Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Alexis christoffers on a very busy earnings morning, but a lot of the focus still is on the big company that reported after the close last night, the first earnings report from SpaceX, and the stock is plunging. Good morning, Good morning, Nathany.
Speaker 3: Investors are punishing SpaceX as stock is down about twelve percent here in the pre market. I also want to note it is down forty two percent from the peak it hit on June sixteenth, so results on both the top and bottom lines are better than expected, but investors are focusing on higher than expected spending on its artificial intelligence business. SpaceX reported revenue of seven point eight billion dollars. It lost less money than expected nine cents to share the street was looking for twenty four cents, and CEO Elon Musk telling analysts he expects the cadence of AI development to improve dramatically. He says SpaceX could reach one hundred billion dollar annual run rate revenue by year's end. But you know what, Nathan, more volatility could be in store. You've got more than one hundred billion dollars worth of stock becoming eligible for sale. That lock up period is going to expire this Thursday, potentially putting more downward pressure on.
Speaker 1: The stock and talking of volatility, and could say the same for advanced micro devices this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a high flyer. I mean, up one hundred and forty two percent here to date, but here in the pre market it is down nine percent. The ship maker reporting its fifth consecutive quarter of record sales of its bread and butter processors. You know, as the rise of AI agents continues to drive this unprecedented wave of demand. Revenue from data centers alone doubled over the last year to a record six point seven billion dollars, representing fifty eight percent of AMD's total revenue. Now, CEO Lisa Sue has secured multi year partnerships to supply chips to Open AI, Meta and Anthropic, But it looks like investors are focusing on Elon Musk, saying his SpaceX will only buy chips from Nvidia and We've.
Speaker 1: Got some more big names reporting earnings this morning, some more positive results. Let's start off with what we got from the Walt Disney Company.
Speaker 3: Investors like what they hear from. Disney stock is up four percent here pre market. Third quarter revenue up seven percent to twenty five point two billion. This was driven by its theme parks and cruise division and the box office success of Toy Story five, which by I haven't seen yet, I am to get out there. Disney's earnings per share excluding some items rose to two six in the period, beating the average analyst estimates. Disney's film studio. In its flagship Disney Plus streaming service, profit rows sixty four percent there, driven by subscriptions and a double digit margin in the online video business. There are some warnings, though, Disney says the current quarter will be impacted by a disappointing performance of its live action Mowana remake and also softer than expected advertising for its US streaming platform. But it doesn't seem to be you know, throwing off investors this morning, and just.
Speaker 1: Time to talk about well, at least one of the companies in the health space that reported results.
Speaker 2: You want to do Eli, Lilly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it up nearly six percent. Revenue in the second quarter up forty eight percent, driven primarily by its weight loss drugs Munjarro and zep bound Eli. Lilly also boosting its revenue forecast for the full year. It now sees revenue coming in up between eighty five and eighty seven billion dollars. And by the way, adjusted earnings per share blue past estimates, they came in at eight thirty eight a share. The street was looking for six dollars thirty one cents. But just to give you an idea, Munjaro's revenue alone was near ten billion dollars and also helping the stock. R and D expenses up fourteen percent, but that was less than expected.
Speaker 2: Nason. This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies, meet key news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.