Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan listener Q and a what's up Everybody? Happy weekend listener Q and A time Abby is with me? Make sure you go check out Part one. We talked about the boyfriend. You guys have lots of questions about that, but that was already planned to talk about in part one. So we talked all about our boyfriend and we got some weekend updates and things that are happening and things we recently learned that it's all fun for now. Starting with some shout outs. Kaylee from Virginia, I'm your age and miss the what do blank your olds care about? Segment where I used to do what twenty three year olds care about? Twenty four? Oh my gosh, I think we stopped carring with thirty year olds care about. I got old after thirty.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, all uphill from here, down hill whatever you're bille hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're both my favorites. Things were always being real, even when it's tough. So I don't know who that was from now I deleted my le thing really makes me angry, I think, he said, Kaylee. Kaylee was the first one. Oh, she was the twenty of the segment. Oh gotcha, kinda okay, we're getting into some questions, Abby, What is your dream punishment for Lunchbox? Not when the show is used? Oh my god, Chris in Massachusetts. That's such a kind of question.
Speaker 3: My dream punishment would be that he can't talk on the show for a week.
Speaker 2: Oh, or like when he comes in, No, when he gets to work, like he's not able to speak.
Speaker 1: That would be really good.
Speaker 3: Except he can play games. He can play games.
Speaker 1: Why are you being nice to him? He went from like not at all, not even when he walks in the door. Oh, he can play games.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's really funny, though, I don't think he give you it.
Speaker 2: And then every time he does say a word, it has to go another week or another day because I feel like he can't just like not talk.
Speaker 3: He always has some comment to make.
Speaker 1: It's so true. I mean, even when we're on breaks and stuff, he comes in and he tries to crack jokes or saying like really.
Speaker 2: Like you know, when he's coming in his entrance, he's always like happy New Year.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what are you saying?
Speaker 1: Sometime and he gets mad at you if you don't like, uh, what's the right word. If you don't like go along with it.
Speaker 3: Like play into it, yeah, or like what'd you do last night? At midnight, I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like working, be like happy New Year, and I just won't say anything. I'll be working. I'm like I don't have any thing to respond to, and he'll be like, oh, okay, because it was a bad day. I'm like, I'm literally working and you'd come in saying Happy New Year. If you came in and say like good morning and be like hello, good morning, you say happy new Year? Yes, what am I supposed to say? Okay, you say every morning every morning joke.
Speaker 3: But Scuba does go along with it every time, like he's like, yeah, I'm pretty hung over today. I'm like, oh my gosh, you guys they do it every time, every day.
Speaker 1: And I think maybe you're just not carrying on the joke. You don't care anymore. So that's why all of us don't respond. Everybody else doesn't respond because a Scuba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really think that would be a good punishment. It would kill him to not talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, not long. Have that in your back pocket, and I'm like, mmm, I like that just in case how do you feel chasing your singing dreams? So proud of her Shilah in California.
Speaker 3: How do I feel chasing them?
Speaker 2: It's it's fun, It's I don't know, it's hard. I feel like Nashville. It's it's getting in my head again. It's like when I first moved here.
Speaker 1: Are you having an imposter syndrome?
Speaker 2: I am, yeah, very much so, especially like with the show and everything. And then I take like Lunchbox's opinion to her and it's annoying, and then I listen to comments. But I'm trying to do it for me and it's fun. But I'm slow and steady wins the race.
Speaker 3: Like I'm just doing one song at a time.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to like pressure myself to put out this like huge album thing. I'm just doing it like for me, and I want to come up with like memorable songs and like ones that are important and personal to me, not just put out a song.
Speaker 3: So but I think it's going well.
Speaker 2: I'm learning a lot, Like I'm just learning a lot about how everything works. Because this last song was like my first one that like it's crazy, how did it like I sent them? Just like the demo, you know, like it was basically just acoustic guitar of one of my co writers, like singing along, and they had a full band coming studio. I was on like zoom, like I could hear it. I wasn't in studio, but it was in Nashville, and they just like play after listening to just that little demo, and then they just like play and they're like, Okay, I'm gonna add electric guitar here, and then they do it again. They're like okay, we'll add drums and it is just like the most insane thing I've ever seen. And they did that in less than forty five minutes, made the song out of nothing wild.
