Speaker 1: H word with me here.
Speaker 2: You know, BT know how it goes, shout out oct no real color what we see, whole game read the butler blo something. But you can't stand on their own sit I already know you can't with me because up with the squad of me, they get a little they called me.
Speaker 3: Heer. Hello, Baller Alert, Welcome to The Baller Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to like, subscribe to share YouTube page one hundred thousand subscribers in oh I go by the name of Ferrari Simmons. I go over to name you know, Big t T with that funny Marco in the building.
Speaker 1: Y'all say, Marco, just Marco is Marco? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Change your name?
Speaker 1: Yeah just now? Yeah, you know I'm one of your friends that changed their name to.
Speaker 3: Okay, so wait, is it your Instagram still funny Marco?
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all don't have Sean Moss money yet. You gotta pay for that ship.
Speaker 3: Okay, you definitely do it. Yeah, but eventually it's just going to be Marco.
Speaker 1: I mean it's that now.
Speaker 3: Okay, your name is your real name, Marco driver's license mark, Yeah it is. I got a long name or is it like Jamarco tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Jo Marco is crazy love Marco? If I was Jamarco, phone on silence, those.
Speaker 3: Noises are just man. How many phones do you have?
Speaker 1: I got I'll be keeping up with content and then the other phone as far my kids got?
Speaker 3: How many kids you got? You got to count? How do you have to ask you?
Speaker 1: Because there's one I'm trying I'm working on. I'm working with to see if he were trying to work it out, if he's yours. Yeah, we're trying to see.
Speaker 3: If yeah, are you doing a DNA test? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't want to take blead from no kid, so they could just do the little Okay. So I'm trying to see if he athletic. I'm trying to see what he can do before I can find that out.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to see if he gonna be something.
Speaker 3: When did you find out about him ship like last year?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is accurate?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, this is not a joke, right, that's Nothing's really a joke. That's what's crazy.
Speaker 3: So where where where is funny Marco from?
Speaker 1: Marco is from Kansas City? Where is Marco from It's from kans City, Missouri.
Speaker 3: Kansa City, Missouri. And then what brought you to Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Uh? A random guy hit me up and said don Needa manager and I was like, yeah, he was like, fly to Atlanta And.
Speaker 3: Is it because of the videos you were putting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it. Ray Daniels, No I met Ray Daniels was his sid? No his name he was actually he actually connected to side okay eighteen, so he connected to him.
Speaker 3: So, okay, side Side is a music executive. Yeah, he has a label eighteen ninety eighteen ninety five, eighteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See that's what that's that's why you should just let it, let it. He wrote, what year was this?
Speaker 1: That's twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: That's what I met you when when you first when you first moved here.
Speaker 1: Yeah I remember, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's so funny because you're really kind of the same person. Like I think I think you had like maybe like five thousand follows and I think so I was like, Yo, this this guy, like he's gonna be he's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Big, Like where'd you get five thousand from? When I met your sl I was definitely.
Speaker 3: Up really, so he had. He basically said he had way more than five thousands.
Speaker 1: Sucked up, bro, When I came down to Atlanta, I think I had at least a hundred k.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, damn bro, you gay even took a he wasn subtracted ninety five thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't listen, and I was gonna let him shit on me. But I was like, I can can I say?
Speaker 3: Can I say?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay? So one hundred thousand it's still good.
Speaker 1: But you I mean, just saying the number is you said five one hundred thousand, is like to say that one hundred k sound better?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, one hundred. But I'm thinking, like I really met you when like you really first moved here. And they was like, yo, he's gonna be okay. So he's saying he met me when I wasn't ship.
Speaker 1: I get it. Oh, And I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't say that because that's still lank shit.
Speaker 3: Okay. So would you say your first big video was the Kansas City first?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Where was it?
Speaker 1: My first big video was me fighting the air when I was acting blind Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Oh, stop doing that character.
Speaker 1: I want to put it in the movie. I just didn't want to do it on older people no more because I didn't want to catch a stroke.
Speaker 4: Yo, man, that seriously, that's how you felt, right, Yeah, that was my favorite Careac.
Speaker 1: That's a blimer, I remember because.
Speaker 3: It was scaring them and shocking them. You don't want to.
Speaker 4: Because you would just walk up in Walmart next to somebody and be like and just started fighting the air.
Speaker 3: That shit was still funny though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember. I remember doing that video and it was a Sunday in Kansas City, Chiefs's playing and we were losing. And I post that video Sunday like twelve, and I went to sleep and I just woke up and like rod Star posted it, and it was like everywhere, and shave Room posted it because you know, they don't post pranks, so it's crazy for you want to post that, and it just like went up and then from there instantly I was like, I gotta go get more. So every time I will go viral, I was like, I gotta get more. I never really sit in the moment like, oh on viral, I'm like, oh damn, if they like that, I gotta give them something that's to like. So it's like a gifting the courage because I never enjoy the moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, you kind of really can't in this moment because it's like with the internet, it's like as soon as the next day is over, yeah, and then you gotta come up.
Speaker 1: But you got to think about it. Some people like do because when you get that attention, you just like it's like even people with rap songs, they go crazy and then you can perform a song over and over and over and they love it and it's just like, you know what I'm saying. They want that, but you have to shift away from it, like that's the thing. Like you gotta tell them like, no, I gotta do this, and then they don't like because when I left Walmart, people used to be like, go back to Walmart, Like this shit that you're doing is boring. So I used to question themselves like damn, so I get what they want, but eventually I got so far away from it they accepted.
Speaker 3: Now your comedy is so different. How do you describe your style?
Speaker 1: I really like that Chappelle Okay, so like how he and how he says stuff and it come to life. So I feel like that it's kind of like mine opening mind. I feel like my type is like I'm a comedian Kanye West. If Kanye West was a comedian, he'd be like me, where you just do ship and try it and if it work out, workout.
Speaker 3: But that's what you do. You kind of just be trying ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I I but I visualize it. I like filmingly god, so you know, I feel a God say something and to go to the scene. That's how I look at stuff. Okay, go to it like okay, damn, like a blind character. I was actually done. Uh, I was done doing videos for a minute. And then that dude, I wonder y'all probably know him. I forgot his name, but he used to do cars in videos in a car with his sister and they used to go viral. They like skin him and I reached out to him. He was like, bro, just do that like video one more time because I was done doing it and then they went crazy. So it's crazy how stuff.
Speaker 3: Playing the job application ones are hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yo.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you a question. So a lot of people pranks online are fake. Are any of your stuff has.
Speaker 1: Ever been like scripted or moments I have to put somebody on. So if it was a business or somebody that could actually entertain I would do it. So it was very limited because people can't act. So if you had a business and you can act and we can exchange something, I do it. Like, let's make it make sense because at the end of the day, it's entertainment. Funny, it's funny. We'll go see a scary movie knowing that it's fake, but it's still scared us because it's good. But we know if it's like, okay, we've seen some trash scary movies like that ain't real blood like make us believe it. So there's been times that I can work with somebody to put them on and make it make sense. Like what I'm saying. It was a lot of black owned restaurants that I did. It was what's the restaurant I think up there by the airport? No, no, no, no, that was a star wrestaurant, the fun But I did a job interview with him, but he handled it so dope, and a lot of people it went by wrong Facebook and a lot of people was flying in to go meet the.
