Speaker 1: I leave in I you want you way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay. We want to send you off InStyle. You wanna welcome.
Speaker 1: You back home?
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it?
Speaker 1: We scared? Or was it fine? Malborn?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need.
Speaker 1: With Karen and Chris.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 4: This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen Colgariff. Hello, Karen? How are you my friend? Chris Hire? Are you There's no need to yell. I can hear you over the I have.
Speaker 1: Are you sure I'm in the valley?
Speaker 5: I know I'm in a Cole park still, but I have hadphones? Oh good, okay, yeah, I have a microphone.
Speaker 3: We have had phones in Faco Park.
Speaker 6: Now it's great, you know I watch Yeah, I want to say Judgment Night, but it was called training day.
Speaker 3: And it's my neighborhood.
Speaker 6: And apparently this used to be a much worse neighborhood than it is now.
Speaker 1: Pretty intense over there before the gentrification.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm in now it's tonight. I like where it's at. I think most people are happy with it. But yeah, we just got microphone and headphones over here so I can hear you, is my point.
Speaker 5: So glad that they've finally evolved to the audio, to the audio level.
Speaker 1: We are used to over a lot of San Fernando, Yeah, a.
Speaker 6: Lot of early Angelina Heights podcasts where the old cup and yarn. We have a guest today, and I think you always do a better, more professional job of introducing our guests. But then all say that nice You're afraid.
Speaker 1: You're afraid you're going to pronounce her name wrong. I know that old trick.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen today, you know her from the Jackie and Laurie Show. You know her from clubs and colleges all over there. You know her as a repeat guest on Do You Need a Ride? She was a stalwart. We would go to her in our times of need. We would go to her when we had nothing else to talk about. We would go to her when we knew we needed podcasts delivery.
Speaker 1: She is the one that's right. It's Jackiecation content provider Jackie caation, that's what I like to be introduced to since O seven, two thousand and six, the Dork Forest. Here's the thing about Van Eys is we're living Bridgerton. You guys are living training day. Yeah, we're living Bridgerton. Over here. People are having sex against trees.
Speaker 6: I don't remember the last time we dropped you off. There being a lot of powdered wigs and things like that.
Speaker 1: There's powdered wigs, and there's women who don't know how it works, the ejaculations. They don't know why it works or what's happening.
Speaker 5: We may we just do a Brinerton quick dip because I feel like the prudiest and spoiler entire spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: I think we've already done it. We're going to do it more, of course.
Speaker 5: But when it came to the part where that I kept going, this can't be the plot line that be this can't be a plot line, And what Jackie just said is essentially, uh, that was the plot line. And I literally googled it because I was like, it's got to be me. I'm being weird and perverted right now. And then it was like no, no, no, this is from the book. This is how it is.
Speaker 1: This is where I lose all respect for the do You Need to Ride? Friends and Family, which is I read the books before it came out. Of course, I wish this.
Speaker 5: Was a blog so that you could see Jackie's smug lean back.
Speaker 1: Allow me to tell you about season two. You guys, Anthony's allergic to bees. I gotta go, I gotta go, don't you dann drop that? Git and Lee Ucky. I'm storming out now.
Speaker 3: Out of respect for the books.
Speaker 6: I haven't started watching it because I know I got to read those books first. That's not true. I didn't like the promo putage at all.
Speaker 1: It's just not an ejaculation based plot. Ejaculation based plot. My fit one of the one of the best things because Sean de Rives. She really stuck the landing on this thing. She nailed it, and I have to say that my favorite was the fact that they took modern songs and put them to string quartets, du orchestral, arian grande whatever I mean, like like dance dudes, and then all of a sudden it's a waltz. So good for her, good for them? Oh wow, they did. They really did nail it. But it's true that it's done.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was the A plot or the B plot or the J plot, but it really was a major part of the storyline. And I just was kind of like, I get that, it's this is you know, sexy and Randy and they're you know, that guy was among the hottest people I've ever seen the main.
Speaker 1: Just walking around lay smokes that actor. He's quite something.
Speaker 5: But then that part where I was like, this is it's borderline like medical school, where I was just like, I don't think this is sexy. Is it made people like stuff like this? It's very unseat.
Speaker 1: It's literally the plot of a lot of romance novels, and that's all Bridgerton is. It is true. Yeah, it is, especially historical romance novels because they're written Remember that romance novels traditionally are written for women by women about women, and what they're what they'd like to point out is truly how shitty it used to be and how much better it sort of is now. And one of the things was women were not told the plumbing situation about the actual mechanics of the doing it.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's why it gets clinical totally why it gets clinical.
Speaker 3: Wow, I guess I gotta start. I gotta start.
Speaker 1: The real, the real the fun plot of that is the whistledown thing and the other characters. So the the other character, the woman who wrote it, Julia Quinn, actually is almost funny. She's genuinely funny. In the world of romance novels. She's almost funny. If you happen to hang out with hilarious people all the time.
Speaker 6: That's a problem with me all the time that these almost people don't cut it.
Speaker 3: It's almost funny. People don't cut it anymore.
Speaker 1: There's trouble.
Speaker 5: The question I have is I didn't realize I thought Bridgerton. I didn't realize it was. So it's essentially kind of like Jane Austen romance novel like okay, reapproaching.
Speaker 1: Let's unpack that statement, which is Jane Austen didn't write historical romance novels. She wrote contemporary novels in eighteen fifteen ish, right, So in nineteen twenty a woman named George at Hier decided to write a Jane Austen like novel and created and this is this could all be corrected by someone with an English degree. But George at Hier wrote historical romance novels set in the time of Jane austen Thus and then people who with more or less interest in research and more or less interest in doing it and depicting it and it being sex. I have thus written since then, and in the nineteen fifties and sixties, when the romance novel became very, very popular, they sold them in grocery stores because women didn't have enough money because of bad things, and so women could hide romance novels in their grocery budget. Yeah. Oh, this has been a fun fact. That's why I would love to know who thought that up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it explains why they're right next to the gum. It's an impulse buy that your hue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, epic and a mad Men level of advertising going on there. Yeah, outstanding.
Speaker 5: It's like there was a book editor woman and a grocery store manager man that were husband and wife, and she was just like, honey, I got it here, here we go something like that is how I like to pick and to the bank, to the bank with you your money, we go. That was Jerry and Diane Kroger. You know them, you love them?
Speaker 1: Okay, now I will digress again and weed off. Have you seen Danielle Perez's The Real Housewives of Zoom? No, it is outstanding. It is hilarious. And one of the characters is Missus Zoom and her husband did and she talks about him all the time and people are like, why are you talking about him? And he's like, because this wouldn't even be happening without Edgar or whatever the hell his name is, Oh my god, too funny. It truly, truly is.
Speaker 3: Was Zoom around for a while before this whole quarantine situation or who knows? Who knows? I feel like it just came out the day of.
Speaker 1: I know it was thirteenth.
Speaker 5: It was one of those kind of things, is that the like the visionary in the office is always trying to get people that jump onto it.
Speaker 1: And they were just like, yeah, no, that's weird.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's uncomfortable, it's very awkward. Nobody wants to do it. We don't care.
Speaker 5: We'll just email the people in Tampa. We don't have to zoom with them. It's it's all the same. And then the second quarantine hit, they were like, told you.
Speaker 1: I told you so lucky, just your face, in your face. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I found out today that I had blocked the Potus Twitter account, which is funny, like that was going to hurt Trump's feelings.
