Speaker 1: What's the Della Sewan on Mafia?
Speaker 2: Go check us out right now on the Bootleg cav Podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey, before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, we want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine the Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, We over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four to seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg CAV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right. Let's get into the interview, all right, man, Bootleg CAV Show special guests in here This is actually the first time Phoenix has been on the show, which is crazy because we talked about having you come through most definitely short line Mafia o GZ. Phoenix Flexon is here. He real pandemic energy with the Pooshi sty.
Speaker 2: That's what the first is. This our first interview. Now we have a bus.
Speaker 1: I haven't came out yet. Yeah, okay, we're staffed right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys have been running around, man, motherfucker. Yeah, no, fucking Coachella.
Speaker 2: Coachella this week. It's Coachella weeks. Listen hotel, are you guys?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's gotta be just growing up as kids in La Coachella is like one of them thangs like you. I mean, it's like a championship belt. It's like an oscar damn near you know what I mean? You guys. Are you guys doing the airbnbing all that out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we got some normal ship, but I'm for the free style of finously was cracking to go to the after party.
Speaker 3: This guy's balls are shaved, he's ready.
Speaker 1: On the lowest key.
Speaker 3: Yo. No, I feel like I feel like that's just a big deal. Man. Are you guys, like, how how long is your sat forty five minutes. That's a fucking that's a serious out real in a real way. Yo, it's been crazy to just kind of watch, like, you know, obviously at the last four or five years, like some of the I mean, the last time you were here, I was like, Yo, what would it take? And You're like a big ass bag for us to get back together. So I'm sure there's a bag involved. You guys are getting money together.
Speaker 2: But we was already getting money separate, No, for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, successful tours a type of shit.
Speaker 3: Know, you guys are each your own industry, is a solo artist.
Speaker 2: But I think I think that's why it all came together even perfect, because I was at a point, we were both at points where it was like, then we're already making money, Like let's just do this just together. Like it became like more than just that.
Speaker 3: It was like, say, did John damn near like have to live a lot of life because I see you Jez talking about like just your personal growth and and you know, I feel like when when groups break up, there's egos involved, and then like you kind of have to have a point of recollection where you kind of a.
Speaker 1: Little I feel like both of us went on. You know, we both had our spiritualney too, you know what I mean, which is a big part of it. You know, I got humbled in many ways over the last couple of years, you know, to you know what I'm saying, This is blessing, you know what I mean. It feels good, nothing but good energy.
Speaker 3: We at what point in times, y'all feel like y'all like kind of healed whatever, Like weird tension was there.
Speaker 2: Just like linking back up and just like a lot of the first time we met up, it was yeah, we fucking we spent so much time apart, and that whole time was like healing time. So when we link back up, like you get you could easily tell what someone is on. Like, yeah, it was just like we're both different now different, we both like more mature different. It's easy to communicate, Like, you know, we're not kids.
Speaker 3: No more, right, right, right y'all as hell, y'all got fucking kids, you know what I'm saying, Like a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing, Like we both do everything we do for our kids, right, So it's like it's like, bro, why not like do the most that we can for kids?
Speaker 1: Make sure to established a legacy that our kids could look back at, like, Damn, it's crazy. Pops was Joints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, it's crazy too because I feel like your guys chemistry in the studio picked like right back up, because I remember going over bringing out some pizza maybe like a month and a half or two ago. And uh, I mean with the dope thing about this album, it's just you guys, but it felt like you guys were just like flowing, like it was just so cohesive.
Speaker 2: It was that you came by. It was like the last week to turn in.
Speaker 1: The album and cranking them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Me, And it was just like on a whole different level, like like the connection.
Speaker 3: Was like Dwyane Wade and Lebron Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was higher than ever. Like we were just back to back on songs like going crazy.
Speaker 1: Like you said, it was already going crazy on all It's like go cooling Vegeto when they turning to go Gito. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son would get that reference, not me, but my kid wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Like Dragon ball Z.
Speaker 3: I like, the only anime I watched is The.
Speaker 1: Boondocks That Don't Count, And I like that inn invincible dope that's one of my favorite shows right Now's crazy?
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Do you guys feel like because uh, I gotta say, your album is fucking crazy, it's your best album. And then I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking, so I was like, the best slap, bestuck work I've done.
Speaker 3: And then like a month later, we get this shortline album, which is you know, I mean front to back is crazy. I listened to it on my drive last week or like literally Thursday night and night had dropped. I was driving Phoenix. I do that ship. I'm like, damn, do you guys feel like this the best ship?
Speaker 2: Like most just vibes like our rapist polished, We we at a different level in our career, and like it's just vibes like we make party trap music. You feel me and I feel like we brought that.
Speaker 1: We brought that to And don't get me wrong, with all our projects, I've definitely listened. I'll listening to our music, you know what I mean. But this project in particular, I really and like, I really like I could. I listened to it a lot, you know, I really like.
Speaker 2: Uh, we we more polished, we focused, we at the I feel like we at the best stays in our life. Right now for SURETI the next days we get better.
Speaker 3: My favorite is the shortline twin song, Yeah video coming to Yeah, we got to talk about I've heard about this place that you place.
Speaker 2: I'm missing a few places in the song.
