Speaker 1: We'll type everybody, welcome to the live podcast. This is always interesting when we do it. I don't know, we've done it four or five times live, and I think it's cool this way.
Speaker 2: It's cool to do it this way.
Speaker 1: And I'm actually watching the feed from my iPad here on the table, and I forget that we're lagging.
Speaker 2: We're lagging. We're lagging a bit. That's why I started a little bit late.
Speaker 1: We got Parker with me, my brother, We've got aunt Man with me. We're here to answer your questions. If you have a question, you could do a couple things since it's live, but you could email podcast at grangersmith dot com. We'll put that in a queue, and you can also a message right here on this chat. So I've see we've got Nanny d is here, We've got Ricardo, We've got Reagan and Anna and Kathy and Dwayne Son and Daniel Morris and Reagan Mundy and Sean Rhodes. A whole list of people are here with us. And so thank you guys. Anna says, good morning and blessings from Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic. I really love listening to your podcast episodes. Thank you Anna so much. This is something we do every week as we answer your questions. And really what we could do is we could answer any question you have about life or love or religion. In fact, a lot of them tend to be trending towards religion.
Speaker 2: Over the last year or so, they do.
Speaker 1: But what we're going to do is what do you remember the title I gave you for this podcast?
Speaker 2: Yes, deep State.
Speaker 3: Is changing the Bible.
Speaker 2: The Deep State is changing the Bible. It's our title, Parker. That's what we're gonna be thinking about.
Speaker 1: So the discussion as we can move this chat towards that, the thought is this has the Bible changed? Can we trust it? Here's why I'm saying this. This came from a message I got on my YouTube channel from a podcast I did with Marshall, my pastor to Mais Marshall, and I did an episode about Trump. Did God Save Trump?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Someone messages to that to Marshall, and I says this quote. Just to be clear, I'm not looking for an argument. I believe in something, but I don't know what it is, you might say.
Speaker 2: He says, the.
Speaker 1: Good Book has been changed so many times over the years. Parentheses just cross reference a really old book with a modern day book. So my question would be, is someone manipulating a genuine book. I think he's talking about the Bible here, obviously for potentially the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And then he says, I.
Speaker 1: Hope there is because there's a few people I'd like to see again. I think he means to say, I hope there is a God, or I hope the Bible is true because there's a few people I'd like to see again.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: So the reason I wanted to talk about this, and the reason I said deep state, is because there's this idea that there's an entity out there, there's a group or a person that is beyond. It's bigger than the government, because it wouldn't be Joe Biden doing this. It wouldn't be the American government. It wouldn't be the King of England, it wouldn't be even Constantine, the Emperor of Rome. It has to be bigger than that, because it's manipulating the world. Otherwise someone would catch on to it. This is all theoretical, but there must be somebody changing the Bible, this guy says, and I think it's a it's an argument that first of all, will completely squash, But second of all, I think it's it's a good first thought if you're thinking about these things.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of conversations about deep state and what the deep state is or who the deep state is, especially around election time, there's always that conversation around this nondescript deep state. Who are they? In fact, I just saw in my feed on YouTube this morning something about deep state, and I don't know if it's because I had just entered all the information in for this live so it caught keystrokes and started serving me deep state stuff. But for it to lead to this seems seems about online it does changing everything else, Why not the Bible?
Speaker 1: So Jan Conley says, the Bible doesn't change. People try to change it. God is constant. Anna Mendoza says God is the same God from the Bible because he's the everlasting one. And then there's some discussions. Christy says the word of God does not change what the fluff says. There are so many manipulators now, and so to that to these people, and you know, we're kind of jumping in on this discussion.
Speaker 2: We say, yes, but.
Speaker 1: How do we know that practically, Like Jan says, the Bible doesn't change change. People try to change it, but God is constant. And then Anna says, God's the same God from the Bible. Okay, but how do we know that. Let's get let's get some practical reasons how we could know that. And let's use this episode of this podcast, at least the first half before we answer questions, so that we could have a basic apologetic and that apologetic, that word means defending, so we could defend the faith, not in a military way, but with gentleness and respect. Let's defend, like Peter said, the faith. And we could do this in really easy ways. So let's talk practically. Let's see if anyone else has chimed in on this. Aslan Rising says, the devil has been twisting God's words since the garden and since we were born.
