Speaker 1: When I do live gigs around the country, I'll be honest with you. I sell T shirts and swag to the folks who are there, and then people always say, can we get this swag without sitting through a whole evening of you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's happened. It's finally here.
Speaker 1: You can buy Craig Ferguson merch on the Craig Ferguson Merch website and you can buy it for yourself or someone you hate or someone you love. For more information and link to the web store, please go to the Craig Fergusonshow dot com. That's all lowercase, the Craig Ferguson show dot com. My name is Craig Ferguson. The name of this podcast is joy. I talked to interest in people about what brings them happiness. When I was doing the late night show, I talked to a lot of people. Some of them became my friends. That's the category we're in today. Aeriel Tweto first came to my attention when she was on a TV show called Flying Wild Alaska. But the minute I met her, I knew we'd be friends. And then but she became friends with my wife and I knew it was compulsory.
Speaker 2: Here's my friend a reel tweet.
Speaker 3: Oh again, is that what we're doing today?
Speaker 2: Well, Megan always gets her nails done.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: She's a nails done in parison.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's but here's the thing, because we were talking about wearing our headphones. Yeah, because it makes you feel like a pilot. It does, doesn't That does like we're flying planes together.
Speaker 3: Oh, where should we.
Speaker 2: Go your flight controls?
Speaker 3: Like, no, let's do your flight controls.
Speaker 2: You've got two big things on your fingers. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was in Nicaragua surfing and then I one night, I mean, my buddies are out night surfing, and I was walking back in and I slipped on a rock.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So I slipped on the rock and I slashed my leg open. So I was more worried about my leg. And then I was like, something's wrong with my fingers. And I put my hand up to the like the moonlight. All of them looked like they were all bent, like like upside down el's. And so I remember my dad like he fell down the steps one time, and I remember seeing him pull his fingers. So I was like I guess I'm going to have to pull my fingers.
Speaker 2: So I pulled your fingers.
Speaker 3: I pulled all of them.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't you pass gas? Like, I don't know when someone else pulls you.
Speaker 3: I think it's when someone else.
Speaker 1: If you pull, it's like tackle it yourself. You can't pull your own finger.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was disgusting, though.
Speaker 4: It was worth seeing your hand mangled than I think the actual pain. But now I have two broken fingers and the other two I set right now.
Speaker 1: But now my fathers I set them and then totally badass area. It's so mental because what we just kind of glossed over is that you were night surfing in Nicaragua, Yeah, which I feel like makes me feel like you were on a special ops thing for the CIA.
Speaker 2: And that's the truth of it.
Speaker 1: Why what were you night? Why night surfering in why Neckaraga? What were you doing there?
Speaker 2: I know people there?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't, but now I do. I feel like I know half the country. Yeah, it was amazing. I just needed to get out of Alaska, and so I was like I usually go to Costa Rica to surf, and so this time I was like, I'm going to try Nicaragua, and I ended up going to Popoio.
Speaker 3: It was amazing, it was I was there.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to be there for a week and I ended up staying for like three Yeah, and then yeah, it was the last day I was there. And so I met a guy who had a ruler.
Speaker 2: Did you meet a guy? I?
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, but no.
Speaker 4: So a guy had a ruler and we cut the ruler in half and he set my fingers with the ruler until I came back to America and got a proper splint.
Speaker 3: But now they smelled fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's you know, it's the sea and you were swimming. Why did they smell like fish?
Speaker 4: Because last night I ate a can of sardines in my like the oil trip.
Speaker 2: Now are you?
Speaker 1: Are you living the Inuit lifestyle in American hotels? So like, for those of you who are not familiar with your story, I'm just going to take you back a little bit. I know you well, and you know we've been friends since I met you and late night ten years ten years or eleven, I think it's more. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't have gray here back then.
Speaker 1: You didn't either, Yeah, I assure dead, and you don't have any.
Speaker 3: Now I have a lot, but I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's gray is okay, but it's againting really white now not yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it. Silverfox.
Speaker 1: No, it's not silver Fox anymore. It's Santa. It's the battle when you get because I'm nearly sixty two, Jesus. The battle now is to not turn in a Santa. That's that's my last mission.
Speaker 3: Well you look good.
Speaker 2: Well that's in a Santa way.
Speaker 3: No, a nice way.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. Now let's let's start. Because you're for I first became aware of you. I first heard about you and you but because of Flying mild Alaska, the show that you did for Discovery, right, which is about you and your family's airline, because your dad around the airline.
Speaker 2: Era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Era.
Speaker 4: Well it started out Hagland's and so was my dad and his buddy Mike Haglin, and they started it and then it merged to Era and it became.
Speaker 3: Raven, right, is that what it's called now, Raven without an E.
Speaker 4: My dad's too cheap to like spend extra money on the extra letters.
Speaker 2: This rave.
Speaker 3: My mom's obsessed with ravens, and so my dad named it for her.
Speaker 1: I got a raven. I saw that, a big raven right there in my own but not a real one. It's a tattoo obviously. Yeah, that's not a real raven.
Speaker 3: Not a real raven.
Speaker 2: Being practical to walk around with a raven all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you want to get some ink?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I was just going to say, A great a great woman in Queen's Brooklyn. She's a green Point. She's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'm definitely going to do it. Would you get one too? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to get more, right, there's always for more. Yeah, maybe we'll go over this afternoon. We'll give a call. So listen, you're do you do this show? Flying well Alaska? But let's talk a little bit about your family, because your dad starts up this airline, right, he's a bush pilot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he flew.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure exactly how he flew from my grandpa's company, and my grandpa started Ryanair and so my.
Speaker 2: Dad, I know the airline.
Speaker 3: No, it's a little smaller one in Alaska. It's actually a big one.
