Speaker 1: Man's KG certified. We got the one and only today, but your cousins in the house. Baby's with you, boys, and thank you for coming through this.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you what you've been on, bucks Man. I'm out the way. Man, I've been on father time keeping his body in order around for these guys.
Speaker 1: And get me a call. Really, that's really even as simple. Right now, that's the script. Right now, that's the script.
Speaker 3: Man. I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor.
Speaker 1: That's dope, man, that's when you're watching. Man, what are you I don't want to sit up there and call it man, but are you sitting here seeing yourself and playing all that?
Speaker 3: Man? Look right now, I'm the third best center in the.
Speaker 1: League right now, right now, right now, right.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm the third best center the league. But I mean, I'm a fan of the game. I'm always watching. I'm always enjoy you know, these guys talents and things of that nature. But I don't know the game just in a different place from my from my perspective, it's in a way different place than you know. I came in with you guys, you know, being the top tier guys in the league, and of that and they so the energy.
Speaker 3: Was way different.
Speaker 2: And then you know, it was a certain point where I was that guy and the energy was way different than now.
Speaker 3: It's just different. It's the best way of putting it.
Speaker 1: So to the point where you don't recognize it no more. Turned you off a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't recognize it's it's the game is just so different. The you know, the foundation of it is completely gone. The competitive nature is completely gone, just you know, wanting to outdo the next guy in front of you.
Speaker 3: I think that whole dynamic is gone.
Speaker 1: So it ain't no competitive juices no more. You don't think gods guys.
Speaker 3: And it's nothing wrong with being friendly. At the end of the day. This's the brotherhood. This is this is a fraternity.
Speaker 1: So we're boring against each other.
Speaker 2: We came in as competitors, warriors, like you know what I'm saying, So that whole concept is gone, Like I don't want to upset the next guy, or if you say the wrong thing is held against you for the next teen years.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just weird. It so I don't know the game. It's just in a different place. Man.
Speaker 1: I got to ask you this. I never had a chance to ask you this man, Rondo is my little brother. That's my big brother, no doubt, we're very close. Uh not too much, but he will always give script to you and how great you were. And I used to always ask him, man, I never heard about none of your influences growing up. Who influenced you when you when you was watching who were you trying to be like? Or who were some of the pieces that you was taking from.
Speaker 2: So the way I was coming up like, it was never one guy I wanted to specifically be by, be like, I was fans of a certain guy, and I took something from each guy.
Speaker 3: Fucked with you obviously, that's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Mello being his size, being able to move the way he does, the different gifts with and that's that was my influence.
Speaker 3: On the offensive side of the ball, mellow.
Speaker 2: Power, Gasol being able to do the different things with the ball pass and being able to shoot.
Speaker 3: It's, you know, very very solid player.
Speaker 2: Pound or marred with his explosiveness, just attacking the remnant way he did, and then it was shocked with his dominance.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But the guy that I felt like was a combination of all that was Charles Barkley who is really who? I feel like I played like you know what I'm saying. I was a bigger version of him, but we played similar. But uh yeah, he wasn't a fan of me while I was a fan of him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, you know what it is, book. I think a lot of people from the outside watched you play and forget about themselves. Anybody that's passionate, anybody that's played to dominate the game. Everybody. First off, everybody don't play the game dominated understand, so they ain't gonna understand when you dominating it, you know what I'm saying. Bro, you you fifty five, and Dug you fifty five, twenty and seven, you're fifty nine sixteen, Like yo, yo, you was real shit. This is how DO and I would get into these conversations because I saw you like a hybrid of like five to six people. I saw how you could be brute like shock but then have twinkle toes, you know what I'm saying. And then Bro, you too, fifty you two fifty five? You you doing all this with power? Like That's why I asked you man, Like some of those things or hybrids or or mirrors of other people. But Bro you was one of your own bro where you creatively just in your own head with some of that bro. A lot of times I would watch Kevin Mchal split a trap with a step over and he was split, Bro. I saw you split a trap with a spin like some of it, Like are you are you conscious of what some of the stuff are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: And it's also playing to my strengths and also knowing my weaknesses like I was never in a I've never been a hot jumper ever at any point in my tree, right, So I had to be aware of that. And it got to a point as the different levels I went to. You know, guys, I'm playing against motherfuckers like you right, seven feet strong as shit, forty inch vertical, Like, it's a different type of game. So I gotta figure out how can I still be myself and be productive against basically something that I can't even really shoot over. So I learned how to use my body from z Bo as I after I got in the league. I'm like, I'm picking up on shit with it because Zebo fucked me up. I'm learning how to play defense the way Tim Duncan would because you know Tim, Timmy put that hand on your shoulder and.
Speaker 3: He blocked you up top, but you it stops you from getting that lift. So I'm picking up on you know, different ship.
Speaker 2: So I was a sponge and obviously I never had like a real until though.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know.
