Speaker 1: Start up dot Up, start Up Brooklyn boy by, start Up Brooklyn Buddy.
Speaker 2: Start up dot dot up.
Speaker 3: They making noise data start up Dada dot Up, Episode three thirty.
Speaker 2: Two, The Brooklyn Boys Podcast, What's going on the idea that I'm back? Yeah, what's You're back? David Brody?
Speaker 4: I'm back because guys, I know you listen to Slice Time. You listen to Slice Time. What is this episode three thirty three three two?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: But it was Slice Time for episode three thirty one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well so okay, so Skeary uses this high tech system he pays for, not as not as actual physical billion dollar system, but the digital software we use that we can see each other and send the audio back and forth crapped out when we did Slice Time this week. Yeah, so we had to go back to old technology, which used to be new techno Gee Zoom. The problem is when you don't subscribe to Zoom and pay the fee, you get like, I don't know, a half hour.
Speaker 2: Something like that. So I logged in.
Speaker 4: The Zoom and sent the link to Scary and we talked for like ten minutes about how shitty his system is. And he's pissed off that the software is not working anyway. By the time we got to the actual podcast, our zoom meeting that I started was over in like twenty minutes. So we then had to disconnect. Then he had to send me a link blah blah blah, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And then as we're doing slice time, the last slice call gets cut off and the show ends.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: Well, it was the last call, but then you you were commenting on the last call right then all of a sudden everything went dead and I don't I don't see Scary because the zoom call ended.
Speaker 4: So I called Scary on the phone. He goes, oh, yeah, I ended it. I you know, you got cut off. No big deal, the zoom call ended.
Speaker 6: Time was up already get caught mid rantom. Yeah, So was that Viny from Brooklyn or John Vinny?
Speaker 2: It was Vinnie from Brooklyn. You have the call.
Speaker 1: And one last thing I know, I said, that was it, But the whole thing we're going out to dinner with one of your girlfriends or wives or whatever. My particular group of friends we've been friends since pre k We've been friends for thirty six years. And if one of our spouses or significant others was in the group, we still split it amongst whoever the guys are in the group. It's not Oh so our group is four guys. If two of the wives are there, we're still split in it four ways. It doesn't make a difference. Yes, right, that's just the way we are. Yes, And I understand that's not everybody. But in other situations with people that I'm not as close to, I would absolutely pay double for my wife and myself. If that's the case. You know, eleven people, we split it in eleven ways. I'm always picking up two at least, right. Anyhow, that's just my opinion, guys.
Speaker 4: That's your opinion. There's there's no such it's not. You can't be wrong. If it's your opinion. It just doesn't make any frigging sense to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, so so so you the husbands don't show up, the wives eat free?
Speaker 2: The fuck is that about?
Speaker 7: What is?
Speaker 2: Have a vagina have to do it? Eating for free? Right?
Speaker 6: That's what you wanted to say. And why there's two of them? Four guys have to pay for two women. Why are they allowing that? Because it's fremivorous, it's cool it's what you do, it's what I deals.
Speaker 2: It's somebody else's wife, it's somebody else's friend. And as I said, and reiterate, reiterate with Robin, my girlfriend, I always will include her in the count and then pay double girlfriend. Right.
Speaker 6: And but if there's just one, one or two like straggling women that are there and it's a group of eight guys, we cover the women.
Speaker 2: We just split it eight. So fuck that.
Speaker 6: So I told you that when that that, that's happened to me. Where we went out to an awesome Korean chicken place called Coco Dak where me, my boy, Will and his boy went out, the three of us with we invited Astra. Okay, Astra is one of our radio friends. So the four of us went out to Coco Dak and at the end of the meal, Will's buddy, who I didn't even really know till that night, gave me the nod. Gave Will the nod.
Speaker 2: The three of us looked at each other and we all knew because it's guy code, like, let's split it by three not four.
Speaker 6: The fuck why I don't understand. She Astra has three great jobs. She does very well, She does very well for herself. Can we get her on the phone. Let's get on the phone right now. Yeah. I in fact, I freaking insist that we have her on the phone right now. Your friend, okay, scary. If you were going out with your boys, right and you and Robin and then you got sick and Robin went anyway, they would pay for her.
Speaker 2: Yes, they would pay for her.
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Well, why because it's what you do when you're friends.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, yes, yes, I gotta tell you, Brody, you are something else, man, you are.
Speaker 2: This is why I did and I think this is why your life ended up this way? How did my life end up?
Speaker 6: That you're a cromudgeon and that you're complaining about every complain about.
Speaker 4: Everything, curmudgeon. Everybody who listen to this podcast knows I'm a happy go like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're so happy. Here, let's go.
Speaker 6: I am happy because I have the money I'm not spending on women I don't know for dinner.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna FaceTime audio her right now. Hopefully this works. I don't know if it's away.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 2: You're on the Brook and Boys podcast? What's up? How lucky are you?
Speaker 8: Gosh? I feel so lucky you should and what else do you do all day except be famous and fantastic.
Speaker 3: I only work like about fourteen hours a day, but I always make time for you guys, because you guys are my fee.
Speaker 2: You well, thank you.
Speaker 4: Before we get into this, Astra, I'd like for many reasons to set the tame plug way you work and what you do if you're comfortable doing that here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, First and foremost, I do mornings with Hollywood the kt Morning Crew on one O three five k tu, so of course you could listen to us every morning from six.
Speaker 6: In the morning show this morning. I love us, I love Hollywood, I love I know a number of years. I know, I know everybody on that show.
Speaker 3: For they okay, yes, but but I will say listen. They can give us a try to because you know what, you can spread the wealth. You don't have to be so greedy scary. You don't have to, you know, steal everyone and let them hear us and then they can make their decision on where they want to stay.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Step one.
Speaker 4: Astra is part of a very successful morning show in the biggest radio market in the world.
Speaker 6: Brody's setting you up so you could contribute to his argument. But ahead, where else do you work out?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And I'm also I'm also the host at page six. So if you go to page six dot com and click onto the video tab, you can see me hosting all the video Page six.
Speaker 2: Right, you're the video you would hate?
Speaker 6: Six is a is the entertainment part of the New York Post, one of the biggest newspapers in the biggest New York city and the biggest market in the world.
Speaker 2: Look at Brody plugging the New York Posts.
Speaker 6: I never thought i'd see the day anyway, no post, so yeah, so anyway, so so yeah, you're the face of page six. And okay, so you've got let's face it. It's not done yet, She's not done yet. What else you got?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh I well, actually I'll just give out my Instagram.
Speaker 8: So a big astra on the air.
Speaker 6: There you go, Astra on the Astra on the air. Now, so you also do voice over work, right, there's other things you do to earn to earn money.
Speaker 2: She does appearances now.
Speaker 3: She does appearances voice you know, all things that are legal.
Speaker 8: I don't take my clothes off, so.
Speaker 6: You know, no, no, she's the female Scary Jones she does. She does endorsements now on the radio. She does appearances anyway. Al Right, so okay, great, all that being very well for yourself. All that being said, we had ourselves at night about a month ago, didn't we, right, Astra.
Speaker 8: We sure did. It was incredible, all right.
Speaker 2: So we went to get to reset my story because she already knows your story.
Speaker 6: Well, she went, we went to Cocoa Doc. This is going but my story is why we're having her on. Okay, he knows she went to Coco Dec.
Speaker 2: So ast Wait.
Speaker 3: Wait when we went to Coco Dec, I have to say that I had the caviar on top of the chicken nugget.
Speaker 8: Which was my favorite.
Speaker 6: Sounds that sounds that sounds great, Yeah, chicken, continuing to prove my point.
Speaker 2: So I want, I want.
Speaker 6: I went out in Staten Island with a bunch of my my Brooklyn boys from back in the day.
Speaker 2: We got together.
