Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, eggs and baky. It's time for the Bobby Bones pre show. Here's the host, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ray said before I went on and we recording this or anything, what if we didn't say anything back and we just did this and it was wasn't recorded anywhere. And Ray was like, oh, do you guys have fun? That was a good warm up. I didn't get that recorded.
Speaker 4: No, that'd be terrible.
Speaker 5: I don't know that. I'd be waste the time.
Speaker 2: When I worked in the news, rehearsal, but we don't do that.
Speaker 3: No, we don't do that. But I was like, do you guys want to record this? I was like, yeah, I think so, we use it, we want it on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What about the news?
Speaker 4: When we worked for the news, they sent me out to a story and I came back with nothing, Like I just didn't record. I recorded all my walking I've done on my phone, Like every time I was supposed to record, it was really stopping the record. So all they had was video of me walking from one spot to another.
Speaker 2: That sucks because that was your job.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've done that recording on my phone though, where I'm trying to record something, but somehow I get off and then everything I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to record. I recorded thing I do record. I thought was off.
Speaker 4: Have you guys ever done like a whole like a post show, pre show kind of thing where you just forgot to record?
Speaker 2: Amy did a whole podcast once, didn't you?
Speaker 3: Oh? One Mi on And I don't know. I think maybe she did a whole one without recording it once. No, I realized because she had to tell the person we've been doing this and we.
Speaker 5: Haven't really I realized it wasn't the entire thing. I it was probably fifteen minutes in, and she was a big get for me. You know, she's on like all like huge podcasts. No, it was, but I definitely was like, Hi, I forgot to hit records.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: No, I know, I know, but it was a vulnerable moment to me where I and I learned from it. Now I quad quadruple check anytime I'm doing anything. And I think I was honestly nervous because I was so excited to talk to her, and she was very gracious and kind. Doctor Becky Good Inside she's like the parenting expert of all parenting experts. It's on everybody's podcasting TV show. Absolutely, you're not a parent, so you probably don't know doctor about.
Speaker 4: I'm a parent.
Speaker 5: Give me all our guys, are you constantly constantly something She's like, are you you're not a parent?
Speaker 2: Well you're a guy, Well you're not.
Speaker 5: Maybe, hey, but listen, if you're not following her, she has a lot of really good insight on how to practically parent your kids and meet their needs.
Speaker 3: We're not arguing about her credentials. We just you kind of slammed us a little bit. You're not a parent, idiot, I did, well, sorry, then you guys.
Speaker 5: Then you guys, I said, you're not a parent. You're a guy.
Speaker 2: You don't know, Hey, penises.
Speaker 5: I hope there are men that are actually invested.
Speaker 4: Excuse me.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm telling you she's on something joking right after I said, last.
Speaker 2: Few days, I don't mind the last few days. I don't mind da. I think it's funny.
Speaker 5: I just feel like getting back to myself.
Speaker 4: What's going on.
Speaker 5: This is how I've always been. I just i've your hiatus.
Speaker 2: She's back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, maybe my wife follows.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Okay, it has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: It was just Amy Slammy, maybe I want to start learning at being a parent, and then you slam them for being men, slammer, not invested in it was a joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, things about me all the time.
Speaker 2: No, we don't actually don't think we say bad about you ever.
Speaker 3: Is to wish you were more here here more, and we we wish you were here more.
Speaker 2: And you hang out with hang out with this morning.
Speaker 5: That's all you say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have meetings about it where we're like, say something bad about Amy and everybody's like, I just wish we could hang out with her more.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she always has to go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what hang out? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh. There's a guy who one over twenty seven thousand tickets on an arcade game. He's a dad in seventy two hours. Now, I want to tell you the story, but then I know that Eddie takes his kids.
Speaker 4: You're bringing up the story.
Speaker 3: I know, I know this is what you do with sometimes your kids. One dad ended up being the hero of the arcade after he found a way to be one game and was able to the jackpot over and over. Each time the jackpot was hit, an avalanche of prize tickets poured out of the machine. He won twenty seven thousand tickets in seventy two hours. Wow, this is from metro Philly. Jones was not only able to load his kids up with plushies, board games, transformer squishies, and light up toys, but he was also able to pay it forward to a kid having his third birthday party and other kids who were standing around watching him do the impossible.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 3: So my question is for seventy two hours, did he go home and go to bed and then just come back the next day because he knew how the system worked, because there's no way that place, regardless of what the place, it stays open for seventy two hours.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then if somebody's beating the game, don't don't you? Isn't it out order for a little bit? Like if somebody has figured it out, you shut it down for a bit till you can figure out how to make it a hard work.
Speaker 4: You'll imagine when the guy keeps coming back to put more tickets in it. Yeah, you gotta be like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Like if that guy comes back, you get right, Eddie?
Speaker 3: I know you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do, David Busters?
Speaker 4: I do David Busters, Chuck E Cheese. There's a bowling alley by my house. We do a lot of that stuff. But to me, it's such an evil business plan because, like they target these kids, because these kids were so hard. You give them ten bucks and they're like, oh, I got one hundred and fifty tickets, and they go and they come back with vampire teeth, like that's all they can get.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, that's still a thing because that was awesome when we were kids, those plastic ones that hurts your guns.
Speaker 6: They're so nasty. Oh they're so grosl.
Speaker 4: They come back with like starbursts and like vampire teeth.