Speaker 3: But I unblocked and we did Today there's news that we all will be eligible for a vaccine by May first. So that's good, right, that's good news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is good. It turns out all we needed was a government that was willing to be a government. Yeah, and just for a couple of months in the good ways and the bad ways, but that's uh, you know, I'm more interested right now in the good ways, which is organizing the postal service and vaccines. Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, it just feels like there's some There are many people in this administration that know how to open and use an Excel spreadsheet, and that makes me feel great.
Speaker 1: It gives me a sense of peace and serenity. Yeah. Everything.
Speaker 5: No one's trying to shut off the mail permanently, No one's trying to know.
Speaker 1: One's trying to make money off of ventilators.
Speaker 5: I feel like the making money off of ventilators and they just set it right on TV. Was this low point, like morally, spiritually, everything where I was just kind of like I don't know if we're coming back from this where they're just basically like you, We're not just going to give them out.
Speaker 1: We got to make some money. Well, like Jared Kushner said it on TV.
Speaker 5: God, yeah, guys, guys, let's collect our podcast performance abilities back together, yes, and really talk about.
Speaker 3: And more fun. Now, Jackie, I feel like I haven't seen you. Has it been one year or two years since we did our our Caitlin Gill? Yeah, that tour through that feels at.
Speaker 1: Least a year and at least an hour and a half ago when we were there was a redwood I thought of Kilgarriff.
Speaker 3: Yes, sent photos of it not long ago, so it had to be just a year ago.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a sign. I just got a text from I Actually I've gotten the first shot. Yeah, that's great. I stood in line, shouldn't line. My mother in law got it and were her primary caregivers she said her mid seventies whatever, and then my husband was eligible, so he's getting his tomorrow. And I was like, well then I'm just going to go stand over by Bilbo Park and see if they have any extras. And I'm luckily I'm old enough that they look at me and heavy enough that they're just like, oh, she's probably at risk.
Speaker 6: Everyone I know that's gotten it. There wasn't much of a vetting. They didn't ask a lot of questions. You just show up.
Speaker 1: They did vet the line, sure, they did pick other people before me.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: And then and it was at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, And so it took a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: And then that's good. That's time. That's time well spent. It's time well spent. And what it has done is created new anxiety. It turns out I hate change, whether it's positive or not. All year I've been like that. Why I got to get out of here. I've been I've been LARPing out some lax time here here in the garage, pretending I'm at lax.
Speaker 3: Uh, so thank you for.
Speaker 1: And then uh and now that I'm going to travel. I assume after I get the second shot and two weeks after, because that's what it is. Two weeks after you get the second shot, you it's all coursing through your body and you're as safe as you can be with a mask. And then also continue to wash your hands and you sanitize her, and yet don't be a.
Speaker 6: Moron, and then you'll feel good. You'll feel safe to go do stand up places. Then I'll feel then I'll feel safe to go do stand up places. Yeah, and I guess still not sell any merch, you guys.
Speaker 1: I bought five thousand dollars worth of merch before we went into lockdown last year. You got to sell that merch, Jackie.
Speaker 5: Look, we will remember too if you have any dates that you know for sure right now, or you want to plug him at the end. But our listeners are big comedy fans and supporters where you go, if we have them in that area, they will come and see you.
Speaker 1: I mean April twenty third, I'm supposed to April. It's either twenty third or twenty fourth. It's the weekend. That weekend of April, I'm going to be in Milwaukee in a very large theater, socially distant nice and it's going to be it's going to be, you know, not full by any means, but it's going to be relatively expensive because it's sort of a benefit for this theater and for so much reason. I can't remember, But whatever it is, I know the weekend, so I don't know the night. I know the city, I don't know the venue.
Speaker 4: And that's it.
Speaker 3: Through the Laughing Tap people.
Speaker 6: It's through the Laughing Tap people. And we're supposed to do that at the end of this month. And I said, I'm scared, I can't.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's what I I've I have had so many things scheduled that I've had to say I'm scared, I can't. Yeah. That about two and a half months ago, I said, I am not booking anything until I get the first shirt. Yeah, and then but then here's the here's the annoying thing. Start saving up fans of do you need a ride? Because Ticketmaster is giving no one a deal to see this show? So how much is it?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I think it's like fifty or sixty bucks? Yeah, wow, So it's it's a drag. So if you have work and you have money, it will help the theater in addition to myself.
Speaker 5: But know that it's which is good because the you know, live venues really need your support. So they're are we're only talking to our richer listeners. Yes, yes, people struggling take a breather, h don't you listeners?
Speaker 1: When that's it? That's it? Yeah, and get in there because we all want to help the theater. We all want to make sure the theater remains open, but we also wish the ticketmaster wasn't a pile of do.
Speaker 6: Do Yeah, just like Pearl Jam said a long time ago.
Speaker 1: They did, did they?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They were very upset with Ticketmaster.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know anything about it, of course, because I wasn't selling tickets to anything, drinking forties and skateboarding. But I remember them being very outspoken about.
Speaker 5: Ticket back because all the fees and all the service charges and all the things that know, the artists can't control, and then the they are and then the fans blame the artist and they're are matt at yep, right venue.
Speaker 1: I guess the venue can't even control it at this point because it's a union venue in the Union made a deal with Ticketmaster. Yeah, and go union anyway, Still go Union. Still need unions.
Speaker 3: Now more than ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought, if it's the theater the last time we were in Milwauke and we were on tour, we did, and I want to call it either the river Front, Nope, the Palace, the Fox something like that.
Speaker 1: The river View, I think is the one. It was probably right there on Wisconsin Avenue. I think I saw the Marquee. That is a beautiful old theater. It might be the Majestic or something. All I know is that it seats four thousand people and they're not going to put for and you'll be happy. Don't know, they're not going to put four thousand people there at the end of April.
Speaker 5: Hey, if you're rich and you don't love germs or other people, this sounds like the show for you.
Speaker 1: And if you're vaccinated, which would be less. Oh, yes, you know when I was going to go on the road and you're worry free. Yeah, I was going to go on the road. I literally ordered I literally ordered eight hundred masks to give away because I didn't want people to not wear them.
Speaker 6: That's great, nice and now perfectly so we're all vaccinated.
Speaker 3: We don't need your mask.
Speaker 1: We're off a paper. People are going to keep wearing masks.
Speaker 5: I think people will keep wearing masks. I think that's for the air and end for the airports for sure.
Speaker 1: And just and here's here's a fun fact is that the flu, the actual flu, was down so much this year because of masks and social distancing. So a lot of people didn't die because of the flu. People busy dying because of COVID very said, but the flu, nobody died because of it. And I'm going to wear a mask. I know that through at least June, and I'll probably always wear a mask in It feels like I've been tricked into it by it, but that's me investing in Reynolds Rep. So I do have a tinfoil hat theory that they want us all to stay home. Yeah, I want to say I.
Speaker 6: Have not had any kind of a bug, like you just don't get sick in general. I'm going to wear masks, yes, I prompt mark my words.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like.
Speaker 5: The combination of hand washing, which is the kind of thing Sadly, I really didn't think that much about. True, I would of course do it when abnormal, yeah, after going to the bathroom or hand or yeah, getting something weird on your hands, But other than that, it was like then it became that thing where we all turned in lightly OCD with very good reason.
Speaker 1: And I don't think.
Speaker 5: That goes away after when you are made to be conscious, Like I keep thinking about that those first couple of months.
Speaker 1: Where we were wiping down our groceries.
Speaker 5: Like we're standing in the kitchen with the chlorox wipes with a cereal box like crazy not you know, not evenually proven to be needed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but still and I know prior to that, I always have my fingers in my damn face.
Speaker 3: I had my mouth, eyes, rubbing my eyes.
