Speaker 1: Thank you for your coming back. Part two is underway. But what.
Speaker 2: Why is it that I'm like you said, you had people that you were cool with until you started making money, until million dollars worth of game took off, and then all of a sudden, as long as we right here, Gilly and Wallow right here and everybody else right here, we cool. Heydt by dog while on Gilly go here, they still there.
Speaker 1: While Gilly go here and you go here, you go here.
Speaker 3: Man, I hate no, not just that people don't understand. First. Once the money's cut off, then it's the time you don't kick it with me no more. You fake no, bro, It wasn't about me kicking, which is about the money. Sometimes it be that, but a lot of times new levels, new devils. Man, You understand, this is a year, real deep. A lot of things change. When you build an infrastructure, there's gonna be people that's gonna be like, man, shan I need you to do I can't do that right now. I'm building my stuff because people stop stopping, stop worrying about what you got. Personally, you don't have the people that hit you up. You all right, ainything cool, You're taking rest.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're eating right, what's going on? How you you don't have it no more? It just be about paper sometimes. And I ain't saying anybody about that, but that shit get lonely because now you become sometimes you can become paranoid because out here everybody want to live that lifestyle. Social media sees.
Speaker 1: You got yeah, because I mean, I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: They say six percent of only six percent of Americans make over us make six figure. I say, man, everybody, every profile I go on on ig making six figure, that's a lie.
Speaker 1: It's deep. I think it more like ninety percent making six figure. Its gotta be on. It's deep.
Speaker 2: It's deep, or somebody lied. I mean either either a the economists or no.
Speaker 3: The problem is people don't know how to prioritize. What people would do is they'll be spending outside of their means and then they want somebody else to take care of the responsibility. That's the that's the game we live in People would do anything for a picture man to take that picture and post Yes, why you.
Speaker 2: Go rind of three four five hundred dollars just to rental car like the flaw or go spend a thousand dollar to get on a private jet.
Speaker 1: No good will. You know why they do that?
Speaker 3: Wallow, Yeah, you spend all that money where you could have just jumped in and got a uh got a nice ticket for nine hundred dollars the first class man them private jets to me because that little area, the little excuse me, the flight of see I went some of Cranberrge. Do you see.
Speaker 2: Now that you would come into some money so you're comfortable, You're beyond comfortable. What is the first thing when you got some money? You're like, damn, what's the first thing you bought?
Speaker 3: I was in my you know, it was crazy. I didn't even realize it because it was so unreal. I was driving in my uh I tested my uh uh PRIs yep, you know about that. That's my baby driving in that thing. And I was driving from Atlantic City to Baltimore and uh a PRIs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How long did you take your day? No?
Speaker 3: Bro ho one thing about the price one of the best cars in the world, a PRIs fifty seven miles per gawn. I had no unbelievable one of the one of the smoothest cars I drive. That's how I came up being Gill. We used to be in a priest, went it back and forth to New York, bought all that stuff.
Speaker 1: But go to you, fad, No, we don't.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. Prince is one of the best cars that I ever had in my life. I'm talking about this smooth, it's straight to the point, you know what I mean? It was. It was just great prius high at me. But but what I'm saying is, I'm driving the DOCU sign come across for the dreamt sign. It I'm just driving. I forgot about it, man, And then it was like me and the Gil was in land. That's when I first caught COVID. Right, I caught the COVID. I ain't know what it was. I was just in atlant I was sweating in the bed all night. I woke up and I don't know what. I just checked my account to she Shine. I fell out the bed. I was like, damn. The first thing I thought about, I ain't gonna hold I said, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Put some money up the little box.
Speaker 3: And shit, right, they're always hitting people off. Grandma Mom hit people off and stuff like that. But it was like, I ain't even know what to do with it. Man, because I'm like, damn, people come and luckily. A couple of months later, I called one of my advisors, John Miranda shout out the world wide west Man, plug me up with John Man, shout out to uncle west too Man. I called him. I said, listen, what's up with taxes man? How did that go? He said, come to my office. Well, I went to his office. He said, I'm gonna get anything. He called me like a couple of days later, I almost crashed my car. I said, you mean to tell me that I gotta give somebody name saying all this money, I don't even know them what I was I was. I was so mad at John. I'm sorry. John was mad. He knew I was mad because any type. He called me and I was like, what John? Every time I seen this number, I got scared because I'm like, I'm like, hey, y'all get these people all this money? He said, you gotta take it now, we gotta we gonna take it down and put it up. Make sure we're gonna pay early. That's how you know you get real money when you gotta pay quarters. Oh yeah yeah. So I'm like I'm in the car. I'm just holding my heart. And anything. I'm just laying there like I had a heart attack. I ain't know what I was like George Jefferson because I'm like all this money, so you know, but your friend and all that, so and so. Then it was like, man, you buy a ship, man, you buy shit, you do your thing. Then it's like you bought anything out, you did anything, You got a watch, you got all this stuff. It's just it don't mean it like I ain't evenna front. I only look at the money. No more like that. I'm more excited about just getting a deal and just negotiating shit. That's forgetting me, just to see that I've done it and to show that I really everything that I educated myself on is working. But I don't really care about money like that.
Speaker 1: What's the dating life life? Now? Uh?
Speaker 3: Dating is Dayton could be real easy and it could be real hard because you're a meal ticket out this joint and a lot of people is looking at you like that. But that's that's always been easy for me, you know what I'm saying. But I ain't date when I was broke.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: Man, I ain't remember one time Gil called me right, I'm in the crib right and two to his wife. They laughed, I ain't know she I ain't know. He was on speakerphone. So he said, damn, what you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Ready going to date? Real quick?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: He said, damn where you going?
Speaker 1: Right here?
Speaker 3: I'm on this computer.
Speaker 1: Man going on the date.
Speaker 3: Man, I got a little little X and xx y. I'm she like, what well are you? So when I first came home, I used to shake the dice a lot. You know what I mean, You're gonna shake my dice because it was like, man, you need money to date and all that shit. Yeah, And he was like, man, you I said, no, bro, I ain't got time to be sitting on nobody's face when I got to get my life together. See, I'm one of them boards as extreamist. I gotta get my paper together, just like I tell my nephews. Listen, nephew, get your money focused on yourself to one of your twenties. Run it up, get your credit together, get all the stuff so when you're your forties you can live the greatest life of your life. Yes, but dating is easy, man, And that's that ain't that's man, It ain't. You ain't got to do too much.
Speaker 1: You want kids?
Speaker 3: I got a kid from my old relationship, right, my ex fiance I took on day day I love you day ding, I took on her and adopted her. Senter to college.
Speaker 1: Wow, she graduated too. I mean.
Speaker 3: I think about it sometimes in there, like have another you know, But I ain't in no rush you want to get married. I don't know yet. I don't believe you know. I don't know if that you know? Can I be honest with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Separating with my paper man. I thought I was married to my paper man. Yeah, I'm sorry, man, I'm just saying, do we gotta get married? Can I just say, listen, all right, listen, this is what we're gonna do. I'm gonna take care of you to life stop for you. I got you. But I don't need nobody coming into the courtroom talking about date, talking about this that and the third man I talked about my paper man. I'm just I'm just being straight up because I got a lot of I got people I got to take care of. Yes, and you just gonna come and knock because you're gonna sign this this But I don't even it's deep, man, But but I you know, commitment, I ain't got no problem with commitment.
