Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trendy Thing Showers, Way to Shower, the Everything Shower, which is one of the first things we're going.
Speaker 2: To talk about.
Speaker 1: But I am Jack and that is.
Speaker 2: Miles Miles Gray. Thank you for having me and.
Speaker 1: Miles a little housekeeping up top. Yeah, first time in the history of the show, we're trying a new publication schedule out for the summer. While we're going to scale back to a mere eight episodes a week, we're going to try some new episode formats. So for you the listener, it'll be one episode on Friday and one episode on Monday, and then Tuesday mornings episode. We'll be trying some different stuff out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny to say, like if we've never done anything, it's like when you do a daily show, like it's hard to even take on breadth to be like, okay, what about what if we no got ready for the next show? Yeah, because we get guests, offers and stuff for like people that we want to talk to that like might not quite be like a fit necessarily for like the main show show, but also like people we want to talk to because they're very interesting. So you'll see stuff like that, and.
Speaker 1: Some of them might even be some of y'all who Yeah, Yeah, we want to hear from you guys. In addition to experts or if you are an expert, We're looking at for you guys to tell us something interesting about your job. You know what our jobs are. Our guests tend to also be people who work in the media like us. What's something interesting about your job? Was the craziest thing that ever happened to you on your job? What's something most people misunderstand about your job?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hit us on Twitter in the discord, let us.
Speaker 2: Know, dms. Whatever come at me, Come.
Speaker 1: At us, just not during my everything shower, because I won't answer.
Speaker 2: Are your children doing everything showers? What experts tell you it's the new plague?
Speaker 1: So in everything shower is a shower that you do everything in. Yeah, which I didn't know. I wasn't doing enough in my shower until.
Speaker 2: I shave my feet and my shoulders do it all just like Homer.
Speaker 1: So one of our producers told us when she does a foot scrub involving an exfoliant, I have never done that, which might explain why my kids asked me if the bottom of my feet are made of plastic. The other day they touched them and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, yo, wait, what's going on? Were you just like barefoot?
Speaker 1: B Yeah, well the second like my feet are exposed, they wanna Yeah, they want to mess with them, I think because they are kind of calloused and weird looking and they know that it's an easy way to make me cry. So but yeah, my feet are are pretty pretty rough and trouble and so maybe I need to incorporate more of an everything shower and get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do your you know not everyone watches their hair if they have hair, you know, right, and the shower. I cleanse my scalp every shower I take, but I get to you want to do these other things. That's a little more time consuming. You're in there a little bit longer. But why is there a reason why there's like the tag of like and here's why experts are warning you about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're they're basically saying, I think the experts in question, they're not like pulmonologists or like oncologists. It's skin care experts who say that showering for long periods of time can severely dry out the skin.
Speaker 2: Right, so right, you know, oh, like because you get kind of pruney, like you don't you don't want to get to that point from showering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you want to If you're gonna do an everything shower, showering for over fifteen minutes at a time, you're gonna want to follow it by covering yourself with a thick moisturizer over the entire body.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Consider Jack O'Brien's plumpers cream.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of the of the best.
Speaker 2: Yes for a thick moisture.
Speaker 1: You need some nice elastic skin when you've got legs triple in size when you flex them.
Speaker 2: You know, man, that's why I okay, well, I mean, you know, shout out to the people who are in the shower for thirty plus minutes.
Speaker 1: Yes, also covering you yourself in a thick moisturizer like then, so you're getting out of a shower that has basically put you into a coma, and then you're going to have to stand up because you cover yourself in a thick moisturizer and then lay down like they it was like, I don't like the feeling.
Speaker 2: Wait, so do you take your showers at nice or something at night? Is that why you're saying you're laying down after the shower.
Speaker 1: No, because a shower over fifteen, like it would put my ass down, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Like I love that that's your weakness, like as a superhero weakness, really long shower, really warm showers.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. We we also realized that you were not here for the shower orange controversy.
