Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your low glasses Malone.
Speaker 2: Women are sugar, all right, and they think that they think that they're something sweet that everybody wants that makes everything better. What they fail to realize in being sugar is that unless you just limit your exposure to them to limited amounts and infrequent occasions, it will kill you.
Speaker 1: M I like that because the belief, for sure is like women feel like like if you notice a man that got a lot of girls, or they mess with a lot of girls growing up.
Speaker 3: Right, they start losing their hairline. A girl told me that I never thought about that. Yeah, they explain.
Speaker 4: That to I thought there was money that did that.
Speaker 5: No, you need the money to manage the women.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I like that women are like sugar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's true.
Speaker 2: And like if you've got a girl in a side chick that's not double the sugar, that's diabetes and heart disease.
Speaker 6: He's not lying.
Speaker 1: It's not false because it looks like women don't always demand certain things, you know what I mean, it's just come with the territory and they and.
Speaker 2: They think everybody loves a cupcake with a bunch of frosting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you eat them all day, every day.
Speaker 4: That's a problem. Yeah, problem facts.
Speaker 5: But everyone loves a cupcake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do have to very much consuming moderations. Yeah, okay, so this sounds crazy. So we've been doing the stream and obviously we've been having Coach will on there. Right, King has been there, Yeah, Barb has been there.
Speaker 6: Bar is a remember Barb used to help us intern with no Feelings.
Speaker 3: Barb has kind of jumped on the stream obviously trapped and then only six John.
Speaker 1: So they come through for the stream and I was telling them. I was telling King and he didn't believe me. I'm like, no, Cilings has a rule. There's a rule with women. And what's the rule, Pete?
Speaker 5: Women live in the universe without consequences.
Speaker 1: No accountability to accountability, So you don't try to pass accountability to women and they get mad and people. You know, King thought I made that up. I'm like, bro me and Pete decided that four or five years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was like episode two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are not going to spend our time trying to hold women accountable.
Speaker 4: That would not.
Speaker 1: That's why we don't have podcasts bashing women. We only had podcasts giving women excellent advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean don't as bashing women to me is like especially for their lack of accountability or refusal to have a relationship with accountability. It's it's like tantamount to bashing outer space for being far away.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 6: They like that, or like bashing the summer for being hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're not gonna change it. It's certainly true, but why wear yourself out?
Speaker 1: What's crazy is I could see King playing a video game while we're doing the podcast.
Speaker 4: You said, I'm not on a video Yes you are. You said, nobody says this. We all see it.
Speaker 5: Well, just nobody nobody else.
Speaker 6: Well, now it's on Twitter, so the world sees.
Speaker 7: You see well, So even though we don't engage with the with the audience necessarily on no ceilings the podcast, I just thought it would be dope to to you know, people could hear this conversation.
Speaker 1: People can only hear this conversation, you know what I mean, And they can.
Speaker 6: They won't be able to see it anymore, but at least they can hear us have it live.
Speaker 3: Just sometimes I'll do something quirky, I mean, p ain't been on the stream, so I think people miss seeing Peece.
Speaker 2: I was gonna come in on the stream on Wednesday, and I got into a shit fucking contract Tuesday, and I had to write it out and like make a just death sentence exit at like three point fifty eight.
Speaker 5: It's the worst.
Speaker 1: It's all good. You figured out, you know. I mean, we'll get it together. We just need to really get everything right. Anyway, it's about time week. I said, I'm gonna need you to manage all of this paper man, because this is gonna be going down.
Speaker 4: So what's the what's the topic the subject you said you wrote down?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought about talking about why we established this rule? Oh okay, why we establish this rule?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: We only do the podcast once a week, right, it's on Tuesday. It's only an audio because Pete's not here, and I haven't figured out how to do it visually tight to our like we have something cool visually. I've been thinking about a couple of things. I'm telling you watching those sports shows and how they tell them.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about doing that so we can add this thing. It might work, Okay. I'm also going through a.
Speaker 1: Level of stress because everybody's about to start asking me for Kendrick tickets to this concert, which I really don't want to be bothered.
Speaker 4: With, Like I kind of want to go, but then I kind of don't want to go.
Speaker 3: It's funny too, because I was gonna ask you that question because I know it's funny as hell because I feel like people was hitting me up yesterday because it was in Tacoma. You know, It's like I got a lot of people hitting me up like a messenger, and shit, I just didn't even answer, you know.
Speaker 1: Like I don't manage that bro. Yes, he's my partner, but I don't manage him. I'm not I'm not trying to bug him while he's on tour, you know what I mean. I'm not trying to hit Like I talked to him a couple of times and that's it. Like I'm not trying to like, can't my nigga have his moment on his own?
Speaker 5: No, no one's allowed that.
Speaker 2: Let's not be that is Also that's like, that's like can a woman be accountable? Can you blow up and not get bothered? I mean ideally, but.
Speaker 5: Here we are on Earth.
Speaker 4: Those ceilings.
Speaker 1: Greatest podcast on Earth, even if you don't know it yet. My brother Peter boss last is left, got king in the house. So why can't we not hold women again? Okay, I'm gonna tell you what made.
Speaker 6: Me think of this conversation.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Megan the Stallion did.
Speaker 1: I really don't know, Like I've ran through every last thing in my mind, what this US could have did.
Speaker 5: What that's about how it should go.
Speaker 1: But but I'm saying right, it's like, Okay, let me think, has she done more questionable ship that like nobot held her accountable for that?
Speaker 4: That's not why.
Speaker 6: Let me get to it. So it's like Tory Lanes was charged with assault.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I think it's assault with a semi automatic pistol, being in possession.
Speaker 6: Of a pistol, and gross negligence.