Speaker 4: But then my dad got fired and then by like my uncle or something, someone fired him and because he had too many ideas and whatever.
Speaker 3: But then a lot of ideas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then so he got a plane and then started his competition airline and then then it just like grew and grew and he had like just from like all like growing up.
Speaker 1: So you were in these these like bush planes since you were a babysically.
Speaker 3: It was zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we flew everywhere and then the only way in and out of our village is by airplane. So my parents like they were like, if you want to go see the world or if you want to get out of this village, which I did.
Speaker 3: I love it, but I like.
Speaker 2: Can't I hear you?
Speaker 1: I've never been uncle, right, yeah, right, So Uniclee is a village in Alaska of about how many.
Speaker 3: People, like six hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: That's not really a village. It's a small town.
Speaker 3: It's a small town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're the biggest like hub in our area, so where most of the villages around us have like one hundred and fifty two hundred and fifty people.
Speaker 2: And your dad wasn't Alaska native though, right.
Speaker 3: Nope, He's Norwegian, so he grew up in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Auto the relations grew up in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there they are all over, but then a lot of Minnesotans end up in Alaska, which is awnest.
Speaker 1: Because it's because of the Norway thing. They keep looking for places that are really cold and then hospitable, which.
Speaker 3: I don't get. I was born in the wrong place.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to be born in, like Africa or somewhere in Central America.
Speaker 1: I like the sun. I don't you know. I've been back in Scotland too much.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not going to do it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too I gotta go sunny time anyway. So your dad, he meets your moment in Alaska.
Speaker 4: So he got a hockey scholarship and moved up when he was sixteen sixteen seventeen, and then played hockey and was really really good. He bomb was a goalie wow, and he was like he was amazing apparently, and then he became a welder after that he had really crappy hips, and so he stopped playing hockey, became a welder and started building all the boats in like northwest Alaska, like all the crazy crab and fishing boats. Yeah, and so yeah, he was obsessed with welding, like he loved welding.
Speaker 1: And then get obsessed with welding. It's the weirdest thing. I know a couple of people who are really into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should see his boats that he built. Like half the villages, seems like everyone had his boats. And then yeah, and then he just then he yeah, became a I don't think he ever got his pilot's license.
Speaker 3: He just started flying.
Speaker 2: Stop it. Your dad didn't have a pilot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he actually got his like private pilot's license.
Speaker 2: Then that's that's an interesting story right now.
Speaker 3: And then he met my mom and then.
Speaker 2: Right, so your your mom is Nate for Alaska.
Speaker 4: My mom's wild. I can't wait for you to meet her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she seems very she seemed lovely on that show. Oh yeah, she's feisty. She carries a bull whip.
Speaker 4: She's like like becauses like a fisherman sailor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she carries a bullwhip. That's scary, it is. I don't know if I want to meet her now, I would just do it like FaceTime. So last year, because I haven't seen you since your dad'zact. Right, that was really intense. Well, all this was really intense because your dad. We lost your dad during that right, yeah, in June, June of last year.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, so it's going to be a year soon. But it doesn't feel I yeah, it doesn't feel real still, and I think that's why I just don't want to be at home. It's hard.
Speaker 4: Like I still like I dream about him, which is good, and like I write him letters all the time, and so I'll just be like, hey, I haven't felt you in a while or something, and then he'll show up in a dream, my last dream yet.
Speaker 1: I have that with my parents even Yeah, yeah, that that that goes on forever. That's that's okay. You know, you don't worry about that. He's not going anywhere in that sense, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like there was a couple of times, like surfing, he used to call me do det and my first time ever catching his green wave, like going all the way down this wave, I jumped off of it, and then I like, I sound weird, but.
Speaker 2: But there's nothing wrong being weird.
Speaker 1: People are gould have stopped with the weird is somehow negative.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's awesome, Yeah, but okay, well I don't sound word but I heard him, like I heard him say like good job do that, and then I felt him. I felt him everywhere and that's when I knew. I was like, oh man, he's still like here. And then then I started. I couldn't stop crying, but they were like happy tears, and I hadn't like I've just been sad.
Speaker 1: So I know, but I mean, that is so that's what the world it is about right now?
Speaker 4: Then what's happening with you? Like like running away from Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean you got to deal with it. You deal with it, you know. I mean it's like, how's your mom, Doe?
Speaker 4: She's I mean they were together pretty much every day for thirty six years, right, and they were best friends, so she's it's she she's so strong. He's like having to deal with me and my sisters because I mean he was my best friend, yeah, and then my little like everyone was so we were so close, and I thought I was like, I didn't think it was I thought he was invincible, Like I like, there's no way that could have happened. And yes, I guess it's never been very.
Speaker 2: Shocked when when I heard, right, because I like, I texted.
Speaker 3: You right away, yeah, to thank you for this.
Speaker 1: It's the weirdest thing though, because you know, when you don't know where to call someone, or like when when you experience grief like I've had it, you know you clearly have had it very recently. People kind of nobody knows how to deal with you sort of thing. It's kind of like it's kind of like you got something on yet yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, no one knows what to say.
Speaker 4: It's super awkward, like like I yeah, I don't and I don't know how to like respond like my like people are like how are you doing? And like my little sister is very like blunt, and she's just like, how do you think I'm doing? And I'm like, yeah, good, But now I'm realizing, like I'm like I'm taking it every like day, like today, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of days ago, not so much.
Speaker 1: I think I think that, But I think that's okay. I mean the thing that you know, it's how it looks on you. I mean I think that whenever anyone has an agenda for how you should feel about any particular thing, I think that's more about them than it is about you. You feel how you feel. You know, it's and when people say like get over things, like you don't get for shit like that. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You learn to live with it, you don't get over Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now you know what this made me realize how how I thought I was a compassionate, like empathetic person before all this.
Speaker 3: Now it made me realize, like what a ding dong?
