Speaker 1: Hey, oh, I wish I could do it in like a Beyonce undertone. What's the song anyway? Hey hey, hey we're back, We're Bay, We're black ambition prohibici.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I'd just song Excity anyway? Yeah yet to that?
Speaker 3: Maybe rat listen? No you first, No me first. Tiffany is finally in the beehive, y'all.
Speaker 2: I am first of all? Who I don't.
Speaker 1: I had a hard time about it. I had a temporary card. I was not Although I was not a four first member, I was a junior member.
Speaker 3: She more than made up for the Beyonce slander that she has brought upon this this here podcast, in this country years and years ago. I knew you'd come around. I turned in my paper card for a metal one, so you know, life will never be this.
Speaker 2: Neither were my knees, but you know it's so it's a girl.
Speaker 3: When the when I got out, I'm gonna say bed, but I don't sleep. I sleep on the couch with my newborn. That's what I do, safely, all safely. But anyway, I got up and it was like sound like an old rickety uh porch swing is what I sounded like. Getting out of bed this weekend. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So it's not a bat with something. Okay.
Speaker 1: So we all know that Beyonce has a renaissance tour, and so some months back tickets went on sale. But it was a very crazy free for all of how to how how was it like stressful?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you don't know, you didn't buy the ti?
Speaker 2: I did? I didn't.
Speaker 1: It was like but it was like a lottery and you had to wait in line and a cute just for the opportunity to buy the ticket.
Speaker 3: It was it was a lot of work, and like the what was so stressful about it was that you, like, you guys, if you guys tried to buy tickets, if you were on her email list and you're in the beehive, you got like priority for just getting a chance to buy tickets. But then they did like the city or different credit card pre sales, and you got like on a waitlist. And so I was waitlisted and then if I found out I was or no, I was like waiting to hear if I'd gotten passed the wait list through and I was still waitlisted, and then like my little brother was still waitlisted. But my oh my bff shout out to Baron the King Brown because it was a tag team effort. He got the code, he got through the line, but he was at work. He works at the Talk the TikTok. Anyway, he was at work. He forgot his city card at home. But I have a city card. So we combined forces and Baron came through with the code. I came through with my city card, and we got four tickets, not really knowing who our dates were going to be at that time. And then it's like I sat with it. You don't want to invite the wrong person to I know, you have to find a mix of like personality, vibe, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if we're being honest.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to get to next. Not just finances, but are you willing to drop the price of a really nice appliance on a concert? And you know, Tiffany's in her shaw Da era now, she's she's leaning into only things that bring her joy and experience. Anyway, I asked Tiffany pretty quickly, can.
Speaker 2: We see how you want to see how much we pay for tickets?
Speaker 3: I think I did before they were like fourteen hundred. The thing about this is I don't go nowhere y'all, and I needed some. I'm not trying to I don't have to justify my purchases, but I'm just saying like, I'm so glad we did it because this was back in February and the thought of I was gonna go to Beyonce help get me through my really tough third trimester because I was like somewhere over this mountaintop with like crags and steamholes and volcanic ash pouring. That's what the third trimester felt like. Beyonce is across the horizon. I just have to get over this mountain. The mountain was pretty damn cute. So I got two. I won twice. I didn't realize I was gonna win twice. Got the baby and I got the Beyonce. But anyway, so that's how I I mean, the price tie guess was high. Yes, but the they you know how they say, studies show that it's not the vacation that is so like it doesn't impact your mental health. It's like the idea of the vacation, like the lead up to it brings more joy. And I feel like that has just been like, yeah, just my ray of suns.
Speaker 1: I just felt like, I mean to Mandy's point, y'all know, I mean, if you listen to podcasts, you know, me and Mandy are not spending spending spending girls, like not at all, you know. And so we're not not to say we can't be there's nothing wrong with it, but just giving you some context. If you listen to us, we are dead at verse. We're not spending spending, spending girls.
Speaker 2: You know. Although we both make like gadgets, yeah.
Speaker 1: We make great money, but I'm like shoes, yes, but we live well under our means. And we've always been like real responsible money girls, if I'm being honest, And I mean, that's why we have Brown Ambitions, this show that talks about money, business and career, because we live it like how we you know, like when we talk about it, we actually live it.
Speaker 2: And so when Mandy told me, like.
