Speaker 1: You're doing me right. I might have shot the same. Another complimentary wannest there is my fellow Americans, and upside down upside down pineapples. Greetings from the island of Nantucket, off the coast of Massachusetts, not too far from Martha's Vineyard. I think like the more conservative people come to Nantucket and the liberal people go to Martha's Vineyard. But either way, these are very blessed people. It's a gorgeous place to be a lot of I was rainy and cold yesterday and now sunny and beautiful on the island of Nantucket here on this Monday. So much going on. I have run into so many people who all they want to talk about is Amy Griffin. They stopped me in the streets, they pulled me up, they pull up to me at tables. Billy, this is an amazing story. I had lunch with a and her husband who the woman went to the University of Virginia where Amy Griffin went to school. And she's like, oh my God, like everybody's, you know, wondering where this is going. I said, does any of your friends, your UVA people do they believe Amy? Long weird pauses every time that comes up long awkward pauses. The truth is and by the way I understand through you know, you know people connected that she's none too happy with me, and because of mutual people that we know, we're getting blown up on the phone, like what's going on? Stop this hunt? Whatever it is, it's not a hunt. Let me just say this right now again. I have nothing against Amy Griffin. I don't know Amy Griffin. This has nothing to do with Amy Griffin herself, and come up in sir punishment for her. Certainly would never call for the cancelation of anyone, you know, short of a violent rapist or a murderer. You know what I mean. This is about the truth. It's about the truth for three in this case, men whose lives have been upended without due process, without any sort of corroboration. It has to do with you know, actual survivors and their stories being heard and paid attention to. I'm related to one. I've had a long history of being in the support role for someone. And the future of psychedelic assisted therapy. I believe it has the capability to heal the world of its deepest, darkest, most evil secrets. So I really believe in its potential and anything that derails it or miscommunicates on its behalf. I don't take kindly to so anyway. It's peaked my curiosity. There are so many holes, and we will get into it today. It's not the only thing that we're going to talk about, because I understand that there are a lot of people who have reached out like, hey, I don't know anything about this, you know, can you do other stuff too? We love being part of the community. Gotcha. Everything will be accomplished, but you know there is fallout from all of this. I'm going to explain. Was that from English Dick right up there put a comment I believe up that said explain right, explain a little bit about what the situation is, and I think that's what we're going to do here. I'm going to do a little reset. So if there are those who are on the cusp who don't quite understand the significance, you know, of the Amy Griffin story, I'm going to explain it to you. And if you're sort of get it a little bit, this will push you all the way in so you're with us, and if you know nothing, it'll certainly help and maybe pique your interest. And by golly if it doesn't work here and just wait for us to change topics. So look, from what I understand, her friends, her closest friends, a lot of the glitterati, the A list, friends that she has accumulated and acquired. They are holding her hands and telling her we believe you, girl, No, we are with you, girl. But of course they are not saying this publicly. Amy, I share that with you. I've had people in my life ten years ago. You're the best. We love you the world, everyone loves you, and publicly though I just can't right now. It's you know, that's just the way it works. But she is upset. She's blowing up everybody around her to shut me up and get the story off the page. And again, like I said, nobody believes her. Her lawyers are attacking the New York Times right now. They say, there's you know, provable play. The New York Times engaged in foul play. They basically groomed a woman named Joe Lene and turned her into a victim. And I said, you know, I've questioned, well, why not a lawsuit against the New York Times. That's reprehensible. And the word I get back is very much on the table. I would think it's, you know, the primary thing on the table. Anyway, I gather, like I said, it's a bit of a boutique story. At this point, those who are into it, who are consumed by it, get it. There are significant amount of people who don't quite get it yet. They're totally confused or they're a little confused. So let me just reset the table now and then we'll get into some crazy shit that happened over the weekend. Here we go. Amy Griffin is the wife of billionaire investor John Griffin. They live in New York City. They have a beautiful home in the Hamptons. They have a place in New Zealand. He is, you know, a tiger cub. He was one of the great original tiger cubs, which means trained under a guy named Julian Robertson, who made some of these unbelievably successful