Speaker 1: Top five chicagoans is the Pope? Is he did here back the top five? No, not even close.
Speaker 2: No, not even in the top twenty. Now you're gonna have to earn the risk.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 2: Is Robby Williams from Chicago. He is, oh man, that's he is. He was born in Chicago Land area, right, Okay?
Speaker 1: Do I associate him with San Francisco just because that's where Missus doubt fire takes place?
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, Yeah, probably I think he I think like I think he went through San Francio for a little bit he did during the course of his comedy career.
Speaker 2: I don't think he ever like claimed Chicago.
Speaker 4: This is me. I'm over here. I'm an alien. Yeah.
Speaker 2: More commandy, baby Jack, you could be a more commanding Yeah.
Speaker 4: Whoa. That's wow. Like breath person turning into a werewolf. It's like Will Smith's Will Smith, Will Smith. This is the bounce back. Oh boy, Chagos, Kanye West, r Kelly, Jenny McCarthy.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying there's room on the list, like some spots have been vacated recently.
Speaker 2: Hugh Hefner, I forgot he was from Chicago. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, damn John, Okay, you got John Cusack, the goat always good. John CU's like the goat, Don Cornelius, John Belushi.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of a lot of comedians right, like.
Speaker 2: But you also you also have to take an account that, like a lot of Chicagoans will claim people who call Chicago home that aren't from there or like or that you just meant a lot to this, like Michael Jordan's it was only in Chicago for the years he played with the Bulls. Once the Bulls, he left Chicago and has never come back, but he will Stills and.
Speaker 1: Wheeling, West Virginia. I would claim him for Wheeling, West Virginia, like, you know, on his way up the Eastern If like that, I would be like famous.
Speaker 4: If it's private jet dumped human waste above the valley, I would be like, yeah, you know, Michael Jordan's been the valley since since since day one.
Speaker 1: Obviously, if he Dave Matthews banded tour bust, I would say, we're from the same hometown exactly. Whoever was in the direct path of the Dave Matthews shit slurry should be on the Top twenty, just like Honorary Top twenty Chicago.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, it was an there's probably a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the person who was just like encased, you know.
Speaker 4: Is there. I wonder if has someone done like an am a on Reddit. I feel like that would be something we're like, dude, I was covered in DMB feces miles.
Speaker 2: You should you should do you should do ama as that even though like it was just line, nobody has to know. Yeah, just yeah, yeah, that's what the ninety seven seven percent of red it is anyway.
Speaker 1: That's why if they ever remake Jaws, the speech that Quinn gives Quinn gives about the singing of the Indianapolis should be replaced by somebody who was on that boat. You were on the DMB boat caught dmd's shit, s lurry.
Speaker 4: Dmb's bi.
Speaker 2: DMPs BMS baby.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three ninety three, Episode two of Dirtilly's I'd Guys production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Tuesday, June seventeenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, classic date, Classic date. You know what it is. It's National Mascot Day. Shout out the people who get in those suits and bring the team spirit or you know, just have to hug strange adult strangers at Disneyland. While just as Mickey mout, it's also national ship, like just the one of the worst places to go to work if you are not good at plugging your nose yo, And I just got su do you At your high school, was there like a mascot suit for the for whoever it was my high school, we were the Knights, and we was just janky ass suit of armor that I remember was it was Rebecca. I'm not gonna say your last name. I remember Rebecca would always wear the plane that armor, but underneath was like this mesh sort of chain mail like layer that that ship smelled like straight up like seventy year old helmet, you know what I mean. Like there's so much sweat over the decades from generations past, just.
Speaker 1: Like gym sucks passed down from generation to generations.
Speaker 2: So anyway, and so much it did it did.
Speaker 4: When I graduated. When I graduated, I cut the sleeve off, took that home. I chewed it the whole way home. Anyways. Cherry Tart Day, National Apple Sertal Day, Nationally each Your Vegetable Day, and National Root beer day.
Speaker 5: But the p A.
Speaker 1: Lot of treats compete buying for supremacy, cherry tart and apple.
Speaker 2: Strudel, new additions, new additional.
Speaker 4: Yet is fine?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll shout out to the strudle and the cherry tart.
Speaker 4: I'll go cherry tart over einstrude. I would like the best video. Look that up on TikTok. There was a this was a German TikTok trend with people just going ooh ein And it was based on this like these kids were like in a park playing with like a spiral sort of like machine thing, and this older woman just comes up on a bike while they're playing and she's like oh, and it became it's the best way you do that. I don't know, I don't even German. I was just like this is the best. And seeing all these young people just do their own version, I'm like, clearly this caught on is pist buck. It is pist buck. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Another classic? All right, well my name is Jack O'Brien. Akay, whatever happened to Mary Kayden, Ashley, the Frenchman?
Speaker 4: The Wolf connect?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shaped lexes when the TV is on and your home alone portal is waiting.
Speaker 4: To voodoo your home.
Speaker 5: DJ Tanner's Cooked Sugar a doo bah but da ba yeah, full House theme, hell yeah about missing Mary Kate Nashley.
Speaker 1: Now the DJ Tanner has gone full Your TV is a portal through which Satan is trying to capture your soul.
Speaker 4: I didn't really like the the full House theme goes on forever.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find the like part where about being home alone. But it's a depressing song that goes on forever.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of a lot of vamping in the middle when we're being introduced to Dave Coolier and Jenen Stamos, Jesse Frederick. That's the guy who was the vocalist that bro this dude matter Full House Family Matters, that Strangers he did Perfect Stranger. Oh, he did Perfect Stranger too. He's just one of those. He's just one of those themes show freaks. Yeah, Clad Valerie Valerie's family. He's a Valerie Valerie. This is like when they were yeah, you know, like miller Boy yet remember that production company. I think he was like signed to miller Boy yet to be like and this is our muse from shows. You remember that good Doggie. Yeah, Jesse Frederick's got that real occasion sound. Whatever. Where are you from? I'm from Oh you're from the oh ain't you? No, I'm from Salisbury, Maryland.
Speaker 2: The whitest, the whitest part of it, Salisbury Melany. Yeah, Bobby Caldwell so yeah, yeah, Blue, Yeah exactly. That was the wave back then.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gras.
Speaker 4: It's the Showgun with no Gun, the Lord of Lancersham just out here still in Los Angeles. That is fine again, It's just we have an invasion of federal intruders who are fucking with our way of life. And also turns out it sounds like Trump is really mad because they're ramping up the ice raids. They said, only in the cities, only in the blue cities that have the biggest turnouts. Yeah, nothing to do with it. You like it now, It's like King's fucked, bro, Like it's the city is so there is like a cloud of tragedy that hangs over La regardless, like just so much. There's so little life out there. I feel like when I go out there, there is not people on the streets, like there used to be because we're ducking roving goon squads out here. But ah yeah, anyway, Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Love Ula, We love u La. Speaking of we love you, Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat. We love an award winning podcast host, writer, producer, and actor who we love. You know him from Grand Crew, him father host of the truly great live show comedian Clash, about to be in Texas.
Speaker 6: We'll have to find out about that. Stay tuned for dates. It's Jacky, who's that guess? So scandalous? You know that game came handless looking at jack like, who's the big and we live in the vidy looka Myles got dumped like a truck truck trunk.
