Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady.
Speaker 1: I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again with us. We love you and appreciate you as always.
Speaker 2: As always, so much and much muchy M too much. Yeah, there's so much going on in the streets. Not really, I know, this just like a quiet week at least as a you know, recording.
Speaker 1: You never know, the world could blow up tomorrow today, today, I mean, but it's like pretty quiet. I did see. I'm just not really on our list of things to talk about, I'm sure. But like the New York mayor has been indicted on a bunch of like federal charges and the documents are sealed, so we don't know what they're like, what it's about.
Speaker 3: W NBC has reported a long running federal corruption investigation has raised questions about whether adams may oral campaign received illegal donations from the Turkish government. In a video statement overnight, Adams defiant, make no mistake.
Speaker 1: You elected me to lead this city, and lead it I will. So I'm very curious to see if like how this unfolds, because it sounds very shady. Is this part of the Puffy scandal? Is this part of the Didty takedown? Well, according to the world or the people, the TikTokers and the conspiracy theorists, everyone is a part of the Diddy Everyone is about city situation, all of the record executives who step.
Speaker 2: Down, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 1: Anyone who has ever been in a video with Puff Ditty whatever to call him, is part of this scandal. It's like it's the the memes and the videos and the posts are like endless because people are now going back and saying they're like digging up stuff. So I know we're like jumping ahead because we haven't done our shady moment. But like I even saw a clip it was like an old old clip of the Kardashians where Chloe Kardashian was like saying she was at a Diddy party and she was like, yeah, I think half the people there were naked because they were right right right, or like the video is like Puff there, they were the white party, and Puffy's like up on a balcony and it's like, yeah, we got one hour left. He's like, oh, the kid, you got one hour left to turn up and a party because after after, you know, after that, y'all got to go home because the real party starts after that. Yes, yes, it gets it gets turn turned. Everybody is in and their voody hole. Okay, everybody everybody's budio. Yes, And my kids are trying to convince they are convinced, and they're trying to convince me that jay Z and Beyonce are next, not jamb right, And I'm like, according to who? And so you know, they have all these oh my god, if you go down a rabbit hole, it's all these little conspiracy theories about what all.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, why jay Z and Beyonce? Now they're trying to connect Beyonce to Aliyah's plane crash?
Speaker 4: What right?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's insane. But my kids are convinced that jay Z and Beyonce are next, and I told them that it's not happening. Yeah, no, that is not happening.
Speaker 2: Not The Queen Bee can't speak for her husband, but the Queen Bee will always be the Queen Bee. Did we talk about the seven hundred eighty four dildos? Did we talk about that on the last podcast. Way, what seven hundred and.
Speaker 1: Eighty I didn't not hear about that? What robing? Where was this? This is in the indictment.
Speaker 2: You know we have their thousand bottles of loom. They're so confiscated. Seven hundred eighty something dil dos?
Speaker 1: What what are you gril? Is this accurate? Like? Is this fast rule? Yeah? So what now?
Speaker 2: First of all, the lawyer came out and said that the baby oil was because Costco was down the street and you buy shit in bulk.
Speaker 1: Please stop, wait, who's that that?
Speaker 2: Diddy's lawyer said that, yes, because you watch it in bulk because they lived close to Costco.
Speaker 1: That's why they had so many. Where did you keep it? I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Okay, and listen, listen. My intel is sketchy because you know, I'm out the country. But seven hundred and eighty something dill do's was a thing, my quint. I have several questions about the dill dos, Like aren't we if we had a Diddy party and it goes crazy and we had a freak all, aren't the dildo's thrown away? Like why are we keeping these dill doos? Like why those have to be thrown away.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why there's so many, because they're like one and done, because you can't, like, well, it was very disgusting and unsanitary to reuse them, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So everybody's on a slipping slide. Everybody is getting dial doed up, and it's actually starting to turn into a party I would never want to go to.
Speaker 1: It's being a party I would never want to go to. But my question, if there's so many dicks walking around, why do y'all need dill doos? Because maybe there's not Maybe they are. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't even really wrap my head around a closet full of a hundred tipt up like what.
Speaker 1: You might as well manufacture them because you have more than anyone, right you never he might have a secret sex company, like I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He just.
Speaker 1: It's wild. It's wild. I mean, I definitely know we're at the tip of the iceberg. Like once they start going, you know, I don't know, if it goes to trial and all of that type of stuff, I'm sure we're gonna be hearing tons of stuff, illegal stuff, you know. Yeah, yeah, I said it first. There will be no trial. I said it first. Okay. Now let's get into shady moment. Yeah, that's shaky. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go first, because my shady moment is like I'm pistol, I'm mad, Okay, I'm mad at the hurricane. Okay, So Hurricane Helena, Helena, I don't even know what like one that's happening now in Florida, in Florida.
Speaker 1: So I just need to explain how this is like.
Speaker 2: A pinged to my life. I'm still at my work conference. I'm getting blown up by my kids, which is nothing new. But I had to evacuate Grace out of Tallahassee really two days ago.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: I sent her to Hampton because you know, I have a house in Hampton, and she can be with the door. Okay, I can call it Angel, like are you good? She's like, I'm good, and then Angel, all of a sudden hits me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, Tallahassee, the school is shut down until whenever. Oh my god, So do they have to do virtual I don't think they've said that yet. Just right now, they just live in their best life. If you stayed in the school of Tallahassee, they made you sleep in the gym all together and the cafeteria's closed, so what these people eating what? So Grace was like, get me out of here. So she's in Hampton. Angel was good to go, and then she called me and she was like this hutting down the school and so her dad was like, Okay, let's just put you in a hotel with you and your friends in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So I was like, you can just go to Hampton and to be with your sisters. So anyway, she's still in Atlanta because they have no Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: Wow, they have no water and in Atlanta, yes, wow. In the school in Atlanta, Hurricane Helena has messed up to Applecart Like I didn't have to five my kids all over the place. This is a mess. Oh gosh, dang, I didn't know it was heading north. Oh that's wow. So the storm is in Atlanta right now or well, Angel said it's not raining right now, but she has no Wi Fi or water, so that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was horrible yesterday, damn. So yeah, this is this is all a mess. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, right now the shady hurricane in my life is Hurricane Helena. I'm gonna need you to make your way through and everybody like please because they first it was category three, then four, then it was like almost five in Tallahassee.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I want you to make your way on back to the ocean. All right. So I'm looking at it now, so I'm I'll be the fact checker today. So it's Helene hurricane. They're calling it a catastrophic storm. Geez Louise. Okay, so it's category two.
Speaker 2: It means all my kids have to do the electric slide up on out of there.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sucks, that really sucks. But they're safe. We gotta keep them safe, so they're safe. Keep them safe. Oh my gosh, that sucks. So my shady moment. Speaking of keeping or being safe. I one day this week, I left out and to go get a massage. The massage place is like around the corner from my house. So I came home and I walk in and I just smell this like burning smell, and I look in. On my stove is a tea kettle, the burner is on, there's tea kettle on the burner, and there's no one in sight. The tea kettle is bone dry, so it has been it had been boiling for God knows how long, long enough for all of the water to evaporate out of the tea kettle and start burning the actual tea kettle. And I'm like, who is who is boiling water?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: This man downstairs like, oh my god, I forgot Oh no, oh my god. This man downstairs called water. Yes, I'm like, yo, who puts who boils water on a tea kettle? And walks away? He had been burning down the house. Well what a cup of tea? Does here? This for t Yes, this is for tea. This is tea. This is so we burned down the house off a tea over a cup of tea. And then it's so crazy after But he didn't even make the tea. He was just so like like messed up in the head, like, oh my god, I can't believe I did that. I mean, it was like the tea kettle itself started to like I guess it was. It's a black tea kettle, so I guess you let it burn long enough the black starts to come off.
Speaker 3: So like.
Speaker 1: The tea kettles all messed up. It was black, you know, the just all the parts of black everywhere. I was just like, wow, thank goodness, I walked in the house. When I did, I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if it like, what would have happened, I don't know, you know, well what could have happened is like I don't know, might have catch caught on fire, who knows, and Cosa Dixon would be no more.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thank god? Right, So I'm like, never do that again. Never. He was like, oh man, you know, you know he like, he was like he went downstairs to do like one thing and then got distracted and stayed down there.
Speaker 2: Yes, my mother would always say, if you had if the stove is on, you can't leave the wrong No, yeah, well he did, he forgot Thank god.
Speaker 1: I'll walk back when I did, because otherwise we would be recording from like at hotel right now.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, So you got a massage and this happened. Yeah, so you were all relaxed to come home to the house off fire. Oh yeah right, yeah yeah, relax. No more around the corner to getting massage, my house burning down. Wan wan, it's time to take a break, presented by Diet Coke. For the next few minutes, we're gonna tell you how we're taking a break.
Speaker 1: This week.
Speaker 2: It feels like We're always on go, go, go mode now that summer is over and school season is back in full the fact with pack lunches, school drop offs, dorm decord, and so much more.
Speaker 1: When the back to school is this checked off, we find free time to unwind and relax with a crispy diet Coke.
Speaker 2: Ever ending, cool and refreshing taste of die Coke over plenty of ice is the best and only way to relax on any school day.
Speaker 1: So whether we are on the go, recording reasonably shady, or just taking a break lounging around the house, we always reach for a die Coke to quench our thirst. The lovely burn of dia Coke feels crispy and refreshing with every sip. It's just what we need.
Speaker 2: And Ooh, I'm on a vacation right now and all I'm doing is reaching for my Diet Coke. It is my go to drink, especially when I am putting my feet in the sand and basking in the sun.
Speaker 1: We want to invite you to take a break with us and enjoy a break with a dire Coke, a break from the end of the summer or the back to school shuffle. Let's take a break together.
Speaker 2: We hope you all enjoyed that little bit of me time thanks to Die Coke, crispy cold refreshing and a sip of relaxation to remind you, this is my time, this is my taste.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's get into glow thirty. Where we glow thirty? Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. So I just had a big training with my staff, corporate training. Like so went to the corporate location, big big training with my staff. And then my contractor's in there working right now. He should be finished hopefully by monday. Yay, yay, yep. Oh my gosh, I cannot wait. I know, it's a lot. It's like it's I mean, it's exciting because it's just it's a lot going on, you know, with the just trying to finish up the build out and hiring employees and training employees and marketing and so many things, but just so much to learn. But it's been really fun, great experience, and so my space will be ready hopefully next week, and then you know, we'll be getting the space together and then we do some more training in the studio and then we'll do some practice clients and okay, practice media. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then it will be like open open October twenty first ish.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need for everybody to come from you know, east to the west, north of the South. Yes, check out Robin's Glow thirty. I think it's gonna be amazing. I'm excited for you. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's just like I love business and all types of stuff like that, and so it's just been really fun, really great experience. I mean it's it's definitely something new because I've never had to manage employees or manage or have like a physical location, and so that's that's you know, a big challenge. But I'm up for it. And yeah, we've been doing like some pre sales. People have been signing up for memberships already and okay, yes, so love that they're getting in and they're locking in there. They're good discounted rates. So we have a little a founder's rate for where you get your awesome facial for eighty nine dollars a month, so they can get in lock that in for like the rest of their life, versus not locking in where you know, all these businesses you get in at one rate and then they always increase in the price and stuff. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, grandfather does right now y'all need to get in be a founder. Yes, okay, Well I have breaking news speaking of jobs. You know Hoda from the Today Show. I saw that. Yeah, she's going to be leaving. It was such a monumental moment for me when I turned sixty years old because I started thinking about that decade, like, what does that decade mean, what does it hold, what's it going to have for me? And I realized that it was time for me to turn the page at six and to try something new. And they called me.
Speaker 2: They offered me the job, and I'll you know what, I'm gonna be doing the third hour with Jenna really and I told him I didn't want to do like the Newsy stuff because that's not really mean.
Speaker 1: But that's what Holda does. You know that right.
Speaker 2: I'm negotiating my contract right now, excited and I'll be I'll be stepping into that role very soon.
Speaker 1: So very cool with that. Wow, that was really fast that they.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know hook this morning, So y'all stay tuned, stay too, because I'm stay show.
Speaker 1: That would be very funny. If that actually happened, it's gonna be me and Jenna, like we got to do it. I think that even sounds good. It does Jenna and Gazelle. There you go, boom Jenna, Jenna, And they got to give Jenna the first name, like she's got to be first. Yep, yes, give it to her, have it. G Yeah, I'm here for there. Okay, Okay, moving on. Do we have some letters? We have a bunch of emails, you know, we always have emails. Yes, Oh, I want to tell you. Okay, So there's two things that I have done for the first time recently. Okay, like I liked it finally, you know whatever. One of them I want to tell you about. So the first one, I started watching Game of Thrones. Oh right, yes, wait were you watching it with one? We watched the first episode and he fell asleep, and then I just kept watching him, and then of course it's like, oh, are you going to watch without me? And I'm like, you fell asleep. I'm not going to sit here and like wait for you to like be ready again, you know, Like that's that's the hard part about netflixing or like watch like streaming shows with like your partner because you don't want to wait for them now they be falling asleep right yet? Or they you know they're they're on their you know they have their schedule. You have your schedule, and yeah whatever. So started watching Game of Thrones. I don't love it. What okay? Wait? Are you in season one? I'm one season? I just finished season two? Oh okay, so you have Khalisi Kalisi is Yeah, Okay, that's the baddest bitch walkin. Okay, maybe maybe she She's not like there yet. He's not like a major character character right, not yet. She's coming, is she? Okay? So this is my all right, so let me tell you my thoughts. Okay, and I don't want to like spoiler for people who haven't watched, so I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Try to everybody has watched, but you everyone.
Speaker 1: Really okay, every war guy. First of all, I think I'm too stupid watch this show. It's so many people on this show. It's so many plot lines. It's so many families and this and that and the other. And I'm like, what who, what? Huh? What is going on? But that's the whole that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: There's so much going on. There's so many like House of Targarian, House of Blah blah, the White Walkers, that this that that it's it's a lot. It's a lot, and it's I'm maybe a little too stupid for this show. It's too much for me because I'm like, what did I miss? Okay, So that number one, I will be honest, So I will.
Speaker 1: I'll put it on in the bed. Eight times out of ten, I fall asleep on it. Okay, this is not for you. I'm surprised that Winds got into it because there's a lot of violence, and typically guys like the violence. Well it's so it has like that action and the and you know, it's gruesome and the violence and the fighting and stuff. But then it also has like a lot of just moments where it's just like talking and like, I don't know, it's just something about it that it's like a lullaby. For me. It just like puts me to sleep, Like I super heavy, not not Game of Throws is.
Speaker 2: I cannot okay.
Speaker 1: And then so for me, I already had struggle with like period pieces, right yeah, So then they add the fantasy element and that's where I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: But that's the whole thing, like that's part of it, right, because none of this could be possibly true, right we're talking about well, I mean there were dragons back in the day or whatever, but like all the stuff that's happened.
Speaker 1: Dragons, there were never dragons. There were dinosaurs. That's what I mean. Dinosaurs. I'm never dragons. But then the dinosaurs fly, Yeah, but I guess so. But the dragons with the fire coming out their mouth and.
Speaker 2: Stuff, well yeah, no, but that's so good.
Speaker 1: That is like, so I'm like, yes, kill them all. Okay, So so are you telling me I've watched two whole seasons that I should continue to watch three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Oh there it goes to eight, isn't it eight? It was a six? I think they get six. But yes, and now we have John. We have John who's my guy? Snow? John John Snow, what's the point right now? There's no purpose for him. He's in He's in the freaking snow, like he's in the mountains and shit, like, Okay.
Speaker 2: There there will be it's a slow burn. There will be purpose for John Snow. And Khalisien once she gets like and once she gets on the show more and more. It's like I will watch her and be like, I want to have sex with her, but I'm not a lesbian, so it's just like she's something about her that was just.
Speaker 1: Like oh yeah, So it's so interesting to me. Like they made this show knowing that they were going to take their time developing these characters, you know what I mean, Like, how did they know they were going to have enough time to develop these characters because the seasons are only like ten episodes long, because it's books. I think it's books. Oh, it's based on the book. Okay, I think so, I think so. So they knew what they were doing. Yeah, and they slunk this in and I'm sucked. And now I'm on House of Dragons. That's like the pick will that's good. It's not as good. Okay, so that would really put you to sleep. Okay, all right, well I'm not going to watch that. Okay, Yeah, don't skip that. Okay, Yeah, I'm still I'm still in it, Okay. I mean it's definitely impressive, Like there's a high production element there, just like I can only imagine how many people it took to make these shows and how much money it took to meet these shows like, I'm impressed with that part. It's just a lot. It is a lie. But I'm gonna try episode one, season three today. Yeah, okay, stick with it. Now?
Speaker 2: What else did you do that you haven't done before?
Speaker 1: So I ordered stuff from she in Sheen? Is that what it is? Sheen?
Speaker 2: It's called Sheen's. How many I need for you to understand what young people like love?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, Sheen Sheen.
Speaker 5: Over the past few years, one Chinese company has thrived in the online fast fashion industry.
Speaker 2: It's Sheen Shine, I say she's Sheen.
Speaker 5: Sheen is known for two dollars t shirts and seven dollars pants, with prices even lower than its competitors.
Speaker 1: I ordered from Sheen and never again, never again. First of all, how long did it take for you to get it? It didn't take that long. That was okay, it didn't take that long. So I saw. I was influenced by an influencer who was like, yeah, I'm gonna put you on to Machene. They have I guess different little like brands at Sheene or under on the website, right, and so they have one brand that is a Lululemon dupe. So they're like you know all the glow Mode clothing is like Lululemon knockoffs, right, always so good, blah blah blah blah blah. So I was like, okay, let me go get me some mean I'm gonna start here. Like that's easy, I'm gonna start here. We give me some you know whatever, legans, yeah, leggings, casual wear, blah blah blah. Never again never never. It's just like the quality is really low, Like, yes, how much did you pay for? You could probably get the whole rack right everything. Probably you about fifty dollars. I got like ten. I think it was like ten items. I probably spent like one hundred and fifty dollars. That's a problem.
Speaker 2: So my kids, you know, when they get their little money, especially Grace Grace Grace Lava Ga Sheen, so they'll be going on there getting their little their little dresses or whatever. And for whatever reason she does not they think she is like Amazon. She should come to the house the next time and they be waiting on the machine. I'm like, first of all, I'm not looking for this, right for a twenty year old, it's heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they can have it. They can have it, and then it.
Speaker 2: Gets me out of like having to buy them a whole bunch of nonsense, right, so they like they.
Speaker 1: Be wearing sheen out really Oh my gosh, man, some of the other stuff is better. I was just like, but it's just like the way people are like, oh yeah, it's a it's a Lululemon dupe and blah blah. Okay, I think, okay, let me about to much time on TikTok. You on TikTok getting getting like the worst information, right. I mean I have been influenced. I am easily influenced. Like now, say on the flip side, people will actually know sometimes, so like people will post Amazon stuff WoT from Amazon, and I'm like and I'll order them. I'm like, oh, I really like this, and I'll go back and order like more, you know, cause they're that's super cheap or whatever. And it's like a lot of like more like basics and stuff. I did order something from Amazon and it's like cute little tweet vest and when you when I put it on, and it's it's like really cute, but the buttons are plastic, and I was like, I can't get past these plastic buttons. I just can like gold buttons. I can't do it. I don't care how cute this is, I cannot do it. So that's going back. I wonder if you could get seven hundred and eighty something dil Do off Amazon.
Speaker 2: Of course you could, of course I've never looked up dil do's on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Do they sell They probably don't sell like sex products, right, is that like illegal?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if he ever called candy birds, because you know, Candy Burst has her candy coated nights.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he probably bought the whole collection. Why not keeping He's keeping candy of business. Added to a vote, like added to that, he probably says, you know you have like a bank vote that you like, open up? You know he's yes, yes, oh to the candy vault. I know that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because now she's doing Broadway with Denzel Did you see that? No, she's doing Broadway. I think it's a remake of a play. Okay, I think she's directing it, producing, directing. I think she's in it. I hope I'm not making this up. And Denzel Washington is in it? What I'm like, Wow, if Denzel's on Broadway, I'm going yeah that I wouldn't. I mean I went to the whiz that she did and everything. But anyway, Candy has not missed a beat, of course not.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't expect her to. That's awesome. And I wonder how like how she's doing. Does she miss it? Does she feel relieved? Like what is what's her mind state?
Speaker 2: I'm sure she's a bit relieved. I'm not relieved.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you know, cause like yeah, I know mine, I know how I feel so well. I mean like this that the job is stressed. Yeah. Yeah, So to not like have that stress, I'm sure is great. It's very nice. Yeah, experience and saying it's very very nice. Yes, yes, there's that. Anyway, what kind of yogurt are you eating?
Speaker 2: By the way, because I've been on my work trip, I've been eating a lot of yogurt with like berries or whatever in it, And there's a peach one that I eat and a plane. So I did that for a couple of days and then I just started like to hate it.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, so this one, I actually typically don't eat this, but my day got kind of messed up, so I just grabbed it. This is actually one. So this is the Oikos pro. It has twenty grams of protein, so it's it's not even greeky over. I don't know. It's like they put like protein in it. They put way protein in this. Okay, yeah, yeah, And it's not like didn't I give you gas?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh no, never mind. But moving on, all right, So we got a bunch of letters, like we always do, a bunch of emails. By the way, if you want to email us about anything, we talked about email us at What's up at reasonably Shady dot com. Yes, and we could possibly read a letter, but if your letter is crazy, you'll get banned from sending us letters. So just get yourself accordingly. Okay. I don't know. I think people like Dick Hurtz's letter. I'm looking forward to hearing from him again from yeah, okay, okay. So this is in response to our discussion about Kendrick Lamar. Yeah, a couple of conflicting opinions to our boy Darrell again. He said, all right, y'all. So I had to write in because Jizy wants to talk about how Kendrick is hot right now? He isn't I say with I say it with confidence, just like Robin did that. Kendrick is barely eligible in my eyes to even be at the super Bowl. He is only hot right now because of Drake. In fact, I thought I was I thought it was completely disrespectful for a little Wayne to not be the performer. If not Drake, no one else makes sense right now? What is Kendrick gonna do? Perform swimming pools and not like us? Five times? Even my friends annoy me with that because when Drake was losing the beef, they were talking about how Drake was over. But can't even name one Kendrick song? Right, Dezaelle, can you name a Kendrick's song? Yes? What like, exactly exactly exactly? Y'all are straight white men whose girls go to Taylor Swift and Jason al Dean concerts. What do y'all know about rap? Okay, okay, okay, listen wheezy I mean low Wayne in New Orleans. Yes, obviously that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's time for Kendrick to get his shine.
Speaker 1: Let Kendrick have his shine? Why? And honestly, when he was announced, like I remember when Usher was announced as the as the super Bowl performer, it was like my timeline, like my feet. It was like Usher, Usher, Usher performing, Usher performed in Super Bowl. It was like non stop will They announced Kendrick Lamara. It was like I saw like one place and I was it like nobody cares. Nobody cares. Okay, I care, and he's gonna be He's gonna be amazing. Like we all know.
Speaker 2: Kendrick's now rose to the occasion. Give him his his listen, he's on his He's not a one hit wonder, He's not.
Speaker 1: I I have faith in him. I believe in him. I think he's gonna kill it. Dad, Okay, I mean, I'm okay, I'm sure it will be entertaining. But Jirell goes on and has he vouches for Drake. Okay, Drake has had timeless.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to see Drake. Drake doesn't even want to see Drake. Drake is still embarrassed, Like stop, we want to see Drake, We want to see Drake. But Robert, we've seen Drake in concert?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I haven't, Okay, I have. It's a snooze fest. No shade to Drake, but shade. Drake is not good in concert. He stands there and.
Speaker 2: There's just no state presence to him. There's no entertainment factor to Drake, Like.
Speaker 1: He's probably like a little more chill. He's like cool. Drake is like too cool to give you stage presence, to give you.
Speaker 2: Cool, Like call it corny, like Drake your corny and it doesn't it doesn't what do you call it?
Speaker 1: It doesn't compute, It doesn't. When you on stage, the corniness exudes from your body. Probably going to get killed for this, but it exudes from your body, and he wants to see that on a super Bowl stage. Okay, the end? Okay, well can we admit well.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, I feel like Kendrick could do it. Kendrick is I'm sure gonna bring people out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, but he doesn't need to. He doesn't need to. He actually has the stage presence. He probably a stage presence. He probably brings the energy, but he still needs to bring people out. Okay, I mean, I'm sorry Rihanna didn't bring anyone out, and she should have brought people out, right, and she didn't, and we were all bored to tears. Sorry, we welove you, but we're bored. Kendrick's gonna bring Look at the people he could bring out. He could bring out Beyonce, he can bring out he's not bringing out b but he can not so many people, so it's like, come on, now he could. It's Kendrick. We'll see, but we just have to admit that he's only there because of the Drake Beef. Okay, you won't even let me finish reading Darrell's letters, So that's fine. No, Jerrell, we done with you. That's fine. Okay. So on the flip side, Laila says, Hey, y'all love the show listening to this week's episode. While I agree that the Drake Beef made Kendrick a headliner for the super Bowl, he is definitely mainstream. That man knows how to put on a show. Also, he has seventeen Grammy Awards. Lil Wayne has five. Check out his catalog of performances at the VMAs. He has already performed at the Super Bowl when it was in La And did you see his June teenth performance. It was Hella Whites in the audience singing along. If anything, that performance helped propel him to the Super Bowl. Y'all have a great week. So I'm with you. Who was that, Laila? Layla? That was Layla Okay, he needs his time to shine. He is.
Speaker 2: I don't want to use the genius word.
Speaker 1: He's up there. No, I mean when it comes to rapping, he is a lyric He is a lyrical genius. Yes, I still don't know that he's mainstream, but we will see. We'll see, Okay, we'll see. This is just this for you, jes out from Crystal Crystal Lynette. She says, hages l keep being beautiful and don't let anyone get to you. I know you're not a confrontational person, but please don't let anyone play with you. This is coming from a person who likes you a lot, and I'm definitely going to keep it one hundred with you. Oh, by the way, when you come into Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, I'm in Atlanta all the time, but you know my daughter is there. But thank you, Crystal. But if people always say that, like don't let nobody play with you, and like, guys, do I let people do that to me? I'm just you know which, I'll live my life and keep my peace. I can't get involved in y'all's hate of me. Like, if you hate me, that's your problem, it's not'll's problem. Now, okay, So I recently had to do this, Robin. So I want to know if you were an animal, what would it be? Because I have my perfect animal and I did a little research. I was forced to do a little research, and I know my perfect animal. Okay, go ahead, okay, But you did research to pick your animal?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, well it was like forced upon me. But like you know, Okay, I'll tell you mine while you think about yours. Okay.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: A turtle, so.
Speaker 2: What A little hard on the outside, very soft on the inside. I take my time. I assessed the situation. A turtle stands for someone who is in the pursuit of happiness, that is to sell. And I'm very it says I'm also a conversationalist that is to sell.
Speaker 1: So yes, I am a turtle. When is a turtle having conversation?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What kind of conversations have you heard a turtle have? The hell? They stand for a great conversationalist? What what what are you talking about? Well?
Speaker 2: When I did my research, that's what I found. Okay, okay, So what would you beat, Robin?
Speaker 1: I mean, damn, I need I didn't Okay, I need to do research like that and a turtle is slow like you are, not slow. You actually know the turtle.
Speaker 2: Walks slow, and I don't walk slow, but the turtle's always thinking fast. They walk slow, but they think fast. How do we know what the turtle's thinking because the turtle, it's like so necessary for the environment. That's just out right and again so soft and cuddly on the inside and assessing the situation with their little head.
Speaker 1: I don't could another animal. So there's that. Okay, I don't like that animal for you, but okay, and I don't agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, next if you can think about it now, or you can you know, next time we get together, you can let us let the people know what your animal is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna have to do some research on it, because you had to research to know that a turtle thinks fast. Yes, it thinks fast, walk slow. I don't watch slow, right, yeah, and you don't eat slow either.
Speaker 2: Now, so there's that, all right? Okay, Well, well Robin's gonna work on that and get back with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get back to you because because and I need to do my research like I did, because otherwise I would say, well, I would probably want to be like a tiger. Yeah, okay, I like that. Yeah, but I don't. I mean, I don't have like specific reasons for why. Okay, so this email was really nice. She would prefer us to call her by her initials, which are JT. So what's up, JT. I have a bit of a story for you, guys. It's not a reasonably shady moment, but more of higher podcast helped me out in the most troubling time of my life. So I started listening to your podcasts from the beginning when you guys announced your podcast, and I've listened to every episode all the way up to one point fifty, which was the most recent uploaded episode at the time. Anyways, to the story, I was homeless and living out of my car during the wintertime in Canada, so you can imagine how cold it must have been. Very cold. I was sleeping out of a beat up old vehicle that could only transport me from the gas station or the McDonald's, which was five minutes away, so I would literally get gas, load your episodes at the McDonald's, find a cozy place to park that wasn't too far, and fall asleep to your episodes. Sometimes I could only load three to five episodes, so I listened to them on repeat. Your voices are officially engraved in my head. Lol. Thank you for unknowingly being the sliver of hope that I needed to get out of my situation, but yet found me comfort or gave me coort. I'll never stop listening to your podcast, so I hope you never stopped making them. Much love your pal, JT.
Speaker 3: P s.
Speaker 1: If y'all read one more damn email from Muhammad over mine, I'll be living. We love it, but I just love it. It's so sweet, Like that's so sweet. That is really sweet, so sweet, and JT. I hope things are better for you now totally and it is truly a blessing to be able to be a part of your you know, to your life, of your life and to help you, you know, our journey bring better times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope you're in a great place. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if we could be a little bit of inspiration to anyone, JT or anyone, then that's like half the reason why we're here. I mean outside fact that me and Robbins just love to talk to each other, but you also want to be you know, uplifting and just bring a smile to your face and all things.
Speaker 1: So thank you JT all the things that. That was very sweet and thank you for sharing that. We'd love to hear stuff like that. Yeah, okay, so one more. This is from one of our favorites okay, Asia, our friend Asia, not not the Ali Hawkins nicknad. When we read Asia's email, this is not Alie Hawkins family Okay, yes, Asia Gibbs. She said, what's up my favorite rich aunties? In episode Please and thank You, Robin read off a list of nine rude habits that you don't realize you're doing every day. So she wants to add one more. Oh, okay, which is taking a shit and not spraying some sort of air freshener or simply closing the bathroom door right after should definitely be on that list. Only is it rude, but it's also disgusting. The people in your house do not want to smell what you just let out wq F angry emoji, angry emoji, angry emoji very true. Okay, So many things to say about this, okay. So, and I think we talked about this before, Like you know, obviously Rob and I have had producers in our house or whatnot, and If you go pee, it's ten to one.
Speaker 2: If you go poop, it's ten two. I have told all them you cannot tend two in my house. No, because they have ten two in my house, and it was they've blown my house out.
Speaker 1: Right, And I'm like, well, no, we're not doing this. I'm not doing this. So no, no ten two in my house.
Speaker 2: And if I'm ever getting married again or living with a man, we will have separate bathrooms on separate floors.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I want no parts. Yeah, it's I would I would love to have separate bathrooms because it's like, yeah, yeah, some I feel like I don't smell as bad as you know other people. I'm just like, oh my god. Like and then so he'll use the bathroom while I'm like taking a shower, and I'm like, no, no, no, you want first of all, you're in this shower. You want peace, right, Like the bathroom it's just like a peaceful place, right, And he's in there taking a shit, like, no, no, go to another bathroom.
Speaker 2: Y'all got plenty. I've been to your house, So go to another bathroom.
Speaker 1: But then he wants to talk, he want to talk. He I'm like, no, kill me, Dave, I know, but I have learned like perfume is covers up the smell better than like air freshener. Okay, I think spring perfume is better. And then using the fan, people should turn the fan on, of course, yes, but but spring perfume sometimes the air freshener almost makes it like worse. I don't know, you know what I'm saying, Like it like magnifies it somehow, kind of like it travels with it or yeah, yeah, yeah, like perfume. But anyway, yes, Asia, we agree no to wine. Not that he's ever going to hear this. Go somewhere else in the house. Let Rob and have her bathroom time while.
Speaker 2: Having conversations while you're sitting on the toilet.
Speaker 1: I know, Oh my gosh. And I mean, you know, but everyone, no one in my house has like boundaries, Like I'll be in the bathroom on the toilet and my kids just walking in and out, and you know, like Corey will literally be in the bathroom bouncing a ball like dribbling a basketball while I'm toilet taking it dump like it's like a like Christian basketball. But I'm like, I'm like, why are you really doing this right? Now, Robin, you need to leave.
Speaker 2: You need another house. I want you out of there.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's too much.
Speaker 2: Mayn nonsense, it's crazy. Burning up tea kettles. Yeah, taking ships while I'm in the shower, I would like.
Speaker 1: But you're used to it.
Speaker 2: I would literally I would divorce one. I would kill him. I shoot him in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: I would just kill you. Like, I know, it's a lot, it's a lot dealing with it. It's a lot three males, Yes, but I look at it like, oh, they love me, like they want to be around me, and one day they're not going to be here anymore. So that's true, you know, And I just kind of let them, let them do it because one day, especially the kids, like, yeah, it looks like like co sixteen years old and he still wants to be in my presence, whether I'm on the toilet or not. So you gotta you gotta get it. And where fit's it? Yeah, Yeah, I take it. I'll take it how I can get it.
Speaker 2: Oo.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, on that note, we're out of here. We have got to go. We love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: You'll ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or Shady.
Speaker 1: We're Bold by Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Affect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.