Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and new He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are Monday victory.
Speaker 4: Monday play is louds in the SWBC podcast studios here at the Star, Heck Mayrison.
Speaker 2: And Danny McCrae. New He scrugs. And that is Barry Church. Yes, sir, yes, yes, yes. Thirty to twenty is the final who whoa whoa?
Speaker 5: I mean thirty to ten, thirty to ten the prediction. Oh you're the prediction.
Speaker 2: Okay, what kind of clothes man?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, Barry Church, you had at twenty eight seven, dang, well, well what did I have it? Dame mccraige, you had it at thirty one?
Speaker 6: Hello, Domins, it was twenty four to ten, twenty fourteen, look at me.
Speaker 2: Like that was closer than my mind.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying the ten point.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's all right now, I was coming you do a right, all right?
Speaker 4: That was coming back to me because I had it twenty six twenty at first, then I changed it to twenty six seventeen. And you talked about the defense. So you guys were on point, You and Hagma on point with Hey, all they're going to get is a touchdown and then the touchdown they got, you know, okay with a busted you know the.
Speaker 6: Dudes fail Dad was you know, I wouldn't bust he got beat. Henna be a lot of hes gonna beat a lot of people like that.
Speaker 2: No, he ain't. We too quick safety come across.
Speaker 6: He posted the bad bad about Gilmoury with double team, so well he should have been able to get that for ten fifteen your yeah, whatever, Hey, I'm trying to let Malik hook off the hook right here, tey. He didn't do it. He didn't do it, but Gilly could have done that. He could have been like yo, he was beat too. But that's but like we said, there's one guy out there who was gonna be lining up against our defensive backs. They was gonna give you a test, all right, and he did so. Shout out to them.
Speaker 2: Thirty ten.
Speaker 4: Cowboys win the season opener at Jerry World. They are now two and Oer on the season.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, here's a stat that stood out to me. Guys, first time in Cowboy history, no turnovers in the first two games to start a season.
Speaker 8: That's I mean when you all we all talked about this, you know, years after years, when we were when me and Danny were playing, y'all all know this as well.
Speaker 2: The turnover status. That's literally the best stat in football.
Speaker 8: You win a turnover battle nine times, it's like ninety percent or something like that, you're gonna win the game. So when you have a defense, and I'm giving kudos to Mike McCarthy on this one because he understands what he's working with on the other side of the ball, when you got a historically great and I'm gonna say as of right now, they're on a historically great path. I'm talking about defensive wise, when you got a historically great defense on that side, you got to play into it. Those guys are harassing quarterbacks each and every snap out there, and we all talked about waves and waves of guys they can throw at you, but they're harassing the quarterback and they're forcing takeaways.
Speaker 2: What's that seven in two games right now?
Speaker 8: So offensively, all you gotta do is say, hey, let me just hold on to this, let me get my guys a break a little bit, and they're gonna go out there and do the same thing, and we'll talk about it a little bit later. But offensively, when you hold the ball, it's that kind of popped out to me talk about that. You hold the ball for forty two minutes, and what, I don't care how great you're defensive, I don't care how good the New York Jets were.
Speaker 2: You can't last that long defensively. Eventually you're gonna break in forty two minutes. We all play ball here, we all understand ball. That's a long time to be on the field. No, you know and knew it.
Speaker 6: You're coming from the perspective of offensively not turning the ball over or defensively predicting and getting the turnovers? Which way are you are you coming with that?
Speaker 5: Looking at?
Speaker 4: I mean, for me, just how many times do we see where the turnovers have hurt the Cowboys?
Speaker 6: Absolutely so, speaking of ball security, that was the best thing for me. Ball security field position about to say, y'all just gonna gloss over, We're gonna go, We're gonna do ha grenades, horseshoes, we could talk almost it didn't happen. Yeah, but it didn't happen. And that's the and that's the one thing that Danny you've been harping on. You've been harping on because y'all know how big that is. And when your quarterback can compliment your defense, get your running game going the way they did forty two minutes. Now, we're just playing a mean game of keep away. That's how we're doing. And if I can have a fourteen point league going into the four, if I talked to you about this Sunja came in. If I give you a fourteen point league going into the fourth with the number one.
