Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us? What suck? Change? Change? Okay? When are we getting our music? I want my theme music? I want I want to do a rap Robin. You won't let me live? Let me wrap? Okay? We need you won't let me be great?
Speaker 2: Reasonably shady down, reasonably shady down, shady.
Speaker 1: Reason to find a producer. We have to find a producer put together a beat. First, Are you gonna write it? I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna co write. I want somebody get started with the writing and then I'll tweak it. Okay, yeah, is that co writing?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay? But are you gonna Are you gonna also wrap too? Okay? Great? Okay, great, great? Great? All right? Yes? Do we want to put out a yes? A call? Yes? Who is going to? I mean I don't want to have to call jay Z like I I will if you want me to want to call that no or for Rell leave them alone? I will if I have to agree. But let's just table them, So we're gonna put it out there. We need it. We need a really good DJ. Okay and a writer songwriter, songwriter, no, not DJ, songwriter, producer, that's what we need. Get us, Get us right, get us right. We've only been asking this for four seasons. Okay, yeah, all right, Yeah, so we would really like to make a reasonably shady rap. Yes, So whoever can help us, let us know, let us I know you're out there.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we'll even give them credit as opposed to pay them.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, we'll pay you to. Okay, So I have I have a shaddy moment. Please let me let me get into it. Please share.
Speaker 2: So the shady shadesters out there are gas stations. So I now have an electric vehicle. Oh yes, Gazelle is now green. Okay, not green with envy. I'm just going green. Yes, I am now helping the environment.
Speaker 1: How long have you had it? Five minutes? Oh? Okay, okay, five minutes.
Speaker 2: But I've gotten the thing installed in my house, the charger, the charger installed.
Speaker 1: And I drive past gas stations and I'm like, suck it, suckers. Yes, I'm not going back right, Like the whole the fact that I've been going to gas stations for forty long time. Is really crazy. It's crazy, I know, I have. I been doing this every time I go. I'm like, I should have an electric car. And we got Corey an electric car, yes recently, yeah, and he loves it. So oh.
Speaker 2: I want to preface by saying, my electric car is not a Tesla. Write anything elon musk, Yes, neither's coores.
Speaker 1: We don't do the musk. Yeah yeah, but yeah no, I feel you on that. Yes, especially like on hot well hot days, cold days, rainy days, any day, dark nights. You know, just yes, that's really that is such a beautiful lecture. But for people who have electric cars and don't have a charger, yeah, that's the worst. Oh, because they got to go to like a charger station. But there I feel like the charger stations are everywhere. Yeah, but they have to sit there for like twenty minutes but to charge their car.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, but is that a long time? I mean, these the ones that are out there, from what I hear, are.
Speaker 1: Very fast, yes, but so fast as twenty minutes because like, okay, your charger at home, how long does it take to fully charge like overnight or eight you know, I would. I don't know that yet, okay, yeah, but probably so the charger stations are are if you get a rapid charger, yeah, I could probably like do a full charge maybe for like twenty minutes. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't. You know, I'm not well versed in the electric cars. But the if you wrap it, if you do a rapid charge on your car consistently, you're gonna ruin the battery. Oh really? Yeah? Yeah, oh wow. They don't tell me that. So I only did they tell you not to charge it past eighty percent? No, they talk it don't domn they talked.
Speaker 2: They gave it to me on one hundred and they told me, yeah, charge it on up.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh. Okay, so just just do a little research, okay, just read about you know, how to maintain it. Yes, maintain They say to not let it drop below twenty and to not charge it past eighty. Okay, so what they like for the longevity of the battery.
Speaker 2: Okay, what they did tell me was if I'm not using the car for like a week, unplug it, like don't keep it just like straight charged, like definitely unplug it. And Okay, so if I if I go to those rapid places, how much does it cost?
Speaker 1: I don't really know. I don't know either. I don't know. But they gave me a thousand dollar credit. Oh really, Yes, I said, y'all love me, right, So I should have done this a lot of time ago. But but yeah, no, So if you if you have an electric vehicle and you don't have a charger at home, it's not like the greatest. But if you have a charger at home, yes, it's I mean it's great. You just pluging it. So, now that Corey has an electric vehicle, he parks his car in my garage all the time. Like my car, I'm I in the garage, parker. We only have space for one car. But you have a door garage, cage, car garage. Yes, yes, but what it's in there, shoot, a lot of stuff, racks, shoes on it. Let's clean that up, basketballs, a basketball shooting machine. Oh, it's too much in there, yes, trash can Okay, it's fine. Okay. The point is, now that the charger is in the garage and Corey has an electric vehicle, he's always parking his car in my garage in my So I'm my car is sitting outside getting hot in the rained on and I'm like, no, no, no, So maybe you can get a longer extension. I know, that's what I need to figure that out. Yeah, they probably sell those.
Speaker 2: Yes, I put him outside, right, Yeah, he's got to go, he's got.
Speaker 1: To coat, he's gotta go. And I'm sitting a woman of the house.
Speaker 2: Yes you are, Yeah, you are the queen right, Yes, you have the Queen of the Dixon Mansion.
