Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for what watch joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me, I'm your favorite up shout of Sharp. That guy is your favorite.
Speaker 2: Number eighty five Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Famer pro bowler All Pro.
Speaker 3: That's chat O Cho Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us as the Chargers take down the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Thirty four is twenty seven in a Thursday night game.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the game is called, but the Chargers did win by the score of thirty four to twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for your support. Thank you, guys for your continued support. We greatly, greatly appreciate it. Shave by Laportier eight The holidays are pun used. What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier eight. Now, if you didn't order it by today, I hate it. Got bad news for you. You're not gonna be able to get it by the thirtieth. The eighteenth was to cut off, and so hopefully if you ordered it by midnight.
Speaker 3: If you ordered by midnight, there's still a chance.
Speaker 2: But if you don't get it in by the eighteenth, we can't guarantee you that it's gonna be there by the thirtieth.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Jack, I hate to interrupt, you know while we do. The introduction appear in the merchant. I was just curious if I was gonna get mind before Christmas, because I was hoping I could use it being there to have a few flights to catch in cold weather cities.
Speaker 3: Are you at your house right now? Yeah? Okay, are you sure? Yeah? I mean cot the mergers sit there. That's where the merch is for real.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm okay, okay, okay now, and maybe it might be maybe someone might be keeping it from me on purpose, knowing that I'm waiting on it, so I would have to deal with that on a okay, okay.
Speaker 3: A later day.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I apologize, Go ahead and continue my bad.
Speaker 2: If you cannot find Shape by Laportier in a city or state near you, you can order and we'll get it right to you immediately. And one more thing, please drink responsibly. Go follow my media company on all of its pages, all of his platform excuse me, and that Shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Our news release just dropped last month. We've got t shirt, sweats. We've also had stocking stuffers such as beanies, cooses, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans. It's our first spring tour stop. The tickets are them sale now. The link is pinned in the top of the check. February sixth in New Orleans. Make sure you're there. We've been nominated for two sports podcast Awards, Best American Football Podcast and Best Sports Comedy Podcast. Please go vote. The link is pinned at the top of the chat and on our social pages as well as out in our social bios. The Chargers take down the Broncosh after they outscore them twenty one to six in the second half. The Chargers needed to win need to win one of their next two games to clinch a playoff spot in the AFC. The Broncos need to win or tie one of their next two games in order to clinch an AFC's playoff spot. Bow knicks twenty nine to forty two, sixty three two touchdowns, Justin Herbert twenty three four thirty one eighty four, two touchdowns and one interceptions. Broncos got off to a great start twenty one, scored twenty one points in the first half. Chargers get a free kick. What people didn't understand about the rule OJO on the last play, if somebody fair catches it, send us for a fair catch and there's a penalty call on the kicking team. You couldn't elect to have a free kick because there's no time on the clock. That's what the Chargers did. They elected to get a free kick. The guy made a fifty seven yard field goal. So they went in at the half down twenty one to ten. But they come out on fire in the second half and score outscored the Broncos twenty one to six, and they win the ball game very much. Could have been very detrimental to the playoff hops had they lost this game.
Speaker 3: But they did what they were supposed to do. They hung tough.
Speaker 2: They dialed the pressure up in the second half, and the Broncos committed some penaloties. Listen, O tell I'll let you take it out of the Yeah, when the quarterbacks start to slide, they're not gonna let you touch it, even if you bump it. Guys go over the top with the monkey roll. If you touch the quarterback, he's going into a slide. They're going to throw a pillarty. You can't say bull drive that say I didn't hit him that hard, don't touch you. But the Broncos they self inflicted uh the pendal in the second half, both offensively and defensively, and both Knicks had UH. He had memes Marvin Melmmes Jr. Seven eight yards behind the defender and he puts too much air of it. Lets the defender catch up. And that was basically you can't miss those kind of opportunities when you're on the road. Go ahead on, Joe, un listen.
Speaker 5: First off, the Broncos loss and I've allowed you which I don't know why you doing it, but for some reason it's coming out your mouth.
Speaker 1: I didn't say any want you to say foot on ball tonight. Matter of fact, any words that begin with the letter F or begin with a letter B. I don't even want to hear it. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Say I did not say that you did. I said, I said the Broncos lost a game to the Broncos.
Speaker 1: What letter is that? They started with a letter be right?
Speaker 5: I don't matter of fact, don't say foot ball, and I don't want to hear no words come out of your mouth tonight on it.
Speaker 1: The entirety of the show begins to the letter F.
Speaker 3: It begins with the letter B because of the good guys lost to the bad guys. How about that.
Speaker 1: That's start.
Speaker 3: That's the letter B.
Speaker 1: That's that's a letter be the good guys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, the good guys lost to the enemy.
Speaker 1: There we go. I like that. I like that much better. Now I hate that.
Speaker 5: I hate to do this, but I want to make sure that you understand what the Broncos losing to Night, that there's a certain team in the Midwest has an opportunity to get into the playoffs and be into the hunt.
Speaker 1: Because it's nice lost I got.
Speaker 3: But y'all gotta win out and the Broncos have to lose.
Speaker 1: Have you seen our have you seen our schedule?
Speaker 3: Have you seen I've seen, I've seen the I've seen the Bengals. Oh, I can't say that's.
Speaker 5: The word be anyway, But anyway, back back Tony, Listen, both Knicks they look good in the first half. They look good good in the first half. I don't know if Sean Payton is a quarterback whisper or what it is, because both Knicks started the season off not very good, not very good. But how he's been from maybe week week five or six and on, he's been playing great football. He've been playing really great football. The opportunities in the second half, the throw to men, you can't you can't miss that on those throws like that, and opportunities and moments you have to make those.
Speaker 1: And I think that would be a difference, got it obviously didn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't help themselves with the penalties offensive land defensely like you already said. But that got damned Justin Herbert in the second half, and he put the team on his back, on his shoulder. He plays the throws using his legs as well. Is one of the reasons why they why they outscored the Dan Broncos twenty one the six.
