Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star in Frisco, puts six segments, dot tsis any today? Touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC Studios.
Speaker 1: Welcome in, everybody. We've got the full cast and crew ready to rock for you.
Speaker 4: After the Cowboys improved to three and two with their twenty to seventeen win over the Steelers. Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand Back, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: Guys, I've got to start the show with some incredible news.
Speaker 1: Incredible news, No, not that kind. It would be awesome news, but no, no, no, no uh six no no no no no uh.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones just talked about it on the fan. We'll talk about some of the football stuff that he's got, but you guys all know you guys are wrestling fans.
Speaker 1: Isaiah is a fan of Seattle. I'm a racing fan, Yes you are. I'm a big fan of racing. You know.
Speaker 4: I am so pumped that the Indiecar Series has announced the Arlington Grand Prix and it's it's in direct, direct partnership with the Cowboys, and I am geeking about it.
Speaker 1: It is so cool. And I've called indie races before.
Speaker 4: I've called three indie races back at text Motor Speedway.
Speaker 1: I've been around it.
Speaker 4: So by the way, if you need any money, the shoot mcgav gesture that you get fine, shoot those violent gester, oh, violent gesture.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but uh yeah.
Speaker 4: You know room, Okay, I'll do that instead of a violent gesture. But yeah, really excited about that. They're gonna announce that today at ten am. Jerry said he's not getting on the helicopter to go straight to Arling.
Speaker 5: That must be nice.
Speaker 4: But the uh, very very cool and I'm excited. That's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 5: Did you see the mock ups?
Speaker 1: Man, dude, I can't wait for the full track layout.
Speaker 5: I see him, I'll pull them up.
Speaker 1: They're pretty cool. They're pretty incredible. I spent yesterday.
Speaker 4: I spent yesterday like actually going on Google Maps and trying to map out a two point seventy three meters or mile circuit like myself, to see what it would look like.
Speaker 1: Look at that. It's pretty sweet. It's incredible.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's exciting. Yeah, it's gonna make me be very exciting as a fellow gear hit and racing guy.
Speaker 5: That that is phenomenal and not to I don't know if we can talk about this. Do you think that leads into other opportunities for racer in the area.
Speaker 6: Absolutely you got to do is show the international community one time that you can do something like that. There's no Las Vegas. It's no different from the soccer world.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 6: If your shows was bad, it was, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Still they were racing on the strip. Now it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 6: There are people who may or may not already treat those streets as if they're you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's always there though, it's always we're in here. Let's talk about Jerry Jones and some of the other things he said. He gave some really good stuff injury reports. A couple of different guys down the line for the Cowboys to take a look at even a reported workout.
Speaker 1: That was asked about.
Speaker 6: Indeed, he walked the line a bit on all of the ines. And we'll start with the workout though, So the Cowboys will work out wide receiver Denzel Mimes for ye of the Carolina Panthers. He's expected to work out today for the Cowboys or be worked out today for the Cowboys. Uh sounds based on some conversations I've had and hearing Jerry Jones that it's more of a tire kicking thing. They just want to check up on some available free agents right to see what their status might be going forward. If they should, you need to circle back. I would say that if the workout goes well, and if they choose to bring him in, it's a practice squad signing because obviously you're without Brandon Cooks right now.
Speaker 1: I hear that too.
Speaker 6: She's get it together, try and get it together.
Speaker 1: If things wasn't me, it wasn't if things.
Speaker 6: Work out with Denzel Mems today or soon, I anticipated as a practice squad signing. You got Brandon Cooks on I R and you just need another body there, right, So we're coming off of the Jaalen Tobert Legacy game. You still need to see and Cavanti Turpin was turned up, right, you still need to see Ryan Flinoyd get turned up. So if the zel Denzel Melmbs makes Denzel Membs makes his way into the building, look at it for a practice.
Speaker 5: Five times fast.
Speaker 6: Not even going to try going to the injury or, I should say the injury news, the Cowboys and Marshawn Kneelan are expected to be without each other for several weeks. Marshawn Knielon did have his knee scoped. Bad news with a silver lining. The bad news is is he'll likely be out anywhere from four to eight weeks depending on who you talk to. He is having his knee scoped today Tuesday. It is to trim some meniscus that he had a slight tear in. Yeah, so he's gonna be a prime candidate for IR. I think the corresponding move for him will be karl Lawston because Carlaston is now out of elevations, so that just makes sense.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: The silver lining though, is it is not a season ending injury, which would have been absolutely devastating for a Cowboys defensive line that is already without Sam Williams for the year and DeMarcus always for several weeks. So depending on how quickly Lawrence and Kneeling heel up, they might be returning at the same time. Michael Parsons is quote unquote iffy for this week against the Detroit Lions. Per Jerry Jones on one oh five three of the Fan, I think it's a lot less than if he just based on some conversations I'm having. Is it zero percent chance? No, it's not that low yet. Michael is going to try to get back. He's going to do what he can this week. If you're looking at calendar days, it'll be it's over two weeks right now from when he suffered the injury, So there's a chance. So you're slinging there's a chance, there is a chance. I just wouldn't, you know, if I were a betting man, and I'm not Roger, So if I were a betting man, violent gestures.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 6: I would not anticipate Michel playing against the Lions, especially with the bye week coming thereafter, right. I think he's a San Francisco kind of guy. Right now, let's see who else.