Speaker 1: Gotta go. Yes, anyway, you have a shady moment. It's just, you know, I just think as all adults know, like it's always something, yes, always something, never fails. So now, okay, so my dryer vent where the vent goes outside of the house over like you know the you know, once when we first started moving in the vent that goes outside of the house, birds started making a nest in the vent. Love right, So then we had my handyman, Kevin, come and put a cage around the vent so that the birds can't make a nest in the vent. Okay, So then, I don't know, six months ago, my dryer's not drying right, and you know, we look outside and these damn birds still made a nest in the vent like in the dryer van. I don't know, like I don't did they eat up the No, they didn't eat the cage. They just I guess would just kind of you know, I don't squeeze through and make their nest. Because like my stuff wasn't drying. Like people put stuff in the dryer on high, like we have to put it on high, run it for an hour, two hours whatever, and it still was like damp whatever. So Kevin came cleaned out the nest once again. Now my dryer is not drying. These birds have our back like they're back building nests. I don't know does it and so where does it let out the side of my house beside okay, like over the garage, huh. And they just keep building a nest. So now my clothes are not drying, and my dryer it's just like one thing after that. It don't stop, it doesn't stop. It's non stop. But these damn birds are so freaking shady.
Speaker 2: It's so and you know, you can't touch the nests because they the birds will.
Speaker 1: Tell they'll they'll attack me and then they'll also like abandon the babies right.
Speaker 2: Yes, they'll leave the babies and then and you you will get attacked. I told you about when I got attacked. No, yes, I was little. I learned my lesson very young. I was like probably like eight nine. I was climbing a tree. So I was climbing tree, climbing tree age, is that.
Speaker 1: Eight or nine? Yeah? Sure, okay.
Speaker 2: So I get to where I was going on the tree and I see a nest. I got all excited, so I went to go reach to touch. I didn't even get my hand close to touch, and out of nowhere a bird slammed into my face and knocked me out the tree. Oh wow, I'm sprawled out on the ground and I was like.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm screaming.
Speaker 2: And then but then I realized I think. I went and told my mom, and my mom was like, who told you? Who told you was okay to even try to touch an egg?
Speaker 1: Like that's I could see a kid being curious. Of course, of course, my mother said, have you learned your lesson? I said, yes, absolutely, I ain't doing that again. But I remember, like it was yesterday that bird came. Never again, never again. And then you could tell everyone, don't do it, don't do it ever do it? Okay? So this was this was somebody posted this. Actually I know this person.
Speaker 2: When you are full of love, it confuses people who are full of shit.
Speaker 1: Where you meet someone and you're like, are you really that nice? Why are you that? How can you be this nice? Like? Yes, it just really confuses people who are full of shit, and we all know people that are full of shit, full of Okay, so this number two, how long can your sign? These are? This is uh zodiac signs, and it talks about how long a zodiac sign can hold a grudge. Oh okay, okay, so what is what do you think? Aries is pretty long? Like forever? They give you just twenty four hours? What I know? Hold a gros? Okay, I don't agree.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that either. Yeah, my virgos it says a couple of months. Okay, that's about right, A couple of months and add two years today, right, okay, yeah, a couple of months plus two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The people that that get off, Oh, tauruses is and you're kind of a Taurus a bit no, no, well, tauruses it says until they die.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that makes sense that oh am, I like a tour. I don't know. I don't know what my other I always forget, like like aries and then something rising something I think, yeah, anywhere I might have that.
Speaker 2: So libras is like point zero two seconds unless you really don't that's what it's that.
Speaker 1: So I think that I don't know. These are so random. I don't I don't agree. I know, I don't. I don't stay like pent up mad for a long time, right, But I'm like never going to forget, like what if I whatever my issue was and how it made me feel, and those thoughts that that person or those how that person made me feel or whatever however that situation made feel. Oh, I'm never forgetting and I'm never like letting it go. You're never letting it go. I don't want to say let it go, but yeah, I don't want to say like I'm never letting it go, but I'm I'm not. So I'm not gonna dwell on it. I'm not going to live in it, but I'm also not going to be like like past it or over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm I can let it go, but I'm never gonna forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, how you how you act at a fool.
Speaker 2: Okay, so time of the creator. This was interesting he he says this.
Speaker 1: He was talking on a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And he said on a podcast that that we give a lot of people who have who aren't smart the platform for a podcast, and.
Speaker 1: He wants them he wants it to stop. Okay. So he's just for the clear. He said this on a podcast that people who have podcasts who are not smart earth stop having a podcast. Okay, Tyler's creator, he should have thought about that. Did you feel sensitive about that? I did, because I'm like, what of all? First of all, sir, you said this as your on he says that we're giving people too many people platforms that should not have a platform.
Speaker 2: But says who, that's what I said, according to who? According to Tyler, So.
Speaker 1: Anyone can have a podcast. Now, it's whether people listen to them. Yes, it's you know, and if people choose to listen to who they want to choose to, then let them listen, let them live. But I think that the problem comes in when people play clips from podcasts and then like put them on Instagram or on social media and then let that kind of be like, oh, these people are speaking for the world. No they're just speaking for themselves, you know, they're just And so I think when people see clips of podcasts that they're not familiar with, and that's when they're like, well, who is this person and have something to say, Well, don't worry about it. They weren't talking to you. They weren't talking to their audience. They weren't talking to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Tyler, if you had a podcast, then you have a platform. And would you want people talking about your platform coming for your platform?
Speaker 1: Right, No, you would not.
Speaker 2: And unless your name is Baraka Michelle, you don't speak for me, right period.
