Speaker 1: Hey everyone, It's Jay Sheddy and I'm thrilled to announce my podcast tour. For the first time ever, you can experience on purpose in person. Join me in a city near you for meaningful, insightful conversations with surprise guests. It could be a celebrity, top wellness expert, or a CEO or business leader. We'll dive into experiences designed to experience growth, spark learning, and build real connections. I can't wait to meet you. There are a limited number of VIP experiences for a private Q and a intimate meditation and a meet and greet with photos.
Speaker 2: Tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 1: Head to Jaysheddy dop me Forward Slash Tour and get yours today. Don't want to go back to the first time you ever met.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for one of the grespects you Awena, we're watching did here.
Speaker 4: When you're a pop star like she is, in your huge entity and people set up all these walls before and then the first second you like disarmed everybody.
Speaker 2: By the way, Congratulations on your engagement.
Speaker 1: When you first were meeting and recording together, there was a sense of you we protecting yourself. What gave you confidence to hope or not.
Speaker 3: What I feel for Benny. It was everything about him was honest. He'll tell me anything that he's feeling, and it made me feel like I could do the same.
Speaker 4: If we would have met each other when we were younger, it would have never worked. We've both grown as individuals and met at the perfect time, and I believe life.
Speaker 2: Is like that.
Speaker 3: When Benny looks at me, I don't think he sees anything but who I am, and that's very rare to find. But when you do, know, it feels right.
Speaker 1: You talk about being best friend so much? Was it scary thinking what are we going to lose if this gets romantic?
Speaker 4: The Number one health and Wellness podcast, shed Ja Sheddy one only.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: You know, I love you both. I know we love being such a fun like coming together when this when you guys called me and said you wanted to do this, I was just like, how special is it that we first met now seven years ago, and then because of you, I got to meet this amazing man and I feel like we've kicked off of romance and yeah, and because of you, I just feel like we've been spending so much time together, and so I'm so grateful to you both for trusting me and over the years and the fact that you've been on, you've been on and now we get both of you.
Speaker 3: It's like, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's so special.
Speaker 3: It's a very safe, cozy place.
Speaker 1: Benny and Selena, welcome back to on Purpose for the first time together. I am so grateful to you both. It's been a joy getting to know you both over the last few years, and I am so happy for you both. Thank you. This is just so beautiful and special. And because of you, Selena, I got to know Benny so much more. And Benny and I've been hanging out, we've been meditating, we've been.
Speaker 3: I love that makes you really happy.
Speaker 1: But it's thanks to you. It's thanks to you for bringing us together. And I was just saying, as a man, it's so hard to make male friendships as you get OLDA I.
Speaker 3: Really is that.
Speaker 4: So it's just like when you're an adult, it's like I have my people, and it's like, well, I have to let a new person in. Like you barely have time for your people that you have, so you're like wait, in order to get a new person, I have to like move another person down the list to slot a new person in whoa, because because there's not you know, you start to get to an age. It's like Larry David always says this. He says, I have friends that I'm not even friends with. I've just been friends with them for so long. I can't let them go because they're already built in. It's like a therapist. They already know everything you can't teach a new person.
Speaker 1: He disagrees.
Speaker 3: That's not necessarily that I disagree. I guess I just always thought that guys have this immediate like what's up, and then they're just like in a flow. So I just, I don't know, I found that interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like you get guarded as you get older a little bit. Sometimes I wish I weren't as wise, because when I'm not wise at all. But I'm saying it's like when you listen to something like, for me, for music, I listened to things when I was like eighteen, and I was like, oh my god, I didn't know any of the rules. I wasn't thinking of anything. It all comes so easily because you're not confined to like this box that you've put yourself in over the years and then by the end you're like, oh, you know, I'm thirty six, almost thirty seven.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I can't do that.
Speaker 4: And it's like there is some sort of freedom to being really young too.
Speaker 1: There definitely is. There, definitely is. But I was saying that watching both your love story, and I know you were saying silly in two seconds ago, You're like, this is such a safe and cozy space to come to. I'm hoping that today we get to know your love story on a deeper level and we get to access really what's in your hearts and minds, because I think there's so many interviews and so many things that kind of will touch on the surface level of stuff, but I hope we can go deeper. So what I want to start with is I want to actually rewind, and I want to rewind to a place where we don't retell the story, but we get to relive your story with you. And I think there's a difference because when we tell a story, it's like, this is what happened, but when we relive it, it's almost like going back to who we were when that happens. So I want to go back to the first time you ever met, and I want to hear about it.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny thing is is we actually it was so long ago that we don't.
Speaker 4: Remind we know that her mother put us in a meeting together.
Speaker 2: When how old were you six? So she was sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't realize it was that.
Speaker 4: And I'm like four or five years older than you. So I was probably twenty twenty one. And her mom was trying together into music. And her mom is amazing the way she goes from room to room on the show, Yeah, gets things to happen, and you know, and somehow she got us a meeting together, and we don't remember that. And you know, after we had done songs together, there was one time where it was probably two thousand and sixteen or seventeen or something. I remember when you were in a studio like Interscope, Susan, and I remember I came in. She doesn't remember it, but I remember I came in and I had this talk with you, and I remember being like whoa, wow, Like she is really like a complex person, like in a good way, and I was like, wow, she's she's she's so deep. And we had this conversation where I really I was just really left by being like, oh, she's deep. And then we went and thought nothing more of it. And then when we did our song together, I remember leaving not feeling roman antic at all. I just remember leaving and I was talking, you know, because when you're a pop star like she is, and you're a huge entity and and and you've done so many things in your life before, like people set up all these walls before, so it's like you get like, like before I came in, they were like, well, you know, this thing's like this, and this is like this, and like she might not want to do that, and like stuff, and they speak for people so much. And then I remember we were so me and the director were so nervous, and then the first second you like disarmed everybody. And I remember walking back and Jake was like, he's like the guy who directing with me.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's gonna be so easy.
Speaker 4: What they made it seem like she was this is gonna be this crazy thing, and the warmth I felt from her in that moment, I remember leaving being like.
Speaker 2: Lastly, it's such a cool girl, she remembers.
Speaker 3: I remember the video part, but it was interesting because yes, I don't have a very good but uh, I just remember the video shoot. I didn't see anything romantic or really felt that. But I had a really good time. And that was probably the first time after years of doing music together and not together, that was the first time I really got to hang out with him and it was fun. I had a good time, and that was that. And then how it kind of continued was I was always cautious because I always wanted to make sure that I did protect myself, so to be honest, I didn't talk to him very often.
Speaker 2: I thought she hated it.
Speaker 3: Really really, I knew that was going.
Speaker 2: I really did.
Speaker 4: I thought she didn't like. I would see her and I'd be like, does she not like me? Like, and like we weren't thinking about anything. I was like, wow, she really like didn't talk to me. And I was like I thought it was being nice, and like my friends would be like no, no, And then like there was another time I remember and my friends were like, oh, yes, it's kind of weird, and I was so far and there was like a few times and and I didn't know and I was just like, you know, I was like, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I thought I was being like polite by not.
Speaker 2: She didn't really engage.
Speaker 3: Basically, we I was working on some music and we we went through some of the demos that we had in single soon came up, which is ironic because it was actually nowhere near where I was in my personal life. But Benny happened to do the song.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't even do this song.
Speaker 4: It was like one of my guys, yes, and I like came to help out because I was like, oh, I want their song to I was like, I don't like the way this proctor. Let me just at least help them, I said. I was like, well, I'm not sure if it'll be okay because I don't know if Selina likes me or something. And then John Jannick, the you know, the president of Interscope, He was like, well, why don't you just go into the session. She usually doesn't have people in, but just go in and like if there is some something that you feel is weird, like try to just smooth it over and talk to her and get in. And I said, okay, I'm going to go smooth it over. So I went in. It was so funny. Right before I came, her engineer told me like later that she was like, oh, Benny's coming, and.
Speaker 3: She was like, and here's her reasoning. I'm going to defend myself. I get very nervous around the producers watching me, saying, of course, it's just a very intimate thing for me. I feel like I need to sound a certain way or do whatever to make them happy. And when I get to record it just me and my engineer and maybe someone I trust, I get more out of the experience. So I just was thinking, Okay, well, maybe he'll stay for ten minutes and we'll just talk for a second. And ten minutes turned into like thirty. Then he went to the other room and I finished recording, and he stayed there and then yeah, this is too long.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here. So from my perspective, here's what happened. I get in there and I'm like, I gotta smooth this.