Speaker 3: Okay, so slightly Devil's Advocate. It's not so much about the prizes about the game, because you're spending money to play the game. Sure, you just get the prizes as kind of an extra extra bonus.
Speaker 4: But the kids walk in, they see the prizes and they're like, oh my gosh, there's a PlayStation up there for ten thousand tickets.
Speaker 3: It's hard to get two thousands unless you're this guy. What's the biggest thing do you ever play and try to win tickets for them? Is our game you're good at?
Speaker 4: Yeah? There's one at Chuck E Cheese that's pretty good where it's like you kick, there's like a goalie, like I think Homer Simpson's the goalie and he never moves, So I gotta do is just tap it. But the kids try to kick it so hard, but I got to figure it out. You just tap it and roll it right by Homer.
Speaker 3: If you were to just play that game NonStop enough tickets to buy a PlayStation, could you have just bought a PlayStation?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I think it'd be cheaper to buy the PlayStation, that's why they do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also it does cost money to buy the game keep the game running. But I wonder what the difference would be total price, Like how many tickets it would take to get the PlayStation versus buying the PlayStation versus the enjoyment of playing the kicking game?
Speaker 4: How much is the PlayStation?
Speaker 3: Uh? I think I bought Amy some on one for because I bought them the slim right Amy. Yeah, it's five, so we don't forget what taxes, so probably like close to six six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no one ever wins the PlayStation right.
Speaker 3: One in there, If someone gets close to it, they call like we need a PlayStation brought up?
Speaker 4: You wanted it back.
Speaker 2: All the big prizes.
Speaker 3: Are empty boxes, just to trick people. Yeah, that figured it out.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: There was a story because today's election day and it's it's pre show, so I don't even know what time the polls open. My wife said she was going as soon as they open.
Speaker 4: One by my house said it was open like at seven am.
Speaker 2: Seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then what time do they close? I believe seven? Right, they're seven to seven because I think Eastern they close at six, meaning they're seven Eastern when the first polls closed is six for us in Central.
Speaker 2: So what was I say, Mike? Yeah, seven to seven, as long as they're in line by seven?
Speaker 3: Oh ow oh so you can actually vote after seven? Yeah, you can stay there. It's like a lock in at church camp. You'd be like, it's so long? Is lock in? Thirty four percent of people? And don't nobody make a common reaction until I finished the story here, thirty four percent of people would sell their vote for five thousand dollars. And I was thinking about this because I feel like, you know, the free and fair election is what our democracy is built on. But if somebody offered me five thousand dollars. Hm, hmmm, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Tell me what we're ready to talk.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm just before I say my answer. I'm just I'm doing it my head right. Five thousand dollars for a vote and in a state that's not going to matter anyway, five thousand, Like you can vote about other things though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but even that vote, I guess if you sell it though, it won't it matter in that state because if people buy it.
Speaker 5: For one vote, you're selling at that point for.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars. Nobody knows. This is a hypothetical, end.
Speaker 5: I know it's a hypothetical, and hypothetically you're going to go to jail.
Speaker 2: Hypothetically.
Speaker 3: I clicked my five thousand dollars, I invest it, and then it becomes a million if we're just doing hypotheticals. So thirty four percent of people said they would sell their vote for five thousand dollars. Somebody walked up at five thousand dollars cash and I'm in line, and they were like, would you vote for chill Stein for five thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: I mean you have a fifty to fifty chance. They're going to vote for whatever you were going to vote for anyway.
Speaker 3: So no, but you have to vote for they say, they say, but who are you voting for? And then you say, and then they said the opposite.
Speaker 5: Well, now that you've cleared, had that.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars, I think I would do it, but.
Speaker 5: Also, like, are selling yeah, but you're exit exercizing your right to.
Speaker 2: Vote be a capitalist.
Speaker 5: That's not capitalism. This is fraud.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars, although a lot.
Speaker 5: Of capitalism in this country is fraud.
Speaker 2: I'm deeply considering for it.
Speaker 3: I think, amy five thousand dollars, someone walks up with five thousand no cash, Nope.
Speaker 5: Nope, no way, no, Yes, that's a lot of money and what I love it and would it be amazing, yes, But I'm just not going to do it. I don't feel comfortable. Maybe you just I.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of things in my comfortable for five thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars because y'all are men.
Speaker 3: Oh, if we listen to your parent podcast, we probably would be like nope.
Speaker 5: I mean women haven't always had the right to vote, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's right? You know a decade that happened?
Speaker 5: What decade?
Speaker 2: No twenties?
Speaker 5: I almost said nineteen twenty two, I know, but then I got scared. I'm just gonna start saying what I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: You've definitely been on that that You're like, hey you do that. Old Amy's back like five years ago, and today she says what she thinks. Right, guys, yeah we missed you, miss Jamie.
Speaker 5: I'm still like, life' sounds so serious. I'm not taking the five thousand dollars, So Eddie.
Speaker 2: Five thousand bucks, give me my money.
Speaker 4: Yeah money, dude, I'll take in the Harvey eat.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I guess if I found out they were offering a ton of people five thousand dollars, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Do it because that's that's that'll change.
Speaker 3: Because but if it's only if I'm the only person that's being offered five thousand dollars, Like the person only has five thousand dollars, period, it's a whole life.
Speaker 2: Or her whole life. Who cares.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's probably gonna be a dude, becase dudes are shady, and so he's like, I give five thousand dollars, it's my last five thousand.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it to nobody else. Can I buy your vote?