Speaker 1: Right? All right, we got some letters. All right, let's sing. Oh okay, so this is a good topic. So following up on one of our something talked about a couple weeks ago about the potwashing. Oh yes, this is from Alexa, she says, hiches out and Robin, I've only just been Potomac this past spring, but it hits so good. I've joined the Congregation of the Church of Reasonably Shady Welcome Alexa, better late than ever. I ami in here every week like I can't miss it, or the church ladies will drag me through the mud. Not the church ladies anyway as a white person. I guessed when I realized that not only do I instinctually rent the pot, pan, etc. Whenever I get it out, but other people don't. Okay, white lady, what's her name? Alexa? Okay, white Alexa? Yes, who knows what kind of dust or hair or grease or God knows what other dirt in the world could have could sneak in there. Yes, maybe I'm being dramatic, but I don't give a f I will never use a dry pan un christ Like, what does this have to do with Jesus? She said? I think it would be funny and interesting for you guys to explore the different things communities think are normal and others don't. But learning some of them disrupts my peace. Not taking your shoes off in the house is crazy work. I have two sisters and I have never even let them sit on my bed, even as a kid. Sometimes I feel shady for that, but I don't know where you've been. If I can have my own bed, be my safe, clean, ethical sanctuary. Yeah, what do I have in this world? What do you have? You got nothing? Right? Yes, I love the podcast and your natural chemistry. It's refreshing in this world of fakes and freaks. Ooh, I mean she's lexing it to shady. So you know what's funny, We didn't start so in my house she has to take a shoes off. But when I think about like my childhood and growing up, no one ever made anybody take their shoes off, like in my family. So I just like my grandmother, my aunt, my parents, my friend's house is like nowhere that I ever went did anyone make people take their shoes off? And we didn't even really start making people take their shoes off. They didn't take their shoes off at our first house. I think maybe not until I don't know, it's like weird, it came out of nowhere, So yeah, I don't even know. That's not like really, I would say the taking the shoes off in the house was always a cultural thing in like the Asian Oh yes, culture, of course. That was the only people that I knew that you take your shoes off. The shoes are maybe at the front door or somewhere, and I always thought that was strange, and then one day it's like, no, it actually makes total sense. No, it makes so much sense, And there's so much stuff on our shoes, right.
Speaker 2: So I remember I went to co visit my girlfriend in New York, so I was this was post college and she had a teeny little apartment and she was like, can you take your shoes off before you come in? And I was like, absolutely, but because New York is so just disgusting. But I think I continued it on after that because because that made sense to me. But what we are universally not gonna do is walk outside without our shoes.
Speaker 1: So it's so crazy that you say that because my neighbors, one of my neighbors, yes, routinely are outside without shoes on. Of course they are the entire family, yes, and even grandma, Yes, entire family, And the bottom of their feet are as black as my shirt. And it's disgusting. It is so. And then so then you walking around with these dirty ass feet, and then you go in your house so you can see the dirt that you're bringing from the bottom of your foot into your house into your house, and you cool with it, and then you probably jump in the band and go to sleep. Right, I just got the ebgb's. So people like, if y'all listen, and y'all routinely do not take your shoes off in your house or you walk outside barefoot. Just think about all this stuff, the nasty stuff, stuff that's on the ground. Yes that you know. Okay, if you're just in your driveway or whatever, your cars, your vehicles are bringing in, yes, ship shit, bird, ship, deer, ship whatever, like running. I mean, so crazy, but but it is funny. It's not like a I don't know, is this a I can't say taking your shoes off in the house is like a black white Asian thing, Like it should be an everybody thing. That should be everybody thing.
Speaker 2: But we know the people that are outside with no shoes on, that's cultural.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna call y'all out, but they Robbins Naples, Yeah, okay, because I don't. I don't even rob it's the only black person on the street. Okay, I have I have house slippers, yes, Like I don't even walk in my house barefoot. So that and that was something that my parents passed down to me, Like we don't walk around barefoot in the house. So it's like, how do you walk around barefoot outside? Right? That's yeah, And I go, I know I learned my lesson. I was in Ocean City Maryland at the beach, okay, and walking around barefoot. And I came home that next week, I have a wart on the bottom of up But yep, what's so like is a wart like hard kind of okay, like it gets hard, it's like, you know, it's you know, it's it's nasty. I can't I can't really remember did it did it hurt? Did it itch? But there's a wart on the bottom of my foot And I had to go to the pediatrist and they literally had to like cut it out. Oh god, yeah, yeah, So you learned your lesson. So I learned my That's when I learned my lesson about walking around barefoot anywhere. So if I'm at the pool the beach, I will always have some type of slipper on, especially like if there's wet like water on the ground. Yeah, no, I'm wearing my slippers all the way to the edge of the pool and then I'm getting in. They you know, well, they say, like in New Orleans, like especially when it's like Mighty Gras and the French quarters like stuff on the ground, like water on the ground or just like little puddles and stuff. They say they've made.
Speaker 2: An announcement, do not wear flip flops, do not wear open tool shoes in the streets of New Orleans friends during Mani Gron. So if they try and tell y'all something. Also, by the way, did we talk about don't plug your phone up, don't charge your phone at in the airport? No, TSA said, it's there's malware. There's all kinds of hackers and stuff, all kinds of hackers that have already put put like their instruments or whatever in these sockets. So when you plug up because you're traveling to these strange destinations for all of your basketballs, don't be plug up your phone in the airport to take a portable charger.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm dead serious, TSA. They made the announcement.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. No, but but that's so easy for them to do. But that's so easy for the hackers in fact, so it's not so they're not saying don't use the the Wi Fi at the airport.
