Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo jess to be here in the second Charlamage cap.
Speaker 2: Peace to the plane. It is Tuesday. How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 3: I feel blessed, black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 1: What's happening in good morning, masses? Right back to the work we get to Tuesday. Had a three day week and that was your weekend, brother. Very fulfilling, very fulfilling, very RESTful.
Speaker 3: I did exactly what I like to do, which is absolutely positively nothing, you know what I mean. Sitting around the house with the family, the wife and kids. Uh, caught up on some reading. Finished the finished original sin Okay by Jake Topper.
Speaker 2: That was that was. That was a good read.
Speaker 3: But yeah, other than that, I did I did absolutely nothing, which I love to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did a little bit of both. I was out at Saint Martin. Slew to everybody that was on the out of Martin. You said, like that was a club you was in?
Speaker 2: I was. I was in Saint Martin for two three days.
Speaker 1: I was out there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and I had an amazing time on that island. They do soul Beach, a salute to Sitting Bad and his brother Mark.
Speaker 2: They do that.
Speaker 1: They were doing that for like twenty five back there.
Speaker 2: He was not there.
Speaker 1: Bad was there, his whole family was there, but he was not there. We Jess, I had a great tame. Then we went to Indianapolis, had to do a party, and then I spent Sunday and Monday just relaxing with the family, just doing absolutely positively, sitting on my ass doing nothing.
Speaker 2: As a Nick fan, you had to be in Indianapolis. I was. I was. I bet you ain't repped the next there though I did. Did I did? I can tell you by the way you.
Speaker 3: S I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't go as hard as I would. If we had been up like we was up, I would have been. I would have really been. But we was down old too at the time. He was said, yeah, so that's.
Speaker 3: When you supposed to rep the hardest. Now I'm a cowboy fan. Okay, every year we're going to the super Bowl. I don't care what the record is. When you down when you're supposed to be really, really really talking that talk when you said when you.
Speaker 2: Do it, when you up, that's that's that's that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of coward leader me. Nah, I ain't much to say. I wrapped my next but it wasn't stupid, like you know, they were walking around with the choked face, the whole choky.
Speaker 3: He was afraid they was going to do you the way of those knicks. Did that pacer fan. I saw that birabl videohere they hit him with the trash.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. You were scared he was gonna do you like that.
Speaker 1: We had security, so we weren't worried about that. But we had a great time in Indiana. To shout everybody, shout to the Indy five hundred, Monster Energy. We had a great time. But you did this weekend man.
Speaker 4: Whatever mashing Tucket, So shout out the New Haven, Hartford and Bridgeport.
Speaker 3: They were in there.
Speaker 4: And then Yo, the next day Boston was so lit. Yes, Boston was boy.
Speaker 2: I love YO.
Speaker 4: And then shout out to two of my fans that hunted me down after the show. She one lady, I think it was d In T. D In T from Boston. She just had a baby. See months ago.
Speaker 2: She was so she was lit. She was drunk.
Speaker 4: Homegirls shot to get in the car, but she was like, I love you so much. Eyes crossed like cock, like a pistol.
Speaker 2: She was like lit. That was probably the first night.
Speaker 4: That was her first night out and she had that baby breastfeed and sheet man. So I love They made my night d inta. Yes, I was out, I smoking. They came ran up on me.
Speaker 3: People would across. I know they co guy like the people will cross.
Speaker 2: I know they cross. I'm sure they got I used to be when I was little. Yeah, how cross eyed was this woman?
Speaker 3: And how you how you grow out of it? Because the fact that you you said that as an identifier.
Speaker 4: It was a lazy eye.
Speaker 2: It was the las of difference that it is different between well they be cocked up.
Speaker 4: When you're looking at you and Christmas same time, no meet and her homegirl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not crossed, you know, lazy just your eyes, just a little one of them.
Speaker 2: One of my my left I used to go crazy.
Speaker 1: By something cock guys like you're looking one place, but you're looking.
Speaker 4: So I messed up. She had a lazy eye.
Speaker 3: I get a lazy eye after midnight, after midnight, Why what's his name? I get a lazy that would be a brown eye. And you have a lot of experience in that I do not. All right, let's get the show cracking. Monique Rodriguez will be joining us.
Speaker 1: She's the founder and CEO of is it merely organics on myle organics Neil my l mam is Yes, Mayo, that's right that she named kids Mael Organics. Yes, shall be joining us. He has a new book, The Glory in Your Story. So we'll talk to a little bit and then we got front page news with Morgan. We'll come back.
Speaker 2: So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Cloak in the morning. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's dj n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Last night six to thunderbeat the timber Wolves. They lead that series three to one. And tonight the Knicks take on the Paces at eight p m. In Indiana. So let's go New York, New York.
Speaker 2: New yap. You ain't say that when in Indiana I did. I just wasn't as loud.
Speaker 4: How many more games they got?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is the last one.
Speaker 5: Tonight.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, right now, the Firs. Yes, what up?
Speaker 6: Ruligan, Hey y'all. Hey, well, welcome back. It feels good to be back. So let's get into it. First step on front page. Yesterday was Memorial Day and President Trump honored those who gave their lives serving in the military. He visited Arlington National Cemetery to mark the occasion and participated in the reath laying ceremony at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier before delivering remarks. Now, he said, he that he, of course, and we would be lost without our service members, while also honoring gold Star families.
Speaker 7: Just take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 8: And every hour of peril and every moment of crisis, American warriors have left behind the blessings of home and family to answer.
Speaker 2: Their nation's call.
Speaker 9: They've offered all that.
Speaker 8: They had within them and given their last breaths to each and every one of us, that we might live safe. Every ghost, our family fight, say battle long after the victory is won, and today we lift you up and we hold you high.
Speaker 2: He must have took it marriage.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 3: That was team compared to what he put on social media when he said Happy Memorial Day to all, including the scum that spent the last four years to destroy our country through warped radical left minds.
Speaker 2: Man got cancer. You're just still shooting at it.
Speaker 1: You know, we just don't care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 6: But Trump did say that we're sharing this all with the families of fallen service members. He added that those service members gave everything and asked for nothing. And I like to take it a step further, and you know, to those who have lost someone that has served, we continue to salute their service and sacrifice because we know for you, every day is Memorial Day. So but moving on. In unfortunate news, this comes as a congress member. We're mourning the loss of a congress member, former New York representative and Korean War veteran, Charlie Raanjel, who died eighth rangele is okay, Well, you guys know, y'all in New York. So Rango, often referred to as the Lion of Harlem, died on Memorial Day surrounded by family. He was elected to Congress in nineteen seventy one, where he served for forty six years, becoming the House Ways and Means Chairman in two thousand. He was the primary sponsor of forty bills during his tenure, including President Obama's Affordable Care Act, the Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and the so called rang you called it Wrango Amendment aimed at ending apartheid in South Africa. Now, New York City Mayor Eric Adams it's saluting Wrangle as a true American and House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries is calling him a trailblazer and champion for justice. Of course, right now there's no word or details surrounding his death or funeral arrangements, but of course we are continuing to mourn his loss, and we will mark the occasion, you know, by honoring him as well, considering the fact that he was a Korean War vet. But that's your front page news for six am. At seven am, we'll talk about President Trump and how he feels about current President of Vladimir Putin, Russian psident Vladimir Putin calling him absolutely crazy. And then we'll also get into the big beautiful Bill, because you know that's moving forward in the Senate right now.
Speaker 1: So stick at all, right, and everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Let us know how your weekend was. I know it's tough three day week and you got to get back to work on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's hard getting up this morning. Let us know how your weekend was. What you did?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. She calling eight hundred and five eight five one. We want to hear from.
Speaker 9: You on the breakfast club. Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 12: This tie with Omaha?
Speaker 2: Tanya from Omaha? What's up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Tanya?
Speaker 12: Hey, man, I just need to get off my chest. At our Omar police department are a bunch of in are a bunch of gang members.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 12: They they they shoot and killing on black people with no accountability, with no transparency. Let us know what's going on. They released the body cam footage of an instant that that happened like three four days later. They shoot the man outside of his home. He just graduated high school. He was from I believe Sudan, and there's no accountability for it.
Speaker 4: We'll find.
Speaker 12: I'm not even gonna lie to you. I can't even pronounce it. I'm a butcher and he was from Sudan. It was a nineteen year old.
Speaker 1: And it was Janidi Ibrahim.
Speaker 2: It seems like.
Speaker 12: It, yeah, and he was like it was. It's crazy because like the police do this type of scess and then they fire him, but then they get hired up with the Sheriff's department. And that just happened in Omaha, Like it is not right they do. Omar police department just fired another cop and then he gets hired with the sheriff's department. He kills somebody for the no knock warrant and he was fired by the police department, but then I hire them with the Sheriff's department.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy. I haven't heard anything about these cases. Like I just googled the case, you know about the guy from Sudanne that was five days ago, but I hadn't heard anything about it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I'm telling you it happens all the time here in Omaha. Like Obah really has a real problem and it's swept under the rug. Like I think it's because we're a republican state that the news just so they don't cover.
Speaker 13: It the right way.
Speaker 12: They don't and they try to make it seem like where the minorities here are the problem, when it's really it's also police force. We can't it's like really having like brave masters on our neck. Like you can't drive down here at a certain time without getting pulled over because you know, if you're driving at three o'clock in the morning, because I'll work in the morning, you gonna get bumped us. So I'll moved my time back to at least five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Jesus right, thank you for putting this up on the story. We'll do some more research on and thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You'd be safe out there.
Speaker 14: Hey yeah, hey, y'all.
Speaker 12: Also look up the incident that happened at Club Omahall. But the artist from uh from Kansas City named Trell, he came up here disrespecting I'm telling you a lot of times, it's black officers and it's black security guards that that are perpetuating is violet. And I don't know if they're doing it to try to make these white people happy, but I'm telling you it's crazy out here.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 4: Got just just going on research on.
Speaker 12: Abaha and the black stud You know, we got Terrence Crawford here, but you know what, I ain't gonna I ain't even gonna catch TOMMI definitely he definitely on that Republican type ish too, you know what I mean. But it is what it is.
Speaker 3: You know you said you talking about Trel getting mased in attacked by club security.
Speaker 12: Yes, look at the video, man, that man is walking out of the club and they spraying out They spraying it in his safe less than two feet away.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you mama, and be safe out there. She'd be a serious as guy to Paut.
Speaker 3: Like yap to the brother. I mean, but still a plot, it does.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 14: Who's this Good morning?
Speaker 13: It's Kristen from Connecticut.
Speaker 14: Hi, y'all doing.
Speaker 2: Hey Kristen, did you go see just this weekend?
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 13: I had fun. So I was not in the front bro that was an accident. I was actually in the fuderal and I had so much fun.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you, I appreciate.
Speaker 13: I was waiting for you to shout out Willamantic. I mean I was like, so I would have been like, whoa, but what is it?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 13: I was waiting for you to shout out Willemantic because you were like hot fun New Haven Frechford.
Speaker 1: She was having a hard time with some of the mother names.
Speaker 13: I saw that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, but I'm glad you came out, baby girl.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: Yes, thank you. Y'all know y'all better.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hello, y'all better get used to my voice because I'm gonna call in once a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, we look forward to hear from you.
Speaker 13: All right, all right, guys, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five five one five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Ray right, Ray, yo, Charlotte man Chamvy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 9: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: I got an indoor pool, door pool.
Speaker 9: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Get on the.
Speaker 12: Phone right now.
Speaker 14: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 4: We lie.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this? Hello?
Speaker 13: The mining mister?
Speaker 1: Shree off your chest.
Speaker 3: Hey, chest, say up to Charlay chaseying.
Speaker 12: I'm doing good, so I want to get off my chest.
Speaker 14: Shout out to these parents who have been emailing me on my three day weekend because.
