rather keep my regular season MVP. W I traded away for that Super Bowl victory in twenty fifteen if that meant he had to give it away his regular season MVP, And he said, no, I want I want to go down as a regular season MVP. I think that's kind of crazy to be a super Bowl winning quarterback. I think that holds so much more weight even if you did it once versus like a regular season MVP as a quarterback. Now, is that wrong?
Speaker 3: Like I think?
Speaker 2: But I were to say, like in baseball, though, I think I would rather be an MVP winner in baseball and remembered for like a forty or a fifty home run season than just being part of a World Series winning team. What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 3: Well, for quarterback, super Bowl means the most obviously in the NFL. I think Cam was probably just kind of digging in his heels. I'm like, kind of I wouldn't change anything about my career. I think he would if he was being honestly, he'd rather finish second MVP voting that year and win the Super Bowl because he would be he would be you know, better better viewed. You know, you have a better case for Hall of Fame or whatever. But the reality is, like the thing that keeps you afloat and keeps you going to the Super Bowl is that quarterback position. But also like where the NBA, you don't get like guys who go get hot and get on a run, right, you have to win four out of seven, and every series we're in the NFL, you just got to have one bad day and you're and you're out of the tournament. So, like you said, like you said, rose to do this for the first time, To win three in a row, where you win three years in a row, where nobody had just had a better day than you, I think is pretty damn special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the quarterback position is so different than there is nothing else in sports. There's not even a goaltender in hockey that that comes close to it when it comes to a postseason run. You know, we still talk about Joe Flacco because he still plays, but we are going to remember one run a dozen years ago where he threw eleven touchdowns and didn't throw any interceptions in leading the Ravens to the Super Bowl forty seven victory over San Francisco. We're going to remember that forever. You remember quarterbacks, you remember coaches, and that's it, and in this particular sport. So yeah, I do I think that obviously it's that choice that you put out there. Panic is the one that you know, we certainly understand where it's coming from let's move on to our second topic once again, scale of one to five. Saquon Barkley is the most important offensive player Sunday on either team. One is hell no, and five is no doubt.
Speaker 4: Panic, Yeah, I'm giving it a five.
Speaker 2: It's hell yes. He's the most important because you typically talk about we were just talking about quarterbacks, right, where does the source of explosivity come? For the most part in the game of football, comes from the quarterback throwing the ball, or even the quarterback dropping back to pass and then he scrambles. That's typically where you see these big plays of ten, fifteen, twenty plus yards because everything just breaks down. The Philadelphi Eagles their source of explosive plays, and Saquon Barkley has had a season unlike anybody else in NFL history with these runs and these touchdowns that he's had of forty to fifty sixty plus yard touchdowns. He is the source of the big plays that the philaduff Eagles have. Now there is a j. Brown, of course, there is Davonte Smith, but that's when the Eagles are really operating at their best. But no one has been able to stop over the last month and a half two months and since kind of like this December run. I feel like this is really when it started for the Eagles. Nobody has been able to stop the legs of Saquon Barkley, particularly big play Saquon Barkley. So absolutely, he is the most important player on this Eagles offense for sure. So I give it. I mean, I'm up there out of five.
Speaker 3: Again, I mean, that's kind of crazy. You think he's more important than Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: On either team? Yes, yes, really yes.
Speaker 3: So we're just talking about a guy being the greatest of all time and you're and you think steak On bark I disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Per it is the most important offensive player for the Eagles to be for the Eagles to have a shot in this Like if Patrick Mahomes has a stat line, I'm gonna read you one of his stat lines from one of his Super Bowls twenty one for twenty seven one and eighty two yards, three touchdown, zero interceptions. That was the stat line that he had in the thirty eight to thirty five victory against the Eagles two years ago in twenty twenty two. Like, I view that besides the three touchdown passes under two hundred yards. It's kind of a pedestrian stat.
Speaker 1: Line beides you can't take an it's the three touchdowns, which are kind.