Speaker 2: I love yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't have this with anyone, Like I was like, I want us to be chill. And obviously ninety nine percent of it was in my head. And I come in. We just start talking about life, and her A and R is there, one of my friends is there. We're just we're talking about life, and we start talking about dating, and I was like, yeah, you know, I went out on this date blah blah blah. And then I was talking to her and I said, oh my god, I have so many good single guy friends. I was like, we have dinners at the house all the time. You should come over sometime. And I wasn't even thinking about anything, and We're like talking about like our ideal date and like this and that. I wanted to make sure she did the line right, so I was like, oh, I'll stay there to like make sure it's good after and then so I did. We left, and then yeah, I didn't have her cell phone number because she changed her number a bunch, so like I like asked someone, I said, hey, give me your cel phone number. I want to say like you know thing and I wrote. I was like, oh my god, you were And during that I when I was with her.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I was like, not only she's like really cool, I was like I want I was like I want to be like I was like, I want her to be like in our friend group, and what couldn't even be thinking. I was like, I want her to be in our friend group, and I want to make sure this thing smoothed out, so the song figures out, goes well and everything. So I said, let me just text her thank you or whatever. And I was like, you know, you were so sweet or something something like that, and then she writes back, I guess we just were texting throughout the day and she she told me she looked back at our message. She said, somehow you started sending like selfies where you looked really bad on perfect, like the worst one.
Speaker 3: Yes, which by the way, no girls should really or anyone in their mind right mind to someone they would have a crush on.
Speaker 1: Do that.
Speaker 3: But we were talking about ugly photos, like because I always say I take the worst photos sometimes and he's like, oh, you said something, and I sent him the worst pictures of me, like since like in bed sick and then you know, me at weird photo shoot. Said now, looking back on it, I'm I'm just thinking that's these are so weird. I don't know why or not yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you did, okay, so that's I had no idea. So I had no idea, and somehow we decide so wait.
Speaker 1: Why did you do that? If you liked Benny, why would you send him?
Speaker 3: Well, because I didn't know that it was going to be like maybe I thought it was just going to be flirting and not really anything else, but I really started to to just, I don't know, fall for us.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know any of this now. And then we decide we're like we're I forget how it happens. We're like, yeah, let's hang out. And I was like, oh, my friend's having a birthday party tomorrow. I was like, you just just come along, and I was like just thinking friend stuff. And then so she comes to mine, and I guess she thought the party was going to be at my house, but I was like, oh, in my head, I was like, oh, she'll just come over and we can just like grab a drink first and then go there, like like, not thinking anything of it. I was like, we'll just like grab a drink at my friend's wine bar, it's on the.
Speaker 2: Way, and then we'll go there.
Speaker 4: You were there and we were sitting together and she said something like, well, you know, because it's a date, I wore blah blah, and I was like I.
Speaker 3: Was like no, I said, if this was a date, I definitely would have dressed like a nicer and he just kind of looked at me and I thought we were on a date.
Speaker 2: And I was like, we're on a date.
Speaker 4: And then and then we went and then we didn't really talk about it.
Speaker 2: Who thought it was She thought it was She thought it.
Speaker 4: Was a date.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, A nice man takes me out for a drink crevistare mag it's a date.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, but no one had lost each other out yet.
Speaker 4: No, it was like, let's just hang out, like and then we go to my friends, we go to this Thai restaurant, we go to jit Lada and we're like hanging now and there's a bunch of people there and then she all of a sudden like leaves, and she was like, I got to go to I have a video.
Speaker 2: Shoot really early in the morning.
Speaker 4: And I was like okay, and I was like, but I wasn't like because it wasn't a date to me or anything. So I was like, okay, cool, and I stayed with my friends and stuff. And then she texts me after and I remember you being like, that was like one of the most fun times I've had in a really long time, Selina.
Speaker 1: So you technically asked Benny out on the first official day she did. She did like us through it woke us through that confidence that that energy began.
Speaker 3: Wasn't in any confidence. That's the scary part. I think that's when I recognized that I had some sort of feelings for him. Walking to his house or into his home to go to his friend's thing, I was very nervous, and I'm not normally like that unless it's like an event or something where it could be overwhelming. Oh with anyone I talked to. I'm able to talk to people, and I feel like I'm good at it. But I just felt like all these feelings. And then when we went out, I was laughing and I didn't feel like you wanted anything or there was weird motives. It's it's sad that you know people have to think that way, but I don't know. I felt this immediate safety, and I was very pleased that I don't know, we were friends, and then I came.
Speaker 4: The next time we hung out, it was it was we just hung out at home and we just like we're chilling, and we were playing that game We're not really strangers Great, And my friend made that game and we were just playing it and we both played it, and I was like, Okay, sure, we can play it. And we played it and there was like a card that said, like take a selfie together, and we like took us out.
Speaker 2: She like screwed up.
Speaker 4: We took a selfie and then right after the selfie we just kissed and then know that's it and she's very private and then and then basically the rest was history. And we started hanging out so much, and it just like very quickly, I was like, oh my god, my whole life.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, this is.
Speaker 4: This is my person, Like I'm going to marry this person. This is oh, this is the thing, this is what it feels like. It was so different than any of those feelings, and I was like, holy shit, I just I met my best friend. This is my best friend. Nothing gets any better than this. It can't get better. There's no this is my This is like better than any friend I have that's a guy and I get to kiss them like it was like it was insane to me.
Speaker 2: So I was like I can't let this go.
Speaker 4: I got And it was so funny because before I met her, I with my therapist, I had made a list saying like these are all the things I want.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you want to know it. Okay.
Speaker 4: So before I met her, you know, I was a guy and in La trying to find the one for me, and I was having some trouble and I and and and I think I was like maybe not looking in all the right places. And I was like, okay, it's time to be a grown up. Like I want to like start a life. I want to have a family. I want to find a person that like is my other half, that makes me feel better and I make them feel better, and it's it's a give and take. It's the perfect yin and yang. So I wrote down the list and the first thing on my list was age appropriate. Okay, so that was and it was thirty plus okay, so that was number one on my list. Yes, not number one, but it was the first thing I wrote. And then the second thing I wrote was I said, I know these are so simple, but it's so hard to come by somebody who's kind, compassionate and caring. I was like, that's really three in one, but that was my But I was like, I need someone who's like nice, and is it like a genuine nice person?
Speaker 1: You said something really important. The reason I'm bringing it up is because I feel a lot of women, but a lot of people feel this way. And you said when you first were meeting and recording together, there was a sense of you were protecting yourself. Yes, And I think that's a very human thing, and I think it's a very normal thing, especially in this day and age, especially in your position. To add to it, what was it that you know at one point you said, I'm going to adopt at thirty five if I don't find someone like you had your whole life mapped out when you met Benny. But then and you said you were protecting yourself, but then you start to open up. Could you walk us through what gave you confidence to open up? But what that feels like when you're trying to protect yourself, because I think that's the push and pull that everyone's going through.
Speaker 3: Well, I think, first of all, making plans and trying to stick to them is silly because you don't know what's going to happen. And I can't believe that I get to marry my best friend. So but yes, I think for me, I was genuinely set, But it was once I let go of me just saying I want someone and I wish I had this, and I wish I had that. Instead, I changed my mind to I'm so lucky that I get to wake up and my family is healthy, and I love spending time with my friends, and you know what if it doesn't happen, I know that I've always wanted to be a mom, and you know, so of course I kind of planned that out. I think it was because when Benny looks at me, I don't think he he sees anything but who I am, and that's very rare to find. He knows when I'm feeling a certain way and kind of before I can even let it get to a place where it's unbearable, he has already talked to me through a spiral protecting myself on multiple reasons, you know, doing you know, doing music, working with someone that's kind of you know, like, oh, I don't know if I should do that, but I genuinely just watch it just happened. I think when you know, and oh, that's so cheesy to say, but when you do know, it feels right. And I think that that's what happened to me, and I just felt very comfortable with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Denny, how do you feel that you almost sabotaged your relationship by nearly introducing Selena to your friends. How does that feel like when you're like, hey, wait a minute, come and meet my friends. There might be some nice guys for you.
Speaker 2: To me, I feel like it all happens for a reason.
Speaker 4: I feel like maybe me doing that is what disarmed her enough to like, you know, it's we talked about this before, like if we would have met each.
Speaker 2: Other when we were younger, it would have never worked.
Speaker 4: It's like we've both grown as individuals and met at the perfect time.
Speaker 2: And I believe life is like that.
Speaker 4: And sometimes it doesn't make sense, and sometimes it's not the right reasons, and we're like, why is this happening? But I always believe that I you know, I don't know. I believe in fate. I believe in all that, and I believe, you know, if you're good to people karmically, it's going to come back to you ten times over. Maybe you might get in that moment someone's going to do you really dirty, but over a long period of time, I think things are going to go your way.
Speaker 1: Was it scary because you you talk about being best friends so much? Was it scary thinking what are we going to lose if this gets romantic as friends.
Speaker 2: Nor happened right away. This was all one day.
Speaker 4: That was one day, Like everything really happened within and then look there was once we knew that we liked each other, there's that part where, like, you know, we're both extremely busy people. So it's like it takes a second to where you fully prioritize, you know, because it's like at first you date someone, you say, okay, i'll see you this time once a week, and then it's like, okay.
Speaker 2: This person's getting cool. We'll go twice and it's like, wait, don't leave my house. I miss you. Like it all happens so quickly.
Speaker 1: One thing that you both did was you had a long distance relationship for a while, Like you were in different states and managing that you both have crazy work schedules, and I was thinking, in your positions, it can get very easy to be like all that person's never available, they canceled again, like or they've got a million things they're running away. I mean, you were just about to say you both are starting to travel together right now for work as well, But how did you manage that? Because I think a lot of our viewers are like, do long distance relationships work, and do two busy people relationships work? How would you both say you've managed both of those parts.