Speaker 12: Their child is going to sell and go to supper schools.
Speaker 16: How are you mad at me?
Speaker 4: Where you're mad at me?
Speaker 10: I've been trying to get a contact with you all here.
Speaker 5: Why not go about your child?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 12: You want to blow up my email?
Speaker 2: What age group?
Speaker 10: So I sez first grade?
Speaker 2: First grade?
Speaker 12: First right, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Grade crazy.
Speaker 14: That's what I'm saying, is real crazy, right, And most of it is.
Speaker 13: Because like a like not coming to homework.
Speaker 15: But that's not my role.
Speaker 14: That's the fool rule, right, And listen, I listen.
Speaker 12: I've been listening to y'all since twenty sixty.
Speaker 14: I commute from.
Speaker 10: Baltimore to DC every day. Shout up out, But I just wanted to say that I love y'all so much.
Speaker 12: I appreciate everything that y'all do. Y'all give me a good tea keeper going here with these dagall kids.
Speaker 5: Every I really appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: I love you, and we appreciate you too, because what you do is not easy. I'm sure that's.
Speaker 10: Right, man, tell me about it, but I love it.
Speaker 14: So I thank God that I'm here to do what I do.
Speaker 12: But y'all gotta even response.
Speaker 14: Ain't nothing back.
Speaker 12: And just when I'm telling y'all, y'all, child is not doing right.
Speaker 2: All right, take it easy on them, care right, all right, y'all.
Speaker 14: Have a good day.
Speaker 3: I don't mind her holding them back, you know what I'm saying, because I don't believe in that no child left behind stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If a person isn't a you know, doing what they're supposed to be doing in school and they're not passing, hold their ass back.
Speaker 2: The first grade? Though, what is what that got to do with her?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 16: And then if I was a parent, I'll be fine. Let's send his little as to school in the summer.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Chack him because because what happens, you passed him and he's not ready to go to second grade, then you go to second grade and be stupid.
Speaker 2: But if she got that many kids, that there's another problem.
Speaker 4: No, but you say her problems were no homework and absence. It starts at home. Something is something clicking at home?
Speaker 3: With and respect to what's her name? Scharies That just called because you need teachers who care. You have a bunch of teachers who do not care the fact that she cares enough to fail that young man, hold him back and and and prepare him for the next grade.
Speaker 2: Salute to her. We need more teachers. I don't think it was one. I think it was a bunch of kids. She said they're not ready ready, but.
Speaker 4: She says She ended it with but I love what I do, and that that's right the part hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: Over your chest? Man?
Speaker 10: I just want to call them, uh, good morning for the breakfast club, the ladies and the fellas up there.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 10: I just want to get off my chest about Trump and that chet Man and I agree it's not a good idea to accept that jet. But I also want to say that, you know, I want to congratulate in Charlotte Mane. When he speaks about the jet, he said they can't know what he's talking about. But now I know this ignan talk his part. You know, the first time he read the article at a constitution that says it's legal to take the jet, he read the part all the way to the period that said unless he had consent for concrets. But now when you hear him read that, he leaves that part out. So again, I just wanted it should have been a dunky of today, but I couldn't.
Speaker 9: Ever get through.
Speaker 10: But you know, so I didn't want to give it that to Charlotte mane on his wist for ignorant.
Speaker 9: And what are you at?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 10: You heard what I said, I said, Well, she read it the first time a couple of couple of weeks ago. You read the article and they said that it was the legal to accept get some foreign ations. And you read all the way to the period where it said unless he had conceptful concert but.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have consent on Congress.
Speaker 10: How can you get it if you don't have consent for Congress? You remember Congress. He offers feel right, that's his people, right.
Speaker 2: He does not consent.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have congressional consent, they said, And I didn't leave that out when I said that.
Speaker 10: You left it out, Uh, three or four times after you read it the first time, you stopped gray before that part time.
Speaker 2: How do you think you get congressional consent?
Speaker 10: They approve it. You put your people in there, and they let you do what you want, like what you always say.
Speaker 3: They let him do what he wants congressional, whereas if if it's illegial, you do no.
Speaker 2: Congressional consent involves a vote, right.
Speaker 10: Well, obviously he's going to get the voter there.
Speaker 3: They let him you know somebody letting him no, no, congressional.
Speaker 10: Have something that they don't consent.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can when you don't respect the rule of law. Congressional consent involves a vote. And my brother, now you know why it's a problem.
Speaker 10: Well, well I'm gonna have to, like you say, like you said a lot of times when people catch you on something, I don't know nothing about that, so I'm gonna have to look into that.
Speaker 2: It's like he can't take it if he did, And congressional consent involves a vote.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one on five one. If you need the vent, you could hit us up. What's up, Lauren?
Speaker 4: And good morning?
Speaker 10: That was the all.
Speaker 16: Oh lord, it was great.
Speaker 2: You got done.
Speaker 18: Stop playing because people was really done there. Checking was so confused because he told people I was there getting my arms done because some lady come here, baby, Charlotte said, you hear getting your arms done?
Speaker 16: This hot outside? Have you rested? I was like, rest, but.
Speaker 2: That's why you got your arms fully covered. It's gonna be seventy five degrees.
Speaker 18: Did they tell you they cover because it's cold in that courtroom and I'm tired.
Speaker 2: You going back to court today.
Speaker 16: Yes, today, Yes, the grind don't stop.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we were talking about the latest lawn.
Speaker 18: Before we get the court, We're gonna talk about the ams because Janet Jackson performed on television for the first time in seven years, and people still mad, yes at the A and people still mad that he was just on tour.
Speaker 2: You mean television. Okay, my bad. Yes, Jena Jackson and j Low performed.
Speaker 16: Jaco hosted the whole show and she performed.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, nobody could dang job. I've seen the game.
Speaker 16: It was really good moments to.
Speaker 3: Kind of event that would have been fifteen to twenty years a day. I agree, Jlo host let me tell you. And Jana Jackson I I was watching the game.
Speaker 2: I watched it even.
Speaker 18: Back like Jao looked amazing and all that. And Janet Jackson though, and Tasha Smith presented her award. It was like a whole thing, really yes, and people eminem one, uh.
Speaker 2: I see that.
Speaker 18: It was a lot of people mad that Emine mister is a white rapper. And I'm like, all these years later, a man, he's.
Speaker 2: White and come back, we give it up too much.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it when we come back to Latest with Lauren, Don't go anywhere. It's to breakfast Cloak in the morning, the breakfast Club. Everybody's j NV just Celarate, Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to that. This with Lauren, Lauren be coming the street fast. She gets them somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 16: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on.
Speaker 9: The law, the latest with Laurence la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes she had a fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes she have a little bit.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 11: It's the leader on the breakfast Club Toe turn her Micae on.
Speaker 16: There you go there, Hello, oh hey Hello.
Speaker 18: So the twenty twenty five American Music Awards went down last night and j Lo hosted the show. She opened you know where they get to do a song and then they do a performance. Her performance was like a blended melody of like a lot of the people who were nominated and you know people who went on to when later on that evening. She did a lot of like not like us and Kendrick stuff as well. She looked too good, like she didn't perform it, but she was dancing, so she had dance breaks to it.
Speaker 2: Did they promote the AMS? I didn't hear nothing about the AMA until last night.
Speaker 16: You know how I'll be finding.
Speaker 18: I was on Twitter and I saw people arriving at the carpet and I was like, Oh, let me turn on the AMA.
Speaker 2: That's crazy hosting it. I'll produce an email that that's how you even know it was on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't get that email.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was on the email. But I was gonna ask.
Speaker 1: So Jlo opened up kissing a guy and the girl because I seen that trending yesterday.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yep, she kissed her morning, her male and her female dancers a lot of places.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said both, because a lot of places.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: It was like I'm sure it was like a stage kiss though. Okay, but.
Speaker 2: Madonna did that. We've seen that so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I think the big thing for her is, you know, after now, she's a fully single woman and she's expressing her sexual independence on the stage. That was a part that was a big talking point of her performance.
Speaker 2: So the studs can.
Speaker 4: Come get it if they want that. She was trying to say, what get in line. Maybe the woman that she kissed was.
Speaker 3: She should have kissed been at like it's Batman, and then Ben Affleck as Daredevil.
Speaker 2: That'd have been She said, the lady she kissed was what nothing.
Speaker 16: Moving on? She looked like, no, she was just she was a lady.
Speaker 18: Answer so yeah, so uh so after so Jayla opens it up and she's hosted throughout the night, and there were a.
Speaker 16: Few big moments.
Speaker 18: Janet Jackson, I told you guys, she performed for the first time in seven years at the on on TV, for the first time in seven years at the American Musical Awards. She was amazing as always, and she doesn't age whatsoever. Let's take a listen to jen Jackson's performance.
Speaker 19: See my things so bad and such she's got, She said so much.
Speaker 4: I know exactly.
Speaker 3: I really don't know whether to be disappointed in the MS or myself. I had no idea any of this was happening. I had no idea that I had no idea. Jaylo hosted it, and I damn sure I didn't know he was getting a live performance from Janet Jackson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, don't be pissed off. I didn't know either, Sorry, and I'm not pissed off.
Speaker 18: And I mean, not only did she uh Not only did she perform, Jlo also was a huge award winner of the evening. It was presented by Tasha Smith and my.
Speaker 1: Girl Yes.
Speaker 2: Noted in the finest Cushasha Yes.
Speaker 18: She Tasha Smith looked amazing too. She had a short blonde buzz cut. She looks amazing. But Jana Jackson accepted the Icon Award last night and everybody staid to their feet, and her speech was very moving.
Speaker 16: Let's take a listen to Janet Jackson.
Speaker 2: I am so honored.
Speaker 16: I'm so grateful.
Speaker 20: I mean no disrespect in any way. But I don't consider myself and I my family myself. Our dream was to it wasn't ever to be famous. We always had a special love for music, dancing and singing, and fame came with the result of hard work and dedication.
Speaker 12: My story, my family story.
Speaker 20: It's truly an American story. This would have only happened in America.
Speaker 3: Praise God. Janet Jackson, don't whisper no more. Remember when she used to fake whisper everywhere?
Speaker 16: Whisper everywhere?
Speaker 3: I want to think, remember when they used to do that. I'm so glad, Janna, don't think whisper no more. Jesus Michael that she did that to conserve of voice.
Speaker 18: I always thought it was like that too, but then I thought it was like, did something that happens in our family?
Speaker 2: Because is Michael?
Speaker 4: Yeah to say that, but now you said Tasha Smith had the show, But yeah, the show. Yes she looked like Eminem, but no, she really They looked so good snatched.
Speaker 16: She looked amazing.
Speaker 18: But speaking of Eminem, uh, people were very upset last night.
Speaker 16: Eminem beat out some of the.
Speaker 18: Biggest Well he's a big hip hop artist, but Eminem beat out Drake, Kendrick, Lamar, Future Tyler, the creator for favorite male hip hop.
Speaker 16: Artists of last year of all time favorite male time.
Speaker 2: It can't be for last year.
Speaker 4: Favorite mal because slept on that Mad album. He had his last album.
Speaker 2: It was the name of the look on the album last year.
Speaker 16: Yes, he did have an I remember that.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, it's no possim.
Speaker 4: Up here saying that that's.
Speaker 1: My favorite Kendrick's album. You got Drake's. There's so many different projects. Yes, no disrespect to Eminem, but yes, the.
Speaker 4: Death of Slim Shady, yes, Coop the Grace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't go to that funeral.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know yo, like you did, yes funeral listen and it's the thing.
Speaker 1: He went so hard.
Speaker 4: He was talking about everything that a black person would have gotten in trouble for on on the album, like trans people gave people, people in wheelchairs coming to everybody.
Speaker 2: Was it bigger than Kindric album? No?