hedge fund managers, and this guy's one of them. John Griffin is incredibly rich. And when he wrapped up his fund because he made so much money in twenty seventeen, he put some money into Amy's and let Amy go forward with hers firm called G nine. And that's where Amy got to you know, do big things with big money, seating companies like bumble Goop, spanks, you know, female founders. This won Amy over to the A List crowd, especially those who got the investments. They got weak in the knees for Amy's pull for her capital, it wasn't enough. She was big with the Hollywood women's empowerment luncheon crowd, I call him. The general public didn't know her, but you know at the l magazine Women who make a Difference lunch, She's a keynote speaker. She's a massive sponsor of many tables. You know, her followers kind of you know, resembled resembled the A List. You could see a lot of people on there that you know and starr in your favorite series. But you can't really belong to that crowd if all you do is invest your husband's overwhelming wealth in the celebrity crowds ventures, right, you gotta be seen too. You got to have your own platform. She published a memoir called The Tell Okay, a book in March twenty twenty five, and in the book, Amy writes that after undergoing MDMA assisted therapy, which is ecstasy, she recovered memories of being repeatedly graphically graped between the ages of twelve and sixteen by a male teacher at her middle school in Amarillo, Texas. She wrote under the premise that these memories had been buried for decades and only resurfaced, only were resurfaced because of this therapy, remembering that MDMA assisted therapy is not legal outside of clinical trials in America. At this point, her lawyers adjusted her story to indicate that the memories were recovered just before the medicine had kicked in. Okay, gotcha, So readers taking her at her word, the book became a best seller. It was number one hundred and twelve on Oprah's Book Club. Oprah embraced it. It was widely praised by others in the glitterati outside of Oprah. All the yours braves and you're empowering women everywheres came rolling in, and boy, that had to feel good. Then the story took an unexpected turn in September of twenty twenty five, So, six months after the book came out, the New York Times, who had been working on an investigation into it. The New York Times, was asked to review the book to make a book review to sort of spotlight the book. But the writers there were kind of scratching their heads, saying things don't add up. They had another plan, and that was to launch an investigation into the facts of the case, which no one else took the time to do so. In September of twenty twenty five, The Times published a lengthy investigation questioning all kinds of aspects of Amy's memoir. The article raised the possibility that significant portions of Amy's account may overlap with the experiences of another woman from Mammarillo, specifically another woman from her eighth grade class or all middle school class at the same school. That reporting has changed the public conversation around the book, shifting from widespread acclaim and praise to scrutiny and now intense scrutiny. It also led to lawsuits. The other woman from Amarillo is named Joline Altom, and she's a classmate of Amy's from middle school. She filed suit. She alleges that Amy and her ghostwriter Sam Lansky appropriated central elements of her life story and incorporated them into the tell. A judge literally in an hour from now is about to decide if the merits of Joline's case in California against the billionaires Amy Griffin are strong enough to go to trial, she has to show a limited, minimal amount of merit. Amy has categorically denied those allegations and has filed counterclaims of her own. Amy's got a small mountain of problems right now. One nobody really vetted her story. Her, not her lawyers, not the publisher, not the sycophantic little ghost writer who seems desperate to come to Amy's house now that she is hosting the Maajang party. He might have gotten a little swept up. Amy called out her alleged accuser by name in her book proposal to the publishing companies. That spread quickly, and as The New York Times writers were traveling around Amarilla, which is in a very big town two hundred thousand people, but as far as cities go, traveling around knocking on doors, asking about people, and asking about this teacher whose name was revealed in the book proposal. It starts to spread that this teacher is, Oh my gosh, he could be a total violent rapist living amongst us. That spreads quickly in a small ish town, and his reputation is upside down, although nothing has been done. The police have not pursued him, there is no investigation into him, there is no corroboration, so it's just out there like that. He has had no other accusations against him in thirty plus years living in the community of Amarillo. One of the biggest points of confusion involves a character in the book named Claudia. By the way, I told you I'd reached out and discovered the real Claudia. I just reached out again about an hour ago, so I'll tell you what's going on there. But anyway, this woman in the