Speaker 2: God, that's part of my store me coming in. I didn't have an NBA guy, a call or a big bro.
Speaker 3: I ain't had that.
Speaker 2: I'm from country ass and it should have been Barkley. I was hoping it would have been. But you know, those things than the line. So I learned this shit on my fucking own through trial and trip. I ain't have a real VET in Sacramento outside of Francisco Garcia, but he can only teach me so much. Early on. He couldn't teach me how to be a superstar because he was never a superstars damn. So I had to learn a lot of shit on my own. So I just pick up every time I play a certain player learning from your ad. I'm gonna tell you one thing I learn from Big Perk.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, shout out the Big Perk.
Speaker 3: Shout out Big Perk.
Speaker 2: I'll come in the game before the game even start. You know, we line up for jump Perk giving me the bump off jump. So I'm already on some ship like men, what the fuck you on? You know, Perk ain't paying me no mind. He already in my head. So I'm picking up on that like ship. All right, whoever I play, I'm bumping your ass soon as we get out there, to the point you.
Speaker 3: Let man what you want. I ain't paying you no mine, but I'm in your head.
Speaker 2: So every time I come around, you worry about me bumping you. Now I'm gonna just gonna pass your ass. You know what I'm saying. So I just had to learn through my trials and tipulation. I picked up on ship. Okay, I see what you're doing here. Yeah, so that's how I had to.
Speaker 1: Learn, like some natural ship bro, like this natural joint. Man, tell me about your your early your early days of coming up. Man. I know you, I know you was in high school, born and raised Alabama boy, country boy man my store.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna just put it like this. I was.
Speaker 1: I've been this height since my freshman year in high school. I started off playing football. What position in football I wont good?
Speaker 3: Or I won good?
Speaker 1: No position?
Speaker 2: No, I just wanted to be a football Okay, I ain't play. I didn't play what tall ware you taller? So you know in littly it's pounds.
Speaker 1: So I'm taller than everybody in my class, taller than the kids.
Speaker 2: Man, So I had to play up, so they dominated me even more. But I got the white. I couldn't lose the weight.
Speaker 1: You get better, though, got better, play bigger. Yeah, it all.
Speaker 2: Worked out for me. All all this ship have been worked out, benu. It all played a small part in who I became. So my entire life, I was always, you know, the young guy with all the older people.
Speaker 3: So I learned I lived the fashi of life.
Speaker 2: I experienced things quicker than the other kids my age, from everything.
Speaker 3: Every I hopped off the porch. Yeah you know what that.
Speaker 1: So basketball really saved me because I ended up hitting this.
Speaker 3: It's part of my life. I think we all do.
Speaker 2: When you come from a certain environment, you hit this a certain part of your life, it's like, what the fuck I'm gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What?
Speaker 2: And when you're coming up in I rhyn man, it ain't no left for right. Motherfucker's left right up.
Speaker 1: The middle, a little further left, a little, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot of routes.
Speaker 2: So trying to figure this out and credit to my mom. You know what I'm saying, crazy thing. I'm walking through school. This is how my basketball story start. I'm walking through school, just the seventh grade, walking through school and skipping class at the time. Hey, you coaches walking down shout out to Gary. Coach Gary. But he's walking through the hallways and he stops me, like and at this time, I'm like six six six four and I'm like six five sixty six. So he stops me and he's like, man, like I told you, YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I tell him. He's like, what are you like sophomore, you know, junior. I'm like, nah, in the seventh damn.
Speaker 3: He like what the fuck? He like, you played Boston exactly like you played Bob. No, I'm just out here, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So he like, man, he got my in from he I need you at practice today. So I go home and I'm like, mah, yes, some man hollered at me and you're going to do this, this and this with me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, she's talking.
Speaker 2: About traveling all over the world playing basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm like can't right at you straight up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, I don't know about all that.
Speaker 2: So my mom ended up having a conversation when she come back to me, like, you know, so I think you need to do this. I'm like, I ain't feeling that, Like I don't even know what that. She was like, Man, listen, just try it out, because all you're really doing right now is getting in trouble, you know, part of the bullshit, So like you need to do.
Speaker 3: This, try it out. Rest is history.
Speaker 2: So and even through that I was it was a little rinky thing AU team, like we was doing car washers and selling donuts just to make a tournament country ship, like real country ship. So I was never a prospect where I was like being groen. You know most of these guys are groom coming in yourself, like like y'all were groomed at a certain point, got you know what I'm saying. You had somebody that was you know what I'm saying. For me, it was just like I'm learning. I ended up trust and two people, which was my mom and my AU coach, Dandy Pritchett, And it's like man and and all I'm here and it's like man, you're gonna be an NBA player, this and this and that, and I'm like, I mean, how the hell you know?
Speaker 3: How many NBA players you know? So how the fuck you know I'm going to the NBA?
Speaker 1: Man pushing it like that, But he's pushing it.
