Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at what some of the stocks on the move here. We're joined by Bloomberg's Christina Christine, what are you looking at? Well, Paul, let's check in on Nvidia, given that that was at the epicenter of yesterday's selloff, and unfortunately those shares still down this morning. So Nvida took her MVDA shares currently down more than one prit three percent, And crucially, the share price is also below that one hundred and eighty level. So that's been flagged as a key level for various reasons. It's been a support level since early October. It's also been where the one hundred day moving average sits, and so the fact that it's still below that it doesn't mean that the market is in the clear, even though we are in the green. And so I think the questions after yesterday's sell off is really all about how is the company and really the A complex in general going to finance their AI spending right, and talking about just the level of debt that they're going to have to acquire. I think that's what's really spooked the markets, and this is what people are looking at still today, even though we're rebounding a little bit on the broader index.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're in a bizarro world where you have lots of doubts about Nvidia, and then you look at a company like GAFF, which has been in turnaround mode forever decidedly higher up by six percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, scarlet, And you know, we know that they did get pretty good earnings, and that's doing really well for the stock this morning, so gap tick or gap, those shares are up more than six percent, set for the biggest gain since May, and so really on the back of that strong sales number from their earnings results. We also heard from chief executive officer Richard Dixon saying that it's really the variety of their brands and price points that are helping insulate them from the less optimistic fate of other retailers. And of course, who could forget there are celebrity fueled marketing campaigns like an Apple exactly and the better and Denhim campaign featuring Kat's eye. Paul, I'm sure you've tried a choreography. All right, we're gonna we're gonna have to do some choreography lessons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after this week, I'm happy Gwyneth perhaps does she make movies anymore? No, but she runs a lifestyle empire.
Speaker 1: She's a lifestyle guru.
Speaker 3: Good for her.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Actually no, wait, that's not true. She did appear in a movie very recently with Timothy Shallome. Oh, I forget the name of it, but you need Yeah, I'm gonna have to tews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just know Gwyneth now is a lifestyle guru.
Speaker 3: Right, and kids, beautiful children?
Speaker 1: She okay, good for her Ross stores, Yeah, let's think about a Ross stores. Another share in the green so that ticker ro o SD shears are more than four point six percent at the moment. We did also get their earnings. The discout retailer doing well. They upgraded their earnings phare forecast for the full year, so they're now looking at EPs of six dollars thirty eight cents to six dollars forty six and previously lower them that range. They also improved their guidance that was in line with average estimates. Bloombera Intelligence weighing in Maror Ross Gilbert saying that they really improved their curation of women's fashion brands across good, better, and Best classifications and that is really making an impact here. Other analysts are also noting that they're showing really positive momentum heading into Holidays, which is very crucial period for a lot of the retailers. So yeah, and their shares up today and doing well.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.