Speaker 1: And it was a good game. It was a good game.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a snooze fest like the last previous game they had Thursday night. So it was kolos to them. And I mean Bronco Broncos fans in the chat you can say football ball, but cannot at all no words again that begin with the letter S or the letter B.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you know, when you go on the road, you gotta damn there play perfect. These teams are there. It's not like one team is exponentially better than the other team. They're very close. Uh the score would indicate that. But you can't miss those opportunities. You got them on third down, you got them off the field, and guess what happens. You get a rough in the past, you get a rough in the quarterback penalty and guess you give them a new set of downs and they score touchdown, you're about to make them kick a field goal. Okay, you got justin Herbert sat or at least tackle for a loss, and you horse calling, you give them a first down. It's things like that, you jump off side twice or one drive, I think they had like four penalties on one drive. Well, you're not gonna, I mean, you're first of all, there are not very many teams that are good enough to overcome that kind of dysfunction on one drive. You can't give you know, two fifteen yard pillars and two five yard penoties.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: And the Broncos definitely not good enough to do that, especially on the road. And so you know, you chalk it up. I'm sure Sean is telling them like, hey, guys, we've got to clean some things up. We still got another opportunity. Next week they're on the road, if I'm not mistaken, against Pittsburgh and then your home against Kansas City. Now, it seems like Mahomes is gonna play yeah to on Saturday, and it'll be very interesting to see. There's a good chance that if they clinch home field, he's not gonna play the final.
Speaker 1: This yeah, no need, no need, no need, You're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna You're not gonna run. You're not gonna run that risk.
Speaker 2: But I think at the end of the day, Oh Joe, you got to give give the charges credit because they like man.
Speaker 3: The Broncos were kind of having their way with them in the.
Speaker 1: First a what's wrong with bo saying and Khalil Mack like.
Speaker 2: A great job doubles. They did a great job. They doubled them a little bit. They chipped them on the way out. Bosa did get a sack. The guy came off one side and forced the Nicks up into the pocket and they did a great job of collapsing the pocket and they got one. But when you look at I thought the Broncos did a great job of neutralizing what they were trying to do. They're pressure to you now. They did get caught some pressure. You saw they started bringing James off the edge. They started bringing some of their linebackers to try to generate some pressure. Try to eat a rookie quarterback and so we're gonna try to speed him up. One thing you don't want to do and let any quarterback is that you don't want to let him get comfortable. And as long as he's not comfortable, you have a great chance. Now they make him uncomfortable. We wanted you to make snap decisions and give them. Give the charges credit. They added pressure to the mix, and they frustrated the Broncos and they ended up winning the game.
Speaker 3: Well, you liked it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear you say foot and you said Broncos again. So matter of fact, every time you say anything with the.
Speaker 1: Letter F of the letter B in it, you owe me a dollar every time. And I'm.
Speaker 2: No, I got you said. I should have never told you that. Hey, what's that there? That with your with your your stripeless time?
Speaker 3: Oh listen, listen. You know it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 5: It's gonna hurt when it's gonna hurt when the Broncos lose the last three games that they have and we get the opportunity to go into the playoffs and then we shock everybody because of what we're gonna do offensively.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not telling you what I hurt. I'm telling you what I know. I'm not Cleo. I'm not Cleo. I can just see I can see it playing out right now. The Bengals have a horrible, horrible season defensively, but for some reason, they end up in not only the AFC Championship, they end up in the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Because what better story is there than Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase back at home.
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all got the Steelers too, y'all got the Steelers again.
Speaker 1: Let me finish what I'm saying. What better story? What better story is, don't get too happy too soon, don't do that.
Speaker 5: What better story is there than Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow playing in their second.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl in New Orleans, right on Madden, in their backyard where they went to college.
Speaker 3: Oh, and made it's possible.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a beautiful story. It's gonna be.
Speaker 5: And don't say I didn't tell you so in chat anybody that does not believe in me right now and what I'm telling you because I got the script. I got the script. I know how it's gonna play out. And I don't don't be coming back and saying, oh, oh, show you said it first. Oh, I you know you was right now.
Speaker 2: You'll see what two three can cool. Let's get in here, O Joe Court Mahmes likely to start Saturday against the Texans. Andy Re said today he did look good out there. He moved around pretty good. So you're always looking to make sure that he can get out of the way, not do further any harm to them. Uh well, not to further any harm to him. Uh So that's what I look look at. I've been through with him before, and he's amazed every time he does it. The guy, he seems to have been mentally tough and just puts it in his mindset that he's going to go in there and get it done. Whereas a few days ago. Yeah, I mean, obviously the first couple of days you're at your sword. You know that that well that that plane ride home. You try to minimize the swelling on show. So they probably had him in a boat, might have had him.
Speaker 1: In a too especially d home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you try to so you try to minimize the swelling once you get that. Now, unfortunately, you're gonna have to live at the facility. Yeah, we're gonna have to give you twenty four I we're gonna get your treatment. You're gonna have to sleep on the table, We're gonna get your comfortably if possibly can. But you're about to get treatment around the clock. I mean, and that's a part. That's a part of it, Jo. People don't realize that, but that's a part of it. That's your you, man. I'm gonna go home, not where you care, not where you really care, and the game means something to you. This is what you do in order to make sure you get out there and try to be there for your team.
Speaker 5: I think today's game, obviously, as opposed to when we were playing, obviously me. I mean the amenities and what we had to to to our disposal as far as treatment is concerned, and the medicines and the technology when it comes to healing and having to be at the stadium, you know, long hours well well before practice, after practice, and sometimes even coming in the evenings to get that work to hurr up and try to get yourself ready for a game on the weekend. It's I'm sure it's much much better as opposed to when we were playing. You know, so I think I knew, I knew Mahomes was gonna I knew Mahomes was gonna play. I knew it was gonna play just because they had the resources to heal the body much quicker as opposed to look at the goddamn method I had to use, you know, for those in the chat though, No, look at the method I had to use the home remedy I had to use where I had to, you know, have my teammates help me along with the doctors and our physical therapists, you know, asked me to do to make sure I didn't miss any games during my tenure while I played. So kudo kudos and Mahomes. He's obviously one of the toughest quarterbacks out there. When I think about a quarterback that is always nicked up and always hurt, but still pulls through and always plays, I think of Steve McNair. I think of Ben Rocks. Yeah, we'll use always for some reason. They were always banged up, but always showed up to the party.