Speaker 2: And obviously you know your your your elders, and don't they see ship that you can't see as a young person.
Speaker 1: But in my head, all I see is my environment. All I see was what's around it.
Speaker 2: So it's like I don't believe the ship you're saying, and I don't even have the confidence inside it, Like I don't think I'm not good. I'm better than y'all niggas, cause y'all ain't shit. I'm better than y'all, But that don't mean i'm something, you know what I'm saying. So ship just kind of played out this coach, my coach, my AU coach, coach Danny worked that motherfucker was literally gonna pick me up every day even when I'm like, nah, I'm cool, Like now, come.
Speaker 3: On, get it. There were in the gym.
Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 3: Every day in the gym.
Speaker 2: And then by ninth grade, I started in seven, By ninth grade.
Speaker 3: I was another one playing the country.
Speaker 1: You always had to handle.
Speaker 3: This is how that happened.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, I told you the people I watch, I'm watching mellows and I was always a fan of basketball.
Speaker 3: I just didn't play.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm I'm like.
Speaker 3: And I never was like I want to be.
Speaker 1: You know, there's still.
Speaker 3: Big and jump, somebody trying.
Speaker 1: To look cool. Niggas like I ain't doing nothing of that ship, boring that ship man, Like I'm trying to split the defensive, bang out on the month.
Speaker 3: So when I would hoop, you know, I just try ship.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it's a rinky dink ass. We ain't playing for ship. I'm just trying shit. And the first time I do it, I may kick that bitch in the stand. Second time I do it, I may get to the rim and air ball a layup. By the third time I'm doing it exactly what I'm doing. I done got to the rim and banged out on your ad. I'm like, okay, So the confidence just grew and I just try ship, just keep trying.
Speaker 3: I go home.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the motherfucker dude, the motherfucking Steve Francis Reebot commercial.
Speaker 3: They dribbling off the walls and let me try this ship. Man, I'm just trying ship.
Speaker 1: Case Steve Fans got you at home, dribbling off off the wall. Bro Peter Paul said, try it all.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying ship and I'm getting good at it. So that ship just all came together for him.
Speaker 1: By the time you get to Kentucky, you got I.
Speaker 2: Still don't believe really, So I ain't ever told this story, but coming out of high school, you know what I'm saying, I had a situation where it was Shorty saying, you know what I'm saying, I had a kid typical bullshit. So on my head, I'm like, one, I'm not even really believing this whole hoop ship, like that I'm number I'm top five in the country, all this ship that I'm still not really it's still not really clear to me. So I got I got to see and I'm like, you know what I'm saying, I'm gonna I got my own little personal, you know, internal thing slimming from my father.
Speaker 3: So I've always had the gold Like if I ever have my.
Speaker 2: Own seeds, I'm gonna be different from what I experienced. That was the person to go always through life because that's something that fucked with me. So you know what I'm saying, I'm allegedly having a seed, and it's like, you know, fuck that ship.
Speaker 3: Like I'm gonna stay home. I'm gonna do right by a little man.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So I'm one my official visit at Kentucky and Mom's being moms love her to death. She she convinced me to get the DNA because seed was here. I'm I'm taking care of the sea living with me. So Moms, I'm you know, I'm falling in love with it. Moms. You know they intuition moms. Me and mom, she let you need.
Speaker 3: To get a test.
Speaker 2: So as I'm walking through the doors of Kentucky, I swear to God right now I'm lying.
Speaker 3: I'm walking through the doors of Kentucky to go on my visit to meet Kyle.
Speaker 2: The doctor calls caused my mom's phone. My mom like this is the doctor. She's like I answer this real quick, come back like yeah, it's not you.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, damn, You're supposed to go do the visit like this.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm fucked up in that moment. But I'm like, man, look I'll work about that ship. Later, like I walk in there now, I'm like I got a clear mind like what I'm about to do. So it kind of started to fire me. I'm like, yeah, cal I'm coming to Kentucky. Bro Oh wow, I'm gonna go ahead and make this ship. And you know, I handled that situation for what it was and wow, moved on with my life. So at this point I'm now at a new stage in my life with Kentucky. I'm still not confident I'm coming in. I ain't on no draft boards and no shit like that. Like I had my you know, rough history throughout high school. I speak on that on another time, but you know, it's already kind of stigma about me at this point. I still don't know how to be a professor. Shit, I don't even not really be a collegiate athlete. I'm just going with the flow. Like I said, I'm learning through trials and tripulations.
Speaker 1: I still don't have this person I can call like, hey, how I need to do this.
Speaker 2: So who I learned from I learned from my roommate John Wall. So I'm looking at how John Wall carry yourself. I told him this when we were in Houston. I told him that we was having a little you know, yeah, guys, I'm rapping. I'm like, five, I ain't ever told you the story before. So I'm like, man, I learned from you on how to prepare myself for this next level. And you know, I five had a little team around him, you know what I'm saying to, you know, preparing for that next level. So our structure, we we roommates as they would come see him and ship.
