Speaker 1: All right, So I'm gonna do things a little different tonight, man, because I get tired of being fucking professional. Man like that, I get tired of being fucking professional. I get tired of I've been doing the same thing. I thought about it today. We've been doing this show since twenty eighteen and it's twenty twenty four. Now that's a long time.
Speaker 2: I remember when you came up with it in the loft downtown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that, and it sort of got away from what my original mission was with it. The show was always supposed to be eggy, right. But you know, when you have personnel changes, you can't necessarily do this. You know, you can't necessarily keep the same thing going on when you change the team up a little bit. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I said, we always the goal to push to me is to get to get this show to change over the Gangster Rap Chronicles, Like Gangster Chronicles was always brilliant idea, you know what I mean. With the original personnel, You know what I'm saying, it was always perfect, like it was cast it for the idea, and now the new cast it doesn't necessarily fit. You know what I mean, y'all not super vested in criminology and crimes. You know what I mean, y'all both probably did your fair shared crimes in you in your day. But really, you know what I'm saying, y'all, more like you're an executive of gangster rap music, you know what I mean, You manage a couple gangster rappers. Eight is a first ballot Hall of Fame, you know, gangster rappers. So I feel like that's why I was always pushing you to move the show into a gangster rap chronicle perspective and then really have a bunch of dope conversations. But again, the hard part about business is business, you know what I'm saying, The consistency of a brand and you know, moving the space and changing the feed, and you know, how do the fans react? But like I genuinely think, you know, your audience would love it, you know what I mean, because to hear you and Aid speak about gangster rap, you're gonna get like forty years of wisdom in a completely different space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, dog Bro, and I wish you know, shout out at the homie ate he may be popping in for a minute. My man, been real sick for the past few weeks. Will you know, you know, get will A but got the homy glass of maloney here with me one thing about it. Do see, whatever we're doing, we gotta be egy with it. Like when I created this show, it was to be exgy, and to be exy you have to have an opinion. Dog, I'm so sick of sitting in the middle of shit because people don't want to upset nobody. And I get it. You feel what I'm saying. Don't nobody want beef man, But I'm tired of it, man, So from here on out, I'm gonna speak with some on my mind though I'm tired of just I'm tired of playing the game. You feel what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, as long as you articulate your thoughts clearly. I mean, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know you don't really start to playing the game.
Speaker 2: You know how we do it on no ceilings. You feel me. I'm going to say what I think now. You know obviously I've been man. I've seen Lord Jamar today like commenting on one of my thoughts. You know what I'm saying, like on Drake not being hip hop, and Lord Jamar was like, oh, I get what he's saying. You know what I'm saying, and people like so many fans like feel like it has to be about like I have a disdain for the artists or I don't. Just like if I made Tupac must die, it must be I don't like Tupac. And that's it's just, you know, the first thing from the truth. You know me well more well than anybody. I've always been transparent with my thoughts. Now I definitely can't. Like I've dealt with Drake more than once. You know what I'm saying, But I don't have enough information to like or dislike him. And actually what I do know about him, you know I like him. Same for J Cole. You know I didn't bump to the J Cole chopped double him in passing like I like him. I don't dislike people. But if as men, we can't know. These podcasts are very much like barbershop conversations. And it don't matter how many thousands to tens of thousands of people that are listening. You just listening to us have a barbershop conversation, and I'm transparent. That's why you don't hear me, you know, even in private or public. I don't call you know, you know me, I don't call Dracer out of his name, you know what I mean. I wouldn't call j Cole out of his name, even if I'm describing an action you know what I'm saying that he's doing, so you know what I mean. I do think there's a space where people are just overtly sensitive to where it's like they go right to, oh, I hate this person, you know, I mean, he gotta hate this person or let me attack him because I like this person. I'm defending him. And it's weird to me, bro, because even though my social media is like the people that they feel like they're defending who I'm not even attacking.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's like they wouldn't even tweet you or talk to you if they saw you, Like, you know, I'm the type of person. You see how fans been since you know me, since I first started, you know, ascertaining some level of fame. I always been pretty personable with people, Like to me, I'm like a person of the people, you know what I'm saying. So to watch people treat me like I'm some kind of outcast, that I would be the person that's not relatable and some dude who really you know, to the most suburban kid, I'm still more relatable than Drake or j Cole. You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm pretty much straight up and down. You know what I mean? Again, everybody take the crypt part and mean that means that, you know, I would hurt somebody innocent or snatch some old lady person so they you know, your brand gets outcasting into a space of fear, or I need to present myself overtly tough versus just treating somebody like a regular person.
Speaker 1: What the thing is, man, I just think we too sensitive today as a society, as just men in general. I notice sometimes and I can't And I ain't gonna go in and speaking for nobody else on this show because I can't. My man, they ain't here tonight. But I think we too sensitive sometimes a lot of times I want to have conversations, but then the thing comes up where we may get so and so upset. Why why are we worried about that? Hold on, cheap me, let me land on this. If we are gonna be the people that speak on the culture dog, we can't be worried about people getting mad. We can't worry about people getting upset. Now, I'm gonna tell you this, I would never come on. I'm never go do the ambush journalism. I'm never gonna do the stuff the world we just dissing people just to dis people. You feel what I mean? That ain't cool right there? But I think if I have an opinion about somebody's music, like I'm gonna tell you that new Bus the Bus and I'm a Bust the Bus fan. I'm a Bust of Rhymes fan. Man, I can't stand a new record though I haven't heard it, you know, do the Bus and Bus Part two? The origonal was cool when it first came out. That should have been left where it was at before. But now that's no disrespect to Bust to Rhymes. I've supported everyone last one of Busts of Rhymes albums. I'm just don't like his new music, and I think I should have a right to say that without offending nobody. I don't think Buster would be mad if I said that, because I love Bust to Rhymes. I think Bust the Rhymes is one of the greatest of all time to ever do it. Extinction level Event two left it thought it was a brilliant album, thought it fit where he was at. But to see Buss and Bus trying to attempt to make dance music all over again, it's just like, bro, do your stuff, Bust and Bust mean, but he's like dance music his whole career. Yeah, he has dog, but it seemed like with this one man, he kind of trying to chase something.
Speaker 2: Maybe I haven't heard.
Speaker 1: I could be and I could be wrong, But then again, that's just my opinion, and that's no disrespect to the guy. You feel what I'm saying, that's no disrespect the Bust of Rhymes.
Speaker 2: I truly love the ll Kool j Q Tip album The Force.
Speaker 1: I loved the two and I think the Bus and Bus like when Bus and Bus did Extinction level event.
Speaker 3: I loved that.
Speaker 1: See that's one of my favorite Bus to Rahyms albums because he was doing well. It's true to him. And I know Buss and Busses back on a major label now, and I think Bus and Bus it may be a thing where Bus and Busses used to have hit records.
Speaker 2: Though, sure, and if you see it to a record company, it would it would probably make sense for you to try to make a hit record or make a good record. So I mean, but Busts always took artistic gambles, you know what I mean. So I'm sure sometimes he can miss why left or my you know, wide right, But I'm sure you know, I think I think there is a space for a level of critigue even for the gods of of of of you know, New York street urban culture, you know, from an art level to be critigue, same for anyone else like J Cole. Like even when we talked about the J Cole record the poort, Antonio was like, this is not about me critiguing his art or his ability. This is me critiguing the approach what's being said, you know what I mean. So you just have to be okay, just like when people don't like my music, you know what I'm saying, Like I'll put out music and people won't like it, and that's just the end of it. I'm not gonna fight him because they don't like my music. But I mean people can be a bit sensitive. Do I think bus is sensitive? Knowing him and fellowshipping with him, Nah, you know, I mean, he'll take that and hear what you're saying. And you know, come back stronger and that would you.