Speaker 4: No, hell no, wasn't bigger than Kendrick album.
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 18: But so the according to Google, listen to it, it must be a voted award. According to Google, the eligibility period, the data tracking period for nominations typically covers a specific time frames such as March twenty second, twenty twenty four through March twenty twenty twenty five, which goes into the American Music Awards.
Speaker 16: That's what Google says to me.
Speaker 4: He said he's favorite hip hop artists at the twenty twenty I'm assuming it was for this year, but I know that there were a lot of people that were upset.
Speaker 16: They were you know they I think they.
Speaker 2: Bring in the car.
Speaker 1: Nick just said, AMA is a fan voted award. Okay, that but even no hold on.
Speaker 18: I mean, eminem has a huge fan base, but even here, right here says it goes off a fan interaction, fan.
Speaker 3: Voting and them old white men ain't on social media like that, not like Drake fans and Kendrick fans.
Speaker 4: Now right, I'm confused where they pulled the fans at fake Facebook and.
Speaker 16: Eminem is great.
Speaker 4: But Eminem is great, y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all gotta listen.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: He even coming at there's no way in hell Eminem wins over the year.
Speaker 3: That's a very controversial album though if his fan voted, then his fans voted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it just had to be a fan voting in the wards.
Speaker 4: It's just a lot of that flew under the radar because of the Kendrick and we had a lot of the things to worry about over here.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe Eminem has been great for so long that you just take them for granted. Now, yes, because the guy tells two hundred and eighty thousand unitses first week that that's just Eminem.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to But a new artist does that, like oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 18: Because new artist ain't doing that and numbers don't lie onm is like that according to Illuminate, which is you know, to give information on the wards breakdown and says a data partner, this is the data partner. They tracked Keith fanning interaction metrics including streaming sales and airplay. So and so they tracked this, they put they coupled that with the fan votes, and the winner is ultimately choosen by the public. But that is how you're nominating, that is how you chosen.
Speaker 2: So I still don't see it, but congratulations.
Speaker 18: A lot of people shared your sentiment last night, and I felt like it always anything Eminem wins, whether you think he deserves it or not, people always have this interaction.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, when he was winning, he deserved he was bossing ass. But now I don't. I just don't see it. Cosna was upset about it.
Speaker 18: To her, Yes he was, and speaking of Casa Nat, I thought it was so fire that he actually got to.
Speaker 16: Present an award last night.
Speaker 2: My god, I university this weekend.
Speaker 18: Yes, I think streamer University was everywhere this weekend. Sisa actually accepted the award that he presented. I believe it was best Female R and B Artist. I'm gonna double check that, but let's take a listen to us Sizza accepting the award.
Speaker 16: Thank you tell them about streaming University.
Speaker 21: Congrats the guy, Yes, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: I'd be happy for my friends.
Speaker 21: Okay, first off, thank you to all the fans that voted for me.
Speaker 16: Mom do I have Mega B team.
Speaker 21: Thank you to my mom and my dad to investment to my team.
Speaker 16: But literally to all of camp. I love you so much.
Speaker 21: It's like our first time, like entering Fan one award, like thank you for mobbing for us. I love you so much, just as much as you love me, probably more.
Speaker 4: You have no idea. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's fan voted, I understand.
Speaker 3: I mean, eminem is the highest selling you went back to m What I'm just thinking about.
Speaker 4: I didn't know the Yeah, Well, just because y'all didn't listen to it, don't mean it ain't popping. All the content of the album. I just the death of some shady I listened to it when it came out. What listen? Oh no, No, he got a bunch of features on it, joined the Lucas is on it. Like it's a couple of people on it and we don't.
Speaker 2: Oh but he liked that. I like, just I'm serious.
Speaker 18: Well, as we wrap, I just want to say it's favorite female R and B artists and favorite R and B song that say the one. Last night, Kai presented the not presented the favorite female R and B artist the work.
Speaker 2: So we're on a favorite female rap artists.
Speaker 9: Did they have one?
Speaker 4: I believe that was no, no, no, Megan won something. Yeahbody said said that she won over the Glowrilla she won.
Speaker 2: Boh, they's diffronting on big gloat on.
Speaker 4: Yeah they did, Yeah they did, because behold you Glow should have got that. I'm just that's just my opinion. She Megan won over her. It was Doja Glow Lotto.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I figured it out the commercial.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and people were pissed off.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, well that is the latest with Lauren. When we come back, we got front page news. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, owing everybody. It's dj NV.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious, Charlamagne guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get back in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Last night that's underbeat the Timberwolves one twenty eight, one twenty six. They leave the series three one and my next take on the paces tonight at eight pm. So let's go New York, Go, New York.
Speaker 17: Go.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 6: Muggains All right, yeah, let's get into it. So President Trump says Russian President Vladimir Putin has absolutely gone crazy. So, talking to Truth Social on Sunday, Trump said the two have always had a good relationship, but something has happened to Putin. He added that Putin is needlessly killing a lot of people and that he has always once said that Putin wants all of Ukraine, not just a piece of it. Let's take a listen to President Trump's comments on Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 8: I'm not happy with what Putin's doing.
Speaker 2: He's killing a lot of people, and I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time.
Speaker 8: Always gotten along with a but he's sending rockets into cities and killing people, and I don't like it at all.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 6: Ukrainian President Zelenski, in a post on social media on Sunday, said that nearly three hundred attack drones had been launched by Russia. Meanwhile, a top democrat in the House Intelligence Committee, Connecticut's Jim Himes, he told CBS's Face the Nation that the US needs to apply maximum pressure on Russia and apply sanctions.
Speaker 7: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 22: We really uptick the sanctions, we stop the export of oil. We pressure India to stop buying Russian oil, and of course we keep arming the Ukrainians maximize the leverage of the West so that we can bring this war not just to a conclusion, but to a fair and just conclusion that will keep the Russians from invading countries in the future.
Speaker 6: So officials in kievs say that at least twelve people were injured in a Russian drone attack early on Sunday, which damaged homes and apartment buildings. So continue to keep you guys posted on those international affairs.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been watching those exchanges, you know, and it's like those two egos could be the end of civilization as we know it.
Speaker 2: Like I was thinking about that over the weekend.
Speaker 7: You need to know name the two. Are you talking trouble Trump?
Speaker 3: You know how they always said Russia and Putin had something on Trump and they talk about the p tapes and all that other stuff, and you know, basically Russia had America in his pocket and they helped to steal the election. What if all that is true, right, then Trump has no more use for Putin anymore.
Speaker 2: And you know, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Want to get the guy that allegedly has all of this black material against against you.
Speaker 2: What you want to get him out of here? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: You know, so so wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't now be the time? It just I just don't like when I hear him say, you know, Putin's crazy, he's lost it, blah blah blah, and then you know the criminin and they throw a little shot back like that could get stupid real fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because then they start talking about nuclear and this exactly, and we don't need those pigs exactly. Those problems bring it back to.
Speaker 3: That's bigger than the problem, like that would be the end of civilization as we know it.
Speaker 6: And former Surgeon General Vvack Murphy is calling on Congress to do more to protect children from the harms of social media. He tells, seeing it hell excuse me NBC's Meet the Press, that lawmakers need to establish safety standards for social media platforms because right now there are no protection for kids. He suggests putting warning labels on social media platforms and establishing those safety standards. Let's take a listen to his comments on NBC's Meet the Press.
Speaker 7: B veck Marthy.
Speaker 23: It's equivalent of putting our kids in cars with no seat belts, with no airbags, and having them drive on roads with no speed limits and no traffic lights, and that is just morally unacceptable. I think Congress has so far failed in its responsibility to protect our kids, but it's not too late. They need to step up and act now. Put warning labels on social media platforms so that parents and kids are aware of the risks that we see.
Speaker 1: I don't think warning labels are going to change anything. I mean, your parents just got to be, you know, watch over their kids much more. But we do have to figure out something to do. But besides just that, I don't know if you guys been seeing this new trend where if it was not even a new trend, but they've been doing it for a long time. But it's getting worse and worse and worse. Where these kids are doing pop ups at malls, so they're putting on social media and then you'll get five six hundred, seven hundred one thousand kids at a mall and then they run to the mall feeling things, fight and getting into altercations. So it's getting more and more dangerous when it comes to just social media.
Speaker 2: Social media that social media too, because on my platform, people would running up in stores and taking clothes and going on way before social media, like they're doing it every week. I mean it on social media.
Speaker 3: I'm saying some people maybe do it for trends, but I mean they was doing stuff like that way before social media. I can't I can't blame I can't blame boosting on social media.
Speaker 2: Not as often as it is now.
Speaker 7: As a result of that, we.
Speaker 2: Got we gotta boost it right over head exactly.
Speaker 7: No, you gotta get in and get out.
Speaker 6: No. But as a result of that, I know, at least here in the d n B, they started to implement a lot of curfews, early curfews, especially on Fridays and Saturdays, for reasons like early like five p m. That if you're in the mall or you know, a town center of some sort before a certain and you're under the age of eight even sixteen, you know you need to have an adult with you. Murphy did go on to say though, that parents should try to keep children under the age of sixteen off social media if possible, because kids are being affected in different way than adults, and they're starting to see it in the actual brain development and brain activity. So he's also calling on Congress to require more data transparency so that researchers can betty better study the effects of social media on young people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been going on for a long time.
Speaker 3: Like they you know, the mall, either if you were under eighteen, you had to be accompanied by a parent a guardian, or they would have a curfew on the weekends. Like as long as I can remember growing up insc in line today would need to do that.
Speaker 1: You know, that was that was big in the South because when I went to school in Hampton, it could only be three people. You can only be in the more with three people. Other than that, you have to break it up.
Speaker 3: You had to break up there and you had a cur you know why because they'd be fighting. But also they'd be running up in the store path and just taking stuff.
Speaker 2: But stuff been.
Speaker 3: Going on way before social media. Like that's that's not a trend. I would blame social media.
Speaker 7: It's just now amplified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But in New York we didn't have those type of curfews of those problems. But when I went with to school in the South, they definitely did.
Speaker 6: All right, So that's your social that's your social media, that's.
Speaker 7: Your front page news.
Speaker 16: Y'all.
Speaker 6: Follow me on socials at Morgan Media. I guess if you're on there. And for more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I N news dot com.
Speaker 7: Make it a great week, y'all. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, the founder and CEO of my Ely Organics we joined.
Speaker 4: Why you turn into a Spanish word is maya is maya l?
Speaker 1: My l Organics will be joining us mo Nique Rodez.
Speaker 2: That is that man. I couldn't wait that.
Speaker 1: Because she's black. We'll talk to her. Next new book, The Glory in Your Story? Well should we talk? Should we talking to us? NeXT's the Breakfast Local Morming the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ and just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed have miss Monique Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Thank you. How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 24: I'm great?
Speaker 4: How are you doing well?
Speaker 2: Doing well?
Speaker 3: She's also got a new memoir out now, The Glory and Your Story, activating a fearless faith to change your life, your.
Speaker 2: Career in the world.
Speaker 3: Yes, now you turned a kitchen recipe into a multimillion dollar brand. Yes, What was the moment you realized you weren't just selling products, you were actually building a movement.
Speaker 24: Well, you know, I went into this knowing that I was building a movement.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 25: I created this brand out of necessity. You know, I felt that there was a lack of relatability in the haircare space. There was a lack of great products, healthy products for women that look like me, and I wanted to fill this boy, But I always operated with a multi million dollar mindset. I operated with the mindset of like, I'm going to be on the sholf with these bigger brands one day eventually. And the day that we launched, which was made when third our anniversary is actually next week, and we sought out of every oil that we had, and we had a small amount of inventory, about one hundred bottles because I was a small business, didn't know that it was going to take off the way that it did. And the day that we launched, we sought out of every single product. And I knew at that moment like I'm onto something, because I knew that it was a need for it.
