Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: You know, quite frankly, if you ever do anything on accident that leads to a police officer falling over, even if you had nothing to do with them falling over, it's time to leave. It's time to go, even if all you did was make a joke.
Speaker 3: This is it could happen here Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling of our world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today. I'm joined by James Stout, Mia Wong and Robert Evans. This episode recovering the week of October first to October eighth.
Speaker 4: That's right, baby, Brian, big deal day as yeah, October seventh, eighth in history, the first week of October, you know, October Gloctober.
Speaker 2: I mean, who doesn't love a good block Not in California, California doesn't love a good glock.
Speaker 5: Gavin Usome in the California Let's.
Speaker 2: Javin Newsom doesn't love a good glock. I mean, honestly banned them. Bretta fans don't love glocks. Still sore about that.
Speaker 5: Big guys, the surviving sig guys.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's roughbying a sig. Guy out there these days.
Speaker 5: It's got to be tough. Yeah, well, that's why we're selling armored box of shorts.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: You enjoyed a sig.
Speaker 2: As long as you get our new, our new hard class four body armor box of shorts, you can appendix carry a sig sour without blowing your job.
Speaker 3: You've quickly put on my ceramic boxer.
Speaker 2: So that I can carry a fucking H eighteen. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, stay hot by cool Zone dropping next week. You can find them by tagging Robert on social media at why Sophie.
Speaker 2: Why We're finishing our twenty parts series. People have asked for episodes on how to be a gun owner, and so we're putting together a twenty part series on how not to shoot your own penis off. So law enforcement officers in the audience you'll want to check that one out.
Speaker 4: I just got a notification that Sophie had canceled ed, which I think.
Speaker 5: Is premire with still what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Right now, Let's start because there's a lot of news this week by talking about, frankly, the most important news story in the whole nation right now. On Thursday, October second, right wing influencer Nick Sorder along with two other people.
Speaker 2: It's stupid. Oh, it's really stupid.
Speaker 3: Along with two of the people, were arrested by the Portland Police Bureau in connection with a fight outside of the Ice Building during a protest. Sorder was provoking reactions from protesters when he was then chased down the street by a woman in a bird cost bird costume quote swinging a large stick covered with.
Speaker 5: Feathers rested by Big Bird.
Speaker 3: According to court documents, the three people were arrested at all charged with disorderly conduct, though sords charges have since been dropped. Sordiers arrest ignited a right wing firestorm the likes of which I have not seen since Early Kirk was assassinated.
Speaker 2: I'm glad people are finally waking up to the ANTIFA police department that rules Portland with an iron fist.
Speaker 5: For a long time.
Speaker 3: Tim Poole posted on x the Everything app. I'm calling on the Trump administration to launch a legal challenge against Oregon following the arrest of Nick Sorter and if necessary, deployed National Guard Organs failed to uphold federal and state law and we should not tolerate it.
Speaker 2: Oh and like Yeah, there was like a fight and they detained people, and then the DA didn't press charges against Sorter, and it's it's just it couldn't be more of a nothing burger as an actual story.
Speaker 6: Nothing than burger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but oh boy, but not according to the AG's office, who quickly responded on it to Tim Poole's request, and by Friday morning, the White House, the Attorney General, and the Justice Department announced a quote unquote full investigation into the arrest and the conduct of the Portland Police Bureau. Finally, conservative influencer Benny Johnson, who's been embedded with ICE this past week, posted on x Everything app quote important news. I spoke with DHS Secretary Christinome. She's been briefed on the attack and arrest of journalists and Nick Sorder. Secretary Nome tells me DHS will surge ICE resources in Portland. Quote Antifa is a terrorist group and will not control our streets unquote. Thank you, Secretary Nome. Benny Johnson later shared video captioned breaking. DHS Secretary Christinome has announced that the Department of War will deploy to Portland and Chicago within twenty four hours to crush left wing violence unquote. And here is the video with Christinome talking about the quote unquote Antifa affiliated anti ICE protests.
Speaker 7: Well, you've got a presence in Portland as that is Antifa affiliated, and so that is a situation where you have known professionals targeted violence that want to tear down America and while will apparently attack anyone, even journalists, they're just trying to report the truth of what's happening.
Speaker 4: On the streets.
Speaker 7: So we're not just going to be rolling out of Chicago here, but we're sending in the Department of War at the request that I made to Secretary Headset, they're going to be rolling in here within the next twenty four hours. They'll be coming to Chicago to I put a request in today for them to come to Chicago, and we're going to not only have our officers that are out there with HSI and space, but we're also going to have backup from our military, because everybody deserves that. And so what we saw happened to that journalist last night will not happen again.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, Benny Johnson showing a very professional journalism there by just saying wow a lot.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty wild scene. Having like troops walk behind Christy nome as this podcast or Grills Grills are on sending the military to cities in front of a back cat. The reactions from the right after Nick Sorterer's arrest we're pretty wild, with journalists going on Fox News claiming that the Portland Police are affiliated with Antifa, and popular right wing influencers on X like amuse saying, quote, the Portland Police are now colluding with Antifa to prosecute federal officers protecting the ICE facility.
Speaker 2: When has that happened.
Speaker 3: Each time federal officers engage with Antifa, Portland Police liaisons clutch statements and videos from Antifa to facilitate state criminal charges against DHS. So somehow, in the year of Our Lord twenty twenty five, the Portland Police Bureau is now Antifa, which is a truly miraculous state of affairs. After his release Friday morning, next Order posted on X quote, You've proved what we've all been saying for years. You're corrupt and controlled by violent Antifa thugs who terrorize the streets. Referring to the Portland Police. I have been in direct contact with top officials at DHS. What's coming in Portland is unprecedented thanks to Portland police exposing themselves by arresting journalists. Great work, Portland, unquote. A day later, on October fourth, a Trump appointed federal judge granted the state of Oregon and the City of Portland a temporary restraining order blocking trumpenheag'sas federalization and deployment of two hundred organ National Guard against the wishes of Oregon Governor Tina Kotec. The judge found that existing local and federal law enforcement were sufficient to police protests, that the Trump admin had mischaracterized the reality of the current protests outside of the ice facility, and that violence against ICE in other parts of the country is not sufficient justification for a local military deployment.