Speaker 1: Because they found a gun in his car and his vehicle that he was traveling with these ladies. They found GSR on his hand, a re a very the amount that you lee with when you fire weapon. Okay, they didn't charge him with attempted murder. They didn't charge him with assault with a deli weapon. They charged him with these really simple charges that are easy to prove.
Speaker 2: Sure didn't I saw something briefly in passing on like the bullshit internet, which might be right, might not be right.
Speaker 5: I don't know that. Did another girl in the car claim that she shot the gun?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Okay it so that's really we're going to get there.
Speaker 4: I got you. So whatever Meghan did, people just hate her mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And Pete, I'd consider myself a thinking person. I'm a thinker. I really will take time to think. I will take time to read and research. I have no problem with it. Sure, every last thing I've tried to think about is because she's dark skinned. May Yeah, she's right, and I'm gonna tell you how I'm gona get to that, how I got to that.
Speaker 4: But don't like her.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that's why they probably don't like her. But what makes you think everybody don't.
Speaker 5: Darker than me or darker than you.
Speaker 4: Well or me.
Speaker 6: She's probably between me and you.
Speaker 4: Let me.
Speaker 6: Let me, let me get to the point. Let me get to the point.
Speaker 1: So because everybody is saying they're upset with her because she got this guy put in jail, even though the case is the case is really simple, and Stevie Wonder could see he was gonna be convicted of these charges. Funck the court of public criminal at least that's what they're saying. They're saying they're mad at her because she got this innocent man locked up her best friend.
Speaker 4: Her the best friend shot her.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'm like, even when you visit that, you're like, so, let me get this right. Tory goes to jail like he put out a message to Jason Lee. Jason Lee is like the host of Hollywood a lot, cool dude in the boxing, Why fuck with him? And Jason Lee says, oh, toy sent me a text and he's protecting black women.
Speaker 4: Then what are you doing now?
Speaker 1: If your goal is to keep Tory and Megan out of jail, then why are you trying to get them put in jail now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Which that don't make sense, but I entertained it for the thought.
Speaker 1: But they're all supposed to be mad because Megan, I've heard, you know, she's a slut, y'all, was just going to Amber Roses slut walk three four years ago. Then she told y'all, y'all motherfuckers is stupid for going there. Out don't know the only thing that I could come up with is she looks like a sister.
Speaker 6: She's dark.
Speaker 1: Yet Cassie, who is pretty much responsible for the same exact fucking thing.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, getting this dude put in prison for the rest of his life. Trump Puff could get life in prison because he dragged Cassie to the floor and kicked her in the ass.
Speaker 1: Like, no matter what we say about the video, I looked at the video again, the whole context.
Speaker 6: He dragged her to the floor and kicked her in the ass.
Speaker 4: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: But you shouldn't get life for dragging your old lad to the floor and kicking her in the ass, Right, But I noticed nobody's upset with Cassie at all. Even as shout out to Inner City Press on Twitter, y'all follow that person if you're listening to this podcast at Inner City Inner with two ends, I n n R City Press. He's doing transcripts of the whole case. And it's really great because I know a lot of us that that consume hip hop, right, all of us that consume hip hop, and I mean we do have our media outlets, and in the media outlets, even though they may not be hip hop, we follow them because they do cover hip hop. Sometimes they'll have one particular thing and that'll be like the thing for the next.
Speaker 6: Four hours were talking about.
Speaker 1: Right, But remember the case with Puff is only built right because Cassie files her civil suit. That's where the case came from. It's not anything before that. When she filed a civil suit right to make Puff pay her the money she wanted to not put out her book. That's how the fans got involved to start investigating. So she's just as responsible as.
Speaker 4: Megan would be. For Tori.
Speaker 1: Still, what's going on? We're doing a podcast right that you want to jump oncast?
Speaker 4: Still?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, we're gonna call you soon we finished the podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Still, I gotta hit you up. I gotta email back from that lady about the.
Speaker 6: He said he still, So that's why Puff is in jail.
Speaker 1: So when people asking is Cassie had fought, Yes, because she filed a civil lawsuit and it made the criminal justice system get involved and they thought they missed something and they started to investigate, their start witness is Cassie. So yes, that's why Puff is in jail because Cassie filed this civil suit to get this money. Now the charges are trumped up, but rest as sure that's why they're there, So she pretty much is responsible for the reason Puff.
Speaker 4: Is fighting us.
Speaker 1: But I don't see nobody talking shit to her, Like you see a couple people and to me, they're still judging the same thing. They're trying to judge her morality. Ah, she let some strangers sleep with her and nott on her, you know, and rub it on Puff, or she peede in the mouth or stuff that I don't even care about, Like I don't look.
Speaker 4: I think them people on drugs.
Speaker 1: And when you're on drugs, you come up, like most of these rappers, some of the stuff that y'all think is the shit ain't the shit, you know what I mean. But when you get on again, some of the rappers y'all listen to, they be on that dope, so they come up with all kinds of crazy shit. Well I would imagine if you're on that dope when you in some sex shit, you probably come up with some crast ship too, your fuck around be sleeping hitting your old lady.
Speaker 4: With a carrot.
Speaker 6: Is Tory lanes light skinned. Tory Lanez is Canadian, So.
Speaker 3: He's a brother, Okay, because you said the difference, and I'm just thinking, like I'm comparing Cassie. How come she's not a victim, but yet Cassie is a victim, like Meg got shot in her foot, but she's still not a victim.
Speaker 4: That seems like.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Cassie, no matter what, they her as a victim, but mag got shot in the motherfucking filled I was just asking, like, is he light skinned? And it's a dark light thing because he's light skinning. Megan's dark because Cassie's light And I don't think he is dark.
