Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning.
Speaker 2: Podcast Hello everybody, we.
Speaker 3: Are scrubbing in. Did she forget your line?
Speaker 1: No? I was just really embracing it. It is a Monday. I'm feeling fly. I'm feeling good. You're feeling fly, feeling fly?
Speaker 4: Why got what got you feeling so fly? Just like sugar guy feeling so fly. I am bare face today, I have no makeup on. I got a good night sleep last night. You know, I'm just like relishing in the summer days.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't get a good night sleep last night because Heley is.
Speaker 3: A cough and so.
Speaker 5: You know, you know when you're trying to suppress a cough, but you're still kind of coughing, so it makes it worse for whoever's trying to sleep next to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So she was trying to hold it back and I was like, you can just let it out, and then she was doing that, and so I said, I'm going to go sleep on the couch and she's like, no, I'll go sleep on the couch. I'm like, no, you you need this, you need the bed. Just rest and cough as much.
Speaker 3: As you need to.
Speaker 1: You should take her mouth shut. It's sick, I know, but it helps. Oh, when I'm sick, I still take my mouth shut and it helps.
Speaker 5: Something about needing to cough and my mouth being shut sounds like a form of torture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, drum no, you guys, it's done.
Speaker 1: No, if you really have to cough, you can cough and like it'll just like some air will come out.
Speaker 5: No, there's no serious So I wouldn't say I got a full night's rest.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 5: We did nothing yesterday, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, when like you're a kid and you go to summer camp and you spend the whole day in the sun and you're like swimming, and then by the end of the day you're literally so exhausted that like you can't even keep your eyes open.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt this weekend at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: At Disneyland, and after call those day, like last night, my body just went curve plump. Yeah, and I fell into my sheets and I didn't wake up once.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a dream, not to rub it in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for you, big weekend because girls.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend. No, it's been well, the whole week was so much fun.
Speaker 5: It was big and packed and NonStop, and it was really fun. We had the premiere on Monday night and it was epic, like it was at Universal City Walk. They did it was such a big moment, like they really made it a big moment.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 5: So there were I think three screenings of it at the premiere, so everyone got to watch it that night, and then it came out, well, it actually came out Thursday. There review at showings, which I don't I don't understand that that a lot of movies now they say the release dates like Friday due nineteenth, but there's actually showing what.
Speaker 1: They do on with my music releases, you know what I mean, Like, but the new album is midnight, nine o'clock our time, which is really Thursday.
Speaker 3: I know, there were like two pm showings.
Speaker 6: On Thursday, and then like in the last ten years, they've been moving it up and now it's just full blown matinee.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, they need they need to get people in the which we're grateful for.
Speaker 5: One Xtraday. But opening weekend was really fun. We went we went Friday like earlier and then she did a Q and A that night with John Chu, which was epic. I mean, he I can't remember if he produced. He was a part of a movie she did called Gim in the Hologram. So they know each other from way back when, and obviously he directed Wicked.
Speaker 3: He directed the Justin Bieber Never Say.
Speaker 8: Never, crazy rich Asians, crazy rich Asians like iconic, and so he did the Q and A and it was really cool, and Tanya and Robbie came to that viewing and.
Speaker 1: The third time seeing it, which I think was our favorite, honest really.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's so funny because this Saturday we had her friends and family screening which Easton Allison came to there, and it was at four pm, and then she was doing a Q and A for the seven pm showing, So we were just gonna stay and go eat dinner and then go to that.
Speaker 3: But John had told her.
Speaker 2: He was like John Chu.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: John Chu was like, hey, it's your it's your first and only first directorial debut, opening weekend. So he was like, you need to go see it as many times as possible and like film yourself how you're feeling, Like write it down because I wish I had done that, and so he goes, you should go to this, you should go watch it with an audience that's not you know, friends and family and just like the general public. So we went like we watched it at four and then went back at seven pm, and I cried both times.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just saw this, and I cried again.
Speaker 2: You saw back to back? Yes, that's wow, narbar.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And then Sherry Cola, who is the best. She did the Q and A for after that screening, and so it's been really fun.
Speaker 1: But that's the way I met her Monday at the premiere. Yeah, I was starstruck.
Speaker 2: And she was like, I know, I know all about you, so nice to meet you. Didn't you just get married to it? I was like, excuse me.
Speaker 5: She. I can hype Sherry Cola up like no other. She is one of the most amazing people, and she has been such an amazing friend and support system, specifically to Haley, because if you go and look at any like clip of Haley doing something Sherry Cola is it might be the only comment like hi, figure on and she's just such good energy.
Speaker 6: We were in line to get popcorn behind her and I was wearing a Hailey Kyoko pan Rama shirt and she got all excited and she was like, oh my god, you so excited for the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was so cool.
Speaker 3: I can't get over it. I would love to have her on. I asked her after the screening. I was like, Cherry, will you come on the podcast. I'll have our people reach out to.
Speaker 2: Your people, and she said yes, of course, she said yes.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you in that moment, really doing the Lord's work, just booking, just booking and moving our podcast along.
Speaker 5: They've become she and her girlfriend have become like one of our closest, Like they've become such good friends and also like being in I think that specifically for Haley being in the A p I community and also like the queer community, Like it's just they're the best.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I really like that was a top moment. I really just the energy was just like on another level, which I very much enjoyed. But I did want to tell you something that I was really proud of.
Speaker 3: On Monday, so it was the.
