Speaker 1: Lamar in the pocket, that's caught in a lot of traffic by Nelsonmandalor to the end zone. Summersault touchdown play o' Clockett won to get it off and into the end zone. Those edwards to the touchdown because the Crofts used to replating. Here's Burrow shaking his head after trying to throw on the sideline. You could tell there's a problem.
Speaker 2: Oh, there is a problem for the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, problem for us, the football fans watching Thursday night football because we are excited for a showdown between two AFC North Titans. But Burrow's wrist injury, which knocked him out late in the first half, kind of put the curtains on this game. A thirty four to twenty win for the Ravens, who pretty much cruise after the touchdown that put them ahead. That kind of coincided with Burrow on the sideline trying to get some throws off. You can't even grip the football, and you know you saw it on his face. A lot of frustration and concern. Dan Hans is here around the NFL with Greg Rosenthal. The Ravens moved to eight and three. Greg, they not only further kind of entrenched themselves a top football's most competitive division, they might have put Cincinnati into a potential death spiral here, especially as we await word on Burrow's health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're taping this right after the show, so by the time you guys listen to this, maybe they will be more report reporting out. Maybe there'll be more news. We'll keep an eye on it. I think we got to just start with Burrow and the Bengals. I want to get to the Ravens. We always want to get to the winning team who was a big game.
Speaker 2: But this is one of the.
Speaker 4: Biggest stories in the league this year. He shows up to Baltimore coming off the plane because of this local footage that was shown in Cincinnat with some sort of what looks like a brace on his wrist, And even the Bengals tweeted out like, oh look at Joe Swag, you know, walking in on Twitter that showed he had something on his wrist before the game. And then they deleted it and and Twitter went crazy about it. And the brace thing from the local news actually was a day before. And I saw a clip from Chris Long who went through all the all twenty two from the week before looking for the play and he thinks he found it. Actually, like the second play of the game against the Texans, and Burrow came off the field shaking his wrist and he obviously played through it last week, but there was something. So he came into the game apparently with something despite not being on the injury report, and yet Dan he played magnificent. I think early in this game, the touchdown drive that they had to me was Pete Burrow picking out mismatches almost just like perfect, like knowing exactly what throws to make and beating a really good Ray's pass rush. So when he walked off the field and it happened in the second quarter when they went up ten to seven after that drive, the last thing you thought was he was injured. And then you see him that he got hurt on that last play when he threw the touchdown on the touchdown play, and that preceded what Al said on the sideline, and you just wonder if this is it for this team. There's no way to know about how long he's going to be out for the injuries. But even if he's not out, let's just say where they are right now. They're five and five. They're zero to three in the division, they're one in five in the conference. They do not have a game in the rest of their schedule Dan against a team with a losing record, So it's all five hundred and above moving forward. And it just took the total error out of what felt like was going to be one of the defining, like most exciting games of the season.
Speaker 3: I should have known this is going to happen when I locked up Cincinnati. My cursed lock season continues and Greg blessed.
Speaker 2: Every every week something breaks your way, and this time it was Joe Burrow's risk. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Bengals head coach Zach Taylor told reports reporters after the game that they believe that Burrow has sprained right risk. Rapaport rap Sheet reported that he suffered the injury after he fell on it early in the game. Another other big injury news on the other side, John Harborough set after the game that Mark Andrews the season is over. The star tight end has an ankle injury that will end his season. So that's a huge setback for the Ravens. Obviously kind of a crushing setback. So you know and guess what this is this is Thursday night football, unfortunately. And then there's all these reasons why Thursday night football is a great thing for the NFL and it's making gobs of money.
Speaker 2: But the injuries are a part of it.
Speaker 3: And you know they're going to go into spin mode here Cincinnati about Burrow's wrist injury because they are in line to to be facing league discipline if they did not put him on the injury report.
Speaker 4: And they're getting it, and listen like this, they're getting it. They're getting fined.
Speaker 2: Let's be real here, flash, let's be let's be real here. We're as a league.
Speaker 3: They're they're suspending players for weeks and hundreds of thousands of dollars and fines for unpip paid suspensions for gambling on other sports. And if there are teams that are hiding a superstar quarterback's wrist injury going to Thursday night football, how is that not just as bad when you look in from the context of gambling. Here's some sound from John Harbaugh on the Mark Andrews injury, which again is a huge one for Baltimore.