Speaker 1: It was video that next time.
Speaker 2: I know, I wish I could that was like the coolest thing. I wish I could have been there, But I guess he does it. They they're in a different studio and so they just like patch me and so I can hear and then they're like, ahbe do you have any changes you want? And it's crazy. So next time I'm'll be like can I record this or can you record it?
Speaker 3: Because this is wild. I didn't know that's how they did it.
Speaker 1: That's such a cool experience. Also, just so you know, it's normal for you to have multiple different emotions as you're trying and pursuing a dream of yours. It's very normal so for you to not be like, oh my gosh, this is the most exciting thing ever. I cannot that makes sense, Like, I know, you're chasing something that's brand new and foreign to you in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm basically just like releasing it just I mean a lot of it's for me too, Like personally, it's not like I'm trying to be Carrie Underwood or whatever. Like I'm just putting it out there and hopefully someone like can relate to the songs. I feel like a lot of people can relate to ex boyfriend material, like because I can, and a lot of my friends, most of my friends in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that and Hay their hometown. I think both of them are wonderful songs, like so far You've done awesome, Abby, I give yourself a little pat on the back for both of those so far.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And I love like the positive feedback. That's what makes it worth it too. When people are like, oh my gosh, I can relate or it helped me do this. I'm like, Okay, that's why we do this, that's why you do things like that's why you.
Speaker 1: Chasted those dreams. Yeah, try and let go the imposters in room. I'm proud of you too.
Speaker 3: Well. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Will you be performing your new song soon? Rebecca and New York.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything in the works. Okay, I don't live, but hope too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be fun, all right. I like it, is there money coming in from the new song yet? Congrats lives in Oklahoma?
Speaker 3: No, there is not.
Speaker 2: I think it takes a long time because like even with and honestly, I didn't even really check. Actually I did get a check from B and my it was like less than a hundred.
Speaker 1: Bucks or hey, their hometown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after a year okay, so like you don't make them very much, but.
Speaker 1: So like one penny a day.
Speaker 3: That's really sad. Hey, I could calculate it maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the perspective of this is that before you didn't even make a penny a day for any song that you had, so exactly you have to start somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does take a while and then you like distribute it out to your songwriters. Also because they get part of it too, so but.
Speaker 1: You had to distribute the under one hundred dollars to your other.
Speaker 2: Not for that one. There's like a different one for streaming. I guess that one's like downloads or radio plays. I honestly don't even know how it works. See that's what I'm still learning. I'm out here just like so confused, and I'm like, I didn't even like plan on making money off of it, honestly.
Speaker 1: You're just putting it out to put out music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that's I don't really know. But like sometime I'll actually dig into it because I do want to know. But it's very confusing, like all the numbers you have to like sign when you turn in your song, you have to put in all these numbers like percentages, and I'm like, I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I hope I'm doing this right.
Speaker 1: You're like, Okay, well we're just gonna try for this and hope it works out.
Speaker 3: Just submit it there.
Speaker 1: It goes the life of an independent artist exactly. Yeah. Very different. Are you and Eddie Coole after the whole guitar incident for your gig, Tim.
Speaker 2: We are cool, Like we talked about it, and it never really was a thing it. I think it was a lot more dramatic like on air because we had talked about it before all of that came out, and he was like, Aby, I really don't care one way or the other, like I don't care.
Speaker 3: Like he was with us. He wants to be with his family.
Speaker 2: And I was like, are you sure, Like you're not going to be offended if I go a different direction. He's like, no, I really it's up to you, like it's your gig, gets up to you. So that whole thing was awkward for me on air, But I think we're good, Like we're definitely good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it's him asking the hard questions over here, Mike.