Speaker 6: Pardon me, while I touched my face. I mean, it was so fun to watch them. It's like being at a party. I haven't seen that for years. I touched your face. That was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh so glat you know what. And I'm sober so I could do this. I could touch my nose without even looking at that, and I'm looking at I just love that. This really it is the beginning of the end though. I think that's really nice. It's great to hear you have your first shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Anytime someone says that, I'm elated. Yeah yeah, it's when I uh, the like my I have a friend of mine who's actually been working on the cure for eights for the last thirty five years and making some some no cure but but you know, making some dent And I talked to her and they pulled her off of it last you know, a year ago December to work on January. I think, to work on COVID. And she got the Pfizer one back in end of August early September as a test, as a test, and then she would take her own blood and look at the antibodies.
Speaker 6: And I bet so smart. She sounds like she's maybe smarter than me. Yeah, I think she's.
Speaker 1: Got some chops. She's got some science chops.
Speaker 3: Y uh yeah. But you know me and I know the streets, my ears to the curb.
Speaker 1: That's what I've always heard about you. Christopher ya Banks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have oh like you.
Speaker 5: You're a street I know the streets of my town.
Speaker 1: Your sunset and off of sunset is Alvarado. What about the back of your hand? Have you guys looked at that recently? Holy smokes? Do I know it? I know it?
Speaker 5: Mine wrinkly an old lady ish, It's I am on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of old ladyness.
Speaker 3: What happened dancing flipsick?
Speaker 1: What do you do? You're doing the dance as my niece does, No though I do. I've decided that I h I got for crystals, I got animal crossing, and I have a lot of different reactions, and uh so I've decided that I'm that that's what's going to be my personality on stage now? Is me just doing animal crossing reactions? Vita Anyway flourish.
Speaker 6: And I only know about it because there's a comedy show that it's set inside the world of animal crossing. So I've seen the version of me doing Standout and Little, but I still don't know about the game.
Speaker 1: Is it like SIMS? It is like SIMS, except for it's better looking, and it is it is so so epically. It's Nintendo, so it's it's just a it's essentially a dollhos you have. You have an island, you get to decorate it in terror form it, and you have neighbors and you get to meet them, and it is incredibly soothing and the graphics are so gorgeous that I literally turned to Andy and I said, look at the sunset. We have, we have windows, we went outdoors that we could.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have other like things like can you get audited and divorced and everything in it too.
Speaker 1: No, you're not the hard Time. Yeah, this game you're talking about Starview Valley, which is another game that is exactly like animals but has more drama. And yeah, I just did a dork forest about star I think it's called Starview Valley and it was hilarious. It turns out the mayor is sleeping with the carpenter lady and neither one of them are married, but for some reason they're secrecy.
Speaker 5: And because that's the essence of romance.
Speaker 1: Finally finally figured it out, the essence of romance that I've realized with because I've you know, here's the thing about quarantine is that I have never spent this munchtime home in thirty five years. I have been married for now fourteen fifteen years. Amazing, and have I speculation, thank you? Have I spent this much time with another person like this the whole time? No? And so but it's been exciting. And I've realized is that because he's better at, oh, almost everything I would say, and uh, but one of the things he's I've I've taken up something that I've decided to call affection plagiarism, where he'll do something nice for me and then later I'll remember it and think, I bet you he would like it if I did that for him. And it turns out that might be what a successful relationship might be.
Speaker 5: Wait, is that the secrets are really might be copy copying, completely cribbing off of.
Speaker 3: His catching you because he'd be like, well, I just did this for you yesterdayaling my exactly.
Speaker 1: It turns out he doesn't mind it. He doesn't mind also being hugged, or when I go into the kitchen, I say, would you like something to drink?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess when you do nice things for people, they rarely are asking what it's the motivation?
Speaker 1: No, No, he actually is such a good guy that he has I don't think he I assume he doesn't have any motivation besides that he likes me, And my motivation is a little more complicated than that, because I genuinely like him and love him, of course, but it's also what am I supposed to be doing? So uh yeah, yeah, I may not be my line right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I know you are always comfortable with him, because, as I recall being in your place, you had two computers facing each other, or the computers were back to back, so you were set up facing each other in an office like a tube situation.
Speaker 1: It's still like that you're playing playing office. Uh huh, Yeah, we like to gossip over by the water heater.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's a sign that things have always been fine.
Speaker 4: Here's here's what we tell you microwave fish who wait my yo play?
Speaker 1: So uh the uh this garage room that I've in, we had this added onto the garage like last They finished it last April, and so it's we're very lucky. There are three different rooms to hide from each other and have zoom events. Because he teaches, he designs video games for a living, and then he also has another part type job where he teaches at a tech school at the New York Film Academy. He teaches game design and super fun and made him eligible for the vaccine. So because well, you could just volunteer. Someone asked me if I wanted to volunteer to deliver things to the homeless, and I was like, I've been available to do that anytime the last time I've been Ye, you can send me on errands. I'm the youngest of six. I was born to run errands for people. Hey go downstairs and get that thing. Okay, yeah, that's the youngest job. Always it's like, is there anything get it for me? Eventually, when I was about thirteen, my brother would send me like a three quarter of a mile to get him a soda because we didn't have any soda in the house. He's like, if you go down to the gas station and get me a soda, I'll buy you one. And so when I was like eleven or twelve, I would do it for my soda, and then I would desperately try not to drink my soda by the time I was home, and then I handed him his soda, and uh, and that's the end of that story.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just glad to hear you delivered that soda, because that's what you know.
Speaker 1: That was the agreement. That was the social agreement. He had given me a dollar, so I better not just be pocketing. I could have just pocketed the extra fifty anyway, good jackie.
Speaker 6: Behind you, is that a vision board? And if so, may we see it please? Or you don't have to share it?
Speaker 1: Or is this your pilots grit?
Speaker 6: It might be sultry photos of Oh here's what's happening to you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys are going to see the vision board. Yes, there is it is. There is a vision board, and like this is this is the career quarter you guys. Oh you want to pr look at all those stations. You can do that, because what do you want the BBC?
Speaker 3: I see that logo.
Speaker 1: I would like a special I would like to write things. I would like to be a cartoon voice for some of these programs. Oh that's the Stephen Universe.
Speaker 3: I would love to do that as well, cartoon voices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's very cool.
Speaker 3: It is so fun.
Speaker 1: And then over here is my family. I would love to see them again. You got yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How much.
Speaker 3: Photosing to dream?
Speaker 1: Jackie? I'm daring to dream. I would also like to sit in first class up here?
Speaker 3: Did you see this all?
Speaker 1: But delta verst?
Speaker 3: I like how you're very for it.
Speaker 6: It's a very attainable things because people tend to get a little lofty.
Speaker 3: But just she's a realist. Yeah, I'd like to see my family horse.
Speaker 5: There's a horse on that vision board. I like seeing it there. I drew that horse because I couldn't find a picture of a horse. And then a picture of a dog.
Speaker 1: Get this. We got a dog down coming to fruition. I should get it off the foot. I'm getting.
Speaker 7: Put something on a blue whale, Jackie. Don't wish for a whale. For Christ's sake, it's a sailboat. Oh okay, what do you the guy from uh jewel Jewel of the Nile.
Speaker 3: I couldn't remember Romancing the Stone, so I mentioned the less popular sequel.
Speaker 1: I would like to be more bendy. Do you guys see that? Do you guys see what I would like to be? World to give a wind up window? You made me want to start scratching. Give a window. Also working on my footwork because I'm now an old timey boxer. Okay, well, yeah.