Speaker 5: Because I'm in the minority. I don't think Megan's dark.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, compared to Cassie, Megan is black. As you might be biased.
Speaker 2: I I'm just looking at pictures of the two of them next to each other, you know, like they have the collages of pictures.
Speaker 5: She's a slightly lighter, but I'll put them in the second.
Speaker 1: But she way darker compared to Cassie. Megan is darker, way darker.
Speaker 2: One thing I'll say about Cassie, the older she gets, the more money she gets, the lighter she gets her younger pictures versus her recent pictures, because there's more lighting thrust upon her. I'm just saying, with age, that's just what I'm looking at and as I'm just looking like.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about it, a lot of them dark skinning the girls and they did get oh, I get lighter.
Speaker 5: It's like the reverse Michael Jordan effect.
Speaker 1: Well, me and Peter talked about this before that women tend to do their makeup lighter.
Speaker 4: To show to make their face look lighter. Okay, so it's makeup they doing.
Speaker 1: The initial idea was to make them look like they're not out in the sun doing the work, even though that's changed today to some degree. Now it everybody's getting a tan, so they're vacationing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And when I.
Speaker 2: Would say with the black community, there's a certain premium on being exotically mixed with something which usually would indicate or result in you being slightly lighter. And like you see that, like girls claim that they're mixed with god knows what they're like, maybe possibly ambiguously one sixteenth Chinese and they say.
Speaker 5: They're blazing or whatever it might be them all the time, I said, every.
Speaker 1: Day, that's true. So the only thing I could come up with is that Cassie is lighter and Megan is black. I think if they both are response.
Speaker 5: And one you hear about. I think if you had a video.
Speaker 2: Where you could discernibly see the damage to that foot, people would be like Jesus Christ, like she's walking or whatever, like she stumbles out of the thing and she's like, you know, hemorrhaging blood out the foot.
Speaker 6: I'm not mad at that. So you may maybe if.
Speaker 2: You see a girl get popped, people get all funny. But you heard about it, It's like, eh, yeah.
Speaker 6: But if she would be missing toes and like she had a hole in.
Speaker 1: Her foot or something, you know, they would have charged way more. Somebody would have really got messed up toys in jail. Because so I'll be honest with you, bro, Like I am, I've been charged with a lot of crimes in California, definitely double digits at this point, I haven't had to fought double digit cases.
Speaker 6: Some of the cases kind of end up getting thrown out.
Speaker 1: But I've been in jail double digits times, fighting cases, double of litigation. No, no, no, I ain't gonna do all that because they gonna for sure day.
Speaker 3: The way they will try to pull shit up forty years ago.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but what I am is they charged him light. He went to jail because antagonizing the state of California. What you mean, That's why Tory Lanez is in jail.
Speaker 4: I was antagonizing them.
Speaker 1: He had his press saying that the state of California and Rock Nation was coming after him.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 6: And California is very much, you know, media savvy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the media and anti gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you talking about I was gonna get to that.
Speaker 1: If you're talking about California as a state, media, they don't play with their reputation.
Speaker 6: It ain't just it ain't just black La some gang banger ship.
Speaker 1: State of California, the city of Los Angelesten, the state of California does not play about their repute.
Speaker 2: Really, California is the fiftieth rated state out of fifty for business friendly climate from a legal standpoint. From a media standpoint, it is number one out of fifty.
Speaker 6: Say that again for him.
Speaker 2: For the cumulative economy, California is the fiftieth least business friendly state.
Speaker 6: So out of have it, the heart is here hardest.
Speaker 5: But if your media best first out of fifty.
Speaker 3: So California is like a gang banger they are, they will do some things to you over their reputation. They will do some things to you over.
Speaker 1: Their reputation, and Torri was fucking with the reputation. They say, oh, we're gonna make an example out of you.
Speaker 3: And then also discharging of firearming.
Speaker 1: You can get caught in California with a gun and you won't even go to jail. You can get a probation multiple times. They won't put you in prison. Oh you can have the gun. You know, we gonna that's not right, We're gonna get it.
Speaker 4: No, you shoot it. They don't care if you shot it in the air.
Speaker 6: You're going to prison, not jail.
Speaker 4: That that hard on shooting guns. You shoot a.
Speaker 1: Gun around this mother, you're going to prison. You discharge a gun, and city limits and all that, they not plan about that.
Speaker 2: I've never fired a gun in California, but I have in Arizona and Nevada just in the middle of nowhere. Just get just driving, just get out. Oh there's like a sand embankment.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna just put some.
Speaker 2: Up just just because I'm out here, not in California.
Speaker 4: You do that. So Tory fucked up there. Toy fucked up.
Speaker 1: Tory fucked up because he decided, like you know, he was gonna make a fool out of this state, in this city, and the charges was discharging the firearms.
Speaker 6: It's somebody got hurt.
Speaker 1: Now, Megan didn't get no bullet through her feet or nothing, you know, but the bullets you know it caused damn it, because why do you get hit.
Speaker 5: The foots only about an inch stick? Like what happened?
Speaker 4: He didn't, she didn't get hit. She called a she called a rigochet or the fragments and.
Speaker 5: Fragment or like a hollow tip fragment popper in the foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they wasn't in again. I watched the case and watched it from like how it was happening. They weren't trying to he started using it. He was trying to have his Tupac moment, like he keeps trying to have his Tupac moment. Stop antagonizing these people. Now, what the fuck is you're doing?
Speaker 4: Bro? You are black.
Speaker 2: If you want a Tupac moment, take your Tupac in there, take your time and come out and be pistol.
Speaker 4: He's not. He's Canadian. He don't know how this American works.