Speaker 3: We found a way to get out every time.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe Mahomes gives his offensive line and over one hundred thousand dollars in gifts each, I don't know why. The first most expensive gift is a Rolex god dweller valued at twenty thousand. A Yetti cooler value at four hundred and twenty five dollars. LU Casey boots value at nine one hundred dollars. Of course I said it right, I know it. Look at boots are the hell nomadic elite. Uh there are the boots that you put on in their pressurized boot to help get the swelling out, keep swelling out.
Speaker 3: That's one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oakley sunglasses at at two hundred dollars for a grand total of twenty two thousand, five hundred and twenty five dollars for five offensive linemen come to a whopping total of one hundred and twelve thousand, six hundred and twenty four dollars.
Speaker 3: That's life.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's like now. Now, I hate to see. I don't know who the least sad quarterback is, but I can imagine what he got his line. Oh Rock Party got his truck, got his five office. Oh Rock Party gave his teammates ten Toyota tun your trucks what one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine ten.
Speaker 5: Hold on, but you have to understand Brock Party probably has an endorsement with Toyota as well, so he that made the transition in getting them those Toyotas.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you got a pretty good deal on that. I'm sure you got a pretty.
Speaker 3: Deal on that.
Speaker 5: And because of obviously you just you just mentioned it. The way the officer line has been playing, the way they've been playing, obviously when it comes to homes and being sacked and him running for his life. Most of the goddamn Peter, despite being twelve and one or thirteen and one, whatever their record may be, he's already banged up. And nobody's banged up for a reason. I'm not sure, and I mean no disrespect. I'm not sure who the left tackle and the right tackles are. But baby, we got to do something. We got to do something, especially going into the playoffs. If you're going to try to compete, especially from an officer standpoint, you can't play the way you've been playing all season long.
Speaker 1: Like I know, you have to watch film.
Speaker 5: I know when you watch film, you got to feel bad about yourself when you see that name in your number and the things that are happening to your quarterback got there on the field.
Speaker 1: You got to feel bad. So I can understand spending one hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: It's the reason why you got one hundred thousand of gifts and the goddamn forty nine ers off the line and got Toyota tundras.
Speaker 1: I mean, no disrespect. Yeah, like, like, come on, they have to do better.
Speaker 5: And I'm not wonder but I'm not one to really chastise players. But but I mean it's abysmal and then you talking about not once, you know, once in a while, it's every guy, damn week, come on baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the quarterbacks normally do things. Josh Allen is the least sacked quarterback. I can just imagine what he's gonna get him. He already got him something, didn't didn't he get him something? I mean, you know, they got these uh what they call these things they drive in the countryside. You gotta ask you what do they call them? Like they look at the four wheelers, but they got like, oh the Canam Canam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like they're like a like an off road video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Canam with the big tires.
Speaker 3: Yeah a TV yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Yeah. So that that's a bit. That was a very a very popular gift.
Speaker 2: I don't know if somebody got those, but that's normally was a very very popular gift. Hunting, you know, rifles, hunting, you know, shotguns, rifles. That was a very popular gift when I was when I was playing. I don't know, they probably don't advertise that because you know, everybody like table against guns, and damn near every American got at least three. We got more guns in America for everybody to hate guns. We got more guns in America than the rest of the damn world combined.
Speaker 5: Listen, everywhere I go, I carry, but I carry both of mine. I carry both, you know.
Speaker 1: So we got we got one on the right, we got one on the left. I don't go nowhere without.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got that. I got another thing. But that's another hero up there.
Speaker 2: But uh no, but you know what I think, you know, for me, I know if I had been a quarterback, you know, I would have definitely taken care of it. Like I said, I did that one gesture where I got a stainless steel row Lexus for my lineman and I had it engraved. I said, you know, thanks for making this possible, Shannon Sharp. So I don't know them. Some of them might be in a pawn shop, so I don't know. But he let me take this back. I actually Gary Zimmerman said, Nah, you don't have to do anything for me. He like Sharp this is this is my job. I expect me. I expect to do my job. I blocked you go catch touchdowns.
Speaker 3: We tricked.
Speaker 2: When you put the ball into the end zone, you get first downs. You you paid off my hard work. But uh uh seven also said the same thing, Sevison. Nah, you ain't got to get me anything, tea so so but rock perty he's winning today, right that okay? Joe Burrow gifted all of his offensive linemen Japanese katana swords from the sixteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: They're unique.
Speaker 2: Each sword comes with his own story from certain towns of battle he put. He put them all in the room and had them pick theirs out. Orlando Brown said, Joe does a great job at buying gifts that are extremely meaningful. The fact that he bought me a sword is just the most ancient form of respect.
Speaker 1: That that that Yeah, now thats dope. You remember remember kill Bill right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, remember the Hansa Hanzo Handel Torri. I forgot the name of the sword. I forgot the name of the pur whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: But that is a gift.
Speaker 5: Now, that's a thoughtful gift, one that you can cherish and that you put I don't know where you're gonna live at. But can you imagine having a sword, Japanese sword of any kind. Now that's called memorabilia. That's probably something that's gonna be worth some eons later on down the line, just in case, you know, for for God's sake, you need you know, the cash or something, and you got a goddamn Japanese samurai sword happened in your basement or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yoa With the money they're making now, if you need a little something down the road, you need your ass, somebody need to take that sword from you and cut your ass.
Speaker 1: Let's let's understand something. Let's understand something now.
Speaker 5: Let's never forget it don't matter how much money they give you, and they're willing to give you because they always know.
Speaker 1: What's coming back to them anyway.
Speaker 5: Because despite them giving more money, the lessons and the understanding and the discipline it takes to be financially is still not there.