book named Claudia not a close friend of Amy's. Amy's Amy was popular, athletic, pretty, she was rich. Claudia is portrayed in the book is Vulnerable Quiet. Amy recalls lending Claudia for a Cotillion dance, and she writes, the joy I felt to be able to offer Claudia that dress was boundless. But Claudia was someone to whom Amy felt eerily connected, right, like someone she needed to protect, and that they shared a secret. She kept writing, this woman was always on my mind, Claudia, Claudia, I know we are connected somehow. I know we share a secret and of course, underneath it all, it's a dark, dirty, you know, dark secret, one that she leads the reader to believe is connected in these violent grapes and sexual assaults. From childhood. Amy writes that she distinctly remembered seeing the alleged violent pedophile assailant of a middle school teacher, mister Mason she calls him in the book. She alleges remembering seeing mister Mason's hand on Claudia's shoulder in a school hallway. She says that image stayed with her for decades and later took on a significance after recovering her memories through MDMA assistant therapy. In my memory, the dress and Claudia and mister Mason were all linked in some mysterious way I could not explain. She says. What we're learning is that Amy's having a hard time explaining anything that requires corroboration. Several people assumed that Claudia was Joline Altem because of the way she was described in the book to a t It was Joline Altom to many, and those people have written legal testimonies declarations to that effect on Joline's behalf filed as part of her Jane Doe versus Amy Griffin lawsuit that is in California and before the desk this morning today, so it's a big day. Amy Griffin says what Joline alledges is not true. Amy's position is that Claudia is an entirely different person and that the character Claudia in the tell is not based on Joline Altem at all. But Amy cannot produce the woman she says is in fact Claudia because that woman wants to retain her privacy. I have found that woman because of a viewer of hot Mics who led me to it. Was basically someone who said, oh my gosh, this person got a phone call from Amy Griffin, can you believe it? And told me she got a phone call from Amy Griffin, and so it corroborated out that way. I contacted the woman and it's definitely the woman Amy is claiming as Claudia. But I took it from there. I tracked her down. I connected whether it appears keeping her real name anonymous, he's not, you know, is not only beneficial to her privacy, but also to Amy's untethering story. Here I discovered that, you know, this woman was never in Amy's class. She went, you know, the eighth grade class that she talks about. This woman went to a different school entirely. And just over the weekend, I was sent by our hot Mike's viewer and anonymous reporter a yearbook of a different school called Crockett Middle School, and and and there is, uh, there is this person so very interesting anyway, you know, I texted this morning. I've tried to to get her to speak. I wrote a very long text. I said, Hi, Blank, it's Billy Bush again. I've shared your name with nobody. Just desperate to clear up a few things, asking again for a private, off the record conversation. You attended Crockett, It was it Austin? But was it always that school? Do you recall a Joline Altam? Do you remember Joline? What do you what's your take on Amy's Amy Griffin's story altogether? Are these hijacked memories who are based on maybe others still silent recollections. Is any part of it possibly true? This is all on background. If the teacher and I use his real name, if his life deserves to be destroyed, well that is good. But right now he and two other men have had their lives upended by uncorroborated allegations made in either the proposal or the book. Also, I'm personally motivated here. I am deeply related to a survivor who was young when something happened. Psychedelic assisted therapy has saved her life. Anyway, I thought I would try one more time, please forgive me if this is an invasion, And then I got the bubbles back, you know what I mean. I was like, within ten seconds, the bubbles started appearing on my phone like she was responding, and the bubbles were up for like seriously, like eight minutes. I kept checking to see if the message had gone through, and it was still bubbling, still bubbling, like typing, typing, thinking, thinking, typing, and then about eight minutes later, no comment. So she's you know, to which I kind of riff a little bit here and wonder has there been an NDA. I would not be surprised. This is not a fact, not factually reporting, but I think that there. I would not be surprised if some non disclosure agreements have gone out too. I can't imagine the teacher, the teacher who you know, Amy alleges did these violent things to her for four years from the ages of twelve to sixteen. If somehow that guy signed an NDA, it's a very very lucrative one, very very lucrative one. It would be confusing. Again, then there's the volleyball coach who was friends with this alleged assailant of a teacher. I would not be surprised if the volleyball coach had signed one. She's I know