Speaker 3: I'm just taking into information, like, Okay.
Speaker 1: John was a big deal in high school coming there, number one pick right, so you know, it's a little team, you know, you know, they put that structure around exactly. So I'm just falling there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need Okay, five, I need to go work on this bet I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna work on my ship too. Then so everything.
Speaker 2: Five and I watched all he carried itself, just with the media and the fans, and I'm like, okay, so I'm just people, I'm just taking in the ship.
Speaker 3: I can. Man. By the end of the year, I'm they like, man, top five, I'm like, oh ship okay. So I'm like shit, I'm thinking that.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like, bro, I don't even know if I'm ready, like they think, I'm still not confident enough to be like I'm ready.
Speaker 1: What was it? You just knew your flaws, my flaws.
Speaker 3: All I ever heard in my life was my flaws. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Only the people close to me was the ones telling me how great I was in life.
Speaker 3: All I heard was my flaws.
Speaker 1: So that ship.
Speaker 3: Destroyed my confidence as a young as a young puppy.
Speaker 2: So I had to find my like I said, through my trials and tribulations. So with that, it's like, okay, you top five picks. I had the conversation with kN in my head, I'm I'm gonna come back to the car. I'm doing one more year. And then you know, you kind of what you don't know? You don't know you came straight out, but you kind of, you know, fall in love with it. This is the first time like I enjoyed playing basketball. I felt loved. I felt like I could be my Kentucky like put me into like a place that just like what's the work like just it was it was a peaceful environment.
Speaker 1: I could just be myself. I wasn't being judged. They enjoyed me for me, like all the positives.
Speaker 3: I was looking for my life.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. So I'm like, man, I want to stay here, like I'm trying to win the championship all this shit. So I haller that fire, Like, man, what you think about staying? I'm thinking about you know, joke him knowing in the floor. I was like, nigga, please we are man, I'm going to the league.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, well okay, I bet so let me go back to the drawing board. I had a conversation with Kyle. I'm like, Kyle thinking about coming back. And this was me and Kyle conversation. This is the end of the year joint, this is the end of the year meeting. And our conversation lasts about three minutes. So I'm like, I think I'm thinking about coming back. Kyle was like, all I got to say that. He was like, if you want to take care of your family, you're gonna leave. If you wanna take care of my family, you're gonna stay. Oh wow, appreciate it everything you did for me, Kyle. I see you in dam That was our conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a gainst.
Speaker 3: DN went on moved to the next.
Speaker 1: Phase, get a great offer, courtesy of KG Certified and ben him Jim, the King of Sportsbook signed up using bonus code KG one thousand, and you'll get back up to one thousand dollars, Yes, one thousand dollars in your bonus best if you don't win your first bet. That's for real. Ben him Jim's Paul Specials, daily yards boosts, fan friendly promos make it the best place to bet on all your favorite sports. Download the BETMGM app today or go to betimgm dot com and enter the bonus code KG one thousand, Yes KG one thousand, and you'll get up to one thousand dollars back in your bonus bets if you don't win your first bet. Nothing beats a w at BETAMGM that responsibly and nothing beloved. So you get to the league you're saying you weren't even all the way a one with the confidence, Bro, what's driving you at this point? Seeing that you shit to love Fax Facts and seeing that you're better than somebody, and then I'm like and then when it just I'm not even I'm speaking just from a mental stand Fax Fact.
Speaker 3: When it came to the hoop shit, it's just like all that shit cut off.
Speaker 2: I shut all that shit off, and all I know is I'm better than every nigga on this quarter.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter who it was. And even if it was somebody considered it better. I'm gonna be better venture because I'm gonna figure you OUTA that's how you look too, man. When I start studying, you start studying. It was hard to get a beam on like something that you did consistently because you didn't normally go one way. And yeah, you know another thing that you did great now that you say zbo because I'm I'm putting it together and your pump fakes. Man, you was one of the people and I'm teaching everybody here right now that when you rip through and you do a move, you have to rip through and go because the defender coming you was probably the best at rippings and then putting a pump fake. I ain't gonna say stopping because you can't stop it all of it. But you you gave an a move and then your b was to was to put something on the end because you knew my momentum coming.
Speaker 3: And here's your momentum against you.
Speaker 1: How you how you? How you how you get into something like that? You watching films just by again, you soaking it up on job training type ship.
Speaker 3: Like I said, when they came to me, who I never wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Just one dimensional? One dimensional? But they used to teach it. Then, Man, you don't hear this shit no more at all. But when I came in, they used to teach you how to have a go to move.
Speaker 2: And what was every big go to move? Fucking bullshit? What happens when they stop it? You pass that bitch out?
Speaker 3: So it's like, I don't even want that type of situation to happen for me.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, and you facing and you turn around you I'm facing up right. That's different to.
