Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Coveno.
Speaker 2: On Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a hump day already. Oo getting a hobo turning your hump day into a hump night. Hope, It's been a great one. Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. It's Ozzy Osbourne's birthday today Today, Happy Heavenly seventy seventh. It's my dad's birthday. But my dad is not Ozzy Osbourne. I want to make that clear. It's also my dad's seventy second so we rock out and celebrate on his behalf. Broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you miss any of today's show, watch what you hear. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. I'm Covino, that is Rich and we be rocket out.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Hey, happy day for you as well.
Speaker 2: Your jersey guy, I am you're half Italian half you pump your fist. I do jersey short debut on this day back in nine.
Speaker 1: He is your boy. DJ Baldy D.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Covino and Rich, Jim Danning Laundry and CNR gtl CNR Oh yeah, so kandahy guys.
Speaker 1: For being here now.
Speaker 2: Jersey Shore helped raise us, but Sesame Street also played a bigger, more important role.
Speaker 1: In fact, what a talie in help raised all of us.
Speaker 2: Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at sessme dot org because the world needs Sesme and Sesame needs you. And again, thank you guys for hanging out and watching live being part of this live chatting it up live. Our live chat is always popping now Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube Today, We're gonna have a fun day. Like I said, it's my dad's birthday celebration show.
Speaker 1: We'll play some Ozzy. Can we play Ozzie or just Christmas music?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We can play Aussie? Oh right? Does he have a Christmas album?
Speaker 2: Iowas Sam, maybe Aussie has a Christmas classic? I don't know of Danny G's super producing on the phones. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, we got Dan Byer with all your updates and spotty on the videos. But we're basically here to say before we give away prizes and play some games in midweek, Major, we hope your day has been better than CP three's day. Yeah, but is it a bad day? If you're not happy, how's it not? There's a lot of explaining to do. I don't know who's in the wrong. And the beauty of this show as we process and we figure out together because was he done dirty or is he just rubbing people the wrong way?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I was talking to Big Mike, who runs his place, and Mike has some wisdom. We're gonna play Mike's Wednesday words of Wisdom. He's like, if you read between the lines, he's a royal ahole. You know, he's a veteran, probably hard to deal with. He's really not doing much right. He probably scored more on Love is Blind this year than he did.
Speaker 3: For the Clippers.
Speaker 1: What a great cameo that was.
Speaker 2: That was his greatest appearance all season on Love is Blind, that weird reunion park out of nowhere. Nikolas was like, and you know, let's bring out Chris Paul. If you have no idea, you have a life and you're busy there's a reality show called Love Is Blind and on the reunion special. Don't give people too much CREDITORI you don't think people even if they don't watch, know there's a reality show.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, people do.
Speaker 2: But anyway, in the reunion special, Chris Paul's there for no reason whatsoever in the stands and they call him down to take some shots. So he's doing free throw shots. But I'd say that was the highlight of the season so far. But there's so many ways to look at this. You know, you got Stephen A and Danny G saying he's Chris Paul, he deserves better. You know this is blasphemous, like respect your elders type stuff. Yeah, this isn't how a legend goes out. We got a future Hall of Famer. This is how we treat him when you toss them away like doodoo diapers.
Speaker 3: Do not want to make an enemy out of me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Or is it like, hey man, he's unproductive, you're wasting a space, you're rubbing everybody the wrong way, you're clashing the heads.
Speaker 1: Danny G. What was the latest tweet from Shams? What's the latest update?
Speaker 3: Rich? Do you say Shams or Shams, I.
Speaker 2: Say the guy that replaced well, I say, he says.
Speaker 4: Chris Paul and his leadership style clashed with the Clippers, sources tele ESPN. Paul has been vocal in holding management, coaches and players accountable, which the team felt became disruptive. Specifically, Tylu was not on speaking terms with Chris Paul for several weeks.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not good, no bueno.
Speaker 2: But again, in the middle of his farewell tours retirement tour, he already announced that he's going.
Speaker 1: It's a bad look. It really is. There's no question about that. It's a bad look.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the night, he throws up the peace signs and he says, I got sent home today. That's that's the week. That's the weakest it gets. But you know what it is, though, it's we've seen it in life. We've seen it in sports when someone's a little difficult. If it's an athlete and their skill set isn't what it was very easy to be like, yo, peace out. Some girl that's hot, but she has a weak ass personality and she's a pain in the ass. Once she gets it all older and she's not as hot now on the head Dicky Doodle Davis. That's like, you can't you can't expect the same treatment when you're not what you were. Some girl that was a victorious secret model now is.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, fat not gonna get the same love.