Speaker 4: Like just when my friends like we're going through loss or something, I'm like, let's just go hiking.
Speaker 3: Come on, like get over it pretty much.
Speaker 4: And now I'm like, if someone said that to me, I would like punch me in the face, right because I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, not in the gates. Well I was going to say to.
Speaker 3: You, no, I love hiking and stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well, I think sometimes it is with people when you're talking about grief. People are so uncomfortable with the idea of it and they hate it so much that they want you to not have it too in case. You know what I mean, It's like it it's it's really it's it's I think I know I get a little O.
Speaker 2: C D around it as well.
Speaker 1: Like if I feel grief, I'm going to feel more grief about you know what I mean. It's like weird, but I remember when my dad died that.
Speaker 3: How old were you?
Speaker 1: I was I was in my forties, you know, I was like, I just started late night and he died. But he he was seventy five and he was not old really if you think about it. But he died of cancer, so we can't you it was common. But when he died, he you know, and the grief is such a weird thing. I think it's kind of it's about like your fingers. You know, you get mashed up and it's like, what the fuck am I going to do with this? And then little by little it starts to kind of go, but you're never you know, you're always going to have the scars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of like fat fingers.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to say, on your finger.
Speaker 1: Now, I wish I could do that, Like I only put on like on one finger or something.
Speaker 2: No, I go Like when I was about four years old, I had a more cycle act.
Speaker 1: And I broke my collar bone and three ReBs and I can still feel it right now.
Speaker 2: I still feel it right now talking to you. I can still feel it all the time.
Speaker 1: But at the time I got it, it was agony, and it was agony and agony and agony, and then it's no agony all the time. Sometimes I think about it makes me twinge. I think grief is a little like that, like when it arrives, it arrives.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, it's a tsunami.
Speaker 4: It's awful, and it's just so random sometimes you really, yeah you could just I was in ARII looking at gloves and I saw like a pair of gloves that you used to wear, and then I just lost it in the middle of So it's like in the middle of the store. And then there's just certain things that just set you off. And then like for me, the hardest part is like envisioning like the last seconds and stuff, and so I have to like cut myself off or like get super busy with something. Otherwise I just like picture it like how it happened. And then I'm like, then that make sets me off, And.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can see how you would do that to yourself. But the thing I remember, I mean you said earlier, it's so fast, you know, ways.
Speaker 2: Was your dad.
Speaker 1: He was sixty eight, sixty eight, you know, he lived for sixty eight years and two seconds of it. Yeah, it's not much, you know, And I'm not trying to make you feel better about it, but you know, but I think if I was in your shoes, then I think with my dad, my own dad as well, is try to get a sense of perspective about it, you know whatnot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was his biggest fear too, is getting old like he was. He started memorizing stars, like he memorized over three hundred and sixty some stars because he was afraid of losing his memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Agaimers. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he would have me and my sisters, he had like flash cards and we would just lay in the snow and he would like we would have to quiz him, and he yeah, he just doesn't didn't want to get old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so in that I.
Speaker 2: Understand that too. Like I'm sixty one, I'll be sixty two years old in a few weeks. It's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really didn't you think it's not gonna happen to me, But you know, it kind of.
Speaker 4: Does start my rising stars or maybe not that that works.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was, but I now, of course I'll be like, oh yeah. The Crake Ferguson Fancy Rascals Stand Up Tour continues throughout the United States in twenty twenty four. For a full list of dates and tickets go to the Crake Ferguson show dot com slash tour.
Speaker 2: So you have that. So you still eat the seal flipper and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, still trying to take how did.
Speaker 1: You get a seal flipper in? Now, let's talk through the seal flipper because we were talking about that. I don't have the enzymes to eat that, right, you have to be Inuit or something.
Speaker 4: I mean you have to have some like thick skin in your stomach or something, or you'll be used to it because I mean it's a flipper of a seal, and you might cover it in grass, like wrap it and grass and them buried in a hole for a couple of months until it for men.
Speaker 1: See, that's not cooking, that's that's that's burying the.
Speaker 2: Ranging it back up. That's zombie seal.
Speaker 4: We so okay, I'll be honest, like on the show, I think a dog ate it because we couldn't find it like where we buried it. So we ended up so our producers were just this is when this is when like we knew we were having to end the show soon because our family, like we didn't, I mean not everyone's that interesting. And so once they started shaking a plane and having a wedding cake in there. My dad was like, we're done, yea yeah, And this is the seal flipper thing too, Like we went and got pickled pigs feet from the grocery store and just threw it in the ground and was like, ugh, well.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the thing about these flying shows. Because I watched the Ice Flyers or something like that as well. Do you ever watch that?
Speaker 3: I didn't even watch our show.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't watch my show. Yeah I can't. Basically, if you're in a show, why the hell would you watch it?
Speaker 3: You just start ripping yourself apart. I'm like, that's how I walk. It looks like I have to peel all the.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I hate it's weird. I think I look like stuff shoulders? Is that anyway? I don't want to talk about my stuff shoulders? Why did you bring them up? What are you doing now?
Speaker 2: Do you have a podcast?
Speaker 3: No? I don't. What am I doing now? Good question?
Speaker 1: Trying to you don't have to have an answer, It's not this is not a careers thing. I'm just you know, I just want to know if you're okay and you.
Speaker 2: Know I'm doing. I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get I love like, I love entertaining and I love travel shows and stuff. So trying to do another travel show. I do a thing on the Great North. You have to do a little voice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, just cartoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I love cartoons.
Speaker 4: I need to talk to your son Milo about helping me with like a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, studio, that's I know, that's why I heard.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: You know Studio Flimpo, they like make stuff and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so cool. But there's just there's hope it.
Speaker 1: Gets really rich. I can like get all the money back for for skill and stuff. I'll be like, all right, here's what skill cost you know what college costs.