Speaker 3: Like Hong Kong and Hong Kong and China on Chicken it's in Mexico. Oh how Yeah? How is that good?
Speaker 1: Red outfits? You been there? I've heard about it though.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always wondered what was like like a Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 2: I had experts come in and let me know.
Speaker 3: You had a consultant all about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got right to put the verse.
Speaker 3: It makes sense you had someone go do recon. Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 1: The hommies want to go check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but Yo shout out. You also shout it out of my place, man, Jaguars and Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Shout out Jackson, Phoenix shout out.
Speaker 3: Jaggie's yes, sir, what would it's crazy Sam's crazy girls Booby trap booby trapped? Oh man, yeah you were That was the strip club homage right there. Man, shout out.
Speaker 2: Did you give some blue flame up to Yeah, blue flaing shout out, blue.
Speaker 1: Fla shout all the dancers doing that thing hold down for the cluse.
Speaker 3: What is your guys on the hard worker? What do you guys think is the best strip club in the United We'll keep it to the US US.
Speaker 1: My favorite was probably the Well I've had the most fun at, you know, because I don't really like strip clubs, to be honest. But Uh, he's got good ass food.
Speaker 2: She's got the Lobster.
Speaker 1: Detroit got good strip club food too.
Speaker 2: They got frid Lobster.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Booby Trap Like when I was hell a younger, we was out there.
Speaker 2: I remember, I've had some good life for Roland Loud Week and I have some good ass times that booby Trap with all the hommies, Like all the hommies are RP. It's not even here no more, Like I've gone up with them.
Speaker 1: So it was us. I think it was us, and I've had've been I've been to.
Speaker 2: I've been a booby trap with a lot of hommies. Is not here no more, like I'm thinking about it. Like the last time I was there, I was with myhummy Can for his birthday week RPN, Can you can man, I've been there with awful Josh everybody. So I've had some good ass times of movies. I gonna say movie trap because I've been with her with all my booby traps.
Speaker 3: The place where you walk out and it's like right outside it's six in the morning, and then you're like.
Speaker 1: Contemplator life, what did we just?
Speaker 3: The whole world is like the stock market's open right now, Like what are we doing? Like we just left the Tick club? Like what? Nah?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: For sure, yo, I wonder, like I always say when I think of like, uh, this entire era of I mean from like twenty seventeen to now, you guys, I say, you guys and Draco are the most influential artists in the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that much.
Speaker 3: Love everybody sounds like spinoff inspired. I don't want to be disrespect y'all, Hey, don't talk to interview my boy. But I wonder because because because I don't want to be disrespectful everybody, but does sound like everybody's kind of like a Draco or a shoreline you know inspired it keep a respect like that?
Speaker 2: It's flattering for sure, Like that that's what we set out to do. We set out to inspire. But even next generation, next group of people, whoever gonna do that shit for me, but to y'all because I mean wearing Yeah, we was inspired by other people facts.
Speaker 1: What do they say imitation is the biggest form of flat like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wonder because if you guys are y'all like it's like damn like I feel like when these conversations are had about Like there was a point.
Speaker 2: Though when we was like like twenty eighteen nineteen where everyone's making NonStop like shortline music and that made us not want to make that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like yo, everybody's on our ship. Let's just some new ship.
Speaker 1: It was like a hundred musty bottle service type beats.
Speaker 3: It's going around like, Yeah, I just wonder, like if do you guys care about getting your flowers in terms of just y'all's.
Speaker 1: Like places I feel like we do, like we get our flowers, like.
Speaker 2: Besides people telling us, like a lot of people do tell us, and even if you don't tell us, we see.
Speaker 1: Like like going out everywhere we go to the mall, it's like love everywhere, like a damn near a meet and greet wherever we go, you know, right.
Speaker 3: Now, just like because you know, there's like these like bigger hip hop mouthpieces that aren't necessarily like very very like well versed on like la hip hop whatever. It's like the academics of the world or the you know, the rap radars of the world. I'm like, nah, I don't really understand, Like this is like Shortline and Draco for real show.
Speaker 1: I'll go to meet on that for sure, I know, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. I feel like that's like Internet though, Like we feel real lifelove right, like we're a world love.
Speaker 1: Like for sure around the globe too, not just California, like everywhere one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Man, how do you guys feel like you improved each being separate from each other? Was it just because, like you said, you guys each have done tours and albums and mixtapes and features, and you know, I know that uh together as a group you guys. Obviously, the plaques are crazy, the tours are crazy, all that shit. But like being a part and having to kind of build up your solo brands.
Speaker 1: I'd say, sonically, like ship this the sound overall, like this the complete So I feel like he completely established his sound, you know what I mean, both of us. I feel like this completely found our sound, you know what I mean? So when we come together with our refined sound for the both of us, it just makes it that much more of a polished product.
Speaker 2: I feel like it makes it all better working together.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 3: Was there a solo record that each of you guys saw that you were like, fuck, that ship is too tough, man. I wish I could have been on that A couple couple for sure for sure. Yeah, like this fucking guy's got fucking number one records of radio.
Speaker 1: Still come on, going crazy, still.
Speaker 3: Fucking Geeka League is like never going to go away on LA radio.