Speaker 4: Okay, was he a foreigner or something like? Why does he want you gotta be a foreigner because he can't vote?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Or does he just want to he wants too votes because it's him on the ballot. He wants me to write him in. Oh okay, okay, I'm creating scenarios. Scenario has made me feel better as a person.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, would you take money to vote for somebody else?
Speaker 2: Like we just said that was.
Speaker 5: Okay, true, it's the same thing, but you're still voting, like you're not letting. Is that what it is? I'm switching them like cutting in line and being you.
Speaker 3: They would because they just give me the money that I vote for that okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, get self fraudulent like you're you're you're giving over your I thought they were getting in line attending give me a.
Speaker 3: Picnic basket full of cat I like a pick any basket basket cash. Somebody else thinks they're bringing me lunch and it's not as five thousand dollars in cash and I have to write them in as the candidate.
Speaker 5: You actually still get to vote.
Speaker 2: Like she's changing.
Speaker 5: This could be different because they take exercising, right.
Speaker 6: You're voting for Jill Stein.
Speaker 4: Not whoever you want.
Speaker 5: Right, But Bobby did say we're in a state that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That's correct, That's what was But.
Speaker 5: There are other things on the ballot. But but you can vote for all that matter. You can vote for all that.
Speaker 4: They didn't tell you to vote for anything.
Speaker 2: I thought they vote one person to vote for.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought they told you the whole ticket.
Speaker 2: You thought wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you thought wrong, and there's actually actually no rules to think about anything.
Speaker 2: You could have thought whatever you wanted. Five thousand bucks lunchbox.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, give me five thousand. They can tell me to.
Speaker 5: Vote, yeah, right, I don't believe it.
Speaker 6: They could tell me, yeah, you need to vote yes on this referendum, no on this one. Fine, five thousand dollars. Vote whatever you want. Most of those things are't going to affect me anyway.
Speaker 3: In a poll, twenty one percent of American say they've gotten into an argument. Yeah, a lot will on the local level, especially In a poll, twenty percent of Americans say they've gotten to an argument over politics with a friend or family member within the past year. I haven't because I just don't.
Speaker 5: I am not going to fight with anybody over anything.
Speaker 2: I would over anything, but I know who my friends are.
Speaker 5: Politicians.
Speaker 4: Amy though you'll say what your say, what you say, I know.
Speaker 2: If there's one person you it's her.
Speaker 5: No, guys, that's not it's an all around vibe. It's not just that. It's just like I feel way better than I have felt in a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like we're gonna say, actually, don't get yelled at it. But I wasn't yelling get slapped with the wrist and the root with I thought that you.
Speaker 5: Know, one of your things, you live by things. You don't get it, you don't take things personally.
Speaker 3: I don't get offended perfect I canet annoyed that I can say whatever. There's a difference and annoyed to offended. We should have drunk on election day, for sure.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 5: Guys what happy is and the same thing as drunk.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, it is very similar. Another online poll ast if you'd give up your right to vote in exchange for eternal luck.
Speaker 4: Of course, eternal luck. But how do you prove eternal luck?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like somebody walks behind and goes you can have out of these five beans or eternal luck.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 3: Is that Jack and the Beans one of those? Yeah, So I'm going right after we finished today to vote.
Speaker 2: The line will be very long.
Speaker 3: And if anybody out there sees me and they got an extra five grand, you know where I am.
Speaker 5: Well, I do it early voting, but I never posted my picture, So post it. Post it, you do, you sinker.
Speaker 3: And I will say this in case anyone's listening that it matters to This is all a joke and this is just a segment. That is it's a bit as we say, no, we're not really not actually true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but real quickly, just go around room and say who voted for?
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't voted yet, or who you're gonna No, we can't do that because I might change my mind. Who knows.
Speaker 4: We don't want to.
Speaker 2: Let those have voted. Hey, those who have voted, go for it to speak their mind.
Speaker 3: Anyone who early vote, anybody who's like I'm a new five years speak my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. All right, why don't we break, take a little break. That's just the pre show. We'll get get to the real show. We'll see you guys on the other side.
Speaker 1: All right, Bye, it's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 3: Hello, Okay, let's talk about the Electoral College.
Speaker 2: What do you want to know?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Good question? And then you want to know? Ay, just talk that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I guess I kind of I know what it is, but it's like why do we I want to know why?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Electoral College constitution and it was put together to basically not give one area or major city too much power. Right, so they have what's five hundred and thirty eight is the total amount of electors you're going to see tonight Over the next few days. People are trying to get to two seventy. That's what you need to win the presidency. So if you get two hundred and seventy of the five thirty eight. Now the five thirty eight the electors are based on each state in what the population of the state is.
Speaker 5: Do we know who those people are or they? Like? Okay, I didn't know, because I get I don't.
Speaker 2: They're not secret?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, i'd'd be cool though, Like.
Speaker 2: Did you think we wanted to be secret?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Too much power for secrets.
Speaker 5: I get it, but I mean I just don't never I don't know that I ever see.
Speaker 3: These democracy dies in darkness. What are they called electors? Electors?
Speaker 5: Like, how do you get that job?
Speaker 2: You get elected?
Speaker 6: I don't know, No, you get nominated. It's different every year for every election. It's not the same person.
