Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops, Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right. You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey rain Drops Yes, on today's episode of Reality with the King. Baby, I am here with my faith. Your faith. He is a friend. Listen the people who come on my shows who say, Carlos, you create a safe space for us, we feel so comfortable talking to you about things. That's how I feel about DJ Richie Scott. He's my safe space. I feel like Richie, if I ever do an interview about my business, I'm gonna call you, because I feel like you will like make me feel so comful. I'm gonna tell you everything, Richie, but give it up, y'all for DJ Richie Scott.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all. Good to be back. Good to be back. I love being a safe space. I always feel like when you're talking to somebody, it's like inviting them into your home.
Speaker 1: Yes, but today we are going to talk about what the f is going on with the Real Housewives of Atlanta. So recently Candy Burris did a lot I believe it was an Amazon Live if I'm not mistaken, and the fans were asking her like, what's going on with Atlanta Housewives? Are you going back? I'm paraphrasing, of course, but she says something along the lines of, we haven't heard anything in terms of a real update. As far as she knows, they're still casting. And one thing she said I got Twitter in an uproar and the comments were commenting is when she said they think we don't have lies like we have lies and nobody has time just to sit around a way for them, again paraphrasing, right, So Twitter was in a shambles about this, and next thing I know, the show is trending she's trending, and I wanted to talk to you because I watched your video about this topic as well, and I just want to really get your insight in terms of when you saw that video of her explaining what's happening with Atlanta. We are in January, and just so the world knows, when I've worked on that show, we always filmed in June and the show will always air in November. It is January, and in the words of Boys to Men, we're at the end of the road, honey, And in the words of Voice to Men featuring Brianmandnight, it's snowing. So let us know.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Atlanta's going to give us winter vibes Salta City, or are we going to get back to filming in May and Atlanta. But as of today, the Real Houseplots of Atlanta does not have a full cast, They do not have a schedule, and Candy has said that they all have lives and it's pretty unfortunate that they don't have an update. What do you take of all of this.
Speaker 2: I think the first thing that was interesting to me was kind of hearing Candy complain. Now, when I think about Candy I tend to think of Candy as I know this is going to sound bad, but I don't mean it to sound bad. I feel like she's more of a company woman. And what I mean by that is somebody that knows how to play ball, you know, knows when to go to work, clocks in, and is reliable. And I think the network likes that about her. Right, So it was interesting to me to hear what sounded like frustration on her part. What it made me think about was the amount of times that she was quote unavailable last season, right, So people were complaining about how she, you know, was kind of seeming like she was a little out of it, you know, not really participating in the cash trips or like kind of coming and leaving early. So my take on that was, Oh, she's trying to be prepared to get ahead of the ball so that she can get that schedule straight so she don't have that same issue that she had last season.
Speaker 3: That was my thought. As I listened to that, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, she got memo and she's trying to make sure she's ready and available.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if she wanted that memo. I think she wanted a deal memo. I think she wanted the memo on the check, honey, that states where I'm going to be at what time and what place at the end of the day. Let's have a real conversation, Richie.
Speaker 3: Let's have it.
Speaker 1: The Real house Spots of Atlanta is a Q check and it's nothing to sneeze at. Now, when you have a consistent job, right, you know how to allocate your funds accordingly to this. To this massive check that you're getting. When you're getting upwards of two million dollars to film for four months, that's nothing to sneeze at. And I think what's happening with a lot of the cast is that's a lot of their income. Is the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I'm not saying that's Candy's whole income. Before people start, I wasn't suggesting that. What I'm saying is, I don't care if you're Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry, Steve Jobs Rest in Peace, or Steven Spielberg. Two million dollars for four months of work is a lot of money. When I saw that video, I didn't think that it was well, let me rearrange my schedule to shoot the shy in Chicago. I took it as like, Yo, we're not going to be sitting waiting for you guys, because we have to make money. We have to make money, and we're trying to figure out where our income is coming from for this year. And I'm not mad at that. I would think the same thing too, But what do you think is happening? Because I didn't finish watching the last season of The Real Housewives Atlanta. Based on what you saw, I'm assuming you finished the season, Richie. What do you think is going on over there to where I did. It's it's a delay.