her number. I'm going to find out. But maybe maybe there's an NDA here. There's a lot of money. Amy Griffin has an enorm this amount of money, so you know, sending five million or two million or whatever it is, which is life changing money for most people, I don't think would be off the table. That said, there's a judge deciding today, you know, if there's enough merit for Jane Doe versus Amy Griffin and Penguin Random House and Sam Lansky that trial, if there's enough evidence, then am I wrong that we have a lawyer in the chat section here? But doesn't the NDA get ripped up and those don't matter under subpoena? I think so. So we'll see what's gonna happen today. I assume that this case is going to go forward today. The controversy is no longer simply about whether Amy Griffin was violently assaulted over four years in school by this teacher. It's become a broader dispute over memory recovered memories through psychedelic therapy, the accuracy of the memoir, journalistic reporting or lack of journalistic code in reporting, and whether the tell represents you know, Amy Griffin's own experiences or the experiences of someone else entirely, or possibly the combination of the two. Those questions are now being fought in multiple lawsuits, with both sides accusing the other of serious wrongdoing. Judge Richard Fruin is the judge. He's eighty seven years old in Los Angeles Superior Court. He will decide if infliction of emotional distress is on the table invasion of privacy. I believe one hundred percent this case should go forward. Like we said, multiple lives have been ruined based on allegations of the former popular, attractive, wealthy girl in town. She was the self ascribed leader of the class who assumed, presumably because you know who she is now, that people would read her words and accept them just as fact. It wouldn't have to prove anything except you used real names. In places you never should have, and it has upended people's lives. She thought that there would be sympathy and support only, and you got that from Oprah and everyone else until Martha Stewart started asking questions, who, by the way, is her neighbor across the street on Lily Pond Road. I mean just yeah, And then you know, just every reader also is even your friends are reading it going something's not adding up. Not everything's adding up. Though about eighty percent of people in Amarillo, according to a local source, believe that you know, Amy's kind of just misremembering her flat out line. We'll see where this all goes. Another woman has been featured as a vulnerable former classmate from a disadvantaged background with a wounded soul, a kindred spirit to Amy, you know, a girl who needed saving, A woman who Amy suspected was being said like her by the same teacher so central to Amy's courageous story, this Claudia. That woman has been identified like I said by me. She's horrified. She wants nothing to do with this former classmate again, like she didn't even go to the school. We're trying to find out if she went to the school. In a different year and maybe transferred out. She's still anonymous to you because as much as I'd like to present her as evidence, you know, I promise to protect her privacy and I'm going to do that like so many before her and in recent history. Instead of presenting evidence, Amy's counter suing in a federal court, which could bankrupt her accuser in the California case Jane Doe versus Amy, This could bankrupt Joline outem Obviously, Joline, who doesn't have a lot of money, hasn't excellent lawyer working on contingency defending herself in a federal case. She'd have to fund that legal bill herself. There is no contingency for defendants. For the lawyer of defendants. The lawyer representing Joe Lein, though, who likes several others from her life on record in this lawsuit, claims there could not be any other Claudia. So if you have any questions, you know, fire them in here. But that's supposed to get you updated again. There's a judge right now who's going to decide if Jane Doe versus Amy Griffin, where Amy's the defendant, will go forward. And that's today, and it could be a two day hearing, the only thing that Amy maintains is one thing. According to I think they're trying to say, there's a lot of noise out there, but they're going to defend Amy on one thing that she did not steal joe Lene's story. That means they're going out of their way to say, we're not saying something didn't happen to Jolene. I was just saying Amy didn't steal her story. Her lawyers rely heavily for that. On the August twenty twenty one date where they say Amy was interviewed by the Amarillo Police Department department Sergeant Gordon Eatley, remember, and a lawyer, a local lawyer for Amy before this interview said hey, don't bring up MDMA and don't mention the last time you were sayed or graped was at sixteen years old. That's too late. Leave out the sixteen. Keep it at twelve thirteen, and don't mention MDMA. So she did this interview with this guy, the sergeant, and left out those details, later adding in the last time was sixteen, but Amy's so her lawyers are heavily relying on that piece. Amy's team says, how could dominic Price or whoever was