Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield.
Speaker 3: Next flowing down the sideline.
Speaker 1: He is hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: It is What's Today Wednesday Upday. We are hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: You're looking live at Tostedo's championship pause outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, where it is a wet, moist seventy eight degrees. It just started raining the high landy one. The load tonight is seventy degrees.
Speaker 6: Just one point. How you didn't one more point higher than normal?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Okay, how are y'all so good? I'm trying to eat?
Speaker 5: We were starting this Yeah, yeah, sorry. Jesse had a flat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he had a flat. Man.
Speaker 6: It was ugly too. Man, he's so cheapy that the tires get bald. Y'all look at this right here?
Speaker 8: Where do I show that at?
Speaker 3: Right here?
Speaker 5: Let's see other camera.
Speaker 8: Hi, it's great radio right here. Yeah, that's Jesse.
Speaker 6: She Jesse for you, all right, let his tires go ball until they hit a flat. But he's okay, He's okay. That's even got to chase from the trailer parks. Some man came on and caught him one of the more thick things and he had to get out of the hit.
Speaker 5: One of them speed bumps a little too hard.
Speaker 6: You'll be here though. I'm great man, good, I'm great man. Good to see you guys.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: God, I'm just I'm.
Speaker 6: Super excited excited about it because we're gonna beat the ever living out of these boys. Man, you think you know I didn't read just the little thing talk about wait for the breakdown. That's why I had to call him, because I'm like, I ain't got no breakdown. I've been looking at all this film and the breakdown.
Speaker 8: Is just coming. Bro, We're finna beat. Come on, man, you're not worried about this. Man, I just wait for Jesse. But I tell you later right here he does. Don't impress me.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, offensively or defensively or both.
Speaker 8: Offensively, I think that's the threat.
Speaker 5: But defensive sir, they got a new kicker.
Speaker 8: Yeah they do. They got rid of poor old guy guy.
Speaker 6: No no, No, Brett Maher got to be the best kicker in the world because no matter what he do at the previous team, he'll be kicking in less than two weeks for somebody.
Speaker 4: And he does it seems like he does really good and then he just has a bad week or two and then then gone, Bro.
Speaker 8: Will, what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: It's up?
Speaker 9: Will?
Speaker 8: Hey? Will you know if y'all.
Speaker 6: Ever get a chance to meet bro Will, He's a He's a human vacuum when it comes to eat.
Speaker 8: This dude can eat Bro.
Speaker 6: I thought I when I was at my factus and batis, Yeah, he still gotta eat me.
Speaker 8: When I was at my factics.
Speaker 5: He's skinny too? About that he's skinny?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you have you ever been to training camp? Have you ever been to training camp?
Speaker 4: I don't know if he can eat a whole bag of fries in one sitting and then a case of cors like you know what.
Speaker 8: He's he had, he says, a disease, a disease.
Speaker 6: He met a guy, skinny guy just like him at camp and they bonded right away because I was picking that Will and that dude say, I know your problem.
Speaker 8: Man, It's just like I'm always hungry and Will say yeah. They were looking at each other eyes and like, boy, y'all connecting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I'm just you know, and a lot of times that you don't eat because you know, I know I shouldn't be, but I just be so hungry.
Speaker 8: I'm looking at wheel like wow.
Speaker 6: Even if fat man got full after my bag of in my six pack tapeworm.
Speaker 4: Or like I don't know what, like ibs where you just constantly you eat.
Speaker 5: It and it just immediately at your body at velocity. It exercises itself.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, exercise, how do we get off?
Speaker 8: Jesus?
Speaker 9: Will?
Speaker 8: I say big? But it's a little guy, man, Jesus. Yeah. But anyway, let's talk football.
Speaker 4: One guy you can talk about Nate Uh huh?
Speaker 8: Aaron Donald?
Speaker 4: Is he the same Aaron Donald as he's always been.
Speaker 6: Yes, he has, even with not having the the great talalent around.
Speaker 8: Him this year, he's He's still a beast.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Uh, I hate a guy. I mean not to the point where it's a bad hate. It's a good hate. Like Jerome Brown. That was a good hate as long as I wasn't playing it right. You know, if I was playing it, it was a bad head. So but like the Astros in the Rangers, it's a good hate, it's a good.
Speaker 8: Bad hate, depending on which side of that bat you own. I think that's just all hate. Yeah it is. Yeah, But anyway, uh.
Speaker 5: Because he's not he's not a big guy. He's he's short, but he's.
Speaker 8: He's probably about six probably one, probably six foot six one, probably about six one, probably about Yeah, I know that time.
Speaker 5: It's all muscle and the thing about him, he's tight, he's like wound up.