Speaker 4: But he will he's so smart. Just hanging out with him this summer and stuff. I'm just like Jesus, or what's it? When was when we were in Scotland?
Speaker 3: July?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait when were we last there? It was for for fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Fourth of July. Were you there fourth of July? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was I there physically? I was there? Not so much? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah that was No, that was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: I think okay, because that's when everybody got COVID.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you get COVID?
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 2: We had a party that.
Speaker 1: Has everybody go good either, like fifty four people got COVID.
Speaker 2: I didn't get it and you didn't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think I'm filthy. I think I'm immune to everything. I think like you've never had COVID. No, yeah, you got it now? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I don't get sick that often. I get injured a lot, but not really sick.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean you live outdoors. I mean you're outdoors up right all the time, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that from Alaska?
Speaker 1: Is that you think it's like you were just like because in the summer in Alaska.
Speaker 2: You got to get as much as of it as you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're outside all the time. But in the winter outside all the time too, just kiss warmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But like I'm like an animal, like I have to be outside.
Speaker 4: I get like antsy if I'm inside too long, I'm gonna start like ripping things here soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing you chewing the carpet, but I thought I was discussed. It was late at night and you're having fun with those remember those Swedish people.
Speaker 4: Man, that was that boat trips or think they can? I thought I could drink and.
Speaker 2: Swedes like they take it to a different level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those those trips are so fun. I can't wait for another one, hopefully in Scotland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm taking a.
Speaker 3: Break from that for a while and then going. Yeah, main lobster season, all the stuff.
Speaker 2: All that stuff in New York City a lot for me. Now. I've had enough for the countryside for a while.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, it's it's so massive here, no denying it before.
Speaker 4: I think from being in the jungle so long and I've been spending so much time in all these little towns with like no power and stuff, and then coming here, it's like you're I'm just like, oh my god, as I'm eating a can of sardines and my hotel room.
Speaker 2: Talk to me for that.
Speaker 1: So was that like a detox from the just you can't go to a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Or no, I'm so cheap. I had leftover canned fish from Nicaragua. That's in my bag.
Speaker 2: I smuggled can fish into the country.
Speaker 3: That's all I eat. There was like Cantuna. There's like nothing in the your fingers smell like fish.
Speaker 1: No, fish finger probably will smell a bit like fish.
Speaker 2: I'm not aware of it right now, but I'm drinking coffee.
Speaker 4: I know we might we might have to eat something else tonight other than cantfish.
Speaker 3: I think I have one more can of sardines in my bag.
Speaker 2: Megan, my wife, your pal is on an airplane right now. She lands in about two or three hours.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: She's very excited to see. She told me to tell you she's very excited to see. Well, you guys are going for like a twelve hour brunch tomorrow or something.
Speaker 2: Is that the plant?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna like that sounds like day drinking to me.
Speaker 3: It's still going to be a lot of mimosas.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of mimosas and a lot of hopefully laughs, and a lot of tears and a lot of just boy talk.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want her, dude, boy, she didn't.
Speaker 4: And walk me through boards. I'm thirty six, and I'm still like, what's wrong with me?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 3: That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I think you has being like twenty three or something.
Speaker 4: Same year, and I still feel like, Yeah, I'm like, how am I I'm on the cusp of forty and I feel you're thirty six. I love getting older, though, like I that wareof really well, I feel more like I definitely I like myself more and I'm excited to get over this hump of sadness and like, did you like when your parents pass out? You just you're almost grieving your past self too, because I feel like I'm a completely different person than.
Speaker 2: You're a different person. Yeah, and that's okay.
Speaker 3: Energetically heavy, Like I just feel heavy.
Speaker 1: Well that I think that's grief. I don't I don't feel I don't look. Look, I'm not a doctor or therapist, right like that, but I'm your friend, and you seem okay to me. You know it's you're sad, but you know your dad died. If you weren't sad, that wouldn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just thinking about that the other day though, is like, am I ever going to feel light again? But then but then you have those moments where I did feel like they weren't like catching that wave, and I'm like, I feel a little bit of like old me again. But then again, everyone's like you have to grow and evolve, and like change. You should be changing, and so I'm like, yeah, I guess I shouldn't like always strive to be that like twenty three year old child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but changes. I mean, look, change is the law of the universe. You gotta change. Everything changes all the time, and people people don't like it, even even if they want it. It's difficult, you know when you know the quote I heard was maybe I made it up, but it changes the law of God's mind, and resistance to it is the source.
Speaker 3: Of old me Ooh, I love that. That might have to be our tattoo.
Speaker 2: Ohky, I was thinking more a skeleton mayor maid.
Speaker 1: Oh that could be Yeah, that could be really good, right, I was thinking that the thing is my friend or he's my friend Megan's cousin Tom.
Speaker 2: Have you met Tom? Maybe he's a pilot for American Airlines.
Speaker 1: He's like super high achiever, like Triple seven pilot, Like it's very cool.
Speaker 2: He's got a skeleton mermaid tattoo.
Speaker 1: So I can't really get one now because they don't look like I'm trying to copy Tom, which I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that's actually a good idea. That wait, say that quote one more time?
Speaker 1: Changes the law of God's mind and resistance to it is the source.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that one. I've been into quotes slightly.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I think who was it? Said about quotes?
Speaker 1: Gorvi dal Gorevidale said about quotes in the book Julian the Apostle, which is about the Roman emperor that tried to stop Christianity taking hold after the emperor Constantine. It's actually it's a great book. Actually, it's really fun. It's a fun book to read. It's good jokes in it and stuff. Okay, but Gorvidal was very funny. But he said, and I'm paraphrasing because if I quoted a quote about quotes, that would be too ironic even for me. So it's he says that people use quotes in order to make them sound as clever as the person who said the.