Speaker 2: Are you sure it's what the electrical it's the charger, it's the plugs. What it's the plugs and probably the WiFi too.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't I wouldn't look hook up to that WiFi no, oh no, that's crazy. Yes anyway, okay, so wait a minute, we don't we have a special guest. Oh yeah, hold on, okay, guys, our least favorite person, yes, or he's back again our favorite by the way, the least favorite person that we don't talk about. So are Kanye and his and this girl? Are they together? On that? They look like they're together? Now they look like they're together. I thought that they was getting a divorce. Yeah, but she's now wearing skimpy clothes again and wigs to wigs and skippy clothes. Yeah. I just need fit to stop. Yeah, okay, all right, oh oh okay. So our favorite non favorite reasonably shady listener.
Speaker 2: His name is called Dick Hurts. For those of you all that don't know, he's been with us for some time. Welcome back, Yeah, welcome back, and heed himself Dick Hurts because I think his Dick Hurts. No, there was a reason why he named himself Dick Hurts.
Speaker 1: Yes. Remember the original question was about when you get a vsectomy something. Yeah, so he wrote in in responsible Yes he's affectionately calling him and then we just like, after reading a few of his letters, we've determined that Dick Hurts is Kevin hearttheart.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dick Hurts akaa Kevin Hart. Okay, so he says, dear ladies and all caps, I'm back once again.
Speaker 1: Bitches. Did you miss me? Question mark? Question mark? Yes? We miss act? Did we we missed him? Because he always comes for me. I know?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So he says, where do I start with my frustration for you? Damns? I don't want to be called a damn James. Dames, Dames, Okay, you're right, damns. Okay, Let's begin with episode one. I'm so frustrated with Jaselle's lack of knowledge on everything. See I don't even want to read this because this is just comedy, right the nerve of her to think it was Coco Jones who won the French Open. Let's start there, and then the conversation goes to self driving cars. Jaselle asked if Tesla's can drive can self drive? What planet has Giselle been on where she has missed years? Years, news reports, articles, conversations about Tesla's crashing while self driving, people sitting in becks in the back seats of Tesla's and getting arrested due to no one in the driver's seat and much more, but not only that question mark. I'm sure Jizelle has been to Las Vegas and or California in the last five years where there are actual waym vehicles self driving with no one at all in the cars on public roads. Yes, I have, and we've talked about that on the post I've talked about I was in San Francisco and they were all over the place, right and I wasn't getting in any Dick Hurts, listen to all the podcasts, not just the ones that make you make me mad.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, here we go, and to that.
Speaker 2: It's not just Tesla's and way Moods, but Cadillacs, Ford's, General Motors, Porsche all have some form of self driving technology.
Speaker 1: Gazelle, really, okay, my car can park itself, but all of like self driving, something like self parking. Like Ford has a self driving car.
Speaker 2: They probably don't because Dick Hurts thinks that he knows everything and he does it. And by the way, Porsche has a self driving they don't. By the way, my new car that I got it does the three sixty. What do you mean, like if you're parked one way, you can hit a button and it'll turn all the way I've done.
Speaker 1: Before it was crazy, like back up and nope, it'll just spind your ho straight around all right. So, Dick Kurtz, do you have that? No, you don't.
Speaker 2: I need to see that and have okay. And they've had it for years okay. And Tesla is weeks away from having their robot robot I guess it's robotaxi service, so driverless Tesla's will act as ubers lifts, but with no human driver at all in the car.
Speaker 1: And like sss, I don't like that at all. And I'm not doing this why I don't know? And then why are we eliminating jobs for people? Why let them have their job? Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it says Giselle, I'm gonna need you to date real men who are aware of technology, cars, science, and not these apparent losers you have been dating. Also suggestions less money spent on weave and makeup, and a bit more on blueberry purchases.
Speaker 1: Love you do you take? Okay? You know you do need to eat a lot of blueberries for them to actually like work work. It's like a handful. Okay. First of all, Dick, you don't know who I date. Okay, I'm not dating you, and you don't know whether or not bad they're real or they're losers. Okay. Oh he got something for you, Robin, he said. And Robin, you are not immune to getting some of this too. Boo. You stated that a neighbor of yours is a doctor and has a Tesla.
Speaker 2: The neighbor told you that she sleeps while her tesla drives her home. She said that this is a lie.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not lying. I didn't make it up.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's lying, he said, why, question Mark, Because Tesla's and Ford General motors have a car camera that monitors your eyes.
Speaker 1: Okay, really, okay, I don't believe that. So all right, Dick. So these vehicles have they monitor the eyes, but yet people have been pulled over for being in the back seat while the car was driving itself. So no, no, like they don't have anything monitoring your eyeballs. I mean they could, but I'm just saying, maybe this is a newer technology and maybe when my driver told me that she was sleeping while her Tesla drove her home, maybe it was like years before this technology where it monitors the eyes. Because I'm saying, Dick, if you say that people have been pulled over and arrested or whatever for sitting in the back seat while their car's driving them. So, how is that possible? How is that possible? Dick, Dick, get your fact straight.
Speaker 2: Then he goes on to say, if you close for longer than a blink or so warning lights, they alert you that if you do not immediately take control of the steering wheel and apply turning effort, then the car will soon put on its flashes and pull over and stop at the nearest safe place to do so, Dick.
Speaker 1: This a lie. This is a lot that might be true, but that might be more recent. They probably they probably put out these self driving cars, didn't think things through, didn't think people will be going to sleep, and then realize, okay, we need to add feature.