Speaker 2: Defense like y'all had at JV, y'all don't win that game, it's a rap. It's a rap.
Speaker 6: And so for me, Mike McCarthy, people talk about it, I'm sure we're gonna get into the game playing red zone all of that stuff. Man, protect the ball, make sure you get us out of here with a w and don't do anything stupid.
Speaker 2: Man. I loved it.
Speaker 6: I loved it. I loved it. Like you said, we get into the play calling that big mic with the extra sugar and the kool aid.
Speaker 2: Make it happen.
Speaker 6: Like I said, that did almost give away one, which which would have been like, we don't understand it as an out route. We've seen it against Washington. I think last year we do it back to back and got it pick six. But it happens. Okay, he was trying it, and I think he the defensive lineman may have come off and forced him to throw it around him a little bit.
Speaker 2: So that was off.
Speaker 6: But no fumbles, no no picks, no special teams, blunders, no any of that. That is when you play that type of football, right and it's I feel like the whole team is playing to their defense to like all we protected we in the drive with a kick. We ain't losing because we know what we got on defense. If you continue to do that throughout the year, then you'll be okay. Now, it's only two games, all right, So you know I won't just put right right quick because I'm so high on Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy right now that I could I could start saying the SB.
Speaker 2: That's why I said.
Speaker 6: That's why I said I'm gonna I'm gonna pump my brakes because I do I do realize that we played against the most improved quarterback in NFC East and then Zach Wilson. So I a'm watching the games that I'm saying, we did what we were supposed to do out there, all right. We still got two big tests with San Francisco looks like that, so we got we got some stuff that we gotta do. I'm not saying it, but you know, goodness, gracious, goodness, grace. When the last time you felt this good coming out of two.
Speaker 4: Weeks when Dak was three and old, I was about to say you felt this good and and he looked.
Speaker 2: Everybody was talking, we're getting tickets.
Speaker 6: That one coming off the back to back twelve and fourth seasons to where you were like, okay, we're gonna go twelve and four. This is like, we know we might not just go twelve and photos you we might be a little bit better than that.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that we'll see three and oh turned down the contract extension, and then I was I judge it to by what do they wanted?
Speaker 2: The TV stations?
Speaker 5: The TV said hey, can we get you in the early shows? So and they're like, yeah, yeah, we're feeling and then the news. People want you in the.
Speaker 4: A block, and I'm like, guys, tap down, tap down? So what I got the call the day, Hey can we get you five?
Speaker 2: Business is booming right right, shot back open.
Speaker 5: It's like, what what?
Speaker 2: What? Well?
Speaker 4: Tell everybody we were back up yesterday, lead lead off the show last night. You know we lead story last night. Then then of course you get the early folk. Hey, can nees get a parking pass so they can go out to the game.
Speaker 2: You want to do a store so everybody eats be right.
Speaker 4: So it's that Now it's like, hey, can we work on put a San Francisco game on Sunday night?
Speaker 5: Can we work on another type of Cowboy piece? What can we do?
Speaker 6: So it's, uh, yeah, that's gonna be. But my point is this defense looks unlike any defense that I've seen the Cowboys have since I've been around the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Even with last year. So I.
Speaker 6: Level that's what makes me feel a lot better than any other time, because I'm watching the defense player and saying, everybody's gonna have a hard time playing against us.
Speaker 4: So I talked to I talked to Jordan Lewison locker room, So I said, you've been on defense is good.
Speaker 5: He's like in college, not in the pros.
Speaker 2: It's not like this.
Speaker 4: And he just, you know, just methodically talked through how the different levels of what guys are at. And so you're just sitting here talking to a guy who's in there every day, and he's marveling at what they can do in the talent they have here.
Speaker 6: So the show starts when the defense comes onto the field, you're gonna see you're gonna see something special offensively.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mike McCarthy, it was good and boring, thank you.
Speaker 6: But that defense, But that defense when they were out there, man, just like you were talking about Dad Quinn as a defensive guy. You love the way he's switching up the coverage. You love the way he's presenting pressure. You love the fact that he's not even having the blitz. He's getting pressure just with his front. And I mean from a skill set standpoint, Michael Parsons, right now, Doc, if you're not watching what number eleven is, you just don't like football, all right, because on every down when he's out there, tell me where number eleven is?
