Speaker 1: The volume. Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 2: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you.
Speaker 1: New Draft King.
Speaker 2: Customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. You code money moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boosmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Now it's time to welcome super Bowl champion. In fifteen games this season, he had a pick, a forced bumble, two thumber recoveries, four passes defended, eighty solo tackles, nine tackles for loss, six QB hits from the University of Georgia. Now he was a national champ, and now he's a Super Bowl champ.
Speaker 1: BET's welcome, Nikobe Dean, what what's up? Appreciate Tom? How you doing, Bro? I'm good, super Bowl champ. Let me go first, man. You always go listen, do yeah?
Speaker 4: I want to know as someone you know, obviously I felt, I felt I was okay in the game of football.
Speaker 1: But I ain't never want nothing. Ain't gonna lie to you. Listen.
Speaker 4: I never won a national championship in college. I never want a Super Bowl. I want to know what it feels like. I'm sure it was probably a dry childhood dream. I obviously make it to the NFL, you know, but in the National Championship and doing the Super Bowl in such a short amount of time, Bro, what that feel like?
Speaker 1: Tell me what it feel like, because I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel say it's surreal in a sense because it's like, damn, it's like it's something that you kind of work towards all the time. But then, like you you sometimes you be thinking like them, loss is gonna make you homere make you go harder. But then wins then when it's gonna drive you differently, like getting there, getting to the super Bowl, you win and.
Speaker 1: The mother celebrate with you.
Speaker 5: Guys, it is like it's like you want to get back, you want to get back, so of course, but no, it's definitely surreal feeling.
Speaker 6: It is a bliss for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, co man, I know what you're talking about. Cold, I don't you talk about that. Ain't nothing like that feeling?
Speaker 4: Man, That's not.
Speaker 1: What me and this man we having a conversation. Oh ya, this is it.
Speaker 5: Got this super Bowl chap, the super Bowl chap.
Speaker 1: We have a conversation. Oh hey, Kobe, Kobey, me and you Goss Whisper. Don't you to hear what we're talking about?
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 2: Man, you played Kobe, you played extreamly well this year. You was having an outstanding season. You get down. Did you know when you when when you went down? Did you know that the seriousness of your injury?
Speaker 1: I didn I didn't.
Speaker 5: I felt like my nieches buckled and then I got I kind of looked down. I see my kneecap on top of my thigh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I sat down and I pushed my kneecap back in, and I stand up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right.
Speaker 5: As soon as I stand up, probably out, I push it back in. I'm like all right, I'm walking off the field. I'm thinking, okay, it's just located, give me a brace, and then it just kind.
Speaker 1: Of blew up like a balloon. And I'm like, I'm like, damn.
Speaker 5: But I mean it's all good. I mean, I had an injury before. God got me be back better than how was?
Speaker 1: How was web going right down? Are you back running? When do you think your stranger your lower extremities Are they back almost normal A little bit? Yeah? Yeah, I mean we're getting there. We're getting there.
Speaker 6: Is uh what on five?
Speaker 5: We I'll be five we saw from surgery, Okay, Wednesday, I'll be five. We're out from surgeon Wednesday, So uh a boy, Week six is gonna it's gonna take off because it's a protocol you gotta follow. It's slowing the beginning getting pick up. Yeah, call, let me ask you this. Last year, you guys struggled defensively. You couldn't get off the field, you couldn't rush the quarterback. You seemingly couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: You bring in big fangio and in one season it's been I can't remember a time that a defense is done a one eighty like your guys, Like you guys did, what do you think the biggest difference was between last year and this year's Soon Bowl out lights out, outstanding defense.
Speaker 5: I feel like it was a byand it was a buying from the guys. Man you got, you got Vic who've been in the game for a long time. Uh, then you got Well, we were one of the youngest defensives in the league. So it's like everybody kind of we we all looked at it like we ain't really done nothing, so we just kind of ball in the way. He because this kind of came in, we look older, older headed and tagged like no nofense nose. So it was like we were doing the at first with Syriani like my my first two years, it was like, you know, Oka was cool men like they ain't really pushed.
Speaker 1: Us as much.
Speaker 5: It wasn't as hard training count of win that hard. And then Vic come we got us doing conditioning, dribs, doing.
Speaker 1: But we bought into it. We ball into it.
Speaker 5: That's why you see somebody like Jalen call able to play one hundred percent of snaps, Like you don't really see that from the defensive alignment. So it was just like now that we've seen it work, I mean, shit, yeah they s guy ain't even living for how good Uh any of those guys us could have been could be on defense.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I said that last year I felt a Jalen Carter got in some shape. I said, he has the building, he has the ability, he has Reggie White potential. I'm not saying he's gonna be that, but you watch him the way he can rush the quarterback, he can bully, he can rip, He's tremendous first step, he can stop the run. He has no weakness. It's all in here, it up here. He got himself in shape and he was dominant.
Speaker 1: It was definitely. It was.
Speaker 5: It was great to see because I've been playing with him since college. So uh, Jac also got like a I don't know, you get out there. You kind of see them lin him to be a little scared of him because he comes out the gate first for the first snap and he talking in the day in the huddle, he he yelling. He got a little different different kind of you got a little screw moves up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he talked a little different shit than BG.
Speaker 5: So you can tell that the line is killed, He'll he'll look at the lineman and say, yeah, he's scared. He's scared, like pointing at him in the line, just kind of just I ain't saying nothing to him.
Speaker 1: That's what we got most of the time.
Speaker 4: They're not very many officers linemen that really talked back in general. They always they always for some reason, they always focused. Don't really do the trash talking, especially back to the the lineman. I used to give myself in trouble during my day because I would talk trash and TV time out.
Speaker 1: The closest people to me would be the deepest alignment. You know, TV.
Speaker 4: Both the thing and the reference caring it back up and my my my left, my left and right tack. I would always tell me, Chad, no wing the boys up, cause you ain't got to deal with them in the trenches.
Speaker 1: Don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 4: But I got a question for you, man, what's the toughest part about playing linebacker as opposed to in college and the difference in play in the NFL.
Speaker 1: What's the difference outside of the speed of the game. Uh for me?
Speaker 5: For me, I feel like the toughest part is I feel like linebacker should be the general on the defense. You should be the one you should be You should be the one line there by the or my next heay line about up. Kind of like you.
Speaker 6: Should be like the battery pack to get everybody going.
Speaker 1: You you kind of.
Speaker 6: You, kind of you the glue in the sense we like to call ourself the glue.
Speaker 5: Like we we we run with four three three fifty. So it's like I feel like, being linebackers, we gotta be able to do all that, and we gotta also be able to keep everybody kind of kind of like when jayc a chance to get to get to get the mouth from out, we want their fifty yard penalty.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell him till out. You gotta call everybody. Yeah, you gotta you gotta have her.
Speaker 5: You gotta have the other guys of the defense to be able to even have the green not and make the cause and everything. And I feel like there's a linebacker you shouldn't like shy away from that and you should want to praise something like that and go for it. So I feel like that's the toughest part, not even just playing the game, because if you can play, play.
Speaker 2: How did how did play it at a program like the University of Georgia Because you know Kurby, he came from coach Saban and coach and Kirby no nonsense.
Speaker 1: You gotta grind, you gotta bought the cold. Hey, he ain't no walk through price that you pumping? Hell? He all in school.
Speaker 2: So how they playing the University of Georgia prepare you to play? And then there it made me.
Speaker 5: It gave me that like, uh, a different type of I say, give a fuck factor just because just because it's like you playing it somewhere like George you I ain't have I ain't have it either, So you ain't have that. You had that money coming in so.
Speaker 1: You got had playing.
Speaker 5: You had to be playing to get to the league, or you really had to love it because you we was banging every day, We was banking every day, and and it kind of made me grow up and be maturing in the sense of no matter what you're doing outside the ball, when it comes to being in that building, you gotta perform. And the people inside that building don't care about what you gotta go. Uh well, in a sense, they don't care about what you got going if you ain't performing. So it's like, yeah, and Kirby. Kirby told me that early on because I was I was big on school. I was an engineer major, so I was up all night and he.
Speaker 1: So me too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was up all night, so he was he.
Speaker 1: You ain't on the engineering scholarship COVID. That was That was Curb probably.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you the story. It was my freshman year. I came in early with springing time, and I had first got there. I'm I'm I'm out, I'm out Lake part in with the guys, and then I'm standing up Blake doing homework. Then it's like springing practice, so I'm in the meetings. Those those are not enough. Curby coming to me. He said, you know many this before. Practice said, you know, man, I know you you're working hard. You got the engineering. You know, you're trying to find a way. And I know it's hard right now because the defense hard.
Speaker 1: But I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 5: Then exactly he said, yeah, he said, hey, he said, when you when you come out here, I need you folkus, when you come in to meetings, I need you folks, I need you up.
Speaker 6: So and they kind of I always remember that. I don't remember none else told me.
Speaker 5: I remember that, and it kind of helped me through everything with my business and all that.
Speaker 1: So like they don't care, they don't care to you make it.
Speaker 2: It's a performance based league. Yeah, all that other stuff where you came from. Buckets are warned, Lombardy alland trophy, hobby trophy.
Speaker 1: They don't give a deal about that.
Speaker 2: You better be able to perform or they're gonna get your you know what up.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Hey, listen, who who are some of the linebackers, bro?
Speaker 4: You know, obviously I've had players that I look up to and O actually studied and tried to model my game after before I made the league and tried to do what they did. Once once I, once I got there, who was some linebackers pasted ur present that you studied a Madio game after.
Speaker 5: Well, I used to I'm I'm I'm I'm towards short of m a little bit under City's foot. So I used to look at guys like Eric Kendricks, who's a little even kind of like orthodoxed in the footwork and everything.
Speaker 6: Uh course, I used to look at Ray. I used to look at dead Brooks.
Speaker 5: Uh. Rod Coil came right before me, because he's just like a peer linebacker.
Speaker 6: He played its like, uh.
Speaker 5: Those guys mostly, and I used to study like there's Leonard as far as like punching the ball out and everything like that.
Speaker 6: But of course he had a real long kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah but he really uh yeah.
Speaker 5: I used to study him as far as like getting turnovers, uh Fred. Of course, those guys and many more. I used to study safety too, like not like I won't play safety, but it's just like you, you kind of study the guys that you like to play the game, like you study James Harrison, even though he was out the edge, he told my fault you know where it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's okay, I'm gonnahoop him.
Speaker 5: You're good like James here, like the physicality of the game and anything like that. I just feel like I feel like as a linebacker. Uh, with with the NFL and the leads trying to take some of the physicality out of the game, it is all us to bring it back, you know, and do it always, not trying to get finding anything like the hip job.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, let me let me ask you this. You're taking You're taking all the questions. Man, go ahead, listen.