Speaker 3: I loved the multimillion dollar mindset. Explain explain that to people for those who may not have one.
Speaker 25: Yeah, you know, I think success is when I talk about like activating fearless faith to change your mind.
Speaker 24: Success is all about mindset.
Speaker 25: And you know, I grew up basically in the hood, right, you know, I didn't come from a lot, but I always dreamed big. And I would look at other successful people and say, Oh, they're successful because they're lucky. And I knew that I had to change my mindset and shift from thinking that, no, they're not just lucky.
Speaker 24: They worked for it, right, you know.
Speaker 25: They had to step out and be bold and go after their dreams and pursue their purpose. And I shipped them mindset from thinking that I didn't deserve success to thinking that I do deserve it. And I realized that once that started to shift my level of thinking and I operated from a level of abundance and not lack. More things flow to me.
Speaker 1: Now I'm twenty fourteen. You were a registered nurse, yes, So what made you say, you know what, this is not for me? And what put you the mind frame to actually create these products?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 1: Because people could say, you know, they could take a product and sell it, but you actually had to make it, you had to try it. I'm sure it didn't work right away the first time. I'm sure your daughter was sitting back there. I'm sure you burnt her hair a couple of times and you're trying it out.
Speaker 24: I don't think I burned it, but you know, she was a definitely a guinea pig.
Speaker 2: Pig, So talk about that procedure and how that came about. Yeah.
Speaker 25: So, actually, so I was a labor and delivery nurse and I was a nurse for eight and a half years. And I became a nurse because my mom encouraged me to be a nurse. She was very traditional, you know, go to school, go to college, do what you need to do, get a real job so you can survive. My mom was basically about survival. She had that mentality, which no fault because most of our parents' generation, they came from that type of generation. And even though when I was younger, like I've always had this dream and passion to be in the beauty space, my mom would always tell me, like it's cute, but you know, that's not a stable career. So I kind of like put my dreams to the wayside and pursue what my mom wanted me to do. So it was never something that like I saw myself doing. So when I did graduate college and I started work in labor and delivery, I knew, I'm like, this is not a career path that I want to do for the rest of my life. And unfortunately, after doing that for eight years, I was pregnant with my third child, my son, and unfortunately it was a high risk pregnancy bless you, and he passed away from complications, and when you go through pain, it's something thank you, something that's so traumatic. It catapulted me to live life on my own terms and not to live my life on someone else's dream, which was my mom, because you only get one shot at life, and my pregnancy was high risk also for my life, and I decided to pursue my dreams, do something that I love, something that was purposeful, something that I can wake up and feel like I have fulfillment, enjoy doing. And I went back to that love as a child being in the beauty space, and I started creating. I'm a creative by nature, and I would just go in my kitchen and mix together like different ingredients and study and research like what ingredients work well on our hair? And I started posting it on social media and while people were following me and thinking like, well, what is this girl doing? Like she's posting all these recipes. It was really a creative outlet for me to express myself and to take my mind off of grief.
Speaker 24: The greeting process. Yeah, and that's how Mayo became what it is.
Speaker 4: Where did Mayo come from?
Speaker 1: The name?
Speaker 4: The name?
Speaker 25: Oh, so that's a great question. I love answering that question. It's actually a combination of my kids' names. So I have Mia, Gabrielle back there, Mackenzie, Ariel, my son his name was Milan. It's a combination of all their names and their middle names L. So they're my l's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did they charge you?
Speaker 25: They did, because I'm still paying for it today, Like they are always asking for something, right.
Speaker 24: But you know they get paid.
Speaker 2: Well, how did you go?
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm skipping steps and I want everybody to go read the book The Glory In your story, we go from the kitchen to actually getting your products on the shelf.
Speaker 2: What were the steps?
Speaker 25: Like, what did you do like yeah. So you know, my way of going into retail was not a traditional way. I started in twenty fourteen. We entered into retail in twenty sixteen, which Number one is very rare for a brand, a small black owned business to start and not have any type of momentum or leverage and to go into retail. So it was very risky and my goal was to go into retail year five. I wasn't even expecting to go into retail the year that we did, but we had built up so much much momentum, and we had built up this great community and it got the attention of the retailers. So our first retail partner was Sally Beauty, and they heard about us on social media, and of course retailers they want to be a part of brands that can add value to them. So you can't just go into a retailer saying, oh, I want to put my products on your shelf and expecting them to do the marketing for you. You have to have something that you can bring value or add to their shelf. And we were a brand that was a disruptive brand and it caught their attention and then they called us to have a meeting with them, and it was so divine because when we got the call to have a meeting with Sally's, their headquarters is in Denton, Texas, we were actually there in Dallas for my daughter's gymnastics competition, so we.
Speaker 24: Were not there for any business meeting.
Speaker 25: And I actually almost turned down a meeting because we were there with our kids and we're like, well, we don't have a babysitter to go into this corporate meeting. And they wanted us so bad. They were like, bring your kids to meeting. So they were like five and nine at the time, and they did. And I told them, like, you guys better not say anything going there and sit with your hands folded, like don't move, because this is a really big deal. And I went in there with no presentation, just talked about my love and passion for this space. And they tested us in ninety five stores and they said, we're going to test you out because you're a new brand, and we'll see how the brand goes. We launched in February and every store that we were selling in seld out in less than two hours.
Speaker 2: It was just because of social media.
Speaker 24: It was just because of social media. Instagram at that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still kicking it with the founder and CEO of my l Organix, Monique Rodriguez.
Speaker 4: Jess, why did you decided to sell it to ping, you know, crackdown Gamble.
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 25: So when we decided to sell, it was all about scale and global infrastructure. When you are growing a brand in order to scale, it's all about access to capital and having the great infrastructure and people to help execute your vision. And so the thing is like, we didn't need to sell. We wanted to sell because we wanted to invest in innovation, We wanted to have global reach, and we wanted to be able to create more accessibility for the consumers that we serve. You know, when you look at the Texture Haircare Aisle, it's a small space and our community, like we complain that we don't have access to great products. And my whole goal from the very beginning of building Mayo was to build a global empire. And I know that as founders, we did our best to take the brand as far as we could with our resources. And this is a normal trajectory of business. The goal of building a brand is to either ipo or exit, and I've accomplished that goal. And the great thing about it is I've been able to negotiate my contract to where I'm still on board. I'm still making the decisions, I'm still running the company, i still at the vision for it. So it's a very unique structure that you know, not everyone sees, and I know the community tends to be scared of brands that are acquired, but it's really a great win for us, especially as a black brand, a black girl from the South Side of Chicago. Right to even have the opportunity to have a conversation a seat at the table with the conglomerate like a PNG is a huge win of it in itself because we don't get opportunities like that often. We don't see it all the time, And you know, I wanted to show the possibilities of what's possible, like we can take the heat us as founders. I can take the heat of breaking glass ceilings because I know that I'm also paving the way for my daughter's generation so she can build a brand and create something great and have a successful exit. Because we build thriving communities when we build brands, scale them exit, we build generational wealth, not just for us or for the community we serve preach monique.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: One of the hardest things to do in life is to explain business to people who ain't up, who.
Speaker 24: Don't understand business. Yeah, that's the hardest thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I don't have to understand How did that affect your business?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Because people see it differently. Where did you lose a lot of people or people hating on it? Did it mess business up? How did that affect y'all?
Speaker 25: No, when we soda didn't mess business up. And that's the thing, Like when we made the announcement, you know, I really took the time to try to educate the community on the why, like why businesses scale up, why you know, we become acquired, and it's to create generational wealth and so we can have more access to help our community. So I put this whole message out to explain. And while we did have a huge amount of support from the community, I mean, you know, like the bigger you are, the more eyeballs are, you're also going to have people that don't like it, that don't understand it. And I feel that if you know, there's so much access to information out here, right, so if you really want to know how business works, you can research it right and you can take the time to listen when someone's trying to educate hate you.
Speaker 24: And I say this all the time, ignorance is a choice. Sure, you can choose to be ignorant.
Speaker 25: When you have information in front of you, and if you just choose to not pay attention to it, then that is your choice and you have a right to your choice. But I'm going to choose to focus and educate those that want to be educated, that want to understand the why, and also those that want to start a business, have an idea and what is the trajectory of that. I want to show that by example because it's not normal in our community. We have to normalize this because when I did my deal, it was, oh, you're a unicorn. Yeah, that's almost great, but it's not great because we don't want to be unicorns. We want this to be a normal conversation for us. And so it didn't hurt the brand. But you know, I think it also comes with the territory. And I say this all the time to things. If you don't want to be copied or criticized, then don't be great.
Speaker 4: Sure, did you say, I'm sure you saw the TikTok trends of people saying that they lost their hair after you did sell to PNG silently, you know, the day they have something to do with the formula. They said, this is not the same mile, this is not the same formula. And people, you know, it was a lot of people saying that they had lost their hair behind And what would you say to that?
Speaker 25: Yeah, and you know, hair loss is you know, traumatic in it of itself, and I can empathize with anyone that has suffered with hair loss. I myself has suffered with postpartum shedding hair loss right, And I think I want people to realize, like, this is the reason why I created the brand, right. I created this brand to serve women with healthier products for their hair. When I made the decision to partner with PNG, it was very intentional. A lot of thought went into the decision making process. This was not a fly by night decision.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 25: It was a lot of due diligence done on both ends, my end and their ends. And we have to realize, like when you think of PNG, a lot of the products that are in our household are by PNG. They are a brand that's been around for hundreds of years that creates longevity, sustainability across generations with their brands. So I would never sell to a company that I knew that I thought would harm my creation. Like Mayel is my baby. Mayel was birth out of heartbreak, like this is something that's near and dear to my heart. I would never sell to a company that I thought was going to ruin, you know, my brand. So, and the thing is like people have to realize that I'm also a nurse, right Like I lead with empathy, I lead with compassion, I lead with caring about the community that I serve. We would never put anything in our products that are going to damage or disrupt any woman's hair. And the people that are saying the formulas change, the formulas have not changed.
Speaker 24: You know, if people.
Speaker 25: Would actually take the time to see our products that were in twenty twenty, twenty twenty, right and you look at now since after the partnership, the farmers are still the same. So the thing is like misinformation is spreads like wildfire, and people don't take the time to do their homework and do their own due diligence before coming to their own assumptions. But I can confidently say that our products do not cause people's hair to fall out.
Speaker 3: And also people just be hating. You mean to tell me that after you get acquired by product then and before undisclosing. Mind, they know you got that cake all of a sudden. It's just all of these TikTok videos online people saying, yeah, the product make my hair fall out all of a sudden.
Speaker 24: Yeah, it came out of nowhere. Come on, man, and it's the same yeah, come on. And it's like I use the products.
Speaker 25: My daughter she used, Look at her hair her it's beautiful, Like my family uses the products.
Speaker 24: Like this is like, I don't take this lightly.
Speaker 25: And this partnership has always been led with honesty and transparency, and I'm gonna be honest with you guys. What people also don't realize is that when you are a smaller brand, a lot of the things that you do can go under the radar because you don't have a lot of eyeballs on you.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 25: I've seen brands that are smaller that have products out and they don't even have the ingredients listed on their products.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 24: When you are a bigger brand, you can't do that.
Speaker 25: So the level of compliance and processes and the level of strictness that we had to be in compliant with to even talk to PNG. The safety regulations were like through the roof. So people have to understand, like this is a large company. They operate with the highest level of safetiness, right and they've even helped us operate even more safer, so people can trust like these products are good to use. Nothing has changed. We operate with the same level of integrity. Everything's the same, other than we just have access to more.