Speaker 2: It's still not there. But but go ahead, Uh yeah, yeah, you know. I tell people this all the time. It's not how much money you make, it's how much you key because you can make it a turn. If you make a million dollars and you spend a million dollars, what if you actually come Well, if you make a million dollars, you only get to spend five hundred because Uncle Sam gonna get here one way or another. Now you could, hey, you can give it to involuntarily or guess what, He'll take every all your possessions, put your ass in jail and then make it so hard that you're never gonna be able to come back out from it. So you have to be very very careful. Just like I said, you make a million dollars, say actually I made five hundred thousand, because you better sit five hundred thousand dollars aside because Uncle Sam don't won't get money.
Speaker 5: I think I think it's it's something, it's something that I should do, and it it's long overdue. Is having something written, maybe something written or maybe an audio audio book or on my saddiness when it came to spend it and how I was able to save for so long. I don't think the people in the chat are just people in general understand what percentage of us as athletes, not just NFL players, not baseball, not FU I mean just everybody NBA like everyone like eighty seven. Maybe it might be at ninety percent. Now they go broke two years removed from the game that they that they play. Why because when it's coming in and now in today's game ten years from now. Because you think you're getting so much money or you're making so much you know, the money goes across the ESPN ticket everybody think, oh my god, they got googobs that goddamn money eight ninety and you look up because of the way you're spending, because you know what's coming in. When it's coming in, or you're feeling good or you feeling you're feeling good. Man, Listen, God forbid something happen.
Speaker 1: You get hurt.
Speaker 5: You look up, you're at the end of your career and where you're gonna be like, well, god, damn where all that money go? That shit go fast, man, especially especially those that like to start having multiple cars.
Speaker 1: You got houses. Every guy, damn well, you know.
Speaker 5: You're multiple everything, multiple everything. Yeah, hey, hey, that should go fast. People don't understand how fast it go because because.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's just like it's just like if when you when you're an athlete and you're working out for your sport, you can pretty much eat whatever. But what happens when you don't play that sport and you don't work out and you still eat whatever you gain. Well, it's like this pile of money when you're working out the power when you playing and you got the money coming in, the power stays this guy.
Speaker 3: But what happens when you stop and you're still spending like the money is coming in and.
Speaker 1: Then you know, you know what that you know, you know what?
Speaker 5: The crazy part is when the money's coming in, you get you get lost in being able and maintaining that image of looking like an athlete, of like you got money always. You are constantly, always trying to stay within that realm of looking depart. The problem is when that money started rolling in like that the way it was when you was playing, you still trying to keep up that same image. And that's the problem where everybody goes south because you don't want to look like, oh I fell off, Oh oh you ain't got it no more.
Speaker 1: Man, it's impossible.
Speaker 5: There's no job out here in this world at all where you can make I'm just gonna throw number out there where you can make six hundred and fifty thousand dollars a week. Ain't nothing, nothing, there's nothing you can do, and when the money start rolling like that, you got to set yourself up, or at least practice it while you're playing like that. Discipline for me is because I practiced it while I was playing it, and it became so easy to transition after football. For hell, my cheap ass was already living cheap when I was playing, so once I stopped playing, it was easy to keep on doing it still to this day. You know, I mean every blue moon there will be signs, you know, every so often, if you pay attention, there will be science. Yeah, I still got it, but I ain't got to do it because it was never a part of my image. When people make it a part of the identity and their image, hey man, boy, shit get rough when you start playing.
Speaker 3: What o jo. The big news of the week came out of the Falcons.
Speaker 2: They announced rookie Michael Pennix Junior will take over the starting quarterback in job from Kirk Cousins. The number eight pick in the NFL draft, Pinnis will make his debut as an NFL start a Sunday against the Giants in Atlanta. Raheem Moore said there was a football decision and We're fully focused on preparing the team for Sunday night game against the Giants. Pennis Junior Rezial he found out when he's getting Falcons that he was getting the Falcons starting gig while shopping at Costco for hot dog.
Speaker 3: Do you like the move o, Joe?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it, even with them still having an opportunity. I think they think they need to make a change. They need to make a change that offensive spark, get that team a spark. I think it was smart by the coach to make the decision. I'm excited to see what Pittic can do. Obviously, being somewhat of a dual threat quarterback as opposed to Kirk Cousins, who is somewhat stationary, he has to play better.
Speaker 1: He knows he has to play better the last what for last two or three games? You can't. You can't play that kind of football. You just can't.
Speaker 5: You can't turn the ball over like that and put your team in harm's way and expect yourself to compete, let alone even have a chance at winning the game.
Speaker 1: Playing the quarterback position. That god damn bad. Like that was bad. That was very good.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought that he would like, keep the job, oh cho for the simple fact that's still a game behind. But they're like, look the giants coming in. Either it's just as good as time as.
Speaker 1: It right, make that change.
Speaker 2: But think about it. Kirk Cousin's gonna make sixty two million dollars this year. He's got another thirty eight million coming in next year.
Speaker 5: Garantee you either way. And they well, yeah, they're gonna bring it back. They're gonna bring it back. But can you imagine sitting on the bench next year behind Penning Jr.
Speaker 3: Oh, Now, you can't have you can't have no, you can't have no guy making thirty eight million on the baby?
Speaker 1: What the hell they gonna be at? What you're gonna do? They can't, they can't. They can't cut him.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta try to trade him, and you might have to take some of that salary on, but you can't have it.
Speaker 5: Then, okay, they have to pay most of the saality like the Broncos are doing with Russell Wilson and huh mm hmm, yeah, I mean, I mean, where where else do you see him fit?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 5: Where else do you see where a quarterback is in their need and dire need of a quarterback, especially with quarterbacks coming.
Speaker 2: Out the Raiders, the Giants, the Raiders, the two. Now they're probably gonna be in the market to select one. But what's to stop them from from the Giants and the Raiders from doing what the BRONC what uh bring you down to graft the quarterback and didn't make it?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, there was that. I mean they would bring that means they would be bringing kurt in on a one year deal. If anything, if you trained for him, you got the remaining deal.
Speaker 2: I mean it was a four year deal, like one hundred and something million, like one hundred and eighty million dollars for it was forty five million a year. Now the question is ojoe, I mean, Cleveland needs a quarterback. I'm trying to think who else needs a quarterback? FC South'll see West, LC East.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, wait, wait a minute. What we're talking about? Cleveland needs a quarterback. When Deshaun Watson comes back and he from his injury, he will be the start of next year.