Speaker 5: I do it one injury announcement to make. Unfortunately, on the negative side, Mark Andrews has a very serious ankle injury. It looks like a season ending injury. So our prayers will be with Mark. He nobody cares more about the team and UH and being there for the guys and Mark Andrews. So it's gonna be hard for him, but we're gonna be there for him all the way.
Speaker 3: What a bummer, Greg that they had a stat and they did pretty well in general moving the ball today. I don't want to take take anything away from Baltimore in terms of their offense, which which played well in this game, but there's a lot of data points of the difference in this offense when Lamar and Andrews are not together. They came into the league together. In terms of chemistry between a QB and tight end, there are a few that possess as much as these guys. So to take Andrews out of the mix, even with the emergence of like an Odell Beckham and a Keaton Mitchell, these guys, they're not the same without him.
Speaker 4: No, I for some reason wasn't ready for that news at all. I know they ruled him out quickly, but I was thinking maybe high ankle sprain. He gets back. You know in a handful of weeks they play Isaiah likely a ton of snaps tonight. He ended up having two targets, did not have a catch. That is a huge loss. The Bengals lost Cam Taylor Britt, their number one cornerback, who saved a touchdown on a deep throw maybe Lamar's best throw the night. It was one of those beauties where if you're watching on the next gen Stet's prime vision, it's just a thing of beauty. I mean, that was a dart was gonna be a touchdown debateman that Taylor Britt did a great job catching up on and not gonna wait. He's easily their best cornerback. They also lost bj Hill, but Andrews, Yeah, take some juice out of their offense and is gonna put even more onto what for the most part did well tonight, which was the explosive passing game. I do want to get back to Burrow later, but while we're talking about it, I think the Ravens came into tonight thinking, let's attack this Bengals secondary deep. That's how they've been losing lately. Let's actually not focus on the running game early in this game. Let's pass to throw up the run it and it was kind of an uneven first half. They had some quick drives, but they also had two drives with a bunch of explosive plays, and Odell Beckham ends up with four for one sixteen. He's on the Amazon Prime set right now, so I don't think the shoulder injury at the end of the game was a big deal. He has two explosive plays. Say Flowers has a thirty three yarder on the first drive, Agilar gets that weird pass that was a thirty seven yarder, but there was also the Flowers seventy yard play that was overturned by a bogus penalty, And so this has been an explosive passing game and the Bengals defense has given up more explosive plays than any team in the NFL. It's kind of hard to believe. And that includes runs. And they gave up a run of twenty six to Edwards and twenty one to Mitchell, so they are having major problems. This matchup has been bad for them, and I know there was injuries in both of the games, but the Ravens under Harbaugh have done very well against the Zach Taylor Bengals and especially offensively. Look, it would have been tough for the Bengals to win this game even with Brow. I just would have liked to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And by the way, that was Odell's first one hundred yard games since the twenty twenty one NFC title game, So he really has been coming on and that's that's good for them, especially with Andrews exiting the picture. You're I mean, I'm just bummed because the Cincinnati's winning. They're winning the game, and it's looking like, uh, we're going to have a great back and forth affair.
Speaker 2: When Burrow go.
Speaker 3: Heads to the sideline, I don't know if I missed it because I was a little bit behind, so I was fast forwarding through commercials, and I when Burrow hits mixing in the flat for the touchdown, you kind of see Burrow in the background, like almost doubling over. And I don't know if they ever went back to that replay, and if if they didn't, that's a bad job by Amazon. Okay, so I don't bury them then, but like so, and then you know, they cut to the sidelines and you see him unable to grip the ball, and the thing is and we're not doctors. You know, our mothers, both debbies would wish that we were, but we're not. When and there's a sprain involved, that could be a lot of things, including a ligament damage. So there's gonna be MRIs and he is far from out of the woods. We just don't know like what exactly is going on. And like I said, rap Sheet reported what I'm sure the Bengals are putting out there that he the injury happened tonight when he went and landed awkwardly on the wrist. But there's going to be a lot of there's going to be a lot of zapruder film studying of the actual situation.
Speaker 2: And it should also be known that Zach Taylor.
Speaker 3: Also feigned ignorance when he was asked after the game about the video that you're referencing that the social team put out.
Speaker 2: What it will cover up is on Greg this is.
