Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong's Joe Getty arm Strong.
Speaker 3: And Getty and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty these poles. This is not a leap. There are only two choices.
Speaker 4: You have a fifty percent chance of being right. It's not like you picked the trifecta at the Belmont States. There's no magic involved. It's heads or tails. At the end of this, the pollsters were wrong will quietly disappear. The other ones will be like I told you one percent. What did you tell us? You called eight hundred losers who didn't have enough sense to not answer an unknown call.
Speaker 2: That's all you did. The results of the polls on family feud are more.
Speaker 4: Scientific than survey, says oh Bra RFK Junior, Donald Trump R.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows everything. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was in this conversation with some of the other day and the age old conversation of have.
Speaker 2: You ever been pulled? I've never been polled. I don't know anybody who's ever been pulled.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's amazing how many people are in that situation. It does make you wonder about all the polls that are constantly coming out. It's not like I get called every other day by some major poll. I never have been called by a major poll.
Speaker 1: Right, But there's three hundred and forty million people in the country and a major poll polls eleven hundred.
Speaker 2: People, right. I mean that's really, really thorough.
Speaker 5: And as we pointed out yesterday, the posters would tell you, we never claimed.
Speaker 2: To be that accurate. It doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: There's an expectation in America for something that doesn't and can't exist. That's an accurate polling about presidential elections.
Speaker 2: It's not a thing well, right, And.
Speaker 1: They're not to blame. It's the media that's to blame. This constantly saying a one point move, it appears Trump is really gabblyzed on Harris's gas.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right. And when any polster would tell you no, no, no, no, forty nine to forty seven is a tie statistically, it says so right in our look at our graph, plus our mind is to say somebody's ahead is ridiculous. But they do it all the time. Move one point and it's a headline. So yeah, you trained people to think it's a science. It's like putting a thermometer in your mouth and figuring out one degree in your temperature, which you know is a.
Speaker 2: Deal, but polling is not.
Speaker 1: No, no, indeed more important than that's certainly a peanut. The squirrel update.
Speaker 2: I was late to this story. I saw all the headlines.
Speaker 5: I did not grasp the significance of the peanut the squirrel story, and I am late to being outraged, where some of you have been outraged now for quite a while. It's freaking, yeah, unbelievable that this happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a in a country, in particularly a state, a blue state where lawlessness is running anock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, you put into the context of current society, and it's extra outrageous.
Speaker 1: And the authorities raid this couple's house. They're there for five hours, grilling the woman about our immigration status.
Speaker 5: They order you out of the house and you're sitting on the curb while feds go through all your stuff because you got a squirrel in your home.
Speaker 1: And you can't pee unless they come with you to keep you from hiding evidence of what squirrel trafficking and and so. And then they take away these people's pets because they could be dangerous and euthanize them even though they've been living with them for years. Just it's it's the sort of brutality by bureaucrat. Yeah, that and that's that's that's the importance of it. It is unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats with powers far beyond what you think they have. And please the New York State Anti squirrel Police, I don't know, Wildlife Commission, whatever they are, their.
Speaker 2: Powers are are are are ants.
Speaker 1: Compared to the EPA, for instance, the Department of Energy, you know in cal Unicorny. I just read an outrageous couple of stories about the Air Resources Board, which.
Speaker 2: Is just running a muck anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's the oppression of the bureaucracy that it's all about.
Speaker 2: Now here's the twist, Jack, What I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna say. I came across some mem yesterday I thought was really good. There's a Babylon Bee headline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do do everything you got before I get to the twist, because once I hit you with the twist, it's gonna go down that.
Speaker 2: Road at one hundred miles.
Speaker 5: Fron, Well, this is not about the squirrel thing specifically, but the word you just used. Babylon Bee's headline was If Trump wins, it will win bureaucracy as we know it, which uh uh you know is what Elon musk goal is to end bureaucracy as we know it.
Speaker 2: That I am all on board for. Yeah, I love that idea, all right?
Speaker 1: So who rated out the long goes that's the family and.
Speaker 2: You rat out a squirrel? Is that does that work that way? Three?