Speaker 1: Childhood. What is your childhood like?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna tell you something. Man, I had a crazy childhood, man, because I ain't want to listen mom, great mom, great Grandmam. But I was so impressionable, man, I ain't really. I don't even think I had a childhood, to be honest with you, because I was always institutions. I got locked up June thirty of nineteen ninety. I was eleven years old for a couple of days, and then I went on to spend five years with Juvee. Yeah. I spent five years in the juvenile system. Then I got locked up and got the nineteen had twenty five, I mean nineteen and a half to fifty two years. So at the end of the day, I spent more time.
Speaker 1: Inside hol hold up hood Up?
Speaker 3: Did I catch up? I spent I did twenty five. I'm forty five. No, I ain't catch up yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I spent more time in the sal than I did the free world.
Speaker 1: You named after your father Wallace Junior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wallace Roundstree. No, I ain't a junior. His name was Wallace Rowntree. My name Wallace People's.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this did. What type of relationship did you have with your father?
Speaker 3: I just remember my father. He disappeared like around boring seventy nine, probably like eighty one. We never knew what happened.
Speaker 1: Is he alive.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's alive.
Speaker 1: He never so, you guys have never reconnected. You have you tried?
Speaker 2: Have you tried to find out what happened to where he is? Are you okay? Are you cool with not reconnecting?
Speaker 3: No, we thought he was.
Speaker 1: He thought he was.
Speaker 3: Uh, we think he did, but we don't know. But I would like to have it. I would like to kick it with him. I'm not the one that hold on. If I see that nigga today, I'd be like, dag, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man? Would you know what he looked like? If you saw it?
Speaker 3: I think I would. I think we'll connect, He'll probably if you're watching me out there. I love to just kick it with him. I ain't got time to be holding on to what happened. It didn't happen. Wow, what's up? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And you know I'll just kick it with he. Make sure you see my sisters and brothers and go from there.
Speaker 1: What about your mom Oh my mom.
Speaker 3: Right she right there, my mom. I'm gonna be watching this.
Speaker 1: My mom.
Speaker 3: Let me let me see what Jackie Money called Jackie real quick. Man, she gonna be like you're on shake shake.
Speaker 1: She know what I mean.
Speaker 3: My mom might say something to you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she might say because she oh man, let me call my mom. Man, let me see because she's something else. This is gonna be deep.
Speaker 1: Now. You know she ain't busy.
Speaker 3: Noah, she gonna answer watch this. She'd be ready. She will so she kn'ta be like she better if she don't answer this joint.
Speaker 1: What's up? Mom?
Speaker 3: Look you know him?
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am. How you doing? I'm doing amazing?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: How you put your sexy voice?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I told you when I'll be calling you don't be pusying yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am. How are you today? Your son dropping knowledge on us? He got he does a great interview. I'm watching the twenty seventeen egos because you know they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna kick Hey mom, Hey mom, I told you this will hold up. I told you by putting your sexy voice on when I call you with people, you did that. You did that with d I don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: You did that with Prime till you tell me, hey shaying it? I know what you I know how you play. I know what's it's the difference with Prime.
Speaker 1: Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 3: Or you liked that activated he had in his head? You like you used to like the balls with Jerry Curls back in the day. Who was the bull you was talking to with the Jerry curl when I was young, he had the Jerry curll used to spray the activated. Yes you did, Mom, I thought, you know why you know you listen? You know I told Gil that you was talking to random cutting hand because it was a dude that looked like random Cuddy here. But Gills on everything I love the only reason don't listen. Don't listen on every day. I loved Gill. See he wasn't no random cutting hen because he was walking. He left the crib. He was walking. I said, man that my mom was talking a ring. All right, man, whatever, alright, camera Mom say hi to the camera. Mam, say mom, not the camera, just say how to shave shape? People see you always trying to get you, always try to get right. I'm gonna call you mom, when'm out here, let me handle this all right, love you, I'm gonna call you all right. I got you, man, I know I got you. Look see she gets started. She like he's going, but I got it.
Speaker 1: Whatever. You were really close to your grandmother. I was really close to my grandmother.
Speaker 3: Whoo Nanny, Yes, Nanny special man Nanny. And you say she's ninety, right, Nanny ninety, Nanny the matriarch. She holds the family down. She was something special. Nanny is different though, Nanny notter the ninety. Do you think I caught nanny? Nanny was up baby, where you at? I'm downtown moving and growl and said, old Nanny. Did you drive down there?
Speaker 1: Wallace?
Speaker 3: Why would I drive down? I can't put listen? So Nanny, you caught the sub down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What you think?
Speaker 3: I remember by one time? I said, Nanny, just sit down. Why you ain't got to I get you o. She said, Baby, all my friends that stopped moving, stop moving. I can't stop moving.
Speaker 1: They died.
Speaker 3: So she's now when she'll walk in here. I just got some first new balance. She's like, boy, go get me some new balances. I want some. I said, all right, you know she'd be moving. But that's my baby.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a problem like community, because there's a lot of talk that they're not enough black powerful man to raise out black young black men. And there's a lot of grandmothers and mothers assuming that role of taking on that role.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of levels man. Section eight. It's a lot of things that broke it up, you know what I mean? Broke it up, man, And a lot of things that broke up the household. And you know the problem is, shann I ain't gonna hold you man. We think we don't need each other. That's our whole problem is an ego. It's so we think we could do everything by ourself, yes, and it's like we can't do it by yourself. I can't do it by myself. You ain't doing this? Is not if they knew all the stuff that goes on for this to happen, if they knew everything that went on for you to become the man that you are today. I just think I think we beef too much to black women and brothers. We just always find a way not to deal with each other. But the way it's just not like each other to be mad at each other and it's like, it ain't that deep. We gotta be here for the babies, right, I just think we just gotta work it out on some type of way and stop looking at Instagram and think everybody swear they could do that shit by themself. I'm not here by myself. I got a team, right, I got people that believe in me, and that's the whole thing. But everything, you know, raising a kid is very important. I don't think you could do it. Nobody could do that by therself.
Speaker 2: You know what was what led you to first become you a juvie at nine? I think you first came in contact with the authority at the age of nine.
Speaker 1: What what? What? What did you do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Robbery?
Speaker 3: Snatch some snatching? Jury. I wanted to be Shannon. I wanted to be a criminal because that's the only people that got respect in the neighborhood. I told you the story about like them, the only people that got respect of the crown game. And when I seen people come on from the penitentiary, the love they was getting, it was like damn, Like they get more loved to the people that come on from college. So I needed to be somewhere in that ecosystem. Of dumb stuff, but I didn't understand what it was because I'm just a kid, and I'm impressionable and I'm trying to be down.