Speaker 4: I got one more question now for you, for for somebody as young as you, And I'm thinking about just me, because I never want I never won anything, you know, So if one so much so early in life, you got so much left in your career, how do you define success for yourself as a player and a linebacker When you've already won a National Championship, you won a Super Bowl already, So what else is left on the plate outside of personal goals?
Speaker 5: Outside of personal goals? Uh, you just kind of you kind of tasting greatness. You want to, like I said, when you win there, when you win that first Natty, you win their first Super Bowl, you want to keep winning.
Speaker 1: It all starts old.
Speaker 5: You don't want to okay, okay, if I want to play a decade in the league. I just finished my third year, so I at least got my seven more years at the beginning. Every year, my goal is to be the best linebacker in the league and to win the Super Bowl, to have the top defense in league. So and that's kind of what you do with everything to you set your goals for yourself. You just try to push torches. So and I don't down play. I don't care how many times I did it. If I wanted them to go get it, that's it.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this the rule. Now, they're trying to get the toe push band. Have you guys been able to stop the touch pushing practice the time guys.
Speaker 5: Practice, y'all know we ain't doing that in practice. They always joke with some of the old line. But like y'all know, y'all can't. Y'all want be able to do that against us. I always joke against us. But uh man, look, they if somebody don't like it, they're gonna try to ban it. So I say, keep it, of course, for byers.
Speaker 1: Make it.
Speaker 6: Stop it for byers reasons. For I'm a defensive guy.
Speaker 5: So it's like, I don't care at this point, and in the league it's not too much to I'm not gonna look at something on the on the offensive side of the ball and be like, oh, they need to ban this because it's bad football. Like nah, were on defense. We're gonna figure it out. We get paid to stop. We get paid to stop officers, we get paid for them not to score. So we're gonna we're gonna try to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's the problem that people in positions of power don't have the mentality like you have, other mentality like the players have, you know, especially those that are part of the competition committee.
Speaker 1: They trying to do it with stuff simply because you can't stop it exactly. But neither here nor they are dynasty repeat, y'all, Yeah, y'all want the Super Bowl. Y'all. Y'all at the beginning of every year, the goal is the Super Bowl. It is it is, Nikobe. We appreciate the time, man, thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, great college career, great start to your end up fail career, National champ, super Bowl champ. Hey, hopefully we have you back over here again next year and your back to back Super Bowl champ. Congratulations man continues success and speeded.
Speaker 1: Appreciate so appreciate it. Oh yes too, Oh I got you, Well, I got you. I'm gonna send it to you. I'm gonna send it to you. I know how to get in touch with you. That love appreciation All right on your check this out.
Speaker 2: Shadur Sanders, considered one of the top two players at the position available in April draft, will not work out at the scouting Combine and ended this week. Though Sanders won't work out, he will be with teams and Indy quarterbacks are scheduled to ride Tuesday at the Combine, which formerly opens Monday. Their unfield workouts are slated for Saturday. Shadure is expected to throw on campus next month at Colorado's Pro Day.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you like this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have a problem for that. I don't have a problem for that at all, and not not at all. Listen, there's enough film out there on sers. We know we can throw the ball. It's no need to throw in front of the scouts though. Through though, where's most important?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: If the scouts want to see your throw, look at the film, turn it on. You have a a lot of film from Jackson State to Colorado, the high school.
Speaker 1: We know what he can do.
Speaker 4: We know what he can do with his arm. We've seen him do it before. Prod is where's gonna be nice y'all come out here. You want to see me throw?
Speaker 1: Come on out? Hereto the prode. No need no, no need to throw there.
Speaker 4: There's certain people that have to put that put that presentation on as far as throwing and what they can do as far agility wise at the quarterback position, at their I mean at the combine.
Speaker 1: She does not one of them. Have you seen the training tension with him? Can Ward that look?
Speaker 4: They hilarious they are Remember the movie Two Old Grumpy Men or something something like that.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, yeah, that's they remind me of them too. I don't know why. It's really that's good content between them two Jack Lemon and Walter Matthow.
Speaker 4: Oh you remember the names? Okay, okay, you're ready, you're ready for Hollywood?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh uh?
Speaker 1: And didn't what you call try? I think?
Speaker 2: Uh didn't what you gonna do a remake of that? Morgan Freeman and somebody didn't they do a remake? I know that if I'm not mistaken. I know Jack Lemon and Walter.
Speaker 1: Mathow that was the original gruffy old man.
Speaker 2: Oh t they mad at us talking about we we tried to make Submitty seem like a victim. An't nobody say somebody a victim?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Who is who hold Schmittee is the victim here? What did they talk about? Schmidt ain't no victim?
Speaker 1: No wait, he didn't know. Let's just go ahead. Not a victim, okay, not a bit so the wife the wife.
Speaker 2: But but we were but we weren't. But we weren't trying to make him a victim. All we were saying is that it was two consenting adults, right, and what he knew. I'm not here to say what he knew because I don't know. Smittie ain't never talked to me about it, and I don't talk about it, so I don't know what Smitty knew, when he knew, or how he found out. That's not what I'm saying. All we all, what you're and I was saying, is that, bro, your problem should be with her, not him. Smitty isn't married to you, Smitty is not under the off Smitty doesn't owe you anything. She owes you that, she owes you, Lordy, she owe you commitment.
Speaker 4: Not Smitty trying to figure out I'm trying to I'm trying to let me looking at chat and see who the hell is mentioned is Smitty in the first place, and not focused on the god damn wife and a husband.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Look, what all I'm saying is is that the guy, whatever the party is, the other party doesn't owe the individual anything because if it's a female, be mad at your husband, not the female, because the female is not in the relationship with you. The female, if you're married, the female didn't make a commitment to you before God, Smitty did not make no commitment to this guy. The guy and the young lady they took those vows. Those vows are sacred to them. That's what I'm saying. That's my stance. Now, all that other stuff, however they want to take it, whatever y'all want to take out of that, That's all I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying me, Hey, you just keep it moving.
Speaker 2: If you're in a relationship, ay, I don't think this thing is going to work out between us. Whatever the case, maybe that's what she wants you to do, and you go ahead and move on. If you married, hey, go ahead and get your lawyer draw his paper up. Boom boom boom, and keep it moving. It's really that simple, Oat yoe.
Speaker 1: Hey, Yes, human nature is undefeated.
Speaker 2: Next topic, Jordan Love has reportedly been recruiting Davante Adams.
Speaker 1: Can you see Davante going back to Green Bay.
Speaker 4: That's a good one, A nice veteran president for them young bulls out there's I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it it. It makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: Romeo Dobbs Watson coming back off injury. We got wis read DeVonta Adams is the veteran presence to show them boys, listen this, this is how you get it done.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: It's a nice, viable weapon that's consistent and still play the game. He still got that sauce. There's nothing wrong with me, even even he got a little age on him.
Speaker 1: But I like that look. I like that look.
Speaker 4: I like what Jordan Love is doing too, and I'm sure Lafoy will open him back with open arms. I'm sure the Green Bay organization will open him back with open arms. I don't think he left with the bit left them with a bad taste in mouth is as far as when he did leave.
Speaker 1: But I think it would be a good thing. I like it when you got small kids, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The thing is that DeVante has kids, uh, and probably after October they're not gonna be able to go outside because they're gonna be snowing on the ground.
Speaker 1: Right. But it's been that way for eight years when he was there the first time.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing is, that's one of the reasons why he went to Vegas. He liked Vegas because he turned down more money. He left more money in Green Bay. Now maybe he got that money back because there's no state income tax.
Speaker 1: But plus the kids.
Speaker 2: Basically kids get to go outside for the most part nine months out of the year. There's three months it's too hot, they're not going outside. But uh, o Joe, let's get it. Look what a you and I was talking about is this situation.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I would feel the same way if Smitty's wife called her because she is going to owe no obligation to Smitty. You're in the relation, you're in the marriage. That's how that works, O Joe. There's two sides. You and I both looking at it. What we're saying is that we can only do what we to our knowledge. Smitty's wife hasn't called the young lady. We're talking about the guy that called Smitty. We're not saying, look, if two people are married, yes, because both sides somebody got hurt on both sides. Woman on one side, man on the other side, of vice versa. That's all we're saying, O Joe, we haven't heard anything from Smitty's side. All we're hearing is from her side, which is her husband.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Smitty is gonna whatever whatever transpires's Smitty is gonna have to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have to sit down and have a conversation with his wife.
Speaker 2: That's between them, just like this should being between him and her. That's all I'm saying. The public didn't have to didn't have to hear about it. But he's trying to embarrass smittye because he's hurt. So that's what this was about. Hurt people, hurt people, all right, O Joe, Plasico boroughs dog gag with my dog gag?
Speaker 1: Is that Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: What fifty two forty two, forty two excel Oh yeah, thirty Is that thirty seven thirty seven thirty seven excel is thirty thirty five? Okay, we were we were Super Bowl thirty five. No, it's got to be it's got to be forty something that ash because we were super Bowl thirty five xxx five.
Speaker 1: Nah. Yeah, so twelve years, so it's been two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, forty two the highest, the highest anyone has ever paid for a Super Bowl ring. He sold the ring, oh Joe. It went for two hundred and eighty thousand, six hundred dollars at auction. Burr has made over twenty nine million in his career. Okay, question, okay, you make two?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm curious when people actually sell their rings or sell their memorabilia, especially Super More rings like this.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that they don't have money anymore? Or you just wanted to get rid of me. I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: I don't want to speculate, Okay, don't I've just kept I mean, I say Tom Brady, I saw Tom Brady auction off his watches.
Speaker 1: Do we not think do we think Tom Brady's destitute?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I mean he's making thirty seven million from from Fox plus all of it outside endeavors. So I don't think Tom Brady. Maybe he wanted to get rid of those watches. Maybe he wants to replace him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't. I don't, so I don't want to speculate.
Speaker 2: I know people will speculate big cause it's a super I mean, you work so hard to get that and now you know, but sometimes it doesn't mean super Bowl. Rings don't mean the same thing to everybody.
Speaker 4: Oh yo, And they think you can't eat them rings. Them rings ain't paying. That's where they can't paid them. Business you get rid of, you know, so.
Speaker 2: You know plans. He made over twenty nine million. Let's just say May thirty million. We're gonna cut down half for fifteen million. Okay, he got to live. I think he had a wife, got kids. Okay, he got in trouble with the law. That probably eight of a million dollars right there. Dang man, O Joe, you know it don't take. And the problem is when you have money going out and you don't have any coming in. See that's the problem. So o Joe, you used to having money coming in, So think about it. You gotta live now. I don't know, I don't know Plank's lifestyle, but I'm saying, you got a mortgage, you got cardon note, you got kids, you got wife, and you got nothing coming in.
Speaker 4: Right, That's why I see. That's why you see. And you wonder why I got, you know, three hundred and sixty seven eleven jobs.
Speaker 1: I got to live.
Speaker 4: I got kids, Like, I want to get this Mayka yacht by by the end of twenty twenty six, and it's only one way I'm gonna get it, by having multiple streams of income.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I always like, I was like, damn, bro, damn, would you ever auction off one of your rings?
Speaker 2: No, I got three kids. Each kid is gonna get a ring like that. Now what they do with it after that, that's on them.
Speaker 1: How do you decide which kid gets which ring?
Speaker 2: The oldest Kayler get the first one, KR get the second one, Pool get the last one.
Speaker 4: Now is their way to decipher which ring holds more, is worth more than the other or there?
Speaker 6: You think it's all all all equal?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I don't think anything. That's the way I'm split it up.
Speaker 2: When it comes to when it comes to certain memorbilia, A lot of the stuff I'm gonna try to sell because I know they're gonna sell it. Not the gold jacket. That's not gonna sell. I probably end up donating that to Savannah State. Let them keep that. It's hard for them to keep stuff on campus because they're worried about stuff steal people stealing it.
Speaker 1: They took my jersey down. They had my jersey up.
Speaker 2: They retired my jersey many years ago, but they took it out of the case because they were worried about somebody stealing it. And that's unfortunate. But yeah, the kids that each kid to get a ring, I'm very fortunate.
Speaker 1: Three for three.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm you know, they'll get some stuff. Each want to get a Super Bowl jersey, same thing, first, second, third. But most of the stuff I'm just gonna end up selling it because I know they're gonna sell it. They're not gonna keep all those game balls that I want and stuff like that on jo It's just the cleats and stuff like this. You know, I would like with them too, but it doesn't mean the same. It doesn't mean the same to them as it meant to me.
Speaker 1: So have you thought about what you want to want to give me or or I ain't. I'm walking away empty handed.
Speaker 2: I got a nightcap hat with my signed on. I got some boxing gloves. You can shoot me, you can shoot Uh. We can have a three four competition for this LV basketball if you want to.
Speaker 1: So they get they get the good stuff, and I got I get a LV basketball. Bro, you ain't even got your own member, Billy, What the here you gonna do with mine? Sell it?
Speaker 2: Thank That's that's why that's why I'm beating them to the punch. Yeah, that's that's that's that's why I would beat them to the punch because I know that's what they gonna do rapidly, so and I just I would just rather go ahead and take that out of the equation because like sometimes the appearance, I mean, you know they're gonna be taken care of, but they somebody see them selling something. Man, I know he left them all that money and they ain't got no money now, So I'm gonna think you got off plate. I tell you what you want to read that Eagles hell me Eagles fans. I gotta I gotta, I got something to sell, y'all.
Speaker 1: What you got? What you got? What you got?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm yeah, Eagles fans, y'all want to buy this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, we see the face mask. I can tell you who it is, Burban Friar? Yeah? Am I right or wrong? Yeah? I guess that. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw the I saw the face mask. So I was either gonna go with Urban Friar or what's the receiver?
Speaker 1: What's my doll?
Speaker 4: And I can't remember the dog name played for the Bears, play for the Eagles too, al Sean Jeffries. I was gonna say, al se Urban Friar, because I know I could. I could tell receiver. It doesn't even have to have his helmet on, but I know who it is based on the team. And then the face mask.
Speaker 1: That's weird. I don't think they got these. I don't think they wear these helmets anymore.
Speaker 4: No, not the helmet, but just the just the the's it's weird hacking.
Speaker 1: I'll be willing to uh get y'all. Uh might be really the part takee with that, I'm trying to think, should I sell? Should I sell to my memory? Bill you? Yeah? Yeah, and sugar the head the head? They sell it and send me the proceeds.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, Eagles DC Big fang you operrated the defense, uh and team meeting for the second half of four it's in the super Bowl, Jalen Hunt h j Yeah. Hutt says even after the Super Bowl, after the team meeting was going over the parade prep Fanjio.
Speaker 1: Made the defense stay back and go over the game.
Speaker 2: He gets to the second half and says, this is unacceptable, unacceptable twenty two points.
Speaker 1: He wants perfection. You like this, O Joe Man, It's cool. I like it.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, let's see, he's setting the president, he's setting the standard on what they're going to have to need to do and continue to do because they I mean, they have the opportunity to win the dynasty.
Speaker 1: Team is very young both sides of the ball.
Speaker 4: You know, a few older players, but they have a chance to do something special with the Chiefs almost we're able to do.
Speaker 1: The Eagles have a chance to run it again.
Speaker 4: So you know, coach understands that and talking to his defense where mainly really everybody's probably coming back next year, including some added pieces, you know, via all season acquisitions and the draft.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, he's setting the tone he's sending the president early. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 4: It kind of kind of extreme, especially after you already won and you ask the two large lead.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're gonna you're gonna give up some points.
Speaker 4: But you know, for the most part, I mean, they played extremely well. The reason why they were able to have a game the way he had is because of the defense in the first half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, first half said everything they played it.
Speaker 2: They played extremely well, and he wanted that same He's like, y'all, let up. Were supposed to have a blank d were supposed to be the only team to have under the Do not let him scores at all, because that's what he was looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't want him score points.
Speaker 4: That would have been that would have been possible. Hell, they didn't even get a first down. The ain't cross the fifty yard line the whole first half, the whole first half.
Speaker 1: This is to look at the Giants. How many how many yards?
Speaker 2: How many yards did the Giants have against that Ravens defense. Jordan go back and pull up. You pull up to play by play for the Giants Ravens Super Bowl. I mean you think you think, uh, I don't think they had two hundred yards ballfence Giants thirty five they have one hundred and fifty two total yards.
Speaker 1: That's it, the whole game.
Speaker 2: Give me the play by give me, give me, give me the play by play. What what they because they went? You are to see what they Oh, they're just going now. They scored on the kickoff. They just got no points on office. Oh yeah they was hold on Uh, Chad, you gotta I mean you got you gotta see this when you when when?
Speaker 1: Because they had like they.
Speaker 2: No, I need to like play by play what the giants did, like punt punting and that.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's so and you know it's funny with that, like every time you talk, every time you stop talking, Like I'm sitting so close to the ocean, but I can hear the waves hidden crashing up, crashing up ashore every time you stop.
Speaker 2: If I was in Miami, You're like, man, I can hear they got the kid? Yeah, hey man, what is see?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: I want to know about the mink the mink pajamas. I'm fin the Google act. I don't want some of them. They got a mink what do you call them?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Roll? You serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let mean LB see how much it is about eighteen eighteen? No mink whoa mink Rodman's. They got a new one. They just they just, uh oh, what do you ain't that expensive? On?
Speaker 4: Don't you you look at the don't you in Cabana got a green one for five ninety five?
Speaker 1: You got it? Botaga, that's it. I see. I don't think this is the right kind of meek were talking about. I'll sit it to you. Take this out forever, Vanda nice oh yoe, Yeah, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: The Giants three plays punt, three plays they got three plays no yard, three plays one yard, five plays eighteen yards, three plays six yards okay, three plays two yards, three plays one yard, interception, nine plays forty five yards in three plays interception, interception, punt, interception, touchdown. They ran the kick back three plays zero yard, three plays minus four yards, three plays four yards, end of game.
Speaker 1: God Lee, hold on, it's Raven Defferent from two thousand, Yeah, against the Giants. I see, I've seen him in person. I know what I know what that looked like.
Speaker 2: Them jokers with three plays no yard, three plays one yard, five plays eighteen yards, three plays six yards, three plays two yards, three plays one yard, interception, punt, interception and exception punt an exception, touchdown, punt, punt punt, end of game.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah, I don't think you all gonna see that again.
Speaker 2: Minority candidates are now old for twenty nine and getting NFL offensive coordinator jobs this season, twenty nine OC jobs in a row to white coaches, zero to minoritists.
Speaker 1: The USA today are reporting O Joe, what you think.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's nothing new. I'm not even sure why they're reporting it. It's been going on for the longest. It's been going on for the longest, you know, I'm not even sure why we're reporting now. We continue to have the same discourse every single time it comes around after jobs they're taken, our jobs are not given, and we continue.
Speaker 1: To say the same thing over and over and over.
Speaker 4: We continue to fight over and over and over for positions that they don't want us in, and they continuously, they continuously make it clear that they don't want us to those positions, and yeah, you know, we still fight for them.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how long we're going to continue to keep.
Speaker 4: Fighting for the positions that obviously we deserve, that we are qualified for, but obviously those that aren't this qualified as those that are still get them.
Speaker 1: Before us for a reason because they don't want us there. I'm not sure what else to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did get a g got one job. Yeah, so yeah, I guess baby steps your Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm with you. We we we've been. We've been. We've been crawling and taking baby step for four hundred years.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Right now we're being joined by two time Pro Bowl running back James Cook.
Speaker 1: James, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: What I man, jac what's up? What fy? Let me hold something?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Got it? Hey, listen, put it on the floor, but I'm gonna pick it up now.
Speaker 2: James, Let's talk about this great season that you had over a thousand yards. I think what fifteen rush touchdowns during the season, had an outstanding Like we just dropped in bed with guy. Uh, he's on the cell phone. He was kind enough to join us. He was not gonna be in a situation where he could get land but bad. I appreciate that, Bro. Yeah, I was as I was saying, great season, running the football, revapped offense. As far as running the football offensive coordinated for first time full time.
Speaker 1: He blended took over last a year ago. In the halfway through the season.
Speaker 2: When you look at what you were able to do in particular and what this team was able to do considering all the pieces that you lost. You lost your two top receivers, Matt Mulonel was injured a lot of the season, a lot of your dbs, both of your safeties and White gone. Nobody really expected you guys to be in this situation. Did you really think that you guys had an opportunity, had a chance to end up being where you were in the AFC Championship game and what three points away from actually winning.
Speaker 1: That game.
Speaker 7: Without a doubt. I mean, when you got on seven back there, it's always a chance.
Speaker 1: Like That's what I say.
Speaker 7: I just feel like he wanted the best and he's gonna put us in the best situation always win.
Speaker 1: So when he back there and we back there and we connecting is something great.
Speaker 4: Listen, everybody always talks about Josh Allen. They always talk about him losing you know, some of the some of the losing digs and and not having a superior wide receiver weapons on the outside. But what people don't talk about enough of is what you've been able to do. You take some of the pressure off of Josh. Josh Allen, Listen, you stepped into a bigger role in the Bills offense. You know, how have you embraced being a centerpiece in that system.
Speaker 7: I just came to work every day forever, real like that's all I can ever do. Like I could control what I could control that end of the day. But when you don't come in there at work and you don't come in there and be that guy and that be that neither in the locker room, that you will never be nothing. So that's what I tried to come and do. And I feel like it's been working. I'm a team guy. I'm always coming there and work and when they come on Sundays, I gotta got to kill you.
Speaker 1: Shame when I look at you guys, I mean, you get so close every year.
Speaker 2: You had the best record and the uh uh in the AFC two years ago and then you end up losing.
Speaker 1: At uh uh uh to Baltimore.
Speaker 2: And then this year you have unbelievable season and you leap lose to Kansas City in the championship game.
Speaker 1: What is the next step?
Speaker 2: What do you guys need to do in order to get over that hump, which is Patrick Mahomes in the AFC.
Speaker 1: But she just got to be aggressive. Like I just feel like we got to be aggressive.
Speaker 7: And where a guy like one five back there, you gotta you gotta just gotta beat them, like more of the story, Like I can't say nothing nothing, She's gotta beat them. So you and you come in games like that, and you know, when you're back against the wall and you gotta win, and you got your guys next to you, you gotta go win and ship.
Speaker 1: You know you're playing one five, you know, you know, you know how it's gonna be. You know it's gonna be ebbs and flows of the game.
Speaker 7: So you gotta just control what you can control and go out there and play football on at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So you would you would like to be more aggressive early on.
Speaker 2: You feel like you got when you guys fell behind, then you became aggressive.
Speaker 1: You like to see that from the world jump let's go off the rip. Yeah, you know, and it never happened.
Speaker 4: It never happens that way for some reason, especially when you get to playoff games with games of extreme importance. Most of the time, I think sometimes especially from a coaching standpoint, as the officer coordinator, you say you overthink, You overthink the game instead of just playing free. You know, you're you're you already have what you've already done throughout the entirety of the season because you playing the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: There's no need to press. Just continue to do what you've always done.
Speaker 4: And you use you use your bell cow you for instance, and septem and just rock out. And I think they lost sight of that, or he the officer couard had lost sight of that once you got to that game, and not allowing himself to just just play freely, call the plays freely, because you got all you need right there in hand. And I think for one, y'all are going to consistently be back. You know, obviously you're in AFC. Obviously I'm a Bengal fan, but understanding what you guys have and I want to talk about you from an individual standpoint and how much your game has evolved from a rookie to now and where you are right now, what do you think you need to work on as good as you've gotten from your rookie season to this point, what do you think you need to work on to get tenuely evolve at the running back position.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I can.
Speaker 7: I just got to keep getting better and you know, like be able to be on affair every dayn like and key situations like I feel like I could do it.
Speaker 1: Ship just look at this point, like what else more I could do?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Right, I just feel like, man, just keep me on the feeling and great things are happening. Hey, we also hold on. I got one more. I like. I like this year. I like this Listen.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of good running backs in the league, right, you know, Henry's, the McCaffrey's, even.
Speaker 1: Even though it was injured for most of the season.
Speaker 4: If there was one thing you could take from one of the running backs in the league that you look up to and and you're a fan of, if there was one thing from their game you can add to yours.
Speaker 1: Would what would it be?
Speaker 7: Go with Christian McCaffrey, Just like, there's all the explosiveness that he got in his game. Man, what he can do with the ball, and so many positions that he can be in and you don't even know when he getting the ball and he's just get the ball and just cod this bitch Like yeah, like all that, Like, so just putting that traits in my game and be able to learn from from what he doing in my like I looked up to my brothers. So it's like, whatever he can, whatever I learned from him, I put that in my game and just try to just go out there and play football.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, Shit, we've been doing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are reports, James, and you can confirm with it now is that you want to be the highest paid running back in the NFL and man like, hold on, wait a minute, now, I don't know if he's earned that or he's deserving of that. What do you say to the boat that says, man, James could don't deserve to be the high stayed running back.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, I feel like we're just going to get running backs and and I feel like we deserve to get paid. And because when they come down to the back end of the season, we we we play a big part of this ship.
Speaker 1: Like, so however they want to take it, then I'm staying with the running back.
Speaker 2: We juster it ship now if I'm not mistaken, you could correct me if I'm wrong again. Now, it's reported that there were a phone call between a lot of the top running backs, yourself and McCaffrey and Deck Henry and say Kwa Barkley and I think Josh Jacob was on.
Speaker 1: That call when you guys had that call. If you were on that call, what was that discussion? Ship?
Speaker 7: Were valuable and we deserve and what we need because we were in the trenches every time ship, we bang ship when they come down to the scratch, you you got to run the ball, right, So it's like, like, how is we not valuable?
Speaker 1: Like how do we not valuable?
Speaker 7: If we can we the back end of the season, you have to run the ball when it's snowing, y'all this shit get sixty to snow put this, Like, we got to.
Speaker 1: Run the ball. So it's like, what more can you?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: How we not valuable?
Speaker 7: Like at the end of the day, Like is point blank period that you could see like what we do and the position that we play.
Speaker 1: We play a big part of offenses, like just period.
Speaker 4: Right, And you know what you are correct in the NFL owners, I'm not sure when that dynamic shifted to where the running back position wasn't valued the way it used to be.
Speaker 1: Obviously during unks era.
Speaker 4: You know, during my era, you know the running back was a very important position, and you guys can actually fight.
Speaker 1: You guys have a case. You guys can voice your reason for.
Speaker 4: Wanting and commanding the kind of money you want because players like you sa Quan Derrick, Henry Christian McCaffrey, and maybe maybe two others. You know, you're Jonathan Taylor, I'm gonna get you, j oh Yeah, Jamiir Gibbs, Josh Jacob as well. You guys are at the forefront of being able to command the kind of money you want because of what you guys are able to do and taking some of the pressure off your quarterback when the team needs you guys to grind the clock out. Who's the one to show up?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Calves belchal, That's what it is, and most of you can play three downs.
Speaker 4: You's a goddamn dual threat, so you you should be getting two goddamn checks. You can line up outside, you can catch it out the backfield, you can hand it off to you. I mean, listen, I'm with you, especially when it comes to getting paid, because y'all bring a different dynamic than more than just being a running back, because you do more than just running.
Speaker 7: Goddamn ball, and I can say just one thing though, I just feel like I just feel like like we just do so much, like just like by going to practice and doing all the nood shit right, and I just feel like we're deserving of it, like like why not, Like shit, we work all my life, they get paid, like send me the big bucks, like Shad, why not? Bro?
Speaker 1: Like I want to go chase the highest, highest and the highest like and.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna keep doing it like and I'm gonna stand on what I stand on, like and I don't want to feel like a cancer at all, because I never I don't like all that attention and all that all that like that's not me, like honestly, like and I just I'm just standing on business man.
Speaker 1: If you think about it, from what I deserve, go ahead, no, go ahead, finish up.
Speaker 2: That's it when I deserve when I If you think about it, James, since McCaffrey got that sixteen million, nobody's even come close to that number. And so now you know you're going to uncharted territory. You look at what Saint Kuan got. I think Sa Kuan got about thirteen and a half. You saw what Dave Henry got he got about what eight and a half? Uh, you see what Josh Jacobs got. I think he was around twelve eleven and a half twelve. So you know when you say you want to be the highest paid and McCaffrey, is that the number that he's after? You know you're riching for the stars? Are you hope you land on the moon and get something close to that? Or you want a super or you want to jump over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just want to get what I get I deserve, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all. I want to get what I asked for. That's all what Roland makes your question. I had a brother that played in the league. Before I got there, I idolized my brother and I wanted to be just liking what role did your brother play?
Speaker 1: And how good?
Speaker 2: Because I'm surprised, I think everybody's surprised you didn't follow his path at Florida State.
Speaker 1: You went to Georgia. Uh, you're probably glad you did.
Speaker 2: But what role did your big brother play? And the guy that we see today that's turning to one of the premium running backs in the.
Speaker 1: NFL A big role.
Speaker 7: Honestly, just like just if I ask him a question, is just he always definite me. Is like he always telling me to be myself, don't ever like stop from what got you here to like create myself to then somebody that I'm not. So I just feel like that's what he told me, and I'm gonna keep continuing to be a myself and just always have that older brother in my ear to always guide me in the right direction. And I'm that's my oldest brother and I'm always listening to him, so I feel like he's the great shit. He just had to standard. So it's like, why not follow it. It's like if I if I don't follow it, it's like I sell myself short because I had an older brother to lead the way and show me the ropes how to get there. And if I don't follow it, I'm anna failure. I feel like, you know what I'm saying. So it's like always just keep working hard and keep grinding and get what you wanted life. Shit, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, you know what's funny when I think about it, I would I would have loved the opportunity to have a brother. You know, Santana, You'm trying to think of the other Give me, give me more brother. I mean, yeah, that man, that has to be like the greatest feeling to have a brother. And when y'all were growing up, did y'all compete, did y'all compete?
Speaker 1: Now obviously, I know you want to. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure when he was that central, When he was that central, you wasn't neo obviously right now younger, yeah, that that has to be the greatest feeling.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 7: We still have to speak to this day. It'd be so crazy we competing no still yeah, yeah, oh no. We compete in the game ship we we whatever. We compete because I were brothers that we understand like we're never going to go against each other, and we always understand like at the end of the day, you my oldest brother, and I respect you to the most up high. And I never do nothing, man ever, even fail my family, like because I know, like I was got the right way.
Speaker 1: Look ask you this, what are some what what do you listen to to get you in that move? You get you locked in before the game?
Speaker 2: So what when you when you when you got the head the beats on, you got the headphones on, and you what you vibeed way to get you locked in.
Speaker 7: I ain't even gonna lie to you. I want I want a young boy. Okay, oh, young boy's time, and it's like I gotta get up. I gotta get up for the game. So it's like before the game, I slow down, listen to a little R and B. Calm myself down before the game. Never get too low, never get too high. So pre game, getting myself together, vib into a little R and B, calm myself down. But before I get on the field, it's smellings hot, and young boy, it's time to go.
Speaker 1: Hey. Has it ever bothered you? Right? Obviously?
Speaker 4: Being a Florida boy, you know how the weather is out here. It's it's always hot. You know, we get when we get a cold front. Our cold front is bat seventy degree as a weather. Have you gotten used to the weather out there in Buffalo? Has it bothered you at all?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, you could adjusted to it. I feel like that's a mindset. Ship.
Speaker 7: You gotta go out there and feed your family ship. I gotta go out there and play at the end of right, hey for two hours. So I just thought that what they paying, I ain't got to be out there for two hours in it.
Speaker 1: I'm good stacking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hey James, thank you man. Congratulations on the great season you made the Pro Bowl. Hopefully bigger and better things to come in the future. Hey, stop back by. When you signed that big D. They stop back by and drop some of my for us.
Speaker 1: You already know I appreciate that, all right, boy, how I got it all right? One vo