Speaker 1: Know what, Man, I really hope that's just my opinion. That don't mean I'm not gonna support Bus and Bus. That don't mean I'm not gonna keep lofting him for what he does. This one misstep. This is probably the first song Buss and Rhymes I've ever had in his whole long story career that I didn't like. And I try like she won't like. I listened to that record about ten fifteen times. All righty, you know what? But but I will say this while I'm talking, not to get too much into a negative space. Man, That new app Soul is off the hook? Yeah yeah, yeah, app. So I think I've seen it on this show a number of times. Probably my favorite rap road for ad TD. You know, I've had a conversations with you. Soul is like, Soul is a real rapper, and that it's not taking nothing from nobody else, all them brothers over that dope, but Soul. I've always thought that Soul was just on another level lyrically. You know, Soul will take you someplace.
Speaker 2: You know, No, Soul is amazing, no questions?
Speaker 1: Apps was that guy man I got?
Speaker 2: I got Trevvy to a record behind the scenes where they shot a video and it's amazing. I expect nothing less from Sould, you know what I mean. What I really more expect any more than anything from Soul is him to do delivers some records, like and I tell him all the time, you know what I mean? Like I tell over all the time, like it's time to, you know, make some records. Like Casola is an underrated record maker. If you heard Fuck Glasses alone, the album that's on Spotify. Now, there's a song with me and Jay Rock called Dollars makes sense. That's Apps so doing the course, Like as knows how to make a record. He just you know, got hell bent on showing everybody they're not a better MC. But most people don't give credence of this. But im singing at a mass level, even lyricism at a mass level is still judged based off of how popular your records are, like jay Z can only be in the running, or Tupac can only be in the running, or Biggie or Nahs because of their biggest songs. That puts you on a radar of all the audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know somebody will even take this conversation and take that as a slight to everybody else from TDE because I said that appsold is my favorite rapper. I love Jay Rock's music. It things. Jay Rock got slaps out, you know, Ny.
Speaker 2: You know sensitive and always try to clear it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but listen to me though, Dog and Punch is probably my second favorite rapper over there. Sure Punch is hard. Sure, and this ain't me clean it up. I'm just saying, man, I'm so sick of the space we in right now. Dog is extra.
Speaker 2: Just stop honoring it.
Speaker 1: It's extra. What's the nice word? Like I said about the climate today is just zesty as hell? Dog? Well, you don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, you only empowered it when you be a part of it. That's why I don't really hold my opinion back. I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Hold my opinion up. I'm gonna tell you this, and I want to apologize for the fans, and I don't want nobody to take this no kind of a way. Our last week's episode was whack. It was trash. Yeah, I told you that. Afterout, after we got finished recording, I said, Dog, I did not like this episode. Dog, we can't just come in and just breathe through the show without saying what we mean.
Speaker 2: Bro, Well, you gotta listen to people, right, and then you gotta respond appropriately when they speaking to you. Yeah, And I think that's the beginning. I think that's the start.
Speaker 1: Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to be tabloid journalism, you know what I mean, or tabloid podcasting versus two really knowledgeable people, one like I said, the first ballot Hall of Famer and another you know, executive of of the of the genre, you know, being honest about their opinion. Especially somebody like A eight has all the credentials in the world to judge music. I mean, he is a true professional or a true legend, a true scholar at the highest level, you know what I'm saying. So there's nothing that I don't know why he wouldn't be Like he can offer critique that can help shape an artists into becoming a Hall of Fame player.
Speaker 1: But what he can't worry about, though, Bro, he can't worry about people getting upset.
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't know why to hell, A will worry about people getting upset. He don't function with everybody, you know what I'm saying. It ain't like he in the mix with everybody, So you know, if he thinks, I think it's right for Ad to be able to say say to somebody, hey, you know what you need to work on that. Look, it's it's one thing, big Bro, for people to just oh you whacking, you suck and you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we ain't gonna never disrespect nobody. That's not what I'm talking about. See, I'm like, whatever do with the other cats, do this down the road or whatever? Like we not like us, That's what I'm saying. We never go do the tabloid stuff. You feel what I'm saying. We're not a gossip Kyle, and that's not what we go do.
Speaker 2: But as even as gangster rap, you know, as gangster rap. You know, you two guys iss gangster rap like professionals you know of over thirty years. You it's it's incumbent. You know what I mean that you be transparent with with your critique for moves made by artists and music that they.
Speaker 1: Released hundred percent. You know, but I wish we could play music on here man. That new appisode is hard Dog Squeeze first too. You know what I was together, You know what I was thinking about too, Bro, I was thinking about all this stuff that's going down with with p Diddy right now, right sure with Ditty, and I don't and I ain't even go getting all. I was just thinking about it. You got one hundred and twenty people following the lawsuit, Bro, and you have been with a one eight hundred number now where people can call in. How many of these lawsuits you think is frivolous?
Speaker 2: How did you police that, bron? Listen, everybody who functioned with Puff passed nineteen ninety four knew who Puff was, So again, like, you can't convince me that people were this. Like I saw an interview with a local West Coast act as a female singer. Her name is Tania. She was doing a sit down where she was talking about she been to a Puff party and she didn't do nothing. But to some degree I think she was like a stripper or maybe like I don't know, I don't want to call nobody no sex worker, because even though that phrase is really nice, I mean like, I don't know, you know, you don't want to call somebody that they not. But I'm saying that she didn't do nothing, Like if nobody went to a puff party, not understanding. The goal is to get high, laid, or drunk, I mean, or all the above, with the goal of achieving something else that they desire. Maybe is success in the music business, maybe it's money. Everybody know what they was going for.
Speaker 1: You remember when we did the episode we had the giants up there and we was just up there all kicking it. And I told you all, I went to a party where they had the pink stuff on the like the pink powder on the trades and stuff. Yeah. Yeah, that was a tough party. Dog, It just wasn't And I didn't, to be honest with you, Dog, I thought it was crazy. And I told I talked about this party a couple of times right on the show, numerous times. Right, I think it was what it was. It wasn't no different than the thirty or forty other Hollywood parties I went to. That's what people go there for it or they go to get faded, they go to get us some brawls, they go to listen to music, they go to really be hedonistic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what they do.
Speaker 2: And yeah, heatonistic is very much, you know, a much more harsher term of being free, you know, to do anything without judgment, you know, outside of the man above you I mean, but outside of the entity above. But yes, it's standard. It's people that I can name who have puff parties. But I could never say it because the public is so extra sensitive because that they acted like they want to be judgmental, like their whole goal in life wasn't to go to a puff party.
Speaker 1: I probably shouldn't said that I was at a at the puff party, but it didn't matter whose party it was, because yeah, it was like it was going down dog, but it wasn't no different. It wasn't nothing I hadn't seen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen it. It was crazy. I never seen it at the Puff party, but I've seen it at other celebrity parties. But again, like that ain't like I've seen that in the hood, like you know what I mean. I've seen all of this stuff and how people getting down and enjoying theirself and if it ain't for me, I just don't get down, That's all.
Speaker 1: I think. It was the thing, the thing that tripped me out most about that night. I kept talking about it's the pink. I didn't know if it was cocaine. I didn't know what it was I just know they had this pink on the trade, and I thought it was the craziest thing ever. Right, I was like, what is that? You feel me? Yeah, I'm not trying it, whatever it is is, I'm not sniffing or snort nothing. That's not my thing.
Speaker 2: I think you ever tried cocaine, you know what?
Speaker 1: I tried cocaine once by accident, dog, and it.