Speaker 4: You realize, what if she could run your household much better than the younger girl you're winning out, but you're just not giving her the chance anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chris paul Is, remember it happened with Terrell Owens right in the NFL to wanted to be on a team so bad. There's certain guys that probably could have kept playing, but the teams, Kaepernick, you have a team deemed them like yeah, like you come with a lot, you're more detrimental to the team, Like your productivity isn't that important anymore, and you kind of overstayed. You're welcome, It doesn't add up the same way. You're willing to make exceptions when you're putting up the numbers, and that's just not what's happening anymore. Again, if you just woke up last night, CP three went to Instagram and he says, I just found out I'm being sent home, and he threw up the peace signs and it was sort of shocking to see. And this was middle of the night, and you're like, what he got booted abruptly, like mid road trip farewell tour?
Speaker 1: Like is bad got dust booed? So what happens to is the question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but someone scooped him up just for the good pr of the farewell tour?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And did he fly home on a commercial flight?
Speaker 2: He was southwest his own d And what about Cliff Paul? How does he feel about this? So it disna parton me that again, So it's not just about you know, since I'm not upsetting you with hot wind and getting old. You've seen them with musicians. If musicians are selling out stadiums, you know, they could call whatever shots they want. If you're playing malls the maltor you really can't have a rider anymore, you know, like you can't be you can't be telling someone to sort out the different color eminem's and your trailer if you're a you know, if you're.
Speaker 1: Playing a two hundred present.
Speaker 2: No, we all agree this is handled poorly on both sides, all sides, but handled poorly, and it's a bad look.
Speaker 1: But the question is was he.
Speaker 2: Done dirty or did he get what he deserved by being sent home.
Speaker 1: You know, we've seen it before. You know, it's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: It's it's sort of when a player's career is detrimental to the forward momentum of the organization, and that's kind of what we're getting at here. Did you see the A Rod documentary They called it quits. I always thought that was peculiar. Like he's at six ninety six, middle of the season, and if you look at the numbers now from today's standard, they're not that bad. I think you have like twelve home runs that year, still batting well over two hundred, which in today's world is pretty decent. And he's at six ninety six. All Yankee fans want to see him get seven hundred, and they're like, yeah, peace out, a Rod, We've had.
Speaker 1: Enough of you.
Speaker 2: Later, he does say in the new documentary on HBO Max, he says A Rod would have fought for seven hundred home runs. A Rod would have begged, let me stick around. Hey, if I have said anyone, I've been wrong before, and I'm sorry for my mistakes. A Rod would have did everything possible to get seven hundred. But that's when Alex Rodriguez matured as a man, and Alex said, I'm okay with six ninety six. I've done what I had to do in the league and I'm good. I'm okay walking away, So play this out with that's the growth. So CP three said this, But Christopher Paul, so something else I might have to say, and you don't want to tell me maybe I overstepped. CP three is still saying I can contribute. I want to be on a champion. But Christopher Paul's like, it might be you're laughing. But based on the whole Alex Rodriguez story, what I'm trying to say is Chris Paul allah Cliff Paul with a state farm shirt on the mature side of Christopher PAULM I have to say, you know, maybe I rub people the wrong way. Maybe it's my time and maybe I just have to call it a day, And that's unfortunate his for his fans and for his legacy. But hey, we've seen a rod walk away with six ninety six.
Speaker 4: It's funny you're talking about records because per the Clippers right before the holiday November twenty second, with the last rebound Chris Paul had in the win, one of their only wins this season. On the twenty second of November, he became the only player in NBA history with at least twenty thousand points twelve thousand assists, and that was his six thousand threebound so he set a record just CP three on the twenty second.
Speaker 2: Wants to continue building on that record, right, Christopher what's his middle name, sam Immanual Christopher Manuel Paul may have a reality check.
Speaker 1: I think Sam made that up and say to.
Speaker 2: Himself, I'm looking at it right, but I'm not being productive and it's detrimental to the team, and I'm rubbing the coach the wrong way, and my leadership with these younger players isn't the same. There has to be a sense of accountability and realization from him. Again, this is all speculation. We're not there, so we open it up to you. These are our thoughts, Covino and Rich eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. You don't just dump a legendary player with a legendary career, Hall of Famer for no reason, right, So there's there's more to it. There's truth to the fact that they were not vibing. So dun Dirty got what he deserved, is the question.
Speaker 5: And you know.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the feedback Daniel listening in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Hit us up by the way.
Speaker 2: Sent home? There's like some schoolboy nonsense too. You ever sent home? Have you ever been like dismissed and sent home? That's kind of a weird thing to you, know, that awkward feeling. Everybody wants to leave on their own turn. Think back to high school for a second. I know for a lot of us it's been ten twenty thirty years. School play sports team. Have you ever been in a club or on a team where the coaches like, pecker stuff, get out of here like that?