Speaker 3: Risk cause it's like we like how you Oh that's dope?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was kind of like I was teamed up with restaurants in Atlanta to put spotlights on them and do an interview as like if they don't know me, But it was entertainment to make it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I definitely enjoy all of all of your content. And I think I say, what video when when you were like when you walked into the business and you started telling them what.
Speaker 1: They do and that you were that Yeah, that was really like, yeah that was funny. Yeah, I was like, no way, this is real. It's energy. I feel like when you start, when you do something, you just make it feel believable. Like somebody can come here and say I'm the boss. If they give boss energy, like we got to wrap this shit up, They're not, they don't believe them. It's kind of like the police, like they're in character, like they still like us, but in that uniform. They have to be that person like your mom and dad. So it's really selling that character that you have to stand on, Like okay, when I'm in this and like energy is really everything, you know what I'm saying. So that's it really controlling your energy level.
Speaker 3: Who inspired you to be a comedian? Like is that a dream that you've always had.
Speaker 1: No, Actually I was, I really I remember just being I don't know. I had a lot of jobs. I have worked so many jobs, and I was finessing on my I used.
Speaker 3: To live with the inspiration behind a lot of the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just worked a lot of jobs. Used to because my I used to. My cousin had a resume and it was good, and I was like, let me use that motherfucker and he gave it to me and I used it. And I remember sitting in an interview and they asked me how long have I been in the army and I was like, I ain't in the army.
Speaker 3: And he was like, this would have said a resident.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just love how you just paused for the effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 3: You're You're good. He's not done with the story.
Speaker 1: You don't care to hear it.
Speaker 5: I was trying to understand. I thought the other jobs that you had, you know, and what led to being a comedian.
Speaker 1: But what makes a comedian? Because that's why I want to understand too. Y'all can teach me because I don't. Somebody makes you laugh because I'm trying to. Is this stand up not doing stand up, because that's what I want to know to the definition of comedian because or is what you're.
Speaker 3: Trying to do? Are you trying to be an actor? Or like what is your end goal?
Speaker 1: I say entertainer, entertainertaining people got you in a way of funniness, you know what I'm saying. So I really don't know what a comedian is because it's like, you know what I'm saying, Some people hit the stage and they're like, you got to hit the stage. So what about the people that do movies? If Kevin Hart just did the movies and never did stand up, will he be a comedian? What if he just did the stand up and never did the movies, is he still a comedian or so? I don't know. That's what I'm saying. Y'all can enlighten me.
Speaker 3: I think a comedian now you don't have to be in one dimension like where you're at. I wouldn't consider you just a comedian either. I would consider it's kind of like an artist. That's you know, they don't rap or sing, or they may sound like they sing, but they don't. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, he would be an artist rapper to me, you know what I'm saying, kind of like you, you're an entertainer like an actor.
Speaker 1: He's the actor.
Speaker 3: I don't know an actor is acting. I don't think you're acting.
Speaker 1: I think if you do your talent for acting in that moment, if you think about it, because if I'm doing stand up, I have to act in stand playing a role.
Speaker 3: I think that's why a lot of a lot of people that are.
Speaker 4: Comedians do well as far as, like, you know, playing a character in movies, because essentially, when you're making people laugh, you have to get into a character mode and figure out what audience that you're going to be able to entertain.
Speaker 1: It's not I feel like it's not that easy though, to throw you in a movie because you have to still be used to stick to the strip, actually enter like I'm with somebody dry, how can I be me? And That's what I was just talked about. Now I'm asked you this question too, because I asked my boy which duo do you feel like it's better? Ice Cube and Mike Epps, and he got all about the Benjamin's that got Friday? Or would I take Martin and Will Smith are bad boys?
Speaker 3: I would say, damn, Which duo for what what'd you take? Like just here for like series Will Smith?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like I'm saying if you compare the movies all like Bad Boys to versus Friday at the next, it's that funnier than that. Yeah, fun with them together.
Speaker 3: I'm taking ice Cube, man, I'm going yeah if I want to laugh, Yeah, but if I want to, do you feel like Will Smith and them to make you laugh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Not as much as Mike Epps. It was a different type of two different type of movies too.
Speaker 1: All about them, I mean all about the Benjamin's was like a cop movie though with them to teaming.
Speaker 3: Up, it was still funny. Though my apps is just funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that Martins is not I mean, like Mike is better than Martin.
Speaker 3: He's more comical, Like I'm going to make you laugh, Marin Lawrence is more of an actor, a better actor in a movie, and then he's gonna make.
Speaker 1: You last Smith versus ice Cube.
Speaker 3: I'm going ice Cube. Will Smith is a better actor to me though, Yeah, I mean Will Smith is definitely a better actor.
Speaker 1: And he you know, he got I realized ice Q plays the same character in all his movies. It really does he's like he's like the angry games his uncle. He's just like not even gains. He's like the uncle, the grumpy uncle, like he was mad at him in high school. He's mad at But I feel like that's an ice Q Bills in real life? Right, But did that make him an actor? That's just playing him all the time, like he can't do nothing else.
Speaker 3: But we can also go back to questions. We can also go back to some of like.
Speaker 1: Will Smith is an actor because Will Smith can dub everything as a But if I just stay this character and they put me in this, am I being myself in every movie? Or my actor cannot be in here and be a serious person and do that Like Kevin Hart, he's doing serious movies now because he wanted to be.
Speaker 4: Now, that's what That's what I was gonna bring up because I said Kevin Hart was getting like everybody was like, man, Kevin Hart is Kevin Hard in every movie.
Speaker 5: But to go back to you know, if you're if you're a comedian, I feel like a comedian simply just tells jokes on stage, like I don't know the definition of it, but you know, everybody's style of comedy is different. And I don't like you said take the Funny Office, just Marco. Is that because you're trying to go into acting and a lot of actors do go into two movies into acting. It seems like the natural step for them, and it seemed like that could be a natural step for you. What type of movies would you want to see yourself doing? Would you want to be a serious actor, funny or just be.
Speaker 1: I say both all because I like a challenge, so I want to, like, you know, put my goal to doing it. So it's a challenge to it in now. As much as you feel like you doing something right, the people will always let you know. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, you still can't believe in yourself. Don't put you down, but numbers don't lie. Like I'm not gonna pick you up again and put a mean dollars into you if you're not bringing a million back to me. So then at that point you just got to go do it yourself, you know what I'm saying. So I just feel like I'll be open to the challenge. What inspired you to start your show? Mmmm, that's a good thing. Honestly, I had been doing it on the street. So I used to interview people on the street and I called it cornbread TV. And it was really like around COVID time, I was like running out of idea. I'm like, I don't want to run up on people. But then I'm like, I remember getting the mic and I was talking to people, tell us how you feel about the vaccine, like, and then I used to put the mic in the head and shit, so I was doing different stuff into it. But then I started realizing that was funny. So then when the network reached out to me, they wanted me to do a podcastwork breakbe When they reached out to me, they wanted to do a podcast, and I was just like everybody doing it, you know what I'm saying, Like I just don't want to just sit in front of mic, like, let you know. So I actually developed a show together. Me and them did that and it was like, okay, we got the show for you, and then it was just kind of like it didn't go ass playing and then I'm like, okay, I got something I been doing, let us do this. So I remember sitting down with Boosy and then it just took off because I know Boosy. I was like, well, market, I gotta sit down with Boozy, just give me him. It's gonna take off. And then we did him and then it was just kind of like that because I didn't want to do a podcast, like you know, how did you develop.