Speaker 3: Thing, darn it.
Speaker 1: But really they're just sure enough that they can remember a quote.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I well I had one for you because your podcast is joy and so one of my things for the last couple of years I wanted to go and take positive psychology. There's this professor at Harvard, sewn Acre.
Speaker 2: And I just I love what's positive psychology?
Speaker 3: I never heard the Study of Happiness and Joy Sean Acre, and I love so his quote about so happiness is a joy you feel while moving towards your full potential.
Speaker 2: Doesn't like that sounds a bit corporate to me.
Speaker 3: No, it's no. It was like, you feel so good when you're improving, like when you're like when you're growing and evolving and changes, like it's like when you're training for a marathon. It's could be painful, but then feel joy because you're like you're progressing or like you're you're.
Speaker 1: I think that I think that there's some truth to that. But I also think because because you know, I have children and I have to instill in them the idea that sometimes if you want something, it's it's difficult, you have to go through difficult Like if you want to learn how to play the guitar, you have to practice playing the guitar. If you want to learn how to surf, if you want to really enjoy surfing, learn how to surf. And every now and again you might break your fingers if you go night surfing and nickerag Have you ever even been attacked by a shark?
Speaker 3: By the way, No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Disappointed like I feel bad shark attack.
Speaker 4: We go back to that thing though, like, but don't you feel like just what you said though, that's you're still growing even though it was like pain, pain, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pain is what is it?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: There's there's another quote I wish I've never brought up that. I feel like gor Vidal's wanting me. Do you know I once went to a party and Gorfidale was there. He was very old. I didn't talk to him, and I wish I had.
Speaker 4: Oh, so you made it seem like he was like like hundreds of years old, Like this guy's is he alive?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, he died about ten or gorvii Dal he wrote some great books.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to have to write him down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wrote a book called Burr about the Burr Burr b u r R Aaron Burr, the guy. Have you seen Hamilton? I haven't, right, So he's the badd in Hamilton. He's one of the founding fathers and Gorvidal. Gorvidal would be furious that I used that as a reference point, but he was furious anyway.
Speaker 2: Though. He was a very air you die.
Speaker 1: He was a contemporary of Truman Capoti like so a fifties, sixties, seventies eighties writer.
Speaker 3: Burr.
Speaker 1: He wrote Burr Yeah, and it was a very good book about one of the founding fathers are Burr. And he wrote he was the guy that said, here's a quote, never turned down the opportunity to have sex or appear on television.
Speaker 3: I remember you saying I heard you say that one before.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I'm so I coached corn.
Speaker 1: I think I actually think that he's totally wrong. I think about ninety nine times out of one hundred, always turned down the idea the opportunity to have sex and to appear on television the same amount of times. But when I was younger, maybe I thought differently, But now I feel very differently. Always turned down the opportunity to have sex or money. Yes, yes, phase, Yes, I think it's a good thing. Like you go out and kind of like get your groove back still.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh? I love that movie.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's why I was like, I'm in my prime right now, I should be should be bone and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if that's what you want to.
Speaker 3: Do, my dad right now, Like I'll shut your mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, well that's the other thing too though. Now I feel like he's watching all the time, so I have to be on my best behavior all the time.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, should I be doing this? And I'm like, go go hang out with my sisters right now while you go do something stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're not that stupid now.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty smart.
Speaker 1: You kind of like you have adventures. I've seen you, like, you know, go off to places that are scary or not scary. I remember running into you in Paris. Remember so rare now to each other in Paris?
Speaker 3: In Paris.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds so international as well, doesn't it. We were just walking down to where were he wasn't it was?
Speaker 3: It was really And then we had pasta with you guys and my friend Simon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your friend Simon. How's he doing.
Speaker 3: He's good. He's in Toronto. Yeah, so and that's good. Yeah, he was. He was. He was like a business friend.
Speaker 2: He's a business Yeah.
Speaker 4: He helped me start a nonprofit. All right, what was popping bubbles? Suicide?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the suicide problem in Alaska.
Speaker 2: Are you still working with that?
Speaker 3: I need to get back on it. I stopped for like this last year.
Speaker 2: But you've been dealing with some years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know, Like so my whole theory now there is not a theory. But for me, I wanted to like inspire kids. Life could be amazing if you like, if you say yes to opportunities, if you give kids opportunities experiences. So the name came about. I was talking about how all of us live in our own little bubble. We're scared to leave the village or to try new things, or to talk to people that are different from us. And I think we would be happier and healthier if we pop each other's bubbles.
Speaker 3: So that's where the name I am.
Speaker 1: I think that you could expand that to people in their little villages online and their little villages and the news, and they're.
Speaker 3: Little everywhere, like all of us live in our low level.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can maybe have waymouth. As you're thirty six, we have friends, right, mm hmm. But I'm from the evil generation and you're from the good generation. Right.
Speaker 3: Why would you say you're from the evil generation?
Speaker 2: Well, apparently we're bad guys right now?
Speaker 5: Sixty two year olds, yeah, yeah, sixty one, sixty one, yeah, it's sixty two and like three four weeks like, knock it off, So why worry about not really for you, maybe people who are younger than you, it seems to me.
Speaker 2: And maybe I'm wrong about this.
Speaker 1: I'm parefully prepared to be wrong about this, but it seems to me that it's quite difficult for young people to talk to people they don't agree with, Like it's much more difficult than it used to be, Like if you don't agree with someone, you immediately get away.
Speaker 3: From them, or yeah, I see that.
Speaker 4: I see that, Like they're so afraid of like confrontation or from Yeah, just they don't even approach someone that's different.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, it seems weird to me.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like and look, clearly that's something they've been taught, so the responsibility for it doesn't fall on them, But.
Speaker 3: It seems like an error I think.