Speaker 5: Fucking that's a topic in the in and of itself to me.
Speaker 3: You know, and minus the American part. It's California with this.
Speaker 5: That's like.
Speaker 4: In New York.
Speaker 6: If you get caught with a gun, you're in the prison.
Speaker 4: Just the gun itself.
Speaker 1: If you woul discharge a gun, yeah you you you get multiple I know, it's like that in d C.
Speaker 4: D C's really fucked like that.
Speaker 1: California is very liberal on gun even though they got some of the worst gun laws.
Speaker 4: They're very pretty liberal. You see, they getting like years for each bulley and shit that's in the gun.
Speaker 2: All about laws, and it's crazy, not about law enforcement writing them down.
Speaker 5: They don't like enforcing them.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make some money. So Tory would have shut up. He probably would have got charged with all these charges.
Speaker 1: Tory would have probably did eighteen he'd have got eighteen months. He'd have been home in about three and deported and then he could have worked it out, spent his money and came back.
Speaker 4: So what do you do now? How much you getting? Now? Ten years?
Speaker 1: They gave him every bit of time, because you're fucking with these people who care about the reputation. These people care about that reputation. I mean, the lady is unimportant. They don't give a fuck about Megan.
Speaker 3: Oh you talking about us, and they start naming the DA, they start naming the d O. Who's fought You think Dad is Tory? Are his his people that market?
Speaker 6: So his public is my partner.
Speaker 4: I can't believe my Mady.
Speaker 3: Ain't this motherfucking crazy.
Speaker 1: She might be though Madi is a cold She's one of the best, but you gotta know you can see. And that's where it comes down to this real crippt because I for sut them, like Mady, the these motherfucking people alone. Don't fuck with California, fuck with Los Angeles. Let's work these deals in the back. Do not make these people look crazy. If you make these people look crazy, they're gonna make a fool out of you, like a cryp. Don't embarrass me, don't embarrass me. Don't do that. That's how California is in Los Angeles. Do not play with these people reputation. But the point I'm saying is they blame Megan for Toy go on jail, and then Toy just got stabbed.
Speaker 4: H this is another story.
Speaker 3: But again now they're blaming Megan, but Tory getting stabbed, and then Tory is disseminating information like yeah, I'm just protecting two black women.
Speaker 4: But if you protect the two systems, full shut up, walk the time off. Yeah, true, facts, facts, but I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Say that again.
Speaker 5: We live in the age of the coward and martyr.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wow, heavy Pete.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: I mean you see it all the time, like people want to go out, Oh I'm and while they're doing it, I'm so brave.
Speaker 5: I'm standing up to the system.
Speaker 2: And then the system shows you why you have to be brave to do that, and it's tears across America.
Speaker 6: Oh that's Kaepernick.
Speaker 5: That's Kaepernick.
Speaker 2: It's those white judges that smuggled the illegals around and then got arrested and claimed, Oh.
Speaker 5: Well, which one is it? Are you a rebel or are you a punk? You can't be. I mean you can be both. You just look like an idiot.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel what I look like complaining about laws as an outlaw. Yeah, I only get on people when i'm talking when I'm like, when I'm mad about r Kelly getting more than twelve years or thirteen years for the crimes, because that's what they called for. I'm telling the people me, I don't got nothing to say, so.
Speaker 4: Outlaw worry about rights. No, so whatever happen happens, life we live.
Speaker 3: If you're an outlaw, but you don't want the innocent people get caught up in this bullshit.
Speaker 4: I'm questioning the other people that's not like me. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You don't want those people.
Speaker 3: I'm not finna write a letter R. I didn't fuck with R Kelly before he went to jail. I'm not a fucking fan of R.
Speaker 4: Kelly, but R Kelly is really isn't an outlaw?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, I'm calling it everybody else out if the fuck what happened on I Kelly outside?
Speaker 4: He's a brother. But my question to everybody else is, how are y'all okay with this?
Speaker 1: Like puff, how are y'all okay with this this?
Speaker 4: This is supposed to be y'all calling card.
Speaker 3: He ain't killed nobody, he ain't rob nobody, he ain't did no outlass shit. No, he just party freakingly. And I don't even know if it is the word. I'm finnah, stop calling that shit a free.
Speaker 4: That niggas, but I just I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: He ain't did nothing that deserves twenty forty fifty years in prison life.
Speaker 6: Fuck that theyre trying to get Puff life.
Speaker 4: You know, Ell, he's not an outlaw like that.
Speaker 6: No, he not even a threat to society. Not like when Puff came in the room.
Speaker 2: They had to jump on all of this because he spent money on the company credit card. And they're saying because he used a company credit card that paid for drugs and also paid for security. Thereby it is that's basically it instead of personal credit card.
Speaker 5: Effectively, Yes, okay, this is what I think.
Speaker 4: It's brilliant lawyery.
Speaker 5: Whoever is brilliant lawyering for like a second year law.
Speaker 4: Student you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't give credit if they could turn Puffed Daddy and John Gotti how like you not much work that way now.
Speaker 4: But you said it's pretty It's really easy to do.
Speaker 5: That's easy to shop. Anybody can forum shop a ship judge in a ship district.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool to get in front of a court. To get in front of a judge, how do you convince them? How How is the public gassed up to think that they removing a threat from the streets.
Speaker 4: I don't think they are right now.
Speaker 3: I think I think that I think everybody's looking at him winning.
Speaker 1: Now you're getting from from the marketing standpoint, Yeah, because you make because now the other thing, there's two we're looking and there's two.
Speaker 5: Things happening in America in recent years.
Speaker 2: One coward martyrs and two everyone's a sexual predatory. Any anybody who's not fucking missionary their wife is some sort of weird predator freak.