Speaker 3: That style where you just stare and then it's just awkward.
Speaker 1: The care I've been doing it for a long time because I used to steal a lot from people, and I used to help them find their shit, and I gotta look serious. So I used to be a thief, but like a cheap thief. I wasn't like money thief.
Speaker 3: I probably like you was like you was like the cousin that'll come over your house. Yeah, somebody be like, damn, I left twenty dollars on twenty Probably I'll take twenty dollars. Yea, I will take twenty cause that ain't shit, right, that's what money. I wouldn't But like I had when I grew up, my grandma raised meeple. My cousin had everything at my grandma. So I used to take like the toys, shoes in, Oh god, I like used to take it Jordan's in, like damn, I don't know where it's at. Indeed, is so I used to be like a I used to borrow it though, you know, so I wouldn't like a thief th all you like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I used to, like I say, everybody, I think everybody has has a cousin, like like yeah that had that was up.
Speaker 3: He was up, Yeah, like IM about to go with my rich and put the JS on like you had to keep it straight fast, yeah, And I used to just like, you know, so that's that's how you do it, So would you let the joke fly in and just look?
Speaker 1: But I would never say that. It was just kind of like in you know, in the mold, like damn, I can't do this. And I used to struggle a lot in school, and I used to just let them know, like instead of laughing at it, I used to just be like you know when I clap back at people, and just like look serious because it's like damn, but my shit wasn't really funny, so I couldn't laugh. So when I say something, I just look serious.
Speaker 5: How did the guests react? You know, I'm pretty sure you don't show their their full reaction on camera. How do they react when you when you do stuff?
Speaker 1: Like that, I really do what on the interviews, they just keep them on there. So one thing I haven't got is talking to somebody after the interview, like I haven't reached out to the baby and like how did you feel about it? So I never really get to hear how they feel after they see it, like you know what I'm saying, like to be like damn, like like how did you feel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never because I gotta be careful man, because you know, you got to talk to some of these people, you know.
Speaker 1: But I don't do nothing crazy, yeah, And I know I had moments on episodes where I knew something happened. I'm like, I'm not putting this out, like honestly with the bow Wow shit with Orlenno Brown. If I would have actually went back and looked at I would have took it out because yeah, Bao, he was actually he was actually mad about that. But I didn't know at the time when it happened. You see, I didn't say that. I instantly like left it alone. I didn't draw into it at him, like because some peoples like why do the say that, Like somebody would have went into character somebody been like what the fuck you said that they would have made that subject the topic, but I went right into like another like okay, y'all, what's the brother today? Like because I respect the out person and how they look at it too, So I didn't know at the time that would be that big and I forgot about it because be shot so long and then it was all Lando Brown. I'm wasn't thinking like they picked this up just like the share room went to that and personally grabbed that click course and put that in. And then I'm like, damn, that happened. I forgot to happen.
Speaker 3: So how do you deal with that?
Speaker 1: I mean at that time, I was just more careful and then moving on it. Something happened during another episode and then I told him take it out, and who I was working with, they was like, let's put it. I'm like, no, Like, I do not want to stand behind that. I really respect the other side because that's not what I'm That's not the thing that I do. I just want to have a good time with somebody that make them like we lead this, we laugh something I can laugh at if somebody ever was to you know, passorway, they can laugh at it. Be like see a different side of them, Like the interviewt there were King people are coming like I never know, I respect him now. He's funny, like and you read through the comments and like Queen Nija I was like, I didn't know Queen Nijel was that funny, but people were like, damn, I love her more now. So I want to do that type of side to how can I talk to you and bring you to a different world that you don't have to be when you sit down and like this pressure is on you. So I anything that I feel like it's BS.
Speaker 4: I respect it because I mean we we tell guests all the time, you know, especially our you know, she also produced the show. You know, we always let guests know, like, man, you know after this whole conversation, is anything that you know you wasn't comfortable with in the interview, like we take it out, you know, because you got to have a sense of respect for talent too, you know.
Speaker 1: But I still understand the other side too, because if it's that deep, always let them know before the interview, yep, like don't do it. So I still understand that side too. So I'm not gonna say other people are wrong for what they do because when you step into those room if you want to say, can you lead us all limits in which some people had told me before. I was like, I wasn't gonna talk about that, but okay, Like, but I know you still had that freedom to be like, don't talk about this because if you don't, we sit in the room. You know, we want to know about that. So this whole thing we want to ask you, so we still have open Like I can't shame the people that do bring that shit up because sometimes some people want to talk about it too, because you never know, because I'd have had a situation where I said that with Ari two are like why the hell you to ask me about because it was the time where Meek Meal when they were saying that they was messing around with and you should have asked me about that because I was told that as it wasn't that. But I was like, I didn't want to bring it up because I respect you and Meek Mel and I knew it wasn't true. But some people want to clear their name up. So yeah, yeah, you get a lot of that too.
Speaker 3: How do you study for your guests to come up? Do you have a team of people?
Speaker 1: Now I'll just stay up on YouTube and look at stuff and then sometimes to be right before the night before, like and I'd be like, okay, and I feel like the best time where was Boosy when I did him? When he was just like I told my mama, I'm outside. We don't need cable. And then I asked the questions like so and I asked him about it, and I knew he wouldn't think that far. So I try to look up the oldest song that we know, like what I'm saying, and just be like did you say this? So that's what I try to do, just with looking up Okay, I know that song. So I look up stuff that will try to get them in like, oh, y'all, remember, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Question, So Marco is now this super huge entity, thank you? How does that affect your personal life? Because I saw you one time and the chain was good, and then I saw you another time and the chain was like, boy, you went to Wyfield and Leonte one of them? Boy, when did you start paying money?
Speaker 1: When I start making money? Uh? Right, Daniels, Right, Daniels actually put me in position to like really open my mind to make money. So I didn't shout out to shout out to Ray Daniels. He taught me how to make money, so it was him. I just remember him making me. My first promo deal was ten thousand dollars on a race trainer, and I'm like, fuck, what the fun I'm gonna do with a wate trainer? Like I'm not near about to put that. I'm not changing right now, I'm not doing that, and he was like, whatever you do, make it funny. So and I remember going in the Walmart funding a way to promote that brand and asking customers that I got anymore of these and they's like, I don't work here. So I'm like, damn, so I'm my forced customers to tell me where it's at and I'm from. So that's when I realized that was that. And I also learned like with don't water your brand down or promotion like promo here or posting other people stuff, find ways that you can get involved and make money. So once he installed that into me, it was hard for me to turn down a five thousand dollars Like somebody like promote my dogs for five K. I'm like, shit, I'll do it, but that'll water your brand down where people will be like, I'll follow you for you. I don't care about little take tape pitbulls, so that will water your brand down. So find a way that instead of you giving me five thousand with them, I'll come to you and do something with the dogs. Give me ten thousand. Now y'all got me with the dogs, and I'm showing them I really, you know, mess with you and I believe in your brand instead of like promoting fake stuff and you order from them, it's like, oh, you scam them, So I had to be careful. Yeah, but you gotta turn down money, so I fly. I turned down a lot of money, and to this day, I still am turning down stuff because I believe in certain stuff, like I believe in like supporting people. And that's like now with merch and I got and I'm telling them I just don't want cheap T shirts. I want something that I will wear.