Speaker 3: Biggest thing in the world is trust. I can say with all my heart that I trust this person. So for me, knowing that I have a twelve to fourteen hour day on set, I won't get to talk to on a very second, which I don't need, but I know just hearing from him one time check in with me and say I love you and I hope the day is going well. I just feel safe and I've never felt that before. And if you feel like you're in a situation that doesn't feel like you're a unit, that makes it scarier and then that causes friction than it causes trust issues. So for me, I would have to say communication and trust helps, but it doesn't always work. It's hard.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 4: At the beginning, there were a few almost almost sabotages she didn't like. She was like, that's fair. At the very beginning, in like her first few trips away, she was still gaining that trust. So there was there were moments of sincere doo, no, yeah, yeah, we all have that's no, we all have moments in our life because like we're only made up.
Speaker 2: I tell everyone this.
Speaker 4: It's like when you when you start dating someone, you're not only dating them, you're dating every single person they've ever dated, every single relationship they've ever had in their past, every because you're getting every piece of baggage that that person's carried in that what they've learned through their own personal life, through the life with partners, with their parents, with this, that, And I had to find a way to build that trust with her, not make it feel overbearing, and make it feel real and make her actually believe it and vice versa, Like I know that she fully tried. If I say, hey, I'm just going to do this today, there's nowhere in her mind that's thinking that. And if for any chance that she I always told her, I said, it's okay.
Speaker 2: If you have.
Speaker 4: Moments of doubt in something and a feeling, always talk to me and I'll talk you through anything that you may have. You know, if you say, hey, I know this is a crazy thing. I just had a dream and I woke up from this dream and I was upset. Sometimes she'll just say like, please tell me I can trust you, or please tell me you're not doing anything stupid and I say, you can call me anytime you want. And I'm aware of her strengths and I'm aware of her weaknesses, and what I try to do is surround her with a lot of things to help her. So if she's away and I have to go to a dinner, then a party, then this thing, then that thing, it's a simple text in between each things. It says, hey, babe, I'm going to this next thing. I'm thinking about you.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You know where couples where it starts to hit is when they miss that text.
Speaker 2: They don't call the person. They wait until the next day.
Speaker 4: Like it's just like, I know what she needs to succeed, so I'm gonna help her succeed.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be a dick. I'm not not gonna hit her up.
Speaker 4: And she doesn't need a lot. She's like the easiest person in the world. But I know, yeah, she wants to talk to me before she goes to bed. She wants me to say I love you. She wants me to text her if I wind up having to stay somewhere two hours late, just as simple, take out your.
Speaker 2: Phone and blah blah blah bah bah done. And and I know that no.
Speaker 4: I know that stuff really helps, especially when you're long distance, because it's natural you're far away from someone. You say, I'm not with this person, I'm not as connected to them. We're not We're not meant to be far. You're not supposed to be long distance with your partner. So to be right next to your partner, like it's like, we do things in life that we have to do, and we both are very focused on our careers and we're very driven, and you have to find a way to make it work that's comfortable. You have to talk to your partner. You have to understand them. I think people's biggest problems, especially men, are that we don't listen all the time. You got to listen. Just shut them up and listen. Listen to what they're saying. A woman is going to tell you exactly what she needs. Like when guys, look, I don't know what you want, so I don't know what she told you already, You're just an idiot. You're not listening.
Speaker 2: Just listen.
Speaker 4: A girl is If a girl is getting frustrated with you on something, she's definitely told you multiple times and you're just not paying attention. So it's like, just listen and don't be reactionary, proactively do these things. I don't know if you do the same thing, but when you're away from your partner, you just try to think of little things that's gonna make them feel more comfortable.
Speaker 2: Better, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm on the other hand, I'm like living on the moon. So it's like she doesn't have to really do anything for me because I'm like, I'm all in.
Speaker 2: On everything with her and.
Speaker 4: Fully trust her in every capacity and my whole life, I've always been like this. I trust everyone until they give me a reason not too okay, and I trust people to be who they are okay, and so far I know who she is, so until further notice, that's how I'm gonna treat her.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's my thoughts on I love that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't be more excited to share something truly special with all you tea lovers out there.
Speaker 2: And even if you don't.
Speaker 1: Love tea, if you love refreshing, rejuvenating, refueling sodas that are good for you, listen to this RADI and I poured our hearts into creating June Sparkling tea with adaptogens for you because we believe in nurturing your body, and with every sip you'll experience calmness of mind, a refreshing vitality, and a burst of brightness to your day. Juni is infused with adaptogens that are amazing natural substances that act like superheroes for your body to help you adapt to stress and find balance in your busy life. Our super five blend of these powerful ingredients include green Tea, Ushwa, Ganda, Acirolla cherry, and Lion's made mushroom and these may help boost your metabolism, give you a natural kick of caffeine, combat stress, pack your body with antioxidants and stimul brain function even better. Juni has zero sugar and only five calories per can. We believe in nurturing and energizing your body while enjoying a truly delicious and refreshing drink. So visit drink Juni dot com today to elevate your wellness journey and use code on Purpose to receive fifteen percent of your first order. That's drink j u Ni dot com and make sure you use the code on Purpose.
Speaker 4: I remember there was a time we didn't want this to be like a public thing, because unfortunately for Selena, her life is always under the spial of being scrutinized at every moment and this and that and for good for bad. And I remember sitting with her, and we've been seeing each other, you know, secretly for months and months and months.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 4: We were about to go to New York and we just made a conscious effort that we were like, we don't want to do this anymore. We want to be able to go out and have fun and like and you know, just live our lives. And at that point I knew that it was serious enough to dive in like like that. I was like, Okay, I don't care what comes with this, because I love this person so much already that like we literally said I love you on that trip.
Speaker 2: She had already said I love you to me a few times. Okay, wait to the album, I said I love you fast. Yes.
Speaker 1: So Selena, you said I love you fast.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: She said, what made you want to say that? Because that's a big step by.
Speaker 3: I definitely have never been the first.
Speaker 1: So this is the first time in your life you were the first.
Speaker 3: Yes. I wanted him to also know how committed I was, and deep down I just felt that and I I was tired of protecting myself. We had spent enough time together where you know, I felt like this was my person and I had the courage enough to say it, but I was very nervous, and Luckfoy, he said it back.
Speaker 2: Did you say it back the first time?
Speaker 3: Well, there was, ah, okay, well there's been some slipout.
Speaker 2: Well okay, okay.
Speaker 4: She was she has a plate in her hand because she she had like an accident and she was like coming up from I think.
Speaker 3: That was he's talking about a metal plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was had surgery or something.
Speaker 4: She was coming out of anesthesia and and she was like sitting there and she was and then I was like what and she was like and she's like I love you, and I don't remember. I didn't say anything back yet because I was like, I can't have this be the first time. And then one time she was with her friends, they were at dinner and she was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, we really wish you were here.
Speaker 4: We love you, I mean, and then just hung out like it literally like and then she started wanting to to really say it, and she was like it was right when I was going to do it.
Speaker 2: It was the same night and I was like, hey, let me get my stuff out.
Speaker 3: And he literally said that, and then I just said and.
Speaker 2: I was like please.
Speaker 4: I was like, please just let me out because I had it was like I had felt it and I was about to do it, and I was like, I want to wait till New York so it's special be in my house, like it'll be a good thing. And then the day I was doing it, she was like she like couldn't take it anymore, and she said it, and then we said it. And the thing that's crazy is you know, before you say I love you.
Speaker 2: It's like this thing. It's like taboo. You're scared to say.
Speaker 4: And then after you're like, oh my god, I can't, Like you want to say it a thousand times in a row.
Speaker 2: You never want.
Speaker 4: I can't even understand how I went so long without saying it to her. I say it three thousand times a day to her, and like I make sure every day I say I love you so much, like I love you a million times, and then I always tell her how beautiful she is and how lucky I am to have her every day. You know what, I's so annoying like you, and I always want to know, and I always want to do that because I want her to know that every day I don't take any of anything for granted, and I still look at her and my breath gets taken away in so many different ways. And I said to her last night we were sitting, we were in like the pool or something together last night and we were just hanging out, and I was just like, you're so beautiful. And I don't mean that just physically. I'm saying, like you can feel it. There's like a ring, like an aura around her that exudes just like warmth.
Speaker 3: And it just making me want to cry.
Speaker 1: How do you react in the moment when they hapened, Celina, Because Benny, we're basically the same person. I do the same thing to my wife. I do it to Roddy so Lucky Dye will just pull the funniest face in the world. Yeah, I was like, how do you react when when Benny's doing all these amazing things, Selina said, Because.
Speaker 3: I say, now, let's be honest, I also am equally grateful, and I tell him that all the time. I just it makes me feel like it's not real, and I'll like sometimes I'll be like, this seems too good to be true, Like he's so sweet to me. But now I've accepted it, I think I actually love it so much that it just makes me want to give him that support and that love back. So it's safe to say I feel much safe for doing that now, and I like it.
