Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Then welcome back to Coast to Coast, George Nori with you. Lisa Campion back with us, author of the number one best selling books The Art of Psychic Reiki and the award winning Energy Healing for Mpaths, as well as upcoming books Awakening Your Psychic Ability and Psychic Awakening Journal. She is a psychic counselor Reiki Master teacher with more than thirty years of experience specializing and training emerging psychics, empaths, and healers to fully step into their gifts. And here she is back on Coast to Coast.
Speaker 3: Lisa, have you ben, I've been really good, George, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this lots to talk with you about about psychic abilities and psychic vampires. We're going to have some fascinating nights of discussion. Awakening your Psychic Ability. Tell me about that.
Speaker 3: So I wrote this beautiful book that really is going to encourage everyone to think that they have psychic ability, and that it's really more like a skill like athletic ability or musical ability that anyone can learn. I think people have this idea that you're either born psychic, it's something you have or you don't have, and that's not a way to work on it. But I really think there is a way to develop it, and anyone can do that.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Tell us about your.
Speaker 3: Ability, you know, I was one of those people that was kind of, you know, born with those pretty strong gifts. I just had the ability to see things, to see colors around people, to see spirits, to see ghosts, see angels. And because I was born in the sixties and grew up in the seventies and eighties, back then that was a pretty strange thing. I learned how to not talk about it, how to just tend to be normal in public, and it was really difficult. I think I suffered and struggled a lot with it, and I really feel strongly about helping people that are undergoing a psychic awakening to have an easier time of it than I did.
Speaker 2: Well, So, what is a psychic vampire to you?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like there's definitely some people out there that learn how to steal energy from other people, energy vampires and psychic vampires. Psychic vampires kind of connect to us using their strong psychic ability, and then they cut feed on us and energy vampires do the same thing, and they cook into our emotions and into our energy because they don't know how to get energy on their own.
Speaker 2: Since you've been doing this, have you come across any psychic vampires?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have quite a few, And you know you've had one if you start dreaming about them or you start thinking about them a lot. They just they're very psychic, and they connect into us in a psychic way and use their psychic ability to try and manipulate us. Sometimes they do it on purpose. Sometimes they don't know they're doing it, but that might happen if you, you know, happen sometimes in romantic relationships, and if you start thinking about that person or sort of obsessing about that person and they start so going up in there in your dream, that's something that you need to deal with.
Speaker 2: Not all psychic vampires know that they are, do they No.
Speaker 3: No, they really don't always know that they are. Sometimes they're just they're just trying to hustle and get through the day like the rest of us are, and that's how they feed themselves, how they get energy, and they don't know they're doing it. But some really do, and that's concerning to me, that's problematic.
Speaker 2: Years ago, I knew a guy named Andy. He would hang out at the Rich Carlton in Saint Louis and he'd sit in the lobby bar, always by himself. And I was there with a group of boddies and you'd see him every week by himself. And finally I went up and introduced myself to him. I kind of felt sorry for the guy, and I said, I see you here every weekend. You're always alone, are you okay? And he said, no, I'm not okay, he said for some reason. And it was a nice guy. I mean, he didn't have any evil about him, but you could feel these weird vibes from this person. I mean the more you were standing by him, the weaker you felt. And I said, well, what's wrong? He says, I don't have any friends. And so we collectively got together, me and a couple other buddies and tried to talk to him about what psychic vampires were and to tell him to work on it. And in two weeks when we came by there again, he had about fifteen people around him. He was laughing and gave me a thumbs up. So he did something to fix himself. He must have taken our advice.
Speaker 3: That's such a beautiful story, George. Thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 2: Story, and I think it's changed as life. Lisa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds like it really did, you know. I feel like Psyche's vampires. There's a couple of different kinds. There's some kinds that are just needy, like they have, you know, deep emotional needs and they don't know how to get those needs met. And I'm sure we've all been around children that, you know, that are in that sort of phase where they feel like they're just really calling on our energy and dragging on us. And then when we do, you know, people like that can learn how to kind of fill themselves from the inside and then relate to people in a different way. There is a type of energy vampire psychic power called the predatory vampire, and they're really kind of more like psychopathic in nature, and they don't have a lot of investment in using and those ones are will kind of like use you, chew you up and spit you out and move on to somebody else. But fortunately that's pretty rare.
Speaker 2: How do you know you're under shriking attack.
Speaker 3: You're gonna feel just like you did in that story, George, really exhausted when you're around somebody, Yeah, you might feel it sort of like a tugging or pulling in your soul or plexus, or get a headache in the back of your head, like a like a throbbing occiput kind of headache. Those are really common ways to tell.