Speaker 3: You're right, and you have a bunch of social media people trying to act like that that they're more That's what I was cousin tramp bout.
Speaker 2: Accept the women who sell pussy through the dms, because the all they do is professionally towerk in front of their cell phone.
Speaker 5: Oh god damn day. They're excluded. They're the victims.
Speaker 4: It is weird, man.
Speaker 1: So I guess that's my point. If you're so mad mad at Megan. So when I'm starting to believe Megan's publicist is nowhere as good as.
Speaker 4: It's Tories.
Speaker 1: And Hassis publicis, we're not even assets publishers. The federal government's publicist is unbelievable. But maybe Megan's publicist, you know, we're smarter like lead us alone. Let it go know, because they had her do some ship that I like, that was dumb, Like what what happened?
Speaker 4: She went and did Gail's show talked about it. Look in general, yeah, you just.
Speaker 2: View of saying, let's go to work for Kamala Harris's presidential campaign.
Speaker 5: This is this is not a chessboard operation.
Speaker 1: And that's why I know it's real because it ain't really too much marketing on that end.
Speaker 4: Mh.
Speaker 1: But again it also makes me think about storytelling, Like again, if this whole world is all about shaping stories. They have convinced the general public that Puff is John Gotti like that Puff was a threat to the health of society.
Speaker 3: But you think Puff tried to lead that life before all this like a mobster type, you know persona.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I always thought that I never got that I did my first start, you know, yeah, I never.
Speaker 1: Got Puff was like a mobster Like I saw Puff make like little things with albums like Puffing No Way Out they standing.
Speaker 4: But I don't think nobody.
Speaker 3: At twenty years ago when he first came out, that's the kind of persona I thought of him. But then as time went on, he just became something else.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 3: I never got tough and puffed together I got him trying to be tough twenty years ago when we first came into the industry where you know, like I said, try to be like the mob person, like the boss.
Speaker 4: Well he was the boss. He was the CEO of a label. Yeah, real quick.
Speaker 2: So is part of that due too, and is there any traction to it anyway?
Speaker 5: But like the like the rumor that.
Speaker 2: Puff was like shuffling back door money to the crips to try to get to poker some people to death, throw shot or try to stoke flames locally and the Compton Street politics scene, what however, you wanted to find you know, is it because it seemed like that came up again when what's his name? Uh, his trial happened. The other guy in the car forgot his name. Like I seen pieces that he was like sort of validating some of that ship. You know that I'm talking about the other guy in the car, not Orlando or yeah.
Speaker 5: That guy.
Speaker 1: No, none of these two things got none. But but I think I don't know, maybe it's the crippen I just never got put in tough together. Dud dude does the average everyday American looking puff as he's like because he makes rap songs like he's like on some tough shit.
Speaker 2: I think, do you think there's a difference between he's tough and he's.
Speaker 5: Because you could probably not.
Speaker 2: Be tough to have the money and the means to outsource toughness.
Speaker 4: I don't think I got that from Puff.
Speaker 1: Like, like, even when I used to listen to people talk about the whole Tupac thing, when they thought he had something to do with Tupac, everybody still thought he.
Speaker 4: Was a coward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if they told the story like, oh, yeah, he can pay for Tupac to get.
Speaker 5: Hurt, but if that's true, you can still be a coward of the checkbook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still don't think people would have saw him the people that catch John Gotti.
Speaker 6: People thought John Gotty was tough.
Speaker 1: People thought Whitey Bolgie was tough, Like most people who catch ricos. There's a genuine fear in the population about this person.
Speaker 5: Fair.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I never got Puff and tough.
Speaker 2: Puff is closer to like that big poly guy or whatever his name was, the tall dude that god he got the got he shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But but but but again, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Even say I'm saying on the spectrum. I'm not saying he's like that. That guy, just do.
Speaker 3: You think put people around him that had a tough persona. I mean I think he had security guard. Don't talk about even as artists, you think it's artist going about a tougher because bad Boy was the opposite of death rop so that I thought bad Boy wasn't a tough persona. No, it's a little baby, but de Road is a tough persona.
Speaker 4: It's death romates.
Speaker 3: Okay, so bad boys wouldn't be another term for like East Coast Wales saying no, you know, I mean big.
Speaker 5: Seem kind of you know, like.
Speaker 1: He was a gangster repper like people don't feel okay, general public can Like I heard, I'm working on the marketing and this is what got me in this conversation. Like I was working on the marketing for the song. Me and Trapp was talking, Me and Hommies was talking today, and I was thinking, like, oh, to reinforce a point, right, to reinforce a point, we need to use Instagram to its fullest potential. So if they have slides, maybe my thing makes this one point the content we made right, yes, one point content, then we can add other content pieces like videos that reinforce the point. Like I feel like we're not using these social media platforms to their fullest capabilities. And this time I am. I'm not finna, I'm not missing. We're not missing this time. We're gonna use all of this too. So, for example, if one of the captions is what has did the West Coast hurt or benefit hip?
Speaker 3: Hop?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm going to make sure I got multiple pieces of content and that same content that you could slide over to reinforce the point.
Speaker 4: So did it hurt or health? We're not eve gonna talk about that because that's the point.
Speaker 6: That's something for later.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, I'm saying, but instead of having that one piece of content that we created to generate that conversation, I'm going to reinforce it. So let me ask you this, how did you view growing up uh East Coast gangs? Because like I grew growing up thinking like the equivalent of West Coast gangs was like Biggie and them guys. The way they did their gangs, it was more like monster type, you know, workings with the you know, organizational and things like that versus the West Coast. So I always start them guys in their gangs try to model the monsters and stuff. Always when I was growing up, but now days are changed now this time and stuff.