you know. Joline alleges called her under that name to glean private assault details from her life on the phone in April twenty twenty two that were already on the record with police in August twenty twenty one. Amy's defense is saying it doesn't add up. She told a cop what happened to her in August twenty twenty one, so anything she told you know that Joline shared it was already out there with the Amarillo police. So she couldn't have stolen Joleane's memories because the short Joline hadn't shared her memories until April of twenty twenty two, allegedly, when some phony called up and said, my name is Dominic Price, I'm a talent agent. I'd like to maybe make a story about your life and get all of her details. One would have to assume that Amy didn't know them for this to work. Would have to assume that Amy didn't know these details all her life. William Jennings Bryan is one of the people who had tested in Joline's on her behalf. He was the boy that took her to the dance in eighth grade. Now a man, he attested in the day that in the day, other kids knew, other kids knew what was what was going on, and they were gossiping about what had happened. And when he took Joline, she came back from disappearing with the teacher and she was tussled and she later told him what had happened. And I think at that point kids don't just keep things to themselves. So the whole in order for Amy to have this I'm already on the record in August twenty twenty one, be you know, Bedrock. You have to assume that no kids were talking about this for years and years. Makes more sense to me to think that when kids hear of something terrible happening to a student at the hands of a teacher and it's all shrouded in darkness, they make up their own stories and they talk a lot, and they don't have a place to, you know, to synthesize it in a safe environment, So anything can So you know, the question is what has this stuff been out there for a long time? And Amy Griffin, you know, made that experience hers again, not the girl living in the children's home, the Foster Home, but the wealthiest girl in town. Who, according to my local source, whose parents were helicopter parents, picked her up ten minutes early. To everything, she was very well cared for and parented. That they didn't know anything, you know is also hard to hard to swallow. So we're left with either both Amy and Joline suffered the same experiences with two different alleged assailants, same almost like minded, detailed experience, two different assailants, or Jolene misremembered maybe Joline Jane Doe misremembered her assailant and it actually was the same teacher as the one Amy has pinpointed. Or Third, finally, the New York Times, you know, as Amy's lawyers believe, filled Joline's head, and that really Joline's a fraud or a vulnerable woman who had facts filled in her head by Katie Rossman and Liz Egan, the two reporters from the New York Times. I think that's a stretch. I talked to a guy five minutes but before we went on the went on here live, and he is a lawyer and a judge from the Las Vegas area. He knows Jolene. They are social friends as well. He's known her for eight years. He I just said to him, listen, and Harry Harry led me to him. Harry, you know, producer Harry there lives in Vegas, and he gave me his name, and so I talked to him and I just said, look, you know, is this a serious person? Are you from your you know? She said, absolutely, We're social friends. She's not some kind of quack. Joline is not some quack who's just coming for money. I said, Okay, now I don't know the guy. Harry knows the guy, but you know, I at least needed to hear that. Also, the viewer of mine, the hot MIC's viewer who led me to the person Amy says is the real Claudia in her book, has actually sent more information her class yearbook from the school that she did attend in eighth grade. And yeah, like I said, it was a different school. So here we are on the day of the hearing again. As I said, Amy thinks I'm out together her, I'm not. You just can't blow up people's lives without evidence or corroboration, no due process, claim things about a breakthrough method of Trauma Recovery MDMA and jeopardize its promise in the process sell tons of books be the keynote speaker at every survivor conference because of all of it, while someone with sworn testimony on her behalf gets shoved into a manhole. Maybe something happened, maybe something, maybe something did happen, and of lives. You know, we're not torched along the way. It would be very easy to walk away at this point. I hope there's a good ending here. And again I'm getting feedback to Winter who saw a five star weekend with Jennifer Garner. So we had to go to Crewe, which is the fancy lunch place right on the dock there in Nantucket. We went to Crewe, and of course it's everybody's comes over, and there I get a lot of people circling and some former UVA people, and you know, people who say, no, we were friends. We were friends, But nobody believes the story, nobody, even the ones who are super close, because they're given nothing. They're given nothing concrete to say that this woman's a quack, to say the New York Times is full of shit and is acting