Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master along with Tim Stenevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move. We're joined once again by Bloomberg News equities reporter Avalon Purnell. We got to talking Nvidia for a second day.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, yes, it definitely weighed on the broader market today, closing down about five point five percent. And that's actually the worst decline in ten months. So and that's despite having a pretty flawless fourth quarter report.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many times I heard on our air, radio, TV, across our platforms, great quarters. What if Robert Shipman says this historic quarter, he doesn't know if there was a better outlook in the history of Wall Street? Yeah, bam, that was it. And yet are you not entertained?
Speaker 3: You know what Morgan Stanley said too, They had Sally had a not doubt saying it despite this being the largest cleanest beaten rays and history of semiconductors, they still have this big investor question about how much longer can this go? How is what is durability going to want?
Speaker 1: I said, there was either a line and pretty Woman. You know, this is like you guys go to Anchorman, I go to pretty Woman. But I think it was like, maybe our standards are just too high, like you know, it does make you wonder, but nonetheless we noticed the it definitely pulled down the overall. I was going to go to Shakespeare. Heavy is the head that wears the crowd? You okay, but you know, okay hair flip. For those who are watching a listening on radio, let's go to Caesars Entertainment, which was kind of something that happened late in the day.
Speaker 3: Yes, Caesar's Entertainment ticker cz R jumped nineteen percent into the clothes. That's after The Financial Times reported that the casino company is actually potentially weighing takeover offers from a lot of different people, including Texas Gaming and hospitality billionaire Tillman for TITA, which for those who aren't familiar with him, he actually owns a Houston raw and it's actually the current US ambassador to Italy, who knew.
Speaker 1: I did not know that, but he's definitely a known player in that space. They've also said about maybe even an executive or management led by out but tbd. This is all from ft block.
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely something that we're all going to be mulling deep into the night. It jumped twenty three percent.
Speaker 1: Tim is not going to get any sleep tonight because of blog. Because a block you keep me up at night. Yeah, yeah, I'm freaking out. Yeah, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 3: Mizuho analysts were out with a note today right after they announced that they were planning to reduce their workforce by more than forty percent in a very big bet on AI and I think they're asking the same question that at least I have in the back of my head, which is does this workforce cut set a precedent for other areas of tech?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't have an answer.
Speaker 1: Yet, That is that is the question. I mean, this is like, yeah, precedented, yes, probably, but what if it doesn't work? I don't know. I don't know. Yeah, I guess, yeah, this will be a grand experiment perhaps, But I can't believe this is somebody who's tech savvy, right Jack Dorsey, Oh yeah, he has been an early adopter of technology right for his entire life. Can we make the assumption he's not going to do unless he thinks, okay, there's things in place. He also makes big bets.
Speaker 2: This stock Moover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.