Speaker 1: Hey Christy, Hi, Will, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good. How are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: We're getting to it, aren't we.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are. We're really We're gonna have to start looking for plane tickets to La.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and restaurants and all that good kind of stuff for our meeting.
Speaker 2: We're going to have to a.
Speaker 3: Large check that says one thousand dollars, a big large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need a big check. And then they're going to need to find a big bank bank for the big giant check. Yes, giant check.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy those?
Speaker 1: Anyway we could figure it out. I think I think you haven't printed. I don't think you actually go and get a giant check book, which woul be funny because then you have to write void when you mess it up and rip it.
Speaker 2: Off and like oh and you throw the thing.
Speaker 1: That would be weird.
Speaker 3: No, you want to hear something crazy? Will?
Speaker 2: I always always okay.
Speaker 3: My kids started to watch Minions and they were very excited about it, and they said I was like, oh, look at little featurettes. And one of the featurettes is behind the scenes, and it shows you the actors like Steve Carell and all the amazing people behind the voices, and my daughter was hooked. She was like, this is so cool, like the behind the scenes. These are the faces of the people that are the She's six and a half, right, and so I was like, wait till you see this. So I go ahead and nice search behind the scenes of Kim Possible. And you look similar and that your hair and your beard are the same legth man, I'm telling you you're wearing you look so Connecticuttian.
Speaker 1: I'm just I love it, you nutmeger.
Speaker 3: But also it's just you Will. You're the same person, the same person. And I look at me and I'm like, I'm not the same you are.
Speaker 1: You're just a mom now, but you're the same part. You're still the same good heart, and you're still the same person. It's just all that circle.
Speaker 3: I had to laugh because like that was my big flex, you know. I was like, I love that. Will, look at him.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And the thing that's cool is maybe our contest one of our contestants today, whoever wins, if they win the entire thing, will someday have their behind the scenes of the first big project they ever do, which is all that for them. We do, we absolutely do, and this is it. This is the fine With today we determine the final four. Whoever wins today will be joining Hannah from Alabama, Danielle from Tennessee, and Haley from Texas to then go into the final four. We are getting down to it. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is really crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, it is. I know.
Speaker 1: It's We've from from over what forty two hundred, forty three hundred to four, so absolutely incredible, and I just of course we've been doing this at the end lately, but I wanted to bring this back to the beginning because it's so important, because so many people helped us put this contest together. So of course we want to give shout outs to Prime Video and everybody over there at our good friends at Critical Role. Don't forget. Season two of Voxmachten is available for download now. And I always say it's an amazing show, and I always say it's not just because I'm on it, and it's not because I'm on it, and it is an amazing show. It's really some of the best animation, acting writing you will find. Really go check it out as it's incredible. Of course, we want to thank CESD for their amazing prize of a one year contract to the winner, which is every time any actor who knows if you know, you know kind of thing, anytime we mention it, their jaws dropped their kind I bet you are our guests today, our judicator today will do the same thing. I mean, it is absolutely incredible. And then of course our parent company iHeart, who helped put this entire thing together and allowed us to go off and live our dream of giving somebody else their dream, which is something we've been very excited about. But we've also been so excited about this last guest that this is the third time we've tried to have him on, and because he's so busy, of course, the first two times he had to postpone. And where he's here. I'm so excited that he's here. He's one of my favorite actors in the world, and not just voiceover actors, but also on camera actors.
Speaker 2: He's been one of my favorite shows of all time.
Speaker 1: We will get into Stevens. Yes, even Stevens. Yes, even Steve No, he's done some amazing stuff.
Speaker 3: He literally was my orthodonist on.
Speaker 2: Even Stevens not in real life. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna see if you remember and we're gonna see if we remembers who is joining us today.
Speaker 3: Christy, it's doctor, It's Carlos, Alice Rocky.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Carlos.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, and thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: We've wanted to have you on here for so long. Now do you remember Christy?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, do you remember the ease the teeth?
Speaker 1: Apparently you took off her braces as a doctor on her show. Even stevens, Oh, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Now, let's see that brother of yours. That's right. Oh, nice to see you again.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's great to see you. I follow you on TikTok, You're all over the place, you're on social media. It's just good to see you. We didn't you guys seen each other at comic cons, because I know Carlos, you you do go to those some No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but we haven't.
Speaker 1: We we've met several times in passing, but I don't think we've ever actually worked together. And unfortunately, the last time you and I saw each other, we we had a very quick conversation at Kevin Conroy's memorial. I was sitting right behind you, So that was that was. It was nice to be with everybody, but of course not a fun night. Yeah. So, but we want to get into all your your voiceover projects, of course, because you have so many of them. And then we're going to bring our contestants in for our contest, which we'll let you know all about. But before we get into that, I have to gush a little bit because you are on one of my favorite shows of all time, Reno nine one one, Thank You, which I've been following since the very beginning. I am a diehard fan. It's one of the funniest shows on television. Is one of the greatest ensemble comedy cast ever in television in my opinion. And so for just that, you don't have to tell us any stories. I'm just saying for everybody out there fans of the show, if you have not seen Reno nine to one one yet, start at the beginning and plan on watching everything over and over and over again, because you're gonna have to keep rewinding stuff because it is so funny that you miss ninety percent of the jokes. It's great, it's very fun. As a matter of we did a pre.
Speaker 4: Pre meeting.
Speaker 5: We were gonna do a vanity fair Thing at the One Hotel in Hollywood and Los Angeles on the seventh, eleven thirty am Pacific time. I think you could still get tickets virtually and watch it. It's gonna be a panel. I think who we will have is Tom Carey, Nissi, Siedric, Wendy, Mary Birdsong and myself to talk about the origins of it and what happened with it and how we got it. So not to bury the lead, but yeah, two thousand Christmas of two thousand, I think we all went the studio for a sketch show for Gail Berman.
Speaker 1: For Fox.
Speaker 4: We did a table read.
Speaker 5: Fox didn't want the sketch show and they said you got to think of something because you got a week. And then to Ben Tom McCarey said, we're gonna make fun of cops. We're gonna call it Reno nine one one. Go home and think about a character. So we all thought about our respective characters. We land on with Beth McCarthy SNL director and in sensic Our studios and we start rehearsing the mime sketch my mat in front of a check cashing place. We show up on set the first day in sam Pedro California.
Speaker 3: Four Exotic Exotic, San Babro Sampedro Man, and they asked us twenty questions, what do you like about being a cop?
Speaker 4: Who do you love on the forest?
Speaker 5: Who do you hate in the forest. What's your favorite pastry? That helps kind of shape our characters? The crews laughing, We do a pilot Fox Passes and then we wait a year and a half. Jim Sharp is a development in development there, and he asked the guys he knew them from the state, what do you have?
Speaker 4: We have the show called.
Speaker 5: Rina nine one one, All right, we love it, let's reshoot it. So we shot it for Comedy Central and they picked it up in two thousand and three, so we I'd never auditioned as Garcia. I just kind of made it up and just started going with it, and then it just kind of grew and became organic, and it fell into the character and we all just, yeah, we all just sort of jelled Cedric.
Speaker 4: And I right away.
Speaker 5: You know, Ben and tomccarey had an unspoken relationship. They've known each other since ny NYU, since they're seventeen, so they're already connecting. The only true improvisers on that cast before Wendy showed up was Sidric with all his training in Minnesota and so and so forth, and then Wendy with her groundlings pedigree came in and we were all just sort of making it up, but they were really really good at their craft and still are, you know, and so yeah, it just kind of is kinda believed.
Speaker 1: I would put Kerry Kenny Silver up with any actress ever on television when it comes to being funny, I truly would. And I know that's people are saying, Oh, come on, you've got to be kidding. You' talking Carol Burne. Now you're talking to baggers. I am literally talking that level of comedy. Yeah, she's funny.
Speaker 5: Just naturally gifted, as well as Niasyne is naturally funny.
Speaker 1: They're all naturally you all are, and the combination of the whole cast together is just I will I'll go into my dangle occasionally, I'll just yeah, I'll sit there and I'm auditioning for something and I don't know why, but dangle comes out.
Speaker 2: So I just love it.
Speaker 6: OK.
Speaker 2: New but we're just goot. My wife and I'll say, we're just we're just goofing, just new boot goofing New Boom.
Speaker 1: So we love but one, but we didn't. Unfortunately I could talk you know, nine More One forever, but I.
Speaker 3: Yes, that needs its own podcasts.
Speaker 2: But we really this.
Speaker 1: We're here talking about your voiceover works because what a lot of people might not know or maybe know, is that you are an incredible voiceover actor who has been working for ever and ever and ever to the point where, yeah, go ahead, I mean any award in nineteen.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that I literally was scrolling down your IMDb and I'm like, right, you know, Will is usually the person to compliment. I'm taking over to compliment because I was literally scrolling for minutes and minutes and minutes four hundred and nineteen with ten upcoming credits. You you've got to be one of the busiest actors and voice actors. I mean one is so wonderful. No wonder why we had to reschedule coming.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 4: I'm working adel Brain.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pretty lucky.
Speaker 5: You know, I get to work with probably the busiest voiceover actor in the world, which is Tom Kenny, because he directs Camp Coral and SpongeBob and The Patrick Show. And I'm very lucky that they I've known those guys for years since Rocco and that they're you know, putting me back in the SpongeBob family.
Speaker 4: Worked with Kate Higgins and a guy named Harvey who.
Speaker 1: Talks like kids. Guys, guys, it's aliens.
Speaker 4: And in addition to having famously played.
Speaker 1: Spongebobby your parts.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, I just did it. I just recorded this morning before a session for Dora. I recorded Rocco doing Roy Batty from Blade Runners.
Speaker 4: So that's coming soon.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna do it because you're gonna have to wait for it. I love that film. I bought the book's Future Noir season three. When the cast gets replay Reno, I had Sean Young sign it on the picture of Rachel because I'm a geek. But yeah, Roco was my first e nineteen ninety one. I think I didn't have an agent. I was a stand up comic. There was a project by Joe Murray, San Jose Mercury cartoonists and producer named Mark mcnamura at San Francisco State Tracy Forresters. My manager said, why don't you put down a make a tape. I don't have a tape. I had a push play recorder click made a voice tape all these voices and characters.
Speaker 4: I showed up at a house near Sutro.
Speaker 5: Towers in San Francisco with Nick Jennings, George Mastri and Joe Murray and I famously did Gene Wilder to stay in there. You're not evil, you are good, I said again, and that made them laugh. And then I tried spunky. Then Nick Jennings said you're spunky, and I said, okay, I'm still here. We don't want Australia, and we want a Bruno Kirby, no hobbloing glace, maybe a woody Allen.
Speaker 4: That was and working. I picked up a vacuum manual.
Speaker 7: I saw these teethy corn of jelly conny things and I said, hello, when you're plugging your unit in, it is best to avoid water.
Speaker 5: And said like, oh, that sounds pretty good, and so we did it. They sent it off, We made a pilot and off.
Speaker 2: It went, you know, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: So that was my introduction into voiceover world. And you know, I grew up I say, my parents are from South America.
Speaker 8: They are.
Speaker 5: Loma and uh later on Buenos Aires and Rosario, and so I grew up hearing that dialect of course.
Speaker 4: And then my best is Kevin.
Speaker 5: His parents were from Glasgow, Scotland, so I saved these week I'm there listening to Uncle Donnie and Uncle and John and Angelas and listening to these voices and hearing my mom go Carlito no Merigas, and watching Monty Python and fighting the circus and just soaking up dialects. Right, And then that was what was going to lead to this career. I said, pose Jettison off, stand.
Speaker 4: Up and there are there I was, and just doing voiceover, and then Cat he Can't Dog playing Winslow and.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, Loube from the Greasers getting to act with you, Christy on even you know Shia la Ba back in the day, right playing Sublime. I remember as a kid he was playing Sublime that day and his guitar on his guitar.
Speaker 3: Naturally that sounds about right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I was thrust into this world very luckily.
Speaker 5: Uh you know, obviously we have the talent to back it up, but yeah, I get to be busy in voiceover, and there are a lot of amazing folks I've I've put it on Instagram where I've sat there with Rob Paulson Jess Harnell and Trest McNeil and saying this is my Make a Wish recording because I'm I'm recording with Legends, and now I'm the gray haired guy with Rob Paulson and Maurice Lamars who I see at the gym, and John Demaggio and Tara Strong and Great Delile and Carrie Walgren.
Speaker 2: All friends of the podcast.
Speaker 5: And here's some need to mention Steve Bloom Yeah, and I get to see them at CON's.
Speaker 4: I get to sit down with Sean Young and talk.
Speaker 5: I get to sit down with Elijah Wood, who I get to to see at Happy Feet and work with on Happy Feet, and with Robin and with Hanka's araa just eg Daily. There's just so many things that I find that I'm I'm lucky. I was a guy that played sports. I was a jock, I ran track, I played football, I baseball, swam so I watched Carol Burnett growing up, and now I know Jody Hamilton, her daughter from the Bunker and also on Stephanie Miller show.
Speaker 4: And here I am.
Speaker 5: You know, I for a really secutest path where I started doing stand up in college and mime and started performing and thought, this is better than working in a racquetball club, so let me keep trying that. Exactly here I am and learning from people, learning from Billy West right off the bat, you know, working on our cat Dog, learning from Charlie Adler that first day when when Tom and I were pretty green in the business. Tom Kenny and I we were comics and we first session of Roco and Charlie Eddler is sitting at a chair.
Speaker 1: They lockout word heard on your shut up bad?
Speaker 4: Well we got right, Roco lay bah back loud and we're Tom and are like, oh my god, who is this mad evil genius? We can't keep up with that?
Speaker 5: And really, for the first year, I was like, it really was instrumental in developing Roco's character because my own self was young, away from home and going.
Speaker 7: I hope you liked my recordings.
Speaker 3: Do you like me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And it really fed into who Roco was, you know. So it works perfially.
Speaker 1: But well, that's actually a great segue into our contest because what we're doing is we're trying to give the next voiceover actor their big break. So we started the super awesome contests to become the next big voice actor. Okay, and we ended up getting over forty five hundred entries from across the country. We are now down to the final Uh. Well today will help to get to our final four. And we are doing a game that is called Extra Extra read all about it. And our first series of games was all about animated voices, and our second series of games to get to the final four is all about Adreads. And so the winner gets flown out to Los Angeles. They get one thousand dollars, They get to meet us, we get to hang out, they get a training session with Mary McGlynn and our friends over there, Sam Regal, our friends over there at critical Role. But they also get to sign with CESD for a year. So they win a contract to become a voiceover actor. And the women have been killing it. There are no men left in the contest.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: They have just been crushing it.
Speaker 1: And we'd like to get our first contestant of the day up And if you don't mind, what we'd like to do is we've sent them to Adreads that they're going to read cold. They'll read it once and then if you have any notes, we give them some notes. They read it again. We move on to the next contestant, they do it, and then the third round they have not seen the copy and they have to read it cold, okay, and then we will decide who moves on to the final four.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah, it's a wonderful and awful thing to do, but it is a ton of fun and we're going to make somebody's dream come true. So I think our first guest today is Mia from Florida, and if we could bring a Mia back, there's Mia.
Speaker 2: Hi, Miya, how are you? Yeah, I'm good, I'm welcome back.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, we would first like to congratulate you on making it to the round and did you have your copy?
Speaker 2: Did that we sent out perfect?
Speaker 1: And of course we would like to introduce you to our guest judge today, Carlos L's Rocky.
Speaker 4: Yes, finally.
Speaker 1: We're so excited to have him and he is going to be helping us today with everything we have to do. So Mia, welcome back and we're very excited and we will be right back with you after we meet your fellow contestant. We'll come back and we will start with line number one. Okay, we'll be back with you in a second.
Speaker 6: Miya.
Speaker 2: Thank you all.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So now we are bringing contestant number two, Tatiana from California is back.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, Taziana, welcome back. Thank you for having me, thank you for being here. Congratulations on making it this far. And we were going to be you know, seeing who is going to be moving on to the final four. You're the last piece this this week is the last piece.
Speaker 2: Of the final four.
Speaker 1: We would like to introduce Carlos Al's Rocky, who is our guest judge. Hello, and he is going to be, you know, given some notes and helping us determine who is going to move on to the next round. So did you get your copy? Yes, and you all said yes, I am all right. I believe your your fellow contestant was here first. And you know, we go by the order which they came in, so we will be right back with you and we're going to start round number one of extra extreet read all about it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, here we go, everybody, and once again to finally round out the final four.
Speaker 2: Let's bring me a back Hey me, are you there? I am all right. Here we go, so we won't be in your head at all. The first time.
Speaker 1: We won't give you any notes, we won't push you in any way, shape or form. Why don't you just give us one read of line number one at your pleasure and we'll go from there.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I have one really bad habit. I'm always late.
Speaker 8: I've tried everything, but I still just can't seem to make it to anything on time. Then I found on time pieces. With on time pieces, I simply enter my schedule into the app and strap the watch onto my wrist. On time pieces automatically move my schedule back either fifteen, thirty or sixty minutes, guaranteeing that I'll always be on time, never be late for anything ever again. With on time pieces, because if you're always the last in the room, you're always the last to know.
Speaker 5: Wow, that was great, Carlos any notes, I think the first energy of the first line is less apologetic, like instead of like, oh you know me, oh gosh, I'm always the one that's late, but I'm trying so kind of happy about it, instead.
Speaker 4: Of oh gosh, I'm always late and I'm really trying to fix it, you know. I was like, I've got this thing that I'm trying to fix.
Speaker 10: You know what, I am the late one.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just always late.
Speaker 5: And you know what, but I did find something that's gonna help me and I won't be late again, so let don't feel so guilty about it. I feel like, you know what, I got this silly little thing that I'm just trying to get rid of because those people are always like that. You're like, you know, you're always late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am always late. That's silly traffic.
Speaker 2: That's great. Note christying me neither. I love what Carlo said. I don't even want to think that was perfect.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's hear another another go and see what you do with it, so at your pleasure, gotcha?
Speaker 10: Okay, So I have one really bad habit. I'm always late.
Speaker 11: I've tried everything, but I still just can't seem to make it to anything on time.
Speaker 10: Then I found on time pieces.
Speaker 8: With on time pieces, I simply enter my schedule into the app and wrap the watch onto my wrist. On time pieces automatically moves my schedule back either fifteen thirty or sixty minutes, guaranteeing that I'll always be on time, never be late for anything ever again. With on time pieces, Because if you're always the last in the room.
Speaker 10: You're always the last to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 2: We will be right back with you. Thank you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 7: Back.
Speaker 2: There's a good took the note.
Speaker 4: Took the note.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I might have said that if I gave a second read, it was like punch this, punch that a little bit.
Speaker 1: And slow it down a little bit, maybe, but no, I thought we like to see if they can take the direction that they're given.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is great, adjusted and went more positive about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what we've said, what we've always said, Carlos, just so you know, is we've always said we're looking for somebody that the day they win, could step into the booth. Yes, so that's that's the plan. And let's see if Tatiana is that person. So we'll bring Tatiana from California back in. Hey, Tatiana, how are you good?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Thanks.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we are not going to be in your head at all. We're just going to see what you do with line number one at your pleasure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: So I have one really bad habit. I'm always late. I've tried everything, but I still just can't seem to make it to anything on time. Then I found on time pieces. With on time pieces, I simply enter my schedule into the app and strap the watch onto my wrist. On time pieces automatically moves my schedule back either fifteen thirty or sixty minutes, guaranteeing that I'll always be on time, never be late for anything ever again with on time pieces, because if you're always the last in the room, you're always the last.
Speaker 5: To know, Okay, Carlos, and you know if you're it, Chris, And again I think I like, don't be so again on the energy on the top. Don't be so apologetic about it just goes almost that energy where you're like, can I confess.
Speaker 4: Something you guys?
Speaker 5: I eat a lot of chocolate when I'm not supposed to eat chocolate. That kind of energy, because that's not so bad, you know what I mean? Can I just I eat a lot of chocolate in it? But I found something that is going to help me. You won't believe it. I can either do this, this, this, and it helps. It's it's really cool. So tell it to me like you're you're telling a friend who's always late with you. So now you're not so embarrassed because you know that friend's always.
Speaker 4: Like you know me, you and I were always late. But guess what I found something it's gonna help us.
Speaker 3: So that kind of energy, Okay, Christy, Yeah, I think that the energy is right with Carlos saying, you know, it's it's confiding in a friend. But I also think that you can give it a little bit more personality. I'm losing the unice that brought you this far in the competition, and we want to see a little bit more of that personality brought to it. So don't worry. I feel like there was definitely I don't know will if you feel or even Carlos if you guys feel like the piecing.
Speaker 1: Of that was good.
Speaker 3: It's also it was good because it's it's it's ad read so it needs to move. But also I think like I don't want it to be nervous. I don't want her personality to feel like it's competing with the flow of it. What do you think, guys, It's weird.
Speaker 5: This might seem like an opposite oxymoronic direction, but it's almost like you're telling a friend as a train is coming, so you have to hurry, but you want to make sure it's a it's all explained. Okay, my train is coming and I'm always late like you are.
Speaker 4: But guess what. Okay, So I found this thing that does this and it's this, and it's that and it's this and it's really great. Okay, I love you. I gotta go. The train's coming.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I agree with Betty.
Speaker 5: You're on the train, it's coming. You do want to hurry a little bit, but make sure that it's clear before I get on the train. It's almost like because I need to meet you at the next stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a weird old saying slow is smooth, and smooth as fast. So what I would say is, maybe smooth it out a little bit, and if you could bracket the name of the product, which is something that they're gonna you know, you'd hear in a booth be like, hey, that was great. Can you just hit on time pieces a little harder? But other than that, I think you know where you're going now, so let's let's hear a take to and see where you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So tell it to you're on.
Speaker 4: Tell it to a friend.
Speaker 1: It's a great Now you're not too embarrassed.
Speaker 4: About it like, yeah, I'm late.
Speaker 1: But go for it, okay, at your pleasure.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I have one really bad helbit. I'm always late. I've tried everything, but I still just can't see what to make it to anything on time. Then I found on time pieces. With on time pieces, I simply enter my schedule into the app and strap the watch onto my wrist. On time pieces automatically move my schedule back either fifteen, thirty or sixty minutes, guaranteeing that'll always be on time. Never be late for anything ever again with on time pieces, because if you're always the last in the room, you're always the last.
Speaker 4: No, that's great. It was a good adjustment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be right back with you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is it's tough, right, it's she adjusted very well. I thought Mia had actually the smoother read for first round a little bit, but I thought Tatiana took the direction really well. I don't think anybody outwardly won that first round.
Speaker 5: So for me, what I hear for if I'm a director, Yeah, I'm picking because this happens to me, right, m hmm, We're all good. I think Tatiana's voice is so wonderful and for another product. Yeah, Mia sounds like she's that person that's late all the time, right, she's got it. There's a quirkiness in her. Tatiana is smooth and professional. Mia is the real person who's always late.
Speaker 6: To me.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's great, and that's again casting, that's what.
Speaker 4: You look for.
Speaker 3: We went another way, right, it's they went that way versus this way.
Speaker 2: All right, So maybe it'll be line too.
Speaker 1: That'll that'll you know, because you're right, it's that was one of the problems we were having in round one is sometimes because we would we would, We did a game where you had to randomly buy the numbers just pick your character, and so sometimes you didn't pick the perfect character for yourself. So let's see if line two will will distinguish. So let's let's this time start with Tatiana. So we're keeping everything fair. We'll bring Tatiana right back.
Speaker 2: In okay, and we'll go from there. Hey, Tatiana, how are you good? How are you all right?
Speaker 1: So we're gonna move on to line too, and again just the first round, just read it cold and see what you got.
Speaker 2: So line too at your pleasure.
Speaker 9: Chicken Ham Cheddar repeat, chicken Hey, I'm Cheddar. Repeat, chicken Hey, I'm cheddar repeat the new triple spank sandwich from Sandy Sandwich and Porium, chicken Ham Cheddar repeat. It's simply mesmerizing.
Speaker 4: That's a tough copy, right, blame will he wrote it?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 2: So would you? What would the direction you would?
Speaker 5: You would give Carlos So hide what it is as long as possible, So like chicken ham Chedda repeat, chicken ham Chatta repeat, chicken Ham Chedada repeat, and like we're going, what the heck, what the heck are you talking about? The new chicken toel it trimp so and tow so make that first part. You're so passionate and again it you're with a friend and you've just brought this thing out onto the counter and you're going gooey cheese, maple syrup and butter gooey cheese maple syrup.
Speaker 4: And they're like, what is it?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? I'm talking about the new guey cheese maple butter syrup now only now you can get it now, So show that passion. You've just brought it out, you're looking at it, describing it to a friend who has no idea what you're talking about. So then you have to make that turn and go, oh, I see the look in your face. This is the new thing that you can get here, that kind of energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I agree. I think that when we can show movement. So if you're starting small and you're growing, like what Chris was saying, it really does. It's very dramatic. So you want to show the movement.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to give you any notes.
Speaker 1: Frankly, it's so funny because I write all the copy and that's not at all how I wrote it or how I heard it in my head. And I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that it was not I was not expecting sing songy.
Speaker 1: I was not expecting almost like a melodic read to it, and it, you know, as the person who wrote the copy, it excited me.
Speaker 2: It surprised me. So that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: So I just want to see what you'll do with with Carlos notes now, to see how you would read it again, because that I wasn't expecting that at all. Okay, So let's see what you do. Go ahead, line number two again, at your pleasure.
Speaker 9: Chicken ham chatter repeat chicken ham chatter repeat, chicken Ham chatter repeat the new Triple Spank sandwich from Sandy Sandwich Emporium. Chicken ham cheddar repeat. It's simply mesmerizing.
Speaker 1: Great energy.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. We'll be right back, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I wrote it. When I wrote it in my head, I wrote it as.
Speaker 1: Chicken ham cheddar repeat, chicken ham chatman, it wrote it. Yeah, it's simply because then it just ends with it's simply mesmerizing, like it's like that, don't bother me, I'm eating it is how I wrote it in my head.
Speaker 2: So to hear it completely different was great. I just wasn't expecting it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you could be happily mesmerized, right, Yeah, yeah, I could be often in terms of the way the client wrote it. But yeah, I like when somebody's invested in it. It's not to say that you couldn't be an invested it in the more subtle way. Oh I loved what she did, but yeah, I just just sort of rushed over the turn to introduce me to what it is. Yes, but good adjustment.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, yes, very good adjustment I agree to.
Speaker 2: And let's see, let's tough.
Speaker 1: I know. Let's bring Mia back and see what Mia does with line number two. This is going to be a tough week. They're all getting tougher because everyone's getting better. But that's just what we got to deal with. Hima, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 1: I love your entrance every time, just popping in the frame right here, So I'm like, I love it, I love it. Let's we again. We won't get in your head. We just want to see what you're going to do with line number two. So line number two at your pleasure.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Chicken Ham Cheddar repeats chicken Ham Cheddar repeats chicken Ham Cheddar.
Speaker 10: Repeats the new Chiples Bank sandwich from Sandy Sandwich Emporium.
Speaker 11: Chicken Ham Cheddar repeats it's simply mesmerizing.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Carlos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a very good, smooth, professional read. But in your first read you had a lot of your own personality. Again, so my direction is you've just pulled something out of the oven that you made, and you've added three of your favorite ingredients marshmallows, jelly and pudding.
Speaker 4: Oh, marshmallows, jello and pudding, marsh mellow, jellos and putting marsh Mellow Jettos and putting the new Marsh Mellow Jello Pooh from the emporium and you can get it here. It is so mesmerizing. I love it.
Speaker 5: You're holding it and going, I made the it's your Frankenstein's Monster. You just made your I gave it life. You can get this there.
Speaker 4: It's so mesmerizing. Look at it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christine to.
Speaker 3: That, I mean, if that's if that is loud and clear, I one hundred percent back that. That intensity, that belief, that that that Carlos has is it's what takes your professional read and makes it it bookable, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, I agree this. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: You can't. I love that direction.
Speaker 1: It's the best direction I think i've heard. So go, please just do everything Carlos just said. So yeah, put yourself. But see that bubbly personality right there, the laughing, the big smile. Put some of that in there and see what happens. You just made this.
Speaker 4: Just this is amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right ready, so line number two after your pleasure.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Chicken Ham Cheddar repeat, chicken Ham Cheddar repeat, chicken Ham Cheddar repeat.
Speaker 11: The new triple spank sandwich from Sandy Sandwich Emporium.
Speaker 10: Chicken ham and Cheddar repeats. It's simply mesmerizing.
Speaker 2: That we will be right back with you for the cold read. Oh that'll be fun. Here we go, okay, yeah, oh man, this is gonna be tough. She did great direction. She took it too, Yes she did. You don't disagree.
Speaker 5: It's she can really infuse her own personality into it. Yeah, it's what I learned on every read too. There's some reason why I went that audition was no good. I didn't I didn't put myself into it. It happens to us all. Yeah, so you'll you'll hear a director say something.
Speaker 4: I go, I hear you. I know what you're talking about. I simply can't repeat it.
Speaker 9: Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah that's Carlos. Could you be a favor, Yeah, say left or right? Left? Okay? Left? All right? So left is Tatiana is going to go first for round number three. So if we can bring Tatiana back, and we like to we like to make it random.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tatiana, welcome back. Okay, and if you see in your you should see your new cold copy. That is there in your.
Speaker 2: Discussion there, what is it your chat?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh my goodness, all right you ready? Yes, I am okay, so line number three at your pleasure.
Speaker 9: Hi, Harry, Hi, I'm here. As you can probably tell, I'm a hot dog. That's why I was a little surprised when I was asked to be the new spokesperson for North South Bank, because again I'm a hot dog. But as a professional mascot, we take the jobs when we can get them. So come down and do your banking with the friendliest staff in the business.
Speaker 1: We're easy to find.
Speaker 9: It'll be the only bank with a hot dog as a mascot, North South Bank. Just tell them the hot Dog sent ya.
Speaker 4: That's great. I love the character choice so bold.
Speaker 2: So Carlos, what notes would you give?
Speaker 5: My direction is like Harry is just walking down the street and some guy says, we need you to make a commercial. It's like, oh, okay, Hi, I'm Harry to hot dog and uh yeah, I know I'm in a bank, but uh I'm the bank spokesperson, you know.
Speaker 4: I So come on down. We're located. I think I kind of like this promotion stuff.
Speaker 1: So just a guy that you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: A little bit of that energy. We're like, oh yeah, I could do this. This is fun.
Speaker 5: I don't usually do this because I'm a hot dog, but all right, I'll still advertise for the bank.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 4: Be that guy that like I like that, Harry.
Speaker 5: I really like this guy, so you could take your time a little bit, all right, Christy. They just pulled me off the street and I am. My name's Harry and I'm a hot dog. So I guess I'm gonna go with high. I'm I'm Harry to hot dog.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I can't just do that.
Speaker 9: Sounds good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree. I love that you're in your The thing that I really liked the best is your initial instinct was automatically making a character. You know.
Speaker 2: That was That's great.
Speaker 1: Some people would have just come in and just ran, but you did it a character.
Speaker 2: I love that for you.
Speaker 1: I would, yeah, exactly what Carl said, lean into it, make it a little a little crazier and uh yeah, you're surprised you're hot.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 4: You know, I was taking a job, so walking down the street and they pulled me in for an head line number three.
Speaker 2: Give it a shot.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm here as you can probably tell I'm a hot dog. That's why I was a little surprised when I was asked to be the new spokesperson for North South Bank, because again I'm a hot dog. But as a professional mascot, we take all the jobs so we can get them. So come down, do your bank and what the friendliest staff and the business. We're easy to find. You'll be the only bank with a hot dog as a mascot, North South Bank. Just tell them the hot Dog sent you.
Speaker 2: Char We'll be right back with you.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, lovely.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit sped through so we get this flavor as much.
Speaker 1: It was too fast and there was not There wasn't a whole lot of peaks and valleys in the in the uh performance.
Speaker 4: But you must understand the pressure.
Speaker 5: One of my very first edition was auditioning for Ren and Ren and Stimpy when Chris Felussi was no longer going to do the voice. And then it's a cartoon that I had watched on the other side of glass with spump Co and I'm so intimidating, like Steampy, you eat it.
Speaker 1: I was probably really green and bad. Sure, and so I think I.
Speaker 4: Take that into account.
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 5: We definitely didn't take the note. Her voice is lovely and I think is better suited for that. You know, there's a time in May when we all need a time away that I could see her doing all day long.
Speaker 4: But that's what I thought. I just thought it didn't allow for us to see the character.
Speaker 1: I agree. It's also this is the other thing we say over and over and over again. Any one of the people that have made it this far could be signed. They really could.
Speaker 4: And I was at that age.
Speaker 1: That's how we look at it, and we have people that are eighteen that it's like, man, you're damn good. So well, let's bring me in and see what Mia does with it.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we will go from there.
Speaker 2: I love seeing her pop in the frame. It's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: I mean, ay, how are you mer?
Speaker 5: We go?
Speaker 6: I fixed it?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 2: So there we are going to do a cold read and do you have do you have the line?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 1: I got it all right?
Speaker 3: Awesome?
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, take your time at your pleasure.
Speaker 8: Hi. I'm Harry, as you can probably tell, I'm a hot dog. That's why I was a little surprised when I was asked to be the new spokesperson for North South Bank cause again, I'm a hot dog. But as a professional mascot, we take the jobs when we can get them. So come down and do your banking with the friendliest staff in the business. We're easy to find. It'll be the only bank.
Speaker 11: What the hot dog is a mascot North South Bank?
Speaker 10: Just tell them the hot dog, Santya.
Speaker 1: Carlos Nice.
Speaker 5: I think if you can think of a character for Harry and this is what I think. I think that again, you're a rookie off the street and this ad campaign said, oh my gosh, we need somebody to do our campaign.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a hot dog. I'll tell you what. Why don't you do the commercial? And you know nobody's gonna notice, don't tell him you're a hot dog. And in your mind, you know what, you go.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm gonna make a last minute decision. I'm gonna be honest because listen, I can't hide this. So you go, Hi, I'm a Harry the hot Dog. You can probably tell I'm a hot dog. That's why I'm a little surprised when I was asked to be the spokesperson like why did they pick me for North South Bank? Because again, I'm a hot dog. But as a professional mascot, we take the jobs we can when we get them.
Speaker 1: So come on down.
Speaker 5: Do you make it with the friend of yourself in the business, We're easy to find. It'll be the only bank with a hot dog is a mascot North South Bank. Just tell him, the hot dog says he sent you. So now they've told you, don't don't don't tell them, don't hide the fact that you're a hot dog.
Speaker 4: You know what, you know what, I'm a hot.
Speaker 1: Dog, So let's go with it.
Speaker 11: You know where I am the hot dog?
Speaker 13: It's me.
Speaker 4: Character that might be Harry the hot dog. Yeah, just kind of go.
Speaker 3: Away short for Harriet. I guess, yes, Yeah, I'm trying to think. I think she's super this one. The energy was more or less not the friendliest. That's what I thought was so funny when she had the irony of life.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 3: I guess. If you're making the choice to do that, I would be even bolder with it, because, like as Carlos says, you're doing a character. So I think bold choices are you know, could take the day.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see if you can. I like what Carlo said and what Christy said. See if you can maybe find it, make it a little charactery, you know. Yeah, yeah, and that's whoever you want Harry to be. But let's see what you what you come up with. Again. I thought the pacing was good and I thought you were bracketing the name of the the product. Well, but now let's see if we can infuse a little more again. I like I wasn't acting kind of the mellow read, which I like. I like when I'm shocked when I don't know it's gonna come. So yeah, maybe if you if that's a character you want, lean into that or take another swing entirely, it's totally up to you.
Speaker 2: Let's see what you do with it.
Speaker 10: Awesome, thanks so much.
Speaker 11: I love all these like different interpretations.
Speaker 2: It's fun, isn't it. And if you're having fun, that's all that meant. We want to hear that you're having fun. So it's good. So anytime at your pleasure.
Speaker 10: Already. Hi, I'm Harry.
Speaker 8: As you can probably tell, I'm a hot dog. That's why I was a little surprised when I was asked to be the new spokesperson for North South Bank because again I'm a hot Dog, but as a professional mascot, we take the jobs wanted to get them. So come down and do your banking with the friendliest to have in the business.
Speaker 10: We're easy to find.
Speaker 8: It'll be the only bank with a hot Dog as a mascot, nor South Bank. Just sell them the hot Dog sent ya.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much and we will be right back with you.
Speaker 4: Well, that's good.
Speaker 5: It is tough, right because I like the boldness of Tutty and I'm really choosing a character because that spot does.
Speaker 4: It demands a character.
Speaker 2: It does, it absolutely does, and that was her natural instinct.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know my thoughts?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 4: Yes, yea, So we have we have.
Speaker 3: I guess it's form versus function. I don't know. It's like we have one person and like you said, it's one way or another way. It's like there's no bad voices. It's like one has a very natural almost like a natural raw talent, and then one has mia has the more polished professional read. We also have someone very similar from last week. Anyway, I just think like there's a very like polished female voice that comes from having as many female contestants as we have, and you need to show a lot of range just because you're female, right, Like I fell into that trap a lot when I was recording, and I would try to find ways to get myself out of it. And that's a that's a that's a real trap. I think as a femal voice actor that you you do find yourself in how do I make myself unique? How do I utilize my my vocal range.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that neither of them went little boy with it, which would have been interesting, you know, like you tear a strong you hear her coming in, and it would be like you know, you know, yeah, you'd get something and and again that's not that's just that's your natural instinct. I agree with Carlos, though I liked how Tatiana instantly realized, oh, this is a character, like you got to put a character onto this, and then even when we said to me, hey make it more character, she she did, but it was still more of just of her natural read.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was a lighter read, a more positive read, but not necessarily a character change.
Speaker 11: I thought.
Speaker 3: And we've done character work with these with these contestants, so I'm surprised that we wouldn't have seen more range. But I mean, honestly, she is so talented and obviously so polished, and her is magical to see her working. She has vision impaired, as she mentioned, and so it's really beautiful to see her working at such a high level. And and and I really I've loved having her as a candidate. So I don't know how you guys feel or if this is a tie and we want to try to give them one more option and one more trying.
Speaker 2: We do have a tiebreaker challenge, But what do you think, Carlos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do a tie breaker really quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to do a tie breaker really quickly? They both read it one time and then we move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to give them.
Speaker 1: They got to go big.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I wonder if telling was it Mia that to go big? Like, I wonder what we how we help her give her her best shot.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see it's it's let's let's see what they got.
Speaker 4: Let's bring Uh are they going to read the same copy again?
Speaker 1: No, it's actually it's actually it's different. Should we have them read the same one again? Would you would would you do that, Carlos, or would you have one?
Speaker 2: Let's do a new one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's uh, let's bring the let's bring Tatiana back.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tatiana, how are you?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Okay.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing this week. It's really close. So we are going to a tie breaker challenge this week, which we've only done one other time before. So if you look at your chat, there should be another ad read there you see it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: And we're going to tell the same thing to both contestants. We want to hear a lot of energy and see what you.
Speaker 5: Do with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do this. Okay, go ahead at your pleasure.
Speaker 9: You want all the best hits from the eighties and one set you need Eighties Forever. We're talking Motley Crue, skid Row, Death, Leopard, Guns n' Roses, White Snake, Poison Ringer, bon Jovi, Dan Halen, Metallica, The Bengals, Tears with the Fears and more. Act now and get a second album Eighties Forever as a bonus. The eighties are back and we got him.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 4: Are we doing direction?
Speaker 5: Wait? You know what?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So real direction is very smooth. You have that your natural quality of voice is great. But again, be invested like you won all the best hits from the eighties and one set you need Eighties Forever. We're talking Motley Cruze, Skid Wrote, def lepperd, Guns N' Roses, White Snake, Poison Winger, Bond, Jovie Van Halen, Metallica, the Bengals, Tears for Fears and more. Act now and get a second album Eighties Forever as a as a bonus, a botch that the eighties are back and we got them. So every band I saw this band and this band, so really give me highlight that. Dude, you again, you're talking to a friend. You can't wait to show them your Eighties Forever collection. Dude, do you want to see my record collection of the eighties? Dude?
Speaker 4: I got this band, I got this band and this band.
Speaker 6: Dude, I got this.
Speaker 4: Band and I got another album called Eighties Forever.
Speaker 3: Er.
Speaker 1: We got the Eighties back and it's right here. Tell me, don't try to sound like your one of those commercial on because you're not. You're a younger woman and you're trying to sell to people who might not know that the eighties. Your friends might not know the eighties, so do it as yourself. Does that make sense with all that energy? But how much you love the eighties? You're you're in your friend group where they're like, how do you love the eighties? And you're like, I love the eighties? Like that's what I want to hear.
Speaker 4: Okay, Christy, you have to be Yellie, it's a dude.
Speaker 1: You got to check this out.
Speaker 4: Tell me to check this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Okay, go, yeah, let's see what it's a deep breath.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you want all of the best hits from the eighties and one set. You need Eighties Forever. We're talking Motley Crue, Skate Row, Deaf Leopard, Guns N' Roses, White Snake, Poison Winger, bon Jovi, Van Halen, Metallica, the Bengals, Tears for Fears, and more. Act now and get a second album Eighties Forever as a bonus. The eighties are back and we got them.
Speaker 1: Adjustment, nice suggest We'll be right back with you. Nice sounded great good adjustment Little fast yep, little fast yep.
Speaker 4: But Eighties Forever are I like the way she asked that question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forever.
Speaker 5: I still wanted to see more, but it was a nice like a fifty six sixty percent improvement from the first.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. So let's bring back me and see what Mia does. Okay, Hey me, Hi, Okay, Dylan. Good.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's been a very tough week for us, so we have gone for only the second time ever to a tiebreaker challenge. Oh wow, So you should look on your chat and you see we're gonna have one more read for you. Ah, I got it all right?
Speaker 12: You ready?
Speaker 10: You bet?
Speaker 8: Anytime you want all the best hits from the eighties and one cent you need Eighties Forever.
Speaker 11: We're talking Motley Crue, skid Row, Jeff Leppard, Guns N' Roses, White Snake, Poison Wing, bon Jovi, Van.
Speaker 8: Halen, Metallica, the Bangaloos, Tears for Fears and more. Act now and get a second album Eighties Forever air as a bonus.
Speaker 13: The eighties are back.
Speaker 10: And we got them.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. I like the choice to go drag race Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 5: But I think we were talking together when we read this copy and we thought, Mia, make believe that this is your own personal.
Speaker 4: Collection that you want to show a friend, and you're really because what are you into? What are you into?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Like everything? Honestly, Like my daughter likes.
Speaker 5: Anime if she would if she were with a friend, She goes, you want to know everything about my hero academia. Well, I'll tell you everything because I got the whole collection right here. We got this character, this character, this character, this episode, and guess what the bonus my hero academia memmia.
Speaker 4: So you're telling your best friend, it's like, dude, do you want all the best hits from the eighties? Have you ever wanted?
Speaker 5: I do too? And this one is so cool, and check out all the bands they have, Dude, skid Row, daf Leppard, Guns n' Roses, every band is like, dude, that's not all.
Speaker 4: That's not all.
Speaker 11: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So you're sharing your most prized eighties collection with your friend and you're telling him about it. Make it personal to your best friend, like, dude, you got to see what I got?
Speaker 11: Alrighty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't know, Christy, do you want to add anything?
Speaker 3: I don't want to confuse. I had sort of had this idea of like, if she was going to stay that like really big announcery, bold voice, that maybe she could play with more of like a flirty, kind of almost sassy kind of vibe to it, like almost like she's like a rock stars girlfriend. But I kind of wanted to see that in her voice. But again it's like a very different direction. So I think we all want to try to say the same thing to you so that you give your best next take. Yeah, so will what do you think maybe can help?
Speaker 1: I think I agree with what everybody's saying, and I think maybe more yourself than trying to, uh you know, kind of put the more charactery voice on it. I think more you trying to sell these eighties albums to your friends, which again, most of your friends probably don't listen to eighties music, so that makes it even harder that you're you're trying to sell the eighties to your friends.
Speaker 5: It is an interesting choice because while that style is out, if you're a client, you might want to say I want it in that retro style, which.
Speaker 1: Was that, yeah, that's some great eighties music. Maybe we got this bad and listen that's true too.
Speaker 2: You can do with your instinct, go with you. I go with go for it fully, yes, good good note.
Speaker 10: Ye, So I want to go with like what fits best for like, how I can perfect.
Speaker 1: That's what you should do. That's what you should do. Put your best foot forward. Best you can do, all right, So at your pleasure, you.
Speaker 10: Want all of the best hits from the eighties in one set. You need Eighties Forever.
Speaker 11: We're talking Motley Crue, skid Row, def Leopard, Guns.
Speaker 8: And Roses, White Snake, Boyson, Winger, Ponchoviy, Van Halen, Metallica.
Speaker 1: The Bangies, Tears and the Fears, and more.
Speaker 8: Act now and get a second one Eighties Forever as a bonus.
Speaker 10: The eighties are back and we got them.
Speaker 2: Great adjustment. Thank you very much. We'll be right back with you.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know a man, I don't know this time.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's your word, it's it's two different things that we'd be moving forward.
Speaker 4: This is my gut.
Speaker 5: I think that Mia is able to take that direction, and it's a less refined read. The Bangies, those are those are fixable, sure, but she can with the exception of the hot Dog, which is interesting. But for these reads, she can inject that passion more agree Tatiana. Even though she made the choice to do a hot dog, I didn't feel was a full investment into Harry the hot Dog.
Speaker 4: It was the dialect, but it wasn't that guy like, oh hey, I'm married on that dog.
Speaker 5: So that I think, in the end, if I'm having to read a couple of different spots, I think that Mia, because of her ability to inject her own person into it, feels like my choice.
Speaker 2: If that makes sense, I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: I always think of that old adage that if there are two people running to first base, one of them is perfect form and one of them is bad form, but they tie. You take the one with bad form because teach them the right form and they're going to beat the other person. Oh yeah, that's kind of how I look at it with I think Mia is green, obviously and raw, but I think she's got the natural precociousness. She's got a great tamber to her voice, she's got the energy, and I think you teach her up the rest and she could be great.
Speaker 2: Frankly, so I don't disagree. Christy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a really really hard choice. I think because we are so invested in all of our can they're not candid. It's a contestants. Yeah, guys, I think I go with your guts because I think that it's a tough week. Point tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a tough week.
Speaker 1: All right, let's bring Tatian in. Unfortunately, break the awful news. I hate this. Hey, Tatiana, how are you good?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: So this has just been a really difficult week. You've both been You're really good. This is why it's only the second time we went to the tiebreaker challenge. Unfortunately, this is going to be as far as you're going in the contest. But congratulations on making it this far, and you're gonna have a career. I mean, it's there's no question we've been saying from the beginning. The people that are left in the contest, all of you could be and probably will be signed. Absolutely, So it's just it was it was just a matter of styles this week. It was very is by far the most difficult we've I think we've ever had, frankly, because everybody's so good, and everybody really is great at what they're doing. And Carlos, you said something interesting about kind of.
Speaker 2: Her where you see her chemistry.
Speaker 5: Your own voice is what I could see doing PSAs Airbnb commercials, places that are great vacation spots, I want to listen to you because you're calm, and you're warm, and you're smooth, and I felt that these spots were a little bit out of that. I will say that commercials are not my forte or forte. I do strictly animation, and I realize how difficult it is to read copy. But you're sliks better than I could have dreamed to be at that age. I'm so unrefined I didn't So you're wonderful. You've you've got it, You've got loads of talent, and I see good things happening.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I feel the same way.
Speaker 1: Christy and Tatana.
Speaker 3: We know that there's folks that are listening to this podcast that would really love to connect with you. And you know you could get booked off of just being a contestant on here, So I guess if you wanted to, it's your choice. For legal reasons, she could put hashtag I hear voices in a post and say, you know, this is who I am, And if somebody wanted to find you, I'm sure that they could look under that podcast or the hashtag.