Speaker 3: Actually that was awkward for a long time on air.
Speaker 1: We're in the breathing area now we are. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back. We did talk about this in a little bit more detail on part one. But Ashley in Massachusetts wants to know if you think you're man aka she said, is the one.
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Which is weird, Like, yeah, it's very crazy to think about because I'm always been like I talk myself out of things, but this time. I actually don't want to, Like, I don't see red flags, which with the other guys are just like nonso walking red flags like ex boy for material.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. Do you see beige flags?
Speaker 2: No, I there's like where they're there are quirks where you're like, I can live with that. I really don't even see those, which is weird, which could be a red flags.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know when your love things are different, you just never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, but I just don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been long enough at this point where I would start.
Speaker 1: Like seeing experiencing some of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Have you guys been together now?
Speaker 3: We met in October, so.
Speaker 1: Almost a year. Yeah, you guys can have big year celebrations.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't even know. I don't probably probably because that's a big deal to me.
Speaker 1: Hey, if it's a big deal to you, it should be a big deal to him.
Speaker 2: Well, I just feel like it's a big deal to like celebrate finding somebody good because, as you know.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 1: That is true. That is true, It's important to celebrate the good loves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Most memorable date with cheesehead Kelly Fril, Florida.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, most memorable one. I mean probably, shoot, that's hard priorly my birthday, and I know I already talked about it in the other part, but that one just was way different because we got to dress up, and usually they're just way more casual, you know, we just like go watch a game or something.
Speaker 1: What was your guys's first day? Have you ever shared that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Our first day? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So it was in like an area it's called twelve South, and it was supposed to be at like a restaurant on Friday night, and we went in there. We didn't make a reservation. I don't think they took reservations. Actually I know now they did on open table, but we didn't check that. We were just like, okay, it'll probably be open. So we went and I remember him standing there and he was just kind of looking like it was the first time I saw him, and he was looking like, oh, shoot, this isn't good. Like I think he felt bad that they weren't accepting anybody else for dinner. And I was like, there were so many empty tables, but they were like, no, we're not accepting yourself, Like that's weird. So we just went to a pizza place next door and just had I was like, I'm just gonna have one beer. That's when I was like, no, this is just gonna be an hour. I'm gonna have one beer and I'm gonna leave. And then it ended up being like five hours because remember I made.
Speaker 3: That rule for myself to like not give away too much.
Speaker 2: But I was like, why why do that when I'm having a good time. I don't know, our schedules are crazy, why not just like continue to get to know them.
Speaker 1: So that was now here you guys are.
Speaker 2: I think that also could be like my most memorable one because like it was just so it didn't go as planned, and then we bounced from that place to another bar and it was just when things aren't planned, maybe that's like the best.
Speaker 1: The flow is better and more easy going. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just like really fun. I didn't want to leave, but then I left. But also after that, so this is like the awkward moment when they're like do you let him walk you to.
Speaker 3: Your car or not?
Speaker 2: And I like, I don't know. On first dates, I just kind of closed up. I don't want to kiss on the first day. I've just kind of always been that way. I just want to like pick it slow, okay, And that makes give like any impression that I want to hook up.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've just always been that way. And so he was like, can I walk you to your car? And I was like that's okay, and I did a side hug. I literally just did a side hug, and I'm like, well, good to meet you. And he was like, I don't even I didn't even know if you wanted to see me again. I was like, I made this is five hours, but I guess that would make it very confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I give me some mixed signals there, you know, just definite mixing friend interesting because side hug's for sure friend territory.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, my body language on that one. I was just like, well, nice to meet you, side hug.
Speaker 1: Bye, just five hours with you, but I don't know if I like you.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I do that.
Speaker 1: I close up.
Speaker 3: It's just the awkward car moment.
Speaker 1: No, you know what you made it though, like you guys have been dating, so it works out for you. Sometimes the awkward parts of them are the moments like for sure, okay, do you think you'll move out of Tennessee one day. Would you go back home Emily in Texas? I think.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love Nashville a lot. I don't know if Kansas, I just feel like there's not enough there. But I do want to be closer to family. So that's something I struggle with every day. It really is like I don't know where it's where life is gonna take you take me or us or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. That's like that's TVD right now.