Speaker 3: Oh you could apply, yeah, but then you have to get picked right. Well, but and then you there are penalties if you don't vote. Put your vote in for the person that won. There are different penalties per state. So no one has ever successfully said, Okay, our state won this, but we're not going.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought that there were success stories of like the electoral college. Like it wasn't the popular vote.
Speaker 3: No, no, the electoral you cannot win the popular vote, but when the electoral college. So, but I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 4: And the popular vote is everyone else.
Speaker 3: The popular vote is everybody. So the popular vote is sheer numbers. So let's say that we'll just use the number one million. Let's say there are one million people in the United States and six hundred thousand of them vote for person A, four hundred thousand the vote for person B. That's the popular vote. The pop their vote doesn't mean anything other than.
Speaker 2: Like glory what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Like it means where I get confused because I feel like it means.
Speaker 3: Everything it would if the electoral college didn't exist exactly. But the electoral college exists to not give too much power to certain states or cities that have massive populations. Otherwise you'd basically have New York and Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas doing the whole election because they have way more people.
Speaker 2: If you were to take like the top five or.
Speaker 3: Six cities, they have as many people as everybody else combined.
Speaker 2: So what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Is they are listen, electoral collect a lot of flaws, and I don't I don't love it.
Speaker 5: I'm not an argument with you. I'm just like, the people are the people. It's like, okay, well.
Speaker 2: We the people, but the reason is they don't know.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, if you're like in Montana or Arkansas or in Louisiana, now you have fewer electors, fewer electoral votes, but your vo wouldn't matter because it's being settled by like six cities.
Speaker 2: The whole election is.
Speaker 5: But now just like do anyonewhere what state you live in, you're kind of like.
Speaker 3: Some because for example, where we are, it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: In the presidential vote. I mean, I don't want to say doesn't matter because everything, but we know what you're saying, though it does.
Speaker 3: The vote is overwhelmingly read in a red state that if all the Blues is going to vote, it's really not gonna flip anything, and it's winner take all, except for in Nebraska, which Nebraska actually has a district that is that is not within the state. So Nebraska is a red state, but they have a blue district that counts for like an electoral vote or two.
Speaker 2: But that's rare.
Speaker 4: So the electoral vote is the real vote.
Speaker 2: Ye, No, the popular vote is the real vote.
Speaker 5: But they take the data from the real vote and then they go vote.
Speaker 3: They take No, the real vote, we're gonna call it the real vote is when everybody votes. That's the popular vote. They don't take the data from the popular vote. They take the data from each state's popular vote. Okay, so each state they're in charge of each state then goes and puts their winner take all votes in Okay, So of those no, there's five hundred and thirty.
Speaker 2: Eight those are electoral colleges, not colleges are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yes, there's a certain number.
Speaker 3: Georgia has sixteen, right, So in Georgia, swing Ish state, the swing it's a swing Ish state. And so whichever of the candidates wins Georgia, even if it's by one vote, when they're all said and done, they get all sixteen to the votes. So it's a winner take all for each state. And each state has a selected amount of electors based on population. Nebraska total has five votes, four of them for the state and one for that tiny little district. So the that's the only state I believe that has the ability to break off and do secondary. New Hampshire may have one, do we looked at up, Mike? I think New Hampshire. Maybe New Hampshire and Nebraska.
Speaker 2: What's up? Does Maine have one too? Or'm I thinking of Maine. Yeah, it's very rare.
Speaker 3: But most states are winner take all. So each state has a popular vote. Okay, this out, I'm trying to boil it on.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 3: Each state has a popular vote. The winner of that popular vote wins the state electors. The person with the most state electors wins. So don't look at it as America. Whether the United States of America and the states are who pick. Each state has a winner take all in the state, and if you get the most votes in the state, you win.
Speaker 5: So it's sort of in a nutshell nutshell me maybe I don't know. This is what my brain is picturing right now. It just creates all states as equal.
Speaker 3: No, but it does give each state a voice depending on their population, so equal voice. So California, it does equalize it a bit. As to what the electoral college is in theory, again, I'm not a huge fan electoral college, so I'm not here fighting for it. I'm just explaining why it exists, because why it exists makes sense. But let's use California for example. Fifty four electoral votes in California. It's a massive state. If you win California, you get all fifty four of those votes because the population. Now, if you were to add up Arizona, eleven, Utah six, Nevada six, Wyoming, there's enough of those states that could equal out California. Okay, but it is a poppy, yes, Morgan, it's a popular vote in each state, and if you win your state, the state uses those votes.
Speaker 7: Yes, you might have said this. I was paying attention to livestream, But what are the swing.
Speaker 3: States Okay, there's a few of them. So the ones that are really up tonight that people looking for. There's two sets of swing states, and I'm gonna go from I don't have any papers in front of me. I don't really need them. But so the ones that Trump needs to win are Georgia, Florida, Nevada, Arizona. Ish is a swing state, you should win that. The ones that Harris needs to win are the Midwest states, and they are Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Trump also needs.
Speaker 3: North Carolina, but Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan, all those that I mentioned there are swing states. And they're like purple ish meaning could go red or blue. So they say purple, but some are a little more red and some are a little more blue.
Speaker 7: So when states are designated red or blue, like Republican Democrat.
Speaker 3: Not designated meaning there are more of those people in the past or by polling that are red or blue.
Speaker 7: So it's like historically, this is what they've.