Speaker 3: Did you do the business yourself at the beginning?
Speaker 1: No, I got help, but I start picking. I learned when I was around people with money, I want to learn how to get it, and I asked for it.
Speaker 3: Did they pick put you on to somebody to help you with that, or did you already have your own own.
Speaker 1: No, it just happened, I say, manifesting. So people has been coming as I'm asking through God and me being a good person that put me through good people. You know what I'm saying. There's been time I met him me he has been got me a room with big people like, hey believe in this guy, let's do a show. Yeah, and they just like it didn't happen. But and it still don't mean that it can't happen. You know, then it'll be like, you know, damn, this is what we manifest So I may him too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So even at the time I remember coming to Alanta and seeing you, I'm like, he that guy I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I'm in you too, Like how did you tell yourself?
Speaker 1: Just being me? Just being you and being comfortable. And you have to realize too, like certain people, you do got to get to certain people, to get to certain people. And even in that, if I want to be cool about you, the got to get to But then you're with it. I like, at the end of the day, you're a good person.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: So it work out. But some it's relationships are very important because I remember I wanted to get to Kevin Hart I'm like, who's close to Kevin Hard? His trainer? So I got cool with his trainer, but it was it was mutual, like I'm not going to force the cool, like, don't do that. But if you actually meet somebody and you have a goal to get to the next person, do it. So me and him became cool and he was like bro like and I came to La he like pull it to my house and it was funny because he didn't trust me yet, but he sent me an address and kicked me out. No, his trainer just trained. Yeah yeah he did because you know me. But it's funny. But he was all you cool dude, really and realize like you He like came to the house and then he introduced me to Kevin and it was dope because now I have two on one like that's like you if I know you, now know him. So relationships are very important. I tell people that, like get to know people because you know what I'm saying, like it lead into something like relationships is better than money because it's gonna get you there.
Speaker 4: So I agree, and that's what I respect about you because I remember I was at Kevin Hart concert and I text him like your Marco you at the concert?
Speaker 3: He like, yeah, I'm like, why you not backstage with us? Man Kevi hard to me go bout wow, scared about He.
Speaker 4: Was like like, nah, it's just my time yet Yeah, he like okay. But I respected that so much because he was just like, no, I mean I don't really know them people like that.
Speaker 1: And I was like and not in that way because you get that, but sometimes like it might have been that time for Juice Ski to meet him like that, Like I had my time when I met him. It was at the Trainer opening party for his gym and Kevin I was there, so not only I supported the Trainer, but I met him and it was like a dope encounter and we had a whole conversation like this was my So I believe in Tommy perfect tim in his own certain manifestation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, things are changing for you now mentally? How did that change for you mentally because you are I want to do therapy? You want to? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I always I as a black man, that's dope. We never look into that, like you know what I'm saying. We couldn't afford that. Yeah, I didn't know. I mean I didn't know that shit was real. I thought that was comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you thought it was for crazy people.
Speaker 1: No, no, fuck no, you tried to get me off rich people.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not that.
Speaker 1: But it was just like our mom and that, Like I grew up in Section eight homes. We barely had money to pay our rent. We ain't about to pay motherfucker to talk to them, like, I'm not gonna you know what I'm saying. So we had to limit our money. So now that I'm making money, I can do certain things with it that to help me get more money. But when you're in the hood and the projects, you gotta like I was living to survive. Now I'm living to live, like I'm making money to live, you know what I'm saying. So it's a difference. And when you're in that space where you can't have an open mind. So now I have an open mind, had to protect it. So I was like, I want to get into therapy, so I can't actually like open my mind and be like okay that. But it has changed a lot because I get up and go I had I have like adult relationship with my daughter, and we used to just get up and go to old Navy culture movies. I do a lot of shit with her, and it was I just get up and go. So now I have to slow down with that because any like I said, I just had an incident at Target, and I was like it was a guy Like I'm literally sitting here and my energy tells me like this is not a good person to be next to. I know who not to go. I wouldn't avoid it some reason. I'm like cool, like I still respect. I'm like, man, he a black king, Like I still can be around it. But sometimes you just like, don't be around this person. But it's sad that we can't look at us and be like, you know, like treat you because especially when you're famous. Right. So then the whole time I'm like I'm by myself literally rushing to get it. Was actually like I was getting a book for my interview, Like I thought that y'all see the interview. When they make people read that, la'ma like read them, So I'm gonna get a book. I want them to do that to a beat. So I'm literally in Target trying to get that and this guy he instantly like like like all shit, don't be going with that playing shit. So I'm used to people saying that like, all right, don't be playing that, like, don't be playing with that shit. And I'm like, okay, I avoid it like anybody playing. I don't even do that no more number one, so I know you don't support I don't be in stores number so I'm like, you don't watch me? Okay, cool so DN and he gets louder like hey, fuck, nigga, don't be playing. He pulls out a phone and start record me like I might have to slap his that like yeah, funny more I'm at just like nigga. He's yelling so white people are looking at us.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm like and I'm like so like I keep protecting on me and I keep and it's in my name, but I don't never want to use it less I ask, but I'm like, I'm so l like bro, He's like, now you on d Yeah, I'm like, bro, but I'm still locked in. I'm like, bro, I'm gonna let it be. So then it just so happened. I'm leaving and I'm like I can't find a book. He's leaving out. He's like, yo, you still he's recording this ship like yeah, bitch ass nigga. Funny Mark trying to play and not by myself, like there's no prank, Like I ain't sading nothing to you. So it's just like, damn, this is what people go through when people try to attack. And usually I keep my comedy clean so where I don't have to run in those situations where I'm not an ass online where it's like, yeah, you try to do this. I make sure this shit is clean. So that took me to a dark place and I never felt like that. And it was like now, and I was just talking. I got a good relationship with DJ bands Dirt and like me and yeah, we work together. And he just told me before I was going in there, He's like, you don't need to be doing stuff by yourself. I'm just going to target.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to target.
Speaker 3: How did you How did that situation in?
Speaker 1: I just let it go.
Speaker 3: I did my best to just be quiet, and he kept like, did you just leave?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I left. I left, But it was just kind of like, you know what I'm saying, It's.
Speaker 3: Just that I'm proud of you. Man.
Speaker 6: It takes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes.