Speaker 1: There are Beyonce tickets, there's one available for you if you choose to accept this challenge. It will not be inexpensive, and I was like, I didn't even know how much it was. I was like, let's do it, because I knew it wasn't gonna be thirty thousand dollars, you know. And I was like, and I figured it was gonna be over a thousand, but I was like, you know what, Tiffany girl, like, you know, I'm not a big old spending but I for me. I mean, although I've been going on vacations, you know, half my vacations is because I have a speaking engagement or I use my points. But like I said, even if that was not the case, because underlieve, my financial advisor still told me that I still underspend and that I should spend more money on myself. Anyway, So when Mandy said was fourteen hundred, I was like, gos say, I'm down town. Okay, So you know, I said, bearing my money, tickets were purchased, and then I promptly, you know, like business took over. I had not I had not even planned my outfit. I kind of had an idea, but I did not try it on until like the dayble four, and I was like it.
Speaker 3: Ain't the fit had to be on point because TikTok all the girls. It just became like this. It's kind of like what happened with Barbie. It's like it became this moment, like you know, we don't get prom. You don't get prom in your thirties, and forties, you know what I mean, Like weddings have kind of died down at that point, so what do we have to look when I'm kidding, but like the big moments, you know what I mean. It felt like we were all going to the Beyonce prom together and we hadna I.
Speaker 2: Did not give it enough.
Speaker 1: I was like so literally like the morning of like I tried on my office again and I was like, I just I'm not feeling it, not for this moment. And so we had the fourteen hundred dollars, got us in section one hundred, which is the section right.
Speaker 3: Above floor, and we were yeah, they were great.
Speaker 2: The great seat.
Speaker 1: It was four rosen right above floor, so it was like really great sea, it's great view.
Speaker 2: It was excellent.
Speaker 1: So I exit ended up running to Macy's that morning and I bought some really cute sparkly sneakers from Ink. I guess I think Ink is like a Macy's. It's just that morning girl, I was stressed. That's so funny because I already had was that dsw at like three pm.
Speaker 2: I woke about ten.
Speaker 1: I was like, go, So I bought these sparkly sneakers that were like really cute black sparkly speakers. I was like, okay, I have these really cute short, short black shorts, these leather shorts. Even though it's hot. I was like, whatever, leather shorts or it's always a vibe. I could not find the top, and I was like, what did I used to do? When nineteen year olds seventy year old Tiffany was going to the club in college, I was like, you know, who's gonna have something for me?
Speaker 2: Rainbow? And she did.
Speaker 1: I got a sparkly green you know when those handkerchief tops it was green, No, no, sparkley, I'm sorry, sparky black, it wasn't. It was, but remember like those handkerchief tops where it's like literally like a handkerchief and it's like like a string that ties around your neck and a string around the back, no back, so back.
Speaker 3: After it's like a two thousand and two ES like Cameron Diaz, Yeah, angels like halter top. It was, yeah, I loved it. You were slaying.
Speaker 1: I definitely was like, Hi, hopefully no booms selpic clean happen. And then Mandy I was like yes, because everybody, I guess we all got the mammo stomachs.
Speaker 2: Out and so I had just.
Speaker 3: Got pregnant and I don't know, I just don't care. I just worked crop tops all the time. I freaking love a crop top. My pooch is gonna be a poochin no matter what I wear, and I choose to let the pooch free.
Speaker 2: She looks so beat.
Speaker 1: She was wearing like it was giving like Britney Spears, Jean and Jean.
Speaker 3: Like, oh the Brittany, Brittany and justin the VMA.
Speaker 1: So we both were like, so, you know, Mandy drove with her neighbor. I did, and I took the train because there was a really it was like a twenty minute train from Newark to Secaucus and secaucas to the Meadowlands.
Speaker 3: You already live in Jersey. You were halfway there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was so much easier.
Speaker 1: And then Baron actually took it uber So it was funny because we all took like three different we'll side bar Baron brought his mom, who stunted.
Speaker 3: On all of us hose when we're talking about our fits, we weren't. I was not prepared for missus Brown. Yes, if you nicey, okay, I have been. I've been friends with Baron since like the first day of college, so a long time. Don't do the math, okay, a long long time. And his mom has always looked like that. She's always been just like stunning, and it's always like, wait, are you Baron's mom or his sister girlfriend whatever?
Speaker 2: Mean beautiful.
Speaker 3: But not only does she bring the fit, she made her own Beyonce Solange headpiece, crown like put it together herself, had these like incredible platform boots, like a silver body suit, and you guys got a all the pictures, all the footage you can find on my ig if you want the original because Tip and Barn just like to repost.
Speaker 2: I don't have to make no games. I'm old.
Speaker 1: And so she looked amazing and so we met up. And so when I didn't realize it, but when you're in like the I guess when you're in the hundred section, there's like a specific a lounge to that section.