Speaker 2: He playing?
Speaker 6: So good you forget about how good d Law playing right now when you talk about setting the tone that first, looking fast, strong, all that you seeing some of the best d Law that you've seen since since he was going through those injuries. And Michael Parsons is playing so good you're not even you're not even saying d Law but he is playing great. Diggiez already interior three SATs and you and you and you don't have time to talk about how good these guys are playing because Michael Parsons is playing that much better and they're playing great.
Speaker 4: Poor Brown and then Mano Brown and they ain't had signed I mean, giving you no help out.
Speaker 2: And I ain't gonna lie if I know.
Speaker 8: I'm frustrated because half of those times you saw it. Then he's pushing Parsons by. If you zachly, if you are Zach, you step up in the pocket. You gotta get rid of the ball.
Speaker 2: And I'm like what you thought? He's holding onto the ball like this is little league. These guys are fast Church. He didn't know where it was coming from.
Speaker 6: If he stepped up, Diggiez was gonna get him if he if he started to run that man literally Michael was after him on every plane.
Speaker 2: Did you watch hard Knocks?
Speaker 6: And Rodgers told him hitch once his twice get out still.
Speaker 2: You what you're doing? Man?
Speaker 6: Wasn't you needed a rob bro somebody because all the teaching was gone. He would said, you come out here and you do it.
Speaker 2: Show me. Showed me how it was done. And that I.
Speaker 4: Was leaving the stadium last night and that little bullpen area where they got the families and all that, and then Zach had a big, big little group of folks around him and he was talking to him and and.
Speaker 5: I had a little sympathy for him. Man, it was what could you do?
Speaker 2: He had no chance? Comes let he did?
Speaker 4: He had no he had no chance. The tackles were there. These guys are playing next level. It's the first Cowboy game. They brought a truckload Jets fans here. I don't know if you know that or not. They had that they brought.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no j E t.
Speaker 6: They was until it was like go out.
Speaker 2: The hotel. I got it going out like it? What are you doing? Brenese Hall.
Speaker 8: And we talked about this earlier, and course we talked about it. He looks washed, I mean he was it cooks and but you got all back there. The man touches the ball four times all games.
Speaker 2: It was over with time.
Speaker 5: He said, somebody to now.
Speaker 6: What do you think ken't running the ball? Bro The game was not a hand enough for them to be like we abandoned.
Speaker 2: We got to just passed them.
Speaker 9: Who I tried to tell y'all the Cowboys is gonna make a lot more quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Look like that.
Speaker 5: They got another one.
Speaker 2: You know, they got dead dogs, man, feel bad for you dog.
Speaker 4: Actually he played him last last year, last year on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: But this what is a different? This isn't this Where do your rank? This is wins?
Speaker 6: You know I've been I've been asking, like, where's the meter for me to get excited about my defense? You told me he was somewhere around the forty nine ers. If we you know, we don't like, where do you gauge this one?
Speaker 2: The mackets? It's one of those. Okay, is this one? This?
Speaker 6: Don't really give me nothing? Man, It's okay if you listen with that now, because the thing for me is I would have loved to see this with Aaron Rodgers out there, no matter what we said about the offensive line and all that stuff, seeing him be able to make adjustments get the ball to seventeen and figure out how to see how we responded to that would have been just amazing. Right, you can guarantee that Breese them would have got some carries, would have been involved.
Speaker 2: He would have been great to see that.
Speaker 6: But since it since it wasn't, since we didn't get to see it, I'm putting at the same place I put the Giants. Okay, they did what they were supposed to do. Anything other than that, I would have been like, I'm worried about the defense a little bit. They did exactly what they were supposed to give us.
Speaker 4: One play one on third downs, that's ridiculous, would have got we split.
Speaker 2: But check us out. The Giants went out there and put up thirty one.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: I tell you they season started this Sunday and improved. But when you look at when you look at those defense overall, forty one snaps.
Speaker 8: Man, they only played for you get more snaps we thought of in practice.
Speaker 2: You know, you get more.
Speaker 6: You know how that feel, because that's how that's how we snapped, y'all was getting back in twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the boil over the gatorade. Let me get a jacket, and.