Speaker 2: So at nine, you go you you you basically now, all of a sudden, you in juvie.
Speaker 1: Was that the first time? Was that the first time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the first time I was in jevy that year they sent me away for a year, But that was the first time. June thirty of nineteen ninety was the first time I got arrested, you know what I mean? And it was it was just it was a roll that I never got. It was like this was it was like I was being prepared each step for the penitentiary.
Speaker 1: Right, what do you remember a boy, Julie, because you're eleven.
Speaker 2: You say you're eleven, You go in for five years, so you got five years to think about.
Speaker 3: No, No, I ain't going for exactly five year. I did five in and out, in and out probas like you understand this. Since June thirty of nineteen ninety, all the way up until December, like twenty first, twenty twenty four, I'd never been out of the system. I'd never been off probation, parole, like from that Jay June thirty, nineteen ninety Listen, I just got parton. Shout out to the great Governor of Pennsylvania, Josh Shapiro. I just got parted. I was supposed to be on parole to twenty and forty eight. He just partned me because I got since in nineteen and a half the fifty two years I did the twenty came home and I still had to walk all the way into like like eight forty eight. Like listen, I'm so used to being in the system that when I was coming down here, I always kept I found myself texting my parole agent, like listen, I got to you know, boom boo boom, and I forgot that I was off parole because I'm so used to being on them. I forgot that I was off papers. Wow, because I've never been off papers. So you got to think about it. I've been through this whole process since that day the.
Speaker 2: Red School of psychologists and councilors labeled you criminal minded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you a kid. But these the people that look over our lives, that don't come from our community, that don't know us and don't care to know us. They just did to hear you out, I'm a kid, but this is this is what they dmi. I don't know, you know, I don't know where they at, but I know where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Were you og in your neighborhood?
Speaker 3: Never was I og?
Speaker 1: No? I never.
Speaker 3: I never reached the level. I was always a kid.
Speaker 2: So you didn't get a chance to get that status because by the time you like, how old were you when you got incarcerated?
Speaker 3: Eleven? The first time when you went to prison. When I went to prison, I was seventeen. They certified me as an adult. So what did you do on robbery? So it wasn't enough to just snatch You had to go in there with that piece. Yeah, because the peace changed the game. I ain't but my stepfather shused to tell me from the jail, don't mess with that piece. It changes because that piece, that piece changed everything. Who that piece changed everything, you know, and that changed anything for me. But uh, Channing, it just was a lot of I wanted to be down, man. The average person in the street game wanted to be down, and they're afraid to be themselves. They not no leader. Everybody told me you're not no leader. You ain't dose shit. What did you start new crime been here before we existed. The average person is impressionable. I was impressionable. I wanted to be down. I didn't realize that I wasn't built like that til I got to the penitentiary and realized that I was in prison for being something that I'm not. I said, man, what I'm really not even built like that.
Speaker 2: You got seventeen, you got sent away for twenty years. When you woke up that day, tell me if you can remember while, tell me when you got up that day, whether the typical day age morning got up, you know, I don't know if your grandma, your mom cooked breakfast or something. So what was different about that day? When did you decide to do what you were going to do?
Speaker 3: No? No, that day when I got you're talking about the big bit. What happened was I kept getting away with other robberies. I was already doing robberies.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I used to hit.
Speaker 1: I used to hit.
Speaker 3: I ain't never regular people. I used to hit establishments, all those regular joints, going there, get the manager to open up to save for the weekly earned, usually be fifteen, twenty.
Speaker 1: Five or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I already was getting away with it. So the day that I did that was just a normal day of me doing it. It's just that day day I got caught. So I thought I was invincible because I'm making some money. I'm like, man, I'm making some What are you doing with the money? Nothing? Just buying a bunch of dumb stuff, buying clothes, gambling? Uh, giving money away to the homies? My all that type shit.
Speaker 2: Bro, you running too the status. They chased you for ten blocks, They hit you with the car, they take you. You couldn't run no faster than that. No, send the comp catch you with all that girl. He got a ball, he got a gun. He gotta know what happened once. What happened was, Man, that adrenaline hit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in a good getaway.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I thought I was gonna be like I thought it was like the movies and shit, I was gonna jump over a car and man, that shit ain't work.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And they came from anywhere. I was like, damn, where they where you come from? Cuff me up, through me behind, it threw me in the joint. I was like, Damn, I'm thinking I'm gonna get about it. I mean, I'm a juvenile.
Speaker 1: You juviet your seventeen year, they're gonna try to I got.
Speaker 3: To that district and the lady said, he understands third. I'm like, yeah, you're gonna go up you gotta they said. She said, yeah, You're gonna go up to the State Road. And I'm like, I'm going to U study said, why am I going to State Road? Oh no, that's where they sent a juveniles just certified as adult.
Speaker 1: Who who who you talking about?
Speaker 3: But where I'm not no doubt, I'm a kid now, I'm a kid. She had my life changed that day. I said, oh shit, they sent me to the big house. But they put me with the other juveniles. So I had to have a hearing to get decertified. When I go to get de certified, Denise Leerto, this was an habitual offender probation officer that I had my whole my whole juvenile time. There's a certain unit because I always always got locked up.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: She walked in that courtroom. H I think she was an FBI agent by then, and she talked about me in that courtroom like, yeah, I think it's the juvenile system can't serve him any good. I don't think he needs to be going back that way. What I was like, Damn, Man, I went in that show that day and cried.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn, I want to be a boy again. I want to be a kid again. He said, no, we're gonna deem you adult. And then then I knew I was gonna get real prison time. That's when it got real. Shanning, we scared. Listen. I was shaking like a leaf in a windstorm. I was scared to death because I'm thinking about the movies. I'm thinking about I'm a little, small little guy. What I'm gonna do. I'm telling me. I was scared, like I'm talking about, scared team to death. It was a different type of fear.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yes, you mentioned that you didn't take a shower with anyone, and you wore boxes.
Speaker 3: Y'all wore boxes. When I went down there, I didn't know it was a gun show. I go down there, everybody you know like like y'all locker rooms. Yet y'all locker rooms is like PENITENTI I didn't know. Yeah, y'all be on some shit and that sports joint. Y'all button neckd ass. Now, come on, man, y'all on the same thing. As a penitition. So I'll go down there and got a boxing on. They're looking at me, like, what you doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: It was just scared then that day I told like I told Charlton, and I said, man, I realized the shower wasn't that important. After that, I could just wash up in my saint for a while, so I get use to this going down there. Right, it was scary, man, I was scared to death.
Speaker 2: Shannon, you met your day. Did you get in any fights in prison?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: I never got in a fight in prison because I was too scared to get in a fight, meaning I wasn't I wouldn't make no confrontation. I'm not doing no damn shit for what for what?
Speaker 1: There ain't nobody try you. I thought you had to fight like No.