Speaker 1: Premiere, and first of all, you know me, I'm always freezing, Okay, so it was cold, brought a blazer, still cold. Yeah, I get up to p in the middle of the movie and I come back to my seat and there's like a blue light on my seat and I think I like accidentally hit it with my shoulder or something and it turned red.
Speaker 2: Okay, the seats had heaters.
Speaker 1: And coolers on them, and the whole movie. I had my cooler on my seat until.
Speaker 2: Like the last fifteen minutes. I put the heat off and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh my god, I was like a fireball on my back. I was like, if I would have had this the whole movie, I would have.
Speaker 3: I probably would have.
Speaker 1: But like I told Robbie and he put his on, and I was just blown away that the seats at the theater where the premiere was had cooling and heating on them.
Speaker 3: I did not know that there were climber seats. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I had the cooler on for.
Speaker 2: Like an hour and ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Can you believe? Yes, I can't.
Speaker 1: I was like, why it's so freaking cold in here, Like I don't understand these people, Wow, the movie theater people.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I always bring a puffer, like I'm always like ready for it, but this one.
Speaker 3: Was the movie theater.
Speaker 6: Next level that is a palace, Yeah, a great place the movie.
Speaker 1: It was really I was just like wow, I was blown away, like hats off to the ant.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 5: We did a party bus from the house which we're very close to where the premiere was. It was a good like fifteen minutes, not even that's generous.
Speaker 2: Like nine and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: So it felt like prom and it dude like prom because I was like, everybody made up beck in Haley's house. We like met up, took photos, got the party bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm just so proud of Haley because I just cannot imagine working on something and like it being hers to an extent for a while, and then releasing it to the world for people to have opinions on for critics stuffs say.
Speaker 3: You know, It's like, I'm just so incredibly proud of her.
Speaker 2: It is so interesting.
Speaker 1: Like I was thinking about it a lot because like obviously I'm ingesting and I know Hailey's scheduled per you, but also like on her social media and I'm like, we do a weekly bi weekly podcast. We hit it, we quit it, we move on, do you know what I mean? Like and same that I do with radio. I do a daily morning show, so I hit it, I quit it. It's like day in something new every day. Yeah, when you work on a movie and then you're promoting it for like however long, that's all you're talking about at at what's the saying ad nauseum.
Speaker 2: Ad nauseam.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I was just like, that is so I can't even imagine just talking about one project for like six months straight and then it being out and then what we like, what does she do now?
Speaker 5: And that's talking about it publicly right much less thinking about it and working on it day in day out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so crazy.
Speaker 3: You know, she's already like what am I going to do next?
Speaker 5: You know, Yeah, that's her mindset. And I think, like, if anything, it's just here. And you know, I told her, I was like, listen, this is a bold title to release, especially in our political climate, like there's gonna be We're so privileged to be able to live our lives out loud and love who and scream girls like girls however and whenever we want to.
Speaker 3: But I was like, there are people who are what keep going.
Speaker 2: But it made me remember something are.
Speaker 5: People who are in parts of the country who either a are too young to see this without a supervised adult because it's RATEDAR, which was not Haley's choice by the way, it goes through like a whole system.
Speaker 3: She tried everything.
Speaker 5: While making the movie to keep it PG thirteen, and it still got an R rating, which.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think that's alright, that's wild. It's wild, Like you can make your assumptions on why. Maybe.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was like blown away by the radar too, and I looked it up, and I think it was the drug and alcohol under age.
Speaker 5: They made sure to not use actual cans and bottles so that you couldn't you can assume what they're drinking.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean, but they went through that smoking weed out of an apple, right, They did.
Speaker 5: That to try to keep it PG thirteen though, oh oh so well.
Speaker 1: To me, it was very obvious that they were drinking and smoking weed. But that made me a little bit more sense because I thought it was the sexualness of it, which I was like, this is PG is PG could BEG not even PG right.
Speaker 3: But I don't even know. Oh.
Speaker 5: I was saying, like whether people are too young and can't go, or they're not out or feel comfortable buying a ticket to something called girls like girls because they're in the closet or don't feel confident in themselves. I was like, this is just like again, once again, Haley is a trailblazer and doing like it was the same thing when she released the music video on the song. It was like people were hiding watching. You know, so many people are like I used to hide and watch this in my closet because I wasn't out yet, And it's going to be the same thing with this movie where people however, many years from now ago, there was a time when this came out that I couldn't go buy a ticket for this because I wasn't ready or I had couldn't ask my parents, and so I just was like at the end of the day, and I think it had a really successful opening weekend, but I'm like, at the end of the day, you're doing something.
Speaker 3: That you're the first to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the.
Speaker 5: Whole concert, like I've seen people say like it's such a like simple you know, plot or whatever, and I'm like, that's the point. It's so simple. You have gone to so many movies where you've seen a girl move to a new town and fall in love with the boy or boy moved to a new town and fall in love with the girl.
Speaker 3: You've never seen this, and.
Speaker 5: That's what's so groundbreaking about it is that she got a movie in theaters about two girls called Girls Like Girls.
Speaker 3: Falling in love. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm just like, it's just what can what she can do is limitless, you know, limitless.
Speaker 1: I saw some people because I posted about on the opening day somebody saying that they were like, I'm going to see Girls Like Girls this weekend, and I'm going to see Toy Story five next weekend.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's my girl, That's how we do it. But I was really proud.
Speaker 1: Because at the end of the movie when they play the girls like Girls like the motion picture version of it. At the premiere, I put my myself one in the air and I started the wave with.
Speaker 3: The light on.