Speaker 2: A part of me wonders if they are trying to maybe create some level of anticipation, some level of we're missing the show and the franchise. I really have no idea, because in my mind, it doesn't really seem like the smart play to wait this long, because after a while, I do feel like there's gonna be a lack of interest involved. You know what I'm saying, Like one of the things that I feel like a show like Love and Marriatimes. I'm just using it as an example because it was the last show I reviewed. Right gets so right when April is coming and I know without a doubt normally that new season is coming and what has happened in social media is not too far away from what's actually gonna air. That means to me, we're on target with the schedule. Okay, we're on target with it. So with this huge gap with for me, Real Housewives of Atlanta, it's been four months since that shows going off the air. Now, this is how I, in terms of Candy planning out her year, this is how I plan out mind right, because I'm thinking to myself, Potomac and marriat to Medicine are gonna end. What's gonna be your Sunday night show now? Because you won't have anything in the can. And so it would have made more sense to me that Potomac is airing and that Real Housewops of Atlanta is filming. When Married to Medicine and Potona go off boom, you got Real Housewives of Atlanta to take us from spring to fall, keep that cycle moving. So now you're gonna be left with this gap. You know, we're just gonna be left like on our Sunday nights, like with nothing to do. And it's just that's gonna be a huge chunk of in my opinion content for people who look like me and you. It's just it's gonna be a huge void there. So that is concerning to me.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, Listen, there is a lot to be concerned. It concerned me. Season nine my last season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I just remember working on season nine, and I remember feeling in my spirit, I was like, this is my last season. I just remember watching a group of smart, beautiful, talented, powerful women phoning it in. I just remember it was this one scene and I remember them phoning it in, and that was a very challenging season for me and for them it was. It was challenging, and it turned out to be a great season. It was a fantastic season overall, but a lot of work had to go into it, Richie, because they were phoning it in. And I remember having a conversation with them saying that you guys will not always be number one. It is a privilege to be number one, and when you are number one, you can't get comfortable. And at that time, Richie, season nine Atlanta Housewives was number one for possibly maybe six to seven consecutive years. So imagine seven years you have the number one show on the network. At one point in time, they literally got comfortable. I'm watching them be comfortable, and I'm watching them have conver stations about the most frivolous things that they didn't care about. And when I said that to them, I said, I'm going to leave this show one day, and you're going to miss having somebody push you to be great because you're pushing me away due to the fact that it's a struggle to get anything out of you, ladies. And when the time comes when you're not number one anymore, I want you to think about this day and just always remember I try to help you. I try to help you. So it does sadden me to see what this show has become, only because I gave them a fair warning. And if you watch my interviews with some of the Housewives of Atlanta, they'll tell you like, No Lows was like whatever, so bays on what's been happening these past couple of seasons. There has been this call to action of doing something, of doing something drastic, because we're missing the magic and a lot of people are demanding a reboot. Now, you're also somebody who's watched the show since day one? Are you one of those people who are championing for this show to have a reboot, or do you think, no, let's keep half of the cast, all of the casts from last season and work with them. Where is your head at in this?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm so glad you asked me that, because since we spoke earlier, I said, I need to really process this and I want to think about what the best response is. Right, So I started like concocting a list of who I would want back and who I think they need to bring on. So I think that we need to do a sort of soft reboot, right, similar to what they did with the row Housewives of New York. You know, I think it was season six. I said that earlier in my video, where they kept Ramona, Luin and Sonya and they brought in three new ladies.
Speaker 3: I felt like that gave the show.
Speaker 2: And then I felt like they hit the sweet spot the next season because they had sort of filtered through, like what's working with this cast and how can we finesse it to make it better? And then the next season they brought in eight women and it was on and popping. Not necessarily because it was eight women. I think it was because the women who were on were dynamic and they were willing to just give you whatever you needed.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, with that being said, my list in terms of what they should do, I think it's quite simple. I feel like we keep I noticed is going to sound crazy, We keep Kenya, and she doesn't quite fit with my idea, my ideal theory for the group. But I do think that the fans would be missing something. And I feel like she knows what to do, you know what I mean, Like she knows what to do when the camera turns on. But I feel like Kenya needs somebody to work with. So I think that's the only downside to that, But I think I have a good solution for that. The other thing is we need to pay the men Married to Medicine love and marry times Field. The men are active, and I know that the men aren't being paid on Married to Medicine, but I feel like when I look back at past seasons of Atlanta, the men were active. The men were active and activated, and they were a huge part of the story, and I feel like we lose that with just the women, right, we lose it. So I feel like you got to get the men on there. Let them have some mess, and in that regard, I would bring on Tamar and I know this is gonna sound controversial.