Speaker 3: Of and he played like perfectly in that game against that defense too. Yeah, like a change stike in defense or not change stike in on Jonathan defense. That was keeping up. They did. They played damn near fallless like hell, Jalen Hurts played damn near falls hats have a fumble in that game, and the Chiefs just did more. So. So important is always a kind of a loaded word, but even within like even erasing that we do like MVP of Verus most house standing or whatever, I still think Mahomes is there. So I'm going to go. I'm going to go too because I also think the Eagles just have a lot of other off Like their quarterback is really important. I think Aj Brown and Devonte Smith what they can do in this game, Like, I think there's so much and we're just talking about offenses and this too, So I'll go it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would keep it. I hate to go split it down the middle, but I will. I'll go with a three here in part because of who he's going against. Spags has faced the NFL's leading rusher twice in the playoffs. He is two and oh against those guys. So it was the twenty nineteen AFC Title game against Tennessee held Derrick Henry to under seventy yards rushing, and then last year in Super Bowl fifty eight, Christian McCaffery really had to work to get his eighty yards on twenty two carries. So he's two and ozer. He's going to come up with some sort of master plan to have somebody else be and I think that he's going to do everything in his power to make sure that Jalen's Jalen hurts his arm and not his legs. So you know, I think that they're I mean, once again, good luck with this because Saquon didn't have an enormous second half against the Rams in the divisional round until you consider those two explosive runs that he had so other than that they bottled him up, and then those are the it's the one two punch that he can deal. Also, there's a big day for Saquon Barkley. I hate to pile on my Giants buddies here, but he turns twenty Yeah, he turns, he turns twenty eight on Super Bowl Sunday. Players that a birthday on the Super Bowl and playing it are ten and four all time. Oh wow, there you go, little nifty nifty thing for you.
Speaker 2: But Rose so you so you brought up that Barkley. Okay, yeah, he wasn't as effective until he breaks off that run, but he did, and that's what he's done, and that's what he's done. Name me another player, I would say, but maybe besides AJ Brown, name me another player on either side of the ball that you think can snap of a finger forty to fifty sixty. Our play changes the game. I don't think you can in this matchup.
Speaker 3: I don't think Brown.
Speaker 2: Yes, But Saquan's done it way more consistently than AJ Brown as of as of late. And that's why in terms of level of importance, Saquan is a guy that can just change the game on a dime and do exactly what the Eagles may need in that specific game, in this specific game.
Speaker 1: All Right, we got more questions coming your way, but a quick reminder to New Year. We're all about setting goals and actually hitting them. And that's why we want to talk to you about today's sponsor, heughle It is spelled h u e L, the global complete nutritional brand trusted by millions now. Hughele is a perfectly balanced meal. It's designed by experts to provide all the nutrients that your body needs from a meal. Heel takes the guesswork out of healthy eating. They're convenient, they taste good. Huelshakes actually tastes kind of like a milkshake. Now, one of my favorites is this one right here. It is the black addition, ready to drink. It's got thirty five grams of protein plus twenty seven vitamins and minerals. You can find HUEL in GNC stores or Amazon, or directly at heuel dot com. For new customers shopping at huel dot com, you can give it a try for fifteen percent off plus get a free gift using our exclusive code football today. That is fifteen percent plus a free gift for new customers with the code football today. That's all one word, by the way at heuel dot com, start your year off strong. Unlock a healthier, easier way to eat with HUEL nutritionally complete meals in minutes so you can focus on what really matters out there. All right, We continue on with our questions. H Patrick Mahomes, We've already talked a little bit about him, but Bobby, he will have to have the best game of his five Super Bowl appearances in order to take down the Philadelphia Eagles. One is heck, No. Five is absolutely rose.