Speaker 1: Yes, However my light was not on. Oh, I just had like my screen on really bright. I didn't like actually have my line on, so I didn't start the light on wave.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I definitely started the handwave. So I tried to do it again on Friday night at the screening and I'm had my light on, I was, and not one person joined in with me.
Speaker 2: I was like, and Robby goes, I think I think you can put it down. I was like, I'm gonna do it for the whole forget time. I don't care if I'm the only one doing it. I don't care.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put your hands up proudly.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's been so fun seeing like the scrubbers and people messaging me and talking about I told tale.
Speaker 3: I was like, at the end of the.
Speaker 5: Day, you're the movie is so beautiful, like the one nothing, no one could say anything about your directorial debut, like it's stunning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm so proud of her. Go buy tickets, go see the movie. See it again and again and again. I'll be in the theaters this weekend.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 6: Very watchable. Yeah, it's like, yeah, I could watch it four or five more times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, four pm to turn around them for the seven PM.
Speaker 3: No problem.
Speaker 1: We actually enjoyed it the the third time. Yeah, So if that's any indication, just keep going.
Speaker 5: I know, I I I the third time we watched it, and I don't know if it's because we were just like with an a random audience.
Speaker 2: I think that I think it changes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like noticing different things.
Speaker 5: And I really picked up on because Haley made so many decisions while editing where it was like the silence of there's so much silence.
Speaker 3: In the movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you feel the awkwardness of being a teenager in the summer of twenty two thousand and six where you're waiting, you don't have your phone to scroll on, You're waiting for that sound of the door opening on aol or aim.
Speaker 1: I would sit in my computer room because I didn't have a computer in my room.
Speaker 2: We had like the computer room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so would sit in the computer room and I would just like sit there, just wait, wait, wait for them to sign on, like uh and then when you got this the whatever that I'm away.
Speaker 3: B RB or whatever.
Speaker 5: Oh, when they'd sign on and and do it immediately, you're like they didn't care that I was.
Speaker 1: On or they don't even like they say they got to go, and then you're trying to type something and then it just like goes.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just.
Speaker 3: Love she captured that era.
Speaker 5: So they just is so perfect and the girls are amazing in the movie. So anyways, I am also a fan of the movie beyond being a fiance of the director, and obviously we'll support everything she does. But I'm a genuine fan of the movie. So it's so good and I'm so proud of her. So everyone, thank you for supporting, and if you haven't, please support today by tickets.
Speaker 1: We missed the Saturday showing because we did a.
Speaker 2: Big family day at.
Speaker 3: Disneyland, which is so fun. It is so fun.
Speaker 1: But can I just explain to you that we had like a group I think there was like maybe fourteen of us, all different age ranged kids, so like different rye wanting to go on different rides, you know what I mean. And I really feel like we did a good job of like tending to all the kids that wanted to do different things also whilst still being together at moments and like meeting up at certain spots and doing some rides together some apart.
Speaker 2: Like we kind of nailed it.
Speaker 3: That's a big accomplishment. Yeah, I know about that fight.
Speaker 1: Zero fights, but you know it was like a little interesting trick that I've never done before.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: Oh, something we've never done before is we noticed on the Disneyland app that Space Mountain was like temporarily closed.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so we had our eye on it.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, that's almost temporarily closed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like that was one of the ones we wanted to hit before we left, right and my youngest was like, let's go over to Space Mountain and see how long it's been closed and then maybe like hang out around like the line, because then we're just gonna get right in nice.
Speaker 2: So we're like, okay, great idea.
Speaker 1: So we walk over and we're trying to like talk to the crew members about how long has it been closed? How much longer do you think? They give you nothing by the way, they give you like no info. They'll tell you how long it's been closed, but they won't tell you when they think they're going to reopen, when they're hoping to reopen, like maybe stick around, wink wink, nunjeon, like none of that. Because Robbie was like really bartering with them, I bet didn't work.
Speaker 2: We're like, let's wait.
Speaker 1: Ten minutes, and I was like, yeah, well, you guys, we have a fast we have a lightning lane in like two hours.
Speaker 2: Let's just come back. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Or as we're walking away about to walk away, they opened the line.
Speaker 2: We literally walk right onto Space Mountain.
Speaker 3: That's a treat.
Speaker 2: It was a treat.
Speaker 3: I love Space Mountain. I do my after lunch.
Speaker 2: Not the best idea because that was very queasy.
Speaker 1: And then we did Thunder Railroad after and I was like, I'm gonna hurle, but I did not.
Speaker 5: Did y'all do California Adventure too? Or did y'all strictly do Disney Justice? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 6: Did you do the Millennium Falcon Ride? No, because it's new with the Mandalorian and Baby Oh.
Speaker 1: No, but all the rides at start in the Star Wars land are like eighty plus minutes. So I let them do one of those on their own. And I went to town with like little.
Speaker 3: Kids because you needed to recover. I needed a little bit of recovering.
Speaker 1: But I wore one of those like fans around my neck. Oh yeah, I saw the game changing. I felt like a queen walking around with that thing.
Speaker 3: You would think that you wouldn't need to air with how cold I get.
Speaker 1: It was quite a squeltering hot summer day in Anaheim, California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea.
Speaker 1: The sun was beaten down. I have a what's it called sunburn on my stole, but my neck was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a ticket to everything. Yeah, that's what I also realized. If your neck is warm, your body is warm. So I think I'm gonna start like bringing scarfs around all the time.
Speaker 5: It's basically I think your hands, your feet, and your neck and ears, like if those all have warmth or a tempts at warmth, you have a chance.