Speaker 3: Jr.
Speaker 2: Seems like he's ready for the mess. Okay, No shade Tamar. She kind of swims in the mess too, like, and I feel like, let's pay.
Speaker 3: Her for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's pay her for it. She's given us all this free content on Instagram. No, girl, let's get you paid for it. That way, we got something else for Candy to do, okay, because I feel like Todd got a muzzle on in the background, all right, and there's no shady, But I feel like, Todd, come on, Todd, get get into it, because I know you got opinions.
Speaker 3: I know you got thoughts.
Speaker 2: And then the Tamar and Jr and Candy and Todd of it all. I need to see how that's gonna play out. I mean, if we're doing Shannan agains On Married to Medicine, let's bring those Shenanigans to Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: It's the Shenanigans meeting the stunt casting a phedra.
Speaker 3: I meant the is it a stunt cast for Sweet Tea?
Speaker 1: Oh? That was a stunt cast? You break up? Somebody's ex husband exactly that stunt cast.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but in this situation, I feel like bringing Tabar and bringing JR on. I feel like there's natural tension between her and Candy because we know that they can work it out and they'll fall out again. It's like the one of the best frenemy ships that I think we've seen in a long time that we didn't really realize we were getting. So I do feel like everybody on there, I want them to have active families as well. That was another reason for me bringing in Table. I mean, it works very well for some of your shows.
Speaker 3: So active family.
Speaker 2: When we go back to the core of what this show is, you need an active family, and this is all Atlanta.
Speaker 3: It feels Atlanta to me.
Speaker 2: The next thing I'm gonna say is, we got to get rid of Chara, We got to get rid of Marlow.
Speaker 3: I know. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 2: I said, let me watch Traders because I need to see what CHARAE gives me outside of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Right, and Charay fades into the background.
Speaker 2: Definitely, she's a team player, but I think that's a little bit of her issue.
Speaker 3: She's she's I feel like she'll just do whatever you want her to do. I just don't believe her.
Speaker 1: Our mutual friend, Dustin Ross, he and I are recapping Huntsville on the Reunion and on part two of the Love and Marriage hunts for Reunion Melody allege that in court Martell said under oath that he is not in a relationship with Charae. They have a business relationship.
Speaker 3: It is the paperwork.
Speaker 4: You don't know what's in the paperwork, the same way in the paperwork in the four case where you were asked if you were in a relationship with shar Way and you said it was a business arrangement. That's in the paperwork too, verbati. You know, it's called the clerk typhon.
Speaker 1: And then Dustin said, well, you know, Charae is a known liar, paraphrazy. I know charm personally, Charae is one about good girlfriends. So Richie and he gave me this look like Carlos, you don't she lies about she? And I said, wait, what are we doing here, This is some of the fans for comedy. Carlos, you are tripping. Charae is a no liar, And I'm like the chara that I know. I don't see her as a liar. But what about But if I missing something.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you, Yes, you can't see it. Because she's your friend. I'm sure you get the real version of her. I feel like you probably get a more authentic version because she ain't got to act for no ratings or no check. Charay is a legend, you know what I'm saying. She's legendary. I'm not gonna take that away from her because I do feel like she has that helped establish Atlanta. But I just don't feel like she is part of the engine that's going to keep it going. I just don't feel like she got that thing right. Marlow, to me, is the cog in the wheel making the bicycle not be able to move.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Nobody can move forward because I feel like Marlow is creating drama for the sake of drama, Like there's nothing going on there. I mean, there's just lay archive. I'm happy for her and the boys. I feel like that that is amazing and admirable, but no, you just created too much Shenanigan's for me, and I just didn't believe it. Whether that's her fault or whether that's whoever's thought they told her to do it. I don't really know. All I know is it just it's like watching, Like what am I watching right now? Why this doesn't even it doesn't feel like anything that does that make sense?
Speaker 3: And when I'm watching I should feel something.
Speaker 2: So I just can She's in the words of Jasmine Henley Brown, she can be chopped, you know, love her in the fashions, use her for some Ultimate Girls Trip stuff or some Trader stuff.
