Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. Today you'll hear from head coach John Harball, tight end Mark Andrews, and running back Keith Mitchell. Let's start out with Harps.
Speaker 2: All right, good seeing everybody appreciates you guys being here.
Speaker 3: Obviously short week, right back at it Cincinnati in front of us, very important divisional game. I guess a very good team, so we're looking forward to it. But we have a lot of work to do and that's what we're on to today. So what questions you have, Johnny.
Speaker 2: We saw that Ronnie and Marlin did not practice today.
Speaker 4: Anything significant, anything up agantry injuries would.
Speaker 3: Either one not long term, not long term, I'd say day to day. Hopefully we'll get him to Thursday. There's a chance, and we'll see where we're at.
Speaker 5: John, recognizing he's tough, we wanted to be out there. It looks like Marcus Williams was having a hard time, you know, wrapping up with left arm, especially. Are you concerned about a liability there or just he's going to fight through and play well.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna keep getting better as he gets more comfortable. You know, he's got some limitation there with kind of the protection he's got on it right now, but as it gets stronger, it's getting stronger, he'll need less of that and give them a little more range of motion. So I think he's gonna be just fine moving around good. So he's a big part of what we're doing.
Speaker 6: You guys, have you know, started fast pretty much every game this year, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the fullest quarter.
Speaker 6: I think it's kind of been with the first Is there anything there? It probably doesn't seem like there's any one trend or whatever what you're called the dude you identified anything there in terms of that.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think it's a national football it's it's tough, it's a long season. And yeah, probably the story is we've started fast really every game. That's pretty unusual. If we had finished strong in every game, we'd be undefeated, which is what we'd like to be right now, but we're not. So those three games where we didn't finish where we needed to, we lost. Uh So that's kind of what we're working on right now. Certainly looking at the details, you know, like you said, within it this that whatever the detail might be, that's part of the process. I mean, this thing is a journey, you know, it's never you never set. I think we like to look at and say, Okay, this is what they are, this is what they are, and this is what they're gonna be all year. It's like no, every team is forging kind of the season as they go and things happen. You get game plan, you don't play things great, You play things great, plays come up, plays get made, plays don't get made. It's the it's to me, it's the it's the Uh, it's the it's the miracle of the National Football League. You know, that's why everybody watches it. It's so exciting. So we just know what we got to work on right now to get better, and that's what we're working on.
Speaker 7: What's what's the biggest challenge to turn around and other things?
Speaker 2: Getting ready to pardon them after probably two things.
Speaker 3: I mean, the one thing is the physical part of it, right for the guys, I mean that's just a big, big, big challenge. But uh, after it once a year, so they're they're up for doing it. They know it's coming. So our guys are ready to face that challenge and try to be their best Thursday. And then the mental part of it, uh, being ready with the game plan and putting the game plan together. Because we were right on the game plan today right after the game. That's quick. But we felt like we were prepared as a coaching staff and UH, and and having a division obviously division opponents helpful with that. Probably appreciate question jumping off that, But do you do you find that players will like to get right back to work after a disappointing day. I think they do when they have a Thursday night game. You know a lot of guys come in on a normal week though they'll come in and lyft on Monday. Uh, they'll watch the tape a lot of times even though it's their off day. So different guys do it differently.
Speaker 6: Is there any long those lines? Is there any different about a Thursday Night came from from your guys in the standpoint, like you know, prime time on the lights, that sort of thing, a little introjuice to their Fursday.
Speaker 2: It's just hits that. No.
Speaker 3: I think there is. I mean I think there is. I think they're excited about Thursday Night. Thursday Night's a it's a it's a primetime game. You know, it's the only game on uh, it's a national TV game, you know, on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Huh, So there they'll be excited to play. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 8: I know you're asked yesterday that Mitchell you not playing as much in the second half. Ste anything you can add to that, and just when you see how productive he is, I mean, that's kind of an understandable question to that he wasn't on the field a.
Speaker 2: Whole lot in a second. It's a very good question.
Speaker 3: I think it's you know, something that's probably you know, as you look back on it, part of the process of getting a young guy in there, you know, kind of working him into the game plan as part of the process as we go. You know, I don't think we felt probably as an offensive coaching staff, we're going to throw the whole game plan on him. And then those are kind of the plays he got called from the groupings get called in second half. Looking back on it, would we wanted him out there more? Yeah, And I think that'll factor into this this game plan. The way he got called those plays weren't the ones that he was kind of scheduled for, you know. So uh you look at look all ad Mark, you know, I mean you got two passes in the game.
