Speaker 1: Hey there everybody. It is Friday, December fifth, and we have our gift number five from our holiday gift guide. We are giving you gift ideas, fifteen of them actually Monday through Friday for the first three weeks of December. As we all head into our holiday seasons and we are buying up gifts left and right. Our producers sent to us some items, some popular gifts out there right now.
Speaker 2: And we have any male producers.
Speaker 1: Actually, wow, I don't think any of them participated in the gift. Yes, the answer is yes, we do have, Okay, but I don't know how much they are on the editorial side. They're more on the logistics execution side of things, which sounds so stereotypical, but that does tend to be at least it's what we're dealing with right now.
Speaker 2: So the heated eyelash curler, I can assume that was put together other baya a little council.
Speaker 1: Of women the makeup brushes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, council of women as well?
Speaker 1: Yes, perhaps, fine, So.
Speaker 2: What we got today is this for this? Is this a women's gift as well?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Yes, do you like carrying around a water bottle?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you like. I'm laughing because I know the answer to this. Do you like to work out with your favorite online trainer via YouTube or peloton?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: Do you like creating athletic content where you can actually basically take a video of yourself working out or doing something fun and inspire others on YouTube, TikTok or instagram?
Speaker 2: Sounds torturous?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this maybe isn't free here?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is this it in front of me? What color is that? Peach?
Speaker 1: I think it is a dust rose. That's what I'm a dusty rose.
Speaker 2: We're doing a color episode. I am so women. Why do y'all? Stuff is just there's eight colors? Why are we? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh, that is such a nuanced color that I'm looking at right tan. Okay, I'm gonna go with dusty rose.
Speaker 2: Well colors, you're hoodie.
Speaker 1: Oh it's like a tan, a light version of the water. Okay, it's a light.
Speaker 2: Dusty Wait, sorry about the detour. Please tell me about this.
Speaker 1: Okay. So gift number five on our Holiday Gift Guide. By the way, I just feel like we need to constantly say we aren't paid by these products. We are putting them out there. We are testing them. We are letting you know what we think about them.
Speaker 2: Stop reminding me that we're not getting paid.
Speaker 1: This is the Bala water bottle. Okay, And here is the company's description of this gift that we've been given to look at. It's a sleek, twenty four ounce double walled, stainless steel water bottle designed in collaboration with ring Oh. It's a brand known for its magnetic magnetic phone mounting bots. The lid features here's the thing, a built in magnetic phone mount so the bottle doubles as a tripod.
Speaker 2: Stop it yes, stop.
Speaker 1: For hands free filming, Stop, face timing, workouts, walks and content capture.
Speaker 2: Stop. This is what this is.
Speaker 1: How often do my girls specifically FaceTime me when they're walking all the time? How often do my daughters walk with a water bottle in their hands? Almost every time? This is kind of genius.
Speaker 2: Wait, it can do, but it can you can be Okay, I'll have to ask. And I'm just trying it out while we're here. But I saw you had your It's it's that good of a hole.
Speaker 1: It is that yehold, So I actually tried yep, I tried it out throughout the day. Well, if you shake it, it might fall, But as long as you're just walking, Okay, I don't think you're violently shaking it when you walk, as long as you're just walking or what I have noticed. So I have done this so many times. You go to the gym, whether it's a gym in your apartment building or it's your whatever, your extra bedroom. But I have a Peloton subscription, and so I when I work out, I click on I've got whatever whoever amazing Peloton instructor I have on. I need to kind of prop it up so it's slipping, and it's sliding as I prop it up against a wall or try to put it somewhere where I can see what the instructor is telling me to do while I'm lifting weights and doing all the things I need to do. And I always have a water bottle because you're working out, So this is so ingenious. Wow, set your water bottle down on the floor, and you can put the phone on the top of the water bottle. There is a ring that folds up and you place it on there so you can actually adjust the angle that your phone's at and you can see perfectly whatever your Peloton instructor or whatever however you get your exercise routines from. You can see it in a perfect like it's actually awesome. The height it's at and where it's.