Speaker 1: Isn't that no? To your point, I didn't even think about going down this direction, But it's very interesting. Isn't it interesting that they haven't used Marlowe for anything outside of just being a housewife, because you would think with her fashion like there could have been opportunities for Project Runway appearance since we saw Gazelle on Project Runway, Giselle, Wendy, you know what I'm saying, Like, to your point, why wasn't she utilized for other stuff? I think all the housewives from King I think Ultimate Girl's Trip, Charade, doing Traders candy, having spin offs after spin offs have to spin offs. I would consider Marlowe in terms of a friend of she's an og as a friend of all the friends of in the history of the franchise of her Housewife, she is an og for real, for real, But to your point, she hasn't been utilized a lot. And I never thought about this until this very moment. I wonder if it's because, to your point, is the audience connecting with her and if the network is connecting with her, or is she just somebody that you said they see as like going there, starts in drama and go home.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's it, and I feel like it only expanded when she became a housewife, and that's not what we look for in a housewife. I mean for me as somebody who's I feel like been around, you know since the.
Speaker 3: Beginning and was watching early ages of this.
Speaker 2: I just don't feel like she's it now if she wants to be a friend and I'm listen, I was campaigning for Marlowe to be a housewife, but once I got it, I was like, oh no, no, send it back. I would add in Kim and Croy. Here's why. They already got a lot of drama going on, so I know the check will be easy to get to them, like they'll probably take whatever you can I mean, whatever's being offer because they need it, right, that would humble Kim enough to come back and actually go to work. She didn't have to work before. I feel like, now she's got to show up, she's got to give it. But they would have to live in separate places because we can't have no police being called. Okay, I mean, I feel like there's a way you can deal with a sensitive divorce like this. You definitely saw it happen on you know, we've seen it happen on Married to Me. I'm pulling two shows that are my favorite shows right now, Married to Medicine Love and Mary Tunsville. We've seen it and we've seen it work for the show in the sense that you explore what happens to these two people when they part, and you don't just let one of them fall off the radar. And I would love to see how Kim integrates back into this group on a more humble tip, like I would really love to see that. I would also bring in Porsia and Simon. I think that there's an opportunity there, and Porscha is fun and that is what is missing on this show, that sporadic dose of just what does she just say we need that on the show. I just feel like that's something that's missing. And then I left a spot open for like a a random I picked Robin Andrade.
Speaker 3: She is. She was from Ladies Who List.
Speaker 2: She can help Kim look for a new house, and I feel like she would also be a good foil for Kenya as far as I know, two single women. And I just kind of feel like I don't want to make the show not about any women who aren't yet married or who just happen to not be married, because that could happen for them, and I feel like the reality is the wives are gonna have some single girlfriends.
Speaker 1: I have heard so many other people's lists. You are the first and only person, Richie, whose list I am not mad at. I can actually see that cast and be like, oh, I'm into it. And this is the thing about Kim Zoziak Beerman, regardless how you feel about her whatever. And I think that's the problem that I'm having, is the fact that I think the decision makers care so much about what folks on Twitter have to say. And I have to remind people in the world population only twelve percent of them on Twitter, and y'all based some very difficult decisions based on the twelve percent of people that's on this app, and of those twelve percent, only six of them watch Housewives. That to me is part of the other reason why the show has not been the same, because I feel like decisions are made about Twitter. I love Marlowe. Me and marlow are friends in real life. I love Marlowe. You admitted to being one of those people who wanted marlow to have a peach, right, You're like, let's have a peach. A lot of people wanted her to have a peach, and then when she got the peach, those same people said, we don't want her to have a peach nomore. So it's like, what do y'all want? If we listen to the six percent of people on Twitter who watches Housewives, that doesn't make up for the rest of the world. It just doesn't. And Kim Zosiak to me, I would love to see her back on the show. I would love to see her situation. I'm singing play out on TMZ and listen. I'm not saying bring her back as a peach holder. Maybe it is a friend so that we can kind of see what she gives. But I think the general consensus is some I think drastic has to happen. One of the things that I'm realizing that's happening with the show is this, I think the decision makers know they have to get it right. I think Atlanta is at this very crucial place in the show to where I'm not afraid the show being canceled, because I don't think the show will ever be canceled because at the end of the day, the ratings are good enough to where advertisers can make interest on the investment that they made during the commercials, So the show would never be canceled. But I think it's one of those shows to where it will possibly be on a real Housewives of Dallas Pauls if they don't get it right. Because the fact that this show was number one for almost seven consecutive years, and don't I think it's maybe number three or four. I don't know number one obviously, as you know, it's Beverly Hills Housewives. Below deck is high up there. All that The Pump Rules is an example of a show that that ratings have done well.