Speaker 1: That is probably an unfortunate metaphor choice of words. Anyway, who ratted out the squirrel?
Speaker 2: And why the squirrel was nationally famous? Right? I have been following Stagram TikTok famous squirrel.
Speaker 5: I do not follow uh influencer rodents on Instagram like many of you do.
Speaker 2: Well, then you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: In the pantheon of famous squirrels, Peanut sets in the highest highest stratch.
Speaker 5: So if you had a mount rushmore of park animals with Instagram pages, oh yes, peanut.
Speaker 2: The squirrel would be on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, domesticated common rodents, the peanut is their king anyway, So the couple believes that their financial success partly fueled by Peanut and his extremely big Instagram slash. I think TikTok presence may have made people jealous of them because they become very wealthy through Peanut and the and the really neglected.
Speaker 2: Mister X.
Speaker 1: In this scenario, which was the raccoon, yes name, I do not recall Skippy.
Speaker 2: They had Jimmy MASKI yes, Katie, who is the raccoon?
Speaker 6: It's Fred the raccoon and Fred a big deal influencing people. Also, Fred and Peanut both big. Actually have been following Peanut and Fred for a while. Peanut wears cowboy hat. It's a great show. Yeah, oh interesting. So you were pre this blowing up. You were into Fred the raccoon and Peanut the squirrel. Yes, okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: And they would dress up finding this out.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you should be working the Peanut desh. So tell us so before Jill ruins the whole story as eal and I will.
Speaker 2: What was the appeal?
Speaker 5: And I'm not mocking it because I like a good funny, you know, break from life myself.
Speaker 6: It was just life with a squirrel and he would sit the guy, the owner would sit there and eat breakfast, and Peanut would sit on the table holding a little post it note that had a sign on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was just fun. It sounds charming till the federal government killed Peanut.
Speaker 1: The squirrel tragic or the state anyway. So why are people jealous of these people in their money? Well, not only have they made a hell of a lot of money off of Peanut, but they've used at least a little bit Peanut and his friend Fred to promote their only fans site. This young, good looking couple has sex online and made eight hundred thousand dollars in one months? Whoa posting their sections?
Speaker 2: Now the squirrel of you?
Speaker 5: Peanut and Fred aren't involved. Are There is no bestiality going on?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, they're merely at times promotional partners for the adult Fair.
Speaker 2: There's a letterman nuts joke there somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no kidding, huh okay, Well that's an interesting twist.
Speaker 2: I don't think it ruins it for me. No, No, Indeed.
Speaker 5: The bureaucracy's overstepping their bounds or making big deals out of nothing. I mean, god, dang it, you have me, I would have been I would have probably ended up arrested. Like, for real, You're gonna make me sit on the curb outside my house and go through all my stuff and I'm not allowed to go into my own home. Well, they are freaking heroin addicts with loose pit bulls over there in the park, and people can smash open any window and steal anything. And my car's been broken into three times and all that.
Speaker 2: But I'm sitting here on.
Speaker 5: The curb with the the the officers of the law inside my home and I'm not allowed to go in.
Speaker 2: I would have been insanely angry.
Speaker 1: And I get laws that say you can't keep wild animals in the suburbs, for instance, But the idea that you're gonna come to my house because theoretically my squirrel might be dangerous and you're going to kill it to protect me, not to mention poor Fred the raccoon.
Speaker 2: While all this other stuff is going on, Yeah exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There have been how many murders on subways in New York City, for instance, in the last couple of years. It's a shocking number women being clubbed in the face at random by junkies illegal streets, right, Yeah, Venezuelan gangs, millions of illegal immigrants flooding the streets and the schools and the hospitals and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: And they frog march.
Speaker 1: This another unfortunate animal metaphor frog march this man and his wife out onto the street, make him sit on the curb for hours while they murder his pets.
Speaker 2: So somebody rat keep the big government. Somebody ran it out.
Speaker 5: The guy who was frog marched out to get to his squirrel and raccoon.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, And so many Americans have their head and the sandling an ostrich over the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And are we ignoring the elephant in the room, That's what I wonder.