Speaker 1: Posted the video and tagged me in it, and it was just like, let me not look, I didn't even look at the story. I'm like, whatever they believe, they're gonna believe it. Like, but I know what the situation was like, it was all right cool, like me trying to be tough to somebody could like lose my life or I take a life, and I ain't got nobody to be there for my kids, and so it's not worth the You gotta be careful man, because because you know it was at Atlantic Station.
Speaker 3: I do not go to Atlantic State Target.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like it was a Tuesday after. I'm like, it'll be in and out a tuesday and that was the weekend. I get it.
Speaker 3: But it's always there's always some you know, random because I was always a random bringing cars and stuff down there and everything. Yeah, you gotta you gotta stay. You know. Do you have a family members asking for money and stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got a brother that you know to like, yo, that's ship. That's hard, Like what you got next? And I tell them like let me get some money. I'm like, fuck you got me? So yeah I got the members. Yeah, I'm a given person. That's one thing I do like to do. I like to give, like that's what I feel like I do live for like even.
Speaker 3: I should ask you for some money a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I mean when I do get extra money, I would. That's why I'd be like I do, I do gotta go, like I want to get to a certain point where I'm able to pay like random people rent, Like that's working a nine to five where I can go into Target or like McDonald's and see how much they rent getting their money because I know how it is to help struggling especially single mothers and single dads, like to get them something to help them get to the next level. I really always said that, and then I thought, like, I wonder if Beyonce and jay Z if they just pay like people whatever.
Speaker 5: Now you heard what Z said, Well, I was gonna say, you may want to hold your money and partner with somebody that can open up, you know, do like a foundation.
Speaker 1: I would do that, but I'll be thinking about stuff like that. I'm like, dang, if they did that, that would be dope. Like you know what I'm saying. I like that, Like I just think a concert, like how can I help somebody? Because I know how it is having mothers that work two jobs that don't get time to see their kids, like what can we do to get them money? To be like that helped me a lot. But it's just you know, helping the right people because giving somebody two thousand dollars could save their life, and some people can't hurt them because they're gonna be like, now I could do whatever I want. It's like, do the right shit with it.
Speaker 4: The good thing is that you do have the platform and you got the audience that I feel like that you could come up you know some dope like that. Yeah, because you know a lot of entertainers, you know, I've just seen they was talking about the Rock and Oprah and how you know, they caught a lot of backlash because they was asking their fans for money to support, you know, the fire that happening on Hawaii and people were people were upset about that. I feel like it's bad though you don't think it's bad when people who got a lot of money you're asking for fans.
Speaker 1: From because if you got it, because it's some people like us or him that probably got a thousand followers that wouldn't mind providing for it. So you can't give your catering to the people that can do it. I'm not gonna get up set. Well, something I can't do, then it's just kind of like this wasn't your room to be in. So it's just kind of like, if you mind doing it? Because we got people that got more money than the Rock that we don't know about that they want to give it to them, like them because I support the Rock, then what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: So they're just giving it providing an opportunity. Yes, if you want to do it, do it.
Speaker 1: Now, it'd be it would be wrong if they back like y'all broke, y'all need to, then it'll be different. But if I do something and like it's times that you know, I did No Sleep Challenge and I'm giving away money and I'm getting away money and I gave way like you know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be up with them too. Yeah, I go to sleep sometimes. Ago, Wait, what's the longest you you stayed up on the new.
Speaker 1: Robby Gone bro And like, I'm not long. I be paying mids to help watch the show. But it's just something I want to do for entertainment. They can stream with that, getting people tapped into it and people watching.
Speaker 3: It's a game winner get again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had like fifteen hundred and ps five to stay up the longest, so it's usual supposed to be twenty five, so you just really want the man to go to sleep. But it didn't lasted for like three days and people get knocked down. It started over forty people and everybody get knocked down. But up it was people donating to the show that was like, oh you put it like Daisy Banks said the thousand before and there was a guy you know like that sent there and you never know what people got what they want to do when somebody did it because they like, I want to send money because I support what you do. You got these kids on the computer, they ain't doing nothing wrong. They stand up. I want to give money to your pot and I didn't ask for it. But so you never know who want to support you. Because the rock then done stuff didn't He'd entertain me for years. So I'll give you something because I feel good that I can help you like you help me.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back with more of a Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: Do y'all your boyfriend Marco make sure you're gonna check out my YouTube video and ball alert. Make sure you like comments to strip right now, we ad a honey K get us a two honey K. Let's get it.
Speaker 3: What is Marco's personal life?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: This is Marco in the relationship? I got, I got a little Marco's little thing I love.
Speaker 1: I got She she she like she, Oh, that's why you want to move to l A. No, it's like back and forth, back and forth.
Speaker 3: That's why he's a long distance relationship. It's really like it, bro, you smile, I mess what you're doing a long distance you? Now you got to like her, but still that's why you always in l A.
Speaker 1: I'll be working.
Speaker 3: What's she from?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Did you meet her?
Speaker 1: Call him l Yeah?
Speaker 3: You got him? Girl? How did you meet it? Ah?
Speaker 1: No, No, what's that? What's that story called?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Everybody going to I was like I was getting and you met your girl. I'm gonna say, is my girl? Don't put that on you? You did you y'all said something to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does she work in there?
Speaker 1: No, she's just there.
Speaker 3: Did she know who you are? He definitely?
Speaker 1: Definitely, We definitely just yeah. We vibing and that's the thing and not the force things like let it be like whoever she talked to talk to her voice like it's about elimination. At this point. I don't want you to let nobody go. I want you to want to let people go. I'm not thinking like keep all the gains. You wont because if I'm doing my job, you're gonna let him go. So that's saying with us, like, I don't a girl shouldn't wry about who we're talking to. Let we do our job. We're gonna be like you the one for us. I want to leave people alone. Then once I show you that, then that's when it's like the layd You guys are just dating? Yeah, got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how do you spend time with her? Uh?
Speaker 1: FaceTime?
Speaker 3: Has she met your daughter?
Speaker 1: She met through FaceTime? Yeah, FaceTime? Yeah, my daughter met her daughter. So they like play like you really like this girl, you really like her?
Speaker 3: Drag? Next question, when do you ever see him uncomfortable interviews? This is how you know you like, how does it feel to be interviewed because you're you're usually on the other side.
Speaker 1: It's good because if you I was just saying that, if you get in this situation just flopping around, that's what.
Speaker 3: That's what you're trying to question. That means we gota come to your show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, put on your ship. We ain't gonna be late.
Speaker 1: Like though I used two hours later use two hours later, I apologize it was the kid for So what what you're working on? Yeah? Back to we sitting down with Kevin Hart with me and Desi were putt you know, working in to produce a show. So what that is with the pilots and you know, giving a rual to you know, make sure this is what y'all want. This is what we want to get y'all And shout out to Desi too. Deisi has helped me out a lot, like do you know? And that's one thing when you get next to certain people, like learn like don't hate. If you can hate on somebody, you can learn from now because obviously you hate no for a reason. They doing something right. So I just love that. I love to love you feel me, and that's free like loving somebody's free. Hating it's so much energy, you know what I'm saying. So we got that and we're going back and forth with our ideals and we didn't shot polished with that. So now who y'all working with Kevin Hart. Yeah, I want to. I want to even if it's not me, but I feel like we need to develop that Will Smith and Martin, you know how they just put them together, like if it's Daisy and somebody, if it's Davids with somebody, and we need that, Like I want to see that duo where we never knew we needed Will Smith and Martin, Like we didn't get that, you know what I'm saying, Like I want that even if it's not me. I want to see it happen like that's dope. I got to be next to that person with you know, just hilarious and be someone like even it's the girl like Nikki, like how they did the you know they used to give our shows crazy like the Parkers Steve Harvey, like you don't.