Speaker 4: No, what the don't I don't want to talk about it. Yeah, I gottat understand it. I mean, it's just another thing to do in the shower. You start taking your meals like that, It's aren't real type.
Speaker 2: Vibes what I get from shower Orange.
Speaker 1: Like again, I love that you refuse to even give any No, I'm disgusted by it. I'm disgusting.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like I get you know, Becca was explaining, you know, there's a roma therapy and shower stuff. I get that, Like I understand that, but then like the way this subred is worded. They're talking about like a transcendent religious experience, and I think it's just for slopo's who eat and Orange is all fucked up and they're like, hey, wouldn't it be sick to just do it in a fucking shower? Sow the slop just like washes off of you and then you can do that. I'm like, I don't ever eat in the shower. I've never had the desire to eat in the shower. And even when I've like watermelon other fruits that I like to enjoy, like we get it all over my shit whatever, and when it's hot out, never like, oh I wish I ate this in the shower.
Speaker 1: I think the one thing the shower oranges have to recommend them over watermelon showers or shower watermelons is that you're going in with a completely sealed piece of fruit by a by a thick skin that also smelled wonderful. It's like the act of peeling it is releasing there through the bathroom to the shower with a piece of food, Like there's just something It's not like my bathroom is just like disgusting at this point in my life. It certainly has been in the past. But the fact that there's not a single part of the thing I'm about to eat that is touching the air when I get on my way to the shower makes it feel a little safer for me. Chicken leg or something like that that I've tried before I don't know.
Speaker 2: All I hear is my grandmother's voice. If she caught me eating an orange in her shower, she'd be like, that's nasty. And yeah, my shower with all that. Yeah, and I know you're not allowed about to have all that peel in my drain, right because so what do you do with the peel? You just let it fucking kick it and then what's gonna get caught? I don't look.
Speaker 1: I mean it's pretty big and chunky, so I feel like you can just like pick that ouh. That's another thing that the recommends it to me, is like, it's not like you go in there and peel a carrot and then.
Speaker 2: Man, super producer Victor has done this. Victor is chiming ins and you put the trash right next to the shower. I don't okay, you know, maybe I'll try it, yeah, just to see it's worth it. I mean I was told on it the last time we talked about it. Uh, And have you've done it? Never?
Speaker 1: No, I never tried it.
Speaker 2: So because I don't buy oranges anyway. So that's the other thing, is like I would have to go out of my way to make this shit happen.
Speaker 1: We are a very fruitful family. We've got fruit on deck at all.
Speaker 2: Well, that makes sense, so we always got well my child does not eat solid foods yet, so yeah, you know, well, I'm sure when we get to that point, it's gonna be you watch me, I'll be like fruit and Ninja up in this ship. The way I'm cutting up this fruit.
Speaker 1: We've convinced these little fuckers that it's dessert. Man.
Speaker 2: Hilarious. They have no fucking idea.
Speaker 1: I don't even know about candy man. All right, rip to Tina Turner. Yeah, yeah, one of the greats to ever do it passed away at the age of eighty three.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. She lived in Switzerland.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't either. Good for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like yeah, I remember like over the years, I remember she had like some kind of intestioninal cancer and they needed a kidney transplant, like a few years ago. But yeah, I don't know what exactly happened, but they said she she died peacefully, which is what you want to hear. Just the best we can hope for as mortal human beings. But yeah, that's that's wild.
Speaker 1: New York Times is opening sentence, says Tina Turner, the earth shaking soul singer who's rasping vocals, sexual magnetism, and explosive energy made her an unforgettable live performer and one of the most successful recording artists of all time, died on Wednesday at her home in Cou's Knocked, Switzerland. I'm gonna go with near Zurich. She was eighty three. Do you think if if I passed away, that my sexual magnetism would be mentioned in the first sentence of my.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't like to speak ill of the dead, so I just won't say anything Jack. But I don't know if that would be I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so. That's an amazing accomplishment to have sexual magnetism. Yeah, undeniable, but absolutely absolutely truthful.