Speaker 2: So it was nice.
Speaker 1: Because it wasn't super overwhelming, you know, like I was like, oh, if you wanted to get a drink or food or whatever, the lines weren't super crazy, and I was like, okay, clean.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was second.
Speaker 1: I mean it was literally as soon as I go off the train. I was able to walk right in easyps. Now, I had told Mandy ahead of time, don't get too excited, but there is a potential for a once in a lifetime experience because I have a hookup.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna keep a light so I know. She's like, don't you straight.
Speaker 3: She gave me an impossible challenge. She said, don't get excited, but and then listen what she said. I literally said, why did you call me and tell me this? And tell me I couldn't be excited?
Speaker 1: I said, there is a possibility that through a friend and a hookup, that we might be able to have admittance for free to Club Renaissance, which, if you're not aware, club Renaissance is literally the floor.
Speaker 2: So it's like the stage and you that's it.
Speaker 1: The only thing separating you from the stage is a security guy in a in a yellow T shirt.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Like you can literally throw your bottle and baked the head.
Speaker 2: That's how close, don't you dad?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to the us if you If someone did, I would have been so but that's how close.
Speaker 1: So Club Renaissance is like, oh, hey is that sweat? Oh? I feel her wind machine because it's on me too. Club Renaissance is as close as you can get. Also, although there were tickets where people were little on the side stage, so so that was the closest. But Club Renaissance was literally like, oh you know, I could see your stockings. I mean I it's close. And so I was like, but there's no guarantee. Some when he got there and Mandy was like.
Speaker 2: What, like where are we with it? And I was like, well, I messaged said hook up. I haven't heard back. And this was just like such.
Speaker 3: Taking like a hookup, like a like a sneaky like no, no, no, no, can we be the plug?
Speaker 2: I can't be.
Speaker 1: I can't yet the plug plug, I can't be took.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, And so I was like.
Speaker 3: That's about drugs, so I don't know anyways, stick to your metaphors.
Speaker 2: So I messaged the plug.
Speaker 1: The plug did not right back, and so old Tiffany would have been like, well, the plug is busy. I'm not trying to bother the plug, which is sit in our amazing seats, which we but new Tiffany was like, Tiffany, don't do that, and Mandy was like.
Speaker 3: We had to hype up y'all. Yeah, she was like, should I call? I was like, we were standing outside of our ces. I'm like, Mandy was like, the plug there was ever a time to raise your hand and say what about me?
Speaker 1: I'd like, and the thing is the plug offered. This was not something that I tapped the plug on the shoulder. The plug was like, girl, I want to do this for you. Just let me know, you know. And I was like, you're right, I'm gonna put on my big girl panties. And I called the plug and the plug picked up and we were all like and of course the line went dead because it was bad service.
Speaker 2: I was like, so.
Speaker 3: Ran the stressed to the studio.
Speaker 1: We're not the studio but the open air because met Life is an open air stadium.
Speaker 2: Called the plug again.
Speaker 1: She picked up, and I was like, my friends and I are currently here, and so she was like I will come get you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And so I was like, you know here.
Speaker 1: I had already given her our sections and our seat numbers, but I gave it again and so I was like, we have to go to our seats.
Speaker 2: The plug is coming. We were all like, it's really, this is really happening.
Speaker 3: She wasn't coming. She was gonna send them.
Speaker 1: At first she said she was gonna come, and then I was like, and then she was like, I'm not able to I'm gonna send. You know, I don't want to call her a minion, just a nice young lady who's gonna be all in black with the head that. She was like, take a picture of you and your friends so my person can know exactly who to look for. So she took a picture, smiling.
Speaker 2: Like do it, send it to her.
Speaker 1: And then before I want to say, within ten minutes, a nice young woman walked over, all black with her walkie talkie and headset. It was like, let's go, Oh my god. The way we looked at her there like is this really happening? I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, if you're not, if you don't got your walking get ready. We had barely our butts had barely warmed the seats we were sending in, and I was like, don't get comfortable. Don't even tell the universe you want to say the seats were great.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 3: I still feel like we would have had an amazing time, absolutely, but also so we followed behind it better than getting but.
Speaker 1: The looks on me right now, because it was very clear that like, oh, where are they going with the walkie TALKI lady, we.
Speaker 2: Were one never that person, very very.
Speaker 1: Clear, like, walkie talking Lady walked us up the stairs to the side, down the stairs, down, down the stairs to the floor. Walkie talking Lady was like, hey, there with me, here's my bads, no problem.