Speaker 4: Wild Well one wanted to be clear, was from a local news organization, one of their local TV stations, so they had it. They didn't take it down, you know, they didn't need to take it down. They had the footage. And I think Chris Long. I watched Chris Long's video and it was pretty compelling. He showed the All twenty two and they showed Burro shaking it from last and the brace is the brace. Now to your point, which play did he get it hurt on tonight? He did hurt it again tonight, So I don't doubt that he re injured something that was already bothering him. And as they pointed out, I thought he played well. I'm seeing some conspiracy theorists saying like, oh, he was off, his accuracy was off even before this. The betters that are angry. I don't think that's true. I think he was excellent because I think the Ravens pass rush was winning almost every snap the first three drives, and yet they got a field goal, a missfield goal attempt, and a touchdown and that was mostly because of Burns quick thinking and brilliant So I think he was playing well, but the injury happened. I'm pretty sure on the second to last play that he was on the field for it was a completion to mix In where Clowney hit him to the ground after he let go of the ball, and it looked like he reinjured it on that one. And then on a touchdown pass you could see he was in a ton of pain after making that pass. He fought through it for one more play through the touchdown, and that was it. And you don't want to think that this is just their season. And I guess if he we're just back to where we were, where we won't know, maybe he's gonna play, maybe he won't be one hundred percent, and we're right back to that, and so maybe it's not totally over, but we're It's very frustrating that at best we're back to where we were when he was fighting through this other injury and we're just gonna be seeing how much it hampers him. And I don't know, I have a sinking feeling it's gonna be worse than that. Yeah, this has been It's interesting that last year's two teams going into.
Speaker 3: The playoffs that I think a lot of people or there are three obviously with the Chiefs, but the Bills and Bengals are We're seen as the big three with the Chiefs in the AFC, and we've documented Buffalo's struggles this season all week and now Cincinnati they don't. They have some excuses built in that Buffalo doesn't because of the quarterback injury situation.
Speaker 2: But there's no way around it.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a very disappointing team right now, and yeah, it's gonna take if if he's seriously injured, it's over. And you just hate that because I think there was another chapter to the Cincinnati season with Burrow putting the team on his back. But if he's not gonna be healthy, you know, there's no Josh Dobbs on this roster that you know, we saw some of Browning today that he didn't He didn't inspire much in the way of confidence. It's tough environment Browning to enter that game, and he did get a garbage time touchdown to Jamar Chase. This helps some fantasy people out there, but otherwise, tough situation. Oh thank you, Randy Chevez. Big funk Wow, Okay, I see I exactly as they went to break, Zeuser had already hit the fast forward button. It's showing his follow through and he's look it looks like he's an agony as.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when they try to throw on the sideline too, he looks so bad.
Speaker 2: And I'm with you.
Speaker 4: When you lose a great quarterback in Burrow's no question Top five, I've it hurts the league in general. I was growing increasingly dubious that this Bengals team had enough to make the super Bowl. It doesn't mean they wouldn't win a playoff game, doesn't mean they wouldn't be in the mix and in some great games and in some shootouts. But this defense, like Chadobi, a woozie who was a great player for them before he got hurt again last year, has not been the same. He was benched in this game and has given up a ton of big plays. That the defense is giving up just a ton of big plays week after week. And when I watched Burrow against a good pass rush, their pass protection stinks. It's like old times, And so that's a lot to overcome. Burrow would overcome a lot. They're running the ball pretty well, they can run block well like they It's not like they were berefed of talent, but they they seemed a little more problematic as a team around Burrow this season to me than they had been in the past. I think you showed I think you saw that tonight. I mean they gave up you know, thirty what did they give up thirty four points? I know Burrow's injury is like part of that that they couldn't hold onto the ball. Now, that took the wind out of the sales for that team. You could tell I don't want to make excuses. I hear you, but they were given that they give up. They gave up three big plays before that too, and two touchdowns. Browning was losing the game too when they came. I'm with you, like it's a bit of an excuse, but that's not the excuse for last week. My point is they played two big time offenses back to back weeks, big time quarterbacks, and they got fileted by both of them.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's see one other thing. The same player involved on the Mark Andrews tackle, who's the it was a linebacker for Cincinnati, was also the same linebacker that tackled Lamar near the sideline and sent him to the sidelines briefly with an ankle injury. But it was the Andrews tackle that's and Mike Garfolo's tweeting about it right now. The hip drop tack, which is when you kind of it's almost like you kind of saddle up on the guy and pull him down.
Speaker 2: That creates awkward angles.