Speaker 2: I don't think we are now.
Speaker 5: Actually, that sort of thing makes me so insanely angry, like I practically can't think about it, or I can't handle life seriously, because I've run into it a couple of times in my life. I used the example yesterday just to explain it a little more. Where we were looking into on our farm with all our goats of make of either selling goat milk or making goat soap, and we got informed by various people who had done that and run afoul of whatever state regulations and had their homes raided or fined or whatever. With all the crack that's going you have the homeless population in the countries in California doing whatever the hell they want, But you're gonna using my taxpayer money, come sue me or put me up against the wall while you go through my home because I might have a legal goat soap, I mean, makes me insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree, I would agree. But America is a generous country, Jack And a go fund to me page set up for Peanut is raised more than one hundred and thirty two thousand.
Speaker 2: To do what.
Speaker 1: You know what I would like to say, see one of those big elaborate like not what do you call it, like a little mini mausoleum slash giant gravestone for peanuts?
Speaker 2: Do you want?
Speaker 5: You want like what they got in Red Squirrel, like what they got in Red Square for Lennon?
Speaker 2: You want that sort of thing? Yeah, that sort of thing. Maybe you have them lie in state. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This'll probably go to some sort of loss suit or legal something or other. But seriously, these people make millions of dollars doing porn. They don't need your twenty dollars in the memory of their squirrel.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, that's a decent point. Yeah, why are you sending them ten bucks when they made eight or one thousand dollars a month doing important. The fact that they do horn though, doesn't change the story at all for me.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he got quite attached to the squirrel based on some of the videos I've seen over a period of time, and the idea of the government coming in ordering you out of your own home and going in and killing your pet. WHOA, well again with everything else that's going on, violent gangs running the streets?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Illegals? By the way, Violent gangs of illegals running the streets. Oh, that will make you. That will make you nuts, yeah, and make you a little militant. Maybe.
Speaker 5: Ah, I don't want wild animals in my home. Squirrel, I would be a little concerned about me. No way, I'm having a freaking raccoon in my house. I would think you're just just waiting for the day that it loses.
Speaker 2: Its s and claws your eyes out right? Right?
Speaker 1: But come on, it's not like they had a tiger no now.
Speaker 2: Or a bobcat. They didn't have that one of those either. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Kamala Harris on stage, we believe in freedom. Now, all you believe in is abortion. You don't believe in property rights? You don't believe in You don't believe in any freedom except the freedom to abort a baby and the freedom to show porn to kids in school.
Speaker 2: That might your own damn business.
Speaker 5: That is absolutely true, and I wish the Republican side could have made a better argument about that. One thing I'm noticing on all the cable news panels. That's not a shock. Among other things we've got coming up, stay tuned.
Speaker 7: I was thirty years old before I could vote. I was born in nineteen thirty five. Civil rights movement was high when I was about thirty thirty five years Oh, I had seen so many young men and women die because of a right to vote.
Speaker 3: And I said, I've got a vote.
Speaker 7: That people have to realize the price that was paid for them to vote.
Speaker 3: I've been driving Lyft for nine years.
Speaker 7: Even when I drive locals, I ask him, maybe he registered the vote.
Speaker 3: A lot of them say, my vote doesn't count. Oh. Yes, one voat can change.
Speaker 7: A conversation, one vote can change a whole society.
Speaker 5: That is a good, true, and uplifting a little speech about voting. I wish the majority of our media and certainly our politicians, cared about democracy near as much as that guy or people.
Speaker 2: Who say that sort of thing, Hey, I would agree.
Speaker 5: They don't, and I've got some examples of that coming up next segment.
Speaker 1: More significantly, that's an eighty nine year old lift driver. Can we keep our lift drivers? I don't know, seventy five or younger? Well, he can general. He sounds pretty sharp and he could be really sharp.
Speaker 5: But if I got in my lift and he happened the driver happens to mention he's eighty nine, I would think, Wow, I probably ought to be ready to grab the wheel if I need to.