Speaker 1: I think so many people feel that when someone's that nice, and that's coming from someone who's like that myself with friends, family, and obviously with my wife too. A lot of the time that's scene as a weakness, like people kind of look down on it when someone's that open about their feelings. Especially I get asked that a lot. When I'm giving relationship with dating advice, people be like, oh no, but if I come on too strong, people get turned off. What this time was different for you? Where it's like he's being really affectionate, he's being really open, but there's a part of you that realizes that's what you want and that's what you deserve.
Speaker 3: Because the world has become so hard to please. If you will, I'm called fake, I'm called it's insincere, it's fake all of us. Like it just doesn't feel safe, and I don't like being myself sometimes and really that's a bigger problem than just talking about it in a relationship, because it makes you feel like you have to question the way you're acting. And I genuinely, yeah, I have really bad days and sometimes I don't have the energy to do what I'm doing, but I try ninety nine percent of the time to be kind and to just be happy, grateful for what I have, and that just almost isn't cool anymore. And I hope that that conversation can kind of start eventually because it's not it's not good. I want to always be that person that I was, but it gets harder and harder. What I fell for Benny, it was it was everything about him was honest. It wasn't just that he was honest with me. He was honest about where he was at in life, and he'll tell me anything that he's feeling, and it made me feel like I could do the same. But he's the one person you know, when you're saying those nice things to me, babe, it's like so sweet, But I believe him to where I'm not going to believe someone who is blowing smoke up my but to just make me feel good. He's saying it because he means it, and I believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's beautiful, that honesty that someone has in every area of their life, including their bad days, their tough days, they're challenging days. Then when they're saying that, whether their days good or bad, and they feel that way, it resonates with us. I think we all we all sense that. And I love what you said. I think it's so important that we make it cool again to care for people and be cared for, and we make it cool again to love people and feel loved, and we make it cool again for people to be kind and true kindness.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's like a macho thing, like guys. Guys are always trying. It's like, stop trying to be cool. Like it's like guys try to be so cool and like they don't want. I think it's cool to show your emotions. I think it's cool to tell you that the person like I call my mom an up and I tell her how beautiful she is, too, like, and I think it's cool to make people feel good.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool to like, you know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like people like are trying to push people down a lot sometimes, like to make themselves feel better but you look so much cooler and so much better.
Speaker 2: If you're making other people feel you.
Speaker 3: As looking, you'd feel like a better person.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, though, But it's like, I don't understand why people like choose not to do that.
Speaker 3: And it's like, yeah, it's something I'm very passionate about, something that I do want to start talking about more. I want to be a good example. I'm not the perfect person. Lord knows, I've made tons of mistakes and continue and will continue to. But I think it's important that we talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really glad you both raised it because I think so many of us are actually accepting less than we deserve because we want what's cool, not what we deserve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like me explaining to you right now, I want to change my whole approach to anything because of like one thing that I did, Like that's said. I don't want to have to change who I am, Like that was hurtful, for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't never want to do it.
Speaker 4: I don't do any of that, like when some of you, I don't care what's going on.
Speaker 3: No, he's great at that, which helps me not care as much.
Speaker 4: But I don't care about what anyone says, I don't care about comments. I don't care about pras, I don't care about anything. I don't care about what anyone says. I yeah to try to have you always been that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What made you that confident? Because I think a lot of people need to hear that.
Speaker 2: Because it's like this, Okay, why are you reading the comments? Okay? There's two reasons.
Speaker 4: You're either reading the comment because you want people to be like, oh my god, I love you, or you want someone to say.
Speaker 2: You piece of shit, You're ugly, you look like shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, And it's like and you don't need either one of those answers. I'd rather just free fall through life and I don't need to know any of that stuff. And I've never even read an interview back ever that I've ever done. I don't look at the pictures like I ask my manager, I say, hey, did I say something stupid in the interview? And if he says yes, I said, what did I say that was stupid? Or I say okay, great if it's something like I don't want to know, there's always going to be someone trying to bring you down. Hating is free, Okay, so people are gonna be hating all over the world' and gonna be hating from their bedroom. They're gonna be and I just don't even understand it. I've never even thought in my mind to like to like go on someone's page be like, Jay, that shirt's ugly? Why'd you wear that? Those stripes look like shit?
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 2: No, I never even thought about that.
Speaker 4: Like, if anything, I write like, oh my god, I love this show Jay, like and I just don't think we live in this weird world where people seek validation in so many different ways, and I don't think be neat.
Speaker 2: And I know it's hard.
Speaker 4: I know it's hard, and people want it and you want to read the comments, you want to look at it, but I just don't think I'm gonna gain anything from it. In that time I could be looking at those comments, I could be hanging out with my friends or like going on a walk or eating something delicious.
Speaker 3: Mulier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think you have that too, And it's why you've been so successful in music, Beny yourself, because I think you can create original sound because it's not trying to be like someone else or impress someone else likes. It's partly why you're so good at your craft, because to make great music, to invent new sounds, to create new genres, to create spaces for artists to play in, it requires that confidence in I'm not trying to sound like this. I'm not trying to be like this. I'm not trying to impress. So it's really interesting too, because I feel like when you're growing up your whole life, you're told to fit in, and then when you grow up you have to stand out. But then when you stand out, then everyone has a chance to point fingers because when you're doing something differently, that's the only time if you kind of follow what everyone else is doing normal lever point fingers.
Speaker 2: Do you do you read the comments?
Speaker 1: No, I'm the same as you. But I got really good advice early on as well. I remember someone saying to me, they said, Jay, you get if you get one hundred comments, you're going to look through all of them to find the one that's negative.
Speaker 2: Right, That's the way the brains works.
Speaker 1: And then you make it out like that one negative comment is an entire comments section. And so if someone said, Jay, those stripes are ugly, I'm not walking around my whole life thinkingly. And let's get honest, that goes even deeper. If someone says something about you. When you were saying, like someone called you fake or.
Speaker 3: Something, well, I was basically also going to point out that women have it. Not sure, please tell Yeah, that's from my perspective. It's it's pretty wild. And I think this isn't news to anybody that obviously women have a lot more intense feelings from their appearance to you know, what they are wearing, to everything. And I'm saying this is to me. When I get prepared for an event, ninety percent of the time, I'm just like, I just hope I can take the picture and sit down. It's the character that gets judged. It's the way I'm not wide enough, I'm not Mexican enough, I'm I don't know. There's just these so many different things is that come up in my face that I can't help but see. But I fell victim to like looking at that things and it really it doesn't add to your life, but it's just so difficult from the choices of you know, the people you date. It's like nobody cares about those kind of things. With men. They're just like, yeah, they did that. They said that they you know, they did this, and so I think we just carry a lot. Oh yeah, my weight's a big one too. Everyone just has something to say, and it's really making me sad, and not even sad because you know what, No, I'm not a victim everyone. I just think it's made me a tad bitter and I feel really guilty for saying that, but it's true. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a really interesting time, isn't it, Because and I'm so happy that you both talking about this because I feel like, on one end, we're all like body positivity, let's talk about mental health, let's protect each other, like there's this whole conversation, and then on the other side, we're like pointing fingers at people about their weight and their appearance and whatever else. It is, like you said, judgments of characters, especially saying with women, And I find that so interesting because I'm like, wait a minute, don't we realize that the same people are saying mental health matters. Yeah, are the same people that are pointing fingers at people that can affect people's mental health.
Speaker 3: I'm just happier that I don't have that. You know. I had to stop after a while, and I still take breaks completely because I'm human, So of course sometimes I read things, but I do most of the time ignore most of everything. I don't have anything on my phone at the moment, so there are ways to combat it. I'm doing it. I'm not in like, I'm not in like I hate it. I understand the power of what social media is. It's just tricky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is very tricky. Thank you guys, Yeah, thank you for opening up about it, because I can imagine it just gets exhausting after a while. It's just, yeah, just tired of it, you know, Yeah, because it's all the same and you're processing all the same stuff. But what about Viseelena, what's been the way that you've been able to manage your crazy work schedule, staying committed to the relationship, finding time to make memories and makes it I.
Speaker 3: Think you know, I will say it's it's very hard for me, and like Benny said in the beginning, it was very difficult for me to take trips away. It just makes me feel once I understood and got to know him, and I wasn't afraid to tell I'm like, hey, I just want to make sure like it's not that I don't trust you? Can you just text me before you, you know, go to your next thing. And I was able to do that with him and he wasn't combative, he wasn't like why I don't you don't trust me? It was just like, yeah, I could totally do that. And with that, day by day, I feel more and more open and you know, we're going to be separated again while I go shoot in New York and yeah, I'm ready for it. I think it's it's doable, but it's not fun.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's not fun, but but it found It sounds like you found a system that works for you. And the system is so simple. Is literally just listening to the other person. If the other person says, hey, I need this, it's not now like a debate around whether they don't trust you. Because I think a lot of us if someone said that to you, Benny, like it would be easy for your reaction to be like, well, how can you not trust me? Like you always know where I am? Like how why do I have to do this every day? Like you could have that reaction, but that reaction doesn't make the relationship better. And I think that's where often that goes where someone vulnerably says, hey, all I need is this.