Speaker 2: Been historically and based on polling.
Speaker 3: Now, I always just had a weird poll and Seltzer put out a pole and it came out and it had Harris winning Iowa by three points, which was it blew everybody's mind because it's a red state. Other poles have come out to say the opposite, but that is a red state and why it shocked everybody is a red state. Rarely will come out with poll numbers where a blue is leading.
Speaker 4: So that's early voting. No where they get polls from.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not from voting, because you don't know who people vote for.
Speaker 3: Okay, early voting, what you're going to see those numbers are the party the people that are registered. You can see that like registered Democrats voting or registered Republicans voting, or independence, but you don't see.
Speaker 2: Who they vote for. So you would assume.
Speaker 3: Most Republicans vote Republican, most Democrats, but independents are yellow and you don't really know where they're going. So, but that's where the early numbers, not the polling, but the numbers. They'll put out numbers to tell you the part where the parties have fallen in voting. But that doesn't mean every Democrat or a Republican votes for Democrats Republicans, and you don't know where the independence are voting. In some states don't even have registered independence.
Speaker 7: So if you register as an independent, what does your ballot look like? Because I know, like you have to register as one.
Speaker 5: Then shows up.
Speaker 2: No, it's the same.
Speaker 3: So why you would register really is to vote in the primary, because if you're a registered Republican, you can only vote in the Republican primary. Yeah, you can't vote the Democratic primary, so this is not the primary. If you're a registered Democrat, you can only vote the Democratic primary.
Speaker 2: Now, what people have tried to.
Speaker 3: Do in the past is the switch registers the other one, so they can like mess with the vote and vote for the person they don't want to represent the other side. Now that's I don't think that's ever actually effectively worked. But the reason you're registered is to vote in the primary. You can literally vote for whoever you want in the general election, and the ballot shows up digitally randomly for every single person in the order. It's a random selection. All of them are going to be there, but they don't want anybody to be at the top, so it's all randomly generated. Boom Trump on top of this one, Boom Harris on top of this one, Boom Jill Stein on the top of this one. That is a randomly generated Now they're all still there, so there's not you can't see anybody, but no one should get an advantage on even being on top of the ballots, which is why they have that assigned. But the registered part really doesn't affect anything now other than they can tell registered who's early voted by what they classify themselves as, but they don't who voting. They don't account votes until the Is that.
Speaker 7: Why it's easier for them, like when it comes to the presidential election, to change who they're voting for versus being registered to vote in a specific as party.
Speaker 2: I think that again because I'm not an.
Speaker 7: Understanding, so like you know how people are like, oh, well I changed parties, I'm now in this. You can't do that for the other election because you have the ballot if you already registered.
Speaker 2: Right, So the other election meaning the primary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like where you're talking about, how like for the president, you can vote for whoever you want, whatever.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter who you are registered. Wait, you can vote whoever you want.
Speaker 6: And even in the primaries, when you go to the polls, they ask you do you want a Democratic one or do you want a Republican ballot, and you just tell them which one you want and you can vote, doesn't matter what you're I don't even know where you register.
Speaker 7: But you can't do that if you're registered on the other ones.
Speaker 3: Some states you register, some states you don't have to register at all. But that's how they're telling now because they have registered numbers of people. You can look at Pennsylvania, you can look at some of the swing states, which all the information is already out of registered voters. And sometimes they do exit polls where they'll be like, what are you? Who did you vote for? So it's a really flawed process, but it's basically the best we got right now. I'm I don't think I don't even think I'm I'm registered as a party here. I don't think we registered in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Do we?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: To vote in the primary that you have to claim one of the two because you can't vote them both.
Speaker 6: Right when you go to the in our state, you.
Speaker 5: In Texas, I was registered.
Speaker 6: When you go in this, like in the state of Tennessee, when you go on the primaries, they ask you do you want a Republican ballot or Democratic and then you just tell them which one you want and they hand you that ballot.
Speaker 5: Other people running for president, well, if you haven't voted yet, but like there was like all these people on there. I was like, who are these people?
Speaker 4: No Kanye on there?
Speaker 5: No, I can see him. But I was just like, I wonder if some people were like, mah, I'm just gonna close my eyes and then you like pick somebody at the bottom of the people.
Speaker 3: Do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for president, probably not that many, but.
Speaker 6: Those other offices, people don't know who they are.
Speaker 3: I would say, what they plan to do is most people planning to vote just down ballot whatever they're straight ticket, yeah, whatever their association is.
Speaker 5: I know, but my mum always encouraged me not to do that.
Speaker 3: So that was a and she was averaged a slightly above average explanation of that system.
Speaker 2: I do not think we're going to have a winner tonight.
Speaker 5: Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: Like what?
Speaker 5: Because it's such a mess.
Speaker 2: I know, not even that.
Speaker 5: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: Reality?
Speaker 3: They don't even count the votes for fifty years, they never count the votes at night.
Speaker 2: They can't get them all in.
Speaker 7: So then how are they gonna when will a decision be made.
Speaker 3: Once all the votes are counted? Now, we had we had a deal once and we could probably pull up presidents that have won the popular won the popular vote, but lost the electoral college. It's happened five times four. I believe it's five, but weak in fact check me on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know. I was googling. It just says here they have there have been four elections in which to the person elected president won the.
Speaker 2: Electoral could be right, but lost. I don't want to come. Maybe that was I don't want to commit, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: I have another stupid question, Mike. Can you give me the answer that when you find it?