Speaker 3: It depends on who's guard me, all.
Speaker 1: Right, because you're a dog too.
Speaker 2: I got I got a big perk. I'm gonna get past because I can't. I can't out body. I'm gonna get past it, right, but I might have to make two extra moves to get past them.
Speaker 3: And it's all. And when I mean get past, it's not my entire body.
Speaker 2: It's my shoulder, because that's what you're all I gotta get past you is my shoulders on a drive, on a lay up whatever. I just gotta get my shoulders passed. So that's always the angle I'm looking for. Can I get my shoulders passed? So if I'm got perk, I'm out quickly. I got a smaller guy, let's say, I don't know, get me a big, a smaller big from bosh, I'm gonna use my body right.
Speaker 3: I can't out quickly. I can't do quick in no doubt.
Speaker 2: But hey, maybe he's super stronger that this motherfucker lifted today. He taking them bumps well today. So I'm out quick. You then bumpy right, and let's see how you handle that.
Speaker 1: And you're constructing all these moves off of watching film and then playing these people. Ain't nobody giving you.
Speaker 3: No bad man.
Speaker 1: You ain't even all feel damn. It's just feel damn. So you're giving a real download like that where you're just giving everybody you're playing. It's like a new script there.
Speaker 2: So wow, and I got guy. You know you kind of talking this motherfucker like I got Minte Moores play with the Wizards and his favorite point guard really can't guard me at all. But you know you'd be like, man, I know all your moves. I can guard you. How you know my moves and I don't know. I don't know my moves. It's all field for us. About to say you reacting. Everything is a reaction. You cut that off from the spin and put the shoulder on you. Now you're behind me. I might throw the pump fake in too, just to get you off your feet. Then I'm stepping through getting bumped and when and I got the angle to the layup that you can't block.
Speaker 1: And you abang that motherfucker. You fucking around, don't around. Yeah, I've seen you watch a couple of motherfuckers. Let me get my feet under me. You're gonna be. You're gonna be on a post. Talk about because you played with some some great bigs in college, do you have a nemesis? You got some who would you call? Who would you call your nemesis? Who is that one player you played where you not only look forward to playing with, but they also raised your level.
Speaker 3: In the league at the time.
Speaker 2: At the time my nemesis, it was always for me because I never really had like a partner crime because at the time we was playing, it was two bigs.
Speaker 1: Right, So you're talking about your days in Pelicans, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying that my I hate that word. It was still kind of too big.
Speaker 1: And I got you, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: My name sisters, it was it would it would go between uh Blake, Griffin and DJ and z Bo and Mark because those were the only and I throw Perk and surging there. Those were the guys I look forward to every time.
Speaker 1: So just how you're looking at it. And then yeah, because and then it's a lot of buddy buddying off you buddy buddy, meaning that I'm Guarden. I'm Guarden cuz, but the nigga who planed Aflorida five, he help.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're here. Now. We don't want to do to get off.
Speaker 1: So z Bo got you, but he z Bo's job is to make you spears so Mark can come beat your ship. So that's called buddy buddy. And what's so crazy is that, man, I'm telling you, I studied you like a book. Your first move was for the second.
Speaker 3: Guy, appsluely. I'm never off.
Speaker 1: Code the puff fake get Mark shash and hit his ass sudden Lloyd, you had a real like a I don't know how much of Kevin McHale did you watch, but you really had a lot of Kevin McHale. You know, niggas thought you was coming with like a bolo kind of debo kind of shack when.
Speaker 3: You know I had that, dude.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm saying it was hard to watch film of you. Bro. If I'm being one honded, like if I'm coming middle and I'm anticipating, I can't even do that because if I if I, if I come to it, You're drop. And you know what I'm saying. So I guarded you. I guarded you. I can only remember one time I guarded your dog and I was trying to make you spin. I was trying to I was trying to go to your skill set. And I remember one time. I mean, if y'all looked this up when I played cousin, you probably remember this, but I do. I tried. I tried to strip you. I tried to rip you, and you you spun out that motherfucking slow mo on my ass like like the matrix man I left. You know, I got a whole crewl niggas, maybe a big full like you big feller, got some ship with it because the first thing I'm gonna do, I'm gonna make you go to a being a c move and I was like, Man, this nigga pump Face is killing me. I'm not a nigga go for pump Face. I'm the one who go actually get you going and ship and get I was like, man, And that's when I knew, No, he got a middle game with this the middle game, and and Do would always break it down. And I always wonder, like, I wonder, who is this nemesis? Man who always get you say DJ and Blake.
Speaker 2: I mean those games, I wouldn't really say I had a nemesis because I'm gonna keep it a buck. Wasn't nobody fucking with me? I'm gonna just keep it all the way on. Nobody was fucking me as a dat nobody.