Speaker 2: Of our father.
Speaker 1: The devil, those outside of Christ will seek to distort God's word and this includes making false translations. Okay, so let's talk about false translations. Twenty twenty four is a wonderful time to live in any religion. It's a wonderful time to live because we have the Internet. We could research things, we could we could look to, we could look at history, we could look to recent discoveries of ancient things better with more knowledge and more efficiently than any other generation before us.
Speaker 2: What a time to live.
Speaker 1: There's also a lot of responsibility on us because now we've been given a lot of information. What are we going to do with this? But here's the deal, y'all. It boils down to this. Translations. Modern translations, good scholarly modern translations are derived from early ancient text. They're not they're not. It's not a game of telephone. You don't have the the KJV and then was revised into the whatever. Then then that was revised into the whatever, and then they use that to revise it into the whatever. Now, modern scholarly translations always will use a team of scholars, and they go back to the oldest manuscripts that we have, which are the fourth century and the three hundreds are our earliest manuscripts. And then we have fragments of manuscripts all the way from the first century. So if a in these fragments are from all over Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa. So when we get these fragments, and we could look at them today and we could match them to the early manuscripts, the complete manuscripts we have from the fourth century, the Alexandrian text, or the oldest we have. They were discovered in the eighteen hundreds, so it's a more recent discovery than even the King James Bible. Right, so we and then we look at it, and what a miracle to look at the Alexandrian text and then look at the King James and go, oh wow, we haven't lost any doctrine. These old manuscripts are still they're still matching up to the oldest ones. We have the text Us recept Us, which is where the King James was derived from. And so when we look at these, no doctrine is lost. There are words here and there, there are verses. So in a modern English translation sometimes like the EESV, you'll see a verse that's not there that is there in the KJV. And some people use that and they go, Sae, look that people are trying to deep state change change the Bible. But what's what's actually happening there?
Speaker 2: And if you have a good if.
Speaker 1: You have a good Bible, it should say earlier. It says earlier manuscripts. Earliest manuscripts have left out and then it says the word or the line that you might see in for instance, the KJV, and so you could take it or leave it. None of those times does it ever say something that changes something about who God is. It's something, it's just something more trivial. But what they're trying to do is they're trying to go I think this was added later. I think this was added in the tenth century. But for clarity, some monk, some scribe added a line for clarity for the people of that village. An earlier manuscript doesn't have that clarity. So let's trust the earlier manuscript. That's my thinking. Let's trust the oldest collection of manuscripts that that all test to each other. But then you could look at the added line from the scribe and you don't have to just say it's heresy or anything. But I'm trying to debunk the idea that, yes, the Bible does change. But my argument is it changes for the better. Sure, because they're making more recent archaeological discoveries, which we have twenty over twenty five thousand pieces of the Bible that date all the way back to the first century. So anyone that wants to say a deep state's changing it, the Bible's changing. There's a conspiracy that people. All you gotta do is go, let's go to a local museum and let's pull out the Greek translator on our phone and as look at these ancient texts and see if John ten is the same as the John ten we see in her Bible. It's that easy in twenty twenty four, Parker, you got anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's something that's really important to consider. And I'm glad that people are even thinking about it and talking about it, because it's really easy, especially us being in the Bible Belt, to just affirm, to affirm the Bible or God without looking into you know, what am I reading and where did it come from? And do I have an answer for people who like, there are it's not just have blind faith.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: You know, there are his you know, reliable historical documents that backscripture. And that's one of the things that early in my in my becoming a Christian in twenty twenty one, that I couldn't I couldn't believe how many intelligent people, how many historians affirmed the Bible, the God of the Bible. I always thought it was anti science, anti history. And I remember hearing Tim Keller one time and he said, there's a million things you could argue about the reliability of scripture, of things that you think may think contradict of things that you may think don't work with our practical world. But he said, I challenge you to just do three things. To Number one, just look at the gospels. The Gospels are about the life of Jesus Christ, and you need to ask yourself, can I trust these gospels? Who wrote these and when? And can we just practically trust who wrote these? And if the answer is yes, then that means that what's in Matthew Mark, Luke John is history. Is it reliable, who wrote it when? And if you can affirm it yes, this is history, then you need to make a decision about who is Jesus claiming to be. When you read Jesus talking about himself, who is he claiming to be? Is he just a prophet like every other good religion says, or is he claiming to be the son of God on whom he bore the sins of the world of those who had trust in him and he's the only way? And then number three, you have to decide. So number one, are the Gospels historically reliable? Number two? Who is Jesus claiming to be? And then number three, what's my decision going to be about him? Am I going to follow him?
Speaker 3: Or am I not?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: So that that's just like a really good practical way to think about it, because it can be really overwhelming, but I think you described it really well. And then and then lastly, I'll just say a really good resource for that. It's a book called Can We Trust the Gospels? It's just called Can We Trust the Gospels. It's a really short read, and from my mind, I'm sure everybody's different. I love listening to like like you and like aunt historians practically talk about these writings and where they came from and if we can trust them, because if they're true, just really practically, then Christianity is true and we should we should make a decision about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're so right. The I saw one on here, Oh Joe, Joe, Mama says, my Bible says a king it's King James version, but inside it says translated by Prince James. That's don't know what that is, but you should throw that Bible out King James didn't translate anything. He did commission a group of scholars to work on translating from the Latin. And so if we should, we should live in twenty twenty four and rejoice that we have access to all kinds of really really solid information. And like Parker said, it's just it shouldn't be a mystery. But yet you should question those things. I think it's really good that it would be really weird to just go I trust this, why because everyone says to trust it. No, we could actually know some things that The History of the Bible Museum in Washington, d C. Has some really good, some really good fragments of text that's just fascinating to stand there. It's from the Book of John. I think it's I think it's John eight. I can't remember, but the one that's currently on display in the History of the Bible Museum, it's a fragment from John eight. And there it is right there in the Greek and you go and you could look at your phone and look at a translator and go, that's the same. That's the same as we have today. That's a miracle we have.
Speaker 3: We have some missionaries at our church that are currently translating the Bible into a language that it has never been translated to. So they kind of spoke recently of how they're doing it, and it is literally word for word, line by line. A couple people will be assigned to a certain section and they'll do that, but then that section goes to several other people who double, triple, quadruple check line by line, word by word, chapter by chapter, book by book, and it's I mean, it takes forever. And think of how how quickly it actually is in twenty twenty four with all the resources that we do have. It makes me appreciate the ones who came before them, and I obviously appreciate them doing this right now. To know that there's a language right now that doesn't have the Bible and there they've been called to do that, I thought was fascinating to kind of hear how, even in this day and age, how meticulous they are with making sure that every single word is right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Aslan Rising says, it's important to distinguish between changing of translations and the changing of the original text, and yeah, that's a great point because when you when you say that the Bible is the Word of God. We say amen, but what we mean is the inspired word of it from the original authors, not whatever current translation you're holding, because you could actually be holding a heresy translation. I highly discouraged. The passion translation highly trand the message message, the message.
Speaker 2: Is another one.
Speaker 1: I'm highly discouraged. And especially if it comes the translation is coming from one person. That's that's a big it's a big red flag right there. So you don't hold the message and go, this is the word of God the Bible. Only half of what you're saying is true. Asland makes a great point that we're talking about the original inspired word of it. Now we also have great evidence that that that word has been preserved. And besides the fact that God says his word will be preserved, we actually, we actually have great history of showing how this is working.
Speaker 2: And where are we on time? We're about twenty minutes in.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do you want to you want to read a word from the sponsor and get to some questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to say that over the years, if I look all the way back to the to two thousand and two when I first started grangersmith dot com, I never would have known that I would need an e commerce company to go along with that. In fact, there there are there's there's so many times I look and I go, I just want to be creative. I want to I want to be able to support the podcast. I want to be able to sellygee apparel, but I don't want to deal with the mechanics of that.
Speaker 2: And that's where comes in.
Speaker 1: And whether you are just now starting a process of having e commerce or a store, or whether you're a pro edit already, Shopify is a global commerce platform to help you at every stage of your business, from the very beginning to the hey, I think we're doing really good stage, and that that doesn't matter if you're selling scented soap or EEE apparel. Shopify helps sell everywhere, from their all in one e commerce platform to their in person pos system, whatever and wherever you're selling, Shopify has got you covered. They turn browsers into buyers with the internet's best converting checkout thirty six percent better on average compared to other leading e commerce platforms, and you could sell with less effort thanks to shopify Magic, your AI powered all star so Parker and I and Tyler have used at ee apparel Shopify for many years now, just taking all the worry out of the credit hard taking the click process that we have to do. And that's not just us, So it's not just ee Apparel. Shopify howards ten percent of all e commerce in the entire US, and Shopify is the the global force behind over one hundred and seventy five countries and their e commerce. So they also have an award winning help that is there to support you in every step of the way because businesses that grow grow with Shopify. So sign up for a one dollar per month trial period at shopify dot com slash granger all lowercase. Go to shopify dot com slash granger right now to grow your business. And no matter what stage you're in shopify dot com slash granger, We're going to answer some questions here and if you want to get a hold of me, you could email your question to podcasts at grangersmith dot com. If you want me to send you a video message, I could do that if you go to cameo dot com slash granger Smith and I literally will have my phone and send you a video message to whatever happy birthday, happy anniversary, whatever you want that to be cameo dot com slash Grangersmith, and yes, sir, I'm going to get to some questions. In fact, I'm going to leave this run. I'm going to leave the YouTube going so I could also see what people are.
Speaker 2: Saying in the chat here.
Speaker 1: But ant Man has kind of fielded these questions from the podcast at grangersmith dot com email. The first one comes from Jacob and it says, Hey, granger I'm glad to have the chance to send this to you. A little overview of myself. I am twenty two years old, a native of Texas, and I've been in the United States Marine.
Speaker 2: Corps for about three years.
Speaker 1: I've always considered myself a Christian, but recently I've had life situations that have challenged my faith, such as the depths, the deaths of four of my marines and a buddy from back home in a car accident, and less than a year five friends have already passed away. Just a few days ago, my mother received a breast cancer diagnosis. I think everything going on has waken me up and away and showed me how much of life as a gift and that it really can be taken away in an instant. I've been pushing myself to read the Gospel and understand more. I finished the Gospel of John and now reading into Matthew. I know God is there, but I feel like my faith has been going up and down.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling.
Speaker 1: How do I hear slash, feel the Lord more and find the right direction. If you see this, thank you. I've been a fan and I hope your family's doing well.
Speaker 2: Jacob.
Speaker 1: All right, Jacob, So you emailed at an interesting time because Park and I are reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer that addresses this exact question, what do you do when your faith seems to be going up and down? I have I'm going to be bringing a message to Pensacola Sunday night. It's like they're calling it like a fall kick off. It's the first Baptist Pensacola, and I'm gonna I'm gonna bring the message of Basically, it's I'm gonna tell my story, and I have three points in my story, which is gonna be a devastating day and the farious night in Americle morning. And then from those three points in my story, I'm gonna go into three calls to action for me and everyone else every other Christian, and the three calls to action are going to be surrender, equip, follow, surrender, equip follow, And so basically the way I want to unpack that is kind of like you're asking this question, Jacob, what do you do when life's coming at you. You realize the the how fragile it is. Your mom just got this cancer diagnosis. You've got buddies that have died in the Marine Corps. You recognize that life's a vapor. You recognize that they're something else out there. There's there's more to this life than live and die today. And so you rightly so push yourself towards the gospel, thinking that you're going to equip yourself and understand more. And you read the Gospel of John. Now you're reading Matthew with the idea of equipping. So that's equipping and and that's that is your training. The Bible says that all scriptures breed that by God and profitable for training in righteousness, so that the man may be they may be complete equip.
Speaker 2: For every good work.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's good, but but so many times the component the call to action that's missing is follow. Jesus calls all of his disciples the same way. Follow me and they drop their nets, they leave the tax booth, whatever they're doing at the time, and they take a step in obedience. And the step in obedience is faith. It's the display of faith. Faith and faith is an action, not a noun. So taking the step of faith, taking the step of inobedience is faith, just as faith is a step in obedience. Those two things go hand in hand. So if you stand in on a crossroads like you are, Jacob, and you're going, I'm equipping myself. I've surrendered to Jesus, my Lord, what do I do? And to that, Jesus says, just like he said to the disciples, like he said to the rich young ruler, he says, follow me. So you read his gospel. And as you read the Gospel of John, and as you read the Gospel of Matthew, like you're doing, my challenge to you is read it and do it. This is love that you keep his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. John says, So don't just read, don't just equip. Read and equip with the intention of doing, because in the doing, in the obedience, it is faith. In fact, Bonhaffer, Dietrich Bonhaffer, who park and our reading?
Speaker 2: You're still reading.
Speaker 1: He says something fascinating. He says, obedience. The step in obedience, the answering the call, makes faith possible. And that's a fascinating thought. And so then I think about we went to eastern Tennessee and my kids were doing this ziplining through the forest. And when you stand up on that platform and you look out into the trees and you see this just vast open space, and it's terrifying. And you look at your harness, and you look at the rope you're in, and you go, that doesn't give me enough faith. There's only one way to have faith in a zipline, only one way to take this step and jump off the platform, throwing all your weight into that line. And then you look up and you go, I believe.
Speaker 4: I'm believe.
Speaker 1: I believe now I have faith. Now the obedience makes the faith possible. So Jacob read Matthew like you're doing, and then do it what you got.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you, Okay, so what's your practical advice for Jacob when he wakes up tomorrow morning? He wants to feel God more God feels distant, which is pretty much the trend that I hear almost every other day.
Speaker 2: It seems like.
Speaker 4: Once you're a little bit more vocal about your Christianity, people then start coming to you, especially in the South, like I keep saying, where most people affirm the existence of God. But then there, you know, some life circumstance happens. They get fired, there's a divorce, what a good friend passes away, some trial happens, and they start considering their own death the meaning of life, and they're like, yeah, I believe in God, but like he feels distant.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: They listen to every Morgan Wallen song that says I know I should be reading those letters and read more, but you know, I'm out on Saturday night, you know, doing this or that, and I know I should be the up early on set Sunday mornings more. But it's so anyway, all that to say is, yeah, I just feel like that's a really common trend of people listening. They're like, yeah, I get it, I believe in God, but like I don't really feel it. So, like you said, I think that's good practical advice of Like, typically what I do to people these days is like I go to John three and I read about Nicodemus meeting with Jesus in the middle of the night, and then they're talking about the Kingdom of God and salvation, and Jesus says, you must be born again. And I think that that's where it starts. Is we have to ask ourselves very practically, what is a Christian? How do you become a Christian? And then what does the Christian life look like? And I think what you said is important. It's like, yeah, you need to be obedient, you need to listen to the Word. And then another real sense, you need to ask yourself have I been born again? Which is the really uncomfy religious question that no one likes to talk about, but it's what the scripture says. You must be born again. You need a new heart in order to enjoy and read the word of God, to enjoy church. And God will give you a new heart if you surrender to Him and put your faith in His son for the forgiveness of your sins. And he says that he'll give you a new heart once you seek refuge in Christ, knowing the wrath that you deserve. You deserve hell, but in his mercy he sent Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the gospel. What do you got to ant on?
Speaker 3: This's what's the Indiana Jones movie where he can't see it, just a pit that goes all the way down. But when he takes a step, he finds himself last crusade, Last Crusade. That's what I visually see when we're talking about faith and faith, and particularly faith in action, practical faith in action. It's a step in the into the unknown. It's a step into what doesn't feel comfortable. And oftentimes I think, like for Jacob who he was, was do and then reform. Do first put your faith in action. And it's going to be like a toddler learning to walk.
Speaker 2: You're going to.
Speaker 3: Trip, you're gonna fall, you're gonna stumble, you're gonna look like a fool. And if you can get past that, the more that you do, the more you will start moving. It just just naturally move into what God has for you. But it often takes you doing something in faith before. If you sit and you talk about it for so long, you just sit and talk about it, and there's never there's never but faith with that works. There's a Rich Mullen song a long time ago. Faith with that works is like a screen door on a submarine. It's useless, it doesn't work. And so that's often what I think being practical with our faith is, well, I don't know are you doing anything? If you're not pick something and do it doesn't have to be in line with YEA.
Speaker 1: So people might be saying like what, Well, yes, you could start with uh coveting with a local body, meaning being in a meaningful relationship or a meaningful membership at a local church. That's a that's a good step towards obedience. You could you could start reading, making a consistent reading plan, picking up where you left off yesterday, so that you could be equipped for every good work that is prepared beforehand for you. That's a good step and obedience. And then you could start looking. You could start looking at your friends and realizing that being around bad company and he corrupts good character. So you go, okay, I'm not I'm gonna need some new friends, but that that comes from the meaningful relationship at the church, so that we could sit here for and give a quickly give a hundred things to act as a next step and obedience. And we think about Peter when he was on the boat and the sea was raging around him, and he sees Jesus in the dark walking on the water. Peter stands up and says, Lord called to me, and I'll come to you.
Speaker 2: Jesus says, come.
Speaker 1: So Peter has a choice here, stay in the boat or take a step into what would be surely death without faith, into a raging sea, probably had no ability to swim.
Speaker 2: He's gone.
Speaker 1: He takes the step and obedience towards Christ from the call, putting the emphasis on the call of Christ, not on his own effort or courage, not his own bravery. That he's putting his faith in. He's putting his faith in the one who called him to step and steps and he walks on the water. And as soon as Peter hits that water and it's it's hard, and he walks on it. You know, at that point he said, I believe there's my faith. The step made the faith active. No, we know later in the story he loses his his eyesight, he loses his vision, and he starts to sink. But but the important part is it took it required the step. So Jacob, Jacob take the step, and then let's move on another question because I want to I don't want to sit too long on Jacob and you let me know if.
Speaker 2: Do you want to take one from here? Yes, there's we do have one.
Speaker 3: It'll take a second for to pop up for you. But Techonator thinks it's from.
Speaker 2: Read the question to me. What you got? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, hey Granger, I appreciate your videos each week. Had a question about your recent comment on the Sabbath being on Sunday versus Saturday. Could you expound on.
Speaker 1: That, Well, this this could be its own podcast, and maybe it should be one day. But one thing one that's really really neat to see now is, first of all, we know that the Lord was resurrected on the third Day, which was a Sunday, and Christians look at that as instead of a Sabbath day, we look at that as the Lord's Day, meaning it is the day of the Lord, it is the day of renewal. There's freshness in a Sunday, it's the beginning, just in representation of the new beginning of the resurrection. But besides the symbolic meaning of Sunday gathering, because I don't necessarily we have to say Sunday is the Sabbath. I think we could get a little bit into trouble with that because the Sabbath was clearly Saturday.
Speaker 2: In the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: So if you go to Jerusalem right now, it's clearly Saturday. Yes, So our sabbath rest is Jesus, who says, come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. I'll give you rest. Rest in me. I am the rest that you need. I am the Sabbath. So for Christians, Jesus is the Sabbath. Once again, it would take a whole podcast to unpack how we can't just skirt around that and just and act like that requires nothing of us, because the Sabbath was a wonderful thing that required a lot from the people to show sacrifice. Let's not get into that. Let's do the quicker answer is, as we look back on church history, all the way back to the first century, Christians were gathering on Sunday morning, all the way back to the apostle John himself, who is the old Elder, the one that we believe actually set the Church as we know it in motion with a reading of scripture, an application to the hearers, the breaking of bread, the taking of the sacraments in wine and bread, and baptism as well, all that was done on morning. We read from John excuse me, from Justin Martyr, who was one of the earliest to write about the Christian gathering, and it was a Sunday. So we look back and we go It's always been done on Sunday, even back to the apostle John himself who walked with Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should do it on Sunday.
Speaker 1: In the discussion at that point, we could open up another podcast episode if we want to get more into that.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Though, it's a great question.
Speaker 1: It kind of goes back to the theme of this podcast about can we trust the Bible. We shouldn't just go I gather on a church on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Cool. I'm good with that. We should say why.
Speaker 1: I think it's healthy to say why.
Speaker 4: Why do we do it?
Speaker 2: Why do we do it this way?
Speaker 1: It can get us into a lot of trouble if our answer is always just just tradition, I don't really know why.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can, and you should know why. There's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: We have time for one more.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do it?
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 2: From the Rosy.
Speaker 1: This comes from Anonymous. Thanks for your amazing podcast. I'm so thankful for the truth that you put out each each and every week. I love Yegee merch and I bought this summer launch. I thought I would start my question with some context. I am a high school senior and I'm needing to decide where to go to college. My two choices are both in Oregon and both have my major have a major of ag science. One is an amazing Christian school with a great program, but very expensive and will leave me.
Speaker 2: With a lot of debt. The other is a less.
Speaker 1: Expensive university, but non Christian. I also would quite possibly be open to a relationship possibility for me with a great Christian guy who doesn't want to be doing long distance. Now, my question is how do I decide where to go when both options have tempting choices and the one option breaks down a relational barrier? Okay, which one is got the non Christian guy? Which one's got the great Christian guy? I should say, Oh, that's the non Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's the non Christian school as the Christian guy.
Speaker 1: Anonymous wants to go to school with this guy, Hey, there's nothing and there's technically nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The just because a college calls themselves a Christian university and they're very expensive does not mean this is where God's calling you to go at all. And there there was just as much debauchery in a college that calls themselves Christian. What what do they mean by Christian? What kind of what? What kind of heresy could they be hiding within those Ivy League walls?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I say, I would say, go make the sensible decision to go where you could afford, where you don't get into incredible debt. You're going to get a sounds like a solid education with the major you want. You may even be able to be in some kind of relationship with a with a good guy, and they're going to have a good church in the town. With the non non Christian college, I don't see anything wrong with that. Yeah, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else on that? No?
Speaker 1: I agree, let's grab one more shout out here from these people. We have anything anybody else that? Hey, I appreciate all you guys being so involved in the chat. It actually makes it makes for a really cool experience for me doing this podcast. Just once again if you're if you're listening on the regular podcast platform. We actually did this live and so it's neat being able to involve involve everyone else as well. And do you have any idea when we'll do another live?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably what are we in? One month in August, so we'll probably do it maybe around the Fall launch.
Speaker 2: Okay, September. When's the Fall lunch part September?
Speaker 4: Sometime around September twentieth.
Speaker 1: Give us a shout out for a gee aparel And what you're working on right now at the forum?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, we're working on a bunch of different stuff. We always got stuff, stuff rolling, we're working on. We've got a blue collar launch coming up soon that's always fun, and working on Fall launch, which is always the biggest launch of the year. We got really custom premium hoodies that we're working on this year. And yeah, Tyler and I are just working super hard, trying to make sure that business is healthy, trying to hold it all with an open hand, and yeah, working on growing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: Best thing you all have done yet. The Essential three pack.
Speaker 2: Essential three Pack?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: YEAHU dot Com? Yeah all right, sorry, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, for those wondering what that is, that's a three pack of T shirts that we made. That's just like really subtle design. It's just a blank front, blank back, but it's just got yeee on the sleeve, and it's three shirts at a discount, So that's what it's talking about for those like what the heck is that.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys next Monday. Y'all.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining me on the Grangersmith podcast. I appreciate all of you guys. You could help me out by rating this podcast on iTunes. If you're on YouTube, subscribe to this channel, hit that little like button and notification spell so that you never miss anytime I upload a video. Yii