Speaker 5: And Tatiana may ask, because I am not bilingual, I'm learning Spanish every day.
Speaker 4: Are you bilingual?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 9: I know a little bit of Spanish.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's obviously a good trade.
Speaker 5: There's a really great actor, Christian Lance, who's been on Victor and Valentino and he does awards nominations. He's fully bilingual, and that helps people that have that Latin background access that other market.
Speaker 4: But yeah, your voice is wonderful. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: You're going far, you really are, and you made it from literally we had, like I said, like forty five hundred to number five. So that's yeah, pretty darn good. So congratulations. We're sorry that this is a far as you're going only in this contestity nearly as far as you're going in your career, and we're sure to see in the booth soon.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much for joining so much, so much.
Speaker 4: A thank you, bye, great voice.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's hey, Hi, we're good.
Speaker 1: So it's just been a really tough week and we didn't know which way we were going to go, and I'm so sorry to have to tell you that you're stuck with us for another week because.
Speaker 2: You made the final far. Yes, I know, it's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yay. Congratulations Carlos actually can't stay here. He's got he's got to run. He's been so generous with his time.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I love your personality.
Speaker 5: I love the way you're able to take a direction and inject your personality into what you're reading. That's the biggest thing, because uh, we're all really good at this point, and whatever we can do to bring ourselves into any copy, it's it's our it's our fingerprint, right, It's what makes us different, and you've got that in spades.
Speaker 4: And congratulations, thank you so.
Speaker 8: Much, and also thank you guys so much for your really good direction, Like it was so clear what you guys were saying, and I really digret well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Get prepared because it's keep getting harder. The next couple games are very very difficult. So we look forward to seeing you. Congratulations on making it to the final four and we will see you next round. Thank you, bye bye, Thank you bad.
Speaker 4: All right, Carlo, Will and Christy so good to see you again.
Speaker 3: Thank you awesome.
Speaker 5: You can go to my Instagram at Carlos Ella's Rocky. You can go to my TikTok look for the Roy Batty. Rocko has Roy Batty and I think with kry Waldman and and many others.
Speaker 4: I'll be at.
Speaker 5: Sci Fi Valley conn in Altoona, Pennsylvania, June nine through eleven at one of the cons. So come on out and say hi.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, come check it out and we'll make sure that all that information is up to Thank you so much for taking the time.
Speaker 2: We are so honored to have you here.
Speaker 1: You've been phenomenal and hopefully we'll get to see you at a con in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'd love to come back when we can just hang be great and they'll do that as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Thank you so much, Carlos, have a great day.
Speaker 4: Congrats all the contestants.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Oh what a week.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of really great listeners. I've seen them, you know, on my socials talk to me about, you know, listening to this podcast. I want to shout out love to you guys for being our forever listeners. And wow, I can't believe we're almost you know, final tickets.
Speaker 1: Final I know well, as I said to uh Mia, and this is absolutely true, the games are going to start getting much harder. We're down to the final four. We're going to have some incredible judges coming up and helping them. I don't want to give anything away, but we start a new game next episode. Uh, not even going to give you the name of the game yet. So it's oh my god, it's going to be exciting. So yeah, we're getting there and we are down. So once to say it now once again, Mia from Florida is going to be joining Hannah from Alabama, Danielle from Tennessee, and Haley from Texas in the final four of the Super Awesome Contest to become the next voice actor. We're here, Christy, We're at the final four. There's what final four?
Speaker 3: So I'm in shock.
Speaker 1: Three episodes left. It's nuts, It's nuts.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: And as I say, the games are gonna get harder until the last game, which you're gonna be like, you've got to be getting me.
Speaker 6: Gosh.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I wonder if our contestants are actively listening to these episodes.
Speaker 1: I kind of hope.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they are. I'm sure they're I'm of course, I'm sure they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's gonna get it's gonna get more difficult. It's gonna be a lot of fun. We're gonna have some incredible guests. We want to thank everybody once again for joining us Prime Video Critical role. Go check out season two. Uh yeah, I heard season two of Vox Machina. You can download that now. iHeart for helping us out. I love you, Christy. I'm so happy that we're doing this too.
Speaker 2: We're coming to the end though.
Speaker 1: It's so it's amazing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna We're gonna make somebody's dream come true.
Speaker 1: This is really really cool.
Speaker 3: That's what we set out to do, and we're doing it.
Speaker 1: I think we're doing it, and we've got four incredible contestants left. I don't know if everybody out there has their favorites.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: I'm being totally honest with you. I have no idea who's in the lead. I don't know who's gonna win. I don't there is.
Speaker 1: I'm not pulling for anybody. It is day by day. I always say to myself every time I watch these these shows that I watched in Master Chefs and Top Chefs, I'm like, I wonder if the judges really do it day by day. I wonder if they really have a favorite.
Speaker 4: I know that I don't.
Speaker 2: There's I really don't know. I have no idea. It changes day by day. It's so strange.
Speaker 3: So I think we're rooting. I think we're rooting for everyone equally. But we're doing a really great I think we're way better judges than I ever thought we would have been.
Speaker 1: I think our guest judges are pretty darn gray too. I think they're they're keeping us honest. They're keeping us honest. Our adjudicators are keeping us honest. All right, everybody, thank you so much. Join us next episode to the start the final four. We're gonna have an incredible guest we are going to have an incredible guest judge and a brand new game as we are going to pick our super awesome contest to become the next big voice actor. Final two coming up.
Speaker 2: So it's so amazing.
Speaker 1: Don't forget if you have what you think you have, what it takes to step up to the microphone, put your voices where your mouth is.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody, Bye, guys.
Speaker 1: I Hear Voices is hosted by Wilfredell and Christy Carlson Romano. Executive produced by will Fredell, Brendan Rooney, Amy Sugarman. Our executive in charge of production is Danielle Romo. Our producer is Lorraine Verrouez and our editor slash engineer is Brian Burton, and that was my announcer voice.
Speaker 13: Some side effects of listening to I Hear Voices are sore abs from hilarity, falling down the Coco melon rabbit hole, sneezing due to mass nostalgia, and hugs.
Speaker 1: Follow I Hear Voices wherever you listen to podcasts so you don't miss any of the amazing voices.
Speaker 13: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at I Hear Voices podcast.
Speaker 1: You can also check us out on MySpace, omeagle Vine, LimeWire. He am a napster.
Speaker 13: Okay, well, let's teach you about the.
Speaker 8: Internet the who Hey there, I Hear Voices listeners. This is Nia, the winner of the super Awesome contest to become the next big voice actor. I am so glad I found this podcast, and I'm why do you found it too?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Then, Christie, also.
Speaker 8: Known as Kim Possible and Rounstoppable, interview the best known voices in Hollywood, from your favorite.
Speaker 10: Cartoon characters to video game voices.
Speaker 8: You never know who they'll talk to next. Make sure to follow, a like and download the I hear Voices podcast on iHeart Apple and anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 10: And remember, if you think you had what
Speaker 8: It takes, put your voices where your mouth is.