Speaker 3: Got they don't. They don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: Now that was gonna be my pick though, but you didn't ask me, But Willing and Martin was going to be my pick.
Speaker 1: Will Martin, thank you. They gotta they got a duo. Yeah, that's forever duo. Yeah, Mike epsay him was just like a moment, so you got it? Yeah, got So now you're doing stand up how do you like doing stand up? It's it's very very open with sharing my mind. I want to get right now. It's really I'm sharing them what they see, and then I want to get into the stand up like what they don't see. So it's like I want to show you like you're just joke about my star, like really just like struggling through school while I am. And it's my daughter, our relationship, my mama. Because I grew up with a family like full of comedians. You know what I'm saying. So I want to share that, but right now I have to develop that, so it's gonna take my time.
Speaker 4: So no boo yet, right, no, no, no, no. I love it, but I feel like every great comedian has been booed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's crazy. I had not got boo yet. I probably got to look like I ain't feeling this. I didn't see somebody like I ain't feeling it, but I got the boo. I have helped my own with that and now I'm so thankful.
Speaker 4: For But that's why I feel like a lot of like social media, your stars and comedians are afraid to do stand up because what if I go there and get booed.
Speaker 1: No, but you gotta want to do it.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 1: First off, one thing I don't do is nothing for the money. So it's times like I'm just now starting to get a lot of money, but like you know, as I'm doing shows like like damn walking over with this is what they can make, so imagine what Kevin Hard and them making like, so that ain't nothing to It's just kind of like and it's times I go on a roll with Desi and it's like, like, you know, Dezie always want to look out for you, but like, bro, I just want to learn from you. And he like broad respect that about you. And that's one thing Ray messed with me about and me a learning is better because if I can take from you, I will take your knowledge because that's gonna get me far, like and it's gonna bring you the money. Yeah, that's it. And then I got my own, Like you ain't got to ask you and get me, you know, fifteen for a show, or I can go with you and do fifteen shows and make my own twenty.
Speaker 3: Thousand mills shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just really knowledge get you far.
Speaker 3: What are some mistakes that has happened along the way that he was like, damn.
Speaker 1: Mm, I'm really trying to think of one, because it was it was times I wanted to respond and stuff, and I learned when you do respond and make it worse. So I had talked to a couple of artists where it's just like, how do you hinder this, and like, don't say nothing, but you know when you say something me like comments and like yeah, like comments and whatever they think is just like like leave it alone, you know. So even with now, like the Bobby shit, that's what's going on right now. Everybody like, how do you feel about.
Speaker 3: Hurt getting the first part? I called you answer the mistake part, But I just.
Speaker 1: Say I haven't had a mistake. I feel like I have endoored like in my family myself, but publicly I haven't because I just respect myself and I respect other people that don't know what's going on. And because when you cater to the people that do know what's going on, it's picking on you. You answer them, but you also answered people that don't know, and it's like, man, I didn't know they had a problem, let me look into it. But you're answering to the people that did know. So it's fifty to fifty and I don't want to get a hundred. When I get out there, I'm one hundred. Now everybody know, So I say, I haven't had a moment publicly, but indoors I have and I keep that like probably with me because I wanted to keep indoors.
Speaker 3: Anyways, how do you feel about before you? Like?
Speaker 1: Would you who am? I?
Speaker 3: Is that a serious question? Did she hit you or you hit her? Like she hit me up?
Speaker 1: And I feel like you blew her up? I say, And I say, we both did it because she was her. She's heard and I played the part because I did have a bigger following, So I feel like the people like, as you can see, the people like what we did together. So that was never like the problem I feel like, and I never said this is a problem. Was kind of like it's shifted because on my page she got introduced as I don't know, like but I want to know type of girl, like I don't know about this, but I want to know. And then now it's like I don't know and I don't care. So now she give out that to offset and stuff like I know you all said, but I don't care. But with me, it was like, I think you're funny, Marco, but let me about you. So my interview gave that open where she was like like trying to figure me out. But now it's like the interviews I think they're like she's trying to ship on people. And when I watched the interview off set, like damn, that was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Why I don't like the style? Yeah, and it didn't start off like that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't do I don't get people in my interview and try to like below them like, yes, she's been like.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to make that clear because a lot of people think that that's your style. No.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like certain people get inspired by some people. I get inspired by other people. So she probably have expired something from the interview that did work. Who wouldn't like if it goes great and U nfl pick up something. But so I feel like she picked up something. But I wouldn't point out and say that's that because I'm expired.
Speaker 3: The culture can blame you for Bobby what because everybody is the coach.
Speaker 1: She blew up bigger after Drake did the interview, So.
Speaker 3: No, but I think Drake started it.
Speaker 5: Did Drake see your interview and then went to yeah, seeing our clips was before Drake's y started Waite.
Speaker 3: Has Drake ever interviewed with you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Do you feel fine offense to that?
Speaker 1: No, because I say it's perfect Tom and this stuff.
Speaker 5: Maybe you know, these bigger stars are going to white media versus black media.
Speaker 3: Do you feel any type of way about that?
Speaker 1: No, because I got an open mind. So it's a real media too. Yeah, but I still have an open mind on there's always another side to the book, and I don't I don't want to be I've been in that side where they're blaming you and doing stuff and you have a story too, So I have a have to open mind because imagine, you know what I'm saying, somebody doing that with us. What are white people starting to y'all don't do our ship?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So it's always a two sided thing. So I just have an open mind to something, and I just try to stay away from negative because it's always another side to it. Because I can agree with that. I just had to be open because it's just Tom's that, you know, KICKI Parmer just said it. What makes that side better than that side? And what you just said with the Lizo thing, like it could be wrong or right, but it's always fifty fifty in things.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: It's just kind of like if you like Trump and I like DJ, I can't call and say that you're wrong, Like for who you like, like.
Speaker 3: Who you like and I like who I like, don't fuck with us, We won't fuck with you. I think.
Speaker 4: I think more so people people like black media is just you know, just kind of feel a way because it feels like these big understand that in a certain in a certain media, they go somewhere else. And you know, another thing that I was talking to my boy about, I said, man, you know, I don't believe in the whole like you know, these people got to be for the culture and stuff like that, because I believe that everybody should be helping everybody. What I don't like is, you know, you see a lot of times where like say, if you go to a club, or you say, if you go to Nashville, you go to a country club, you ain't never seen.
Speaker 1: A black DJ, right, I haven't. I probably won't.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like I'm like, we welcome everybody into our cold you're right, but we're.