nefariously, to say emphatically, you know that these people are all a conspiracy and they're writing declarations and testimonies on behalf of this woman, Joline, because they're all trying to take down Amy for money, all these possibilities that Amy wants people to believe, you have to give them something, something, so all these people also believe Billy, have you talked to James in the books as Sunshine in the chat section, Sunshine, I have not talked to James. I've texted James three times. I believe you know, I have his real name, and he has not gotten back to me. I think he wants out of them. Maybe there's Indy and you know, an Nda there, or just you know, if anyone knows him, please feel free to tell him that I'm a man of my word and I will keep his name anonymous in our conversation totally private. There is a prevailing wisdom here that Amy the money will save her in the long run, that it may all just go away, that the female founder need her, the powerful female founders need her, and they need her money and it will go away, and that ultimately, you know, because of her wealth and connections, it'll just be one of those weird things that isn't talked about anymore. I can't, you know the best for this trial, it should end in a settlement is what I think. I don't think there's any way to prove. And if Amy settles with Jolene, you know, her off ramp is. I don't want to splice through this. I definitely maintain this is my story. Give NDAs and pay people everywhere, and just walk away. Pay Joline heavily, donate to her cause, the Father's Ranch, which is the home for children of adult sexual abuse. Donate heavily there because that's in everybody's interest, and then just walk away. But we shall see again. I'm going to be on a plane in about an hour and a half. I'll be paying attention throughout the day to what's going on in the hearing. If it's a one day job, could be a two day job. But we will pop right into social media. We'll pop back on YouTube if we can. When that comes down anyway, we'll share it. We'll change gears. Questions though, if you have them, anybody anything, what do you Harry? Keep an eye out for anybody who wants to know. Martha is the only one with the balls, says Jackie. That's why Snoop loves her. Martha gets ghetto on Griffin. Martha saw right through. Martha was just like, wait, you didn't tell anyone, hold on, you didn't. And that's another fishy thing, is that, Jackie. That interview that Martha did on her podcast with Amy was scrubbed from the internet. I can't imagine where it was, because the biggest reveal in that inner views when Martha Stewart said, wait, this happened at school, she said, yeah, only on school grounds. That's why no one at home knew. And then she said only in the bathroom. Of course, in the book she was sayed and graped in the classroom, the locker room, the bathroom, under the bleachers, and in the tennis center. So we left out, you know, telling Martha it was only the bathroom. I mean, that's not a mistake. It just seems like I don't think she had any idea that any people that so many people would be asking questions. I think she was just assumed that they would be like, oh my god, you're so courageous. Please Billy, get to the bottom of this story and show Amy for who she is. Well, I you know, here's the other thing. You know, everybody I speak to says she's so nice, a nice person, and then you of course, say to yourself, well, how can she be a nice person. A nice person doesn't make up something like this to elevate her fame. If you believe that about her, I get it, you know, but do you have room for any nuance where she believes this stuff? She believes this happened to her, and in that case, she's pulling her hair out, going crazy because she's like, oh my god, this is my story. And sometimes, you know, out of self preservation, people need certain things to be true. That may be the case as well, but again some type of core. I think the lawyers for Amy are battling on one thing only, and that is we didn't steal the story. They're kind of getting away from this teacher whom we know who he is, did this to me. The guy would be if everyone believed that that guy would be arrested right now and watching all this from behind bars in Amarillo. But he's not. He's mowing his lawn. So obviously the doubt is heavy. Okay, here the trial should end with a public stoning. Jackie, that's too much. We're not stoning anybody here. We're not stoning anyone, Tanya says. Let's see, I know an Amy Griffin, an actress and choreographer, and I feel badly that she shares the same name. Oh no, yeah, that happens absolutely all right. Well, just a quick little change of topic here before we roll things up. How about Ryan Reynolds. It looks like Ryan Reynolds is going to emerge unscathed from the assassination attempt on Justin Baldoni. Hello, what Blake? Not so much? But Ryan, I mean, he hasn't waited very long. He's already, you know, back in his deadpool tiny whities and and costume. Check this out here he is at the comic Con trying to get in this dive with.
Speaker 2: The swords and stuff. I was sad that you had her may milk. Maybe can we get him a microphone? We get a microphone?