Speaker 1: What's the days of I've always wanted to notice, what's the summer what's the summer summertime running Kentucky? Like when his cat when it's a d when it's John Wall, when it's Doe. You know, show y'all, ain't are you fucking y'all? Aint did a cookout in the summertime in Kentucky? On cook It's a different error, bro, Bro, you got to bring to bring the guys all together. Man, go to cat house, talk to young boys who right there, all the young boys who went college. Right now, all y'all go back. I'm talking about what all y'all fuck everything? Man, Kentucky got that. Y'all got that, We got, y'all got that.
Speaker 3: Y'all got that.
Speaker 1: Y'all got that. Y'all got that. Y'all y'all damn there like Mason's got.
Speaker 4: Y'all got a whole class of ain't off roofing pat Riley and the motherfuckers don't even mass burn like people don't even remember, Like, Bro, I have it.
Speaker 1: I'm a historian talk about Kentucky in just those days, bro, Like I hate to even go there, but that's why I went.
Speaker 2: Like, that's the most fun I've ever had playing basketball.
Speaker 3: Like it was about basketball.
Speaker 2: It won no politics, it went no bullshit team he was it was a brotherhood.
Speaker 3: I knew my guy in my bank.
Speaker 2: You know, I had it is but it was nothing was It was never cloudy, it was never no gray or everything was black and white.
Speaker 1: Then okay, let me ask you this. I got to set this up. Glad you said that, right, because in the days of where we have ni l in college. Now if someone would have said to you the Marcus Cousins instead of going to the league with nil being where it is today in college because someone possibly proposition you to do four years in college with being able to be paid like you were in the NBA. The league a little different, the league nine figures, high eight figures, but to get a high seven figures in college to make five million dollars in high school? Bro, Bro, you following the nil deals? Are you sing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, I asked Peter, is going to be a time where we see four year players come back to college to do two years, three year and coach in college just resign those players.
Speaker 3: It depends. It depends on the talent level.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean, because you there's always going to be some kid. I don't think every kid is gonna take the G League grow. I don't think everybody's preparing for that. Some guys need that. I was a guy that needed I don't think I could have came straight up. I was too naive, too ignorant to everything going on.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: I was that when I came in, so I was even more coming out. I was straight out of the jungle guy. So it depends on certain situation. Also depends on the talent of the player, and we can use examples guys like a Tyler Hansbrough.
Speaker 3: Who was you know, a college legend.
Speaker 2: I think that type of guy would benefit from that greatly because once he gets to the other side, like the NBA, it's not the same thing, you know what I'm saying. So I think a guy like that Ben's But then you have a John Wall, why the funk would you stay for you?
Speaker 1: You gotta go to the league.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a great option, and I'm happy about it because one even the guys that aren't as talented that can go to that next level, they can they still do that same grind and sacrifice. Right the motherfucker feet was hurting just like the next guy.
Speaker 1: Facts. But does it help? But does it save college? It saves college college?
Speaker 3: Man, that ship.
Speaker 1: I'm just watching college.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 2: College is they they're giving their reparations. Man, at this point, they've robbed us enough. Let's just keep it a buck. These ain't number of reparations, bro.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 3: Man. That shits sick when you really talk about it, when you really.
Speaker 2: Sit there and indeed, deep into the ship that they had going on in college and how they treated these athletes that' Sh'S si. This ain't number of reparations, man, thinking the funk about that college. I watched how many people and I always that can tell and and this is not to contuck, because this is just the time we was in. Man, I'm going we having tournaments and fucking cancn Mexico and there's three thousand people with the cousins in Kentucky shirt.
Speaker 3: But the vendor outside he just made sixty bands with my name. But I get in trouble for a free meals?
Speaker 1: Come on, brother, or a drink Cords anybody like what anything?
Speaker 2: This nigga just made sixty bands off my name and I don't. I can't get a free meal these reparations, bro, give the fun out. No college, don't care about No. I got love for Kentucky, no doubt. But the n C double A and kids, mind?
Speaker 1: Did you ever trained? Was you ever trained players?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Is it players that you watched that you want to?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Who are some of the favorite players to watch? One or two of them?
Speaker 3: My love Big Joe.
Speaker 2: Joe reminds me a lot of myself, just with everything he can do so.
Speaker 3: Joe l for sure, I like Yo. I'm a fan of Cat.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think those three are the best offensive bigs in the league. But the guys that I think are right on the cusp and like, I would love opportunity to work with kind of under the radar.
Speaker 3: Wyndale Carter, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He had a lot of good bones. Man. He wants to be a little bit too perimeterve for me. Though he got it. Though he shoot the three, he got it. He's strong as hell on.
Speaker 3: He reminds me of Bro. He got it, He got that, he got it.
Speaker 1: Bro. The fact that he can play outside and come down, get you the jump, come back and count.
Speaker 3: Give me one deal.