Speaker 6: He moves at a more methodical pace than most defensive linemen. If one I defensive lineman moved that way, they wouldn't make a tackle. But he's so he's so methodical, but he's so still lightning quick and doing it till he make plays. Man, they don't like he be trying. I mean, and he he has the presence. He has the presence of a Lawrence Taylor. And what I mean by that, the quarterback is gonna know where he's lined up, close to where he's lined up, and he him. Swiping at a quarterback is totally different than just the average guy swiping at a quarterback because that quarterback always think, you know, he'll make him. He'll make him flinch. That's how good he is, that's how dombinant is. He will make you flinch.
Speaker 9: Would you rather have him than like a Nick Bosa or or Michael Oh.
Speaker 7: I'm going.
Speaker 8: I'm going.
Speaker 6: I'm going with him. I'm going because he can play their position. He can now. I mean they play a three and we should be waiting on jest. They play a three four. That means he's a defensive defensive tackle. One play removed from a defensive end. One one position moved from remove from a devas van. I'm gonna tell you something. It's just like he's just he's equal.
Speaker 8: To a great cornerback.
Speaker 6: He's equal to a great left tackle because everything he does affects the whole. He's that type of like we try to give Parsons haze, somebody's gonna be free because Parson is so great. Well, Parson is such a great pass rusher. You know that is true. But this guy can take over a game run wise too.
Speaker 5: If he choose to.
Speaker 6: He get he He's got a short, compact body compared to height, but his arms, you look at his arms, his arms is long and he got great hand our corterman. He can place his hands inside on your chest, then stop you a three hundred and thirty pounds guy, I mean, cold blood it stop you and he and it ain't like he got to bend down. He's already down there. So when he stopped you and he make a read, he's lightning fast enough that if he want to go get it, he can go get it. And so, uh, he's special. It's certain guys that I'll pay to go see. And there's certain guys I tell you the all twenty two. Yeah watch him, I mean, and sometimes you'll be like, he ain't even going hard, he ain't even going fast. No, he's smart. He knows what plays he can make, what plays he can't make, How he affects the offense if they come his way or go away from him. But he always seen him make attacker. Now he ain't got the two point five sacks. I don't know how many pressures he's got.
Speaker 8: This kid is special. Team pressure, Yeah, this kid is special now.
Speaker 10: But you know you talk about taking a receiver out of a game and just dow him off or play them over the top.
Speaker 9: I mean they don't have a lot else on that defense.
Speaker 10: No, they don't, do you just throw steal and Martin on him, or Martin and bite bet Uish.
Speaker 6: It just it depends some height. Line up Kurt if he if he's out wide. Like remember last year I tried to tell everybody when Smith was at Tyler, Smith was at left tack.
Speaker 8: I said, y'all watch this game. I say, he ain't seen nothing like this.
Speaker 6: Gave up two sacks and a bunch of pressures because these dudes are sharks.
Speaker 8: Man, you take the jaws. You that dude, that shark. That was a bad cat. He smelled blood.
Speaker 6: He ain't only coming for the fish and the whales, he coming for the humans too.
Speaker 8: The boat Yeah he crushed. Yeah.
Speaker 6: This is how this guy is if he if you give him an opportunity to line up on you. But the difference between him and I say Parsons right now is he can line up on an All Pro and dominated. He can line up on All Pro and get his And that's what the thing I loved about playing against Jerome Brown. No matter how great I played, I had every play had to be perfect, and I hated that because a fat man is always looking for a chance to take a player too off to try to make it through the game.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But I could never take that playoff because you never knew when he was gonna bring it. So and then when you got a guy that dominant, who can bring it like that, run our past.
Speaker 8: I mean when I remember when he.
Speaker 6: Was a rookie and I used to look at him, I used to be all right, he all right? You know, and then when you research it and found out find out that him and Zach Martin went add it into Senior Bowl, you know, you're like, WHOA, Okay, both.
Speaker 8: Guys turned out good and prosperous.
Speaker 6: One should have could have easily been the MVP of the Super Bowl as the voting whend have went in too soon, he could have easily been the voting a co MVP with Cooper Cup.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can go on and on about this.
Speaker 5: What was when you played?
Speaker 4: Was it easier because he's short, thick, very muscular.
Speaker 5: And then you got guys that play that position that are.
Speaker 6: Big, fatter, the bigger I wanted them. You didn't get fatter the bigger out because I could.
Speaker 8: Deal with fat.
Speaker 6: I can deal with big because quickness, the quickness break When John Randall is I got it right.
Speaker 8: I hope, I got it right.