Speaker 4: If someone's coming at you with a certain energy, you're already going to buck back. Like she always comes in a way where she's like, well I didn't like this because of this, this and this. I'm like, she just said, it's so nice that I have to I'm like no, because I'm like, shit, I have to approach this in a different way because she came at it with such class and effort, so like I'm not going to come back at her like that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to come back at her and.
Speaker 4: Say, well I agree with what you're saying, or you know, I disagree, and here's why, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's how we talk through everything.
Speaker 4: And then another thing was I really wanted a person that when I wake up, I think to myself, I'm like, how can I make Selena's day better? Like how what can I do in my day to make her day better? Because then that makes my day better? And I wanted to find a person like that. And I know when Selena wakes up, like the first thing she's thinking is like, how can I make his day better? And we have such a give and take like I could never even see a world where I would ever yell at her she would ever yell at me. Like we don't argue like that, Like I feel like I feel like we just have conversations, like there's never an argument. Sometimes she'll say this is so funny. Oh boy, no, no, no, She'll do this and it's really cool. She'll go, I'm feeling a little irritated, and I think I need like twenty five minutes. And I'll say okay, and then I give her her space. And then after like five minutes she texted me. She's like, hey, will you come back? But it's knowing that and we have the proper boundaries set with each other, Like I don't have to be on top of her every second, she doesn't have to be on top of me every second we're together. I just want to know she's in the house so I can say like, hey, I love you and.
Speaker 2: Then go back to what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Because look, we're both highly independent people. Okay, but we're both little MUSHes who just need to be attached.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are so cheesy. It's so fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like, but I feel like I think it helps us too that we're both you know, on my list a thing was I wanted someone to be driven and inspired by something. I didn't care if they made any money or anything. I just wanted someone to be so into something that they did every day. And when she comes back from her day and she tells me what she did, I'm like, I'm not saying they're like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like when you're talking to your mom.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're talking to your mom and you just say your mom just keeps talking, you go yeah, uh huh yeah. Like she comes back and like my eyes light up because I see the enthusiasm. I see what she did, and I'm like it inspires me, and I'm like, I gotta do more in this thing. And it's like we're in this place where we're inspiring each other and we're so inspired by what the other person's doing. And and she'll help me out. She'll be like, well, what if you did it like this this and this and that, And then she'll say something I'll be like, well, why don't you handle the situation? Because we have such different personalities that are also the same, but we're the thing that one of us is really good at, the other one maybe lacks a little bit and vice versa. And it's so cool to be able to like workshop like conversations or how to handle a situation in it. And I just feel so comfortable with her like that I can say anything and she won't ever say I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love the maturity. I mean hearing you both talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, we are not the perfect.
Speaker 2: No, that's not perfect.
Speaker 1: But you're disagreeing, no, no, no, But I think the maturity of and I agree with you. I think I think that's actually the difference, and I'm glad you brought that up. I think there's a big difference between maturity and perfection. Perfection is saying we never have a disagreement, we never have to take space from each other, which you're not saying.
Speaker 2: You're saying, hey, I.
Speaker 1: Just asked for twenty five space, and then I was like, wait a minute, I need to And I think there's a maturity in that because it requires maturity from both parts for you to first say hey I need space, for you to say I get it, I respect you, and then for you to have the maturity to say actually I want you back, and for you to be like not like oh I told you so, for you to be like, I'm here for you like that. That's not perfection to me, that's maturity. And I think that's I really want people to get that from it, that you are going to have disagreements, you are going to want space like me and Raley went through that. She at the beginning of our relationship, if we had a disagreement and we were the same, we never we made a rule that we would never raise our voices at each other because I came from a home where it was not great. She comes from a home where her parents don't raise their voices. But I was just like, I never wanted them in my home. I wanted the energy of my home to be so sacred, and I wanted the energy of the home to always have a space where everyone just walked in and felt like a warm hug. And I was like, we can't argue and then expect that to happen. But it took a long time for us to realize that when she at the start of our disagreements, she wanted space. And I used to say to her, well, if you don't want to talk about it right now, that means you don't care about me. And that wasn't true. She just needed space to process. So it took time for us to mature, for me to realize, wait a minute, you wanting space? Is you caring?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The relationship some people, I get it. They want to talk about it right then, they want to The one thing that also works for us so much is like we're not chill people, but we're like we're not We're never gonna get I like, I'm not gonna yell at anyone in my life.
Speaker 2: Like yes and yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, I came from a home where a lot of that was happening, and I saw like at a young age, and I was just like, well, like my parents weren't speaking the same language. Obviously they were speaking the actual same language. They weren't speaking the same language to each other to communicate. And if someone comes at you like hostile right away, the first thing I'm gonna do, and I know she's gonna do, is shut down. So you're not getting anything, you know. And I always say this, Guys are so quick to like they gotta win, they gotta win the argument. And it's like what are you doing? What are you winning? Like you're gonna argue with your wife and like make her cry and then you're like I won that argument, and then she hates you and resents you like.
Speaker 2: Wait, like, don't be an idiot, and it's like I am.
Speaker 3: I've been guilty though to start, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm mad of you.
Speaker 3: Sorry. I think for me, I necessarily felt like in other situations of mine, I was very reactive. I think that's why I was alone for five years, because I really needed to collect myself. I think in the past that's why I say to him all the time, and ten years ago, it's not that I wouldn't have wanted to be with you. I just wouldn't have been in the right headspace. And I don't think that you deserve what I had gone through before. So I've learned a lot of lessons and I've made mistakes, and I just want this to be right. So for me, that was a lesson that I had to learn, because I think girls can equally want to be right that for me, it was really difficult in the past, and he's made it unbelievably easy, to the point where if I even get to the point where I'm sough frustrated, he's like very quick to understand. I hear you, like you're allowed to feel bad, and that helped me shift where my mind used to go, which was a little bit of anger.
Speaker 1: So it was the validation of how you felt in those reactive moments. Yes, that allowed you to not be reactive? What was it that allowed you? Because I feel like, as Benny was saying earlier, you carry this baggage from all of our relationships into this one.
Speaker 3: I respect Benny because he's done nothing but respect me. I again trust him. I can tell him anything, even if it's about something that's uncomfortable, and maybe she should just talk to your girlfriends like he is that and that helps calm me down to say, Okay, so I'm going through these things because of maybe what I had before or whatever it is. It's nothing is ever bad, like nothing in my life. If I regret, and I'm so so happy for my journey and I'll continue to be it is a lesson that you have to be patient and learn. And I just I could never picture myself disrespecting him. I think it's also just.
Speaker 4: A different thing because it's like, look, none of us are perfect. Like she gets spicy sometimes and when I see something happening, it's about guiding the missile, not adding a jet pack on top of it with a with like machine gun artillery, Like I want to make if I see her getting to a place where I'm like, man, in five minutes from now, this room could explode. I'm never gonna let it get to that five minutes from now. I'm going to say, what are all the tools that I know that work for her, that I've learned over Like, I'm not going to exacerbate a situation. I'm going to try to calm it down, because why do I want to be in that position where we're both just like upset about something. I don't want to just calm it down and tell her what she wants to hear. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying like to your partner.
Speaker 2: Be like, yes, you're right, You're totally right. Like everything you know.
Speaker 4: I think you listen and you say like okay, Like sometimes I even I'll say like, let's not let.
Speaker 2: It get there, let's like just talk about this.
Speaker 4: And I do think physical touch is always like a very big way, Like if you're in a conversation with your partner, like it's like sometimes just like a hand helps or just holding their hand while you're telling them or giving them a hug while you're telling them, and if someone's upset, let them talk it out first, and then after they talk it out, be like, Okay, well here's what I think you know, and you can work through these things together. It's such an easy way. It's not always easy, I can tell you that. And sometimes we just someone wants to be frustrated, and it's like, sometimes she'll tell me that. She'll just be like, I know it's gonna be okay, but like, I just want to be frustrated in this moment, and I'll have to redirect because I'll be like, you know what, you have every right to be in this moment, and she'll say this is why she said, this is why I want to be frustrated this moment. She said it the other day about something I can't even remember, and I was just like, oh my god. I was like, yeah, I was like, that makes so much sense. I was like, I don't agree with the frustration. We'll get there afterwards, and I was like, but I get it. I get it, and it's so cool and I've never quite had a relationship like with her, and we're the furthest thing from perfect in the world. We're perfect for each other, We're not perfect for everyone else. But I think the thing that's cool is that we've had all these experiences. I've had all my experiences where it wasn't right, and I'm like, oh, okay, I'm going to change that the next time, you know, with this person or with that person. And I think that's when you really grow, is when you take all your experiences, good or bad.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like her, I take.
Speaker 4: Any experience in my life, my past partners, my family, my everything. It's like everything happened for a reason, and I'm not going to sit here and mope about like things that could be better or different. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna say, Okay, I learned this, and now I'm going to put it into practice.