Speaker 1: Because I remember seeing that happen. Go like, has a woman ever like made you leave your home or something? Because I have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you think about it, I always asked to leave Did you leave house? I was actually not sent home. I was like sent away, like I was told to leave home? Like leave home?
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 1: I have a rule in my house. You you could sleep on the couch. That's not true. We aren't you sleeping in the bushes? One time?
Speaker 2: That is true, but since then here it's very thorny in life. You then little lesson you say I vowed to never sleep on the couch again. I'll never sleep in the bushes again. Let me explain this story. It's very I had an ex girlfriend, not a wife. I just girl like data for a long time.
Speaker 1: You owned the home.
Speaker 2: We owned the house together, but that's probably why she wanted. I made money on the house. Real estate's never a bad decision, Danny J. Unless you lose it all through your ex wife, which I never dit was not a wife. But we had broken up and she had went back to her parents house. So I'm staying in this house by myself. And I was like single again because.
Speaker 1: We had broken up.
Speaker 2: But I was still waiting for the house that we were in to sell in clothes and she called me up in the morning she said, get your ass out of the house, Like what are you talking about. She's like they're doing a showing. The realtor's on their way, and I was like hungover as could be, Danny J. I'm feeling like ass because I'm like single again. I'm like my buddy's like Cavino probably took me out feeding me shots like yeah, you're single again, man. And meanwhile, like nine in the morning, my exes called me like get your ass, get your drug ass out of the house.
Speaker 1: I got the of my house. There's an open house, people are coming. You need to leave. What if you just laid there just in a blank game, You're like, just go around me, go around me.
Speaker 2: So they're showings of this house that I'm also equally like excited to sell, like we gotta get rid of the house. But I'm like hungover. I say, all right, you know what, the showing that the open house is two hours. I'll just walk around the neighborhood for a couple hours and then I'll come back in the open house.
Speaker 3: That'll bring up property value.
Speaker 2: Danny g I was so tired and honestly hungover that I sat down for a minute, like on a corner, dozed off in a neighbor's bush, and someone passed me.
Speaker 1: And they go, are you okay, young man?
Speaker 3: I got something?
Speaker 1: You need a dollar?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, he got, he got, he got kicked out kind of.
Speaker 1: So yeah. So the CP three SEEPE three.
Speaker 2: Is humiliating for for like, it seems like a bad fall from grace. You know, even though he's he's done it all and well not done at all, right, he's not done everything he's wanted to do in the league, not no titles, But.
Speaker 4: How do you feel though about the rumors that Tyron lou is on shaky ground? Obviously if you guys had a guess, I know you don't look at NBA standings every day.
Speaker 2: They're five and sixteen, right, I mean, like how I mean? Am I wrong in saying that they did not start the season bit like their first week or so like they like, it wasn't awful from day one? Was it?
Speaker 4: They had a really bad offseason with all that Kawhi Leonard stuff which somehow got buried.
Speaker 2: But what do I feel like in the very beginning of the season. It's not like they were like zero to five to start the year, like I was trying to look back myself. But yeah, I mean the second worst team in the Western Conference. As our palse Scott Farrell, I'd say you might need to shake it up. Yeah, but players also need to know when they're being detrimental to the organization. You know, when you're overstaying you're welcome. And Lebron's getting some of that criticism right now. We're not saying Lebron's game is done by any means, but he's trying to keep his records and streaks. Intact, we'll talk about that in the business world. Colds stuck around to detriment. Kobe did the same thing, and we get it. You want to honor the legends, but he wasn't.
Speaker 1: I think Kobe and Jeter deserved it, though.
Speaker 2: He wasn't on his team long enough to be pulling that sort of rank, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's also the point too, And this happened to me once at a radio station I worked at previously to Fox, where I was just so negative about the working conditions and everything around. And I realized was that when you were on one oh four point one, the Frog.
Speaker 1: And you would go, I'm Dan Bayer, Ribbit, the ref.
Speaker 6: The coach, I love those the time out it was pullfrog buyer. I should have been put on time out because I realized I was affecting everybody around me. And so if you're the Clippers for as bad as this season is, the last thing that you want is your twenty year old or your twenty year veteran point guard, who by the way, is on the team for a victory tour to then also ruin what is already a bad season for everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I see, But that's the maturity I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Dan Buyer's like Baker Mayfield started out a little like you know, maybe younger.
Speaker 1: Dan Byer was a little just saw on me.
Speaker 6: One day, like all of a sudden, I'm like, gosh, I'm probably making it miserable for all these people or their their views are turning negative because I keep on having that sort of you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, who's gonna realize that? Jan Christopher Paul. Yeah, Christopher is like, yo, I'm done dirty, I'm a legend. This ain't right. CP three doesn't register. Yeah, but that's who he is. Like this is I mean, I was in my mid twenties, you know, and I and so like there's that, there's that portion of it, like this is just Chris Paul hasn't been easy in a lot of places. So if you're just the Clippers, and I'm not saying that they're innocent in all of this, but I just look for what's the constant, and it feels like the constant is Chris Paul. Yeah, I think we're confusing the Clippers with the league, right, Like CP three has done a lot for the league and in the league, but the Clippers are like, yeah, we don't really owe.