Speaker 2: I mean, what they will say about you is his feet were made of plastic.
Speaker 1: Puzzling scientists and little children alike.
Speaker 2: If your kids are right in the obit, they might hit you with that one. Yeah, great father, feet of plastic, heart of gold.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. And there's been a character in Silicon Valley who infuses blood from young people into himself to try and stay young. There is now a forty five year old multi millionaire biotech person who is now like bragging about this. His latest venture involves getting blood plasma from his seventeen year old son, Bloomberg reported, and then he also gave it to his own father and is like, this is the first try generational blood exchange.
Speaker 2: What are you fucking? This is some rich people shower orange shit, rich.
Speaker 1: People, this is the shower or extremely wealthy fuck try generational blood exchange. The fuck is that they said it couldn't be done. He also looks like he may have had plastic surgery to look more like his son.
Speaker 2: He has like a you're just side by side. I'm like, it's either strong. He looks like like if Bono had a face filter on, like on like Snapchat. Yeah, it's kind of what that's kind of his his energy. Yeah, but damn man, I mean, look, I get it after hearing over and over in the Playoffs that thirty eight is basically you on your deathbed because Lebron James right, you get in touch with the immortality. And I get some people, especially in the US, man, the fear of mortality is something else, like it is just so so not a part of our culture of like accepting that part where it's funny too, like because in Japan it's a completely different But we fucking hate we hate death, we hate mortality.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me I'm so irrelevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but even in the core demo anymore.
Speaker 1: But it does make sense from a certain like from an economic perspective, I feel like we will see more and more of this, whether people acknowledge it or not.
Speaker 5: You see what more trigenerational blood exchange, the rich people using their wealth to get the blood of young people in their veins because like they've hoarded all the wealth and yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: They've extracted the wealth from the labor. Now extract the blood from the body. From the bodies, come on.
Speaker 1: So I could see it. It's also like because we're so like I was just talking to somebody about like they they had recently gotten scammed on like a real estate thing, and like real estate scams really fuck you up.
Speaker 2: Just say, your friend Harlan Kroge got burned because people found.
Speaker 1: But I was thinking about the fact that, like, I don't know, I think a lot of the you know, the fact that everyone has been made kind of cut off from social like having like a community around them makes it easier for scammers to like come at people like just generally yeah, because you know you're not you don't have like friends to be like, this is a real estate agent I worked with, so I'm right, you know, like I can vouch for them. And so it's just all everybody's operating in a vacuum and just leaves us all a lot more vulnerable to scams, which is why that is truly America's number one growth industry.
Speaker 2: I mean I just looked at who else followed them on Instagram, and Elon MUCKs also follows him, so I figured this is a safe bet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Elon MUCKs, he just helped Ron DeSantis announce he's a DeSantis Republican. DeSantis revealed his decision that he is running for president in a Federal Election Commission filing before an online conversation with Twitter CEO Elon Musk. I mean, we knew this was coming. Yeah it has now come. Yeah, we'll see whatever, see what they have planned. They seem more confident then it would seem that they should be, based on how things have gone so far and the fact that there's just like no support for him, and he is allergic to charisma.
Speaker 2: But this fucking video that they're played with this, oh my god, I can't even watch this crap.
Speaker 1: They played a video announcing it.
Speaker 2: There's some there's something going around on to it. I don't know if it has to do with the campaign, if it's like part of a campaign announcement video, but it's not interested, not interested, No thank you. Let's hear from a MAGA guy who was really unhappy about Rhonda Santis running treat So.
Speaker 3: Here we are the evening that ron the sanctimonious, all the work that we put in for the last I don't know, mpeen years. This fucking guy coming in the up, Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: This guy coming in here, fu shit, I've I don't like that, been doing it for the past I'm teen years. Yeah, all right then that's uh yeah, that seems to be the general vibe.