Speaker 6: When they come out, all they do in the past rush.
Speaker 2: Let's get our first break in here.
Speaker 4: When we come back, let us talk about the workload for one Tony Pollard, the Cowboys Pro Bowl running back.
Speaker 5: We'll do that next with Heck Marrison, Danny m craig, Barry Church under we stroked. This is the players.
Speaker 4: I was brought to you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 11: Ready, I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the fresh doun who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Crushcot's gonna rub this in show, running up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you. What's that sound. That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with Usai and pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big Star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 6: Home or away.
Speaker 7: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smear enof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 10: To the Players.
Speaker 6: Lounge check out the latest and greatest edition to tours at at and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco. Meet Jerry Jones an interactive experience. Get a peek behind the curtain and into fascinating into the the fascinating life of Jerry Jones with a focus on innovative fan experience. In partnership with a T and T, this interactive technology gives tour gores the opportunity to ask mister mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit at and T dot com slash Tours.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Heck Maherrison.
Speaker 4: Players Lounge about to you by Tostitos and Players are Danny McCrae and Barry Church.
Speaker 5: Your Cowboys safeties.
Speaker 4: After two weeks It's Cowboys seventy New York ten, both New York.
Speaker 6: But when New York gotta win against a good Buffalo team, Yeah, they got to win against That's why I want to the defense, Well, they know we're talking about their offense, but discount they defense.
Speaker 2: We can't. We're not going to discount their defense. How the offenses anyone't play. They just lost.
Speaker 6: They forgot what they did the week before with Breeze Hall and the cook. I don't understand. Thankful, I'm thankful, I'm okay. Well, you know, maybe they came up against that defense that made them forget about everything. He lost at the tone on the first play set the tone. Yes, I'll be here all day waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Almost hurt that child. Not good, not good.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's go to Tony Pollard career high twenty five rushes. Okay, they fed him the rock and then he had seven seven h seven touches in the receiving game, So I was a career They used him. I asked Mike McCarthy about that afterwards. In Mike's exact quote to me and after in the pressure was Tony was going to touch the ball? That was the plan coming in. Definitely wanted to get rico'ddles. Some tried to spread it around. We had a package in there with Deuce. We got him some touches. This was going to be a heavy lifting day for Tony and he carried it. So Pollard man, thirty two touches too many in a in a blowout wind starting there with.
Speaker 8: You, Yes, it's just a tad bit for my liking, you know, thirty two, thirty two total touches total to see I like it for him to be around, you know, eighteen to twenty. They maybe you creep a little bit in the twenty three round, but I think thirty two touches, that's a little bit much.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit much for Tony Poller.
Speaker 8: We all understand you get the most bang from your buck when he's explosive and he's out there running like a man on fire. And it's a long season. We all understand that seventeen games is a long time. So for me, I just don't see him being built that way to be able to, you know, take those hits and take that punishment, you know, game in the game out Now, if this was just a you know, I ain't gonna say one off, but if it's not you know, thirty two touches a game.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit much for me. But overall, I mean.
Speaker 8: Do looks good? To do looks good, dude, looks explosive. So we'll see what happens going forward. But thirty two is a little bit.
Speaker 2: Much for me. When you when you let Zeke go, what'd you think was gonna happen?
Speaker 6: And this was this was bound to happen to Tony Pollard once the franchise tag, the tag was signed. You know that his carries has gone up every year that he's been here. Last year one hundred and ninety three carries. This year, he's definitely gonna exceed that, and.
Speaker 2: It this was to be expected.
Speaker 6: I like the way that they mixed in those other guys, the way that Rico Dado came in, the way the Deuce Vaughn carried, even even the way that they got Cavalte Turpin involved. So look, it's gonna be by committee for the rest of the year. I don't anticipate them going in a twenty five carry per game way with I think it's more in line with where we were what we saw against against New York fifteen to seventeen. It's probably his magic number, and the rest of those guys bring up the slack, but it's just a big playability for him that I think that you're looking at. They tried to get this Jets defense. Give them a lot of misdirection, get them running right, that's what you do when you got a quick, fast defensive.
Speaker 2: Line the way that they do. So I think he played his part.