Speaker 3: And you know those I would like to see all the brands that are producting and Gamble has just just my stuff makes your hair fall out, allegedly the black women own product just makes sure the black women gambling around for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would also also say that every hair product's not for everybody, Like what you use in your hair that might work for you or your daughter might not work for me or my daughter. You know that doesn't mean that it's it's all. It's all in people's hairs, yeah, yeah, and yours, like there's nothing that.
Speaker 9: Work for you all.
Speaker 3: PCTY and Gamble have been around forever and nobody's made those complaints.
Speaker 2: But now all of a sudden Come on, man.
Speaker 1: Of course we're still kicking it with Monique Rodriguez to found the n CEO of My Organics. She has a new book, The Glory in Your Story, Charlamage.
Speaker 3: Do you think the black community puts too much pressure on black owned businesses to be perfect and they'll give grace to like other billion dollar brands that don't ever even show up for us.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 25: Absolutely, Like I mean we can see it all the time, Like we see millionaires, billionaires that build companies exit all the time, and we celebrate it.
Speaker 2: That's the point of business.
Speaker 25: Like that, that's the point of business. But when a black person does it, like we tear them down. And the thing is like, we got to choose our heart, We got to pick our battles. We complain as a community that we have a access lack of access to capital, mentorship, expertise, But then when we're trying to create these avenues of creating wealth so we can create access to capital, expertise and mentorship, there has to be more of us to do it, then we tear it down. So either you don't want the access or then when we do get the access, you can't tear us down.
Speaker 24: For forgetting that access.
Speaker 25: And that's why I said, we gotta we gotta choose our heart as a community, because we can't have it both ways, because what happens is we stifle our community when we tear black brands down for doing what other cultures do all the time. We stifle us because now it causes fear in investors, It causes strategics to say, oh, now you're more risky, so now I'm going to devalue you. So me, if I was a different culture, my value could have been more if that risk wasn't there. So all we're doing is we're setting ourselves back because the next Monny Garderiguez that comes forward that tries to do this, they're going to ask the question like because they asked me, how's your community gonna feel about this?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 25: And now we have to come up with the whole strategic plan on how to relay this message message in an educational way. When I ask them back, do you have to do this with any other cultures? Their response was n.
Speaker 3: So how easy to expound on that one, Because I think what you're speaking to is whenever it's something like this happens, right, like you know, you do get acquired by P ANDNG. The backlash from social media can be so bad that it makes these companies be like, whoa should we have done that situation?
Speaker 2: And they'll think about doing that, you know, to the next person.
Speaker 25: Right, And that's why it's important that when black brands scale and are exited, we have to show up even more as a community to support those brands because now they're looking at these brands as a case study. They're looking at Mael now as a case study of like what happens when you're acquired and does the community still ride for you?
Speaker 24: Does the community still support you?
Speaker 25: And again, if we don't support and they start to see sales drop off, then it stifles opportunity for a next entrepreneur that wants to scale. And that's the part we have to realize. And again to your point, we can't expect people that you know, don't understands, not in business, to understand business. But again, like we're creating platforms like this to help spread the word and to educate, right, We're taking the time to educate you, so you should say in your mind, I'm going to support this black founded brand. Like let's not just say we support black owned. Let's also support black founded brands, right, because we're all a community.
Speaker 24: We're all in this together.
Speaker 25: In order for us to create these thriving communities, we got to support us right, things that are made by us, created by us, not just owned by us. Because you should have the freedom and the opportunity to do whatever it is that you want to do with your brand. If you want to stay small and local, you have a purpose to serve, you should be able to do that. If you want to stay online and serve just online consumers, you should be able to do that. If you want to scale and exit and be acquired or ipo, you should have the freedom and flexibility to do whatever it is that you want to do with your brand without being criticized.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think there's a lot of people feel like, well, a lot of founders get pushed out when the big money shows up. So they just want to make sure that y'all still calling the shots and it's not just a black face on like a white white boardroom.
Speaker 25: Yeah no, Like, I'm on zoom calls pretty much every day, so talking about ma L and product innovation and development and marketing and different events and activations and how we can show up for the community. So you know, I mean, of course, I am the face of the brand. I created the brand, but I'm more than just a face. I'm also the strategic vision behind it as well too, so I have I make the final decisions on everything that touches the consumers. And I do it because I made it that way. So we put like those safeguards in place to protect our brand, to protect our legacy.
Speaker 4: You do what your husband are, yeah, I was saying, And it frees up a lot more of your time, so you can do things like write your book and then I'm sure to delve into other business endeavors and things like that. Because what PNG also is is like like good partners for you. Like they take on the bulk of fact you had to do all this by yourself. Yeah at one point, you know, I'm sure you had a team. But that's the part that they take on is well, like they make it I don't want to say easier, but a little bit more easier to run the whole shit.
Speaker 25: Yeah, Like they free up a lot of my mental capacity, so I can like have the mental capacity to make the hard decisions, the decisions that matter, And you mentioned something about manufacturing, like we still manufacture our own products, so manufacturing was not even P and D doesn't manufacture our products, That's what I'm saying, Like everything is still the same, Like we still manufacture in Chicago, right where I'm from. So yeah, and you built it with your husband, right, Yes, So my husband we've been together since I was sixteen, on each other since we were twelve and thirteen, and so we've literally like grown up together. And when I had this dream, he supported it from the very beginning, Like he operates from a very logistical, finance operations mindset.
Speaker 24: And I'm the visionary, the creator.
Speaker 25: And like when you just merge those two different sides of the brain, you know, skill sets, like we've been able to build this, you know, amazing company and be this dynamic duo because you know, we both add different value to the company and different skill sets.
Speaker 2: A lot of don't mix business in marriage. What you say to that?
Speaker 7: I say, the wedding rings says it all that.
Speaker 24: Crazy crazy yours is too. Thank you you said about mixing.
Speaker 2: Business business with marriage?
Speaker 24: What do you think I mean?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 24: I think you have to know, like what works for you and your marriage.
Speaker 25: Like I've met some married couples that are like, well, we can't work together and they're happier not doing so, And that's totally fine. I don't think there's no wrong or right answer for us. It works well for us because you know, the things that he does for the company, I honestly don't even want to do. And of course he knew nothing about hair care and products, so he couldn't really operate in my space. And I think if you want to make it work, you have to like take your egos out of it. You know, you can't be in competition with your spouse. And my husband he was always big on like pushing me to the forefront. He's like, listen, this is your time to shine.
Speaker 24: Women. You guys have been held back for so long.
Speaker 25: Like I'm okay with putting you out there and letting you be at the forefront and now just helping support you on the back end. And I just think that it takes a real man to say, you know what, I'm okay with being behind the scenes and you being out there and I'm gonna just support your vision and him not feeling like, well, I'm the man, I'm the protector, like you can't be out there like he was very comfortable saying I'm just gonna support you.
Speaker 24: And he's done just that.
Speaker 25: And you know, my mentor told me, she's like, there will be no may l if it wasn't for you, Melvin and you or you you and like you guys had to build this together. And you know it's I think it works for us. And you just have to know, like what works for you and have respect for each other, respect each other's roles and lanes, and you know, just be aligned with your vision.
Speaker 2: He's also a black man too.
Speaker 24: He's also a black man, yes from so his mom is Porto Rican. Oh yeah, but all right, yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Pick up right now. The glory in your stories.
Speaker 3: Man, you are an inspiration, Monique, you and your husband Melvin. I really respect what it is that y'all are doing and have done, and I wish and pray for much more successful.
Speaker 24: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Monique Rodriguez. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren be coming a straight fast. She gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 16: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you things, the latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 2: Everything's the latest.
Speaker 9: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: All right, y'all.
Speaker 18: So Diddy back in court again this week, but right now, there's there's gonna be some explosive testimonies today, including Capricorn Clark that we will hear from a man named Lance.
Speaker 2: Who is For people that don't know.
Speaker 18: Capricorn Clark is a previous personal assistant of Ditty's. But she has come up in this case in this hearing almost every single day that I've been there, because she was around and has witnessed so much. She is the woman that Kit Cutty alleges called her and said, hey, Diddy's at your house. She's the woman that is alleging that Diddy made her get in the car with him to go to kit Cutty's house. She was, you know, the person that knew about the Berner phone that Cassie talked about that she will talk to kit Cutty on. She knows a lot of the things and everyone has mentioned her. So now we will finally get to hear from her about her testimony, her experiences. But before we get there, today, Diddy's team, Brian still his attorneys actually asking for kit Cutty's testimony to be thrown out. What he's saying is that because so they're saying that it's unfair and it's legally irrelevant. They're saying, number one, that there's no proof of what kit Cutty is saying. That everything is is his opinion or what he believes. But there's no evidence. There's no confession from Diddy, and there's no actual receipts.
Speaker 2: Car that was blown up, So I get to that part.
Speaker 18: So they're also saying that because he has no personal knowledge of seeing did he there himself?
Speaker 16: It's all speculation.
Speaker 18: Now to answer your question, you're talking about the car was blown up, so there should be DNA, there should be all these things, right, that's what you're asking. No, that's well, if a car what Diddy's team is saying is if a car is blown up, and you're going to say that did he was lying to you? Because remember kit Cutty said, I asked him about it and I knew he was lying to me, said them. Understand, if you're going to say that, you need something hard to back that up, of course, exactly to back it up.
Speaker 2: So you need.
Speaker 18: You need something more, like, we need more evidence. We can't just go off of what you think happened because of all these events that you just put together and said, you know what, he has to be responsible for. That's what they're saying now.
Speaker 16: Getting to the car.
Speaker 18: So Lance Jimenez, he is a City of La Fire Department arson investigators. So he's gonna get on the stand and testify to responding to the car arson of kit Cutti's and they're going to get into this DNA conversation because Brian Still, when kit Cutty was on the stand, tried to get to the point that there was DNA found on a bottle in the car on kit Cutty's Porsch that was blown up, and there was DNA evidence on that bottle that linked to a woman.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense to me because I saw people keep saying that on social media, and I'm like, what y'all thought that Diddy through the car the bottle himself.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say. You really think Didd he got out the top and then.
Speaker 2: His head dirty? Come on, That's that's what y'all really think happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they're leaning into one of those for for Diddy.
Speaker 18: See, they're going to lean into if the glove don't fit like I, if you don't have the physical evidence that puts him there at the crime doing it, then what are we even talking about right now?
Speaker 3: And unless it's a woman that comes out and says, hey, I was paid by Diddy to do X practice, then.
Speaker 16: That's a whole other conversation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 16: Here's the thing.
Speaker 18: So, when uh the Arson detective or investigator gets on the stand, the government is asking the judge to not allow Brian still did he's attorney to even be able to bring up that DNA. And the reason why they're asking that is because they're saying that even though he'll be able to testify that he responded and there were reports taken, uh he according to this this document that they submitted, the investigator says that they only recovered partial female DNA and he can't speak to what partial female DNA even means. They also say that he did not personally collect the swabs, he didn't perform the testing himself, and he has no personal knowledge regarding the testing other than what was included in the report, and they're saying that the report basically it's like it's not a full report, so it doesn't talk about any other DNA that would it would.
Speaker 16: Have been possibly found.
Speaker 18: And their legend at this bottle could have went through multiple hands before it got to the car where then you.
Speaker 16: Know the car was blown up.
Speaker 2: So was it a rock bottle?
Speaker 16: It just set like a glass like they ain't say that if it would have been that, that would have been crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wouldn't have did that, I'm sure, and I'm sure Diddy didn't do it himself. So all the DNA just makes no sense. Like Charlage said, lest somebody's gonna come out and say Diddy paid me to do that.
Speaker 3: Like this is if I tell you one thing, though, I'm surprised did he tem and raised the hell about capricorn.
Speaker 2: Clock taking this stand? But let's starts today a capricorn clock ring. I'm telling y'all right now.