Speaker 2: Was you can't try cocaine. Try no, no, not like a primo, I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Yeah. I never sniffed cocaine before. Never Never How close did you get to it? Never had to, never had the desire to do so. Bro, I saw that stuff tear too many lives up. Oh yeah, I was always terrified of cocaine.
Speaker 2: Bro, who is the cold Who is the craziest person that you were surprised at all? Well, it's kind of illegal, so that might be kind of telling it, ain't it is?
Speaker 1: That would be you know what, Dog, it's a lot of people to snort though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think it's more open now. I think these kids today is more open about what they do. You know, back then, I think people was more ashamedful doing cocaine. I know, three six moth people was always open about you know when they was the first rap group open with talking about their cocaine usage. You know, I was always terrified of cocaine. I'll tell you about my about my story. I got a cousin back home in Ohio, right.
Speaker 2: Much love to Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this dude has always been fast, right, And when I say fast, he was just that's a whole different level just doing level reference for a man. Yeah, not fast, like when I say that brought me and this dude was just like when we was fifteen. This dude was drinking Hennessy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's crazy afteen, you know what I'm saying, Like you talked about back in eighty five, him drink he had a short dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was drinking Hennessy dog he had, you know, he was drinking him, That's what he was doing. But he was drinking Hennessy. He was drinking gin. He was like always a step ahead. This dude had his own apartment though. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is a cousin of mine right at fifteen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, dog at fifteen, he's a year I was fifteen, he was sixteen. I would say he was sixteen, but wow, so we at his crib chilling one night. Man, I never will forget. We was listening to Chud Rocks new album.
Speaker 2: You told me about this story.
Speaker 1: Listening to Chure Rocks the album. So they passed and weed around and I was.
Speaker 2: And you thinking you've grown and cool.
Speaker 1: Exactly, I'm just trying to be cool beat around. And the thing is, I didn't even know how to hit weeds. I didn't even know how to hit the weed back.
Speaker 2: Once or twice.
Speaker 1: I hit the weed dog and I smoked, and it never did nothing to me because weed at that time, I don't think I was inhaling it right or something. I didn't know how to smoke right. So I smoked the weed dog, and I'm headed back home. And it's about like a twenty minute drive where you've been in where my pops lived before. Right, I'm driving back to Cleveland at night. So I got like a thirty forty minute drive, right, I give them the freeway dog, and my whole face started feeling them, like to the point I thought something was wrong with me. Dog Like. First thing that happened is my heart started beating fast.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: When you pulled the jay you to hear the crackle.
Speaker 1: Bro, Well, I didn't know what going on. Like I said, I was cream. I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: You went on and all I know, g is I was up for two days. Dog. I could not go to sleep. You know what it felt like, bro, It felt like I drunk like five six cups of coffee. I couldn't go to sleep. But I was scared. Man, I was very, very scared, and I told my pops about it. I always was able to share stuff with my dad. Man I told him about He said, Son, you gotta be real careful about doing what you do. You know what I'm saying about who you're doing certain things with. And that was my thing right there. From that time on, Dog, I never just hit nobody else's weed. That's that you feel me.
Speaker 2: They got you so so Hector. Hector got you like smoking Friday.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You was in a pigeon coop at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. I was in the pigeon coop. I just couldn't go to sleep. And what was crazy about it, I was I was going to my mama's house. And my mama is very much one of the type of people, so I was nervous that my mom knew I was hired. Something was wrong with me. So I stayed outside, dog and I took a shower. Man. I tried to go to sleep and couldn't go to sleep. Dog, I couldn't go to sleep. That was the first time I tried.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: That was the first and only time I tried cocaine. I was always scared of it because I felt like if that did that too, that little bit of cocaine did that to me. There was in that weed. Dog. I was always like, what would powder do to it? Motherfucker? You feel me? I just never had no interest in doing that. Man, I never had no interest. I'm gonna tell you the one thing I always was. I don't know, bro. I always liked psychedelics. Like I took acid before.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's a rock a well. You you you got a little rock spirit, you know. I mean it's a little Jimmy Hendrix somewhere. And you you you really lean, you lean, You got a rock lane about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I like shrooms, man, Shrooms is the ship to me.
Speaker 2: How do you take his acid?
Speaker 1: The one you put on your tongue, Yeah, you took put a tab on your tongue. But I'm gonna tell you the first time I tried acid, though, you get a stamp, it's like a stamp that you're getting. They got like different colors on back in the Ohio, right, I hung around some white boys, right, Yeah, so he gave me like a whole stamp before and what I didn't know, I took like half the stamp. Right, So when I took half the stamp, it takes.
Speaker 2: You licked the stamp or you put the stamp and it dissolved in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put the stamp like in your tongue, like you lick.
Speaker 2: The You just lick it and then you just get rid of it, like you hold it on.
Speaker 1: There for a minute, like then you know, when the term started feeling paper, you can take it out.
Speaker 2: Is PCP considered a psychedelic d.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wouldn't never mess with no PCP though, though. But so when I tried that, man, I took like a half a stamp, right. And I remember, man, I was hanging out with some white dudes and they were listening to Deep Purple, right this song Purple Strangers, right, yea perfect Stranger. They had this song rock song called perfect strangers. I just love rock and roll music, right, So we just kicking it, man, And they had all of these like led Zeppelin posters on their wall, and it started looking like the wall was like water for a minute. Man, it was like the whole wall was like wavy, right. And so I'm looking at the wall, tripping man. And I walk home, dog, and I'm just like really tripping, dog because it's like I felt like I was walking under water. I get back to my crib, man, I get back to my crib, and I'm watching TV. Gee when I tell you that, you know how TV goes off? Man? And like those what are they called those like commercials, infomercials, you know what I'm saying informercials. The lady on the infomercial was talking to.
Speaker 2: Me, bro Oh no no, So a PCP is in a hallucinogenic, so I think, and a hallucinogenic is different than a psychedelic. Go ahead, I'm listening.
Speaker 1: The lady on the The lady on the infomercial was talking to me, like really talking to me.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Okay, remind me of Harold and Kumar go to White Cast. That's something that will happen right there. That's that drug that a Doogie Houser was taken and Harold and Kumar goes to Whitecastle. A psychedelic is a type of hallucinogen that produces a non ordinary mental state or trip that's often accompanied by a feeling of expanded consciousness. The term psychedelic is sometimes used more broadly to include other types of hallucinogens, such as salvia and MDMA. So I guess it is like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I ain't ever messed with a PCP.
Speaker 3: Tho, dog.
Speaker 2: Huh you got homies that Have you ever see somebody You ever see somebody hit a stick?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, Yeah, it's a scary thing, man.
Speaker 2: Man, Jayo Felony, if I ever thought about trying PCP, Jo Felony would be the rapper that would if a rapper could ever influence me to do something, Jayo Felony. Jao Fellon used to have the best songs about smoking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sharm stick is a classic. You know what though, Man, Definitely, I think when you try certain drugs, man, you want to be around somebody because you can trip out, dog like like like even somebody smoke into something as simple as weed for the first time. Dog, you want to be around somebody that's cool. I never thought it was cool to like trick somebody. Some people like to get people so stone dog that they start tripping out. That ain't a cool feeling dog being so stone that you were n't comfortable. Bro, it's not cool. Bro. I remember one time, man, I ate some edibles. Right, Yeah, we was over. We was over some parents house, this one this one my son was playing football at bosco. Right, so we over this one couple sauce. Man, we kicking it, right, we barbecuing and stuff. So they got some candy in the thing, and you know I love sweets, right, so I'm eating these gummy worms, right. They tasted so good, and so I'm just like, I don't like, probably ate like twenty of these gummies right next thing, you know, man, I'm feeling so high. Like first the high hit me and I'm feeling cool, but then it just hit me to where the point it wasn't cool. It felt like everybody in the party was looking at me, man, like they was talking to me. And I was just like, oh, I'm so high. I hope I don't say nothing stupid.
Speaker 2: I should auction off my alcohol virginity.
Speaker 1: Pause your Alco. You know what, Bro, I don't like to see you try to smoke weed one time. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Off my alcohol virginity.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Like like once we make this new run on the album and were finnah get real hot, like we finna get really name buzzing, because like we already lighting the fire right now and everybody's starting to talk about us, and we dropped that street single. It's gonna really do a lot. We should make all of the spirit companies bid on what alcohol I drink first.
Speaker 1: That would be crazy man. You know what, though, Man, No, I would I think if you go try something first, maybe a drink is the best thing. I would probably say a shot of Hennessy or something like that.
Speaker 2: Whoever pay, you gotta pay.
Speaker 3: Whoever pay.
Speaker 1: I had to eat the homies up at Schefflin to see because Schaefflin might be the one to pay for that. Dog, I know, I would like to see you. That would be crazy, man. But you know what, at the same Tope, and I always thought it was dope that you never had a drink or never smoke nothing. Dog, that's not my wife. My wife has never drunk anything and smoked anything in her life.
Speaker 2: I never drank a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. You might take something dollar like. I wouldn't probably want to see you smoking no weed, dog, because if we did it, it had to be some good old fashioned homegrowing something that I knew just wouldn't tear you up, you know, because I could see you really losing your mind. Dog, you could probably trip off.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody a weed company. Maybe Burner could bribe me. Maybe Burner could let's go acrost some real thousands for me to puff some cookies. But I d smoke ten thousand dollars from Burner. I don't know. That's that ain't enough. I don't know.
Speaker 1: How about twenty five.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe twenty five, I might smoke a jay, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, And I would tell them, don't give you no end, to give you a nice sativa because I don't know you might trip off on sativa because sativa makes you think a lot.
Speaker 2: It might work for me. I used to watch all my old the Homies pluck. Favorite thing is to tell me, man, I'm telling you hit this weed. Your lyrics would be tighter. Your lyrics already tight, but they'd be way tighter. That's his favorite line, you.
Speaker 1: Know what the thing is? The thing is, bro, all of that stuff should be a choice. Man, I've never been really like, I was so mad at my cousin man for trying that because you think about it, even though it was a premium, I probably could have died. Bro. What if I'd had a heart attack or something. M h, you feel what I'm saying? Like, think about lim Bias. Remember when lim Bias got drafted. Though He's tried a drug for his first time and died. Bro, that has to be a choice, dog, Like, trying the drugs should be a choice, Bro. It shouldn't be nothing somebody fooling somebody into doing it, or somebody slipping something somebody's drink. That's real whack right there. I think people should go to jail for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you are legally supposed to go to jail for that. But that is a bit devious.
Speaker 1: That is a devious because you don't know how somebody gon react like people think it's funny or let's put some because especially with THC now like you can really you can give somebody a soldier that's like a THAC dog and they could trip out. You feel what I mean they could really trip out a run in the middle of street, get hit by a car or something, you know, or getting their car and crash on the way home. That's not cool, man, Getting high, Getting high, getting on drugs could be a choice, especially like when you start. It took me a while she to really know how to take shrooms and stuff like that. And the thing is, I've never been an everyday person like me when I smoke weed in phases like I may smoke weed for a couple of weeks and then not smoking nothing for the next year. You feel me all long?
Speaker 2: Is it something that you could deal with and negotiate it works out well.
Speaker 1: I think you need to be in a certain place. I definitely think, man, if you ain't got your finances where you wanted to be, I think you ain't got no time to be sitting on smoking weed all day. That's just me, though.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a better question.
Speaker 1: Right there, they just pull it up in there.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me ask you a better question. It is a better question for you. H here's a better question for you. If you had to pick a year.
Speaker 1: Wash up? Og you all right? You hold up?
Speaker 2: You trying to get together? So let me ask you a question, a big growth show.
Speaker 3: If one two one two? Can you hear me? I can't hear ship?
Speaker 1: We can here, can you? Gus? Okay?
Speaker 2: So look, you to pick a year if you could, if you could pick a year that the sensitivity level could go back to, what year would it be? Where you was like, this is where this is the furthest you know what I mean, society, this is the most sensitive society should be. It'd be nineteen.
Speaker 1: Eighty five or ninety.
Speaker 2: Oh sality wasn't that sensitive at all? Back in?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, gee, let me see if I get age. Hold on, hold on, I can hear him? Good, hold on, let me let me call him real quick, walking through this real quick. Let me go walking through this real quick. Hold on, let me walking through this real quick. Yeah, g eighty five or ninety Yeah, you're on a computer. Go on your you're in front, because we can hear you. Good, we was hearing you. Perfect. Go go in the computer and uh go to your go to your settings, go to settings, or you can even jump on your phone if you want to want to send a link to your phone. Yeah, audio settings and go to hold on a second, y'all beer will. It's real quick. Were getting homeie eight straight, So we can go in there.
Speaker 2: And go in the audio audio all of this the whole time on your part is that what you do?
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna cut it off. I'ma cut this part up. So when you go to speaker, right, you see what speaker is at? What do we say on that?
Speaker 2: Just in case he doesn't cut it out, I've been trying to convince him click speaker that Gangster rap should be like by Gangster Chronicles and he should do a much better job of taking y'all through all of the stuff him and eight saw from when they were teenagers and coming into the game. That's my goal, that would be.
Speaker 3: Can hear for sure? All right?
Speaker 2: Do you hold up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm maintaining my nigga ship.
Speaker 1: You had him in there. I was telling eight man, you can't help if you sick.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you this, dog, Now you hear this perfect? What year would you say everything was least sensitive like eighty five or ninety As far as what like people just not being sensitive, like the way you could pretty much say what you want to and wou nobody trip uh shit.
Speaker 3: I mean as far as a lot of shit today. I mean we are basically we just had censorship when it came to our music. As far as the radio. Niggas didn't get you know, up up up in an uproar over over certain shit. You could say certain things about certain motherfuckers and it wouldn't be I guess, out of line so to speak. You get me, And I can remember that back when I first started rapping, you know, the mid eighties, you know, the early nineties. Uh, I don't know when niggas got so sensitive over shit, you know, you know what I was listening to today. I guess it comes with the you know, the changing of the times and the generation of what niggas feel, you know, because people is niggas is sensitive today you can't really say too much about and you know, I'm always stressing you know what you can't say about certain motherfuckers because.
Speaker 1: You know they get angry. Yeah, you know what, I wonder what happened? Uh yeah, you're pop back, but you ate you're still there. Yeah, I'm here, OK, sure, Yeah we can hear you. His things went up. But the thing is this, right, I would listening to DM next today where the hood at, and it was on you know, listening to Serious XM. He talked about he had a lot of derogatory stuff to saying that that song couldn't have came out today, Bro.
Speaker 2: It could come out, not what he was saying on that he'd got canceled.
Speaker 1: You can't get can't seeing missing with a man, And he was talking about all that he had, all the buzzwords you can't say, you.
Speaker 2: Can't get you can't get canceled. That's not a real thing. You can only get canceled if they financing your campaign, like what happened to the baby Like, they only can cancel you if they financing your campaign. So if you getting corporate money, that's how they controlling everybody. They controlling everybody because the corporation's pay them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Well, we will definitely get canceled. Them talking about because you you lost all your sponsorships the first show you ever had.
Speaker 2: That's because that's how it's gonna go. That's glass is gonna live. That's just the outlaw. That's just how it came up. I have made a living and been fine just being authentic this whole time. And if it take me a little longer to get where I'm trying to go. I got time. I just got sixty pounds with the intentions of making sure I'm around to get everything I got coming to me. So I intend to get every dime that this game owed me. Let me ask you a question, do you think married with children? Is that too far? Because I think married with Children probably couldn't come out today.
Speaker 3: Hell no, nigga, that's my that was that's one of my I'll watched that ship faithfully, right yeah, right now, I watched that ship faithfully, nigga. I got about I got probably about one hundred episodes and ship of married with Children. Uh, it's raunchy, you get me. Uh, But like you said, al they say ship that you know definitely wouldn't go down today, you get me. They talk about, you know, the other side, they talk about all kinds of men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they going crazy girls they got.
Speaker 1: I tell you. The show back in the day that used to really get off with doing stuff was anything that Norman Lear made, like Archie Bunker, Jeffersons, you know all of them, dog even saying for the sun you can say what you want to. They would call people, you know, the white folks out their name. I noticed they would never say that. They wouldn't never call nobody a nigga. They wouldn't go that far.
Speaker 3: But it was still you know, those shows were meant to push the line, you know, especially shit like Married with Children. It was a show that was to push the line. And what was good about it. It wasn't like it wasn't just you know, the white people just always degrading or talking about the black people or whatever. Whatever. They with themselves and ship and they dealt with their own poverty and being poor and living in fuck the situations and whatever and their reality, and they wasn't afraid to poke fun at themselves. That's what the whole point about it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish you could go back to that era, man, Yeah, gee, I would say about from maybe nineteen seventy man to probably nineteen ninety, after ninety, after the two thousands, everything got sought.
Speaker 2: You don't think everything hip hop is still You don't think hip hop is still edgy?
Speaker 1: Hell no, no, A few people live, but no, you people too afraid of losing stuff, man, you know, And I'm not mad at that, man. You know, if you would do, like if you saw all the stuff. But the baby lost he was cracking dog. I don't know if he would recover from that.
Speaker 2: Bro Yeah, but the baby only lost it because they gave it to him. So if somebody, like if Nike paid me two million dollars and then I go on this reebox spur talk about reebok, I may lose this two million dollars. So again, they could only cancel if they make you. Right, that's it. You know what I'm saying. We don't. We don't gotta play ball. I mean just you just might lose what was it, Pepsi or coke? Which one was it? You might lose coke and you might lose Budwiser, which is crazy that Budwiser could judge me. That's just like crazy, y'all sell beer to hell? You judging me? Fo, You know what I'm saying, But I don't mind.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Look, I watched a lot of people that came up in the same lifestyle as me. Blazed doors. I watched eight blazed doors, I watch Q blazed doors, I watch dog blazed doors, everybody blazing doors. For me to not have to be somebody I'm not, and I'll be damn ice tea blazed doors, and I'll be damn if I sell it out tone Low, I'll be damn if I sell it out to try to get something sooner than I'm gonna get it. Like I love how ice tea. You know when you watch SVU, it don't say Tracy Morrow, say I tea. I love that he could cut some motherfucker out on his Twitter and be himself. And you know you don't hear Dick Wolf and them fin a pull a rug for up under his deal or you still see him doing deals with uh, what's the chicken place that the chicken strips can't raising canes with the iced tea? And he's in the commercial, and he's in the he's in the warranty commercials for the cars. Because these people are blazing the trail that shows the world has an affinity for people that make this version of reality rap that we do. So I just watch everybody blaze the trail, and I think long as each of us individually don't sell out and really just do what we do and wait till it's coming, it'll happen. The only issue is when you want it to happen sooner. Well, guess what they might want a little booty for that, you might have to go to a puff party.
Speaker 1: You know what. I had this conversation with eight today. What I was telling glasses Ate before you came on, right, I was telling him man that I wish that we can do the show like we do the conversations that we have offline, right, and wouldn't nobody because I just think I think if we had the conversations we'd really be having. Man, I think we'd be the number one show in the world dog because we don't be necessarily dissing nobody, but we just be really telling the truth. Not that we come on here and lie, but I think we be giving a lot of people passed. Like I just told them, I love I'm a big Bust of Rhymes fan. I think I said that before Eight. I don't like that new single he came out with. I don't like it. I just don't. I'm not gonna slip here and say it's trash, but I don't like it. But that's no knock against Bust the Rhymes. I love Bust the Rhymes as a person. I think his music. I think he done gave us some incredible music. I just don't like this particular song. That don't mean I don't like Bust to Bus, And I just think it's messed up that we don't got to the place man where really you can't really.
Speaker 2: Say nothing nobody, But why can't you? You can? You just gotta be okay with if Bust the Bus don't like you saying this song ain't good.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So if you, if you, yeah, if you, if you, if you worry about Bust the Ron's feelings, you know what I mean, you better not say what you're saying. But again, if you want anybody to respect you as a man and have your opinion, you're gonna rub some You're gonna rub some people the wrong way. That just come with the territory that that's that's part of the stuff ad them had to go through and and forging this path for what though white folks start calling against the rap, I mean, they was telling exactly how it was. They wasn't the media darlings. None of them dudes that came out was.
Speaker 1: The media darlings.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They had it hard and tough. They wasn't getting all opportunities, they wasn't getting placed in and uh, what's the lead the weapon films. You know what I'm saying, They wasn't the songs wasn't getting used there. You know what I mean. They if you think about it, that whole genre that they created, gave us films named after the genre. You know what I mean, whether it's a song like Boys in the Hood or you know, I mean, that's how you get the film Minister Society is because of the success of what the white folks coin gangster rep So you know, fortune favors the brave. You know, if you won't say what you want to say, just be okay with and somebody might want to walk up and kick your ass because they feelish hurt.
Speaker 1: Man. You know what, I really hope somebody, man. I think people sometimes think its ain't no cripple, no blood. I wish somebody would somebody get hurt, real bad dog.
Speaker 2: Before you get the threatening people. That's not what I'm saying, man.
Speaker 3: I try to tell That's what I was saying the other day when we was talking, like some niggas just gonna be butt hert how you try to word it. But at the end of the day, some niggas gonna be butt her. Some niggas can't take criticism or or you know, as opposed to it coming from someone who's not of their peers. You feel me, Like you said, Nigga, I'm not. I don't have anything personal with you, but as far as your work and whatever, blah blah blah, my opinion might be, you know, different than what somebody might be blowing smoke up your ass, you know, and that might intend, like you said, Nigga might want to step to you and be like, Nigga, what you mean? What you mean? Like, Nigga's just my opinion, Like, I don't have anything personal, but just like I told you, some niggas, you're gonna have to expect that approach because they're sensitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a whole lot of sensitive people nowadays, man, because anything used to be like that before. Though you tell somebody they stuff was, Man, this ain't good. You just have to accept it. Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 2: I heard the writers had it pretty bad. I heard stories of Soaring and them telling me that people did approach them, like what's up with this?
Speaker 3: I mean, I've never you know, regardless of what I felt, if I didn't get a good write up in the magazine, if I expected you know, four mics and they gave me three or three and a half for you know, I've always accepted criticism. You know, everybody not gonna like everything, and I've accepted that. Oh this song was hard, but I didn't like this one, man, I don't. I didn't like it. That's your opinion. I'm not gonna get offended because you're not gonna like everything I do. That's that's just that just comes with being a professional artist to me, And that's with anything, nigga. If I was build the low Riders and shit, some niggas ain't gonna like one of my bills. Some niggas ain't gonna like one of my paint jobs or one of my setups. You get me. It's just no every and niggas have the right to do that. Now, how you accept that? And how a nigga come at me telling me about my shit? You know, it's a difference of opinion. Nigga ain't gonna just walk up and be like, Nigga, your setup was fucked up, you're set up with this? Or you now now you might you know, you might warn a slap or two or or confrontation as opposed to hey man, you know, hey, you the one that hooked up the so and so. Yeah, man, yeah shit, I usually do my shit like this, or I've seen some shit like this. Maybe next time you should do this or do this. I'm a might. I might take your opinion of what you're telling me and I might try it. You know, it just all the way you got to come at a motherfucker. I guess Oh gee, you gotta put eight in the one ten of them?
Speaker 2: Yuh for sure.
Speaker 1: You know Last is doing this whole project eight called it's called one ten. It's like a supergroup. So it's called Custom Culture. It's about car culture. It's all. Every song is about, like low Ride, you feel me.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just if the Beach Boys was crips, this is what they like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, that's cracking.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you all this. Let me see if either one of y'all, what album that y'all came out that got hyped up? Man, it just was super that was overrated to y'all. You think you Madic was super overrated?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think you Madic wasn't made for me. So when I heard it, or even when I listen to it now, I find myself listening to it thirty times to figure out. I still ain't figured out quite what you know, all the homey from New York here in Phield, I still have no idea. D I still don't get it. Like every time they framed the narrative, it be a bunch of stuff that don't quite make sense. But again that's the thing about hip hop, you know what I mean, Culturally it may don't have to make sense to me. I'm not from New York. I don't get it. I think it's cool, Like I like Life is Good as Life is Good is a way better album. Uh, what's the other joint? The follow up joint? What's the follow up to? That came out ninety six?
Speaker 1: That m if I with the world.
Speaker 2: That was that's the second album?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's not ESCO and that ain't that's that's crazy. I listen.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like still Madic, I love still Madic, Still mad to me. The second album that had the lauryn Hill joint on there that they was it was yeah that they got from Curtis Blow. Life is Good. It's my favorite NAS album. I don't know what them dudes here when they hear Illmatic, but they feel the same way when I listen to dub C the shadiest one. They don't have no idea how I hear it. To them. They're like, yeah, this is cool. People that was coming up into their teenage years. Like that came out when I was finna be eighteen. You know what I'm saying that I had just got my low Rider. I am living with this man talking about in records. You know what I'm saying, This is crazy, this is amazing. So again, that's the thing about hip hop, the representation you get from it. But hell Matic would be that record that I heard all the gas over And this is probably the twenty seventh time I've listened to it, and I'm still trying to figure out why is everybody so pumped up?
Speaker 1: You know what, man, I'm trying to think it's something that was super overrated to me. I'm gonna tell you, man, And people probably would get mad at me for this. Man, I thought it was a good album. I don't think it touched the first ones. I think the chronic Thumb, the second chronic, I don't think that. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: Now, see, I think something wrong with your ears, dog Like this is crazy. You don't listen to me.
Speaker 1: I liked songs on it that was jamming like a motherfucker. I ain't saying an album with jamming, But I don't think it was better than the first one, not as a whole body of work.
Speaker 2: It's different than the first.
Speaker 1: One's see what I'm saying, bro, I'm not saying this whack. I'm not saying it's whack at always a great album, it's not. I don't think it's like the first one. From beginning to end. This one had joints on there. I didn't like some of them songs on that though. I always thought hit Man was overrated, overrated. I don't like hit Man.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He was really rhyme. But that's why he didn't come out with nothing that was though.
Speaker 2: He was just That's not why hit is not average. That's just crazy.
Speaker 1: That's why start.
Speaker 3: I think a lot a lot of niggas got caught up, and you know of what the success of what dre was, and you still got to establish your own ship. You feel me, you you get that, you get that, you get that shootout to starting gates, but you still gotta go out there. You know, sometimes niggas will leave you hanging. You gotta go out there and self promote and get yourself shipped together. And a lot of times when you ride, you know, on someone else's ticket, you wait for them to uh, you wait for them to uh produce your success. You get me instead of you know, a nigga like, I'm gonna go out and do it regardless. Fuck it. I'm not gonna wait around until I get an aftermath record, did or if I look up and it's two years later and it ain't shit happening and we're still riding the success off the project we did two years ago. Especially if I'm not signed as an artist or anything, I'm gonna have to go out and create my own buzz or my own situation because I already got, you know, my foot in the door as far as being on the project and with Dre and producing and doing all of that. So I'm gonna go create my own lane because I already feel like I already got the hand in the foot in the door.
Speaker 2: You feel me, I'm gonna take I think we really got to talk to Hit to really figure out what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take you, and this is no knock against hit right, this ain't.
Speaker 2: No knocking knock. You said hit with you.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you. Listen, listen, lemna tell you this. If you record was dope to watch, it was dope. Still, Dre was dope. Explosive was incredible. Forgot about Dre was good. The next episode was incredible. The less Get High Records You was fire. I want to say that it was good. I said it was good fun. It was good some mal lady niggas. I like that act, right.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that. That was.
Speaker 1: That was ther never all let the being, the being, the being, the being, the thing and all that stuff. It was cool. No bang bang was underninked bang bang bang bang. That was whatever to me. I thought the message was cool. It was like that. It had some amazing joints on there, but some of them songs was missing. Dog. I liked some of the hit Man's raps man, but other than that man hit Man looked like a fact a dude to sit home, eat don us and write wraps all day.
Speaker 2: What that got to do with him being See this is why you can't have an opinion because you just go too fucking far. See how you just said that ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you gotta understand that's what still wants to go there. You get me to go there, and I'll be telling him it's a certain way you you go there, like we had this discussion. Now if you won't. If you're gonna say something about a niggas work, that's cool, but you don't turn around and say, yeah, nigga like you step you stepping over the line. Now you now you're going personal, So now find to you personal. I'm gonna say something about you or something personal, because what the does my songs have to do with how I look? I look like I'm sitting on the couch eating donuts all day. Where where is now? You're looking to go personal? You cannot do that. If you want to have an opinion about a nigga's work, that's fine. But if you want to set up and say a nigga look like he eating donuts all day, sitting on it, now you go on personal.
Speaker 1: Feel Let me say what I'm saying. Yeah, this is what I'm saying. Let me elaborate on that. What I'm saying is this in order to be a superstar.
Speaker 2: You have to We're not talking before you do this. We're not talking about his marketability as a talent. They rapping. No, you said he was average. Hit is way better than average as an MC. That's crazy. You just said that. Now you started to go into your exact bage, start talking about how tough it would be the market. Hit boy, we never got there. You're saying two thousand and one could be overrated because you're not a fan of hits music, not his marketability. Eminem is on the record, Snoop is on the record. These are some of the biggest stars, Doctor Dre, these are huge stars. They didn't need the fourth Big Store. They needed a dope MC to rap and hit. Really like how Snoop was to the first chronic hit was to.
Speaker 1: The two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: He carried it on his back as a MC. So again, I get what now, I get why E stops you because you just go to damn far It starts off being about the pen.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do this right. I apologize, hit man. It wasn't nothing personal, Yes it was. I'll bust the mister toughy slash a smoothie duffy crashing flex on Tuesdays and rasping holds the movies. I had somebody with Oozy's that shady diiction, that bi nigga that was.
Speaker 2: I don't sympathize for black holes and whipping guys.
Speaker 1: You gotta recognize Hitmanerprise, Kelly, Pride, Bonds and Riders South Centralized the hen he got me that nice poke their eyes out on Mala's locus. Hope they don't have to find out the hard way. Snicks niggas in the pen to get hit when the guards look the other way.
Speaker 2: Well hitting the treas.
Speaker 1: You playing games. I suggest you know the rules were putting guns to fools. Make sure you run your jew take honey and cruise to the snoody and snooze fools. Pop koochie to this nut oozes. You shouldn't fuck with cruise this sick. The aftermath is we rules. Confuse me with the weather about the blow, motherfucker fucker.