Speaker 3: You've got to work on that footwork if you're going to be on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Kids want to see just stand up I cut. I've cut old stand up clips and done one minute stand up clips and it turns out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you posted so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so much work that when anyone doesn't like it, I literally followed them back to there and block them. I spent an hour on that clip. You can fuck right off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, I should do what you're doing. Can I borrow your vision board? You can take off your family from it? Weird avice.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I want to say, though, thank you for sharing your vision board, because if you somehow spotted Chris my vision board behind me. I would be like, get away because I have I had things on there where I was like a cherry tree. I was very vague. I kind of didn't know what I was doing. And then I picture of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I saw it recently when I moved, and I was like, I think I need to get rid of this thing. But it was too It was a little too I almost think I was doing more of a design page for like for a room I wanted to move into, as opposed to actually goals for myself.
Speaker 1: But that's very private.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went I went out on a limb and I'm like, I should not have brought up the vision board.
Speaker 1: I will say this is that when I because Bamford has been trying to get me to do a vision board for twenty one years. Ron Funches, I went on his getting better and he was like, just do it, and so and then and I and I did it. And it was actually a super emotional experience because I decided not to lie and I was like, why would I lie on my own fucking piece of tag board. You're here, I like this stuff here, nobody's looking at it, though. I will say that Andy saw it so much that he finally said, do you want a dog? All that, I said, I do want a dog, but he's we've never gotten a dog because we've always had this iguana. And the iguana passed away like two years ago, twenty three years old. Yes, I'm sorry, Well that's fine. Andy was holding his hand when he died. It's called a hand, it was. It looked like a fucking hand to me. It was he looked like a little man. Yeah, a little man.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, it was a little insurance salesman. That is pretty cute.
Speaker 1: And he did put a shamrock hat on him once. Farers could not have been more furious.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget the day my sister and I made a tiny coffin for my frog and bury him in the backyard. It's good to go through human like sarahmon ritual, passing a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a ritual. Yeah. And then so uh so, Andy said I can get a dog. And then then he said, but you have to be the one to pull the trigger and say we're going to get the dog. And so and now we have Gordie, the dog who we got in the pound three weeks.
Speaker 6: O's our pressure get a dog that looked like you're drawing. Uh no, that looked like a dogson to me, did you get a dog?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: That dog doesn't that he's just a little he's he's actually some sort of kind of a Chihuahua Pekinese. He's we had a choice of Chihuahua mixes or pitbull mixes. And I have never had a dog before Andy, he's had dogs this entire line, and I was like, I would like a smaller dog in case wrestling must be involved. I would like to be taller and stronger than whatever dog always win the dog wrestling match, right, And so, so Gordie is eight years old and he is a gentleman. He is incredibly what a good sport he seems. We've only had him three weeks, so he has the potential to be very bossy. But I think that that might just be a dog trait where and he's only had one other family and the family moved and he's eight years old, and and so he's fit in pretty well. We have a backyard, so he can he can, but but he likes to go for I you know, when I was doing the road all the time. I used to do this thing called hotel art, where I would show the art in my hotel room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was on an episode of that. You were you were at the Airbnb.
Speaker 1: A great job, thank you. So now I'm just doing Gordy patrol. Here's what I don't have any dog materials. Kill Martin was telling me that everybody got a quarantine dog, and now everybody has dog material but I don't really. I do have a question do dogs not have Is it just Gordy or do dogs not have butt cheeks? Like I'm walking this dog and I'm gonna I'm gonna stare at his asshole.
Speaker 6: I guess yeah, it's just kind of the hole. There's no you know, like with a rhinoceros or something, there's a human like bulbous ass and I've always appreciated that. With a dog, it's just a tail covering up an exit hole.
Speaker 5: There's no actually, depending on the breed of dog, the tail usually stays down unless there's something some action taking place.
Speaker 1: So not like is happy, So he's tail up weighing in his hole. But and so I'm just sharing it was but for the whole on. Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 5: You'll get used, you know what. I what I'd say is speed up, get get in front of Gordy a little bit. Then you can change your view.
Speaker 1: I was like, whatt you look at my butthole?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Check check this, check out this rear end, buddy, See how competitive, See how happy I am.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things I've never I loved having cats my whole life and the dogs that I've been around, but looking at their butthole constantly was never my favorite. It's just the thing you forget.
Speaker 5: You're both saying it as if it's required, and I I've looked at both of my dog's buttholes maybe three times total. You don't have to look at it in the real way, so other stuff to look at, and the BH is gonna be present, and you just look at something.
Speaker 1: Else, and then you're just like, I'm empetized. I was. I was just a passing comment. I'm just hoping. I was just wondering about budgets. I didn't I don't know a.
Speaker 6: Lot to fixated on it. Now, so you're passing comment. That's become passion.
Speaker 1: And now, so let's let's talk about other things. I drew a horse and I cut out a picture of a sailboat.
Speaker 3: Do you want a sailboat? Have you say it?
Speaker 5: But Jackie wants is to be a billionaire, that's clear she is. She wants to dominate the stock market. She wants to discover a vein of gold if you guys had.
Speaker 1: A billion dollars. And I have been thinking about this because of Jeff Basil's wife, and I was thinking if I had a billion dollars, I literally there is I live in vant eyes. I can't have a horse right now. It really would not go with our nine hundred and sixty six square house foothubs. Yeah, and the sailboat. Uh So I want a pedal horse and maybe ride one, and maybe learn to ride. And I wouldn't mind learning to sale, which can be done if you volunteer. When we're back in you know, being social. You can volunteer to crewe and other people's sailboats here like in Long Beach and stuff. And you learned to sail that way.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to it.
Speaker 6: I've sailed a few times and uh with people that knew what they were doing. And it's it's hard. I mean, you all of a sudden, the wind changes, you have to move you have to untie everything and move the sail, and it's tacking a bunch of people running around.
Speaker 3: There's poles. You could get knocked into the water and then and then killed dolphins.
Speaker 1: We once I was on a catamaran on the Atlantic once and it tipped over. And the guy that I was sailing with, he knew how to sail, and he said, what we do is we climb up onto the back of the thing and then we both grab a rope and we lean into it and using our weight, we pop it back up. And I was like, that makes sense. Yeah, the rope that I grabbed was not a rope. I grabbed a bungee cord. So I was like a teet a tree falling over into the ocean again, and he laughed for almost forty seconds.
Speaker 3: You fell in the ocean.
Speaker 1: I always fall in the ocean, don't. I don't. I am not a gazelle. This is uh. There's the illusion of I actually on the inside think that I'm much more athletic, taller, better looking, stronger, faster. I'm the six million dollar woman. I think I'm blonde. I have no idea what I look like. So Zoom has been quite a revelation for.
Speaker 5: Me, zoom is a pretty big disappointment, I think for all of us, for in terms of what we look like, in terms of our our timing, which is that's the thing that's really gonna when we're all back together again. Will like interrupting continue, will the not starting stopping?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the fucking worst conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're all going to have impeccable timing now because we're all paying attention to this.
Speaker 1: Just hyper sensitive and exactly when sorry talk.
Speaker 3: I'm just passing by. I don't know you. Oh, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I get the sense that you've got a good idea, So I'm going to hope I hold that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know I had aged until this year because of all the zoom.
Speaker 3: I don't have a lot of mirrors. But yeah, zoom, I don't leave it to me.
Speaker 1: And you you could put that. You could slide that thing to remove all sense of aging, to actually remove your nose. It just gets rid of your face entirely. It's an aldemort screen.