Speaker 2: Is that what we want absolutely not.
Speaker 3: You know, you want to the ball goes where it goes sometimes, but we want the ball to go to Mark. So I think that's also part of the kind of the dynamic as the season goes along, trying to work through those things.
Speaker 7: You mentioned yesterday to Shawn kind of getting elusive and getting out of the pocket. Was was a disappointment when you had a chance to kind of digest the game. What'd you kind of see was that because it seemed like you guys were getting pressure.
Speaker 9: Was it over pursuit?
Speaker 2: Was it just what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great question. Almost Sometimes it was basically we pressed the pocket too too close to him, you know, and he was able to get away. We got a few holding calls trying when he tried to get out of the two, but you know, then it's a little tough to tear off. So there's definitely a you know, it's a it's a it's a fine line, you know, with a quarterback that strong and that good broke a tackler too.
Speaker 2: Uh, We've got to do a better job of that.
Speaker 3: We have another one this week coming in who does the same type of thing, just a different way. But Joe Burrow is just as good as getting out of the pocket and making play. So it's gonna be a big point of emphasis.
Speaker 10: How different do you think the Bengals are gonna be Thursday compared to the first time you played them? Just I mean, you mentioned Burrow his mobility, you know, healthier, But what what do you what do you see from them?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, they're they're there are ten games in eleven games in whatever, and they're they're a different team. I mean, just like just like we are, just like every team in the league is. They've got you know, he's healthier, other guys aren't. It's a different time, John.
Speaker 4: From a coaching perspective, it's tough not with some of the late games stuff to kind of question everything and your guys trying too hard. Is there certain calls that we could do to try to change this? Like how much do you put on yourself to try to kind of figure out the root of some of these late game issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we look at the football. You know, you all have time to dig into the psychology. If that's what you're asking me for the root causes. Maybe there's some historical reasons for it. I'm not exactly sure, but we're just looking at the football, you know. So we fixed the football. That's what we're doing, and our guys are good about that. We've got a very honest culture, very straightforward culture. You know, we don't gloss anything over. We all look at ourselves. We were in a partners we look at how we look ats pro football, you know, so the players and the coaches are in a partnership together to try to play the best we can, you know, coach the best we can put the best performers out there that we can together.
Speaker 2: That's really how we do it. And I think that's part of the whole the process of the whole season. You know. So you can't panic, you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't get all upset about one game, you know, just like you don't get over happy about one game, and you kind of try to keep an even keel and keep moving, you know, straight ahead through the water.
Speaker 6: Did you get an explanation on the delay the game call?
Speaker 10: That is it?
Speaker 4: Some of you guys thought that clock was reset on their year Lives offensive drive.
Speaker 3: You know, they explained it. You know that those are hard Why they pumped the clock? Why they don't we thought we were going to get a pump clock later when we took the delay a game they had a guy on the field injured. They didn't pump the clock on that one, so, uh, not sure, not sure.
Speaker 7: Did you get an explanation of the crack back would look to be a crackback block?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we set it in. Hopefully we will. You know, I saw it on tape.
Speaker 2: I felt like trying to save me, trying to save me. I appreciate that. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 8: I felt like the game kind of slowed to a crawl at times yesterday, just given the number of injuries and penalties and so forth.
Speaker 6: Is it can it be hard for an offense to stay in rhythm when that's happening.
Speaker 2: With Well, that's a good question. I don't.
Speaker 3: I just think you have to deal with it. Just you have to deal with it. And there's a lot of delays part of football.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: All right, great, thanks, here's tight end Mark Andrews.
Speaker 8: Does it kind of.
Speaker 4: Help having a short meet coming off a lot that you mean we just turn your focus to what's next on a Thursday?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, right now, it's all about just focusing on the next game, focusing on football, you know, like I said after that game, we're just gonna you know, take you know, our mistakes and what we did in the good things, bad things, learn from it, grow as a team and become better, and luckily we get to play Thursday.
Speaker 2: Like you said, you might.
Speaker 10: Start so strong, how are you able to you know, this time around, carry.
Speaker 9: That into the second had to keep them moment, just finish, you know. I think we've uh, we've seen it, you know, both ways this year, us finishing strong and and us not. So for us, it's we gotta be dominant. We gotta be dominant all four quarters. And I'm looking forward to to to be able to take the field to the guys this Thursday.
Speaker 1: What is it about finishing Mark? I mean, obviously there's just the execution of the plays, right, but is there a mindset to finishing fourth quarter play?