Speaker 2: This is definitely Kevin Hart, because this is some foolishness. Then he goes on to say, and no, putting on sunglasses will not defeat this technology. If you are wearing sunglasses, the camera sees this and will simply require you to do steering inputs every thirty seconds or so.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Dick has a tesla, and yes, Dick's mad because he can't sleep. Yes, in his tesla and his and his Dick no longer hurts. He has a hard on. He has a hard on for his tesla. Then he says, love you both, your pal, Dick Hurts, our pal. Okay, Dick, let's be clear, we're not friends. We're not friends, will never be friends. Okay, because you came for me and you came a rival. Okay, anybody, but Dick, I have a question. If you were to run into us one day, yeah, would I get food like Lebron, Yeah, we will just all get booed. But will you introduce yourself? Yes?
Speaker 2: And will you tell us are your real name? Because it's not Dick Hurts, right, tell us your real name. And as a matter of fact, the next time I have a show or something, I'm gonna need for you to pull up and let me know who you are so we can take a picture. Yes, okay, Next letter, this one. Okay, we did get some hate mail, not hate mail, but okay.
Speaker 1: Because that, because Dick Hurts, was just some hate, We're gonna get more. Well, this was in response to something we expected to have a little hate from. Okay, Alex says, listen here, y'all, stinky asses, might not need new Mariah Carey, but I do. Mariah can Mariah slander aside. I love the podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, is he going to talk about her new song?
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about it? Okay. Finally, like really listen to it. Okay. It sounds nothing like her, not one thing. Now.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even sound remotely like even a little bit like Maria carry who sang the song.
Speaker 1: Oh No, I'm listening to this song and I'm like huh. I'm like, okay, maybe she has a guest artist on it. So I'm like waiting for Mariah to come. And the whole song is like the same person singing I think sounds nothing like that. There's like a rapper on it with her? Is it? Why c up someone? I can't remember? So the whole song is like just this weird like stranger singing this song. I had to google the song. I typed in Mariah Carey type dangerous and see if it was like featuring yes song. So I don't know. Rihanna Mooney long says Coco Jones, like somebody and its golf right and it's not. It's Mariah Carey. Yeah, yeah, she should have left, just leave that for someone else. It did not sound like her whatsoever. Now, if you're a Mariah Carey fan, you know that's the truth. And if you're a Mariah Carey fan, and you have been for what we're going on three decades, probably a Mariah Carey you should be offended by the fact that she as.
Speaker 2: A song that sounds nothing like her. Not because we're all waiting for like we're waiting for that we don't.
Speaker 1: Get there, but not even that, it's just the voice itself does not sound like Mariah like I could not make it sound like Mariah Like. I was like, so, y'all can stand by that if you want to, but we're not standing by that. Yeah, okay, So somebody wants to know is this reasonable or is this shady? Okay?
Speaker 2: John Reid says I had a birthday a few years ago and my friend said, let's go for drinks. I asked if it's okay for me to order another drink? Now, mind you, I only had one drink, and they said, go ahead, because we're not paying for it.
Speaker 1: Who's paying for it? John Reid? Okay, okay? Is it reason's a shady for someone to invite you out let alone on your birth birthday and make you pay for your own drinks. Shady. I was like, that is the definition of shady. Hell with not even one drink. So he was being respectful. Yes, I was saying, hey, can I get another drink? Okay, can I get another drink? And they're like, we ain't paying for your drink in the first place, so drink up, buddy. It was the tap. I can't even owe yours. I can't even imagine like saying that to somebody that's let alone. I wonder if they knew it was his birthday. They probably didn't, don't. No, it's said they took him out for drinks for his birthday. I had a birthday a few years ago and my friends said, oh, let's go for drinks, so they knew it was his birthday. Damn wow, I'll start doing that. Yeah, I have no friends left. I mean, that's your standard. If you're taking somebody off of their birthday, you pay right. Otherwise don't take them. Yeah, please don't. And it's not wait until the next day, right, And it's not like the pleasure at the bar you want to join me, and it's not like the pleasure of the company is the payment, like no, no, no, like I'm gonna pay for your drinks. Yeah, that's shady. Don't ever do that, you know, to your friends, if you invite them out on their birthday to celebrate their birthday, then they should be treated kay and even I mean okay, one too? How many? How many? A right? So if you invited me out for drinks, made you want and I'm gonna try to get you drunk and I'm taking them back, yes, six, yes, yeah, okay, I'm gonna help you even further. So I had an event recently, yeah, and I had a five thousand dollars minimum on the bar, which I felt like it was a lot. Yeah, right, because it's not to make people at the party.
Speaker 2: It's like this is this is I'm good. I'm probably not gonna make the minimum. So I've kind of made an announcement like I have a five thousand dollars minimum on this bar because I don't think I'm gonna make it. And you know, at the end, I'm just like I've got to pay this money, so y'all might.
Speaker 1: As well have toube.
Speaker 2: So I said, look top shelf, only like y'all, y'll kill it. Seven thousand dollars later.
Speaker 1: Oh no, these fools went bananas on the bar. I couldn't believe it. I was blown away, Like I was just like, are you effing kidding me? Let's say less, say less, so Robin, to answer your question, Yeah, I might cut you off because you can drink, but you know, I don't drink like that anymore though. I know, but I think you got it in you. You got it in you. Yeah, yeah, I think if you're falling out, which I've seen, I'm gonna cut you off, not because I don't want to pay for your drinks, but because you've had enough, right, yes, right, but just in general, like I don't know, I am thinking like, Okay, if I took someone out for the birthday and they're just like slamming them back, I don't know. I guess I'm like, it's your birthday, I'm gonna let you have it. Yeah, go for it. Going forward, we having.