Speaker 6: But look, I think the numbers for him is right where they need to be, especially with a guy being paid the way it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I think it was perfect.
Speaker 6: I think how we played the game kind of dictated how many carriers you got, how many snaps did New York's offense get versus how many like our time of position was so crazy you don't expect it to be like that throughout the season.
Speaker 2: So I think it an average out.
Speaker 6: But also, if you watch Tony Pollard run, I only saw him take one hit that had me worried. He run out of bounds when he goes to the side, he gets seven, he get out, he get down when he needs to get down. I think he caught a pass and he got sandwiched in between two players, and that was the one. I was like, oh, he took that hit, but you don't see him he like Lamar Jackson. When Lamar Jackson runs the balls, you don't see them taking big hits like that. So it doesn't worry me because it seems like he knows. He understands in the running back room, must understand two, like, Hey, it's gonna be a long season. You ain't got to try to get that extra two yards by going out to the bang like that. That's not your game. Get your seven, get out to come on back to the sideline. So I think he's running smart, So doesn't really worry me.
Speaker 4: So when you come to the plays, run the Jets ran forty six plays.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys had forty.
Speaker 4: Six rushes in the games, so crazy Paulard with twenty five attempts, ric o'donald seven, Deuce von with three, Dak Prescott had six. Here then you have run a little bit Turping with two and Peyton Hendershot with one. So fourteen rushing attempts for one hundred and thirty four yards.
Speaker 5: And then when it came to passing, it was thirty eight attempts.
Speaker 4: By the Cowboys, Dak thirty one of thirty eight pass away, two touchdowns, no interceptions, and Danny.
Speaker 5: It leads me back into where you wanted to go.
Speaker 4: The play caller here, much improt Mike, much improved play call Here we go.
Speaker 6: Now listen, Big Mike, Big Mike, listen, let me tell you something. He ain't lied to me. He ain't lied to me yet. Okay, Big Mike said, I'm going to play till my defense, and as you see him call the plays, he's gonna make sure that he's playing it safe enough to not put his quarterback in jeopardy, but also get the ball out of his hands quick. And hey, if we gotta punt it, we're gonna punt it. We're gonna get back to our defense. When you get down into the red zone. He did the same thing everybody's crying about the red zone. He got down there and said, I'm going to make sure I get some points because as long as I do, they not gonna be able to crawl back into the game. So why risk going out there throwing a deception or not get putting points on the board When I got the opportunity right now and we got a kicker that's consistent to say I'm Finna get another three, put us up by two possessions. How many teams have scored on two possessions against us this season? It ain't happening. I think he's playing smart. He's living about what he said that he's gonna do. And I think he's still also setting up some stuff for later in the season for some other teams that he's gonna open up the playbook a little bit. You'll see Dak throwing some throwing some shots. We haven't seen Michael Gallo get down the field yet. Brandon Cooks is out. So I think he played just how he should. And I think that that lends a hand to say, hey, he been in the lab.
Speaker 5: Were you good with the red zone? They were two of six in the red zone for thirty three percent.
Speaker 6: Now I understand where people are looking at that and saying, oh, you can't do that first some of the best quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 6: But when you have a fourteen point league going into the fourth quarter, you said it all Dot, there's nothing really to add to what you just said, because that's a man gospel what you just put on that right, But last year versus Green Bay, you had a fourteen point league going into the fourth what the kelling Moore keep doing about dogging on killing more. But I'm just saying, in the fourth quarter, what you keep doing passing the ball? Look, man, run that clock out. Don't don't put this offense in any foolish positions to have this this game turnover, you know, to for something stupid. When you have a defense like like you said, he ain't lied once. When you have a defense like this, you play field, position, ball, control, time of possession. He did exactly that. I recognized, knew it that that two of six. You will anybody would love you at least love to be five hundred in that number, right, But two of six. Look, when the higher up you go, you're gonna have to get that. You know, you're got to clock it in. But I'm okay with everything that might did. No, I'm with y'all on this. I can't poot poo on nothing. You know McCarthy's been doing so far this season. I mean, like you guys said, he's played into his defense. And when you have an historically great defense, which they've been so far this season, that's all you really have to do is drive the bus offensively and Dak has done a good job.