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I felt like for me. Now I can't say whether or not everybody agrees with this, but I feel like I am actually really loving this season of Beverly Hills because I don't feel like the focus is on just the fight right. Yes, I'm at a point now I don't care about the scandal of it all. I want to see dynamic personalities, intriguing stories, and what people call storylines. I just think of it as what is your personal story, what is your journey? Like, I don't need you to have this whole thing plotted out for the year. I just need you to have an interesting life. That's where I'm at right now with it, and that's what is intriguing because I feel like they're pacing it, They're pacing themselves, They're just the stories are just are just developing and new things are happening. And where I have a like for Erica and I just I didn't even like I didn't like her for the past three seasons, Wow, I'm enjoying her now. So it just feels different. And I do feel you that it is make or break at this point. But I think that at least with the list that I felt like I came up with, I tried to focus it on personalities. Yes, and I think that's what makes Atlanta so hard because they've got such big personalities. I think it's hard to bring in a person that we don't know. It would be hard to It could be hard to find a Monica, right.
Speaker 1: I Carlos King the first. If you're out there, I'm looking for the black Monica Garcia. If you're out there, please DM me, email me. Carlos King is making a call to action, a public declaration. I am looking for the black Monica Garcia. And if you exist, I don't care where you are. I would build a show around you. Okay. I built a show around Melody Hilton Huntsville, so let's I've built a show Avola teacher Pearson in Jackson, Mississippi. Don't play with my skill set. If you are somebody that considers yourself the black Monica Garcia called Carlos Key at what eight hundred find me? But you're right, you're right. It's so it's a make up break season for them. What I think is happening is they want to get it right, and it's it's not something to where they feel like we have a whole missing, to where we gotta fell it right. I think they probably have things in development that can like take the place of the time slot. But I do think this. I like to relate these celebrity issues with everyday people. At the end of the day, these women were getting paid. Some are getting paid more than two million dollars for four months of work. A large part of that we're getting paid over one million dollars for four months of work. You are an entrepreneur, just like me, right, I sign checks, okay, and this is coming from somebody who signs checks with my production company. If I'm paying somebody a salary of two million dollars for four months of work and I feel like you've been coasting for a year or two, you better believe I'm going to take my time to figure this out. I don't know anybody in the world, or any job in the world where you can get paid two million dollars for four months of work and give nothing. It's to me, it's the goal of the privilege that you can sit up there and get paid so much money and not even give everything to the work. And now that the work is not there anymore, I'm now feeling what it's like when your employer is putting you on notice because of the high salary. We all go through that in America every day. People go through that all the time time. So and I love all the girls, I really do, you know that, and some of them are my friends. I don't feel sorry for anybody who made that much money and didn't do one hundred percent of the work. And you're now wondering, like, what's going on with this show? That should have been your focus day one when you were making this gross amount of money. And I agree with the decision makers. I will take my time too. That's richie, that's a lot of money. You want me to open up the Brinks truck give out at least at least eight million dollars for the entire cast. Okay, let's just say it's eight million total for all the cast members. You want me to rush a decision of investing eight million dollars into something that hasn't been great. I don't know nobody's job performance where you can be the number one employee and slide all the way down to number three or four, and you expect your job to be safe. You expect me to rush to to to rehire you. No, that's not how it works in the real world. And I hope that whatever happens to these girls, I just hope that they understand that this is a job and if you don't perform, well, this is what happens to you.
Speaker 2: I still go back to the people that I listed in my opinion, these are something. These could be some motivated people a table. I feel like it's motivated. I feel like she's at a hungry at a hungry place. And I don't mean that in a bad way, because they already have the relationship with her at NBC Universal, Right, so why not extend that Kim should be ready to work.
Speaker 1: I think Kim will go back if they ask her to. But I think I think there's a lot of politics and personal feelings involved in that in that decision.
Speaker 2: When we talk about politics, right, how much of network politics play into a decision to hire or fire someone, even at the expense of the show.