Speaker 2: Eighty nine is old. That's getting up to I love this, love his attitude though maybe yeah, I know what you're saying. Yeah I do so.
Speaker 1: I found this very very interesting. The good folks that fire the Foundation for Individual Rights, and what is the E stand for now that it's not education anymore, I can't remember. They're the free speech people and they do wonderful, wonderful work. They talk about, you know, various laws having to do with going to the polls. Can you wear a mega hat, a Harris Walls T shirt? Is it legal to have a no campaigning zone? All sorts of different issues that are complicated because of very.
Speaker 2: State by state. But is it anima? Probably not. Pardon me the E for enema. I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you take ballot selfies? There are a number of states around the country, including some of my faves, where it is prohibited that you take a selfie of yourself at the in the voting boost because to say, hey, I voted, because.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I've read it more than once in my life and forgotten it because it's not very interesting. They just don't want detailed maps of the voting places for people to commit.
Speaker 2: Fraud or something.
Speaker 1: But there are also quite a few states where you can absolutely take a ballot selfie, and the good folks at Fire point out that the laws banning ballot selfie stand on very shaky constitutional ground, and Fire is indeed currently challenging North Carolina's selfie ban in court.
Speaker 2: I like Fire a lot.
Speaker 5: I just don't know if this is the best use of your resources going after this one.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: I think it's more about the broad principles than the specifics of it.
Speaker 5: It's probably no photography inside the polling place, which I can understand why you'd want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think and again I'm half tempted to read up on the issue, probably not tempted enough actually do it. But the idea is, you are restricting my freedom without a sound rationale for it.
Speaker 2: We're not going to put up with that. Fight it everywhere all the time.
Speaker 5: One of the many reasons this was such a depressing election coming up.
Speaker 2: If you want to be depressed, who tuned into that? Who tune into that? Nice job? Yeah, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: If we don't show up tomorrow, it is entirely possible that we will not have the opportunity to ever cast a ballot again.
Speaker 2: That is either dumb or incredibly irresponsible.
Speaker 5: From open ruined free last night at a Kamala Harris rally, It's just ridiculous to stay stuff like that. And I know Trump is saying the same stuff, but all the surguates don't need to jump on board with the candidates and claim that the other side is Hitler or a fascist or a communist or democracy ends if the other side wins.
Speaker 2: It's just it's why how could we not be better than that?
Speaker 5: As I quoted someone earlier, when people say this is the most divided we've ever been, that's wrong.
Speaker 2: But the most.
Speaker 5: Divided and stupid we've ever been definitely true, which is very disappoint.
Speaker 1: I'm so aghast at what Oakpriss said. I just there ought to be and this is probably an incursion against the First Amendment.
Speaker 2: But if somebody says something like that, there.
Speaker 1: Should be heavy, heavy fines when they inevitably turn out to be completely wrong, I'm not serious with that proposal. But you can say crap like that. You can have people stirred up to violence and insanity and never pay a price for it.
Speaker 2: That's a little frustrating, but right, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: David Birds, who we regularly quote from his Twitter feed, said love him.
Speaker 2: I have to chuckle.
Speaker 5: How all these cable news channels that have spent the last thirty years pumping insane hysteria take a quick break election day to tape up some patriotic bunting and talk about quaint Dixville, Notch and bell Weather, Ohio and whatnot. That is true, After just all the nutty, crazy, over the top stuff everybody says on election day, you put up some red, white and blue crape paper and good old time.
Speaker 2: He put on a straw hat.
Speaker 5: Right, but more importantly, so I was, I wish I could just grab the clip and play it of Charles C. W. Cook on the National Review podcast yesterday. Now we're having a conversation about where you are on the election, or how you feel after election day or whatever, and and his take was, how incredibly sad he is just for the civic health of the country, no matter what, based around all of the insanely over the top misleading stories the mainstream media has gone with in the last week, really in the last you know, on the entire Trump era, but in the last several days, our most important institutional media sources, whether it's CBS News, Washington Post, New York Times or whatever, you know, talking heads that people respect, acting like Trump threatened the life of Liz Cheney or good for instance, being willing to play the abbreviated clip of there will be a blood bath or whatever, which and utterly unforgiven.