Speaker 1: That sit so much that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: That's it's stuck on the radio.
Speaker 1: And then now I got a.
Speaker 3: Heat stick which literally will not stop being like on real ninety two to three dollars sticks like fucking eighty times a week.
Speaker 2: Just he stick just entered like the top fifty like something on radio.
Speaker 3: Like no, but they like won't go away here. I don't know where everyondhere else but in LA that shit is going up. It just went golder.
Speaker 1: Platinum congrats shout out the DJ spinning Man.
Speaker 3: First record back is gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how to do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? On the way to plat was there any sort of with the back with the back of Business album cover. It reminded me a little bit of the component reference.
Speaker 2: That's the exact reference was that a Board and Raised meeting coming up with designs for the Board and Raised collapse. And then one of the hummies from Board and Raised was just like, you know, because we're like, what do you guys want to do with the cover like obviously like something like nineties two thousand, like woo tang, like that whole error, and then he's like, oh, y'all got to do it, like cnn.
Speaker 1: I'm like oh, And the shot was so perfect, like the way it panned out, like it just was so perfect, so easy.
Speaker 2: That was a real like car explosion behind us literally for real, Like the guy risked his life doing this ship.
Speaker 3: Like where do you go to explore the car for now?
Speaker 2: Texas?
Speaker 1: The dude had to he had to, like he had.
Speaker 2: To wire fucking the ship to detonate. It didn't work the first time he had to go rewired, didn't work the second time he had to do it at third I said, yo, I said, we love he don't need to shot that bro, my boy like so I said it, I said it. I'm like yo, I'm like yo, we don't need to shot.
Speaker 1: Every time he went back, everybody he could have died, like for real.
Speaker 3: It's like some real like bomb squash.
Speaker 1: They got paid for that, so they're like, damn, we gotta make this happen, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then the director, our director shout out, he's like, we need the shot, we need it man, And I was faded, so I smoke it on said, and I don't really smoke like that, so I'm just faded. Like the nerve. It was a nerve ragging, like.
Speaker 3: You're in Texas? Does this guy have any nubs already? Like what do you mean? I feel like you could take it, Like in my head, I'm picturing a red neck who's already blown off two fingers as a kid.
Speaker 1: Profession it was like a professional.
Speaker 2: I know. He was like it could it could be over In the car was it like a limousine limousine?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So you guys had to pay for the car, Well, we paid for the whole ship. That's worth it.
Speaker 2: It was like one hundred and forty fifty REX with a video.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you've had a lot of experience as solo artists with Atlantic, but as a group together. You guys that were with Atlantic for years coming over to three hundred and bringing all the business to a new label, what's that been like for you?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been like night and day. Like how much love and support we're getting from the new team is crazy. The superhans on and then like Atlantic was stacked with like superstars.
Speaker 1: Way too much going on.
Speaker 3: They had no idea what to do with you guys. By the way, they're from the East Coast.
Speaker 2: They're stacked the superstars, and we're making them so much money and they don't have to spend money.
Speaker 3: They're like, wait, we don't even have to push the ship.
Speaker 2: Exact exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with three hundred, I feel like they're actually excited about what we got going on and want to want to you know, they're focused and focus on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think about like some of y'all's records that like they never really pushed the radio, like like Musty, like all these songs should have been have been cracking on the radio for sure, Like these fools weren't really like pressing the button. They were like pushing the button on like Cardi B and Ship, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Carty, no reason.
Speaker 3: So we love Carty shots Cardy, but I'm saying like they have like you know, I think what Uzie at the time.
Speaker 2: They had everywhere, they had everyone that you could think of, And I feel like if it wasn't for the hard work that we put in there, like we would have never made it to this point in our life, you feel me. We like DM there almost ten years in.
Speaker 3: Like, is it weird being ogs when you guys like are I mean, you still look like you're twelve, But is it like you guys are like OG's now.
Speaker 1: Like type shit shit like Yellow G's young OJS.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, but it's got to be kind of crazy because it's like there's all these kids.
Speaker 2: I honestly think it's like it's a compliment. It's like, Yo, not too many people can make it this long and this far. You feel me right, and we still really scratching the sir, Like they got so much more shit to do, and we got so much shit that we're planning on doing and that we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: So you guys also are like very when I think of like that twenty seventeen twenty sixteen eighteen, like era of like SoundCloud rap that had it started sound having heavy drug use the perk thirty fucking jerseys. Blazzi shot to him, Man, I had an astray here. Someone stole my fucking astray that he made. Was it a Lexus bastard he stolen? I think.
Speaker 1: The bend over back blass. He gets down with the little trinkets. Yeah, he's got all the trinkets. He's the drinking.
Speaker 3: But it's crazy. But like back then, like you guys were obviously doing a lot of drugs and ship it was kind of before like people were too worried. Obviously a lot of people overdose during that era. You know a lot of people. We lost a lot of artists who were.
Speaker 1: Don't do drugs kids.
Speaker 3: But like fetanohl wasn't necessarily like I wasn't a thing like that, right, So like you, you weren't as worried about like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't even know I around like that.
Speaker 1: Like we don't got to worry about it because I wouldn't even put myself in the position where I'd have to be even thinking about something like that. I get it hot, just ain't worth it overall right now, Like for one, if you're buy a lean it's like fucking three hundred dollars for a couple of lean Like, that's ridiculous, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when did y'all because you know, when did y'all get y'all's habits kind of you know where you come from? No, I'm saying, like, at what point in time did y'all realize like, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Got For me, it just had to get so far out of hand that I had to really take a step back and look what's going on in front of me, like and what I really wanted to do and which way I wanted to take, you know what I mean? It was really another option, but to clean up a bit, you know what I mean. I got kids and shit too, Bro.
Speaker 3: It's an expensive habit. You want to play with your life, and.
Speaker 1: I want to be present, you know what I mean. I don't like feeling like I'm I don't like feeling like I'm thinking from a third like you know what I mean, and not knowing what's going on forgetting shit like No, I like to be present and I like to be I like clarity.
Speaker 3: What about you, Jesu?
Speaker 2: I felt like I always pretty much had it, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was never you're never too bad.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was always trapping and like grinding it out so much that I couldn't even take time to enjoy it. Like I was always on top of everything.
Speaker 1: We didn't sit drink a couple of times, but he never had no like, yeah, I was always to move with that ship.
Speaker 3: You were never like fucking depending on the ship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was always like when we was younger, younger, I was always selling shit, so I definitely wasn't doing nothing. Yeah, and then that's like we got into like the party in stage and fucking the shoreline and everything. I was just fucking around from time to song.
Speaker 1: That's in peace to all you know what I mean. All the loved ones didn't gone. You know what I mean? It's crazy people, straight up, it ain't worth it.
Speaker 3: Do you guys ever think like, because I feel like you guys are associated a lot with like perks and ship obviously, like like your fans obviously have probably grown with you, but you guys have also grown a lot. Do you guys ever think back like, damn, we was really pushing some bullshit, like.
Speaker 2: Not really because I feel like we wasn't. We wasn't thinking about it, like we wasn't trying to push some shit we were just talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 2: What's going on around is like there's artists not.
Speaker 1: Days that come out and use it as a gimmick, you know what I mean. We was really rapping, like what was in front of us, you know what I mean. So it's not like we were just coming up with shit to say it and then people.
Speaker 2: And I didn't think about the influence at all.
Speaker 1: And right, you're not thinking because you guys are kids, and as we also speak out on it, like you know, more than a like more than enough, you know what I mean saying not to.
Speaker 3: Do you mentioned that word gimmick. You guys rose out of an era of just gimmicks for sure.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that's apart from everybody, is that we've never been like our name has never been in no bullshy, right, We'll need like fucking stunts to fucking Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because y'all were just doing dope ship. You guys are pretty like low key, you know, in the group's heyday in the middle of like artists getting signed based off of Instagram stunts or like there was I always say that's like the darkest era of the music industry in terms of hip hop, because motherfuckers were just getting signed, getting signed just because they that kids. Supreme Patty had a record deal though by the way, I think it was three hundred sign um. I don't know, but yeah, it's like if you think back to that era, it's like, damn, they were just like they were handing out fucking money, bro. But it's like, where are those folks? Like, I think that's what why you guys are able to sit here, you know, damn near ten years ten years later, because we were.
Speaker 2: Real artists and like we just.
Speaker 3: You guys weren't dependent on a gimmick or like some sort of like stunt to like sell. You know, just you guys made. The music was good. That's the other thing. A lot of that ship was garbage.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like shit, like great music is timings.
Speaker 2: For so yeah, our fucking records are old records, still keep getting plaques, they keep going double platinum.
Speaker 3: Still hear them in the club ship.
Speaker 2: This is about to go triple platinum.
Speaker 3: Like what's your guys's biggest record sales wise?
Speaker 1: I think Major Bends.
Speaker 2: I think Major Bends and Musty, those three and I think they're all going triple platinum if they're not already triple lating them and just not certified yet.
Speaker 3: That is crazy. That last tour you guys went on. I know I talked to you and you said that was kind of like what like after that tour, you guys kind of broke essentially win your ways.
Speaker 1: There's too much going.
Speaker 2: On to too many people. Too many Like we all had our own group of friends as well as the group, so it's like everybody they don't click on the road. So it's like it's like thirty people involved in like right really and it'll be all and everyone, a lot of people, everyone on drugs and getting fucked us. So it's just like it's just had to be too much miscommune occasion, too much people in people's ears, like you feel me, Yeah, So when everybody sucking up backstairs.
Speaker 3: You guys have like learned those lessons now, so it's now when you guys hit the road together, it's gonna be smooth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good things.
Speaker 2: And we're like just on different type of time and so like when I hit them up, we're like, bro, let's do something healthy, center positive. You feel me, like it's not like let's go fuck around, Let's go do this, Let's go do that right right.
Speaker 1: Right, going for hikes and going to equalox ship like that, get some marijuon okay, get good ginger shot.
Speaker 3: Ginger shots and wheat grasses.
Speaker 2: Well this shot all that?
Speaker 3: Are you still uh? Do you still have the uh? The what's the lip gloss you were doing?
Speaker 2: I was doing all types of ship you make up some ship eyelash is all types of doing all that.
Speaker 3: No, not really.
Speaker 2: I haven't been too involved in my merch, Like I dropped from time to time, but I'm not involved as I was because the music just has it's consuming all my time.
Speaker 3: Is your mom still helping you a lot with all that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She do all my merch. She do all the merch on the road still and she shipping it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So when you go on the road, your mom is at the table. That's pretty sick.
Speaker 2: I should like she'ld just with us in the club at Penthouse last night.
Speaker 1: She was in the section going to that's the Big Homegirl.
Speaker 3: What'd you say? Oh this one? Sorry? That's crazy? Mom at the strip club? Are you able to like be yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm turned through regardless. That's all I'm saying. I never like, I'm not like forced to do drugs, to drink alcohol because I'm just turned up.
Speaker 3: My mom is around, I'm like, but yeah, when.
Speaker 2: We're on tours, she keeps me, she kind of keeps me in check.
Speaker 3: You no, I mean, yeah, you got your mama on the road.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't gonna do nothing too stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing too stupid.
Speaker 3: Chilling, Yo, How dope is it been? I think to like the tour you had, the Mexicano t opened on, yeah, and then like after that ot goes crazy. It feels like, you know, uh, being a Latin rapper these days is not. It used to be like a thing you had to kind of like a mountain. You had to get over.
Speaker 1: There to get it for sure.
Speaker 2: Now it's like a think about think about how many critics there was when I came out, Like and not even just because I'm not regularly looking hispanics, Like when I first came out, exactly people, there's a lot of people's first time seeing me, right, Yeah, I think I for sure thought your music was just so good and you can I thought you were a median or white, and you could tell, like by the way I speak it, anything I'm talking about in the way I talk about it, like it's authentic, right, just had to respect it.
Speaker 3: But how cool has it been to just watch the whole scene?
Speaker 2: Kind of that's amazing. We just had We just had paced on brother in the club with us last night, so I left.
Speaker 3: Was sucking on a balloon. Jesus Christ. He came to the studio the other night with Alexus. Motherfucker looked like he was about to go to a kid's birthday party.
Speaker 2: Balloons and everybody on the balloons, anybody else see something doing that? Something not doing sip.
Speaker 3: Like like what are we doing? Fucking your brain up? It's the craziest. Like I just wonder how long it's gonna go before they're like.
Speaker 1: Just been going on for fucking ever though, Like I was at the.
Speaker 2: Front, like something shit is Yeah, that shuld get ben. They've banded in year, but also year cares about the fucking people more than the US.
Speaker 1: They should be Like the fact that the kid could just go to the fucking smoke shop and grab that ship is not.
Speaker 3: And it's flavored. Yeah, Like why are we doing It's obvious what.
Speaker 1: It's for, right, it's for with cream.
Speaker 3: Al is it? Yeah? No, that ship is uh it's diabolical man for sure. Yeah. Shout out to Bravo though Bravo Also Bravo is also one of the ones too who I feel like doesn't get enough love in terms of.
Speaker 1: Just you don't have to have to see it, you know. I played a big part of that, you know what I mean back then when he only had like shh. Yeah, they've been doing like two together and Forever did a project with him and he only had like twenty twenty five hundred followers. I've been fucked with bro music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's super talented man, good dude too, and he be working on something obviously him in the gym and ship. I'm like, you get your health together, get off them balloons, my boy. Fuck nah, it's crazy. What about Uh? Is there gonna be a tour coming after this?
Speaker 2: We announcing everything after coach, so that means yes, yeah, we gotta tal them tickets man and mandatory mandatory.
Speaker 3: Are you guys figure out how you're taking on the road with you? Not yet.
Speaker 1: I probably take one or two people with me on.
Speaker 2: I mean, like to open uh, we might not have no openers because we haven't even discussed.
Speaker 3: You guys can do a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: It's coming up.
Speaker 3: And because you guys each do solo ship, then you do. You guys can do two our set.
Speaker 1: We really could, you can't.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of music.
Speaker 3: You can take a breather while he does some solo. Shi, y'all come back out due right now.
Speaker 1: I ain't even thought about it like that, but yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys go.
Speaker 2: Two hours hard for show, not one hour cool, one hour cool hours.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back.
Speaker 3: You guys all out for Was there was there any was there like a uh? Was it purposeful to have no features? Was that something you guys like or it just happened that way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that people could really see and understand like we that like this that.
Speaker 2: And we didn't want to know and to be like, you guys have big features. So that's why y'all popping in. Yeah, like now we're back and we're better than.
Speaker 1: Ever said numbers on top albums. That's what is it.
Speaker 2: We don't need no one else no features?
Speaker 3: Were is this is? This is not a one time thing.
Speaker 1: You guys are Oh no, we're back. We were full effect.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna this is not the like like we're not gonna, you know, five years from now, but all right, finally get another this.
Speaker 2: Is the thing we're working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about you, Phoenix, Like obviously he just dropped his solo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm working on mine right now. We're gonna continue to do so all th ship you know what I mean. Right now, it's like he's breast head Like right now we kind of fully dialed down with the group with the what we got going on in front of us right now. But uh yeah, we're definitely working on our own endeavors still.
Speaker 3: Sure Geze, I had this conversation with somebody recently. We're talking about the greatest Mexican rappers of all time in terms of just success and influence, and uh, you're like on the motherfucking Mount Rushmore dog Like, it's like it's you, it's Cypress Hillo.
Speaker 2: I think Cyrus Cuban.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Rory might know. He's a I think the Cuban or something, Cyper Cuban.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're Mexican. Yeah, he'll be basically Mexican burner to burn, But in terms of like, Bro, I just I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you might be the goat when it comes to the Mexican rappers.
Speaker 2: Bro, I feel like it. I feel I feel like we influenced so many like and especially we influenced the Mexicans. It's not even rappers, just how we like arrested Pluma and all the cord Thos guys like these fools dressed like you.
Speaker 1: To see the love that we get from that from that crowd too, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny because there was that whole Cordino's way that started popping. Wants to do his name, I'm a mispronounce his name because I'm just gonna readly. I know it's Nathaniel Cano, but I know that that's not how you say it. Yeah nothing, Yeah, but that motherfucker was dressed like he was in Shortline Mafia Whole Double Cups in like two thousand and Like.
Speaker 2: We we really we really like inspired a lot of people like you when you hip hop, and I think that's what's beautiful about Like when we started.
Speaker 3: When you guys you got to link up with JLP and ship, did he give you guys love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jafp's been showing love like someone had told me to check out his page because they been he had been following me for a minute. I didn't even know who he was. And then, uh, and I'm not talking about right now, I'm talking about years ago. So they're like, Bro, he's always playing your music. He's like next to do this shit. So I've been following JAILV for a minute.
Speaker 1: I remember Barber Hector. I think it was twenty nineteen. He had got a FaceTime with Bro. He was put in my face time with me. He was telling me he fucked our citing shit back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what they got going is crazy. Yeah, you really don't feel like obviously I'm not. I know some of the music, but it's not like I'm fucking old white. You know what. I remember going to that show in Vegas. I took I took Mexicano tea to meet him, you know, and uh, they sold out the Tmobile arena and that ship was lit. I was like, God, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I let us see it. I let to see everybody winning like fat for sure.
Speaker 3: And now all these labels are like thirsty to sign Mexican.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a thing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where would you guys put like obviously man you know, shot shot too many science Swaye who obviously passed away before.
Speaker 1: His time recipe, I got him tatted on me right here.
Speaker 3: He was somebody who you know also was very much ahead his time.
Speaker 1: He's also that was my boy for real. I brought him on his first tour. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, can you guys talk about just kind of him as an artist and and like, you know, I feel like his legacy was cut short.
Speaker 1: No, definitely, he was different, Bro. Like his sound and everything it was it was dope. It was so dope to see it because it was so original. He didn't sound like nobody else that was out. He wasn't like kind of getting behind anybody else, you know what I mean. He was really like coming and coming with shit that like I sound nobody's ever heard before, you know what I mean, right from everything to the dancing, the way he dressed, to his music. You know what I mean? Bro, is really that resting piece of hommy for real.
Speaker 2: I never I never got to meet him, but uh but I know Phoenix rocked with him. I know a bunch of my people used to listen to his music and shit, so I used to I ended up listening to the ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw the video of him and y'll just like got posted like probably but one of the last videos. I'm like, damn, what such a sad situation.
Speaker 1: Man, It's unfortunate for sure.
Speaker 3: Man, what what what? What's are you guys so in contact when any of the other guys used to be around? Because remember the first time I interviewed Job was like for y'all or some ship y'all came to the station. I know you guys are the two guys, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I gotta feel like we both got like a whole I mean, we got like our day one homies. Of course, that's like our homies from high school and ship are still there, you know what I mean? And we did. You guys go to high school together, no, like within a couple of miles up from each other, because you're from Hollywood. Where you from Hollywood grew up for the he went to Marshall Yeah okay, and then uh I bounced around though. You know what I'm saying, East Hollywood is like fucking gnarly b Yeah. People don't understand that.
Speaker 3: People get it.
Speaker 1: Comments people like are they from like all right, come down here, just walk down the block or something.
Speaker 2: You know. East Hollywood is griary, Yeah, like you'd be driving, but I like it. I think that's what made this difference, because you could be in the all that and then you go to Hollywood Boulevard. Sure it's right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to Hollywood High.
Speaker 1: We had fun. I ain't gonna lie. Growing up, we really have fun.
Speaker 2: Like really turned though.
Speaker 1: Ship. Bro.
Speaker 3: It's like it's almost like growing up in that like tourist area. There's so many licks to hit, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so much shit to do, so much.
Speaker 3: It's like like I had, like I lived in Vegas forever, and all my homies who grew up there, they're like, bro, you understand, like the money we get off these tourists.
Speaker 2: For sure. That's how I was trapping it out over there.
Speaker 1: It was fifteen fourteen at the pithouse going up that ship's wild.
Speaker 3: Did you guys ever do the thing where you would be like on Hollywood Boulevard trying to sell CDs? Nah?
Speaker 2: No, I never did.
Speaker 1: The that's thirsty.
Speaker 3: That's a thirsty still to this day's mother trying to sell CDs.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: And I'm like yeah, and shout out to my son was a real piece of ship because we were walking. We went to U David Busters recently, the other one right there, and my son's a dick, and he like goes up to the rappers. He's like, hey, right there, that's crazy. Dude tries to bring me and see, I'm like, buddy, i'ma be honest with you. I don't know what I'm gonna do with this.