Speaker 6: Minnesota all pro Jall, John Randall. I knew that if I got him to the second half, he was mine. He was so quick, so fast, and had power and played with leverage in it. But he was a motor all the time. You knew where he was coming at you all the time. If I could get my hands on him and keep him from getting the pressure or sack on troy All by the second quarter, we a bout the third quarter. We running that ball enough now that I can just lay hands on him. But if he got on me early, Oh he got a pressure. A man, I was gonna be like that was guaranteed a couple of he wouldn't have been.
Speaker 8: He wasn't a big snog. He was he was built. He was built.
Speaker 5: So you were good as long as you could control him.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, long as I could get gooey gouey my hands on him and chewi. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But if there was still hard bodies, Oh, Jerome Brown was the only one that was a big guy. Gave you problem, That gave me problems. But you name all the rest of the fact guys. I had them Cartes, Kennedy, all them big Gilbert for Green, bay the fridge, Come on to kick the fridge.
Speaker 8: That was his name, bless his herd.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: I would come on, man, that was a whooping three times a day, and I beat his brother just for the fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's take our first break and when we come back, we'll talk more Cowboys rams.
Speaker 8: Maybe our buddy Jesse will be here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, come back and then we can get a breakdown besides the aerondoneald.
Speaker 4: The second segment coming at you in a minute on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and od's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a Here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seet Geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after they Seed Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys Seats. How's wing stop sound, Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying plays paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop range and of course spicy Cajun fried course.
Speaker 3: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 13: Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: Back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of the show, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And as usual, I forgot in the first segment. Show is brought to you each it every day by Wingstop where flavor it gets its.
Speaker 6: Weird And I hope that Cook is the number two regardless of what Jesse breaking down.
Speaker 3: Listen, he's the number two when my part employs him as number two. What's going on? This is Kirk, I am Jesse. How you christen the back together? We make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent the broll people.
Speaker 6: That's when we won't go out and get the right tires with our cause when we getting come on, man, you know, being cheap.
Speaker 5: You know what I said, listen, run into the ground. I will run it.
Speaker 3: It's not that I'm cheap. I am cheap, not that I'm cheap. But I said to myself, I said, you know what es, it's times, go ahead and get you a whole new car.
Speaker 9: It's time.
Speaker 3: It's just time. It's just time. So I'm heading down to the Bentley store. When I leave here, I see if I can't find something, something good used, it's gonna be good. It's gonna be you can store because I got that sound.
Speaker 8: That idiot that's my brother, My brother the same way. Man, it's just good news.
Speaker 3: Flat tire into a Bentley.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what I mean. Man, Come on, I just been saving, and saving was the thing to do.
Speaker 3: If I don't do nothing else, I'm gonna keep I'm gonna keep a dollar or two tucked away always.
Speaker 4: That's one of the hardest things to do though, when you know, when you get a car paid off, oh to make that decision, like do it?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 8: Do I want to go back to a note?
Speaker 3: I got two paid off? This out that's the thing I got. So it's the car that I drive every single day, right, and you guys know, I'm all all up and down the highway like everywhere. And then I have like I have a truck of STUV. But it's one hundred dollars to fill that thing up, right, and the way that I drive around the city. I'm like, I'm like Sahachi, I'm red old, come up here before.
Speaker 5: You get in that you get on your app and say how much is gas today? Oh it's two eighty nine.
Speaker 8: I could drive. I go fifty.
Speaker 3: So I go for one spot that cost me forty to fill up, and I'm gonna get the I'm gonna get forty two MPGs opposed to going to the you know, the truck with the HEMMI and all that other good stuff. I'm gonna get twelve MPGs and it's gonna cost me one hundred dollars every two days. So that's the that's the I need to get. Like, you know, you can get me a motorcycle man.
Speaker 9: Rough today.
Speaker 3: It'll be terrible today.
Speaker 5: Because it wasn't supposed rain till.
Speaker 8: That's why I'm smarter to have a car.
Speaker 3: Sounds like PRIs I do. I need a smart car.
Speaker 8: Be safe thing. Whatever you do. Take care of those tires.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a used one. It's gonna be a good used one, though it's gonna be.
Speaker 8: No one good used baby.
Speaker 5: Talking about that give us something to talk about tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But today, let's talk about let's talk about Rams defense. We were trying to find another guy that we need to be worried about on this defense other than air Donald.
Speaker 3: Do you see one? Really?
Speaker 4: Because Nate's fired up today, He's ready to play the Rams today. The last time I heard him just fired up to play a team was against Arizona, and we know how that worked out.
Speaker 5: So I hope, I hope it's not that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna beat the breaks you was going to do with that?
Speaker 4: Remember that whole week he was like nothing, nobody ain't got one guy on the team as a group.
Speaker 5: That Okay, but before you break.
Speaker 6: This down, okay, I'm saying this knowing now that their defense only give up twenty point one points a game, only.
Speaker 3: One team score thirty over over twenty four points of this season.
Speaker 6: Where they give up three hundred and thirty seven point seven yards per game. That's not a lot around one hundred and twelve rushing two hundred and fifty three net yards past. So it's not a lot one hundred and seventeen rushing excuse me, and four point one average. They are good in solid defense. They got what Jonah Williams and these guys and they got a nice linebacker. The coverage guys, I'm not as familiar with Jesure probably, I'm not saying this is a sorry team. Coach McVay and Raheem Morris done a nice job. But fellas I am looking ahead, get play through these guys right into Philadelphia. That's all I'm saying, Jess and I'm through with him. Play through them, thread into Philadelphia. That mean I mean run over them by Matt truck like again. I was going to use a dog analogy, but that red dog. Yeah, no, no, no, I was gonna say something dog right, I'm gonna say something cleaner than that.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say some way cleaner that. But he would have brought the wrong type of people down on you.
Speaker 3: You don't want listen, you don't want there's a break. There's a couple of communities you don't want on your hair.
Speaker 8: That's right, the.
Speaker 3: Full of the community you're about. How about the dogs. You don't want that community on your head. They are relentless. They're relentless. That that will get us a call.
Speaker 5: From We are animal friendly.
Speaker 8: On this show, by the way, we all love animals.
Speaker 3: Who i'mout saying he didn't have an animal. I own an animal. Animals? You know animals right?
Speaker 8: What you got Kurt?
Speaker 9: A couple of dogs?
Speaker 3: You got a cat too?
Speaker 8: So who was there first?
Speaker 14: God?
Speaker 5: How chaotic is your house? Four kids running around?
Speaker 8: Who first? Cats?
Speaker 3: Hate cats?
Speaker 9: Who was there the first?
Speaker 8: The cats? Are the dogs?
Speaker 9: The dog and one dog than a cat and another dog?
Speaker 8: Okay, they all get along, don't they?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Do they talk? Are they noisy? They like?
Speaker 5: How many dogs do you have?
Speaker 8: One? Just a pu out? This got too? And do you got I got American pit bulletarria? Okay, what do you what do you like? I have a frenchie and well I got a mixed American. I ain't got a French.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta I got a thread thrones over there, and I got I got a cont of course he.
Speaker 8: Got a mule. That dude got a mule.
Speaker 5: Did they get along?
Speaker 3: Uh no?
Speaker 5: The frenchie whop whoops, whoops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bones is my bones is my frenchie, and he's bones. Yeah we've seen bones before. Bones is he's yeah, what we were doing? Bones is about to be twelve, so he's old and he doesn't and then Mamba's a year about a year and a half that's when you showed his picture of the other day. Yeah, Mamba's one hundred and thirty pounds plus a year and a half. Bones is thirty pounds solid, twelve years old. Bones. But bones don't play. Bones don't play like when mama's got that running around too much. Oh, bones, go after him, bones, go after vance.
Speaker 8: Get some wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, hey, hey, now you're doing a little bit too much moving around for me. I'm trying to sleep.
Speaker 5: I'm old.
Speaker 3: I'm old. So nothing on defense, no, no, no, no, Well.
Speaker 8: He do he do?
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's break this defense down. When you look at what this defense is, Raheem Morris is the defense of coordinator's been around the league a long time.
Speaker 5: I don't know has he.
Speaker 3: Been man Quinn Atlanta's.
Speaker 5: McDaniel Quinn and him were all in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's been around for the league for for for a long time. The thing about what Raheem Morris likes to do. Here's where it's similar to the Cardinals, where when you're looking at the roster, you're saying, okay, what name stands out or what names stand out? Right? Because players make a difference. I'm able to do more things when I have more virstatile and skilled type players. And I think the way that Raheem Morris has always kind of built his systems, He's always had a plethora of name guys, like Pro Bowl guys, big top tier guys that are able to do things in an athletic way with the skill set that can cover up the gaps that they may have. I don't think he has that bunch here. Of course. The catalyst is when you break the huddle, where's ninety nine? Right? That's the first And though Aaron Donald is getting up there in age and he may not be the three time Defensive Player of the Year anymore, still a really good player, still quick, still strong, still really good with his hands. They line him up all across that defensive line. So breaking the huddle and finding where ninety nine is at is imperative because he's not lining up in one spot. You know, one time he's over the center, the next time he's on the left side, the next time he's on the right side. They do this thing every now and again where they'll line up three guys to one side, two guys to the other side, and they and they do a twist and they create enough space that when Aaron Donald comes around, it's him and the guard. That's that the guard passes off the other guy. And then when he comes around, it's enough space but with him and the guard where he has a two way go. Now think about that, right, you think inside guard, it's tight space, nowhere to move. But when they create this space where they are like they lie three up wide on one side, two on the other side. And when Donald comes around, the guard is sitting there waiting for him. But the tackle has already pushed out to his man right because it's the twist. He's waiting for the timing to come, and the sinner has already committed to knowing, Hey, you know, we gotta go right, like I have to get right. I have to reach right. So now he's going right. So this this guard is sitting there like, oh snap, here comes Aaron Donald with the two way gouf. Your hope is that the ball is out by the time he gets to get around that twist. And now get the working on your guard right, and that's gonna be Tyler Smith. You know, thinking about that guard coming around on the left on the offensive left hand side. Now, traditionally what they want to run and it's a three four. But here's what I say. They run more of what I call a five two four, And why is because of the size of the guys. Their defensive end what is his name, ninety seven hot Ho Tech Ho Tech whatever his name is, He three hundred and ten pounds. They does six six, three hundred and ten pounds. And then their other defensive end, umber number zero Young. They have them listed as two fifty. But if he's two fifty, I'm light skinned. He ain't two fifty. He looks like he's tall, long arms. He looks to be more on the two sixty five two seventy. So when you think about that, you're talking about averaging two eighty five two ninety across the board. That's why I kind of go, this might be a little bit more five two. And what they want to present is they want to present this look ninety seven, oddly enough, being one of the biggest guys on that front, they utilize him, right, he more utilizes him, drops him in coverage. They do a lot of things. Teams really try to double team or get a double towards Aaron Donald, and it leaves ninety seven at times one on one. He has a motor, he has the size, this this is this is a guy who can record. He can wreck your situation.
Speaker 9: If he's got all that at three ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I'm saying like they drop him in the coverage. They drop him in the coverage. So he's a pretty pretty versatile dude. Now on the back end, what they like to do is, and this is a Raheem Moore staple, is they want to confuse you with pre snap and post snap coverages. They're gonna play. They're gonna play quarters right or cover four. It's gonna look like that a lot of the time. It's gonna look like two high safeties up the top. But quarters cover that we talked about before. Take the football field, sideline, the sideline right, and then chop it down in the quarters quarter quarter quarter quarter. That's cover four, right, But then it goes and it's cover two and then sometimes it's cover six. It's two on this side, cover four on this side. And my belief is that when you watch the Cowboys film offensively, one of the things that is giving them trouble is when you go man and man with the Cowboys receivers and press them. Now, they don't like to do it a lot with this defense, but I think they're gonna say to themselves, well, we watched film, and when the Cowboys have struggled offensively, it's when you got up and you pressed the receivers and threw off their timing. The Chargers did not press the Cowboys receivers. They kind of let them have a free release for the most part. And now you saw that offense kind of get going a little bit. This is one of those games for Dak Prescott where he has to do what he did in the Charges game. When you watch the Arizona Cardinals game, because of the confusion and what they want to do on the back end, if you can extend plays, the pitch sure becomes clearer, right because at first it's muddy. You see one thing and then you snap the ball and guys are twisting and turning and they're doing all the types of stuff. But if you can extend to play, there's gaps. There are gaps in this defense. They sometimes because they want to pass guys off and have guys moving around, and they forget guys. The communication sometimes has missed. Sometimes they'll let a guy free in hopes that the rush got to the quarterback. Oh, that's dangerous, that's dangerous.
Speaker 8: Favor last week.
Speaker 3: The Niners caught them a couple times with it, right, they witnessed it and called them with it. But if that can can get back to watch the Cardinals game, and I watched Josh Dobbs, who I don't want to call him a running quarterback, but he's a very very mobile quarterback and he was able to extend a lot of plays and make a lot of plays with his legs because with that three four slash five too, it's if you're going to go three and four reivers, what you now got is you got five on five. And if you got five on five, that means you can't double tat ninety nine. If you can't double teen ninety nine, then most likely he's gonna win the battle that he's supposed to win in those in those aspects.
Speaker 6: And quickly though that you said they'll get lazy on the back end. You notice a lot of times when they run in they twist.
Speaker 8: They'll get a little lazy. Yeah, and just not.
Speaker 6: Versus the run, more versus the past. But you know, go ahead on ja some time.
Speaker 3: And they do that, and they do that in third and longs when you get them in. When you get them in third longs, you'll see them kind of they're almost like we're we're not trying to rush you. We're trying to give.
Speaker 8: You a look.
Speaker 3: And if I get a crease, I'll take it. But for the most part, I'm kind of just like we're gonna play covers behind because we're not rushing five. We'll rush three and then we'll drop eight and then have to make you kind of figure out what's happening on the back end.
Speaker 9: Excuse me. That make it tougher for Dak or any quarterback. Maybe you have less pressure, but you got more guys out there.
Speaker 3: On on on third and longs. Normally they are regular sets. They're gonna there's gonna be five guys a line of scrimmage, yes, and even when there's four, they like to bring it off off the edge. When you look at their their cornerbacks and safeties. Number four, Jordan Fuller, he is he is the feel guy like he's gonna be the safety that comes down and kind of fill in, uh, those gaps. They don't have corners on the outside that we should be we should be able to win. This is they don't have corners that are going to get in your face and dominate you. Now I say that today, and then we get out there in the game on Sunday and it's like, well, what happened? We couldn't get off presh. But they don't. They don't have They don't have guys that are out there just like they have guys that play cornerback that plays can be made on them. They they are similar to us at times when you go to three wide receiver sets and full wide receiver sets, they use their uh, they use their big nickel Kobe Durant. He comes in and now plays a little bit of that big nickel, big diame linebacker in there with with Ernest Jones, So they'll they'll they'll use him in aspects like that so that they'll have another more virtuatile guy out there when you when you change your personnel and put more receivers on. Now a lot of times, what teams be gonna do this year? You see more teams more than ever this year one of the long time I've seen it where they're putting two tight ends on the football field. If there's ever been a time, if there's ever been a time I repeat, if there's ever been a time that Jake Ferguson or Luke's schoonmaker or Sean McEwan or whoever, whatever tight end we just signed a tight end on.
Speaker 9: The this is the time you need them step up.
Speaker 3: This is the time.
Speaker 6: I talked to the to the is a man. I just talked to the tight ends coach man and he said, uh gently, he just nudging for for them to take advantage of these tight ends.
Speaker 3: This is the time. This is this is and the reason being again, they're linebackers aren't great. They aren't great in the run, they aren't great getting off blocks.
Speaker 8: They're okay, they're not fast twitch at all.
Speaker 3: They're not. They're not They're not. And that's why they try to put those big guys up front so that it's an easy transition for them to come downhill and make the tackle. Because if it's five on five, then ultimately it leaves me with backing linebacker. You know what I'm saying, I don't have to sift through all the garbage of getting the guard or tackle or center off me combo and getting to the second level. But if there's a.
Speaker 9: Time that.
Speaker 10: You know, predicated on there's guys beating the past coverage getting off the line. Is that it seems to be a problem. How do they fix that? Is it just for the tight ends any any receivers.
Speaker 9: They're not they're not getting free off the line. So how do you fix that? If?
Speaker 3: If, if we can't, then I don't know. I don't have the answer, Like because at some point in time, you got to win, like you just have to you you have to say there's no way that that that uh what was his name, Darien Kendrick and Kelo Witherspoon can stand in front of me. I'm ceedee lamb. I'm freaking ceedee lamb.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is if they don't get free this game and make some plays, we in big trouble.
Speaker 3: No know, it'll be disappointing. It'll be another game where we look and we.
Speaker 8: Go jes no, no, no, he's saying the right thing.
Speaker 6: What you just gave the great breakdowns, you just gave, you just told us.
Speaker 8: And I'm thinking, like you we gon, we're gonna get these dudes.
Speaker 4: Man who you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even.
Speaker 8: Know who, he says. He said, it'll be disappointing. Go ahead on bro it will be.
Speaker 3: It will be if if, if they can't win at the line of scrimmage, pull pull the whole schedule left, you got it.
Speaker 5: Got the Eagles, waight draams easier, harder.
Speaker 4: Than the Eagles, easier, and tell about defensively easier.
Speaker 9: And home against Giants.
Speaker 8: Giants, saw us are easier rather easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah for the Giant the Panthers toss up, Yeah, push goad.
Speaker 9: Home against Commanders.
Speaker 8: They ain't playing with US defenses.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then who the home against Seahawks.
Speaker 6: But you've seen the number twenty one for the Seahawks. That corner they got in the first right, first round. So Seahawks, he's a header boy, he can come in Heregles.
Speaker 3: Again, listen, this has to be it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're not doing it this.
Speaker 6: Week, you got to run through the Carolina that maybe you do it against, and you got to run through them. This I'm telling you, my friend, you got to. So here's the deal. If you wanted to jump off the legs he this Arizona, I ain't gonna stop.
Speaker 8: If we lose this, I'm gonna they come right behind you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna grab your handed like, let's go, let me take.
Speaker 8: Our last break and great breakdown. Man, let's talk yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Let's talk a little bit about Cowboys offense when we come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there, he escaped slapped, he'll look for a perch down.
Speaker 14: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Press Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 14: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 14: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: How's wing stop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature windstop branch and of course spicy Cajun fried.
Speaker 13: Of course, I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don'g with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after they seat Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: Seats James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot Com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 8: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, Shannon Groves, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, and Jesse Holly Hughes Studio breaking down Cowboys rams, and we spend an entire segment on a defense that most people can probably only name one player on. So let's get to an offense that most people can name at least. I wonder what the average Cowboy, you're casual Cowboy fan, how many players they can name on offense and how many players they can name on defense?
Speaker 8: What do you think?
Speaker 6: I know They're gonna name one on defense and one offense, so they get all the blame, all the glory.
Speaker 4: Because I would like to think I'm a casual Rangers fan, right, I'm until the playoffs and then I'm all in, Right, I probably couldn't have named three Ranger players up until they got into the playoffs. I wonder how many I wonder how many Cowboy fans are if they're listening to this show.
Speaker 8: They gotta be psychos, so they probably know all of them.
Speaker 4: If you're this deep into it, if you listen to us, Yeah, we love all you psychos out there. A little psycho too anyway. Cowboys offense, Kurt has a great stat. Cowboys are twenty ninth the pass plays on first and ten. They are thirtieth in yards. Are they proved too.
Speaker 3: Predictable with the run? Are they too predictable with the run? It's it's let me answer the second question that I think will give us an answer to that question. And so when you talk about the per yards of air completions, I think it's like six point six or six point eight. Teams are not afraid of you going deep. Excuse me, you hadn't done it. So you hadn't done it. So what does that mean? That means at the snap of the ball, I am more reluctant. I am more the tendency for me is to head more towards a line of scrimmage. It is to back up right. So like that, more teams are looking at it that way. So it's like, no matter when you run the ball, teams are not. Teams don't Miami. Let's use Miami for an example. When when you line up defensively against Miami, the first thing, the first thing that comes to your mind, if you're a linebacker or a secondary player, is we cannot let them get behind us, right, so you're always taking the step back first. Let me secure the deep pass. Even in my my alignment, even the defensive cordiator's call, let me line up to a place where I'm not getting exposed and beat deep because that's what they're accustomed to do offensively. So what does that do? It now opens up the running lane because safeties aren't creeping down there to come up making tackles. No, no, no, no, you twenty yards deep? You twenty deep dbs? Aren't they aren't They hit the line of scrimmers like, oh no, you on your high horse because you got Waddle and you got Wilson and you got hell and them jokes going vertical. So I think, because we don't throw the ball down the field and we only average six point six or six point eight air yards per completion.
Speaker 9: Actually the yards before catch per reception is four point.
Speaker 5: Nine four point nine, So.
Speaker 3: It goes hand in hand. Teams are not Teams aren't backing up, they're coming forward. You're not threatening them vertically, so they're saying.
Speaker 5: Well, until you burn me, until you.
Speaker 3: Burn me, then I'm gonna be stagnant. I'm gonna be at twelve yards fourteen yardstead of twenty. So think about it for a second. If the quarterback of the running back lines up in the shotgun, which we mostly do, you're talking about that being five to six yards from the line of scrimmage. Right If I'm the safety, the support help, and I'm lining up twelve yards from the line of scrimmage by the time you get it, and he gets back to the line of scrimmage and I'm heading up that way, we're talking about this thing averaging out like you saw on the run game around what four yards of carry and nothing else three point nine four one full point two Because the distance I'm getting more guys to the line of scrimmage, you're starting further back because you're in shotgun, and he's not really getting a running start down downhill. It's more a step then coming downhill. Opposed to the old school style of he's coming downhill and there's a mesh point between the quarterback and the running back. It's now they're standing side by side. So even when he gets it, he's not getting it with the momentum towards a line of scrimmage. He's getting it standing still at six yards and now have to figure out his way. So by the time he gets to the second level, when you think about it, six and then let's say he gets two yards on the other side, that's eight. I've already made my from the safety the linebacker. I've already made my ascension towards a line of scrimmage. We're meeting somewhere along the lines around four yards. And that's why the running game isn't successful. I think enough is because offensively, the passing game isn't threatening anybody. So guys are saying, WHOA, you can't get off press. You can't get off press, and I ain't worried about you going over my head. I'm gonna come down here and make the tackle.
Speaker 9: Right. It's as simple as just throwing deep.
Speaker 3: Not just throwing deep, but doing it in a manner that is threatening because you can just throw it deep and they'll go.
Speaker 8: Okay, you gotta have complete. It's got it has to be.
Speaker 3: It has to be a way of living, because if it's a gamble, then I'm gonna I'm gonna play the percentage.
Speaker 5: Or if you're only doing it once or twice again.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play the percentages. You complete one, you incomplete one, cool, didn't hurt us none. I'm gonna keep doing what because again again, when you get in those very very very very tight moments, it's like anything else, it's fight or flight. What are the things? What did the muscle memory say to you? If your muscle memory says I'm gonna do X, Y and Z, same thing as a play caller. Like play callers don't get in tight game situation all of a sudden like aha, I'm going to go something that we've never done before. No, he or she or whoever's calling the plays are gonna revert back to the things that they feel most comfortable with, and at the end of the day, you hope that it is executed to a level or degree that wins the battle. Defense is gonna do the same thing, and that's the that's the part where the Jimmys and Joe's come to play because the x's and o's are the x's and o's and defensive coordinators and office of coordinators. They have their ways, they have they have the thing that they love to do. But when it comes to nut cutting time, when it comes down to circumcising and mosquitoes, when when when that goots get like this and the game is on the line, what you're gonna go. I'm gonna go to the thing that I'm comfortable with. He's gonna go to things he's comfortable with. Now, I'm hoping that my CDs and Cooks and Gallops and and and and Prescott's and Polos of the worlds are better than their Donald's and Witherspoons and da da da. I'll tell you what, man, I'm on a roll today.
Speaker 4: Tell them I was gonna say, at least don't be twelve minutes later, get for another show.
Speaker 8: Because you tried to cram all that that you did all of the job. We didn't have good information.
Speaker 6: I mean, just long as when you give them great analogies like you just just take you bare and you know you got us all geeked up and thinking one way. Don't don't tell it, don't go the other way. All right, when he asks you about we're gonna kill these guys.
Speaker 5: You yeah, he's back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's back. Trying to cover yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm trusting with my eyes tells me. But they have to play the game on Sunday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, we got to get out of here, but real we do too.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Jesse talked the whole two both.
Speaker 8: It was good cool today, real quick because we had a time.
Speaker 5: Two questions.
Speaker 8: Don't want to get to okay, real quick, real quick?
Speaker 3: Well out of time.
Speaker 4: Zach Martin's pressure rate is five point two percent.
Speaker 8: That's the highest in his career.
Speaker 3: Has he lost the step?
Speaker 8: Pff?
Speaker 5: Hasn't.
Speaker 3: He's beat up.
Speaker 6: He's thirty two years old and he's beat up. It comes a point where you have to say, kind of more fit than you know. The older you get, you have to be a little bit more fitter, you know.
Speaker 8: And I don't. And I hope I'm using the right word fitter.
Speaker 6: And the crowd chamber should be a part of his life now when he go home, he should.
Speaker 8: I'm serious, because you got to be healed. Bro, when you get that age, I've been that agent player that hurts. The other question, Jesse, you can take this one.
Speaker 3: And that's not a bad thing. Like this is father time.
Speaker 8: This is what happens. Is it time?
Speaker 3: Are we going to see.
Speaker 4: Different personnel used now that they've had two weeks to kind of.
Speaker 5: Get through this, or we're gonna see more?
Speaker 8: Tobert, are we going to see more?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna yes, because it's time. It's time to time, like I'm gonna I think yes, But again I go back to what is he going to do if this game is tight in the fourth quarter? Are you going to use a memory? You go back to what you That's what I'm saying because I do believe in the beginning of this game, because you have to, like when you start this game, you have to you there's no way you could be off for two weeks and come out here and line up betweenty one person that look exactly the same boy who had really been working on We should be fired. You should be fired after that being.
Speaker 9: A game to get to more involved in such going into like you said, going through the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doom, this this is the point. Now you gotta say, all right, let me let me whatever I had in the clip, I gotta start. I gotta start shooting it. I gotta start letting go. I gotta start shooting and letting go.
Speaker 8: Stop real bullets.
Speaker 3: You got, you got to get it at this point in time, it's like now or never. No, I never figure out these guys. I need to figure out because when I get to when I get to December, it's just no more shuffling unless it's an injury issue. Ain't no more shuffling in December. No, this is what I got. This who we're riding with. So I need to know now. So what is Tobra? So if you want to, Rico, what is listening?
Speaker 8: Rico Donald, That'll be a big fact this week.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna see it this year.
Speaker 8: Rico Donald, that'll be a factor.
Speaker 3: You think you're trying to You think you're trying to figure things out with Jordan Davis breathing out your neck next week, that whole you had two weeks to get this.
Speaker 6: They got three of the top five defensive linemen in the Pro Football.
Speaker 8: Three. Right, they loaded man loaded for bear.
Speaker 5: Alright, let's go, Jesse. Good seeing you. Nate has always couraged. Good seeing you, brother Chris.
Speaker 3: Thanks for keeping us on the Cowboys defense offense.
Speaker 8: Please be overside.
Speaker 3: I'll try I got a pooka, and got a Pooka and a Cooper.
Speaker 9: Bye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.