Speaker 4: There was eleven of us, ten guys and and and a woman that we all worked together back in the day at Chuck E Cheese and brook a long time ago. And uh, the bill comes and they're like, oh, it's cash only they're all the guys. It's not cash only, but they're all taking cash out and I'm sitting there with a car card.
Speaker 2: So my one of my guys, who like is to take charge.
Speaker 4: Check guy, he grabs the check and he goes, let me look at the check, looks at the check, looks at everybody.
Speaker 2: He goes, A one hundred dollars. Everybody hundred dollars, even.
Speaker 6: First night round number. By the way, that's awesome. So I'm thinking, can well, I don't know what the bill is.
Speaker 4: Another point, I assume astra, because you know I'm smart with money. I assume I probably normally would have paid sixty five seventy, but he's rounding it up, mister big shot, giving a big tip. So then we'll call her Mary. For the sake of this conversation. Mary also reaches into her pocket and starts taking out money and counting out one hundred dollars in front of her.
Speaker 6: So my guy says to her, WHOA, your money's no good. He put your money away and then.
Speaker 2: Shovel more. Sit on yourself.
Speaker 6: My boy takes all the money and whatever we pay the bill. And so I say I want my other guy. I go, what the fuck this happened? And he says, oh, we don't let the women pay. I said, the fuck out of here. We're all eleven people, we all have a jobs, we'll have careers.
Speaker 4: First of all, I don't have a job. But second of all, we're all adults, right, I said, I said, second of all. She thanked him because he said put your money away. But I later found out that I thought.
Speaker 2: He was paying double.
Speaker 6: I thought he was putting in two hundred to cover our Oh no, he volunteered the whole fucking table to chip in.
Speaker 2: We all chipped in eleven astra.
Speaker 6: My point is in he volunt he volunteered all of us to chip in, and I didn't even get a thank you.
Speaker 2: He got to thank you. So ans my question.
Speaker 6: Because we talked about it last week, the listeners have already called in.
Speaker 2: I want to know why having a vagina means you get to eat for free.
Speaker 8: It's not about that.
Speaker 3: It's the mere fact that it was nine guys and one woman. Apps of freaking lutely, the woman does not pay. All the men are supposed to pay for the woman. Why, Because it's why it's called chivalry, and and and on top of it, it's not like.
Speaker 2: Chivalry.
Speaker 3: What hold on, hold on a second and let me talk. Mister radio learned to shut up. It is number one and number two she offered. She offered to put in and he said put your money away, which is the right thing.
Speaker 8: And you know what, high five to that guy? Is he single?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Let me have that. You a question, Estra, when you ordered the caviar, When you ordered the caviar on the French fries, did you know you were eating for free that night?
Speaker 8: No? I did not, And I also offered just like she did.
Speaker 2: But you already know the rules at this table.
Speaker 6: You knew they weren't gonna let you right.
Speaker 3: No, But those aren't always no, those aren't always the rules.
Speaker 8: Those aren't always the rules. There's no set rules. However, I will say that I.
Speaker 3: Do know that if I go out with a group of guys and I'm the only female there, if any guy was to ever make me.
Speaker 8: Pay, they'll never see me again.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 8: So she was a group of guys and just me.
Speaker 6: So you don't know if you go out with work friends. You're going out with nine work friends, none of them happened to be women. You're expecting to eat for free, You're.
Speaker 2: Ordering whatever you want on the men, you knowing you're.
Speaker 6: Expecting to eat for free, and if you don't eat for free, they're wrong.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm getting here.
Speaker 8: No, that's that is not true.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm not ordering like the most expensive thing.
Speaker 8: We all actually wanted to try that dish.
Speaker 3: So that was it, Like, that was just okay, okay, And I will say this.
Speaker 6: I will say this episode, Astra did do the fake wallet reach at the end. I'm kidding, I'm fucking I'm fucking with you. No, she did.
Speaker 2: She offered to.
Speaker 3: Pay to pay with wait, with all due respect, there have been times I've been out with Scary where I have paid. I have because there's also other women there too.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, Scary told me that if it's only one woman, the guys always pay. However, absolutely however, okay, we'll get back to that in a minute. However, when it's two women, sometimes he lets the women pay because it's two women and maybe like three guys two women. So my question is if it's three guys and they say to you, hey, asked you want to go to dinner, and you're like, yeah, sure, Now you know the rule going into that dinner right, hold on, and then Scary says, hey, why don't why don't you invite your friend Wendy? What doesn't Wendy Come now? If you know, if you invite Wendy you're not getting a meal. Is there a chance you'd lean towards not asking Wendy to.
Speaker 2: Go to dinner.
Speaker 3: No, because all of my friends that I hang out with we can all pay for our own dinners regardless. So whether we have to pay or we don't, we don't give a.
Speaker 8: Ship at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Then we also can tell who is a gentleman.
Speaker 8: And who is not.
Speaker 2: Right, I am a gentleman.
Speaker 6: I get up when you want to enter a room. I get up when you leave the table. I open car doors. I opened a doors.
Speaker 3: Listen, clearly you jot, but clearly you're upset about paying eleven dollars towards a woman eating you should you will need.
Speaker 2: The eleven dollars.
Speaker 6: It was the fact I got volunteer for because I was already paying for the guy the going away party.
Speaker 8: Guys, let me just say something.
Speaker 3: Let me just say something that's less than two fucking Starbucks is in your bitching?
Speaker 8: Stop it. I don't have a job up.
Speaker 3: I understand that you may not be working, but eleven dollars let it happened like it was eleven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 6: When you're not working like it's not a big deal, it is a big deal.
Speaker 2: No, what we to do.
Speaker 3: Eleven dollars is not a big deal when you're not working. If it was, like if they was they were asking you to put it an extra fifty to one hundred, then fine, I'd say, you know, whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 8: Everybody needs to put their Astra share in Astra.
Speaker 2: Wood and Broady have had a caronary.
Speaker 6: Had he been at our dinner and he had to pay your share too, because that bill was not going to be an eleven dollars extra for him, that would have been all, yeah, we went, we went.
Speaker 3: We would have been a whole one hundred and eleven dollars extra.
Speaker 6: We went balls deep that night. And it was in mixed company in a guy that I had just met. This was my boy, Will's friend. So you're talking about Astra.
Speaker 8: A complete stranger that actually put in money.
Speaker 3: That's I don't even know any of us except for Will.
Speaker 2: That was it that's it.
Speaker 6: And I was going to be like, yeah, maybe we should uh, we should all chip in, because I didn't want to impose on his reservation and make him pay so anyway, but when we all did that, we did I don't know if he saw Astro we did the nod. We were like yep, okay, yep. And then once that happened, we knew that Astra was going to be out of the equation, and we paid.
Speaker 2: For her dinner.
Speaker 3: We did the right thing, which I wish I rightfully appreciated. And this is why I love you, and this is what which shows the real men in this world.
Speaker 2: If Scary paid for my dinner every time, I'd love him too.
Speaker 3: I just I just told you there have been times I've been out with him money and.
Speaker 2: Two there has been no.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't say you didn't pay every time. I'm saying with Scary, women don't pay most of the time.
Speaker 6: That's true. In fact, I'll give you another example. I would I would love him a lot more if he ever treated me, which he has never done. You're not a woman, ever, I'm sure he has.
Speaker 3: Because you want to know something, Scary super cheap.
Speaker 6: No, he just said, now, because you're not a woman. That's not never treated me to. I'm working with you on that too. You know I've paid for your dinners and lunches.
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 2: We never paid for my dear. You have never paid for my dinner. Never I have.
Speaker 8: Clearly doesn't doesn't remember.
Speaker 3: He you know what, he has selective memory at.
Speaker 6: This point, because I'm sure I understand you.
Speaker 10: How is it?