Speaker 2: But also cool if you want to remain cool.
Speaker 3: It's basically pressure points.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but but we did.
Speaker 3: We hit the We hit it.
Speaker 2: We left the park around like four pm, which was great.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Got home, did a turnaround, got my father's day stuff.
Speaker 3: Ready to roll. What did you put in the mugs?
Speaker 1: I ended up putting purel birts, bees chapstick, some mince like a bottle opener, and some chumps classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What man doesn't enjoy a beefstick?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Amen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, men love a beef stick, Love a beefstick. Did you watch any of the clips of Olivia Wilde don't call her daddy?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you? I saw the ones that were going around.
Speaker 1: Do you know what made me so upset about that whole thing? They got a lot of for their age gap? Okay, Olivia Wilde, Harry Styles ten year age gap.
Speaker 2: Olivia was ten is ten years older than Harry.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what were their ages when they were together?
Speaker 1: I don't know off the top of my head. Okay, maybe Easton can do a lot, I'm mon search. What I didn't realize is like, Okay, yes, she got.
Speaker 2: A lot, a lot of shes for that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: She was sharing the story about how her ex husband or ex fiance, I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: Ex husband Jason, Yeah, Jason Sudeikis.
Speaker 1: Was dating a girl at that same time who was eleven years younger than him, but the press didn't say anything about that.
Speaker 6: Harry was twenty six and Olivia was thirty six.
Speaker 1: Twenty six, There's wow, Jason Sudekas's girlfriend was eleven years younger than him. Not one outlet reported on that age gap.
Speaker 3: Are we remotely surprised?
Speaker 1: And then she was saying how he spent that Thanksgiving frolicking the beaches of Costa Rica with his said girlfriend, And to me, it's like, whatever, if they split.
Speaker 2: The holidays, they split the holidays.
Speaker 1: But she was like, if that were me on the beach with Harry and he was with the kids on Thanksgiving, I would have been.
Speaker 2: Demolished, demolished, And I was like, she is right.
Speaker 3: Totally, She's so right.
Speaker 1: And I fell on the sword for this because I remember when they were dating, I didn't think.
Speaker 2: Anything was weird about Jason Sudakas and the girl. And now I'm like, shame on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to my accountability is everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be I'm gonna hold myself accountable to that. I didn't even look at her age.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know.
Speaker 5: I just I feel like Olivia and Harry were pretty private for the most part. But I remember people hating it, hating them together.
Speaker 3: I didn't figure out what I was. I was always like, why, Like, she's gorgeous, she's older just because she was older.
Speaker 1: Yes, they don't hate Zoe Kravitz. She's age appropriate even though she is a little bit older than him, I think by two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. You're so right though, I mean, the the it's it's everything. Though. I just saw this.
Speaker 5: I just saw this video about this girl saying, I guess there's this trend going around where it's.
Speaker 6: Zoeyk is five years older.
Speaker 3: They should she should be getting at least half of it.
Speaker 1: But she thought, I think when you hit ten, it's like when people really get round. Yeah, they get really repped up with the ten plus age.
Speaker 5: No, she was saying that this girl is saying that there's this trend going around where people say these husbands that.
Speaker 3: What's the word that she used, But basically they are I.
Speaker 2: Didn't marry a loser because I can like dress whatever I want.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's like basically talking about the things my husband does. Is a dad that go like over the top like that he like that would make an Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: These are things my husband does that would make an average not average, but like something man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's his own.
Speaker 3: Word though that they're talking about.
Speaker 5: Anyways, she was saying that she will not say that the things her husband does that are She goes, Yeah, the things my husband does would make a low effort husband. Look, they would in the horrible because my husband is an equal partner, he's an equal parent.
Speaker 3: She's like, but if you.
Speaker 5: Compare what he does to what a mom is expected to do as like everyday task, yeah, he's average. She's like, so I'll never hype my man up for doing what I considered the equal part of a relationship and what every woman is expected to do. Yeah, and so basically she was saying, like we've got like the standard shouldn't be that he the standard should just be that he is an equal partner and does the equal task not compare it to a low effort husband or.
Speaker 6: The bar is in the earth's course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Over the weekend, I made Allison uh scrambled a single scrambled egg. It took me like six minutes. And I made her a piece of toast and she was like, You're the greatest husband who's ever walked the earth. And I was like, man, I feel So it was nice for her to say that, but like I'm just like, what are we comparing this to? Like I'm just I'm doing the bare minimum here, Like I'm not even cleaning up after myself, like she had to clean it up.
Speaker 2: That's our trade off too.
Speaker 5: They're doing they're doing that on Love Island, you know, the islanders are making a bag.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Which, wait, we have to get into that.
Speaker 3: I'm all caught up same I. I skipped a few episodes because I got so bored with.
Speaker 2: It that I was like, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 3: Got right, Yes, I and I did, and I'm I got right back caught up.
Speaker 2: You miss pivotal things.
Speaker 1: I skipped through one challenge and I missed like some pivotal moments.
Speaker 3: I saw what I needed to see.
Speaker 2: Not only am I caught up on USA, I am also caught up on UK.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're really putting in the work. Proud of that.
Speaker 1: Last night I stop on the end of the UK one it said newt upcoming tomorrow, and I was like.
Speaker 3: I've done my work.
Speaker 2: Proud of myself all this cant of bed.
Speaker 3: Now that's why you slept so well? Yeah, mission accomplished.
Speaker 1: No, I'm proud that I've that. I'm still like keeping up on both.
Speaker 5: At the same time, I'm honestly surprised because USA has been so bad the.