Speaker 3: I'll say I'll stay four because I think the way he played against the Eagles two years ago is the similar to the way he's going to play in this game. So he's kind of done that. But I think he's gonna have to play way better than both of the forty nine Ers games and then obviously the Bucks, the Bucks loss that he had because Vic Fangio is gonna like he is not gonna make it easy on them, Like You're gonna have to play damn near perfect football to get that win. And you know, on the other side, you do have an offense that can you know, can create those explosives in the run game with Saquon Barkle just was talking about, and get you over the top with AJ Brown and Devonte Smith and Dallas Goddard can do damage there. You know, they have the put the tush push that makes them super efficient on on third and fourth down. Uh So you just there's not gonna be very much room for error in this game against a really damn good defense. That I'll go four because I think he did. I think he had a very similar game. Like he's gonna have to have a very similar game to what he did against the Eagles two years ago. I think if he plays the way he did in either of the forty nine ers games, this this may go down as a.
Speaker 2: L I'm gonna go with the three where his EPA incredible EPA per play in the last Super Bowl against the Eagles with ninety fifth percentile, and that's the one where he went twenty one for twenty seven, two or three touchdowns. But like again, like you look at that stat line, the three touchdowns definitely do stick out, but the yards being under two hundred, it's like, yeah, it's not really sexy. They're gonna need an offense that's gonna have to just stay on schedule. Where a six point two averaged up to target for Mahomes in that last Super Bowl, that's the fifteenth percentile. I that's kind of where the Chiefs have been over the last two years, is they have to keep that average up to target low and they have to kind of stay on schedule, and I think that's kind of how Patrick Mahomes is going to need the win and what so why I say three it's a little lower than the Bobby is. I don't think the yards is going to be sexy like he threw for three hundred and thirty three last year. I don't think he's going to throw for three hundred and thirty three unless he's having to come back, unless they're down by ten points in the fourth quarter and they're having to come back. But if the Chiefs are playing their brand of football, which is keeping the game close and keeping that game script very close and just controlling the game, then that average up, the target's going to be down. They're going to stay on schedule, and Mahomes is just going to be slinging it left to right to whoever's open, and he's going to be using his legs as well. It wouldn't surprise me, especially now that he is that healthy ankle. He had six rushing attempts for forty four yards in the Eagles Super Bowl, nine rushing attempts for sixty six yards last year. I think he's easily clearing over fifty rushing yards.
Speaker 1: This game, well, he has to get minimum over forty, which is something that he's done seven times in his playoff career and so yet to me, it's not necessarily the gaudy number with his arms, but it's both of those because we don't talk about Mahomes's running until he actually runs for a huge first down, right he did last year even on the bad ankle and everything else, he's done it or you know, in Super Bowl fifty seven with the bad ankle. So when he does that sort of stuff, then you sit there and you're like, wow.
Speaker 4: We tend not.
Speaker 1: To talk about, you know, Patrick Mahomes and his running ability. We talk about Josh Allen and his running ability. We'll talk about Jalen Hurts and his running ability. But Patrick Mahomes always leaves us with some sort of memorable scramble, whether it's to continue a drive, keep the ball away from the opponent, whatever it is. So I could see him throwing for under two hundred and fifty and still having perhaps his best Super Bowl yet, and so I'm going to have to say that it's probably a four out of five.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have to say something. I have to say. I want to break. I want to break the news of Chris Rose. Miles Garrett has demanded a trade from the Cleveland Browns, and he made a statement.
Speaker 4: But don't do that.
Speaker 3: I swear I'm not lying.
Speaker 5: This is like, this is like Luca was traded to the It was not that big which and by the way, I hate to be that's the dumbest trade ever and sports history, right, the Luca trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty bad. Well, not the dumbest trade ever. It's not the dumbest trade ever.