Speaker 2: How is it not scary? Doesn't remember?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 9: I don't?
Speaker 2: I would listen, listen. Let me let me take a.
Speaker 4: Couple of things about me. Number one, I'm frugal. Okay, that's not it. That's sun is shocked anybody?
Speaker 8: No? No no?
Speaker 3: Is that the nice way of saying sheep.
Speaker 2: No no, it's not no no no.
Speaker 8: Let me let me ask you something. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 3: If you go okay, because I almost feel like you have that mentality of them. If I'm not getting laid, I'm not paying for.
Speaker 2: Her this podcast. The audio.
Speaker 6: No, I did not say that. I did not say that, your dumb ass. That let's go on.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, So if if that is the.
Speaker 3: Case, but find the audio, because you can insert the audio.
Speaker 8: If that's the case, we'll bring this conversation back up.
Speaker 6: But let me ask you this time exactly. I'll tell you exactly what I said.
Speaker 4: I said, nobody at the table was in a relationship with her, nobody was sleeping with her, no one was dating her. I didn't say, you have to sleep with them and they can buy them dinner. I have never expected dinner on any data ever been on in my whole life.
Speaker 2: And I'm married for a very long time. It's been real single.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, since you are married, most people who are married, let's be honest, the sex goes away.
Speaker 8: So you ain't fucking.
Speaker 3: Your wife either, So are you still paying for her when you go out?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, okay.
Speaker 5: To go half?
Speaker 2: Oh your wife.
Speaker 6: Our bank accounts will always join the same money, so there isn't There isn't a my money her money thing when we got married.
Speaker 3: Okay, but whose credit card comes out when you guys go out to dinner or do you make her.
Speaker 8: Put out her credit card which still has your money.
Speaker 2: It's the same credit card.
Speaker 8: I get it, But who's pulling it out? Who's pulling it out?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 2: Randomly?
Speaker 4: Sometimes she did, sometimes I did. When we took the kids out, I don't know. It doesn't matter. If you're all paying the bill together, that doesn't matter. My point is I have never expected anything. No, I've never expected anything from when I used to be single one hundred years ago. I never expected anything for I'm a date. I never said what he said. I said because that's not who I am. I didn't say that. I said, I'm not paying for someone if I'm not dating them.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm no relationship with this woman. I haven't even seen her in fifteen years. She's not getting a free dinner out of me.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, listen, at the end of the day, it wasn't like it was you a friend and her. It was literally nine guys, nine of you all chipped in.
Speaker 6: It's correct.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, So stop being cheap.
Speaker 2: It wasn't about to leave dollars. It isn't about DOLLI dollars. It's defect.
Speaker 4: Why because the fact that she has a vagina doesn't get her a free meal. Back in the day, you were chivalrous when women didn't have jobs, when they were propered.
Speaker 8: She wasn't. She wasn't asking for a free dinner. She pulled out money. She offered. He said, put your money away.
Speaker 6: In my defense, she took the money out very slowly. Please let me say something that I did. And as she does not know this, and Brod you don't know this either. A few weeks ago, we went to this restaurant park side, classic Italian restaurant, not cheapens, and I will tell you I went with I went with uh, our friend Francesca and her husband, and it was Robin and I and it was our friend name and it was our friend Inez who you know. It was the five of us Astra. What do you think happened at the end of that meal when the check came, Well.
Speaker 8: It could have gone two ways.
Speaker 3: Either the two guys paid the full bill or the two guys paid for the couples and you had iz put in maybe for the tip.
Speaker 6: Okay that the latter did not happen. I looked at I looked at him, he looked at me, and we looked at We did the nod and we covered it.
Speaker 2: We split it by two.
Speaker 8: Which is what men do.
Speaker 6: But you know what I did and then went back and tried to vend mow me money. And I'm like, what are you doing so.
Speaker 8: Of course you would.
Speaker 6: Because that's what she does. But but my point is we were ready to just absorb the four the bill place five, put it half half half, We pay half of her.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 8: So it's sweet, which is exactly that is very sweet. And it wasn't nine men, you know what I'm saying. But one woman would react.
Speaker 2: How do you would Brody reacted in that situation.
Speaker 8: Oh, he would have lost his ship.
Speaker 6: Because now it's just divided by two. Now you now you're like.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, divided by two. You pay two fifths of the bill, and there's a major TV personality dinner.
Speaker 8: You can afford.
Speaker 6: Well, I could have some guys that It would have been nice if the ten guys at the table said, you know what, our friend David doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have a job.
Speaker 6: Why don't we pick up his tab and let the broad the woman to check the lady with the job the very by the way, a very good job, let hership in and pay for the guy.
Speaker 8: You want to know somebody, You want to know something.
Speaker 3: If you start being nicer to people and stop bitching, maybe they will offer the paper.
Speaker 6: These people don't know.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 2: I love it, I love it. I love it. He's here on the podcast.
Speaker 8: No they're not.
Speaker 2: They don't know what I said. Oh you love it? The eleven dollars was wat worth it? The two podcast episodes worth of content.
Speaker 6: I get to write that, I get to write that meal off as a business expense now, so.
Speaker 3: You know what, at this point, you're making money on it, So shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: I love you absolutely.
Speaker 6: This is why I love you so much. ASTERIDK know? And you said you're nineteen years old. This is she's my attack this's my attack dog, this is my fucking pit bull.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to come to you know. Question is you're.
Speaker 6: Giving a caveat covered frenchchise, no one to see your dog chicken.
Speaker 8: Nuggets, me nuggets.
Speaker 3: You know what, somebody, BRONI You're never do you know what, Bronie. I was gonna invite you out to Cucoodag next time we go, but now you can't come.
Speaker 8: And you know what, I know You're gonna be the cheap.
Speaker 2: Ass because you know I'm not gonna treat you. That's why you're not inviting me.
Speaker 3: I don't need I don't need you to treat me, honey. I work two jobs now, so I can treat.
Speaker 6: That if I want believe me, you have you have, you have two jobs more than I have. If you're worried about me being you want to invite me because I'm cheap if I would pay my fast share. So the only way I'm being cheap is if I don't pay for you. So you can invite me. I a big tip, will be very generous.
Speaker 8: What's a big tip in your eyes? Twenty dollars?
Speaker 2: God, no, well, twenty dollars. It depends what the total was. I give twenty five percent. Usually, oh well, what happened about fifteen percent?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: I said fifteen of the out fifteen If the service.
Speaker 2: Sucks, yeah, their minimum is fifteen. If it's a good service, I give twenty five. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Listen, Oh my god, this feels so good right now. You know, thank you so much for being a part of the Brooklyn Boys podcast today.
Speaker 1: I thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's do let's do dinner me and you sometime. What do you think?
Speaker 8: Absolutely? You know what I think.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take you out scary, but make sure that Brody doesn't come.
Speaker 2: Thank him. Thank you very much, love you.
Speaker 3: Actually you know what, no, no, no, we'll get we'll get a doggy bag. He could have the leftovers and I won't even charge him.
Speaker 2: I get left the Caveat Nuggets, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: No, the cavia will be off the nugget. You'll just have the nugget bare.
Speaker 2: Wow, you are spicy today. All right.
Speaker 8: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Have a great week. I know you love you to us. Bye, you have a good one too.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 2: Guys my podcast.
Speaker 6: I love the way you hit the commercial before I could say anything. Well, we were way overdue. I'm sorry that was That was a very long set. You get to say what you want to say.
Speaker 4: Now, here's what I'll say, because I we've already beat this to death on two podcasts. But here's what I'll say to the slices. Slices, make up your own mind if you if you think she ordered the Caveat Nuggets because she knew she was eating for free, or if they're being gentlemen.