Speaker 1: You know how much dead cap money that you know that is guaranteed to eat it.
Speaker 2: If he ain't producing this dead cap money. Let's be real, we have real conversations. If if he's only going to give them for the production that he's given them since he's been there.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you. I'm listen, I'm with you. You're right.
Speaker 3: Where's the value in that? Look?
Speaker 2: I just I'm gonna say I'm surprised, but it just goes to show you that they're this close and they're game back. And if they beat Tampa, they they If they beat Tampa, let's just say they beat Tampa, they sweet Tampa. They got the same record, that means they wined the Bison. For them to beat this close and they make this move, it lets you know just how bad Cousins play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean ship hell, God, damn Ray Charles can see how bad Kirk Cousins is playing.
Speaker 1: You can't turn the ball over like that and expect to win and compete.
Speaker 3: And the Titans need a quarterback to ojo the Titans.
Speaker 1: Oh man, hey, I feel sorry for Will Levis.
Speaker 3: Why I feel sorry for the Titans fan?
Speaker 5: I'm serious that when you when you look at when you look at young Bullman and you look at his makeup, you look at his DNA, his stature, and when the eye tests in general, you know the armstring and what he's able to do, you know, being able to run the ball as well.
Speaker 1: He looks like a Josh Allen. He doesn't play like one he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked like Josh Allen. He played like Woody Allen. Man, Oh boy, good and terrible. Now he gonna that'd be Look, I mean four pick six is it is the abundance of turnovers, the frequency which he turns the ball over.
Speaker 3: Nah, bro, you can't. It's over him at Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Hell no, he who he played like.
Speaker 3: Steve whoever? Whatever?
Speaker 2: All you want to take? What's the what's the one that had the TV show him Home Improvement?
Speaker 1: Oh hell no.
Speaker 3: Keddy Barrel said, I got to with Jamas. I'm ready to good night night daddy.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, And you got me crying on now when that was a good one. That was a good one, damn. Oh hell nah.
Speaker 2: So I'm taking to you you you've been in favor of this move because you are you were, you were you were saying like, hey, mine as well, go to Pennick Junior. Hell you said that after the first yeah, the first two bad games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, Yes, most definitely.
Speaker 5: And I knew I knew they weren't going to make a move, or they weren't going to be make a move fast because of money always comes into play as a as a as a as a as a fan of the game and a casual fan and enjoying the game of football. I understand when it comes to business, the one making the money stays on the field. But when you're playing, is when you're playing as bad as Kirk Cousins was playing, you give the team owners, management, head coach no choice. You gave him no choice. Ate their hands behind the back. The back is against the wall. They had no choice but to make a change at this point.
Speaker 3: You're right, oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: Michael Parson says he's open to taking a little less than market value if that means the Cowboy can become a title contender. Michael made it clear on Thursday that he's not looking for a contract squabble and expect something to be done in time for training camp. I definitely think I need to be here for training camp because, honestly, when so much of the diffence is surrounded by your play and your presence and the others are getting lined up based off you, I need to be here So that's that way I can get these guys. Accordingly, we can rush together bill chemistry. It would just be nice to be surrounded by good players, you know what I mean, players that are going to help you win championships. To me, having forty million dollars and being chipped every player and slid you with three or four people, I don't think that sounds fun to me. So he doesn't need forty million. No, I don't need forty high about thirty eight. I need to be somewhere where I can have a lake house. I can go anyway where I could be a lake out Taho. Uh you know, you don't know. Mike also said that his podcast earlier this week that we're gonna figure out a way for me.
Speaker 3: To be a Cowboy for a life. Yeah, I like it, I like Michael said, said, all right, yeah, it sounds good.
Speaker 1: It sounds good. I like.
Speaker 3: I like you know what.
Speaker 5: I like the I like the CD planet though. I like to see that he planned and this is a good one because every time it's time for a Cowboys player, a superstar player, for the Cowboys to get to get paid. You know one thing they always miss, They always miss training camp. They always miss training camp because for some reason, Jerry decides to wait.
Speaker 1: Until it's not not to know. They don't miss training camp? Wait they know? Is it training in a mini camp?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Always? But what do you call CD miss training camp? But missed?
Speaker 1: And Ezekiel Elliott missed right though he was a little late some Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: Micael planning at that seed put it out there now, out letting Jerry put in the pressure in the onus on Jerry to get the deal done. It's no need to play around. The market is already set. You know what he's gonna get. Michaeh says he don't want forty You better get your money. Yeah, don't, don't get no, don't get no discounts. Get gets your money, don't give no discounts.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: But if you notice, O Joe, that's the difference between MLB and the NFL. If you notice they always take the most money, if that means even going to a losing team, because we got to keep driving the prices higher. And so that's why people say, well, man, I don't understand why Solo d di to stay with the Yankees for seven sixty and he went to the mess for seven sixty because they drive the value up and you see everybody else, that's what they do.
Speaker 3: That's why very few teams. Now I get what's his name, Judge?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now Judge had more money on the table from the forty nine, Yeah, forty nine ers the Giants, which is about forty which is about they had about thirty million. But he looked at it and says, what I can make an endorsements, Being in the Yeah, and being a Yankees captain would mean more to me than going than going to the Giants. But for the most part, they don't do that. A Rod wanted to take wanted to take money off his off his contract to go play with Boston, and the players are so said, oh no, hell you not. You're gonna get every dime because we're not about to set that press. Now what has happened Tom Brady is the cause of this because everybody else after Tom started taking less money.
Speaker 3: What did they do?
Speaker 2: If you want to win, you do it like yeah, and see even Tom. They came back to bite Tom. But because when Tom wanted his money from the Patriot, what did they do? Ojoe open the door.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, Yeah, it is different.
Speaker 5: People aren't in fortunate situations like Tom was obviously not to be married or dating a wife that makes ten ten times more than you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had more money, probably worth more money than Tom. She was making thirty million dollars a year when Tom was making.
