Speaker 1: All right, it's always a special treat when we get a check in from one of our Second Date Update couples. Welcome to the podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey, the home of the Second Date Update. And this is one of the favorites of the last year, right, like, yeah, we went back and looked at the comments from when we originally posted this podcast and it was insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all of them are so sweet. Someone said, Jared said, this episode is healing.
Speaker 1: Someone said this is so wholesoun so awesome. So the way the updates work is we will play the original call with the couple so that you can be caught up with what happened and the adorable wholesome cut. Yes, yes, yes, At the very end of the podcast, we get the couple back on the phone and see what's happened since being on the show.
Speaker 3: So don't skip ahead too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, or turn it off too.
Speaker 1: Early, right, you got to stay at the end on this one. It's your update update.
Speaker 2: Right now, Second Date Update Date.
Speaker 4: You know the saying it's a tract I don't know if that's really true, at least not in today's call.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it typically is But why do you.
Speaker 4: Say because the woman on the phone said that her and her date both have blonde hair, they both enjoy chocolate pudding, and they both have the same mother.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that?
Speaker 5: That's gross?
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, I don't know about the last one.
Speaker 4: I may I may have slept that in that, but it would be an interesting twist if that turned out to be the case.
Speaker 5: That's not the word.
Speaker 1: That's not the word I'd use. Illegal.
Speaker 4: We draw the line at cousin stuff on this show, But please welcome Justine to the program.
Speaker 2: Hey, Justine, and.
Speaker 1: You do realize the same mother makes you siblings, even not cousins.
Speaker 2: Only by blood brook.
Speaker 4: So, Justine, you said in your email that you bonded with this guy because you had a lot of similarities.
Speaker 2: What similarities did you notice?
Speaker 6: Well, we're both really quiet.
Speaker 2: I can see that talk softer during this what's his name? By the way, his name is Ken?
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you meet him?
Speaker 6: We met it the bank at the bank.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to go into a bank?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: Who does that anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting that two quiet people would meet in person like.
Speaker 2: Who from too?
Speaker 6: Well? Actually, we were both filling out paperwork side by side, and I asked him to borrow his pen. But I didn't even like say words.
Speaker 1: I just was like, just hold your hand out like you pointed with a nice smile.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, And that's kind of how it got started. It was pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cute. You're both cute though. Yeah, so what did you guys do when you went out?
Speaker 6: We wound up going to this little Mediterranean place, and like we were texting before we went, and we agreed to each bring notebooks, so we just wrote each other notes at dinner. Very fun for.
Speaker 2: You, cut.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 2: But this is adorable?
Speaker 1: Was it? The whole time he wrote notes?
Speaker 6: I mean, we talked to the waiter, okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, but for the rest of the time you two tried to stay quiet and just enjoy and soak up each other's silence.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, they shared information still, but yeah, but quiet.
Speaker 2: Quietly in their way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I bet there's a lot of smiles every time the note passed back, though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it sounds hot like we wound up laughing the whole time, Like we really enjoyed each other's company, which is kind of awesome. But there was a mistake The waiter brought out only one meal at first, and it was what I had ordered it, but they put it down in front of Ken, and so he started eating and I was like, I wrote a note and I said, no, that's mine, and here are back mine?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: E didn't say not anymore right, So.
Speaker 6: It made us laugh. We both laughed a lot. It was really fun. Did you get food? I worried, Thanks for worrying. Yeah, okay, he gave me back my dinner and then his showed up.
Speaker 3: Like a challenge to not talk that what almost sounds like it to break it first sounds like a challenge to them would be to talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like for certain people, like talking is a big struggle, but like this is the perfect date for two people that are kind of shy and introverted.
Speaker 1: You guys shared the last kiss by just drawing lips on two pieces of paper and puting them together.
Speaker 6: That's funny, but.
Speaker 2: No, so tell us after the quiet dinner, how did the date end?
Speaker 6: It didn't And the dinner, which was kind of nice, really got ice cream and we were people watching and I pulled out my notebook and said we should do this again sometime, and he wrote yes, but that was like more than two weeks ago. Well that's not true. It's almost two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I guess almost two weeks. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like this guy is going to be a slow mover just from the vibe he's given. No, No, it's just who he is, said a letter in the mail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think I would be worried that he hadn't contacted you in two weeks.
Speaker 4: You guys literally do sound like an old married couple with Like you guys go to the bank. You guys write each other notes, enjoy each other's silence, and sit on a park bench eating ice cream together.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you guys just text, though obviously you're not on the phone a lot.
Speaker 6: I mean I sent him a text.
Speaker 2: Okay, that must have been a struggle for you.
Speaker 6: Though, you guys are making me bless. I can't believe how hard my cheeks are burning.
Speaker 1: Ok I'm just going to say real quick, I am really impressed that you're doing this, because you are really putting yourself in a place that isn't a comfortable zone for you.
Speaker 6: That's cool, and that's actually the deal is, Like I feel like, I need your help because it's so awkward to call him, and you guys are so good at the talking.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're good at talking, but we can do a lot of an awkward Tuesday. Yeah, exactly. So we're gonna come back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call quiet Ken for you and see if we can silently get him to agree to another date.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it right after this. Hold on thank second date update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 4: We probably just met one of the sweetest people that we've ever had on this show before.
Speaker 2: Her I hope not. Her name is Justine.
Speaker 4: She is quiet, she's kind sounding, she's got a very genuine laugh. It made us all feel good about ourselves no matter what we said.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, that's so rare.
Speaker 4: If we get this guy Ken on the phone and he says something rude or disrespectful about.
Speaker 3: Her, hang up.
Speaker 4: I'm just letting you I am treating her like a little sister to our show, and I'm going to be standing up for her hardcore.
Speaker 3: Are you fighting them?
Speaker 1: I don't know if she wants to be a little sister.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm just saying I'm in her corner.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, got it, got it.
Speaker 4: And I mean it already sounds like her heart is breaking because who goes on a silent date and has a great time Justine and this guy Apparently the only communication that was had the entire time was to be a handwritten note. So we need to figure out how to get him on the line and figure out why he is not jumping to get on another date.
Speaker 1: With her, honestly, like, he can't have a multitude of options here.
Speaker 2: This is a guy who barely talks. Okay, this is her future husband that you're talking. I don't it in a midway.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he's not out there being a player, you know, like he's got out running game because he can't pass notes to just any hot lady that walks by.
Speaker 4: It's not like he's just just Justine.
Speaker 2: Do you want to defend your man.
Speaker 1: That she knows what I mean?
Speaker 5: Right? Maybe?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: Okay, how did you just walk into a library and rise up everyone in silence?
Speaker 2: It's possible. I mean, he could be like a silent Casanova.
Speaker 3: Book Mark so.
Speaker 1: Many hot singles at the library.
Speaker 2: All Right, just stay quiet, Justine.
Speaker 4: I know you're not gonna have any trouble with that, but we're gonna call him and talk to you.
Speaker 3: I'm worried what she tries to pipe in, we're not gonna hear.
Speaker 2: We'll call you in time. We'll make it obvious.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, is this ken?
Speaker 7: Uh? Yeah? Speaking?
Speaker 2: I can't they can?
Speaker 7: Good morning can, good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You're probably hearing a lot of voices right now, and that's because you're on the radio with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Why what what? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 7: You call them?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We don't want to overwhelm you, but we're doing a segment here. It's called second Date Update, and one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you because you went on an awesome date with her the other day.
Speaker 1: Well she thought it was awesome.
Speaker 4: She'd yeah, we all thought it was awesome too, because we heard a little bit about it.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Justine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, huh huh yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you guys went out almost two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: That is correct, Okay, okay, I mean she told us about the day that you two hung out, and it sounded pretty unique, at least for us, because we do a lot of these calls. We haven't heard a lot of dates where two people go out and stay quiet and actually enjoy it.
Speaker 7: I I'm so sorry, just one second.
Speaker 1: You okay, I don't know, Maybes at work or something.
Speaker 2: He's nervous. He going up right now. There is a lot of talking.
Speaker 3: In a library. The librarians.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, Ken.
Speaker 1: Sorry, So look, it sounds like you're busy right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't want to like take up too much of your time. But bottom line is, Justine says she had a great time. The question is she's not getting any signals back that you wanted to hang out again, and she's kind of disappointed by that.
Speaker 7: I am, I kind of I don't want to hang out again.
Speaker 6: What, oh, buddy?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 7: I mean, we were passing notes, right, we were talking about ourselves, and I started running out of things to say.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would be a lot to write, because yeah, yeah, and it.
Speaker 3: Is hard when there's a lull in conversation to force a question. Yeah, the first couple are okay, but by the third or fourth you're like.
Speaker 1: So you shouldn't feel bad. That happens on all first dates.
Speaker 7: I like, I get that. You guys don't understand. I literally told everything about myself.
Speaker 4: Oh you ran out of things to like reveal about on the on the first date.
Speaker 2: That should be impossible.
Speaker 7: Bro books, movies, interests, foods.
Speaker 1: But there's more.
Speaker 2: People than what you lie.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I don't think you're giving yourself credit.
Speaker 7: I think you're giving me too much.
Speaker 2: I've got to be middle. You might surprise.
Speaker 4: I can understand you feel a little bit nervous and intimidated, But what are you worried about? Like, what's the harm in seeing her again?
Speaker 7: I am I'm worried she's gonna find out I'm not just quiet like she is and boring.
Speaker 2: Boring. That just broke my little heart. You're not boring when you do another date. That's what you talk about. The whole date is the activity, like a new topic. You know, just what happened in the last Yeah, exactly you.
Speaker 3: I'm just always going to replay their Yea.
Speaker 4: You are just the calm in a world full of chaos. We need people like you. You balance out all us idiots. And it doesn't matter if you think that you're boring or you're not enough. Somebody that believes that your plenty is Justine, and don't just trust me. She's on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: This is pretty bold, Justine, are you there?
Speaker 7: I'm here, you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 6: She's been listening.
Speaker 2: He's about to have a heart attack.
Speaker 7: Justine, I am so sorry.
Speaker 6: I can't because it was my idea. I was too nervous to call you, and I called somebody who could, and these sweet people have I didn't. We didn't mean to scare you.
Speaker 2: Sweet in this room.
Speaker 6: It feels like maybe it backfired.
Speaker 7: No, no, not at all. I'm really glad to move from you.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I feel like if we wouldn't have gotten involved, they would have never talked to each other.
Speaker 1: Us.
Speaker 2: We may are amazing contacted us.
Speaker 4: Look, I understand that you're really nervous ken about talking to her and coming across a certain way. I think the pressure of being in a quiet setting is a lot. I think the next date that you go on like you're just in the wrong venue. Do something that's loud, go to a sporting event, like go to a comedy show where there's other stuff to point at and talk.
Speaker 2: About rather than just sitting quietly together.
Speaker 6: Comedy show would be so fun.
Speaker 1: It would be fun. Would that be fun for you?
Speaker 5: Ken?
Speaker 7: That sounds like it would happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, comedy does happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, see what she's so funny.
Speaker 4: Look, the whole goal of this is to set you guys up on another date and lock that down, and we would pay for it. So justine, now that you know how he feels, you still want to go out with him again very much?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Like that's got to feel good?
Speaker 3: Right? Did you hang up?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 6: Ken?
Speaker 7: I'm sorry I dropped my phone. Sounds it sounds creepy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: We will send you guys out on another day and we're gonna pay for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: I'm so grateful you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, it just makes me want to go to the other room and shout cat.
Speaker 2: Cat, Cat cat cat. Okay, see it feels good.
Speaker 7: That's a little terrifying.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we should have whisked away for out of my bad Yeah.
Speaker 2: An, We're just gonna hang.
Speaker 7: Out freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Maybe one of the sweetest second date calls that we've ever done.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 1: I have been dying.
Speaker 4: All of our listeners have been asking for months to get an update on this, and now we've got him back.
Speaker 2: Welcome Ken and Justine back to the show. How's it going, guys?
Speaker 8: Justine isn't here right now.
Speaker 7: It's just Ken.
Speaker 2: Wait it said that you guys were both going to be on the call.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, we had dinner with her parents last night and she's feeling a little.
Speaker 7: Overexposed too much social Yeah, feeling up to the social element right now. She is here though.
Speaker 2: Wait, does that mean you guys are still together?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been going great.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Where is she?
Speaker 7: So, she's on the other side of the door. She's that's a little weird, in another room.
Speaker 2: So okay, you guys are like in the same apartment. She's in a different room your apartment together?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 5: Are you happy?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is she happy?
Speaker 8: Actually?
Speaker 5: No, I can ask Hey, honey, people on the radio want to know if we're happy, not one, if the relationship is going well, not twice?
Speaker 6: If you have no.
Speaker 4: Wait, that was one?
Speaker 2: I heard one?
Speaker 6: Okay, only one?
Speaker 5: Knock?
Speaker 6: You think things are going right?
Speaker 2: All right, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, so things are moving forward and you guys' relationship clearly.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean they're moving plates. I mean we haven't like you're not you're not asking if we've done.
Speaker 1: That, right, No, no, no, no, physically do what you need to do in your own time, a man.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, but.
Speaker 4: We'll give you some space. I know we've already taken up probably way too much of your time. But hey, man, keep us updated on yours and Justine's blossoming relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, smiling ear to ear for both of you.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean in the physical way, just the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Keep us out like tag us in some videos. Just kidding. That was a joke.
Speaker 8: That was a joke, all right, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,