Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds? Dean Angler, Taylen Miller Key and Jared haven An.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Everyone? Welcome to special Thursday episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. This is Dan Bell, joined by Caitlyn Miller and Dan Bell and Gary Haven Oh.
Speaker 2: I said, Jared, it's a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Sometimes people call me Jerry, Hey, Jerry, how's it going? Like Jared Harry. They just heart Gary, Steve and Caitlin.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: So everyone always calls me Caitlin and I always say no tea. And so someone was like Taylan.
Speaker 1: Because he's maybe like you said no and you said seez you said, I said low t My fiance got it. Anyways, we got some emails for you, guys, I'm going to do We want to just read these. I'll read this first one email from Jade Andrews. She says hello from Australia.
Speaker 3: That was brutal.
Speaker 1: She says, hello mate. She says, listen to your podcast today where you spoke about doing a live podcast and how you'd be scared no one would go. Just wanted to let you know I'm a fan all the way from Australia and have been for a long time. I especially laughed the other week when Jared told Dean to stand naked in the mirror and see how stupid you feel. When he would ask about it, Dean, did you end up doing this?
Speaker 3: First of all? I, oh, that's what I did. Tell you to stand naked in front of the mirror, because it's just like, it's a very humbling experience for a man who has hair three quarters of the way up his legs and then nothing paleness and then just hair on the butocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you do it well?
Speaker 1: We talked about the butt hair the other week. Great episode. If you haven't listened to that one, go back and listen to it because it's a great episode. I shaved my nipple hair the other day. I remember actually when I was shirtless on the podcast, I was talking about how I had these nipple hair rings.
Speaker 3: They're gone, very clear.
Speaker 1: I saved them off.
Speaker 2: Wait do you see the tamline though.
Speaker 3: Let me see the tadline. I don't see the tadline.
Speaker 1: It was like three days into our Hawaii trip.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, I'm sick of this nipple hair. I'm getting rid of it, and so I shaved it off and I had these horribly white rings around my nipples because the hair didn't let let it get tanned. And so then I was dealing with this embarrassing nipple ring all week long. And now I'm still embarrassed by it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But no, it's nothing to be embarrassed by.
Speaker 1: It's pretty embarrassing. Yeah. So, anyways, to answer your question, Jade, by the way, I thank you so much for the email. I stand in front of the mirror naked often and I I've got a lot of thoughts that run through my head, and Jared is probably the last thought that I have. So I wasn't ever consciously standing in front of the mirror thinking about Jared. So I apologize. I can try to do that for you for next week, but I.
Speaker 3: Would really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, how often do you shave down there?
Speaker 3: Down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 3: Since being married? Yea, poor Ashley, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Twice a year.
Speaker 3: I dude, that's so funny that you said twice a year. That's exactly the number that was in my head. I was about to form the words in my mouth that said twice a year. And no, it's more than that.
Speaker 1: I could tell I was picking up on that vibe.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean probably yeah, I know four times a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say four times a year for me as well.
Speaker 3: Right, dude, it's like a jungle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe three times a year.
Speaker 3: As a female. Kalin like does that? You know?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you like like shave shave or you want little shave shave?
Speaker 1: I do nice. I do a nice landing strip.
Speaker 3: Shave shave shame shave like a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you're just taking electric rainer down there and it gets basically down to the skin. You know, you're not taking I'm not taking like a blade.
Speaker 3: No, don't take a blade.
Speaker 1: I've done that. I did that once in college and it was such a regrettable experience.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: I'm just curious, just wanted to see what it was like.
Speaker 3: And did you use shaving cream?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Probably you didn't, just like roughly no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've got pretty delicate hair, so I can like shave without shaving cream pretty easily. I don't, you know, I don't have like a manly Baanlely hair follicle. It's it's just kind of like a mainly hair follicle, only one manly. So, yeah, I use an electric razor or. No, I used a straight razor when I was in college, and it was like it like sweat weirdly and so I would like have sweat pooling down there. And so you know, hair kind of helps regulate the the sweat and the and the body moisture and stuff it does.
Speaker 3: And yeah, of course I feel like I'm sweatier when i'm fuller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're warmer. I guess that makes sense. But I'm pretty sure hair helps you like whisk whisk sweat away, whisp I don't.
Speaker 2: I've never heard this whisp.