Speaker 1: I have one, I have one. Hello. And then he goes on to play a little cat and mouse and says, so this is the cast for Avengers Doomsday? And they say, yes, it is. We filmed, and he says, is there any room for additional photography? Oh? In the Marvel universe goes crazy that maybe Ryan Reynolds will be making a cameo in the forthcoming Avengers Doomsday and then Ryan has also announced that there will be another Deadpool movies, so he comes out of this likely. Many people said, I think that Deadpool is bigger than the shame of what he did trying to take down Justin Baldoni and mistreating his agents and all those things. Hollywood is about the money first, and if Deadpool, they've probably done all the research they need to, and that Deadpool fans probably don't even know who he's married to. They're just nerded out and they're psyched about a new Deadpool movie. And it looks like Ryan Reynolds will roll right on through all of this. Blake, I don't think so. Blake's gonna struggle, and that she'll their resentment will build up for her husband quietly, even though he was there for her and did unspeakably awful things on her behalf, She's still gonna suffer in the career game. And of course I did share my idea that maybe Amy Griffin thought The Tell would be an amazing movie. However, I think it's the fallout from The Tell and the legal lawsuits from Joelene and Jane Doe and all this stuff that is now the more compelling story about to tell and in that movie. I think Blake has a perfectly good comeback role in Amy Griffin. She could play Amy Griffin. They have so much in common, tall blondes who have gotten themselves into hot water and didn't listen to the smarter voices around them saying don't do this. Coleman Domingo is firing back at Elon Musk for planning to make an AI version of the Odyssey. Has anyone seen the Odyssey? Elon Musk had said he's gonna make the Odyssey, but make it historically accurate, right, No, Black goddesses say basically, Coleman Domingo said, by historically accurate, Elon means whiter than Christmas at Cracker Barrel. Of course, this is all because Elon and his musketeers are upset about the diversity casting of the Odyssey. And I don't want to get technical here, but you can't make a historically accurate version of something that's totally made the fuck up, says Coleman Domingo. Yeah, it's it's mythology. So I mean, how do we get accurate on that? Do the diversity efforts offend you? We all have seen the show where a person of color has been wedged into a certain character we've seen, you know, and you know they're going out of their way to do it. Does it ruin the rest of the experience for you even when you know it, or is it one of those things that doesn't amount to enough or it's like I get it. You know, it's like every commercial you see, it's like the you know, you got the Asian wife, you know, with the black husband and the kids and the thing, and then the friend comes over and every group is represented. Is that initiative in casting, in the advertising, in film, you know, business irritate you? Or is it like, yeah, there are marginalized groups that you know, this means a lot too. And even though it's forced, it's not enough to really offend me. And if you really want to get you know, technical, I'll say the one that irks me a little is I mean they cast Ellen Page as Achilles. Okay, Achilles is definitely a mythological character, okay, but a real warrior and Ellen Page is is a transactor who you know, was a woman and is being painted as a great warrior and can barely you know, run with the equipment on. It's you know, one hundred and five pound person with ripped abs now and the whole thing. But as Achilles, I think good that if the story doesn't suffer, I say, do whatever you want to include people, even if it goes off script in some way, like who cares, you know, if those are groups are benefiting from it, you know, okay, But the idea that a warrior is one hundred and five pound former woman, it's just then it's only the message. Then it's wocism for the sake of wokeism only, and the story suffers. And that's where it just seems like maybe there's a different part instead of the great you know, the greatest warrior. Let's talk quickly about the President's obsession with Caitlyn Collins. What she won an award for Excellence in Presidential News at the White House Correspondence Then are on Friday, Caitlyn Collins of CNN. She's a pretty stalwart reporter. She asked stone cold, straight faced questions. The President got very mad at her for not smiling more. He wants her to smile because she's got a great job and she makes a lot of money, and so he kind.
Speaker 3: Of personally congratulate CNN's Caitlyn Collins on receiving her award.
Speaker 1: It's all about me. It's a fake.
Speaker 3: She shouldn't get the award. It was a fake, but I didn't mind. I said, Caitlyn, congratulations.
Speaker 1: This is after he shook her hand. You know, she got the award. She came up, he shook her hand. It was very nice, and she sat back down and then it came time for him to give his speech, and after looking her in the eye and shaking her hand.
Speaker 3: But it was fake, there's no question about it. But she's a young, attractive woman.