Speaker 3: We can trade.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe perhaps the team that just had their guy request to trade. All right, what do we do about this? Oh my god? So here's here's the statement that he just released. Miles Garrett. As a kid dreaming of the NFL, all I focused on was the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl, and that goal fuels me today more than ever. My love for the community of Northeast Ohio and the incredible fan base of the Cleveland Browns has made this one of the toughest decisions of my life. These past eight years have shaped me into the man I am today. While I've loved calling this city my home, my desire to win compete the biggest stage won't allow me to be complacent. The goal is never was never to go from Cleveland to Canton. It was always to compete for and win a Super Bowl. With that in mind, I requested to be traded from the Cleveland Browns Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Oh God, and I had this dream of.
Speaker 4: I had this before Sunday.
Speaker 2: Before Sunday I did. I did have this stream of pairing Miles Garrett with Abdual Carter and just how fun that defensive front would be, even if the team's not good, that would be one of the more fun defensive fronts you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Hey, maybe trade him to the Giants and we'll we'll do that with pick three.
Speaker 4: So with Brian, if you're the let's think this through here.
Speaker 1: If this strictly isn't a an extension ploy, which I am hopeful that it is, I don't think so. I don't think it is either. Okay, if you uh, if you do that, if you trade him, where do like all these teams that would love to have him, the Lions, all their picks are going to be in the twenties forever. You cannot give up Miles Garrett, who's still in the prime of his career. He's he just turned twenty nine years old in December. You can't give them up for multiple first round picks for the Lions. What the hell does that do for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I I would say no, because, like you said, nobody that no one's gonna that's gonna have a bottom of the draft pick. Is actually know what some of those teams may be willing to do that, you know, like, let's the what's the team? You know, Like, can you see the Falcons maybe, you know, making a big splash trade for Miles Garrett and then their season doesn't go the way they expect. Like I could see something like that happening.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're the Bears, do you trade because you've got a rookie quarterback on his deal? Do you they have a top ten pick? Yeah, he's you know, and not that the Bears are significantly closer to a Super Bowl than the Browns, but it's at least their point in the right direction. I don't know if that would satisfy Miles Garrett. But when you're talking about a Super Bowl contender, when you're talking about teams that are picking from basically twenty four.
Speaker 4: And back, God, what a disaster you guys enjoying this.
Speaker 3: No, I just want it on the record. I was the one who broke the news to you justin did not get it out in time. Oh my god, hey listen, if if he has an amazing year, get ready for how did the Browns let this guy go? We've we've had to deal with that every sing.
Speaker 4: If he has an amazing year, what do you mean if he is.
Speaker 3: He's saying on like the big the biggest stage. Like if he's just doing having an amazing year on the Cardinals, no one will care. But if he's doing it in their winning playoff games in prime time with that whatever team that he's in, then how did the Browns waste this talent? Which you guys have wasted the talent but still so quest.
Speaker 4: And we'll get back to the super Bowl. If you're the Browns, how do you handle this?
Speaker 1: Because this isn't about acquiescing and just giving Miles Garrett whatever he wants. I mean, the guy's still under contract for a few more years, so to request a trade in this sport, I think is a little different than we've seen in NBA Circle and things of that nature. Like this is, like I said, this is something where you're giving away a guy who's gonna slip on a gold jacket, no question, that still has a ton of good football left. And you can't just give him away for oh, three first round picks at the end of the first round. That's not gonna fly.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if you would get three, when is the last time someone was trade for three first round picks?
Speaker 4: Well, quarterbacks end up getting traded for three first round pick.
Speaker 3: How much does the Brown straight for Deshound Watson?
Speaker 1: That would be three first round picks and three other picks.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe you try and get those back. The issue is, I can see Mile's Garrett not playing. That's that's if. Yeah, he's if he's not gonna skip out on games, just say no, you know, shout out, Nancy Reagan. I'm just saying no to any trade of Miles Garrett. But if he's gonna miss out on games, then you kind of and you don't think he's bluffing on that, then you kind of got to work something out.
Speaker 1: All right, get back to our regularly scheduled I'm gonna have to move my therapy appointment up today, guys, God damn it.
Speaker 3: Better help will let you change that around?
Speaker 4: For you. Ah brief joke. All right, let's move on to this.