Speaker 3: That's what happened on the Andrews play, John Harbaugh said, was it even necessary in that situation? So that has been a point of discussion that tackle with a competition committee. And now that a star player like Andrews is lost for the season in primetime, sometimes that pushes those type of things over the finish line. So keep an eye on that and when it comes time for the competition committee and the and the owners to vote on safety changes ahead of next season, anything else. Greg on this game, I am I'm furious. This is the first time I'm mad about a lock because not only did I feel good about the lock off, Greg, I was like one of those things you get to like root along with Joe Burrow in primetime in a huge division game. So to have that all kind of swiped away, it all, it all feels like a like an ugly Thursday night, and the Andrews injury just compounds that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you already heard that. You're double you're double banging him there, Javis, Well, I guess he just brought it.
Speaker 2: It's all right, you know that is Uh, the funk has that right because he's doing a great job for us, he absolutely is.
Speaker 4: And I I did not enjoy it was Logan Wilson. By the way, Logan Wilson, you know, the good, very good you know, Bengals linebacker who got picked him up by his britches. No, well, just you know, anytime Logan Wilson comes up for the rest of his career, I'm going to think of the holding call he had in the end zone that you know, potentially he's flipped the Super Bowl. And I was thinking about that night tonight, and I think about that with all these teams that get close that it it just in that you think about it with the Bills in that game against the Chiefs, It's just it's so hard to get back to that point. And I always thought that was kind of a bogus Logan Wilson call. It was a bad night for the refs, by the way. I mean, there was a lot going on in this game that the holding call on Beckham that negated a seventy yard z A Flowers touchdown was one of the worst calls of the season. And then there was about two or three PI calls against the Bengals, So it went both ways. Is that extended that Ravens touchdown drive at the end of the I.
Speaker 3: Mean the second one they put the game away essentially after Burrow was out. A total phantom call, right, and there's nothing we could say about it because we're not going to ever go back to instant replays. But that is, like, I mean, that's a whatever it was, twenty thirty yard penalty that that really sets up the knockout punch for the Ravens at the end of the half.
Speaker 4: I do want to give a little bit of credit, you know, even early in the scheme when Burrow was out there, like Kyle Hamilton is making play after play after play. He's he's been a pro bowler. He's turned into a big time player for them. And Brandon Stevens was opposite Chase all night and even early, Like I know, it's tough to evaluate. Once Browning came in, he was a little better than I expected, but still look like a backup. But they just have guys making plays a Dafeoway, they've been hoping to get a pass. Rush has had a sack and three straight games Clowney made bouque like they were winning early. I liked my lock going into the night too, because I really would pull believe that the Ravens are a step above the Bengals. We won't get to find out, and so I take no solace in it. But there are a lot of pieces here. I think now with the Bells and the Bengals kind of falling off, you really do see it opening up. As with them, they're eight and three now as the favorite, you know, behind Kansas City or with Kansas City, but they're kind of separating themselves a little bit.
Speaker 2: AFC is crazy. I really wish. I don't know if I havem on record here, so I will.
Speaker 3: I really wish Aaron Rodgers didn't tear as Achilles tendon on the fourth.
Speaker 2: Play of the season.
Speaker 3: By the way, hat trick for Logan Wilson. I was not aware of this funk. Thanks for the heads up. The Bengals linebacker also had the hard tackle on Odell Beckham late in the game that sent him to the sideline wincing in pain. So in one night, Logan Wilson injured Odell Beckham, Mark Andrews, and Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: That's I don't know, man, I don't know. How how do you sleep well at night? Logan?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like I know, the the Andrews tackle was a little dicey, but it's legal street legal, but that's kind of a destructive Thursday and a losing effort that the.
Speaker 4: The Lamar one was, you know, on the sideline. I don't know if it was a late hit, but it was on the sideline. Lamar Lamar had ice on his ankle, was heating it the rest of the game, but he did did play through it. He looked a little less nimble than he normally does, even though he still ran for was he.
Speaker 2: Even wearing cleats tonight? Like what was going on with him on the.
Speaker 4: He kept slipping and falling. So Toke and Mitchell a weird game.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it. It really liked it.
Speaker 4: The crowd was amazing, I thought, and it impacted the game early all those delay of games and the false start. They just seemed just felt like like it was the loudest crowd of the night. And then there was a next gen stats stat I wanted to point out to you, Dan.
Speaker 3: You're just like you were just like talking over my disappointment with the game by how great the crowd was.
Speaker 4: That's good, Oh, I like this was the most memorable crowd performance maybe of the season. There was one in Seattle. They were just so loud. It was crazy. You don't think they were so loud, and they were. They were really messing with the Bengals, including when Burrow was out there. They couldn't get a play on time. And then there's false start, there were delayed games, there were timeouts. I'm just saying they came out hot.
Speaker 3: It was a good crowd. Ravens, whatever you guys call yourselves, the flock, you definitely did bring it. Love that rivalry.
Speaker 4: Here's here's just a stat with no real connection to this game, but I found it amazing, and as the owner of the Kicker Club, I thought you would too. I didn't even know there was a field goals over expected stat. Did you know this?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't know there was. This is the real thing.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Tucker going into tonight had forty five point eight field goals over expected since he entered the league. That is double, nearly double any other kicker in the NFL since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Double.
Speaker 4: He's more dominant compared to his competition at his position than anyone maybe in any sport. You know, I get any position, it's nearly double. That's pretty it's pretty cood.
Speaker 2: I know he has the the record, and you know, the sixty six yard and everything.
Speaker 3: But the thing that I've always loved the most about Tucker is just how automatic he is at the part of the field where most kickers are basically coin flip like his his accuracy, you know, from forty eight to fifty two is just otherworldly. I know he has a weird it's a kind of a weird funky stat this year that he's one of five I believe on fifty yarders this year, But there's a couple of blocks in there. Like he's he's a joy to watch, and he hasn't really had his big moment yet this season. He's just chugging along, but it's coming. He's gonna win a couple of games for them.
Speaker 4: Before let's say, let's get him in a it could be his first chance to play in like an AFC championship type of moment we have. We haven't seeing that out of justin Tucker's correct.
Speaker 2: Well, your quarterback's going to need to step up in the crucible, my friend.
Speaker 4: I know we're often on the TV be and I know you gotta you gotta catch a bird. You're going to New York tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I got an early early flight, Yes, with my two sons.
Speaker 4: But I did find it notable Carissa Thompson. After that appearance, she had on on part in My Take where she admitted to sometimes making up interviews with coaches. I did find it interesting. She still broadcasts the game here with Amazon. I do wonder if the game had been one day later with all the reaction that that's happened. And I think a lot of it, you know, well said is kind of the whole thing. Was mystifying that that she would have said that, that she would have done that. I don't know if that would have been different. So it's just as someone, as you know, we watched this stuff closely. It's a it's an interesting sports media one to watch, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: And she's getting absolutely killed. So I'm not going to pile on.
Speaker 3: But I will say this because I as a somebody who grew up listening to Howard Stern. Sometimes you'll see a guest go on a show like that or in this case PFT and Big Cat the Barstool Podcast, and because they know that the type of what the audience is or what the vibe of the show is, they try to be extra a reverend or edgy or kind of try to present themselves in a light that makes them seem cool, and you end up just kind of sticking your foot in your mouth. And I think that's what happened with Thompson. Apparently she said she'd said something like that in the past, but that podcast has a huge audience, and she was asking for trouble and now.
Speaker 2: She's got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the lack of judgment to say it is. I'm not saying it's worse than doing it in the first place, but it's telling.
Speaker 2: Very fair.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, real quick, last word, Lamar Jackson talking about that's sore ankle.
Speaker 2: He has to be all right. He didn't miss a snap. But let's hear what Lamar had to say. But I'm good. We need to start talking about his ankle.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: You see I just walked up here. I'm good. We ain't gonna talk noney to his existence, you know, speaking one it to his sistors.
Speaker 4: I'm good. Lamar's been so happy this year. There really is a difference among him with this contract and everything. Like he it is press conferences. It's just been like he's loving life.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he kind of already talks like an eighty three year old grandfather.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what he's gonna sound like when he actually is old, but uh yeah, I think he should know. The reason people are asking is because like the last two years the Ravens had were seven and three also now they're eight and three, and he got hurt in their entire season, literally went up in flames. So obviously the beat reporters is gonna be a little keyed in on that, uh situation.
Speaker 2: But he looked good. He sounds optimistic that he won't miss any time anything else.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Let's go, buddy, all right.
Speaker 3: I will see you via the magic of the Internet on Sunday on the other side of the country. Until then, everybody, check out NFL Plus where we had our latest streamatorium episode, and check out the week eleventh preview with Nick Shook, and hopefully we'll all be back together.
Speaker 2: Mark Ceciler included on Sunday. Till then, he the call