Speaker 1: So, you know, like if like I got friends, I've got friends, good friends that I think they're idiots. I have friends that I don't like anything about them much except in my friend.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't really explain it.
Speaker 4: It's like you could you still have like what I was going to say, you could have friends and not like them, Well you I don't know where I was going to go with that.
Speaker 2: I don't It's like you can like someone and disagree with them.
Speaker 3: Maybe, guys, that's a better way to prase, you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's like you can or not be threatened by a different point of view. I think the idea that you know, I'm going to try and force you to think the way I think. I'm not just I just don't think the way you think. But it doesn't mean I don't mean I'm going to try and get you to think the way I think. And I think that it's okay to.
Speaker 4: Like have different opinions and to like disagree with people that I think people think just because you disagree with someone, then you like immediately are like quarreling. I'm like you you could have different opinions.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: It's still I know.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I I don't want to be shipping on the youth. There's too much of that people my age. Young people, they're ship They're not shit, They're just young people. Everybody's different, But I do it does seem to be a thing like like comfort. Like it's like you say, confrontation is very difficult for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, you know what I think helps so much or has helped me. I think, like this is why I love traveling so much, just seeing how other people live and it makes oh god, it is. When I was in Nicaragua, I met in this little town, met people from the Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Slovakia.
Speaker 3: Is that a place Slovenia in both places, and maybe I think it was the one of the k Slovakia.
Speaker 4: But all, I mean all of us like just in this small little town, just like because our love of surfing and warm weather. But everyone was so caring and but so different and sounds like there was a lot.
Speaker 2: Of weed getting smoked. It was a lot of weed getting smoked.
Speaker 3: Not a lot.
Speaker 4: Actually it was more Tonia's, which is their local beer. It's just like water beer, but I mean it's it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty much water is just like really weak.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's super weak beer, but it's so good after you're like swimming all day. Right, But no, just like just all of us were so different, but we all like at the end of the day, we're so similar, like and it still blows my mind. Is twenty twenty four and people still there's still racism and like like a micro.
Speaker 2: It's really popular.
Speaker 1: Like now I thought that shit was like still and washed dnim and it was going to go away, but apparently here it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all back again.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you, like, if you get kids to travel, I think it's so important for them to see.
Speaker 2: That people from others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's hard though, I mean, travel is a luxury.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's always a hard one to talk about too, because I'm such a promoter of traveling and stuff, and then my I have some friends that are like, that's such a privilege.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: But then if you there's opportunities though for kids out there, for like scholarships and there's especially for Native kids.
Speaker 3: Man, we get so much free stuff. Yeah, but like if.
Speaker 4: You like maybe that's a bad thing that whatever, but we get a lot of we're like a lot of things thrown at us. And if like, man, when I was young, I raise my hand all the time like I'll go to Texas. Yeah, but I don't even know why I went by I've.
Speaker 1: Been a lot and a lot of times I don't know why I've had Nowadays, I kind of but here's the thing, you know, the popping bug bulls thing that you had about that, because there it was a real surge of juvenile or young people.
Speaker 4: I had twelve kids in my class and seven died by suicide.
Speaker 1: Was there any connection? Is there any connection to drugs with that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it downers? Is it like oxyconton and stuff?
Speaker 4: I know, I think, well, I don't know. I am so oblivious when it comes to drugs. But it's a lot of alcohol, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's the drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it's a real killer too.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: So many, so much undiagnosed mental health, like just like a lot of kids with depression.
Speaker 3: But we don't have therapists like we have.
Speaker 4: Well, like you have your auntie, but and you're not going to go spill your guts to your auntie.
Speaker 3: So there's just a lot of therapies.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting go I've fired a lot of therapy.
Speaker 4: You have been in therapy, Yeah, I did. I was like forced to go when I was younger. I was odd, But I'm so happy that I went like my parents, Like I was like in like seventh grade and I started going like I would. I would fly to the city. Though again, like I was so lucky growing up to have a family.
Speaker 2: Like your dad had these these airplanes, and.
Speaker 3: So I was able to like go and like.
Speaker 1: Just to be clear, though the airplanes were talking, we're not talking about you know, you're having these jets, these Alaskan Bush Pilot Rattler.
Speaker 4: They're like all seven seaters and then like we had some twelve seaters and caravans and stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they're the caravan. Yeah, the finest airplanes ever. I love that airplane so girthia and like strong. It's the suv of the sky. Yeah, it's a fantastic airplane. Did you ever fly in a TBM seven hundreds?
Speaker 3: Is that your No? No, that a trick question.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's got a pet sixty engines, so it's the same engine pretty much as the caravan.
Speaker 3: But it's like, you know, six seats. That's a rocket show, is it? Have you phown in an albatross?
Speaker 2: Aatross? No?
Speaker 4: Like that plane like it lands on the water on its belly. That one, Yeah, that one was my it's my favorite. It's so fun. Like my buddy has one in Utah and you'll like strip out the seats and just put like a disco wall. It's like a it's a party plane, so you like a party plane, but that's a fun one. But okay, this is I need to clear this up. So everyone assumes because I'm flying Wild Alaska that I'm like I know everything about airplanes.
Speaker 3: I know nothing. Oh yeah, I got like I could fly and stuff.
Speaker 4: But then like when it comes to like my sister's fight, Like my little sister flies helicopters and like caravans and all this stuff, but she's like the good pilot of the family. I just like, I have my private license, but people just assume that I'm like an awesome pilot, and I'm like, don't ask me any more questions.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of I haven't flewn a plane in quite a while.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you flew?
Speaker 2: You know what? There's that I had going a little r V six. You know what they are. It's like a it's a tricycle gear tail dragger.
Speaker 1: Really cool. Yeah, and it's it's it's like a kitplane shoe.
Speaker 3: Seater, like an ultra light type.