Speaker 2: Usher you in.
Speaker 1: Walkie talking Lady walks us across the floor to the entrance of Club Renaissance and says, there with me. And before Mandy was pre celebrating.
Speaker 3: Listen, yeah, I figured you're gonna do ye. I had this video of you giving me what you What I can only say is like the face you probably used with your with your preschoolers in daycare when I don't know. They were like trying to do a backflip on a table.
Speaker 1: Because Mandy was because mostly because it was water. We did not want her to fall.
Speaker 2: We're like, Mandy, we need you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like because I had pre it reigned earlier, so I was like, we don't celebrate until we're inside the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then we got in.
Speaker 3: I got I thought we were there. We got to the floor and I was like, this is and Ashley and Tiffany both turned around like we don't want you. This is not sanctioned, like shut up, be quiet, and I was like okay.
Speaker 1: So we get inside and she says have fun. And then that's when me and made you look at each other and literally just jumped up and down like a pair of two year old screaming.
Speaker 3: Liked it didn't so real. It still feel like someone was gonna yank us. And I mean one guy did try. He did try, he did come for us. I wish I had gotten his name. His name is probably like Earth.
Speaker 1: It was an older black dude who took his very serious come on Earl and so Mandy and I was like, let's take a turn around club club, run its home since we here or whatever. Because we walked around and Earl noticed that we didn't have bracelets on. He was like, excuse me, we're your bracelet in their.
Speaker 2: Life span, Like we were, we ate it.
Speaker 1: We were walked in and so I could tell Earl was trying to decide if he was gonna cause trouble. And Earl was like, you know what, I'm gonna let you rock, but be careful because people might ask, which nobody did. Only Earl, and so we were like okay, and so we went over it like we walked away from Girl's entrance because there was like two sides and me and maybe look, and Earl was behind us again like a damn ghost.
Speaker 2: We're like hot. Earl was like I just wanted to want you again, to be.
Speaker 3: I can just picture the janitor from Abbot Elementary, but like shorter and meaner.
Speaker 1: We were like, okay, I good.
Speaker 3: Started we get it, like, oh, go get a hobby.
Speaker 1: And then so then we were just like soaking it in, like we're here.
Speaker 2: We're really here.
Speaker 3: She hadn't been. It was before the show started. It wasn't that crowded. I would only stand that long for Beyonce because I have said, I think on this show there's record of me saying I don't go to concerts where I just stand up anymore. But oh my god, like the because like in the stands, even though you're like you can you obviously you're standing or whatever, but like you still have to respect people's space and all that. We had space to mood. I had space to do the whole covenry. Yeah, like it was. It was amazing And when the when the lights went down, and when that beautiful screen, I mean I it just became like a fever dream. I kept looking around at Barren like just do little kids from bath and Georgia University of Georgia, just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And Tiffany was a whole vibe.
Speaker 2: Yes, we just had such a good time dancing.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course, Beyonce, I mean she started off with slow music, so we were just singing our little hearts out.
Speaker 3: What oh, we gotta take a break, y'all? Oh, be right back for more? Beyonce. Chat y'all got me to sing. Tiffany does a singing bye, be right back? Move get up the way? When did Queen come through?
Speaker 2: Part?
Speaker 3: Like the red said We're back?
Speaker 1: And so now here's the thing about Club Club Renaissance. It's a circle, and so first you're not sure, like is she gonna is she It's a circle with a line down the middle, and you're like, is she going to walk the.
Speaker 2: Circle comes back?
Speaker 1: No? Maybe no, because really, first I want to say, one third of the show, she's at the top of the stage so you could see her, but she's not like close enough to be like touch my hand. So I was like, no, maybe she's gonna stay there.
Speaker 2: And then she started to walk down and I was like, Mandy, she's coming.
Speaker 3: It was cozy. Yes, it was cozy, which is not only no, it was breaking myself.
Speaker 2: Yes. She was wearing all pink.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And she walked down and I was like, literally I could see the whites of her eyes.
Speaker 3: I'm going to close my eyes.
Speaker 1: And then she came to our section of the circle, where she was so close I could almost given her a high five.
Speaker 2: She was. I was like, what is happening? Is this real life? How are we here? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. I mean, Ma and Mandy danced our lives away, say, took video pictures. And then also Mandy was like, oh to the look to the left, that's just Katie Holmes.
Speaker 3: I was like, say, what so random? Yes and awesome.