Speaker 2: A good time, yes, yes, yes, And it's your job to be the responsible person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only pay, but get the person home exactly right. And then if that person drove, then okay, we're gonna let's let's figure out some alternate Yeah, transportations like yeah, sure, you get ubered. Let your friends have a blast. Yes, that is that's what you do. That's crazy. And if you can't afford it, then don't offer. Right, Yeah, yeah, that's great. Oh I have an update. Yeah. So remember we talked a couple episodes about like products that we like purchased that you know we're either good or bad or we whatever. And I was talking about the dice in air wrap that I spent like, yeah, five hundred dollars on and I don't use it.
Speaker 2: Now, Wait a minute, was this the one that you put your hair around it?
Speaker 1: It's like it like sucks your hair up and twists it. Okay, because I.
Speaker 2: Saw Cardi b has something, oh really got like a she's got something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, go ahead. So I talked about the podcast. So someone Anna from Vegas reached out to me, was like, hey, Rob, and I'll buy your dicing from you. No way, Anna bought the dice in not shifted to her. Wait wait she hasn't wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, oh my god, what else can I sell? I gotta look, I got a bunch of shit I can sell, y'all. Okay, So did you give it to her like these shoes. I never heard doing that on the podcasts. This is not a flea market, mab like once once a podcast. Okay, okay, the product of the day, reasonably shady is not turned into a flea market. For the record, However, I'm intrigued. Okay, So did you sell it to her at cost? Did you sell it to her half off? So apparently I said, I think I said on the podcast. I was like, I'll sell it to you half off half what I paid. Okay, So she's so I sold it. So I paid five hundred dollars for it, okay, So I sold it to her for two fifty and then I added fifteen dollars for shipping. Oh wow. Now when I went to the UPS store, I didn't have a so I have like a ups count account business account, but I didn't have a box big enough to ship it, so I had to go to the UPS store. So I just was like, okay, can y'all like pack this up and let me know how much it will cost to ship it? So they like put it on the scale, put her address in, and they were like, oh, it's it's going to be forty one dollars to ship? Did you charge her forty one dollars? Oh? I charged I charged her fifteen dollars. I charged this was so I charged her thinking yes, ahead of time. I'm like, okay, oh okay, it's gonna cost me like fifteen dollars a ship, right, So I had already charged her. I had already charged her, right, and she'd already paid. So I'm at the place trying to ship the stuff and E sapt forty one dollars. I was like what I said? And then what about I'm like, so what about the box? And like packing it up? Like, oh, that'll be fifteen dollars damn. So I was like, oh, hell no. So I just got the box and I went back home and I went to my computer and I logged into my business account. Yeah, and it was and it charged and it was cost me eleven dollars to ship? How much was it before? Forty one? Forty one at the UPS store? So what's what's UPS is running a racket. It's just when you have a UPS account like a business account, and I have the business account because i'd tell my embellished hat. So you get discounts as a retailer as a business. So I just shipped it like from in Bellish. Did she get it yet? She she got it, Yeah, she got it. But I can't believe forty one dollars to ship. Okay, so you also need to put your peloton on Peloton. Oh yeah, anyone want a Peloton? Anyone want a Peloton? How much? I'll give you a good price on that. All right? What do pelotons cost these dates? This is like a two thousand dollar thing. How much Peloton's got? How much do they cost? I mean, are people even buying pelotons anymore?
Speaker 2: I know, I think people do because people, you know, some people like them.
Speaker 1: They like the whole Yeah, the ass you know, all of it, the classes, and I do still. So even though I don't use my Peloton bike, the Peloton app itself, which I pay, I might pay them like forty dollars a month. They have a lot of classes on there that's not just for the bike, like strength training, yoga and stretch and all this type of stuff. So that alone, even if you don't have the bike, you could get on that app. Okay, So let me let me tell you how much how much of pelotons called how much a Peloton is brand spanking new Peloton bike by new fourteen forty five, fourteen hundred dollars. Okay, so you would is that right? I think so? Yeah, so you would pay? Or they're selling refurbished ones for eleven forty five. This is on the Peloton website. Okay, so I'm thinking seven to fifty a thousand. I don't know. I mean, I've had it for a long it's probably not the What version do I have? You know? Okay? Sound yeah? Five hundred five negotiating for the people.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is serious going on. We used to be shady has gone to the ships.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Okay, five hunch for the Peloton. Okay, here we go. Another letter. This is from Oh she said, don't please don't share my name? Okay, okay, So hey Carol, all right, dear Giselle and Robin. I mean, huge fan of RHP and the podcast. I listen faithfully on my drive to work every Monday. I'm writing because I'm in a crossroads with a friend and considering ending the friendship. Oh. For background, we became fast friends years ago through our then boyfriends who are now our fiances, and she will possibly be included in my bridal party. Over the past couple of years, I've noticed that after we hang out, it's not a fun, warm exchange. I often leave thinking, wow, are me? Are we more like frenemies? So some examples, if something big happens in my life, she never celebrates it. I could post on IG's stories and she'll view it and not say anything. Also, anytime we're together, she makes a point to mention how she doesn't really need friends, and then she always has shady comments, leaving me on guard constantly. It's becoming less and less enjoyable to be around her. And as I listen to you all each week and hear the genuine relationships you have, I find myself questioning the authenticity of my own friends circle my questions. Am I being too sensitive? How do you know when someone is truly your friend? And how do you know when it's time to end a friendship? All? Right?