Speaker 1: I'll turn out into shout the Windale.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: He listen a lot of times when I'm watching him. Man, he'll finish when I thought he should have. He should have. Just sometimes you gotta figure it, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, go figure young to your baby? How old is it? What thell like just for three years? Four years?
Speaker 3: Four or five? And damn or what is.
Speaker 1: It when dal have been to leave five years?
Speaker 3: Your baby?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Damn your baby. So I would love a chance. I think, I like, I think he got a lot of game. Who else is out there? I like Scottie Barnes, Yeah, I like scott I like Scotty Barns. I think I could add a dynamic to this game. I mean he's a more periminive oriented guy that he's such a big forward. Yes, he developed anything nitty to around the monster.
Speaker 1: He can play point forward right now. He I didn't know his I didn't know his handle was like that.
Speaker 3: Got a lot.
Speaker 1: I didn't know his handle was like that. I love Scotty though. Scotty Man is one of my favorite six years six years for Windal sam Mitchell shout to Sam Mitchell, man he was he was, uh, he was telling about Windale. I guess he was doing some mentorship with Windale.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I got to ask you this man, Man, I think we was outside hollered about Man. I gotta I gotta ask you this.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It looks like, well, I'm gonna make this a two parter because I got to ask you where a game going? The game super European. That's a whole nother story right right. But when I'm watching, when I'm watching the league, man man joke about to win his third He's about to win his third straight MVP. And when I look at the abundance of talent in the league, I can't sit up here and say like, oh my, I got like I can't sit up here. I'm got joking right here and everybody right here like three straighter road. Bro, Man, you gotta give me something morning man.
Speaker 2: I mean this is no not to Yogis because he's an incredible and he's a Hall of Fame time.
Speaker 1: I was going hell of a player. I was going hell of a player. I was gonna ask you, I've witnessed it personally. Is it the system? Though? Boogie? Could you picked him up?
Speaker 2: He created the system. I don't think this was a system put around. I think he created that system because he's that talmented.
Speaker 1: So the offense step, I think he just using yokas that stuff. You know, A long time ago seventy six, the Portland Trailblazers used Bill Walton like this where he was he was just doing all this with Johnny Davis and all the guards they had. Do you see is it something like that where he just they just playing through him and he just making everybody better.
Speaker 2: He blowing Billy out the water, bro, He blowing Billy out the water.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying in the times where in that time in seventy seventy six, seventy seven, the Trail Blazers was using Bill that way.
Speaker 2: That was more, It was more and so half court. This is a full court game. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He's blowing Bill after they still bring it all down, throwing it to Bill. Bill, then he's making it. He going through it, He going through him, same shit, he's bringing it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he initiating it. Yeah, Bill wasn't initiated this. He was.
Speaker 3: Jamal Murray's taking the ball out, giving it to him.
Speaker 1: Facts, Damn, that's a play coming down.
Speaker 3: He's created the system.
Speaker 2: But I'm not okay with it being three m vps in the row because it then becomes a conversation of is this the best basketball player to ever touch a basketball? And I think we can all agree on that and say it's not. I'm not saying he can't be, not saying he doesn't deserve more down the road, but at this stage in his career, I'm not okay with saying that he hasn't won anything. He hasn't been to a final, Like it's a lot of things still in play for that.
Speaker 3: So that's my only concern.
Speaker 2: And now this is we're in the conversation he's at this point he's the best center of all.
Speaker 3: Times with three in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three in a row.
Speaker 2: Hed we're putting them over the likes of Shaquille O'Neil King, Elijah Tim Duncan. And it's just like Will Chamberlain, It's like, that's a that's a tough conversation to have because we've seen what these guys have done, We've seen how their careers have panned out. So can we sit here and say, right now today the Yokish not only the best big to ever play, but the best basketball player to ever touch the ball with three MVPs in the row. And I'm not comfortable saying that. I'm just not comfortable saying that.
Speaker 1: And he go and it looks like and you know, he hasn't won it, but but he's averaging a triple doubles. I don't I don't see him not winning us.
Speaker 2: But I also don't understand that analogy either, because when Russ was, you know, he made it cool to do that again after Oscar and he did it two seasons back then, but on the second season, it's like, oh, whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, we did, so why are we now glorifying? And now you know we didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't give it shine as Scheck, And when.
Speaker 2: We didn't, we was off. We was on to the next guy. So why are we giving him this shine to a guy that's not all?
Speaker 3: And I got it.
Speaker 2: Last year he had an unhealthy team. He carried a team to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Cool, he has a fully healthy team.
Speaker 3: He's averaging the triple double. At this point, it's a norm because it's the.
Speaker 2: Same thing that Russ did. So why is it now being like this is so amazing? Let's let's move my personal opinion. I'm going with Joel this year, Joel got a chance. I think with this new young generation of players. Outside of bron Kadie and all those guys, this new generation, those three guys are the most dominant. Two of them already gotten their flowers. Let this young guy get his flowers, man, because he deserves it. How much how much longer does he have to put in his work to get his flowers?