Speaker 2: Last week, but I haven't been ready to like jump yet.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I get it, and now I'm glad I didn't know because Cassa More came back last night.
Speaker 1: Which I just want to preface with this is very early for Kassa More. Usually it's like it's a six week show, so it's usually like week three or four that they do cost some more. This has like been fourteen episodes. Or something, so like week.
Speaker 2: Two, then they're separate. They're desperate because you know what I think it is.
Speaker 1: I think that all the Islanders are very concerned about what people are thinking of them. So they're just staying in these safe couples because they don't want to jump around, because they don't want America to think that they're like whatever, So they're just like staying.
Speaker 2: Do you get what I'm saying. I don't think any of them like each.
Speaker 1: Other, like really except for Kaita and Zach maybe and Kenzie likes Colby or what's his name, Corbin?
Speaker 5: Okay, but this is my favorite part about this season is that everyone trying to tell stories of the episodes.
Speaker 3: No one knows anyone's names.
Speaker 5: Still still we're like, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There's like there's no standouts. There's nobody that I'm rooting for. Like it's weird. It's a weird season.
Speaker 3: Try is my standout right now?
Speaker 5: Because I have literally laughed out loud at her commentary on things and her and.
Speaker 1: Bryce to me, I don't know, they're like they're just again, they're just staying there because it's easy, and they just want America to like them.
Speaker 5: That would be another Amaya, Papaya and Brian situation if they won.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's horrible, it's so oh bad.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I was like, I'm so down on this season, like I hate all these people. Then last night's episode comes in. Not only so they so the heart rate challenge.
Speaker 3: They do everything explain costs some more to those who aren't watching, So.
Speaker 2: If you're not watching, cost some more.
Speaker 1: Is basically, they split the guys and they do it like week three or four, so that the couples are like really established okay, and they're like in love with each other basically, and then especially in the UK, they're like rellly in it. They split the guys and the girls up. They put, however many Islanders, that many new girls in the other house, and that many Islanders that many guys in the new house. And I think it's about a week a couple of days where they stay in these houses with brand new people and then they either have to choose to stay with their old couple or recouple with this new coss some more person.
Speaker 2: It's always the juiciest. It's always when like things hit the fan, things hit the fan, and.
Speaker 1: There's some like iconic seasons where like like I'll never forget Callum and.
Speaker 3: Shauna in the UK.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what season. I think it was season six. They were like coupled up, like they were like the mom and dad of the villa. They were like locked in. And then he went to cost some More, brought back Mollie, and my jaw was on the floor like this is just like the tip of the iceberg with to me. After cost some More, I get to me, the show gets boring.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's not good for this season since they've done it so early.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because what they did so the heart rate challenge they do every season and it's like basically they just like grind on each other to see who gets your heart rate up the most out of everybody.
Speaker 2: So they're all like getting.
Speaker 1: In their gear like twerking, like learning their things.
Speaker 2: Like they're like the girls are ready to like go at it right.
Speaker 1: They take the guys out, take the guys to cost some More. They sit the girls down at the fire pit and they give them a big screen TV to watch the heart rate challenge with all the guys and cost some More with all these new girls. It was cinema.
Speaker 2: It was so.
Speaker 1: Good because now here's the thing. What do you know what they did with this episode? What the girls are usually boring in Cossa more because they like their original pair, so they don't really explore. They're notorious for not exploring. Now the girls are seeing their guys running amuck looking like idiots. Now they're fired up. Now they want the guys to come and say, you're gonna do that. I'm gonna do it too.
Speaker 5: And guess what, there's twelve guys. There's double amount of girls.
Speaker 2: Double the amount. So I am I.
Speaker 1: It was so smart on the producer's side because I feel like they could tell everybody was bored with this season and they've never done this before and it was so genius.
Speaker 3: But here's my thing.
Speaker 5: These guys, the guys seemed really into the cost some more girls like I've been waiting for.
Speaker 3: Like it was Haley looks at me and goes dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of them too.
Speaker 3: There was not one that was right, not even one of them.
Speaker 2: I think Caleb a past because he doesn't have a couple.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the only one.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but not one of them was like I semi respect like everyone said, Sincere was like the least uh into it or whatever he was.
Speaker 3: But the way he was looking, but he looks kill.
Speaker 2: It looks could kill.
Speaker 3: Then he did the worst.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I will say the other guys with their hands, with their with the everything, sincerelyast I feel like took his hands to.
Speaker 2: Himself for the most part. The girls and bouncing, I mean it was porn. I soft porn. That's righted R. That show should be rated R.
Speaker 7: If Girls Like.
Speaker 1: Girls is getting a PG thirteen rating, Yeah, Love Island shde or at R.
Speaker 5: I just was thinking about my family sitting down, like, let's watch Beca's episode of Love Island.
Speaker 3: She's coming me getting balanced.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny?
Speaker 1: I think about myself too, because I'm like these people live, they're like twenty one between like twenty one to twenty seven range, and I'm like, god, like if I were to do Love Island when I was twenty two years old, like I would have come in at the heart rate challenge and like, I don't know, I would not be doing what they were doing.
Speaker 3: But nothing was more you than when Kinzie they were screaming.
Speaker 5: And then she went to split and started to working just ground like out of nowhere. Is like her anger took over and she had to she rage took.
Speaker 3: Over her rage.
Speaker 5: And then Trinity was like, I'm irritated Bryce looking so scrawny.
