Speaker 1: I'm Little Duval and this is Conversations with the podcast. Today's guest is a West Coast rapper and founder of Good Company, an organization that helps promote the rising Bay Area artists. Let's welcome my Guyl Russell. What's up, It's alive and direct, Its your boy, little duke, all your country cousin, you know, vibe in DC, y'all back head with all you know.
Speaker 2: We got a special guests, just like every time we own this bitch.
Speaker 1: But this nigga here, just like one of the young, young, young o g mined niggas that I fucked with from a distance, I never got a chance to God damn get to get to meet. Now I finally get to meet him on this ship. So let me introduce you all to my man, the Russell. What's up, nigga?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, gratitude. That was a great intro nigga, as you were saying. And I'm like, I wish my mama did this interview with me. I should have went house.
Speaker 1: For real, nigga.
Speaker 3: How is man would have been excited?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty nine, twenty nine, Hey man, Ben, Me and Charla made talk about you all the time, man, cause like like some some young motherfuckers, I be like, like, I see it. I'd be like, all right, they might need a little healthy certain shit, but with you, I'm like, man, he got it. You know what I'm saying. Like it's like I ain't talking about as far as you you already made it, but I'm saying, like the mindset and the understanding, right, you already got the understanding of everything. So it's like even when it's doing even when they was like, hey man, let's get him on the shops, like he don't really need much from me but maybe a life ship. But as far as understanding the game, you got it, nigga. Or you know what's dope about that.
Speaker 3: I'm finally out of age now where I see certain young niggas and I'm either like he got it or I'm like, m nigga, get using that. You feel me? So that that's how it is for real.
Speaker 1: It's it's for real because like it's like certain kids, like when you have kids, I don't know if you got it or not, but when you have kids, you'll start looking at some kids you'd be like, oh nah, I ain't got worried about him. He gonna be all right, but then you see that one year he'd be like, nah, man, I gotta got there, get his bail money ready because he gonna be wid. You see what I'm saying. So, but some people you just ain't gotta you ain't gotta worry about. Some with you, we just be like, man, this nigga, this nigga here, good man for so tell him about you man for the people. For my heart is that don't know you know, cause you know I'm I'm a old hend you know what I'm saying, which I like being. You know what I'm saying, But introduce yourself and love know a little about you, Mike. For those that don't know.
Speaker 3: First of all, I run a collective called good Company. I wrap. I hate having to say all these things.
Speaker 1: I know what you're saying, man, because you're like, oh God, like it's hard to I ain't. When people ask me so what you did, man, I'm like, I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: Right, A lot of ship, a lot of shit. You know a lot of things, and I do a lot of ship. That's the best.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Let me ask you this. So because it seems like you gotta understand, Like I said, when did you figure out, Like, all right, I got it. I think I understand how to I ain't said you got the you know the game, but you got understanding enough to understand how to move after situation you at now.
Speaker 3: It's really came in increments throughout like every time. Every time early I thought I had it, I learned some shit late and be like Nigga, I don't know what the fuck I was talking about. You feel me? So it's really is a growing thing. I've had more. I have a moment every day where I feel that. But I feel like the insurgence was like I started working for like ups after I graduated high school.
Speaker 2: You know that's a good job.
Speaker 3: Nigga's drive uper throughout the winner for the season. It was like it was a bulldob though Nigga was you know, but I learned a lot from that job. I learned how different my capacity and work ethic was like Nigga. I used to grab packages and run to the houses and drop them bitches off and truck I used to go in the back and it was just a lot of ship that I was doing that was improving the workflow. That I was noticing early was.
Speaker 1: Your rapping at that time too. I was rapping. Wasn't even the thing that I was.
Speaker 3: I was like rapping subsequently, like not not trying to make it just just as a hobby.
Speaker 1: And that's as as a hobby. Yeah, like this hobby for hobby. This I feel Lego. These all my little legos I be building and ship.
Speaker 3: Oh down, nigga do ball leg man my one of my best friends. He got we got some Lego figures around the crib.
Speaker 1: Oh, nigga, don't make me shure. I got added to whatever I bet y'all got it.
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: I got all this ship man. I love this ship man. But yeah, finish, finish, finish what you were saying at my fault, I'm hot to.
Speaker 3: So that's perfect. That's a perfect combination, nigga combination. Nah. But when I was doing that ship, every driver that I had worked with took a liking to me, and they was like, I'm gonna hit you when I do my route, when I when I'm make sure they give me you you feel me. So I started noticing that ship early and as I thank throughout my journey doing jobs, whatever position I came in asked was never what I left ass and it was happening fast. So I just I just knew, like the work, I knew, I understood that part of my journey. Then you feel you understood.
Speaker 1: That you had a personality that people was drawing to.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy. I didn't even think it was my personality. Then I thought it was the fact I was working hard, But.
Speaker 1: It was reality.
Speaker 3: That's all funny, that could have been it.
Speaker 1: That's all it is with you. That's why people like like in general like while people like me. I mean, the talent is is a is a bonus, but it's they see theyself in you. Are they are they see a family member in you. You know what I'm saying. It's like that's what they see it. That's what draw up to you. Don't ever get it over. That's what, especially in this day and age, would enforce and everything. Nigga. That's what it is, Nigga. It's the and it's genuine. You know what I'm saying. Because a lot of shit you can see through it or why I can, like, you can fool a lot of motherfuckers because a lot it's a mat the mother for us good at being good, being a good fake guy you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but some people you can just see right through. You can see like it's them. And and don't get it twisted. It's still a character because you have to be a character for entertained wise, but you can see it as a character of who you are in general. You get what I'm saying, and that's what and that's what's and that's what's genuine in your and your lyrics and your personality.
Speaker 2: And your prayer and in your social media and everything. That's why you wearing nigga.
Speaker 3: Come on. The nigga gave you the word.
Speaker 4: Come on, hey man, that's the weed talking here. That's the talk fact fact. I love it. Gratitude man, I appreciate that. So I heard you was going on it. They was telling me because yesterday was supposed to do it, but you had to do something. E was telling me.
Speaker 2: All you're going on a retreat or some ship.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yep, going on man. So it's this Indian mystic name sad Guru who was one of my favorite just a favorite human of mine. But he teaches like you go on YouTube and he just teach you about life.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: But like Nigga, just ask him questions and he just give you an answer. Right. He wrote a couple of books here, author and shit. So I just been reading his Ship and watching Ship for like the past few years, and randomly they reached out to me and was like, we're doing a private retreat and we want to welcome you to it and invite you. And it was just like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man, that's dope that you're doing it at that heze too.
Speaker 1: Man, you feel like your little son like like I said, I ain't no kid to any but you feel like my lither nephew like, and this nigga doing everything right nigga like.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 1: And you doing it at the right time too, you know what I'm saying, because it's that's when he's supposed to be doing at that journey, at your age, at the you turn the twenty, that going into your thirties.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So you have full understanding.
Speaker 1: And you gonna be all right, nigga, come on, So Ship, Like I said, this this show too is bout like you ask any kind of question. You asked me anything about life, anything you anything, and if you if the answer too deep or too crazy that you don't want to answer, Well, we can cut this shit out because it's this ship is my ship. I don't give a fuck like I don't have to. I'm not the clickbake nigga do this ship. I give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, here I got, I got my first unk question all because you have you have this cast, but you get to you get to smoke weed and talk your ship in the in the form that you do. So how did that? How does that deal look for you? And what did you negotiate.
Speaker 1: With this one right here?
Speaker 3: With with this right here, right this one?
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, honestly, this still was because I really never want I'm I really never want to do a podcast, honestly. Only reason I did this because my man, he my mad Clay, this is like my my, my, my manager, like my older brother and everything. He was everything to me, and he kept forcing my hand to do it because everybody want me to get in the podcast.
Speaker 2: And I ain't even never want to do this ship because I'm wonder the people.
Speaker 1: If I see everybody doing it, I don't want to do it, you know what I'm saying. And then then once I see how it skinning, how they the game winners. Like all right, I ain't, but everybody keep telling me to do it. So he was who made one told me to do it. Then he died. He just died, you see what I'm saying. So I'm really doing it for him, to be honest with you. So really the deal, the deal was really all for this nigga, you know what I'm saying. Like he got he got the money, he got half the money and died.
Speaker 3: Contract that'swell to God.
Speaker 1: And I did it with black effect because they are really my family, like with Dolly and Charlemagne. So it's really like a family thing. I do it for because like honestly, I wouldn't even doing this shit if it wasn't for them, honestly, because I post that this this this this show, this ship was three four years old. I suposta have been there this shit. I just ain't did it. But they so cool, They so cool with me, because like this is real like family, family, and that's a good thing because like for for people to be in power to have family and you could do what you want to do, like cause I was fucked up when I got hit by console.
Speaker 2: I was out for like a year.
Speaker 1: So they could have took the money back and everything, but I said, fuck, but they didn't trimp off of it and they waited for me. So really, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Doing it now just because there that's hard. That's beautiful, man, that's that that shit leads to such a render outcome.
Speaker 1: Than then.
Speaker 3: I do everything for bro like I mean, I don't do everything.
Speaker 1: I mean I do everything for love. And the money part it just came natural. I never had to chase money in my life, you know what I'm saying. And I'm blessed like that because I in certain times when I came in the game, when I was younger, so I it just was a blessing. At the same time, I never had to chase it, so I never cared about money like most people do.
Speaker 2: It just naturally came and the business came part of it.
Speaker 1: Just all to just understand the simple shit Like I never complicated my business, you know what I'm saying. I always kept my business simple as fuck, and I always kept my business kind of private too. I don't let everybody in on my business because once you give everybody your business, it's not a big it's it becomes it becomes saturated. Like the podcast business.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying, right, No, yigga, hey, nigga. Right, it becomes very filter like it don't be real, it be scripts, and it just it's kind an extra. Do you think that that improves the outcome? Though?
Speaker 2: As far as what give me what you mean?
Speaker 3: I do you feel like when we be going to like those podcasts and maybe having the scripts and the saying all that shit, like it be better quality or so not really though.
Speaker 1: Cause shit, no, it's like I mean, honestly, when you do the podcast doing I do it for a reason. There has to be a real reason behind why I'm doing it, or I have to be a person that I really fuck with, you see what I'm saying, Like, if it's somebody I really fuck with, I just do them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, because because.
Speaker 3: Podcast where they have a whole script and like the questions written and you gotta like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they doing it's because that's the way. That's the way, And honestly, it's a gift for the curse because I hate that's it seems like that's all that entertainment as far as in as far as our community has gotten to it's just talking you see what I'm saying, and like, I hate like and I hate it because we're doing it right now, just fucking talking. But it's like I hate that this is what has come to, like we do more of this than we do in the fuckingtaining you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So why you niggas ain't rapping right, No.
Speaker 1: For real rapping and entertained performing like niggas. But but see, I'm I started in performing, so it's never I never. I never got out of performing. I always understood the power of it. And now it's got to the point where the audience you can't fool him no more. So you gotta god damn entertained or something. So that's why people like you don't always win, because.
Speaker 2: You have all that all in one.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it really works in my favorite loan run.
Speaker 3: You get it. You're a niggah like bruh that shit. What's crazy is like if you do the entertaining part, you really don't even have to do the talking part, like we do this shit. It's just like you said, you hardly got around to like, alright, I do that, you feel me, but you don't have to.
Speaker 2: My little cousin.
Speaker 1: He like, like I be crying this nigga right, Like he's a perfect example of somebody.
Speaker 2: That he's just so talented. He let his talent do the talking.
Speaker 1: It's like Johana sweet here, producer, you the fuck with him with Kalani.
Speaker 3: I've heard, I've seen it, Yah.
Speaker 1: Caline Taylor Swift. This nigga he Drake, He just on Drake three three songs on Drake abbat everything.
Speaker 3: But like like your nephew nephew or my.
Speaker 1: Cousin, this is like this is like my cousin cousin like from boring, this is like my blood cousin. Like we had like I could, I got pictures in there that I sent it to you whatever. But like he went to Juliard and everything, like he was raised right and he came out right like especial. He came in the girl of your hair because he's like twenty nine to two. So he's the same exact age as Colin, you know all him like so so you can understand what he is. So he came up the right way without doing all the fuckery, and he's exact success. You see what I'm saying. So he's he's one of the people always use as an example of you don't have to play the fuckery game, like and I don't and I don't knock playing fucking game because sometimes that's all you got.
Speaker 3: And but you know what it is, It's like it's how we antiquate success, right, Jahann Sweet is successful, but he's not famous, like and that's what we live in a time where niggas associate fame with success, right, some people would rather be famous than successful, Like some people was like, yeah, that shit kind of always.
Speaker 1: Been like they just got magnified. Is because fame ain't nothing but attention. Like people want attention and attention it feels like love when you ain't used to love. So and that's what and that's all it is. People just want attention. It's as simple as getting a shout out in the club back in the day. That's what social media is now as a shout out. He just feels attention. It's the love and that's what is magnified now. So everybody wants love. They want their more than money. Honestly, you see what I'm saying. So it's it's it's the catch twenty two of everything. So that's why and that's where we are as an entertainment wise. It's like people so trying to chase the tension that we've lost value in the in the in the entertainment, and there's no value in it there because.
Speaker 3: It's you know, you know what's crazy. Cancel culture has showed niggas how much it's attention and how much when a nigga don't love you, that attention can always be swayed. But there's no love in it. And that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: But you have to already be programmed as a comedian. Well, for me, you kind of signed that's what you signed up for to get black ball. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you're a real comedian, if you're really talking about life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like most comedians, you're not really a comedian if you haven't got canceled. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I get canceled. What's some up damn there?
Speaker 1: But I don't think nobody got canceled more than me because I've been canceled for over fifteen for fifteen years straight, you get what I'm saying. So it's kind of comes with the territory. So it's like, but it comes with tough skin. But now I guess the all.
Speaker 3: Of you, like, do you be apologizing?
Speaker 1: Shit, I've never apologized. I've lost millions not apologizing. Ask anybody about me. You better I don't. My My representation speaks for myself. Ye'll tell you about I don't know ship. I still got ship. Now. I can't do nothing because.
Speaker 3: Nig you have.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't recommend doing that with me like what I do, because like I still on the way I say, but I understand what come with it too, So I'm not one of the people that cry and be like, man, they don't fuck with me because it's such and such. It's like being mad at you're offer, not fucking with you. You know what I'm saying. It's like I know what comes with it. You see what I'm saying. So if I if I say, if I say fuck this and I'm not apologized about it. But at the same time, if I if I'm wrong, I can stand a strengthening too. You see what I'm saying. But if I don't feel like I'm wrong, I'm not apologizing, right, you know what I'm saying. But I don't recommend that.
Speaker 3: Nigga. You gotta come to the crib. Please when you out here, just come by the crib.
Speaker 2: I told you I will be up there next week's I mean, yeah, next week.
Speaker 3: Perfect. We gotta lock in after this, we lock You know how nigga be playing ship in the head already. I'm already trying to get you doing sick.
Speaker 1: I got or I got some vibe ship for the backyard that I'm full around entertainer ship. Just give me a give me a drum and a keyboard.
Speaker 2: This we vibe O.
Speaker 3: God, that's that's me. Give me some keys.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, what's your what's your end? Go?
Speaker 2: What's your end? Go?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: And it's two at two parts in the game and in life.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. In life, I just want to die peaceful. And that's not to say not in any type of specific way, but just at at peace. But I guess that don't even matter. I don't know, I don't be I don't be thinking about that ship as much as maybe I should or or so.
Speaker 1: I always always stink at the end and go backwards. That's how you do it. Like you think about that and go on backwards, and that's your life. That's what I did.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I be. I'll be talking about like digging a hole, right, and as you dig a hole, you're like, oh, I put a pool in here. And once you get a pool, it's like, oh, we can add lights around here. But some people just draw up the whole blueprint first and then start that. But but that's that? Does that give you ring to like, yo, your journey to where you are now? Was that a thing? And you and you went backwards?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I knew from day one, Like even as a jit, I always understood, even though I didn't understand the fact, I kind of understood what I was supposed to be. You know what I'm saying, Like I don't like to give my example because it sounds was cliche, but then it sounds like this niggas just think he's just God's give for some ship. But it's just like I really just kind of understood. I had really understanding at a young age, eating like like nowadays, being a entertainer ain't nothing. But when I came up being at saying you it was gonna be a entertainer, especially where I'm from, it was like seeing being an astronaut. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So niggas niggas bar was Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you watched it, but you didn't think you could do it. You see what I'm saying, Like it's just like you didn't understand it. But something in my mind or maybe it's my I always give the credit to my community because they kind of molded me and sheltered me to to make me who I am.
Speaker 2: Who I am.
Speaker 1: Now, that's why I always go back to my community and and try to give back and do whatever I can. You see what I'm saying. So my whole name is my community. My Duval is Duval County, that's the whole city.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy. You've always been a multifaceted figment in my life, like and it's it's really dope because it's very reflective of myself. I've never been able to pinpoint specifically what you do because it's always something different depending on what time we end. And that's really dope. Just that's just a nod. That was just a thought that crossed my mind. I started thinking, I'm like, damn, this nigga do do comedy. He got the.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like what I said, what I say, I see in you. It's like we are.
Speaker 1: We are in one if each other, so we understand each other with because we connect.
Speaker 2: We connect just through just through our DNA, you know.
Speaker 1: That through our hair.
Speaker 2: It is through who we are as a people, and that's what the connection is.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Even if you and it's genuine, you caar what I'm saying. So even if you don't, even if you don't never seen a stand up with me, you see me as as an up.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, especially through social media, because what.
Speaker 1: Most people don't realize, I've been on social media more than anybody. And what we don't understand is nothing been more powerful than social media the last fifteen twenty years. And every morning you wake up, ain't gonna see little Dufo. So every morning, if you're waking up, I'm like your family member. So you was raised with me. It's like being raised on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like people that was raised on Nick Cannon. Like now, people forty years old, they still love Nick Cannon because they was raised on the Knicks. And that's where the can is. With social media and everything with me, it's like you was raised with me through Twitter, through my Space, through Instagram, through YouTube, through comic Youth, through the TV show, through the movies, everything, because I understand, and that's all entertainment, and that's all everybody do. That's all shit you do. You ain't just a rapper, you everything. You're a businessman. You act, you can act at any moment. That's all this whole generation is. That's how entertainment was at one time in general. It just in the eighties it broke off into different ships, but we was always doing everything like That's that's why I call myself Sammy Davis Duval because that's all he did. Everything that nigga saying, dance.
Speaker 3: How much in your life? Now it's ship that you don't do. You still have to do ship that you don't desire to do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you enough. That's a blessing that I've always had. I've always had to let you to do what the fuck I want to do. That's what it's harder for me to try to do. Other ship. I swear to God, I be trying to do like because like I be, like, damn, maybe if I try to, but I'm so programmed to do what the fuck I want to do. I don't know how to do nothing else. I don't know how to I don't know how to feel to myself. That's why always get the lead on social media because I'm so used to do what the fuck I want to do. I can't even do right up, I try, I'm.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's a beautiful to me. It made me think. It made me think of Boozy Boozie gonna always get the leader and rebuild some ship because Boozie not doing nothing but being boozy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, even with me, I'm just who I am because but I've never it's never intentionally like trying to fuck people over, trying to intentionally hurt people are fucking minds off. It's just me being just like and honestly, I'm a reflection of who our whole community is when it comes to social media, because they not only when they flag me or some ship, they really flagg and our die thek on how we talk because that's usually what it is, and and I talk just a reflection of who our community is.
Speaker 3: So you know, so the funny that's true, Like they they're taking intentional things that we just say to each other because nigga, when you come up from here like that's that's how that's ship.
Speaker 1: It's like that comments not if somebody tell me to shut up, they get flagged for telling me to shut up. Well we just you know, we just might man, man, shut up man. But they take it like that because but that's what they always do. They use us to come up on the They've been doing this even before sociid. They use our platform as our culture to build a brand. And once they build the brand, they move on and then ship on our ship. They've been doing that shit. They did that with Fox Network.
Speaker 3: Have you met anyone in your journey that surprised you in terms of who they were, Like they were either way better than you thought or like Nigga, that nigga ain't nothing like y'all think he is.
Speaker 1: It's plenty of that, man.
Speaker 2: Niggas ain't nothing that they think is.
Speaker 1: But as far as I can tell you, the most genuine person in hip hop, dude, that's Snoop. Snoop the most genuine person in hip hop. I think Snoop. I mean as far as the biggest names, but as far as like uh like DJ Pooh, you a genuine good guy. Uh these the ogs timp of genuine t I he's a genuine good guy, but he's like one of them stubboring, like if he love you, he love you want them stubbing good guys.
Speaker 2: But if he's what you gonna rab at that which genuine good guy? Uh shit? Who else?
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to think off the top of my head. My man is just passed clay.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 1: Now it's plenty of it's plenty good people in there, Like it's it's plenty good people. And then too, I can't say too many people fuck you because I don't look for ship out of people a lot. So you can't fuck though, because I'm not expecting ship from most people.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't have the expectations on people, so I rarely, I rarely see the fuck shitting in people like that there, you know what I'm saying. Like, now, there's plenty of people like I see Charlamagne. Charlamagne, he's a different type of motherfucker, like he'll help anybody. Then I was like, hey, man, a niggas he's gonna fuck yo. You're gonna realize dan agn ship. And then nine times out of ten every person I told him what ship and what're gonna fuck him over?
Speaker 2: They end up doing it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But for the most part, shit, who else, it's a lot of It's a lot of genuine people, man, a lot of black genuine women out here. Man. That's that's where you're gonna see most of the black women. They do a lot of They the ones ship on the load that show a lot of love.
Speaker 3: Fact they make shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, man, But yeah, member ship anything else.
Speaker 1: That's the last thing.
Speaker 2: Then we out this motherfucking right because we're ben't.
Speaker 3: Talking though, right.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't do those This another thing I don't like just random just just just rare them, just talking.
Speaker 2: I like to make it make sense, like talking.
Speaker 1: Now two hours I hate, I swear to god, I've never watched the two hours.
Speaker 2: I've never watched the two hour. I've never watched a podcast.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the craziest part, you know. But the thing is like I get it only because one episode. Like I'm a nigga, who right, every time I do an interview, I go in and I take all the pieces I need out of that interview, and it's like if you had one good episode. Nigga, you got about forty fifty clips for the rest of your year. You ain't gotta do ship outs on social media but running fucking clips and run your ad and you know, like you eat, but sometimes it'd be two hours.
Speaker 1: Got played out now because niggas done. Read that ship in the ground.
Speaker 3: Right, you know? Yes? But no, bro, It's funny because earlier you were saying how you was like, you'll see niggas doing shit and you like, I ain't doing that shit because niggas doing it. But really, with your mind, if you see niggas doing ship that's just an opportunity you to be like, I do that shit way better than them niggas because you have you have the actual thing like me, and you have that thing that everybody push Like nigga, we can do what.
Speaker 1: Me and them they say the same thing. But I'm I'm stubborn, but I listened. I listened to certain people.
Speaker 3: So listen to.
Speaker 1: Me only doing it because of them?
Speaker 3: No, but listen, nigga, Look just this talk me and you had on riverside with our blurry screens, and you feel me like nigga, imagine if you somewhere in this same kind like when it happens when you come to the to the yard or we meet and we get the cambrage and shit like, bro, it only amplifies it in the ship that you already do because it's like you already doing it, Nigga. Just just watch.
Speaker 2: You're right, man, you're right. That's God, Man, that's God telling you to tell me, Man, stop.
Speaker 3: Boring, right for real? Because this ship, Bro, we just had a great time and it was short and it's better than that scripted old nigga. This ship was organic as fucked, So it's like if you know you could do it on that level because everybody doing it, Nigga, this shit a wig that was a that was It's a w Nigga. This was great. This is one of my favorite interviews. And we did this ship on zoom with with a blurry screen. Nigga. Nigga broke like a motherfucker, Nigga, like a month when you when it only but it's like it don't even have to be But I get it. I'm gonna always.
Speaker 2: Up with stupid.
Speaker 1: That's my mind.
Speaker 2: Kiss keep yourself for stupid.
Speaker 3: I still record in the crib, but I'm getting to it. It's that point where like, Okay, we gotta maintain what we want, so we do whatever the fuck we won't because I have to do whatever the fuck I want. But it's like, it's like when you gotta go to the airport, you can have a Honda accuratey Yo six pick you up, or you can get a black escalade, and neither of those is really gonna cost you difference when you're doing the ship, you're supposed to do the word. You feel me? So, nick I just already see it because this was a good ass fucking brother. Them niggas don't be having that thing, and so we're flooded with a bunch of amateurs who don't have that thing, who are trying to have that thing.
Speaker 1: But see, that's what honestly, I want when it comes up, when it comes to art. When it comes to art, it's like I need people around me that's gonna make me, make me wanting to give a fuck.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not impressed with.
Speaker 3: Nothing, nigga. That's what I like.
Speaker 1: It's no more because it's like, yes, like the last twenty years and this ain't the shit on nobody movie I can name baby two movies I'd be like, damn, I wish I would have did that. Other than that, ain't no movies made me give a fuck by being it ain't nothing.
Speaker 3: Like no one's crazy though, because we have representations like Charlemagne is a really great representation of a nigga who's been a nigga but at it except like profess like no matter what level he has to do, and he remains in Charlemagne, and that'd be our biggest thing. We were like, nigga, want that shit get there, come it becomes. But like she's saying, if niggas like me and you decided to do it, nigga is a home run because we don't have to do nothing but be us. Everybody else gotta get the lives and they dance and they gotta do all the extra shit. But we don't have to do nothing but be us.
Speaker 1: But you know what's so hard about it? You know, you know it's so hard about it when it's really you, you take it for granted. I'd be taking it for granted sometimes because it comes so second nature.
Speaker 3: Right, and you know I'll be battling with that because I'll be like some days I be upset that everybody thinks, knows and feels like I'm the nigga that I.
Speaker 5: Am nigga that ship some rich like wrong with these niggas.
Speaker 3: Fuck wrong with these niggas.
Speaker 1: So now I gotta come out there and fuck with y'all for real, man, I gotta come out there with y'all for real, for real.
Speaker 3: Please don't please do I'm not gonna I'm not gonna hold you no more, no, no longer. But nigga, just this was great. I feel like we both got information we needed to hear from each other. I'm so bad. Come on, still sharp and still.
Speaker 2: That's the same ship, nigga.
Speaker 3: Sa, Hey, this was dope as fun. Man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: No, but I appreciate you too. Man. But like I say, man, I appreciate you checking in man, Vick, y'all tu and that next time the Black Effect Man, and I'm out this bitch. Thanks for listen to another episode of Conversation with Me, Little Duval.
Speaker 2: We got this bitch.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode of Conversations with Listen to subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast network, iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast. Conversation with Unk Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and our executive producer is Dolly Bishop and produced by Aaron A Keen Howard