Speaker 1: Listen, I will say this, Obviously, every networks ran and operated differently, right. One thing that I've always done I don't take my personal feelings and apply it to casting decisions on my shows. The only thing I apply with my shows in terms of casting decisions is the performance value. That's it. It's all I do performance value, and I'm aware that some you know, there may be a season you were great and there's a season where you fell off, and typically, like anybody, you pick it back up the next season. No one of my shows have coasted for consecutive seasons. No, ma'am, it would. You would have to make difficult decisions because you know, look, let's talk about Love and Match for example, we are taping our upcoming season right now, and I know people like Carlos you rush to talk about other shows and not your own. Yes, honey, because I get paid to produce a show for a network, and I'm not going to tell my rain drops some tea about my shows when the network is paying me to produce it in the current moment. So stop asking me to rush to my claw fust to give y'all breaking news on my shows, because I can't do it because I am getting paid to make sure my shows are sacred so y'all can watch it. Okay. I always said this, though, I feel like when it comes to the Housewives, I feel like a lot of it is politics based on who they're casting or firing or who they're keeping. There's a lot of people across all the franchises when I'm like, why are they still on this show? There's nothing more to offer, you know, especially when the Real Housewives brand is sink or swim, is you got one? It's like the eminem eight mile song, you got one shot to give it all you got and if you don't, you're out of there. So that's the reason why Richie, you see some desperation from these women, fighting for no reason because they're like, I need to get a second season. So yes, Unfortunately in some scenarios we're seeing that with Potomac. If the goalpost is what we've seen, y'all got rid of Charae after season four, and Charay had a great season four when she went to Africa and the Hub e but Marlowe, but y'all got rid of her. I didn't say anything. It was like, well, damn, okay. I guess that just means like, no, you got to bring it every season. You can't coast and not saying she was coasing. But that was their threshold. So when I watch certain shows, I'm like I watched Jersey, I'm like, why is she She's still on the show? And I look at my own stuff. Right in terms of like, okay, like I'm going through this right now. It's one of those things to where you have to reassess every season and say what's going on. And because I don't base my decisions off of Twitter, there's people who champion some of my cast members to be fired, like get rid of her, she's mean, she's a bully, get rid of her, get rid of him, get rid of them. You know. I get that all the time, and I don't pay attention to it because I know that at the end of the day, you can love somebody one season and hate them the next and go in and reverse. And I also know that when one person has a fan base, that fan base attacks the next person, and then that fan base attacks this person. So I don't feed into all of that. So what I do as a producer I sit back and I say, Okay, what do they have going on coming into this season? And if I feel like they don't have much going on, then you know, some tough decisions have to be made, and that's just what it's going to have to be. But I definitely think when it comes to Atlanta, I just think there's so much politics and personal feelings, and I think that would be the detriment of that show if they don't get a right this upcoming season.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you on that, And I think there's also this thing of like, I'm not trying to be in the bubble of people who say, oh I don't like this person because I didn't like what they necessarily what they get to the favorite person.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is not that. It is for me.
Speaker 2: I'm asking what are you able to contribute as we move into this next space? Right, as we continue to move forward, do you can I figure out a way where we can still include you in this engine in a meaningful way and still in your value?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, But if I don't see the value in it, then I have to say, I mean just for me as a this is just as a fan perspective, like you can go. That's why I said that about Charade, That's why I said that about Marlowe. It's nothing personal against them. It is what are you giving me, right? And what are you giving to the cast?
Speaker 1: Do you want Sonya and Drew to go as well?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, they were not on my list at all. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: The reason for the Drew situation, the reason we got to drop Drew is because I feel like she really gives nothing, Okay, and I don't believe her either. Okay, that's the other thing. I think she's a great actress, but like, for instance, with the whole Ralph situation, I really feel like we didn't get all the stuff that was going on in the news. Nothing was like she didn't tell us anything. And granted not everything is for us. I get that, but this is something that was a part, a huge part of your store and this is a big gap. And Sanya, to me, I evaluated a couple of other things as well, what can you bring us big events?
Speaker 3: And Sanya can do that? Right? Can you do?
Speaker 2: You have the family? Sanya has that. But it's Sanyo're right for this group? No, In my opinion, she is just not The personality is not where I feel like I would want it.
Speaker 3: And she seems like a very sweet woman. Yeah she is. I'm not even gonna I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Lie about that, but personality wise, if you are a Kenya, who's up here, okay, and you gotta Sanya, it's just like, oh, the little bird is just flown in and she don't know what she's flying with these with the with the Hawk.