Speaker 2: I think that a part of this could be the girlfriend is going through something right, and so she's not capable of being happy for you because she's going through her own stuff. And sometimes as a girlfriend we just need to recognize it.
Speaker 1: Just bear with it, right, Yeah? I think, Okay, so in this case, I'm trying to like read through it again. I wouldn't take anything personal. No, you know, this could just be she going through Selectazelle says she's going through something or she's gone through something and maybe her like things have just changed and how she kind of relates to the world and to people around her. But I say, if you don't enjoy being around her, if you're around her and you're finding that it's not fun, it's less enjoyable that you know she's being shady all the time and you feel like you're on guard, then you might want to just pull back for yourself. Yes, pull back, And I don't think that requires a conversation or a come to Jesus moment, you know, unless you really feel strongly about her as a friend. Yeah. Like so if you really feel strongly about her and you don't want to lose her friendship, then it's worth a conversation. Yea. So how do you know when someone is truly your friend? That's friends come in all different forms. Yeah, you have.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a feeling, like you know, when somebody support you and they're genuine, right.
Speaker 1: You have friends that are like the ones you can just call to chit chat. You have ones that you can call when you like really need something. You have friends that you just hang out with. So it really depends. It's like you can you can't expect one friend to be like to check all the boxes, right. If they do, then that's great, that's wonderful. But just because someone doesn't check all of the boxes or that doesn't mean that they can't be a friend totally. I think for you, it's just you gotta go with your gut in your heart and how she makes you feel. And if you feel like she's not happy for you, she's not supportive, you don't enjoy being around her, then yeah, I think you should probably scale the friendship back and just know that you can't really expect much from her.
Speaker 2: And I think sometimes stuff plays out like you just gotta let it play out. She's either going to show up as a friend or she's not, and you will know and then you cut her off, yeah, cause like you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to show me.
Speaker 2: Over and over again you don't really like me, yeah, and you just gotta show me like once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like just out said, she also could be dealing with just she did her own stuff, her own issues, her own time constraints, her own whatever it might be, you know, her own.
Speaker 2: Stress relationship she could be going through. Yeah, so so.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I say, like, don't throw her in the trash if it's like nothing on fast, put her in there. Put her in the refrigerator, not the freezer. Yeah okay, okay, because when somebody's in the freezer, they ain't never getting now they frozen. But put her in their freezer. Yeah, you can go back in write with her, yeah yea yeah, but manage your expectations. Yes, all right, this is our last one. Yeah, okay, So this here is from Ty Shane Hi Ty Shane tie tie ty Shane Shane Okay Shane to Shane, Okay to Shane or tie Shane hijaz Ellen Robin. I really need some advice. I have a friend I've known since like eighth ninth grade. We got closer after high school. After high school, not in a romantic way. So she has these friends that are full fledged right wing, if you know what I mean. They say the N word, they write it on her hands as a joke. They have rebel fled hanging in their bedrooms. I've told her it's not right and we just live in a place where these people get away with it. But instead she teaches her friend's three year old white child to say exactly what you think and wanted me to think it's funny. What. I really don't know what I should do. What I've definitely been a little harsh about because her father, who's from this twenty thousand population town, says they're okay, and I just don't think it's right. Now, if y'all could right back or put it in the show and I could send it to her, and she hears from too strong black, Wow, we gotta tell you what to do with the racists, Like we are not the racist police. Okay, you should know what to do with the racist right. Okay, so listen, this is a foolishness. Listen. If they see no problem with saying the N word or teaching it to kids, or having the rebel flags or being around that, then like you.
Speaker 2: Really shouldn't even have to ask us, Yes, the right is on the wall. Yeah, so and if you don't say anything, then you can owning it. So I suggest that you put your big girl panties on or big boy, panties on. Hot if it's a man or woman, put your panties on and go handle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because don't make us handle it. Yeah. I mean honestly, I would just just pull back. Yeah, pull back, No, not pull back. Let them know that that shit is wrong. Well, but they don't seem to think it they I mean, it seems like she's had I've definitely been a little harsh about it. Shane har Shane is they're okay when you feel something, say something. I feel like she has. Yeah. I told her it's not right. Okay, well we take it down. Yeah, and stop saying the N word. So you live in a place where people get away with this type of nonsense thoughts, process or behavior or mentality, and it's not right. And if they I just don't want that for you. I don't want you to subject yourself to that. I think you should pull back from that because if they don't think it's right today, they're not gonna think they're They're they're going to continue to think. Yes, if they think it's right today, they're going to continue to think that it's right tomorrow and forever and ever and ever. And with this new regime.
Speaker 2: I think we should all speak out about things that we know are not right and are not fair.
Speaker 1: And maybe because of the administration and Donald Trump and what's been going on, maybe they feel like it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, they feel really bold out here. They're really loud and proud, and it's wrong. So whoever you are, ty Shane, get into it and report back, report back to us that you told it's racist.
Speaker 1: To cut it out. Yeah, yeah, no, no, it's not okay. If someone I remember, shoot, I think I don't know if I shared this. I was on a cruise one and only cruise, yeah, first and last, with two of my girlfriends. We were young. We were like maybe still in college or just out of college. And you know, I'm light skinned black women, and they're they're fair skin but they they're not as you know, you look at him, you know that they're black women, at least from our perspective. So we started like hanging out with this white guy and he played. He was like a golfer. He was young. We were just hanging out with him, and out of nowhere, he just says the N word. What and we all like, excuse you? We all looked at each other. With confusion because we were like, he doesn't realize that we are black women. Apparently not, and we instantly were like, oh, got's to go, like, oh no, yes, we will not be hanging out with you anymore. We will not be talking to you.