Speaker 2: At for people the best way to describe. I mean, we've seen a lot of nice water bottles people look nice with these days, and this was certainly well designed, looks good, but it's almost at a lot of people have like it's a little handle, a little hoop at the top of a lot of their water bottle.
Speaker 1: You can use it as a hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is. But it's that little hole the top that you can then fold down and it looks like a very sleek water bottle. You lift it up and that thing is a magnet. Okay, Robes, you got me on it out clear. This might be the one I have heard you most into.
Speaker 1: Because I see especially like I don't do it as much, but I see my daughters, I see their habits, I see what they do and they're not alone. Every single girl. They've all got what are those big, huge, clunky water bottles where Annalise takes all the ice the Stanley's Thank you Annalise. When she came back, we were like, please, we don't have an ice maker. We actually have to go buy our eyes now, so we're like, don't take all the ice to fill up your huge stanley, which is ginormous, weighs down any backpack. It's actually heavier than weights in a lot of ways as she walks to and from her hot yoga classes. So those are like heavy, clunky water bottles. I have to say, here were my takeaways, just having witnessed all that I've seen with the girls and even my own habits. The weight of this is excellent. The size is perfect. It carries enough water for what you would need for a workout session, whether you're going to hot yoga or whatever class you're taking. That will sustain you for a forty five minute class period. But now if you're going there and putting on your your own personalized YouTube whatever peloton, you now have a tripod that hydrates you. That's kind of awesome. But I was thinking beyond this. If you're a hiker, if you're a runner, if you're a tourist, and you want to be able to take pictures. You want to take selfies, you want to get that group shot, you want to create content, you want to create a video, you can bring a water bottle with you that you would need anyway for hydration, and now you have a built in selfie stick or tripod. That is kind of amazing. I know you've often thought how often you wished we had a selfie stick with us.
Speaker 2: Look the more hearing you again, we're not being paid, but this is you are selling this one, even to me in a way that I looked, what is this? You were even saying, like what am I going to say about this? Or then you started trying it out and you have come around and now you have convinced me this is a nice water bottle. First of all, how many colors does this? Think of it?
Speaker 1: Quite a few, I have to tell you exactly how many. But I love the color they gave us, which is never do that again, a light busty. This is a potential under the tree situation. Yes, yes, And I'm actually thinking, because we already have one, we might need to get some more, because I do think all three of our daughters would love this water bottle for different reasons, and maybe for all of the above, I'm not sure, but I did appreciate the fact that it's a good weight, it's not too bulky, it's not too heavy. The only negative that because I was trying to find one. Some folks who are really into not or just are very hygienic. They don't like germs. They like the straw because it folds down and it folds up and so it's away from hands. Now when you're taking it off, look what you're touching? Now, where do you have to drink from the water bottle? Exactly where your hands just touched?
Speaker 2: Wait? What, I don't get that?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess like I found myself. Yeah, actually like touching exactly where my lips were gonna go. And I think as long as you're aware of that, you know not to touch a certain part of it.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people turned off by drinking out of it.
Speaker 1: I think those stanleys got a lot of people into the straw. Now, cleaning the straw, how often do you do that? That is disgusting in and of itself, because so I'm not a fan of the straw. For me, this water bottle is actually perfect because I think the straw, if you are not diligent about cleaning it and about rinsing it each time you use it, I think that can end up being a false sense of hygiene. So this actually eliminates having to clean a straw, but there might be people who would prefer a straw. There is no way to have a straw in this one, so you're just gonna have to drink from the bottle old school. I'm fine with that, but I just wanted to point that out for folks who like the straw and the stanleys, this one doesn't have one, and I can't imagine how they would have pulled that off. But otherwise, I think this thing is pretty awesome. And so when we come back, we will tell you where you can buy it, how much is going to cost you, and we will tease next weeks. It'll be Monday's first gift of the week. And welcome back everyone. We are talking about our gift number five and our holiday gift guide. It is the Bala water bottle. And for those of you who might think that that is a familiar name, I didn't realize this, but Bala this is their latest I guess gadget. It's a water bottle that also functions as a tripod, so you can have your phone attached magnetically to your water bottle. It flips up and you can either watch content to work out with or create content while you're doing whatever athletic endeavor you're doing, or just hiking, walking whatever. It literally is a selfie stick slash water bottle. But this contraption was founded by a husband and wife team that was actually featured on Shark Tank. Yeah, so they're big breakthrough thingy was. They're called Bala Bengals. Have you heard of them? I recognize them when I looked at them, but I didn't realize this was all in the same family. But these are wrist weights that actually look like bracelets, but they're helping you with workouts. So it's they're into fashion and function and so this is just the next generation of their fashionable, functionable items that can help you work out and feel great and maybe even look great and create content. So it's pretty cool and it's exploded in popularity. They were on Shark Tank.