Speaker 2: Jack's likes but Jack like, but but jack keys likes the fuck? Fuck all that, loan, let us see your thumb. There's no need to change the last part of that. We want to see you still want to see your throngs? What up, negroes.
Speaker 4: I remember when the thong song came out. I remember I pulled my boxers up into a thong and grossed all the girls out at my school too, And they're like, you pulled your hands down and did that or you pulled over. I was like sagging, you know what I mean, because it was like the era. I was like, we could do a upper cheek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're like, don't even sagging already. So yeah, hey man, you know what I'm saying. Listen already I was.
Speaker 4: Sagging in the Sagan in ninety one when you were still you were sagging like Chet Holmgren, my fashion, everybody got.
Speaker 2: You got a little chat homegrown. Yeah I can see it. I can see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see it.
Speaker 1: That's who I modeled myself after, both in terms of just like my look, my overall vibe, and also literary taste.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, reading.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about the video that blew my mind last week of Chet Holmgren Take Things I Can't live Without, and he was like, I've got these books and he said, I like them coffee. I call them coffee table books. They are just coffee table books books. He does a trump thing like he invented the phrase, and then he just he goes through like one is like cool jewelry that.
Speaker 4: Like famous people have had, and then he's like, but it's not just that one. I have other varieties of book like this one. Like this one that shows people Virgil in peace, but he called the calls other books, other variety of books is one of my favorite things. Do you think he like fans the pages as if it's like wine that needs to breathe.
Speaker 2: Of course he does.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, I like that. This is like, that's a real book bookie connoisseur thing to do. I like the smell a book.
Speaker 3: Sniff it there you go, especially coffee table books that are newly purchased from an outdoor moral market.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, wonderful to have you.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it true what I've heard that you're gonna be in Texas?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yes it is. It's true. And let me tell you what I'm doing there. I am rounding up white people and deporting them back to Europe. Bag, that is what I'm doing. If you look like you're white with blonde hair, you're going back to If you look like you know you got your spicy white, I'm taking you ass back to Greece wherever you from spicy whites.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then after that, we we're bringing Comedian clash to Texas. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's our first look. We've played in other cities before. Chicago, San Francisco, a couple other smaller towns, but we're doing like a full go to a place, get in the car, go to the next place, three city tour in Texas, Wow. And when this comes out next week basically, So June twenty six is our first date in Houston at the Match Theater, and we are coming with another group called Holy I prov but we're doing our full comedian class show. Audience members are going to be able to play with the people we're bringing, which is Carl Tart, Done Me, Rayka Shanka, and we got Chance mccrarrie from Smash Fame, So a lot of really dope ass people Houston. Then we're doing Austin on the twenty seventh, all the stints, all the stins, and then we're doing a combined show. We're not doing gabble stons. I wouldn't let us in. Yeah yeah, yeah, they wouldn't let us in. But we're doing that at Aco Life, So come out to that. That's gonna be a combined show. It's gonna be a good time. And then we're ending it off with Sunday, June twenty ninth in Dallas, Mattinee two thirty at four day weekend. I'm gonna be real with y'all. If the Zeit gangs in Texas, please come out. If you are in Dallas, we struggling with them, Dallas tickets, baby. A few people that I know have been coming through to Dallas and we're like, yo, we struggled in Dallas. So Dallas, where your comedy fans at? Come on where your comedy fans at? Like, buy some tickets. Come out to Comedian Clash two thirty pm Mattinee on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: And we know you're there, Dallas. We know you, They see you. You can Saturday still sleep in, make a comedy show by two thirty, and then you still have the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: And then you're out by four block baby at the latest. So come on out. My website is we can get all the tickets Jackiesneil dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know Zichang likes to show up, so I wanted to come on down. Lay the challenge down. Come on now, help us sell tickets, help us and I want to meet you guys. I love you know I'm gonna be there ship. I ain't got nothing else to do. I can't go home.
Speaker 4: So I'll go like, you know what y'all are doing? After He's like, where are we going? After?
Speaker 2: What we're going? After? Man, show me some barbecue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, take him out for a good time.
Speaker 2: Show me some barbecue. Show me a gun, show me something, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, okay, Well, Miles say take your keys out, and you say, in.
Speaker 2: Texas, show me a margarita. There's some barbecue text X, show me show me a nine millimeter bullet. All right, well, now come on out man little Yeah, all right, thank youall guys. I'll be the rest of the ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, man, I should have you know. You're just gonna your heart's not can be in it. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. Person. We're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. Uh, we're going to talk about just the the audacity, the audacity of grift is really.
Speaker 1: Where we're at right now. Just how much become normalized we got the I mean, this is what famous people do now, right They start a mobile phone company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. That's what Trump's doing.
Speaker 2: He's crazy.
Speaker 1: He's talking to his publicist being like I want to do the Ryan Reynolds playbook.
Speaker 4: Why should that dude?
Speaker 1: He's gonna he's gonna release a gin pretty soon if he hasn't already.
Speaker 4: There was a vodka I think in two thousand and three or two thousand failed spectacle. I've never think I think the ship is poison. I've never drank it before. Drink this garden enjoy to find out the finest garbage.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about corporate cowardice backing out of Juneteenth celebrations.
Speaker 4: Uh, We'll talk about the a.
Speaker 1: Dangerous double standard again. I'm gonna we're gonna win this civil war by pointing out all the double standards. But there is a dangerous one happening with with regards to masks and who's allowed to wear masks. We might even talk about all the companies that are sharing our private information with Ice.
Speaker 4: But we got to.
Speaker 1: Talk about two new bangers released from Luminaries from our childhood. Will Smith, creator of the very first.
Speaker 4: Cassette tape that I ever purchased, Damn Son Yeah, and Mariah Carey.
Speaker 2: I creator of the very first orgasm, I not inventor of the organ the orgasm Riah Carrey.
Speaker 1: Both of them dropped videos of the weekend to similar levels of success stick integrity as far as I'm concerned. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about spaceballs too, coming back. Hell, yes, we'll talk about an HBO show that might have just gotten another person to confess to murder.
Speaker 4: All that. Oh yeah, yeah, we cann get to all every single one of those. Damn.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like HBO documentaries have a higher solve rate than like actual police, any police in the United States, any police force. Wild a camera does all of that plenty more. But first, you keys, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: So let me make people sad. Okay, all right, I to my cats passed away year, cat passed away, my latest cat passed away last month, and and so you know, if you want to make me happy, Texas, come on now. Everybody else but I take a fore friend. Yeah, you ain't gotta come, We don't. We won't care if the audience is empty. We just want the money.
Speaker 4: It was like those QAnon movies or a bunch of Yeah, church to buy out the theater.
Speaker 2: Get your church to buy out the theater. Jack case's cat died. But let me raise you back up. I don't want another cat right now, but I think I want to buy some fish. I want to, like to get a fish tank. I want to get a fish tank. So I've been looking at like fish tanks and like how to start one up and what to do and how to clean it and things like that, because I'm like, I had a fish tank when I was a teenager. My family did. But I go to like homies houses and nobody got fish bro nobody aquarium.
Speaker 4: Is it's not the wave that it used to be.
Speaker 2: I feel like, you know, like even when I was in like my single phase, I never went over ladies houses to have fish. Ladies or whoever you date, do you go over people's houses they have fishes, and you like, is that weird? Bad? It used to be like it used to be a like a statement of like yeah, oh like classiness, like even yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bad Guy and Naked Gun had fish tank.
Speaker 4: I think that's the thing, is it. We've just aged out of the fish tank being cool because that was like some drug dealer bad guy ship. When we're in the eighties, you know, we're like, yeah, fish, how many drug dealers.
Speaker 1: Are you dating Chikis? Maybe that's the issue.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember what drug dealers, so many drug dealers I knew in the early odds, fucking fish tanks, fish tanks, some kind of aquarium popping off.
Speaker 2: Paula, you got a fish tank and she sells the best here. And I shouldn't say that what people are getting deported, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do wonder how much of it is, like because I've been to people's houses with fish tanks, but they're like people who have kids. They're the age that my kids are, So I wonder if it's like a thing that's like really appealing to young if.
Speaker 2: You're a kid. I guess I don't know. I just want to do because I I don't want another I don't want another cat. I don't want a dog. But for the first time since I've lived out in Los Angeles, I literally am alone in my apartment. Whether it is you know, I'm not living with a partner or have like another creature. I feel like, even though I know fish tanks are work, like that's what people don't realize. I feel like it's nice to just have something that I can like take care of that feels a little less, you know, heavy. Yeah, yeah, but you know, maybe I'll even name my fish maybe ready because people I might not be it might be too much.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 2: Which is a name blue one.
Speaker 4: That's blue, one, that's red. Three, that's three right there, baby.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's that's what I'm I'm I think I'm going to do and I'm going to pull the proverbial trigger. And I think we had a lot.
Speaker 4: Of guys for somebody about to head to Texas.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I'm getting, ready, baby, you're in the zone. I'm coming. As soon as I walk on stage, I'm have a cowboy hat on and a rifle on my arm.
Speaker 1: Shooting into the ground, propelling yourself off the ground.
Speaker 4: Like. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we we experimented with the fish tank and the experiment did not go well.
Speaker 4: Still not sure exactly what I fucked up.
Speaker 1: But we've also been looking at turtles, and both fish and turtles. The thing that I run into because these are like starter pets, like we had dogs, but you know they passed away from old age. My wife and I've been married a long time and were our kids are interested in pets. As Victor said the chat, like fish turtles, these are like your Starter pets to see if the kids are ready for another pet. The size of tank. You go on like Reddit and the people who are turtle experts are like, you're gonna need to convert a room to like keep a turtle.
Speaker 4: Like a turtle needs a turtle.
Speaker 2: I know that's what I'm saying, but I mean to think what the turtle is. They can grow based on the size of space, yeah, and so like if you keep a turtle in a tank, it just won't grow.
Speaker 1: Like I have friends who have turtles that are in a like small fish tank, and yeah, they seem happy. I have spoken at length with them, but they seem great. But then yeah, you like sometimes they're like, that's absolutely not enough space for any breathe.
Speaker 4: But if that's even the case, like that will put me off to having a turtle. I'm like, that's exactly what happened. I cleaned, I cleaned the tank.
Speaker 1: I was ready to pull the proverbial trigger, and then I backed off once I saw how much they were like, that's enough for a quarter of a turtle.
Speaker 2: Stop listening to turtle experts, marine biologists, stop. Stop do your own research. And we call it trial and error.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe that turtle wanted to be small.
Speaker 2: Maybe it does. Maybe it does. Maybe it wants to touch each Maybe it wants to like touch each side of the tank with all of his limbs.
Speaker 4: Shit out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dominate the space, really dominate the space, you know, maybe that's what it wants.
Speaker 4: Look, he gets to like do little turns. You can move.
Speaker 1: You can move plenty, you can move. It is something you think is underrated.
Speaker 2: You know something that I think is underrated is a pillow. A pillow is underrated. I feel like, let me tell you, man, I'm a side sleeper. Mm hm and and and look, I envy anyone who is a great sleeper who can lay down on any surface and just go to sleep, who have found their comfortable things. But for those of us that have not, and those of us that have recicks that, oh my body isn't supposed to feel like this when I wake up, things like that. Your pillow is a pretty big part of that. So, like, I now have a pillow that like keeps my neck level and railer it up. It's a little cradle, it has a little side thing and my arm can go on. It's a size sleeper pillow. Because I'm primarily a side sepper. If you're not get you a pillow that's like suited for you, Like, find you your pillow. Stop being okay with bad quality of sleep.
Speaker 4: I it took my house to burn down and everything in it for me to get real about a pillow. Seriously, before I was using like criminally old pillows. Okay, like ship from when I was a child that like you just inherit you move out the house, You're like, y'a, mom, I'm taking these.
Speaker 7: Pillows through a murder, Please wash your pillows to But then I remember on the show Jack Of like maybe last year or the year before, we read an article about how they're like, yeah, you got to replace those pillows like every year, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like two to three years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, okay, so I'm totally fucking myself over with these old ass pillows. Yeah, I'm I just having a newer pillow, like designed for longevity and not from like the seventies. Night and Day. I got pillows.
Speaker 1: Sponges and underwear are in this category of thing that I net. I will use them until they fall to literal pieces. Yeah, like when you look on the back of the sponge, like packaging. They're like, use this for a week or two, use a new sponge.
Speaker 4: I will, I will use that.
Speaker 2: I had the same brushes for my dishes for Oh yeah, rush, I'm in a dishwasher every like four to six.
Speaker 4: Years just to like a scrub scrub daddy or whatever. And they're like, yeah, just put it in the dishwasher to get rid of the mill. I'm like, that is not helping the mildew at all. Like this, it's a wrap after like your point, Jack, a week or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So listen, man, start getting better. Get do that with every facet in your life, but especially your pillow. Go update your pillows. Update your pillows. People of the world, update your pillows.
Speaker 4: Update your pillows. Everybody and every girl updates.
Speaker 2: Update your pillows. People of Texas by tickets and Comedian class your pillows.
Speaker 4: Tickets, update your pillows. Take a quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back and Jakey's Neil.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Jack.
Speaker 4: O'Brien, as you might remember on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like to ask if you're church history underrated, but we also like to ask you was something he thinks over it?
Speaker 2: You know something, Yeah, something that I think is is overrated. Let me tell you what's so rated, y'all slapping slapping asses in the bedroom, slapping booties babies, slapping ass when you when you're when you're making sweet love, when you're making sweet love. Don't get me wrong, a few ass access is great. But I feel like, you know, especially men, and we're men, we can attest to this. We sometimes we used to when we were younger. We got a lot of our things that we sought to do from not real sex, from like porn, and you don't.
Speaker 4: Learn is there another way to have sex?
Speaker 2: It should be, but it was not for us men of our age, and you don't. Sometimes let me tell you, man, slapping the ass is an art form. Sometimes I'm telling you, y'all doing it not right. You're slapping too high, too low, you to your too porny. And then also, not everybody, not every not every partner's ass you got got the same ass sensitivity, you know what I'm saying, And it's not everybody want the ass slapped as hard as the last person.