Speaker 3: It ain't like that. Ain't nobody gonna go with you like that. I had this one dude, this old head dude. Man, he washed my laundry one time. Right, I didn't know what that was about. I'm like, damn, I told you he'll tyke aveying joys. I said, Yo, I come back my laundry nights, my stuff all folded up, it's on my bed. I'm like damn, because when you come in the yard, the laundry boys come out. So I didn't know if I wasn't suposed to get my laundry wash Shannon. So he washed my laundry and it was a little goodies on the bed too. So I'm like, damn, this here. He put some goodies on the nutty bars. It was a nice little package. But listen, listen. I'm like, damn. So I tell my old head, damn man, it's John Man. They be fouring your clothes, he said, who folds your clothes? So I go to the joint. I show him the whole spread and anything. I'm like, man, cause I'm like, as soon as they lock, damn, i'ma eating my little snacks. I'm cool, right, I'm thinking. I'm like, it's it's up man, shiit my old head with what's his name? All of the old head, don't don't be the young boy boy no I had. So he was lining me up. I ain't know he was lining me up. I ain't know what was going on. Them snacks looked mighty good on that on that bed, though.
Speaker 2: Who gives Let me ask your question, who giveaway free stuff on the outside? What makes you think it's gonna be free stuff on the inside.
Speaker 3: Man, I wasn't thinking, man, I just was hungry.
Speaker 1: Good thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't even get the commensay because I wait for the money to come from and get on my counsel. I'm like, damn, I was gonna eat it though. But I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 1: Been over for you. Bro.
Speaker 3: No, my old head probably got me. Old g probably got me out of it. But it was crazy.
Speaker 1: You ever have beef with the guards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had the back and forth. I used to have back and forth for guards and stuff. But it wasn't like it wasn't nothing like you know what I mean, Like the one that told me what he told me I said, But it wasn't nothing crazy. I was trying to get out of jail. I wasn't in jail. I wasn't trying to be in jail to get deeper in jail.
Speaker 1: Being the whole.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to do all that shit. What's the craziest thing. I mean, So, what's a typical day. What was a typical day.
Speaker 1: Like for you? You get up at what time?
Speaker 3: I get up early in the morning, five o'clock four. I used to work in the kitchen, especially later on in my time. This By the time I get seasoned in prison, I'm getting up working during the morning breakfast. Before then, I was doing the night breathf I'm in the night dinner. But I just get up early. I always get up early. Go to the chowd hall. At the chowd hall, you go back, lockdown. They run yard. After they run yard, y'all come back in, lock back down. You can come back in shower, do whatever. After working out, lock back in, do count, lunch, after lunch, yard. After that you come back in shower, get ready for mail. They passed the mill around, lockdown, do count, then the time, come back yard, block out, whatever. But usually in between that, somebody might get hit in the head with a wait. Somebody might get stabbed, somebody might get raped, somebody may kill herself. There's multiple things that might happen in the day.
Speaker 1: And you seeing all this, and you like, lord, yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: When I first seen somebody, first seen somebody get stabbed in the yard, I ran in the cell and I was in the cell with a brother named Umar. He told me, man, you're looking at this stuff with a with a nenked mind. Huh, I said, what you mean, so basically educated me that I had to go insane in order to stay sane and to protect my mind in prison. And it was it was it was a It was a blessing that he educated me about that, because now when I seen somebody getting stabbed, I didn't look at it like Damn White's stare. I looked at it like, man, that's day, got a problem, that's their business, keep walking. You became desensitized like that you had to become. If I did not have been done, my brain would have been cooked, probably have been on medication. All the stuff I seen from anked from looking at it from a nick and eye that have been different. Wow.
Speaker 2: So the craziest person are the crazy people in prison or I mean there's people that are like mental like they really need something in that particul people that pretend so you don't bother them, or no one bothers them.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't seen people going there that wasn't crazy to start getting on medication and they be on, they be gone. I knew people that I knew personally on the streets get on medication. Don't even know who you are no more. Because a lot of people trying to escape the reality of life. And but you got people that is mentally ill, they got mentally al blocks already for them. That people that's really like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Prison food. You said you worked in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what's the typical meal?
Speaker 1: What's so you for breakfast? What are you getting for breakfast?
Speaker 3: Like me? You know, I was talking to one of my homies other day. You get bulled eggs, some grits, toasts, some jelly, some jelly packs, some butter packs. Any other time it might be some some liquid eggs, I mean they scrambled, you might get them sometimes, it depends. They might get Friday is out. It depends what institution you at, but it's mostly oatmeal stuff like that. Do you get seconds, No, you ain't supposed to get seconds, but sometimes somebody might just go down and give you the trade. And it depends on all who in the line and if they shaking the dip or if they giving you a heavy ration. It depends what prison you at. Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You you say you worked in the kitchen, so yees, you're cooking yourself. Yeah, I cooked it myself too, but I was a chef. I'm really a chef like I'm a train.
Speaker 1: Do you cook like? Now? Do you cook for you? Cook? Now?
Speaker 3: I cook? Now I cooked for myself. I went to Corney School. Shout out to Steve Delly from South Philly. He was my instructor. He was a chef in the navy, and he taught me how to do my thing. And me and my homeboy Psycho from Uptown Philly, we used to be the night cooks and greatest for a penitentiary. We used to be in there cooking a real meal. You gotta cook for five thousand men, so you might. We got pounds and pounds and pounds and pounds and pounds of beef, big kettles, big paddles I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But you kept a little something for yourself. Take back to the.
Speaker 3: Always we canna make something on the side, and then I canna make something in myself. So it was it was, you know, I good.
Speaker 1: Did you get tattoos while you were in prison?
Speaker 3: No, I ain't getting no tattoos while I in prison. All my stuff already, I ain't messing with that.
Speaker 1: So while you're in prison, So let me ask you.
Speaker 2: So you have a TV. You had a television room, radio, cable. When you're watching television, what do you dream about? What do you think about when you're watching television in yourself?
Speaker 3: I used to be watching Anthony Berdein or Anthony Bourdain. I used to be thinking about traveling the world and just seeing everything because I was like, damn, this dude, this dude used to be on drugs and anything, got his life together. He moving around. So I used to watch him like, yo, man, I said, man, I gotta get out there. I want to see the world. You know what I mean, That's what. And then I used to always watch the Food Channel, I mean the travel channel. These at a the hundred best Ride. So I used to be looking at food like damn, you know what I mean. But it was about, you know, getting out, being with your family and just seeing life.
Speaker 1: Do you have pimpals? Did you have girlfriends that write you letters and listen?
Speaker 3: I was on Friends Beyond the Wall, Meeta Inmate dot com, I was. I was on all of them joints.
Speaker 1: Man, did anybody come see you?
Speaker 3: No, I ain't come see me, but they'll send me books. We'd be writing love letters back and full lying to each other.
Speaker 2: Did you meet did you did you see any of them once you got out.