Speaker 2: Which fair understood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's always been that scrawny and you were in love with him two days ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's just the safety of a couple. Again, I don't, I think, and Zac to me is so toxic. I'm like, I want Kada to find somebody else.
Speaker 1: I think too, Like Zach should have kept his hands to himself. I'm sorry he's already slept with Kada.
Speaker 3: He should have.
Speaker 2: Been way more respectful than that. I understand.
Speaker 1: If these girls are going to come in and they're going to kiss him, you do not need to like bouncy and like put your hands on their butt. Like, you don't need to do that. You can sit there and like I say, be respectful, but like.
Speaker 3: There's not be respectful in Love Island, but.
Speaker 2: There is a way to do it. And he did not do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like gross, And I love Zach and now I'm like, oh I did.
Speaker 3: I loved him from the beginning. I mean I wasn't like I.
Speaker 2: Liked him because I liked Charlie and that's his brother.
Speaker 5: Yea, So I was like, yeah, but the like looking down each other's pants is not something men do.
Speaker 3: Because I I was like baffled by this.
Speaker 6: That did come across my desk this week.
Speaker 3: The girth check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not something that did you ask Robbie. Yeah, it's nothing he's ever done with his friends.
Speaker 6: I'm I've never had a girth check or given one, and I'm feel like I've missed out all my homies. Call me, I'll give you a girth check.
Speaker 1: I feel like, and again this is my like cynical side. I feel like the producers told Bryson Zach, like, hey, the public think you guys have like a romance, and they're like taking it to another level.
Speaker 5: I don't think so it's too weird. I think I really don't think so. I think the producers are definitely editing those parts in there to feed the narrative, but I don't think they're telling them.
Speaker 2: I think they're telling them.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: All these people to me are just like acting. I can't, I really can't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so it's brutal.
Speaker 2: Pop on over to the UK and see what reel is.
Speaker 6: Are you gonna watch costs some more in theaters today?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Because the only Yah you didn't know that, but they the only one in LA is.
Speaker 2: Downtown at like Alamo.
Speaker 3: No, it's at the it's at the La Live one.
Speaker 2: But for me to go downtown at six pm on a Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they haven't earned that type of this.
Speaker 6: Sea not this season.
Speaker 2: This was last season. I probably would have.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and everyone acting so shocked by Casey. I'm like he was just waiting for a girl to come in that had interest in him.
Speaker 2: Casey and Amaya and Aya.
Speaker 3: Well Maya was last year.
Speaker 2: They are the top playing it safe couple.
Speaker 1: To me, they are like the peak of we're just together to because we want America to like us.
Speaker 3: I know, but I think he was just wait.
Speaker 5: I think he was really playing the game of seeming interested, but he was just waiting. She to me, was just like wants to have a connection. Is forcing it's trying to have it with him, Yeah, but it's scared that she if.
Speaker 3: She loses him, then she goes home. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just it's just a total show to be honestly, and.
Speaker 1: Like they're all making everybody breakfast like this used to be earned, Like you didn't just get breadakfast with your couple, Like that was earned.
Speaker 3: Back in the day. Now they're all just making.
Speaker 1: Breakfast for this person that they're like coupled up with yesterday. I'm just like, oh, I didn't know that. Yeah, breakfast was like an earned thing. Now it's just like they want to look good, like I can't.
Speaker 3: I hate when good things get ruined.
Speaker 1: We got to get back to some grassroots that the Love Island villa. I think the problem was season six blew up so big that like and then I guess seven it wasn't like. I just feel like at this point now it's like cats out of the bag. It's gonna get bad like maybe this season and then they're gonna have like grassroots it again.
Speaker 3: How do the Curious though I don't know.
Speaker 2: The Bats never could do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah they did.
Speaker 5: They did it with Joey. When they brought Joey back. There was a resurgence and then.
Speaker 3: Well they have to find their Joey's. They do. They have to find their Joey's and their Kelsey's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because all these people are just in it for the for the cloud. Yeah, there's really not one person that I'm like connected to, which is heartbreaking as a Love Island purist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's like that sometimes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine if they can keep momentum up from.
Speaker 2: The last night's episode.
Speaker 5: I just I don't know how they're gonna do that unless the guys are amazing.
Speaker 3: But I've already seen a girl already posted this.
Speaker 5: My boyfriend going in he told me he was going to work on a job. No, yeah, I know, and and like, in what world does he think she's not gonna expose me? Right?
Speaker 1: These people don't have brains, Like I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I think they get them before the frontal lobes are developed for a reason.
Speaker 3: Damn didn't happen on.
Speaker 6: The Bachelor or always like yeah, yeah, someone was in a relationship like I'm just gonna go on.
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh, well we're on our break so I'm not really in a relationship. Oh.
Speaker 5: So my theory with Zach because he was so weird about Kaden and he kept bringing up like if a new bombshell comes in or you're gonna get mad.
Speaker 3: He kept bringing that up, and Kaylor.
Speaker 5: From was that a lot two seasons ago yeah, did this like behind the scenes Q and A.
Speaker 3: And she was saying that when you are on.
Speaker 5: The flight to Fiji, it's such a small there's so many small planes, so when you see someone, you can kind.
Speaker 3: Of gauge by how they look, how they're like they're gonna be on the show.
Speaker 5: I feel like he maybe saw one of the Cossa more girls or saw a bombshell.
Speaker 2: Saw somebody that obviously was not in the.
Speaker 3: Villa and was gonna and was like, way you might come in.
Speaker 5: So he kept like saying, like if someone that's my theory.