Speaker 2: Her daughter sirr yeah, you know, Tom Cruise is child with her.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, hey, y'all, I'm busy looking at Beyonce's you know, And they were too.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And then there was another Pat McGrath. I told you, very like the most famous black makeup artists in the world. She was there getting her life, I mean was she She was like she looked at me, she was like, can you believe this? I said, no, she was a girl. I don't care about nothing, but nothing. All I care about right now was she was such a fan. Her face was like she literally looked at me, was like, isn't this incredible?
Speaker 3: And we were both like you probably tried to tell me and I didn't. I couldn't hear a damn thing.
Speaker 2: It was just amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean Karradellavi and I saw, yes, karadell uh and then some other people like you don't know. I was too busy looking at Beyonce. Everyone there was no celebrity there except for Beyonce. Like that is how incredible it was.
Speaker 1: I will say that that no one bothered the quote unquote celebrities in there, and so they were more because everyone was like that's cool. But do you see Beyonce's on stage?
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, yep, Like you know, shout out to Katie and her daughter. They could have been passing out, you know, like orders I would not have No, I'm just like beyond is here? Oh man? Yeah, the way that my hips and my feet are so mad at me, but it's such a good It's a good kind of pain. We couldn't. We didn't even want to leave the.
Speaker 2: Like the last people in club in club.
Speaker 3: Where they're twirling around on the trashy floor taking pictures. I was trying to get the guy to he was he was blowing away the confetti and I was like, just blow something if you don't get out of my way, psycho.
Speaker 2: But it was just yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: And I have like a bucket list of like things I want to experience at a concert. One of them was like I want to be backstage, and I did that at essence Fest, which is pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: And I also said I want to be I want to be front row.
Speaker 3: And so my sister, were you back stage four at essence Fest?
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was like essence Fest, you know, they have just a series of like, you know, artists. I can't remember who at the time was performing, but like when do you anyone you wanted to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to be back because I never saw like what is backstage?
Speaker 1: Like it's really cool. Like I was like, oh okay, like literally walk all the way to the front. There's like a bar back there, there's seeding. It's just a very cool lounge.
Speaker 2: Vibe.
Speaker 1: And so if you're a speaker at essence to be all the way clear essence, don't pay. Okay, they don't want to pay they speakers. Maybe they pay like this, you know the celebrity singers. But one of the ways they pay, girl, they will say, here you go, here's your one pass to go backstage. And I'm like, I can be boughts yes, And so I did that a couple backstage.
Speaker 3: There'd be like a forty foot glitter horse. There would be what was that car she was on, like some kind of full automobile. I sound so old. It was an automobile. It was a cool car. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was just amazing, and so we I did, you know? So so I did backstage. And I also said I wanted to be front row when I worked with my sisters last year to the Usher Residency in Vegas, and front row tickets weren't so crazy. Hones say they were less than Beyonce tickets. I want to say they were like eight or nine hundred dollars. And so I was able to like splurge and get front row tickets then, and it was amazing. I'm talking about Usher literally held my hand that's how front row, and so yes, because the residence.
Speaker 2: Is because of the theater is not that big.
Speaker 1: So if you aren't want to do front row and you like an artist that's performing a residency in Vegas, consider that because it was like under a thousand dollars, which is not a little bit of money, but not quite. I'm sure Beyonce's front row probably was like ten thousand or something crazy, you know, and you.
Speaker 3: Still have like again like the space and the guards in your way with no oddly.
Speaker 1: Like with Usher, it was literally like here's your seat, like I could have put my feet up on the on the on the stage like he really was holding our hands singing to us.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, I have one. Yes, it was amazing, And so I always said.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to do kind of quote unquote like the pit where you stand and you're that's this close to the stage. But you know, you it's not easy because you don't want to do that for like a ten hour concert, like you know, Beyonce doesn't have any beginning middle, it's it's Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and we were we were made very clear by the plug that like get your pl and y'all know, I got the bladder.
Speaker 3: Of a tiff. Was so stressed about this. I was stressed, there will be no leaving to use the bathroom. Yes, vibe.
Speaker 1: So I stopped drinking water because I don't drink alcohol two hours ahead like a kid, like a little lady, and I made sure I peted like seventeen times.
Speaker 2: I was like and then and then. But I was really proud of my bladder. I actually thanked her.
Speaker 3: I was like, girl, you.
Speaker 2: Did so good. You did so good because I was.
Speaker 1: Like, there's nothing worse than like enjoying yourself. And then you're bladder. Was like, girl, but we have to go. I'm like, well, we're not going. So she didn't give me no trouble. I was so proud of myself. Yeah, it just it was amazing. But you know what one part I really loved Mandy is at the end when Beyonce did this thing, because you know, we've been talking about being present and like what enough looks like? She said, you know, I want you to take a moment and like in this moment, you know, like maybe just feel your you know, feel gratefulness, and like She's like, I hope you you felt seen tonight. I hope you felt loved, looked to the left and right, remember who you came with, remember what you wore, and just soak in this moment. And it was like such a like I was like, be honest, it definitely goes to therapy job because it was such a grounding, centering moment.
Speaker 2: And I did that.
Speaker 1: I looked at Mandy and I was like, I looked at Baron and his mom and I thought, what an amazing thing. I was like, my outfit was slaying. So I did that, and I just like I get to hold those memories with me, like this was an amazing experience, and so I got to experience it with really awesome people.
Speaker 3: So this is why we can't say it like experience is overthings always always I'll take it. Yeah, dancing with you like that, just being free, and I did feel seen, And I tell you like I was having I've been on this journey my whole life, like so many of us are, to like love yourself, love your body. And something clicked for me this past year and I just started to embrace my body the way that it is. I'm not trying to be any other version of myself the size I am, the way I look what I look like and close all of that, it just feels good. I just feel really good in my own skin now and looking up on that stage and I think it's just happening for me at a moment when we're finally accepting other people for how they look. And she had, Oh my god, this gorgeous dancer, like full body thick, then thighs were jiggling and wiggling and the CLEI of she was just going off. I've been watching. I watched videos of her. I took videos of her just to like, I'm like, this is amazing. Not only that, but the trombone player was like pregnant, not insignificantly pregnant, yeah, clearly pregnant. I did feel seen and she did this whole epic because you know, Renaissance is all really homage to the gay community, you know, to house music, to the club scene, all of that, and she really like you could see that come through because there was this one of my favorite parts of the concert. It's hard to say because Beyonce wasn't on stage, but when her dancers came out and they did their what do you call it from, like the yeah voguing, yes, and do the splits and like they were all hyping.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was beautiful representation of like creative expression from this libertaicoa self love, yes.
Speaker 3: Self love and at a time when it's really not safe to be that way and this unfortunately, at least in this little bubble of the MetLife Stadium, Beyonce just let everyone wave their freak flag. She's like, put on the sparkly boots, put on the ass list, chaps, yes, you know, bring your mama and tell her to put the crown on her head and let's all come together and feel joy and love. And we can go back to the stress and the chaos and the bs later, but right now, for this night, let's just love and be so happy. And that's what we were.
Speaker 1: And I have to say, like on the leave out, first of all, you could tell a lot about an artist, an artist by their fans. So leaving there was no jostling, there was no pushing, there was no anger. It was like excuse me, oh my back, oh you slay girl. It was just so I mean, And it was I mean literally tens of thousands, well thousands of thousands of people leaving at the same time, even the people like the like the security guards. You know a lot of times you leave a concert and they're basically yelling at you to get out. That we did not get that at all. It was like where you going, baby, just you can go go left, come on this way. I mean, it was just kindness across the board. I mean getting on the train. Imagine thousands of thousands of people like trying to get on trains as they come and go, and everybody was like no, no, you go, no, you said you It was and I thought to myself, these are your fans. The level of patience and kindness, and it's just it really was like such a testament to the energy that she's that she brought that you know, everybody was just so kind. I mean, people were thanking the security guards and things, thank you so much for keeping us safe. Thank you so I mean, and the security guards and things were like thank you. You know, it just was get home safely, you know. It just it was an amazing, amazing experience, but not just the obviously her she was amazing, but just the holistic experience of like, wow, oh girl, we forgot a major part.
Speaker 2: Blue Blue Girl. I just remembered it too, a.
Speaker 3: Baby blue The finish with you, we are we ready.
Speaker 2: To talk about no girl.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, yeah, the people are nice anyway.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm like a proud mama because if you in following Blue Ivy's journey because she started off in Paris, but she did her first I don't know, she debuted in Paris, and like, I love that be I don't know. I just love to see that she has improved like her da And it's hard. I was never even going to criticize her dance movies because she's all of eleven years old and her mother is Beyonce, and she's on tour in this massive stadiums, Like I would go out there and pee my pants every night if that was me. But she dance anyway. But she has gone so much better, and I'm like, Beyonce's letting her make her mistakes and improve. And God, she was so the ploy.
Speaker 1: Because it's like this, I'm Beyonce first of all, and I love that because a lot of parents would be like, until you're perfect, you can't show yourself. It's like no, no, no, no that because one the assumption is this is what I'm assuming she had to come to practice.
Speaker 2: You don't just get to get over stage two.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, you have to get fitted, meaning like she allowed her see to see the process of what a look like to have this level of success. And then three, in front of all these people, performed like that's I mean, I I could not do that now at forty three.
Speaker 2: Let it one eleven. So I just like, if you can't take, what can you do? Okay?
Speaker 3: And Blue, and it was just the energy between them and just seeing you know, I know Beyonce is an artist and entertainer, but I don't think that she's putting on a show when she looks at Blue.
Speaker 2: That's how it was. It was giving look at my baby dancing.
Speaker 3: The rude just pooped and wiped his own butt the other day and I had the same look at my face, you know, like that's how it is. The Blue was so epic and their vibe together and her dance moves. She commanded the stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she commanded, that's struck down now.
Speaker 1: US said, oh, if that is the Beyonce struck her struck down the stage, I said, girl, you don't struck taste.
Speaker 2: We had a walk okay.
Speaker 3: And I feel like the dancers were like I felt their energy, like we're gonna take care of blue Y, you know what I mean. Oh god, it was so good.
Speaker 1: Again, Like we cannot reiterate enough that like this to me was money so well spent. Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay your mortgage, you shouldn't pay your card. No you should no, no, no, you shouldn't be refinancing. You know, even though Mandy put it on her card, it wasn't that we didn't have the money up front. It was just, you know, that was the way to to pay for you know, that was one of the ways to take get the tickets in advance. Yes, exactly so, but that is not something first of all, one, you know, we could have purchased tickets that were way less expensive, you know, if we wasn't something we could afford. This is something that like, okay, that we have positioned ourselves in a way that when something like this comes up, it's like I can look at my budget and say I have more than enough space because I live well below my means and.
Speaker 2: I have more than enough space.
Speaker 1: And I'm really proud of new Tiffany because old Tiffany would have said even if I had you know, like hundreds.
Speaker 2: Of thousands of dollars just sitting here checking.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, no, it's too much, but too much for whom, you know what I mean? Like, I remember distinctly when I realized I had a problem Mandy. I don't know if you remember, but remember during a pandemic, you want to buy yourself a peloton. Yeah, And you weren't really sure if you should get yourself a peloton. And I was like, Mandy, you work really hard, you make good money, you make good financial choices, you deserve you should get a peloton. And then you were like, what about me? I was like, oh, no, no, And then it CLICKEDERU. I was like, wait, why is it that it's okay for Mandy to get a peloton? And the same things you told to Mandy are also true for you. But I did not think I deserved one. And I went to therapy that week and I told her. I was like, I was giving Mandy like the speech about getting a peloton because she does deserve and it's not gonna be a financial burden. But I don't feel that way for myself. What's going on? And so we had to really work through a feeling of deservedness. I did not feel deserving to spend the money that I'd made, you know, And so I'm so happy for the Tiffany I am now where I was almost afraid, well, if I start to purchase things that I feel like i'm worthy of, my going to overspend. And doctor Green was like, girl, of all the things to worry about, you are not gonna be Nobody's always better, and so she was like, that's not your issue. The issue if for you is you know, you how you feel about yourself. And so since then, I have spent money in a way that's in closer alignment with how I want to see myself and how I want to feel about myself. So I'm not quite fully there. Yeah, I still sometimes feel guilty about spending, but I'm so glad that I did this because it was amazing to have this experience with you, Mandy, but also too to remind myself that, like, you know, if it's not causing financial harm, and you know it's something that you really want to do, then do it. Because this experience is one that I'll never forget and it's so worth the money. You know, this experience for me because of where I am financially, but also too where I am emotionally as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Think about what is your version of great seats at the Beyonce Show, you know. And there's this moment when I am my master class, my negotiating master class, where I had these slides because for us, it's about like when we encourage people to want more from themselves financially and to make space for themselves to you know, make more money and reach for higher you know, titles at work so you can get paid more and negotiate more and all these things that especially I encourage women to do. Oftentimes it feels uncomfortable because it's like, well, we're just grabbing for money. Capitalism is evil, Like why am I just wanting more and more and more and more and more. And so I had this series of slides that I show and I'm like, don't think about the money and grabbing more that think about what you can do with it and what it means for you, what doors it's going to open. And so I had these pictures of like my brother and I spending We spent so much money to go see the Harry Potter play in London when it first premiered, and I'll never forget that weekend with my little brother. I didn't even know what life was going to bring, but I'm sure as hell can't just spend five days with my baby brother in London right now, you know, and my you know, paying for my wedding and you know, starting my own business and taking my mom to see Celine Dion in Vegas, you know, because that was our queen in the nineties. Anyway, best believe if you come to my webinar in September, there will be that picture of me looking hella crazy from the Beyonce concert, because that's the why. So like, what is your why? And I think if we just focus on what that looks like for us, what we want to bring us joy, and look at money as a tool to get us there, then it stops feeling like I'm just doing this to be doing it and it feels lucky and you know, so just to find that for yourselves and maybe for me and Tiff it was Beyonce, maybe for you, I don't know, you fill in the blank and have fun doing it and then that'll make your money goals. I feel like seem so much less work and more about yeah, just getting that opportunity.