Speaker 6: You guys, make your own opinion. Uh, Vinnie from Brooklyn, you want to pay for the women, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know it's day. You guys can be gentlemen. I will continue to be chivalrous in other ways. You are, deep down, I know you're a good guy. Down, I'm a good guy. You gotta dig pretty deep sometimes, like to the end. I listen, everybody knows the father of three wonderful, beautiful daughters.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, if somebody wants to occasionally pay for dinner for them, that's great.
Speaker 6: But simply because they're women seems odd to me. It seems odd to you, and it does seem on to a lot of our slices too. That's but that's why we do what we do, because we are the ying and the Yang and we have different opinions. All right, all right, So speaking of things, you do huge trend right now that everybody's doing. And I've been trying for three days to get it right, and every time I do it, it comes out like eighty percent of what I want.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel like, Oh.
Speaker 4: I feel like by the time I get it perfected, it's gonna be too late. And it's already at this point, almost past the point is the AI Action figures AI Action Figures in the box with the blister pack of your supplies phenomen accessories. So somebody I have not, but somebody has sent me.
Speaker 6: Actually was Elvis. Elvis has the script down pat so yeah, he had maxed the dog. It looked perfect. I'm thinking out how to make the replica. There's there's a script that you have to give to a to the chat GPT. I've got a script, but not good. You don't have the good one. Okay, so well I'll copy and paste it and then you could, like mad libs, insert your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I went on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I got the script, but uh, the fact that he was able to replicate Max don't Did he use a photo of Max to replicate Max?
Speaker 2: Or did he just say put a Schnauzer in the blister.
Speaker 6: He might have said, go to the go to Max Duran on Instagram and pull a photo from there, because the AI will understand. I'd be like, oh, okay, I'm gonna go to the AI goes to what the profile and sees the pictures on Instagram. It says, okay, great, I'm gonna put Yeah. That's how he does it.
Speaker 4: So if you don't know what we're talking about, just google AI action figures. But what it does is it makes an action figure that looks like you if you do it right, and then you know, like the little blisters, a little bubbles of accessories that come up like a Barbie doll, the hair dry or whatever.
Speaker 2: Little mine. Scary's gonna tell you what he would put in his.
Speaker 4: But I put mine with a laptop, headphones, a radio, microphone, a pen, things that I use as a radio person and as a comedy writer and as a podcaster. And it said Brooklyn Boy Brodie podcaster was great. I put myself in a blue and orange baseball jersey with jeans.
Speaker 2: Look great.
Speaker 6: The problem is the photo I used was a photo of me wearing a baggy hoodie. So when it made it, it made me like really heavy. So I'm like, I'm I'm not posting that. So I said, make me look thinner.
Speaker 4: And when it made me look thinner, which it did, it then changed my face. It didn't look like me anymore. I had put glasses on me for some reason. Oh so then I said, no, please use your original photo anyway. I did like three or four times, and it said you were out of photo uploads. Please wait twenty four hours. We'll look you when your time is up. Yeah, so I have to so I have to wait.
Speaker 2: You will do it again.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you this is I mean, we've been talking about toy by the time I do it Ai and chat shept for since since it started, and we've been telling you the great.
Speaker 2: Uses for it.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of malicious uses going around online too, but everyone you know. But every once in a while, something like this comes along, Like actually, my father used it to write his best the speech to that couple.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you about that? Yeah? He did.
Speaker 6: He did a speech and I actually helped him write it with Ai and we had Ai basically spit out a ninety second speech to toast the bride and the groom of a fifty year anniversary. So yeah, it's actually kind of cool, actually kind of cool.
Speaker 4: A couple of accounts I follow on Instagram. I don't know what they are. You can google him or just find your own. I apologize. One guy creates Marvel cartoons basically like cg I animated. He puts in like a Hulk image and like a Venom image or another villain, and he tells it what to do and then they just make a movie out of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ridiculous. It's pretty brilliant, pretty brilliant. One guy he made his great I assume it's his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He said, Oh, I took my girlfriend's face he put it on.
Speaker 4: Wonder Woman and it looks like she's Wonder Woman walking around like it's not like her and a Wonder Woman out but it's it's clearly digital. Sure his girlfriend's face or some woman's face in a Wonder Woman outfit.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Is that scary? You can do that to Robin. You could have Robin's face walking around as Wonder Woman. Phenomenal. I you know what, you can create your I just realized I can have Robin walking around as Wonder Woman.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I would just realized that too at the very same time that you said it. I'm like, now, any any slice can do that too if they want you. You can actually create your own porn, probably with with h Ai. Yeah, there's no need for that. There's plenty of You can find your porn if you need anyone. I know so, but it's just unbelievable. It's a chat chee, but he's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can just tell it anything you want. You can make yourself a funko pop.
Speaker 2: I know I may do that next.
Speaker 4: I may make myself an if it comes out right, I'll post it. So h Brooklyn boys shirt guys if you want to make action figures off yourselves wearing a Brooklyn Boys shirt or something that'd be cool, just saying yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did go to see Barry Manilow. What's it to you? I was offered? Yeah last night. Last night he called me, because what are you doing? Brody?
Speaker 4: I go, I said, I'm on my way to pick a ball? So, uh, this was this is Wednesday, Wednesday, ye said, I told him? So, I said, what are you doing? He goes, Oh, my way, I have a dinner.
Speaker 2: Why did by the time out? Why do you?
Speaker 6: Why is that your impression of me? You make me sound like, uh, some kind of a stupid putts are you doing?
Speaker 2: That's not cool? I don't I don't sound like that. I don't sound like that. No, oh what do you sound like? Dude? They sound like me.
Speaker 6: You gotta give me a better impression. If you're gonna do an impression of me, I at least try and make it like accurate.
Speaker 2: Let me try. Let me try again. So I said, I'm going to pickable. What are you doing? He said, I'm going to see by Mellow. Okay, right, thanks like a big dufist. Thanks. Oh, that's not what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's got to be higher pitched, right, yes, well like okay, I said, so I'm going to pick a ball.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? He said, I'm going to menolog. Nailed it, Yeah, nailed it. Okay.
Speaker 4: See so Barry Manilo. But first of all, I like Barry Manilo, even though he didn't write the song. I write the songs, which is not irony of ironies. I love that Bruce Johnston wrote that song.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: But what does you think of Barry? What did the open work? What was his encore? Give me the details? How many costume changes did he have? So he doesn't do full on costume changes. He changes his glitzy jacket a lot.
Speaker 2: But okay, but he must have worn the ruffles for Copa Cabana. No, that's what he did. Of course, that was at the end. That was there, That was part of the encore. He opened with miracle and then it took a miracle. Yeah, he started with miracle.
Speaker 6: He ended with Copa Cabana followed by a miracle reprize. He did miracle at the end. He did like like another thirty seconds of it. But you know, I'm really fascinated by by Barry Manilow. He's the kind of artist that is legendary, hit after hit after hit. You know, you at least gen Xer's you know, I don't know if I'm sorry about gen Z. You kind of left out in the cold on this, But draw your own analogy.
Speaker 4: Gen Z knows who Barry Manilow was because songs pop up on TikTok TikTok.
Speaker 2: His songs. Yeah, he actually played a he played a song. He played a.
Speaker 6: Song that he never released before but has been made popular on TikTok. So he had everyone doing the TikTok dances to the song, dancing in the aisle because that's one of that that's on TikTok. But anyway, he's you know, I grew up with him, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know about It was on Glee, by the way, so you're right, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I wanted to see him. You know, my mom used to play he was. He was my mom's favorite favorite artist. So she had all the albums and every time, you know it was a Saturday afternoon whatever she would turn on put on the record player, she played Barry Manilow. So I got familiar with his music through that, But I never had. I never felt like I wanted to see him until I was offered ticket by our boy David Katz. He said, hey, you want I got an extra ticket. Do you and Nate from the show want to want to come see Barry manilow.