Speaker 1: Away, whisk it away. It's like sweat. I think it wicks. It's sweat wicking. Hair is like wet wiki Anyways. Yeah, so that's that's my story, and that's the next email.
Speaker 2: This email is from Emily. I would love it if everyone could answer this about this signific their significant other. What is one thing that your significant other does that pushes, slash challenges you. What is one thing that your significant other does that you feel kind of holds you back second part of the question, if there is one thing you would like your partner to work on right now, what would it be? You certain intense?
Speaker 3: Those are pretty intense. I wonder I'm assuming that Emily is talking about a positive thing that they do that pushes or challenges you, not a negative.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like there's one thing that's positive that she does that pushes you, and then one thing that your partner holds you back from doing.
Speaker 3: Well, your partner's right there. So you guys talk first.
Speaker 1: I got about this, so you get in the fight. Now, let's do it.
Speaker 2: You just pushed me and challenged me in terms of like, uh, okay, So what Diane is really good at is never saying he's he can't do anything, like he just he does everything and he excels at everything, which is annoying. And you kind of encourage me to do the same, to like not say no and try like try to do something, you know, like something out of my comfort zone and and you're really good at doing that. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 1: That makes sense? Holds me back to the negative one? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have I have a question for you that can lead you, uh to a direction and Dean don't be mad at this in case, in case, this is a point of contention. Do you think, especially in the world that we are all in, this influencer brand podcast, the Bachelor world that we were very lucky to be part of. Do you think that Dean doesn't hold you back financially, but like there's times where you're like, I really wish, like Dean, let's just go for it and like do this and then we'll be better off because of it. Yeah, maybe I could see that that would be the one thing I think.
Speaker 2: I think that is maybe just the one thing potentially.
Speaker 1: Well, I would like an example.
Speaker 2: I don't have one. I'm saying, potentially, let's spark the fire. Disagreeing with anything, Jared, No, no, no, but like you know you good place. Don't love to do the like influencery things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: That's true and those never have you ever turned like has there ever been a point where Dean is like, I'm not doing this?
Speaker 1: A lot of things such a weird balance between like wanting to make as much money as we can while we can and not wanting to be a sellout. You know, it's a delicate balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you're like more, We're not even like selling out, nor are you. It's just like you just don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, there are certain things that I would definitely say yes to, and then there are like what what's the last one I've said no to? I'm just curious because I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like.
Speaker 3: For me and Ashley, like a lot of the pro you know, we just said no, but it's only because of things that we really just like we can't partner up with this. We don't want to. It's not for us like we don't it's just you know, so that we don't want to do. But honestly, everything that we do, we're very lucky. You know. Like I just posted about like we just worked with Dove, and I think it's like I use Dove every day of my life. Yeah, you know, I'm a Dove guy. Or like these Joe blasters, there's so much fun, and I like, I just so, yeah, there's lucky.
Speaker 1: There's the good ones obviously, I think. So I'll give you an example, Kaylen. So whenever Kaylen and I travel somewhere, if Kaylen wants to stay in a hotel. She'll reach out to the hotel and the hotel like for a free stay in exchange for social exposure or whatever. And she's always like, will you post for the hotel if I can get us a free room? And every time I say no, I won't do that. I will never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've started to just say I'm traveling by myself because it's going to be the same ask and I know Dean's not gonna post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate asking. I hate posting for free school.
Speaker 3: Why if the hotel is like looking for exposure, you guys out there have to say, have a big platform, and and we love photography.
Speaker 1: Like if there's if there's like let's say we're going to like for instance, we were just in Hawaii, we got a free hotel because I'm posting for them. Or if we go to Italy, we'll do all. I'd be happy to do that. But like if we're going to Aspen or something, especially if I had my van with me, I'm in my head, I'm like, no, why would I Why would I work to get a free stay at a hotel when I've got my van and I've spent so much time building out here.
Speaker 3: So that's like, because you'd just rather stay in the van, It's not about the free hotel room, it's about the van.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the van was made for the purpose of traveling more freely and more easily and more inexpensively. And why would I put more work into doing something else to stay out of the van when I've worked hard to make the van comfortable for myself To say, it.
Speaker 3: Really just comes down to whether your fiance wants to sleep in the van. Yeah, hotel room she should.
Speaker 2: She should be, not in twenty degree, whether it was a.