Speaker 7: It's just two holes like this, your noseless snake filed snake fild Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: So Farrah Eisenberg has the greatest bit about zoom Or did about nine months ago. It was about her four year old child who was acting up. She put them in a corner and literally, after twenty or thirty seconds, she said that he yelled, unmute me. Such a great line. I thought I'd get a bigger really happen, Oh it better have happened. Come on, four year olds repeat all kinds of this. There was somebody that said there's a again.
Speaker 5: That believes he's watched so many YouTube videos that he he ends every interaction with family members by saying I can subscribe.
Speaker 1: See that that I don't believe, and that, uh, that's just a well crafted joke that nothing's believable. Yeah, I'm just lying. Nothing is believable anymore. We're not around each other.
Speaker 5: The natural hilariousness of life has become doubtful.
Speaker 1: You know, there there is trouble. It's uh. I do feel bad for the people with kids who are beating themselves up. Who are there's all these people that are beating themselves up. And I'm like, kids still alive? And did you ever spend a year with your parents? Uh? No, No, these kids are gonna these kids are going to grow up and they're like, no, I spent like a year and a half, right, they were right there the whole time. Yep. And uh and I this is another bit I'm working on. I don't have any conversation you guys. So this is what we need you to. Okay, fair enough fill the time. Yeah, anyway, so the Jeck Jackie jackieation content provider. So, but the when I was a kid, they literally I remember when they invented the term quality time. It was in the it was in the seventies, and my stepmother, stepmother of six children, I genuinely remember her saying to me, we can't afford quality time. We can only afford quantity time. And that's what you'll get some nuggets. It'll be fun. And because she did try to artificially create, she was like, quality time, Okay, none of you ever see your father because he literally was like I got married so I wouldn't have to raise these kids. And so but he she made him take us each to breakfast on a Sunday. She's like, take each kid to breakfast on us six weeks in a row, and then and they'll get an hour and a half with you, and that'll be fun and they won't be drug addicts, right, right, right, quality time, quality time too late. Some of my brother's already drug addicts.
Speaker 5: But then they're nice and high at breakfast, and that's fun too, that is fun.
Speaker 1: My father, I was the youngest, and so I was probably nine eight or nine years old, and he took me to breakfast, and I remember him being visibly bored.
Speaker 5: I remember being in the car with my dad because he was being a fireman. He would be on for three days, off for four days or whatever, so my mom and my mom worked all every day, so he would when he was home, he was like he was the house white.
Speaker 1: It was really funny. So you'd just be always.
Speaker 5: I was just always in the car with him, running errands, going to yardbirds. It seemed like that was the only thing we ever did, was go to the hardware store. But I was always just like, you know, good, it's good times, and I'm getting attention and whatever.
Speaker 1: And I remember one time often actually my dad would just go, Okay, that's enough talking. Just shut you down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't keep asking me whatever question comes into your head, that's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we didn't do that at all with my family. I think I was close to my parents, but we didn't even talk during dinner. You just silently eat as fast as you can, and then you go to your section of the house. One time, I stayed with Matt Bronger's parents during one of the first Bridgetown festivals. I slept in their basement because there wasn't enough of a hotel budget for me.
Speaker 3: But I had fun.
Speaker 6: And they had a time during the day when they would sit in the living room and talk about their day, and it was like a planned thing.
Speaker 3: At four o'clock, We're going to talk.
Speaker 6: And I thought that maybe I was in trouble for coming home late or something, but no, they just sat in the living room and had a very healthy, loving talk.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, this is.
Speaker 6: So foreign to me because it was planned and I was nervous for it, and they asked me about my day as a visiting family member.
Speaker 3: It was really a healthy thing. But I had.
Speaker 5: My family was like that at dinner. That's that's when everybody was asked about their day. That's when everybody complained about their individual jobs, teachers, whatever. And then we would also sometimes just sit there after dinner and just keep on sitting at the table, laughing, and making jokes because I think my dad was from this gigantic Irish family where basically that's what they did. That was kind of like the set. That's how we learned because my mom didn't really have a family, so we just kind of did what my dad's family did.
Speaker 1: And it's really lovely. It was very good. It's so weird the family that you adopt of like the sort of the different customs. We sat at the table. My dad would literally go around the table and you had a was. It was really good at open mic because of it, because you had a minute and a half to make it interesting that it's moon on and my brother Russ always nailed it. It was very irritating and it was like, how come he always gets to tell his stories like he's got the best pitch and.
Speaker 3: So well, now I'm remembering that I was. I was.
Speaker 6: They had me put on shows, usually puppet shows or something, and I would hide behind the table and do a performance and that was planned. So maybe we all have our version of it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. I didn't want to make it sound like my parents were unattentive.
Speaker 5: I did well, but probably you're comparing it to the Brongers, and that's what they were doing was very high level.
Speaker 3: There was like classic music playing in the background during this meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there they were. They were doing quaker ship. Yeah that feels it feels real strong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was highly religious.
Speaker 1: It feels very Judeo Christian. Talked some smack about the big They got some comics together to talk shit on God.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: It's the Bronger's talk circle.
Speaker 5: I actually had ahead, Oh sorry, and then I'm gonna like, I'm going to like have a stomach with you.
Speaker 3: It was like you were having a light contest and you both died.
Speaker 1: I was just having I.
Speaker 5: Was having memories that both of you were there for thinking about Bridgetown comedy festivals, where at the time I was like, I shouldn't be here. I'm too old and I'm a guitar comic or whatever.
Speaker 1: Weird shit.
Speaker 5: I was deciding about myself and I'm literally sitting in my house, like remember the time we were all at the warehouse party afterwards and then the train came like yeah, just like remember the breakfast where then we all ended up being in the same restaurant at the same time, like as if it were the most gorgeous golden year, right, like.
Speaker 1: We were on Mikans and it was a yeah, yeah, none of that was happening.
Speaker 6: I miss everything. I was invited to a party the other day in my neighborhood because it was all a group of friends that are all service industry and they've had their vaccinations, and I was like, I thought it would be like Thanksgiving with them, where we'd be in the backyard. But I showed up and it was a it was an apartment full of people high fiving and hugging because they had had their vaccinations, and I was like, wow, I'm I was horrified, and I I didn't go in, and I felt like a weirdo.
Speaker 3: But I'm just it's so funny how not used to it? I am we.
Speaker 1: Just all got used to, like because literally now when I when I got the shot, I was like, well, now there's no excuse not to go anywhere that I've wanted to go to this whole year. But now I'm scared. Yeah, And I'm like, I'm it turns out I hate change. I just I didn't want it to change this way, and now I don't want it to change this way. I mean, I'm glad for the new administration of that affairs, and it's good that there's a choice. But I have I'm Jackie. I'm just like you where I'm in this house.
Speaker 5: And early on in this quarantine, I was just like, this could last six months.
Speaker 1: This could last four years.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get through this, and we're not gonna go crazy.
Speaker 1: We're not going to go crazy. So I have that thing now.
Speaker 5: I'm so I'm so braced that it's going to take me. It's probably gonna take me a good three four months just to be like, yeah, you know, even if I'm vaccinated or whatever, just to kind of be like we're doing it. We're socializing again. I mean, a couple of times people would come over.
Speaker 1: It was really nice for a little while, and then it was then I was just like, I have it now, I have it right now, I fucking have it. Yeah, before quarantine, you had me for forty five minutes. Now you have me for fifteen to like I literally have met Maria and my friend Carmen and other people outside, and at about fifteen or twenty minutes, I'm like, all right, yeah, we're done sitting around. I can't offer you anything to eat. Or drink. You gotta go, and me too.
Speaker 6: But I like that that that everyone understands there's no yeah, I gotta go, and everyone's like I understand.
Speaker 1: They really do. Everybody is pretty saying about the whole thing.
