Speaker 1: Welcome into press Pass. Today we'll hear from head coach John Harball, quarterback Lamar Jackson, safety Ginostone, and outside linebacker Jadave Young Clowney. Let's start with Harps.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate everybody being out here, Thanks for coming. Beautiful day for football. Every day is a beautiful day for football. I want to congratulate Terrell Suggs on his induction this week in the Ring of Honor. Nobody more deserving obviously Ring of Honor Raven his pictures right there with all the greats. So one of the all time great players to ever play here, one of the all time great guys, leaders, characters, the whole thing. I'm sure there'll be a lot of Trell sugg stories being written this week and there'll be a lot of laughs to go with it, because that's who he is. So really just proud of him and happy for him. What question do you have, so, what is your favorite sug story? When he comes in, ask him about the first year when he didn't have the right shoes to get on the bus to travel down to Miami. Ask him about that one, how that went.
Speaker 3: How did that turn out?
Speaker 2: He was there, he played I think he had a few sacks. It turned out great, turned out great, John.
Speaker 4: Obviously they're good players, but it's something unique about the Lions up at the steam, Like what makes them so be injurious offensive line?
Speaker 2: Well, they're executing at a high level, you know, and it starts with the quarterback. You know, Jared's doing a great job with It's it's a system that he's basically grown up in. That system is is the system he learned right when from the first year when he started off with McVeigh coach Sean McVay, and he's he just knows how to run those plays really well. I think the timing is really good. The receivers are on the same page, the backs and everything. They've been in it for a few years now, and they're just executing at a high level.
Speaker 5: Execution.
Speaker 6: Where do you kind of look at things in terms of your offense at this point six weeks in, You know, it seems like in the first half things are clicking pretty well really the game, and then it's like, you know, maybe if you look back in the second half of the two yards for play, the second half just scurious.
Speaker 2: Your kind of assessment and there, Yeah, I mean I would think it's a product of a work in progress. You know, we're in the process of trying to build this thing out, chasing all the details of all different things to get the execution we want consistently. I don't think it's a product of first half, second half, any particular quarter anything like that. It's more process of us being consistently good at what we do, executing at a real crisp level. That's why we practice so hard. The guys are all chasing, chasing that kind of perfection every every single rep in practice, and you just chase that improvement. And that's what we're working on.
Speaker 7: Why has you daven been able to fit in so well, come in the middle of the camp and then plug and play, literally just going NonStop, some incredible production that just like he's been there for ten years.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I think, first of all, he's a really good player. You know, he's very talented, so talent talent travels well, you know. And also I would say his attitude and work ethic are just our top nine. You know, he's got a great mindset. He comes out here every day, gives you everything he's got. He's he's a joy to be around. The meeting rooms, weight room, everywhere he's he's into it and uh, just kind of guy you like to have around. He's he's the first first rate NFL football player.
Speaker 8: John Kyle Van.
Speaker 9: Noyd called the line is potentially the you guys's toughest challenge, at least on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 5: Do you share that when you look at this all the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not really rating the challenges. I mean they're all they're all the ones that that you face. They seem like the one that comes up is the toughest one, you know, that's how you feel about it. But I think they're obviously they're very good. They've got one loss, they're leading their division. They've won the recent games by large margins. I mean, they haven't even been in a close game, I don't think since since early in the season.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They're you know, tough, they're physical, Uh, they're they're uh, they're legit. So we're looking forward to the game. Can't wait to get out there and play.
Speaker 10: John.
Speaker 11: We saw obviously it's all the way back. As you kind of foreshadowed the other day, how big he deals that, not just because of how good he is, but having him there kind of allow you to apportion workloads way you you might want them to with that.
Speaker 2: Group or well, yeah, I mean he'll he'll, he'll, he'll take a lot of reps, I'm sure as much as he can. You know where he's at healthwise. We have a bunch of guys rotating in now, you know. I mean you got to give Jeremiah Moon a lot of credit, right He's taking a full full workload, share.
Speaker 8: A portion.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to work that in somehow, but I can't figure out how. It's a nice word you use right there. But now it's a good group and it's great to have a dafe back.
Speaker 12: John.
Speaker 13: You're joking about how much the Lions fans travel, but with just like the increase of research going into other stadiums, have you lost a difference over the years and how much on field actually gives you an advantaged shot.
Speaker 2: Well, I know we've done well at home, you know, as far as over the league, I think it's a little over fifty percent, so you know, three points. So Vegas says, right, that's generally what they say. I'd probably go with that. They seem like they know what they're doing out there.
Speaker 12: What I tell you down to one and a half.