Speaker 1: You know, For me, I always I always said to RADI, I always say to my wife, do you want me to listen? Do you want me to fix this? Or did you just want me to go through it with you?
Speaker 2: Because a lot they don't want you to fix it right away.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying I'm saying men or women, sometimes it's not about fixing, you know, everyone is, you know, I'm such a problem solver and you are too, so it's like your first thing, I know, the first thing in your head is like, how can I fix this situation? But sometimes it's not about fixing it right there. Sometimes it's about just like you know, especially for women who are like strong, like both our partners, they don't have a lot of time to be vulnerable in all the areas of their life. They have the world on their backs. Your wife has. There's so many people that rely on her. There's so many people that rely on her, So sometimes they just want to complain about something and that's okay, that's okay, it's okay. Who else are they going to do it to? They might as well do it and you just listen.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you both about this because I was so excited when the news came out and it just you know, it was it was so beautiful to see it go from where it started this but your proposal and now you're engaged and like that just I can tell, I mean it just it feels just beautiful being in the same space with you both loving on each other, which is great. Uh, Selena, what was the proposal?
Speaker 3: Like, like we have a video of it, but I want to save that for us and just keep that private. But basically, what I will share is that I thought we had a shoot that day, and I had hair and makeup and I was doing my regular day. I get in the car and I'm thinking to myself, where are we going, because at this point, I feel like I know a lot of the studios that I go to. And I just started getting a little frustrated because I was like, this seems far right, just me and my secure and he's laughing because he's just like, oh, it's just you know, I don't know, it's a new space. I was like, okay, we get out. I just I walk in and all of a sudden, I see no one's in the room and I just look at my assistant and she just shuts the door, and I was like, uh, I like kind of walked on to, you know, the area that he had set up, and you know, I think you envision all the things that you would do and say when someone asks you, but it is actually the craziest feeling. It was really special. He said the sweetest things. But I also was so shocked that it just felt unreal for a long time, and I don't know. I've always dreamt of that moment, and he couldn't have made it more perfect. And yeah, it was one of the best days of my life, for sure.
Speaker 2: I wasn't nervous until one second before. I was so not nervous. I was doing work until one second.
Speaker 4: I was approving masters for an album that was coming out that night, and then right when it happened, right when it was about to happen, I.
Speaker 2: Said, oh shit, what the am I going to say?
Speaker 4: And I'm so good with words usually I can't remember anything. If we didn't have a video of it, I wouldn't even remember what I said. You know, I had known I was going to propose for it for so long, and I never cared about marriage. Wasn't a thing in my head. She cared about it so much, so I said, well, now I care about it because she cares about it. And I found myself not even thinking it was going to be a big deal till I was there.
Speaker 2: And then I said, holy shit, get married now.
Speaker 4: And in the moments leading up to it, it's not really real until it's real. I remember it was so special for me because it was special for her. And then yeah, she said the two times you said that we're the best things in your life?
Speaker 2: Were that? And then I got you what a Burger?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 3: Whateverger is a restaurant chain that I'm not sure where they are, but they're not in California and they're not in New York. And I love this chain so much because there's a million in Texas where I'm from, and I love the biscuits, Texas toast and gravy. It's so good and we don't have that. And for Valentine's Day, he surprised me, and this was it. This is all we really did. I was on the phone and he comes in with whataburger? And I literally look at him like I'm freaking out. And he had someone apparently they opened up in Vegas, and while we were talking, someone drove kept it warm and then.
Speaker 2: Nodkeep it warm.
Speaker 4: I so I And what I did was I got all the parts to it and talk to the people there and figured out how I could reheat it the best way. And I was reheating in all different ways, putting it together. And then yeah, brought it to her because to me, someone like self could have anything in the world.
Speaker 2: The best thing you could do.
Speaker 4: She said it right after, she said, right when I gave it to her, She said, I can't believe you listened and remembered my order and remembered all these things in such an easy way, and then you just did it. She said, That's what makes this gift so special is that you actually like listened to the things and it goes such a long way.
Speaker 3: That I did. Say then, my two favorite moments are the proposal and my burger. I just think I was just so far He's done wonderful things.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking so crazy. Did you know we were born within ten minutes from each other?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The day?
Speaker 2: No, no, no place.
Speaker 3: Oh she was born in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was born right near her, like ten fifteen minutes away.
Speaker 1: And you never met in Texas ever that no, he can't.
Speaker 2: I don't claim Texas.
Speaker 4: I was born in Texas, but I grew up in Virginia, I claimed, she claims tex.
Speaker 2: Do you remember your proposal?
Speaker 1: Of course I remember my proposal. It was it was very I would say I was definitely impacted by lots of social media trends, for sure. In my first chapter of my second book, which is all about love. I talk about how I would redo my proposal because so not that I didn't like. It was perfect for the time, but it's so wasn't us.
Speaker 2: I'll tell it.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing, but I'll tell it. I'll tell it. So we were walking down one of our favorite walking paths on the bank of the Thames in London, and we're walking down. I told Radi that we were going to a dinner with my family and it was in a nice place. So she dressed up and everything, and we come out and then this random guy out of nowhere walks out with the bouquet flowers in massive one. He hands it to her and then I had an a cappella group seeing Bruno Mars.
Speaker 2: It was really sweet. They were great.
Speaker 1: They were very talented. And then I got down on one knee and then I asked her to marry me, and thankfully, I was crying the whole time. Thankfully she said yes. But I tell that story to say it could have been anyone's proposal.
Speaker 2: And I had.
Speaker 1: Food brought in from her favorite restaurant, but by the time I got there it was cold and it was I didn't do what you did. Benny sassed up and then when we walked around the corner, there was a white horse drawn carriage that took us around the city. But then when we got so then we were going back to her parents on the train to tell her parents what had happened, and I told them I was proposing that night. But we were going to hers and we got to her house and her parents opened the door and they looked around and they were like, what did he do to you? Because she had hives all over her face. Because I didn't know she was allergic to your horses, and she didn't know either, And so that was the night we figured out that she was allergic to And so that story reminded me that I didn't know her but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we thought, Yeah, I was trying.
Speaker 1: I was trying really hard.
Speaker 2: No, but it's one of that.
Speaker 1: We've been together for twelve years and married for nine, so we're doing all right. But I look back on it and I look at how much of my life was just impacted by the world of love, and now, knowing my wife as deeply as I do, I would do it completely differently. So I'm trying to convince her to renew our vows and our ten years and also because our friends have changed, Like we got married nearly ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Now we moved your life, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So much has changed, and so I'm like the people I want to celebrate my did you even have the podcast? No? No, no nothing, no no no, When did you have the podcast? Podcast is six years old? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It wasn't she on like your first ever episode?
Speaker 1: She was my first episode? Yeah, my wife's my first episode. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So sweet.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll do it again.
Speaker 1: And I think it's great reminder of just how much we evolve and mature in relationships and how it's okay to look back and go, hey, like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, that's a great story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fun story. It's a fun story. But but yeah, no, I'm so happy to hear about how beautiful this proposal was. You nailed it, Benny, You're the man. I mean, it's it's it's beautiful to hear. And I mean, last time we were together, Bennie, youre talking about wedding planning.
Speaker 2: How's that going?
Speaker 3: We have not even begun because I think for right now there's just so much going on. I have to go and shoot a series for a while, and I don't know, we'll just see we're out any rush and I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't even care about the next time. No, it's no, but like we're honestly, we're so we've been doing so much stuff we haven't even gotten to really just like so it's like, I think we're looking forward to doing that in New York a little bit.
Speaker 1: And what does that look like for both of you? Just you two spending time together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's very good at like organizing and planning, and I'm very visual, So I'm like, this is what I like, and this and this, and then he figures out how to.
Speaker 4: It'll be whatever she's already told me the types of things she likes and wants for a wedding.
Speaker 3: It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I love it. You both obviously got back into the studio together recorded an amazing album. I got to listen to bits of it. Was it was an interesting process, but I'll tell you about that offline, but I got to listen to it, and what I loved was I was surprised. I thought it was going to be about your relationship, but it sounded that it was about a history of your life setting and it felt like a history of love.
Speaker 3: But the interesting part is it actually has multiple different stories. Yeah, some of the songs are actually about, you know, his past relationships. So I think that it was really special because we were able to talk about those kind of emotions and feeling and not a lot of people maybe feel that comfortable doing that with a partner, but I don't know. We told each other all kinds of things like I would if I was in a session with someone I trusted, and so yeah, you'd be surprised. I mean, of course it's not all about you know, rainbows and sunshine, but it's it's real and I and I think these are all feelings people have felt before, and that's what we really wanted is people to connect to the music, whether you know you like it or not. We're just stoked that we got to make album that we're proud.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I feel like the thing that's so cool about it is I've been fortunate enough to make a lot of songs in my day and people come up to me all the time and they say, this song changed my life because I would you know, I was going through the same thing, and sometimes it is what I wrote about. And sometimes they think the meaning is not thing of what I wrote about. But that's the best part about music that it hits you. It's like music is one of the senses. It's like food. It's like like there's certain things, certain smells, certain songs. They bring you back to a time immediately, Okay, Like you're immediately transported. And it's so cool that everybody can be listening to the same song and have a completely different relationship with it.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's so cool.