Speaker 6: And no one judged me for not wanting to go into that apartment. They understood that's cool.
Speaker 1: Especially if they're all vaccinated and you're not. That's like what that's no.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think that means it's safe for me. I think it can still you can.
Speaker 1: Still yeah, they can still carry it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought. Okay, good, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: Also, I think it don't pre celebrate, like the whole point of like, wait, get your vaccination, get your second vaccination, then go celebrate when there's like a real thing.
Speaker 1: But if you pre celebrate or start.
Speaker 5: Making it's the same people like the people that never stopped going places and.
Speaker 1: Never wear masks or whatever.
Speaker 5: It's just like this was a real accomplishment, you know, yeh, like quarantining, staying home, doing what was best.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a choice.
Speaker 5: Some people didn't make it because they're fucking selfish whatever, but I did. So it's like, you know, now that we're at the eleventh hour. I'm not going to go be like, oh, you're vaccinated, let's hang out, because I say it would be it would be so infuriating to get it, truly, at like.
Speaker 6: On the vaccination clock, I would go and get while in line for the show.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know did they have vaccines for the nineteen eighteens flu, the Spanish flu they called it. Did they vaccinate for that one? I think they did. I mean I think eventually they did, because I know that I saw an old timey ad where they wanted everyone to wear masks, and everyone in nineteen eighteen was like, fuck you get waring cloth. We've always been like this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could only ask my great grandma, and she unfortunately passed at one hundred and one years old.
Speaker 1: COVID.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was very sudden. She saw three centuries, three centuries. Born in the late eighteen hundreds, lived into the two thousands.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow, But yeah, I think she knew about that Spanish flu. H But we'll never We'll never know.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: Your dad's mom my dad's yeah, grandma, Yeah, your dad's grandma.
Speaker 1: Maybe someone on his side of the family knows.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to ask we could just google it. I'll be over here.
Speaker 1: I've been meeting to google it for like two days.
Speaker 6: Anyone listening to this right now has googled it and I read that on Twitter in a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or they're screaming right now. Yeah.
Speaker 5: That is the joy of podcast listening to podcasts is that in something that no one will listen to you.
Speaker 1: The dork Forest. I get a three to five paragraph actually almost every week. Uh, but we just I just did one with Kyle Airs about Saint Vincent, which I thought was a thrift store. It turns out it's a band. Oh yes, so it's a late woman. Yeah, it's a it's a it's a person.
Speaker 3: It's music.
Speaker 1: I like saying that's that's what Kyle. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But it's also the name of my grammar school and high school. Oh and local parish. So you know she wasn't the.
Speaker 1: First all one building uh no, sprinkled about the town. Yeah. Do you every guy's seen that the church that Bob Hope's Infidelity built over on Lankersham Yeah, and Moore Park. Yes.
Speaker 3: Karen knows a lot about Bob Hope and it's.
Speaker 1: That's my area to look like adjacent baby act. That is I was. There used to be a steak place over there called the Steak Joint with a y, and I used to drink too much over there. I pretended because I lived on Whipple, I lived one block over, and I pretended that I was going out for dinner every night like Rockefeller. And it turns out I would sit at the bar and just drink. And there was a guy at the bar who told me that that that church, which literally is the size of a cathedral, is every time he would have an affair, Bob Hope would donate to that church. And it has an auditorium and a basketball court and a curate's house as a and the whole front.
Speaker 5: Of it is has that like it's like a like a Rococo front. That's this insane sculptive like it almost looks like something that would be in Madrid.
Speaker 1: Right it's right there on More Parks, right there on More Park and Lanity.
Speaker 3: So Bob Hope, as a version of confession, would donate when he felt bad for his infidelities.
Speaker 1: He had a deal with his wife because his wife was Catholic. Oh she was, Oh, she was totally in on it. And also across from his compound, there was an empty lot that she supposedly always threatened to build a convent. And then they both died and then their children were like, uh, this piece of property is worth a gajillion dollars. Let me sell it. And so it came to pass. Wow, I actually got to go, And so it came to pass. I got to notte it. Brag brag.
Speaker 5: I got to go to Bob Hope's house because I did do the very last Bob Hope Young Comedian special.
Speaker 1: Oh cool you did five? Yes? Oh yeah, yeah this, and I did it with everyone on it, Margaret Smith, su Kolinski. It was. It was everybody was.
Speaker 5: Fifteen years older than me and had been doing stand up and late night sets for twenty years longer than me.
Speaker 1: And then I was just kind of there, like, hey, what's up? Like it was hilarious.
Speaker 5: I clearly was like it just kind of shoved in there was really funny.
Speaker 1: But they were everyone was so nice. Margaret and Sue were so nice to.
Speaker 5: Me because I was like, oh, they're gonna hate my guts for not being like basically who to get this?
Speaker 1: And they were so lovely good.
Speaker 5: Every single comic that was on it, was awesome and Alan Thick was on it.
Speaker 1: Phyllis Diller was the co host.
Speaker 5: It was epic and we got to go like I got to meet and talk to Phyllis Diller for the day as we shot this special. It was really cool. And but one of the things we did, which was like for like a promo shoot where they took photos whatever it's and the outfit I'm wearing makes no sense. It's like it's one of those things where clearly I was.
Speaker 1: Struggling with the drinking problem. I get like good tights.
Speaker 5: I couldn't get the right color tights to match the skirt that I picked. You know, there was like that kind of stuff was like ca but tough difficulties. Nineties were hard anyway. Would I don't feel like early stand up shows that it was enough costuming input, No, my premium blend. I clearly did my own hair, and the person who did my makeup usually did drag queens.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I wore Eddie Gosling's wife's I didn't have a button up shirt and I took out the velcrow shoulder pads and oh my god, but you can't tell.
Speaker 3: It's just a silk shirt. But yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Tell you can tell Yeah.
Speaker 5: On the Buster's Happy Hour, which was my first like full set VH one really broke so much fresh young comedy in the nineties. I had the same exact thing Jackie, and I wonder if it was the same makeup artist when she was done with my face. I used to do this in my act, but I truly looked like a Romanian sex worker. It was like purple I'd purple blue and like yellow eyeshadow.
Speaker 1: Where I was like, what did you do? It was insanity? How was anyone going to pay attention to the joke hole when my eyes are going on?
Speaker 6: I was so stressed and scared to be on TV for my premium blend that I developed a cherry tomato sized blemish right by my go hole. It was right by my mouth and they just covered it with makeup, but it was still casting a shadow. And Yeah, I was so worried about that the whole time. The whole time I was doing stand.
Speaker 1: Up, is I Johnners horrible?
Speaker 6: John on the Robot is it? And I swear you can't tell him wearing a blouse?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, John Bider, So John Bider's comedy on the Road. I for some reason, was dressed as the ghetto child that I was, where I was literally wearing my brother's suit coat that I had to roll up the sleeves.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 1: That is a clip that is on my Twitter feed from my pin tweet because for some reason I found that footage and I'm like, this joke isn't very good. I look ridiculous, and let's put it up. Yeah, I need content. You guys, are you transferring stations content from VHS?
Speaker 3: Then that was on VHS, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. I brought it to a guy who was willing to I was like, this is going to cost so much money and he was like, no, like thirty five dollars and I was like, no, I have thirty five dollars. Yeah, so I should do that too.
Speaker 6: I have all many, many tapes. But then I would be afraid that I would watch it and think, oh, I don't want anyone to watch me be bad at something.
Speaker 1: I think I have a Karen gle Gariff on Late Friday, the Thing that leads a lining booked right, Oh that's right.