Speaker 2: And Charles C. W.
Speaker 5: Cook could not hate Trump more. I mean, he is an anti he's absolutely man is not fit for the office. But as he says, our civic health we have none. If if Trump is not the sort of person that you can with real quotes and real statistics and real arguments defeat and you're gonna just go with lies. You're just gonna make up crap and so as he said, and this is true. And this is a situation we've been in. So you end up where Trump supporters believe none of the stuff that people put out there because so much of it is untrue, and Trump haters believe all of it because enough of it from Trump is true because he does say and do crazy stuff. And that's just that's no way to run a country, or a society or a national conversation, certainly.
Speaker 1: And neither side has any interest in hearing from respectful dissent about a story or.
Speaker 2: What have you. Right, you know what.
Speaker 1: And we've discussed this question of intelligence versus wisdom and several contexts already today. But the fact that the people of the left, including the media, don't understand the damage they're doing to their own influence right by for instance, the Liz Cheney thing or the there's going to be a blood bath thing. I mean, you give away your creditbility. Well there was the excenta javiny, but you.
Speaker 2: Brought this one up yesterday over the weekend.
Speaker 5: At some point I didn't follow all his rallies, he says I should have stayed in the White House or whatever. He was talking about the open borders and how out of control immigration had gotten, and basically just saying I should have stayed, you know, to control the border. He wasn't making an argument for why on January sixth he shouldn't have left the White House, but they used that little clip and then portrayed it with January six So.
Speaker 2: Constantly misleading people.
Speaker 5: Does way more damage than either you're recognizing or I don't even know what. I don't know, like I've been saying now for years, I don't know if they actually believe it, if they're so into Trump derangement syndrome that.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't even even know.
Speaker 5: But you're helping Trump get elected with that sort of stuff, and more importantly, again the civic health of the country where nobody believes anything because you all make crap up all the time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But in a media environment, keeping in mind that they as we are, in a for profit business, I think probably very smart people have looked at the numbers and decided that pandering is clearly the model that works. You get a small ish but loyal audience and you tell them what they want to hear, over and over and over again. And that's the way to survive in the current media environment because competition is so intense.
Speaker 5: Well, we're at a new level though, or into a new era or something. I watch all Mark Halprin's podcasts with all the different strategists and everything like that, and he tries as hard as anybody I've seen to be nonpartisan.
Speaker 2: But he said that coverage of the Liz Cheney story.
Speaker 5: Was the most egregious, over the top, especially in the final days of an election, of any media coverage he's ever seen in his lifetime. To claim that Donald Trump was talking about lining Liz Cheney up against the wall and executing her the way CBS News did, the way the Washington Post did.
Speaker 2: I mean, your organizations is just what do you even do with that?
Speaker 1: It's abandoning even the pretense of uh, honestly honesty. I mean, you could use fancy journalistic terms about it, but when you either knowingly say something you know to be one hundred and eighty degrees misleading, or you are so crazed with your own ideology that you can't even recognize that anymore. Yeah, you're in a You're in a hell of a spot as a as a media landscape, and as a country, as a people.
Speaker 2: It is disturbing. It's beyond annoying, right.
Speaker 1: And I'm not talking about the partisan advantage the Democrats get for being, you know, practically uniformly biased, because I'm used to that and that's just the landscape we live in. I cherish the First Amendment. And if you want to use the First Amendment to pretend to be one thing and do another, there's nothing I can do about it except be better at the game than you. But it's just disturbing on a human level that anybody would be that dishonest, and then people would either not notice it or not care.
Speaker 2: Democracy can't work, No, not like that. It can't.
Speaker 5: And so do we have the ability as a nation to turn the tide back toward you know, I don't know major influencers, news sources, gatekeepers who are willing to call balls and strikes somewhat fairly, or as we head into the world of AI and even more siloed information, is it just over? Are we just doomed to have no ability to figure out what is a true story and what is not probably that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are some examples, including us of people doing pretty well trying to call balls of strikes.
Speaker 2: I mean, we certainly have our point of view.