Speaker 2: And he's not.
Speaker 1: Allowed to criticize Trump so and he's good boy, follow rules. So I don't know what he's going to I don't know what he's gonna do. It'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: It's wild to see. Like how also the conservative media is like already splintering, like where like the Babylon Bee is like kind of taking shots at Ron DeSantis, no, like trying to look yeah, you get it, but then also be like, clearly Piers Morgan is full on the DeSantis train because he's been incessantly just tweeting stuff about like everyone says he's a nerdy shit bag who stinks and is repulsive. I've actually spent two hours with him, and I found him to be nerdy, more of a cock bag than a ship bag, and he's actually much shorter. And then he said if I were Trump, I would be worried. It's like, uh huh, whatever, just get to the part where they scream at each other and then the racists get to pick who their their king is.
Speaker 1: But the whole thing seems to be like he's like, you know, whose campaign worked well Jeb Bush in twenty sixteen when he was the consensus pick among the mainstream media and absolutely nobody wanted to vote for him. Yeah, that that feels like he's very popular with very wealthy people and establishment people and the mainstream media. He appeals to them in some way by their logic. So anyways, well we'll see if that somehow starts to work. Yeah, Shakira is trending for a couple reasons. Oh, a couple having to do with Miami.
Speaker 2: Oh so what's the one?
Speaker 1: A stupid one is just that her and Jimmy Butler recently followed each other after she was witnessed in person his Jimmy three demolition of the Boston Celtics, right, and so people are shipping them, and I am shipping them to see them get together.
Speaker 2: She's like, She's like, Gerard PK does not have an inside jumper. I'm sorry he doesn't, but Jimmy does and I like that and also his and also Jimmy's parents wouldn't kick me out of a home with their grandchildren like Gerard's did. But the other reason, I didn't know that. I didn't know that her and Jimmy Buckets were following each other. Well, that will not be good news to Tom Cruise because apparently they met at the like Miami Grand Prix. And this is just from I think this is from Vulture. They said, quote Cruz believed there was chemistry and sent the singer flowers, but the gesture didn't change her mind. The source added that Cruz appeared quote giddy after spending time with Shakira, similar to how quote how he acted when he began dating his former spouse Katie Holmes quote, he came away convinced they had a real connection they needed to build on. The source said quote. She doesn't want to embarrass or upset him, but there's no attraction or romance on her part. She was just being friendly. She's flattered, but not interested.
Speaker 1: Oh buddy Tom Tommy, Yeah, uh, it's well, we'll see, you know, he when he sets his mind and cult full of slave labor on something. Yeah, you never know what's going to happen. I vote Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: Do you vote Jimmy Butler over Tom Cruise as a partner? Okay, I my heart wants that. But again, to your point, he has an entire intelligence apparatus that could probably like gaslight her and but I don't know or whatever deal Katie Holmes got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so we'll see. We will be following this ongoing.
Speaker 2: Story with breath. But Shakira, don't worry. Just don't don't worry if you hurt that guy's feelings, just just do you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine how over the top though like if this is like all real, like Tom Cruise being convinced that you guys have something going and like the kind of over the top gifts that you go because like he's he's well known in Hollywood for being like a very generous gift giver for people like that. He'd like he's guests on a show or something or has a good experience somewhere. So secondly, imagine when he's like his heart is set to like xenu horny that you get like all the just fucking nine thousand, like a fucking metric ton of roses or something like what the fuck am I supposed to do with this shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it has a negative impact on the global environment, the amount of roses apparently. The cakes, this is something that I've heard from a number of sources. Yeah, the cakes that you get when you're within the good graces of Tom Cruise's orbit, you get some of the best cakes that have ever been baked. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's a problem. He should have led with a cake rather than these flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, May twenty fourth. We are back tomorrow with who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your blue shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite Bite,