Speaker 1: I got a TD player.
Speaker 3: Where am I supposed to play it at? It's just a while.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You gotta have a certain type of resilience to be like I'm gonna stand on this street.
Speaker 1: And trap these CDs out.
Speaker 2: I think they more so trying to get bread music.
Speaker 3: Right. The crazy ship is how fucking how offended and mad them fools dressed like the Transformers and Spider Man ship. Get if you take a picture and you don't tip them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's that costs.
Speaker 3: Get mad. Try to take a selfie would a it and.
Speaker 2: It'd be straight weirdo in there?
Speaker 1: Sure you got?
Speaker 2: You got?
Speaker 1: You gotta be a cat to you know, Like, what come?
Speaker 3: I look at the people who dress up like that on like Las Vegas Boulevard in Hollywood Boulevard, and I'm like, they're kind of like carnival carnies. Like there's no way y'all ain't got a crazy track, like like like like rap sheet.
Speaker 1: For some wild ship, some wild ship j cash for sure for big jectivities, Yo, Uh.
Speaker 3: Is there any is there anybody else at Coachell? You guys are looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Seeing Lady three six Mafia for.
Speaker 2: Six Mafia sia. I really remember, Yeah, three six would be crazy for sure.
Speaker 3: You guys have worked.
Speaker 1: Together Green Day.
Speaker 2: DJ Paul made the last track on the album we did live on with the pim sample.
Speaker 1: Fire and they cleared it for us. Much love both of them.
Speaker 3: That's big man.
Speaker 1: That ship three six Mafia. They played a big part, and you know musically, you know what I mean, we both listened to them growing up, and uh even like with the name. It was coming up with a name that'special one of the things that was like, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, they also kind of were like early in the drug ship too. They're the first motherfuckers I remember rapping about syrup and like certain tales and.
Speaker 2: Ship and that's that's where you can hear the inspiration of.
Speaker 1: Her nose up full of that dust grade.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely had a lot of inspirations.
Speaker 3: Yo, Is there is there anything you guys are are like? What has been the coolest thing about this whole thing being back together? Like? Has it just been something where you're like, man, like, does it feel right? Like the timing is right? If we should have did this sooner? I feels amazing.
Speaker 1: I feel perfect right now, everything from us as people to like the fans being.
Speaker 2: How much you are embracing it. Yeah, it's crazy, feels amazing.
Speaker 3: Speak moment you were. You've been independent this whole.
Speaker 1: Time, right, Yes? Sorry, hell yeah, you've been.
Speaker 3: Going crazy independently. How many projects do you have out?
Speaker 1: Should a good amount?
Speaker 3: Like for for you guys like collapse?
Speaker 1: Shit?
Speaker 3: You I feel like you you've been working though?
Speaker 1: What kind of collapse y'all got probably a little more than three or four? Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: And then, uh, for you guys, is this like a giz? I know you're like a businessman, entrepreneur me both of y'all, but you're like, I know you opens restaurant. You always got that entrepreneurial spirit. Would you guys, uh want to do like a label together? Maybe trying to bring up some.
Speaker 2: Up we're talking about it that just like, yo, we gotta start a label, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think you could provide to the marketplace that's missing because y'all been through so much yourself.
Speaker 2: Just like I feel like, just like a guy whoever we signed the right way and just just make their career go to real gas. They're like, you can avoid so much bullshit with the game that we have, Like.
Speaker 1: And I feel like we're like one of the few West Coast artists who really got like shows and tor and down pack. So it would be cool to like show show like how to really do that ship?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For so, would you ever cut your hair?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For so not not easy with the fame, not no time.
Speaker 3: Soon, but not while in an album cycle.
Speaker 1: I thought about it.
Speaker 2: I gotta have like nothing to do, like see if I like it or not.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, ye'all gotta not have like press out the way.
Speaker 2: I gotta have like a good four or five months in the case I want to grow it back.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen him in his haircut? Yeah, like way way back when crazy. Yeah, this is your signature bro for so Yeah, yeah for sure, uh is there a uh for you guys man to talk about this Coachella, says there anything specially I got planned?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You gotta wait and find out.
Speaker 3: Is there gonna be any special guests?
Speaker 2: Is this You gotta way find out?
Speaker 1: Man, you got to come check it out. Everybody want to say it out?
Speaker 3: You know, man, I had never been to coach that's either it's the first time. Sounds like a fucking headache.
Speaker 1: It's a hero atam.
Speaker 3: Oh you guys doing the tent. It's gonna be crazy. Yeah, the kids are gonna love that ship.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna look insane for sure.
Speaker 3: What do you guys? You know? I was just down on fair facts. I want to know y'all thoughts because I think back to like ten years ago, how lit like the l a fashion scene.
Speaker 2: To cook and it's dangerous like.
Speaker 1: Wrap. I went over there like thinking like I'm trying to go get a little fit or something. I ain't gonna lie what don Melrose, what the facts ain't really find like this?
Speaker 3: It's crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like crazy.