Speaker 8: It's one and a half.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not talking about this game. I'm telling generally, Oh that's what it is now. So to your point, well, then you know your I think your question is it's not as much as you used to be that kind of what you're saying.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just like, why do you think that is?
Speaker 13: Is it because research?
Speaker 8: I have no idea why.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Vegas, the odds makers, they know China.
Speaker 8: Marlin when his podcast talked about there was a fight between Odell and Jeffrey Simmons after the game, do you know that's the first I heard?
Speaker 14: But yeah, OK, so you don't know any of the details along those lines. Did you guys raise anything to the NFL about Simmons? Maybe kind of spearing.
Speaker 10: Day on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we sent our plays in. You know, we sent our plays in. I think I probably just leave it at that. So you send all the plays in that you really.
Speaker 14: Notice you guys like Lake Harris and Brandon Stevens. You know, Malie's playing on the outside. Brandon, I know you guys plan initially was for him to play safety, but for them to come in and play at such a high levels like spots that maybe a year ago he didn't next, I guess, just what does it kind of speak to the evantage of being in the system for as long as they have, just being kind of willing to embrace that.
Speaker 2: It's exactly that. I mean, the fact that you got guys that work hard, that have been able to stack reps in the system, as you said, and try to pay attention to detail in terms of technique and are talented, you know, hard workers to see the results out there is really rewarding.
Speaker 1: You also think that, you know, Blake's second year with his players are just more comfortable in that system because you guys are getting so many contributions across the board from so many players. Is that in part due to your bike being in the second year?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, continuity is a big deal, you know, and the guys, the guys learn, and then that way there's not there not starting over consistently starting over. And I think our coaches do a great job. Mike does a great job, you know, Chris Hewitt back there you talking about this. Defensive backs do a great job. Denard has done a fantastic job. I mean, all the defensive coaches have done really well. All the coaches have done great. I think we have a great staff.
Speaker 15: And I think Detroit started oh to nine a couple of years whether you guys had your hands full and you play and then I guess could you sort of see even then that the sort of the culture there was living in the right direction that they were gonna.
Speaker 2: Be Well, we had a tough game against them, I'm sorry, go ahead and finish.
Speaker 15: Could you sort of see that they were gonna, you know, eventually get it turned around there? And pretty clearly we last time that space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you could see that they were really talented and really tough. You know, you could see that at the time. And they've done a great job, all right.
Speaker 5: You obviously addressed the ties bound situation.
Speaker 10: Every day.
Speaker 6: Just curious how difficult it is to sort of play and you know, without him with a challenge that goes into that, and then if there's if there's any frustrating, right, I guess.
Speaker 2: I just really want what's best for Tis, you know, I want I want this to kind of get resolved, because he's worked hard to get physically where he can come back and play. You know, he's worked really hard to do it, and I think there's some doctors meeting going on this week. Uh so I'm really looking forward to seeing with the resolutions. I mean, I'm hopeful that he gets back and plays you know that what you'd want. It's gonna be in his court. I think, you know, it's my understanding of it, and we'll just see what happens. But those are those are serious, real decisions that guys have to make. So we'll see next up.
Speaker 1: Here's Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: You adjust it back to East Coast time.
Speaker 8: Yet I believe I have. I believe I have.
Speaker 16: Yeah, No, probably the first two days it's pretty tough. You know, you're waking up early, trying to go back to sleep. But it's back.
Speaker 8: I say it's back now.
Speaker 17: There are a lot of discussion these last two weeks about not finding the end zone, and you get deep in the red zone when you watch those plays over again with what's breaking down White, what's happening.
Speaker 16: Watching film, I say, we have miscommunication here and there that I believe we're gonna fix, and hopefully this week we start showing we can put points on the board in the red zone or just.
Speaker 1: Just looking at the phone that I see you just really orchestrating a lot, you know, really communicating through teammates and whether it's audibling or whatever it is, the protection of whatever it is. How much more comfortable do you feel in this offense doing all that as compared to when the season started.
Speaker 8: Very comfortable?
Speaker 16: Uh, because earlier, I, you know, I end up uh coming out at the inn, the OTA's and stuff like that. So uh, the team was ahead of me a little bit. So I had to watch the extra film, talk to monks sometimes, you know, after practice and go over things.
Speaker 8: Well, I feel like I'm pretty good right now.
Speaker 11: Well, mar I, you guys have been moving the ball almost every drive in the first half, and then you come out with out of time and things have been a little slower.