Speaker 1: We'll probably have to cut a question or two, but we're gonna We're gonna keep this one because I love it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: This one is that you see Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni in a much different light than you did before this season started. One is heck No. Five is yep, sorry what I thought about you earlier this year, Nick Panick.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the two cause I kind of don't know what I am gonna give him credit for. Is great job being good friends with Vic Vangil and good job prying him out of Miami. Now that might I think Vangio did a lot to kind of get out of Miami after after your one. A lot of the players didn't like him, didn't work, doesn't work well with Mike McDaniel. But certainly seems like maybe he did it on purpose because he seems like he's always been a good fit with Philadelphia. I mean, he was even the he was the advisor. He was like the last minute advisor that the Eagles hired in that twenty twenty two Super Bowl. So I think he's done a very good job getting a staff together, even Kellen Moore, even though he has his flaws, But Howie Roseman just had one of the best off seasons you're ever going to see from a general manager. The two corners that they drafted, the two DB's that they drafted in Quinnon Mentroll, Cooper Degene or immediate impacts. Sequon Barkley is an immediate impact. They took a reclamation project in Makai Beckton and turned him into a starting guard who was an advantage as a rum blocker. I mean, it is so many other things that I'm not even that I'm not bringing up, Like one of the best off seasons that you're Zach Bond turned a guy that was that they threw away from New Orleans into an All Pro linebacker. One of the best offseason you ever gonna see. So yeah, Nick Sirianni leading this team. Good for him getting back to the super Bowl. But I'm not totally changing my full opinion on him because the GM also did have, like I said, one of the best off seasons that we've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I'm at a three because nothing has changed for me. I thought this team is extremely talented, and I thought the coordinators were the biggest upgrade that any teams had really received this offseason, and you know, kind of our line for them was like, they're too talented to fail, even though they had failed the year before. So Sirianni has not gotten in the way of them winning similar to the way he has in the past. Obviously, the end of last year was a horrible coaching job, but you got rid of those coordinators and you've seen Sirianni win with good coordinators. So honestly, nothing has changed with me for Sirianni. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that he's this great advantage as a head coach, but also he has not proven to be a great disadvantage either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not going high on this. It's either two or three.
Speaker 1: Because if we have a head coaching draft and we rank the head coaches, where does he sit right now?
Speaker 4: Guys? Middle of the pack at best?
Speaker 3: Right? Be good to revisit what our coaching how rankings are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you want to you want to look those up while we stall?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe maybe I will, but yeah, I yeah, I think he's middle of the pack. I think when you just like talk about like what coach would I want from my team starting up. I don't think he's ranked super high on that, but you can't put him low either. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said, I think he's middle of the pack. Who would you rather have right now?
Speaker 4: Dan Quinn or or Nick Sirianni?
Speaker 3: I'm dan Quinn. Yeah, I guess I'd say Quinn. I guess it's hot right now. But Quinn was also fired, you know, not too long ago, but.
Speaker 1: Right I mean, I don't know where's he ranking the NFC East coaching hierarchy right.
Speaker 3: Our average consensus preseason was eight. He had him eighteenth. Yeah, Rose, you had him sixteenth?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 3: I had him? I had him? Where'd I have him? I hadn't twentieth? And then Justin had a eighteenth. I guess I don't know. Justin didn't put his in the email?
Speaker 4: Wow that guy? Yep. So there you go. We all still don't believe it.
Speaker 1: And guess what when he's sitting on the desk next to me in six days after they win the Super.
Speaker 4: Bowl, I'm going to ask him that question.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask because he knows, he knows that he doesn't get any love.
Speaker 4: What's the city?
Speaker 2: The city I feel like still hates him.
Speaker 4: I know it's weird, right.
Speaker 2: If there was a mini mic that went around like any one of those Instagram TikTok reels whatever, Right, if the Eagles are going to fail in the postseason, Who's who's going to be the culprit of it? Yeah, and it's like seventy five percent of the answers were Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's do uh, let's do this one.