Speaker 1: You anything, dude, beat it. You're making things worse around here.
Speaker 3: Rich.
Speaker 2: They sent home in the middle of the night. Well, Dan, it's like being fired in your day off. Dampire's right, though, it's if the common denominator, Danny g You have you ever have a buddy that says every girl psycho or some girl that's like every guy dates, Like, yes, the worst And it's like after like the same story four or five, it's like, yo, dude, you pick the worst women or you you like you lay pal, you go after the worst dudes?
Speaker 1: Why do you want me to tell you? Like, maybe it's a reflection on you. Yeah, yeah, the problem. You're the common denominator. Hey, maybe you're the problem. It's me. Hey.
Speaker 4: In his defense, he did have a couple of spots where he did not have issues. But you know, Dv's right, there's been some things that have followed him through his career. I looked it up for you, Rich. The Clippers started the season four and four he started five hundred.
Speaker 2: You after like a week or so, I remember thinking like every you know, I remember thinking like, oh, they're right there.
Speaker 1: You know why?
Speaker 2: It's my barber, very funny pun intended Clippers. He's one of the few Clipper fans I know. And I remember getting a haircut and being like, yoh man, they're all right, they're hanging in so I was like, they can't be that bad. So you got really bad your thoughts. Did the Clippers owe him anything? No, the league may owe him something. The Clippers don't owe him anything. Is it a bad look, Yes? We established that poorly handled. Yes, we established that. Was he better on Love is Blind?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: We established that there also could be one other thing to this. The Clippers in their own for their own because maybe they knew the season was going to be bad. Danny talked about the Kawhi situation that they're like, let's bring in Chris Paul. Maybe it'll put some cologne over how much this thing stinks, and you know, it'll be a farewell tour or whatever. And then if that's not working out, then they're like, well, why are we even dealing with him anymore?
Speaker 1: When your team stinks.
Speaker 2: You're right, those little things, those little things you could celebrate make up.
Speaker 1: For the fact that just sink smoking mirror.
Speaker 2: And I remember as a Mets fan, I remember Gary Sheffield hit his five hundredth home run as a met and I was at that game because that was a season where there was really not much to cheer about. So sometimes you'll see a team bring on acuse it's like, well, at Lisa's veteral will hit home run number five hundred, or at least like the fair World Farewell Tour might bring in some more butts in the seats.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and to DB's point, to start the season, there were digital ads for the Clippers in season or partial season ticket packages. No more Kawhi Leonard in the you know, the collage of different stars quote unquote stars of place. So right away they were trying to kind of distance himself from that drama.
Speaker 3: So that was a little bit of cologne there.
Speaker 2: Well, is there another team that scoops him up for that colonne in hopes to give fans something because they think so bad like what happens. You don't want to see the career, whether he deserved it or not. At this point, you don't want to see a career end that way. But like I said, we've seen it before.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me that a.
Speaker 2: Rod ending wasn't the weakest, because it was We've seen it before.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 2: Not every ending, you know, is often to the sunset, you know, looking back, I know people like think of the fight world, how many boxers end like on the weakest note. Possibly people like to talk about in Philadelphia how the whole joke was, how long are we going to trust the process and it just never really worked out? Yeah, because it's the Clippers and everyone likes to bust on them already. You ever think about how, for a minute we all thought that the Clippers were going to be like the next power team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean remember one slogan they the stadium.
Speaker 2: There was a year and I'm not the biggest NBA fan, but I certainly remember there was a time where the Brooklyn Nets and the LA Clippers both went all in and everyone everyone thought that the Nets and the Clippers were going to change the stars of those organizations. And I don't know which one is a bigger fail than.
Speaker 6: The New York and LA have new teams, folks, Bye bye Nixon, Lakers, Hello Nets and Clippers.
Speaker 1: That was like the whole vibe.
Speaker 2: It's like, wow, Kevin Durancho's Brooklyn And I remember why that font For a minute, they're in Brooklyn, they're trying to like street graffiti r and I was like, I was like I remember thinking, like, then that's really putting something together here. And in la it was the first time we were like, wow, so co why is with the clippers and interesting and both disasters. I have a question, what's the appropriate way of part ways?
Speaker 1: Then? If it's not working out in the corporate world.
