Speaker 1: Not to get sexy, but I had a great shower.
Speaker 2: Mmm, what's a great shower for you?
Speaker 1: Just hot and long?
Speaker 2: Just you know, yeah, do you do the thing where?
Speaker 3: Man, when when I have a long I always pull my forehead against the wall right underneath the shower head and just like I'm like a guy in an action movie, you know what I mean, Like after he like pulled a bullet out of his arm and just like let my head like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just lost your best friend and you know revenge is coming, but you gotta process it emotion.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly exactly. That's how it's so.
Speaker 3: I think so many in my shows like that was a good It's like it's some fucking form of an eighties action film cop shower and yeah, man, I fucking did it.
Speaker 4: Dude, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty six, Episode two of the Daily s.
Speaker 2: Eygeister production of My Heart Radio.
Speaker 3: It's a podcast or we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. You knew this because you also know this. It's Tuesday, July ninth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Did you know this? That means it's National Dimples Day? Don't have them? But good for you if you do.
Speaker 3: It's also Cow Appreciation Day, National Sugar Cookie Day.
Speaker 2: That's it, dimples, cows.
Speaker 3: And sugar cookies to just you know, sprinkle over your wonderful July ninth.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, all of the agendas exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: The only thing cuter then dimples is a cow eating a sugar cookie.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that's true? Well, imagine a dimpled cow getting a hunker cookie.
Speaker 1: I just ejaculated.
Speaker 2: Good. Thank you for being honest. That means I will be honest and I will say that it's me. I had an accident. Yeah, well, please allow me to introduce myself. Yes, it is I Miles Gray aka the Showgun with No Gun aka the Lord of Lancersham North, Hollywood's finest, and I'm thrilled to be joined by my guest co host, comedian, actor, writer, improviser what name you name it, He's done it all.
Speaker 3: Please welcome to the microphone and also lover of skate culture too. Gotta say, got to say that we talk a lot about skating, especially nineties early out skating together.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Mark Burr, Yay, thanks d thanks for having me. I'm really good to be here. Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: I love you. I sound like a quadruple threat all of my but all of my abilities are deeply non threatening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like dude, he loves a good skate video, loves a yes, and.
Speaker 1: Loves a hot ten minute stand upset exact, just the least scary and shower with an orange.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Well now see now we're getting into the business. All right, that's let's talk about a shower.
Speaker 2: Maybe a peach shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do a peach shower because peaches to me. Or it's even sloppier than an orange, you know.
Speaker 2: And I go in there with a rack of ribs. Yeah you do. He slappy ribbon.
Speaker 5: There, just completely like like by I hide the ribs like goulum with the ring right right right. But then when I'm done with the ribs, I'm just like washing all the source off.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Now you're understanding the practicality of the shower food.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just yeah, take your racker ribs in the shower. It's much cleaner that way. Ah.
Speaker 2: And well you heard the voice right there. It's one of our favorite guests when we have something tech to discuss. He is Look, I'm just gonna describe him as one of the greatest Raider fans of all time. Obviously, I think that's no. Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh one of the member of a large class action suit. Oh are you right now? Is this something going on?
Speaker 5: No, no, just I'm a season ticket holder. It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh right, yeah, well, hey, shout out to Davis family and shout out this very fantastic tech critic with giving us all the news that you need when it comes to things like the rot economy and the tech sector at large. Host of the Better Offline podcast Uncles on Media Please Welcome, and zich On on What's Up YouTube Welcome. Yeah, well yeah, we'll call YouTube today.
Speaker 2: Eventually we will be there. We will be there. I don't use YouTube. I have no idea how well.
Speaker 5: I mean, I use it, but like the idea are posting videos on there scares me because every single time I've watched someone with like huge following on Twitter, huge following on face on like Facebook or Instagram, they're like, I'm gonna post my videos on YouTube, and they get like five hundred views.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, YouTube's just the just the brutal.
Speaker 3: It happens because you're trying to You're basically when you do that, you're trying you're starting over, because that's a completely other ecosystem. Although some people do, like with podcasts, some people just only use YouTube to listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: It's strange. So that's terrifying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the least you that's that's an insane way to consume podcasts to.
Speaker 3: Me, just to have, just to have like just like YouTube with a static graphic screen playing ay man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I also let people who do it and they've just got the shittiest video feed.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it's like.
Speaker 5: Flipping and you can tell they're doing I feel bad because they're trying to get ads right, and it's just yeah, YouTube, true nightmare, but a great place to find Elliott Smith concepts.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I've.
Speaker 1: Been down that rabbit hole. That's usually a good indicator that my my mental health needs addressing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Someone takes to me the other day and was like, oh, you listen to Elliot Smith?
Speaker 2: You okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 2: How right? I know what time it did? Absolutely? Yeah, you want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: No, Oh man, I'm drowning in unchecked depression. Why do you think I'm watching all these glorious concerts.
Speaker 3: Do you think as I'm feeling good, trying to fucking I'm trying to pick out a wound right now with music. But anyway, Ed, it's good to have you. Obviously, we're going to talk about things. I mean, at first, I was like we I've just been so obsessed with the cyber truck and all of the families.
Speaker 5: I saw one for the first time a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Wait, you just saw it for the first time. I feel like Vegas crawling with them.
Speaker 5: Not see one in Vegas. I was in New York and I saw one. It is such a funny vehicle. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so small. My mom someone for so small. My mom saw one for the first time and she got angry about it. She's like, I saw this car. It was so shiny. It looked like a box and it was it was just it was really ugly looking.
Speaker 2: I was like, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: She's like, it was just so shiny. I don't understand it. And so then I pulled up I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, was it this? Was this the card that hurt you? She's like, yes, that piece of shit.
Speaker 3: So I want to talk to you a little bit about Tesla, what's happening over there the cybertruck. But also there were some two stories about tech that I definitely wanted to get your input on because they intersect with a lot of things we talk about, like you know, climate change, and also the state of.
Speaker 2: Generative AI that we thought was, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Gonna be like it's a good total disruptor. I mean, mort and I were just talking about. Did you see the like the fanview AI like beauty pageant that just went down.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Oh, so there was this whole like AI generated beauty pageant thing that happened, and the aberration that was created that represented Morocco one twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's look this up.
Speaker 5: So AI beauty pageant. Let's got to look at these beautiful ladies. I'm single. I hope one of these beautiful ladies will be my AI wife.
Speaker 3: They will if you go to fanview or subscribers can get accents to exclusive content. It was put on basically by the only fans of.
Speaker 5: Oh, they look exactly like every AI generated There's a weird thing with AI generated people, even taking away the fact they usually have ninety fingers, right, they have like this weird glossy look to them, like they're not looking at the center of the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, it's not it's not dead eyed, but there certainly is no spirit or soul behind the eyes. And these these ones especially like they look all right in photos, but then when you watch the video, it looks like it looks like a cyboard trying to learn American English. Yes, like the gesturing is wild and it doesn't match the words at all. Yeah, it looks like it looks like the mouth and the body are being controlled by two different puppeteers.
Speaker 5: Basically, it's so good that we're but like we boil an entire lake to create a picture of Garfield with huge knockers, and like that's the future for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what that's what we proped up your earth.