Speaker 1: But you don't see the racism in that. Like when you said the mobsters, the monsters like they're not gangsters.
Speaker 4: Like people don't know.
Speaker 3: I said, that's the version of gangsters I see emulating white people.
Speaker 4: I guess that have to be that way. But because it.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't be anything different, it ain't like it ain't like it ain't like mafias and mobs are any different than gangs.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying there's different.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying they modeled that that attire or that ways as over here.
Speaker 4: To me, it is different. We don't so again me to take on names of old monsters.
Speaker 1: So if you ask me about Okay, so there's the real New York street games.
Speaker 6: Okay, they're the same. They don't look like mob moves.
Speaker 1: They just regular brothers from New York, the the hip hop guys from the eighties. That's how gangsters dress post run DMC. They didn't dress in suits and they wouldn't stand on the corner in hard bottoms and the doors and shit. That's not New York is just like LA. It's street guys. They got their own sections, they do their own thing. So that was just for visuals then, So what happened is this the way we decided to entertain with hip hop. Our entertainment is really based off of what was going on where we were from. But we also had the benefit of Hollywood to tell everybody this loose idea. Like we had Colors before in Wa came out. We had boys in the hood before Snoop Dogg came out. You know you could see, you know, you could see the Ice Tea was doing the rap for Colors, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So then when you see you say he was in Breaking, Yeah, Ice Team was in Breaking. Yeah you said in Breaking way back then, like damn so Ice Team was probably twenty five.
Speaker 3: But you said that was in LA. That happened, Breaking happened in Venice Beach. Yeah, it's at Venice Beach Breaking.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is so they look to entertain more with things that you were familiar with, at least the better people. Wu Tang was very much just New York. I mean, they wasn't the Smooth Brothers in New York. They was just the brothers in New York. This is how the brothers in the streets moved in Staten Island.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 1: But then when you got the Puff and Bigg and them, they did kind of model. They wanted the world to see them as gangsters and instead of just kind of projecting.
Speaker 3: Street New York. Okay, because mob and my mafia gree stills like the Streets.
Speaker 1: Peachtreet some reason always affiliate them with New York anyway, and they tried to warp.
Speaker 2: Time, you know, like when you see the surveillance footage of all like Italian mobsters outside the little their little meeting hangout spots, there are a bunch of fat asses.
Speaker 5: Wearing sweatsuits all damn day long.
Speaker 2: But you only see them on television going in and out of court wearing a suit. You wear suit to court, snoop board suits court. So they try to prop b ig up suit and a hat and the canle that should look like Bumpy Johnson from Yester generation, you know what I mean, like dressing up like it's nineteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Five, because that was the closest thing the general popp I think so from a marketing perspective and as a storyteller and not understanding more. They understood that's all they saw. Like jay Z did the same thing. Jay z early stuff is a lot of suits. And I said, because they kind of gave off that vibe back, he gave more interesting in the beginning.
Speaker 5: I mean, the name of the group on Bad Boy was Junior Mafia for christ.
Speaker 4: But it's all entertaining.
Speaker 1: But I don't think none of us took them s as Black America took them serious as mafia. Fact, all of us, even in the eighties and nineties knew that was some white people shit, you know. I mean, mafia, do not be fucking with no brothers. Ain't no brothers in no mafias. I mean except we talking about nine to nine or Main Street, the black ones, the one that's not quite what we're thinking.
Speaker 6: Ain't not the Gambino family like they was.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't believe they object. I think they wanted to project. And this is kind of what makes me upset when I had that conversation, Like if I'm listening to the Special less say the n w A ushered in the destruction hip hop. They said in w A or Wu Tang and it was like or Wu Tang for the children. That's a slogan. Wu Tang was as gangster as nw A on every level. They actually might have been worse. Wu Tang is the real deal. It was when you got knowledge from Wu Tang, you got knowledge from n w A. Express yourself is very much knowledge. Fuck the police is very much knowledge. But it's how they see the rapping. It's how they see the brand of it all. They understand their street. They don't understand our street. So you're asking them about it. So I think when back to the PuF point and comparing it what he wanted to project, they still wanted to project masculinity through toughness.
Speaker 4: But they knew the things.
Speaker 1: That we would remember when it came to New York was either the warriors or the mafia.
Speaker 4: You want to dress the warriors. You got the warriors in that's what you thought of New York Street.
Speaker 1: The only thing you saw if you lived on the West coast, What New York Street thing did you see?
Speaker 4: Besides you know what New York Street?
Speaker 1: Warriors desses on a little nice little vesses with the little talents, And I don't think we would have thought that was gangster.
Speaker 5: More malnursed group of street fighters in your life.
Speaker 4: The tight bell bottoms and stuff around, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. Imagine, imagine imagine Big when it came out with that. Imagine being when it came out dressed like silence from the Warriors.
Speaker 4: I don't know if oh oh dude.
Speaker 3: You might get away recreate that movie now, but imagine, but imagine that though people Warriors, Grandmaster make Warriors.
Speaker 4: Man, did you see Warriors? Pete? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's his name?
Speaker 4: The fuck.
Speaker 2: Look still look like that though, like one the weird guy like grand after Flasher who did the message.
Speaker 4: Oh Melly mail, Oh yeah, ye do look like the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he looked like the Warriors.
Speaker 4: To this day.
Speaker 1: You're imagine somebody in nineteen ninety three on the whole cruise like that that came out just like the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Right, Baseball Furies they've been dressed like that. They actually got a pencil like the Baseball Furies hip to see see. No, but that's just started. That's what they was the game. See they got a bad way picture wearing baseballs.
