Speaker 1: Hey folks, as Lyle, before we get started, I have a weird one for you. If for some reason, you or someone you know lives in the vicinity of Tokyo, Japan, I am doing a live Gecko show there at the Tokyo Comedy Bar on December eleventh, and I have put the ticket link in the description if you live in Japan and you would like to go. I have no idea if anyone who listens to this podcast lives in Tokyo, Japan, but if you do, I would love to see you at the show. I also plan on doing a much larger tour in twenty twenty three. I will be going to many places in the United States. I'll be going to many places in Europe. I'll be hitting Australia, I'm hitting Alaska, and I have never been more excited for anything in my entire life. I just finished up this first ten city tour and it was a blast and the shows were great, and I want to thank everyone who came out to see Therapy Gecko live. It is now my favorite thing to do and I am excited to be doing it in your city sometime next year, and also in Japan in a month. If you want to come see me in fucking Japan. I also got a ton of emails from you guys, overwhelmingly telling me to keep the background jazz music in during the show, and so I will be keeping it. And I want to thank you guys for sending me very thoughtful emails to me, not just about the jazz music, but about you know how much you like listening to this thing. And it was very sweet and it makes me want to keep doing this forever, or at least until I turn into dust and die. All right, intro over, Let's get to the show.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, this love? Yeah, who is this?
Speaker 1: This is a wrap?
Speaker 2: I called in a year ago. I don't know if it was exactly a year ago. Definitely wasn't on Halloween, but it was around this time. Mm hmm, yeah, Uh, it's not back.
Speaker 1: You called in a year ago? What did you call in? Talk to me about a year ago?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I called in because I was having some trouble with with my girlfriend, not not specifically with her, but with her parents. I I doubt you remember. It wasn't very definitely not the most groundbreaking conversation on the planet, not because the view, probably because of me, but they were they were essentially, uh, forcing us to to break up. Uh, And I honestly, like, I don't really remember why too much. I don't think they had any reason to begin with, but I have a pretty bad memory.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm looking, hold on, I'm actually I'm looking right now, Rafa Rafael.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Correct, Your note that the call screen wrote about your call from a year ago is still here on this phone number. It is, it's still here. You call it October eleventh. It said you've been dating a girl for two years. The girl's parents don't like you, and they gave your girlfriend an ultimatum to either break up with you or they were going to cut her off from the family entirely. And that was that was the premise of what you called in about a year ago. I don't remember. Do you remember what I said to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually, you gave me some advice. I'm not going to tell you that it was bad advice.
Speaker 1: I don't tell me what. Stop with the truth. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Like, I honestly thought it was really good advice, but I just didn't listen. I would have probably given anybody else that exact same advice. And uh, pretty much what you told me is that it wasn't worth it because I was too young to be dealing with this sort of stuff, and that we hadn't been dating for so long, so it wouldn't be worth like the psychological straining of it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Uh, And then what did you end up doing?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? I just ignored it and it went away on its own.
Speaker 1: It went on had to go away on its own.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it's not like it's not like a completely when I want on its own. It's just like so her parents started just caring less and less about me as time went on and about this whole dilemma. They never ended up taking any action on the ultimatum, and then eventually they just got I guess got over it and just became less horrible.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They're still bad, but they're no longer, you know, peting on my life directly, which is nice on our life at least.
Speaker 1: Are you guys still together?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we've we've were going on three years now in December, are you yes? Three?
Speaker 1: Are you feeling happy and good about life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I was gonna say, like, it's I'm glad I didn't take your advice, even though it was great advice, but I mean, you know, great advice. I guess what I learned is that doesn't always solve the problem.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm like, you know, no, you keep going. I have my thoughts, but you tell me, tell me.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, So pretty much like my life is not just relationship wise since but like been like it's probably like five times better from where I was. And I was, like, honestly, even in hindsight, living a pretty great life. As it was like I'm not like starving or anything, and I'm doing pretty good, and now it's just even better. I ended up dropping out of college and I'm still with the same girl and I have like a nice job, and it's it's going really well.
Speaker 1: Happy to hear that. I'm glad to hear that, because I mean, this is why I'm going to say this. And if I'm sure, if a person wanted to go back and listen to every single phone call i'p taken on my podcast, they could say that I'm lying and it would be I contradicted myself here. But I try not successfully. I don't hold to this all the time, but I try not to tell people expressly what to do. I'm sure I do it all the time. I'm sure you can find many, many, many examples of me doing it, But I try not to tell people expressly what to do because I mean, look, I could have my own opinions about you know, you being in that situation, and I told you that you should leave, But I mean, what the fuck do I know about your life and what makes you happy? And that's why I try not to tell people what to do. And I'm very glad to hear that I was wrong and that things worked out for you, because it reinforces my idea that I should not be telling people what to do because he sounds like you're happy and that you do not regret staying with this girl. And dude, it's all very situation dependent because people come in here and they're like, I'm, you know, nineteen, and I'm having this problem with my significant other, and I'm like, ah, why you're so young while you're dealing with this crap. You should leave, and they do and they're happy. And then there's you know, people this I'm talking to you right now. You're an example of I stayed and I'm happy, and so it further reinforces this hypothesis that I've always had which is that I have no idea what I am talking about, and that's great, that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like I'm probably one of Oh okay, I'm not going to say that's a bit of a I have no uh science to back that up. But I'm a very big cent of the show I think I've seen. I'm not a big fan of watching twitch streams, so I'm sorry. I'm not like never on here, but I've seen every podcast episode and I go back and rewatch old ones like all the time. So I'm not going to tell you that you're doing a terrible job. And honestly, man like, even if you're just like talking to people, I think a lot of what therapy is and even what you do is is just helping people like talk it through. Because I at the moment when I called, I had no idea what I was doing, and I was like panicking and I was having to have a whole freak show, and you, I guess, like talk me through it. And even though you gave me advice that I ended up not following, it gave me like a new perspective and I think it called me to calm me down a little bit.
Speaker 1: More Okay, good. I'm glad to hear that. That's why, like I said, I'm trying again, I'm not a real therapist or anything, but I'm trying not to tell people what to do, but you know, talk with them about whatever's going on, so that maybe a conclusion has arrived to on your own, which is better because I'm not going to know your life as well as you do after a ten minute phone call. But I raf I appreciate you calling in with this update. This has been helpful for me, and I'm glad to still hear for you. I'm glad you're still listening to the pod after a year.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I just I saw it on the disc where they were doing the stream tonight and I was like, man, that's sinning your fuck it. I'll come back in a fill them in. I guess I'll come back a year from now and give you another filling. Maybe things are working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come back a year from them, maybe you'll be see maybe a year from now you'll be like extremely unhappy and you'll be like, man, GEK, I really should have taken your advice, after all, saved myself many years.
Speaker 2: And then two years yeah, and then two years I'll be like that gag. It's didn't even better than a oh yeah, and I'll just keep calling you.
Speaker 1: Never know, life is infinite, could go infinite directions. I hope it goes in a positive one for you.
Speaker 2: For you too, them you you're doing great out here. I hope uh you get more successful than you.
Speaker 1: Are any last words for the people the computer.
Speaker 2: Wrath to anybody who's watching them might know me, I love you all.
Speaker 1: Wrath forever. Take care man, you too? That was interesting. Yeah, you know, I'm hammering into my head the idea this thing has evolved a lot in terms of how I think about it personally. I don't want to put myself out there as a therapist or even put myself out there that we have to talk about problems. You know, I have people on this podcast. They don't call in even with a problem. They just are like, Oh, here's something interesting going on in my life, or here's something I wanted to talk about. You know, it's not even this isn't even a podcast about problems necessarily. It's it's it's about being a gecko and talking to people about anything, not necessarily the problems, but in the change. But yes, a lot of the times it's about problems, and I'm trying to be more cognizant. And again I'm not perfect, and yes, you could pull up many examples of me doing it, but I'm trying to not give direct orders, of of of directions to move forward and more just like talking to people about what's going on, because I really have no fucking idea. And maybe if he had taken my advice at the time and broken up with that girl, he'd be I mean, fuck it. He doesn't know he could have been in a much better situation. He has no fucking idea. Neither do I. Maybe he broke up with this girl and then he did something and then he's even happier. But it worked out for him, and that's the thing. He's made his decision, and he's following his decision wherever it goes and making the best of it. And we have no fucking idea what the results of the other decision would have been. That's the infinite timeline of life. All right, all right, take another call. What's your name, Savannah, Savannah? What's going on with you today?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Right now, A lot of stuff not what I called in for. But found out that like my dad's like possibly cheating on my mom. But that's like a whole different thing.
Speaker 1: What did it tell me? Let's talk about what you called in to talk about. What is it that you called in to talk about.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of issues with saying no, and it impacts my life in a lot of ways. The funniest and like most prominent thing is that I drank blood, which is what I told the call screener.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so I wanna do I wanna start. We're going to get into your drinking blood. Don't think I'm not going to gloss over that. Don't worry, but start. Why do you have an issue saying no? Or what? Tell me this? What kinds of things do you have an issue saying no too?
Speaker 3: Just like anything, if someone asks me to do anything, I'll like I kind of like sacrifice what I think is best for myself to keep people happy.
Speaker 1: Okay, h yeah, why why do you Why do you think you do that?
Speaker 3: I think it was a lot because of like my upbringing.
Speaker 1: What about your pace?
Speaker 3: Like my parents were it was an argumentative household when I was growing up and still is. But I would feel like I would be like pressured into doing things or like taking up for people, and I didn't feel like I should even that I did.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so would you say this is a problem that stems from being too invested in other people's opinions of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've had some like self conscious issues.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel sold in other people's opinions of you?
Speaker 3: Because I have a low opinion of myself.
Speaker 1: Probably Why do you have a low opinion of yourself?
Speaker 3: I don't know. People tell me that I shouldn't, but it's just hard, you know how self confidence is? O? Yeah, like you just feel like you're left man, especially like coming from the I'm in college now, but coming from like the type of school I did, Like I was gonna poverty stricken household with a bunch of people that were, like, are wealthier than I was, And I felt like I had to.
Speaker 5: Lie a lot to keep that positive.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know perception of me going.
Speaker 1: M Can I ask you is one is coming from a house is not having a lot of money or not having as much money as the kids you went to school with a thing that makes you feel bad about yourself.
Speaker 3: It used to not so much any more, not like putting back on it. It's like silly, but back then it was a huge issue. And then also like struggling with weight problems, which I don't really deal with now.
Speaker 2: But it's like.
Speaker 3: But like I've lost weight, but it's like that body this morphia is still lasting. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what Okay? So in your life right now, what are things that you feel self conscious about?
Speaker 3: My intelligence?
Speaker 5: So like how I look, how like how.
Speaker 3: People want if people want to be with me? Mm hm, like out with them?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I get like whenever I hang out with people sometimes they get really into my head thinking like well, what it's like self sabotaging obviously, but it's like what if what if? Like they're not having a good time, and then I just get into my head about it.
Speaker 1: You know, I I'm I have a theory about this, and I'm not a real therapist, and I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I have a theory about this, and I kind of want to talk with you about it. So your self consciousness or your your your confidence in yourself, Like to start, let's figure out if the things that you're self conscious about are things that you have decided are are important things that you are not up to the part of, or if they're things that your parents and your schoolmates and other people have decided are important that you're not living up to I mean a great eg That's why I asked you about the I mean looks for example, like who decide who decided that it was important to weigh a certain amount or to look a certain way and that you're not living up to it? Was it you or was it the people around you and your parents who decided? I mean intelligence is an interesting example because who decides what makes a person intelligent? Are you going off of the bar set by your parents and by society and by your classmates, or are you going off of your personal thoughts, feelings and philosophies on what makes an intelligent person? And so to start there is like defining what are virtuous traits for a person to have? And are those definitions that you're currently abiding by? Are they really yours? Or are they things that you picked up from your parents, or from society or from your classmates. And I ask you that question.
Speaker 3: It's definite because I probably wouldn't have these perceptions if it didn't come from my parents or my schoolmates. Like everyone at school being like, oh, I just got like an as on this, I'm so dumb, Like my parents being like, uh well my dad must leave at him being like you're stupid, or like my mom's calling me ease even though she struggles with weight problems herself, stuff like that. So I wouldn't have these perceptions if it wasn't for the media and the people around me. That's like really interesting.
Speaker 1: So okay, well so let me all right. So so you've decided that the things that you feel self conscious about that you're not living up to are not even things that you decided, And so what if we So if we threw them out and we were just starting from scratch and we were like, okay, in Savannah's eyes, what makes a person good? Or what are good traits for a person to have? So what do you believe good traits for a person to have?
Speaker 3: Being caring to others? Okay, like just putting like your utmost like positive energy, chief when you can for it's the world, Being nice, like just like being there for people to listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know, no, there's a great things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't have any anything to do is collect or like like body shoes or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't at all, and that's great, Okay. So, so to summarize the things you just said, being carrying the people, listening to people, and I'm not by I'm not saying these are this is these are no one else's definitions of what a good person should be. But yours being hind to people, carrying the people, being positive? Do you do you believe that? Maybe not one hundred percent of the time, because nobody is the most amazing person ever one hundred percent of the time. But are you at least trying the best you can with what you have and your human finite amount of energy to be a good listener, to be kind and to be positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fantastic, definitely.
Speaker 1: So if you're doing that when you're standing at the party and you're wondering if people want to be around you or whatever, it doesn't even it doesn't matter because you're doing the best you can in your finite human energy and mental capacity to be caring, to be positive, to be kind, and that's all that fucking matters to you, and you own that, and that you decided that your society didn't decide that your parents didn't decide that and so that's that's what you cling to in those moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suffer with like disassociation and those kinds of things, like thinking of that would probably help with grounding, right you know, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I relate. I relate to this. I'm thinking I've thought about this in my own life, you know, because as you navigate and do things, everyone has their opinions and everyone has their their stories and everyone has their own perceptions. End up trying to reel back and go, Okay, well, how do I perceive myself? And am I how am I?
Speaker 2: Am?
Speaker 1: I perceiving myself based on a rubric that I've decided on my own as to how a person should be or how random people have decided. And so I'm the thing I'm telling you about is something I'm trying to work on on my own. Yaw, we are we are? So yeah, man, I just I hope that I hope is that's helpful framing for you, you know, like if you ever whatever your mom is saying, whatever other kids in school or whatever is happening, that you're just like, at the end of the day, I am confident, that's yours is a self confidence thing. I'm confident that I am doing the best I can in my finite human energy and mental capacity to be kind, to be a good listener, to be positive, and that is that period is all that matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking about that.
Speaker 1: It's thinking, Savannah, is there any other aspect of anything that you feel like we didn't get to talk about or anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: We didn't. We didn't talk about with drinking blood thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, we totally didn't talk about the drinking blood. Okay, Yeah, I feel like we got to such a positive place now that I like, I'm conflicted because we got to a positive place now and I don't want to bring you back to a story where you refuse to say no. But I also totally want to hear a story about you drinking blood. So it's up to you if you.
Speaker 3: Want to tell it. It's not really that deep. It's more funny thinking back on it at the time what.
Speaker 1: Happens.
Speaker 3: My cousin is listening, probably laughing. But so I was with this guy who is a janitor at my work and I we started seeing each other and he like he was kind of off And it's not like his fault. He deals with like issues of his But at one point, like I was struggling in school. This is last year. I was struggling in school and I was at his house and he was like he's like, here, drink this, and I was like, what is it? And he was like if he didn't answer, and he was like, it'll help you do better at school, and I don't. I just couldn't say no because it's like when you're in front of someone, it's hard to just like or at least for me, it's like hard to just reject something. And so I was like, Okay, I drank it and it was red and it tasted like vinegar. It was like definitely diluted. I think that it was like, well, it was definitely blood mixed with vinegar. But like how I found out that it was blood was because I was like talking to one of our mutual friends about it and he was like, oh yeah, Matt, like he believes that, oh, I said distant. He believes that he's like the spawn of the devil and that was like definitely his blood. And like this guy, he's like he's really just like sussed about everything, like he threw away his phone because he thought that like the FBI was after him stuff like that, and so I was like, okay, well damn. So I saw him again and it was like I saw that he had like self mutilated himself, so it was his blood and he was giving it to me because he thought it was the elixir of life and like would actually help me, which is really sweet, but like thinking back on it, it's like I should have said no. But yeah, at one point towards the end of the whole thing, I was like, I need to like get out of this, like stop really like cut contact a little bit. And he showed up to work with like a key chain of mine and like was crying. Not this was before I cut contact, but he I guess. My friend called me later in the night while I was at work and was like I just saw him like outside of your house with police. Do you know what's going on? And I was like, well, he just did this thing him. That's weird. And it's like so I found out he got a DUI and he thought that he was drinking and was driving afterwards because he thought that I was like cheating on him, which I wasn't, And I showed him proof of that, and I was like, this is like too impulsive for me. But thinking back on it, I should have just like said no to like the first red flag, I guess.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Savan, I'm gonna tell you something. Yeah, I think to hear you say that this guy offered you his blood, uh with the intentions of healing you and doing good things for you, and to hear you say that that was sweet of him really indicate to me the kind of person. You are. Very positive, having very uh good view of people and of the world, and I really fucking hope that you are able to maintain that but prevent it from guiding you towards situations that are very not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have issues with that, I get myself into trouble, but at least I'm optimistic about it. I guess.
Speaker 1: Just just keep being positive about the world, Savannah. But fucking be careful, man, Thank you gik Okay, all right, care Savannah. That person is too pure for the universe. I have, no, I don't have. I don't know what else to say about the the blood thing. I hope that she takes into account some of the things that we talked about and uses it to form a better uh foundation of self confidence. Hopefully from that foundation of self confidence, she sets better boundaries and does not drink people's blood. I think she's gonna be okay. I hope. Hello, Hello, Lyle, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing all right? And thank you as much for taking my.
Speaker 1: Call of course? How you doing? Does?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Uh? How can I get you?
Speaker 2: Then there this woman that I met through work.
Speaker 6: You know, she's about my age. She uh isn't the same things I'm into, really laid back. She's got three kids, which is kind of why pursuing a relationship with her was not particularly on my mind. You know, she was definitely someone we could have to sling with and uh, you know, definitely still you know, really respect her and her relationship, but as far as pursuing anything long term, it's something that I don't see myself in. And you know, I'm very much of the thought that you know, she's she's a single mom. You know, she's had boyfriend doughter off, but all in all, a single mom, and she's got a lot going on ex husbands to deal with. And as much as I really love and care for her kids, I don't think I could ever step into a role of being parent and being supportive.
Speaker 1: And being does does. I'm extremely does. I'm confused to what your current relationship is with this woman because you seemed to know a lot about her her life. You say you've met her kids, and you know about her ex husband, and you seem to have a wide, uh scope of knowledge as to her existence. What's your current relationship like with this person?
Speaker 6: We're great friends. We've been friends for years now. I'm again I met her through work. She was my supervisor, and we actually started hanging out because one of her ex boyfriend was a coworker of mine, and we just started talking that way, and next thing, you know, he ended up out of the picture. And I'm just, you know, kind of the friend hanging out and she started expressing interest to me, but I felt like she was in a rough place at the time, and you know, so I guess kind of boots away, you know, sort of brushed it to the side. I didn't try taking it very seriously because I didn't think she was in a position.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so does so so right now? Okay, so you guys have been friends for a while, and what is it exactly that you uh want from this person. You say that you are not interested in a relationship with her because you don't want to take care of her kids, You don't want to be uh.
Speaker 6: Uh it sounds bad when I say.
Speaker 1: Does does? Does? Does? There's no sounds bad, there's just what is Okay? What is it that you want from this person?
Speaker 6: Uh? I just want a long lasting friendship. That's really all I see her as. And you know, it's something that outside of the children, there are some things about her that just I don't like it. A partner? Is it very a given a partner? You know?
Speaker 1: Wa, what do we what are we talking about? He because at the very beginning of this, you're talking about how this person is romantically interested in you and you're romantically interested in her, but she has.
Speaker 6: I'm not that's the thing. I'm not a nice advance.
Speaker 1: So so so what's so what's the deal here? Uh?
Speaker 6: She's son you know, very explicit interest in me before, and she's always been a very uh what you call her joke's always kind of sexual. You know, it's just her brand of humor and stuff. And it's something that I noticed she kind of does to everybody. Okay, but she'll do with me in front of her boyfriend, Okay, and it makes me kind of uncomfortable knowing that she has expressed interest in me and continues to kind of do these kind of jokes towards me. I mean, there's been time she's so so all right.
Speaker 1: So so is your I'm just trying to get a handle what your conflict is. You are friends with this woman. She's making like these sexual jokes to you, and they're making you uncomfortable. M hmm, Okay, why don't you just express to her that they're making you uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: I think I'm very afraid of direct conflict just in general in life, and I'm very afraid that she'll just completely withdraw herself. She'll feel like she can't joke at all, when in reality, it's just like I would appreciate it if she took it down or not. You know, she doesn't always need to be smacking my ass when I passed by her getting a beer in the kitchen or something, or she refers to me as you know, her side piece in front of her boyfriend, and you know, he had to laugh at it, but I feel like it's it's kind of rude and disrespectful to him.
Speaker 1: You know m hm, well does Okay, so you don't want her to be making all these sexual jokes to you, but you're afraid of direct conflict. Why are you afraid of direct conflict?
Speaker 6: I think a lot of it is just because I don't want to lose a friendship. You know, she's again, she's a very wonderful woman, just not anyone that I could see myself with, and I'm afraid that, you know, shooting her down like that is just gonna make her not want to.
Speaker 3: Be my friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I mean, you know, does listen, if this person is worth being friends with, uh, she will not explode at you when you tell her, uh not to smack your ass, And if she does, she's probably not worth being friends with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's respecting boundaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you know, I think there's a thing and I'm in the I'm sort of u labbing this out in my own human interactions, but I actually think that when you do establish these boundaries with people, you would think that they would get upset with you. But in reality, when you have these uncomfortable confrontations, there are they almost become like healing moments where the person is like, oh, shit, I didn't realize I was upsetting you. And then you're you get to explain your piece that you've been holding out on, maybe she explains some of her thoughts and pieces she's been holding out on, and then it actually goes from this thing that you thought was going to be a big explosive mess to to a healing moment. And if it does become a big explosive mess, then know why the fuck would you want to be friends with this person who's going off on you because you're expressing how you feel about this thing, versus the potential for it to be a healing moment that I'll actually make your friendship stronger. Either way, both are good outcomes because if it is an explosive moment, then you go, okay, great, I have no need to put my time and energy into this person anymore. And if it's a healing moment, then the friendship grows, so you only have things to gain from this.
Speaker 6: Des I've been worried, you know, it's just not the rest with her, but I've met so many people through her, and you know, just I guess, just kind of upsetting the social balance is always something that spoos me. So yeah, but it is a good sort of I guess vetting tool.
Speaker 1: Definitely. What do you mean by upset the social balance?
Speaker 6: Well, I I've not been the you know, the biggest social butterfly. You know, my social circle is more of a dot if anything. And to her, I've met a good half a dozen other people that have become fast friends and I really care for them. You know, We've gone camping together, uh well, planning on going to a rent fair and stuff like that. You know, it's it's been really good for me socially. And it's not only you know, the fear of losing that one friend, it's losing the connections that I've had with her because they'll feel like I feel like you know her and any friend group did some sort of conflicts, people tend to choose side and.
Speaker 1: Does does I want I want I want you, I want you to, I want you to, I want you to know something And I really do believe this. You deserve a lot better in this life then to feel as though the only shot you have at a social life is being gate kept by one individual person in your relationship with them. You should not feel like that. You deserve to feel a greater sense of abundance than that. It pains me to hear you. You you feel like you're you're shot at uh meaningful connections with other people? Is gate cap is geate kept by a singular entity, because that's that's not the reality of your world, even though you may think it is. And even if it is, which it is not. And everything to do with this woman, regardless it's not, it's a must important thing you should know. Even if it was, it wouldn't it wouldn't be worth it if you just had to put up with this woman's shit when you don't want to in the name of these other people. But there is so much more abundance for you than that. Do you do you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I yeah, it's you know, I'm just.
Speaker 4: It is it is.
Speaker 6: It's scary, though you're completely correct. I know where you're coming from. By the end of the day, you know, it's just putting myself out there has always been a fear of mine, and knowing her and knowing more people has helped me get over that. And so it almost feels like, yeah, it almost feels like I'm scared to hurt the person who I.
Speaker 2: Know has helped me totally.
Speaker 1: And it's it is. I know, I know it's scary. I know it's scary. It doesn't come that, it does not is for some people it just doesn't come natural to to to be able to put themselves out there. But and I said three times right, I'll say it again because it's the very important I feel like for you to understand, is that your social life, your ability to have meaningful connections with other people, is not, cannot should not be gate kept by one singular person, even if that person is awesome and not a douche. It's not gate capped by one person you have.
Speaker 6: You have is so awesome, she really is okay.
Speaker 7: But this is about even if, even if even if she is, even if she is dead, you your ability to have a fulfilling social life is not gate kept by any one entity.
Speaker 1: It's it's only uh uh, you know, affected by your personal willingness to put yourself out there. So really internalize that first of all. That's like step one. I mean, that's all I'm saying. All the shit now. I know it's a hard thing to actually do, especially if you've had so many years of it being difficult to put yourself out there. But I just I I hate you feeling like you know, it's this woman and her friends or complete isolation, you know, I mean, that's just not true. So I would say this two things. Feel comfortable with setting your boundaries with this person, and then learn how to put yourself out there. That could be another thing that we could talk about for another hour. Then I I don't know if I'm you know, that's that's a whole other can of worms.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's multitudes do this that you know I'm holding back because I know I can't take this whole time, but I'm so thankful for you speaking to me.
Speaker 1: Man for sure, And okay, if we can't, and here's the thing, I just if I can say anything, I don't know. I don't know what the things are you're holding back. I don't know if it's like a mental disorder. I don't know what it is that you're holding back on me. That is the thing that is blocking you from being able to put yourself out there. But I do believe even if you're not going to be even if you're not gonna be the fucking guy who goes out to a bar by himself and is like, hey, everybody, what we're doing? What are we doing? I do believe that there are avenues for you to put yourself out there, even within what you perceive to be uh your boundaries. So at least believe that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'll believe in the you that believes in me.
Speaker 1: Awesome, thank you for calling GZ, Thank you good evening, you too. I like that guy. I like that guy. I don't know anything about the one, but she doesn't even matter because I hated the idea that he was like, oh, I need to make sure I just like I need to make sure. I hated the idea that he was, like, my social life is dependent upon this woman, and so all of my actions and words have to revolve around did not not, as he said, not upsetting the social balance, which I don't. I don't know what has happened to him in his life or what has his thoughts have been to lead him there, but I want him to know it's not. He deserves better than to be there mentally, you know, And it's a tough for I don't know. I don't have like a magical fucking pep talk or or or fairy dust to put someone towards the path of being able to put themselves out there more. I'm sure there's whatever people who've written things about this that are a little bit more concrete on that, But I just I just, if anything, Step one is realizing he should not be there. I am a man on the internet in a Gecko costume in the sky, on the website where Swedish kids yell at each other and play Fortnite. Just remember that Hello, Hello, who is this?
Speaker 2: This is Keith? First of all, do you know bird jokes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Awkward?
Speaker 4: Sorry Keith.
Speaker 1: It says here that you were almost fired after you a rap song that you made.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I made a rap song, very vulgar, you know, the first songs that I really made. So I was super excited to like kind of show it all off. So I showed it off to some people at work. Well, you know, probably not the smartest idea. And then uh, then there's this girl I got kind of intimate with and uh we stopped talking. Then she hit me up and I was like, hey, I made a rap song. She's like, oh, let me hear it. I don't know, it's kind of vulgar, so uh she's like, oh come on. So I sent it to her and uh within.
Speaker 4: A couple of days she she told work, and I got called down to HR you know, and almost got fired for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what exactly is vulgar about the song?
Speaker 2: Well, I can, uh, I can do a little snippet.
Speaker 4: For you if you like.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm nervous to hear it.
Speaker 2: But sure, okay, Well it's it's this isn't a very bad there's much more worse part. This is just like the favorite part that everyone loves. It goes, Uh, I'm a dreamer, I'm a mema conspiracy, believe a nine to eleven never happened? Got the mask, she's a clapping.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not that bad. What's the what what's the really bad part?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, they get me kicked off of twitch.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, no, it's not like it's not like super bad.
Speaker 4: It's just like, uh sorry, I'm on the spot.
Speaker 2: So I'm like losing half the song. I'm trying to I'm trying to think of it because I I can typically sing it off the dome every time because I did so many takes.
Speaker 4: But it's a I'm gonna tell you what do you want me to go? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I'm gonna tell you one time. I just want to fuck your bitch, but I know I never will because I'm muggling. Yeah, ship, Sorry, it's that's not that's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Well keep going. What's the really bad? What's the part that got you fired?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I didn't get fired for it. I just got talked to HR and they're like, oh, well, I know you got we know you got had a thing and she's just doing this out of spite, lad, But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: HR talk to me like, this is a very fireable offense. You could uh get in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, HR told you that this woman was out of spite.
Speaker 2: They didn't exactly say that, but they're like, we understand why this person reported you, and we're not going to fire you because we know like kind of the ins and outs of what you guys had going on basically. And it's even funnier because they listened to the song and they're like, yeah, we listened to the song and it's not appropriate. So just hearing my boss and HR something they listened to songs is like, really, it's kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 1: But they didn't play it. They didn't play it with you in the room.
Speaker 3: So much worse.
Speaker 1: No, the worst part of the song.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, it's I'm a little fuzzled right now, so hold on, let me treat I'm a dream mama Mima conspiracy, believing that eleven happened, got the mask, She says, clapping in the bed.
Speaker 4: I'm a freak.
Speaker 2: Do sh It's so unique, like the sixty nine running around at leave that pussy week.
Speaker 4: Do this every week.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing new every time we fuck. It sounds like a zoo all right, uh yeah, And then I talked about playing her stuff like a kazoo. But yeah, uh man, I.
Speaker 1: Just keep going this song? What that You can keep going if you know more lyrics?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't, or ship I could pull it up.
Speaker 1: There's Is there a part of the song that really bad that you don't want to tell me?
Speaker 2: No, No, there's just honestly, doesn't get super much worse. It's just me talking about I want to fuck every girl in the world basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's pretty standard this about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: But it's just like it's too vulgar for them, And they said that this isn't a part of our company and we don't want this kind of stuff reflecting back on us?
Speaker 1: What what is this? What is the company that you work for? Do you still work for these people?
Speaker 4: I do not work for them.
Speaker 2: And actually you would love this company, but uh hmmm do I because I honestly I left working there literally like a week ago. So uh but it is a giant candy company that I think you would love, and I kind of want to send you I kind of want to send you the link.
Speaker 4: To this place because you would love our stuff.
Speaker 2: World's dust everything?
Speaker 1: Is it Dylan's candy bar?
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 2: Okay, you are okay, I'll tell you fucking I don't work there anymore. I don't plan going back.
Speaker 4: It is Albanese.
Speaker 2: So we make the world. They make the world the greatest gummies, all gummies.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's albant Oh wait I do wait, I actually do know wait yo, Okay, I actually do know Albanese. I used to work at a frozen yogurt storm and in the back they we would have these alban this giant fucking bag of Albanese uh sour gummy worms and they were and they were so fresh and chewy, and it's those are the Albaniese gummy worms are the best gummy worms I've had.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, honestly, all of our gummies are good.
Speaker 1: No, it's great. I make great things. So I let me ask you a question. Yes, if we were empathizing with the HR reps at Albanese, we were seeing things from their point of view, in what way do you believe you describing fucking somebody so loud that it sounds like a zoo is contradictory to uh, the mission of the Albanese Company.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Kind of a lot is just I mean, I guess it's my thing, is like, you know, it's my outside life. I don't see what the big deal is, but I get it that that they don't want this kind of Either're like I don't know. They're like, what are you trying to go? Dig in the wrap? I was like, no, it's just something to relieve stress. I'm very stressed out and it's.
Speaker 4: Just I don't know, I enjoy it. It's fun.
Speaker 2: It takes my mind off things, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: What does this song even have to do with work? Why are we even talking about it with your HR rap.
Speaker 2: Is it like I have I enter the covers, showed it to because I showed it to co workers.
Speaker 4: That's what it was. So I I mean, I don't if you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure. So did you receive any punishment of any kind or.