Speaker 2: Yeahah no no no, Like I said, when you see something, say something like absolutely not, We're not doing it.
Speaker 1: And I think we said to him like we do you do you know that we're black? Like what he said, and he was like, it's so caught off, like he had no idea we were black. I'm like, what did I understand? Okay, you didn't know what I was. But my friends, I was like, what did you think they were? Maybe? I don't know. It was very weird, but as soon as he said the N word, we were out peace. Do not ever speak to us again ever. Yeah, okay, this is really really the Oh is this John Reid again? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a picture of John Reid, so it says Gazelle, you are right, I do need to be more specific with my questions.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I told him to be specific. Okay, So I was wondering. Lately the question has been which sex, Oh, which sex? And the city character are you which one do you guys think you are? By the way, here's a pick of me and my pride attire. Okay, so can we show him? No, that is for us, that's for us.
Speaker 1: Okay. He has on a miriajh carry. We'll show the back.
Speaker 2: He has on a Mariah Carey in the front of his shirt, so clearly this is a Mariah Carey fan.
Speaker 1: And this is I think John is the one that asked who was our gay icon? Yes? Right? Is that? I think so? And we were like and then Mariah Carey was his gay icon and realized, huh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Get it right because because it was something like the person has to be gay. But okay, yes, anyway, and this is this is actually a cute little shirt on the back and it says, shade never looks so good, shade never looks so good, Shade never made anybody less gay. Yes, yes, yes, yes, but I like the I like the I like it anyway.
Speaker 1: So, okay, have we ever talked about who we are on Sex and the City? No, because you know it's so funny. I was gonna even talk about Sex and the City with you. Yeah, because I saw like they have a new season out they do. I've seen like one or two episodes, okay, And I was gonna tell you I've never watched Sex in the City. What no friendship is now over? I watched the first movie. I don't know why I went to the movie. So I went to the first movie. Okay, But I did not watch Sex and the City. What were you doing as we were all doing it? We were all watching We're all carry Bradshaw Miranda think I was Samantha. I think I was watching like twenty four, like something where people go blown up. We watched that too, But you Sex and the City. I never watched it never. Okay, So I'm familiar, okay, yes, new all right, let me I'm familiar with the characters. Samantha is Carrie Bradshaw. No, Samantha is the other one. And she's Samantha is like always having sex? Oh like this, yes, Kim, And so Carrie Carrie is s J Yes, and Cynthia Dixon is Nixon. Nixon is Miranda Miranda, and it's Charlotte. Charlotte is something. Yes, So who would you be? I don't think I'm any of them. I would give you, Okay. I don't watch enough to know, but I think I would give.
Speaker 2: You Miranda only because she's very organized and she's you know, she's I don't want to say she's a businesswoman, but she's like I would give you old Miranda, not ran New Miranda's gay. Yes, so I would give you old Miranda. And she had this like love affair with Steve, and you know that could kind of you and Wan because they were together then they broke up and then they got back together. So that's maybe you and wandash Yeah. I can't even say yes or no because I don't know about it.
Speaker 1: So love Hotel.
Speaker 2: They would ask us all the time because it was four of us, so I, of course Samantha would be Luyne.
Speaker 1: Not of course love you Luyne.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Carrie was kind of up for grabs, but we gave Carrie to Ashley and.
Speaker 1: Samantha, not Samantha Charlotte. I felt like I was the Charlotte of the group because she had the sense, she had, the the practicality, she had, the you know, she's she believed in love, but like wasn't going to play for the foolishness. But you know that was we couldn't really figure out between me and Shannon, and then there's Miranda. So yeah, you you you'd be a mix up of several people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not, it's not. It's not straight across the board. So I don't know John Reid, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We don't. I don't know why. I never really got into it. I never watched it, never got into it. It's your homework, eh, I'm good, it's so good. Really, yes, Okay, Robin is not a real person. I am everyone I know. It was like so that okay, what everyone watched? Sex and the City Game of Throne? Yesh, what's wrong with you? I don't know. You just don't like whatever. I didn't. Okay, let's go through another Friends. Did you watch Friends? Yes? Nope, nope. Never. I can understand that because a lot of people were like, Okay, I'm not I can't get into it. Okay, I feel like a lot of people watch Seinfeldt. Yes nope, what nope? Oh we're done. No, this relationship is over. No I'm kidding, but like, but sein felt is like iconic? Yeah no, wow, So you don't like the soup Nazi you don't know what that is? Nope? Wow, this is who y'all come from Robed in the comments, I don't know what's okay? Is there something wrong with me? Yeah? So you you was this wand dictating what y'all were watching? No, did you? Y'all always watch stuff together? We will watch stuff together. But I'm just I mean, I'm trying to rememberhen these shows are on, Like, especially if he was in the NBA, they traveled a lot, so I definitely had time to watch to watch what I wanted to watch. Okay, well a lot to go back. Don't they have this summer? Oh yeah, I mean I could watch a lot of stuff. Yeah, or where's everything now? I mean on Netflix? Just be streaming somewhere.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, get into it. Maybe not Seinfeld, but like do a little sex in the city. You'll like, not not the first, second or third season, maybe like get in like fourth season.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, okay, totally.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, don't ever forget to live your life. That is an episode reasonable or Shady, and y'all tell Robin to get into.
Speaker 1: It or both. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, Ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady