Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Welcome to the Buck Sexton Show. A great episode for you right now with the United States Army veteran and buddy of mine. Now for god twelve or thirteen years, we're getting old Pete hag Seth, whom you all know from Fox and Friends where he is a host on Fox and Friends on the weekends. You know him from various shows all across the Fox News and Fox Nation. Mister Pete hagg Seth, first time on the Welcome.
Speaker 1: How you doing, man, It's good to talk to you, dude, Good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Do you remember we were just like, you know, a couple of kids. Stars in our eyes. You coming out of the out of the military, me com out of CIA. We're doing some TV stuff and it's like me twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: That's correct. I mean we're both kids. But you were the pro You and Will Caine were the pros on that show when I came home on it on the Blaze, on Real News. I mean, you were to established five day a week hoast and I was beyond intimidated. I had no idea what I was doing on TV. So I was in two days a week learning from you guys. Yeah, it feels like forever ago, but it was kind of the the original five. I mean it was a real deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we had a great time on that show, Real News on the Blaze, Will Caine, Si cup Amy Holmes me, you were regular. Jededi Abila was a regular back in the day. We had Guy Benson on a lot. We had Katie Pavlich. I mean, you go through Carol Markowitz, like I think about all the Kaylee Mackin then like I.
Speaker 3: Sit here going mac.
Speaker 1: On Hannity all the time. Sarah Carter was on all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sarah, she was a contributor. She was actually was a Blaze. She ran the Blaze documentary unit for a while. She's she's an awesome lady. I'm a big Sarah Sarah Carter fan.
Speaker 3: So it was. It was an amazing time.
Speaker 2: And obviously I always say a debt of gratitude from all of us to Glenn for creating a platform or young guys like us could get a start, right. But now here you are, mister Fox News host. Mister, I see him sometimes hosting in the Aid or The Nine as a guest host and doing Weekend Fox and Friends with our buddy Will Kine. And I'm wondering how you see things right now in this the beginning of this election year. Is Joe Biden one hundred percent going to be the Democrat nominee?
Speaker 3: Yes or no? And why.
Speaker 1: No? Not one hundred percent? I think it's greater than fifty, but it's no to one hundred percent. I mean, anything could happen. You saw what happened at the Air Force Academy. Something sadly or tragically could happen that could actually disable him. But it's you know, there are discussions happening behind the scenes, and at what level and how large and how far and wide, I don't know. With Kamala Harris behind him, there has to be real doom or fear at least at some level of what would come of that. But I think they really believe, with a culpable media that they could pull off Basement three point zero and hope to run a foil against Trump and then exercise their machine of ballots versus voters and try to pull out a weekend at Bernie's re election and then do The thing about the Biden presidency is that, you know, he talks about it being the dullest presidency of all time. Well, it's the radicalism happening under the surface and throughout the bureaucracy that loves the dulness because it looks smooth on the on the top even though it's a disaster. But underneath, a lot's happening. So I think they have a lot of incentives around Biden to keep him right where he is.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of that old term you'll here sometimes bromide, for you know, the chemical that is an anesthetic and knocks people out or you know what is it? Anesthetic kills the bacteria. Anyway, I think it it's like, uh, yeah, I'm talking about right, yeah, but thank you Biden. Is that it's like, oh, you have a booboo, you put you know, uh, analgesic anesthetic. Biden is essentially a bromide by convincing people that this old man is he can't be that radical. He's been in politics for so long. And to your point, how different are the policies now? And I always say, how different are the policies than what you would have gotten with pretty much. And you know, even say like an Elizabeth Warren or I would even argue Bernie Sanders presidency, Bernie Sanders the tax rate thing probably wouldn't go through because the Democrat apparatus, you know, has enough fancy donors who would fight against a massive, massive tax increase, and Biden and Bernie spending really isn't all that different. He wouldn't be able to get through if you had a Bernie presidency, he wouldn't be able to get through Medicare for All, as he calls it, like that wouldn't actually happen, it would blow through. So I just feel like, yeah, the left is in charge and Biden is the facade. He is the front man.
Speaker 1: That's why there's no serious challenge. That's why there's no serious primary challenge. I mean, if he had gone in and been any sort of a remote moderate the guy he claimed he was, which he never was, He's always been a partisan, he would be facing three left wing progressives going at him. Instead, they're all silent, they're all on board. You got you know, Mary Ann Williamson, an RFK junior, who they're going to ignore and not debate, even though he's at twenty percent. This is this is you know what was it? Nineteen seventy six? Is when is when Reagan Primary four? You remember that? I mean that was that was legitimately a grassroots conservative movement saying no, no, no, we don't want this non incumbent in combent president because he's not who represents us. He represents the radical left. So why would they challenge him? There? They won't, and they believe that because of twenty twenty and twenty twenty two that maybe they can even gain seats and get even more radical. So why change the guy who's letting it all happen under the scenes.
Speaker 2: You're totally right now between Kamala and Gavin Newsom. If we're just looking off into the future, who is the future of the Democrat Party? As in who you know? Remember it's remember Ghostbusters? Ghostbusters? Would you say one of your favorite movies growing up?
Speaker 1: Would you get a movie It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: Good movie. Oh okay, he's not going one of his favorites.
Speaker 1: I'm not going all the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would go top ten personally, like I would say Ghostbusters for me as a kid was a top ten movie. But remember the scene where they're like, choose the form of the destructor and Marsha stay puff, marshmallow man. I mean, if you had to choose the form of a Democrat destructor, is it? Is it Gavin Newsom? Is it is it?
Speaker 3: Harris? You know, who do you think?
Speaker 2: Because Biden, look, just father time is going to weigh in here at some point. Biden, after whatever happens here, isn't going to be the guy. So who do you think we're up against going forward as the de facto leader of the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: So I'll give you the know, the likely, and the sleeper. So the no is Kamala Harris for sure. I mean everyone knows it can't be her. The likely is Gavin Newsome, Like he looks the part. He'll explain away California, he talks their talk. He'll cravingly do the things the base wants to do and be smooth enough to make it look like, you know, he's the return of JFK, so that he would be a likely standard bearer coming out of with all that money out of California, and you have to explain away his record, but he'd just say the work isn't finished. Buck, I mean the.
Speaker 2: Progress is just like the old Soviet Union. You just got to wait five more years.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It just they're just not done yet.
Speaker 1: Five years and five trillion away from utopia. We're almost so that would be his argument. But the sleeper is Wes Moore, governor out of Maryland. Black guy, young army vet. They take to the bank, Buck. I'm telling you, he's had a couple of best selling books. He's beloved by kind of the Manhattan mainstream media elite crowd. He's smart. I don't know what he's done in Maryland. I just being in the vet space, I've kind of you're kind of aware of people. And when I watched the way he steamrolled the primary and then won the election in Maryland, and the way they've elevated him, the way he was already on TV. Watch him. He could be the kind of guy that, in twenty twenty eight is a standard bearer for the party.
Speaker 3: Years people, I never discount these things.
Speaker 2: I mean in this case, you know, I mean, you're Pete Hegsatt, so you know some stuff about some things. But I will tell you, man, years ago, I did a radio state event in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Okay, and one of the regional hosts, regional hosts who was also you know an iHeartMedia radio host. Guy came up to me and he said he was a host in h South Bend, Indiana. Now I'm talking. This is I'm trying to think of the year. This is Trump presidency, maybe like twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, early Trump presidency. Okay, and he pulls me aside and he goes, I just want you to know him. His name is Casey. So Casey ever here was watching Casey. He's a host in South Bend, Indiana. I'm just bring this up because who do you think? He tells me that, he goes, just so you know, the mayor here, Pete Boudha Judge thinks he should be president, is going to run for president and is going to be a national figure for the Democrats. And I remember I looked at I looked at Casey. I was like, dude, like the mayor, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana. It's like, what's next, like you know, the you know, like I I sat there as like like the dog catcher from bangor Maine or something like who is going to be in charge? And sure enough, sure enough? So you can't you know some people can pick this early on. They can understand who's book.
Speaker 1: Called The Other Wes Moore, which is about another the trajectory of people of his generation, another kid that looked like him that went went to prison. I don't know the whole context of it, but I'm just telling you he's known amongst the known class of the Democrat Party. And I haven't heard him speak on the stump, so I don't know about that. But they're going to be looking for somebody, young, fresh, new who can who will do their bidding. And he's a hard lefty.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting. We'll take Well, I'm gonna look more into his background, this Wes Moore guy who's the governor of Maryland and see uh, because I understand, man, this is the the Democrat apparatus.
Speaker 1: We're in the kind of moment where I don't think it's gonna work on the Republicans aid, I'm sure we'll talk about this. But a guy like the vag Ramaswami who kind of showed up on our network, wrote some books, talked about his corporate background, made a bunch of money. I heard him give a speech at a Fox Nation event a year ago. And I remember watching him thinking that guy's can run for president, Like he's super ambitious, very smart, and we'll do nothing but good for himself by having a national platform. I don't think he's gonna win, but he's going to elevate. And there's always one or two of those that you didn't see coming.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: So see we run into an issue here, and that is everyone in the audience right now. They're just like, oh, I like Pete Hegseth, and everything he says seems sensible and smart, and he's a patriot. We're going to have to at least throw a little bit of a wrench to that by asking you to weigh in, asking you to weigh in on the Republican primary and what you see going on here. But first, hear a word from our sponsor. If you're worried about the direction of the economy and you think that you want to diversify, take some action today to protect some of your assets against a very uncertain economic future. I think gold is the way to go. Gold is good, it's solid, it has been a store of value for really all of human history, and the value in stability of gold as both an investment and a hedge against inflation has been proven time and time again. So as my precious metals vendor of choice, the Oxford Gold Group. I've been investing with Oxford and speaking about them for years, and this is the gold vendor that you can trust and why not have some gold and silver on hand. It's a good diversified tool for your portfolio. And you can call the Oxford Gold Group right now, talk to them about the size of the acids you're working with, and they'll want to create a long term client out of you. So they'll send real gold and silver or gold or silver oath, whichever to your home discreetly and securely, and they'll help you build up a intelligent position in your portfolio. Call the Oxford Gold Group eight three three four to three zero buck eight three three four three zero two eight two five. They make it easy. They've been at this for a long time. Called the Oxford Gold Group today eight three three four three zero b u c K. All right, Pete, so we're back from the sponsor there. Tell me, tell me how you see the GOP primary playing out, and just we all understand you are going to upset some primary voters, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: That's fine, we're in the business of upsetting people. I'm gonna I'm going to try to step back as objectively as I can Buck And I'm clearly biased. I've been a big, big supporter President Trump for a long time. I don't see how anyone else captures a plurality, let alone a majority of the Republican base after what has been done to Trump's post presidency. The two biggest in kind donors to Trump are the FBI and Alvin Bragg. They have reinvigorated this that they tried to prevent him from running. They tried to stifle his entire presidency, and now they're trying to put him in jail and prevent him from running again, which reminds them that he's been the one willing to fight the way no one else has. And and that's one part of it. The other part is I don't see how a dissent it really is, DeSantis. I mean, maybe there's someone else that will sneak up there.
Speaker 2: I don't see how you're really just gonna throw Asa Hutchinson by the side of the road there, buddy, you know you're not team ASA.
Speaker 1: Maybe Burgham, Okay, maybe Burgham. Maybe Team ASA and Bergham, you never know. I mean, there's so many people who have zero rationale, but lots of consultants.
Speaker 3: Uh sure.
Speaker 1: Everyone else running buck you know, is running on the premise that some some nuclear bombs gonna go off, something's gonna reshuffle the entire race and and create a free for all. Something would have to happen to Trump in that center, or they're running specifically to just be on the right side of history. Running against Trump. It's all nonsense. So if DeSantis would have to find a way legitimately to indict Trump, be better than Trump?
Speaker 3: And wait, can I just be clear?
Speaker 1: You mean to see how he does when you.
Speaker 3: Say indict because like that, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Mean in Punee, in Pune, because we'll talk about the indictment in a second. Impune his record, go after his personality without going at his base. I've heard people say it's twenty five percent. Maybe it's I think it's the base's higher thirty thirty five as a core base, and then you've got a floating twenty twenty five to thirty that are pro Trump. But kind of what did he say?
Speaker 2: But this is this is the voted for him twice, but not sure they should vote from a third time contingent.
Speaker 1: But this contingent keeps getting pulled back to him because of two things. What is continues to be done to Trump and that I just don't think DeSantis has shown up to be the type of candidate they thought he would be. And so the closer you look, and I like DeSantis a lot, I think he was a great governor, but the closer you look, he's not as spectacular or as good as people thought he was. So and the more candidates that get in, the more it dilutes the opposition to Trump. I'd need someone smarter than me to truly lay out absent a massive change, and we've seen a lot of things that should look like massive changes in the past for Donald Trump that haven't manifest. Absent that, what a real path is to winning the nomination against Donald Trump. I guess the only one I would give it, I'll toss it back to you is the ability to gather support in an early state in Iowa, New Hampshire, or South Carolina that creates the perception there's a real opponent.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Trump is going to lose in Iowa. I think he's probably going to lose in New Hampshire, and then I think we're going to see who's actually going to win the primary after that. I mean Ted Cruz won the primary against Trump in Iowa in twenty sixteen, and we all saw were that one.
Speaker 1: Now, why do you think he'll lose in Iowa New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: I think he'll lose in Iowa because the caucus system is first of all, the kind of voters who are there, and the caucus system is it's it's funny every time that it's like Iowa time, everyone starts reading on the caucuses and everything else. I think that organization wins the day there, and the campaign that is going to be sort of more organized and on it is likely to pull. You know, when I say on it, I mean precise, detail oriented and playing the system that way. I think in New Hampshire it's just a function of you have more I mean, look, you know some new news the governor. You have more of these moderate Republican types and less of the base. So I think that'll be a tough one for Trump, who's.
Speaker 1: Going to gather that moderate lane and take it like you could see it in twenty twenty sixteen. You could see right.
Speaker 2: I mean Ted Cruz winning Iowa in twenty sixteen didn't surprise anybody.
Speaker 1: You could see Cruise appealing to people. You could see Rubio, you know, he won Minnesota. I remember that. You could seem is it DeSantis or is there a third candidate you're looking at that says while that guy or Gal's gonna bust out?
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's it's Trump or DeSantis. I look, I think DeSantis will do well in Iowa. I think he'll do well in New Hampshire, and then I think the real I mean, we've got to remember, dude, Joe Biden was trailing in the early states as well in the Democrat primary. So that's not to say, oh, well, like I right now, I think you could probably get Vegas odds three to one in favor of Trump winning. I think that maybe two to one. But like, I think Trump winning the primary is the likeliest outcome. I'm just saying I think that i was probably the place where you'll where you'll see an early Dysantis win, and New Hampshire might be a little bit, a little bit tougher. I don't think did I'm trying to remember did Trump He did win New Hampshire right in twenty sixteen. I'm trying to go and if.
Speaker 1: I'm mistaken, the polls show him up unless I'm mistaken up in Iowa and New Hampshire right now.
Speaker 2: I think I think the polls at this point, you know, are a little bit of a Again, Pete, the good news is we'll have you back on and we could talk about whether I'm right or wrong on this prediction. So my prediction would be Trump I think wins the primary. I just think he might lose a state or two before it gets into the big and I.
Speaker 1: Could be clouded in my judgment. Buck who knows, but I think it's over by South Carolina.
Speaker 2: All that All that really matters is who wins the primary, right, I mean it's not like like no one cares about Jeb's one delegate. Remember that Jeb got He spent one hundred million dollars and he ended up with one delegate and it was Jeb exclamation points. That was his thing. I mean, that was quite that was it. But what I'm wondering about, and we have a word from our sponsor here first, but we'll come back at a second. I want to ask you the question about what is it that is Trump's way to win against Biden in terms of the independence the swing voters, et cetera.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: Take the guesswork out of where you're going to find the energy and focus to make every day a solid one On Chalk's Mail Vitality Stack as a solution. This is a supplement made with only all natural ingredients. The leading ingredient has been proven in studies to improve testosteron levels in men's bodies by some twenty percent in the first three months of regular usage. That's the source of energy in a man's body. Testosterone, focus, drive, energy, all of it. There are many benefits that come from consumption of Chalk's Mail Vitality Stack, and it just helps you maximize your day. You're gonna find Chalk products online where you can buy them directly and establish a relationship with the people at this Texas based company, and they're prepared to give you thirty five percent off of your Chalk subscription for life when you order. Now go online to Chalk dot com. That's Cchoq dot com. Get that thirty five percent off when you use my name Buck in your purchase process. That's chalkcchoq dot com, use my name buck for thirty five percent off your purchase process. All right, Pete, let's return to this. How is it that jo that Donald Truy wins the voters in the Keys. We know he's got the base, we know he's got Republican you know, what was it, ninety seven percent Republican, ninety nine percent Republican approval, whatever it was. I mean, he had, you know, legitimately had like like the premiere of.
Speaker 1: Shoot someone on sixth Avenue support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean premiere of like Kazakhstan or whatever level support among the populations like it. It's like ninety nine percent win in the in the in the election anyway. But how does he win those swing voters in Georgia Arizona, which you know, Arizona's not even so much as swing voters. It's kind of like McCain GOP voters. How does he win back those? And how does he get enough in Pennsylvania to beat the Democrat machine there, which is unfortunately just a better machine than than what we have in the GOP.
Speaker 1: You landed on it. If twenty twenty four is once again voters versus ballots, then he won't. So I think that's why you're seeing such criticism of the RNC right now and focus from folks in the conservat base of saying, this machine better be built to legally harvest ballots, to find out low propensity voters, find unenthusiastic voters on the Republican side, and harass them the way the left does for eight weeks leading up to the election, so that we're not going to go the next step of actually paying them for the ballot, which is what the left will do, but actually making sure because there will be such low enthusiasm for Biden, you know that. You see, what is it? A majority of Democrat voters don't even want to run. So it's not like people are going to run to the polls or run to send in their ballots on the Democrat side. They're going to rely on hunting down low propensity voters across the spectrum and harvesting their ballots using the COVID protocols and having ballots beat voters. And so I don't think a victory is possible unless a machine is built that does it as well or better than the left does. Churches, gun clubs, outside supermarkets, whatever, it is finding people, registering them and turning in absentee ballots or mail in ballots in the way that left us. I would like that system. I wish we could get rid of it, but we better do it better.
Speaker 2: My I mean, our friend Sean Parnell, buddy of ours. You know, I've talked to him pretty extensively. He's got a great podcast and I was on and we've talked about he knows obviously the Pennsylvania system, having run for Congress and run for Senate well, and he's just like, you got to understand Democrats have.
Speaker 3: It's if you're thinking about this.
Speaker 2: In warfare terms, they've got more divisions with more artillery pieces and more ammunition than the Republicans do. Irrespective of the candidate situation, they just have better organization, better ground up, ballot chase operations, early voting operations, all of it. And you know, to the point I think it's it's necessary people understand GOP's got to wake up to this because what you said about if it's if it's about ballots versus voters, or chasing ballots versus chasing voters, I mean, we lose Pennsylvania, it's gonna be really hard to see a Republican and I don't care who the candidate is in twenty twenty four in the White House.
Speaker 1: So that's a number one. Like it's not even worth talking about issues unless you can. I mean, legislators should be safeguarding that ballot process, but they haven't been very good at it. And so it's going to be about building the machine, and building the machine in four or five states, as you said, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and I'm probably missing one in there, but it's going to come down to those. And then I think messaging wise, I mean you basically look back at say how a lot of it is an economic argument is what did your life look like economically when I was president? Visa v what you're staring at right now, I think that will be effective. Who knows what could happen in between. I mean, you're you're a national security guy too. I mean, my goodness, any number of things could could explode between now and then two, which could make it a referendum on strength on the world stage.
Speaker 2: Well, excuse me, mister army veteran who served in bag death. Let's come back here in a second and get your take. I want to know what you think about what US policy should be. I appreciate your kind words about my analytics skills. I want to I want to hear what you think we should be doing in Ukraine. What shall we say the America first position should be starting with a Republican in twenty twenty four. So we'll get to that in just a second. We're going to hear from our sponsor for a moment. Look, I know we've all got towels, right. You gotta have towels. You're using them when you're washing your hands, getting out of the shower, the bathtub, whatever. But your towels get old and they start to not feel so good and they're not very absorbent anymore. And maybe you know you need some new towels, or maybe you just want to replace the toiles you have because they're never that good to begin with. Well, I've got a great deal for you my Pillows six piece towels set courtesy of Mike Lindell. The set comes with two bath, two hand towels, and two washcloths. Typically retailing for ninety nine to ninety eight, for a short time, you can get this set for twenty five dollars with our names as the promo code buck. That's over seventy percent in savings. Twenty five dollars for a six piece towle set is a great value. Keep in mind that every product from My Pillow comes with a sixty day money back guarantee and a ten year warranty that tells you everything you need to know about the quality of their products. Define this offer. Just go to my pillow dot com and click on the radio listener special square to get this clearance price of twenty five dollars on the towel set. Go to my pillow dot com, click on radio listener specials enter promo code buck. Twenty five dollars is the price you'll pay for a six piece towel set, Super absorbent, super soft.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love these towels. Get it hooked up today? All right, Pete?
Speaker 2: What is the proper And as I said, Petez, a veteran of gosh, do you even remember the acronyms?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: What is? It? Was? Was was Iraq OIF?
Speaker 1: And then why Operation Iraqi Freedom right? Operation Enduring Freedom? Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then and then Afghanistan was enduring freedom, is.
Speaker 1: Enduring freedom and it was all the global war against a tactic global warrant area.
Speaker 2: I remember reading these reading cables a little CIA analyst a bit about this stuff all the time. And now the acronyms, my acronyms are as good as they used to be. But okay, all right, anyway, Pizza veteran of Iraq, tell me, my friend, what should we do about the situation in Ukraine?
Speaker 1: De escalate an end it. I don't think it's front and center and American interest. I don't think we have any interest in a wider war. The premise from the beginning was threatening NATO and European security with Ukraine being on the front lines. Does anyone really think Vladimir Putin is hell bent on going further than Ukraine? At this point, I said a couple of weeks in, this feels like to give me my shit back war from Vladimir Putin. And that doesn't make it right. But it also doesn't make it our fight writ large, and so I'm not interested in striking into Russia. I'm interested in giving more heavy equipment. I think I don't like the fact that Russia did it, but spending all this money that we don't have and sending weaponry that we could otherwise could otherwise be useful more than Europe is doing. I think, just continues the idea that they can they can.
Speaker 2: So so President Trump is starting the second term in the beginning of first quarter twenty twenty four, Pete he sits down with Secretary of Defense Pete hag Seth, which, let it be known first time, I think that has been said on the airwaves, but I'm just putting it out there. So he sits down with sec Def. Pete hag Seth in our uh in our scenario here and says, what what do you what do you tell him? Give them We'll continue the funding for three months pending negotiations, and then we would we bring the funding for Ukraine down. What do you think the right move is? Like the actual action?
Speaker 1: The actual action is if Europe believes this is a defense of their own sovereignty and security, then it's time for Europe to take not just the lead, but the entirety of this fight. So if you if you believe this is existential to you, then you can back Selenski, you can back Ukraine, you can fight this war. But we've been spending now by that point twenty five thirty years fighting expeditiously around the globe with very little to gain, very little to show for it, let alone the disaster that is Afghanistan. So if you believe it's so important to take the lead, and maybe there's a taper off because you can't just say on day one, see if they've been reliant upon certain things, but a very clear set of objectives that taper down, that put the ball in their court, and ultimately there's pressure for some sort of a divided agreement that doesn't you know, you would I wouldn't like to see Russia take over the entire country, but again that's up to Europe. So you would a negotiated settlement or negotiate a piece in light of that I think would be the best case scenario.
Speaker 2: One thing I'd like to ask people Pete, as we finish up with our guests here, because a lot of stuff we talk about its pretty heavy, right we're talking, you're you're basically describing how we avoid not just US involvement, getting more more serious in Ukraine, you know, world War three nuclear exchange, like really heavy stuff, right, heavy stuff, and we're talking about you know, a very bruising primary that I think is ahead of us, as well as a very difficult twenty twenty four election. What are you optimistic about? Like, what are you seeing? I mean, you know, you're guys, you know you're married, You've got a bunch of kids. What makes you think it's it's gonna be okay?
Speaker 1: Not a lot. But what what I am optimistic about is the depth of recognition that patriots, Christians, conservatives, whoever have of the extent to which the left has captured institutions in the one space. I've been really involved in the last year's education, and I think we have a renaissance opportunity of an awakening of parents realizing that just sending your kid on a yellow school bus because you did is not going to end well. And so whether it's homeschooling or pulling kids out into classical Christian schools or other forms of more classical education, creates the opportunity for a crop of young kids of the future who are grounded in who they are, grounded in real history of this country, civics, and prepare the comeback. So, I because we're not going to win this politically, We're certainly not going to win it militarily, and there's a lot of reasons to be pessimistic. So it's I think, the recognition of folks and then orienting their lives in a different direction, rejecting this sort of worldly, inevitable cultural trajectory and saying, I'm choosing something else for my kids and my grandkids. And I don't know where that leads, but I know I'm not going to just be led to the slaughter like our institutions are doing right now.
Speaker 3: And you didn't tell me this before. I guess I didn't ask.
Speaker 2: But since you kind of turn your nose up at Ghostbusters a little bit with some of our well.
Speaker 1: I know, I like the she version of Ghostbusters.
Speaker 2: I say, Pete ain't afraid of no ghost apparently, So what is the best movie for Pete hagg Set. I made my wife watch Braveheart with me, which is my favorite movie Pete just recently, and she fell asleep.
Speaker 1: So that's what happens. You can't translate favorite movie to anybody else.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's three hours long, to be fair, but she passed out on my shoulder. And then I just got to watch William Wallace, you know, do his thing, love it.
Speaker 1: I grew up on sports movies, so I I mean, my dad got me hooked on the movie. The Natural Hoosiers is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Speaker 2: I'll just I'll narrow this down. What is the best sports movie? Then, if we're just doing genre, the best sports movie for Pete hagg seth Is Clay and I have argued about this one. Actually no, I think we agree on this one.
Speaker 1: But I mean, Field the Dreams absolutely kills me. Okay, I mean I just love it.
Speaker 3: I think I felt during that one.
Speaker 1: So really, I don't know. I'm maybe I'm a sap a little bit. I'm a little bit of a sap. I mean it's between The Natural Hoosiers and Field of Dreams for me favorite movie. I'm such a sucker. I don't have.
Speaker 2: Any real Charlie Sheen is turning over in his Actually know he's not true. He's still a lot some major League is great. It's great, Thank you, major league, buddy.
Speaker 1: Major League? Is that what you guys agreed on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely said major League. I think he said that's one of his favorites. The one that I always think people like a little too much is Rudy because he's great.
Speaker 1: See you love Rudy too, I.
Speaker 2: Sity or I say, you know, he was just okay, he got on the field like once, Like who cares.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't really understand.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a Rudy Okay, I got in once, you know. I mean people can relate. Not everybody's in the major leagues. I mean Rudy did something. I don't know. I like. I like all Shank Redemption. I'm just a totally I like step brothers. I like terrible movies.
Speaker 3: Love Shawshank.
Speaker 2: You know that it is the most highly rated Rotten Tomatoes movie of all time, meaning like the most audience audience ratings. It is the number one favorite movie of audiences on Rotten Tomatoes. Is Shawshank Redemption, Which when it's.
Speaker 1: On cable and I'm surfing, it will catch me. I will. I will watch if it's the right moment.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Pete, can you just promise this You'll save America and we'll let you go.
Speaker 1: Well, likewise, brother, we're gonna keep fighting, no doubt, Pete.
Speaker 2: Accept everybody look from on Fox while I'm on social Beete, thanks so much, Thank you,