Speaker 1: Not welcome in to I can say that I can agree with that. I didn't seen that, and if it is happened, we ain't seen it a lot, so you're I'm speaking on your experience right, exactly right, So I wouldn't say we. You can just use the word like I haven't seen from my experience and from I agree with you. I haven't seen that, so I agree with what I'm saying with that where it's like, damn, you could come over why what's the reason? But we won't know, So I don't feel like it's my place to say you're wrong because you haven't responded to me. Once I hear your response, then I can say, Okay, I don't forge what that you're wrong for that you know what I'm saying. So I'm a firm belief for hearing the other side. But if they don't say nothing, all we got is assumption. So who's to say my idea of what I think is right?
Speaker 3: But what I think is right that Drake need to come to your podcast because he doesn't hers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I didn't understand like how all these like because Rury I knew I found out about her when he interviewed and I think the world did as well, because a lot of celebrities do follow you. I remember Drake used to come on all of your videos. You know, it probably still does. But I realized that it seems like that the style that she kind of took from you, she kind of did it in a negative way, and I think it's just kind of rubbing people the wrong way. Especially when she did the interview with Barstools and when she went on there and she was talking about how like, you know, the situation with her and Yachty.
Speaker 1: I caught her out on that too. Her. I said, you were wrong for that, and she was like, oh, they back door. I'm like, you're wrong. Like I definitely caught her out, and I like that's and that was just me and say, in my opinion, that's like I feel like you're wrong because here's somebody that buckoming you in today house and you say that to other people. So I did, and I mean, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it kind of makes it look like she ran to like, you know, her people, and it was like it was like, yo, I'm not comfortable saying this, you know, in this platform, but I'm gonna go to you know, to my people and you know, talk how we will talk.
Speaker 1: And I think my thing is what a lot. I have an open mind of always seeing success as a good thing because I was a person growing up without money. But I have money around me. So when I see somebody doing it, always be like I can do that too. So I have like not no hate in me, like you know. So it's so I always try to think positive and some people gonna look at you wrong for that. Like it's times like you know, people are, oh, how do you feel about Juice Ski going past you? Y'all been doing like he's in this and that, and I'm like, I can do it too, So I got to salute him. I'm not but the real I did the DJ Academics podcast and he tried to like what you got against Juice Cay, I know you do. And it's like I cannot hate another man for doing like you know, going up right, I can't, no, no, no, but people but I'm just saying they know each other's I've never been that person. I just know if you can do it, I can do it too. And it's like if you're doing it, I'm thankful for showing me because I know I can do it. Now, same thing with basketball, like Jordan showed a lot of people you can do this, you can get a shooting and it landa for Lebron James, you know, like but you know Lebron James is just we put each other against each other instead.
Speaker 3: Of like, I don't I don't like that because other culches don't do that and we don't that we don't know. We gotta stop using that. What is it that you don't know? Though? But that's true. I understanding we don't. I'm not in the country world right now, but they probably don't. I'm saying, like from your sper okay, no, just from the world. Who was compared justin Bieber to anybody?
Speaker 1: Right But he wasn't.
Speaker 3: He wasn't getting compared to nobody.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is we never know what's on that side of that fan base because somebody could be doing that right now. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You see in sports all the time. Yeah, we definitely, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: That's apposed to be.
Speaker 3: There has to be someone to compare because someone has to set the bar. So I just think that would it be in people rise, it's going to be some type of comparison, because what else we're gonna talk about, right.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you that only happens with our culture, putting us against each other, rather than saying these two people are dope individually.
Speaker 1: What they say is like, we didn't know about that, what's going on with the whole Joe anxiety and the catwoman, but they made it public, But we wouldn't have known about that.
Speaker 3: But you see, they was beefing about animals.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is it can happen in the culture, but we just don't know about it because they was poking about him having zebras and shit that was. But what I'm saying, as you do know what I'm saying, But if that never came up, we wouldn't have known that's going on. We only speak for what we see, you know what I'm saying, So I just stand for it like we have to. You can speak from experience, But don't put that on the whole culture, like you know what I'm saying, Like, don't put that on the whole thing, like you don't know like I was formed, like I remember doing growing up, like or me doing videos and I used to be on Facebook, like nobody support me from my city. And I used to be like crying a lot, but it was just like it was people that have like five people like cater to them. Don't bash everybody because damn, I support you nice and we don't. Even though you don't see it and it's not big, still accept me for doing that. So I was wrong for crying when I was growing up and I'd be like, damn, y'all need to share my y'all shared these other comedy people. But that made me look ugly. You know, it would be ugly for me to be like Bobby took my ship. Y'all don't support her like they will look at me. They were like, damn Marco, like I'd rather be quiet instead out the way and if we talk like now, I was just sharing my thought on it, but I'm not here to bash somebody because I don't never want to be bashed. Now, how would I feel when I'm on the other side and people like he did that, and it's like, damn, it's not right. Now you've been in next to famous people. We all have, and we didn't being in that room with them where the internet is slender in them and it's like damn, our work don't mean nothing, but we know the truth. So it sucks when it's like damn.
Speaker 3: That also protects your mental space too for you to be that way. So I understand that, you know, just us on our end, sometimes we have to be a little bit more non political and we can't just ride the fence. We have to kind of take a stance on certain things. I think for you though, you have the ability because the style that you the style of interviews that you do, it's almost it's still you know, I don't want to say comedy, but you're being you. But I just I just think the breakdown is a little different than our style because we have to ask someone the hard question, like a bro, what's up? How do you feel about this? And sometimes we may not want to ask someone the question, but we have to. That's what our fucking listeners.
Speaker 1: Want, you I mean. And like I said, moments like this go viral, like you know, it's clips of people saying, you know, you go to the breakfast club, but you go here and this stuff that last long. I've seen any thing with Ky Camp, you never know, like he needed to get that out. You know what I'm saying so this. Yeah, so I'm just saying, like we this is our therapy sometimes too, but we have control of this. So just watch what you say when you say it out in that camera, Rowland, just be ready for what the bed you make in. Just be comfortable with it. You know what I'm saying, and stand on it, you know, so stand on business what he said.
Speaker 3: So that's it.
Speaker 1: So that's just what I say. I'm learning to you know, like watch what I say. And that's what we got friends for. I don't need to share my opinion with everybody. I'll brought my friend and but I ain't like that movie. But who am I to go bashes me this movie to the public. Talk to my mom about it? My friends, That's why you got friends. Yeah, So I don't need to get on the internet and tell y'all in my opinion, because I definitely have called you on and ask you how to you know certain people? I feel like people share opinion a lot, but sometimes I got friends to where I could talk to them. We argue all day about who better, Brian or Kobe. But I'm not about to do it to the public. Wow, We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: What did y'alls your boyfriend Marko? Make sure you're gonna check out my YouTube video and ball Alert. Make sure you like comments to stripe right now. We ad a honey K, get us a two hundred K. Let's get it.
Speaker 4: You're a really positive person, and you know, I just want to tell you you gotta be careful because now you are Marco, you are a famous person.