Speaker 5: I uh, but the audience we did for some reason, well, I mean I wasn't the greatest I hosted that and I did it with Mary Lynn doing Girls Guitar Yeah, which every once in a while I see a clip of that and I'm like, I'm glad that.
Speaker 1: Got captured at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that almost that was such a strange fleeting time that it almost is like did we do.
Speaker 3: Then you you? Did you do a pilot for that? Also? I think that's what in the laugh Stop in Houston.
Speaker 6: There was one VHS tape and I didn't know you yet, Karen, And there was a Girl's Guitar Club.
Speaker 5: That's a short film that Ruben Fleischer shot. And he went on to be a very successful director. I think he made Zombie Lamp.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 5: Amy's made a bunch of other stuff and done stuff for TV. But this was before he ever made anything, and he just wanted to do stuff. And he was friends with Mary Lynn, and I met him through mary Lynn, and he was like, can we please just do It's just you know, it'll be good for promotion, and da da da. So he basically like forced us to write this kind of script that isn't really a script and it was yeah, and we and so we had the Girls Guitar Club short film that is one of the strangest.
Speaker 3: It's I loved it. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 6: I watched it more than once because it was the only tape and there was a little TVVCR in the green room and I was so he guy had me headlining way before I should have been saying, I'd be so nervous, and he was such a fan of you guys. And was that guy still booking stuff Mark Babbitt No, I think he went in the babbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he was the best though. He really was so kind and like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me, that's sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The week I went there to headline, every night I would get off stage and there would be Houston comics that would be in the bar kind of standing around like to let me know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't they weren't totally on board with what I.
Speaker 5: Was doing, and just like I don't care, and that there was the time that the guy came up and was like, yeah you did, Okay, yeah that was fine. It was like that kind of thing, and then I'm like, what do you do for a living? And he goes, I'm a balloon comic. And then I was just like, well, okay, it's nice to meet you know.
Speaker 1: I can't I'm doing so many zoom shows that I'm actually working more space work.
Speaker 6: You guys, you guys, I just what is that a swivel terror? Are you hovering? That's it's a swimvel chair. I will sometimes do some space work on the zoom. Sometimes I'll get real close, real close to the camera.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then other times I'll stand up like and I'll pretend that I'm doing stand up comedy.
Speaker 6: Have you ever done one of these shows, Jackie, where you don't have a mic and you suddenly are very very aware of your hands and what you should do.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes, It's like sometimes when the when the mic has gone out, and you can either keep the mike in your hand and then two and twenty people know that you need it as a crutch, yeah, or you can just put it back in the mic stand and just open yourself.
Speaker 6: Up, yeah, which yeah, it always takes me like five to ten minutes to decide to do that. But many times, yeah, the mic has broken for some reason, and I keep it in front of my face because it's my security blanket.
Speaker 1: Right right, and it on Conan, they always wanted you to use a lab and you're like, God, it's hard enough being on television. If I could just have a mic as well, it'll make me feel a little bit better about if.
Speaker 6: They asked me on Conan, do you want a mic? Or and it's like microphone please, thank you?
Speaker 1: And a stool for no reason. I'm doing five to seven minutes. It can't possibly be needed, but let me have my props please, I need my security blank.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it's good though.
Speaker 6: I think it's good to use uh your space and become aware of it.
Speaker 3: We're going to come out of this so talented, you guys.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was going to say, to be challenged. I mean I've done a couple Jackie, thank you by the way for you asked me to do your the comedy shows that you do, and it really does mean a lot to me. I'm always just like, no one wants to hear the dumb tweets that I've tried to pretend for jokes, but they desperately do. But well, I want to do it again, Okay, I really love me.
Speaker 1: To lower the steaks. Love to lower the steaks until tell you that my Sunday afternoon show is nothing but essentially twenty to sixty people who have seen me work on the same hour for eleven months, literally going that's a lot tighter, Jackie. It's coming right.
Speaker 6: A little bringing in a private facility with a stage. I'm saying the same ideas over and over and some of them still aren't jokes.
Speaker 1: Well, just the same people, yeah, to the same people. And the people are incredibly supportive, They're very nice. I'm doing six guest sets. It started out I was just doing one guess back last March. Now everybody gets like seven to ten. I get to hang out with six comics. I want to hang out with actually five, And then I just let two newer people who have emailed me to because they're comics, and they're like, hey, you have a show? Can I do it? And I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'll put you on the list, and truly is it like this, Like it's just this, it's just this. And then there's sixty people and at twelve to twenty of them are unmuted, and so they laugh and you can and you can be trusted and can be trusted and you can say, Reuben, are you getting stoned again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, good for you, buddy, and he just blazes up and can you see him? Yeah? They got their cameras on and they got their mics on, and most people are just literally they're just they're just sitting there watching stand up comedy, laughing. And then the people who are doing their dishes or have their dogs or you know, the kids or something, they've turned their cameras off. I don't care. It's like they're sitting in the dark in the theater and if it's loud, they've got their mics off, and they're incredibly well trained and they and they all send me five dollars. That's what it costs. I'm like, send me five dollars. It just weeds out any sort of zoom bumps.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because fourteen year olds are being created every day and they're making those.
Speaker 5: Everywhere all across this land. That doesn't sound bad at all. Okay, maybe i'll yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: You're both welcome to do us at this very Sunday at noon noon. Yeah, think about it. Yeah, because it's nice because that's eight o'clock in London and ten o'clock in Switzerland. Yeah, it's like and it's like like nine do you want to.
Speaker 3: Do that part of your BBC vision board to.
Speaker 1: Pre Yes, Yes, I'm trying to get international. My vision board has voiceover and it has international. It has a Jackiecation comedy festival that I want to do one day. Chris, are you going to do it this Sunday at noon?
Speaker 6: Yes, I I'll email you. I've been golfing NonStop, but not usually on weekends.
Speaker 1: So, and you could also bail in the eleventh hour. Well, let me lower the because because Bamford often says yes and then bails. Ron Funes says yes and then he's like, actually, I'm playing a video game.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Baron Vaughan has two babies, so.
Speaker 4: Does like people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and so I mean like people say yes and then something might happen where they're you know, they have to go shovel sand or something. I don't know what they have to do, but it's the importance. Yeah, I don't take it personally. Oh Kill Martin was going to do it and it was at night, but she couldn't do it. She was like, I would normally say yes automatically, but I need to see this Oprah thing. And I was like, what Oprah the Meghan Markel Yes interviews.
Speaker 3: Mean, Mark, did you guys watch that Megan Martin speaking of your BBC visions.
Speaker 1: No, was it like Bridgington, did they explain about ejaculation.
Speaker 3: I've just seen highlights from it, but.
Speaker 1: Uh, how long was it?
Speaker 6: It was just highlights of Oprah's reactions. That's that's what I've watched.
Speaker 1: It's all they've all been.
Speaker 5: People have recut it in the most hilarious ways, where there's because it's shot in her Montecito, you know, it's state. There's I saw a recut where people start sneaking in and it's some it's a scene from a movie that their children know but I didn't recognize. So it's like they're doing it, and then like the reactions are real of them going like that, and then like there's like a bunch of teenage girls that walk in through the bushes and like but these bitchy looks on their faces, and it's the funniest thing I've ever seen that. Just like, people just keep recutting it in that way.
Speaker 1: I would watch that. I actually don't care. Yeah, I'm people.
Speaker 3: Were talking about it that yes it sounded scandalous.
Speaker 1: Well it's good. It's a good thing to discuss.