Speaker 3: Like my my kid and my wife wouldn't painted on some like they do this thing called like there's this like place where you could paint like the Bears and the Bears. Yeah, so I to go pick them up over there, and I was like, I was like sad. I was like, damn, this ship is over with over Olva.
Speaker 1: Wasn't we just saying that we was over there? We was like, what the fuck is going on over here?
Speaker 3: Like at least back in the day, like kids could go over there and kick it there was there was like Diamondship.
Speaker 2: Everybody got to move to next to Supreme. I gotta get some fucking store over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because now it's just that one Supreme store over by the Comedy.
Speaker 1: That junction would be dope too for like all the stores of your out there. This guy's a cool little place.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like with melros In, like I feel like a lot of people are getting robbed on me.
Speaker 1: I've seen shootouts over there, like as nothing sh all type of melos.
Speaker 3: I feel like covid ruined all that ship.
Speaker 1: Covid ul a bunch of shit.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah, not for sure. The E D D in l A was going and.
Speaker 1: Then motherfuckers got so thirsty after that vet was gone, you know, like they're like what now, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I had people trying to convince me. I had like good friends of mine like dying to like convince me to take a P P P long Like I don't understand. I don't understand. You don't got to pay it back. And I'm like, yeah, but that if it's.
Speaker 1: Too good to be true, it's good to be true.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then you know some of those people, uh may or may not have had to deal with the law on some of those things. And but you had the motherfucking you had a record? Didn you do a record? Thank of America?
Speaker 2: Part I forgot about it because the fucking bag of America got it taken down? YouTube YouTube you.
Speaker 3: Dropped that video. I was like, ya, this is what's going on?
Speaker 2: Right? I was a fire on was that?
Speaker 3: Like did ever come out?
Speaker 2: Or it's streaming?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The d D. Yeah. What's crazy too, is like if you were an artist like you or you mother fucking struggle rappers had money for those features.
Speaker 1: And I was clock clock for some some some crazy.
Speaker 2: But everybody was coming merged like crazy. So that's what I was doing. Every every type of merchant.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, I had my homies buying features from fools. I'd be like, wait, how like how much would you give a little flip. Hey, good for a little flip.
Speaker 1: Let's shot love flip.
Speaker 3: You know who? I love flip for sure? H Town legend right there? All right? So tour coming uh asap Coachella this weekend and next weekend. And the new album is Crazy, which was his favorite record on the album.
Speaker 2: I love back to Back. I can't stop listening back to back. And we dropped the video.
Speaker 3: It hit.
Speaker 2: The video fires in it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's hard. And then you guys you said you shot one for the shortline twin ship.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, we shot shooting it currently.
Speaker 3: Still how many strip clubs youre going too? For the video?
Speaker 2: We was doing like some outside ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like if you guys gonna do it the right way, that's gotta go on. Little tour.
Speaker 2: It's a tax rat off right, Yeah, cup.
Speaker 3: Hit booby trap, hit jags type ship, hit the Chinese food spot.
Speaker 1: You know I like that?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know if you could shoot in the Chinese food spot. I don't know if you'd want to. You probably shouldn't. I'm actually probably not taking a cameras Chinese. You don't want to deal with the Chinese.
Speaker 1: It just clicks.
Speaker 3: They don't like cameras in there. Yeah, you ever put your phone out in there? They probably heard it's the problem. They'll probably let us. I don't know. I don't even know if you would have those calls to even get you know what I mean, Like you don't even want to, You just just just you want to go in there, just like him sisty on he didn't get out, Get some more chicken, get a little you know, some low Maine maybe chicken, and then get the funk out, get a little dental work done. Maybe. Yeah, there it is fellas well. Look, man, I appreciate you all sliding man. The album is incredible. Uh, I'm glad you guys are back together. I'm glad you got brother are fucking thriving out.
Speaker 2: Here, back in business, standing on that bue Leg cat Man, Bueleg Cass, Caroline Mafia.
Speaker 3: You already know Coachella this week, catch us on tour tour, don't be cities ship to ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think tour is going to be amazing. Like that's what I'm looking forward to right.
Speaker 1: Now this time around. I'm looking forward to it like in different ways too, Like now we go places I want to go look around the city and like it's been like that we.
Speaker 2: Just hosted the club, and like the excitement on people's faces is crazy.
Speaker 3: Now you're gout. I had excited to see video shoot the night you guys did your release party, but it looks super sick because did you did you hit that yourself or did you have the homie.
Speaker 2: One of the hommies didn't?
Speaker 3: I still have. That's still some of my favorite promo items I ever got from an artist was the little fucking canvas campuses you did. You were hitting up the O c X boys campuses and give it a bout. Yeah, that was smart. That's just something. Meanwhile, Phoenix, what do we you gotta you gotta paint something this this album run?
Speaker 1: I think that I was just telling him about the side of the day. I'm like, man, lucky his hastyle, so I can do it.
Speaker 3: You know that old school s with the three lines, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: That and the shortline dude on some merch.
Speaker 3: When you were sitting in class, you would just draw that s on everything.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've just I spelled out the word sons like a million times. Shouts of my shitty sons anyway, all right fellas well, look man, album is crazy. Appreciate y'all pulling up
Speaker 2: Short Maggie minutes go get the album right now,