Speaker 4: Yes, maybe that's stupid, stupid question.
Speaker 2: They're not stupid because I've probably been wrong on twenty percent of this.
Speaker 5: Oh, I just googled, like, explain to me electoral college, like I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think that's fine.
Speaker 4: I'll read that to you later because I still don't get it. But here's my question.
Speaker 5: So, no, Bobby's doing good.
Speaker 4: How do they count? Like is why don't they just I mean.
Speaker 2: They can't start counting till it's closed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but isn't it electronic? Like can we just like there's.
Speaker 3: A data, Yes, but they can also like redo a handcount and they've had to do that before, or they actually.
Speaker 2: Have have to pay for that. Yeah, there's a lot of ways.
Speaker 5: What about those burned ballots.
Speaker 2: That's happened there, Well, they let a let some boxes on fire.
Speaker 3: And let's say, was it recently, yes, Okay, five of forty six presidents came into office without winning the national popular vote. Here we go, twenty sixteen, Donald Trump, even though Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by over two point eight million votes.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: In two thousand, George W. Bush became the president even though Al Gore won the popular vote by half a million votes.
Speaker 5: I remember staying up for that one. I remember that.
Speaker 2: That was two thousand college.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were we had a party.
Speaker 2: That one wasn't decided until the Supreme Court.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that that one. If you go back in history and look at that.
Speaker 2: That's a bad that's a bad situation.
Speaker 3: That was just like having power to own the Supreme Court. And that was wasn't it was?
Speaker 2: It was that one. Let's let's see. In eighteen seventy, Rutherford B. Hayes, I remember that good time.
Speaker 3: He said, I had a party set for the late night man.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: We ran out of gas for.
Speaker 2: The light, so he Rutherford B.
Speaker 3: Hayes one, but he did not have as many votes as some guy named Tilden, Samuel Tilden, Sammy.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's three.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Eighteen eighty eight, Benjamin Harrison became president by carrying New York by fourteen thousand votes, even though Grover Cleveland won the national popular vote. So Cleveland had been a president, but I didn't win that one. And then finally John Quincy Adams. Then we're going back. That's not John.
Speaker 4: Adams is his cousin son son.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In eighteen twenty four, John Quincy Adams became president even though Andrew Jackson received the most popular votes nationwide.
Speaker 7: Is that the first father son duo?
Speaker 5: Or is that first was Adams.
Speaker 7: And then it was the Bush's? Is that the only two like father son both in presidency?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What about Roosevelts? Weren't they Theodore and FDR?
Speaker 2: But not like you think?
Speaker 3: What do you think they were my cousins?
Speaker 4: Something like that?
Speaker 3: What would you bet if I gave you a hundred bucks, Because it's tough, because I would think.
Speaker 4: FDR, World War two, Theodore or Civil War? So man, that'd be a generation maybe uncle, uncle, nephew uncle.
Speaker 3: So I would think it would be like brothers or something. The only reason I know this is from trivia. They were like fifth fourth, fifth cousins. Oh okay, they just had the same last name and like right, Mike, Yeah, it wasn't even like a real thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, fifth cousins. You can marry. They can marry each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah back then, no even now talk about that.
Speaker 7: So just I'm following correctly. So if the popular vote choose someone which is all of our.
Speaker 3: Votes, okay, well they're not gonna choose anybody, but there can be somebody that has more votes.
Speaker 7: Yes, So like say we collectively, as a whole, we all voted, this is the person the electoral college. If they don't agree.
Speaker 3: It's not that they don't. It's not an agree insting. So okay, let's say it one more way that even it helps me. I'm gonna use states as examples. California has I think fifty six votes. You can fact check me on that, and I'm not sure I said it a minute ago.
Speaker 4: Fifty six electoral College vote votes.
Speaker 2: Yes, fifty four fifty four California is fifty four.
Speaker 3: Now let's say we took and I'm gonna use some random states Missouri ten, Iowa six, Arkansas six, twenty two, Kansas twenty eight. Let's say we got it to fifty five votes of reck cause California is gonna be blue, but fifty five red votes red states. California has more population than the fifty five elector all those states combined, but because they reach a lot of those numbers, they win. Because it's not a population thing, it's a win your state when those votes, so you win your state, you get all the vote your state is. But there could be more states that end up with fifty five sixty sixty two red votes but still population wise don't add up to what California is, but they would count for more because of what they're assigned per each state.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird.
Speaker 4: So when do the popular votes kick in?
Speaker 2: If they ever never never done?
Speaker 5: Why is everybody Why is everybody like voting?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 6: Well, because in your state, you got to vote in your state because the state gets the electoral colleges. So if you don't vote in your state, then there would be no electoral college.
Speaker 7: We basically can influence.
Speaker 3: What you're asking is why vote if your state's already one other? It is really already set. It's exactly the reason that a lot of people don't vote in states where it's already set.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's that is the question, because a lot of the states where it's absolutely going to be red or absolutely blue, people to the other side unless they want to vote for down ballots.
Speaker 2: They're like, why what even go? It doesn't matter?
Speaker 7: So is this why some people really don't like the electoral college.
Speaker 3: There's some people don't like the electoral college because it's not like real vote, Like should it be absolute voting and the person with the most votes wins?
Speaker 2: Like that makes the most sense.
Speaker 5: Except for then it's not the most fair for the smaller states versus the bigger states.
Speaker 3: Fre a weird term to use, but that would be the argument for the electoral college.
Speaker 2: But others would say, what's fair? It's just people like humans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you live where you live.
Speaker 3: I don't love the electoral college, but I do understand why it exists, so I'm not fighting for it.
Speaker 2: I don't love the electoral college, but I.
Speaker 3: Do get why it exists and has been established to make sure that states with little population at least have some voice.
Speaker 2: In the matter, because then their votes will count. Yes, that helps me.
Speaker 3: You mad?
Speaker 5: That helped me make it? You made it make sense with that. Yeah, it's like there's a game. It's a game. Did you bet money on so.
Speaker 4: You can't on the election?
Speaker 2: So you can't that in America on the election? No, I did not. She did not.
Speaker 3: That's something called poly market, which has been but then they realize that people are heavily influencing it as kind of a disinformation campaign, putting a whole bunch of money in it to sway what the results were of that, to make to somewhat try to suppress a vote. Right, So, but what you can do that I did find out how on you can't bet, but on Robinhood you can select invest shares.
Speaker 4: Did you figure that out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the other day you were trying to look you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found it. I did it.
Speaker 3: I put about a thousand bucks in there. You invested, invested. Okay, man, I'm kind of deflated a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, I'm deflated.
Speaker 3: It's like we're not the only way we will have a winter tonight is if somebody takes a few of the states that are not it's supposed to be won by.
Speaker 2: Them, and win by.
Speaker 5: Them, right, and that such an indicator.
Speaker 2: And well not even indicator.
Speaker 3: It's like they can't even climb back even if they get the ones that that that are swinging.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess that's what I meant by like, it'll just be like so obvious.
Speaker 7: If that's the case, why do they have, Like say, Harris and Trump are having their election parties and one of them will be like, well, you won. Why do they do that if there's a possibility that they.
Speaker 3: Didn't win, Because for the history of time, for the most part, somebody has won, they've declared a winner because it was just out of control. Like when Reagan ran against Docaucus.
Speaker 2: You may look this up. I think you want every state but one.
Speaker 5: That night, just kidding, you were just talking about having parties every election, and I.
Speaker 2: Was it was the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you you just google, like electoral map, Reagan do Caucus or Bush do Cauca. Excuse me, but I think it was Reagan. Who'd Reagan want? I don't even know because I was barely alive.
Speaker 4: Benson the TV show, No, there was like doucoccas Bensoncacaus.
Speaker 3: Ran against Bush and Dococcus was the one that got on the tank and put the helmet on it like a child and lost the election because of that.
Speaker 2: But we don't really remember that for the record, No, we just in pictures.
Speaker 4: I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember that the campaign. I remember the picture, but because I've seen it so many times since then. What was it, Mike landslide election?
Speaker 2: Yeah, four twenty six, Yeah, for six to Wow. Oh, I think there's been bigger ones in That is crazy. I know, look at the one before.
Speaker 5: That one, I mean.
Speaker 2: Had hurt. Let's do biggest landslide.
Speaker 4: That was Reagan. The one he just read that was Bush.
Speaker 3: Oh, Bush and Ducaucus biggest, biggest loser Electoral College eighty four. Reagan carried fortynine to fifty states.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean he was famous before the election.
Speaker 5: Who Reagan's actor? Yeah, googled.
Speaker 2: He also was governor of California, so it's not true.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean everyone knew who he was, but he.
Speaker 3: Also had a political backgrounds, so it was just like an actor running but that was all later.
Speaker 2: No, he was governor of California before that.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: No, what I'm saying is he was an actor when he was young. Yeah, and then was like thirty years and then became governor. So everyone it's like it's like if Arnold Schwarzenegger like ran for president, we'd all like know him because he was an actor.
Speaker 3: First, it depends on how young, like the youth vote probably would have knowne. Reagan then for being a young vote would for being an actor. It only been the old people, but old people really only people have voted.
Speaker 4: Then sure that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah, Reagan beat Walter Mondale five twenty five to thirteen.
Speaker 4: Never heard of the dude, Walter. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Sounds like they dude from Breaking Bad Walter Waite. Anyway, good luck everybody. I'm gonna go vote now.
Speaker 7: I did start watching The Diplomat, which is a really ironic time to start watching something like that.
Speaker 5: Is that the one that's the Carrie Felicity But I don't know her name Russell somethings. Y'all say she looks like me, but it's really good. I look like her.
Speaker 7: Diplomat on Netflix.
Speaker 5: I started it too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like it's about, uh, she's an ambassador over in another country for the United States, and it's super interesting.
Speaker 2: Did you ever watch The Spy? The Russian spy that she was in.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Americans, Morgan Americans. Is it called the Americans?
Speaker 2: Is it a movie?
Speaker 5: It's a show.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's a show. Yeah, it's it there.
Speaker 3: It's based on a truish story about two Russians that were.
Speaker 2: Spies in America. And it's a true story, trueish.
Speaker 3: Right, how do they classify, Mike, because I don't want to say that it's true roughly based on.
Speaker 5: It's partly inspired by.
Speaker 2: My true story, inspired by true of it that's true. So I haven't seen that it's over now.
Speaker 5: Isn't that crazy? Like there's Russian spies among us and we don't even know.