Speaker 1: What was it like going from working together that first time to this time? Like, what was different?
Speaker 3: What was different is I never allowed him in the room.
Speaker 2: I can kiss her now.
Speaker 3: And I just I have liked to record a loone.
Speaker 4: What's really different is I feel like we got to talk about stuff that you would never talk about as an artist if it wasn't with her partner being next to her. And honestly, I would take out I would just write everything she said. Sometimes you wake up from a dream and she's like, I have this terrible dream and this is what it was, and blah blah blah. I write it down then it becomes a song. Well, it was so cool being able to I don't know, it was like therapy.
Speaker 1: Well, you were saying to me when we spoke on the phone, I think it was last week. You were saying that there was just it was like a safe space to.
Speaker 2: Be say whatever.
Speaker 4: You could say whatever you want. There's certain things you wouldn't be able to say if you were if I was, Hey, babelake, I just want that she'd be like with But if somehow, like when I'm playing chords while we're saying it, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, okay, a great story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can just talk about things and you're more open. It's like a therapy session. It's like it's a safe place and like it was cool to learn things about her that I don't know if I would have learned ever or as soon as I did.
Speaker 1: Did he bring you closer making the album? Like what was it like being together? Then making an album together and.
Speaker 3: Being absolutely we were able to share things with each other and she would listen to my doubts and he would give me great notes and it was never criticizing. It was always coming from a really mental place. And I do I think it absolutely has brought us closer, but that's also time and spending it with him.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, also we got to spend so much more time together. Yeah, because our workday's got to blend a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great excuse to spend time to Yeah, I'm almos trying to find ways to work more with my wife, and I'm just trying to come up with a new excuse me.
Speaker 2: I know, that's all I wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's all I would do it too. And you had some amazing collapse as well on the album. Obviously you've launched the song with Gracie and yeah's amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh my, I'm so happy that she's She was just such a doll and so talented. And you've known her so I shouldn't say that since she was like thirteen, but I love her.
Speaker 2: Did you interview her yet? No?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't. Yeah, you've been a fan for a while.
Speaker 2: I've known her since she was fourteen.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So to see where I put her on an album like five years ago, wow, So like to see where she's.
Speaker 2: Gone is so cool.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm always one who like loves new talent, new artist, and she's great, just such a great point of view. Her writing comes from such a good place and it's like I love people where it feels like they're like and seeing it as it too, where it feels like they're just kind of talking to you and then they're like, oh wait, I'm listening to a song, but like what what you know? Yeah, it's just you know, making the album with her, I felt like it taught me. I was just like, we're really good at communicating with each other and saying like and setting boundaries and saying when we like something, when we don't like something, yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you do that when you're in a relationship You're like, I just don't like the sound of that. Like that.
Speaker 3: We're both I think it comes down to ego, and we both don't really have that. So if we disagree on something, it's like, okay, agree to disgrace, Like that's fine. But yeah, of course if I say I don't know if I like that, he most of the time doesn't even question it and just just really receptive to my Yeah, we just don't have an ego, so it doesn't matter. He could say no, I don't like it, and I'd be like, Okay, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: What are you hoping that?
Speaker 1: Is there a song there that you're really excited for fans to hear or anything specific.
Speaker 4: I want people to hear the whole body of work, and like I don't really think about music like that. I make it for myself and luckily people happen to like some of it. And we started this thing in our room and we recorded the whole album in the house and with.
Speaker 1: Our fact that's so intimate. That's have you ever done that before?
Speaker 2: Not like this?
Speaker 4: No, no, And it was like it kind of blurred reality a little. It was the most fun I ever had, and I just like wanted a piece of music to be able to I don't know one day, like show our kids and be like look at this, like look at this thing mommy and Daddy made, and it was like I can't believe it, Like it's so cool to me. I don't care what happens with it. I was just like so excited to do this with the person I love and freeze a moment in time in a way that not a lot of people have the ability to do, and like we had, we were lucky enough to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Selena, you mentioned earlier always wanting to be a mom and Thenny just mentioned kids. Is that are you both like big family, big lots of kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what will happen, obviously, but I I love children. I mean I've been an eleven year old sister that I absolutely adore and I'm still doing wizards this this far along because i love children. I love making them laugh. They're just so sweet. So absolutely when that day comes, I'm so excited for It's funny.
Speaker 4: We'll be at We'll be at like a gathering or a party. And not many people know this, but like Selena is like the ultimate level of shy, like the ultimate ultimate ultimate level of shy, Like couldn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know a lot of people sometimes I get checked.
Speaker 4: It couldn't be more of like an introvert shy, which is crazy because she's the biggest star in the world and it's like I'm not when she walks into a room to him her main yeah, her main goal is to like disappear into the crowd.
Speaker 2: That's like her.
Speaker 4: Her goal is to just like everyone's it's my mom is very similar. My mom are very similar, and they're you know, they're never gonna there's a crowd of people. They're never gonna like be like how like me or probably you would do.
Speaker 2: We were like not like we're talking, they're not gonna do that.
Speaker 4: They're like wait and say like one thing throughout the night that winds up being like the most poignant or funny thing of the night, but like I'm gonna have diarrhea of the mouth, talk and everyone. And whenever there's kids at a place, it's the only time I see her do that. She immediately goes to kids and like has these conversations for like hours with the kids.
Speaker 2: That's taking care with the kids. And I think it's also I think it.
Speaker 4: Probably also has to do with like when you started doing this, you were a kid and that was your way to connect to people. And I feel like you still feel like you have that obligation to connect with like young kids because you made some You shaped so many young.
Speaker 2: People's lives, whether it was Barney, whether there.
Speaker 4: Was wizards, And I feel like you're still finding your way to do that. And it's so crazy just to see because she's transcended into so many different categories. It's so hard to call her like, you know, a pop star, this an actress, so.
Speaker 2: That you know, you don't know what to cars. There's so much of a multi hyphen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you notice it sometimes when we see people, because you'll see a little girl come up to her crying. Then you'll see her older sister that's like twenty, then you'll see the mother, and then the grandmother. So like it's like she's hitting all these boxes in people's lives and touching so many people. And you know, she's such a hermit that she doesn't even realize.
Speaker 2: It all the time.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm always reminding her of like what she's doing and how special it is, and how she's always been so you know, outspoken, and we'll always say what's on in her mind and is always you know, just I just I just feel like she's There's not a lot of people who are like just absolutely authentically themselves, and like that's what draws me towards her more than anything else. She's always going to tell you how she's feeling. She's always going to be herself, she's never going to try to be somebody else.
Speaker 1: Well said, you know, I, Lovelena, I'm so grateful to you both for just opening your hearts.
Speaker 3: Being so with you, only with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe you got her to say some of this stuff. She never said, very very she would never say any of this.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you didn't say that that you wanted to say?
Speaker 3: I actually am thinking. I just I'm just really grateful that people like you exist because you you bring so much joy to people and also understanding, you know, many different ways of life and navigating that, and I think you're a great example. So I just would like to say thank you. I trust you with that information and it's always a pleasure to be with you, So thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: You're both You're both just so special. You've always been. I've always said, Selena for years that you know no matter and those moments where I could tell you were shy or wanting to disappear, but always being so gracious and kind to me and my wife whenever we were together and making us feel comfortable even if you felt uncomfortable. And Benny, you know, just the wonderful conversations we've had over the last couple of years, and I feel like we've done everything. We've talked about so many different things, and we are both kind of like that, you know, back and forth, back and forth kind of people. But you've both done the final five before on the show, so we wanted to do something different with you both. We wanted to play a little couple's game.
Speaker 4: These, oh, I know exactly.
Speaker 2: They're fun, fun questions.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take what you just told me and turn it right. So we're gonna do where we're gonna I'm gonna ask you questions. You both have to write something down and then we'll reveal. So don't look at each other's answers. Question number one, if Benny would cook you anything in the world, Selena, what would he choose to cook for you? So both of you can write down. So, Bennie, if you're going to cook anything for Selena, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like, what do I think she wants the most?
Speaker 3: A few?
Speaker 2: I think I know what.
Speaker 1: It's a hard question.
Speaker 2: It's a hard I think I know it.
Speaker 1: Three For anyone who doesn't know Bennie is an insane connoisseur of.
Speaker 3: Food, I know, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to be the same. That's three.
Speaker 3: That's actually that. That's what I wrote.
Speaker 2: That's what you.
Speaker 3: Oh you did, Yes, but I loved he makes this corn depth that I can just eat for breakfast lunch.
Speaker 1: And that's a good thing. That there's more than one thing. That's a good thing. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: All right, Selina, if you would cook anything for Benny, what would you choose to cook?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: All right, oh my gosh, I do well?
Speaker 2: Is it not what I think you're answer? I think you're can say this.
Speaker 3: Because I like I got.
Speaker 1: You got it Benny already?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, three two one, Okay, there we go, order of pizza.