Speaker 3: No, because because it'll be like all right, it'll be like this, you'll put a picture up there, right, and then a lot of times this before catfish was catfish. Okay, somebody catfish because they've never seen your pictures. Sometimes you don't know who you're writing. Right, So I'm in Pennsylvania prison. They'll put you on the jaw me meet an inmate, or because you'll pay, take the money off your books. You write a little bio. My name Mike. My favorite color is blue. I like horseback riding. I like to listen to the whispers. Likes right, so you you know. So, so what happened is you will send the picture off and the money and they'll put you on and then people just be searching it. And then you might be talking to you in Pennsylvania. You might be talking to a woman from Parkland, Portland's he'll write you and then you had to do you know what I mean. You have some dudes that will be on there. They'll get a picture. One of these dudes. Pay a dude in new Yard when he's husky muscled up. Yeah we goo, swabby boy, let me get a picture. Man, I pay they'll send that picture and all the women to be writing now and they'd be, you know, doing anything off that.
Speaker 1: It was deep? Did men? Did you? Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you ever see or hear or notice that the inmates having sex with women female guards?
Speaker 3: I did? I had, I had, I had, you did without a doubt. Come on, I had my shot. You know, I ain't you know, talk about the facility. But I had a shot and it was, it was, it was, It was great.
Speaker 1: So once you did that one time.
Speaker 3: No, it was a couple of times.
Speaker 1: But nasty rats.
Speaker 3: What I supposed to do? I was shaking the dice my whole bit. What I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: How you look? You looked good, She was all right, she was all right. You reach out. Once you got out, it got.
Speaker 3: A little roughie, it got a little crazy. But you talk, you know.
Speaker 1: She had a man?
Speaker 3: Did you something like that?
Speaker 1: I know, I know it, I know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was getting excus meant thinks he did least he was running up in now see means SHARLVI solid.
Speaker 2: Hello, it is your favorite on Shanna Sharp here and I'm a Roast Sparks sponsor. Women can sense confidence and how sexy they think it is therefore, worried about an direction can affect your swag in the bedroom. Spontaneous sex can be hot and exciting men. You can feel like a superhero when you get hard fast. In those situations, roast sparks are to in one prescription treatment for stronger, harder erections. They hit the bloodstream faster because they dissolve under your tongue, and getting hard faster means more sex. After they dissolve, they work in about fifteen minutes on average. Roast Sparks connect guides with a medical provider one hundred percent online, so there's no awkward conversation in person. Providers if approved treatment shifts directly.
Speaker 3: To your door.
Speaker 2: If prescribed, new sexual health patients get fifteen dollars off roast sparks reocurring plan. Connect a provider with road dot Co slash shape Sha to find out in prescription road Sparks are right for you. That's our o dot Co slash shay Shape for fifteen dollars off your first order. Compounded drugs are permitted to be provided under federal law, but are not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA safety, effectiveness or manufacturing reviews. For full safety info go to road dot co slash safety info.
Speaker 1: The gillis breakwomen the prison.
Speaker 3: He brun somebody for me one time and I ain't even know.
Speaker 1: Can't you go a visit? No?
Speaker 3: No, So listen, we had this one spot and he brung He brung somebody there. She had his dress on, right, But we kicking it. I'm so excited to seeing we kicking it so much. He will really tell me till like the end of the visits, like damn man, you know that, because because it was like they'll let you go up in the in the porter potties. Heah, dizzy real quick. Really, it wasn't like you supposed again you had to shoot him a little sub Yeah, he tell me, yo, man, you know what. I'm like, nig why are you telling me it's almost over now?
Speaker 1: The joint the potty should have laid off with that hit wallow yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was crazy. He did that.
Speaker 1: He did it being raised visit you in prison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came to see me. He came up one time. I called Gil. They was together. He's like, man, I'm gonna come see you brother. I'm like, this is me. Yeah, yeah, brother, I'm a bother to be up there. He came through these Holly used to come out kick. We used to be laughing. And he just was a good brother man. And then we you know, connected on the outside, always supportive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He's a good person man.
Speaker 2: When you had you say you had your brother, was inn you share a sale with your brother? You said you share a sell with your stepfather? Did you ever look like what kind of life is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was embarrassed. I remember one time when I called Nanny and me and my brother was in there, and I was like, yo, Nanny, Steve up being there, we even sell. The call was real different. It was real difference. He said. That was embarrassing. Like it was like it was real different, you know. And I always thought about him when I was in jail. Like my grandma ain't got nothing to brag about with her grandson's you know how people be at the church and all that. Yeah, yeah, my grand baby going to college. You gotta get quiet about us, you know what I mean, because we is always in some shit.
Speaker 2: You know, when did you realize that? You know what, when I get out of here, ain't coming back.
Speaker 3: Them conversations with Nanny's really done. It you know, you think about that, and then especially my brother died. I knew I had to step up. I knew it was game time. But the craziest thing is the most scariest, the most the scariest day of my prison bit was the day I walked out of jail. Really, man, that was the scariest shit of my life because everything that I told my grandmam, my mom, my family that I was and I became, it wasn't proving yet because I didn't have no temptation to see if I'm really who I am now. So I'm coming home, I'm like, I gotta stick to the script. Don't on fall victim to the temptation, on fall victim to the bus.
Speaker 1: Stay focused.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm looking at nineteen ninety seven. When you went in, you had a you're a kid, you're seventeen, you're a teenager. Yeah, now you come at your thirty seven. The world is different, the word is really really different since you last was outside.
Speaker 1: Of those walks. Yeah, what was the scariest thing that you encountered?
Speaker 2: Because now you you're not really free, You're just on the outside.
Speaker 1: They still got that paper when you wallop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know what was the hardest thing outside of that, And this was crazy and Nanny and you know, you know, Nanny was Nanny was messed up because first of all, everything looks small when you get home because I'm in these wide yards, big big, So I'll get to the block and after you know, abody anybody go, anybody leave me and Nanny in the house. And I'm like, I'm sitting there and we talked, we laughing about something, and I'm gonna step. I'm gonna step in the house and Nanny sitting in that chair and inside of the house, I'm gonna step, and I don't know what it was. It is out of nowhere. I said, Nanny, where Steve at? Well, I ain't coming, and I caught myself. See I never went to my brother funeral, so it just was a reaction. And now the way Nanny looked, it was like, cause I'm talking to Nanny. Nanny sitting in the sitting on the chair, the chair right next to the door when my brother died that he died right there in the doorway. But it just that was so hard because I realized I went upstairs and I was like, dam And it was for a while I used to walk the streets in Philadelphia listening to Sanfra, greatest artist ever Sanfra, and I used to be looking for Steve because I used to be preparing myself for the conversations or the funny shit I might see him, like wait till.
Speaker 1: I tell you.
Speaker 3: I always just say that I'm gonna tell Steve, gonna be tripping off this shit. And it went on for a while, It went on for a minute. But I used that was hard. That was like one of the hardest things coming home, like realize, like damn, because I'm so used to him and he just so this dude was funny. He was a nut. I'm talking about you think Gil's a nut. They like right on night and day, like there's always on some great shit right straight out, will say all types of shit like he was crazy. So but that was like the hardest thing. Everything else was like I had a supportive agent crew Lock. I had a supportive parole agent. She It was crazy. I never knew somebody would believe in the person, like She's like, I'm not worrying about you. I got a caseload, I got other people. I really got to worry about you. Ain't gonna be no problem. She just told me that shit out of nowhere, I'm damn it. And anything I want to do anytime I wanted to travel, she supported me. Wow, I'm talking about She had my picture when I got on a fill up her daily news from she had. I went in the office one time, she had my picture on the wall that art. She's like, you're gonna do great. I've been looking for it for years. I can't find I think she moved somewhere a supervisor, but she.