Speaker 2: You know, we saw it. We talked about the I was Gardner, but other than that.
Speaker 8: He's done a good job of taking care of the football. There's no fumbles out there, so to me, you know, Michael Carfy is doing a great job. He's incorporating everybody. He's spreading the football around. I mean, you got CD lamb out there. You're gonna get the ball to your number one three. He's ball he heard.
Speaker 6: Us that was that just took off from the h But also no cooks in there. Michael Galli still had you know, he ain't got his foot.
Speaker 2: This was his chance. Yeah, so all you got a CD, but we knew you're gonna get the targets.
Speaker 8: So he's getting the ball to his playmakers. And what I love most about it is you harked on it a little bit. It's not getting to them down the field. It's letting them get it in space, getting the ball out of that hands quick and letting his playmakers in space ball out. I mean, we saw what CD was doing out there, his yak yardage. I wish I had the stand in front of you, but this yack yards was pretty good. Last man, he was so to me, I can't say anything. I mean, McCarthy's done a great job so far.
Speaker 4: So here's just looking back at the field goals that they had to kick. So they get it to the seventeen kickerfield goal, they get it to the Jets three yard line kickingfield goal, they get it to the Jets eight and then they kick a field goal, and then they get it to the twelve and they kick a field goal. And afterwards, when asked about the amount of field goals in the red zone, McCarthy says, I was really proud of the offensive line with all the changes and so forth, I could have been better than He used a curse word talking about himself. So his first and goal on the six yard line, the first call they actually lined up with Hunter Lefki being new and so forth, there was day He says, that was definitely an assignment that we weren't expecting. But yeah, we definitely need to punch that in. Going back to when they got down to that one, it was hindershot right in no game that first and goal from the one. Then it was second and goal from the one. Rico Daddle right in loses two yards. Then it's third down at the Jet three Prescott incompletion of Ferguson thought he had him, thought he had him right there.
Speaker 6: Even on that that incompletion to Ferguson, goys, you i'all go back and look at the all twenty two.
Speaker 2: Wide open on the corner round. They showed that video when he was like, he's.
Speaker 6: Wide open in this like that that they'll come back to and correct. And they spent so much time in the red zone. But like I said, man, I just felt like there were just certain instances like I don't know, the run to Hindershot I thought was a little weird. I didn't I didn't get that one. But then the miss in the corner that was another one. I'm like, hey, they come back to it. This is this. This is gonna be one where they gonna clock that in.
Speaker 4: But overall, can we say two games in the new play callers better than the last play call.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna listen. Turpin was here last year, not couldn't figure it out. We talked about Jalen, We talked about Tobert of being able to make an impact. This game made an impact to some big time catches. We say, we saw Deuce get in you see the creativity here in using players say what they don't defense. Then Quinn looks at these players and say, hey, where are you best at? I'm gonna put you in a position to be successful, and we've seen that happen on offense. No shots at Killing. I'm just saying, when you look at how we're playing now and playing to your defense is getting all these players? And who knew these dudes with playmakers? He said, can't have two gadget players?
Speaker 2: What was I wrong? Also?
Speaker 6: But I will say this, that's because Cooks was out because there ain't no way Turping and Duce would have been getting.
Speaker 2: Reps of Cooking.
Speaker 6: But yeah, right now, right now, I say, yes, not more creative than Killer, but I'm saying he is. He is calling the game better that fits his team. Know, we talked about this on Friday, Man, you booking business. After these books. We were talking about the play calling and the way that Mike McCarthy has attacked his scheme this season, and I liking it too. The Cheesecake Factory menu, but not having the Cheesecake Factory menu simplifying this offense. And what I love about what Dak is doing is he's getting the ball out of his hands. You know he's doing a good job, like with his eyes surveying the field, all those say the one play that saw that was the first time he almost went back in the Hotel top machine the twenty twenty two that because when he did that, I was like, now because we've seen we've seen that. But other than that, he's been on time with his throws and all of the play dynamics have been getting on the outside, especially that one deduce one where he got out on the first down, like that's just that's just massiful. Play is nice one the last thing, here you go and Dak is running the ball. We all talked about it and add that dynamic to him being the okay, my bad, what we didn't let Church go my bad?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Church taking it better.
Speaker 8: But you gotta say better or not real quick, real quick. And I know on time, so not I agree with y'all. I ain't gonna lie to through two weeks because let's act like, I mean, you've been doing this long enough, thirty years.
Speaker 2: But you've been around ball d Max. You understand as well. Right now, I got the truck. I've seen two games in. I got time proofing consistent that that's two games.
Speaker 8: We all understand after two weeks the season is not a concert.
Speaker 2: We all understand that as of right now. But as of right now, he's got the lead. As of right now, he's got the lead. I mean, you know, we come to starting grade. Let's great rain.
Speaker 4: Dakota Prescott on his performance as the Cowboys moved to two to zero with Heck Maharrison.
Speaker 5: The players are Barry Church and Danny mcrabner.
Speaker 4: Instructions The players LUNs brought to you by Tostito's on Dallas Cowboys dot com media.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The press dout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says two thousand eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what.
Speaker 5: It truly means to be a boss.
Speaker 12: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot Com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 7: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed the other with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Homer Away.
Speaker 7: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them.
Speaker 5: Boys smear enof we do game days.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 10: Back to the Players Lounge, Dallas Cowboy game Time powered by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Sign up now to compete in Madden twenty four to four a chance to win two tickets and a VIP experience to a twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys home game qualifiers. Qualifiers begin on October sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallas Cowboy game time dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Yik Mahison. Players Lounge brought to you by Tolstino. Those your players are Bury Church and Danian Craig, former Cowboys safeties new we strugs Cowboys thirty, Jets ten Cowboys now two and oh the stat that I started the show with that I'd absolutely love.
Speaker 5: For the first time in.
Speaker 4: Franchise history, the Cowboys have not turned the ball over in the first two games. Dak Prescott will dive into him and give a grade on what we thought about rain to go to Prescott's performance thirty one completions on thirty eight attempts for two hundred and fifty five yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions. He did run the ball six times for fourteen yards on that first drive on a third and six at the New York Jets, twenty scrambled fifteen yards, got it down to the five, and then Dak ended up throwing a touchdown pass to Jake Ferguson for four yards, and that helped the Cowboys start the game on the opening drive, twelve plays, seventy five yards, five minutes and forty one seconds.
Speaker 5: And start with you, Danny mccraig, go around the room.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 6: Are we just doing like this solid ABC deal? We got pluses, man, those are pluses in there. Minus since we're doing pluses, Professor mccruz. Since we're doing pluses. Okay, I'm not greating on the curved ocur. I'm gonna give him an A and I would have gave him a plus. But the sauce Gardener thing worries me a little bit because it's flashes of what we saw last year, and I just it just worries me. But A he controlled the game, and the one thing that I've been asking to see how to Dak Prescott, minus throwing inceptions all that stuff, is being dynamic, using his legs again, putting the defense on their heels because they don't know if he's going to break out of the pocket when things break down, or he's gonna try to force the throw and possibly throw interception.
Speaker 2: And we've seen him.
Speaker 6: For the last two weeks get out there and be not scared to run the ball, and I think he's only gonna get more confidence. So I got a right now, But he got some eight pluses coming.
Speaker 2: I'm shaving.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go a minus, and I'm gonna go a minus because of the potentially devastating sauce Gunner. It's picked six. You kind of revert back to some of your bad habits. I think starting thirteen to thirteen was dynamic. It shows you what he's made of. You have to change that. The whole turnover thing. He can't be the reason why you lose games. And I'm again a minus because in the red zone you could have caused something of this is it's your choice to make that call to get you into the end zone. So it wasn't a perfect game by by no means. But he handled his business. You know, thirty one or thirty eight fishing two touchdowns like they're always there, are there. Nobody ever grades out perfectly, right, we know that, right, Nobody ever grades out perfectly.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give him may money. Now, I'm gonna go be plus on this one. I'm gonna go be plus.
Speaker 8: Look, he like you guys said, like you said he was. He was a fishing thirty one or thirty eight. He did exactly what the game plan was told for him to do, and he took care of the football and he did his thing. But the reason I'm gonna give him a B plus to me the red zone two a six. If you can finish those out, even get close, if you can get you know, fifty percent in the red zone. All right, I'll give you that one the sas Gardner almost interception, you know, but if it was a fifth, you know what they say.
Speaker 2: So to me, he was effishing. He did exactly what the game plan was.
Speaker 8: But to get that again because to me, if you're talking about a A that means you you might have missed one or two passes and you're doing what Tua did it to it gets the charges in week one, like you put it on your back. You were the reason the office was able to do this. He's a solid B plus. He did his thing out there. It executed the game plan. But the red zone is just it wasn't.
Speaker 6: I just want to point out one thing. Okay. I don't know what Michael Gallup is. Okay, but Brandon Cooks, his number two receiver, did not play and he went thirty one for thirty eight. So that's you know, I just want to he.
Speaker 2: Did his thing.
Speaker 5: Everybody at the table know who Louis Phillips is.
Speaker 2: I do not Chauncey's brother. No.
Speaker 4: Louis Phillips was a cornerback for the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 5: In Super Bowl twenty three.
Speaker 4: As the forty nine ers are going down the field, Montana throws the ball and Louis Phillips has it, drops the interception. Next play John Taylor touchd Guys, this is the NFL.
Speaker 5: You got you, you two play. Sometime you get it, sometimes you don't.
Speaker 4: And Dak almost got got But the guy went out there and didn't happen again.
Speaker 2: Learn from it.
Speaker 4: You didn't see him double clutch again, especially on Saw did his job. This is what happens in the league. But the great ones make sure they don't go do it again. And they can call him Joe Montana. But I'm just saying this stuff happens. Ron Washington. You said a saying when he was coaching the who's the manager bringer says, do what the game ask you to do.
Speaker 5: That's what Dak Prescott did.
Speaker 4: Thirty one thirty eight, two fifty five, two touchdowns, no turnovers, no fumbles. He did what the game asked him to do. They wanted to protect the defense. They did it.
Speaker 2: If you get fifty more games out of this, heck, ma, are you good? Yes? Oh yeahey more games? This dad? Yes, you're good.
Speaker 5: You're not good?
Speaker 6: Okay, no, listen, listen, not good because I want to make sure I purpose it by saying all games ain't gonna be like this.
Speaker 2: There will be a game where we gotta sit He's differently right.
Speaker 6: So okay, so yeah, if the season goes this way and all the games go like this, yes, but we all know that that's not gonna be the case.
Speaker 2: But yes, he did.
Speaker 5: I gave I would, I would imagine this Arizona game. We thinking the same thing, right.
Speaker 2: Defense. Yeah, I'm running my defense out there, Dak be a ball.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm anticipating the next two games. This is defense.
Speaker 2: Come out here.
Speaker 4: You got you got Joshua Dobbs and Mac Jones. I'm assuming we'll see the same day. Defense go ahead, laid down on them. The offense is just you know, do the games could dude, That's what I'm thinking here.
Speaker 5: By the way, I get back in that.
Speaker 4: A A A Clarence Hill game of a last night on TV.
Speaker 2: You are Calvin Watkins with the.
Speaker 8: B plus it's still mean, man, it's good, but that's winnable.
Speaker 6: But before we get up out of here, MA, can we show ced Ceedee Lamb some love man, because Cede Lamb ball.
Speaker 5: Oh, we got we got, we got press conference coming out.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'm just I'm just saying Uh, Ceedee Lamb balled out yesterday, and I think we were talking all last week. I gave him the what was it when when you're trying to get on the flight. Yes, he's trying to fly stand by the being to that elite class.
Speaker 2: Last night he got on the plane.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, we have been asking for Ceedee Lamb to get off to a fast start, to be a guy out there where you don't clearly have a robin to your batman and still be dominant. Couldn't you look it could have been better with a touchdown, But at the same time, he went in there dog, he did exactly what he needed. And we've been talking about Big Mike the whole time he drawing up plays for a CD man. Bet that that whole passing game revolves. What's what's that one player you just talked about that fake bubbles screen. See you go out there like you've been a block hit of two times in two weeks.
Speaker 4: All Right's players? Last for today. Mike McCarthy's talking right now. We're gonna lead this jump right into the Cowboys head coach and the coordinators right here on Dallas Cowboys Dot Comedy Hill.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.