Speaker 5: Tea hold on, No, she's making by thirty eight. Yeah, I paid supermodel for a very very very very yes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And so what happens is is that he does that, and then everybody else expects you and not only does he suppress his team's market, because if you go talk to the guys, they say, well, we can't pay you more than what we're paying time. Clearly, your position isn't better, isn't more valuable than Tom? Would Tom take this? This is what you take, or you got it, you go else. So now everybody around the league, you see what Brady did you see?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also see not what you're doing because y'all not running the organization like they run out organization. So no, I'm not doing that because my situation is at Tom because seem at quarterback you could play a lot longer than any other position.
Speaker 3: So why Tom might not have made the money in the beginning or doing it.
Speaker 2: But when you play twenty three years and you get a continuous stream of income, that's different than playing, say ten years and getting your money.
Speaker 3: Tenure. Tom got his money of a long period of time. You see Tom.
Speaker 2: Now, Now, what's the likelihood that you going to get the job that's gonna play you thirty seven million dollars a year once you're done playing. What's the likelihood that you have in these big endorsements with Herbs and Delta and things like that. When you're done, it's different. Guy's got to think about stuff like that, right, Jady Bear, how much money do you think you were? I just want a few treats.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me turn this ac off. Man, it's cold as hell in here.
Speaker 2: When hey, all I need you to do make enough money to get get old teddy breastm treats, man titles.
Speaker 3: Get treats. We good daddy. Oh.
Speaker 2: The latest evidence of dysfunction with the the Jet the New York Jets organization comes from the Athletic on A. Woody Johnson reportedly nicked to trade with the Broncos for Jerry Judy because Johnson believed Judy's madding rating was too low further report that wasn't the only time Johnson cited Madden rating ratings in connection with football decision. He reportedly pushed back on sighting guard John Sampson because of his awareness rating on the Madden was too low. Madden factor apparently comes from wood his teenage son Brick.
Speaker 3: And Jack, an unknown.
Speaker 2: Unnamed Jets executive Joe Douglas allegedly with a discussing thing. You hear Woody cite something Brick or Jack read online that's being weighed equally against whatever opinion someone else has in the department.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they listen. I'm not trying. I'm not trying to flex. I'm not trying to flex, but I need you to understand. I need the people in the chat, like, this is not a bad thing for Jerry Judy.
Speaker 1: This was a good thing. This is a good thing.
Speaker 5: I saved my brother, Jerry Judy's career. Jerry Judy is one of the best best best receivers in today's game. He's fifth right now in receiving yards. Can you imagine if you went to that abysmal organization right now, the Jets. So I think people need, especially Jerry, I think you need to see the good side on on why I kept your rating as low as I did, because the owners respect the decision making that I am making.
Speaker 1: He did, who.
Speaker 3: No, Woody Johnson does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know to say, but listen, I'm in those rooms.
Speaker 5: They talked to me, They asked me some of these questions, you know, and they base it their understanding that the rating is based on what you're doing in real life.
Speaker 1: Huh, stay with me, now, it is based on what you're doing in real life.
Speaker 5: So they take that into account in the fact that I am the Maddings rating adjuster and one whose credit credibility is of a high standard and follows that. And I'm listen, I'm I'm happy to be in the position to do so and and and and help careers. And that's what I've done for Jerry Judy. Congratulations on a hell of a season so far. Let's finish his last three games off strong, and next year's rating will start out at a ninety five.
Speaker 3: Hell no, how you gonna go from eighty to a ninety five?
Speaker 1: He be from the crib. From the crib, and I can go I can go in internally and change it on my own. That's me.
Speaker 3: But he has had a number leaving season he should make the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Uh so being mad at my rating ratings adjust the actually holds a statue weight gets amongst ooners. That's what what you're saying, Judy said, I blame Oh Joe is good thing. Look how you shining now? So you're going to improve my ratings ninety five next season? Just finished the next three games off the wrong.
Speaker 3: That's it. Oh yo, check this out.
Speaker 2: Another stunning nugget from the Athletic article revealed that Woody Johnson's and his wife and his sons have criticized players inside the locker room heard the report. Quarterback Mike White entered the locker room after late season lost to Seattle. He threw his helmet on the floor before heading to the shower. Jets players reportedly heard what he say. You should throw your helmet, You effen suck. The Jets threw spokesman confer what happened at the hold on and that Johnson apologized the White so he did say it.
Speaker 5: Hey, but listen, this is you know what, stuff like this this starts off when we are kids. We're when we're kids, our parents teach us not to lie. Our parents teach us to tell the truth. Then they turn around and tell the Santa Claus and the goddamn tooth Fairy is real.
Speaker 1: You see how we.
Speaker 5: Contradict ourselves when it comes to growing up. I think we need to live in the world where we all are just honest with each other. When you go to work, your boss should be able to tell you that you absolutely suck at your job. Your boss should be able to tell you.
Speaker 2: Woody John, I should be able to tell him he exactly, exactly exactly, I won't have.
Speaker 1: You know what you're right about that.
Speaker 2: And now that that's the I think I'm gonna keep my job. I'm gonna keep my peeous to myself, right.
Speaker 5: But I just I just think, especially in the world when it comes to our respective craft and what we do, even if it's our childhood dream, when we happen to make it, sometimes we need to be told that we're really not good at what it is that we're doing and that we need to be better. Now we're in this era now where everybody gets participation in trophies. Some times you know what, you know why you didn't win because you just absolutely suck and you should try to do something else that you're good at or maybe fine, whatever your niche may be, because this ain't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta be. I mean, like, like I said, you gotta be careful because I don't know. There are a lot I mean, Mike White handled a lot of ways because normally, I mean, you catch the right person on the wrong day and they gonna say, oh, you suck. Why you think your organization hadn't won any game because you've been ahead of it. Think about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't. I can't because he the thing, Oh Joe, he could have lied.
Speaker 2: The man actually apologized, he actually said it, and people y'all quick to say, y'all, oh, they make it that up. I keep telling y'all, y'all are not playing attention. When stuff like this gets reported, someone is leaking it. That was very close to the situation. Because for this, I mean, the only difference between truth and fiction is that fiction has to make sense. If somebody would have told you in a vacuum, man, what did Johnson take it? It he taking instructions? I mean, he basing a lot of stuff off what his teenage son say. No way in hell you believe a man that has a five billion dollar organization of business, and he's taking advice from teenagers.