Speaker 18: People are if you've been paying attention to this case, even though you might not know her as like a celebrity name, people are really looking forward to her testimony because she has a lot that she can speak to. They're gonna want to lean into, like, you know, conversation about his Diddy's a less jealous rages that he would go when it came to Cassie the kick cutty stuff that we just talked about.
Speaker 16: There were instances with the woman Gina that Didd.
Speaker 18: He used to date that another personal assistant said that he witnessed that made him allegedly quit, and he said he went to Capricorn Clark and told her, Hey, I'm quitting because this is what I just saw. So Capricorn Clark is a very important witness for both sides because she has seen a lot and if you can debunk a lot of what she's going to say, you can prove either Diddy right or wrong. And if you can get her on the stand, and she fills in a lot of the holes that we've been hearing.
Speaker 2: She was Diddy's assistant, right, one of.
Speaker 18: Did these, but he had like four or five assistants, but she was it seems like she was like the go to for a lot of things. She also there were conversations that Cassie mentioned on the stand where she was involved in like the whole like escorts and getting them to different places allegedly and all these things.
Speaker 1: So did we ever find out if these people who are testifying for prosecution are getting immunity?
Speaker 18: So I was told by a source that there are conversations about that. And then one of the personal assistants that was on the stand, his name was George Kaplan. He said, I don't want to be here. I still love did he even though this is a very complicated relationship. And they asked him, well, why are you here? You receiving some sort of like immunity. He didn't say yes, definitely, but he said that there was a conversation with his attorney, but he couldn't recall the conversation.
Speaker 16: So that is the closest I've gotten to get.
Speaker 1: If you're giving all these people immunity, of course they're going to say what they want to say because they're not going to be charged, right, They're more likely to represent for the prosecution team.
Speaker 2: Than the defensive. If you're gonna give me immunity.
Speaker 16: Yes and no, because I mean, if you're immunity, you just say whatever. Who's gonna do something to you?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: I was wondering too, how many of these people were actually uh did these cold defendants? But then they flipped before tryuse. You know it's a recall, right, so when it's recod gotta be more than one person.
Speaker 9: I wanted how many.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many of these people were actually his colds, but then they decided to give testimony against him.
Speaker 1: I would assume a lot even with Cassie, I mean anybody that's involved, maybe CC, with Capricorn Clocks.
Speaker 16: C C, C and KKH, Christina Christina.
Speaker 4: KK CCS, it's a lot of he had a lot of he gonna hit the stand Who Booty.
Speaker 16: Because google Booty, Witness liked Witness, don't drop me on.
Speaker 2: The show on the stage. What's the other ones name? Want to stay?
Speaker 3: That was Boutang, But that's the booty that just was there to participate. I'm talking about the boy that got penetrated.
Speaker 2: I know that's coming.
Speaker 18: So Christina is another person that is that's KK, and then CC is capral Crank Clark And you really had me looking up bootee because I'm like, well, how.
Speaker 2: Did I miss How did I miss Booty?
Speaker 18: There's more to this because Dawn Richard Darmershard you guys, remember she took the stand. Now Q from making the band has come out with some claims against her and all of this as.
Speaker 2: Well to tell us why he was crying.
Speaker 16: You did tell us why he was crying.
Speaker 18: But we need to bring it back in the next hour because there's audio and I want to make sure that we could play. But he finally revealed while he was crying about puff and while he was up allegedly and why membery he was up here? He said, y'all gonna find out later. He didn't want to talk about it. So we'll get into it at the top of the next hour.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next. Charla, your boot ty too, your donkey too?
Speaker 3: For after the hour, we need a couple of young brothers, Joshua Thomas Coleman and that dual boy to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: Uh, we like to have a word with them. All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Say the game, don't get.
Speaker 25: A day.
Speaker 2: Donkey today does not discriminating. I might not have the song today, but I got the donkey the breakfast club. Bitch, Who's keep today today? Donkey today?
Speaker 3: For Tuesday, May twenty seventh, Coach to Joshua Thomas Coleman and that dual boyd. They are the two suspects charged in connection with the fatal shooting of Kadeer Johnson, more commonly known as LGB lgp Quah. Okay, let me tell you something, man. Lgp Qua is a young brother that a lot of us followed on social media. A lot of us reposted you know, we we've talked about him here on the Breakfast Club from Philly.
Speaker 17: He was.
Speaker 3: He was a breath of fresh air, a young man who had themonica, the voice of the youth. And all he did was rap about things of socially redeeming value. Okay, all he did was rap about the reality of the street. But more importantly, how these young brothers didn't change their ways, they would end up dead. Are in jail? Play play something from LG lgp qua, Right, Colin Caberneta.
Speaker 5: I support you, hands doamn to us?
Speaker 2: How to stand up? Why do you think we nailed down volentine?
Speaker 26: Stay out to a massacre and shots through Seven same people got killed.
Speaker 9: In the Florida high school.
Speaker 16: Tell these little girls you are queen.
Speaker 2: That's the right move.
Speaker 16: More than like to kirk them on the gram again likes both.
Speaker 3: Time to stop the hating, time to make improvement there, time to stop.
Speaker 2: The killings and shoeings and all the suicide from the city. Brotherly loved. You know what's do without time to come together? Stick. They got to like that you're on the brown.
Speaker 1: I don't sell my soul because my pride won't a wrong with I ain't selling jobs.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just giving knowledge, dropping a clue bombs for LG's quad.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those killings that literally makes you understand and realize why you just gotta stay dangerous because it doesn't matter what you on.
Speaker 2: You can be presenting the best energy in the world.
Speaker 3: You can be a super positive person and there will be somebody out there, miserable, ready to take your life simply because they hate their own. Can we go to Fox twenty nine Philly for the report police.
Speaker 17: Right now, New developments and the murder of a beloved Philadelphia rapper. Police's arresting two suspects and the Mother's day murder of rapper Kwadir Johnson known as LGP Kuah, and they're looking for a third person. Police say this man right here, twenty one year old Amir Early is wanted for his alleged involvement in that May eleventh shooting. Police say Joshua Thomas Coleman an Abdul Boyd, both nineteen years old, are in custody and under arrest, charged with the rapper's murderer.
Speaker 2: Quad did nothing but speak out against gun violence.
Speaker 3: He did nothing but promote positivity, and Philly and y'all robbed and killed him on Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I was told they robbed him over a chain.
Speaker 3: Okay, three of y'all, Joshua Thomas, Coleman, Abdul boy and they're searching for a third suspect name Amir Early. You all robbed and killed a young man who was just trying to make it out the hood, okay, like you young brothers are okay. In fact, you killed a young man who I guarantee would have came up and came back for so many other young brothers in Philadelphia. I do not understand while we are so hell bent on hurting the people God sent to help us, and over a chain. By the way, I don't know if it was over a chain. I'm just repeating what my Philly folks told me. But whatever it was, over it wasn't something that was going to change all lives. Okay, you all are charged with murder, and in Philly, the penalty for murder rangers from life without parole to the death penalty. Okay, you both are nineteen years old, Amir is twenty one. Life as you know it is over. You will never be anything more than a number in a system. And I don't want to say what these kids be thinking. What do they know about prison that we don't know?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Small people learn from their own mistakes? Why people learn from the mistakes of others? Have we not seen enough people go to prison forever to know we don't need to be out here just killing each other.
Speaker 2: You taking a life and throwing your life away for what? I wonder did they even know who Qua was?
Speaker 3: If you knew who Qua was and still took his life knowing that he was just a positive brother who genuinely wanted better for you, and I really have zero remorse for you, okay from let the white man sort it out, because there's no saving lost souls like y'all. I know we have conversations about rehabilitation, but they got to re rehabilitating in prison. They don't ever deserve freedom. Okay, Kawhi would never breathe again. He got murdered at thirty. At thirty, I was just figuring life out. I was literally just getting started and entering the best times of my life. I wasn't even married at thirty. My first daughter was born two days before my thirty of born day. You know how much is life. I've lived from thirty to now. I'll be forty seven next month, and I thank God that he blessed me with the opportunity to see those years. And I pray for at least forty seven more. Actually need fifty four more, Okay, I need to die at one hundred and one. I actually read something yesterday that by twenty thirty humans could be a mortal with the help of nanobots that'll make us all immune to diseases. I don't think I want to lift forever, because I'm sure God has another adventure for my soul.
Speaker 2: But I want you to think about this.
Speaker 3: QUI will never get to experience any of that because he's deceased. So Joshua Abdul soon to be a man when they catch you, because they gonna catch you.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't deserve freedom. Ever again.
Speaker 3: Because you let your darkness turn someone's lives out. You let your negativity, your problem steal someone else's joy, someone else's enthusiasm, took a mother's child away on Mother's Day. You deserve the worst of what your judicial system has to offer. Because I am truly sick of us being our own worst enemy, and I will never understand why we hurt people who are just simply trying to help. Please give Joshua Coleman and our dual boyd the biggest he huh.
Speaker 2: And I me and earlier.
Speaker 3: You might as well turn yourself in. I don't even I don't even know what the hell you think you going. You might as well just go ahead and turn yourself in, but say judicial, slow it down next time. Spell it j U, D, I, C I A L.
Speaker 2: Don't play with me it is I'm not sure. The only reason I was right because you spelled it. Wow. Wow he tried it. Wow, he tried it. You spelled to write, all right, But thank you for that. Donkey of the day.
Speaker 1: Now let's open up the phone lines. This kind of this conversation started from behind the scenes. We were talking this morning eight hundred five eight five one O five one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Bring call Lauren now. Lauren is catching a little bit of heat right for what her wigs? No, what are you talking about when that?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, man, I'm talking about Lauren is catching a little heat.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 1: Lauren goes to the courthouse each and every day. She's a journalist, so she reports what's going on a trial, and she's out there and she's doing things. But on the weekend, Lauren, she she'll go to the beach, she'll wear a bikini. She'll go out, she'll have a good time, she'll be twirking. She does what she wants to do, afeuse, she has a light. Okay, So the question is eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 16: Killed my nerve and he'd ignored it.
Speaker 1: Does what you wear off the clock affect how people see your professionalism?
Speaker 2: Bikini in the d R, Yes, you have.
Speaker 16: First of all was leather shorts and the dr with a nice top and.
Speaker 2: Degrees. So people are mad that you are not mad that it was leather.
Speaker 16: They mad because that boobs, brown girl chafing.
Speaker 3: So your weekends, you can't wait.
Speaker 2: So the question is a Fiday five one oh five? The mini kids don't even do that.
Speaker 1: People are mad at Lauren because on the weekend she went out there, she had a bikini on.
Speaker 2: She was out there having a.
Speaker 1: Good time, and that I was saying, it's not professional, that's not what you should be doing your journal list. You're gonna being caught today and people look at you a little differently.
Speaker 2: That's why they was mad.
Speaker 1: And when we talked about it behind the scene, which really sparked my interest, what's Morgan that does front page news, she got pissed.
Speaker 2: Mama was like, no, you could talk with you want to talk on the weekend. It's your body. You could do what you want to do. If your fellas want to go out there and wear a baby suit is cool. When you got your shirt offs on the beach of the game. I mean, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 4: She came in here with pajamas on today. She could do what she wants and that today was a very I'm tired, you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: But I'm going to court and I'm looking Also, two people have an issue with me going to court looking nice. I look nice everywhere I go. You're just upset that the content is a little more right now.
Speaker 2: I thought they was mad because you had on leather in the dr that was justified. No, no, no, let's one five one. Since Lauren is a journalist.
Speaker 1: She's at court every day, do you have a problem on the weekend wearing a bikini or wearing.
Speaker 2: Provocative clothes or twerking on somebody?
Speaker 1: Can she have both?
Speaker 18: They also talking about mine. They was like, your boob's not asymmetrical. I said, you also used to not seeing around ones.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know, but you mean.