Speaker 2: It's worth noting this judge, Judge Immergant, number one, not a woke judge, was literally, if you go back and you watch the Monica Lewinsky hearings or the I mean, this is the Clinton sex scandal hearings, but this is the part of it in which Lewinsky was being grilled. Immigrant was the female lawyer that they brought out to be incredibly cruel to Monica Lewinsky Because it wouldn't look as often putting and wound up.
Speaker 8: She wound up.
Speaker 2: Part of why Monica Lewinsky became so is she immigrant looked fucking nuts and immigrant is the person who is looking at it, who is going through all of the claims made by the administration and going there's literally not only is there no justification for the deployment of troops in Portland, but everyone calling the shots at FPS and Ice is like, everything's under control, we have no need for additional people. Yeah, there's no real danger here. Like, this is not a leftist judge. This is not a judge with a political act to grind. This is a judge. But thirty years ago you would have called a far right extremist.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I will quote a little bit from her ruling here.
Speaker 6: Quote.
Speaker 3: To accept the defendant's arguments, that's the federal's government would be to render meaningless the extraordinary requirements of ten USC one two four six by allowing the presidents to federalize one states National Guard based on the events in a different state or mere speculation about future events. In other words, violence elsewhere cannot support troop deployments here, and concern about hypothetical future conduct does not demonstrate a present inability to execute the laws using non military federal law enforcement quote. On the Trump Admin's argument that the presidents authorized to federalize state National Guard in the case of rebellion or invasion, the judge concluded that the legal definition of rebellion requires quote. First, a rebellion must not only be violent, but also armed. Second, a rebellion must be organized. Third, a rebellion must be open and avowed. Fourth, rebellion must be against the government as a whole, often with the aim of overthrowing the government, rather than in opposition to a single law or issue. Here, the protests in Portland were not a rebellion and did not pose a danger of rebellion, especially in the days leading up to the federalization. The judge found that the president's federalization of the organ National Guard without proper statutory authority under ten USC. One two four h six, exceeded the president's constitutional authority, undermined organs sovereignty, and violated the Tenth Amendment by infringing on organ's constitutional power to control its own national guard, writing that the Trump admin Quote interfered with the constitutional balance of power between the federal and state governments.
Speaker 6: Unquote Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is that the one where she she said their argument was untethered from the facts. Yeah, Yeah, I think that was a pretty good, uh good summary of what's going on here.
Speaker 3: Later that day, Stephen Miller went on News Nation to talk about the quote unquote insurrectionists interesting word in Portland and the new National Security Presidential memorandum to investigate dismantle so called left wing terrorist networks.
Speaker 9: We're the federal government. We are not going to tolerate a lawless insurrection. We're not going to tolerate domestic terrorism. And we are going after the Antifa rioters, thests, the violent assaulters, and we are not only going after them, we are going after their network. We are going after their funders. Every time we make an arrest, we are initiating an investigation into the.
Speaker 5: Entire domestic terrorist network.
Speaker 9: The President issued a National Security Presidential Memorandum in NSPN making clear that it is the national security priority of United States law enforcement to dismantle, disrupt, defeat, and destroy these domestic terror networks. And that is exactly what is taking place. It is what we are doing, it is what will happen.
Speaker 3: His use of the word insurrection, there is important. A day later, President Trump also used the term insurrectionists to describe protests in Portland and complained about the federal judge who blocked the deployment of National Guard, saying, quote, Portland is burning to the ground. You have agitators, insurrectionists. All you gotta do is look at the television. It's burning to the ground. The governor, the mayor, the politicians are petrified for their lives. That judge ought to be a shamed.
Speaker 2: And again, nothing's been burnt down. Nothing was burnt down in twenty twenty. Most of the big nights that I slately have been maybe two hundred people. You know, you've had some more on a few occasions, but like it's usually a lot less. It's probably just unnecessary for me to correct all this, but I guess I can't fight the urge to be like, none of this is accurate to what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the simulation is more important than the reality.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Miller's done this before, right, Like he kind of likes to use these words that exist in legislation and sort of in point to the direction he wants things to go. I guess, yeah, like he did this by calling anti for an enterprise. We sort as to an extent with Title forty two and his reference to migrants to the public health threat. This is kind of a trademark move for him.
Speaker 3: Almost now, hours after the federal judge blocked the federalization of Oregon National Guard, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth ordered three hundred California National Guard to be deployed to Portland. In the next day, he Texas Governor Greg Abbott authorized four hundred Texas National Guard to be sent to Orgon and Illinois in coordination with the Department of War. On Sunday night, the federal judge that previously blocked the organ National Guard federalization made another ruling blocking the deployment of troops from California and Texas, finding that it was quote, in direct contravention of her earlier tro This secondary toro halted any federalization relocation or deployment of any Guard members to organ from any state. The Trump administration has appealed these rulings and oral arguments will be heard on Thursday, October ninth in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Stephen Miller called this ruling quote one of the most egregious and thunderous violations of constitutional order we have ever seen, and is yet the latest example of unceasing efforts to nullify the twenty twenty fourth election by FIAT unquote. By Monday, Miller told reporters, without going to specifics, that the present quote has a very broad range and set of authorities when it comes to deploying federal assets.
Speaker 6: Quote.
Speaker 3: That same day, Monday, Trump discussed the possibility of invoking the Insurrection Act in a White House press conference.
Speaker 10: The Insurrection Act, Sir, what the Insurrection Act? Under what conditions or terms would you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 11: I do it if it was necessary. So far it hasn't been necessary. But we have an Insurrection Act for a reason. If I had to enacted, I'd do that. If people were being killed and courts were holding us up, or governors or mayors were holding us up, Sure I do that. I mean, I want to make sure that people aren't killed. We have to make sure that our cities are safe. And it's turning out, and we started with DC it's been so successful. You look at what's happened with Portland over the years. It's a burning hell hall. And then you have a judge that lost a way that tries to protec and that like there's no problem. Actually, she's not even saying that there's a huge problem. Important. I'll tell you what the problem is.