Speaker 1: Now listen. I will say this, Atlanta is a very difficult city to cast, so I think that will be their challenge too. But I'm looking forward to see what's going on. And I'll leave you with this, Richie. So I have a new shell coming out called Bold and Bougie. It's based in Atlanta. It comes out in February. The date will be announced in a couple of days, so stay tuned for that. But it's based in Atlanta. And we have Malaysia Pargo from Basketball Wives, Tamika Foster Raymond, the ex wife of Ushri. We got Crystal Rene, the ex wife of Neo. We got Princess Batton Lofts, who was one of the producers developers of the Real Hospitals of Atlanta. And then we have Goche Hawkins, who is known online of Housewives as the woman with the blue hair who told Dmitro so I also dated Roger Bob. So we have them. And what I will say is this because that show is based in Atlanta. So I'm going someplace with this, not just doing a shameless plug. The beauty of this show, and Richie, this show is funny. You're gonna love it. Because it's mature and it's funny, and they're not throwing drinks on each other and they're not like throwing shade for the sake of getting a moment. It's real life stuff and it's real personal story and it's funny. And the reason why I'm bringing the show up is because it's an Atlanta based show with women who live in Atlanta. And I don't see any of those women in Atlanta Housewives. I just don't. I'm gonna tell you why. It's because these women have one common bond, and that's the fact that in Atlanta, friendships are surfaced, Like I see you at the parties or the branches or the events, and we know each other, but do really know each other. So you're about to watch a cast who all know each other, know of each other, but they're about to really get to know each other. And Malaysia and Goshet are like the ones who bring them together. And yeah, yeah, when you watch the season, we'll come back to this because there's a force multiplier who is multiplying and I'm like, I watch her work like she's like the octopus who comes out and she knows how to like get these people it's very interesting, and she does it so smooth. And the beauty of this show is Malaysia is such a great piece of talent, and you're going to see a side of her that you have never seen on Basketball Wives. Like, she's not this person who's gonna pick up a table and throw it. I don't want to give it away, but it's so interesting. So when I was when I was watching these episodes in the field taping the show, I really was like, it goes to show you that there is some life still left in Atlanta. But there was no politics going into casting Bold and Bougie. It was finding the right women who have this shared commonality. But how interesting is it to watch a friendship develop and to see what happens in the end. So when it comes to Land of Housewives, it's one of those things where we missed the fact that you had women not best friends. Cynthia and Nini met on the show. The only real friends across all the franchises is Robin and Gizelle and Mary Saw and Alexia. The rest of them are friends courtesy of the shop. But my point is it goes to show you that if you find the right mix of people you can find people to form real friendships Cynthia and Nini Phadrank, Candy Porchutt and Phaedra like. It can happen, but you gotta find the right mix and make tough decisions. And my hope is that Atlanta Housewives does that. But as of now, the show is still on Paul's I think in the next few months they'll get it right.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that you mentioned the new show.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you did because I was breaking down a clip earlier in my video of Evelyn and.
Speaker 3: Jackie going at it.
Speaker 2: I saw that and I was thinking to myself, how odd it must be that these two women are fighting over Malaysia. Who is never returning to that Well, I can't say never, but I'm just saying, she got a whole new show.
Speaker 1: She ain't returning to that show. Baby, Malaysia is not the Kingdom.
Speaker 2: So I was in my mind, I was thinking, like, y'all fighting over something that has been Malaysia got a whole new thing going on, and it just kind of makes me kind of think about like it is Basketball Wives going in a downward direct. I mean, that's a whole other conversation. But it's just kind of like, you know, I'm glad Malaysia is being utilized because I felt like she was underutilized on Basketball Wives.
Speaker 1: You know, and I'm happy about it too. So yes, I mean, look, we are rooting for the real hospitals of Atlanta. We want to see it when despite what you may want to read in between the lines or think we're telling the truth, we do want the show to win. But I think in order for the show to win, listen, you can hire anybody in the world, but got to make sure these women work and these women have a clock in. And my hope is that these women now feel it because when you're when you are so comfortable for so long, I think it's a good thing to sometimes let people know this can be taken away from you. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes Baby my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals. Baby my expressions yes and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign entertain It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, King Damrang Entertainment, Baby