Speaker 1: Look at the guy right there. You see the eyes of the guy sitting right behind ca Caitlyn, I paused it perfectly. Look at his eyes? Is he not representing everybody right now? Like, oh my god, is this weird? Look at Wolf Blitzer sitting in the opposite side of some woman who's in the middle of he and Caitlin the dude behind like all you could hear a pin drop in the room. It was so uncomfortable. I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 3: When she never smiles, I said, Kaitlyn, do you ever smile? Smile?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you who else never smiles. I'll tell you who also never smiles. Milania, your wife never smiles. She scowls and squints and scowls, but she does not smile. Very rarely does she smile. You, sir, don't smile. Ivanka has difficulties smiling. But you know the fact that you think Caitlyn should be smiling because she's making money and having the in the luxury of working with you. Yeah, okay, there's a playful way to do that, right, Smile. Come on, it's just you and me. I know you're never smiling in me. Leave it alone at that point then, however, I don't know if you want to blame it on the joke writer, but I think you have to. Unfortunately, the buck stops with the man who delivered the speech. He went on to say that, you know, the speech writer, no matter what, needs to be fired, that guy who wrote Trump's speech was writing three four year old jokes. Going back to the well on old grievances. Donald Trump is so charming and funny when he's self effacing. At the beginning of his speech at the Correspondence dinner was great. He was like, oh my god, him in a room. You people don't like me or all daggers at me, and ah, it's very engaging, right, there's a lot of magnetism warms people to him when it turns to the grievances, the long held grievances, the twenty and twenty election, Barack Hussein Obama, all these things. And you know the fun that he made. You know, he made fun of Trump at a White House correspondence dinner way back in twenty fourteen or fifteen, and you know he won't let that go. That's the stuff, the personal insults. Chris Christie is fat, and he and Jerry Nadler, the congressman who's overweight, you know they're gonna have to fight and the next UFC fight over a piece of cheesecake, he said on the front lawn. And Adam Schiff is a terrible, terrible senator. He's a horrible guy. He's got a big watermelon head. And you know that all that eighth grade you know whatever s kindergarten recess bullying does not work. And it just was uncomfortable. And the amazing the stunning thing was is he didn't He has no sense, He has no shame, right, so he doesn't like that feeling we all get if we're like out over our skis and saying the wrong thing, and we kind of flush a little bit red and we get like, ooh, this isn't good, and then you try to find your way out of it. He's just like a pig and shit, and he keeps going and he tells this you know, old joke, I guess written by the joke writer that Caitlin Collins, you know, had a sponsorship from bud Light until they realized, you know, that she was actually Dylan Molvaney. I think that's what the joke was numbered, the Dylan Molvany. And so he doubles down the next day even after isn't there anybody in the White House who said, don't do this. It did not go well. Nobody liked the joke, and there he is putting up Caitlin Collins as Dylan Molvny. Now, of course there will be some people in Maga land who were gonna, we're gonna think that's funny, but I think it's small. Even the people that like his policies, that thanked Donald Trump and are grateful for Donald Trump because he closed the border, because he smashed you know, wokeism with a hammer, that he's deregulated and opened, you know, markets, and they'll overlook the other things. They'll overlook things because of the good things. Even those people don't like the personal insults, calling people fat, calling them watermelon head, and and you know, calling Caitlyn Collins trans She say, by all accounts, great looking woman who's very smart, does a great job. I like her. I find that she's got I mean, she's got stones proverbial figurative stones. She stands in there and holds the president's feet to the fire and doesn't do it in a performative way like her predecessor Jim Acosta. That guy was you know, acting, he was performing for himself. Caitlyn Collins I never get the sense is like, ooh, this is going to be a viral moment. Here I go standing up to the president and being almost rude, like Jim Acosta was rude. Caitlyn Collins is just solid, stays to herself, does her job. She deserved the award. Congratulations to her. And by the way, if she wasn't smiling, then she should be smiling now because basically Donald Trump lionized her that night. I hope it's a contract year for Caitlyn Collins. She's going to make a shit ton of money in her next deal. She's already making a lot of money, I'm sure. As the White House correspondent and also source of you know, host of the source that she does her nighttime show. He lionized her. He just made her even more famous than she was. So if she wasn't smiling, she is now. Okay, that's it for us, guys. I got a race to the airport, get on a plane heading back to Maine. I love you. See it on Wednesday. We'll love updates. We're checking on the hearing for Amy Griffin, what the judge says, to see if Joelene Altam's case against her is going forward. Have the best day on this Monday. Okay, love you, ta ta oh hit subscribe. You're doing me right night Sharp. That's insane. Another complimentary