Speaker 5: Crime.
Speaker 11: Okay, crime. There's a huge problem in Chicago. It's called crime. And we want to put out the crime, and they want to inflame the crime.
Speaker 10: Oo booy.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's the clearest statement we've gotten from the President on the conditions in which he would invoke the Insurrection Act. I think specifically pointing towards governors, mayors, or courts that prevent ice from completing immigration actions in those cities and counties.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's the thing that we've gotten from him. That's the most specific indication of things that are happening right now that could cause him to do it. We still don't have a direct I'm going to do it, but I think it's pretty clear from this that he wants to these people in the circles I'm talking about, wanting to do it for a long time, and I think this is in some ways the closest we've gotten to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why you have tole like Miller and Trump himself using the word insurrection when describing what's happening to establish a pretext to actually follow through on that and declare the Insurrection Act when it suits them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's worth noting mellas doing. Miller is often the originator of many of these kind of legal theories. This one has made its way to Trump.
Speaker 3: I'm going to declare an ad break, and then we will return to finish our reporting on war ravaged Portland. Okay, we are back. DHS Secretary Christy Nome has made some pretty fantastic claims about the nature of these protests and the threats facing ICE agents, both in Chicago and Portland, and I'm just gonna play her clip from Fox News here talking about the threats to ICE.
Speaker 7: Our intelligence indicates that these people are organized, They're getting more and more people on their team as far as attacking officers, and they're making plans to ambush them and to kill them. We have specific officers and agents that have bounties that have been put out on their heads. It's been two thousand dollars to kidnap them, ten thousand dollars to kill them. They've released their pictures, they've sent them between their networks, and it's an extremely dangerous situation and unprecedented. So we've put protective detail around those individuals, change some of our operations to keep our officers safe. But make no mistake, this isn't just about protesting free speech or that they don't like that people out here are upholding the law of our country. They're actually going out there and saying, kill these people, and we'll give you this much money to do it.
Speaker 4: It's quite a specific claim, isn't it.
Speaker 3: What she's doing there is conflating alleged cartel bounties on ICE agents with protests happening out the site of ICE facilities, making it sound like the protesters are putting ten thousand dollars kill bounties on ICE officers.
Speaker 2: Man, let me tell you, nobody who's out at ICE right now has collectively ten grand to put towards a bounty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: On Tuesday, October seventh, Christinom arrived in Portland, Oregon, along with her conservative podcaster sidekick Benny Johnson, who has been live streaming ICE operations in Chicago with NOME. Benny posted on x everything app breaking DH Secretary Christinomes stares down army of Antifa and a guy in a chicken suit from the rooftop of the ice facility here in Portland.
Speaker 2: Finally someone took that chicken guy down to size.
Speaker 3: I want to play the video that I think one of us should like set this stage for what we're seeing.
Speaker 5: Sector.
Speaker 10: Do you have a message to the protesters, especially the man in the chicken outfit?
Speaker 12: Man on the chicken out but I just see him, no goodness, you could do better. Our goal is that people would peacefully protest, but that we would still be.
Speaker 7: Allowed to enforce the law in this country. Too bad the uneducated and niliform.
Speaker 3: If you look at this protest, there's about what twenty people on the street corner adjacent to the ice facility, nearly as many journalists and photographers as there are protesters. And this is what Bennie Johnson is describing as an army of Antifa, is these twenty people holding signs across from like a police line on the edge of the ice facility. At a later point, Benny zooms into another street corner which similarly has about a dozen people over a one block away from the ice facility. This is the army of Antifa that Bennie Johnson is referring to as he, along with Nick Sorder stand with on the roof of the ice facility surveying the area, which is just a fantastical sequence of events. We time traveled and told me that five years ago that Christy Nome and Betty Johnson are going to be on the roof of the ice facility calling a man in a chicken outfit an army of Antifa. I guess I could believe you, but it would still I guess it would still be upsetting it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't like, I wouldn't like argue with you. I'd be like, yeah, I mean that sounds like a natural extension of where things are at this point in time.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday night, Nome went on Fox News to talk about a meeting she had with local law enforcement and the mayor where she threatened to send four times as many federal forces into Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Sure man, I.
Speaker 7: Told them what we wanted. We wanted more security here at the building, a bigger buffer zone to keep our officers safe. We wanted to have their streets opened up again and not let the anarchists run this city anymore. That we would ask them to continue to back us up like we've been asked looking for, instead of what they've been doing the last several months, which is just leaving our officers hang out to dry. The chief asked if I wanted to meet with the mayor, and I said absolutely, came back and just met with a mayor, and I'm so extremely disappointed he's continuing to play politics. Did not commit to any of those promises and said that he'd give me an answer by tomorrow, and I'm hopeful that he will. What I told him is that if he did not follow through on some of these security measures for our officers, we were going to cover him up with more federal resources, and that we were going to send four times the amount of federal officers here so that the people of Portland could have some safety.
Speaker 2: Again, almost no one's even there. I can't exaggerate the degree to which this is not a major factor in ninety nine percent of people's day to day because number one, where the ice facility is, is cordoned off from the rest of the city like.
Speaker 6: Pretty isolated chunk.
Speaker 2: It's isolated, you might say. And number two, just like most people that I know who were out in twenty twenty don't really have a clear idea of what they should be doing right now or what the most useful thing to do is right now, and have spent a lot of time in front of federal riot lines and aren't right now, And like it's this complete disconnect between what's actually going on in the city and like what's what's being reported, which doesn't matter really, like it doesn't impact anything. That everything they're saying is a lie, yeah, because their people believe it. It's just kind of frustrating now.
Speaker 3: And this information is all into tro document that blocked the deployment of National Guard quote. Plaintiffs provided all of the PPB call logs in the month of September, which showed that Portland Place Bureau worked in close coordination with Federal Protective Service supervisors and regularly checked the status of the ice facility as detailed above. They also showed that protest activity in September generally did not involve violence against federal property or personnel.
Speaker 6: Unquote.
Speaker 3: Espureau have been working in coordination to manage the protests outside the ICE building. They've not abandoned ice officers. That's not actually what's happening. A federal judge is deemed that local law enforcement are more than sufficient to handle the protests outside of the ICE facility. The Trump government just really wants to send the military into cities, as they've already done with DC, as they were wanting to do with Memphis, Chicago, Portland eventually like New Orleans. This is just something that they really want to do. On Tuesday, October seventh, Texas National Guard arrived in Illinois and are currently stationed at an Army reserve center in a suburb south of Chicago. Sunday night, Governor Pritzker made a statement reading, quote, this evening, President Trump is ordering four hundred members of the Texas National Guard for deployments to Illinois, Oregon, and other locations within the United States. We must now start calling this what it is, Trump's invasion. It started with federal agents, will soon include deploying federalized members of the Illinois National Guard against our wishes, and it will now involve sending in another state's military troops. There is no reason a president should send military troops into a sovereign state without their knowledge, consent, or cooperation.
Speaker 5: Unquote.
Speaker 3: The state of Illinois announced that they would be seeking their own tro against Trump's military deployment. The Illinois Attorney General said in a statement, quote, the American people, regardless of where they reside, should not live under the threat of occupation by the United States military, particularly for the reason that their city or state leadership has fallen out of a president's favor. And on Monday, Chicago Mayra Brandon Johnson signed an executive order establishing city property and unwilling private businesses as ice free zones and discuss the deployment of troops from out of state by warning quote, the right wing in this country wants a rematch of the Civil War unquote.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and so we have a kind of breaking news update, which is so this is being recorded on Wednesday, October eighth. It's possible this will again change by the time this comes out. The most recent information we have is and this is supported by CBS per a statement from US Northern Command, which is part of the Defense Department's War Department. But yes, they're sitting five hundred troops. I'm just going to read the direct quote Illinois, approximately two hundred soldiers from various units of the Texas National Guard and approximately three hundred soldiers from various units of the Illinois National Guard were activated into a Title ten status and have arrived in the Greater Chicago area. The National Guard, remobilized for an initial period of sixty days, will be under the command and control of the Commander of US Northern Command. So that's where we are right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is out of state guard deployed into Illinois. They are in this borders of the state right now. When Haiggs has tried to deployed California National Guard to Oregon, it's unclear how many of them actually arrived in Oregon, but we do have confirmation and photos of Texas Guard in the borders of Illinois.
Speaker 8: YEP.
Speaker 3: This morning, Donald Trump truthed on truth Social that quote, Chicago mayor should be in jail for failing to protect ice officers. Governor Pritzker also unquote. Is that the President of the United States calling for the jailing of a mayor and governor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's also more recently calling for the jailing of everyone who burns American flags and an anim of a year in prison. Again, the legality here is deeply unclear. There's not a legal underpinning for that, other than he's instructed the DOJ to start going after those folks.
Speaker 6: But yeah, this is just words that he's saying.
Speaker 3: But I think the words that he's saying are sometimes not always, but sometimes important.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So I want to turn from here to the other occupation of Chicago, the one that has been doing significant damage already in the city as we have been covering, which is the ICE and Border Patrol deployment in Chicago. There's been more escalations that we are going to spend a small amount of time talking about. ICE has begun detaining unhoused people. We have reports of eleven total people they've detained so far. Most of them have been released. But the most prominent, and this is something that Brandon Johnson specifically mentioned in his speech, was for people who were taken in Chicago neighborhood called Broadview, who were outside a shelter. According to Chicago reader, we don't know where they are Jesus as if when say they're just gone, no one, no one has been able to trace them down.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: This and this seems to be part of a broader trend of ICE agents taking action against people who I mean appeared to be US citizens. We saw this a couple like last week with and This is another thing that Brandon Johnson specifically mentioned with him with ICE agents just choking a black man out on the street. The major story is that there has been a second shooting by ICE in Chicago on What we know for sure about this shooting is that on Saturday morning, an ICE agent shot a woman named Merrimar Martinez, who appeared to have been part of a group that was following ICE vehicles around the city. Martinez was shot and drove herself to a nearby auto repair shop, where medics and police showed up. I'm going to read the Sun Times' account from the shop managers who they spoke to of what happened when she got to the body shop. Quote. The shop manager spoke with a nine to one one operator and said, send somebody quickly because this lady is bleeding profusely. I mean it was instant puddles. Police and paramedic showed up a few minutes later, he said. As paramedics place a turnquit on Martinez's leg and arm, a bullet fell out of her arm and onto the shop floor. The manager said, Martinez thankfully does not seem to have been really really severely injured. She is like she is insable medical condition. NOWDHS put out a press release almost immediately claiming that their agents who were quote ambushed by domestic terrorists that rammed federal agents with their vehicles and that quote Nortinez, woman they shot was quote aren't with a semiongmatic weapon and has a history of docsing federal agents. Now, it is worth noting that best practice when looking at Department of Homeland Security statements, especially under the Trump administration, is to simply assume that they are not telling the truth until any details they have mentioned are corroborated. What the exact situation was before the shooting is very unclear. Both Department of Homeland Security and federal prosecutors have claimed that a group of cars basically boxed in an ice vehicle, and their repeated claims that they were ramming the ice vehicle and then that's why the ICE agent opened fire.
Speaker 6: That's the DHS's claims.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, this is the DHS's claims, and these are the claims that are made in court documents. I want to read from the Sun Times also Martinez's lawyer's description of what's going on, because it is significantly different from the government's account and Also, it's also worth mentioning that there's already been some deviation between the court documents and the DHS statement. For example, the court the DHS statement mentions a semi automatic weapon, and there's just simply no mention of that in like in any of the sort of charging documents. The deadly weapon that she's being accused of doing an assault with, which is what she's been charged with, is the car. Yeah, so here's here's from the Sun Times. So Parenti, who is her attorney. Parenti also offered to play an agent's body cam video that shows the shooting, noting prosecutors did not show the video that he claims disputes the government's version of the shooting. Parenti said the video shows an agent turning a federal vehicle left into Martinez's vehicle, after which the agent says, quote, do something, bitch. The agent then exits the vehicle and shoots Martinez. The t Ernie said Martinez had quote seven holes in her from the shooting, and that agents were in such a hurry to take her into custody at the hospital that they had to return later when Martinez began bleeding from her wounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so this is a significantly different portrayal of the shooting. We do not have access to this bodycam footage yet it has not been released to the public. There is a video that we do have that does not show the shooting, that shows some of the stuff leading up to the shooting, from that sort of audio repair shop that she went to. It is still very unclear what exactly happened here other than the fact that I shot this woman. That's the only thing that we one percent know.