Speaker 5: Why why do you think that's been?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 16: Teams do a great job of of adjusting. I'll say, you know, ch changing up their defense on our second half, and then I I'll I'll say, it take us a little bit, you know, uh, a little bit of time to catch up to them. So I I believe we sure it, Just you know, work faster, try to catch on to them, make make adjustments at halftime, and feel like we'll be good.
Speaker 8: We'll be you know, dropping the ball, how it was first half?
Speaker 9: Mar looks like you and uh Rashad Bateman haven't been on the same page necessarily so far this year.
Speaker 8: Do you do you feel that way?
Speaker 9: And how how how important is it to you guys to try to get him involved?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 8: Uh, I I believe we good.
Speaker 16: You know, we always have chemistry and practice and stuff like that. We just have to transition over to the game and show, you know, show we doing it practice and stuff like that. And you know it's a lot of guys out there who getting open and stuff like that. So just tryna spread the ball around. But we gonna be good as the season go home.
Speaker 3: Lamar, Was that interception on Sunday? Was that a discommunication? Was that a wrong route?
Speaker 10: What kind how they kind of what happened?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 16: You know he was getting poor, He was getting poor, you know, breaking out of his route. And when I threw the ball, you know he he didn't have you know, his eyes was you know, just coming up in the balls. How say, you know, just miscommunica miscommunication now, but we'll be good.
Speaker 12: Hey, Lamar, Uh, do you know how Stone's gonna be up? You're talking later. He played a lot of positions in high school, including quarterback. Has he ever told you about how good he was at quarterback? And what do you think of this moves on the field after interceptions.
Speaker 16: No, he didn't tell me about his quarterback history, but his moves it was pretty good. But I told him he didn't have no vision. He should have kept running towards our side line. It was I believe Jadavion Clowney was there for lead block and I don't want to say Benroy, but he didn't follow the block end up getting tackled.
Speaker 8: He need to work on that, but I'm glad he caught the pick.
Speaker 13: Lord.
Speaker 1: What's the feeling going against a really good lines team? There's six and one? You know, this is a game between two really good teams. What's kind of the emotions the six and one five or five one?
Speaker 10: Sorry? Going into.
Speaker 1: Going into a big time game like that?
Speaker 3: Like, does that get the juices flowing out?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 16: Two years ago we played them, he was pretty good as well on defense. They helped us to I believe seventeen points. It was a good team there. You know, they got a couple of new guys and stuff like that, but you know, we gotta going to M and T Banks stayed and ready. You know it's gonna be a great game, I believe, you know, great defense, great offense they have over there as well. We just gotta be prepared to be ready.
Speaker 7: Or how good does it field that had that three game road trip? Of course, the last one overseas behind your night, you get home for four to the next five just kind of a breathe, a little bit easier, like a little bit easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 16: We love planning front of our fan base, not everyone else's fan base. You know, I believe they be having fun home field advantage. But uh, as I said when I was in London, I believe we had it in London, you know, I I heard a lot of every time we did something. It was a lot of fans going crazy whenever we did something. But it's great to be back home.
Speaker 5: A larger you're six weeks in now or six games into this season. What's your overall assessment of the offense, just in terms of where you think it is and and where you can be expected or.
Speaker 10: A lot of to do.
Speaker 16: I believe we've been inconsistent, Uh up and downs. Uh, we've been showing glimpses of what we could be and we've been showing where it's like what we've been doing, you know, like where the offense went. We just gotta be more consistent when we're doing good and you know, driving the ball down the field.
Speaker 8: And scoring points. And we'll go from there.
Speaker 12: And Mark, did you have a favorite for real slug store.
Speaker 8: And favorite to a sluck story?
Speaker 16: I don't really, I really don't. Well, he used to mess around me and practice all the time, you know. Uh, you know, I was a rookie, you know, going to g going up against those guys, and he's just be saying crazy stuff all the time.
Speaker 8: But that was about it.
Speaker 2: Wow. What do you remember about the uh the uh Tucker uh game winning uh kick against the Lions?
Speaker 8: I remember we had to kick that first down.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 8: Sammy made a great catch.
Speaker 16: Uh he could have went out of bounce, got more yards and got out of bounce for tough to make it easier for Tuck.
Speaker 10: But he did it.
Speaker 16: But he did a great, great thing by catching the ball, you know, getting us in field goal range. And I just kN I I believe I knew Tout was gonna make it like it was a no brainer, and he kicked that that kick and it bounced off the upright wing now and we were just going crazy after that, like a record record.
Speaker 8: Was it a record kit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was crazy. It was crazy. It was unreal though. It was like something on Matt and Mark.
