Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Gig.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where to start with you and I because I feel like, fuck Kevin Bacon. It's like six degrees of GG and Tory. We have so many common denominators and links throughout the years that it's wild.
Speaker 1: We really do have so many connections, Like we have so many commonalities. We know so many similar people, so many similar circles. But I think base to base, like in person hanging out with you and I. It's only been like once or twice fourteen years ago with.
Speaker 2: My star or something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so for everyone out there, let's go back through our history. So I met you originally because my son Liam, our preschool that we went to, we started in the toddler program, so he was like, I don't know, young, like sixteen months and it.
Speaker 2: Was a whole new world for me.
Speaker 3: I was like a new mom, and I'm like, okay, I'm gonna make mom friends and this is my new chapter of my life. And your sister Laila was the first friend I made. Oh nice, and her daughter, Jordan, your niece, was Liam's first friend, and so she and I used to like we would sit there because I was like nervous. I came in and I felt like judged just because that's my own shit. But I was like, oh my god, is everyone looking at me weird? Do they hate me? Do they have preconceived notions? And we immediately connected and I was like, Okay, I like that mom, and so we became friends. They became friends, and yeah, she was like my best mom friend for so many years, all through preschool.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean I remember, I remember all the play dates. I remember anytime I would talk to my sister, you know, Jordan is playing you know, Tori's kids, and I was like, oh my gosh, they're you know, they're really close.
Speaker 2: Which is great.
Speaker 1: It's actually it's just very nostalgic as well, because we grew up, you know, watching you on TV. And then when you run into or your kids go to school with someone that you feel like you've known.
Speaker 2: For so long.
Speaker 1: And I get it now because I was on TV for so many years and like, the parents come up to me, they think they are already friends with me, you know, so but you were just you know, and it was just like wow, to Harry Spelling and then hearing how kind you are and how humble you are and how down to earth you are.
Speaker 2: It was very nice, well she was.
Speaker 3: She was great to me because yeah, I felt always felt judged, and she made me feel normal. Yeah, because yeah, we would be there like it was weird like people.
Speaker 2: First of all, like half the.
Speaker 3: Moms were too like conservative and square and and just like everything had to be like this way and that way. Yeah, and Leila and I were we were in our sweats and just like, oh we don't care, oh well, and we would just sit there and like gossip in the corner and be like the kids are fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's crazy. I don't have the energy for those type of moms. I can't be one of those. I'm just I go in pajamas. I did do drop off in pajamas. If I've been homeworking all day, I do pick up in pajamas. And that's just as good as I get for me. But you know, I love to volunteer. I love to do those kind of fun things at the school. But that's as much as it goes for me. And wait, your son is four. Now he's gonna be well, he's four and three quarters according to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's very important we throw that part in. But he'll be.
Speaker 3: Five on one.
Speaker 2: Five in April. He's just he's he's the best.
Speaker 3: And he now I won't say the name, but goes to the preschool.
Speaker 2: That we went to. Isn't that a small world? Yes? I love that school. I really do too.
Speaker 1: And you'd be so surprised the person, the woman in charge, is still running the place.
Speaker 2: She's still there.
Speaker 1: So when Layla comes with my niece Jordan from my son's school, things, it's just.
Speaker 2: It's such a small world. It's very nostalgia.
Speaker 3: Did they still have farming animals there?
Speaker 1: They still do, and they've made it even better. They've expanded, they've added more things.
Speaker 2: It's really cute.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over the years we had.
Speaker 3: Farm animals and then we didn't have farm animals, and that school, God blessed them. Anytime I was like, we're moving to a house in Hoa, we can't have farm animals. They took my animals. So a lot of my animals are still there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. I didn't know that, and I was, you know.
Speaker 3: The kids, like I know, like you know, your goats right now are not at home, but they're at school, and it was the only school that not that they had homework, but you know, as they got older in preschool, it was the only school that understood when I said the Goat ate their homework, like they were like, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably a true story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Oh my gosh, Okay. So when Shaw's of Sunset started, I was immediately like, first of all, great show, huge fan, huge fan.
Speaker 2: But I was really excited to watch because I was like.
Speaker 3: I know her, like well, I know her ish, I know her sister, you know, and that was like a big thing, like I felt a very like connective tissue watching and but none of that, like all that aside, Like I just always loved you because I loved your voice and your willingness. And I think at the time I found my voice now and everyone's like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, she says everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at the time I felt like very like, oh, it was a perception of my life and what it was, and I admired you because you just said it like it was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. I had to toot my own harm on that.
Speaker 1: But I always have felt I felt like I've always been a little bit ahead of everything in that happens in life. So I just feel like, now, thank god, we're living in this time where it's emphasized to speak up. It's emphasized to say what's on your mind, to talk about your feelings, to talk about mental health, to talk about anything that's happening to you as a woman, as a gay person, as a colored person. So I almost feel like, gosh, where the fuck is all have all you been?
Speaker 2: All these years?
Speaker 1: Like I've been doing this, but I was really culed for it, and now you guys are on my bandwagon.
Speaker 3: I feel your sister in so many ways ahead of your her. No, it's like is it ever going to be? But then it catches up like to me, like you're like, I don't know why I want to liken you to Paris Hilton, but I do. Except she was a certain personality but just as like massive interest and like everyone wanted to know what she was going to say, what she was doing. But you were like the opposite of her, like the polar opposite. Like it was like she was the angel, you were the devil but not really. And it's like, yeah, like where we Oh my gosh, imagine like if we could like go back in time, you're too young. But like if you were like in the nineties, like early two thousands, you'd be president.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta tell you, I really don't want to go back to those pause.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go back.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's a reason why I'm so outspoken and so in your face and you know, capable of doing that was because I grew up in a way that made me conditioned to have to be, you know, enforceful if I want to talk or if I want to get my message across.
Speaker 2: And it's just as a mom now I get it.
Speaker 1: Everything trickles back to how you're raised and if you're heard in your house and if you are.
Speaker 2: Nurtured in your house. So I don't want to go back to those crazy days.
Speaker 1: I'm really happy for my journey and God bless reality TV because I've been in therapy my whole life.
Speaker 2: But nothing is as therapeutic.
Speaker 1: As watching yourself on TV year after year, just changing and changing and evolving.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like you have videos of your therapy, se diary, right, radio diary, dire life, and you're like, Okay, here's me evolving, Okay, here's me slipping back down.
Speaker 2: And here I am again.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm like I always would say that, and I think people probably thought I was really strange? Is reality TV? To me was cathartic. It was my out. I couldn't speak up for myself, but I felt a comfort, Like when I did True Torri when my husband we had a whole infidelity scandal. I people were like, are you really filming this? And I was like, I can't speak up for myself, but I feel this safety when the camera crews are there that.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think the crew, they the production in general.
Speaker 1: They are the pen. You know, they're the pen. The show is the notebook and you are using. They're helping you write your personal story. So I really I loved it. It was very good therapy. But I think for a reality show, number one to be good and number two for you to gain.
Speaker 2: Therapeutic aspects out of it, you have.
Speaker 1: To be fully just transparent, vulnerable to the process, and open.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna get talked shit about. Everyone's gonna troll you.
Speaker 1: Whether you're none or you're you know, whore, It doesn't matter what you do, they're gonna hate you.
Speaker 2: It's so true. Do you feel like you're polarizing.
Speaker 1: I think that I allowed my audience to have a form of consistency when it came to my personality. It wasn't just a seasonal thing. It wasn't just a one story thing.
Speaker 2: It's just who I was.
Speaker 1: And I think by being me, it just now gives me this platform to continue to be me, not trying to fit any societal you know, expectations or norms or anything. And when I look at my social media and stuff like that, the differences between for instance, me and maybe other castmates or other people on reality shows, they get a lot of hate.
Speaker 2: They get a lot of like you're so pretty, or you're so ugly, or you're so this. I'm not even kidding you.
Speaker 1: If you look at my comments, it's just thank you for this. You've taught me this, and you know, you always so honest, You've always kept it real.
Speaker 2: And it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm like, Wow, now I'm at a point where I can really kind of have an impact maybe with my words, because I feel like now people are listening. You know, I came out with cannabis a million years ago before anyone was doing this.
Speaker 2: It was not a thing. You know, I beat everyone to the punch.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, you know, advertisers are not ready to promote these things on TV because you know, the scheduling, it's a federal substance, it's state by state.
Speaker 2: And then every Bravo.
Speaker 1: Housewife wanted to come out with CBD, wanted to do this, wanted to do that, ozempic, craze.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if I did.
Speaker 1: Not set off a whole storm of people coming out with ozempic, you know, that was awesome. Having a donor child. I got very ridiculed for that one. That was a tough one, you know, being so super ridiculed to now seeing how it's just becoming more and more and more normal for women or men to say, I'm doing this on my own.
Speaker 2: I can do it on my own.
Speaker 3: It's almost like you were the learning curve for everybody. Yeah, and it couldn't have been easy, Like I'm sure there's so much that you had to deal with and repress and go through and maybe not repressed. But like the fact that it all comes it's cyclical, all comes back around now everything like you're pointing out that you have done in the past. Everyone's like, yes, we support, we support, but at the time, like I know what this is. Like, it's hard to balance that shame when you want to be authentic and you know what you want and you're going to do it anyway, but it's like everyone's just like no.
Speaker 2: Right, right, That's what I guess at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: That's just what being real. And I use quotes when I say, but that's what being real is. It's just staying consistent.
Speaker 2: To who you are or who your soul and heart is. That is so true.
Speaker 3: And that's I struggle with this all the time personally of like finding me and being me and still kind of pigeonholed of what I was conditioned my whole you know, nine or two when I was started when I was sixteen, condition of what I was supposed to be, Like I played the good girl, like I was the virgin, like I'm not supposed to publicly have a voice, and then one day it's like, oh my god, she has a big voice.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's like, did you have that same concept where your character, for instance, on Beverly Hills nine o two on zero, you felt like you had to be that person at all times because that's what they expected of you. Yes, you didn't try to say I'm trying to prove that I'm the opposite I'm when you do press or media or events, it was you were Donna Martin.
Speaker 3: I really didn't, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. I was born into that world through my dad. It was like, so first I was Aaron's daughter, and I was always kind of on display publicly. So it was I picked up from a young age, like I represent my parents. They never told me this, but being five, I knew everyone's looking at my dad, you know, and they know who I am, so I have to be a certain way. And then that just kept going. And then all of a sudden, I'm playing America's most famous virgin, and it's like, oh, she's the good girl and everyone's looking up to her. So I wait a minute.
Speaker 2: First of all, you had a little bit of.
Speaker 1: A bitch before you were America's virgin on one of my favorite movies of absolute all time, True Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I did. I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was fourteen. You were a little bitch, I know, And that was so hard. I only had like what two or three lines, but I was like, I was like still, then I was like, oh my gosh, here was this Beverly Hills girl. Like it was my first like acting job. It wasn't my dad's thing. I was like thrown out into the wilderness and I was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be the tough girl bitch, and I was like, no, I'm actually just the Beverly Hills girl.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see into the pill That's where I feel comfort.
Speaker 2: How here, how here? That's interesting. Yeah, I guess that's the case.
Speaker 1: When you go on TV, film, movies, reality, it's just society paints this picture and you you kind of get stuck sometimes.
Speaker 3: But lucky enough, like you became famous being you right, being real right, with a.
Speaker 1: Lot of a lot of penalties attached to it, though, a lot of ridicule, a lot of judgment, and you know, just mean people. There's a lot of mean people in this world. And it's not anything new.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it just doesn't change, and that's.
Speaker 3: Never going to change. And see, we see it happening with our kids. I mean, my kids are older. We'll see the bullying starts early.
Speaker 2: It does, it does.
Speaker 1: And I think that the more and more technology progresses, the more physically disconnected humans get, the more easier it is to hurt people because you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Be there to watch what you've done. You know, it's kind of like war. Before you there was a front line and you were you know, damaged from that.
Speaker 1: But now it's just a push of a button. So it's kind of just hurting people from afar.
Speaker 2: It's so true. Oh my gosh, where did this fucking conversation just go all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Sure, we just got like super intellectual look at the big brains on us. Guys, we're doing a therapy show.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I'd rather just talk sex toys with you, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can do a lot of that.
Speaker 1: I have, actually, interestingly enough, right before this phone call Dennis, which is my ex boyfriend, which you know.
Speaker 3: Your ex husband, we've talked about this. I'm not understanding the timeline, but keep going, girl.
Speaker 2: There it's not good. It's not good.
Speaker 1: It's not There is no timeline. It didn't go in any order. It was fused, and it was a lot of lies and bullshit and betrayal. But you know it is. He's my business partner. That's all he is to me from here on out. He will never be anything out a friend to me. I will never call him my ex anymore. He's just my business partner. We have Intimately Gigi, and we make really good sex toys for pleasure women.
Speaker 3: And I'm coming out you do make really good sex toys. I'll tell you the story behind this in a second. Okay, go on.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I have to send you everything.
Speaker 1: And we just launched nipple covers three different shades, so I want to get a little bit more broad in the intimacy level, just not just sexuality, but just body and you know all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I'll send everything to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I'm a big like I should have like fuck mad men, it should have been mad Toy. Like I am brilliant when it comes to marketing. I should be like a marketing coach for people. So if you want to pass any ideas, because Intimately great name, because you're right, it goes way beyond sex toys, like you can go expand into anything that's intimate that people love it being.
Speaker 1: Could be any intimacy. I'm now secretly which is keep.
Speaker 2: Parts of a secret.
Speaker 1: We are working on a brand new product which will be catering to men.
Speaker 2: So I'm really anxious.
Speaker 1: About this one because it's a very popular thing that it's very popular in stores.
Speaker 2: For men and cockering. It's growed out, have been so easy to come out with. No, it's it's you're on the right track.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, wait, tell me we can play this kid game like cool hot warmer.
Speaker 2: I would. It would require molding of stuff.
Speaker 3: Happening, molting, like, wait, are we a mold mold? Oh, a mold of a penis?
Speaker 2: But it's for men. It's I'm doing it for men me personally.
Speaker 1: It's something personal I'm giving.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing you need?
Speaker 1: You need to put that label down copyright. You're on the right, You're on the right.
Speaker 2: Shock though.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so we won't see what it is, but oh my god, I'm fascinating.
Speaker 2: We'll see it soon. We'll see it soon. It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Everyone pussy and men can never leave the house again. They don't have to because they could just right. I mean, they master I feel like men masturbrate some many times a day. They I don't know how they get through their day or go out or like get things done. But that's why women get everything done, uh, because we can think for ourselves and them.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to do.
Speaker 4: I had a really cool idea to put a special secret QR code inside that box and there will be a very risque.
Speaker 1: Video of me so they can enjoy the product while watching me.
Speaker 3: Wait, does the QR code like you how on your phone? You like take a picture?
Speaker 2: If you buy a code inside and then.
Speaker 3: You link, so then it so when they ejaculate, does it stimulate the QR code?
Speaker 2: Gg?
Speaker 1: Where were you and I needed to start marketing right? Oh my god, my god, we need that.
Speaker 2: Though. That's a great idea. That's good. I'll pitch that.
Speaker 3: Are you coming out with loop?
Speaker 2: Do you have loop? I don't have any Loop?
Speaker 1: I don't, But that's also a great idea to come out with loop. I just feel like so many people have so many sensitivities.
Speaker 2: And skin and this and that. I get a little nervous about stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But oh, I hear you on that one.
Speaker 2: I have everything, though, I have Lord.
Speaker 1: I think we have like seven or eight products now for women different toys.
Speaker 2: You have twelve? Do I have twelve? You have twelve? Oh my god, Oh my god. Did a deep dive. Oh my god. It's doing well. So there you go. It's doing well.
Speaker 3: Phenomenally.
Speaker 1: Well, it's doing well, and so we just keep coming out with new products and it's fun. I mean, it's interesting because sex will always exist. And like we were just saying a couple of minutes ago, the more you know, technology and more advance we get with just times.
Speaker 2: Women are more independent. Women are now.
Speaker 1: Bosses, their CEOs, their owners. They're running a side said boxes. First, they don't.
Speaker 2: Need a man in order to get off. They don't want to have the bomb. They need a quick you know, or like vibration. Three you know what I mean, I do know what you mean.
Speaker 3: And eventually, I mean, look, you didn't sperm donor like hello, But we don't want to make them extinct because they're fun. We don't want to make the useful.
Speaker 2: They're good body heat, Oh.
Speaker 3: They do stay warm?
Speaker 1: Yeah they two, they too, but toy. I didn't have sex for almost seven years, so up until last year, last.
Speaker 2: Like May or June, a conscious decision.
Speaker 1: Not well in the beginning, so I got I went through a year and a half of e yeah to get pregnant. The first one it ruptured and I lost both my filopian tubes.
Speaker 2: So immediately I waited to healed.
Speaker 1: Three months later, I was pregnant again and I had my son right when COVID started. So then we go into two years of lockdown. I have this new well you know what I mean. I didn't want to expose him, and then it was just like, how do I date?
Speaker 2: How does this work? How do you do things? Everything? Swiping?
Speaker 1: And I've never done online stuff, so I'm like, I just felt uncomfortable. I didn't wanted to want to go out. I wanted to be with my kid. I fell awkward and so it just wasn't happening for me. And I'm psychiosexual, so I need to get mentally stimulated to have sex.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I was going to say, can you clarify that for our Yes.
Speaker 1: I'm turned on by brains like people's minds, so I don't have like a particular physical type.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Wait, Okay.
Speaker 3: When I said can you clarify that for our listener, I meant for me and I was trying to be cool. Ask him for a friend.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows what it means, nobodys.
Speaker 3: I think you just defined what I am.
Speaker 2: There. You go see everyone says that they're like, oh my god, is that what it's called it's about the brain.
Speaker 3: I'd rather be turned on by the brain.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, say it again. It's s a p io sexual.
Speaker 3: No, shoot, there's no tea in there. I can't put my name and I put my name into everything. Okay, I'll share it out later.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's How did.
Speaker 3: You come to know this?
Speaker 1: Because at one point I started thinking that I was polyamorous, and I realized because I don't have jealousy in my body, I don't have I don't care about sex. Is not a symbol of faith to me because I'm a mental person. For me, cheating on me, Like if you're emotionally invested in someone else, now I feel cheated on. But if we are having a conversation and you find someone attractive, and guess what I'm If I'm not doing it for you, or if I'm busy or if i'm traveling, I don't have a problem if he wants to hook up or get his deck sucked or something like that. So I was like reading all these things like what makes a person like this, and polyamory came.
Speaker 2: Up and I was like, Oh, maybe that's what I am.
Speaker 1: But then I realized it's not polly because I don't want to have multiple boyfriends. I just want to have one boyfriend and I want to be his only girlfriend. And I just want there to be an understanding of who I am and who he is, which is just impossible because I want space and relationships.
Speaker 2: I want a lot of space.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, is it possible we were twins in another lifetime. I'm not sure what's.
Speaker 2: Cheating space when you have so many kids.
Speaker 1: You are banging your husband a lot to make that happen. Sorry, I was that was no space.
Speaker 2: Space.
Speaker 3: But for me, I think I'm still I'm fifty one and I'm trying to figure this out now as a single mom of five, like suddenly not married, and I'm like, what is going on? Who am I? Because I think from a young age being on TV and being sexualized, I guess you know, that was my self worth was if I you know, if a guy thinks I'm pretty or he likes my body. And it was the nineties, so there wasn't you know, no one's calling hr. There wasn't oh my gosh, that's inappropriate kind of anything went. No one knew and you know, we had a young cast and good looking guys and girls and there was no blurred. It all blurred, like you know, walking onto that set, you were like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: If the boys went up and were like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I would always wear like belly shirts they called the time crop tops, and the boys would be like telling everyone else like, look, oh my gosh, look how tiny her waist is, and I'd be like, oh yeah, yeah, you know, and showing like people, I can put my hands right around her waist. Well, if they didn't do that or make a comment about my boobs, I was like, oh, something wrong with me, like, and it wasn't inappropriate. We were all good friends. No one knew. We all grew up together on TV and very young promiscuous, like we're all sexually you know, like excited, and we didn't know. And so that carried on through my whole life, thinking I had to be pretty, not use my brain, not you know, be funny. But it's like all of a sudden, it took years for me to realize, well, Okay, I'm pretty, I have a good body like whatever, but I'm also really smart and if someone doesn't stimulate me that way, I'm kind of not there.
Speaker 2: But it's still.
Speaker 3: Blurs going back and forth because I still have that need, especially for social media. Yeah, I go down the rabbit hole and seeing.
Speaker 2: Everybody post all their gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Pictures and how hot they look, and I'm like, am I supposed to be that?
Speaker 2: Am I just supposed to be brilliant?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually I'm creating an app right now which you're gonna love it. It's it's a dating app, but it's very specialized. It's very specific. It's there's never been anything like this. I'm out there, so I'm really excited about this. I'm in the creative phase. I'm putting my team together right now.
Speaker 2: But it's hard. It's really hard. Can I be the beta? Yeah, the beta.
Speaker 3: I'll be your guinea pig, Like, just let me me test it. So I've never done dating apps that I used to be like, that's so funny swipe because at the end of the day, if you don't put a picture one of those dating apps, no one looks at you.
Speaker 2: They swipe. So it's just saying, this is very surface.
Speaker 1: So I want to go beyond that, and I'm designing something that it's not. It's just I can't even say anything right now. But it's just going to go beyond that because we are a world right now where.
Speaker 2: It's called woke. Right, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's woke world, and I like cooks, think so, and then I can't deal with the word woke.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The more face app and face tune and these things exist, and the more we use them, because we all do. The more we use them.
Speaker 2: There's also a larger desire.
Speaker 1: For more realness on the opposite end, because now we're craving more natural people be like, look at that, that's a natural beauty, as if it's one of the eighth wonders of the world, you know, think her boob, centered her nose and look at that. Like, I don't know anyone who hasn't had everything done. You know, I've had everything done.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's but you see the statistics. I read a lot. I read from morning tonight.
Speaker 1: So the statistics are showing that people want a different type of interaction now. They're tired of swiping, they want more in person chemistry vibes.
Speaker 2: So it's just I.
Speaker 1: Think we are there, and you're getting there now you're learning that that's who you are, you know. I feel like this has always been who I was. But I'm also coming from the eighties, nineties, two thousands, where if a woman said she doesn't want to be married or doesn't believe in marriage, they think either she's a lesbian of some sort or something must be wrong with her, she must have been heartbroken of something. And she was like, nothing, neither. I just I want a partnership. I want someone to vibe with. I want to be the boss of my home. Though I want my child to be mine, I don't need to have that. I just want a dude that can be my dude, my friend, and we do all that relationship stuff. So I went this route. I had a donor. I got married once for seven weeks for a certain reason, and got married again for one week for another reason. You know it's wait, you were married before, Dennis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was married for seven weeks. How did I miss this girl? His name is Shaloon.
Speaker 1: We were married for seven weeks and I filed and it was a long, dreadful divorce process, very long.
Speaker 2: He was really upset with me, so he dragged it.
Speaker 3: But and not believing in marriage is what I'm hearing, Like, what made you decide to marry him?
Speaker 1: Schalem needed something, he needed some help with something, and we were in a relationship. It was like, you know, I'm picking up what you're putting down. Okay, yeah, so you know I was like okay, but then it turned into immediately my wife, my wife, my wife, you're my marriage. WHOA, that's not what I signed up for.
Speaker 3: So file I think I said once in my podcasts and people were kind of that I don't know if I believe in monogamy, but not monog I like to start now on this. My friend calls me Tory two point zero. I'm just like learning about life, but redefining words that have been taught to us and defined and like, oh, you can google that, here's what it means. It's like, okay, that's what it. Who told us I'm supposed to mean that? Why don't we take words and make it work for us. So I'm not saying I don't believe in just being with one partner. I do, like I don't want to be with different partners. But I guess it led me back to the whole connotation of marriage. And I feel like I see so many relationships that are so good and then they fall apart once the they say that I do is they signed that paper, and.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I mean, I really don't understand it. It's it's I don't understand the concept of marriage. You know, it used to be to form you know, treaties and combine power and land when we were in caveman kind of shit and ruling dynasties and those eras where you know, the king of this country wanted to unite with the king of this country, so they married their kids to unite.
Speaker 2: Marriage was a business deal, always, always.
Speaker 1: But now it's turned into well, for a while, I would say, up until the last five ten years, it turned into if you're not married, something's wrong. You're supposed to get married. You go to school, if you go to college, you get a job.
Speaker 2: You get married, you have kids, and then you die. Like that was life. That was the story.
Speaker 3: I mean, I did all of that except oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time to live. It's time to live because there's a whole world out there that you know, you can do it in any order you want. You don't have to even be a part of the order if you don't want. I'm not talking about being radical, that's a different level, but I mean, if you want to be married, get married. If it means something to you and it does your partner, do it. But don't expect marriage the concept to become this ruling power of love and unity forever.
Speaker 2: Nothing's forever nothing.
Speaker 3: Right now, What do you think of the word emasculating.
Speaker 2: I think I'm very good at it.
Speaker 3: Emasculation another form of ejaculation another male like. It's just I've spent my whole life trying to make men not feel emasculated to my own demise that. It's like whether relationship with a partner, whether business, and it sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that must suck. I was never like that fucked out, Sorry, but I could never.
Speaker 1: I think you are masculating a man by trying to not emasculate him, because you are just robbing him of actual strength and power by thinking you're giving him that.
Speaker 2: Giving him power is by showing him who you.
Speaker 1: Are, because saying this is what you chose, because that's what you're capable of having. Here, I am, this is my strength. See how capable you are of having me.
Speaker 2: That's how I.
Speaker 1: Consider a man like you are lucky to have me in your life. I'm going to make you better.
Speaker 3: Can you be my life coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah, join my tech t put.
Speaker 3: A QR code on that if you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was just always like, but men always are like, uh, you're not doing it to me, But I feel emasculated if you're more successful than them.
Speaker 1: That's such a cheesy, man, What does success have to do with your manhood?
Speaker 2: I get it. For a long time, men.
Speaker 1: Felt the need to have to be the provider and the caretaker.
Speaker 2: And that's okay. In certain places. I allow that because as far as our species goes, our species is led.
Speaker 1: Man is more powerful than woman is physically, So in those things, I do.
Speaker 2: Allow a man to feel like he's more physically capable.
Speaker 1: In certain things because truth of this, I may not be able to open the jar, and sometimes I might be able to, and I'm like, honey, can you open this warm? Because I know that that's going to make him feel like he's strong, he's.
Speaker 2: Taking care of me. You know. Those things I'm okay with. But that's as fire as it goes.
Speaker 1: I'm very I'm a Sagittarius, so I'm a very logical person. If I'm having sex with a guy, I'm going to leave.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go home. Right after.
Speaker 1: I don't want to cuddle right away. I want to kind of just my space. I want to do my thing. Thank you for the evening. I'm not upset, you know if I don't get text messages or I don't get a callback, and you don't need to say I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I understand life happens, you don't.
Speaker 1: You know it's okay. I either make a choice that yes, this works for me, or no it doesn't, and I walk away my questions for you.
Speaker 2: I could talk to you all day night. I'm like a robot that Tori.
Speaker 1: I tell you any man way me is will tell you. It's not I'm not a heart this, I'm full of it heart. I just am logical.
Speaker 2: That's all. Vulnerable though I can't be.