Speaker 3: She does have a concealed carry license and had a handgun in the car with her. Yeah, the lawyers have claimed she never brandished the weapon and it was in the passenger seat.
Speaker 2: And there's no evidence that she did brandage the one.
Speaker 6: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: Nor is Ice even claiming that like Ice. Ice isn't even claiming that she brandished weapon. Ice isn't claiming that she fired a weapon.
Speaker 2: Now, the Ice specific claim is that when she was arrested later, she had the weapon on her, which could refer to the vehicle or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, and I will say so. The initial Department of Homeland Security press statement said that she was armed with correct Semiana had weapon. I think a lot of people took that to mean, you know, because DHS was implying stuff by saying that she was armed with even though she was not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're inhabiting the ambiguity of the right.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, right.
Speaker 3: They also said that they fired defensively, which makes you infer that this person may have fired at Ice. Yeah, even though DTS has never actually claimed that. They are trying to selectively use words to make people infer things that they're not even actually explicitly claiming.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And we're going to have to get more details and we're going to have to wait to see exactly what happened. But what the evidence supports right now is that ICE shot someone who was doing rapid response work and it is frankly a miracle that she wasn't severely injured or killed. And this is again the second time they have done this since ICE's deployment in the city. The first time they did just straight up kill a man. So we'll be following the story as as it develops, and we'll be following the continued actions of ICE in Chicago and other places. Yeah, and we will continue to talk about stuff after these ads.
Speaker 5: All right, and we are back.
Speaker 4: MEA was talking about rapid responders there, and I want to talk a little bit about one of the tools that they were using, which was called People over Papers.
Speaker 5: There are many of these apps that have sprung up.
Speaker 4: The January of this year rate since we saw much more visible immigration enforcement on the streets. Padlet, which was the I guess bulletin board type service that was People over Papers relied on, has removed People over Papers rights say it violated their terms of service. The removal comes just a few days after a Laura Luma tweet which tag the CEO claimed that People over Papers was violating the terms of service by quote harassment, stalking, privacy violations, inciting violence, and other unlawful activity. Luma there is noting things in the terms of service she perceives people to be doing with People over Papers, right y. This has happened after another of these apps, ice Block, was removed from app stores last week, also involved some Luma posting. Notably, Tricia McLachlin, the DHS Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, has claimed and this is in contravention of what's widely held to be caught precedent the Lord. She has claimed that videotaping ice agents is doxing them, and separately, Christie nom has claimed that doxing is an act of violence. We can join the two dots there. Videotaping ice agents is an act of violence to what's being suggested here. We can see the consequences of this argument in the deportation of Atlanta Area report on Mario. Mario was held for more than one hundred days in detention. He was arrested a No King's Day protest if you can remember, back back when people were doing those things, but the charges against him were dropped. However, since then the government has argued that his filming of law enforcement constitutes a threat to public safety. Mara has now been deported back to El Salvador. He's an Atlanta Area reporter and like I guess two editorialize, it would be really nice to see a fraction of the advocacy we saw for Jimmy Kimmel as someone who's actually doing reporting right, not just trying to be funny.
Speaker 2: He's not as big as Jimmy Kimmel. There's never as any followers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but he's also been sent to El Salvador, whereas Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 3: Was sent back to his mansion in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Eggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, for like less than a week. So I'm going to link in the show notes both to an avacy campaign and the freem of the Press Foundation piece about Mario, and you guys can check that out if you'd like to.
Speaker 5: Second character for this week is Tom Hohman.
Speaker 4: You guys will remember Tom Horman Bordizar, a guy who famously, well relatively recently, has become famous for scenically accepting a bag with fifty thousand dollars of cash in it in an FBI sting operation. Let's play this clip of Pam Bondy, who is answering questions in front of Congress here about what happened to the literal bag of cash?
Speaker 8: What became of the fifty thousand dollars in cash that the FBI paid to mister Homan in a paper bag?
Speaker 3: Evidently, oh my god, Tom and Jerry asked shit.
Speaker 4: She's looking through her notes right now. She's selected the page Senator.
Speaker 13: As Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche recently stated the investigation of mister Homan was subjected to a full review by the FBI agents and DOJ prosecutors. They found no credible evidence of any wrongdoing.
Speaker 8: And that was not my question. My question was what became of the fifty thousand dollars in cash that the FBI delivered evidently in a paper bag to mister Homan.
Speaker 13: Senator, I look at your facts.
Speaker 8: Are you saying that they did not deliver fifty thousand dollars in cash to mister home snitor?
Speaker 13: As recently stated, the investigation and mister Homan was subjected.
Speaker 5: To a full re question by FBI.
Speaker 13: Agents, that's by Department of Justice prosecutors. They found no evidence of wrongdoing.
Speaker 8: That's a different question. What became of the fifty thousand dollars? Did the FBI get it back?
Speaker 13: Mister white House? Excuse me, Senator white House. You're welcome to talk to.
Speaker 8: The FBI the report to you. Can't you answer this question?
Speaker 6: First of all, this guy's name is mister white House.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Na, Senator white House, Charrison. That surely is a little confuser, maybe against some emails for the wrong person. Sheldon white House apparentes.