Speaker 2: Yes, so wait that thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Bala Bangles were on Shark Tank. They secured a nine hundred thousand dollars investment from Mark Cuban and Maria Sharapova, and that's kind of what put this team on the map, this company on the map, and this is their latest iteration, this Bala water bottle that is essentially a selfie stick slash water bottle. It's pretty ingenious. I'm a huge fan of it, and I do think that we will be putting these under the tree for else Yes, so where can you buy this? It's featured on Goop and we've had This is the second one I think we've had featured on. This is Gwyneth Paltrow's Yeah, this is and look, I remember way back when when she first founded this thing. She curated all of these items that were very like on the high end of things, luxury brands that were wonderful, but a lot of in a lot of ways were cost prohibitive for a lot of folks. So people made fun of her website initially goop dot com, but she had Look, she's pivoted, she's figured this out. And the retail price for this water bottle, I mean it's pricey, oh, but it's not out of a lot.
Speaker 2: Let me give a guessa, give a guess this bottle with that re eighty bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's fifty nine dollars, so less than you thought. What is a normal water bottle? I don't even know twenty nine ninety nine, maybe.
Speaker 2: We could have a water bottle of yard sale.
Speaker 3: We have some we know we actually so when we merged our apartments together and we didn't have a lot of overlap actually, but where we did.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of overlap water bottles and to go cups. I think maybe in the city we're constantly on the go. We're grabbing either going to the gym, going for a walk, going for a drive, going in an uber whatever. We have so many water.
Speaker 2: Bottles, like the go to gift people always wanted to write. When the business we were in, they always sent water bottles of some kind.
Speaker 1: And we do use them quite a bit. We do, But the stanleys are annoying because they take up so much space, and I feel like the girls get over their color quickly and might move on to a different size or a different color. We have like several of Sabine's discards, like somewhere up on a high cabinet. Analse has several up there as well, So yes, we get it. But I do like the size of this one. It is so manageable. It's it's not some obscenely large water bottle. It actually works and fits in most cabinets, and I do think this is something you would use on a regular basis. I would definitely use this hiking, I would definitely running. It might be a little but it's not that heavy and I appreciate it. So anyway, fifty nine bucks.
Speaker 2: I would never use this item. I mean, I'm that's fair and just as a water bottle, it's fine, which you got a million just like it. That one feature about this is for social media? Is what this bottle is for?
Speaker 1: Agreed? Or if you're like I said, a peloton break, I'm telling you I have been at the gym, wanted to get Adrian Williams getting me going, and I have to like put it down and it slides and falls as I'm propping it against the mirror on the wall. So having it on the water bottle actually would be really awesome. You can also get it at shop Bala or Bala however you pronounce it shop ba La dot com. So either Goop dot com or shop Bala dot com. Fifty nine bucks and again I give this fully my stamp of approval. And TJ, I think you're kind of like no.
Speaker 2: I even though I wouldn't use it, I absolutely understand it. I think it's a cool product. Is just I would have a zero use for it.
Speaker 1: All right, So we are going to continue our holiday gift guide on Monday. You'll have to wait for it, look for it. But on Monday we'll give you a little tease. We're gonna help you with this, this next item, this next gift suggestion. Get ready for that kiss under the missiletoe.
Speaker 2: It's good teas.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: That's good tea?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I like that one. Okay, So stay tuned for Monday. We will have more. But in the meantime, thank you so much for listening to us. Everyone. I'm made Robot alongside TJ. Holmes, and we will talk to you soon.