Speaker 1: But when Trump says something stupid or does something stupid, we say, boy, Trump did something or said something stupid.
Speaker 2: It's not that hard major media, You'll get used to it.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 5: I can come up with them off the top of my head. He should definitely not up said over the weekend, if you try to shoot me, shoot through the media to get me or something like that. I mean, just the the former president, quite possibly about to be elected next president.
Speaker 2: Should not talk about shooting the media.
Speaker 1: No, and tens thousands who knows of suburban women who were thinking, you know, the open border, the inflation, you know what I am going to vote for Trump heard that and put their ballots in a shredder. They just too much, too much. Yeah, for instance, so way frustrating. Love this on a much lighter note. Latinos have been abandoning Kamala Harris and now we have some clues as to why, quoting the free press. They don't want to be called Latinxes. So for a few years it was necessary the Democrats call Latino people Latinxes, despite clear and persistent protests. Why because Latino and Latina are gendered words and binary ones to boot, and the Dems needed a non binary way to speak about this population in case any Latinxes use they them pronouns or something. Well, plus, the whole postmodern thing, neo Marxist thing, denies that there are any binaries. It's stupid and ridiculous. The fact that anybody falls for it is amazing. But our entire university system is infected in this. But anyway, literally the whole group was supposed to accept being renamed for the sake of any they them Latino people.
Speaker 2: Needless to say, it didn't work.
Speaker 1: So there's a big serious study out of Harvard University about how it being called Latinx made Latinos turn to Trump, and they go into a bunch of detail, but it's it's a significant effect that it's had on the Latino vote. The exposure to it was enough. You can imagine scenarios that might do it. One white guy with a man bun says something about ola my LATINX brothers and all who hear it suddenly decide they must absolutely vote for Trump. That very day, You'd think whoever came up with LATINX must feel like whoever forgot to lock the door at the Wuhan Institute of Virology upon seeing this study, here's the punchline.
Speaker 5: I still hear LATINX on NBR. Here, friends, is the punchline. Do you think the authors of this study about why Latinxes are going to Trump would now recommend LATINX be retired?
Speaker 2: No? No, The conclusion is we need to shame.
Speaker 1: The Latinxes until they accept the term. The studies co author Marcel Roman, an assistant professor of government.
Speaker 2: At HAVAD, wrote this about the finding.
Speaker 1: Quote, we should still be using gender inclusive language. The problem for Democrats is that segments of the Latino community that are queer phobic and would otherwise support them are less likely to do so if queerness is made salient through inclusive language. So, yes, call them Latinxes, but add that they're queer phobic. That'll bring them over, shame them into using the term. That's what Harvard says.
Speaker 5: So that's that whole intersectionality where you have to rank various groups, and apparently they've ranked the people who don't believe in gender above people with brown skin, or at least.
Speaker 1: The brownskinned people are the evil doers until they conform to the white grad students orders for what they should call themselves.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is something that's from Harvard. Please shut Harvard down.
Speaker 5: Breaking news before we take a break. Trump is voting in Florida. He has walked into the polling place with his wife at his side, who looks like a model, and is leaving her sunglasses on. How do we feel about leaving your sunglasses on in the polling place? She has a model, so as they give you some leeway for leaving your sunglasses on?
Speaker 2: Just seems like an odd look.
Speaker 1: Are they prescription? I wear prescription sunglasses and be walking through a grocery store with my sunglasses on.
Speaker 2: She's just standing there with Trump while he talks. Do you honestly care about that? I mean, I think it's a little I don't think it's a good look. Maybe it's the flashbulbs. Maybe she doesn't like the flash.
Speaker 5: Ball I think that's a good look for her to leave her sunglasses on while he's standing taking questions.
Speaker 2: For well host overly adamant insults online. That's all you can do these days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he looks way older than her. Is that because he is that's got to be part of it. So maybe the most interesting actual stat not like conjecture, but actual stat about voting that is out about Pennsylvania could be huge. And I don't know what the explanation for it is that, among other things on the way stay tuned, Armstrong, look, look.