Speaker 5: And then it's just right for immediate because it's become that thing where like, you know, nobody wants to do it about the Super Bowl or the Oscars anymore because we've just done it now so much. But then when something like that comes up, it's like fresh meat for those Twitter parodies.
Speaker 1: I want to read about it and whistle down and read about it. What it's a Bridgerton that I got a Briton. I've been putting it on very pretty.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful, it's very prettrgeously shot, and it's really compelling. I mean I thought she I thought seand of Rhymes nailed that ship so well. It was great, Yes, except for the one thing where I was just like, can we can we not have people.
Speaker 1: Make six there's six books? There's nine Bridgerton siblings. Wow, yeah, there's It's Anthony, is a b is Benedict, c is U Chad. That's not true.
Speaker 5: I forget Chada. You know Chad Bridgerton he went to the junior high but then he.
Speaker 1: Loves It's Colin, remember Colin, And then it's Daphne, and then it's like Eloise, and then it's.
Speaker 5: Fuck okay, and then Sucking, which is one of the other leads. Yeah, a big part of the show, like another sibling.
Speaker 3: I've never heard it. I gotta, I got, I'll watch right after we're done. Give it a ship.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 3: There's no way been do it going an hour in twelve minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Oh dude, what's that possible.
Speaker 5: It's been great because it's jackiecasion and that's why we have her.
Speaker 1: Wow, because thanks for having me. It's just great to see you. Damn, it's great to see you too.
Speaker 6: I always feel like I'm the cop kicking everyone out of the party when I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, look at the time.
Speaker 6: But like we said, you know, during quarantine, you just have people are like, oh, I understand Chris has to get to his Bridgerton and make his chicken parmesan that.
Speaker 1: He's busy watching some of the Great British Pottery Throw Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It is good. Please is it called the Great British Pottery Throw something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I very much will watch it. It's anything like the baking It is not really but trying.
Speaker 1: And the best thing on HBO bags actually is a is a weird sitcom called Ghosts and it's only twenty five thirty minutes. There's only two seasons and it is about this weird British couple who inherits a mansion and it's fucking haunted and has been so all the people like there's six ghosts, one is a caveman, one's a member of Parliament with no pants, and there's it's adorable new or it's just from this sounds it's new. It's last three or four years, so you love it. Is it British? It's British.
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard of the show Be Foreigners? I believe Swedish or Norwegian? And it is it's called Be Foreigners. I believe it's also HBO Max because it's like HBO Europe. Yeah, and it is such a good plot, like there's it's a cop procedural, but it's also almost like sci fi where people who are it's similar to what you're just saying. There's like crow Magnans start showing up. It's crow Magnans, people from the like uh, crow Magnans, people that are from like the twelve hundreds, and then people from the sixteen hundreds, and they all start appearing in the sea funny, and then they have to go get rescued and brought and then suddenly they're the new immigrants of the Country, and it's like it's so brilliantly done, and I loved it.
Speaker 1: It was such a good form.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, okay, just watching eighties action movies, I've become such a dad.
Speaker 3: Wow, except look.
Speaker 1: It's eighties action movies are actually quite lovely. Yeah, they'll get you through the night. I want to see Private Benjamin again, but it turns out it's twelve dollars on Amazon. Fren Yeah. Yeah, I was like, I can't do that. I know, I might as well buy the DVD.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ki, speaking of old movies, I want to see just assuming they'll be free and they are blockbuster prices. That's right, when Jackie, is that show that you mentioned in Milwaukee?
Speaker 1: In Milwaukee April twenty third, April twenty third, and then and I'm gonna two times I had to cancel doing.
Speaker 3: My new album.
Speaker 6: That was when I was going to do this theater. I wonder if it was the same date. Yeah, did you get in the last couple weeks this morning?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, because I just thank you very much, And I told him, I said, because I just.
Speaker 3: I was like, just tell people that.
Speaker 1: You're willing to work at the end of April, and all of a sudden there was work at the end of April, and I was like, okay, yeah, I gotta do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're right, but sorry, really quick, let's make this a real plug, because if people want to go see you, it's Milwaukee, April twenty third, two shows, two shows.
Speaker 5: And the name of that company is like the Laughing Tap, the Laughing The Laughing Tap probably has a website.
Speaker 1: Right as do I, and it will eventually be up on Jackie Kasha dot com. And if you want to come to my Zoom shows, sign up for my email list, which is harder to get on than it is to get off because there's two unsubscribed buttons on every single.
Speaker 5: Email, but very considerate well and so because I'm sending them every week now of Zoom shows, which feels a lot.
Speaker 1: So. But if you want to know about the Zoom shows, join the email list. It's on Jackiecasion dot com. Figure it out, but then easy to get off when you get bored.
Speaker 3: Nice, I'm glad you're getting back out there.
Speaker 6: You are fun to watch do a stand up and I will never forget how much better than mey you did in Temecula.
Speaker 3: We did a yeah, brewery in your hometown, Karen.
Speaker 1: And it looked like Mario Kart. It looked like the pipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was very it was very steampunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you were so great.
Speaker 6: But when you got off, just like me, you were like, I feel like I didn't do well, and I'm like, I just saw you doing easy at.
Speaker 1: The Gin Place.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Vaulted ceiling, yeah, that'll do that. Yeah in Pedaluma, not Temecula.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry. I always that's okay, the ekula and the emula.
Speaker 6: It's I always miss those up and biology I understand.
Speaker 1: And vaulted ceilings will always affect our self esteem.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that's gotta be low and I gotta be backed into the corner otherwise I don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: Give me brick comedy in the world.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you haven't seen Jackie Cason do stand up comedy, which if you're a listener, I do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: You know Jackie? You love Jackie.
Speaker 5: But if you haven't, go to jackiedication dot com. Don't be afraid to go visit her on tek.
Speaker 3: Took Yeah, and go to her Instagram. She's reposting a lot of her early work and it's very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Support Jackie in all her ways.
Speaker 5: And then, of course, please listen to the hilarious and very inside comedy podcast The Jackie and Laurie Show, where two lady comics talk about being comics.
Speaker 3: I like it, Thank you for being that's jack Jackie.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, if you guys are still doing my favorite murder. I got to tell you about my uncle Tom.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yes, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember the cyanide in Chicago, Yes, in the Thailand. Yeah, there was a copycat incident in Menominee Falls, Wisconsin where there was cinide in Canaoke. That was my uncle Tom.
Speaker 3: Oh, my lord Tom.
Speaker 1: Jackie Marie cation. Why haven't you told me about this already? You owe me an email? Oh yeah, I'll yeah, it's it's literally I don't want to. Should I just ruin it? Should I just tell you what? Or don't ruin it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No you should? No, you should do a hometown. Yeah, I'll talk to you about.
Speaker 3: This future hometown.
Speaker 1: Right, and listen to the Dark Forest, you guys. Greg Proops just did a great thing about baseball the Negro leagues. Awesome. Yeah, the Dirk Force has been going. It was it was up first it's been going since.
Speaker 5: It has six You say, oh six, and I was close with those at my seven.
Speaker 1: You were and there's and it's so funny because we don't do season like I don't do seasons, so like Jimmy Pardo is on like season thirty because he splits it into like twelve episode seasons. I'm in the fourteenth year. You guys, that's all. Wow, we're just.
Speaker 5: Doing you nice, amazing. This is season two, Season two. Yeah, first season. To thank you for being on Jackie You're the best.
Speaker 6: Yes, great to see educate and everybody you've been listening.
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride? D y n A.
Speaker 1: I leaving? You want to way back?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you give us. Time and turning on and Gabe, we want to send you off time you want to welcome you back home? Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared? He was it fine? Melbourne? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need with Karen and Chris