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to see what Joe Biden would look like as the three breasted woman from Total Recall and that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you wanted to see the Philly fanatic with Joko makeup, Yeah right, but in an anime style, and I should see.
Speaker 1: Marge Simpson Simpson in a mini skirt, like I wasn't gonna make it to the rest of Well, the thing is.
Speaker 3: You could have got your There was already Simpsons erratic content out there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm just saying there are there were huge Like so those are the people whose jobs I'm worried about this Human beings used to be making that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely the greatest artists, our greatest artisans, absolutely so. And we're gonna talk about that and plenty more. But first we have to ask you, since you are our guest today, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are, what you're into.
Speaker 5: Let's go take a look. Okay, Coming Up Ros's lyrics so Elliot Smith again.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: And then effective incident on early on gd in early nineties. Sorry, that tells you everything.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. The effect on GDP of the early Internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the effect of Internet on GDP in early nineties. Okay, someone posted in the Internet in the early days. It doesn't Actually, it also didn't affect anything, and it absolutely did. Like this, we'll get onto the Goldman Sachs report, but like, yeah, they like none of this compares to the early Internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just sorry.
Speaker 3: I know the song Coming Up Rose, but as I look at the lyrics of Coming Up roses Byley Smith. I'm a junk yard full of false starts, and I don't need your permission to bury my love under this bare light bulb. The moon is a sickle cell. It'll kill you in time. Your cold white brother will ride in your blood like spun glass and sore eyes.
Speaker 2: This is so uh good.
Speaker 5: And the cold white brother theres Elliot Smith. He was a big rap fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the brother, Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was doing him and he and him and l cool J at the time. We're trading distracts.
Speaker 2: So that's oh my god, I call him white Kendrick. Could you imagine? Yeah, it doesn't even make sense, Like, I don't know. I'm sure people would take that to like in a way. Yes, I agree ed. What's something you think is underrated stretching?
Speaker 5: Because I've sucked my body up again very briefly. I didn't like I managed it. So last year I was doing great mentally, and so I just massively overtrained lifting and boxing and then couldn't work out for eight months because I just messed my arms up. I was also massively overtraining and I didn't stretch before lifting, and I paid for.
Speaker 2: A big Yeah. Yeah, just a bit big, big done. I like mumble. It's like, dude, I was fucking working out so hard, Like how it was so stupid? It was so dumb man, How did you not?
Speaker 3: How did you get so serious about like fitness and then like just completely ignore like the tenants of you know, good.
Speaker 5: Oh I was extremely depress okay, but I was just like in a really bad way, and like working out a ton made me feel less. So I'm like just dealing my mental health to everyone on here.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm not a good thing again.
Speaker 5: But I didn't stretch yesterday because I was a dumbass and feeling feeling crunchy today.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know how to be nice to my friend Ed You might like him when you get to know him.
Speaker 5: That's what my therapist tells me.
Speaker 1: Put down Elliott Yeah, not that he's not one of our great lyricists. He is, but you read these lyrics and you're like, oh, yeah, the people that listen to this immediately need to go see a professional.
Speaker 5: Thing with Elliot Smith. He killed himself tragically, and it's like people like shocked at the time. Did you listen to any of his lyrics? You're like, oh, yeah, how did you say something with Chris Cornell. Sadly, Chris Connell like vividly described killing himself and people.
Speaker 2: Like shit, he was depressed. It's where we're like this. Those were funny songs. Man, one will do no one will do me in before I do myself.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, that that's about like Jack and we thought it was all just checking off.
Speaker 2: That's what that was about. Big goon. Not an AR fan either, but okay, I'll like to ask you this one. Well. Also, I gotta agree stretching.
Speaker 3: I'm realizing I need to do more next stretching because I'm self sedentary.
Speaker 5: A next stretching thing now is so banging? Oh yeah, I got send a resistance thing. Yeah, I'll send you a link. It's called next Level.
Speaker 1: It's so it's like, yeah, no, that's excellent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because of an Instagram ad where Patrick Mahomes is using it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh it's a product.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And what's funny though, is I bought it and I was like in my head insulting myself saying, oh yeah, you're just like Patrick Mahomes. And then my trainer was like, you do realize though that he also has a neck, right, Yeah, like he too? Who has a neck and you have a neck, and you both have the same neck muscles. So in that sense, so in that sense, this will help your neck. You will not become Patrick Mahomes. And then I saw the ad again and he is using the top level extra pro thing.
Speaker 2: His neck must be just oh yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: I'm looking and what not just any neck. I'm looking at the photos of this.
Speaker 2: Guy and it's a neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks like he looks like Dwayne the Rod Johnson fucked. Let's see Elijah Wood.
Speaker 2: I think like.
Speaker 1: He's okay, whoa, you know what I'm saying. Beautiful eyes and that neck, my goodness. But that voice, yeah, does he have a weird voice. He has like a Kenny Powers voice. Yeah, his southern Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: There's a video of him after the super Bowl talking about the party that he was at after the super Bowl and someone cuts immediately to the Kenny Powers but was going, yeah, we had the fucking spoon Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fucking spoon Man torches and ship and it's exactly it's so close, uh ship. That was one of my favorite lines. And he was talking about partying with the spoon Man on his lose a Boast as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like, but such a good perspective into his world. He was like, oh yeah, I think the depex of socializing is the spoon Man from the Fuck Wow. Speaking of Chris Cornell, he's like fucking out here being like, yeah, man, I just hanging mare Spoonman.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: That Stevie Little's character is maybe one of the greatest television characters of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I never get that show enough of a chance, but I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you damn fix.
Speaker 2: Fuck you ass bud. He calls some guy ass blood.
Speaker 1: He also there's a Curtis like he decides he wants to look different, so he starts getting all the surgery. He gets a giant's ice blue context. It's hilarious and I'm really gonna watch this show and you guys want to see ap bio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, now that I wish that show went a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Just Dennis being a teacher.
Speaker 4: Horror.
Speaker 2: He's horrible. Yeah, he's worse than this.
Speaker 1: Terrible dude Mike O'Brien that created that show. He's like one of the great improvisers. I know him a little bit from Chicago, Like, I'm not surprised he made a brilliant show.
Speaker 5: The underrated thing though New Metal and I have a specific one. Okay, there's a band called Osi that did a cover of Elliott Smith's Christian Brothers, and by the way, a New Metal version of Christian Brothers is really bad news. As where as my therapist didn't just text me, yeah, hey, I got a notification about a song you're listening to, and it's like, it's so it's so good, but so like New Metal, it sounds like it should be on the commercial for a young adult book that got made into a movie called like Injustice three Unjustice. It's so it's so good Osi Christian Brothers. It's so good, but also just like, oh boy, what is good? Like I listened to it a lot and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, not a good just a quick taste. Mmm, oh god, that's so filf I love it. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm you're a little bit of a little a little late nineties emo guitar and there am I crazy a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's very la guitarist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's also just like cheesy in a white like I'm I'm very one thing. I learned good from a mental health, as proven by the music I listened to, is just being fine, fine with sincere stuff I got when I was younger, I got a little bit too down the hole of being like I must be cool, I can't like mainstream stuff. And now I'm completely the other way. I just what on TV like this stuff? I'm like, oh, yeah, it's so shit. Oh a filthy little pig. Give me some new new metal, right, No, that's.
Speaker 1: That's a sign of maturity. Like I will straight up listen to Katie Perry now you know what I mean. That's also wildly optimistic, also good for your mental health, just to like a blind optimism of that, you know, your dude, let them know what you're worth.
Speaker 5: I'm listening to a band called spokes Beard that was very positive in that it's like seventies style, like seventies style, like psychedelic music. I was listening to them, like, why am I listening to a happy song?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went Christian Brothers. Oh man, yeah, no, I listen. You gotta be listen to what you're like, man, listen to exactly. That's why, like as you get older, you get off the whole thing, like you like that fucking band. You like that show? You like that. It's like, dude, like life is fucking miserable.
Speaker 5: You have to want to die at least twice. And then you're like, Okay, sure, oh.
Speaker 1: You're finding some joy.
Speaker 2: Nice dude, keep it up for you. That's all you got. That's all you fucking be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh you're coming around at Oasis. You know what, that's probably really fun for you, actually Oasis.
Speaker 5: My only problem with them, I think the music's mediocre is the I was very much part of the camp, the camp from the Niners and Blow is just a better band and I can prove it and now the power point.
Speaker 1: But I'm not talking about better. I'm not talking about no musical goods. It's not just pop shit. All they did was internalize and rip off like a lot a lot of the Beatles and a little bit of the Kinks.
Speaker 5: And they alsoized in such where they're making me incredible cover if I'm the.
Speaker 2: Warris too, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I mean for me, I only really care about like maybe the like three songs that's on you know, Morning Glory, what's a story Morning Glory? And then I need that I'm not really aware of them, aside from like the Gallagher brothers showing up at like Manchester City matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nor do you need to be.
Speaker 5: One comic got shoved outside of a man City match at QPR by Noel Gallagher. You did because I was in his way? Wow, all right, I've been saying some stuff to him too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's tantamount to an autograph?
Speaker 2: Were you?
Speaker 5: They actually also lost the game, so he was not placed a man Sea was cramp.
Speaker 2: This was before they were approached by Dubai. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was back when QPR was like CAUSI competitive, so like twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Like when oh, like you know, Adelta upt was one of their great wingers. I remember, a very tricky winger for Queens Queens Park Rangers. Yeah, we didn't have a great winger back then. We lost Kevin Gallon, we had less Fernandy basically died. Oh dude, fucking killed me liking soccer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say, because I'm like, hold on now, because I remember it was trying to get to the root of you your sports thing, and now I know you died inside because of Queens Park Rangers.
Speaker 5: You don't imagine if you could see like thirty five Raiders games a year, and they were worse, right, right right. And it was also also it was in a not great neighborhood, so every time you went down there it was kind of like. I never got hurt or anything, but I worried about it. I think everyone did.
Speaker 2: That road laftist roads, kind of a roads.
Speaker 1: Not great.
Speaker 5: It's it's come a bit up more upmarket these days. This where I grew up. Who's fine, I grew up about fifteen fifteen minute walk down the road.
Speaker 1: All right, it's hilarious. How much of this conversation is gibberish to me? Like you guys may as well be speaking esperantoo? How much of that?
Speaker 2: I thought? Yea, and understand, we're here. We're here, just we're here to talk that wild shit. I just remember, wait, Harry red nap, but I think man should keep your didn't he? No, that was a long time after I stopped. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, Well that do we do? Yeah, we didn't do? What? Over rated? Because I've got one. Oh, here we go, boys overrated, the boys show the boys.
Speaker 5: This this season has been dogshit on top of it.
Speaker 2: It's lazy.
Speaker 5: It's the last few seasons have been lazy that at first it was like slow, it was violent and gory, but they were surprising moments. Yeah, you're like, oh, they're exploded. Now it's like every episode they explode like nineteen people and they even begin the episode with clips of them exploding people. And also, I swear to god, Carla Band's accent is worse and it was already pretty bad. And I'm sure the defense is this is a prestige. I'm not offended by it.
Speaker 2: Wait which actors.
Speaker 5: Are Carla Band, the Butcher, Billy Butcher.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Because if he wants it to be a prestige, he should go further, he should be more ridiculous. But right now it's in this weird way and what sex is. It's like he will say like West and East London things, which is just very weird. I grew up West London and the accent is different there, sure, and honestly can change depending on the area. East London is very specific and bleeds into the rest of London. You get a lot of East London slang and he will just say, shit, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Like what's a what's a East Londonism. That does your ear in.
Speaker 5: He will be like, it's fucking diabolical. That's one of the better ones. I've heard people say that. But I'm trying to think of the examples because they're it's like trying to remember a gibberish sentence.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, Yeah, he's got a knockoff.
Speaker 5: You's up with Marvin and you're talking about And the thing is, if he wanted to go further, you should just go completely This men toss on a timpoy like Life of a Brexit Geezer style. Right. If you've not seen those videos, please watch them all.
Speaker 2: Take George, I have to. They are my favorite. Wait, Life of a Brexit Geezer sounds and.
Speaker 5: It's Life of Brexit Gezer is amazing, by the way.
Speaker 2: That's that if you've not watched it, it's a tree, it's a series of memes with a It's back in Black by a CBC playing and then it's life of a Brexit Geezer. Oh yeah, you can't meet the.
Speaker 5: Wife, Susan. Here's my little Princess's she lovely? And they find the worst pictures of people and it's like pitch looking lovely to day lads and it's just a brown field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: No, I have watched those more than I sho good.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, it's something to get.
Speaker 5: Into and the boys does things very well sometimes, like they've got the bloke that I can't remember the name of who was in The Walking Dead, Jeffrey something.
Speaker 2: I'm so bad at actors' names.
Speaker 1: Which character Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Speaker 2: Kesler. Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely fantastic. He is so good the whole time. He's so such a schmaltzy actor. He's brilliant. And Carlo bann Is just sounds like he's having a stroke during reading his lines.
Speaker 5: Because they're so off. And again, no problem with making fun of British people. They deserve it, but get it right or go way over the top, just commit. Are you going to be authentic or just bad? Because I think bad would be really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite sort of kind of offensively silly British gibberish is like that toss Pots tis Pot pull of Titley whitkz exactly like you can go for it, go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like it's like anything when you start walking that tight rope of accuracy. You're gonna get people who are gonna be able to figure you out and be like, ah, just look, I'm used to hearing it shitty. Just go all in on shitty. But if you're gonna try and trick me, then you need to put in more work.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's I watched The Lighthouse the other day. I hadn't seen that what I came out like two years ago, I think. And Robert Pattinson is not bad, but he's up against Willem Dafoe, who's incredible, you know what I mean. And his Pattins's accent is is this very strange mix of like mostly Irish and New York kind of back and forth, sort of like you're you're talking about. It's a real weird move.
Speaker 5: Oh, and he's not bad, but the actual sugar Sugar is the funny one with Colin Farrell. Mmm, cause he's meant to be like a hard boiled detective.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, yeah, I went I went to the bar to check.
Speaker 5: Checked out the bar with the Pierce just like Irish, but it's so good you don't mind, yeah, right right, Like it's just that's by the way, is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone should watch Sugar Do till the end. Okay, good to know the boys. The boys Sugar a bit hotter.
Speaker 3: Check in with us after this break where we will dive down into the dregs of the tech world and the economy right after this and we're back. As I said up top ed, initially, I was like, we got to have that on. I need to know what's going on with Tesla. I need to know what's happening to the cybertruck and we are going to know. We're going to talk about that in due time, but there are since you are here, I just didn't want to touch on two AI stories.
Speaker 2: That popped up over the last week. First, we have Google downplaying slash ignoring the energetic cost and what I mean is the energy that is used to run AI. It almost like, based on this report, it looked like they were not actually quantifying what the toll was on the environment for them to be running their AI program.
Speaker 3: It was like it was sort of like, you guys must know, you guys must know, And they're like, and you know, it's who's to know exactly how we can measure that because clearly it runs a foul of their own stated efforts to be mindful about climate change.
Speaker 2: And so like that it looked that felt like a bit of a cover up.
Speaker 5: Would you say now that they've actually increased their carbon emissions by forty eight percent over the lush five years. I think it was I think it was Rachel Metz and Bloomberg who reported that, which is so good. It's so good that they did that. Now, just a little thing though. Twenty nineteen was when they started this, so hey, that was before generating AI. Not true. Large language model has been around a minute. But also they've been plugging AI. They've been trying to do other AI things too. They just don't give a shit. And what's great is I think Microsoft were like twenty eight percent in the last few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something else. It's so good. It's so good they're doing this.
Speaker 5: We need to boil the ocean right for big titty Garfield totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I can't wait till we lose the species of baboon, just to make sure that we have like Thomas the tank Engine but a sexy lady.
Speaker 2: But smoking blunts man from a new album cover my SoundCloud.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I could turn the guy from r I p Bozo into a real human being, right.
Speaker 5: Oh god, though someone was doing that with this AI generated videos thing. They it was like the woman the mean way the woman is turning, it is like looking at her boyfriend because her boyfriend is looking at distracted. Distracted the foolessly described and they did. They did like a video version. It just looked insane, and they're like, this is the future.
Speaker 2: I know, And I don't know all these.
Speaker 5: People recent concussion victims, are they just insane?
Speaker 2: Well? Look do they know?
Speaker 1: They've devoted a lot of time to creating this ship, so it has to be the future for them.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you tell me.
Speaker 3: I post a little like there's like the one of like the evil little girl looking the camera with the burning house behind her, you know what I mean, And then they animated that or like she then looks at the camera and then like a firefighter comes over and she's like nice to meet you, and you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: What what is this? Like what you need? This is what was missing?
Speaker 1: Or like the feature length film of the Dog and the House on fire with it this is just fine? Yeah, right, I need that to be a two and a half hour drama.
Speaker 5: I have no imagination. I cannot imagine means.
Speaker 2: And also meet right, and when I look at a meme, I need to know the entire backstory and you know, subsequent happenings and contained within this visual there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need HBO level true detective style production work.
Speaker 5: And I need a MAX level series of franchises to follow it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh you're giving now, you're putting on some good ideas. Oh what's great?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 5: It is all these AI people they love to say, like, yeah, yeah, I can finally watch Narcos with Travis kelcey and miss the Beast in it.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, that's the fuck you. Why do you watch television? Yeah, I watch the sort I can control the television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about so it's all yeah, it's all men trying to control the universe. That's not all this shit is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that person, and I'm too scared to do psychedelics and trip in my own mind and figure shit out.
Speaker 2: So I will make the AI put Travis kelce in the boys.
Speaker 1: I need to give Ellen double d's because I'm incapable of meditating.
Speaker 5: Right, I love it too, because it's not even like close to doing one of these things at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's not even slightly close.
Speaker 5: You can't get like you get like a half a minute long video that takes about twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: I've talked to people.
Speaker 5: If you Saura the open AI generative video thing, and you do you wait like ten to twenty minutes for a three to twenty second video and it will sometimes just have sheet you didn't ask for. But there were these guys that did have about a guy with a balloon for a head. Thrilling huh, And every time they generated it, it was a different looking balloon, and sometimes the balloon had a face on it.
Speaker 2: They're like, no, the balloon is the head.
Speaker 5: The I was like, yep, yep, balloon face, got it, got it, ballonhead right there. It's like they're mimicking how they deal with those significant others. Yeah, I think, sure, whatever, fuck it, here's the blue balloon head.
Speaker 2: What else? Yeah? Fuck it?
Speaker 5: Okay, I need to read the computer more. And it's so cool that this also costs so much. It's just I live in hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look at this stuff. I'm just like, the fuck why are we doing this? Why?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, right, I mean the huge part is that this has become the new thing to prop up the tech industry and just bring in a ton of investment and say that this is the future and promise things that it cannot do. And you know, as I think as listeners of the show have have watched or listened, it went from me going.
Speaker 2: Like, holy shit, dude, it could fucking.
Speaker 3: Pass a medical exam, to now, after like interacting more with experts in the field, being like, oh, it's right. That was that was the point of that early shit to get me to think like it's gonna fuck the world, and it's really just a lot of chest puffing to try and get more investment, which brings you to the second thing that happened.
Speaker 2: Goldman Sachs. They had a report where they essentially said the thing most of people like you, Ed and our past guests who have been, you know, very vocal doubters about the AI revolution have also said the sort of there's like a blurb within this Goldman Sack report about generative AI that's essentially it's like, yeah, it's not that great and also no financial upside. Really hard to see that.
Speaker 5: So this report is like thirty one pages and it came out June twenty fifth God called David's Javid Jesus Christ Jacob Silverman.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, Javid ak.
Speaker 1: It's a cool name.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah.
Speaker 5: He posted it a few days ago and I sat there on the day after July fourth, July fifth, as it's known, and britting it out, read it on like physical paper and just sat there just like pissing myself laughing, because there is a bit in it with this guy called Jim Cavello, who is a head of global equity research at Goldmn Sachs. And this guy just sits there and goes, no, this is this is stupid, this is bad. There's a whole bit where he talks about people a lot of the defenses of AI. They're like, well, the early days of the Internet were very expensive, and he's like, that's not true. People point out read out quote fear. People point to the enormous cost decline in servers within a few years of their inception in the late nineties, but the number of sixty four thousand dollars Sun microsystem servers required to power the Internet technology transition in the late nineties pales in comparison to the number of expensive chips required to power the AI transition today, even without including the replacement of the power grid.
Speaker 2: He just this guy. I'd never heard of him before. He's been doing this decades.
Speaker 5: There are articles from like nine years ago saying, yeah, Jim's been on number one analyst for since two thousand and nine. Wow, And he called Intel early when Intel was going through bad shit. He used to be a semiconductor's reporter.
Speaker 2: He even adds that this is the best part on this thing. He's saying.
Speaker 5: People say, oh, yeah, people didn't predict smartphones, and he said, actually, I sat through thousands of presentations predicting smartphones in the two thousands, right, and they pretty much matched to exactly. He even says, yeah, we all thought GPS was going to be in a phone. We all thought that was gonna happen, but it wasn't cheap enough yet. And he said, no such roadmap exists for AI. And there are multiple other people in it. There's a guy called smo Glue from MIT. Let's see, yeah, Darren smo Glue. He's an institute professor at MIT. His whole thing is just saying, yeah, it's not gonna have much effect on productivity or GDP everyone's estimates, but.
Speaker 2: They just sit there and they're ruthless. They go through them line. But and I just put out a newsletter about this, and it's crazy because gold and Sex, no soul, not a soul in that building. They're not doing this because they're like.
Speaker 5: We need to let people know, no, they're doing it so that they can get This was a report. I don't know how this was distributed. It wasn't sent out to the media. It was just sitting there. And what's wild is this was probably sent out to people just saying, yeah, I would just start and it even says where to put your money as well. It's like it's talking about how you should keep investing for now. But this has got maybe twelve to eighteen months.
Speaker 2: Which I think is a bastic and it's just brutal because it's one thing.
Speaker 5: I've said it a lot. I said it in like March, I was saying this kind of thing. But I am a guy, like I'm just the guy. I run a PR firm, I do a podcast. This guy is there are blockades of analysts, the MIT guys, very well known professor.
Speaker 2: So I missed that.
Speaker 3: No, I just know I just thought I was just doing some promo I said better off where he's sub pushing the newsletter. That's what shout out where's're aed at, shout out basement jacks, shout out Rudy.
Speaker 5: But what's great about it as well is the bit where there's an interview with Microsoft's form A VP of Energy and he's just.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, we need to build a new power grid. We need a new one, we need a new one. And by the way, uh, America really isn't capable of doing this. Wow, it's just like this kind of is American. Yeah, it's just for.
Speaker 1: Stuff that and that no one wants and is not good for people like that.
Speaker 5: There's a bit where Jim Cavello even says it's a trillion it's gonna cost a trillion dollars to get this done, and there's no trillion dollar problem. It solves and it needs to solve complex problems and it.
Speaker 2: Can't just it can't.
Speaker 5: He doesn't go like it could. He's just like, not can't mean it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It feels like with this, like to have the Wall Street money be like, I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It feels a bit like the reckoning is now upon us and like, I mean, how will sort of the lack of confidence in generative AI from a huge player like Goldman Sachs like affect things Because I feel like, normally in another industry, like the industry would respond with some new shiny product, but the last few new shiny things the AI industry has trotted out have fallen like woefully short or ended in drama with Scarlett Johansson. So I'm like, is there is there any kind of rebuttal from the industry, like how do they kind of keep the ball moving? I get that some people are trying to be a little bit revisionist and be like, well, this happened with other things that were early on that entirely changed our economy, But this feels I don't know, like what.
Speaker 5: Jim Cavello quite literally goes off to the specific points where people say, well in the past, it's like, it's not what happened in the past.
Speaker 2: He cools it revisionist history. He's he's just complete gloves. It's not neo. At the end of the matrix, it's kind of beautiful. Oh he puts the bullet out of the air.
Speaker 5: Just stuff that, but also just the one handed knocking of the punches, oh yeah, and he'd been like yo, yeah, yeah. And because Cavello doesn't give a shit, he's probably insanely well paid to be good at this and actually is. Literally a month ago, Goldman was saying, oh, yeah, a I could grow.
Speaker 2: We're optimistic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they have they have too many analysts and this guy's the head and it confirms my biases. So I'm going with this guy. But with this movement, it's very strange. So I wrote a piece of a couple like a month or so ago called the rock com Bubble. The biggest problem that tech has right now is it doesn't have any hypergrowth markets. It hasn't had any for a while. If you actually look back, it's like twenty fifteen at the latest that it ran out of ideas well, that was around the time of smart watches. Oh okay, smart watches, connected fitness, smart home as well, smart homes, big twenty tens thing. They were like, this is going to be huge, and it was huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but neither two things you need and it's over.
Speaker 5: But not like cloud compute, e commerce, the actual big movements, and there hasn't been one for a while. So you've seen things like crypto. Crypto I actually put to the psite because crypto was not adopted by a lot of the tech industry, just a lot of venture capitalists. Metaverse ar, augmented reality VR. These things popped up and they were like, Okay, these are the future now. And I think it's because none of the people at the top actually use products or build anything. They're all management consultants. Almost every tech company is poisoned with NBAS. But on top of that, the AI boom is very scary for them because it's been so successful hype wise, it's got so much attention, and they've told so many lies. They've lied so much about it. They've said it can do things in the future that it literally cannot do. There is no situation where generative AI is going to become the kind of viciual general intelligence they call it. Right, that's consciousness. It's a math machine. It's a very complex math machine, but that's.
Speaker 2: All it is. And computer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's going to take a minute for this bubble to burst because they've all doubled and tripled down. But what I think is going to change it is two things. Number One, I think a big AI company is going to tits up. I think there's going to be someone like cohere, who was it here? They made an AI powered software engineer that they actually had to fake the demo for.
Speaker 3: You look behind the scenes with most of so many mechanical turk ass fucking stems.
Speaker 2: That they trot out and be like, no, it's doing it. It's a dude behind a curtain. This wasn't even a dude. They just didn't. They just faked it. The video just faked it. They all like the video there it is yea and a guy, a software engineer, just cut between it. It's like, no, you see that. The time moves right.
Speaker 5: Great, So one of those companies is going to go tits up, and when that happens, that's going to scare the venture capitalists and then they're going to push their startups they're invested in to start selling. I also think Character Ai is another one that raised one hundred and fifty million dollars from Andres and Horowitz so that you can talk to so Thoro Gojo from jiu Jitsu Kaizen.
Speaker 2: In a chat bomb.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah wow, well, I mean it's not like that fucking manga comes.
Speaker 2: Out very off anyway. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry, it's gone around there. But also at any time in the next few quarters, I believe the market will go Okay, so we love that you're spending hundreds of billions of dollars or nothing. Have you made any money?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: And if you look in the recent earnings, every single company is like, yeah, AI, revenue is gonna be incremental. It's gonna take a minute, but you know the future's future is good, right.
Speaker 2: And at some point the market's gonna say, hey, why no money come out?
Speaker 1: Why not like me like money money now?
Speaker 2: But he is no c money and what's going on?
Speaker 5: They probably have two three more quarters, but I think like two, this can only go so long, go on so far. At some point they have to be like, there's no money coming here.
Speaker 3: Like fuck it, get Miles Dason out here. We're doing Skynet man.
Speaker 5: And it all goes back to the guy called Jack Welch. You should look up Jack Welch did the whole thing of the shareholder supremacy last week.
Speaker 1: He is he of the Welch's group family.
Speaker 2: No, no about Geo ge g e Oh Jack.
Speaker 5: Welch, Yes, the one who the man Great book called the man who destroyed capitalism by Derek Geis David Gellus Jesus.
Speaker 1: I wish he was the great Man. I want to hear from the great Man, but keep going.
Speaker 5: But basically that man taught the world of capitalism how it is today. Please it's like an eleven thousand word newsletter. But nevertheless, everything has come down to a point when all of these tech companies are built to show growth and build for growth. They're not built to build thing stuff people want. All of them are run by NBA's Mark Zuckerberg. Fun fact about Mark Zuckerberg. One of the defenses of Mark Zuckerberg is he's a coder.
Speaker 2: Right, He's a guy. He's the guy who coded Facebook. You want to know when he stopped coding two thousand and six. O ooh, my man has not coded for eighteen years.
Speaker 5: The Facebook is a mess. He doesn't give a shit. But I think also meta is one of the weakest ones. I think Meta is probably one that's going to have trouble. But I think if anyone's gonna get their ass raamed for this whole generative a I think it's Microsoft, Microsoft and Google. But Microsoft, primarily because they're spending so much on buildouts. They have become Oracle's biggest customer because Oracle builds data centers. I learned that very recently, and it bothers me. We're all looking at this and I think, honestly, it's just getting bad. I just think most people realize how bad it is. Most people are pissed off about this, and most people would love it if AI actually was useful, maybe not taking their jobs.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Another part of the Goldman Sachs report, by the way, is them repeatedly because remember these people, not particularly so, they don't care.
Speaker 2: They care about money. They're just like, yeah, and it can't even replace any fucking jobs. They just like, it doesn't replace jobs.
Speaker 5: But it's a fine argument in the sense that if this was actually the future I wanted to but yeah, if it was capable of doing that, that would make it worth all this shit.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it's good.
Speaker 1: It would be good for the altar rich, and it dystopia would for everyone else.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: But also they want you to believed that it's so fucking insane. It's just when I I feel crazy when I read this stuff, because you read this and then you look at these companies like Google putting AI in search, which nobody liked and.
Speaker 2: Told people to eat rugs and put gluem pizza. Everyone knows that bo Their stock went up. Their stock went up when they did that. Yeah, and it's just we live in a Looney Tunes world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where it's like, yeah, a few buzzwords and a few investors of note get involved in.
Speaker 2: It's like, yep, line goes up now and we don't need what I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, did you say did you say vertigal vertical integration. Here's thirty million dollars. That's all you had to do.
Speaker 2: That's why I like soft Bank. Have you heard of soft Bank? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So soft Bank Japanese Japanese venture firm. They just give shit tons of money to the Work. They gave like billions to Adam from we Work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And at one point Adam took a loan out on his Wi Work stock like over I think it was like over one hundred million dollars and then defaulted on it because the only thing he'd put up as collateral was his we Work stock, which was now worth like twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And soft Bank was like.
Speaker 5: Well that'll happen to l Yeah. I love I love Masaoshi Son. I think he's amazing. He goes up to you and you're like, I need three billion dollars. He's like, no, you need five.
Speaker 2: Billions dollars and I got it right here. Oh yeah, but I need to invest this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I called hard Bank, baby, this is gonna be tough.
Speaker 5: And then Masayoshi Son, I know, gone on about this. He said that he'd been put on earth to create an intelligence. He fucking yeah, he he was put on earth to create official intelligence, super intelligence that's ten thousand times small than a human.
Speaker 2: I am super serious about it. I love you good. That's the thing. If you're going to be like this, be.
Speaker 1: That, be crazy, go on, yeah, be the super villain.
Speaker 2: We does caution to the wind.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we're gonna come back and we're gonna talk about another stock where the line just went up and I need to know why because I thought it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: That's Tesla right after.
Speaker 3: This and we're back and yes, ed another stock. I felt like a few months ago on the show we were talking about how the stock price for Tesla, the performance has not been great. There was a flood of like, well the sales are short, and then like Elon got his pay package and then everyone's like, yes, he's back, baby, And the last few weeks have seen a huge increase. One headline said it like wiped out all losses. They're in the green for the first time in twenty twenty four. And this is because Elon Musk is a genius.
Speaker 5: Correct, it's because he's Jack Welch two, a great man. What he is basically just like the great guy and not the guy that at the Alec Baldwin character from thirty Rap thirty has effectively in heart. But I was voted most Yeah. But the thing is like their deliveries are still down. They beat tor Street estimates, but they were still down four percent four point eight percent year of year. But the stock is like two hundred and fifty bucks now it's a meme stock. And I don't fit and I don't I think it's impressive how bad it is at this point. It's so horrible.
Speaker 2: It's like watching a very bad person win again and again and again. Yeah and truly.
Speaker 5: But also even though they voted his stock package through, the Delaware courts, still made it clear that it was not like it's there's there, things will change. I just don't know when anymore. Tester is just so fucking bizarre. I bet Google and Meta are so jealous of him because it's just disconnected.
Speaker 3: From one percent. I mean speaking of like like you know, promising shit and never delivering on it.
Speaker 2: Like what's going on.
Speaker 3: There's like this, there's a new sort of self driving update and a lot of people are like, yeah, baby, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Happen, but this has never fucking happened.
Speaker 3: Still, and the fleet of robot taxis that you could lease passively in your sleep while you make passive income while you're catching z's that's nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: And I'm just always it just blows my mind how I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's definitely definitely cult like because they're the detractor aren't really the detractors who are vocal kind of get cast aside. And there's so many people who are like, it's okay, man, that this thing fucking sucks, Like the cyber truck fucking sucks. Objectively, it fucking sucks like it got I took it to a car wash. It fuck it got fucked up. My control panel fell off, the fucking side panels fall off, the charging issues. I can't get the charger out. It broke my finger and it accelerates when it wants to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I drove into a house on accident.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just it's very weird and there is no stock out there like it. But also it's up today. I maintain this ship will burn. They are Techy's out of ideas, and so is Elon Musk. The cyber truck is ridiculous. It looks like shit, it's small. It's a terrible truck, terrible car, it's terrible deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't even pay off on its promise of being a truck. Like there's so many hilarious things I say. I read it where like someone's like, you couldn't even put a bicycle flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't put a blanket it. You could put a Christmas tree in? What the is it?
Speaker 5: My favorite one is this guy who was like, yeah, it took my truck to home depot and he got like four bags of mulch.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw that too, Yeah, just like oil.
Speaker 5: And someone was starting with I did this in my Toyota Corolla.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: As a guy who likes cars, I could say we're very dumb and it is all about like me, you want to be seen in room room machine, Like I just want something that looks like a Ferrari or something that looks like yeah exactly, so yeah for sure, but yeah yeah, but I'm just saying if it's if you like the aesthetic of the wow factor of the truck, which you you know, being sure a nine year old, it's it's that's.
Speaker 5: All you need, you know what, Ima Simpson?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, Yeah right, yeah, if your Homer Simpson, who thinks whatever hackers from the late nineties thought was cool is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what like, that's what's wild is there. There's just such a pattern of bullshit and yet like like to your point at it's like the guy keeps fucking how like that not a single thing he's promising is happening, and people are still willing to like make all these excuses for why this cybertruck isn't actual in an L on four wheels, and they're just like, don't worry, man, this is what happens. And now there's like some new thing about they're not calling it a recall, but they're saying they're going to change their motors. And some of the early cyber trucks, and I'm like, just suck is this?
Speaker 5: It is all spinning plates. And Elon Musk is very good at that. He genuinely has worked out the limits to which you can push capitalism and push the markets and lie to the markets. Right, So he lies to them, and he lies to them, and he keeps lying, and they keep eating it up.
Speaker 2: At some point they're going to run out of electricity. He was about to say gas, right.
Speaker 5: Because there aren't any new things with Tesla. Deliveries are slowing down. Yeah, the actual fundamentals of this stock are not brilliant. On top of that, Elon Musk may or may not do a bunch of fucking ketamine right. Also, a lot of his companies are very unprofitable. Tesla's actually profitable. It's just very weird because this crap works until it doesn't. He's just very good at keeping it going. It's two hundred and fifty bucks now, it was like something else, Like it was like one hundred and et or something like a few weeks ago. It's just at some point the worm turns. I'm just no idea where it's going to fucking happen anymore. I thought it would be by now, it would partly because it'd be entertaining, but also.
Speaker 2: He's a shit head. Yeah, what fucking asshole. He's so annoying because all of this money and he's like, yes, sir, it's very epic and base to post the fourteen words and oh jesus yeah fourteen okay, so he retweets them.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and he's like got Twitter, which is just burning money, just constantly burning money. SpaceX is funny though, because people say, oh, yeah, they're profitable now they're playing fucking accounting games that they're not really Like, there's a Wall Street Journal piece about this. So Wall Street Journal piece about him. Just fucking random woman at test slur and spicex as well.
Speaker 2: This man's a goblin.
Speaker 3: It's like everything is so unlikable, it's so upsetting. And then I saw did you there was this? So they had one of the like head lead engineers like a while ago when they were trying to create all the hype for the cyber truck. He went on like Jay Leno's garage like YouTube channel, and there's this clip where he's talking about the side mirrors and he's like, we didn't even want side mirrors on this thing. I'm just gonna play this because it's like to me, I'm like, wait, hold on, how exactly does Tesla do things? And so Jay is like the question he's asking this engineer is like, were there anythings that like you wanted that just got like completely shot down?
Speaker 2: Like what were some other like bold design choices you made? And this is him talking about the side mirrors, the side view mirrors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we I mean, we didn't want mirrors, right, and so in the beginning, we weren't even designing mirrors.
Speaker 3: I like how Jay Leno goes, huh and he goes, you didn't even want mirrors.
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, that part is so I played again.
Speaker 6: We didn't want mirrors, right, and so in the beginning we weren't even designing mirrors. And then just we couldn't get the regulations changed.
Speaker 1: Camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, did you hear that?
Speaker 3: So he goes, and you know, we couldn't get the regulations changed, so you know, we had to put him in. So I'm like, as half of their the way they ideated sort of like, well, can we get the laws changed so we can like get this hair brained ship onto the car?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like one break the law.
Speaker 2: How big?
Speaker 5: But what if we just changed it and then that never.
Speaker 1: Works right and paid enough money to change the legislation, which is what they're assuming they're gonna be capable of doing, which they probably you know, it's just surprising that they weren't up to because I was saying, like all car designers forever, they've wanted to get rid of side mirrors, Like all aesthetically all car car designers feel that they like weird ears coming up of yeah yeah, yeah, so like these but but they all know like, oh and also we have to have mirrors. But the humors of these dudes is the same kind of hubris that is like, oh, we're actually not gonna die. We're we decided we're gonna upload our consciousness and totally totally defeat mortality.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: This is the level of like presumptive hubris that we're dealing with.
Speaker 2: You know, they just don't.
Speaker 5: I genuinely think these people just take cabs everywhere.
Speaker 2: That tracks at a level of wealth. Yeah, people don't just don't drive. It's the theme.
Speaker 5: Across everything we're talking about, summed up A shy of Google doesn't use Google such in a Della of Microsoft.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck my fing, I put my thumb up and now the zoom. Now we'll keeping this in. I just want rows your fucking video screen. I have a video stream right now.
Speaker 5: This is an important AI related thing that proves my larger point. So if you raise your thumb in front of the camera now on zoom, it does a weird pop up bubble of a thumbs up, and then it freezes your video through the power of AI. And that's exactly the ship that someone would like. Eric youan see of Zoom, or any number of people at Microsoft to Google who don't use their products to think that sounds great, that's awesome. What if on top of showing my thumb, thus giving the thumbs up, it also showed another thumb. Yeah but Dan, But this is the problem across all of this. Elon Musk doesn't drive anywhere Google Sunpshit doesn't google anything such a Nendella doesn't use fucking Microsoft word. He probably sends outlook like emails. But that's about it, right. None of these people interact with the economy with labor. They don't do work, they don't do anything, so like, of course, yeah, I done. If fucking mirrors on a car. You asked, white, right, you know I need to see behind you. That's what my drivers for.
Speaker 3: Right exactly. Yeah, this thing can go off road, cut to it cannot really go off road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said it.
Speaker 2: Could double as a boat.
Speaker 5: And then like someone's test cyber truck got totaled because he drove it through a very small puddle of water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't even actually reach like the door I saw like where they showed where the water reachs. Like it didn't even really even get in the car, not even close. And like the insurers like, yeah, dude, we're not fucking we're not touching this thing. Sorry, it's so cool. Yeah, I love all of it.
Speaker 3: Well, And now, like you see too, a lot of cyber truck owners, there's like a bunch of stuff too where they're like, this is how you remove your side view mirrors from your fucking cyber truck. And I'm like, that's a great idea. Your seven thousand pound missile car now has no sure because it just looks cooler.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: When I mount my fifty cow machine gun in the back with my big American flag and you see a lot of people doing this like it it's just interesting too.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 3: It also has an appeal to people who are also not quite living in the same reality as us, Like you see so many people who are like putting like they're wrapping it to look like a World War two fucking fighter plane or someone mounting a machine gun and having like a gigantic American flag because it looks like a meme they saw and they're like, and that's what it does.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a meme. It's a terrible car and I hurt my thumbs trying to load in some kibble. So thanks you on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so good. And I love that this guy is a billionaire. That's good as well. Yeah yeah, yeah, there are times you get a little bit black piled when you think about this stuff too much.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I mean it's I know, it's hard, especially again, like you said, you're watching someone who's an evil doer just continue to compound financial wins, and you're like, I don't, but again, that's how the game is set up, so if you know at a certain point you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's inherently competitive, so those that cheat win. Here's my thing is, I really do feel you guys probably won't agree with this, but I feel like being that rich is a wild burden and terrible for your for your spiritual life. That it's because think about this way, like if I don't if I have very little money, what is required to make me happy. All it takes is a shower orange.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I just need one peach to take into the shower with me. But if I'm wildly rich and I'm used to spending millions of dollars, the amount of money I have to spend to get more new exciting sensory information is cocaine, ketamine and a couple of sex workers who have to do stuff that is not even sex anymore, you know, Like right, you know so, and then you watch what happens with these you watch what happens with these people too, which is the profound lack of maturity, the internet behavior of a thirteen year old who's like, yeah, what if I tweeted the word queef? Can you imagine?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Twenty Yeah, you're pretty funny, It's absurd, you know. So, I'm so grateful that I don't have that amount of money.
Speaker 2: We're real, we're real.
Speaker 5: Hand it over to me and I'll tell you how it goes. But also I agree, I actually think when you because the thing about someone like Elon mosk Mark talk about sand got paid two hundred and twenty million dollars to fuck up Google in two thousand and sorry, twenty twenty two. These guys they don't have bills, right, they don't have wait in the morning worrying about anything. Yeah, but they could get fired that day, get nothing in return, and have probably fifty to one hundred million dollars of liquid capital and a bunch of assets, and probably walk into another job the same day. They don't have trouble getting introduced to people. They don't need to worry about career progression. They don't need to worry about anything. All of the things that they person worries about pretty much any income level are just concepts to them, and problems that you have are things that they can mitigate in pretty much every way. One musk could probably look better than he does. He just chooses not to, which is very funny. But it's I think when you think of it like that, like it does sound like hell, But at the same time, give me the money, give it to me.
Speaker 2: I will be smart enough. I'm smart enough to know what I don't.
Speaker 1: I'll have for that, Ed, I'll support you. Get in couple bill.
Speaker 5: But also on top of that, only CEOs, and this is such a cheesy thing to say, force them to therapy.
Speaker 2: You can't be the CEO of one of these companies without like three hours of therapy a week, hour and a half beginning or week or you know, just cap the fucking the wages that you can get a CEO and then you know, leave it there.
Speaker 3: But Ed, I gotta thank you for stopping by and uh, you know, just making me feel even better about my Heritage series or Foundation series cyber truck that's going to be delivered later today.
Speaker 1: I've seen that. That's beauty, all those eagles on the Really it's.
Speaker 2: A beaute dude.
Speaker 1: Gotta say it's a mute.
Speaker 2: Got conan right there.
Speaker 5: I'm a solo woman for the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, oh yeah, dude, I will. I will.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining us on the daily side, gust Ed, where do people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you, hear you, read you all of that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Where's your edge dot at Better Offline dot com you can find me.
Speaker 2: Where's your ed ed at?
Speaker 5: Which my newsletter and my podcast Better Offline. Please go to that link, download every episode, listen to every episode. Force the people you know with a knife to.
Speaker 3: Listen to it every episode, like a common Gallagher. Yeah exactly, Yeah, forced them at knife point. Is there a work of social media or otherwise that you have been joy enjoying?
Speaker 5: So there is a tweet which I will get you the link of after the thing where someone tweeted and I'm paraphrasing here, but it was like I saw your man crashing his flying machine in the town square. Your man was saying confound it and drat or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a wonderful tweet. Yeah, I saw that one too.
Speaker 5: Who is it also one another thing I've been laughing at, which.
Speaker 2: Is I underscore Latino.
Speaker 5: So sank Yagira, who has had a very strange turn, posted going to debate the omniliberal and wolfshbreed and on Biden staying and or dropping out. Brianna wo is on my side for dropping out. I have never heard a conversation I wanted to hear less. Yeah, Jesus, like it's between that and ten minutes of people punching dogs and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it's toughy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only Destiny I'm interested in was a Microsoft product.
Speaker 2: Destiny I care about was Destiny too, But then I guess that was Bungee technically, right, I'm by Sony PlayStation now. Ah see How the Mighty Fall, How the Mighty Fall? Mort Burke, thank you so much for joining me. Where do the people find you? Follow you? And what's a tweet or something that you've been liking?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just at mort at mort Burke on all your socials, your Instagrams, your tiktoks. I got a couple of stand up shows coming up on Wednesday at Barba Beanie in on the east side of La Beth Stelling's closing, which is gonna be awesome. Yeah, dude, it's six.
Speaker 2: She's the best.
Speaker 1: And then I'm doing Flappers in Burbank Friday at ten and then Saturday at nine. That's where your Boy's gonna be. Uh So I'm excited about those shows. Come on out, do tons of laughing, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, come on through and.
Speaker 2: Yeah you you like to laugh, right, I'm all do who shit?
Speaker 5: Ed?
Speaker 1: I feel like with your with your workout regimen, I could Here's what I be looking for is that it seems to me that the stronger you get, the sadder you are. So if you show up just completely shredded, we're gonna send you to the emergency.
Speaker 5: Oh no, just like just like flexing in the bag.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, man, let's see, I'm trying to find a good come back to me on that one of my dogs.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh, let me see a couple of tweets I like. One was from a Zeitgang listener at Glamino.
Speaker 3: We were talking about how the Costco Rotisserie chicken went to like a bag versus like the enclosed plastic dome case that it came in and how people were losing it. And at Glenn Know tweeted me and said, you mean like this bag. In Australia we call it the bachelor's handbag. It's so perfect to call the chicken ro the free reache Chicken is the bachelor's handbag. Love the Ausies. He always always giving us something to laugh about. And another teet I like is from at Tradwife twenty forty nine tweeted.
Speaker 2: You've just ordered pizza hut in a two liter mountain dew. You've loaded up RuneScape on your PC. No school tomorrow. Your parents don't care if you stay up all night long, a perfect summer night. You are forty one years old. The year is twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: That's just a legitimate tweet. That's not a joke.
Speaker 3: That's just yeah, yeah, that's happening. Look I get it. Happened to me yesterday. Look we see ourselves. We see ourselves, and we honor them more. Did you find that tweet that you were liking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a hot one from Will Sennett. I will strike tim I would strike Timothy. Shallow may out on three pigs slider outside. He feels like he's drowning her ball in the dirt. Of course he's chasing it. Ladyboard, ladybird, sucked, kill yourself and bang ninety seven inside corner. You're out. You were always out. You've been out since the day you were born.
Speaker 5: There was no There is a TikTok version of this that is one of the best. Will Senne is also one of the funniest guys alive. But also he has one where he does this, and he's a very threatening looking guy like he just he Part of his comedy is that he looks a little but he's a lovely fellow. As a very good podcast called a Closer Look as well. But he does that one, and he has an amazing one about Princess Diana where he just starts around. He's like, Princess dan Or, I can't give you much.
Speaker 2: You could move to the beautiful city of Cincinnati, Ohio, and you could have two children called like Chris or Gunner or something, and you know, we could see the Cincinnati Bengals, who should be good.
Speaker 5: And he just goes on this insane protected ground.
Speaker 2: He's amazing.
Speaker 5: He has another one about Oppenheimer as well.
Speaker 2: We'll send it. He's yeah, yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: Well you can find us at daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the daily zeit Guist on Instagram, got a Facebook fan page, and a website daily ze Guys dot com.
Speaker 2: Worry post our episode and our footnotes notes come out hollo back.
Speaker 3: Where we got all the articles we've talked about, as well as the song we are writing out on today. What song are we writing out on today? You ask, well, I think.
Speaker 2: This one is. Where is it at? Oh? I was just listening to a King Cruel track that I had not heard before, and it really really got much to tap it. Really enjoyed it. It's called C fourth s E A f O r t H King Cruel k r U l E. I'm sure most of you know about it. I'm late to the party with this track had me go on, so we're going to write out on that.
Speaker 3: For more podcast check out i heeartradio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your shows for free.
Speaker 2: That's going to do it for us.
Speaker 3: We'll be back later to tell you what's trending, and that'll do it for us later.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, p
Speaker 4: Dren, Doctor st