Speaker 9: It's just football, man. So that's why this game is so beautiful as anything. It happens any given Sunday. The guys that were playing against are are you know, incredibly talented, and they're there for a reason. So we gotta be on our p's and q's. We gotta do our job and just play together and good things will happen.
Speaker 2: We do that.
Speaker 9: We got a special team.
Speaker 10: Mark, This game on Thursday was gonna be big either way. But you know, given what happened yesterday and the result, just how much bigger does this game on Thursday? You know, between you guys and the Bengals. You know, given the standings and what's at stake, how much bigger to make it?
Speaker 2: You gotta look forward to it.
Speaker 9: You know, it's a it's a primetime Thursday night game. Uh, the world's watching, so we'll we'll we'll all be up for that. But you know, I think every you know, every game that we've had, we've been you know, hyped up, peeked up for, and uh, there's no difference for this game. But you know, obviously it's a special games Thursday night, all lies on us.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 5: Would you talk a little bit about the competitiveness and just this division white's.
Speaker 1: So tough playing in it.
Speaker 9: It's physical, man, it's a it's a physical division. You know, there's there's no team that's you know, that's easy. It's a cake walking. Even if a team's way better one year and and not another year, it's a it's always gonna be a dogfight. So I've got a lot of pride in this division and and and uh obviously bride in the Ravens. So yeah, it stuff.
Speaker 1: It's frustrating as yesterday was. I mean the offense. You've scored thirty more than thirty points at past four weeks. Do you what do you feel like is coming together for this offense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think had times. And you know, there's been a couple of games we've been really efficient, but you know there's certain dry as we're just moving the ball, you know, being efficient and moving the ball, doing our job. And you know, I think that we've we've grown as an offense. If you look from first game to to this game, this last game, we've gotten a lot better. We've kind of gotten our identity and it's only going to get better and better.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Next up, running back Keaton Mitchell.
Speaker 2: The experience playing on.
Speaker 10: The short arrest before.
Speaker 11: No, I ain't never been I ain't never had a game like this, clothes.
Speaker 10: So see, how what are people's you know, teammates, coaches, you know, what are they saying? The biggest kind of focus to get your your body right, your right preparing for Thursday?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you just said, it just getting our body right, leaving his game behind this and just focus on says and.
Speaker 6: He first up game for you late it's your What kind of juice does that give you?
Speaker 11: I guess it's not really no jews. I mean it's just another game and me I ain't never really experience nothing like this. I don't know how big it's supposed to be, but I know it's a divisional opponent. Uh So, yeah, that that aspect, yes, I know is big, but I mean Monday or Thursday just another game.
Speaker 4: I didn't kind of handle this ride, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, just a lot of buzz around you for obvious reasons, making big plays. How do you kind of take that all in?
Speaker 11: I mean, it is what it is. I mean I don't really get two stuff on that. I just try to focus on the next game and focus on myself and just give all the glory to my teammates cause I couldn't do it without the old line or anybody on this team.
Speaker 3: How would you describe the mood of the locker room over the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 11: I mean, we coming in today, we j we all just put it behind it, like we just got Cincinnati. We gotta take care of those, so we're not really we're not gonna let.
Speaker 2: This game favorus.
Speaker 5: Is this sort of silver lining of having such a quick turnaround that you have to sort of flush Sunday so quickly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we don't have a cho We just gonna flush his leaders by this.
Speaker 6: He sounds like you, you know, might see more down shit than he plays.
Speaker 2: And so forth. Moving forward?
Speaker 6: Is it is that something that you respecting it kind of looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Uh, hopefully I I can get in the game a little bit more. Uh, whatever happens happens. I mean, well, if it come my way, i'm'a just make the best of it. So we just gonna have to see it.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Oh, before the game you were a little nick How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 2: I feel good?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Can you describe what it's like when you get that the handoff and you just see the whole like you see the grass in front of you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 2: I feel?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 10: What do you see? Like?
Speaker 1: Can you describe it?
Speaker 2: I can't really describe it.
Speaker 11: I mean, if I get some space like that, obviously I'm hoping for a touchdown, but I I hope I don't get caught. That's the only thing I know. My friends just gonna be on me, so I just can't get caught.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the adrenaline rush of it though, Yeah? Yeah, it's it's cool. Yeah, I'm good cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Ravens Press Pass as Baltimore gets ready to host the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday night football at M and T Bank Stadium. It's going to be lit, so make sure you're subscribe tole with rating a review, and we'll be back with you tomorrow with more press conferences and interviews from the Ravens locker room.