Speaker 7: Are you a Russian spot?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: But maybe I think my old neighbor was a Nazi where run up in the valley?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Because he is German and he's older. And we read later in life that a lot of those Nazis kind of moved to like Mexico and.
Speaker 2: South text did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so it all just makes sense now.
Speaker 5: Was a scientist, I don't, we don't know what he did.
Speaker 4: But he had a German shepherd too.
Speaker 2: It's crazy the German shepherds.
Speaker 4: No, I know, but that was as crazy as a German shepherd too, and we kicked the balls over the fence and be like you get it. I'm not getting it. My in law.
Speaker 6: I think the Russian mafia lived next to door to them, because in the middle of the night they moved out, like just moved out. At the three Am house was empty for two years and they just tore down. It's just an empty lot now. But they still pay the taxes.
Speaker 2: All the Nazis.
Speaker 3: So what After World War Two, America tried to go and poke the smartest Nazis and bring them here. Starts space program sign Operation needle pinned. Oh god know the name of it, but that that was what it was. And then but some of the other ones, you know South America, they're full South America to go. There are full cities that are still German in South America. Operation paper Clip, that's what it's called.
Speaker 4: Those are the scientists.
Speaker 3: That was the so every country that was trying to get them, Yeah, and then change them out and give them new identities because it's like, let's just go find the smartest.
Speaker 4: That could have been my major people.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 7: Yes, that reminds me of the Designer Show on Apple TB Plus. Did you watch that it was about Amy.
Speaker 2: You watched it.
Speaker 7: It was about they were being the designers were involved with the Nazis and helped.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, isn't it a designer?
Speaker 3: It was like those couple, that couple on Waco.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't want to watch that crap.
Speaker 7: It's called The New Look and it's about Coco Chanel and Christian diorg Oh.
Speaker 5: Yes, I watched it.
Speaker 7: Yes, there the New the New Look and it's about them being involved in that war and like how they played a role in it. And I think it's based on a true story.
Speaker 4: Chanell' is that old?
Speaker 5: No, Bobby, I think you would like it?
Speaker 7: No, yeah, I think you would really like it.
Speaker 3: I really, I'm busy watching the Ping One. That's when you're done with I've never done with the Ping One. The Penguins awesome, it's good. We watched this episode two my Max signed out from whose account?
Speaker 2: Who did you have?
Speaker 4: Not mine?
Speaker 2: Who did you have?
Speaker 4: Our buddy?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, the show was crazy because like there are these designers, you know, like the big ones, Coco Schnell, Christian Dior, like and they were having to design like the Nazis. They had a lot of money they had a lot of balls and a lot of parties and the wives balls. The wives would.
Speaker 3: Be like okay, but yeah, but.
Speaker 5: And it's like you're it. You'd be like you knew you'd be designing address for a Nazis wife, like someone high up in command and it. Some of them would like refuse, but then others were like, Okay, this is what I just have to do to survive. And that's crazy crazy, that's true.
Speaker 4: Chanel's that old and versus I don't.
Speaker 5: Feel Christian, like the fifties or something. Yeah, it was about that time.
Speaker 4: I didn't I didn't know she was that old.
Speaker 2: She was like Vera Wang in eighteen eighty three.
Speaker 4: That's old.
Speaker 6: She can't be alive, dude, No she can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, one's claying. Yeah, no, I think she is.
Speaker 4: I thought Coco was. I thought all those people were alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you thought alive is now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Coco is a modern young name, like it didn't sound like an old lady, Coco Coco.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: With a girl named Coco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, co Goo, there's the Coco right now.
Speaker 2: Cost there was a girl like Coco Douglas.
Speaker 4: Coca Douglas.
Speaker 2: Is that her real name.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if anything, it's come back again. It got so old and went totally away and then came back like old names.
Speaker 5: It's cute.
Speaker 4: Coca. It's a cool name.
Speaker 2: Coca. There was a Rustler beware man like okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was still cool.
Speaker 2: But the bird it was cool.
Speaker 3: Coco sounds like chocolate, Coco, Chris, it is Coco, I know. That's what I don't like the name.
Speaker 4: And then who is the other Christian Dior?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that a guy or girl?
Speaker 5: Guy? I thought that was one Coco's real name is.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the woman the whole time.
Speaker 2: It was it is, okay, we're done.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for that. Yeah, I understand now, Like.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a fun game. Who's gonna be the first one to seventy points?
Speaker 2: That's what it is. I wouldn't say pointed.
Speaker 5: Now in my mind, it's a game and there's points.
Speaker 2: Seventy cupcakes.
Speaker 4: It's all.
Speaker 2: It's weird. It sucks. Don't love it. Yeah, I gotta find someone to watchnight. Oh, Chim crazy, Chimp, No, watch him crazy?
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll watched Chim Crazy night or a perfect couple people talking about that.
Speaker 5: Right, that's good.
Speaker 2: We started it.
Speaker 3: My wife, I guess I had already read the book though, so she already knew the end.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I'm out, Oh, it's good. I don't want to watch show for somebody already knows the end. And I'm here like, oh, when what's gonna happen? And she's like, I already know.
Speaker 4: And she's like just wait, just wait.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh wait, I watch this, watch this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, she doesn't do that, but I feel like she hasn't headiest hate. I get so annoyed I think she does in her head that I don't even know if she's really doing. Okay, we're none, Thank you guys, have a great day.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow. All games tomorrow. Goodbye, everybody,