Speaker 1: I think when I'm in a in a situation where a man allows me to be fully in my feminine, I can finally be vulnerable.
Speaker 3: You know, that's exactly it. When a man allows you to be in your feminine.
Speaker 1: It's hard because a man himself has to be so masculine that he enters his feminine in order for a woman to enter hers. So when I am in those situations, oh my gosh, I turn into this most incomfident little baby that I want to just feel safe and nurtured.
Speaker 2: And but it's very rare. It happens, but it's rare, But I would like that. And until I find a.
Speaker 1: Mae who can make me feel that way, I just stay single, keep dating.
Speaker 2: I don't date though, How do you fucking date in this city?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know either, I don't know. And at fifty one and suddenly, like, after being in a relationship for twenty years, I'm like, your relationship.
Speaker 2: Was rocky right throughout. You guys had ups and downs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole time, a lot of a lot of passion. You know what I got to say, parenting And this is where you got it right, Like parenting was the biggest to ruining our relationship. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: The kids were the.
Speaker 3: Greatest part of our relationship because we did. We created five beings out of love and passion.
Speaker 2: We really did.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly when we had to parent them and things you never discussed before marriage, parenting styles, or maybe you don't even know you have different parenting styles. I feel like that should be if you're going to be on an app, it should be like, and you have kids, you should be like, what's your parenting style? Because it's just I don't know. I don't know if we can ever stay with the man we create humans with, right, because it changed our relationship and we were those types that we were like, we want kids so badly together and we were both like we were both married before and he had kids, I didn't, and I we were just like, I don't want our relationship to change, and.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: The moment I got pregnant, everything changed.
Speaker 1: That's interesting when pregnancy change not from having the child.
Speaker 3: Correct, because the moment I found out I was pregnant, I changed.
Speaker 2: Ah, there it is.
Speaker 3: And he didn't even know he was doing this, but you know, the shift happened.
Speaker 2: He was my world.
Speaker 3: The focus was on him, and as soon as my new world was being created within me, I was all about that baby. And it's just the dynamics slowly.
Speaker 1: Isn't safe to say I mean without being mean or anything.
Speaker 2: But would it be safe to say the narcissist.
Speaker 1: If the tension shifted onto something else that wasn't on him anymore?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But here's what.
Speaker 3: I've come to learn about narcissists.
Speaker 1: They come in different and sizes. There's extreme ones, there's regular ones.
Speaker 3: And there's like so many differ If you look up narcissism, there's so many different types of narcissists. Like there's five I think main types, and the kindest human might fall into like I don't know if it's called emotional narcissist or something.
Speaker 2: But it's I don't know. And then are we to say or do we? Are we all a little bit narcissistic.
Speaker 3: Like in some way to a degree because we think of narcissism, we're like, oh my god, it's somewhat horrible and bad, and it's like.
Speaker 2: No, but I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Something that's always said in psychology is that the person who wonders if they are narcissist is usually not. Oh, if you internally wonder if you are, not externally with conversations, I wonder I'm a narcissist. No, no, no, But if you actually wonder like I'm a narcissist because I did that, that means typically you're probably not, and you're just thinking of yourself in a better form and you've placed boundaries. A lot of people confuse boundaries and self worth and value with narcissism.
Speaker 2: But when you, like you said, you took attention.
Speaker 1: And all of that away immediately, and it went onto this human you're creating and your tummy.
Speaker 2: And now he's deprived.
Speaker 1: You know, this thing you were nurturing, this human you were taken care of and giving that attention to, and is now feeling this deprivation.
Speaker 2: So it just comes differently, I guess. So we went on and had four.
Speaker 3: More, right, and I think what never talked about this with anyone. I think if we had to really think about it, perhaps our connection really was it was sexual. It was wow nice, which is odd because again, what am I now? I'm a what's the word?
Speaker 2: I said? Po sexual? S A p io sabio.
Speaker 3: I'm a sapio sexual. Yes, Hi, I'm Torrian, I'm a sapio sexual.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tari, welcome with that press fuckers