Speaker 1: Jalen Carter has surpassed Chris Jones as a more disruptive force in the NFL.
Speaker 4: One is what are you thinking?
Speaker 1: Five is Yeah, that Carter kid is a beast, Bobby One.
Speaker 3: Because as much as Jalen Carter is a beast, you could say top five defensive tackle in the NFL, Chris Jones is number one. You know, he's better than him in every statistical category. I think he's better as a more consistent player in the run game as well. So Carter is amazing. It's not taking anything away from him, but it's just Chris Jones I think is the best defensive tackle and football. I think he's better than Dexter Lawrence, better than Quinn Williams. I don't think there's anyone that is at his level and what he's been able to do consistently. So it is a what are you thinking? Because as good as Jalen Carter has been, even in the playoffs, I think Chris Jones playoffs have been better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is according the Pro Football Reference too. I mean, Chris Jones has four seasons of twenty eight plus QB hits with one two, three seasons of ten plus sacks, four seasons of five seasons with nine plus sacks in the season. So Jalen Carter is a disruptor and one of the NFL those biggest disruptors at one at this point, at his stage of his NFL career. You see the double team rates. It's off the charts. It's one of the highest in the NFL. And you just you know, you watch the game of the impact that he has, it's there. But Jones has been that dude. Jones has been that disruptor for years plus. He's been able to back it up with the sacks, the hits and the tackles for loss and things like that. Carter's on his way and typically you see like these interior defensi alignment it takes them like three years to kind of get to that level where they're producing numbers. So I'm really excited to see where Carter's year three has in store. But no, I'm I'm with Bobby like I'm around a one or two where Carter's that dude. But Chris Jones is, Chris Jones is the og of this.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm also going to say too, only because I don't think that we can measure Carter's ability to stay in between, to color inside the lines, if you know what I mean? Uh, after just two years, like drive inside the lines? Okay, now now now now you made it too.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: He's a fantastic talent. Now, as far as just playoffs, I seem to remember this number and I went back to his game log. It took Chris Jones fourteen playoff games to register his first postseason sack.
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember that? Remember? He?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was last year, right, I think it was it was either last year two years. I know it was two years ago against Kansas City in the AFC title game. He got two sacks against Cincinnati. Sorry, okay, in the AFC title game. That's what He only has three and a half sacks in I think he's played twenty one playoff games.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 1: That's pretty crazy. He did get one earlier this season against Houston in the Divisional round. And we've seen what Jalen car ya. Jalen Carter, those last two defensive snaps against the LA Rams are probably why Philadelphia is going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: And possibly not the Rams.
Speaker 1: So he can he can destroy time, and I think that'll be a fantastic matchup. Obviously now that Kansas City has moved to you know, Joe tune out to left tackle and calli Endo's in there in between Creed Humphrey and Tony a Player, Pro Bowlers and All pros as well. That'll be really interesting when Jalen Carter does match up right over the guard at some point during Super Bowl Sunday. All right, let's finish up. But before we do, actually, justin Peedick, you do have a word for us.
Speaker 2: I do guess what fellas Super Bowl fifty nine is right around the corner, and it's the perfect time to get in on the action with our partners at the DraftKings sportsbook. Right now, they're offering all new customers two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly after betting just five dollars. When you use our Code Football Today, staying on the action, use your two hundred dollars and bonus bets on DraftKings same game parlays for a shot at an even bigger payout. Put together a Super Bowl parlay. Will you do it for yourself? Scoring touchdowns is the key to hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at DraftKings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet on touchdowns, and the sports betting is not yet available in your state. Don't you worry? Gets all joined in all the fun. We DraftKings Daily Fantasy, and I'm a shot to win cash prizes. So download the DraftKings Sportsbook up right now. Use Code Football Today. All one word, got just five dollars on any way during a two hundred dollars in bonus bets in something. Let's quote Football Today only It's DraftKings Sportsbook. The crown is yours and you be glad you did.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you, mister Pennick.