Speaker 2: No, it's bigger than that.
Speaker 1: It's pretty fast, but it's uh. I was flying it around the Scotland.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, we should get current.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should get current. Well current means that we have to get medical, right yep, So you'll have to wait till it's my fingers. You'll also have to let nicker you're aware off. I think you know what I'm saying. She needs to get your medical. Uh. And then three take off and take off and landings, and then for night you have to the reet take offs and landings at night and that.
Speaker 3: Probably it sounds doable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 4: It's such a good thing to have though, just just to be able to like go up for a couple of hours, so good for like for me.
Speaker 3: It's so peaceful up there, and.
Speaker 1: It's a different it's a different kind of meditation flying on an airplane on your own, on your own.
Speaker 2: That's a weird thing, isn't that it is?
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, it's like, oh man, I'm in control right now of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like there's no one I can't I can't get you know, there's nothing I can do.
Speaker 2: It's like it's all on me, right Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I want to get current. I need to.
Speaker 4: I was just in Florida doing this Drone Course Part one O seven. Now, you like, in order to fly a drone and get paid, you have to have this certificate.
Speaker 2: So the FAA now is good if.
Speaker 4: You, like, say, you post something on social media and a lot of people like when they're mountain biking or skiing or something, if they have a drone and they're flying it and then they're sponsored by like I don't know, they're sponsored by a shoe company or whatever, and you post it, like you legally could get fined. So if you, yeah, if you accept money as a drone, right.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: So it's like a commercial pilot's license, but for drawing it. Yeah, okay, yeah, probably a bit easier than a commercial pilot's license.
Speaker 3: It just it's like your ground school.
Speaker 4: Like there's a lot of rules, a lot of like learning about all the different class airspaces.
Speaker 1: And I imagine that's a big one because people flying drones near airports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, yeah, that's that's not clever. Yeah, that's yeah ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It is ridiculous. I'm at it.
Speaker 3: So are you having fun with this podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure for a little bit at first, because like everybody has a podcast, but as long as I keep it to And I've got this really strict rule about guests, like I only have guests if I want to talk to them. If you're doing a late night show, like if you're doing an hour every night, two guests a night, five finds a week, it's like you're going to talk to a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people that you don't really fucking care about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but once your one one hour a week doing this, yeah, I can keep it to just people I want to talk to. And I think it makes a difference to the conversations as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, did you what made you pick joy? The word?
Speaker 1: It was because everyone's so mad right now. Everything's so angry, and I kind of like, I have this thing and I've been talking to Megan about it too, your friend, my wife.
Speaker 2: I'm also friendly.
Speaker 1: But the news, any news that you get, I'm talking any news out, like even the reputable ones, the like the big now everything everything seems to be so based in fear, Like the hyperbole of any news report. Even the fucking weather. You know, you can't even say there's a cold front coming in, so get your jacket.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like the storm watch, danger alife. You go it's gonna rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes it's a real storm, and then you have to say that, But if you say that for every piece of weather, then that's going to listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or it seems like everything's gone crazy.
Speaker 1: Everything's so dire to get people's attention because, you know, because the nature of it's not like you buy a newspaper and then everything in it you own and you can read it when you want. It's like, unless you engage with the clique, it has no value to the person that's putting it out, So you have to go to it. So if you look at the news outlets, they're so hyperbolic, they're so frightening that I wanted to not do that. I want to try and find something that was at least a little bit in the opposite direction, like a change of course, a little bit not necessarily lighter. I don't I don't think it has to be frivolous, but to you know, like, here's a flying analogy, right, So if you start off from an airport and your two degrees off course, right, so at five miles from the airport to the year, it's no big deal. You just you know, correct it and you're back on course. If you stay off course, it keeps going and going. And now you know you've been flying for an hour and now you're five hundred miles from where you're meant to be and you're running out of gas.
Speaker 3: Done that before?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that that's that's what I wanted to do. Is like it's not a big correction, but just a little correction, just like you know, we'll talk about We talked today about difficult things. You talked about your dad, talked about grief, talking about These are all things we talked about, but we talked about them in a conversation, not in a way to try and not in a way to try and get people to give us money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. It's like and that's kind of what it is. I think. You know, look, I get paid for this, but I ain't.
Speaker 4: And I bet you're learning a lot so much too about his humanity and.
Speaker 3: Just do you think you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you feel like.
Speaker 3: You still have a lot to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, I think so. I think that.
Speaker 1: I also it's a different kind of thing because part of the agent process, I think, is one thing you've got to combat apart from looking like Santa. Is also the feeling that you know everything because you'll run into a bunch of people. I run into people a lot who I think, oh, you have done that and I didn't like it, do you know what I mean? So you have accumulated experiences, and the danger is is to especially if you have kids, I think, is to assume that you know more than them.
Speaker 2: I remember Milt.
Speaker 1: When he was about early teen sent me I was trying to get him to do something that he wasn't interested in, boxing or.
Speaker 2: Something, and it's like that's not his thing.
Speaker 1: And he was like, look, this might be a good school, a good skill to have if it's Scotland in nineteen seventy two. But it's not Scotland and it's not nineteen seventy two, so whatever you're trying to teach me that, yeah, I don't need that.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, I guess you're right. Yeah, so I think that that. Am I learning things?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I am. But but I'm having conversations that matter to me. Yeah, you know, like this one.
Speaker 1: You know, I talk to people that and I've talked to people that I didn't know, and suddenly I'm like, oh, right, that's I really didn't know that. So, yeah, I guess to ask you a question, Yeah, I'm learning thing.