Speaker 3: He's leading the league in scoring.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard.
Speaker 3: It's not hard.
Speaker 1: The league always looks at the teams that are winning. That's not true. I'm telling you just smoke on two guys. Wasn't winning last year?
Speaker 3: He wasn't. Russ wasn't winning that year.
Speaker 1: What they go to They go to the efficiency ship, What's I don't know what.
Speaker 3: That's why it changed. It's like, who do we love this year? What storyline will we pushing this there?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it a buck and not taking anything away from Russ, But it became the storyline when Kadi left.
Speaker 1: What's solid?
Speaker 3: Then once it happened, they want to the next.
Speaker 1: Story and then he did it the next year.
Speaker 2: So if it's about being number one and winning, steps should have multiple facts.
Speaker 1: Bron should have multiple shit book. Devin bookersh have MVB. They were number one in the west Man for a couple of years ago. What are we talking about? Strong arguments? Hear what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know what the requirements are to become MVP because it's kind of all over the who do we like this year? Who's the favorite? Who we kissing the ass to this year? Let's just keep it a buck.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what the requirements are.
Speaker 1: Can you be in today's game and be a big and not have two things a three ball in a year row. You gotta have those things to be a starting center.
Speaker 3: Nah, you ain't gotta.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be You're gonna be a superstar center.
Speaker 3: To be a superstar center, you have to have those. To be a max center, you have to have those. To be a star center, you don't. You got to be able to You gotta be able to jump high, run fast, and be athletic.
Speaker 1: They don't have to all go together, but that's what you need to be a starter. Are you shocked at what you're seeing from a guy like brook Lopez?
Speaker 3: He don't know, he don't know. I know what that dude do.
Speaker 1: Shot the logan dog.
Speaker 3: I know what he do. I've been on the other side of that, right, I know what he do.
Speaker 1: He a quiet monster too.
Speaker 2: You know, he just got kind of stripped of his privilege. You know, it gets to a point in your career they just kind of like, nah, you ain't that got stripped of his privileges. The boy caund ball always good.
Speaker 1: But you know what's crazy? Brooks out side shot. It's like, what's keeping him afloat in this whole thing. His three ball came out of note like since I think I think, I want to say, like fifteen sixteen. I think every since fifteen sixteen. He's taking this this voyage on like shooting the three in this he's shooting. He's shooting the motherfucker from the parking lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is.
Speaker 1: He shooting that motherfucker from the parking lite.
Speaker 3: Huh, he.
Speaker 1: He is, and he might. He got a good chance of Mike being able to win a Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's the first or second in contest in shots and shots block. Let me claxon, Let me claxon. He having a good ass year or two years. Man, he had been crazy. What's are you into the podcast game? Yeah, you jumped in the air.
Speaker 3: You're going I've been.
Speaker 2: I've been so many people has told me to, you know, start using my voice more.
Speaker 1: What people want to hear from you. I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Good friend of mindre mind.
Speaker 2: He's probably been one of the biggest advocates like, man, get you a podcast, go speak no doubt. So it's probably in the words I know absolutely, you know absolutely.
Speaker 1: This will probably be one of your favorite things because this is your chance to be able to fire back or be able to give absolutely. But anything that comes out on anything that we ain't feeling, we come on here, we speak about it and don't nobody. We're not We're not censored. We fuck got fuck fuck. You know what I'm saying. And that's the beauty of it, having partners versus a boss. You know what I'm saying, coming in working with people. What's next for you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna finish. I'm gonna squeeze this lemon keep. You know, I'm thirty two, I got a lot of hoop left in. I'm gonna squeeze this limit. With that, I still gotta a burning desire to play. So if it's you know, the league or you know, somewhere else, i'ma I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Go finish playing ball. Are you watching Dwight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I see d white Man Dwight over there.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker them three thirty seven nine, Like, man, what.
Speaker 1: Shout to the white man?
Speaker 3: You about to get a maximum time half man in Tiwan?
Speaker 2: Get that, man, It's Holloway's Flowers.
Speaker 1: Ship getting it done because people don't know. Man, you see the numbers, you gotta go get them how has he gotta put the buck You gotta put it in the bucket, you hear me?
Speaker 3: How's he not time sent?
Speaker 1: Man? Listen, you know they got a whole script on this joint. Man. They got a whole script on what they want. They got a whole script on what they wanted to look like. They got a whole script of what it's supposed to say. You know, you gotta you gotta stay original to who you are.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta stay true to who you are and what you're doing. If not, you know, you get you get sideswiped out here, get lost in this ship straight up and down. Man. Listen, you need some help on that podcast. You let me know, bro, just I'm in this for real and anything you want, gonna talk about it any time you come in here, you let me know. Man, it's a safe place you feel as my dog man Man, the one and only DeMarcus Cousins a k A B. Appreciate you. Thirty five