Speaker 4: Your boobs is a little bigger than they's crazy?
Speaker 16: Five yo, you look like a big toe. Can you just relast?
Speaker 9: I'm your phone in right now. You call me.
Speaker 1: At your opinion to the Breakfast Club Top break it Down eight hundred and.
Speaker 9: Five eight five one oh five one The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 2: With the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's d J n V Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: People were upset with Laura la Rossa very own.
Speaker 1: The reason being is Laura la Rossa being caught She's a journalist and when they see on the weekends, you know, she has a bikini on, she's dressing a little provocative, she's out, she's working, she's doing her thing, and people are upset about that.
Speaker 4: So what they're saying is they think she should take journalism a little bit more serious.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying, should class.
Speaker 16: They will start selling your body because you're starting to, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: God for bid you put on a little outfit and you and you support black business because that's what you're doing.
Speaker 16: Because it was a whole HBCU weekend.
Speaker 4: It's d R.
Speaker 16: What am I supposed to have on?
Speaker 2: What was that you wear? Now, further, before we get any.
Speaker 4: Of this to the plastics n y C. Those were the leather shorts that I was wearing.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense to wear leather in the d We at least admit that before we just judge people and act like the critic of Lauren is so bad.
Speaker 16: I focused on the leather only you are they.
Speaker 18: No, it was not a bikini. I was at a party. It was shorts. They were leather cut short.
Speaker 2: Was on stage, it was nighttime.
Speaker 18: It was a two thousands party. Shout out to Momore they get away that me and young jock host said it was a night.
Speaker 2: Time and they were not wearing leather on the beach. What you say the question is eight hundred five five one o five one.
Speaker 1: I guess people are saying that they feel like you should be wearing me and more professional. And we have CC on the line, see C, good morning, see good morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: I just want to say, this is my third time getting through to the breakfast club. I have great phone service.
Speaker 1: So what's what's your what's your coming?
Speaker 2: What's your thought?
Speaker 15: So what I was saying was if you was at the beach, then people should mind their business. But I mean if she was just out to dinner with friends or something like that, then yeah, I think she should cover up Like women clothing was generally like back in the day, was modest. They covered their arms, legs, and you know, sometimes their hair.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, right, what about leather? What about leather on the beach?
Speaker 5: I don't know about leather on the beach on the.
Speaker 1: Beach and leather, even if you feel like she should dress a little more professional when she's out and about nice at.
Speaker 15: The beach, That's what I'm saying. She's at the beach.
Speaker 24: Come on now.
Speaker 18: But friends, if it's summertime, it's one hundred degrees in New York. I can't wear shorts in the tank time because I.
Speaker 15: Like, yeah, shorts and the tank top to cover your the bottom of your butt teat and the tank top that at least covers the sid.
Speaker 18: But I just feel like I'm want to know people that maybe I know everybody. This is new and people are just now getting to know me and stuff. But like, I mean, I've been looking how I look. I don't know, maybe because I don't sit up here with y'all. Old people just understand like we're young, like this is what am I supposed to do. I'm not out here like flashing y'all on my Instagram because listen, even out then with my friends, I'm definitely showing that what's side.
Speaker 2: First of all, what makes you think there's older people that are critiquing you.
Speaker 18: I think it's you know what, you know where a lot of it came from. When I started feeling was it was.
Speaker 16: A lot of black women, and then it was an age gap.
Speaker 2: It was I don't like how you said black women just now.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean.
Speaker 18: Because I was seeing just some of the comments, and I got d ms from some women. I got to go look at their pages and not all It was so many people, and then like blogs picked up the pictures too, so the people were yell arguing on the blogs. They were arguing on Twitter, so I couldn't see everything. But the people who directly d M me and like, I think that they feel like it's with love, but it's like, what am I What do you want me to do? But they were older black women who were just like, look, we love you, we really like protect what you have going on. We want you to just basically present a certain way so that people receive you a certain way.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonnald you. I don't know where you're like, not like where You're not dressed like they like you be having your ass and your boobs out every day.
Speaker 16: Like I've never seen I dressed a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Skin beard than you, and I did somebody say under me, but I've never even seen you wear nothing out like that.
Speaker 18: And you know, I think that was a bit of it too. It's like because most of the time y'all see me, I'm here, I'm not dressing like that here.
Speaker 16: Yes, I'm always.
Speaker 13: Stop hanging out.
Speaker 1: When they see me, they be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, shoot, but her like she dresses like that all the time.
Speaker 4: But that's what she's out in the streets now. Well, I'm sorry, not out in the streets.
Speaker 2: Street It's fine, exactly.
Speaker 4: They don't I need I need to if they're saying you ridiculous. Sometimes they don't like I understand.
Speaker 2: They don't you dress ridiculous. What ridiculous is crazy? What say you dressed too? Because I don't.
Speaker 4: The boobs are out. They were just shocked to see me in short so short a people.
Speaker 2: It was as tall.
Speaker 16: I need to cover up.
Speaker 1: People shouldn't posting as a professional journalist.
Speaker 2: She's classy, she's dressed up.
Speaker 1: Class because my boobs are when they see on the weekend is Looke music on.
Speaker 16: But y'all, this just had to be. I had the reason because he only been a court for two weeks. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This is just this is news.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to record the show. What I told you you looked ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I told you that you looked ridiculous the first day of the court casell.
Speaker 2: This is not for you, Okay, what hello, well, hey, what's your name?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Shot here from Jersey City. Alright, before I started one thing, good morning of y'all. All right, all right, so check it out right. The thing is about image is when you project a certain image how into the world. If you project professionalism, that's what people is going to see. If you project ratchetness, that's what people are going to see. You project both, people are going to be confused. So you always want to project professionalism because that's what people want to see you as as a professional. It's hard for people to then doub you down as bratchet when your professional attitude, your professional image, and your professional character is shining more than anything else. That has to be a light of professionalism. The darkness has to be your ratchetness, which should be shown behind camera. So do what you want to do, but don't post it. You should post the professionalism. That way people can only see you as a professional. Don't let people judge.
Speaker 2: You for.
Speaker 18: You should themn your life because people judge you. Is what I just want to know, what's a professional beach attack? Because I was also that was that was a shut up? That was a job he's still on? Because I want to know in Newark He's from Newark, Jersey City. Wherever you what is professional beach attack? Because I was also booked to be there, so I'm at work, so I have to post. I have to look apart. I have to be out these events.
Speaker 16: What do y'all want me in? Y'all want me looking like hey, Arthur on the beach?
Speaker 10: Yo?
Speaker 4: And you can promote all of that. You can because you still have a personality name brown girl grind and been a thing since before did he decided he wanted to go to court like that? This is You've been you and it's okay for you to be a journalist with personality. Think you're not just a robot. You're not just your job.
Speaker 1: You're a bunch of different things.
Speaker 4: I don't even like what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: You from Jersey City. But you know, if you wear on the beach, people to think you alligated that's danger man.
Speaker 16: Let's wanting to beach all right?
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us. Layla ROAs has.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of heat this this weekend because people are saying that she's professional. She's doing the diddy court. She's at court every day, but on the weekend, boy turning up and people upset about that.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 16: This is just like Yo, she's in the d R.
Speaker 2: You see that if you're just joining us. Laurla ROAs is catching some heat.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: She she does the Diddy Trial each and every day. She's actually about to leave in the second the head over to the Diddy Trial. But on the weekend she was out and about in the DR. She had a bikini on, she was showing a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Hosting beach party. She was also hosting you know what I'm saying, if it's one hundred and seven degrees, what youould expect for.
Speaker 2: Me to do?
Speaker 1: Now people are upset a little bit and saying that that's not professional. They want her to be more professional. They want her to act like a journalist and act like she works for one of these huge companies. Yeah, Friday, Okay.
Speaker 2: And I told Lauren this already.
Speaker 3: I did have somebody reach out to me and said they actually said to me that Laurence should decide whether she wants to be an influencer or a journalist.
Speaker 16: I think those days are dead. Yeah, I think I want you guys to understand that.
Speaker 18: And just in the first week of me covering the Diddy child the way that I've been doing it, which honestly is just me turning on my camera telling people how I feel.
Speaker 16: I've had the Wall Street Journal reach out to me.
Speaker 18: I've had NBC News for in New York reach out to me several times and we're working on something right now. I've had BBC. I've had the best because shut up, I said, wow, no, no, no, not like the news outlet, not the like. But a lot of those platforms say to me they like what I do because they can't do it.
Speaker 16: And I've never been that girl.
Speaker 18: That's why I've always said, I don't know after I left my last job, where I would work, because this is.
Speaker 4: How I am and it's not changing. I believe that they want professionalism. They go to Brown Girl grinding, that is your brand. You do nothing but what aligns with your brand there and then and they want a little bit more personality, they go to Laura l Usa.
Speaker 2: That's it all right, we got hello, who's this Hi, Tay, Tay. What's your thoughts? Tay?
Speaker 14: So I'm kind of in the middle because I'm a stay at home mom, but I volunteer at my kids' school and I'm on the parent board, and I sit on different you know, I have different titles at the school. So the administrators and the staff and everything, they look at me a certain type of way. They uphold me to a certain standard. So I remember one day recently, I came up to my daughter's school to pick her up and it was kind of warm, so I had on the spaghetti strap like shirt and you could see all of my tattoos. I have tattoos on my arms, on my chests. And they weren't mad, but they were looking at me like, oh wow, missus hooks like we didn't know you were like that. They're looking at me like a goodie two shoes. So I'm gonna say that, yes, what you wear outside of work does have an effect on your image, but that's not our fault, that society's fault. It's how they view you, and it's not how you should you yourself. So yes, like I said, I'm in the middle. Yes, I agree that what it affects your immage, buddy shouldn't since I didn't just put you in a box like, oh, I'm a journalist, I have to dress like a journalist twenty four to seven. No, I have a life outside of this job that.
Speaker 1: I do right period, Thank you Mama.
Speaker 18: What I realize is like people are not used to like normally you see a jondalists. No shade to the other journalists girls, y'all know, I love y'all, But normally you see journalists and like they're not coming how I'm coming when I dress a different way.
Speaker 16: No, I'm just saying that, Like, know, what I'm saying is that where.
Speaker 18: I you'd be quiet, I got mad at me, Like I'm wrap my hair up because you're getting on my nerves. What I'm you, Yes, what I'm saying is that my background is a lot different than these other girls.
Speaker 16: I come from runway. I've always been modeling.
Speaker 2: Girl. You would never know America's next top model girl.
Speaker 16: Actually, actually I actually listed three times.
Speaker 17: For that.
Speaker 2: Runway. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 16: Fashion Week for Mad Feeder magazine, I've done.
Speaker 2: It's a huge.
Speaker 18: Matt Feeder is a a is a new media brand for like the New Girl. So like all the new female rappers go through their their fashion show is a big deal and I opened.
Speaker 22: Like I do.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm saying. Since she was doing New York fans, you just didn't believe her. You know what I'm saying is what I listen to me. Listen, it's not about leather shorts.
Speaker 16: You know what I think it's about.
Speaker 18: People can't What I was trying to get to is people can't understand duality. I can be good at my job. I can read, I set a little bit. I can read, but I can also present well and everywhere I go I'm just nice. So if that's your issue, you'll really need to follow me because I'm cute and I know it's it's nothing I can do.
Speaker 4: Like, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 17: Be you?
Speaker 1: I agree with you a thousands said long. You should be able to do what you want to do, how you want to do it. You present yourself in court a different way. You're on the beach.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what you want her to wear on the beach.
Speaker 16: But even New York in the summertime, you.
Speaker 2: Have a good time. That's what you want to do.
Speaker 1: You don't have to dress up to prove or to satisfy anybody out there.
Speaker 2: They can all SMD. Now, you make yourself happy and whatever makes you happy. If everybody I.