Speaker 4: I thought like, yeah, I definitely thought by now i'd have a lot more things figured out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I think people think that all the way to the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just like, yeah, I'm just like, man, I still don't know like what I'm doing, Like.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm doing. I'm like, I sort of know what i'm doing, but I'm like, yeah, they're even like taxes or like just stuff like that. I'm like, yeah, I think I was so sheltered just like AGA because my parents were like they just did so much. And now I'm just like Jesus, I am so behind.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I don't do mine, but I do have a guy that I pay him.
Speaker 2: He doesn't do it for nothing.
Speaker 1: He doesn't go, hey, hell, they're your taxes because you know, I liked you on DVA.
Speaker 3: But not even just taxes, just like relationships or like all the stuff like those they're hard.
Speaker 4: And then and then there's so many amazing people out there, like how am we you supposed to just pick one person?
Speaker 2: Well maybe you or not, maybe that's not for you, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or like kids.
Speaker 4: Everyone's like, you're gonna want kids. I'm like, I don't think so, don't.
Speaker 1: You don't you know, I mean, it's okay, it looks like it's other people's ship, you know.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think you got to try and live an authentic life. It's very difficult.
Speaker 1: I felt as very much when I was in the thralls of the corporate machine. I mean, look, I'm not gonna lie to you. That's even this podcast is going to buy a corporate entity. I'm sure I don't ever see anybody, but you know, if I go into trouble, I'm sure they ditch me in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: But in the corporate world I always felt there.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like you were in the core of some fucking mad Austrian emperor and there was a set of you know, you know, manners that you must fall like, you've got to have kids by then, You've got to like this kind of sport, You've got to wear these kind of pants, You've got to do it. And I was like, I can't fucking do yeah, you know, and what you what you start to realize. What I started to realize is that the people I gravitate towards have the same difficulties. When I was thirty six years old, I had no fucking idea what I wanted to do. I am nearly sixty two. I have no fucking idea.
Speaker 3: Relief, let yourself off the fuck and.
Speaker 1: People telling you how to be. You don't want kids to have kids? You want kids?
Speaker 2: Have kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay if.
Speaker 2: You have them. It cuts down in your nighttime surfing.
Speaker 3: My night time surfing. Yeah, I got a van, so now I want I'm just gonna.
Speaker 2: Live that training wheels. Get a van and then a kid.
Speaker 3: I see, and maybe a plant some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plan a plant along the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, other than that.
Speaker 2: So also with kids, you know, they're a lot. It's a lot of it's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I watched my friends for like an hour, and I like age twenty years. I'm like, oh my god, how do you guys do it all the time? You know?
Speaker 1: The ones that get me is when you see the single moms, single moms with like two or three kids, I'm like, I have a fucking idea, did you do that? It's like like and they have jobs and they work. When people are kind of like this idea of the intensity of the workload of that.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, I could barely take care of myself and then I'm like supposed to take care of another yang. I'm like, I'm good, and I think I'm too selfish. Like I like my freedom. I like just being able to get up and get on a train to New York or like, yeah, I don't know, I like, I don't know, it seems like it would be so constricting.
Speaker 2: Well it is, but it's worth it, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I I don't regret it for a heartbeat. Oh yeah, but I do. I you know, it is what it is. Yeah, you know, it's like I can't of imagine my life without my son's.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh I love your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of fond of them, you know, but you know, but I don't expect them to be me, you know. Or and look, you know we started when we were talking about your dad. I really got a very strong sense to your dad that he was like be who you are.
Speaker 3: That's he was the best dad. He was.
Speaker 4: So he made me believe that I could be in the NBA, Like when I told him goals and dreams of mine like that, was our one of our big things. Like I love telling him like goals that I want to set or and he was so supportive.
Speaker 3: But there yeah, there was a.
Speaker 4: Time where I definitely thought I was going to be in the NBA and he like made me believe it, but he was, Yeah. He My favorite thing to do was to like like make him like in awe, like even like to go to Scotland with Craig. He's like, how the heck did this happen? But like to fascinate him, like I love fascinating him, and then calling him from the jungle and that like my last tattoo is his handwriting, because every time he like hung up on the phone, he'll be, Okay, careful, it's jungle out there. And so his last Valentine's Day card to me he wrote that, and so I have it in his handwriting. But he like I just call him every day and he's like, Okay, where in the.
Speaker 3: World are you?
Speaker 4: And then just to tell him stories like was That's why I missed the most. I think it's just calling him all the time and like just yeah, just trying to not impress him, but just trying to like because he didn't get to travel a lot. Like he's a Minnesota farm boy that ended up in the village.
Speaker 1: He's a Minnesota farm boy that ended up a fucking badass Alaska bush pipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say I'm sure, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean that's amazing, Like he created this like the most beautiful, like amazing company. Yeah, and like yeah, but that's Everyone's like, what where did you get your like one like sense of like wonder or like adventure. And I'm like, shit, it was my dad, Like he left his whole family and ended up in the middle of nowhere, Alaska, and like yeah, and so I was like, oh man, I got it from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I still kind of every now and again. I can't call my parents on the telephone, but I still kind of think about them when something happens, like usually like when with me, now it's usually with the kids.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you see with us.
Speaker 1: You see this like you know, because my dad didn't want to pain of shoes until he was eleven years old and then, you know, I mean, it's like the difference from that to you know, where my kids are.
Speaker 2: That's one you know, this is grand cho.
Speaker 3: Yeah so crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all right. They don't you don't stop that. I don't think you can stop. You still impress them, I.
Speaker 3: Think, Yeah, hope hopefully, well.
Speaker 1: You impress the share anyway, we'll we'll stop this now and then we're about to lose it, and then we'll we'll go and meet Megan and you two can have your twenty four hour alcohol brain.
Speaker 3: Mola says, you'll have to join us to No, I want no.
Speaker 2: Part of this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just I'm gonna wait until you're at the Hangover stage and then come back and judge you both.
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect, That sounds fair. Thank you, Craig,