Speaker 4: So you don't want their ass slapped at all.
Speaker 2: People don't want their ass maybe at all. Some people don't want their ass slapped at all. Some people's asses don't jiggle when you slap some people, it's just like slapping a cracker, and it might break in half.
Speaker 1: It might It makes the sound of a tennis ball racket.
Speaker 2: Can tell us some people don't want you to Venus Williams. Their ads don't. They don't want to Williams. Nothing nothing, So you know, I think the ass slap is becoming a little too.
Speaker 4: Overrated lost art.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a lost art because it's not so much that it's overrated, it is that we are not properly asking our partners what level of ass slap would you like?
Speaker 1: Right right, I'm gonna ask you to a point on here.
Speaker 2: Where do you want me to slap?
Speaker 4: How hard? From gentle to Philadelphia bus driver?
Speaker 2: And you don't listen. If somebody wants the Philadelphia bus driver with miles, I could tell it's an O g ass slapper. He knows the terms baby, the Philadelphia ass slapper. The Philadelphia bus driver is a classic ass slapped.
Speaker 4: The soul out of that ass.
Speaker 2: Flap the soul out of that ass. Ye, he slapped the soul out of that ass. Some people may not want that, Like me, I don't want my ass. I don't want that. I don't want that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it feels ghost these days, especially because you know, you're people. People like different parts of their body stimulated, you know what I mean. I'm more like I'm a I'm a necky ear.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're an ear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll do a sm r, a little kisses and the ear look just a little insight to what happens behind the mics. When we turn the mics off, Jack, Chuckies and I we just start kissing each other's neck.
Speaker 1: We start kissing each other, like I mean, I got weird when I asked him to hold my hand to make direct eye contact with me while we.
Speaker 4: Our issues aren't with intimacy, they're with trusts.
Speaker 2: May not like eye contact, like Jack, I found out, you don't like small kisses on your thighs, you know, And now I know that, and now I know.
Speaker 4: And it's weird. He doesn't like eye contact in the day to day, but in the bedroom he is locked in, locked in, locked here, right here.
Speaker 1: I just keep saying, right here, right here.
Speaker 2: With that a lot, you'll hit you with that Philia bus driver slap and then hit you with the new jersey Turnpike.
Speaker 8: Stare bab there it is where it's just staring right into you. So yeah, up to the Tri state area and then the Delaware I don't know, the Delaware preview pumps.
Speaker 2: Preview Yeah, so that's the preview pumps before you know, you show, you show your partner like this this might be what you getting. This is what can happen, this is what can happen. It's the preview pumps.
Speaker 4: Delaware is great at those, alright. I feel like there should be New Jersey because New Jersey is the place where the gas pumps are not self service.
Speaker 1: You have somebody there to service you. So the pre pump I don't know, we'll workshop it. We'll come back to you guys, and like you know what Delaware is. In the meantime, let's get into some news story, shall we. We shall We got a grift check on Ale Trump.
Speaker 4: Isle everywhere, Isle Infinity. Yeah. Yeah. It's just I'm just every day there's like a new thing where you're like, man, Trump just made seventy billion dollars from this thing that's clearly a quid pro quo with another government or entity, And I'm just like, yeah, okay, and I took a second because, like Jackie kept bringing up that Masha Guessing quote about how like how quickly things become normal and then you forget how just just a few moments ago things seemed beyond the pale and no elected official would ever dare to do this. But like, again, just just off the top, right, we had the three hundred million Elon gave to the election. Another hundhundred million he gave gave after that Tesla infomercial at the White House where we got everything's computer, he gave him another hundred million after that. What like he's not running for president anymore. Yeah, I think more just like to be like help my efforts, like I need your backing to do whatever manner of fuckery is necessary. Like to just give the president one hundred million dollars, Well, it's to you know, it's committing it to spending to other groups. So it's not a direct line, you know what I mean, that's how government works.
Speaker 2: I think we're beyond that at this point.
Speaker 4: I know we're definitely beyond it. But it's just like thinking it seems so.
Speaker 1: Weird to just be like, yeah, this guy gave me one hundred million dollars in a briefcase.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well he's committed it to some groups for my political purposes. It is specifically, although I will find a way to get that money in my pocket. And then also look, there was the jet from Cutter. Then there was that fucking trip he took to the Middle East where there was like five million dollars a plate dinners to fucking meet him. It's all just adding up. And then there's the Don Junior creating his own Soho house for wanna be fascists in DC that costs like five hundred thousand dollars to a year to join.
Speaker 1: Five hundred thousand dollars a year to join to join.
Speaker 4: And then maybe you get access, you know, like the grift there is like, well it was done Trump Junior's thing, that's half a mill to join that I'm probably gonna get access and you probably won't, yoink. And then now we have just ripped this new financial disclosure report from Trump just in twenty twenty four, this dude made six hundred million dollars. That's from crypto golf club licensing, other various licensing deals that he's done, including what we see now because we saw the guitars we talked about the watches, all this shit. Now the latest thing is Trump Mobile, which is a mobile phone and network for real Americans, and it's made of fake gold and the fine print is really something because it's basically like, hey man, this shit could end as an actual teleg comms company at any fucking moment, and you can't do shit about it. You should have known better. We are trying.
Speaker 1: It looks like an iPhone. Yeah, it has an iPhone that they did gold, but then the back has a T from T mobile on it.
Speaker 2: It looks like the one. Yeah, a T one. T one I'm assuming is this is the first model of it. And the American flag.
Speaker 1: They yeah, and then like a little American flag. But the T one clearly designed by people who didn't make it to the level of math where you had like T I eight tooth you know, just one yeah, t one. This is the T one baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The website it said repeatedly Warren's customers that its use of the Trump trademark quote can be terminated or revoked, while noting that quote, Trump Mobile, its products and services are not designed, developed, manufactured, distributed, or sold by the Trump organization or any of their respective affiliates or principles. Again, they talk about how reliable this network is. The terms also make that the Trump organization quote is not liable for third party services. It relies on warning out wireless services can be withdrawn permanently without notice.
Speaker 2: Say ka, like companies are going to be like, oh no, we don't want to have our app on your phone.
Speaker 4: It's using Android, so anything in that Google Play store is available. It's more just like whatever telecoms company whose network bandwidth we're using. If they decided like, hey, actually, no we're not doing this, then sorry, your your phone might just be a golden brick. Well you could probably use it for another network. But yeah, this is how things are now. We're at now with the four hundred and ninety nine dollars, we've got gold iPhone at home iPhone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a you know what, listen man, If it wasn't such an evil man, I would almost kind of respect the grift, you know, I would you know, like man, the ability to turn anything you do into a money made venture. Almost it needs to be studied because like this is great. Like the presidency, the office of the president is already a fucked office in general, and now we have openly yeah, like made it by money making a money making venture and what's so funny. I am a very big proponent I think this is wrong. Let me say that for all the new people who don't know, well, I'm saying, I think what's happening with this The grifting is wrong. All the new zeitgeits fans who don't know me, Let me just say that first and foremost, however, I am a very big proponent of like keep the same energy. Right if like, if I do something and you tell me you shouldn't do that, and then you turn around and you do the same thing, that that makes me even more mad. Versus if you tell me if I'm doing something and you like, well should I do that sh it too? Then like let's both do it. Like you know, like if Obama did this, like they would have been boy, they would.
Speaker 4: Couldn't even wear a tan suit. He can't wear a tan suit, nothing, nothing, just.
Speaker 1: Like National scan Like that's crazy. It's just not a article because it's so easy. It's just shamelessness. It's just privilege, that's all. It's just privileged recognizing that the way the system works is that he has been a millionaire since he was a baby and has just been able to push his privilege and then like bully people into like backing down anytime. His you know, ability to just grow and grow and grows privilege with this challenge.
Speaker 4: But that Obama reference is actually pretty amazing because I was in this Guardian article I was reading, you know, one of the ethics lawyers who worked in the administration. They were talking about how fucking buttoned up shit used to be in terms of like appearances of conflict of interest. I think Norma Eizen was saying, when Obama's in White House, they told him he couldn't refinance the house that he owned because he was in the midst of regulating the banking industry. And they're like, oh, yeah, this would not be a good time to do a refine, especially when you're doing stuff with the banking like how far we've come from like that sort of thing of.
Speaker 2: Like which is fair, which is all fair?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, But I'm just saying, like back then, don't refine at your fucking house right now, because again, you are the most powerful person regulating laws to now. Yeah, man, you want to sell a mobile phone, that's like a grift you want to sell a fucking whatever the fuck.
Speaker 2: It is crypto and open green cards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, open up an entirely new revenue stream for people to use blockchain like this sort of the opaqueness of blockchain to to hide who's giving you money? Sure, sure, sure, sure sure, But again I think just a good indication to show, like how how much? Now we're like, oh, okay, yeah, I guess that's what he's doing. Now.
Speaker 1: Is there a level that he hasn't gone to yet? Because this is like some like candy bars. I guess he probably like there are probably candy bars out there that are using his thing, but like I'm just trying to think of like the most mister beast ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's yeah, there's nothing. There's nothing he can do. He would have to literally be like I am taking the funding for all children's leukemia research and it's mine now like that the next word me, yeah, yeah, my birthdays didn't come to my party. That's I think like the next level of it is straight up just like here's money from here that is now just mine. I don't give He's.
Speaker 1: Probably gonna be selling his bath water.
Speaker 2: Like Sidney s Whitney, like Sidney sweety yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe, like he'll probably do that extra little skin tags in there.
Speaker 2: Orange orange, Hugh. Do you think he's gonna start like shocking it and start doing like a bunch of commercials too.
Speaker 1: With the general that is general, the big strung general.
Speaker 4: That is the bridge that he isn't quite crossing yet, is like full on TV Marshal to sell a thing that he's behind, like things will evoke his name or whatever. But I guess maybe no, he did that before.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Man, he's done, he's done. Well, he did it when he wasn't the president. Yeah, like after in between the terms, he did like a couple like infomercial type commercials.
Speaker 4: I mean shoes, He did the shoes.
Speaker 1: But it's always just like him standing in front of a green screen being like these are great, reading off of a prompter words that he'd never seen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to put the fear of God back into some of these politicians. It feels like I'm not saying how we do that.
Speaker 1: There's only one rich guy who's losing sleep right now. It's the what is it the beers or like one oh yeah, yeah, yeah, one of those jewelry billionaire is like guys, like with the inequalities out of control, I think, right, or maybe LVMH yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like the inequality is out of control. I'm losing sleep over it. He's the only one. Everybody else is like, no, we're good man, We got all the.
Speaker 4: Because he's French, he has a little more context for you know, out of control wealth breeding, unhappiness. All right, let's check in real quick with ICE, because the fascist white supremacy army known as ICE is getting a lot of help. And it's not just doctor Phil As we talked about last week, it.
Speaker 1: Was actually recently reported that the airlines have been feeding private information about citizens directly to the DHS and ICE via a data broker called Airlines Reporting Corporation.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so probably that's like an independent thing where someone just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like a government agency. Nopeah, they're a broker that is just taking our money and trying to sell it to the highest bidder, and in this case, the highest bidder. There's just there's a lot of ways this has actually been happening a lot where data brokers like buy your information from any company that you know, you give it to, and then like the government can circumvent all these laws about how they you know, spy on us or you know, access our information because they just like pay for it from the Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, I don't need a warrant because they're selling this information that I just transact with or for. So yeah, all clear, All clear. I just like how that also that Airlines Reporting Corporation owned by at least eight major US airlines.
Speaker 1: They owned by Delta Airlines, where they're like, look, many.
Speaker 4: Others, we can make another pretty penny by packaging together all our flight manifests and then selling that off to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked before about like there's this article like a long time ago, like six years ago. It was like, oh yeah, credit card companies are now no longer considered themselves like credit card companies. They consider themselves like data mining companies. They they are taking your information and selling it to the highest bidder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's all up there, man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like been It's spread to everyone everyone who who has any information about you, Like, hey, I got some over here. I know they took a flight last week because anybody want to anybody want want that ship.
Speaker 2: And we won about that, I know, what it gonna be. I know what it gonna be. I know what it gonna be. And on this day, at this time.
Speaker 4: It's just wild again to see just how just capitalism all just hand in hand with this sort of now super fucked up draconian like people kidnapping operation. It's just like, yeah, and they do that by help by getting the information on people's whereabouts from the companies that were also fucking beholden to with our bills and shit like that. It's really I don't know, it's it's a lot, yeah, right exactly, Like even credit reporting agencies are like, yeah, you want to buy this Ice, we got some for you. We got something for you. Fucking Lexus Nexus. I don't know if people know Lexus Nexus, but like Lexus and nes is just like a.
Speaker 1: Research tool that like it costs a lot of money. But like when I worked at ABC News, like you got a Lexis Nexus account. It was all something you could like find every newspaper article ever.
Speaker 4: You can find court cases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like kind of a kind of a startling amount of information. And Lexis Nexus signed a sixteen point eight million dollar agreement with ICE to help them surveil pre criminal's movements.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, pre criminal, pre crime, pre crime, pre crime, yeah, minority report.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lexis Nexus has had deals with car makers like General Motors, Honda, Kia, and Hyundai, which basically that they became the subject of a highly publicized lawsuit which we've talked about before. But basically, the car companies are selling the data on how you drive to Lexus Nexus, who in turn sold it to insurance companies, resulting in higher rates for drivers. And yeah, they're just it's just different people selling your information. That's like what a big chunk of the economy is now and we're away for free.
Speaker 2: It feels it feels I mean like we also with with Doge and elon getting access to all our social security shiit it just feels such like a daunting time. Even more, it feels like we just keep going lower and lower. Yeah, and when we don't.
Speaker 4: We've just given up total control.
Speaker 1: Like there's this massive, vast, impossible to like even keep track of because of how complicated it is system that we're like we've completely lost control of because we were like, I guess the market is good at deciding things.
Speaker 4: Well, just even look at how the American government handles it. Like even when they're trying to regulate stuff, they're just sort of like, well, you can't sell Americans information to like China or Russia or Iran, or North or North Korea or North Carolina or North Carolina too, but you know what, to other agencies in the US, that's fine. That's fine, that's that's data meant that was to terrorize, ye, Yeah, to terrorize our own public.
Speaker 1: The laws of the Biden administration passed were to protect that protect your information from going to other countries. But we're good with it going to ICE. There's also a data broker called Ventel that's the location data of smartphones to US law enforcement agencies, including ICE, CBPN, FBI. So that's you know, they're basically they have tracking devices on all of us that we carry around.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also, I don't know if you guys have talked about this yet or plan to talk about it, but like, just in relation to the ICE, what's going on right now, especially in Los Angeles. I'm sure you guys saw the story about the singer who got told by the Dodgers to not seeing the national anthem in Spanish. Yeah, and she did anyway, and they bander. Yeah, even though the national anthem is the version she's saying is an official national anthem of the United States for Spanish speakers. How they also had somebody sitting right behind home plate and MAGA hat, but kicked out somebody who wore an anti ice Uh, Dodges. I just want to say, that's to Dodger fans or if your organization, especially if you are personal color and you support your teams and they're doing shit like this, like the Dodgers, organizations should be fucking ashamed of themselves. They are not, but they should be ashamed of themselves.
Speaker 4: And it was only like three NFL teams also that deigned to say anything about what's happening. Yes, chargers, okay, okay, based chargers, thank you for speaking up.
Speaker 2: Thank you speaking up man, and so many we got to demand, we got it to we you know, we're given, we're given our hard earned dollars. And especially like the Dodgers, the Latin community in the Mexican community are and they came, they came to Los Angeles shitting on the Mexican community.
Speaker 4: Took decades for Mexican fans in LA to forgive. What happened in Chavez was being for the building of Dodger Stadium, for them for to then embrace the team like that was a whole process, and then to now get to this point and just be totally mum with it is. Yeah, it's it's I think again, it just shows you where people who they're in solidarity with. It's not with It's not with the fans, it's not with the people that are paying to keep this machine afloat. It's with the other wealthy people who are calling the shots. Because yeah, I mean, like even that whole trip to the White House was such an l and seeing all those players go up there and like some obviously were maybe quietly not as enthusiastic, but either way, just like that visuals not Yeah, it was not something that warmed the heart strings.
Speaker 1: Turns out they're owned by billionaires, not billionaires. They surely not every team. Surely not every team's owned by some wealthy group of wealthy.
Speaker 2: A couple of teams are owned by people who only have nine and ninety million.
Speaker 4: I mean what the Green Bay Packers, right, They're they're publicly owned.
Speaker 2: Technically they're just owned. But I think technically I don't want to talk about my Wisconsin Knights. I'm a Chicago Bear fan, so fuck the packers. But like, you know, as far as the owners go, yeah, I'm sure there are some great owners that they have because.
Speaker 1: Bears are owned by the Pope, right, Chicago.
Speaker 2: We are, and yes we are. We're going to have mass mass on at Soldier Field every Sunday now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, there, you know, the Democrats tried to push through some things about like using data brokers to access information for ICE. Biden issued an executive order putting a stop to data brokers selling private information, but his was like, we said only to China, Russia, Iran, North three A, Cuba, and Venezuela. And eventually the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau proposed a rule to crack down on data brokers that would obligate them to comply with accuracy requirements and provide consumers access to their data, so at least would be like, we can't lie about you, you know what we're giving to ICE, and the Trump administration quickly scrapped that rule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, yeah, the clock's ticking with the ICE stuff because they've already projected they're a billion dollars over budget and the fiscal year ends in like three months, and yeah, they're like the way they're describing ice spending, They're like, dude, it's they act like there's no loss. Like to spend this much money is absolutely it's mind blowing, which is another reason why they're so desperate to get this big beautiful ball sack bill over the line, because they need so much more funding to really ramp up the intensity of these rays and to also detain people. So yeah, anyway, money.
Speaker 2: We are, and I know we say this a lot, so fucked like we are.
Speaker 4: For the moment.
Speaker 2: We are barreling down the suggests financially, economically, socially, mentally, some people physically like this, We just you know, star smoking weed. If you don't, because we don't need something to keep us afloat.
Speaker 4: Keep your head on a swivel. It's stay blended, yeah, stay blunted.
Speaker 2: To keep your head on a swivel, baby, because it's, uh, it's getting rough out here in these streets. You know, as a matter of fact, I'm not you can't even find me in these streets. No more, boy, you got you gotta find me.
Speaker 4: That's where the.
Speaker 1: People have always been told they can find you. Every end of every episode you better. You better go to a data broker and find my my data. If you want to find me, that's the only way you can find me. Now, I guess people are willing to pay a lot of money to find out where we are. Maybe we could just sell that off.
Speaker 8: We could.
Speaker 4: Location location with you. That's another tear patient, all right, for six hundred a month at my location, keep a tracking device on my costume, trust you. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about some bullshit and we're back and all right. Will Smith's got a new song. Mariah Carey's Got about Bust dropped videos over the weekend. Mariah Carey's is mainly notable for mister Beese randomly showing up and sporting his new what if the guy from Clerks eat his weight and Creatine look Wow, take more time taking shots at Brian o'holleran, who played Dante in Clark Dante.
Speaker 1: He looks like Dante from He does John just like started working out a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a hilarriage to be on the video. Strange, there's Ai in it. Mariah looks not real at times. Yeah, like she's standing but not moving and I'm like, what the fuck is this? Like, I get she's you know, she's trying to keep her mystique, so she's just limiting it to glam shots, not a lot of dancing.
Speaker 1: It has the least realistic motorcycle riding on camera since I took a video of my son on one of those like things you put a quarter in and then ride the motors that just goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, totally totally. I mean the mister Beasts part. I mean it might have something to I know, like her son, one of her younger sons, is like really into streaming online, like so I don't know, maybe he had something to do with this. It's just like it's just reeks of like, right, you have such a fight. You have an amazing body of work already, this like new thing. Look I love that Eric b for president. Sample make him clap to this. But for me, I don't know, as a as a millennial, I'm kind of like, it's okay, we don't have to keep making stuff all the time. We can not even that.
Speaker 2: It's not even that you don't have to keep making stuff. I think you can keep making stuff. I really really do. I think you have to stop trying to make ship for all new generations.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, like when when Tina Turner was making ship back when she got older, she wasn't making ship for like nineties kids. She was still when Aretha like when her auntie fail, right, she was like a rose. It is still a road, like she wasn't making that ship. It had at age with the audience, you know. And it's so like Mariah, we don't need you to be sexy. I mean, you always be sexy, but we don't need you to be like what the current Sabrina Carpenters or Ariana Grande's or the pop culture is today, like your voice and your body of work. If you just came out and just saying your ass off, like that's enough, even Will Smith, Bro, wi't need you to be up here growling like you Kanye or like all these rappers. Now, Bro, just give us another summer time. Yeah, it's a lot of summertime.
Speaker 4: It sounds like like a rejected track that would have been on Beyonce's Renaissance album, you know what I mean, Because it's got that like house thing vibe to it, and I'm like, yeah, like I like pretty girls and you're like, okay, all right, and what are you saying? And like the lyrics aren't really saying anything either. It's basically like I like girls and it doesn't matter what they look like. Yeah, over and over again, over and over again. And that was another one was just like this is such a weird, Like I guess it's this is the comeback, as he said in that lyrical lemonade freestyle, Will Smith did, this is the bounce back. But again, I just don't know, man, I just I love. I grew up with Will Smith man everything everything you did, I love.
Speaker 2: But Will Smith had hits bro like movies and so jiggywid jiggy.
Speaker 4: Lumming me the fuck out is it? Because I'm looking at it and I'm like, maybe I'm I have that inner gen z Jen alpha critic who goes this shit ain't popping, you know what I mean, I go, no, But Will Smith was actually the goat at one point, you know, like I'm feeling self conscious about it, like viewing it from my perspective knowing his career, or I'm just saddened because I'm also washed and trying to keep up with things at times that maybe aren't totally part of my generational interest. I don't know, it's there's a lot happening. I think maybe it's more of like a mirror that I'm looking into my own mortality when I see these videos.
Speaker 2: Will Smith should have made the song that sounded like the make a clap, but instead it was just make a slap and like just like leaned and clean into lean into it. Yeah, and and like, but keep the sound like what we remembered you for from like the nineties and shit, right, like we don't need you to update your sound to twenty twenty five. Bro, you haven't made a new song in twenty years, Like we're nobody was asking for you. So if you want to come back in this way, like just do what would felt right to you. You know you ain't got to change it up, bro.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean, and I'm sure so much of this is just like people being like this is the this is the this is the wave man, you should be chasing right now. This is what they're into. This is what they're into. When like art like to your points, like quis is like should just be whatever the artist is choose the way they're choosing to express themselves that's the product, rather than considering the art the the public's reception of the first what the consumer of your art is going to like that is that now you're making a product that you're tinkering with in the laboratory is not as quite artistic as maybe things in the past. Ward But all that to say, Will Smith, I get it. You like to be stomped on by gigantic women.
Speaker 1: It has the So it opens with him in therapy and he's talking to a therapist and being like, I have a problem, Like I'm addicted to liking pretty girls, which is weird, and like I don't know that I'm.
Speaker 4: Making to liking them. See child, I have a real problem.
Speaker 1: I just really like pretty girls too much. And then it like goes into his brain and then he is like tiny and the pretty girls are all giant and they're like picking him up and like stomping on him, and it just really starts to feel like this video was made exclusively to make him come, you know, like that like that like he has some like very specific fetish because he was just like most tons of money, I like to get mushed under the heel of a pretty girl, big shoe.
Speaker 4: But there are there cheating allegations? Why is he saying he has a problem with being attracted to other women? Are you're married?
Speaker 1: I Like, I don't want to speculate on that necessarily.
Speaker 4: But even like from the context of like you're a father, you're married to Jada Pinkett, and then your track is like but I.
Speaker 1: Got a wandering eye, like they're they're split, right, or aren't they splitting? Or there was like something, And I think there were like a lot of conductation, Like he's getting a lot of incoming after the slap, like right, He's getting people who are like telling him he has to work on himself. So I think that's where the like therapy thing comes from. And you know a lot of you know, rumors about their marriage and stuff like that, and so it just feels like it's just a mash of like different things he felt like he had to say to or whatever all the shit people have been talking.
Speaker 2: But where was anybody, Like I wonder does Will Smith like pretty girls? Like I don't know if anybody was questioning that.
Speaker 4: It's just how much does he like them? That's it's just like such a juvenile It feels like a thing that would have been on the parents just don't understand it does Yeah, yeah, you know, like I like them girls, they're pretty. I don't discriminate. You're like, okay, great, this feels like some late eighties like sort of accessible MC type delivery.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering East Boys made this song in the eighties and then had to apologize for it in a verse in the nineties.
Speaker 4: The Beastie Boys were like that shit was regressive, and we apologize in lyrics that came out in the nineties, so they when like the nineties Beastie Boys are like too progressive for you.
Speaker 2: And jay Z at this song in the two thousands. Yeah, and it was a much better song. And that also has some real wacky depictions and very bad depictions of women. And we was bumping that ship. And I'm not saying we was right or not, but like either you got to give us full trash or you got to give us like flow.
Speaker 4: Though, is it the flow? Because Will Smith can't do anything outside of that late eighties because you know, I'm back and I'm on the track and I'm loving all types of women, even if they're not black, Like it's just that's the very bars. No.
Speaker 2: But in such a different narrowing make an album.
Speaker 4: First of all, everybody, it's me Will Smith. Everybody knows that I like to drift in my car. You're like, Okay, what are we saying. It's just it's just that whole style of because we live in the era of like.
Speaker 2: Meat that. Yeah, it just maybe hits the brain differently too. And I'm but I think that's the issue though. I think like he does have that style, which it worked in the nineties and late nineties with all the hits that he had, like he was hitting the chart, like you know, when he was making when he came back as Will Smith and not as the First Friends. And I think he's still I mean, that's who he is, That's who he has always been. But he's trying to meet this new era of music where it is and the two things don't really mix. I'm also gonna say this about the video too. I was watching I've been watching or seeing some like old videos of like Will Smith performing uh during like that era back in the day or just those old videos, and like this new the video is also so whack and like Will Smith used to have dope ass videos, like with cameos and like dance choreography where he was like one of the hip hop niggas actually up here like moving this shit like he was in an R and B group And I'm like, man, I know you own now and you got asthma some probably, but like you know, dude, like come on, bruh, Like dude, give us, don't just give us like in a big, white, empty fucking room like it seems. It seems it seems overly produced, lazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should have been dancing with some of the aliens from Men in Black.
Speaker 2: Felt Something Something.
Speaker 4: The more perspective we have on his career, the more it's just like, man, how did summertime happen?
Speaker 1: It's so fucking good summertimes everything else, and we're like, why is this not summertime. It's like maybe the question we should be asking is why was summertime summertime? You know that's why was that song so fucking good?
Speaker 2: I still say this is one top five like hip hop songs of all time, summertime, Like it's just it's it's the perfect song. There's no better summer rap song ever. Ever, it's up there.
Speaker 1: He should just like write songs about big topics, like summertime. Yeah, fun, Maybe that's what Miami was.
Speaker 2: Miami was all about Miami. The West was the whole Wow wow West Man in Black was about aliens, and now we just get pretty girl, like you.
Speaker 1: Know what, you should just do songs about every big movie that comes out, including like both Barbie and Oppenheimer, like yeah, yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Like bombs, maybe run drop the bombs, right man, Wow, wow West dropping bombs.
Speaker 4: I wonder again. I think that was his thing though, right, because summertime was of that time, Like you're you're sampling cool in the gang. You're you're repurposing like a thing that we as already got the summer feeling to it for this instrumental and that flow because like, in a way, I'm like, Will, if you want to come back, just go back to that well like from where you are. I don't know. I'm not one to be like go don't evolve as an artist, but either way, I think I'm just having trouble because as somebody who used to idolize Will Smith, seeing this now, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, a lot of people. I think people were ready for this to be good or like hoping for like something, and there's a lot of people in the comments who are like, guys, I just sped it up to one point three, and it's like, really fucking it actually sounds like a club hit if you like, if you like, change the rate, just the tempo, yeah, if you up the tempo, yeah, it's like this should really be around one twenty five.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. It's just to really give you that house music thoughce I still fuck with Wild.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie I. I will always fuck with Will Smith. I love me some Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was saying a few weeks ago. I was like, my whole identity was based off the Fresh Prince when I was younger. I think that's why I have a sort of like it. A lot of the times. I'm like, I'm not trying to hate. I'm just like, fuck you, but I don't fuck with this right now, So I'm I don't know what to do with this, oh man, But anyway, I like pretty Girl. The lyrics do come off as those Jeff Bezos text to Laurenoa, I love you a live girl, a live girl. I want to give you kisses.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 4: At least he was saying shit in the in the lyrical lemonade freestyle because usually doesn't curse. You know, he was saying ship in the freestyle.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa, I think I keep that rule from Yeah, don't curse, bro, That's what it was like she was for twenty plus years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this ship. I'm like, whoa will you don't.
Speaker 2: Need you to curse, bro, that's not you.
Speaker 4: That's not my favorite part about getting jiggy with it is the part where he says he takes the cigar but doesn't light it. It's for the look. I don't bite it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well he's just like he still had that just say no to drugs energy.
Speaker 4: That's why I mean, like, you can't have that vibe and then be like, I like you know what, I like them them women, You're like whoa, whoa bro? It just yeah, it's like easy, man, this isn't your lane. I mean I think that's what it is too, like rap about how cool the convertible is. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Well, jaquis Neil truly a pleasure as always having on the daily zeitgeist. Where can people find you?
Speaker 4: Follow you? Besides going to their local data broker, freed or you.
Speaker 2: Are, you can find me in the house now, baby, I'm not in these streets, or at least for a couple of weeks. Bro, it's parallel us out here in these streets. But one more time, Texas, if you are listening still, Dallas, we need your brothers, we need your sisters, we need you homies, we need everybody. Come on out. Houston and Austin. They're still tickets available for those as well. Those are doing a little bit better, but swoop up those tickets. Help us sell out this tour. My website is where you can get all that good shit at Jockey's Neil on Instagram. It's where you can find info as well. Also, you know your boy is going to be hosting a new show on drop Out TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Announced in a New York Times article called crowd Control, which we have not officially announced the date yet. I do know it, but I'm gonna wait for them to announce it. I will just say come in to you late summer, early fall, So get your should drop out suscriptions. This is a fun show, man. It's gonna be a fun show that I am hosting that you can watch. So yeah, nice.
Speaker 4: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a couple and like I don't know where to tell you to find him because they were videos, but one of them was a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio from Titanic, and it was like, this is how Leonardo, this is how Jack looked when he passed away at the end of Titanic, and Ai has allowed us to see what he would look like now if he was still alive. And it's just a picture of current Leonardo DiCaprio, which I thought was very funny. I was like, that's very funny. It's like a dad joke, but it's like very fucking funny. But then there's another joke that's circulating around of this black family of video that circulating around of this black family at Disneyland. And they're at one of the character buffets where the characters walk around and like you know, take pictures with you while you're and things like that, and Chip from Chipping Dale sits down, and like immediately you can tell like Chip is a black person inside of like that costume, because like he's like slamming the table and like coming to right and like and then they like a man and he's like pointing like amen, and then and then he can't talk, but then like the group, one of the group says like, hey man, hallelujah, God is good. And then Chip like with his full body, even with no words, you can hear him say all the time.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: So it took me out. I'll probably I'll share it like on my stories or something like that in the next day or so, if anybody wants to see.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite when you see the blackness transcend the Disneyland costume. Because sometimes I saw there was like someone dressed as Daisy Duck and they started doing like a praise tambourine dance like and I was like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they black and there, boy, I love it. I love it so much. It's so funny. And it took it took me out. So yeah, I've been I've been on the video tip lately and I've been enjoying that.
Speaker 1: Nice Miles, where can people find you as their working media?
Speaker 4: You've been enjoying, Yeah, everywhere you find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. You check out Jack and Miles got Miles and Jack got mad Man down to maybe one actually probably two technically more episodes two more episodes and then that's it. Maybe we won't We're we ride off into the n sunset. Who y'all got Sarah Todd is going to be on this one now? I mean that that's dope for the finals. I want to like Sarah, Sarah. I want I want the Pacers, Want the Pacers. I don't know if it's gonna happen now, but.
Speaker 2: I want the Pacers to.
Speaker 4: That game four. That was a tough game for but they did let it slip. They, however, so.
Speaker 1: Much better than anybody expected.
Speaker 4: Except for us.
Speaker 2: They have not They have not lost back to back games in this playoffs yet, so by the time people are listening to this, the game will be over. Will know the result. Yeah, and maybe they have line maybe they have lost back to back by now, but like neither, no, you know some and if that trend, if that trend keepsons.
Speaker 4: One for me, one for you. So basically there's that. Oh, if you want ninety fiance, checkout for twenty day Fiance. That's the other pod.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Some posts I like, I reference this on the trending, like Weekend Update, trender episode about Father's Day. This was like the post I was talking about it from at Alex Falcone dot Bescotta social, he posted Father's Day is much harder if your dad doesn't go fishing in a golf barbecue or whatever, which is pretty much how all the gifts feel. Next one is from at Uncle Duke nineteen sixty nine at best gottat social. Me points at my World's Greatest Dad's shirt. Co worker points at his own world's Greatest Dad shirt. Me takes a sip from my World's Greatest Dad mug. Coworker SIPs from his own world's Greatest dad mug. Me, eyes narrow, draws World's Greatest Dad sword. That felt like a good escalation, and then another one more. Just on the mayoral race in New York, the New York Times like we're not going to really endorse candidates, and then they suddenly were like it's Andrew Cuomo. You're like, oh, that's weird, because why Zorin is because you've got somebody on the left rising up the poles. So at Papapishu dot Beskuy dot social posted the Times questioning Zorin's experience kind of just boils down to ideology and racism, but the idea of thirty three being too young to hold a major political office is so funny. If he was a CEO of a startup that produced something worse than nothing, they'd write a glowing feature on his new bold ideas. Yep, and it's so true. Yep, it's well. I think. We also talked about how the Atlantic was like democracy is dead in New York once that poll came out that was leading in like this ranked choice voting is dangerous. Yikes, work Maydia. I've been enjoying. John wicker Park at Phony Bone tweeted, I've pooped in gas stations. You wouldn't even p n. It's just a touch to say to somebody that hit me bro, because I need home field advantage. I don't. That's you don't. You don't FuG with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can go anywhere anytime.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm the gray Man.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist 're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. You can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote, which is where we look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also look off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Myles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just heard some really dope like a new jazz trio. They're called the Moses Ufi Trio. M y O O f e E. It's the track is called Push. It's just super funky. Uh. They're from Germany, and I just love, like, it's so nice to hear people still so invested in performing music on actual instruments. There's just something really heartening to that because so many people, you know, there's AI that can help you do things, or people going to more purely electronic, but there's just something about people on instruments playing together. And I say this all the time, but this is a great track Push by the Moses Ufi Trio.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link off to that in the footnote work. The Daily Eszeite Guys, is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. But we are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all, then bye bye peace.
Speaker 4: The daily zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wag.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by Jam mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Connor,