Speaker 12: There's been a lot of conversation on the player's side about playing surfaces, whether artificial or real. What has been your experience at M ANDT that grass Do you like it? Is there anything you don't like it? How does it compare to other grass field you might play on?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I love our grass field. Everyone loves grass field. You know, turf is pretty pretty hard on your knees and stuff like that. You know, you're getting tackled like you're getting tackled on concrete.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 16: I believe a lot of guys got hurt on turf, then you know, being on where whether it's been on grass.
Speaker 8: So I believe grass is better and ours is the best.
Speaker 1: Next the NFL's leader tied in interceptions? Does this game going against a really good lines team kind of feel like a measuring sick game for you?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 1: What's the mental going up against a good team like that?
Speaker 19: You just you just know you're gonna get your best shot from them. Uh this, I mean this, it's a team that's been rolling since the end of last year.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 19: The record speaks for a for herself, like over the last like ten thirteen games. So you know, I feel like, I mean, they got a head coach, as a fiery head coach. It's gonna get their guys going. So we know we're gonna get the best out of all of them guys. So just get ready for this week, prepare the best we can and get ready to go have a great game.
Speaker 10: And go away.
Speaker 8: And going against to receiving like Saint Brown, what's what's kind of the challenges of trying to defend him.
Speaker 3: I know you're not going to.
Speaker 19: No, No, he's a really talented guy. And I remember my last my last ever coalle footballame was against him, actually him, Michael Pittman when I played USC, So I've been familiar to him since since then. Uh, just seeing his growth throughout the league. He's the guy that's really good in the slot, tough guy, good guy after after the catch. So you know, he's probably their best player, I would say, on the offensive side of the balls. And uh, you know they're gonna try to get him going. So we try to limit as much we can on the defense side of for him because they.
Speaker 11: Just have so many guys who have to account Clay and the word wide receivers are playing well if rookies, Iam, I mean, is there just just a lot of.
Speaker 3: Guys to Yeah.
Speaker 19: I just feel like they get all their guys involved, you know, you know, and I feel like Golf is the guy that's gonna control that offense very well. Uh you know, he's a very talented guy. Uh you know, he's gonna make sure everyone's in the right spots to get de Troy checks. And you know they got good they got good backs too, that's gonna run the ball. Solid offensive line. So you know, them guys that are playing well all together right now, you know, on the streak, so uh you know you're gonna get the best album.
Speaker 3: You asked John about this on Monday.
Speaker 20: But I mean, if you go back to December twenty twenty, this team, let you go, and what's your mentality when you think back to that time then, and how have you changed as a player from then to now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a wow.
Speaker 19: But uh yeah, I would just say just my mindset the way I approached the game. Uh, you know, back that back then, I feel like I always tell everyone I had like the whole rookie experience, the whole NFL experience, my rookie year, you know, making that fifty three man roster, uh, then getting released during the season, going to practice squad, getting elevated, getting back on the roster, cut one to another team in Houston, and then finally coming back here. You know, it was just it was a lot for my rookie year. You know, at that time, I had to learn to control I like only I could control at the moment. And then uh, you know, I had a lot of I had Anthony Levine here, a vet that was got in a similar situation to him when he told me his rookie for a few years in the league, you know, being a guy I had to make the roster, fighting for a spot, uh, being a special team guy. And then whenever he got all these opportunities and on defense, he made the most of it. And I feel like I've been trying to do the same things. Uh, every time I get my situation, they're going to the field, you know, uh, you know, it's not a good situation because guys go down. But at the end of the day, you know, it's a X man up mentality and I always try to take that with me. I've been like that since college, since high school, whatever it was, whatever off squad have in front of me. I want to make sure I get the best of my opportunity.
Speaker 14: I mean recently, when they didn't tendure you as a descripted free agent, you were a free agent.
Speaker 3: You were doing with the market for a couple of days. I guess, is it playing all along or you signed here? Did you talk to other keys or were coming into.
Speaker 19: That Yeah, yeah, I mean there was there was there was other situations out there, But at the end of the day, I sat down with my agent. You know, this was the best situation for me. I feel like I have something here. UH dealt with the guys, UH, built with the coaching staff someroce last year. Uh, you know, just the way Mike's defense was, I felt like it's the best situation for me to show my abilities uh on the field. So you know, going through free agency, I felt like it was really like almost a no brainer for me to come back here.
Speaker 10: And you know, uh it really didn't matter. But whatever the whoever that was.
Speaker 19: But uh, you know, I just wanted to make sure I was in a great situation around guys that's gonna make sure I'll be. I was able to show my abilities what I could do in the fields.