Speaker 1: Was that.
Speaker 2: How difficult was it for you to get re immigrated into society after being away for two.
Speaker 3: Decades twenty thirteen and fourteen, I had a cell phones that's when I first started Wild Tuesday seven, Instagram and a joint So that helped me see the world for years straight a eighteen mins sumption, but I wound up getting caught got a charge for that. They added some time to me, but they ran a concurrent. But that helped me see the world. So it prepared me a lot to see what was out here. But one thing that I seen that was out here, I said, man, people out did playing games. And I realized from that cell phone looking at social media and anything. It's more people in prison than it is in prison on the free world. People minds wasn't expanded. I said, I'm gona kill them when I get out here, because I always thought about my content on what I was gonna do, because I already had a social media page, and I remember I used to be in the lard yard talking to people, and I was a part of a brotherhood called Real Street Talk. Shout out to them Brothers in Greatest for a prison where we would talk to the inmates when they first come in, that's coming in and basically give him a real street talk about listen, man, make this your last time in the joint Boomo boom with some good brothers Shannon Ike, Shakur Sharif, a bunch of a bunch of just good brothers. And I was a part of that, brother Rob Ecks Hick and I was a part of that. And I was so used to talking to people. So when I got on Instagram, I'm just do my thing on air. But I knew I was gonna do it different. I'm gonna run across the street when I do it, I'm gonna lay on the ground head catch up on my hair like I got shot, and I'm gonna do it because it's a battle of the timeline. When I'm in jail looking at the time, I'm like, oh, so you only look at this person because she buttonneck it. You look at him because he a rapper, You look at him because you athlete, this one because he got money and jury. But we're the regular people connecting with the regular human connection. So I got a battle with all this shit. I got you. I'm run across the sweatway, have my my try power right here in my phone. I'm gonna do my You're gonna think that you see the eighteen will come. I knew I had to do different type of content with my messaging, but I had some great messaging, I said. I got the different departments on my page. I got the messaging. I got the marketing side where I'm advertised businesses. Then I got to speaking branch. While I do speaking to get so I'm looking at that joint I'm building business. Artist.
Speaker 2: When you're on probation, what are some of the things par I mean, parole, what are some of the things that you can't do?
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to be around feelings? Okay, sometimes your family might be feelings. You ain't supposed to be around drugs and all that. So me, I'm it was a thin line because I'm like, damn, I'm playing by the book best way I can. Because you know, Gil's smoking that good weed all day. So I said, okay. At the same time, I said, you know, I got to make sure I got a marijuana card so I could be a lot you know. It was a lot of things, you know, But I always had parole officers that was that that that appreciated what I was doing. Shout out the agent Cruise, my last parole agent, that just was so supportive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: She was she was. She was so happy to call me to let me know that I was all parole. She's like, she was so excited. It was unbelievable. Man, sister, what does two sixty seven mean to you? Two sixty seven. That's my prison number. My prison number was DG two six seven.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: When I go to set up my Instagram page, whiler was taken. So I added the two sixty seven off my prison number so I could remember where I came from and where I ain't going back to. It just so happened that since I was in jail, the Philadelphia area code turned to two sixty seven two, so people thought that, but no, that's my prison and my prison number is d G two six seven er.
Speaker 2: Is there something that a habit quirk tick that you developed in prison that you just can't shake down?
Speaker 1: Are you a light sleeper? But do you sleep or are you a peaceful sleeper? Or man?
Speaker 3: I sleep like it ain't nothing. I was sleeping like that in jail. It no matter, did you Yeah, because the door was locked, sharing it ain't get up and they can't get me. Then they locked that door. Everybody locked down. But I was always up before the door open, you know what I mean. So you wasn't doing I'm laying there, you know what I mean. So I ain't want to you know what I mean. I ain't want to do that. I said, no, you ain't gonna take my goodies. But I'm saying this, h like. I always found myself preparing the conversations. So a lot of times, and Gied will always see me doing that when I'm ready to do a video or something. You say, ain't mean you over there talking to yourself? Said no, I'm just getting ready, you know what I mean? And but not not too much outside of that.
Speaker 2: When you came home, what was the conversation. What do you remember your first conversation with Gilly? Soon as I came home he picked you up? Did he pick you up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: He picked me up. Shout out to my sister lot TV. She picked me up. But Gil, when I come home, I get because as soon as I get with him, he like, cuz do you.
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: And he looked me. He looked me in the eyes. He said, cuz you done? Wow, he said, let me he said, He said, is you done?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: You know how he talked smoking this?
Speaker 1: You done? Man? You done?
Speaker 3: Nigga?
Speaker 1: Like you tired?
Speaker 3: Yet like I'm saying, I said, because I'm done man and ship he said, he said, man, I've seen the seeing they broke you in your eyes. I knew he was done because I was just like, I'm done because I'm tired. Because because a lot of times we see our family members go in and out and you ain't tired. To you tired? And everybody lom clock come on different time. My loarm clock came on. It was game time. That shit over with.
Speaker 1: You know, acting, you want to get an acting I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if I could act I don't know what you know.
Speaker 2: Bro, you went away for basically for twenty five or your forty plus years. You've been inconstrated. You come out and you can do anything. You just said. You can do anything that you wanted that you set your mind too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was on a shout out to Easta Ray. She had me on our show. Rap shit, I did a roll on there. You know, everything is possible.
Speaker 2: You seem to be of a situation where like you don't care. I mean, somebody might say something foul to you off the cufor to.
Speaker 1: You, and you just let that thuff wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I gotta go. I gotta keep Like my whole thing is this. I understand that everybody is entitled to a bad day, Yes, and sometimes they may have a bad day and I might just be there. I might just be there. It ain't got nothing to do. It ain't got nothing to do with me. Like alright, Fenson's you might get with this woman and she might come at you to try to play you or try to get you for money. It ain't got nothing to do with you. Was personally channing. We take things personally from people that we don't know. Personal It ain't got nothing to do with you. If it was me, if it was him, it was just the game. It ain't got nothing to do. So I don't be looking at things like because listen, you're not gonna provoke me to do thathing crazy. I ain't gonna do nothing crazy to you. I ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 2: You're the chief marketing officer of Reform Alliance with Jay z Meek, Mel, Michael Rubin, and Robert Kraft. Talk to us a little bit about this program. I was, I'm a former. Okay, there's a program. One thing about reform is passed.