Speaker 2: That's fun. Steve, you was a fucking hater, that shit tough. That mea is nice? That's nice?
Speaker 1: Was he?
Speaker 2: One two three into the four nice bro Snoop is a fucking eight is a first Battle Hall of Famer. Snoop is like like dog, like that's not fair, like Jesus Christ like that.
Speaker 1: Compare that the shots hit the crowd, then everybody ran whole Hunt's thing. That's like memorable dog, you know, But you're talking.
Speaker 2: About first ballot Hall of Famers. Eight and Dog are first battle of Hall of Famer. You can't compare everybody to eight and Dog. They don't do that. He's not a culture. Eight is a cultural phenomenon. Dog is a cultural phenomenon. Q not just dope m c's. They're also like revelations and culture. It's like their personal renaissance.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: They represent something that never been seen versus hitting just a nice MC.
Speaker 1: What like a seid like he alluded to earlier, right and not sure you know what hit. I'm apologized. I should.
Speaker 2: Cut your stupid ass out all here. I'm gonna call it first thing in the morning, telling me make a dish on your ass and this the ship out of you. You don't want to battle hit that dog? I have hit served your ass to do that when you ain't been in front of that mic. Still your pen might still be good with yo, but that but that microphone different.
Speaker 1: I gonna do what he do. The snooty snoozey suzy zy roll through the groupies.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Here you go, I hit the lucy, lose and the boozy.
Speaker 2: I get what AD is saying, Dog, you don't know how.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you mean if you be when you put yourself in that place, Dog in the upper ex line, you gotta be saying some stuff. Hit Man was cool, Dog, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He was him.
Speaker 2: Man is nice. It's not fair to compare him to eight to Q to dog first Battle Hall of Fame acts from the West. That's not fair because that's not That's more than just him seeing these are the first time people seeing this ship. They never even saw no ship like this, let alone the styles it is. Hit is dope. Even if it is it is not a Hall of Famer. But for sure he had a fucking All Star year, All Star year. That year he was in the All Star Game.
Speaker 4: He was killing that year, Oh Dele. He definitely contributed to the record. His presence was on all over the record. I don't think guy I never had an opinion about, you know, the contributions that he gave on on on the chronic record.
Speaker 3: I thought they were sufficient, you know, as standing up to Uh you know, who are all the other cats that was on the records? Uh M and exhibit and.
Speaker 2: You got all Hall of Famers eight on it. That's all Hall of Famers. This all Hall of this, like all Hall of Famers, and you got to show up.
Speaker 3: As they always believe in the up and comers. You know, he always give a shot to the up and comers, and he felt it was one of those.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Like I said, he contributed it significantly to that record. And I don't think I ever heard anyone's opinion of less of him on the record, like oh, nah, man, they shouldn't have or whatever whatever. You know, Uh, it's just you know, I guess you know, if every to each his own, everybody has their opinion about what they feel or whatever. Like I said, it never bothered me. I thought his contributions were significant when it came to that record.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like he sounded out of place. You get me in comparison to like you said, the Hall of Famers whatever, he didn't sound out of place.
Speaker 2: You know who he is on on the Dynasty Lakers. He's Rick Foxla.
Speaker 1: That's a good comparison, tell you real quick. G did you get that text me just sent you about Biggie and him stole that juicy record from that dude from Mississippi.
Speaker 2: I was ignoring. I was ignoring that was a real thing, dog.
Speaker 1: Like, that wasn't made up stuff. His record came up before Biggie's record.
Speaker 3: Nobody heard that.
Speaker 1: I don't think Biggie stole I think Puffy probably heard that record because he said they were sitting the demo off. He sounds mister the big billy man.
Speaker 2: Why this is why people stopped accepting demos because of silliness like this.
Speaker 1: That was hard.
Speaker 3: Man, that he was dope.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it wasn't a dope song, but that's just you can't just go around saying somebody stole something.
Speaker 1: Still man, that's what he said. It was a lot of people. He had the receipts.
Speaker 2: He don't have no receipts. All you can say put his out first, But I mean it is sampling and too may like that that might happen.
Speaker 1: And so his name just happened to be notorious b One Big Daddy. His song was hard.
Speaker 2: It wasn't mader than juicy. It was dope. See, this is what you disseminate for I'm sorry, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Traversity.
Speaker 1: He loves the man.
Speaker 2: Stuff you can't say. Probably, you can't just go around saying people stole stuff. Man, I'm telling you I'm not one. His name is Notorious One.
Speaker 3: That that's his line he's pushing down. Still go push that lie. He gonna push that third line like, I don't give a fuck. I'm gonna say nigga stole it. And then when you say that you have proof of that, how can you say that don't matter nigga. I'm just putting it out there because he came up before biggiees Do.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a national smash.
Speaker 1: Still, I don't think no see will say this. I don't think Biggie stole. I think probably heard that.
Speaker 2: Probably there's serious accusations in hip hop. You don't think you should be a little bit more like thoughtful about these type of accusations that this is why somebody gonna fight you.
Speaker 1: Notorious b One, Notorious be One. If you out there, man, we want to holler at you. Man, were gonna help you get this.
Speaker 2: You want to stroke that fire, do that you.
Speaker 3: Just he loves.
Speaker 1: You like man, Notorious b One shot the Notorious b One and you know what, it was heartbreaking. I like Biggie Smalls. I don't think Biggie stole it. Do I think some Diddy probably did? We see Diddy as a doe the bad character?
Speaker 2: How can we see Diddy is a bad character.
Speaker 3: That's your opinion, right, that's your is my opinion?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm gonna start putting disclaimer at the beginning of the show. The opinions of this show are each of the own individual hosts. Norman Steel's opinion is not eights opinion. Eights opinion is not Norman Steeles. When last Malone say something crazy, it's not my opinion. It's his opinion, and I support it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Something work I'm saying to you is you don't think that that type of accusation and hip hop should be a little bit more thought after.
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: If you say Notorious b One came out with his mt MA sample before, that's cool, that's all you gotta say. But if you Notorious b One, listen, but if you start a legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because what are you trying to allege? You going? You're saying his name is notorious he had the sample. I'm not saying big did it, but.
Speaker 1: You are you are You are a professional rap You've been doing this for a long time. She's a professional rapper. Don't this sound kind of familiar?
Speaker 3: Jesus, you know how I mean these songs that I have that I recorded that about seven eight other artists have recorded to the same fucking song. I got a song right now, fucking drive by Miss Daisy. Main Source did the friendly Game of Baseball, same shiit, same sample, same motherfucking song breakdown. You know what people said, Oh, main Source used that sample too. They didn't say one of y'all stole it. They just said both of y'all got good ears because both of y'all picked it the good sound.
Speaker 1: And see, that's just something that's a coincidence.
Speaker 3: One Is it just a coincidence? Though?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Because why, in your opinion, have they stolen this dude ship? Why do you feel that because it sounded like it was all a dream. I used to read magazine, Brandy Game of Baseball sounds just like Drive by Miss Daisy. It comes on the same, it sounds the same. So why in your opinion did they steal this boy's identity?
Speaker 1: Why Puffy heard that dude stuff the demo cross.
Speaker 3: No proof of that. Though you have no proof of it, you're making Listen, you do what these other fake gass neves people do. You cannot do that, throw out stories because you want to throw them out. Have factuals on the hoard. No, no, we're not going to be doing hypotheticals well out there, well well well because now we look at you, we're looking like all the other mother and I told you this.
Speaker 2: We cannot do that unless.
Speaker 3: We're not going out story just because they sound good.
Speaker 1: You know, that's not what I'm doing. See. The thing is, this is what I say. His record was out a year before that, so your homework, so what he had his song?