Speaker 1: That's an excellent theory because I found it to be so weird that he kept saying that. I'm like, you're having sex with her? And then You're like, are you gonna be mad if I talk to a bombshell?
Speaker 5: Like of course yeah, But like he hadn't been interested in any of the bombshells, so I'm like, why does he keep saying this if he hasn't made an effort with any of the bombshells.
Speaker 2: That's an excellent point.
Speaker 5: So her saying that, and then she also talked about like bad Breath, and Kaylor did about how like, yeah, people just have like you're not, I'll have to say anything about it. And I always think about how everyone in that room sleeping in that same room.
Speaker 3: I cannot. It gives me. I can't.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like when I was in my sorority and we had sleeping porches, so like you didn't sleep in your room. There was like two rooms in the sorority house that just had bunk beds. It was always cold and dark, like the light you can't turn the lights on, it's always dark. That's where you go to sleep every night. If you want to take a nap, you go in there. But it's just like a bunch of bunk beds and like people wouldn't wash their sheets, and like we're girls, imagine how gross a guy's one of those would be.
Speaker 6: So it's cold, dark and funky. Yeah, it's grown mushrooms in there.
Speaker 3: Like it's better than hot, musty and funky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, not much better.
Speaker 5: But I just am always like people have different hygiene routines, people have different expectations.
Speaker 3: People don't. Yeah, it's just so much to think about. I can barely watch the morning scenes.
Speaker 2: Without just like thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Panic, I know, honestly, like my biggest blessing is that I married a man who loses his sense of smell ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 3: Well, is that your biggest blessing because.
Speaker 1: I don't have to worry about farting around him.
Speaker 2: The time he smells it.
Speaker 3: You're both so lunky, I know. I was thinking about it.
Speaker 5: It's like Melanie going up to Soul Times and sleeping, because it was like with Corbett.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that just be me.
Speaker 2: Oh some fresh air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might be hot and not getting a full night sleep, but at least it's clean air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would ask for like some air doctors up in that room.
Speaker 3: Surely they have something. I'm sure Yeah, yeah, Late East And I saw you watch the New Nanny Show.
Speaker 6: You guys, I don't watch reality TV ever, but the Million Dollar Nannies on Hulu. It's some of the best shows I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 3: What makes it so good it's it's.
Speaker 6: So funny and unexpectedly crazy. And I watched this show because there's these guys on Instagram that have captured my imagination. They're called Our Three Dads, and it's these two guys were married and they had twins. They got divorced. Then one of them got married to a new person, and then the ex husband lives at the house with them now. So the three of them are raising the kids and they make these like weird tiktoks where they're just like overly filtered and they're doing like trends like the wrong way, like where they're like pointing at text with the word balloons on the other side of the screen. So I started following them out of morbid curiosity, and then I saw that they were gonna be on this reality show Million Dollar Nannies, and I'm like, well, I got to see my three dads on there, and they're all all three of them no no, that they have times and they have hired nanny's. So the show is about it's this like this girl's trying to start an agency of nanny's. So they go to a visa during the summer and they're trying to get these like really rich families hire them, and there is just chaos, their secrets get uncovered. It was It's a wild ride. I loved it. I burned through it.
Speaker 5: It's not like following nannies who are already established with families.
Speaker 3: It's like trying to be a nanny.
Speaker 2: It's like they an abiza. Yeah, I'm not following.
Speaker 6: Some of them have been nannies before. Some of them are just friends that tagged along, like are trying to become nannies. It's like and it's it's Shodenfreud because it's like someone who does not know how to run a business trying to start a business and they're just doing everything wrong. And I just loved it. It's so great.
Speaker 1: I will say, I'm not a big reality TV person aside from love shows.
Speaker 2: Oh what Survivor is that reality show?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 2: Oh huh? Barbecue Brawl that's a reality show. Aren't those competitions reality?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I like I don't like reality reality, Like, like.
Speaker 6: You're not watching Kardashiansans doesn't entice me.
Speaker 3: The summerhouse that people watch didn't entice me. The city does entice me.
Speaker 2: Housewives doesn't entice me.
Speaker 3: Like I just people living their lives. Do you like a competition, like a.
Speaker 2: Competition or a love show?
Speaker 3: That's kind of like I.
Speaker 5: Think Love Island is also a competition, but it's a love show.
Speaker 2: Sure love is in the title, Sure love is blind. Come on over?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, there's a lot of shows out right now that I like really want to sink my teeth into that I just can't get around because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're booked and busy, double books, dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean to step outside the Love Island universe before July twelfth.
Speaker 2: Wo, it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen for me.
Speaker 3: Well, after July twelfth, you'll have time. You're going to be like, what can I watch next?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I wanted to look at some passive aggressive phrases that people use.
Speaker 3: With their partner but also for our friendship.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Well, oh so I.
Speaker 1: Actually read this list and I was like, I don't use these with my partner, but other people use these at me and I want to.
Speaker 3: Cry. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say strangle, but that seemed little harsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll get into a wing it.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're back.
Speaker 5: So these are some passive aggressive phrases you might be using with your partner or people in your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I so you said, you you find that you don't use any of these in your.
Speaker 2: Relationship with my relationship to Robbie, Now I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, So basically it's I actually feel like probably at the beginning of our relationship, I was probably using these and not even knowing how passive aggressive because I didn't know how. I still am working on communicating, but I didn't know how to communicate my feelings without having like a sarcastic edge or something. And Haley did not grow up within a family where there was a lot of sarcasm, so it would be like, I don't get it. Why are you not just saying what you want or think? And I was like, that's not comfortable to me. So these are some of the ones that are common.