Speaker 3: You would not have believed it if somebody would have told you.
Speaker 2: The CEO of a corporation saying, somebody said, and he and the person that he's talking about actually heard it, said you if it suck at your job, you wouldn't have believed it, believed it. The man had to apologize, well actually because he said it.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, when I think about it, if you think about it, I think people in the check can probably agree with me. When you think of someone that has that kind of money, who thinks would who thinks somewhat at times on at an egotistical level, I can actually picture them saying it because put some of the things they say behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: I don't got to imagine because I know, because hell I've heard some of this, ain't they said in print?
Speaker 3: Open? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I can just how they feel, absolutely, And so don't fool yourself. You understand it and you keep it moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry, It doesn't surprise me, just the fact that it would be cool for a change to have owners coaches.
Speaker 1: Tell the truth for a change, just tell them, like, kid, this ain't for you. It's not and that's okay. You should try something else, maybe a trade, a hobby, because football ain't the answer.
Speaker 2: Wow. The Athletic report didn't stop there. It was relaydn interaction featuring Aaron Rodgers and Johnson's son Brick following the victory over the Texans on Halloween. Uh and the first win for Jeff Obrick After you five, Robert Salad and Rogers had a game ball in hand, ready to give it to the EDEM coach, the Athletic article said, But before Rogers could speak, Brick Johnson took another ball in a warning that to Garant Wilson in a profane lace exclamation with the owner's son later posted on Instagram. Woody then gave Ulbrick the game ball Rogers had been holding. Multiple players said the energy felt drained out of the room. One player called it the most awkward, cringe worthy, brutal experience.
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, I'm trying to stay with you, but you lost me for a little bit. Aaron Rodgers was holding the ball and they get.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers had the game ball. He wanted to give the game ball to Obrick because it was his first ball. Before he could do it, the teenage son took a ball and gave it to Garant Wilson and the profane lace tyraing.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, oh that boy was in that cursing.
Speaker 3: Now you see what I'm talking about. Now you see how awkward this is.
Speaker 2: Now imagine you the Cowboys coach and every time you try to talk, Jerry yapp in his mouth before you get to speak.
Speaker 5: Now you see what I'm talking about. Y Yeah, this is this this dysfunctional. It starts at the top. Look at the Hunts, look at the Rooneyes, look at the teams that are consistently winning, and look at the team that have been consistently bad for years. I mean, the last, the last competent quarterback you've had, what maybe Joe nam It. No disrespect to Sam Donald, no disrespect to the quarterbacks that have been there before, Zach Wilson's. You know, it wasn't you all problem, It wasn't your issue. Now you have one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and Aaron Rodgers as far as accolades and his resume is concerned. But it's still dysfunctional. You know why, because it starts at the motherfucking top. It don't matter what you bring in. Huh, it don't matter about you. It don't matter if you change the goddamn paint job and put some goddamn new rems on the car, if the motherfucker engine is bad.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Look, you could say what, you can say a lot of things. But you know who's pulling all the strings at the Cowboy, Yeah it's Jerry. Now, Jerry might be getting his information from very quality of people to try to make people think that you know, hey, I know what I'm doing. But Jerry's getting his information from what's the guy's name? Okay, he got a Yeah, what's his name? I forget his name, but anyway, that's what Jerry's getting an information. Basically, two teenage kids are running the Jets and what it is disregarding basically what his player personnel department, with his scout in department, with his general manager. He's foregoing that to take advice.
Speaker 3: From his kids.
Speaker 1: Listen, he might be prepping or getting them ready for to take over.
Speaker 3: You know it's it's it's just Will McClay. That's his name, Will McClair.
Speaker 2: That the guy that Jerry gets the information from and try to make people think that he knows what he's talking about. But man, this is and a player said, it's the most awkward, cringe worthy, brutal experience. I couldn't I couldn't even imagined because when I was, when I was with the Broncos, mister mister Bolon had had kids, and you know, I can imagine, you know, man, I could just imagine Mike getting ready to speak and one of them kids say something. I mean, to be honest, mister Bolan didn't speak. Mister Bolan spoke after Mike's spoke. I remember we won the Super Bowl and Art was in the room and Brian, Brian turned the floor over to him. He says, I know there's a guy in here that's very happened. I'm paraphrase it because it's been twenty plus years ago too, and he turned it over.
Speaker 3: The Art.
Speaker 2: And I just remember Art crying and he says, I'll never forget any of you guys in here. He said, you did me proud today. I'm proud today. But I can just imagine Mike getting ready to speak and someone interrupted.
Speaker 3: And says, I got this or I'm what what ah hell now?
Speaker 2: But in an organization that if you're gonna be successful, you gotta have one boss, one sound yeah, in order for it to work.
Speaker 3: In order for it to function properly, the body function.
Speaker 2: The hearts has a specific task, The lungs have a specific task, the spleen, the cloaling, the intestines, everything, kidneys, bladder, everything has a specific task. It's only when one tries to overcompensate the other that the body gets out of line and things.
Speaker 3: Starts to happen. Boy, just who he got it?
Speaker 2: Garrett Wilson was asked today if he wants to be a wants to be with the team long term.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yes.
Speaker 2: For ASP reports the Swords wouldn't be surprised if Wilson asked for a trade in the off season.
Speaker 3: Garrett has not.
Speaker 2: Hiden this frustration with the season, including Sunday went over the Jags when he ran into receivers coach Sean Jefferson following a star red zone drive in the third course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw that I forgot. I forgot what it was I forgot. I forgot that I forgot the play. But I saw the exchange on the sideline. He was he was frustrated. He was frustrated, and listen, I out for receivers like that, you know, especially when you have one player going off and he's he's he's putting up the yards and putting up the numbers, and you don't feel you're getting the opportunities you deserve. When the opportunity does present itself, the ball doesn't it coming, you know, you open, it gets frustrating. Listen, we just saw the same the same thing with aj Brown a week before last. It's just receivers that are really good want to feel like they're apart and can contribute to those said wins.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're not a part of it, you know, it kind of hurts.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Rogers and Adams have played together for a number of years. Gary Wilson is probably thinking, Bro, we could have built some chemistry if you had your ass here.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: When we were supposed to be building chemistry, you were at the Pyramids or you were in Egypt and you wrote this off as being unimportant, that's a good one. That's how you build chemistry by working at it, especially when we don't have chemistry, when we haven't worked together. I mean, think about it, Gary, Wilson was opposive Rookie of the Year and he hasn't looked like that since its rookie season.