Speaker 2: I love this for us.
Speaker 3: I love it too. I love you tif I'm just god we had a happy experience together too, you know, just like there's been a lot of shit, I mean obviously in the past couple of years. A BA fan, several BA fans responded to say that they just they're like, I love this for y'all. Love to see tiff especially Tiffany, love to see her smiling and having a moment. And going anywhere with Tiffany and Jersey already feels like you're kind of like hanging out with the mayor. Especially close to Newark.
Speaker 1: There was a woman in the Renaissance who was like, girl, I just want to say I got your book and I got it for my knee. I was like this, I love it, but I'm trying to get my left to be asking my dad. I don't want to be about to be say yes.
Speaker 3: Tiff was getting recognized. There were people they were like the bunch of nieces here the same We were like, is that Surrey cruiser that's very cruising me? But it was damn it. But it was just awesome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I actually am going to be off for the whole month of August, because this is what me and Maddy do, you know, take time for ourselves.
Speaker 3: So speaking of leaning into joy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to be spending like two weeks with my bonus baby. We are going to Europe. We're going to I asked her where she wanted to go.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, no more Shenanigans with like the jerseys and the well were jerseys, but Jordan's and whatever else. These kids be bine. So she says she wanted to go to London in Paris, and I said, okay, I've been before in Paris.
Speaker 2: I like London.
Speaker 1: Yes it's okay, but she wanted to go, so I said okay, and then I tagged on the Amafi coast.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to go. I've been to Italy, but never this part of Italy before.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: And so we'll be there for ten days and the back half of August front half I'm just gonna be preparing basically and chilling. But yeah, you know, I'm leaning into life, child, and so what I love though about that, and I'll share like as I get back, is that that trip that we're taking one hundred percent points Mandy. I'm talking about the flight, the hotel, even the excursions because we're using like I'll share when I get back, which cars and how it worked. But like, literally, the only thing that I'm coming out of pocket is like day to day food that we're gonna eat. But every aspect of the trip. Wow, a friend of mine books trips that she helped me to navigate, and so I just learned so much about how to make the most out of your point.
Speaker 2: But like I'm super excited because.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, that could be a whole show. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally wanna say one hundred scent points? I mean everything, We're flying business class, but you know, baby, girls.
Speaker 2: Gonna be so geeked. I'm gonna get a little pad.
Speaker 1: I know, m So you know it's gonna be so. But like I said, that's not coming out of pocket. All of our hotels. We're staying in three different hotels. That's not coming out of pocket. And all of our excursions, you know, like we're booking with a specific car because I have points there too, that's not coming out of pocket. So yeah, I'm excited to kind of come back and be like this word this didn't work. But you know, I don't anticipate spending with them, maybe like a thousand dollars in food. Maybe I don't even know, like I'm not, but license, yeah, I can imagine ten days and Europe and like under let's say under two thousand dollars, you know, if we want to get fancy with like souvenirs and stuff.
Speaker 3: So I mean you're on brand, fertiicipate. I will say that about using credit responsibly taking advantage of them points. I can't I can't wait. I haven't done a trip like that all by point since like my wedding I paid for are with a lot of points or sorry, my honeymoon, not my wedding. I'm so happy for y'all. I'm so excited for y'all. And we'll see you in September. School's back in session in September. I'll be holding it down in the meantime. But thanks for like listening to us recap our Beyonce experience. And you know, whatever that is for you, go find it, yes, because I will be floating for life. Like all I have to do is go back and look at these pictures. I'll look at pictures of you know, giving birth to my babies, and my wedding and this Beyonce concert and I don't I love that. There's just there's not much else.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, So next week, y'all. We love y'all, Bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, hey, ba Fam. We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambition podcast is produced by Imani Crosby and Dennis and Plinsky is our in house tech guru. I am your co host Mandy Woodrif Santos, and we will see y'all next week, ba Fam.