Speaker 2: How many times you see it on TV shows, but also in real life, I think where some guy or some woman's like tomorrow I'll hand in my resignation note and it's never you got fired, it's I love my time at this company, but it's time to part ways. A doctor, a lawyer, a corporate you know, someone on the board usual feeling. Yeah when I when I said yesterday, like I just saw the other day. We work for not only iHeart, but serious exam. Anytime there's an email where it's like CFO or COO or CEO, any of the big dogs like step down, in my mind it's like does anyone really.
Speaker 1: Step away from that type of job or.
Speaker 2: Is it like it's not working out, I'll give you my letter of resignation. There's usually some sort of agreement, I would say in a lot of high profile situations. But it's like the kind way, and I just wonder, well, what's the kind way? Does not always instead of giving them the boot? Was it like what did you say yesterday about Devin Williams and Diaz and certain people. Not every reliever deserves entrance music.
Speaker 1: Did you say that? Yeah? No, I said Mariana Rivera Trevor Hoffin.
Speaker 2: I don't think every reliever deserves bells and whistles when they come out in the knife. Not everydary career ends with a farewell tour, And I don't know who do we see it first?
Speaker 1: With mol Rivera Jeter, I don't know, not.
Speaker 2: Everybody, some of those Yankees and Red Sox having sort of farewell tours like.
Speaker 1: Then it became a thing, right.
Speaker 2: Not everybody gets their farewell tour. Not every career ends that way. And I think we're just like, oh, feeling a little surprised that this one didn't because he already announced his retirement. We knew that it was happening, but I guess it was time. What happens now? And the question we post to you, you got our side?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was he done dirty? Or did he get what he deserved eight seven seven ninety nine, O Fox, we have so much.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. What's next to hit us up with you?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Where does this adventure? Choose your own adventure? Where's Chris Paul going next? And we'll get to all that next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, Quick time out Holiday upgrade check. Are you still watching the games on that old, small, crappy TV. If you are, you're like missing out on so much.
Speaker 1: Of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your TV shouldn't tap out in the red zone. Tcls QM eight K, QD Mini led is the real MVP Ultimate brightness, ultimate black levels for ultimate experience.
Speaker 1: Picture so clear you can almost taste the turf. And it's not just football. Could you know?
Speaker 2: Movies look cinematic, games feel smoother. Everything you watch with the kids with the WiFi, anything just gonna look so much better with the TCL.
Speaker 1: Here's the play Holiday savings off.
Speaker 2: Select TCL TVs go Premium with QM eight K, brilliant picture, huge sound, the ultimate choice. Grab the versatile QM six K for an elevated game day experience and everyone, don't overthink it, just look into it, right now lock in the ultimate savings with epic deals, undeniable bragging rights all season long. Gettwall supplies last TCL, the official TV partner of the NFL. Find TCL at all major retails GCL Bigger, Brighter, Better Holidays, select models, limited time. See all major retailers for details. Thanks again to TCL dot com. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday, Ozzy Osbourne, Happy Heavenly seventy seventh. And this is kind of a Christmas song because we have to play Christmas songs, that crazy train being the Polar Express. You know, I was gonna wonder how you tied it in? I he yeah, a good movie. By the way, it's a fun game. How do we tie in?
Speaker 3: Ozzi?
Speaker 2: Songs into Christmas time. You know, the Prince of Darkness, so and again happy it gets dark like four thirty now, yeah, because it's really dark. It's so weak by the way, I hate that. Can I go off on a tangent just for one second that we'll take the you know, we'll do here's a here's we'll do. We'll take a couple of calls on Chris Paul. I have a thought, we'll go to DB's update. I got it all planned out my head. All right, fine, we're lying from the Fox Sports radio studio. We are Covino and Rich with Danny g and I was saying on the ones and twes, no more waiting. Your goals start now. Cyber Monday deals are still going, So take your workouts around the world with Nordic Track and I Fit save big on treadmills, bikes, d rowers at NordicTrack dot com, Nordic Track train anywhere, Crazy Train anywhere, huh, explore everywhere Rowers. Are you a big fan of the Vinkel vast Wins? I am, Yeah, I got a poster in my room. You absolutely do. All right, let's say what's up to Virginia James. You are on Coveno on Rich your thoughts on Chris Paul? Did he get done dirty or is he just a pain in the ass again? Clippers abruptly booted him mid road trip, boot his retirement tour got axed, and now it's like, now, what what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think he got treated a little unfairly. He's been he's been a star in the game for you know, a good long while. He's had a strong career and as a leader, and I've always heard that his teammates may not be very fond of him, but sometimes leadership is, uh is not a comfortable role. So I don't I think you sort of got a raw deal there. And in comparison with a Rod, you know, I've been watching baseball for years and years, a long long time, and you're really not gonna find I know, he had his controversy, but you're not going to find a finer baseball player talent wise, and a Rod, I mean, right, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think there's a guy that I heard him say this humbly, and I agree with him. A Rod said like, I don't know if there's anyone that's that loves or watches baseball or cares about baseball more than me, And I was like, I believe you. I do believe I believe a Rod might love baseball more than anyone. And by the way, he's the poster boy I was talking to Big Mike, wh runs his place. He really is the who, the poster boy, the epitome, the epitome of someone who just turned it all around, right, the most hated guy now cheater.