Speaker 3: And look get the guys that were throwing to it. Now. I don't know about what you if you don't know this thought, Joe, But in order.
Speaker 2: For the jeff to have a have the same record as they had last year with Zach Wilson and a bunch of guys, they're gonna have to win out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I told y'all, told I told y'all. Everybody made fun of me, you know, talking about Zach Wilson was a problem. I told you it wasn't that. It wasn't nothing wrong with Zach. Zach was more than capable, you know. But you listen, you get somebody some shoes with no shoelaces. I mean, at some point they're gonna slip off your feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jake, I love here you saying Garrett over. Garrett is over. Garret Wilson is overrated, So offensive rook of the Year is overrated. Looking at you, I'm just trying to figure out if he overrated. How the man went off his a rookie year. We look at the quarterbacks that he had thrown to it when he won the award. Clearly, Aaron Rodgers' resume is more extensive than all those guys. I'm confused, but it gets frustrated. It gets frustrated, and it seems like if you look at that last if you look at that last drive, he wasn't looking for nobody but debonite. And I understand it because I gotta connect you with it. Davonte knows in this situation what I'm gonna get back shower fade. I'm gonna leave you on this one. I'm gonna do this on that one.
Speaker 5: And then the funny thing about it, you really can't say nothing about it because not only did he go to him, they were completing everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was completing everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, what did Vontae have nine.
Speaker 1: With two tds and had zero yards, zero catches in the first half? Zero crazy work? Boys went to work, right.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: Reporter asked Kendrick Born for his wife's number. So my wife is actually my stylist, Reporter, can I get a number?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 3: What you mean? Brother?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 3: What is he asking? What are you? What are you asking?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: A card? I need you know?
Speaker 2: I need help dressing? Oh I think her name is Vanessa Bourne, Vanessa Born.
Speaker 3: Look it up.
Speaker 2: He's like, Bro, I don't know what you was asking. Bro, you about to get lumped up in here. I mean, I knew what he was saying, but Kendrick was talking and all he heard, hey can I get a number?
Speaker 1: What what are you asking?
Speaker 2: I said, no, no, no, no, no no no no no. I need uh, I need I need uh. I need some some styling. I need some help dressing. Hold on, George, Let's see. Tyreek Hill's social media post wins the beginning huge debate on what he meant It's time for me to go coach?
Speaker 3: Tyreek wote without punctuation.
Speaker 2: Dolphins fans panic, wondering if he was telling Mike McDaniel if it's time to leave Miami. Well, Tyreek said today what I meant was up when it says it's time for me to go coach manie that he want to see you guys, Teddy Bridgewater meaning what when we see guys like Teddy Bridgewater, you see guys like Michael Big getting head coaching job, It's like, Bro, I want to be a coach.
Speaker 3: Also when I'm done playing. Uh, you know what I'm saying, so that's all.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's time for me to go coach. Oh yeah, Okay, I get it. I get it, I get I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it. That Greek everybody, it ain't cut out to be coaching.
Speaker 1: Bro, Hey, listen.
Speaker 5: I love I love Vic, I love Prime, Eddie, George, I love them boys. But to play a game all my life, all my life and understand what it took to get to get to where I did and then retire and then go right back into that, you have to have a love impact oh yeah for the game. Yeah, and coaching and patience and understand and understanding that no matter the amount of hours you put in, sometimes it's just not enough and you don't get the results based on the work you put in.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean, I mean I can see how people were thinking, like if the man, it's time for me to go coach, and so.
Speaker 3: He was saying it's time for me to go coach in the literal sense, I need to go coach. I need to be a coach. I see Big, I see Prime, I see others doing it. I want to do that.
Speaker 2: Also, people, you know, look, Tyreek has not had the season that he had hoped for. Uh uh to a being out had a great had impact on that. He's probably not gonna make. He's not gonna make the PROBO. I don't think we how close hes two one thousand yards. I mean it's gonna be a long time. I mean he's gonna have to have go off. I mean, does he have six seven hundred? Did he have seven hund yards receiver? I think he only had like a one maybe one or maybe one or two hundred receiving yard games, did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? A no, five five touchdowns.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna need he needs he needs one ninety five over the last three game.
Speaker 3: It's probably he didn't get that.
Speaker 1: He don't get that. But to and miss what four five games? Huh yeah, yeah he'll get that.
Speaker 2: But but the thing is, oh, Joe, uh, I mean when you look at Pro Bowl, I mean, the only two I can think of in AFC off the top of my head is chasing you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: When when you when there's a third though, right is a third?
Speaker 2: Well you take four? Okay, but I'm trying to think. I mean, I mean when we look at the Alcu. We take what's Nico College? How many yards the Nico Collins ass? I think he missed some games?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, amstring, I think he missed about three or four.
Speaker 3: If you go ALC.
Speaker 2: If you he got eight forty nine, I say so Nico Collins because when he touched down to the L six Okay, all of them, all of.
Speaker 1: Them gonna get They're gonna read it reach a thousand.
Speaker 3: They but the propos vote, I mean the propos about to be announced.
Speaker 5: But next week and reek still well, you know at some point you based on name alone, he might still get that nod.
Speaker 3: Yeah right. What about Jay Flywers? How's he doing? What's his numbers?
Speaker 1: Don't they don't throw the ball at or nothing? Baltimore though.
Speaker 3: Nine Jay Flowers has nine sixteen?
Speaker 1: Real, Yeah, he got a quiet nine sixteen to uh god, damn.
Speaker 3: He has he has some he has some big. He has some big. He has some big, big games.
Speaker 1: You can imagine what if they dropped back and through that thing all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's gonna be interesting. Wants to coach. He's not looking to have a new coach.
Speaker 1: The volume