Speaker 4: And that's not necessarily surprising to see because you have that bye week as your safety net, you have that as your.
Speaker 1: Kind of all encompasses it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he's ready to go, but he's going to play seventy five percent of what he normally could be, why not get him back at one hundred and guarantee he he's back at one hundred, so he doesn't play at seventy five percent the rest of.
Speaker 1: This all right.
Speaker 6: It also it gives you because you can't replace Michael, but it does give you some confidence in seeing how some of those role players were able to step up against the.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: So maybe they can keep the ship afloat for at least one more week. Detroit's going to be a hell of a hell of a gut check though. Tyler Goydon so some good news there on the health front. He was listed as day to day by Mike McCarthy on yesterday. Jerry Jones said today that they're gonna basically see how the week goes. But Gydon gen has a chance, a really good chance actually if playing against the Detroit Lions, So we'll see how they play that. Deron Bland, his practice window has not been activated quite yet, that twenty one day practice window. I personally would put deron Bland as at as close to zero percent chance of playing against the Lions as you possibly could. I think that at best, at best, they activate his window on Wednesday. But that's at best in my opinion. If they do anything more than that, if he takes the field against the Lions, I'll take a bite out of my mech.
Speaker 1: Let's see Mike.
Speaker 5: Lenovo the Lenovo.
Speaker 6: No, I was, I was saying big Mac like, yeah, yeah, they are big best, like from Burger from talking.
Speaker 5: About the big Man from Wa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is me, that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Hamburger from Water Burger's.
Speaker 1: No, seriously, we're really good at this thing.
Speaker 5: We take a bite of my black Rifle coffee and there.
Speaker 6: We go, big mix ruffle Michaeh micah is if we talked about that.
Speaker 1: So for the most part, that's where we are.
Speaker 6: With the injuries and the work out, with the films and uh yeah, talking Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Talking talking Tuesday, give us a call.
Speaker 6: Seven, uh play some bits.
Speaker 4: Gosh, it's it's daunting the fact that and Mike McCarthy was asked about it. Jerry Jones was asked about it. It's daunting to see that list because it's just every week it's more guys that are being added on to it. And I think you go into this matchup and I put out the tweet the other day where it was like, no Micah, no d Law.
Speaker 1: No Cooks, no whatever. You lost your top two draft picks.
Speaker 4: You lost both your first and second round draft pick in the same half, same game, and you had to make an adjustment. You somehow won the game. But does that lead to longevity and durability moving forward?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Put you in a hamstrung situation from an organization.
Speaker 5: Quite literally. Yeah, it feels that way and it but it also feels that you know, no one else really cares. You know, the team that's gonna play you doesn't care that you have guys that are out. They're not gonna pull up. They're not gonna pull anybody this week, especially this team. So you're gonna have to galvinize and get it together and play really well no matter who it is. And I liked what Mike Zimmer said about the depth behind those players, the depth behind the defensive ends yesterday when he said, you know, these guys are here for a reason. Yeah, they're they're backup so that they're on this team for a reason and they can play the position. So I'm excited for the opportunity for these guys, But then again, I'm not necessarily excited about the foreseeable future when it comes to you know, of course, having Micah out dal Law out, it's it's tough, man, but you like what we saw in Pittsburgh. You gotta see him, Galvin, iiz and come back. I found it funny, though, Isaiah, when we're talking about the meniscus the scope and you were like, yeah, I had that. I feel like so often Yeah, yeah, it's funny how often that comes up, I mean, And how tough it is just to be an NFL player at that caliber. I mean, that's that's insane to me. And the fact that you've had so many of the instances where you've been on this show and you're like, yeah, yeah, did that be there?
Speaker 1: Not good?
Speaker 8: No, I understand that. Yeah, I told my ladder on meniscus. You guys remember when the indoor facility collapsed. Oh yeah, so you know obviously it was a bad, bad incident, right. I wasn't there because I was it was Ricky Mini camp. So I was actually on driving home at the time that actually happened occur. But following that, obviously that whole area was shut down, right, they had to clean up that whole field. Practice fields, well, we had to move to Carrollton High School. I think it was for practice. Well they had AstroTurf. So when we were out there doing OTA's running down on kick off, doing drills and stuff, I went to go break down on kick out of my feest on my knee.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the heck was that?
Speaker 8: Like one of those things was like you know that was it feel good?
Speaker 1: You know at all? Something okay?
Speaker 8: So it feels it felt weak and unstable. And I finished the day and then I went back and I talked to gym and Britain. I was like, hey, man, like this thing is not it's not feeling good, it's not feeling stable, right, it just feels like not secure. Somethings loosen there. And then when I got home from practice, that thing just bo just ballooned up. We went in got MRI tore my ladder of moniscus. So that was it's an easy surgery. They go in, they clean it up, they see exactly how much of a teiar you have, see if anything needs to be suitured up or anything.
Speaker 1: But it's really like a it's kind of like a.
Speaker 8: Little like a soft washer, you know, kind of like the inside of your shower head. Now it has like that little soft wall, it's like that, right, and it gets us it gets a little little slit in it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: So now that whole little capsule that's supposed to your your need is supposed to move within, gets torn.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: So now it's not as secure. So it's still functional, but it's.
Speaker 1: Not very stable.
Speaker 8: So they got going there and tighten it up, cleaning out, and then it's really just a swelling management. So it's very similar to kind of what we're talking about with Brandon Cooks. Not a very intrusive surgery, but it's something that just you have to get in there and do what they have to do with the little little scope and then it's just swelling.
Speaker 5: It's not just no.
Speaker 8: But in terms in terms of recovery though, in terms of recovery, be be encouraged by that.
Speaker 1: It's not a hard recovery.
Speaker 8: It's literally get the swelling out, stay, you know, make sure that you're keeping that the muscles around it strong so that you're not having any what's the word I'm looking for. I just biked out infections. No, not infections, but just an atrophy. You don't want to be atrophy within your quas, your your your hamstrings, your you know, all the supporting muscles.
Speaker 1: You know the prime movers in the supporting moving muscles.
Speaker 8: You want to make sure that all those stay strong so that when the swelling is gone, you actually have some funtionality and you're not having to spend extra weeks building your strength back up. So that's it's a it's a game between management of that and range of motion and strength.
Speaker 6: But he'll be fine when he gets back. Just just rubbed some tussing on it. Yeah, just just just pour some tussing on that thing, walk fixing everything.
Speaker 5: Like my mom would just put some vixed vapor rub on it and just.
Speaker 6: Oh, you don't want those those stories because my grandma used to like actually ingest the vapor. So this this is South Georgia talk, now, y'a don't want those and it's the South, that's that's deep South.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Actually she would not rub the vapor rub on the chest like she would hard three fingers and she would make you swallow it and she do the same. It's not big all day. Take a shot of turpentine.
Speaker 8: My mom to take a big old on my upper liping on my chest.
Speaker 1: He's a deep South through a deep yeah. If you know, you know, it's like, oh gosh.
Speaker 5: Hey, we do not recommend that on.
Speaker 6: Reason that responsors slightly unstable.
Speaker 5: But you know that's why it has two voices in his head at all time, only two.
Speaker 1: Vick. It's Patrick and Vick. That's what we got going on. All right, we're gonna take our first break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll get into talking Tuesday, Talking cowboys, Talking to cowboys Nation.
Speaker 1: Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Give us a call. Let's talk about it when we come back. Right after this.
Speaker 9: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 10: Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Seville. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At.
Speaker 1: And T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 4: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 12: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Home Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Almost said Black Rifle Coffee Company is the name of the show. But there is I'm sure they did coming up.
Speaker 1: They would be.
Speaker 4: There is an event coming up that's kind of on my mind. And it's really a cool thing. How about a private workout for US veterans and active duty led by Tim Kennedy at the Cowboys World headquarters right here at the Star in Frisco. You can join us on the practice field and a celebration of Veterans Day weekend to salute the service in the NFL as well. Participation is free, but registration and proof of service is required. You can go online sign up today Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fans slash Black Rifle Coffee Slash twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You look that up and I'll tweet out the link. Yeah, I'll know that. There's a little Cordell Stewart.
Speaker 5: Yeah one.
Speaker 1: But it's a really cool thing.
Speaker 5: We may try.
Speaker 4: I may try and see if we can do a Chris Beams special and put us out on the.
Speaker 1: Field while they're doing that. That that workout.
Speaker 4: It's in the morning on Friday, Friday, November eighth. Sounds like a cool deal. A lot of veterans salute to service. Very very cool thing.
Speaker 1: If you want who's facilitating that again, it's the Black Rifle Coffee in the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Go to Dallascowis dot com slash rise and grind b R C C.
Speaker 1: There you go, Black Rifle. I want to be a part of that. Good job. That's way better Black Rifle. If I can help it aut off with that. Let me know. Yeah, it sounds like coolness. I liked our veterans. I like all that. Like coffee, completely agree. You do like coffee. You got it right there. You're a little bit a little bit crazy.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Mike in New York to kick us off here on a talking Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Mike?
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 1: Feeling here on this victory Tuesday?
Speaker 13: Good? Is he about time? You're on studio on a Tuesday?
Speaker 1: I know, I know. In a minute.
Speaker 8: What can you tell us from New York outside of the New York Jets news that just popped across.
Speaker 13: Talking that the Cowboys were pretty oppressive on Sunday and you guys said it best Roseilia Man, that was one heck of a game. That was like from the injuries to the tone overs to this and that it just played out well. I was on the seat of my heads that that last that last drive. I'm like, come on, pu U and down. I'm like, what are we going to do? I'm like we need to score. Let's run the ball. They were running the ball and then pull it down. I'm like, I don't know, and then he throwing it with a touchdown. I'm like I was, I was like, oh boy, this is like this was a great moment.
Speaker 1: It was a great moment. Uh.
Speaker 4: My question for the fans today is what is the identity of this football team through five games? If you had the peg one thing, Mike on what the identity would be?
Speaker 1: What would it be for you?
Speaker 13: Uh? I would say toughness, toughness, like we we toughness and grind. We just you know, it's kind of just they don't they don't they were toughness and grind. It's basically we don't back down, you know, from the injuries to that. It's toughness. It's just the team that they don't give up. They're resilient.
Speaker 1: Would you say that they're rooted.
Speaker 13: Resilient, toughness, recilion.
Speaker 4: I love it, Mike, appreciate the call as always and appreciate you bringing the energy.
Speaker 1: Uh I like it. Toughness I think is tough. It is. It's very tough. Bamboos tough. We had like a whole segment invasive, very invasive, and it runs deep. We've already outlined all of this. We had the green foam episodes I mean to talk about. I mean, listen, you just said it. You said they're resilient, right, they're tough. Okay.
Speaker 8: That's a Chinese bamboo for those that are lost. The model of the team this year is rooted yep.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: And coach referred to that and made the connection between the Reddit. Sorry the reference, Thank you very much for Chinese bamboo.
Speaker 1: All right. In Chinese bamboo, how many years? It was five? Four years dormant, four years.
Speaker 8: Dormant five in the fifth year, can go up to ninety feet? Is that what I remember? So the roots go down very deep. Okay, So in terms of the depth chart, we have gone down on the depth chart. Those guys are very rooted.
Speaker 1: Okay. Those guys are tough like the Chinese bamboo. Right, everybody ever hit hit bamboo. Gamboo's very tough. Okay.
Speaker 8: All right, go try some white tie if you want to, all right, some jiu jitsus if you want to.
Speaker 1: So a lot. I think that's working for a coach right now. Okay. The actual acronym is working very well. Right now.
Speaker 5: I think five years, right, five years, then you see the roots start growing, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it grows up ninety six feet actually, and the Cowboys last one a super Bowl win.
Speaker 1: Ninety six Super Bowl confirm. I mean, that's part of it.
Speaker 5: And it was my fifth year, and this correlation is there.
Speaker 4: It is there, and they've played better football. Let's talk about the football side of things.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they I mean, they grinded it out like it was black rifle coffee this past week and they made they made it happen. And so I agree with Mike right now, I want to see it consistently. I want to see it against a team where you have to be tough, you have to be gritty, you have to grind it out. Against the Pitts or the Detroit Lions coming up this week.
Speaker 1: That's a huge test for this team.
Speaker 6: Another blue collar team, that's what we're sad.
Speaker 1: Another blue collar team first Pittsburgh and now and a step up in talent, absolute freaking big time.
Speaker 6: So I mean, just I like, I like that physicality is a conversation for the Cowboys in a positive way at this stage of the season, right because first and throughout September question was, you know, can they why are they being out physical by teams like the Baltimore Ravens. And but now he starts seeing guys like we're not starting because Jay Lou was always that dog when it came to that. But you're starting to see other guys adopt the mentality and the physicality of some of a veteran like Jordan Lewis, of a veteran like DeMarcus Lawrence, where it's just like, you're not You're not just gonna come in here and punch us in the face. As a matter of fact, we're in your living room and you're still not just gonna punch us in the face, brought Kaufman.
Speaker 1: I like what I saw. Keep that up, Okay.
Speaker 6: So yeah, if you keep that physicality and that you know that bully mentality and you're not going to be the one bully being bullied, you're going to be the one bullying guys. And you add execution to that, the rest kind of starts to fall into place.
Speaker 4: And the breaking news that Isaiah was referring to that happened in New York. By the way, Adam Schefter as of just a couple of minutes ago. ESPN sources say the Jets have fired head coach Robert Salah.
Speaker 1: It's going to be very interesting.
Speaker 5: And Rogers blowing it up.
Speaker 1: Man, not direct.
Speaker 6: Don't blame the offensive coordinator you brought in. They was supposed to fix your offense. Blame the blame head coach who helped get you there in the first place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know who. Situation, cold world, no blanks.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody's surprised that the Jets are sort of not doing just going great internally, you know, and then you have Aaron Rodgers performance on top of that. I just think, yeah, something something had to give there.
Speaker 4: Just the fact that they went straight to the top though, is very wild at this point in the season.
Speaker 1: We're five weeks in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first team.
Speaker 6: It took for them to not have a quarterback who can get you a game winning drive when you need it most.
Speaker 5: We're going there.
Speaker 6: Sailing throws down the deep right side.
Speaker 4: I just want to look at the entire left side of our seeing's reaction and then Patrick's looking years to say it, but.
Speaker 1: You said getting did he?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 13: Hello Hello?
Speaker 5: Picked off by former Cowboys legend Stefan Gilmore.
Speaker 6: Not talking about the totality of his war. That is not up for debate. He's the first ball Hall of Famer. But the question is did he Nope, he didn't hear right?
Speaker 1: All right, all right talk, Let's go to Dano in Florida.
Speaker 4: Dano, the question today is what is the identity of this Cowboys team through Week five?
Speaker 15: I think it's the well, the physicality of the offensive line in some respect. I mean, you guys might not like this, but I think when TJ. Bass went in there and they moved Smith out to left tackle between BB and that left side, I think it's tough. I think they stable smacked you in the fate.
Speaker 13: So I know it was.
Speaker 15: One of the five weeks, but I really liked what I saw, and I really hope they keep Smith out there. I know they're saying they won't, but I think it was last year or the year before. You guys all had conversations about best five, best five. I think DJ Bass factors into that best five, and so I think it's I think it's that, and I also think it's the linebacker play. I think that's the identity of this team right now.
Speaker 1: Great job, Dan O, Dan i'mino call keep him on the line there, yeah, Dan Or are you still there?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What part of Florida you in? Man?
Speaker 15: Oh, I'm on the east coast. But as it shows the cone, it's coming, it's gonna hit camp and come right at It's going to come across the state. So safe, man be saved, coming right at us.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, have you decided to stay there? Man? Hunter down? Man? Prayers up to you and yours.
Speaker 15: Thank you man. You guys do well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you, Dan Oh, and to anybody that is listening in Florida. I know we have a plenty, uh plenty of Florida listeners, stay very very safe.
Speaker 1: Our next caller is actually from Florida as well.
Speaker 4: But uh, I think when you look at this offensive line, and that's not the first time I've I've heard this question too, because the three to zho one texted it in said.
Speaker 1: With Tyler Smith TJ.
Speaker 4: Bass holding down the left side on Sunday night, pretty well, still struggling on the right side. Would you consider the idea of moving Guidon to right tackle, which is what he played in college, and keeping Smith out at left tackle. We've talked about this a little bit before, and I think that's kind of what Dano is maybe referencing when he said we don't like.
Speaker 1: It, they won't do that.
Speaker 4: And I don't think it's a possibility, But would you entertain the option based off of what you saw on soda?
Speaker 1: Why is that no? Because Terrence Steel is not playing terrible.
Speaker 8: He's not having his best season obviously, But you think about the gauntlet of defensive ends that we were ne were going against this year, and you can say, okay.
Speaker 1: Well this is who's on the schedule.
Speaker 8: You absolutely correct, right, you got said your game of But the reality is you gave him a pocket full of money.
Speaker 1: So you gave him a pocket full of money.
Speaker 8: You have expectation of him to be able to develop into the player that you that you paid him to be, just like you expect Tyler Guiden to become the player that you drafted him to be. So you let guys be in a position that you will put them in, and you allow for them to become that right, you don't pull the rug from underneath them.
Speaker 1: I think I'm more.
Speaker 8: Concerned about Guiding right now than I am about Terrence Steell, because Terrence still is like he's he's not getting dogged, you know what I mean, Like, it's it's not consistent, right He's not being as powerful and as as greedy as you want right now, but he's not dropping the ball right now. Tyler Guiden is having issues over on the left side in terms of giving up the inside, and that is something that only he can fix.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's coaches and.
Speaker 8: You know, and mentors and all that stuff that can help him out, but ultimately he has to make the decision of doing the right thing on the field. And I was going back and watching the game much like most of us do, and even in that first couple series, I mean, he got beat to the inside at least two or three times, and it's just like, it's just a problem.
Speaker 1: It's it's a real problem. And you think about it and everybody's like, oh, it's not that bad.
Speaker 8: He's young, Okay, you say that, until he until you remember that he's protecting the backside of your most valuable player.
Speaker 1: So that has to get corrected.
Speaker 8: And I understand that he's young, and I understand he still has a long way to go and he's gonna get better, absolutely, but those kind of mistakes, those short edges right, those straight lines from that left end position straight to the quarterback. He has to make those guys run the hoop like I don't know what, I don't know if he needs to tie a string to Tyler Smith so that they can be hip to hip and figure out a way. They have to figure it out. Yeah, he's getting out way too wide. I mean, it's not even it's not even like impressive moves that are beating him to the inside.
Speaker 1: He's just over setting.
Speaker 6: Repairrable, definitely repair by him, right, but the only way to repair it is reps. Yep, And so it's kind of risks. Risks.
Speaker 1: Risk comes with the reps.
Speaker 5: We're talking about yesterday. Confidence too. Yeah, if you take him out of that position and you have him sid, it's like, what does that due to the man's confidence he's drafted in the first round.
Speaker 6: I'm just going to say that you talked about money being given to steal and to the point you were about to make, and I've tossed it right back to your first round pick. Yeah, yeah, you're not. You're not yanking your first round putting.
Speaker 4: It but out there, like I said, put you would give up on two guys by making that one exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that. So all I'm saying is the caveat and agree.
Speaker 5: The caveat is where you've drafted them and the value that you've placed into those.
Speaker 8: Yeah, COSI has to. I mean, I'm putting a pressure on Coaslario. Now I love Coasaari, we talk all the time whenever I see him. I'm putting the pressure on him to get this corrected. I'm putting the pressure on him to bring the dog out of his starting right tackle. I'm putting the pressure on him to get his left tackle coached up. However, whatever method and modalities you want to use to ensure that he stays hip to hip with the guy that's on his right side, because as he knows, and as we see it on film, that's something you just cannot afford because every time he allows that to happen. Right, And it's just by nature of the position, any position on offensive front, but especially at that left end position where most most of the time you're going to face the best defensive end right, it's going to be on that left side because it's the quarterbacks, most of the quarterbacks backside. If you give that quarter give that defensive end a short edge and allow for me to get him inside and go hit back in the back.
Speaker 1: What do you do now when Cooper Rushi becomes your guy?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying Like that, that's the reality of the situation. And so I mean, I understand that there's development that has to happen there, but they have to find that solution sooner.
Speaker 1: Than I'll also say this when it comes to TJ. Bass.
Speaker 6: And I said this in the off season, early in the off season, after Tyrone after Tyrone Smith departed for the Jets, and we're talking about the Jets.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that turn.
Speaker 6: But when you talk about TJ Bass, the end of the Zach Martin era is upon us. Is that in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. It could very well be. I don't see it extending into twenty twenty six. Don't break any news here.
Speaker 6: It's my opinion unfair, but you're not far off. And this is because the conversation. No one had broke the conversation, and it was just sitting on my brain in March, and I was like, why is no one talking about this right? Because he's still Zach Martin. We talk about Zach Martin h dropping down a few levels, it's still levels above the best next person. Okay, but that being said, you're starting to see cracks in the armor of Zach Martin, and then you start to talk to Zach Martin and you can see the dusk in his eyes. Right, as far as the career is concerned, TJ. Bass is your Zach Martin replacement. So when Zach Martin calls it a career and starts to get ready for his gold jacket, my prediction is that TJ. Bass is your starting right guard. So to the TJ. Bass fans such as myself, such as everyone on this on this panel, you will see TJ. Bass not sooner than later, but sooner than you might think.
Speaker 5: Would you give TJ Bass the not over brock Hoffman in that sense, Yes, I know, different positions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because I could trust him more Bass. Is it they're both especially with first team?
Speaker 16: Is that the discipline for Hoffman? No, No, it's not that the game play. He's been better on tape. I think the ceiling is higher. Take guard for TJ and not.
Speaker 6: Just right because left guards better get Yeah, but they both have a lunch pail mentality, yes, and I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it for both Hoffman and Bass.
Speaker 6: I just think I feel that Bass's ceiling is a bit higher than Hoffman's, maybe even more than just a bit.
Speaker 4: And I still like Hoffman as your backup guard in that sense too. If Bass is your guy and he is that, moving forward, you have a capable guard. And Brian Schottenheimer yesterday and the Coordinator's press conference talked about how he appreciated how much those two guys stepped up in a big way. They're gonna be the guys that will step up for you moving for I like both of them. I feel I like both of their approach.
Speaker 8: I like both of their mentalities to their work, you know, the workman mentality, I think Hoffman's.
Speaker 1: I have two dolls. I have two rot riders at the crib. I actually have three dolls. My wife has a little one as well. But I have two rot waders, right, Cashes and Clay. Right, Cash is.
Speaker 8: Cashs is the big doll. Right, He's the big one, big husky. Well, he's the one that you see and you cross the street. Right, he does most of the barking, okay, But but Clay, Clay is the one that I actually bite you, right, Clays the one that kind of sits back in chills and if you bring it, if you bring the smoke to him, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Take you out. But both cool.
Speaker 8: That's how I look at Hoffman and Bass. I think Hoffman does most of the barking, gets the penalties. There's a lot of pushing around. The Bass is the one that'll punching your dog on chest and put you on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, the same thing with my cats at home. All right, let's go to Dylan in Northport, Florida.
Speaker 5: Didn't give you one of these.
Speaker 1: The Halloween caricature.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah Dylan again, just like we just told Dan. I hope you're staying safe out there. Glad you're able to give us a call here on this talking Tuesday. What's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 17: We're right in the teeth of this one. So we're Southwest Florida. But uh, you know, we're out of the flood dons and evacuations and all that and got the shutters up.
Speaker 15: Should be it should be all right, good.
Speaker 17: We've been through maybe worse.
Speaker 18: I don't really know.
Speaker 17: I guess we'll see. But yes, about what the you know, kind of the I guess what the team is, Yeah, identity, thank you. I guess it's physical resilience. We had kind of an FU draft is what I called it the past year, where it's just a bunch of guys that are like Jake Ferguson, f you guys, Neeland BBI, and I just wanted to say too. The last Tuesday, I called and we talked about how to pass the game. It's not going to succeed consistently downfield until you start running the ball and teams respect your rushing attack. Well, you guys have the advertisement for AT and T right with Todd running with the backpack with the b sup and cheetah. So that was Rico Dawdle last week against the Steelers.
Speaker 15: All right, he looked like Todd.
Speaker 19: And it's funny how all of a sudden downfield Dak had four throws past ten yards last week. He had nine this week, so in crafty condition. So it's funny how that opens up once teams had to respect their run, start stacking the box, and all of a sudden, the entire offense starts to click. So hopefully we found RB one and they come into that moving forward.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. Dylan appreciate the call as always. Josh finally got to see it a.
Speaker 5: Little bit, finally got to see some throws to the running back.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 5: It's interesting how things open up when you throw a football. You put it in the air and the running backs like right there.
Speaker 1: But but you know, but not only that, he ran that route on a corner. Yeah, yeah, yep, ran the route on a corner.
Speaker 8: Lineback made the corner fall out of safety, adjusted to the ball, and then secured a kid trajectory.
Speaker 1: There wasn't just I watched it about ten times over.
Speaker 6: Yesterday's nasty word nasty rolled on to the back to provide fight the ground for the ball and making it a possible, you know, review situation, overturned situation.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he cooked up. Kudos kudos to We'll save that for a Monday, Yeah, Monday. All right, we'll take our second break here.
Speaker 4: This segment was brought to you by Invisa Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: When we come back, give us a call eight eight eight five five to two two ninety seven.
Speaker 4: We have a little bit of time for maybe one or two more phone calls in conversation, keep it coming, bring it on eight eight eight five five.
Speaker 1: To nine seven more talking cowboys.
Speaker 10: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G.
Speaker 1: Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires capable plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 20: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports Turf Equipment United Agon Turf, the official Agon turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United at Biganturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 21: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetie's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 6: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 7: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools feature required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Elish language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance, message database and will terms me apply. Thank America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back, You're on Talking to Cowboys. Presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the show was brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Glad you're with us, Talking Cowboys. Isaiah stand Back, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick No c Walker, Chris Zacham, Kyle Yeomans being. My phone just died, so if we have a phone call, I may need you to tell us who it is.
Speaker 5: You're always played in, all your stuff is.
Speaker 11: Done, always wants Yeah, Yeah, we got Bob, he's in the Rio Grand Valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob, You're on Talking Cowboys. What's going on? Our friend?
Speaker 18: Hey, guys, it's good to talk to you this morning. At is It is good to have the feeling that we've got right now that things are starting to come together for the Cowboys to fight the injuries that we had, and we've had, We've had some devastating injuries. But I'll tell you what. Give credit to Will McLay and his staff for the drafting that they've done, for the acquisitions that they've done are free agents and whatever uh in building the nucleus of a real strong team that could come together in times of real challenge. And that's exactly what has happened and has happened to us. I watched the whole game the other night that included the damn brain delays. I said, he was asleep. I'm gonna watch this ball game.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I love it.
Speaker 18: I predicted that at the beginning of the season where we were that after those first two losses, I said that, don't panic. If we get to the mid into the first six games and we're three and three, we're gonna be okay. And I feel like we are at uh. Dak had a terrible game, Let's face it, that he did. But when but when push came to shove, by golly, he he pushed and he shoved, and he stuck in there and gutted it out and made the made the throw, recovered the fumble first. Okay, it's quick as a cat. And then he comes right back up at uh and and makes the throw and wins the game. It could be more proud of the guys. I want to tell you, guys, I enjoy your show so much. I respect all four of you guys in your opinions and what you say, and look forward to hearing you every day. Thank you for being a part of my life, and thank you for taking my costs.
Speaker 1: Appreciates related to he's got.
Speaker 4: He's had so many greats over the years too, and he always brings it up.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree with everything he said.
Speaker 4: I think Will McLay doesn't get enough credit for the way that they scout some of the depth and they get the depth going up underneath some of these stars. Because the stars are mostly homegrown. We've talked about that before. They don't add talent in the free agency market. You know who that's on directly, Will McLay is the fact that he's been able to homegrow the stars in Steve. But it's not just about it correct in the whole scouting department, but the way that they've supplemented that talent despite some of either the salary caps structure, despite some of the different hindrances you've had from an injury standpoint, they.
Speaker 1: Still find a way to win games in a big way. And they're three and two. They're three and two because of it.
Speaker 13: I really like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you see guys like Linval Joseph making plays against the Pittsburgh stew is, blowing guys out of their socks, right, remember that that's so Will mcclay's.
Speaker 1: Less Stephen Jones acquisition.
Speaker 6: So it's going to take those kinds of players, like Bob said, to help Josh said, they help galvanize and down the road, everything we're seeing in real time, as far as these death guys getting these reps due to injury and whatnot, all of that's gonna come into play because they'll be ready for the postseason, assuming the Cowboys make it, like we believe that they will. And then you have that that more centric everyone's bought in because you've been in the trenches together through you you've survived losing Michael Parsons and de Marcuts Lawrence and Sam Williams.
Speaker 5: In and you know, so, yeah, wins off the real thing.
Speaker 6: Man, everything you're going through right now, if you handle it right, it'll come back and pay off.
Speaker 1: In a big way. And on the back end, every win is crucial. At this point, Let's go to our final collar of the day, Tony and Iowa. You're on talking Cowboys. What's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Oh, you know, just well, after staying up late watching the Steelers game and the way we were able to run the ball, like we went back to the old school mentality of just going and attack kind of remind me of the day that we had Kyle Kojar, Leonard Davis and the late great Marion Barble where they would just bully you. I think that's how we need to just keep attacking, is just stay away from the zone runs. And I think if we go that route, I think that's when you can get deuced. Bawn in there and I think he can take advantage of those holes that they're able to make.
Speaker 4: So if that's the case, Tony, do you feel like that could be the identity of this team or do you feel like.
Speaker 1: It's going to be completely different than that.
Speaker 14: I think it can be the identity. Like you just you have Rico Daldo, He's more of just he just goes. He doesn't really he does need to wait for a little bit of a holes, but he'll just hit you. It doesn't really matter if it's there or not. He's just going to head butt you in. Just go straight ahead. I think on that goal line where he dove, I think if you just had just a touch more patience and he could have followed Hunter into the end zone. But I think that can be Our identity is just bullyball. That's what kind of what Mike McCarthy wants, and that's going to help Dak just open up the field and get those deep balls and just start bullying them.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Tony appreciate the call as always. Brian shot ennever talked about that. Yesterday he said, slow to go, slow to go, Rico doubtle, you want to go slow to the line of scrimmage, let it kind of all develop in front of you, see your lanes, and then go so not not saying walk up there.
Speaker 5: Like old boy from Pittsburgh. Oh my gosh, the patience that he had at the line. Ye geez man, But you that was an unreal though.
Speaker 4: Do you think this team with the toughness up front on that offensive line, whether or not guidance back quickly or not.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you will be. But do you feel like they can get to that.
Speaker 8: I feel like they have the guys too, I mean, but that has to be as a that's not one guy. That's a mentality said. That's one line. You know you brought up Kyle Kosher and if that's back when I was playing, right, I had an opportunity to play with two beastly offensive I mean an all the offensive lines. I was spoiled in that reguard, but two teams that ran the ball diligently, right Cowboys. When we had Marion back there, we had a nice little you know, combo with him and two shark Troyce, Felix Jones, you know, you know all the Joneses at that time, Julia Jones. And then when I went to New York, right, we had Brandon Jacobs and we had you know, Brashaw.
Speaker 1: You know, we had that.
Speaker 8: We had that combination and being able to just go downhill like what that does for your offense, It's it's ungodly.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: Even when I was in New England, our backfield was stupid, right, we had Maroney, we had Fred Taylor, you know, we had you know fulk. We had a heck of a combination in terms of just power guys and speed guys, you shifty guys.
Speaker 1: You have to be able to run the ball down hill.
Speaker 8: And to your point, we've talked about it on the show for years now that once you have that right with the quarterback that you have, it just opens everything up. And you saw that this past week. Did Dak throw the ball more than you wanted him to? Absolutely? You don't want him throwing the ball forty plus times, right, It just creates opportunities for for errors. But at the same time, when you can run a ball, you know, six plus times, you know, hopefully thirty times a game, effectively three and a half yards, I'll take that. Give me three and a half yards three plays in a row. Last time I checked, that's the first down. So I mean, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And Rigo's average was like four point four correct, everybody else brought his average down?
Speaker 1: Yeah better?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that does it for us. Two minutes.
Speaker 5: I know we had three minutes, yeah minutes or three.
Speaker 1: Minutes over technically, but that does it for us. Here on Talking Tuesday.
Speaker 4: We'll be back tomorrow previewing the Cowboys defensive matchup against this oh Man against this Detroit Lions.
Speaker 5: He's doing the Robert hold it up time, hold it up a little bit higher on the Lenovo laptop by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Patrick is going to start something new tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I think right, we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're going to bring to yes science we need.
Speaker 5: We didn't have safety goggles on during the segment.
Speaker 1: It happened close toe shoes.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's guys, it's.
Speaker 1: A good day to order them. Just say extreme. I like it. That doesn't for us.
Speaker 4: For this being in the back for Isaiah stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick, no sewalker who will have science lab and some lab coat tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so on from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you then.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.