Speaker 3: Now you would have to have the actual receipts saying Puff Daddy stole his whole identity. Without that, it's just your opinion. It's just.
Speaker 1: Still still you. You see, I haven't I haven't this.
Speaker 2: Big I did not you was going through this. I did not know.
Speaker 3: You're not just in Biggie smalls. But what you're falsifying accusations because you're turning around and saying, I don't think Puff, I don't think Biggie did it, but I think Puffy did it.
Speaker 2: And it's like you're on Puff because he's in prison. Yeah, he said he's already a bad person. You see what he's going through. You see how you threw that out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that that nigga Puffy did it. I'm telling you you.
Speaker 2: Puff has a history of still the music. I didn't never hear Puff stole records from people. When what's the other records?
Speaker 3: They said that and that, and we got to stop. We can't push that, we can't push that.
Speaker 1: Still.
Speaker 3: I'll give them damn. I said, stole the ship. So that's what we do.
Speaker 1: Then then when Biggie Dad he went to find a fake biggie, he went and put Shining there, told Shine to come and do some biggie stuff.
Speaker 2: You you, I think you need to end the pie bro. You you you you get.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: Delusion?
Speaker 2: Or you saying that crazy ship.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave it up to the public, y'all go check out Notorious.
Speaker 2: Be One, do your research. Checkout when you do the research.
Speaker 1: Why are you trying to stifle Notorious be One? Why you hating no One?
Speaker 2: No, it's not I'm not stifling him. I'm saying you should make a whole piece of you doing the homework versus you just throwing out some national I have.
Speaker 1: Been I have been investigating that dough show.
Speaker 2: Us, show us the email, Show us the proof that he sent it to upstairs record or to somebody in New York. Show us where he sent to that uptown records.
Speaker 3: He said, his records.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna read what he said before.
Speaker 2: We don't read what he said, go do the homework.
Speaker 3: Let me saying, I'm gonna ready.
Speaker 2: I did not know you was going through this. This nigga crazy.
Speaker 3: Still said nigga, we finish, get nigga. I'm just I'm just finish safeck it and that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna have my opinions about niggas and I'm gonna I'm gonna let I'm gonna set it off.
Speaker 1: This is what the rap game is, a cold world world. A rapper names and Notorious Big One. It's upset that he was ripped off. The game is dirty. I mean Notorious b One and he had a reported song called Big Daddy that did zero damn it. She was from Mississippi. This is a real song that use the same sample as Juicy, which was derived from the hit song Juicy Fruit by Him Toomey. Decades after the tragic end of Christopher Wallace. This song is making the rounds and the rappers talking. Basically, aggravations are here. He was ripped off. He was the Big Eat Smalls, the Big East Malls due to a lawsuit by Calvin Lockhart in nineteen ninety two, then became Notorious Big in ninety three. See one thing I will get Big on. I talked to the homie right, the homie DD say that Big got his name from a smoker. She used to call him big Hey, big Hey big, And that's when he became big.
Speaker 2: Everybody start calling them big, right, And you accused one of your homie's friends. And still in the song go ahead, I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Thought he got the name from that movie with Sidney Portier and Bill Cosby. And that's wh why they made him stop saying that, because there was a character in that movie.
Speaker 1: Called Biggie Smalls. He couldn't use Biggie Small no more Bigg's names of ego, big Popper. I know some of you have stuff under your nose to not smell it, But that's not going to change the fact that this is no coincidence. One similarity is one thing, but several along with missioning, the man stating the song and questions a bulls eye. Now I don't agree with that person down to the East Coast.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's not a bulls eye. Look, I get it. Everybody in hip hop feels like they have the most unique idea and how dare someone else sample the same record at them or have the same idea, even though notorys was a word that was really popularized at that time as certain things, right, I'm all least.
Speaker 1: What they said. Big is an amazing MC and this takes nothing away from that. He's a great without Juicy, Buffy, Stole and Ida and names that came from B one because he was desperate to win and the work.
Speaker 2: So here's a better question. Why did it not work for B One?
Speaker 1: This is what he said though. In ninety ninety three, I was signed to a small record label called Dragon Records in Golfport, Mississippi. I had a song that I wrote to M two men called Juicy Fruit. I wrote the song to the actual record and it was called Big Daddy, Big Daddy was the lead single off the Mississippi Dope Boys album that was released in September ninety two. It was released on the same day of Snoop Dogg's first album, Doggy Snouder. Dope Boy's album was made by two Golf Court rappers, Tilly Dee and myself, the Notorious Big One. Yeah, I had to name the song first. I know it might be hard to believe, but it is one hundred percent of truth. We was on the radio first and in the stores first. We sent packtages to all the major labels shopping for distribution. Just imagine my surprise when people started calling me saying they just seen my video. We was trying to get the truth out back then, but Puppy kept shutting us down and we left it alone. I'm not fat anymore than a lot has changed. But before I leave this big So, I want everybody to know the truth. I was the original Notorious Big One.
Speaker 2: Notorious Big One. I'm not saying none of that. I'm just saying that just in bad taste.
Speaker 1: So the man shouldn't say nothing. He just let it go home.
Speaker 3: I mean, you want to say nothing's going to happen today, So What do you want?
Speaker 2: What do you want? You want the credit for a record that you made that's not a hit record, I.
Speaker 3: Asks, niggas you talking about a nineteen ninety two, ninety three, it's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: What do you want thirty years?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: You want to probably be acknowledged.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you're not going to be for knowledge. So what do you want to be acknowledged for? What do you want to be acknowledged for that?
Speaker 2: You was the first person to saple him too? May you're not well?
Speaker 1: You know what, he probably wasn't the first person to do that. All I'm saying, man, it's a possibility.
Speaker 3: It's saying you don't think that this was what would like? I said, what's the end game? What do you want? What do you want to happen? You want the world to know that I was noty nigga. Biggie's dead, and and and Juicy came out thirty years ago, and so now today, because Puffy is going through his ship, I want to stand up today and go, he stole nothing.
Speaker 2: Shout out to not toys big one. But you know you got to have the second one, or the third one or the first one, like, that's just the game. We don't get to this. I don't get kind of this is where it gets tabloid is still cause it's like, why are we talking about a gossip colar. There's nothing that could happen about.
Speaker 1: This, Hey man, it was just news. It was something I saw that was intern.
Speaker 3: Ain't the goddamn newsacher, that's not news. That's that's that's controversial bullshit that we're throwing out there because it's not news because no one cares. It's not important, it's not sufficient, and it's not gonna do anything for hip hop.
Speaker 1: So it's not gonna do this before that, man, But hey, it is. I thought I thought it was a coincidence. You thought you thought of a coincidence.
Speaker 3: No, my nigga stills go, it's a good way to you know, it's a good way to blow smoke up nigga's ass because no, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Is not going to work because nobody is going to ever question Biggie. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think nobody cared. I think Biggie head. So Biggie's status is locked.
Speaker 2: Big One status ain't gonna be locked because he sampled in two mate, his record came out and it could have been a hit in the South.
Speaker 1: It's not hey, it is what it is. Man. Shout out to Notorious b One, Shout out to Biggie Smalls, Notorious.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to shout out big and puff. Now, you don't call it that man a thief. You didn't call these people thieves. Try to shot him out after you didn't missed them.
Speaker 1: We had to send to the homie rich and see what, Rick, You're the only rich you know what, man? See this is the funny is I don't had an episode in a long time because dudes, Man, we had a good time tonight. Man. We enjoy y'all sitting man. We appreciate y'all sitting up kicking with us, man as we shoot the bullshit and just have a little bit of fun. And we're gonna holler y'all next week. We gonna hold on y'all. Gotta stay
Speaker 3: H