Speaker 3: Now, they probably based off the Warriors the baseball but imagine it came out.
Speaker 4: What was what was the main crew. Uh, what was it, Pete what main crew? The main crew that that that was trying to get back.
Speaker 5: They were called the warriors.
Speaker 4: That was water. So imagine like they came out just like that. That's funny.
Speaker 3: I never thought manly male looked like warriors looked like dress like that. Yeah, they all dressed cind of like that. That's I was a tribal thing, you know. I thought it was more tribal things. But remember now thinking about it.
Speaker 1: But remember the warriors come out seventy nine and the ship you know, I think it was tribal goes back to warriors.
Speaker 6: I gotta go when I go back to New York, double back on some of my three hommies and politics that.
Speaker 4: Questions, what is it about the native look? Why do we think this is a native look that you guys are winning? Yeah, because that's what I thought, like, damn, they're doing like a native thing. But then you said the warriors, Like, no, they was doing that. The warriors were in the feathers and head bands and each warriors of a native word.
Speaker 2: But but I think that's what they meant. They were warriors, like like Indian tribal warriors. So that's that's why they dressed that way. Different groups dressed like their entities throughout.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, I think that's more feasible thinking about it, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's really what it was, because they was going to They was all going to a power wow. That's what it is, a power wow where you know, all the tribes come together like a fest festival.
Speaker 6: They were all going to that that power wow.
Speaker 2: Let's say hypothetically, the Brims got their name because they wore brimmed hats, you know, versus other groups that didn't. They stood out. They you know, that was their theme. The warriors were gonna dress kind of like.
Speaker 5: You know, commands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see that, so so I think so to your point, I digress. That's what I think with Puff. I don't think people saw Puff and Wu Tang as the same type of threat. But I also think because New York was aware of the essence of their street ship. So somebody like cool Mod you know, shout out to the Legend and Pioneer and ed special ed shout out to the Pioneer, and they didn't understand the depth of what Nwa was talking about. We're speaking another language, like we all have loose interpretations on English, but they hear it as like kill kill death, Like I hear people do it all the time when they listen to drill music.
Speaker 4: They're like all them people just talking about I'm like, you can't hear more like I here.
Speaker 1: Why black people talking about surviving sitting in the middle of war, trying to be the solutions, the biggest trooper, trying to stand up get a rep I don't don't hear homicidal maniac.
Speaker 4: I don't hear we killing just for no reason.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think I always say this, but I don't think like the John Wayne Gacy of hip hop would actually do well. Like imagine a rapper coming out like I'm killing babies. I'm walking in the house and he racking the song I'm about to murder this two year old baby. Well, I'm sleeping with me and and I'm killing them. That wouldn't be a tight rap.
Speaker 4: Niggas would not be like you know what I mean, you know what, we kind of had some trying to make it work. I think like Hopson would do some crazy shit. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of the dopest niggas in the world is from Sacramento. Lynch, Yeah, that ship ain't working. That shit gonna stop right there. Lynch is fire.
Speaker 4: But you you know what I mean, you start, they stay on that once that one level, You're.
Speaker 1: Not finna get passed. You're not finna get passed. Brother's talking about killing just because it's Tuesday. We gotta at least see more.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I don't think how Technie skate that line.
Speaker 6: That's why he's at that line. But I don't think Tech nine is a horror core.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He kind of skates a line, but he's not, like, to me, like a horror rapper, but he's kind of like you would think he is.
Speaker 1: He actually dropped the most misjudged hip hop artist I've ever.
Speaker 3: He drops a lot of knowledge in what he's saying. Before I met him, I thought he was a Satan worshiper. I told him that he's real spiritual and ship say, if you listen to his music, really listen to it, but it don't seem that way the way he presents outside.
Speaker 4: Looking in brand, I was like, man, I remember, was like, man, glance, won't you hoo wone like you don't work. Was like, you think somebody, I'm like ship that's because.
Speaker 1: Look, but I was so ignorant, and forgive me, give me to every legend, you know what I mean, Like you know you are ignorant, and that's why I kind of that was the I threw away all my ignor after that, after that meeting Tech and realized how really spiritually grounded up, really how much God is in this movement. And then I saw it and I not just knew him, but saw it and I heard. I finally stopped hearing and started listening to what was happening. Seeing I was like, ah, I look like a jackass. So I think with Puff, I think we didn't. I think with Puff, we didn't ever consider him, you know, we didn't ever consider him.
Speaker 4: I didn't consider him tough for anything. Yeah. So the fact that the media, the.
Speaker 1: News, that the federal government was able to convince us that Puff was that type of threat that he was.
Speaker 4: See, it's one thing with John Gotti.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well just listen, there different types of threats people. If it should like there was a threat to like smash your head, to shoot.
Speaker 3: You, but that's even different though, I think, should I Yeah, I think it's actual criminals, you know, ship, but Puff ain't.
Speaker 5: And I don't think it's just a threat to your booty whole. I don't think it's a threat.
Speaker 4: Had justification on the street level to do what he was doing.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I get every body's perception. Sugar was whooping ass and got beat up sometimes shout out.
Speaker 5: To the trated. It's just a different degree of threat.
Speaker 4: But Puff fights.
Speaker 6: It's Drake and J Cole.
Speaker 4: I just I'm not fighting for.
Speaker 3: The gang member players that play for the rams, you know, like you know he you know, and fighting for business and stuff, and you don't know that, right, you don't know that the life the window it was over published if that happened.
Speaker 4: But like I said, it's justificaing his things is justified fighting J Cole and Great. I just don't think that that person is a threat to society.
Speaker 2: I think that the broader threat is if you don't sign favorable terms in the contract to Sugar, he's gonna dangle you over a balcony until you do, and if you if you don't, he's gonna dangle testicles in front of your face.