Speaker 3: Regrets, you always have regrets.
Speaker 9: I can't think of any to be honest, to use her expression, I can't think of any.
Speaker 3: Look. I red great campaign.
Speaker 9: I think it was maybe the best of the three. We did great in the first one. We did much better in the second one, but something happened and this.
Speaker 3: Was the best. I would say this was the best campaign in the man.
Speaker 5: So interesting Trump at the polling place, voting and then to answer in a few questions with his sunglassed wife standing next to him like expressionless. Maybe that's why draws attention to it. She's got sunglasses on as like standing like a statue while we talk.
Speaker 2: So I just I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 1: I have believed since twenty fifteen that she hates him being in politics. Could she signed on to be the trophy wife of a very rich real estate developer, go to n alrash rights and responsibilities thereof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: You fly around on a plane, you go to cool places, nice restaurants, wonderful vacations.
Speaker 1: You don't not constantly scrutinized political family.
Speaker 5: I could believe that absolutely anyway. So that was Trump whyle him play that first.
Speaker 2: Part to get I thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Look, regrets, you always have regrets.
Speaker 9: I can't think of any to be honest, to use her expression, I can't think of any.
Speaker 5: To use her expression. I can't think of any any differences between you and Biden.
Speaker 2: I can't think of any.
Speaker 1: That was one of the most idiotic and inexplicable political answers in the history of journalism from Kamala and I'm calling Kamala and I'm calling the view journalists in this scenario, which is odd. But not seeing that question coming and not having an answer for it, that is, it boggles the mind.
Speaker 5: Even if you didn't see it coming, to not be able to come up with something other than I can't think of.
Speaker 2: Any and nothing comes to mind. Trump was asked another question.
Speaker 3: The possibility that you and Vice President Harris both might not get to two hundred and seventy electoral votes by the end of tonight.
Speaker 9: It should never happen. A thing like that should never happen. This election should be over. They spend all this money and machines, and frankly, if they'd use paper ballots, it would be over by ten o'clock. And by the way, the paper ballots would cost eight percent, would be eight percent of the cost. If they would use paper ballots, voter ID, proof of citizenship and.
Speaker 3: One day voting, it would all be over by ten o'clock in the evening.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 5: So this is a stat that a lot of Democrats are worried because of and Republicans are hopeful because of it.
Speaker 2: And it's been holding up for a while.
Speaker 5: In Pennsylvania, the number of early votes turned in, remembering Biden won the state by less than one hundred thousand votes in twenty twenty, so Democrats in twenty twenty went into election day with over a million vote lead because of early voting. The latest numbers out as of this morning today, the Democrats go in with a four hundred thousand vote lead, so six hundred thousand thousand votes less than twenty twenty for the Democrats while the Republicans increased theirs a little bit.
Speaker 2: How do you explain that?
Speaker 5: As Mark Alprin said in his podcast this morning, he said he finds it very difficult to see how Kamala Harris wins Pennsylvania with those numbers. I mean, what's your explanation why Democrat votes dropped off that much while Republican votes increased a little bit. That doesn't include Trump running away with the state.
Speaker 2: That's a real head scratcher.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Republicans increasing I could explain, but that's precipitous drop in the Democrat votes. That's just unless there's some sort of unbelievable groundswell of working class America moving to the right more than even we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's just crazy. You'd have to come up.
Speaker 5: You'd have to believe that a whole bunch of Democrats that voted by mail last time because of COVID maybe are going to go to the polls in person today. But I mean a lot, and Democrats are the party of voting early, So I don't know, I don't know if that means anything or not, but it's certainly good.
Speaker 1: Well, the delightful aspect of all of this is that sooner or later, all of these questions will be answered.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just hope it's sooner rather than later. Longer it goes, the more insane of this country will be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do want to talk a little bit about what we will learn from this either tomorrow or a week or so from now. But there's a whole bunch we're going to learn from this election that could be damned interesting, like our realignment, like we haven't seen.
Speaker 1: That conversation, and more in the next hour. If you don't get the next hour, grab the podcast Armstrong e Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Subscribe Armstrong and Getty