Speaker 1: Freaking heater in there, it was warm, it was like a sauna in there. I'll answer this question now, so buckle up. What is one thing that my significant other does that pushes and challenges me? I think Caylen pushes and challenges me to be more future focused. You know. Ever since a young boy, I've always thought that I was going to be dead by twenty two, and then dead by twenty six, and then dead by thirty. And now that I've been with Kayleen, it's like, I mean, I'm probably not going to be dead anytime soon, and I have to come to grips with that. And it's not the worst thing in the world. So you challenged me to be more forward thinking and more aware of setting myself up for the future. I guess Kalen's a very hard worker, so she challenges me to work harder. Doesn't really work all the time, but she's got a great work ethic, and I admire that about her. So I think that's how she challenges me positively. And how does she hold me back? Well, this one's an easy one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, here comes the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, Actually, let me open the notes of the night. And I was actually written this down the other day. No, Kaylen, Kaylen. It's funny actually because it's kind of a contradict. So I just said, Kaylen is really good at saying yes to things before they happen. So like if I'm like, hey, let's wake up at sunrise and go do this tomorrow, She's like, yeah, that sounds really fun. And then my alarm goes off at like four thirty in the morning and I roll over and I'm like, hey, it's time to get up. We're going out and doing this thing, and she's like, go without me. I'm not going on that thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, I wake up like a sweet angel, don't you dig?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wake up at like a sweet angel or like a seven but four thirty. But I'm forcing you how to bed. No go without me. I'm not going. And then I get discouraged because I'm like, well, I really want to do this, but I want you to be excited to do it. And now that you're not excited to do it, now I don't know if I really want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I woke up to Dean pinching me at six am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because for a great example, yesterday I went to the dump. I had a bunch of stuff to dump, so I left the house at six am and I woke up and the night before Caleen was like, oh, I'll definitely go with you. I don't want you to have to go alone. No, no, no. And then I wake up at six am and I'm like, Kaitlen, are you coming with me? Like you don't have to, and she's.
Speaker 2: Like what, No, Because waking up to an alarm clock, or waking up to a BackRub or like you know something, but waking up to pinch they were cute pinches.
Speaker 1: They were not cute, very cute, delicate pinches. They were very cute, like like, hey, wake up, sweetie. They were not I wasn't like twisting your skin. I was simply just like giving you a little little little snips disagree with Oh my gosh. And so, needless to say, I went to the dump by myself yesterday. That's a great example than you around.
Speaker 2: Welcome. Okay, well that's a Jared answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I had a couple more to go, but that's fine, Jared, what do you got?
Speaker 3: What does so Ashley, as similar to what Dean was saying, actually pushes me to think more about the future and really strive to go after things that I want. Because so, Caitlyn, you said something that also resonated with me in terms of Ashley. And then now what I want to pass on to Dawson, where Dean's challenges you to really believe that you can accomplish more things than you think you can, and I think that's a great quality and Ashley definitely instills that in me. But you know, Ashley is a definite believer in the power of the power of belief, like, hey, I'm going to I believe that I can do this and I will do it. And so that actually ironically I was thinking about that, you know, last night of the night before with Dawson, because I was looking at Dawson. Of course, it's just a fatherly moment. He looks adorable, and I was like, I want him to believe that he can accomplish anything, and so that's something that I really want to try to vocalize to him, and I think Ashley does a great job of pushing me to do that as well. One thing that she holds me back on, I gotta be honest, I'm trying to think of something that I would say the only thing that she certainly doesn't hold me back on. But I kind of am gonna blend the what does she hold you back on? And one thing that you'd like your partner to work on. I would love for her to be more active in my uh like not personal life, because actually is so great in my personal.
Speaker 4: Life, but like really like whether it be golf or softball, like coming to more of my softball games or encouraging me to like, hey, let's let's go play tennis, or I wish she was a little bit more athletic because like the sports side of me, in terms of playing sports, not watching sports.