Speaker 1: Now we're all liked so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the only comparison I made if you join us is like his career ended abruptly at six ninety six. Uh, Kyle, what's up cal in Vegas? What's up, buddy?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Fella? Was? First off, let me start by saying, I hope y'all had a beautiful weekend. I hope everything was good with your Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Man, Happy holidays. Been you decorate for Christmas yet, Kyle? Or what?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: No, I'm decorating these little low rider RC cars. That's what I'm doing, all right. But to touch base on which I was saying, I don't agree with that last person, I just said that, first off, Chris, you haven't done anything as far as a championship contender. So the diva attitude is. I don't like when people get mixed up with competitiveness with defatness. If you're a diva, you're a diva. And that's exactly what he is. I've met that man at a PGA celebrity tournament and uh, or the Pro the PBA, I'm sorry, PBA, the Pro Bowling Association. Uh, he's not that friendly and he's not that he's not that guy. You should have retired on on on that bandwagon where you got to the finals. You you missed it. And every time he's made it to the to the conference championship games, he's always getting injured. He's always getting hurt. So, no, you don't have room to talk. Sit at the end of the bench. And a lot of these guys, a lot of these guys, they don't understand when they are past that point of retirement.
Speaker 2: It's tough. It's it's tough to know when it's over. And I think Chris Paul and by the way, great call, Kyle. I think Chris Paul. I think that ties into what I said. Wonder how he goes out as the league may owe him something. He's done a lot for the for basketball and Olympic basketball and everything else, but the Clippers don't really owe him anything and if he's rubbing them the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Riva derci baby, Thank you Kyle and Vegas. And speaking of Vegas, as we go to dB for an.
Speaker 2: Update, thank you Trip for the pizza today, goes Trip like the nicest guy. Well, apparently he won on some of your picks, so he bought the whole crew some pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we're gonna go to Vegas one day and Trips could be like, all right, guys, now we pay me and he's gonna want like we're gonna have to like.
Speaker 1: Like sexual favors. Hope not Organs, black market organs. Thanks thanks again to Trip.
Speaker 2: Why don't we talk to dB and you know, wrap up this conversation about CP three whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys, it's not the only news from the NBA today. Chris Paul being like go by the Clippers after clashing with coaches and the possibly other players in front office members, the Bucks and Giannison Detacumpo maybe getting closer to a parting of ways. ESPN reports that the agent for the Bucks forward has initiated conversations about whether Giannis's future should be in Milwaukee, with the report saying a decision is expected within the next few weeks. No Luka Dancic for the Lakers tomorrow ruled out against the Raptors because of personal reasons. Suns Cauard Devin Booker is going to miss about a week in the NFL. Lions wide receiver aman Russ Saint Brown is questionable to play tomorrow against the Cowboys. He has that ankle injury suffered on Thanksgiving Day. Speaking of that game against the Packers, nearly forty eight million viewers tuned into the Packers Lions game that appeared on Fox. That set a record for the most watched NFL regular season game ever, and it lasted for three and a half hours. Because the Chiefs and Cowboys game averaged fifty seven point two million viewers, peaking at sixty one million viewers for the game on CBS, that is now the most watched NFL regular season game ever.
Speaker 1: A couple of.
Speaker 6: Other injury notes, Chargers head coach Jim Harbass is no practice today for Justin Herbert. Remember they got an extra day they played Monday against the Eagles. Harbaugh saying that he's optimistic Herbert can go despite that broken left hand. Brown's opened up the twenty one day practice window for quarterback DeShawn Watson, Bucks did the same for wide receiver Mike Evans. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide through learn to Skate USA. Kids build confident, strength and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learnaskateusa dot com, and some coaching newsing college football, South Florida is hiring Ohio State offensive coordinator Brian Hartline to be their new head coach. Georgia Tech and head football coach Frank Keeve agreed on a new five year deal. Iowas Kirk Ferrence sticking around for season number twenty eight. He'll be back in twenty twenty six, while Louisville and Jeff Brohm are working on an extension. Finally, Kansas State's Chris climb and retiring after seven seasons.
Speaker 3: Guys, back to.
Speaker 1: You, Thank you dB.
Speaker 2: Speaking of college coaching, the Lane Kiffin story has you know, been everywhere the last week or so. I gotta ask you, guys, because I'm hearing Brian Dables name in the mix for a couple of possible coaching jobs. Do you think there's more pressure and more that goes into being a college coach or an NFL coach because we've seen guys try to make the transition each way.
Speaker 1: But like I think the whole recruiting aspect is.
Speaker 2: There was a rumor saying, like what if Mike Tomblins done with the Steelers and like the responsibility in being a college coach?
Speaker 3: Well, and I got all the nil.
Speaker 2: And your louring kids and you're you're recruiting young men and you're teaching him how to play football and be young men.
Speaker 6: Right, there's a lot of pressure there. This was not how it always used to be. But as of late people have said that the pros are more appealing because it's just about football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I imagine you.
Speaker 2: You you almost have to be able to whine and dine and year old kids. You know, Belichick has the energy we talked about that. I remember, like to go and recruit and be that guy.
Speaker 6: And it's even tenfold now because you are recruiting your own guys to even stay because they have the ability to leave. So it's not only recruiting them once you're recruiting them four times to make sure that they'll stay at your school.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere, don't don't take the other the other options, and don't go to the portal. And then in addition to that, because the college football schedule sort of weird with how it lines up when coaches and recruits can do things, then.
Speaker 1: This players like an old miss that thought like I thought I was gonna play for coach Kuffin, and it's like he a jerk for leaving. Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's so many layers that make college correct so tricky, so trick.
Speaker 6: Way too many, way too many hurdles to deal with.
Speaker 1: No doubt, but if you win, you're like a king in that town. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Hey we got more kvine on Rich and I do a deep thought about something I think we should all own. There's something that will enhance your TV watching world in a big way. I got a thought. We'll talk to NFL give away some prizes. A lot coming up here on Covino and Rich, quick timeout, Rich, tell me about what upgrade check? Are you still watching the games on that old small TV, that small television? If you are you're only seeing about half the game. Remember the old TV is like back in the day, like a thirty six in TV was considered big. Now, if you don't have at least a sixty five or seventy five, even eighty five in the big room, how are you watching? Tcls QM eight K, QD Mini led. That's the real MVP, ultimate brightness, ultimate black levels for ultimate experience.
Speaker 1: The picture is so clear, you're watching the game. You could like taste the.
Speaker 2: Turf and is not Yeah, the turf, turf toe, the turf toe.
Speaker 1: It's not just football movies.
Speaker 2: Look, cinematic games feel smoother and yes the in laws will notice.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the play guys.
Speaker 2: Holiday savings on select tcltvs right now. Go premium with that QM EIGHTK, brilliant picture, huge sound, the ultimate choice, or grab the versatile q M six K for the elevated game day experience. Don't overthink it, locking the ultimate experiences with the epic savings and undeniable bragging rights all season long. Get it while supplies last. TCL official TV partner of the NFL. Find TCL at all major retailers. TCL Bigger, brighter, better Holidays select models, limited times. See all major retailers for details. Great one, Sam Covino and Rich Happy Holidays, Iowa Sam on the ones and twos with the Christmas Classics. We're live in the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time for our tire rack play of the Day.
Speaker 1: I'm just stalling because I want to hear this song.
Speaker 2: The vibrato in his voice, there's a line here coming up here we go, ready sleeping.
Speaker 1: What a great song. So it's the tire rack play of the day.
Speaker 2: Rudy Gobert dropped his high as the Timberwolves beat the Pelicans in overtime one forty nine one two.
Speaker 1: Peace mc daniels.
Speaker 9: The rebound, now edwards with it, stakes his way through defender's lots to the ram. Rdey over his head drops it in for two, a season high twenty two points for Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 2: I don't care how many points he scores. I still think of him for starting COVID noe touching on the microphones, but it started at all. As courtesy of KFA and Timberwolves Radio Network, that's our tire rack play of the Day. For over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection, with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 1: So, I think the overhit two geez, I know, I saw that. I was like, what, but yeah, that was over? Please?
Speaker 2: That was an overtime. So there's one banana boat boy left. You remember the Banana boat Boys, Well that's.
Speaker 1: In your algorithm. No no, no, no, no no. That was twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: It was Carmelo, Anthony, Dwayne, Wayne, Chris Paul and Lebron James and they were on vacation riding the banana boat like the besties death.
Speaker 1: They were whatever you wanted to reenact that with me, you, Danny g I was saving spots. I want to be a banana boat boy. So now there's one just hot tub boys?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it really over for Chris Paul?
Speaker 2: And here's my takeaway the more I process and think about it, Yeah, not everybody gets the happy ending.
Speaker 1: I mean you do sometimes you know, pay a little extra.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, what not everybody gets the happy ending in life? Not everybody gets to send off. Not everybody gets the farewell tour that they thought of.
Speaker 1: Slow down to Sean Watson.
Speaker 2: No, but it's true, right, Sometimes a career just d like Mike Tyson's last real fight, Like think of legends. Chris Paul's not like a legend like that. He's had an amazing twenty one year career, no doubt, but he never won. And I hate to say that about the game. And when Mike Tyson lost to Kevin McBride, remember that, I don't got the fighting good He's he stopped midfight, and you're like a lifelong fan, you're a little kid. You're like, oh wait, that's how it ends. Sometimes it just ends. And if you rub people the wrong way, that's on him.
Speaker 3: Know what.
Speaker 2: I thought the best ending was At the time, I thought it was weak, but looking back, memorable and sometimes memorable. Trump's a really amazing moment because unless it's like a game winning hit or your last game, you got a hit. You remember Joey Vada got thrown out of his last game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I remember at the Plant.
Speaker 2: Always a fairy tale ended, and we've gotten accustomed to thinking that it has to be with other players and other farewells and hey, he had twenty one great years.
Speaker 1: That's a long time. I don't know if he can come back from Not everyone.
Speaker 2: Has an oppo line drive hit to right field at Yankee Stadium, like Derek Jeter and a walk off hit. I mean not ever, Unfortunately, not everyone lives that life. Nope, and he bounced around. It's not like, you know he's synonymous, which is one organization where they're like, yeah, bring them back for one. The Clippers didn't know him. That he's sad. But that's just life. So many other thoughts and things to get to on the show today. But let me ask you, does he end up somewhere else or is this it? Like does he say does he reassess and say, man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, because he already said I'm gonna play this season out, It's going to be my final season. I think he would go to another team that he thinks could get to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I mean, like Adam Fieln found the home in the NFL, Chris Paul can't find the home in the NBA. Is there gonna be a team that clearly just for the heck of it would be like yeah, yeah, we'll take you has to be right, I mean, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the losing played into this. Now, obviously there's fault on both sides. As we started the show by saying, but the disturbance, the clash with the front office, that reminds me of how DeVante Adams left my favorite football team, the Raiders. Now it's not a fair comparison. Adam's younger had more, has more in the tank. See what he's doing with the Rams. But the losing compounds things. When you're when you have me Tendon, you're that sort of player.
Speaker 1: No diggity, no doubt. Thank you, Danny G. Thank you Danny G. Real quick.
Speaker 2: I want to throw something out there. This is not a commercial or anything.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: We do great reads. I think we do for TCL. We talk about there seventy five.
Speaker 1: Mike says Jonas Knoxes are better. Mike, Mike's got like a man crush on Jonahs, Like I can't handle that. That's discussion for another day.
Speaker 2: We have TCL as a great partner, all these great TVs. We talk about the Black Friday sale and now the holiday sales. I purchase something and TCL has them, But you don't need to get that one. I just want to throw something out there.
Speaker 1: Inside. I'm gonna push TCL that's.
Speaker 2: Dickey Columbus, Discovery, Oh Jesus, Yoh Spot, Danny Sam, Fox Sports Radio Nation Buyer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna walk out of the room.
Speaker 2: This is what we call Dicky Columbus rich thinking he discovered it.
Speaker 1: You realize these have been around for a long time.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm not saying I discovered it, but if if you want me to want to slim your head against the table, keep.
Speaker 1: Going, Yeah, you have violent man, you know you got anger issues.
Speaker 2: I bought something on Black Friday, and I'm not the only one, because do you see Americans spent twelve billion dollars on Black Friday?
Speaker 1: Dang.
Speaker 2: I know people talking about how uh, I don't know have money to spend. Well, there's a lot of credit cards being swiped. Then I'll tell you that twelve billion dollars a record. Geez, would you buy?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: So billions and billions and billions.
Speaker 3: And billions and billion. You know what.
Speaker 2: I know other people have them, but they're so inexpensive that I was like, you know what, I think I want to get one of these because I roll out the TVs and my tcls for football in the backyard. I bought for less than two hund though, I bought a projector projector what's that?
Speaker 1: Shut up? But nah taking someone's advice a projector saying but what I'm saying tell me more like the ones our teachers used to use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Danny G, Jenny G, what do you think with all the sports fans that listen to our show and everyone that talks about sports all the time, you would think that everyone make sure they have the sweetest seventy five eighty five inch TV to watch their game. No one ever thinks that go in the backyard off like one hundred bucks. You could project the game or a movie, or they just don't talk about it because people are kind of lame. They're not expressive, and not all of us have backyards either. Daddy stacks, that is true. But like my brother in law excuses them for resting events and things like that, and I'm just saying, like it was just it was a you know, a little black Friday purchased, And I'm like, how is no one ever said to me like, I got my projector and it's great so far?
Speaker 1: I watch one thing and I'm like this is cool. So there you go.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got more CNR. Next, Dicky Columbus. Everybody