Speaker 2: Theoretically, if he got a job for the administration, his email will be white House at white House dot gov.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's happen given the line of questioning that he pursued here. But yeah, you can hear Retchie. She seems to be unwilling to answer where the paper bag of cash money, yeah, has gone. Incredible stuff, beca it's easier to lose that than you'd think you. One would assume that the FBI would have some kind of tracking capability when giving someone fifty thousand dollars in a paper bag, But here we are.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a no country for all mint kind of situation. Whoever found it was smart enough to dumb transponder first. We will probably never know if they're smart. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, building on that, what Pro Publicer is now reporting is that Homan went into business with a Pennsylvania consultant named Child Soul, and that Soul has been offering consoles on how to obtain contracts a Department of Homeland Security. So Homan consulted for Soul's firm during the Biden administration, and during that same period, So became the chair of Homan's Border nine one one foundation. According to their reporting, Pro Publica has called into question the extent to which Homan has actually recused himself from contracts, saying that he participated in meetings with executives about government contracting plans. So normally a government official would be bound to steer clear of their former business associates for at least a year when they enter office. Right, I can't consult for Garrison Inc. And then become procurement for DHS and immediately buy one thousand of whatever Garrison Inc.
Speaker 5: Is selling?
Speaker 6: You can?
Speaker 4: You can tag Garrison on a blue sky where they will read what you think they're selling.
Speaker 3: If this will result in me getting fifty thousand dollars in a paper bag, then you know, maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in this instance, I would be the one getting the fifty thousand dollars from Garrison Inc. In return for buying whatever it is that you are selling orbs.
Speaker 6: Maybe yeah, that's not a great deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I did.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 4: Seems like it was a great deal in this instance for a Tom Holman.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Their reporting suggests that Horman went from a relatively modest income in twenty seventeen to being a multimillionaire by the time he filed his twenty twenty five disclosed your documents. When you assume federal office that you have to file these disclosure documents, disclose your assets. I guess the famous one is Jimmy Carter's peanut farm. But it seems that during that time his personal network increased significantly. Right, he did a lot of consulting. He became like a talking head on Fox News in the Biden administration. It's difficult to summarize the intricacies of history. I encourage you to read it. For instance, of the third person called Mark Hall, who appears to be doing some work on behalf of Homan, but also retaining relationship with Soul's clients, it looks a lot like what's happening is that the people who Homan had been doing consulting with and now trying to make money saying that they have act special access to DHF based off that consulting. This kind of builds on some of the stuff that we'd already seen and spoken about last week. Right finally, on the immigration beat, I want to talk about a case where the petitioner's attorney has stated that the petitioner I'm not going to name the person, I don't think it's necessary, was taken to hospital by CBP after they severely injured his leg on a raid in a car wash in Carson, California. He was booked into the hospital under a pseudonym and kept there under armed guard from August to twenty seventh until October fourth.
Speaker 10: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this person, they weren't coming up in the detainee locator, right. They hadn't apparently been allocated in a number, which is what you would normally used to look someone up on the ICE detainee locator. And I guess the argument there was that they weren't booked in until they left the hospital. So this person basically disappeared for more than a month. Yeah, the judges granted that petitioner an attentive restraining order in that instance, right, But I think this I have been receiving a lot of mess about a Chicago older person who was detained by ICE at a hospital, and I have seen a number of reports that suggest that that's because Ice were detaining people in the hospital. To my knowledge, the only person they detained in the hospital was the older person. They were not detaining patients at the hospital. They were there because they had bought somebody to the hospital in order for that person to be a patient. Because that person was in their detention in their care and needed medical assistance. I have seen outlets I don't should I name them, like Democracy Now got this wrong and so that they were arresting people. So like Democracy Now is one example, right, I have seen outlets reporting this as ICE were in the hospital detaining people. Nothing I have seen leads me to believe that, and lots of things I have seen leave me not to believe that. It doesn't mean it's great for the people who are bought into hospital by ICE, and sure it fucking sucks. I'm sure it has a chilling effect on other people going to hospital to know that they are there.
Speaker 5: But so does.
Speaker 4: Reporting that suggests that you can be picked up in hospital if you're an impatient or if you're in the emergency room. That stops people accessing medical care, that actively puts people in danger. We need to be really, really fucking careful when sharing this shit. That includes people who are journalists or claiming to be journalists.
Speaker 2: People are so upset, rightly so with what ICE is doing that there can be this attitude and I've encountered before of like, well, by undercautioning people, that's the biggest risk, And it's like not when we're talking about whether or not people go to the hospital for life saving care. I'm sorry, it's just not like these are not equivalent risks. More people are going to be in a position where they would be scared off from going to the hospital and not in any danger from ice going to it, than might possibly be in danger going to the hospital. Like, you're just endangering people by trying to get them to believe it is not safe for them to go receive life saving emergency medical care at this stage. Now, is it possible that's going to change? Good? God, I'm certainly not going to say no, right, I'm certainly not going to say no one hundred percent, but that's not where we are right now. Just overcautioning people is not a net good in this instance. Yeah, absolutely, times it is, but not here because again, if people don't go to the hospital on time, they die.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm aware of cases where people with genuinely life threatening medical emergencies have been had to be persuaded to go to the hospital by people right because they had seen this. Because these rooms don't just spread via social media built by WhatsApp groups and things, and it can be very scary for people.
Speaker 2: Well, and people largely construct their beliefs on reality by like what the weight of the people that they know directly or follow are saying is true. And when you see fifty people, some of them you kind of know, some of them you've at least followed to an extent online, all say this is unsafe. Then there's a tendency to get really angry when people are like, well, I don't know, maybe it doesn't actually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I mean, like I care about the safety of migrantes in this country. I think anyone who looked at a totality of my work would believe that, right, Like, it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. That means I want them to go to hospital when they're fucking sick. And that means that people who are saying things that are not true. I understand why, right it lines up with the other things that we know to be true. ICE is doing terrible shit. Shit is terrible, but it is still an area where we need to exercise extreme caution when reporting on things until we know that it is true that I so are coming in to hospital and taking people out of the beds, which again not a thing that I think is happening. Let's pivot a little bit to public lands and think that I think about a lot that we don't always report on here, but that I think is very important. I want to talk about the Roadless Rule today. So September saw the end of the comment period. It was a very short comment period on the Trump administration's proposal to rescind the Roadless Rule. The Roadless Rule, if you're not familiar, protects over fifty d eight point eight million acres of national forest land from roadbuilding, logging, and other industrial activity. According to the Center for Western Priorities, ninety nine percent of the comments submitted, of which there were more than one hundred and eighty thousand, were opposed to rescinding the rule. Right, the reads rule has previously had broad bipartisan support.
Speaker 5: It was not a particularly controversial thing.
Speaker 4: Agriculture Sexuary Brook Rollins announced a proposal early in the summer, saying it would increase logging and decrease wildfire risk. Research suggests that the opposite is true. Cutting roads into forests provides more ignission opportunities. Right By allowing people to go into those forests, you allow those people to do things which lead to fires happening. Right, their cars overheat they smoke cigarettes, they fucking shoot steel targets in the middle of the summer.
Speaker 2: I mean, we just had a guy brought in for the Palisade fires and he was like a twenty nine year old uber driver who was having clearly a bad mental health day, called in after he set a fire, but kind of made weird denials about it and then like flood to Florida and it kind of just looks like he was listening to a song where there were people lighting fires and decided to light a fire and it got way out of control, way too quickly. Yeah, and it wasn't even the same night, Like it took like a week because like they put out the initial fire, but it kept burning through thick underbrush which eventually got real hot. That's my understanding based on the articles that I've read. But like, yeah, it's it's I mean, in that case, it's just a guy who's not super well.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: And like the other thing that cutting grows will do is it will change the foliage. Right, You'll cut down the big trees and you'll have smaller shrubs and that those are easier to burn the big trees.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: The wilderness society has some data on this. I think they found that forestwich roads were four times more likely to have fires. I will link to that Wilderness Society data. And the road rule was passed under the Clinton admin and it's being rescinded as part of a March executive which sought to increase US timber production. I want to note that there will not be guys with chainsaws rolling into your favorite national forest like next week or next month, right Like building these roads would have to be financed by the United States Forest Service, which is of course currently well. If you go on the forest website, forest Service website will tell you that radical left Democrats have shut down the federal government right now in a pop up but we did it, guys. Yeah, so the Forest Service finally coming out against the work left. But yeah, the Forest Service would have to finance these and it's currently understaffed because of the voluntree and DOGE based layoffs. It's not particularly well funded. I don't see the Forest Service going in for a lot of road construction, but it might be wrong. Right Trump Kelly seems to see not importing timber as a major issue. I'm not quite sure why. Like I guess this was an issue in Britain when they had to respond to the Spanish Armada cut down a lot of trees back then. Not familiar with very similar Yeah, yeah, national security issue.
Speaker 5: I think we can agree right to Spanish.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just excited that now I can finally drive my ATV through these you know, environmentally protected area damn right garrison without getting harassed by the park ser.
Speaker 5: Yeah woke left.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be the drunkest guy on an ATV and Joshua tree, I'm gonna drive straight for the biggest tree I can find. Anything over a thousand years old is fair game for my bumper.
Speaker 5: Baby's hit close to home if I I'm sorry, James.
Speaker 2: James is seething right now, James Jessu is going to fucking cut me.
Speaker 4: If I see anyone stealing or destroying a Joshua tree, I will.
Speaker 2: I would never harm a Joshua tree. I would never harm a Joshua tree. There's one kind of tree I will harm, in discriminately, into tree of paradise. But that's good for the environment. But those trees kill them wherever you find them.
Speaker 4: I think the only Joshua tree it's okay to hate is the album by you two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's also burn every copy of the album Joshua Tree that yeah, I'm okay with destroy raise it from the inn for those within ATV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't mind if that became extinct. Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: May you want to talk about tariffs. We're talking about timber, and of course there has been recently a tariff on Canadian lumber woke trees coming in from our neighbors to the north. So sorry, that's why we need to destroy our national forests.
Speaker 2: I mean, Canada kinda is destroying theirs and they still have trees the export.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I guess one thing I haven't said about public land that you should always say when you're talking about public land is that it's all native land actually, and the framing of public land is a place for white folks to recreate. It's not the correct framing. It's not how we win this fight.
Speaker 2: And no, and you should also if you care about not just the damage that fires do, but conservation in general, and you ever eat the opportunity to go through like up here in the Pacific Northwest, you can go through chunks of the forest that are managed by the state, and that are managed by the Bureau of Land Management, and then you can go through chunks of forests that are managed by the indigenous communities, and the way in which forests are managed is very different. Yeah, in a way that one is the right way to do it, and the other two arts yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is land that was all stolen from its indigenous stewards by means of genocide, and we should give it back.
Speaker 2: And it's not just a matter of that's the the right thing to say, but also that is the right way to preserve those lands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the people who've been in stewardship of those lands so much longly than America has been a country.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Watch the I think nineteen ninety one movie Clearcut, which is set in Canada. But a fucking banger, real good movie.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 4: I don't know if those two things are compatible. What Canada and a banga. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a it's about an indigenous activist and a white lawyer.
Speaker 3: Who you don't like cronin what's wrong with.
Speaker 5: He's fighting this movies.
Speaker 2: It's it's really good. It's about this like liberal white lawyer who's fighting like a logging company and this indigenous activist who takes him and kidnaps the head of the logging company and takes them into the forest. And that's all I'll tell you about the movie. It is a fucking banger.
Speaker 3: I don't go on this podcast make fun of your own country, Garrison Davis.
Speaker 2: You will all by the way, like Clearcut, watch that fucking movie it Yeah, tariff talk, Yeah.
Speaker 5: What movie tariff? Look at that for fucking segue. Yeah, rocking jazz, rocking jazz pot sorry lock.
Speaker 4: Rocking jazz, rocking jazz bo.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 10: In Lightning Round, we have huge we have two pivot points here. We're gonna go for the timber pivot instead of the movie pivot. Okay, So Lightning Round. Trump is imposing a ten percent tariff on softwood lumber, a twenty five percent tariff on upholstered furniture, and twenty five percent tariff on kitchen cabinets in vanities.
Speaker 6: Ikea is the thing.
Speaker 4: Ikea is Tyas Shay's long industry is collapsing in Canada as we speak.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so this is this is going to be in effect October fourteenth. Get him now, and then also these tariffs are scheduled to increase at the beginning of next year. The upholstered furniture tariffs are increasing to thirty percent, and the kitchen cabinet and vanity tariffs are increasing to fifty percent at the beginning of next year.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the idea that there's a vanity tariff is very funny to me, like a now, but just like as a concept.
Speaker 10: Yeah, people, these are nominally lumber industry tariffs. I think there's some kind of housing development brain inside of Trump's head rattling around as to why there's suddenly tariffs on vanities and upultered furniture. Who knows, baffling. The Canadian government has been attempting to lift the tariffs. It has not worked. Snociations once again failed today, which is October eighth. Okay, bouncing from that to something that's also very important, Blashet Waite and I feeling more important. So one of the issues with the current government shutdown is the threat to the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, infants and Children, which is normally called WIC. The RECU funding is extraordinarily important because it feeds several million people. And okay, this story is very very weird because we haven't gotten any direct thing about how this would work outside of the Press secretary saying it. But the Press Secretary is saying that Trump is going to fund this program with the money from one of the tariff programs. Now, it is worth noting that this is just very unconstitutional, exceptionally unconstitutional. Is a violation of the part of the operation of powers where they say that Congress is the thing that the levy's tax doesn't decide where the money goes. But it's also it's not clear if this is even happening or how it could even remotely happen, but it is being reported. The WIC has been a program that Trump has been using to push his narrative about the government shut down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think forty percent of children are on WICK right now. Like, this is an extremely important program. It's one of those things where like again, there was complete biparties and support apart aside from complete lunatics until very like you would never have heard like a fuck Wick statement. It's done a lot of good for a lot of people who need a lot of help. I did see a statement from the Wick Council that basically asserted that like, look, we'd be excited if you would keep us keep Wick funded, but using tariff money, it's not a sustainable or like reliable approach to do this. Just just fund it by playing for government program to the youthul way.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So, the other major tariff news that we have is basically, for the last couple of weeks, Trump has been threatening to impose one percent tariffs on pharmaceuticals. This was originally supposed to go into effect in October first, and then Trump started cutting a bunch of deals with drug manufacturers to exchange sort of lower price agreements. And also, and this is the major significant element, as we've seen with the whole bunch of companies that have made deals with Trump pledges of large scale investments in US manufacturing and production. These tariffs have sort of been staved off, and the administration is now saying that they won't do it because they don't need to because they have resear gavings for drug companies. Pfizer was the first major company to sign a deal. This has been part of an initiative called Trump RX, which is supposedly coming in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and the plan is to have to reck to consumer drug sales by forcing these companies to give the US Most Favored Nation status, which like basically the thrust of this is giving specifically this trump are X thing, the prices that these drug companies charged to undeveloped countries. However, and this is extremely important to not being reported very much. Trump ore Rex. Assuming this comes program comes into being, you can't use insurance on it is only you can only buy drugs off there. You would only be able to buy drugs off there without insurance. So it probably doesn't lower your drug costs at all if you have really any kind of.
Speaker 4: Insurance, certainly lowers that cost your insurance company has to pay, right like, if you're insured.
Speaker 5: Badly, Yeah, right, you know.
Speaker 10: And so the actual good that this could even potentially do, I think is very very limited. Yeah, but that's sort of what's going on. This is the part of the initiative. If you see people talking about how he's lowering drug prices, it's specifically for this weird trump are X thing, which again you can't use insurance to use. So there's been a few other tariffs that he's talked about, and I kind of want to set a spectrum of how real a tariff is because there's a whole bunch of different kinds of teriffs that Trump announces and then nothing happens one. So, for example, you can have a kind of tariff where he announces on social media, but there's no date. Right, So one hundred percent tariff on four and made movies. This is the second time he's talked about it. There's never been a date attached to it. It seems to be something that he tweets about and then forgets about. It never happens. On the more real end, there are tariffs like the one that is currently being proposed as twenty five percent tariff on heavy trucks that's supposed to go into effect in November first, but there is no executive order, so that one we can't treat as real as for example, the lumber tariffs, which have an executive order, although also again you have to wait for these to actually go into effect, which which would be category sort of three and four. Are is there an executive order and has the date of these executive order doing the thing passed? So we have a couple of floating tariffs. From there, we have those twenty five percent tariffs on heavy trucks, which are supposed to go into efect November first, assuming it's an executive order. We have this film.
Speaker 3: Tariff, which is the was the scariest tariff by far one tariffs on foreign made films.
Speaker 5: What are they tariffing that have to.
Speaker 2: Hoist the black flag again?
Speaker 5: My friends don't know has any idea what that meants? We have no absolutely not. We have no clue how this is no detasfled. Okay, he just said film Okay, sick. Good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that everyone's equally clear on that.
Speaker 2: Get back to torrenting Babel.
Speaker 10: I think I think the final thing we should talk about is so on November fifth, the Supreme Court is going to start hearing the case against a bunch of the tariffs that Trump has been doing. We've talked about this before. The Trump administration has also stated that even if these terriffs are found on constitutional, they are going to continue to apply tariffs themselves using other laws.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 10: Even if they lose the Supreme Court case, that doesn't mean that all the terriffs are suddenly just not going to happen anymore. He will probably try to reimpose a whole bunch of them under different terror authority and we'll go through this whole process again. But yeah, this is this has been, this has been terriff.
Speaker 4: Talk great, Okay, So I have a fundraiser for you. We're doing Bouquette again. Buqutt Tan is an ala Vi Kurdish woman. Because of her beliefs and her ethnicity, she found it very hard to live in Turkey. We've we've documented Turkey and Kurdish people's relations quite a lot on this podcast. She is now living in southern California and she needs to raise money to pay her lawyer for her asylum case. And the website for that is GoFundMe dot com, slash f slash urgent, hyphen help, hyphen four hyphen Bouquette, b u k E t s Hyphene, asylum hyphen case, or you can click it in the show notes. If you would like to contact us with a news tip, you can do so by emailing cool Zone Tips at proton dot me. It will be encrypted if you use another proton email address from one end to the other end. So if that is something that is a concern for you, that is how you can reach out.
Speaker 2: We reported someone's news, We reported the news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we reported the news.
Speaker 1: It could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever.
Speaker 6: You listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: You can now find sources for it could Happen here listened directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.