Speaker 4: And they've been doing that for years they've been doing that for the beginning, you know, presson. Motherfucker's designed.
Speaker 3: But even then, like I get the perception, it's not true, you know, you know the details, you know it's not true. Yeah, when I get the perception, yeah, big nigga all that. Yeah, Yeah, they're.
Speaker 4: Gonna take they jumping some dude. You know again, it's just slapping motherfuckers. This ship does that take now, don't get me wrong, him fighting this old lady is crappy. Yeah, but that's not that. Still, don't scare you. Like niggah like me around. You wanna catch you give a slap. The nigga can like make me you old lady. They convinced the world that they like now we go here with this John Gotti charge. You're right. He done punched her up and gave her three pieces and eight pieces. I've seen that shit go down, Like.
Speaker 5: What what You're right?
Speaker 4: That was like, girl, get back here, you tripping. I watched my mama said, I watched some niggas fight. They my mama, what they ask real squabble between men and women that I know a couple of women that really do it. Yeah, you gotta fight cousins like that.
Speaker 1: Listen, not trying to downgrade with puff did to this woman. He grabbed her by.
Speaker 3: Hood, snatched her back as she's trying to leave, and kicked her in the ass while she was crossed over.
Speaker 4: That's wrong.
Speaker 1: It should be a spousal abuse case. But the fact that that video has made to side turned him.
Speaker 3: They turned down Gotty, They turned down into kidnapping and all kind of ship.
Speaker 4: They kidnap you, No, but they try to do the scenario like that. How did that act?
Speaker 3: John Gotti authorized fifty murders on they know they got some of them on tape. I get how John Gotti is saw as John Gotty, Like that's a threat to society that you can get killed fucking with John Gotty.
Speaker 2: It's a philosophical question. Is it any different to kill a man than to kill a man's manhood?
Speaker 3: But yeah, but Gusson's got a point got me thinking about this. You know, Pete, actually, who who is they protected did he from? Like you said with God? Like God, you got that nigga shoot anybody in restaurants and you nobody's safe.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I say, you know, but when who are you are you protecting? That point? You're not protecting kids because there's no trimes against kids.
Speaker 5: This is New York or New York.
Speaker 4: Him and him and is he not even together? No more like who the fuck is you?
Speaker 5: Right, there's rhetoric and there's reality here.
Speaker 4: You put them in life to protect them, to protect people from what.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. There's this that's rhetoric first. Reality, This is all the rhetoric. The reality is what is this being tried? Eastern New York, New York. Yeah, the two most high profile.
Speaker 2: Criminal courts for aspiring ambitious prosecutors in the United States. They salivate for the opportunity to get someone high profile there. That's why that's where high profile people go to die. If you're over there like this. This is not about society. It's not about Puff, it's not about any of that ship. This is about some guy becoming a name brand within the Department of Justice so that in ten years he's in the front of Senate trying to get confirmed as the Attorney General the United States.
Speaker 1: Or does he go to try to start charging Puff ten million dollars to defending to get him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or he's gonna run for you know, senator New York or something like that because he's a high profile, tough on crime guy. Now everybody knows, Pete.
Speaker 1: I get that from their perspective. Every day I'm less mad at that job.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 6: How the fuck did they get the public to go for this?
Speaker 2: Because they have because there is still that innate and you see it. We've seen it in the last five years on full blast Front Street Parade.
Speaker 5: There is still enough.
Speaker 2: Inherent trust in what the government says where there's a big enough group of people to believe it. People believe the COVID shit, They believe a lot of the Trump accusations.
Speaker 5: Leave this shit. If an authority of that brand with the seal.
Speaker 2: On the top of the paperwork says it, there are enough people to believe it to make it work.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: But I hear what you're saying, Pete. But I go back to what you said during the lunch hour Glasses. You know, if people probably would have said something very very beginning when the investigation started, I've been saying, you know, that's saying I'm going back to what you said. You know at the beginning that it might not be the same results we see the.
Speaker 4: Way they should have got this. You know, people should have been protes okay goes out of line, Yes, but I couldn't believe that.
Speaker 3: Listen, but nobody said anything was passive and they just ran it through the channels.
Speaker 5: Because they have bound the morality of what you saw to the morality of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So now in the beginning, if you're gonna come out and say this shouldn't be a rico, you know you're facing down everybody looking at you like.
Speaker 5: You're a pro wife beater, you're your favor of domnastic. All the read this.
Speaker 1: Don't have nothing to do with rigo, don't have nothing to do with fight the old lady. But I see what I see what you say.
Speaker 3: You know, Pete don't have the government's market then playing No, he's right, people.
Speaker 6: Know that's all that.
Speaker 4: But but this is my point.
Speaker 6: It's like, oh, that's what I go through with R.
Speaker 4: Kelly. Yeah, that's the way it comes off of R. Kelly.
Speaker 6: With the easy matter.
Speaker 3: They just oh whatever, if you just if you consider morleyon just whatever anybody do to you is okay your.
Speaker 4: Side with them, you're morally unjust too.
Speaker 5: When you start to see like.
Speaker 2: A post on social media about something happening to like a child sex offender. All you see is this like crescendo of people trying to like take the moral high ground above the previous post.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they should kill all of them. They should cast right and kill all of them. They should cast right, kill and burn all of them. They should like it.
Speaker 2: Just it becomes feverishort people to take an opportunity to feel like they're the they're the greatest bastion of you know, morality circle punishment of somebody doing something bad.
Speaker 5: It's kind of similar.
Speaker 1: They're looking out for tuning into the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced about the Black Effect podcast network and now Heard Radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah