Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong, Andy and he Armstrong, and.
Speaker 2: Even from Studio C see kicking off another exciting week of developments around the world. I'm sure we're deeper than the Bowels and the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound, and today we are.
Speaker 1: Under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: Gotta go with the IDF, the Israeli Defense Forces, though I was tempted to go with the Iranian people who have a collective decision to make.
Speaker 1: Oh really, that could change history? Explain that where's everything changes history? Literally? I mean this is what history is, what's document of what? What's the decision the Iranian people need to make?
Speaker 2: The awful oppressive Middle Ages theocracy, which has screwed the Iranian people so badly through the decades, is the shakiest it's ever been, and a generalized big uprising in favor of just something different, anything, It could work. If you are any room with a handful of people making this decision, would you be a yes vote or a no vote on taking out the Ayahtola, which most people believe Israel does have the ability to do if they wanted to. Okay, so we're talking about Israel and it's it's help for Uncle Sam in this scenario, as opposed to the Iranian people. Yeah, which, okay, Ah.
Speaker 1: I'd rather it be an internal thing.
Speaker 2: Reporting says Trump told that, Yahoo, no on that, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, I believe any of that stuff. Don't take out Weird Beard.
Speaker 2: It is, but that kind of fits with Trump's general world vision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call it.
Speaker 2: About two thirds solid. You know, that's that last third. You know, the recent events with the negotiations, And I told NT Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Hard to believe much of what you hear.
Speaker 2: You're you're, you're, you're just trying to give awaid answering the question are you a yes voter, a no vote?
Speaker 1: Are you the Biden no vote? Or are you a yes vote?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that wasn't the least bit prejudiced. Ah wow, Okay, all right, it's not. There's probably a massad agent right there dressed as a cleaning woman who could slip a bomb into Weird Beard's beard. All right, right, Her mop is actually a twenty second century laser weapon just developed a combination with Darfa. I would say, give me a week and a half to exploit my contacts in the Revolutionary Guard, because there's plenty of generals in there who are a good old fashioned military greed heads. They're not you know, Middle Ages theocracy nutjobs. They just want a little law in order and they want to make money. So you know, we're gonna see if we can work with them Egypt style, like when there are those mass Yeah, so you'd be pushing Okay, I get that. Yeah, it'd be like from within military temporary military dictator.
Speaker 1: Hadn't thought of that.
Speaker 2: I suppose that's possible, But at least for now, it seems like Israel doesn't think they should take out the.
Speaker 1: Top guy, and Trump's telling them don't. We'll see.
Speaker 2: They did set off five bombs the Masade did near government buildings in Tehran yesterday, I guess is a combination doing damage. In a note by the way, we can do anything anywhere, anytimes, just letting you know they completely command the air. Yeah, the Israelis in a way. Interestingly, I think it was the journal I can't remember. I was reading about it in a way that Russia still hasn't achieved after three and a half years in Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Israel.
Speaker 2: Absolutely they could do like sky diving classes over Iran. Now well that's all right, yes, an exaggeration. They have a few air defenses left, but I mean they could be like doing pilots to training, you know, young lads in sestnas and young girls earning to fly their planes and sky.
Speaker 1: Diving and run a commercial airline if you want.
Speaker 2: Well, NATO and the United States are not sending air defense systems to Tehran.
Speaker 1: Like they are to Kiev, so that makes a pretty big reference, correct.
Speaker 2: And there's a fair amount of a bombing going on in Tel Aviv, the biggest city in Israel. People getting killed, buildings getting blasted really hard in a way that we have not seen before. About fifteen percent of the drones coming in are getting through, even though Israel has the best air defense stuff in the world, and Jordan and Saudi Arabia are helping along with that, trying to shoot down the Iranian drones, which is also a fairly new development. But stuff is getting through, and people are dying, and people are being blown up, and they're constantly scurrying to shelters and I don't know how long they're going to put up with that, right, Well, the ratio of damage is way, way leaning in Israel's favor.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's taking a toll. Yeah, who wants to live that way?
Speaker 2: You know how you avoid it forever war by winning one real quickly, by bringing such devastating, overwhelming force.
Speaker 1: That it's over. So we got more on that story.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you got the two Minnesota lawmakers who were assassinated over the weekend by a nut job, and two more nearly saved by the skill of our medical teams.
Speaker 1: And the combinations are on political violence.
Speaker 2: And I actually myself don't have the slightest idea where I am on this because in so many of the individual cases, you know, Nettan Yaho told Brett Bear yesterday, he included the attempts on Trump's life as obvious Iranian operations. And I just have never seen anything that would lead me to believe that that crazy dude on the roof, for instance, was working.
Speaker 1: With Iran in any way. H me neither. No, I believe there are plots.
Speaker 2: Sure there, sure we know that we know about or the guy who was hiding the bushes at the golf course. There's been no indication that so My point is, with these Minnesota lawmakers being assassinated, while there is political violence in the air, and it is occurring at a greater rate than it has since like the mid seventies until fairly recently, each individual case seems.
Speaker 1: Like a complete kook. Yeah, I don't what you do with that.
Speaker 2: It's a well, it's an Overton window question. It's we now live in a society. We're a certain number of people, and it's not a large number, but it's too effing large. Now consider that among quote, among my options.
Speaker 1: You know, I could just kill the people I.
Speaker 2: Really hate politically right in a way that you know, most of us, virtually all of us find so sickening and repugnance. It's you know, it's difficult to even say, seriously, well, there is a reason to feel like if you're if you're online much, that half the country is gonna cheer you if you kill certain people of the other side. That's not exactly true, but you could. You could get that impression if you spend a lot of time on Twitter, for instance. Oh yeah, yeah, every time I go away from that aspect of my life for an extended period, And by extended period, I mean like two days. Right, I'm reminded that you know, nobody brings this stuff up in real No, no, carpenters and contractors, not shop clerks, not retired executives, not to the guy at the golf could nobody brings this stuff up, right, That's why Friday I said, I might be too online because I'm reading lots of stuff on Twitter and formulating of responses and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: But I'm not seeing this.
Speaker 2: Stuff anywhere else but Twitter, anywhere else ever, like you just said, never in real life. So it's just like its own little universe and unfortunately controls way too much of our politics anyway.
Speaker 1: And it strikes me, I'm sorry, before you move on.
Speaker 2: It strikes me that we may have just been doing what we were decrying because a lot of people don't know what the hell we're talking about. What online stuff, Joe, you use the term stuff like four times.
Speaker 1: What stuff? Just hatred?
Speaker 2: I meant, yeah, over the top, ridiculous hatred, often pushing stories that don't exist or completely exaggerated, right, right, just these arguments so for doctrine and the right way to be maga and the right way to be a patriot and the rest of it's very online. So I drove through La on Saturday. What I saw will shock you. And we got other stuff to get to.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They cleaned the refrigerator over the weekend, which needed to happen because it smelled like a dead body in there. But somebody threw away my cream, which I consider my nine to eleven I have. It's all gone, like perfectly brand new container. So no, I'm drinking black coffee. These are dark days. They are they are. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, June the sixteenth, the or twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program drinking black coffee.
Speaker 1: My God.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, starting officially according to FCC rules, the regulations, the show starts, the week starts at mark.
Speaker 3: Every single country, including this one, will condemn Israel, and they will go back to their homes and they will say in private, thank God for Israel. The Saudis, the bar Rainis, the Egyptians, the Libyans, the Lebanese, everybody will say thank God they did it because nobody else would a.
Speaker 1: Lot of truth there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of truth that the great Douglas Murray was how many years ago?
Speaker 1: Thirteen?
Speaker 2: Long time ago? But same then and same now. The world, almost all of the Middle East would be happy to see Iran not get a nuclear.
Speaker 1: Weapon, right.
Speaker 2: God, I saw Ran Paul yesterday. I agree with Rand Paul and almost everything Senator Ran Paul. He is so wrong on this form policy stuff. Oh my god. Yeah, thank god he's not president. I mean, seriously, I am reminded of the reaction to the wiping out of Hamas which is ongoing.
Speaker 1: The all the hue and cry of.
Speaker 2: Oh Israel, we need a ceasefire, sees where we need talks say that Behind the scenes, I just know most of these leaders are saying to Nat Yahoo, clean house, Buddy, clean house.
Speaker 1: But the posturing, the public posturing, do what you gotta do, that's what they're saying. Win. You know what we've totally lost.
Speaker 2: Was that repugnant to anybody, the idea that we in the West of the United States is a Western civilization should just win. It's an attitude that's practically been lost among the intelligentsia. You know, we are in a fight. It has never ended. We were born to it. Our nation was birth to it a fight against totalitarianism and conquest.
Speaker 1: Win. Wow.
Speaker 2: I just saw my first aerial shot of the No King's protests that happened here in the capital of California and Sacramento. Big giant crowd. Trump had a pretty funny tweet about it yesterday. We'll have to get to later. We got a lot of stuff on the way. Kati's headlines. Hope you can stay here, nel e O yo, man. There's some interesting things that happened around the whole immigration deportation thing, with Trump making announcements and hints and that sort of stuff in the last three days since we were last on the air. Wedn't need to discuss, I would say, so, yeah, yeah, And where does it end?
Speaker 1: That's my question.
Speaker 2: If you're going to throw everything up in the air, what's the point? Where are we headed victory?
Speaker 1: That's where it ends? Oh good?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I worried about it. All right, Let's figure out who's reporting what today. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 4: Katie all right, starting with news Week. Minnesota assassin suspect had flyers reading quote no Kings in vehicle right.
Speaker 2: His wife also had a bunch of guns and stuff in her vehicle.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on there. I wish there were some sort of medical test.
Speaker 2: It'd be like positive for COVID, that you'd be diagnosed as an angry loser who blames others for your own failings. And once you were confronted with that information, I think it really help people. They would think, wow, wow, I'm one of those. I need to take a long art look at myself. It would cure us of a lot of our ills.
Speaker 1: As you had it.
Speaker 4: From ABC, Israel claims full aerial control over Tehran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, laying the groundwork what six months ago or so when they retaliated for October seventh, taking out a ton of Iran's anti aircraft equipment, and now exploiting that.
Speaker 4: From Fox News, Trump celebrates the United States long history of giving a foreign enemies quote hell at massive military parade.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to see any of the parade because I was driving to and fro Los Angeles for my son's boy scout trip, which I will talk about later, but as interesting taking in the reviews, people who lean right thought it was absolutely a spectacular parade and were riveted. People who lead and left say it was just a debacle, a disaster.
Speaker 1: How could anything go so wrong? Wow? Wow, what a divided people we are? From Politico.
Speaker 4: Teachers' Union president Randy Winngarten resigns from DNC.
Speaker 1: Really really more on that later.
Speaker 2: Have the Democrats realized that teachers' unions are no longer an object of sympathy in this country and people have woken up to what they really are?
Speaker 1: I doubt that, but they've figured out that.
Speaker 2: Her name is poison Usually you don't even know who that person is, and her name is poisoned for half the country or more true enough.
Speaker 4: From the Wall Street Journal, Young graduates are facing an employment crisis. They're citing slow hiring is making it hard for those just starting out.
Speaker 1: Joe, what do you point out every year since you graduated?
Speaker 2: I don't know you've said this that when you graduated, we graduated at the same time, but I don't remember it.
Speaker 1: I had a job already.
Speaker 2: But they were talking about what a rough labor market was for graduates coming out into the workplace, and they say that every single year graduation time. If you start paying attention this year, you will find that it is true every year.
Speaker 1: They haven't said that even won. The economy is good, so it's.
Speaker 2: Hard to get your professional career started day. It's not great now. I will tell you this, with all due cynicism, I've got a kid out of work. In between AI and uncertainty around supply chains and manufacturing that sort of thing with the tariff steel, it is a s time to be looking for a job. Oh, I don't doubt it, but they do say it every single year for new graduates. Well, it's such an easy story to get the headline, you know, get people's attention on. Can you get somebody angry about it on Twitter and quote them? That would really jazz it up.
Speaker 4: From the New York Post, Shoe a Otani is ready to be a two day player again.
Speaker 1: He will make his pitching debut today. Did you realize he has not pitched for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: His last pitching outing was for the angel So he's gonna make his Dodgers' pitching debut.
Speaker 1: One of the best pitchers hitters of all time.
Speaker 4: Awesome from Law and Crime, Mule riding Man unleashes pet raccoon into crowded bar as revenge for being kicked out.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was a lot there. You had me at mule riding.
Speaker 2: Man, I feel like we're gonna have to break that down later. Bar bar, We're like throwing in the fact that it happened in a bar.
Speaker 1: Really a bandard. I'm gonna show them, let's see what what what? What weapons do? I where's my message? Should my vengeance take? Well, I guess I'll do what I'll always do. I'll grab my raccoon, I'll get on my mule and I'll head down there.
Speaker 4: And finally the Babylon Bee quote, Trump is a king, say people freely protesting in a free country.
Speaker 1: Wow. Sometimes the simplest is the best. That is pretty goodful, pretty good.
Speaker 2: I witnessed a lot of the protesting in Los Angeles over the weekend, which I will talk later. I thought the stuff from the parate I've seen the pictures of the people in the old timey uniform is going way way way back World War one, Civil War stuff.
Speaker 1: I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once you actually came across a legitimate description of what it was meant to be.
Speaker 1: And it sounds charming. Yeah, we got so much news to cover.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stick around if you missed a second maget the podcast Armstrong and Getty on the band Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: There were confrontations between police and protesters in Portland, Oregon, in Washington State, and in Atlanta. In Los Angeles, police breaking up crowds what appears.
Speaker 1: To be the police called a Leslietho round.
Speaker 5: But the large majority of the more than two thousand nationwide so called No Kings events taking place without incident.
Speaker 2: Well that's true, that's great, that's true. But that was a fair amount of Mayhem that you just played for us, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of YadA YadA, YadA. The Mayhem right, exactly.
Speaker 2: Mayhem and these eleven cities, But mostly it was peaceful. It reminds me very much of the discussion, particularly about a decade ago, about moderate Muslims. Well, no, sixty seven percent of Muslims don't want to kill all the Jews and infidels and take over the world. Well, those folks are irrelevant to the discussion. There are plenty who do want to do all those horrible, unspeakable things and or set fire to cities and bash cops heads in plenty.
Speaker 1: That's who we're talking about. Right.
Speaker 2: If I'm a cop and that one guy has throwing chunks of cement at my head.
Speaker 1: I'm really interested.
Speaker 2: In that, dude, even if there are a thousand people over there peaceful, right, right, Two major things happened, and then we will discuss. Because you're busy with your life and your weekend, you shouldn't even know this because you're a normal person and you had summertime stuff to do, which I actually did do. But Trump Friday ordered Immigration Customs Enforcement better known as ICE officers. On Friday, he ordered them to stop conducting raids and arrests on farms, restaurants, and hotels agricultural meatpacking plants. Several news outlets reported the decision reportedly came directly from the president. Our great farmers and people in the hotel and leisure business have been stating that our very aggressive policy and immigration is taking very good, longtime workers away from him, those whose job as being almost impossible to replace. This is one of those deals where Trump comments on the news of the day like he's a.
Speaker 1: Bystander, right, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: But so you know, the conversation had turned late in the week last week toward you're rounding up all the people, You're showing up at farms and rounding up people have been there for years.
Speaker 1: Is that what we want to do? Blah blah blah blah blah. Okay, fine, so there's that. We'll get back to that in a second.
Speaker 2: But then yesterday Trump in like a a tolstoying length tweet from this from his outlet thingy, and I'll just read one sentence of it, because it's very, very very long. ICE officers are herewith ordered by notice of this truth.
Speaker 1: So I like that that the policy comes out this way.
Speaker 2: ICE officers are here with ordered by notice of this truth, to do all in their power to achieve the very important goal of delivering the single largest mass deportation program in history.
Speaker 1: And then he goes through all kinds of details and everything.
Speaker 2: What's your gut reaction to those two announcements? I do kind of like the quasi constitutional verbiage of I hereby declare according to my article seven powers under truth social anyway, Sorry, So what's your gut reaction of the ab there?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Have one go ahead. I have an overarching theme about all of this, but I don't I don't know. I don't know what was going on with why he reacted the way he did Friday, And was he backing off that yesterday or is he is?
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: A the announcement about hey, we're backing off farms and hotels and restaurants and meat packing plants and the rest of it. In short, workplace rayse was a realistic reaction to huge sectors of the economy saying whoa WHOA. B was talking to the base, the hardcore deport everybody base, and Stephen Miller that part of the administration saying hey, I'm still on your team. I still got your back. So was one was behind the scenes and one was more pr So I heard something damn interesting over the weekend that I think is true, so I will repeat it here. Sarah I isger of the Dispatch who she has been involved in several presidential campaigns and understands issue polling about as well as anybody. And I love the way she's always described that issue polling is practically worthless for all kinds of different reasons. But they were discussing the polls showing, you know, maybe some softening in people's enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: For booting everybody out or that sort of thing, and.
Speaker 2: She made the point, and I think this is absolutely true when it comes down to it. At the end of the day, you get around to a predictionally specifically the next presidential election, nobody's gonna care about the methods that were used and the crying mom whose.
Speaker 1: Kid just came here to go to school or whatever the hell.
Speaker 2: They're just gonna see somebody did something about illegal immigration and we have way fewer legal immigrants the end, I'm happy with that. The whole process part will be lost. Nobody will remember that. This gets to what we were talking about last week of If you go through historically, there's almost no examples of big, giant democratic Democrat demonstrations and revolts and things like this, whether it's rioting or peaceful process whatever.
Speaker 1: Working to their benefit politically.
Speaker 2: There's like no example of that, including when Nixon's guard shot a bunch of students on a college campus in nineteen seventy and the left went wild and songs were written and movies were made, and Nixon won forty nine states two years later. Because people don't like mayhem, they want it put down. The individual methods would would pull horribly if you had pulled that. Do you think national Guard troops should shoot constans, I mean like ninety eight to zero. You know, of course everybody hates that, but I'm gonna vote for the guy who did it because i want order.
Speaker 1: Right, right, boy.
Speaker 2: I have a very funny joke to make, but it hints at political violence, and now is not time, so I'll pass on that. But the other principle I think at work here is that the further you go directionally in the right direction, like from wide open borders with TDA and MS thirteen gang members flooding the country, Chinese nationals, militant Muslims, God knows how long it'll take to reckon with how many really dangerous people Joe Biden let into this country. Anyway, the further we get from that, the more I think the American people are willing to discuss the subtleties Like when the Biden when the Biden border was wide open, everybody's like ship them out, every single legal every single order them ship them out, because it was such a crisis, it was such a disaster where we were, We've moved the ball way down the field now much further directionally toward control of the borders and adherence to the law and so people are willing to say, Okay, let's talk about the law abiding worker has been here for ten years.
Speaker 1: So on that when you get down to that.
Speaker 2: So why Friday Trump announced, Hey, I think guys should be kicking out.
Speaker 1: Farm workers and people in restaurants. It's just really interesting for Trump to say that.
Speaker 2: But I do think you're right, that is an economic decision. I don't think it was a political decision because I think there's still enough people on the side of illegals have got to.
Speaker 1: Go, and you know why, because that's the law.
Speaker 2: I took in so much media coverage in Los Angeles while I was driving through LA on Saturday with all the protests going on and cops everywhere and lots of roads closed off, and it was fine, nothing really happened. There was such a giant police presence and National Guard presence that things never really got out of hand. But as listening to various other talk stations, not KABC where we work, nobody presented it from the side of you know, the current law is you can't be here illegally. Doesn't matter if you're a law biting nice guy who everybody likes.
Speaker 1: Your kids at the high school, the law doesn't say that.
Speaker 2: So if you want the law to say, if you're a nice guy and everybody likes your kids at the high school, you don't have to go then write that law. But for now, you either have.
Speaker 1: To be for enforcing federal law or not.
Speaker 2: And if we're gonna decide that now we don't enforce federal law, Okay, what other federal law should we not enforce? If we're gonna go to start with taxes, please throwing it out there. I can come up with several specific tax codes I'd like to do away with. If we're just gonna decide, you know what, we don't really need to enforce federal law. How is that not the nut of the conversation?
Speaker 1: You know, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I almost wish i'd spouted what I was thinking, and then you could have answered with that, because I was about to express the other side of it, which is we've sent the message in a hundred different ways. Come to the country, get your paperwork, get a job, open a bank account.
Speaker 1: You can even buy a house, and nobody's gonna do anything about it. But that sort of.
Speaker 2: Wishy washiness about enforcing the law, some would just call it realism. But that yields a situation where there's no pressure to do what you were yelling about, to actually reform the law and then enforce it, which is I mean, it seems stupid to have to say this out loud. Having laws and then enforcing them is the way a system like ours should work. All the news coverage you take in from the mainstream media or left leaning media seems to work from an assumption that we're just not going to follow federal law on this.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have nobody nobody wants to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have all kinds of workarounds and carveouts and stuff that's all against federal law. Well, you can't operate like that, obviously.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that there aren't.
Speaker 2: There isn't more of an effort to, you know, vote for Jim Jones for Congress because he believes this should be the law around immigration, righthet in Congress that wants to pass laws and say, you know what, if you've been here for ten years and you've come into no crimes and everybody lects your kids at the high school, we're not kicking you out, and you get these workpapers, you become a citizen or whatever. We're gonna do, pay a fine if you like whatever. Sure, yeah, yeah, I would agree. And that was the point I was trying to make. I feel like we've moved directionally far enough in the correct, the right direction that now people are willing to have that conversation in a productive way. But I would suggest to my conservative brethren there will never be probably a better time than now to get a great deal. We've got both houses barely and the White House. Now is the time to pass serious immigration law. I'm not going to use I'm not going to use the cre comprehensive imm CIR. I'm not going to use the CIR phrase because it is so stinky in many people's noses. But we need serious reform of our immigration laws and then enforce the damn things. I mean, it's again, it's so obvious. I feel like I'm moron even saying it. But here we are incredible that it never came up. I don't know how many hours of coverage I took in of talk radio on various stations in Los Angeles and it never came up.
Speaker 1: You know, they are here illegally, I mean, by federal law.
Speaker 2: They should go. I don't care how nice a guy you are, or how long you've been here. By federal law, you should have to go.
Speaker 1: That is as a starting place.
Speaker 2: Yes course, yes, I don't know. Nobody mentions that. All right, here's your final bitterly cynical note. At least for me, If you were to assemble the top one hundred Democrat fundraisers and top one hundred Republican fundraisers in an arena and said all right, show a hands, true or falls, it would be a disaster, serious immigration reform passed for you raising money. Every hand in the place would shut up, shoot up. That's the worst thing that could happen. Maybe maybe one way to force Congress to actually move would be to just start following the law. Maybe that'd be one way to get Congress to move and just and Trump should just say, over and over again, I'm following the law. You're always complaining about me being a dictator and not following the law. This is the law. What a beautiful idea you ought to be in charge. You're the new chief of staff. Congratulations, you'll be missed around here. Yeah, but he didn't. He backed down and said all right, no, no meat packing in agriculture and hospitality in hotels.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: But then he has that truth yesterday and where he said here with under Article six of the Second whatever Constitution, all truth socials are hereby anointed with the power and said, everybody's got to go. Largest deportation in US history. Steve Miller Filch's phone. Did Baron get hold of his truth account?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a little schizophrenic wondering what you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: That text line is four one five two nine five KFTC mailbag. Next, on one of the TV stations in San Diego where we are also on, says sixty thousand people showed up for the No King's protest in San Diego. Even if they're exaggerating by twice, thirty thousand would be a crazy big crowd. And now everything has changed. Yeah, to me, it was like going to a baseball game. Everybody enjoyed themselves, had their their chant. Now they're home and well it was fine. You know what you're saying. In effect, peaceful protests don't accomplish anything. Well, it's not clear to me at all what they were trying to accomplish.
Speaker 1: They don't want kings. Do you not understand? Did you not read the signs. Well, we don't have an F and king, so it worked. Okay, I congratulate them. Well done. Can we do something about the mosquitoes now? No mosquitos mark please? Or athletes foot you do? You pick the cause? I mean you're one for one. Who am I to tell you what to do?
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom loving quote of today from Ben Franklin. Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom, and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech, except for hate speech and microaggressions.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry that last part wasn't part of what he said.
Speaker 2: Saudi Arabia just executed a journalist for tweets they didn't like. So, oh boy, you don't know you don't have free speech everywhere?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Indeed, not not even close. I'd like to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, sometimes we're friends with awful bastards because they're better than the awfuler bastards next door. That's what international relations is.
Speaker 1: Get used to it. Mailbag drops notet.
Speaker 2: Mail bag at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com.
Speaker 1: Pat from New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Rights, Hey, watch the Army parade on YouTube with my kids and we really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: The army parade was awesome.
Speaker 2: The announcer's history lessons were nice, and kids especially like to see all the different uniforms, aircrafts, and tanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of I've heard too.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I saw, you know, trump hating journalists talk about what a boring de Boclet was.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, thanks Pat for the note.
Speaker 2: Then this h I hope I'm never so political that I can't like enjoy something like a parade if it's the other side. I mean, that's just I don't know. Oh yeah, more on that topic next hour. I hope if we can squeeze it in.
Speaker 1: JT and livermore rights.
Speaker 2: The overwhelming nerve is that the parade was a fizzle before it even started.
Speaker 1: But they just don't get it.
Speaker 2: But nobody seems to consider it was that the parade was not mentor targeted for the punditry class on cable TV, nor was it aimed at.
Speaker 1: The East Coast elites.
Speaker 2: Was squarely aimed at the patriotic people of this country, the same ones who have massively increased the recruiting numbers for the armed forces and Segxeth and Trump took over look for recruitment to go even higher following the parade, and then JT mentions quite aptly, if you want to criticize the cost of the parade, consider the cost of TV, print and radio advertising by the army try to catch to try to catch the attention of possible recruits. I don't know how much the army in particular spends on its own, but the military as a whole spent six billion dollars with a b over three years to recruit and retain six billion.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting number to know. Yeah, indeed, well done. JD.
Speaker 2: JT Don in a beautiful san Jose writes, No King Day more like Winer's Day.
Speaker 1: My take on the No King.
Speaker 2: Day protests, which led about every news all outlet all weekend, I think these are more than I think these are more like just a bunch of whiners. They're angry that their vocal minorities not able to wield power they once did, that someone is standing up to them, and that someone is running the country more like the majority of people would like to see it run. There is a fair amount of truth in that peaceful protests do not get near the attention or fee or land the same way as violent protests.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's an interesting point, you know.
Speaker 2: The only thing I'd add to Don's note is to the extent that Trump has been fast and loose with constitutional powers and gone too far too fast, hasn't done the paperwork, and the courts have corrected them. I say, good, that's our Constitution at work. Nice job, Constitution.
Speaker 1: See it. Then, no Mosquitoes Rally next Saturday.
Speaker 2: If you missed a segment, subscribe to our podcast to Armstrong and Getty