Speaker 1: Very very fair answer. Okay. And this last one is I think a few people have this question. Is it awkward? It's it's okay, it's directed at me? Is it awkward when Dustin Lynch comes in studio Stephanie and Saint Louis Uh? No? I mean it was fine. I just like I just acted like it was any guy had ever gone on a date with or had an interaction with before that didn't turn out well, it was just like, okay, here we are.
Speaker 3: Did you avoid eye contact?
Speaker 1: I mean no, I was taking pictures of him. Yes, I couldn't. I had to straight up look at him. Yeah, did he I don't think he made eye contact with me though.
Speaker 3: Was it obvious? Like if if he had been in before.
Speaker 2: Does he say hi to everybody like you Eddie lunchbox or he just kind of walks in.
Speaker 1: He kind of walks in like says hi to everybody. But there's some people that come in and hug all of us or like say hi to each of us individually. He's never done that anyway, So it was kind of the same. I mean, maybe a little bit awkward in the very first moment when he walked in and I was like, oh, I haven't seen you in a year and last time it was a little awkward, but you still got that bracelet kid. But after that, like Initial'll be like okay, And then I was like, whatever it is. What it is, Like, what am I going to do is sit there and be like, oh my gosh, I'm so uncomfortable. Don't let him in here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, So, did you want Bobby to bring it up to address it or you're glad he didn't it all?
Speaker 1: No, I think I'm glad he didn't. I mean, because what are we well in.
Speaker 2: The I guess lunchbox more lunch box bringing it up in like a weird way to make you.
Speaker 1: Feel you know, I mean, you could have and I would have been, fine, Yeah, I'm glad you didn't because there isn't anything to bring up at this point, you know what I mean, Like I am glad like they didn't be like, oh she's single again. I would I would have. I would have punched somebody be like guys like, I would have been, let's not do that. No, I'm I think I'm glad that we just you know, move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think yeah. People are very curious to that interaction, what that was like. And I couldn't see.
Speaker 2: I saw the back of your head, so I didn't know what was happening. I wonder if you like looked her or if it even was awkward.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean I acted the same way in there as I typically do with any artist that comes in there. I take the photos of them, I go back to working after I get my photos, and that's what it is. And I'll say higher by like if they addressed me kind of thing. But I just yeah, I in the same way. But yeah, maybe in that very first initial when he came in, I was like, oh, that feels weird, and then I was like, okay, it's gone. I kind of just like let it pass, you know what I mean. Yeah, so that's the answer.
Speaker 3: Now I'm getting like cringe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: No, I thought it was a good interview and he didn't act weird, so that's cool.
Speaker 1: No, that's fine. I don't have anything to say. But maybe that's the awkward part right where I'm just like, I'm so indifferent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it wasn't a big deal. Yeah, like it.
Speaker 1: I think that people expect me to have like a reaction is more of the thing that's awkward, where I'm like, Okay, you want me to be angry. You want me to be like why do you like? Yeah, what am I going to do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I really should be awkward.
Speaker 1: No, it was all good. Okay, we're all done. We're wrapping this party up. I love it once again. Tell them where they can find you here you all that good.
Speaker 2: Stuff on Instagram. I'm at Abby Lee Anderson l E I G H and my new song Oh, I was gonna say, hey their hometown exploit for materials out now, go get it, listen to it, love it, go download stream all the things. Yes, and I am at what Grim Morgan on Everything You can listen to my new podcast Take This personally.
Speaker 1: Friendship Coach was on. I had a good friend of mine on talking friendships, making friends, how to be a good friend, all that good stuff. So that's all for us. We're gonna he's out of here before I get any more awkward questions. Okay, bye everybody. Nie that's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby
Speaker 2: Bob Show and follow at Webgirl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.