Speaker 4: Man He had one extra ticket. He vited both of you two tickets to stack them up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we I said yeah, and I said all right, And I guess I was mildly looking forward to going, if I'm going to be completely honest, But then I'm like, you know what, this guy is a legend. I don't know how much longer he's going to be playing. He's eighty one years old, So what's gonna what's gonna be? What's it going to be when I when I see him? Is it going to be like exciting? It?
Speaker 2: Well, if you look up how old he was in the middle of the show, when you were like I, did you get to know?
Speaker 6: You realize you know more music from him than you thought you knew. Like, so I thought I was going in knowing six of his seven of his songs tours out, I knew his entire everything he played except for maybe two songs.
Speaker 2: Is your mother's favorite artist? Right could be on all the time, like oh my god.
Speaker 6: So when it came on, it was one of those situations where it's like, oh, that was him, this song is him. This song is like I know weekend in New England that I was a number one song, but then I couldn't sing it.
Speaker 2: Hips that pass and the night that's not it, that's not it. No, I'm saying, I'm just singing that song. So I'm singing that. One edition that week in New England was like your boss is a fanelo right, yeah exactly, he is.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so it was It was great. He moved around. He was much more agile than I thought he was going to be. His voice was about maybe seventy percent there. I mean, he's aged, but he didn't lip sync at all. I thought I was gonna get like a Frankie Valley performance where they're basically singing to track on a record.
Speaker 2: No, not much better shape than than the Valley.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he sang, He sang every note, he played the piano. He was great. He was and he was moving around the stage. He had some coordinated dance moves with his troop with his group of people. But I I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was so happy. It was much better than I thought it was going to be. And now I'm so glad that I got to see a living legend perform. So that's been my message to people that I've been talking to this week, is that if you have a chance to see a rock legend or whatever a legend in music, see them. Like I haven't seen Rolling Stones, and I don't know if I'll ever get to see them because you just never know when it's going to be their last performance. So next chance I get, I want to see Paul McCartney. Never seen him. Have you seen Paul McCartney Have you ever seen?
Speaker 4: Yes, I saw Paul McCartney because when Billy Joel played Shay Stadium, Paul McCartney came out and performed right. But I have not seen a Paul McCartney concert.
Speaker 2: No, I mean neither have I.
Speaker 6: I've seen him at the iHeart Radio Music Festival, but that was an abbreviated set. But I want to see him in concert. I want to see Rolling Stones. There are people on my bucket list. I'd never seen Arrowsmith.
Speaker 2: Oh, I saw the Rolling Stone, but I think it would.
Speaker 6: Be awesome to see these people because you just you know at some point they're going to retire. And these people are classic. I mean, they've right. And I'm going.
Speaker 2: To mention another legendary performer. Do you know who Barry Manilow is.
Speaker 4: One of his first jobs ever was playing piano as a background performer for I Do Not Bette Midler, Oh no way? And do you know who also was a back backup singer for Bette Midler?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 2: Katie Sigal, who you might know from Madwood Children or Sons of Anarchy.
Speaker 6: Oh get out? Katie Sigal was a background So the voices on Futurama? Who's the backup singers?
Speaker 2: I had no idea?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so Barry was great? Yeah I did. Did you get a shirt? Did not get a shirt? But man, no merch no merch no, no Mrchilo, no Merchilo. I'm not that big of a fan.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean I'm a fan of low because you know, because he was part of my childhood.
Speaker 2: And now, at any point, did straight and eight make this sound?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, now, not that he would. How he gets excited?
Speaker 6: So did we talk about the Frankie Valley memes on this podcast. Oh he did we I think we did. We mentioned it, yea, how he's like that.
Speaker 2: It looks like Nate and David enjoyed the show. They loved it. They enjoyed it. Oh my god, David.
Speaker 6: David was one of those people that you couldn't get to. Yeah, he was like singing every lyric. You know, I'm like, I want to.
Speaker 2: Hear Barry sing. Stop it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It was one of these you met at him for singing because you hate when people say.
Speaker 6: It was one of those Taylor Swift moments where you go to a Taylor Swift concert and the kids are screaming at the top of their lungs and you can't even hear Taylor.
Speaker 2: I paid to see Taylor, not to see you fucking hear you sing. But anyway, no, no, no, no. But David, you know, he he had some moments where he was like, but it was great. Hey, uh, you remember to say hi for me, right, because I'd asked you to say hi for me. Do you wait?
Speaker 6: You asked me to say hello to the last thing I said to you on the call, and I said, hey, I haven't spoken to them in a long time.
Speaker 2: Tell Nate and David. I said, hid, did you do that? We gotta take a break with Sar and Brodie. I'll take that as a no. From before the commercial break. I forgot. I'm sorry. That's all right. You know when I when I'm not around you, I try and forget you. I hear you, buddy, I hear you. Good deal.
Speaker 6: But what's going on? Oh he's putting on the the big orange glasses. That means something, something's coming. Are those your bifocals?
Speaker 4: No, douche bag, what do you just glasses? They just happened to be orange because they matched the Brooklyn Boys logo behind us. They're Mets orange.
Speaker 6: Well I'm not talking about that, but are they the split thing like by like where they wear buyfocals?
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you talking? Does anyone wear buy focals? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The people they put them down on their nose that they can see down the bifocal part. Oh no, I just had to read something on my computer real quick that was really small. I was like, what okay all the time, what's up anyway?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: I had a I want to do grammar police. I want to tell a Facebook marketplace story.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's get right here. You want the grammar police jingle, do grammar Police. I didn't bring it home. The fuck you didn't get that in there? Police rama police Police.
Speaker 4: So those are just some some things on Facebook that I saw, and there may be one or two in here that I've done before. I apologized during my Facebook Grammar Police folder on my phone.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: This person was commenting on a guitar solo and they said that solo blows me over to this day, the solo, the guitar solo, and I said, it's not blows you blows me over.
Speaker 2: Its bowls you over? Bowls you over? Yeah, blows over. Did I do the carbone one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: The reference to carbone.
Speaker 4: Carbone is an Italian restaurant that scary knows the owner of it's c A R B O N E. This person said, are you sure you went to carbon so no e? So I replied, I said, no, they didn't go to carbon. Carbon is a copy?
Speaker 2: Hi Hi out? Okay? Uh so hold on?
Speaker 5: Uh So.
Speaker 4: This person was commenting on on a video and he said A R E. Our teachers are to blame total failures, to which I pointed out that it's our teachers and you spelled failure is wrong hashtag irony.
Speaker 2: But what he said R was he trying?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: Was he making a joke? Our teachers fail?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know it wasn't making a joke.
Speaker 6: I thought he was being facetious, but then he wound up spelling his word wrong. Or maybe he didn't do either one on purpose. No, no, okay, is there something that you would you would that's something that you would do, is like actually put a purposefully put but only yes.
Speaker 4: But he didn't do that because other people commented about his spelling errors and he wrote, fuck you, we didn't write I was joking.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 4: This person was talking about Sam Wilson, who's the uh. The uh was originally the Falcon in comic books, who became Captain America. And this person wrote, for fans that don't know Sam donned the Mantle in nineteen ninety nine. Now he wrote d A W N E d donned, but it's donned d O n N don donned.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: This person said it was this is on a radio page. When you hear Casey case On C A S O N, you go back to when time was good. Casey Caseum.
Speaker 6: Was k K A S K S s y case case. I don't know, it's not it's not K S O N. So yeah, uh, scary Jones.
Speaker 2: That one was forgivable. Yeah, what what did I do? Wrote me back?
Speaker 4: And you said Apple sucks that way it costed me three hundred dollars. When did I say that in a text message? And I wrote, that's great? Also, you might want to check the past tense of the word costs no cost right, you wrote costed costed. You said it costed me three hundred dollars, Scary Jones, that's you.
Speaker 2: Did I write that? Yes, you did. I'll send it back to you.
Speaker 5: Shit.
Speaker 6: This person was talking about current Press Secretary Caitlin Levitt, who was married to a man who is thirty years older than she is. This woman wrote, a woman who has married someone thirty eight years her junior. Okay, yeah, that would make him like a five year old. Well, actually she's only twenty eight, so that would make him negative ten. It's thirty eight years old her senior. Yes, senior, very important.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So this is a conversation that I had with someone I don't it doesn't matter who they were referring to, doesn't matter. They wrote, and you wear a swastika and a part of the underground a cult A cult so a cult, yeah, the occult like devil worshiping whatever.
Speaker 6: So they wrote w A r E so so not to be a dick, I wrote, I think you mean where w e ar? And she wrote back, thank you. So then she changed it to and you wears a swastika w e r S so. I said, hey, you're welcome that, you know for correcting you before. But f yi, there's no s in whares it's it's and you wear a swastika.
Speaker 2: So she wrote back.
Speaker 4: Anything else wrong, and I said, well, now that you mention it, I said, you're either trying to say cult because she wrote a cult a c u l T. And I said, you're either trying to say that he's in a cult c ult or you're trying to say he's part of the occult O c c U LT but a cult is not a word, which he replied, Okay, you know what, at this point, I could care less.
Speaker 2: The icing on the cake that is that is that is chef's kiss right there, yes, to which I said, well, uh, you mean you couldn't care less. I think we're done. Okay, Uh, this person wrote admins, why why are there posts? Why are there? Oh the wrong there posts? Not dealing with with this ship. Do your damn jobs. D A M.
Speaker 5: D A M.
Speaker 2: Do your damn jobs. You've been standing these a while, haven't you.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 4: And then my favorite This is not really a grammar police, but if you're a comic book fan, you don't need to know too much about comics. But my favorite artist is John Byrne b y r n e one of my favorites. And whenever I see he draw anything drawn by him, I know it's him. I can tell by the mouth, the muscles, know it's John Byrn. So somebody put up a picture of two characters and they wrote, oh, George Perez is the greatest artist of all time. How great is this artwork? And so the next person wrote, you know it's funny. Somebody yesterday said that was John Byrne, And I know it's not John Byrn. That looks nothing like John Burn's art. I know John Burns art anywhere. George Perez is the best. Which I put up a picture of that full page, the same page at the top they had someone had cropped it off. It's an artwork by John Byrne, and I said, you must be a really big fan and you definitely know this is absolutely not his work because you would recognize it anywhere.
Speaker 2: And I love John Byrn, I love how you I had to rub your rub their nose in it. Well, he's my favorite. But it was the fact he said, I know John Bernard every anywhere I see it and that's not John Burn, to which they wrote, fuck you. I could care less. I did care less. Yeah, absolutely, well, I just something I want to read from.
Speaker 6: Uh mobster slipped something to my I haven't heard from in a minute a minute, love you, love you, love you Morgan. But he's commenting on are we outing him? Don't out him on the out him. He's a shady jew mobster. He's got it's his, it's it's his, it's his screen name is what his actual name is not in his Yes it is. That is his name on Instagram, his real name, Yes, his real name is there anyway. But that being said, I will say this and I thank you for backing me up. And then this has been a long tired topic. I think we've we've treaded on this tire way too way too often, and I want this to really be the final word on this topic. Okay, sure, and me buying the tire and wheel package from BMW and everyone telling me.
Speaker 2: Or a lot of people telling me I got ripped off.
Speaker 6: Okay, But he raises a great point because he is the finance manager of a at one of these car dealerships. Yep, and he basically told me that you know it's popular.
Speaker 2: Basically told you now.
Speaker 6: He told me it's a popular thing that people buy. They're also it's also their most used package. The people ragging on you most likely don't have a luxury car, and a wheel tire package wouldn't make sense on a run of the mill vehicle. Not only are BMW wheels and tires more expensive, but the wheels themselves tend to be made of a more lightweight material. While this adds to the performance of the vehicle, it also makes the wheels more susceptible to damage and failure. Your tire and wheel package is a very sound investment on your part when many people when people actually use them, as you very well did, the package pay for itself on the first repair. It's the people that buy it and never use it that keep the companies that offer it in business. At the end of the day, it's insurance, but for the part that contacts the ground the most, And like all insurance, unless you use it, you're not getting your money's worth. Sorry for the novel, but you deserve to know you made the right decision, and I recommend you continue to make that decision decision as so as long as you live in the Tri State area and the way these roads are.
Speaker 2: So thank you. I feel once again justified.
Speaker 6: And for all of those everybody who's a naysayer, who has insurance on anything, their home, their life, whatever, if you don't use it, then you're also getting ripped off.
Speaker 2: So guess what.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you.
Speaker 2: Deliberately hit the pothole, You want credit for hitting the back all y'all?
Speaker 6: No, but I'm saying that, like if you have life is relevant point. The fact that you used it isn't the part of the story that matters. It's the part that you paid more. Well, think you have insurance on your home? You have home insurance?
Speaker 2: Do you have home insurance?
Speaker 1: Brody?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have a home anymore. Okay. Did you have home insurance for all those years? Yes? Yes, but I I didn't pay more for the home insurance than my home was worth.
Speaker 6: You paid more for your your tire package than the rim and the tires, which you refuse to add up.
Speaker 2: No, let's move on.
Speaker 4: I don't shouldn't be paying for women at dinner. Okay, I just sent you a link. Open up the link and tell me what the socks say? One of our slices. Jesse, who is uh Minion Morgan will do on Instagram on Twitter? Can I can I open it up? Let's take a break and let me open it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, do that. I give you a second. Here, good the Boys podcast.
Speaker 11: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't do it all.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm running the running the equipment. I don't like to looking at my phone with hire package. So much to do, so busy man. So thank you, Minion Morgan. Jesse who found the perfect socks for scary What do they say?
Speaker 9: Scary?
Speaker 2: They say? Yep? What do they say?
Speaker 6: Feeling a little You couldn't obviously see it on Twitter? Feeling a little county today. Yeah, it's perfect socks for you, Scarce. You get those, don't you think?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would never wear those. Oh my god, that word. That word haunts me it's okay.
Speaker 2: Hey, you got to congratulate me. I got an email. It was in my inbox, right in my email, and it said congratulations, you want a Ferrari. Ooh you got a Ferrari?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: An email came in color? Which mom on?
Speaker 6: The email came in from Hulking GTB, h f R E t if f u r z q R at flammableflags dot com. So you know it's legit. Oh, it's leg When I opened it, it actually said claim your brand new free Cobalt tool set from Lows for being a loyal customer. Loyalty pays off. So not only is it not from Lows, it's not a Ferrari, but I'm sure I actually won.
Speaker 2: Oh of course. But do you get the too? Excited? Do you get the tools? I also.
Speaker 4: Wait is more in another email from O'Reilly Auto Parts, who sent me an email congratulated me on the Stanley tool set I won. When email does not come from O'Reilly autil Yeah, I was gonna say, when you click on that, where what's the origin of the address. Let me let me see this must be there. They're they're what they call their winners department. From the email address r A.
Speaker 8: S p y z n u e j n k k k b n p r en v b z s.
Speaker 2: O r s M at group feed. That's probably O'Reilly Auto Parts.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, you know, you know it's crazy, O'Reilly, you know it's crazy. Part crazy to me, let's work on somebody. No, it does, it does because this has been like the oldest trade. It's the first thing you do is you check that you cross reference the the return email address and it never matches up. But the fact that people are still doing it all these years later means yes, it has worked on someone. So yeah, people are and it's probably someone like my dad. Oh my god, what a couple more things to read before I forget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a singer who popped up in my Facebook feed under people you may know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to say her name.
Speaker 4: I hope she's successful someday, but if she becomes really famous, then I will absolutely tell you her name. So you know, like you're writing a little bio section of Facebook. It says her name, and it says what does she do? She says she wrote, I make up songs M A K e U P one word. Oh man, I make up, make up.
Speaker 2: Some makeup.
Speaker 6: She thinks she sings songs about makeup. Probably, Yeah, so that's a that's a problem. Nice bronzer or nice bronzer. I want to I want to give a shout out to Judith A. R. I'm not going to say her whole name. She was was on a Saturday Night Live video and she said, I can't watch that show. I hate canned laughter.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, to.
Speaker 4: Which I replied, are you freaking oblivious to the fact that Saturday Night Live is filmed live in front of a live audience.
Speaker 2: It's only been fifty years for you to gather that information.
Speaker 6: Holy shit, Wow, Wow, I think they somebody wrote, somebody wrote, it's filmed live. The laugh to you here is the audience laughing. Holy shit, jeez, that's crazy. I can't believe you, know how.
Speaker 2: And she's a grown woman. She's not like a ten year old a twelve year old who doesn't watch the show.
Speaker 6: Now, I will say this, they definitely cheat because I have been in the studio audience for those live shows.
Speaker 2: And yes, the audience laughs and the audience applauses, but the applauses the applauses. Did I say the applause applauses, He said, the audience apply my brain is dysfunctional.
Speaker 6: Today when I went home to watch it on playback, it's sometimes I feel like the laughter is beefed up a little bit. I think they do blend in some fake laughs with the real laughs, especially on moments where they want like there has to be like a funny pun punchline and maybe didn't go over as well.
Speaker 2: They want to like really like juice it up a little bit. They definitely do that.
Speaker 6: Now I don't know that for a fact, But when I see them before and after since I've been in the audience, and then I went back to watch it, I don't recall. I'm like, wait, I gonna recall that being that funny to the audience. So maybe they do add a little fluff, you know, live as it's happening. Wouldn't you hear the volume of the of the laughter go up?
Speaker 2: I think someone.
Speaker 6: I feel like someone's on the soundboard somewhere, or maybe when they do a playback, you know, you know, they those shows live forever, but maybe when they post it or maybe when they play it.
Speaker 4: Back at a lead because someone would call someone would call them out for it. I don't know all right, speaking of audio, this is uh, this was the end of March. I didn't get a chance to play it. But did you hear about the the Texas Congressional It wasn't congressional.
Speaker 2: Let me see.
Speaker 4: I want to get the exact A Texas House committee hearing was derailed because of fake names. Now with scaries do birthdays? For the morning show? People were always slipping face. Let's listen to this guy, very very straight guy Texas is reading the names. I don't understand how you don't like you don't get it after the first one, but let's hopefully you can hear it because Scariyce is never loud enough. It was a hearing to talk about transgender issues, and uh, he got pranked.
Speaker 5: Is there a Connie lingis here?
Speaker 2: Connie lingis anyone? Connie lingis?
Speaker 5: What about Anita Dick and me?
Speaker 2: Anita Dick and me? Did you hear that? Scary? Yes?
Speaker 5: Or holden? Holden?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, oh my god?
Speaker 5: Are any three of those people here? All right, you got your you got your moments. I hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: But Brody that it's so fucking obvious.
Speaker 6: I understand that, but he still said, uh is Anita Dick and me? Here Anita Dick and me.
Speaker 2: You know what this reminds me of. This reminds me of nobody's named Anita and I know, I know, right, but.
Speaker 6: This reminds me of a TV station that got tricked into saying fake names on the air of the the plane that crashed, the Asiana flight that crashed in.
Speaker 2: Malaysia, all the Asian, fake Asian. So yeah, so let's I want to play that one for you guys.
Speaker 11: We have new information now also on the plane crash, k TV has just learned the names of the four pilots who are on board the flight. They are Captain Something Wong, We too Low, Holy, and Bang dang Al.
Speaker 2: Are the names of the pilots on board. Okay, you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't, dude, And they put the graphic on the screen of the names.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. You can't not, you can't. How does that fucking get through? We too Low?
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, Bang dang ow to me, that is the funniest that. I'm sorry, it's funny. It's because the people died. But how does this I just want to know how that conversation goes where you know, an event, a tragedy is happening live and then all of a sudden, you know this this just into the newsroom, do they just like they want to be the first ones, so they rush they rush it on the air, like we want to be first, so let's just get this, and they get it on the air. And but the somebody took the time to actually write up the graphic. Didn't it look funny on the screen when they the person was typing it into a computer to make to generate the graphic that they eventually went on. They didn't do the graphic live on TV. They actually somebody had to prepare that and then it went live on TV. Oh my god, something long. Okay, have you have you heard have you ever heard the oj Simpson prank call the person who was an eyewitness?
Speaker 2: No, it was actually a Howard Stern listener. No, this is major news. Peter Jennings from ABC News breaks in here. It is can you hear it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I just can ask everybody to be quiet for a moment.
Speaker 9: We have on the phone with us as well, Robert Higgins, who lives in the neighborhood and is on the ground and can see inside the van.
Speaker 5: Mister Higgins, Oh yeah, how are you just about as tense as you are? So hello? This is Can you see what I'm looking at right now?
Speaker 7: Is I'm looking at the van and I see OJ kind of slouching down, looking very very old it now look at here, he looks very up fit. Oh my god, I don't know what he's gonna be doing.
Speaker 5: Can you can you can you see him doing anything specific? Is he merely sitting there?
Speaker 7: He is just sitting around, you know, just looking like he'd be very nervous.
Speaker 2: Sounds like the trucker who calls our shot.
Speaker 5: Hear anything, mister Higgins, He's.
Speaker 7: Just too much commotion. I appear in the back of her news ving, so I can't really hear that good, but I can see it all. And I see O J. I see O J. Man, and he looks scared, and I would be scared because there's tops old dictiveness.
Speaker 5: Thank you, mister Higgins, and y'all.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 5: The driveway of O. J.
Speaker 9: Simpson's home in Bredwood clearly an effort being made to have him come out of the vehicle in the doorway of the house, his friend Alf telling Peter.
Speaker 10: By the way, just for the record, missus al Michaels. So that was a totally farcical call. Lest anybody think that that was somebody who was truly across the street.
Speaker 2: That was not It was farciting.
Speaker 10: He said something in code at the end that's indicative of the mentioning of the name of certain radio talk show host.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, So he was not there, of all people.
Speaker 6: Al Michaels, who Michael's the sports guy in he's the NBC football guy.
Speaker 2: Oh he was, Yeah, it was O. J.
Speaker 6: Simpson because so he was an athlete rifle right, Okay, gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. Oh that was a farcical call, f OJ.
Speaker 7: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's embarrassing, embarrassing. Hey, I got two more real, real quick clips of sports stuff. Can I play now? We're gonna take a break. We'll take a break.
Speaker 6: We've been running real really late since Asher tore you a new asshole at the beginning of this.
Speaker 2: She she absolutely did knock. That was twenty five minutes. He gave her a opinion.
Speaker 4: She's someone who is energized by free Caviare I tell you get it? Okay, all right, So I want to play some sports sound, and then some sound it's been driving me crazy.
Speaker 2: I finally figured out what it was.
Speaker 4: So remember I told you last week or the week before about Jose sr I s I r I, who plays for the Mets. Yes, okay, so I want you to see apple phone uses what happens when he plays baseball. Here's a couple of clips before the opening day game.
Speaker 2: It ain't night.
Speaker 5: What's center failder number nineteen O?
Speaker 2: Say Siri? And here he is getting a hit and Springer lines on the left.
Speaker 8: So I feel Siri cutting across, can't get it.
Speaker 5: It's just beyond the reach of a diving Siri. And he's got himself a two triple.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he was playing center field. It's gotta be setting phones off. Of course.
Speaker 6: It is, especially when they say his full name, Jose Siri, because it sounds like it ain't not what.
Speaker 5: Center failder number nineteen O?
Speaker 2: Siri?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell second, Jose Siri? Mine?
Speaker 6: Yeah, mine just woke up too. Yeah that's gonna be that's gonna be a problem. We tried this on the last podcast. Yeah, this is gonna be an issue. So this is a sound I've been hearing out my window for weeks and weeks. Every every once in a while, I hear the sound. I can't figure out what the sound is. Run out, I run out to my window and I can't figure it out. I finally figured out what this sound is, So say if you recognize the sound.
Speaker 2: It's a little low. I can't hear anything there. No, it sounds like an egg timer.
Speaker 5: It's a.
Speaker 4: Just like an egg timer, like an A couldn't figure out what the sound was. I finally was outside when the sound happened and I saw it.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 6: Well, where I live, there's a dead end street nearby where I live, not far so if you were to back you, if you were on a truck going into that street, you'd have to back out of the street.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: And it's an Amazon electric van that when it backs up, it goes, oh shit. And I thought it was in a law in my house. I thought it was an alarm, like, I goes, what does that sound? I was all over my house. There's an egg timer and my drawer going off. It's electric Amazon trucks backing up.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know?
Speaker 6: And I never would have known because I can't see the dead end street from my window. You're outside and you see the truck down the block backing out of the street. You're like, oh, it's a fucking Amazon truck.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy, Brod.
Speaker 6: You just reminded me what's appearing on the streets of Hoboken these days are those Uber Eats robot delivery services. The robot so, uh have you seen these robots delivering things? It's like a friggin no. They literally use these little robotic things with this. It has like a cooler or a chester whatever, and it's locked. So whoever from the store puts in, puts the food in, puts whatever it is, locks it and sends it on its way. So it goes through the streets of Hoboken to deliver the order, but it stops at crosswalks and knows.
Speaker 2: How to cross the street.
Speaker 6: But it's a little it literally is like a little fucking thing. It's like maybe two three feet off the ground and it's got wheels. It's self guided. I don't know how the hell it knows to like not to knock into people or whatever. But can it make your lunch look like wonder woman? No, I don't know if it could do that, but okay, but I don't understand how it's gonna survive.
Speaker 2: We live in Jersey City, Hoboken, this city, Manhattan. That shit's gonna get vandalized.
Speaker 6: Like I wonder if people like like beat the fuck out of them, or like try and steal the food inside. I mean, I mean, I'm sure it has cameras all over it, but I don't I don't get how these robots are going to take over. It's not super terminator. But it's not supervised though. It's it's wild. If you google it, image it.
Speaker 2: You haven't ordered it yet, you have an ordered food using it. No, I'm waiting for one to show up to my house away. Why don't you see if I can bring you wrapping paper.
Speaker 6: It's always a guy on a bicycle that shows up, but wrapping paper right, hold on, No, it's the uh the uber eats robot. Uber eats robots. If you google that robots. I've seen a TV show on some news program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're green. It's like a white it's white. Oh, this one was white, and this one is green with and it's got a flag on it. Look. Look, I'm gonna hold it up to the camera. Oh that's pretty cool looking. Yeah, but it has like. Now, let me ask your question. Do you have to tip the robot? It's a great question there it is.
Speaker 6: It's got eyes yeah, yeah, but but in it and it's got like a chest like almost like a cooler, but it doesn't open unless I.
Speaker 2: Have another question for you. Yeah, do you tip it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Uh yeah, tip it over like somebody's. Is somebody using the remote control to run it? Or is it preprogrammed? It knows how to do everything.
Speaker 6: I would imagine you don't have to tip it then you don't, you know? I just realize that that would save money on tips. Yeah, let me ask you another question. Yeah, I would say you're zero for a tip. Okay, let's say you're at your house. What if the screen pops up when you're taking your food out? Screen pops up and it says ten percent, we'll create your own Who if the tip window pops up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, custom tip zero zero.
Speaker 4: What if you're at your house and it's you jet Ski, Brian, Taul, Darren and Astra and you're ordering food on Uber Eats? Do you treat Astra at your house?
Speaker 6: Oh, we're going back to this conversation again. I just thought about of course you can't pay for food.
Speaker 2: You should. You won't let a paper food even your house. But the other guys have to pay for food because they were born with a penis.
Speaker 5: No, no, no no.
Speaker 6: Usually, if I'm ordering food to my house and a bunch of yours, don't a bunch of people are over.
Speaker 2: If you're chipping in, you're chipping in no, because to me, the part who's the host.
Speaker 6: Usually, at least this has been my experience, the person who's hosting is usually the person that pays if they want to feel like, if they feel like doing it that day.
Speaker 2: But otherwise we do chip in. But yeah, we would not let her pay again because she she was warm out of vagina.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she got the veadge. You got a problem with the vedge card. You got the problem badge card. You got a problem with that.
Speaker 2: Don't have any problem with Vadge, No problem. No, you have a problem with Astra. No, I don't I love Astra. I just I just I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Still, if you if you asked, if you asked the girl that went to dinner with us in Staten Island, in a million years, she would never say she expected or thought or it's normal never okay, but I listen.
Speaker 2: It's new to me. I know these guys forever, and I I just I didn't know that was their rule. But it's fine. It's your rule. It's not your rule. It's your rule. If someone gives you the nod, if you were not scared, what would you do? Scary?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, here's the scenario, right. Fascinated with this topic, We're going back into you and Robin. Yeah, and it's and it's me and Greg T.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, and uh Gandhi okay okay. And I've established Gandhi is the most successful out of all of us. She's a co host, does very well.
Speaker 6: And the bill comes m and you give the nod to Greg T, and Greg T gives you the nod, and you give the nod to me, and I do not give you the nod.
Speaker 2: Do you then pick up Gandhi's money between you and Greg?
Speaker 6: Now? Because because if I have my girlfriend with me, I would I would assume her cost, so I would pay double right, or I would pay there's five people there at the table, okay five, There's five people at the table, So I would pay two fifths of the bill. And I would expect that between you and Greg T, you pay, you pay her? Part three four five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the two of you pick up Gandhi And I don't think Greg T would either. I don't think Greg T would pay for the woman.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen to ask him. You want to get so, ask him. I'm doing his show in a couple of weeks. I'll ask him. You should put that as a topic. Oh yeah, you're gonna be the Greg Tea podcast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'll ask Greg T and Garrett if I'm on with both of them. I don't know yet, right, I don't have a date, but i'll definitely I guarantee you one of them will not What do you think it's an interesting?
Speaker 2: It's an interesting.
Speaker 6: I don't prep them in advance. No, not a word, not a word, not a word either one of them. Neither one of them is Italian, so you know they're not from Brooklyn. It's not a bit an Italian thing. That's pretty much most it's a chivalry thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: It is a sucker thing. And guess what, all right, I said it too. You know, look Astra said it too. I didn't prep her for this.
Speaker 2: Wasn't I saying earlier that it was a chivalry thing And she comes on and says, it's a chivalry thing.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know what, I know what it's under the guys of But it doesn't mean that that it's okay and let's walk. We've already beat this thing to death.
Speaker 2: Uh, what do you got? That's it? We're good for today. That's what we're done. That's what we're done. Yeah, we're done. Final. Then I'll keep my Facebook story for next week. Then how about that? How about that? Okay, you're good with keeping your okay, no listen God.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Astra on air social media, thank you for being here today.
Speaker 2: Despite our differences. I love her to death and listen.
Speaker 11: To her all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm whatever wrong. So she's on Boys
Speaker 8: Boys