Speaker 2: It was just to I did not. They just told me to like take it down, don't show anyone, which I did take it down. Well, you know, now that I don't work there anymore, I might have put it back up just so I can show my friends because I'm just showing people. You know, it's a it's a fun.
Speaker 1: Song, you know. I you know, Keith, I think I don't think you should work somewhere that is compromising. Uh, you know your personal values in this way. You know, if you believe that, you know, sex, money and drugs is important to you in your life. You know, if that's one of your values, then I think you should feel free to live life in that direction without the h I completely you're telling you what to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I completely agree. It's not even.
Speaker 2: It's not even that's what my life revolves around.
Speaker 4: It's just I don't know, I like to don't.
Speaker 2: That's just the win my wrap. That's just what comes to mind.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what is next for you? Are you going to get a new job?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't exactly know what I want to do, but it's I'm glad I left there to stress off me and uh, I'm excited for a new and new future.
Speaker 1: Now, if you could be doing anything, if you could wave a magic wand and you you have whatever professional you desire, what would that be?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Any No, like, okay, a professional bowler, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Do you want us to boycott Albany's in your defense?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, I'm it's it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: Well now there, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't going to because I really do enjoy their their their gummy worms.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, don't boycount me. Yeah, eat up, man, I know you love the candy. I'll send you some if I could. Oh, I saw you got a peel box.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, I haven't that that it's not active, but I'll get a new one.
Speaker 4: Ied.
Speaker 1: Uh, Keith, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Uh?
Speaker 4: No, piece and loaf, Piece and loaf.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Keith. Do you wait, actually, real quick, thank you real quick. Is there a place that we can see Do you want to plug a channel for this video? Where can we see it? Do you want to plug it here?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I I I I took it down, but I was planning on putting it back up. So I don't have anything right now, but I will put.
Speaker 4: It back up.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you know? Do you have at least the name of the channel that you're gonna put it up on?
Speaker 2: Uh no, well, the channel that it was on was Jimmy's Jangles or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just came up with some stupid YouTube name.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if we go to YouTube dot com slash Jimmy's Jangles and you subscribe, are we gonna get a notification when you do put it up?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna waste your time and try to figure out exactly what the U, R L and everything is. But I'm not it's something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll figure it out, all right, Thanks for calling Keith.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, you have a good night.
Speaker 1: They found the song okay, somebody all right, it looks like somebody posted the song in the chat. Okay, all right, I'm gonna do all right, I'm gonna all right. It was hosted eleven minutes ago. Okay, it looks like all right, yeah, this is the song. Should we listen to it? Should we?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Fuck it, let's listen to it. I'm gonna tell you one time, I just want to fuck your bitch shine. No, I never will.
Speaker 3: Because of ugly airship pull.
Speaker 2: Man, if I could just see those fucking tits, I give you a high five.
Speaker 1: Let you finish it, and that ship I want to sue, I'll end up with the best bitch.
Speaker 2: She'll let me stuck a toe.
Speaker 1: Damn much as you split. She won't complaint, winn anywhere I want it, even.
Speaker 3: If it's a face.
Speaker 1: I'll pumble that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, old why, I'm just the bright side so fucking affection.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's ice time, just like the rims on my motherfucking rid fucking up at the because you know I'm that guy.
Speaker 1: I may look like a bitch, but don't give a stick. All I have to do is give your girl one vocal, give her that dick, and it'll have a book. My penis is the chef. Just watch a fucking cook. I'm gonna try. Penis is the chef to watch it. Loven never happened, got the ASSISI clap up in the bed. I'm a freak guy.
Speaker 2: You should So you meet like a sixty nine running round that pussy week.
Speaker 1: I do the seven week. It ain't nothing new every time. The fuck it sounds like the dude so much random ship that we like to exclude too much to rep So I'll just name a few. We started with another It's gotta have some food. It's like you in the ass with a stick of band.
Speaker 2: Boot in between breaks, playing cards, me and you and you don't want to know what I do with the casu.
Speaker 1: This guy like I like to beat? Is this it is there?
Speaker 4: Any more?
Speaker 1: Is the rest of it? Is it over all right? It's over all right? Okay, Yeah, I would have fired you for that too. I'm on the Gummy Worm people's side. I think they did the right thing by causing you to lose your job because of making that No, I'm just kidding, but I think if the worst part, if the worst consequence you receive from making that song.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 1: You are no longer allowed to work at a Gummy Bear factory. I think you made it out pretty good. I think it could have been far worse, and I'm happy it wasn't. And maybe this will give you.
Speaker 5: A new.
Speaker 1: Motivation to work further on your craft. And when you are topping the charts one day, eventually, I'll be happy to be there to say that I knew you. When the beacon goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, their beacon goes to I's teaching you Cloud in the mint of your life, but he's not really an expert.