Speaker 3: She'll watch football with me. But playing sports or like being with friends and playing catch like that is just not Ashley's m O or vibe. And so I always feel bad because if we do a cookout or if you know, if I want to play sports in a sports league, like that is like my time and not Ashley's time. And I wish it was blended more together where it was like because I always tell her, like, I want you to come to my softball games. She's like, why, Like I don't like going. I'm you're playing, I'm there sitting by myself for two hours taking care of Dawson. I'm like yeah, but of course, like I'll go over and we have friends and like it's more of a community thing. She's like, well, I'm not really friends with your friends, Like I don't want to go and just hang out by myself. I'm like, yeah, but the only way you're gonna be come friends with my friends is that you come. And like I get it because it's like you're taking care of Dawson, but and I'm playing softball, and but like I want you to be a part of it. And so that's probably the one thing.
Speaker 1: Softball is a tough sport. To watch. I could I mean, I could see why Ashley would be hesitant again fast like baseball is hard enough and then here you are watching softball a bunch of like over the hill forty year old.
Speaker 3: It's drinking and just dude, it's like guys that.
Speaker 1: From your perspective though, so much fun to play, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's also like it's just it's it's definitely not Ashley's vibe either, because it's like there because so we play Sunday afternoons and there's a Sunday morning. Man, and I'm not joking. There are guys that show up at seven thirty in the morning, start drinking, play soft I'm talking about a lot of guys and they are there till seven o'clock at night. They stayed the entire day. There is cornhole, they have TVs and they are just shrunk, and it's like every Sunday. I'm like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Wait, have you guys tried pickleball together? I feel like that's a good couple's like ease into sports games.
Speaker 3: We haven't tried pick a ball. That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: It's really fun and it's like a social you can drink if you want to. It's not too much like running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has no desire to come on the golf course with me. She has no desire of really playing sports with me, and she really has no desire to come watch me play sports. So it's like I'm kind of up Shit's creek right now with that. So I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate that. And I think because we tried tennis one time and that was just a disaster. Because we tried tennis a couple of times and she I love my wife more than anything, but she is the most uncoordinated, unathletic woman I think I've ever met my entire life. Like, she has no hand eye coordination, and so playing tennis it's not fun at all. Well because she's terrible, and I don't have fun because I'm literally just like I think, Yeah, you go. So pickle ball is interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we like to play together. Yeah, it's pretty fun. It's like a good couple's game. Yeah, and you could like go with another couple and do doubles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: All right, let's read this last email. We have about a minute left. Well, rapid fire this one. This one is from our famous email or Anonymous also known as Nick viall, who's just crushing the game right now, So it's very nice of him to take time out of his day.
Speaker 1: So much for this rapid fire.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, do you think there's such thing as a quote honeymoon phase lasting too long? I feel like this is such an odd thing to complain about. But my husband and I literally have not had one giant argument yet. We did get married fast, got engaged after eight months of meeting, and then married married five months later. We have now been married for two months, so we have only known each other fifteen months. Yeah, no, wonder you guys haven't fun yet? Yeah for a couple of years. Yeah, you're gonna one person's gonna be doing dishes, the only one's gonna be watching watching TV. And there's gonna be a blowout. And that's okay because sometimes married couples you spend too much time together because you're married, and sometimes you're gonna fight. That's totally fine.
Speaker 1: This person didn't even get out of their honeymoon phase before getting engaged, didn't even get out of that honeymoon phase before getting married, and now they're still in the marriage honeymoon phase. So, yeah, you're still in your honeymoon.
Speaker 3: Phase and fine, enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Yeah, just understand that when the bad times come, it's it's not all gonna be honeymoon phase. And when the bad times come, that's when you have to actually put work in and decide for yourself if you want to be in this relationship, and if you do, which I imagine you do, you have to work towards making that work. Anyways, nice, thank you so much. I'm really good at this. I host the podcast. It's called Help We Stick at Being Thelliweds. Thank you guys so much for listening to this week's episode. If you haven't yet, go back and listen to the full length episode from Sunday. We talk a lot about a lot of great things. Yeah, thank you. I was doing really good. I thought somebody things, but you guys, you guys, thank you so much for listening to this podcast. I really appreciate it. Jared, I love you so much. I hope that you guys can hire some new employees here pretty quickly. Yeah, and yeah, I don't know what else to say. Best of luck with everything.
Speaker 3: We'll probably be doing more podcasts from Audrey's office again. That'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that will be very fun for all.
Speaker 3: I'll make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're gonna close down the restaurant, you know you need to at least have one revenue stream, So keep the podcast for as long as you can.
Speaker 3: Podcast coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, thank you so much for listening. Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at being Newlyweds.
Speaker 2: And email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next time.