Speaker 2: Can it hurt you? You know?
Speaker 3: Can I saw this for a long time when I was you know, I had my energy healing practice. I work with this woman who was really sick. She had all kinds of problems. She had, you know, immune system issues, she had somet of these mysterious illnesses if the doctors couldn't find and I would do raiking on her and you know, work with her and just energy healing, and she would look great. She would leave the session and she would look created, and then she'd come back the next week it looked like kind of like a deflated balloon. And I could never figure out why. I'm actually really afraid she was gonna die, George, Like I didn't. I wasn't sure she was gonna make it. And then one day her husband came to pick her up and he was like in this like blooming house like rosy cheeks and strong, and I could literally see the energy that's pulling out of her and going into him, and I was like, oh my gosh, you know that's not good. It Eventually it broke up and then she went back into being healthy when she wasn't like literally taking her life wise energy anymore.
Speaker 2: You talk about four kinds of energy vampires. What are they?
Speaker 3: Well, there's the predatory vampire, which we were just talking about right. There's there's a sort of a victim vampire, which made like the kind that you were talking about, like they don't really know, they just feel really like disempowered in life. Then there's the situational energy vampire, which can really happen to any of us if we fall on hard times. You know, you lose your job or a hurricane takes your house.
Speaker 1: You know, you just you.
Speaker 2: Become a temporary psychic vampire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not your fault, it's just due to the situation that you're in, you know. And then sometimes really sensitive people empacts can all become energy vampires if they're not careful. If they if you let yourself get so too drained by an energy vampire, you could actually become one yourself.
Speaker 2: Do you know it?
Speaker 3: You know, some people do and some people don't. I was so surprised when I wrote my book Energy Healing for Empaths that how many people I had contact me and tell me, I think I have an energy vampire and I don't want to be. Can you help me figure out how kind of like your friends that you were talking about, can you help me figure out what to do about it? And so some people really know and other people have no idea. They just they just can't figure it. They have it's not on their minds. They're not trying to do it, and they have no idea what they're doing it.
Speaker 2: Are some people born psychic vampires or do they develop into one?
Speaker 3: I think some people are born that way. That would be more like a psychopathic kind. And there's been a lot of research and you know, psychologists have done lately on how people become psychopaths, why they are that way, and there's you know, I guess their brains are sort of different, their neurological systems are different than the rest of us. So I think it's kind of coded in that way, and some of it happened we learn that way it's it's something that we, especially the victim vampires, learn how to get energy and attention from other people by not being able to support themselves. And I feel like the victim vampires can recover and find new ways.
Speaker 2: To be well with Lisa Champion. Her website is linked up at coast tocoastam dot com. Her latest book is called Awakening Your Psychic Ability. We'll talk about that tonight as well and take your calls later on tonight. These psychic vampires, are they manipulative people? Are they good at what they do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The predatory kind? Absolutely? Are they one hundred percent? No, they're doing it. They're like they're kind like con artists. They're shape shifters, and a lot of times you've heard a lot about narci cysts and narcissistic abuse patterns. They're really like that. And they they will choose somebody they're quite psychic themselves, honestly charged, and they use their psychic ability to target somebody that looks like a good you know, mark, a good kind of prey, and then they shape shift into being what you want, saying the right thing. And it's you know, narcissists called you know, it's a stage called love bombing, and they kind of use that to sort of set the hook into you, and then they start draining you once they've got you hooked, and it can be your time, your attention, your money, the food in your fridge, the gas in your car, all of your resources become their resources, and you're like a human battery. You're like this power source for them. They'll drain and they'll stick with that until you're out, until you're empty, or until you wise up and stop giving to them, and then they kind of callously move on. They'll just drop you and find somebody else.
Speaker 2: Who is more apt to be a psychic vampire, a man or a woman.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty I don't think it matters. I've seen it real evenly distributed.
Speaker 2: Interesting take on all of that, And is this widespread, this situation it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think it's a certain percentage, a small percentage. I think they say psychopaths are like one to two percent of the population. But I'm gonna see chances are good you've met one, you know what I mean, that you've met a predatory one. Maybe it's your boss at work, or you know somebody you're related to. It's not always a romantic partner. And I think the victim vampires are a little bit more common, and it's just that person, you know, the victim vampire. They call you up and they want to talk on the phone for an hour, and they only ever talk about themselves. They don't have a minute to spare about, Oh how are you, And they like to complain. They they're usually kind of addicted to trauma drama, so they'll complain about the same thing over and over again. But they don't really want to fix their problem because they're kind of getting energy out of the dramas and traumas that they have in their life, and they often create more traumas and traumas because they kind of feed on that. Actually a little bit. I think that we all know people like that too.