Speaker 1: We will be giving our game predictions and breaking it down a little bit more football ye later in the week on our Friday edition of Football Today.
Speaker 4: But we'll finish with this little fun one.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good celebrity fan matchup between these teams.
Speaker 4: Chiefs.
Speaker 1: You got Jason Sadeikaz, Paul Rudd, Eric stone Street, and I keep hearing the Taylor Swift as a Chiefs fan.
Speaker 4: I can't confirm it.
Speaker 1: The Eagles have people like Kevin Hart and Bradley Cooper, Mike Trout, Miles Teller. They're all in a single team suite. You can only hang out in one pannic. Which one are you going to? Eagles fan or Chiefs fan?
Speaker 4: Sweet?
Speaker 2: This is tough because you can have Bradley Cooper can make a cheese steaks.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's making those in a sweet? Yes?
Speaker 2: I would, I would ask him to. I'm going with the Chiefs because the trio of Jason Sidegas, Paul run In, Eric stone Street. Put three of those people in a room. And then you know Taylor Swift. I could you know what I've always wanted to tail Taylor Swift if I if I see her in person? Okay, you wouldn't be you without Shania Twain. Shania Twain did it first. Shania Twain was the pioneer. She went from country to pop first, and she did it. She became the international superstar Shaniah walked. So Taylor can run, and that's what I would tell her, and then I would have a lot of fun with the trio of Jason Sega's Paul read eericstone Street the.
Speaker 3: Story that she grifted country music wavef for you, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Wow, holy smokes. Okay, Bobby Skinner, this is a question right up your alley. I know you love these ones. I was thinking of you when I wrote it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna hang out with Eagles fans, so that's easy. And then the chiefs one like, you're gonna have all. Everyone's gonna be trying to get in the Taylor Swift shot on TV, so you're gonna have them. So the rest of the suite it's for you know, me, me and the boys. You know we no line for the food. Is just me and the boys hanging out watching the game, talking ball, joking around. Well, everyone want to get Taylor Swift's shot.
Speaker 2: You would want to get in the shot, though, you would do something crazy like what like I don't know, I don't know whatever you would want to do.
Speaker 3: Maybe i'd put a sticker like on the window or something you.
Speaker 2: Bring in a firecracker.
Speaker 1: The top dances in the back with Jackson Mahomes. I could definitely see that happening in the Chief Suite. Boy, this is a tough one. This is I actually like the question because those the fans are actually big time fans. They're not like fake fans.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys remember, but in Super Bowl fifty two, Kevin Hart was hammered out of his gourd and came up on our set and it just sounds awful. Well, so for whatever reason, people still care when you swear on cable television. I never have understood it, but they do. So he started going off and Dion picked him up like he was a bouncer. He's like, all right, you got to get out the club now, and he actually escorted him off of the stage, off of our little set. So I don't know if we can go through that again. So I guess I'll hang out in Kansas City. I'll see you in the Chief Suite, guys. It'll be fun. Get my picture with Tata.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting on one of our sponsors to give me a suite too on a Lando Magic game. That was something that's supposed to have been happening for a long time and it still hasn't.
Speaker 4: See Geek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, don't worry. You don't need to call him out. I mean, that's not going to help you.
Speaker 3: They will help me. They need to be called out. See Keek, you're you're a great advertiser. You do great work. I usual all the time. I need that Orlando Magic suite. See if we can work on that. We'll talk to our sales department.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, we are back at it again later this week when we'll give you our Super Bowl prediction, break it down a little bit more in the football world, and just have a ton of fun as we get you all set for Super Bowl fifty nine. Down in the buy you shout out to producer Connor always does a bang up job for us, for Bobby Skinner, for Justin Pennock. I am Chris Rose. We will see you Friday here on Football Today. Presented to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced Drum of the NFL.