Speaker 3: A lot of bills, the reform the prison of the probation and parole system right right, and a lot of people is on probation and parole. Let me tell you something about this. I could be on probation and parole and it's offered me to find a job. They'll send me back. I might have a dirty owin, they'll send me back. I'm talking about technical violations. But I didn't catch no new case. The police ain't locked me up. I might have a parole man or a probation officer that's riding me. Now you're riding me because of whatever you ride me because there's some people that's do transportation wise, I might can't get the way I need to get to. I might be late here. I might You didn't have people go back to prison for all types of things. So Reform Alliance is doing this. They're trying to reform this system to make it better that people is not going back to jail based off of technical violation. Okay, And that's what it's about, man, And they they doing a great job.
Speaker 2: When Gil's son passed away, Oh Man, you were the one that broke the news, and you knew, you know, not only did you know, you knew how close Gilly was.
Speaker 1: Was that one of the hardest thing you've ever had to do.
Speaker 3: It was hard because I knew it was gonna be a struggle because we was at the radio station in Philadelphia, right and I'm in the bathroom of me like lo, like, yo, what's uping? Man? Jee's got shot? I said, what opened the door? I said, what who? Jee's got shot? So immediately I jump on the phone. I called, you know, a call a family to fill up your police department. I'm like, listen, I put guilt on the phone. Right, So we drive he driving this car. We're flying up to the hospital. So here on the point. He's like, I'm a check it to it.
Speaker 1: I'm on it.
Speaker 3: This an other third boom boom boom boom bang. So when we hang up, meet him and Gil, he said, I'm on the Gil. Hang up.
Speaker 1: People called me back and said call me by yourself.
Speaker 3: Keep Gil off the phone.
Speaker 1: I said, damn. So were driving.
Speaker 3: We get to the hospital. So we're in the hospital guild there cheege mom there, heybody up there, bunch of the homies there. I had my phone on vibrate. People call me, he said, listen. He ain't make it. So I'm like this. I put the phone down, put in my pocket. I attempted to walk out of the emergency room. You see what happened, because it's up, because what's going on? Because and I'm walking and he keep following me. He said, cause what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: And I grabbed him. I said, he gone, damn dam That was the most craziest shit I ever had to do, you know, because I said to myself, I'm gonna slide out of this door. And the people because the people was back there playing games like the hospital people. They can't. So when our people called this the police, they telling me what it is, I'm like, so, I'm like, I can't tell him this. And I never seen Gil like that. After that, it was just it was it was it was crazy. It was it was crazy, you know. But you know, I'm thankful that we got a strong family and uh, you know it was hard. It was hard.
Speaker 1: Man, Where are you on this man?
Speaker 2: Because you know, we heard a lot of talk about this illuminati and when Gilly lost his son, people were like, well, he had to sacrifice his son because that's why he came into all of this. I mean, white people say bulljib like that.
Speaker 3: Black people love black failure and black success is only it only come Black success only come when you do something crazy. White success says, Oh he's great, he's smart. Bill Gates, he's smart. Jeff Bezo, he's smart. You know what I muss, he's smart.
Speaker 1: You're black.
Speaker 3: You sold your soul in our community. There's so much hatred with success because so many people that want to be stars and they ain't make it. You think people was happy for me all that. No, people ain't always happy for you. When you went that's a package deal. The package deal is when the excitement that comes from black failure of people not winning is unbelievable. Like, so people are sitting back like, damn, you had to do something. No, No, Shannon had to do some shit all because you gave up on your dreams and you abandoned your dreams and you ain't strong enough to the next level. So you don't even believe that it's possible. A lot of our people don't believe that they could be millionaires. They don't believe that this shit is possible. They don't even believe that shit. They believe the only way you get to the next level is you go in some magical room. I ain't never seen them joints yet. I've never seen the parties or none of that shit. I just know hard work will pay off because you know you put the hard work in, God gonna bless you. But a lot of people don't believe that shit. So certain conversations they don't believe. Like I had a conversation on Gilbert Arenas podcast and I said, you can make basketball contracts. Damn, there a hundred million office sitting behind the screen this that the third is a new game. Just so he understand that me and Gilbert understand that. Yes, you probably understand that. But one of the homies called me he was already in the barbershop, sa, yo, he be tripping, Wallow said, I said. He said, damn, man, I want you man, I'm trying to take your face out and that. I said. No, it's not my job to check them. They're not in this world, so they don't understand the mechanics to that correct. People don't know what just know how to say, Damn, I ain't know that was going on, or damn I don't know that world.
Speaker 1: It's hard for people to just see farther than what they can touch. Yo.
Speaker 3: In a lot of times, it's hard for people to understand. It's painful to see that. Damn Gilling and Wallow making all that money just being them. That's hard. There ain't no football players, they ain't no actors, They just them. That's hard. So you know ship like that, come.
Speaker 1: What's your NFL and basketball teams? Who you root for them?
Speaker 3: Whoever wins. But I'm gonna take this, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this this year. My favorite player in the world is say Kwan Barkley. Uh, and you know what, it's a little chrisy he call you bad wagon. He said it was a little shot. I'm like, damn, man, you're my favorite player. What type of why would you do?
Speaker 1: You a favorite player?
Speaker 3: Now? No, no, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this. This is the first time in the history of life that I never I spent the whole season groom for a team. You see what I'm saying, Like, I never do that. You know, playoffs, I go back and forth, you know what I mean. But this that's my team day, my team, Boston Celtics, my team.
Speaker 1: Right now we want last, I mean right now, we want I told you, I told you, I told my enough. Don't act up.
Speaker 3: You know how I get y'all get goofy I leave. No, you gotta earn, you know, listen, listen, you gotta earn for me to be a fan. That's that's losing ship. How do y'all people be staying with these teams and they don't win. I don't understand that ship. I told Dave and them there, I said, y'all are losers. Y'all Dave telling us a while or you got a new team all the time, I said, dave y'all losers holding on the teams. That's disappoint yall. I'm not dealing with this ship.
Speaker 1: I move around. Talk to you. Talk about your relationship with coach Prime.
Speaker 2: You've got a very good relationship, very close relationship with coach Pran, coach Brian Will.
Speaker 1: Little lot of people in it, Sir.
Speaker 3: I'm one of the first people in the world that Coach Crime told that he was going to. It was a Super Bowl Atlantic, Atlanta. Me and him came. We had to talk on my show Where's Wallow? But on the side, I'm one of the first people he see he was coaching. I said, coach, if you coach because it was another teammate, I said, me and Gil coming weather. He said, my dogs, you know heal my dogs. And when he got Jackson stage on he cuched face timed me and Gil. He said, man, you know I'm going onto Jackson. So matter of fact, we was talking on the call, and we were talking on the call, I said, damn, man, I was hiring at my brother Matt Burns and Matt Burns and them, and I was I was trying to get him a deal at barstool, right. That didn't go through whatever because they had other things going on. So I'm telling Prime. I'm like, damn, man you, Prime said, what get me a show? Over the dog? I called Dave Yo, Dave listen, I think you need to talk to Prime. He said, well, Prome, you know what I'm saying this Prime Time. Oh he won't do an interviewers. No, he trying to get a show each time. Get the out of here wild though, Man, Yeah, you know you get out of here Prime Time. Then I said, yeah, I said, hold on, let me mardere you man put he man Erica, he listen. Pro put him on. Next day Eric can come. He said, I'm on. I'm on the jat right now. I'm going to see Prime right now. I got to deal them and the process of that getting done, He said, Jackson, you gotta take like five planes to get to Jackson, Mississippi. Man, we get down Jackson right So when we get down there, all type of shit happened, the water not working, Prim and Prim and the kids in the pool taking had to wash up in the pool. All this type of stuff getting real though. Prim say, it's a job, dog, I gotta do it, though, Man, I gotta take care of these baby these kids down here. Man, I'm talking of the locker room. Was old it everything was prom took his own pocket, called some friends up. Got it done. Were going down there a game can every time we're going down there, many times possible. Gilly for some reason, I thought he was a player on the team and the coach. This is what happened. So so we're on the sideline. Boy take off running. Gill start running with him. So I always got I gotta watch him, so I want I go down running with him. Dude, throw gild the ball.