Speaker 3: Can't go to a certain places and facial you have the you have a global facial recognitional recognized brand. So now you really just can't go anywhere you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that about it. I just think like we just like funny people. They don't care. But it's like I just think, like, yeah, we just make us laugh, like I'm not little Derek, I'm not I'm not ops.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean, you know, these people, these people on the internet are crazy because cloud is a is a is a crazy drug.
Speaker 1: And I know girls are part of it too. If you talk, they hate what comedians get girls too, like a certain person like how you get hurt? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, what are you doing here, funny nig like I don't like him like you d like. I'm like, Damn, I didn't know, Yeah, the girl like. One thing I do is respect people relationship, y'all just put it to the public. So if I don't know when I said something before, I didn't know because I got I respect. You know what I'm saying. That's one thing I will do is respect. Damn. I'm not somebody trying to stay a girl.
Speaker 5: And you know another thing, you know, you are your brand, Like he said, your brand is big and a lot of people want an easy way out, so you're automatically a target. You can't trust a lot of people. You can't just be popping out nowhere a lot of times without a bodyguard, especially the bigger that you get, you know, so you just got to keep that in mind, especially like you said, you want to be here for your family and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be an easy target.
Speaker 1: I feel like what gets some artists is when you move to another state, it's new to you, so you feel more comfortable because like it's versus when I may can't city, I'm my home. I'm gonna be more careful because I know they know me, so it's like, y'all know what I got. Y'all know where I came from. So like Dirk in Chicago, it would be different from Dirk in Atlanta. He's more comfortable here, but you still have to have that same energy in Chicago into here. If you're making it's everybody yeah. But here in Atlanta, I'm like, I'm here new, I'm new here.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like going to a new school, Like, yeah, I'm a chill but at the other school, you know that teacher. You know that, so you're.
Speaker 3: Comfortable and you know what not to be with him or her and you know you know.
Speaker 1: But here it's like you still have to say I have that same energy as your hometown here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I tell people all the time, I'm like, yeah, y'all see me hosting in the club and this stuff looks fun. But I said, y'all understand, this is a dangerous environment for you going on because everybody knows me, and I don't know everybody, so you never know what people intentions are. Like you didn't know what that guy intensions were, but yeah, you were smart enough and you were man enough to say I'm gonna ignore this.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where this guy went, yeah, because it could have win.
Speaker 1: Left and then he could have a viral moment, like you can have that, like you know what I'm saying, like every where viral went crazy. You have platforms like this where I can explain what happened. So that's what I said, like therapy, you know, so it's like a form belief. And my grandma raised me, so they helped me a lot and I lost my daty to like gun violence, so like growing up in that, I say, the only thing that do be funny is when people test you as like a funny person, then you like hold on like this, who I really? This is where I'm from, don't try me. But you still sometimes you don't have to do that because sometimes like I don't think that I don't know, I think I'm a suburban kid or because I'm funny, but I'm like I really like it.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: But you know, I think comedians are kind of looked at as like singing think funny, yeah, like oh you're a singer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I think that's why we use this platform to get to know our balls and getting to know different side of you, you know, I think people are going to leave here with a different found respect for you, and we appreciate you for coming on the platform and we just thank you and we're proud of your growth and we look forward to meeting you again once you have done therapy, because I know that it's probably you a lot.
Speaker 1: That's what I was telling him. I'll be scared to do interviews because like damn, I ain't that where I want to be at. But it's levels to it because.
Speaker 3: What they gonna tell me in the club like four months ago, for I'm just not ready.
Speaker 1: At y'all want. But it makes sense though now because I look at Kevin Heart first the Breakfast interview, he did it, but now look at him now so he can look back. Then it's like part two and part one.
Speaker 3: You see it. But we want to see We want to see the growth, and the fans want to see the growth, and we also want you to come often.
Speaker 1: I don't I be feeling I'm not living in a moment because people sees me as doing a lot, but I'm like, damn, it's so much more to do. Because at first it was me and Walmart. What the fuld y'all talk to me? About now I'm doing stand up? How's it stand up?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm doing you know, the interviews, But now I'm like over the interviews Now I want to do movies. I had to keep elevating for y'all to be able, you know, to be able to let's talk about this. But if I just did the walkmart shit, I wouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: But it's all about you know, how are you too?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying you as a person, because you know a lot of things that you shared will help a lot of people who are.
Speaker 3: Trying to do what you're doing. And you got a member too. For your average person that you know works you, they're normal nine to five, they're looking to you to brighten their whole day, up right. I mean I personally was having a bad day and your shit came down my timeline and I watched it maybe ten times on the row, and it was the first time I had laughed in a couple of days. So if you can affect me like that, I can only imagine the amount of people you do that too daily. So this kind of humanizes you and also lets people say, damn, he's a dope person. I ain't gonna play with him either though, you know what I'm saying. So I just think that sitting down and having these interviews man just really just helps humanize because we are Yeah, people are celebrities and famous, but people always forget that they're human.
Speaker 1: I said that. That's funny. I say that before, Like I don't look just because you see McDonald work at cash, She's not just a cas She's a person behind that. And that's like us what we do. We're just we're still a person. We're just having right now. I'm doing a job, but I'm still a real white person, and that's our respect artists and and it's and I get sometimes why people are like run up and do certain stuff with certain people because they might love them a lot, because I want to be like Hayae' a fan, they should peal.
Speaker 4: But it's like people don't need to be running up to you because you ain't doing no pranks on people no more.
Speaker 3: But you're going to be there, you know.
Speaker 5: And just to Ferrari's point, we tried to humanize on this show, Like that's why we ask the questions like.
Speaker 3: Who were you? Where you come from? Like let us know about how you grew up.
Speaker 5: And you know what inspired you to be who this is who you are today because you know the Joe blow at home looking like man, I want to be like him.
Speaker 4: I can do it, and people and people from your city look up to you, and it's it's certain things that people don't understand what it's like to evolve. And that's why you're saying like, no, I wasn't ready to do interviews, and I'm like, yes you are, because your fans are going on this journey with you. So when you look up years from now and you elevated even more and we've elevated even more, you know, those are things that we can always continue to talk about even if you don't, even if you're not promoting anything, you know, you can always talk about life because we all we all live in life.
Speaker 3: We all were all going through something. My grandma always told me, you got the light, people will follow you, and that's what you have. You have the light, people follow you. Like I ain't talking about Instagram or yeah budget ye, so yeah, everybody stand for something. So sometimes you gotta share your moments and things that you go through because it literally can change somebody who's watching it. Sometimes even if it's just one person that you help them, You motivate them to change their life. That's way better than zero.
Speaker 1: Is that permo your head?
Speaker 3: No, nigga, Funny Marco.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, we appreciate you for joining us on the Butler Alert Show.
Speaker 3: Before we get out of here, you have a pep talk?
Speaker 1: What do y'all show? Boy Funny Marco aka just Marco. I had to tell him that, but remember, it's some mindset than Once you lose that, you got nothing. Keep your mindset in.
Speaker 3: And uh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say something else with it, y'all, but uh yeah, I mean eat your vegetables.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I missed my grandma so love. She not dead, I just haven't talked to her today. And I have a good day. Love y'all.
Speaker 3: Can't get enough of Baller Alert.
Speaker 6: Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert alog on the baller alert dot com