Speaker 1: Amy and TJ presents Aubrey Oday covering the Diddy Trial.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, this is Aubrey from Amy and TJ presents Aubrey O Day V covering the trial. I really am so happy that you guys have been calling in and utilizing that hotline that we gave you. We got tons of voice messages text messages into our hotline and I definitely want to go through a few of them today for you. I'd love to continue to answer any questions you have regarding the trial, So why don't we take one of the messages.
Speaker 3: Hi, Aubrey, my name is Nicole. I'm from Indiana. We've actually met a couple times in Chicago. I do have a question. I would just like to know what you went through in making the band because I have followed Danity Kine for years, and what are your emotional scars and trauma from this and how do you heal from this? And I just want to thank you for cover this because the world needs to hear it.
Speaker 2: Nicole from Indiana, that was such a thoughtful message, and thank you so much for having supported me since that long ago two decades and some change.
Speaker 4: What did I go through on making the band.
Speaker 2: I mean, I experienced a pattern of emotional manipulation through grooming, rituals of control, physical mistreatment that I can't necessarily get into the extent of, and I'm still trying to understand the extent of to this day.
Speaker 4: So far.
Speaker 2: It was a deeply transformative period in which my sense of self as a woman was shaped through the gaze and influence of someone whose behavior we now understand was deeply rooted in darkness. I'm trying to think, you know, I'm forty one now, and I was a child when I started, and I was systematic positioned as the scapegoat for the disillusion of Danity Kane and the decline of making the band and basically the whole franchise, and a narrative was crafted, both allegedly internally and definitely absolutely publicly, and it painted me as difficult, not group oriented, and ultimately that I was a harmful person to business and when you're in his position like that and branded like that on national TV, especially on MTV, which was kind of like the network to go to at the time. The humiliation of having me go through all of that and then sit through three part finales where Diddy's in a robe in Miami, smoking a cigar and I'm on stage alone with no support, like trying to be as brave as I possibly could. But truly, you know, they ensured through runs that the whole world got the picture that they intended to give me. And over time, that narrative not only distorted how the world saw me, but how I saw myself. And if I didn't play into that narrative, I was left without work. And over time I also felt because of that narrative that the most important thing that I had to offer any relationship was my sexuality, personal and work. It's kind of it boxed me into a place where I almost believed the messaging myself. For a very long period of time, I had a lot of dark days. I was left without work, and over time that narrative was kind of like stripping me of the complexity, talent, intellect and the value that I truly bring to the table. And it really forced me to fight for an identity during my entire career that I never consented too. And only now am I finding myself being able to set the appropriate boundaries and make sure that I'm only doing work that I can sent to and that.
Speaker 4: Aligns with the purpose that I feel.
Speaker 2: I wish my life could have started at back when I was just a kid.
Speaker 5: Hi, Yes, I'm calling in. My name is CALLI, and I just wanted to really comment about, for me, as a survivor of domestic abuse, how triggering Cassie's testimony was to hear and how discussing I think it is for people to comment on how a DV survivor should act, or when she should leave, or what she should do when you've never been in that situation. I was with a man twenty years. He didn't have nearly as much money or thatcher or pull as Ditty, and it took me twenty years to away from that man.
Speaker 2: Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through, especially for twenty years. I can't imagine the damage and the toll that that took on your soul. And I am just sending so much positivity and healing and.
Speaker 4: Self love your way.
Speaker 2: I pray that you're surrounded in a bubble by it for the rest of your life on this earth.
Speaker 4: You deserve so much.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: To answer your question in regards to DV through my own experience, abuse happens in cycles. It doesn't happen all at once. I think that's something that people aren't truly getting. In my personal experience, I would experience love, this incredible, beautiful love that made me feel like especially from somebody that had a you know, much more established presence, more money, more power, more of a reputation and a fan base than me. I remember nights where I would go into the bathroom and lift my shirt up and like lay on the marble tile just so I could feel something real because everything around me was so foreign and didn't didn't know me.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know what I was seeing me do and be.
Speaker 2: And then that's followed up by an apology of course, and sometimes gifts depending on you know, if the guy has money or not, and so then you kind of lose sight of all the trauma.
Speaker 4: It never goes away.
Speaker 2: I don't think you ever talk it outside of your body, even in therapy or any types of alternative healing. I think you just learn to create boundaries that you know will established that you're never going to be in a situation like that again, and that's where your power really comes from. But a lot of people don't underst stand trauma bonding and intermittent reinforcement. It's basically like love followed by cruelty. It conditions the brain to crave approval from the very person that's harming you, and that is the part that keeps us there for like in your case, twenty years, it's just this constant cycle of trauma bonding. And then also there's shame, there's judgment and coming forward and telling people and that this was key for me, there's identity erosion. I didn't feel talented, smart, successful, beautiful. I mean I was being made fun of constantly. So the identity erosion for me was so big, and I think it's so big for so many women when I hear how long they stay, and when they're very long lengths, it usually has to do with a low self worth And it doesn't necessarily mean that you went into the relationship with that, but the ident the erosion is a big part. It just breaks you down, isolates you, and it convinces you that what's hurting you is the only thing that's holding you together as well. So at the end of the day, I really want to make it clear victims do not stay because they're weak. They stay because abuse rewires their reality.
Speaker 1: Hey, Aubrey, this is Jean Pierre bon Jovi. No one has been discussing the alleged remarks of how everyone within the you know, the bad boy circle who was really close to him, and we will have to tell all books mysteriously all I died from these same issues, which was demonia at very young, at a very young age, with no prior history.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jean Paul, this is a little bit more and I'll listen. If we if this was like Aubrey not in her professional blazer, I would just serve you the tea.
Speaker 4: But because we are, you know.
Speaker 2: We're taking this very seriously and we're reporting on this trial accurately.
Speaker 4: I can just discuss your question.
Speaker 2: By using things that are occurring and that have been in the new news and media without giving you my personal thoughts on the situation. But you're right, there have been several figures who have been a part of Diddy's professional and personal circle, artist, producers, bodyguards, assistants that I've died young, often with causes listed as pneumonia, cardiac arrest, undisclosed causes or accidents with limited follow up in public records, and even allegedly murder. You know, KVD came forward in the courtroom and shouted out, Puffy offered me this amount of money to kill Pok. I mean that's in transcripts, on record, on legal record. Now that's allegedly according to him. I'm assuming that if at some point the FEDS want to look deeper into any of this is more of like the rack tearing side of charges, that there could these things could be followed up on, and that the appropriate amount of time and investigation could be given into any of these situations.
Speaker 4: Most recently, the example that I can think of.
Speaker 2: Is I'll be sure he has come forward and been very vocal about the suspicion the suspicious deaths, especially in regards to the twoenty twenty two coma that he fell into, claiming that he was almost murdered and that foul play was involved that he believes Ditty was involved with allegedly, and he also allegedly pointed to Kim Porter's twenty eighteen death, officially from pneumonia as very suspicious and potentially something that Ditty was allegedly involved in. I know that he's written a book, and he also said that he was subpoena for this trial. I don't know that we'll hear from him, and I don't know what details the book has it, but there are people that are coming forward and making very very strong, serious allegations in regards to what you're discussing. But I do want to make clear that there's no verified evidence yet that Diddy is connected to anyone's death. And just because you go down rabbit holes on YouTube or see a bunch of TikTokers put something together, take all of that with a grain of salt. These are very serious charges and they do need to be proved. But the volume of allegations emerging, whistleblowers, suspicious timings of some of the deaths, I don't think it's unreasonable for people, even like I'll be sure to publicly question the official stories. It's circumstantial, but it's troubling, very troubling.
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Ryan, So let me just say that this podcast is the only coverage that I have been obsessed with, the only one that I have been sending people. So my question is, while he's away, do you think that he has people keeping their eyes and ears to the streets in terms of like what movest publication is spreading X Y z about him? Who's saying this about him?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: What now? So he can have people carry out dirty work for him?
Speaker 2: I love these questions because normally I'm covering trial stuff, which you know is all the legal technical stuff. But this is what the streets really want to know. So thank you for your question. Does he have people carrying out potential dirty work while he is in jail during this trial? In my opinion, yes, it's entirely possible in theory. It's also historically not uncommon in cases involving powerful, wealthy individuals facing serious federal charges.
Speaker 4: So I do want to.
Speaker 2: Though, break down some things that can be related back to trial that could suggest that this is absolutely likely occurring. There are multiple lawsuits and testimonies Cassie kid cut Ema that have claimed that phones were monitored, associates were being stalked or followed, victims feared retaliation, a whole lot of that going on, a whole lot of that going on that for years prior to anyone even understanding that all of this was going to come out.
Speaker 4: That scared a lot of us.
Speaker 2: And then a lot of testimony that people were paid or pressured to stay quiet. All of that is alleged during testimony, and those would all those would all lean toward yes being the answer to your question. Also, I do want to say during the bail hearings, federal prosecutors presented compelling evidence suggesting that he engaged in witness tampering while incarcerated. There were unauthorized communications from jail, There were seized handwritten notes, there were social media campaigns. I remember at one point hearing a call between him and his children somewhere near his birthday or on his birthday, and him kind of like yelling at them to make sure to get that video out with his baby on the table and them all singing Happy birthday, and they were Someone was like, hey, Dad, like the lawyers are saying we shouldn't do that. That's not a good look. They said to like, absolutely not post that. And he was basically like, I don't give a fuck. It's my birthday. Post it up. I don't care what they say. And that kind of showed me. I mean, that's all like, you know, paraphrasing the overall idea that I got from it, But basically that's saying to me that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even really about the genuine connection that he was having with his kids on his birthday. It was him wanting to prove to the world that he's still on his birthday and maybe show all the support his kids are giving him, to show some type of humanity in favor of him prior.
Speaker 4: To going into trial.
Speaker 2: But as far as the unauthorized communications from jail, he was using other inmates' phone access codes to make calls. Allegedly there were three way calls where a party would call somebody and he'd be having conversations with them. He was using a service called contact Me ASAP to reach unauthorized individuals. There was also in his third attempt, I mean, the man attempted three times to bail out and did not, and the third one was contested a bit, but that's rare. Normally you are able to bail out if the judge does not see you as a risk or threat. And there was one point in which they were able to show a potential line of payment to somebody who had come forward in the media and made accusations about certain people that were involved with the trial being you know, wanting the parties, wanting the lifestyle, and being inconsistent to you know, what she experienced during her time with him. But you know they were able to trace the money on that and it didn't end up working. And the judicial findings at the end of the day, I can read them to you. The US District Judge sub Romanian denied bail, stating that there was compelling evidence of Combe's propensity for violence and a serious risk of witness tampering. The judge expressed doubt that any combination of conditions could reasonably assure the safety of the community or prevent further obstruction of justice. So with that being said, those are the judges words. There's been a concern for it prior to this trial, and I don't think that concerns like that and behavior like that wrapped themselves up within a tight little period of time that it's been since bailing, since his bail requests and his trial began. So yes, I would suggest it's a real possibility and let's see what happens. You know, that's in the jury's hands at the end of the day. So call in ask us anything you want to know about the ditty trial, any pressing questions that you have, any concerns that you may have, Please leave us a voicemail, leave us a text message.
Speaker 4: We'd love to hear your thoughts. Once again.
Speaker 2: The number is one eight four four four ask us Q. And for those of you who just want the numbers like I always do, it's one eight four four four two seven five eight seven seven