Speaker 1: He spike it.
Speaker 3: He don't spike the ball? Right all right? Dancer? He snapping, Yeah, I said, cuz they just got a flag for you spiking the ball. Man, he said, he gave me the ball. What I said, because you wasn't supposed to spike the ball? What he said, No, Man, I was in there. That's a part of the game. You did it. I said, you're not playing though, Yeah, you're not a part of the gay prime say, wowlow, come here, he said, what's the matter with Gilly?
Speaker 1: Man? Gil?
Speaker 3: Come there and coach my bad? You know what I mean? So they tell you. So now every time we come to a game. I gotta watch Gil. But we went down there and put we had to put love around prime Man. We had to make it and nobody was going down there but us, and we was like man, we coming and it turned into something man.
Speaker 2: Advice, Give me a couple of pieces of advice that you want to impart upon black men, black women, our community twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 3: Learn how to communicate. Learn how to communicate. That's number one. Communication is the glue to keep relationships. Is the better together, and it's also the glue to growth. Understand that everything is not gonna go your way in life, and when it don't go your way, you don't have to buck, you don't have to snap. Work on your composure because a lot of time the look is the hook. How you react to things is very important. And a lot of times that know that know what mean next opportunity some of the greatest. It's a lot of information. Decide to know because once the no's come in your life, figure out why is the know is there? Move around the world is your playground, so go play. The world is bigger than your neighborhood. The world is bigger than the mentality that you might have based on the environment that helped produce you and the things that you know. It's a lot of information out there. Save your money and your money and save you all the fun that you want where you at, being with your boys and all that shit, A lot of that stuff you want to outgrow. So right now, work on yourself. While you in the twenties coming into the work on yourself. So I'm telling you because when you get into your late thirties, you want to be in a position where though you got something that you could lay on, you got something you could call your own, and then you position to travel the world do what you want to do or however you have it. Don't you want to be able to count on you. Get out your mama house, all your basement warriors out there that's staying in the basement, staying with your get your own get your own stuff, dog, get all your own stuff, folks, I'm talking about get your own stuff. Say, get your credit together, get your identification together, save your money, get your own place, get your own vehicle, and explore. The more stuff you see, the more new relationships you have, the more new conversations you have, is gonna help you get to the next levels of life.
Speaker 1: Thanks for stuffing by.
Speaker 3: Hold up, I got some more stuff to say. Sham, what do you want to say? Go ahead right here, piafew listen. We got a lot of things going on. Check out million dollars worth of game. Check out Gillian Wallow's Adventure. We got another Gillian Wallow knockout party coming. We got some more shows coming. We ain't gonna announce them yet. There's a lot of stuff coming. But check out anything man, perre a few man, go out there and get my book on Good Intentions everywhere. Books are so instant New York Times bestseller. Go ahead, go ahead and saying then you go, but you're gonna listen. You're gonna bench press like six hundred. Now it's different. I'm going to go bitch press this pillow. Oh man, that's up ral strip club video where he was preaching.
Speaker 1: To the Yes, oh yeah, you went viral. You were preaching to women in the script club.
Speaker 3: No, what happened is I went in the strip club with Gil. I was down Baltimore and just so happened. I'm in there drinking me a ginger rale on the rocks, light rocks, not too many and uh just so happened. A couple ladies start talking to me, so we start talking, and then and willow that shoe, So we start talking, we start kicking it. So I'm talking to him doing my thing, and I'm just seeing Gil talking to the manager dude like like basically saying what I'm doing, like I gotta like go get wildow. So Gil, come on, don't even know when they work it. No, we were just having a conversation. I'm listening there having a conversation about life, about next levels and just stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That's the right time to have that conversation.
Speaker 3: They wanted to have it.
Speaker 1: I was drinking.
Speaker 3: I was minding my business because I wasn't there throwing the dollars and none of that. I was chilling, you know what I mean. Matter of fact, the one girl paid for my ginger round. So I don't know what was going on. I just was in there minding my business. Got kicked out of the strip club because I was having the conversation.
Speaker 1: I thought you supposed to go there to have conversations to do.
Speaker 3: That's what happened. I had the conversation about seven dancers. It was a great night. And then he went picking a girl up on a rough rawdy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bro, what's going through your mind? I mean you keep talking about it. You talking about gillies spiking the ball, Bro?
Speaker 1: I mean this boxing. I mean, bro, what's going through your mind when you picked up young lady up?
Speaker 3: No, see what happened was let me break she. See what happened is I was minding my business. You always buy your bit. So when she came over there and she was doing some dancing. So me back in the day, they used to call me dim this before the DM dancing machine. So it just hit in my mind. They say, you know she was in the air, just throw the girl in the air. It's spinned it like you just don't care. So I got flashbacks back in the day and it was on. I thought I was at a block party, you know what I mean. I just I'm just doing my thing.
Speaker 1: Threw your hands in the air.
Speaker 3: No, it was throw the girl in the air, waving and spinner like you just don't care. So I spun her, grabbed her, threw her back up. It was it was I missed that version of the song. No, that was a remix. I did it myself. It was in my mind. But it is what it is, man. The thing when he was in prison, who was y'all select and.
Speaker 2: Crush everybody that's on the outside.
Speaker 3: Pinky was my celebrity crush. I actually met her, Pinky the Point Star. She was on my wall.
Speaker 1: I don't know Pinky.
Speaker 3: You knew Pinky, you meant him with the pink here, Man, you knew the other girls? That one, he says, that girl. I said, Man, he knows something here, the one girl with the short head, man the star, she was a you know, come on, Shannon, you know.
Speaker 1: Man, you know me. I'm o unt boy. Man, I just stayed in my life.
Speaker 3: That's the one that's them being dangerous, the most dangerous.
Speaker 1: Thank you for stalking about, bro.
Speaker 3: Well, appreciate you, man, Thank you man, appreciate you. Appreciate you all.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: All my life, grinding all my life, sacrifice, muscle.
Speaker 1: Paid the price.
Speaker 4: One slice got the brother All my life. I'll be grinding all my life, all my life, grinding all my life, sacrifice, Muscle paid the price, one slice.
Speaker 1: Got the brother.
Speaker 4: All my life. I've been grinding all my life.