Speaker 3: Would say to me, professionalism isn't about a tire, correct, It's based on your work. Because I see people who will praise Mark Cuban for coming to a meeting and a T shirt, but they want somebody else to be in a suit.
Speaker 9: Correct.
Speaker 3: But the reason they don't mind Mark Cuban being in a T shirt because Mark Cuban has already shown up and Mark Cuban has delivered results time after time. So I just think that's what it's about you. To really be looked at as a professional, you have to show up and consistently and constantly do the work.
Speaker 18: But you know what, I think, I think the days of certain professionalism being in attire are just going. Like when I even the way I talk that you know that gets critique all the time, the way I talk like this, all of that stuff. I think that what the reason why y'all even care y'all arguing about my leather and my whatever is because I'm cutting through and I'm cutting through because I'm not dumbing myself down. I'm being myself and you seeing the results, and that's all it is. That people don't understand that, And that's okay. If you don't hit, you got to hit the creep dance before you, and I had to let my hair breathe. I was just like, let me get the girls a little bit of Yes, listen, people.
Speaker 4: Want to say something saying what you want, toying to find something, But what you do take this serious? Show you really do take this stuff serious.
Speaker 2: And that's what I want to see.
Speaker 17: Yo.
Speaker 2: He did, she did. She takes it very good serious. I was gonna say the runway that you walk be right there.
Speaker 9: We didn't.
Speaker 2: We don't. Oh my goodness, all right, we got the ladies who run? What were you talking about?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 16: Never ladies, little fat feet, you could never.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 18: We're going back to Diddy. Yeah, and well really it's Dawn and Q from day twenty six. There's a conversation about why he was crying upset. He allegency was drugged and I don't know some other thing.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 2: She gets them. Somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 16: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything, and she'd be.
Speaker 2: Having the latest on you.
Speaker 9: The law The Latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: It's the latest.
Speaker 9: The break was cloud.
Speaker 16: So Q of day twenty six. You know, they were all making the band four.
Speaker 18: He has finally come out and had a conversation about why he was so upset and crying. You know a lot of his interviews talking about Diddy and that whole conversation, and he is making some really huge allegations against Dawn Rochard.
Speaker 16: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: My ex at the time, which was Dawn. She gave me an ecstasy pill.
Speaker 26: Yeah, she said it was ecstasy, and she said it was from Puff to give to me, and it was red And I took it because I thought I was going to get frea hut with my girlfriend, and I trusted her that that's what it was. So I took it immediately. And she had one too. He gave her two of them. I took mine within like twenty minutes. I knocked out and blacked out. I woke up in the Twins' bedroom in the basement, and I woke up out of my sleep screaming very very loud.
Speaker 2: The Twins, Diddy Twins his girls.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I woke up in their bed to Canber's filming me and they were laughing as I woke up bottom my sleep screaming and I'm not gonna cry.
Speaker 2: It felt very sacrificial.
Speaker 27: That's why I ad met when I said I felt like they were trying to hurt me or Diddy was trying to maybe sacrifice p that night. Now, when c was up here, y'all remember that, we almost kind of got to the Diddy conversation because we were asking did they experience anything, and he was like, yeah, very triggering.
Speaker 18: He didn't want to talk about it. Then they went on I believe it was a black TV and he broke down. But now we finally have some more details and that comes from the Amy and TJ podcast Amy Robot and TJ Holmes. They have this series that they're doing with RBO Day called Covering the Didty Trial. So he was a guest. Now, those allegations are big. It's kind of crazy to hear it. Dawn actually had to come out and respond because people were like, hold on, with everything else that's going on, I don't think people even yes. Uh, So Dawn came out and said that you know, she wants to be clear. She has never drugged anyone or given anybody any pills the suggestion that she did so, it's categorically false. If such a belief were genuine, it would be inconsistent with the actions that followed, such as inviting me into your home, introduced me to your youngest sisters and family, and continue a relationship with me. It would also be inconsistent choosing to attend social events without me engaging with individuals I had previously expressed concerns about and continue to live with or provide favors to those same individuals. Many of these actions occurred while I was not present or even in contact with you throughout our time together. Even after our separation, I made a conscious decision to not share or disclose private matters or the circumstances surrounding the end of our relationship to protect you when she put you in caps.
Speaker 16: I did this out of respect for you and your family.
Speaker 2: I think the rest because.
Speaker 3: She's doing the same thing the Q that people are doing the Cassie like, why would you stay with a person after they do something right?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 2: Heaneously, but I don't know what's true and what's not. I'm just saying it's interesting that that's true.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the route she took, yeah, I mean but when she went so Darwishard also took the stand in Diddy's trial, and when she testified, she spoke in support of Cassie for the most part. So I just want to make sure that that's clear. But yes, people are doing that to Cassie, and yes, yes, and that's exactly.
Speaker 2: Why would you blah blah blah, that's not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just think it's crazy that she had took the stand and nobody brought up to say that she had just worked with Diddy. She's on the last album, the album.
Speaker 18: No, they didn't get to They brought up her being in contact with him after leaving the whole Diddy situation twenty eleven, but they didn't specifically bring up the love album. And I did ask why did they not? And I was told they don't know. But yeah, so that happened. So maybe that's a bit more of an explanation for people. But picking up spirits, yeah, because yeah, picking up the spirits, pick up the spirits, picking up the spirits. Travis Hunter married his fiance Leanna Leney. They got married on Saturday, and did y'all see the video of him dancing at the reception.
Speaker 16: He seems so happy. I feel so bad for you.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 18: Oh my god, he's such a good There was also a video that when biraled him this weekend of he was like walking by a backyard and a kid was like doing football training or like runs and he stops him and kind of.
Speaker 4: Like the kid is like, oh my god. But he gives his new wife a g wagon. They're just having a good time.
Speaker 18: The wedding was beautiful, but people are having a conversation about whether or not he got a prenup.
Speaker 16: There have been reports that he has no prenup.
Speaker 2: A relationship.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think it's just because of all of the stuff that went viral leading up to the wedding. But I'm like, man, is this boy can't catch your break? Because that has become the conversation around whether he should have a prenup or not with this woman because of our reports that he does not have one.
Speaker 4: But look, if he don't want one, he don't want one, work don't let I know, he young and all that, whatever, if he don't want one and his mother not the person to talk to him about that, or you know, his wife's mother. It's all right, it's sorry. I'm pretty sure he got lawyers and all ladies of professional athlete.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If he ain't take care of it, it may not be his decisions, Okay, I mean it may have been his decision to not have one. Like people to worried about it.
Speaker 3: People are so invested in their relationship and it's we because it's like, if they work out, they work out, it's for them, right. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, And guess what only people got to deal with that is them?
Speaker 2: People can't.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I just thought it was unfortunate.
Speaker 18: I'm like that he's so happy and celebrating and boom, here come to conversations, but say, like you'd.
Speaker 4: Be happy celebrating yourself then boom, why she went it?
Speaker 16: But you know what, I'm not mad at it. I'd be like, boom, let's post some merch to tell.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Travis ain't mad, but he was just as happy. Oh my god, he was so happy that he backed it up and bought a coward.
Speaker 16: And hitting the little dance.
Speaker 2: He was cool. You don't got to go my hand somebody to thank you. Sometimes asking Lauren why she wearing that is a valid question. Why, Like, it's not why we let you.
Speaker 18: Every day you come in here a different color and we let you. We don't ask you why you go from the dark the dark like the mocha in the middle.
Speaker 16: We let you be great. Whatever you want to be, fighting for your hairlines, we let.
Speaker 17: You be.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't talk about hairlines.
Speaker 16: However you want to be.
Speaker 3: Baby, Listen, I'm just simply saying, what is Lauren wearing is a valid question?
Speaker 2: Something pull up with leather on the beach. What is she wearing is a valid question.
Speaker 18: I wasn't on a beach, but you know, I don't mind you asking that question because thank you, because now it has become a question that a lot of the media outlets are following as well too. And you know I always wear black designers, so it's given platforms. So that's how I'm gonna spin that. But back to what we was doing over here.
Speaker 2: But you have that cow out the other day, and I told you I was listen, I'm not even lying, y'all.
Speaker 3: On her desk it was like a miniskirt, but it was made out of cowskin, and it was called.
Speaker 2: Mouberry, and I'm like, lawing, don't you put that black?
Speaker 9: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Gun crazy with suspended the mini skirt with gun holders is suspending. Then it was called move berry and it was cowskin. She had it laid out like the first day of school.
Speaker 2: She are you gonna? Are you gonna wear it?
Speaker 16: Because when you need it? It was exactly.
Speaker 18: It was a sample because, like I told you, I modeled, so they send it to me to try on so they can get the measurements right. But I mean, now I'm gonna wear it because I think I should photo shooting it because.
Speaker 4: You're so upset where you like to shoot down. I don't want to hear nothing but apology.
Speaker 3: Yes when you wear that and post that, does everybody go to her business putting umber?
Speaker 2: Please? You gotta get the past.
Speaker 1: I gotta go all right. That's the latest with Lauren. Let's get to the mixed people's choice mixes. The Breakfast Club, Go Morning, wake Up.
Speaker 9: If you're like into the Breakfast Club, warning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is j n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne the guy, we are the Breakfast Club again. I just want to say salute to everybody that I ran into in Saint Martin. Had an amazing time. I salute the soul beach. I do it each and every year. We just have a great time.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Some of the biggest artist, biggest comedians, and biggest DJs on on one island. It's just always a great time. And then slew to Marster Energy. Indiana was dope as well. Tonight the Knicks will win.
Speaker 2: That's what's up now. You was in Connecticut and Boston.
Speaker 4: Yes, Connecticut and Boston, and yo, listen, Boston give it. I love Connecticut. Yes, Connecticut. Yes, I love my Connecticut cousins and all that. Boston was crazy. Yes, like Yo, the energy I got went Yo. You know somebody you used to getting standing ovations when you walk off the stage. They stood up for me when I went out there before I even said anything like at wilber Theater. Man, shout out to the staff at wilberd Theatrey took great care of me, my fans.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I ate good in Boston.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 4: And then after that they had like an after party at the w I stayed at the w Yo. They turned the lobby into like a little lounge and they had the led lights and it was so mixed and egg you know it was.
Speaker 2: It was very very dope.
Speaker 4: So man shout out the bus and I can't be I'm back there.
Speaker 2: Man, I loves yeah all right.
Speaker 1: And also salute to Monique Rodriguez for joining us. She was the founder n CEO of Maya Mayo.
Speaker 4: Maya Spanish Yo. He was like me lely yo, it's crazy. He saw rodder gaze and.
Speaker 2: Went crazy exactly Maya. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And she got a new book, to Glory and Your Story, activating a feelss faith to change your life, your career in the world. So if you were interested in monique story, man, go make sure you go get her book.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And speaking of the books, I want to salute to Don Staley.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Thank you to everybody who came out to Philadelphia this weekend to check Don Staley out. Don Staley had a book signing in Philly. You know that's her crazy. Oh my god, twenty five hundred people or something crazy. Salute everybody who came out to see Don Staley and Philly. She'll be in Columbia this Thursday.
Speaker 4: South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donald being Colombia this Thursday, May twenty ninth, six pm at the R two I two Conference Center. I don't even know why I told you that, because it sold out already. Damn yes, it's a hearty sold out. I just saw that that it sold out. But yes, make sure you go get a copy of Don Staley's new book, Uncommon Favor, available everywhere you buy books.
Speaker 1: Now it's time to get up out of here, Cholaman. You get a positive note, I do.
Speaker 2: The positive note is simple, man.
Speaker 3: Please remember that you can receive all the compliments in the world, all the likes in the world, all of that, but that won't do a thing unless you believe in yourself.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, Breakfast club bitches, you don't finished for y'all. Dom