Speaker 2: Those that know they're psychic vampires, Lisa, those that know they're psychic vampires. What's the best way to protect yourself against them?
Speaker 3: If it's a victim type vampire, then you really really need strong boundaries. So you need to learn how to say no. You need to decide how much time you want to give into those relationships. Sometimes if it's your boss or a relative, they can't always just cut and run, and so I'm like, oh, okay, that person's calling me on the phone. Instead of an hour, I've got ten minutes for them. And instead of seeing them every week, I'm going to see them a couple of times a year. So we need to set strong boundaries and they will find other people to fill to get filled FUM, so we don't need to worry about that. They're very repourceful that way. And if you have, if you know, you're sort of in the clutches of a predatory vampire, that's the time where we really you might really need to cut ties with them as it's possible to do solf.
Speaker 2: Does prayer help or anything like that?
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes prayer can help, especially if there's those spiritual attachments, you know, like if they're putting energy corns in you, prayer can help. I would say prayer, yes, but definitely good boundaries maybe even more important.
Speaker 2: Interesting take. Have you come across many psychic vampires yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have, you know, And it's so interesting to me because you think i'd know better because I'm a psychic and I, you know, read people for a living.
Speaker 2: And maybe you're a magnet.
Speaker 3: Maybe you know people who are really sensitive and a pathic off and are so the set like as an EmPATH, you know, people have like sort of not they see the best in everybody. We were like, oh, I can help that person. We have big passionate hearts, and it's hard for us to see the baden people. We just dissume it, like I think, what's nice, right, you know, And that's easy to let the vampires light in there, and they will use that.
Speaker 2: Of these of these four types of psychic vampires, the predatory ones good or bad people.
Speaker 3: Generally, they're they're psychopaths, so pretty bad about the victim. They're usually really good people. They're just under hard times. Often really bad things have actually happened to them, and they just kind of learn how to cash in on on what's going on in their life as a way to get sympathy and attention. So they're often good people, and they often don't know that they're being a vampire.
Speaker 2: How about the situational person, you know, I just.
Speaker 3: Think that they often don't know either. And then because it's temporary, like we all fall on hard times, you know, George, Right, So I feel like in some ways we need to give these cupies some flack and hope that as clients get better for them, they stop doing that and they go back to not being a vampire.
Speaker 2: How about the path.
Speaker 3: Empops can be some of the worst energy vampires out there and often don't know they're doing it. So if you are an EmPATH and you're a sensitive, it's very very important to learn how to take care of yourself, how to sew up your own energy tanks, how to you know, put yourself on your own lists so that you're giving from a full tank. And if you're doing that, you're not gonna you know, that's not gonna happen to.
Speaker 2: You get a psychic vampire who knows they're one, fix themselves to no longer be one.
Speaker 3: I think it takes some work, but yes, for sure, you know, it just takes like some work to learn some empathy, to learn how to think about how other people feel, to learn how to create energy sources for yourself. Maybe this is a time when you want to learn how to meditate, or you learn take up a yoga practice, or you you find something in your life that's going to give you the energy that you're looking for from other people, you know. But I think that it can be done, and it's more certainly more common than I thought it would be that people want to recover from being an energy vampire.
Speaker 2: Have you ever met anybody who was affected by a psychic vampire who got very, very sick and ill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's really common, especially if you're married to one, or you live with one, you're working with one all the time. The longer you're in a relationship, the more likely it is to impact your health.
Speaker 2: Totally toxic, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, can be really toxic, especially those predatory types. You're not going to come out okay from that relationship. You know it's going to do damage to you.
Speaker 2: Pressure and if you go into court and say my husband or my wife is a psychic vampire, I think the judge is going to throw you out.
Speaker 3: That's that's right. They're not going to listen to that. But a lot of times those are abuse of relationships. And you know, if you look up you know narcissistic abuse, you're going to find a lot of help. There's a whole narcissistic abuse recovery movement. There's a lot of good YouTube videos and books written about it. And if you went into a court and said, my spouse is a narcissist and I've been suffering from narcissistic abuse. They're going to understand that.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, It truly is. But you think people can fight this situation, I.
Speaker 3: Think certainly you can. So you can be empowered, you can learn how to say no because at boundaries you can get energy boundaries, and you know, if you need to get up and leave that relationship, then that's something that's important to do.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more