Speaker 2: You're doing good. This is great.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one's this one's a bit more. I'm intrigued to see what comes out of this. It's not it's not about well you know each other. It's an interesting one. If your partner could master any skill instantly, what would it be? Selina is very confident. Everyone who's listening and not watching. It's like every time I ask a question in her pen hits the hits the board immediately. All right, what do we have? Three? Two one? Everything gets annoying. To be able to sleep through the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what you would want, that's what you would want.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought it was saying if you could master a skill, yes, I'm sorry, he'll put on a video game, he will be well, he'll play basketball. He does well, he'll do like pro tools, and then he'll do like all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the skill she'd want to master to be able to sleep through the night. That's a real one.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people are struggling. We've done a lot of episodes on sleep because that's a real challenge for a lot of people. Yeah, it's hard, especially as we get older. You wake up in the middle of the night and yeah, not fun. All right, Okay, Uh, what's your partner's hidden talent that no one knows about?
Speaker 3: Okay, if I'm gonna I'm gonna take this to Benny's level.
Speaker 2: What's her hitting?
Speaker 3: Not even if I spelled that right.
Speaker 1: That's okay, there's no spell check.
Speaker 2: But what's her.
Speaker 3: Hidden I don't really have one.
Speaker 4: I know there are all two public Oh, I know, I know. This is crazy.
Speaker 3: This is funny.
Speaker 1: I'm just loving the honesty, guys. You guys are really going there. It's feelful.
Speaker 3: We really like to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but it's it's so, it's right, okay, Okay, three two one.
Speaker 2: She knows every episode of Friends by heart.
Speaker 4: She knows all of the lines, every line, and you could name.
Speaker 3: What episode did this happen? And I could tell you what?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoa, it's crazy. I everyone watched the show one time before her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same as me and Roddy.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. She knows it pretty well, and I'm like, I need to catch up.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: That was good. I like that.
Speaker 2: What's both of you is perfect date night?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 2: How real am I allowed to be?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just to be like the worst of not wanting to do it?
Speaker 1: Old married?
Speaker 2: I love it her idea of a perfect day night.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, I have so many, but this one's just.
Speaker 1: Benny's planning the date night in his head right now.
Speaker 3: Mine's really simple.
Speaker 2: I never write, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: Texting.
Speaker 1: You both got good handwriting for people who don't write.
Speaker 3: There we're definitely not saying the same. This is going to be so nice and romantic, and mine is just.
Speaker 1: You guys literally reminded with me and rather Yeah, it's so funny, it's all right.
Speaker 2: Three two one reveal.
Speaker 3: Hot bene, food on.
Speaker 1: A couch, romantic dinner with some small thoughtful gesture than something I can't write.
Speaker 2: I was trying. You're right, they're both good dating.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, what is Benny like on a flight, because Benny notoriously does not She's never seen have you never done?
Speaker 3: He does not fly?
Speaker 2: Oh I thought I thought you told me you must have done it once. I thought you'd have done it, but not since we've been Wow. Yeah, that's a blank. Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think Benny will be like on a flight?
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I want to know, because I would be so worried about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, was I supposed to write? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, that's fine. No, for sure, it's a real.
Speaker 3: Real I just I think it's a big fear of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's real. It's real. Makes sense, all right? Okay, a couple more. What's something your partner can do to make you laugh whenever you're in a mood? So even if you're in your worst mood, what can your partner do or what does your partner do that will always make you laugh?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: So far Bennie and Selena know each other very well. This is going really well.
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: I like the commitment from both of you. Extremely competitive. So where Bennie, as you're writing, how did you used to get to New York to see Selina.
Speaker 2: Would you drive? What do you mean what you drive from here to New York? Yeah? I take the boat to Europe.
Speaker 1: Okay, so explain that journey to us.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so long.
Speaker 4: It's like first you have to drive to New York and then you get on a boat for eight days and you're on the Titanic.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. That is real here all right, two one, go for it. Go and read it, Selena.
Speaker 3: It says dance or wrap or say a weird fact that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna That's what you do to make her love. That's what I.
Speaker 1: Oh, I did what I do to her to make her laugh? Oh no, no, I wanted what the other person. That's what you did, Selena, Right, that's what Bennye does. Yes, yeah, Bennie not because you wrapped as well. You're a good rapper.
Speaker 2: I did what I do to make her laugh.
Speaker 4: I said, I huger and then get on to her and then I do that little funny laugh.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay. So what does Selena do that can make you laugh.
Speaker 2: Whenever she wants?
Speaker 1: She like Selena's proven to be the better listener right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, so.
Speaker 1: We get on.
Speaker 2: What do you do that makes me laugh in any mood?
Speaker 1: Like whenever you're in any mood? Like, what can they do? Like yeah, like Roddy would burst down to song and dance like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think my existence makes you.
Speaker 4: She'll make like a like she does like this like little face and where she puts her head down and like looks at me and she's like, I can't even do it, but she'll do that. That'll make me laugh and you'll usually get on top of me and.
Speaker 3: No, but she actually, this is really funny. When I try to get somewhat like he did, it's like he can't take me seriously, so he'll smile and then I'll go from being like that's true.
Speaker 4: Whenever she starts to get like angry, she's like no, and I just laughed her because it's so hard to take her seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's true. That's usually how our fights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Roddy hates it because whenever she gets angry, I'm like, you're so cute.
Speaker 2: I'm not cute.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's okay, all right, what's the one thing they can't live without apart from you? So about your partner? So, Benny, you're writing about Selena. Selena is wranging about you. What's one thing that apart from you?
Speaker 4: This couldn't be easier, guaranteed, What do you mean guaranteed? Easiest answer I could have ever thought of. That's the best question you could have ever asked me. I'm one hundred percent right.
Speaker 3: You can't. Oh, what.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Two one?
Speaker 3: Mom oh, space heater? That's true? Here, Okay, So I I have a very weird problem. It's not even a problem. It's just a me problem. I'm a very cold person. My temperature usually on my space heater is ninety and I let it go all over And if I get hot, I just opened the door and then close it again. It's so backwards, so weird. Hot.
Speaker 1: Everyone everyone's got a different diferent vibe. Trust me, office next door. The team's always arguing over what temperature the room's at. Some people really hot.
Speaker 3: We have a system.
Speaker 2: She always wants it hot.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh, what's something the other person is really competitive about?
Speaker 2: What are you competitive?
Speaker 3: I'm really.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what she's conte don't take Selena is Nott.
Speaker 4: I was going to I was going to say, you are about games, but then you don't care anymore, like you're competitive for like the first five minutes.
Speaker 3: And no, that's true, and then I'm starting to think that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like five true.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, So okay, last two questions. Actually, I'm going to go for the last one because you both are big on this. Have heard from Benny. What's the other person's most memorable gift they got you.
Speaker 3: That he's given me?
Speaker 2: Right, So the most memory one she gave me?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: Oh, there's so many, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one there's no right right after.
Speaker 3: This is just the only one that I can think of. But there's so many. Yeah, Oh sorry, No I didn't. I just saw like a word.
Speaker 1: I love the commitments. It's amazing. You're the best. That's like, all right? Three? Two?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Who's gonna all right?
Speaker 3: Talk about it? Oh that was a good.
Speaker 1: One, Okay, explain god?
Speaker 3: This what is a picture from a set of Will and Grace. I thought it was extremely thoughtful because that's one of my favorite shows, and you can see it in the background of almost all the episodes.
Speaker 4: No, no, I got her an actual piece of art that's in Willing Grace set. Yeah, I got I knew the guy my friend wrote it. And I got her for one of her birthday presents. I got her an actual painting that's hung up in Willing Grace. And when I gave it to her. The day I gave it to her, she was watching Willing Grace and it was.
Speaker 2: On the TV.
Speaker 3: It was so cool.
Speaker 4: And that gift and mine's a framed picture of our first text where we fell in love, like the first one where we decided we were going to go out on that date. She framed it and like made this like cute. She like made like like did all these designs.
Speaker 3: It's like macaroni and like glitter.
Speaker 2: It was so cute.
Speaker 1: That's a great gift. That was one amazing Selena Bennie, you are truly two of the most special people. I'm so glad you found each other and I am always rooting for you, guys, forever in your corner in every possible way. I love you both deeply and know that I'm always rooting for your love and sok you so genuinely, so grateful for you.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to get you out of these boards.
Speaker 1: Are Come on, I expected a or like a hug or some sort of emoji of bye.
Speaker 3: Now I know what I'm good at you for your birthday. He's obsessed with the thank you I love it.
Speaker 1: You can take them home, well.
Speaker 3: I love you, thank you for having Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I hope that allowed you to share everything you wanted to say.
Speaker 2: I love it easy, we did it. Thanks guys. You guys are so fun.
Speaker 1: How was that? If you love this episode, you'll really enjoy my episode with Selena Gomez on befriending your inner critic and how to speak to yourself with more compassion.
Speaker 3: My fears are only going to continue to show me what I'm capable of. The more that I face my fears, the more that I feel I'm gaining strength, I'm gaining wisdom, and I just want to keep doing that