Speaker 2: I'm fine, Oh well, yeah, I mean I feel like everybody says that.
Speaker 5: What it really means I'm upset, but I'm not ready to talk about it.
Speaker 3: I use this.
Speaker 5: I do use this because I'm like, I think i'm saying it in a way that I'm fine, but also it's a sign of like, give me some space for a second.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, but I'm teetering. If you keep pressing me, I'm gonna not be fine.
Speaker 3: We might need to talk about this later, but I'm not ready to. But I'm all around, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This next one is what people use with me, and it drives me up a wall. People that I work with I will not name names. Must be nice. Oh my god, I hate that so much.
Speaker 2: Like if I'm talking about watching Love Island for three hours.
Speaker 3: A day, must be nice?
Speaker 1: Like what because your life is so much busier than mine that you can't squeeze in you know what?
Speaker 9: I to me?
Speaker 2: It makes me dry. I hate when people say must be nice.
Speaker 5: People don't know the effort that you put in to make sure you get three hours of Love Islands.
Speaker 2: Like sacrifice in other areas of my life. Very must be nice. It must be nice.
Speaker 1: Because your life is so full that you can't watch three hours of television.
Speaker 2: Must be nice? Oh I hate must be nice?
Speaker 3: You must be nice. I don't like that. I have seen comments where people will say must be nice.
Speaker 2: But like, oh, you guys do taco Tuesday every Tuesday. Must be nice? Huh yeah, we we have tacos every Tuesday. It's just like a way to plan our week and it's fun for us. Just be nice.
Speaker 6: It must be a nice feels aggressive aggressive.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I hate because no one's saying must be nice passively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're saying it aggressively.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I think it's just like a jealous judy, just like raging.
Speaker 6: You know, something that's must be nice adjacent that I've been getting a lot is oh I love that for you. I interpret that very poorly.
Speaker 5: An example of how it was said to you in what situations Like let.
Speaker 6: Me think, and this might this might be a me problem, this might be an Eastern problem. But I'm saying like, oh, like like, oh, I went to I went to Disneyland the other day, and oh I love that for you, Like like I love that. Must be exciting for you, but that's hell to me, like saying like I don't find that exciting, but that is probably exciting for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I use that term a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, them across kind of oh not for me, but good for you, which now they say it out loud.
Speaker 6: Is that so wrong?
Speaker 1: I get to go spend the whole day like sitting on the beach, and I'm like, I love that for you.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want to do that bad example.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you could just replace that with like, oh my god, that sounds that's sound so nice, you know, But yeah, I think the must be nice thing is especially frustrating when It's like when people have chosen to have kids and their life is chaos and that hasn't been the choice that I made for myself.
Speaker 3: So I have I.
Speaker 5: Can spend my money and do things that I want to do for myself. And then it's like, must be nice as if like someone.
Speaker 3: Forced them into that situation.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I guess I just can't do anything right. This is This is a tough one because when you're in a fight, especially with your partner, this is such a it just is gonna lead down a tough road.
Speaker 2: I fall victim to this one all the time. You say this, no, whatever you want, oh, whatever you want. Wait, where's that at the bottom?
Speaker 3: What it really means?
Speaker 5: I don't agree, but I'm shutting down instead of talking about Oh my gosh, that is so used.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, whatever you want, like, and I truly deeply mean it. I don't have it in me to argue. I don't have it in me to like really fight.
Speaker 2: For my point. Whatever you want, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 5: But if the choice is made and it's not something you want, or are you going to speak up or are you gonna be upset? No?
Speaker 2: I'll just be like grumpy throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But it's fine.
Speaker 5: You didn't speak up to say. You just said whatever you want. So it's that's tough. It's a lose lose.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it's tough with me sometimes.
Speaker 5: But sometimes when I don't want to make a decision and Haley is asking, I'm genuinely like, no, whatever you want to do, I'm I'm fine with because I don't have it in me to make a decision, so therefore I can't complain it.
Speaker 3: When it comes to like food.
Speaker 2: Choices, Oh, whatever you want.
Speaker 5: You In Chicago that night after we did the podcast, I will never forget, I was so tired and hungry, my feet hurt so bad, and you were in the whatever you want mentality and I was in my whatever you want mentality and it was stressful.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted a fun vibe. Yeah, but you weren't helping me.
Speaker 5: You were just saying whatever I want instead of being productive.
Speaker 3: So tough. So I the lesson here is just say be direct.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Communication is key. I think I communicate too much.
Speaker 5: I really have learned to. I used to think being direct or confrontational was a negative thing. I used to take it as like a personal thing, and I see it so differently now. If someone's direct and assertive, I am like, you are amazing saying because that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Because when you lot mhmm, I'm direct, I'll be like, are you mad at me? What's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I wouldn't be because like I didn't respond to your like guess what text? No, yeah, I'm never worried about not knowing where you're at.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay goohd.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I just would highly recommend being assertive. I don't know if it's where I grew up. Everything's very you know, the South is very like. You just want to be nice, and people pleas are and sometimes people pleasers just want assertiveness and directness. So yeah, anyways, we are saying goodbye.
Speaker 2: We are saying goodbye, but not for.
Speaker 5: Long because we will be back on Thursday with more of us and this like such as so must be nice.
Speaker 1: It must be nice to have all that time a podcast.
Speaker 5: Bye, I love you so much to go see girls like Girls this week and we will be back Thursday.
Speaker 3: We love you so much.
Speaker 2: I love you. By bye,