Speaker 7: I mean, you do have mean the most of drop optunities in shure when you're sitting here at the vodium here end of the week sixth tied for the NFL LEA and the interceptions. Again, as I said, trying is going through this journey to get here.
Speaker 19: What's it eth Uh, it means a lot. You know, I actually wrote goals down back and I I looked at my notes. I wrote goals back in April twenty fifth, and like ten forty eight. Am, Uh, I had a lot of goals. I had like five goals on there and three interceptions was three plus interceptions.
Speaker 3: With one of them.
Speaker 10: Uh, you know, I feel.
Speaker 19: Like I got a lot more goals I want to hit this year and and more and most of more team goals at this point.
Speaker 10: So you know, uh, it's.
Speaker 19: Gonna take it one step at a time, one week at a time. You know, it's really early season, so you know, I don't wanna get complacenents of whatever it was. So, I mean, the success is good, but at the same time, you know you early good is your next next opportunity.
Speaker 10: I get so.
Speaker 19: I I never want to get complacent, just wanna be able to uh caplize my next opportunity.
Speaker 3: I get it any more special for you.
Speaker 14: To ask as good as a few cast into the thistory from this.
Speaker 10: That's big.
Speaker 19: It's yeah, no, it's crazy. I mean we uh we actually talked about it the past few weeks. You know, me, the league, PQ Medebike. You know, we're all guys that came in together since twenty twenty in the COVID year, and now we're all key contributors to a defense, making making play as much as we can, especially on special teams.
Speaker 10: To me and Moleak.
Speaker 19: So, I feel like our class uh been playing really well together since we game, since we got here, got our opportunities as much as we can and made the most of them.
Speaker 17: Mark Jackson just said a minute ago that you need to work on your vision on your interception.
Speaker 3: Church.
Speaker 10: What do you say to that?
Speaker 19: That's all right, I mean, I I I'll listen to him. You know, Lamar's got probably one of the best vision in the league. But you know, I say time, I'll try to tell them guys how to run the ball. So uh so I'm I just I just try to get the ball back to him. That's my that's my goals. Get the ball back to him. You know, hopefully one of these days I score. I want to. It's not like I'm not trying to. I cut back last game, so uh you know, now I look on film and needless opportunities for me to do it. But at the same time, you know, I just I see what I see and I try to make most of it.
Speaker 12: So Lamar says she, you haven't told him that you need to play quarterbacks in high school? Sure how you were at fast uh because you played a lot of positions in high school.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, no, I never.
Speaker 19: I really don't tell people that much I played quarterback because you know, everyone has their own comments. So I allowed to be. I allowed to be at that. But you know, I mean I was, I was decent. I would say I was decent. I counted for forty touchdowns with whatever that means. But at the same time, I was the first team off state dB. So I always think of myself as a defensive player in high school, not really offensive player, but I did the most. I did most as much as I came with the offense though.
Speaker 12: But also you can turn bunch for touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a wide receiver.
Speaker 12: Does any of that come into play just because instinct when you went accept the fast you're coming after the years?
Speaker 19: No, yeah, I mean all all them things. Like because baseball, my growing up was my favorite sport. So I think in me playing the post or whatever it is, uh, I think I'm playing like centerfield because that's what I played. So every time I'm tracking the ball, I think I'm like playing center field, just gonna get the ball high point at whatever it is. And then just like like you said, I play returners, so I try to use them skills a little bit.
Speaker 10: I tried to sneak in there.
Speaker 19: Talking about, Hey, if you ever want to go too returners on punt return, I'll go back there too. But you know, I try to do as much as I can whenever get the ball in my hands.
Speaker 2: Alright, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Last, but not least, here's the outside linebacker, Jadeveon Clowney.
Speaker 7: It so well here came showed up late in camp or New camp, but it was like you've been here forever.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 21: I think it's the guys in the locker room. Uh, it's just a good group. I mean it kind of I don't know, man's just a I just feel like the guys in the locker room we kind of fill off each other and they've been through some of the stuff. I've been through some of the guys and uh, just enjoying myself here.
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 12: Is there anyone who.
Speaker 3: Has the first or lock them us here? Uh?
Speaker 21: Probably Roquaorn say what's up and uh something the coaches Chuck Smith now and Uh, it's been going smooth ever since.
Speaker 17: Related to what Peter asked, John Harmon Sunday said something like Jendevin Cloudy has.
Speaker 3: Always been a raven.
Speaker 8: He just didn't know it till here.
Speaker 3: What do you think you meant by that?
Speaker 21: Like I said, when I got here, I was like, man, this team is like I I be excited to pull up for work, you know, I'd be excited to be out here to practice. Just just being here with these guys and it's starting to show, you know what I mean, Like you'll play and show off how you practice and stuff. And I love going to practicing with this group. Everybody bring their energy every day and it's it's rub off on you. It's contagious, and uh it's it's paying off.
Speaker 8: For me kind of too.
Speaker 9: That hasn't been rejuvenating for you, Not that you've been in the dumps or anything like that. But do you feel like, like you said, you can show up happy to work. Do you feel that extra motivation just from the new environment.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 21: Man, I wanna I wanna show these guys I still got uh talent left and uh a lot of game left and uh me coming here being a part of this group. Man, they just bringing the best out of me. Like like I say, the work it's come easy when you enjoying it. And uh it's like you can tell everybody out here enjoyed it coming to work every day, like I said, and it's rubbing off on me. Yeah, I'll just keep keep having fun.
Speaker 1: What you say about the job Mike McDonald is doing and what does he do to kind of empower as pass.
Speaker 21: Rushers like Mike, Hey them dogs on the inside. I thank them. I told them today. Man, that's the best Detacer group I played with. And to make my life a lot easier when you got three three guys that can go in there and just push the pocket and knock everybody back and shut the run down and make our lives easier on the edge, so you can do anything. It's it's a lot of you can run past the quarterback running who come back. Some teams I've been on where it's been hard for you to run past the quarterback because you have that middle push and with them guys on the inside, it's just like that's that bread and butter.
Speaker 5: I met Mike McDonald.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, Mike is like that.
Speaker 21: Mike might be the smartest defensive quarter. He put everybody in position to make plays and the stuff you drop, I'd be like Mike, keep dowaling it up, keep dialing it up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 21: I enjoyed playing for him, Like I said, man, the he he makes sure he put the game playing together.
Speaker 10: And we try to go out there and execute.
Speaker 21: And I respect him the way he prepare us and have us ready to go into the games.
Speaker 3: And I just love playing for Mike. Why do you watch you fet lions a way back? That's right?
Speaker 5: Well, what are your life get better.
Speaker 3: With all the way back? Oh?
Speaker 21: For sure, man, for sure. I'm tired of getting chip blocked. Uh oh. Having him out there is like another dog out there we missing, and uh, it's gonna keep getting better getting the guys back. We getting a week out and Mike, I mean, uh yeah, oh it is a good pass rusher and we need him and a good run stopper. And uh, I think he's just waiting on his time for him to peek in his lead too as well. He kind of reminding myself a guy to just come to practice and work extremely hard and bring it every day and beat guys and it just hain't rolled over to the games quite yet. And I feel like his time coming. And uh, I tell him every day, man, I think you like a sleeper man. People be sleep on you like you got the talent, you got everything. You just gotta come out here and keep proving people wrong.
Speaker 10: The Lions offense right now, they they're really clicking. And and what about Jared Golf.
Speaker 3: Where he's going off.
Speaker 21: I think Jared Goss makes some of the smartest passes the smartest players, and he he out there calling the shots. And uh, the offensive line, that's a good group. They put it together. A lot of first round draft picks up. There a lot of guys that can move to a defensive line. Uh, it's gonna come down to that in this game. Uh, they front versus our front, and we know that going to this game and who gonna dominate the line of scrimmage? And Uh, I think that's what we have to do.
Speaker 3: What do you think about?
Speaker 15: I mean, it's been three weeks on the road, including London, and now you're coming back to face a pretty good Lions team.
Speaker 3: Are y? Are you good with the noboy?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: Coming back after uh London?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm cool.
Speaker 21: H man, it's next t next, next team up. Man. I think uh as a raven playing here. I think we prepared for it.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 21: Like I said, it might put us in position be prepared for them games. And he doing a good job as of right now. Uh, we're gonna be ready to go. We better be you guys.
Speaker 3: It's the best offers to play all year.
Speaker 21: Yeah by far. Yeah, Jeff Goff make them go. Think you're a smart, smart quarterback. And they running back game. They run game. It's been very very dominating so far, and and they getting a lot of turnos really making they they playing with the lead and it's it's easy for you to play with the lead. It's gonna come down to us up front like I said, and playing dominating the line of scrimmage and getting after the quarterback.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's your fatalities an address or change of all wins Blacks a team playing under centers or tells versus shotgun just.
Speaker 3: A lot of time for sure.
Speaker 21: Uh gotta play a little little different cause they have a lot of play action team converting on pass rush is gonna be very big for us this week. Uh, setting edge and really converting in the pass rush game. Like I said, Uh, it's gonna be good. I think we Like I said, we just try to make the one dimensional start to run and uh make 'em have to get a shotgun. Make it third and long. So they just can't play action up on the center and do do what they wanna do. But they have been playing a game planning. I just feel like we come to do that. We we can come over with the win.
Speaker 1: Now let's head into the locker room.
Speaker 22: But I feel like early in my career, the cameras was always on me, even when I didn't know they might have been on me, and it led me to trying to play this like calm me and all this because the camera's gonna get foot on me and make me seem like I'm a bad guy, which is just you know, part of the way that it goes. And now it's just like I just gotta play high. I just gotta be high in And that's fire, that's passion, that's you know. Uh you watched Tom Brady play like he's he was fired up.
Speaker 2: You know, like that's I care that much.
Speaker 22: He's out there sliding giving somebody a little extra like it's just it's.
Speaker 3: All you know, football.
Speaker 10: He's competitive.
Speaker 3: I'm competitive.
Speaker 10: I know we're all competitive.
Speaker 22: But it's just about bringing the competitive juices back.
Speaker 9: Oh there, Obviously you would, I know you wanna be more involved than you have been to this point Sunday, Like you mentioned, you had that big play, but how how have you dealt with it? You know, the game, the game situations. You may have more opportunities than some things you may not.
Speaker 10: You just gotta continue being a leader that people look this way.
Speaker 3: Just know, it's early in the season.
Speaker 22: I think a lot of teams around the league are still trying to figure out exactly what they plays are, what it is that works. Like we're at week going on week seven. You know, I remember when I w went to the Rams and it was week nine.
Speaker 3: Or whatever it was.
Speaker 10: They already were established as a team.
Speaker 22: You know, teams don't develop exactly who they are too late in the season.
Speaker 3: You know exactly what players are gonna work for them.
Speaker 22: So uh, I think it's just stay patience, keeping your head down, working, staying positive, all of those things, and then you know, y'all gonna take.
Speaker 10: Care of russy hodella.
Speaker 11: You talked about being on the Detroit I mean, uh, the numbers say they're one of the great.
Speaker 3: Best seams in the league.
Speaker 10: Do you do you think this game is gonna have that kind of big game? Get absolutely?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 22: I love the stories when the teams who've just been down for long and they're like no more, you know, like enough is enough.
Speaker 5: And I think the coach over there is that a great job.
Speaker 22: I think the players that they have surround them, they they've created a great atmosphere energy.
Speaker 5: You know, in team or a great team.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 22: You know, like Roemarn always says, you got a team coming to our house, you always gotta be catch your home, but knowing that this is one of the top teams in the league and it's gonna be a great game.
Speaker 3: You know, it's another but.
Speaker 5: You know respect and we all just wanna go out.
Speaker 4: There and battle.
Speaker 6: So get you guys have gotten off to to pretty quick starts generally this season, and it's sort of slowed in the second half.
Speaker 5: Is there any anything you can put your finger on in terms of that.
Speaker 22: I think it's just don't let off the gas. You know, I've been around long enough to know that. You know, games are really there there four quarters that are actually four quarters, but too feel like you let out the gas and you know it any this is the National Football League. You know, every team is capable of winning and this other that, So just finding ways to to close those games off. You know, there's a team in here that's four and two and feels like they should be six and over and maybe those two losses are the best things that haven't you know, for us to allow us not to take any moment for granted, the opportunity and just being able to capitalize.
Speaker 12: Uh when we do have that that time or they feel like you's playing.
Speaker 3: In that price up he's ever played out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the guy's playing good ball right now. You know, the pitcher's clear for him. He he makes a lot of uh good throws in a intermediate UH game as well as he take his shots when he need him. And so you know they got the team playing to miss uh spreend. So you know, hats off to him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, do you ever talk about this being a measuring sick game?
Speaker 12: You know, they're a good offense.
Speaker 5: You're a good defense.
Speaker 1: What's it feel like were the emotions going into this one?
Speaker 3: Hey, I just think about it Sunday.
Speaker 4: You know, Sunday, we'll be we'll be we'll be ready, so we'll be ready to welcome those guys here.
Speaker 3: They playing good ball.
Speaker 4: But have you know I'm from that showed me business, so gotta show me.
Speaker 1: You guys have eleven different players that have at least one sack. I mean, that's that's based in the NFL.
Speaker 10: Everybody's kind of getting in on the act.
Speaker 1: What is it that Mike does to kind of help facilitate that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's pretty sweet and clever. Man. I'm a huge fan of uh Mike's system.
Speaker 4: What he does things uh being able to just you know you're g guaranteed to get your one shot.
Speaker 3: A game, are you gonna take advantage of it?
Speaker 4: So it's basically like that, and you know, giving you some same pictures, giving you different pictures with some same things, some different things.
Speaker 3: So it's pretty unique within itself and I'm just a huge fan of it.
Speaker 5: Brook knowing what this matchup looks like, papers or some extra excitement to come home. Consider you guys haven't played at home and out money guys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but you know you always know where home is, so we gotta defend on home turf, and that's how we look at it. That's a great challenge for us. We'll welcome those guys with open arms. And like I said earlier, I'm from the show New Building, so you know I'm ready to get out there and keep going with my guys.
Speaker 10: Rook On is your body?
Speaker 18: I don't find out what they feel any different than it normally would based on the travel stuff, or do you feel like you're fully recovered and it's business as usual?
Speaker 3: Business is used.
Speaker 10: I'm reading the Rock and Roll.
Speaker 4: I'm not a guy make excuses about anything, so hey, when the ball roll out on Sunday, I'll be feeling even better than today, but I feel them good today.
Speaker 2: Run of guys said, share your opinions, ri Gina about his routes on interception returns they've been Do.
Speaker 12: You have any input, advice, thoughts.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to give any inputs and thoughts on that because he's catching them and I'm not catching him.
Speaker 3: So hats off to him for that.
Speaker 4: I wish I was catching him then I can, like more so give some advice, but I can, so hats off to the guy for making the plays that he's been making.
Speaker 12: Can you talk about winnifast is intercepted? I mean from the outside of body's like, it looks like every man for himself, but there is protocol. What happens when the ball is picked off and you're out there on the field on defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely. The first thing you want to do is block the intendant receiver. Then you want to get up the near sideline, you know, get up the near sideline, and once you do that, you can create a chance for yourself. So that's basically like just interception.
Speaker 3: Turn over one on one.
Speaker 18: In my opinion, we play some tough guys already, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: All they the toughest that we'll face. We'll see on Sunday.
Speaker 18: You know, I don't want to do too much prayers before we play him already, but but you know, we respect those guys.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it should be a good game though with Saint Brown.
Speaker 12: What's kinds of the challenges in depending m.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's uh, I don't know year this is. I think this year three for him.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 18: So he's an experienced guy, you know, he's he's you know, they're go to guys. So you know, we gotta be ready to come, uh, you know, play him.
Speaker 12: How did you get up for a game like that?
Speaker 1: You're one of the best defenses in the league, one of the versus one of the best offenses in the leagues?
Speaker 10: Off our?
Speaker 1: You know what does that do for kind of the anticipation emotions going into the Nags?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Uh, you know, like I said, we know this is a big game for for both of us. You know, we we know we're gonna get every team's best when they come to you know, uh, into our you know, our stadium. Yeah, we just gotta play our game. You know, we don't, we don't, we don't need to change anything of what we're doing. We don't make it. We don't need to make it, you know, bigger than what it is at the end of the day. We just need to you know, be wanting to know at the end.
Speaker 14: Of this week, brand, how do you think your experiences year in twenty twenties fondas you to the guys that draft, as so many of them are now having break break great seasons.
Speaker 10: Yeah, said up one more on, how do you.
Speaker 14: Think your experiences in COVID here twenty twenty kind of coming into the league? Dad, you guys like the league t G How do you think that kind of monet you guys, that's.
Speaker 10: A great Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean we've been together since, you know, since I came into the league, so we we you know, we're familiar. You know, we have a couple of new guys you know on this defense, but for the most point, we've all been together for you know, a couple of years now.
Speaker 10: So you know, I mentioned the granted I missed like the persont question as to.
Speaker 14: Repeating, can you put any stock into the send of the maturance shake the tight game to find out how good you are in defensive league?
Speaker 10: Now, I wouldn't say this is a measuring stick.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 18: We just gotta go prove it. We've been proved, been proven all year, you know what I mean. We just got to go out there and play, execute our game, fly around, make big plays, and you know, help to see a win.
Speaker 1: That's it for Wednesday's media availability as the Ravens get ready to take on the Detroit Lions Sunday at M and T. Banks Stadium. Thank you for listening. Make sure you're subscribed, leave a rating and review, and check out the Lounge pot cast where we have none other than Terrell Suggs from Ball So Hard University coming on the Lounge to talk about being inducted into the Ravens Ring of Honor this Sunday. Thanks for listening and we'll be back with you tomorrow