Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Sunday, December twenty first, and in this episode readings from the White House Walls has Amy and TJ now give you history according to President Trump. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and DJ. A lot of people, I think heard a little bit about this story, but your current president, President Trump, has given us a little history lesson of previous presidents and people rogues, frankly couldn't believe what they were hearing.
Speaker 2: Yes, these are well, it's a new installation as of this fall. I believe in September President Trump put in. He's been making his mark on the White House, tearing down the east wing, creating a new ballroom.
Speaker 3: But he has also created the Walk of Fame.
Speaker 1: Sounds lovely, tell me about it.
Speaker 2: So you walk along towards the east wing and you see these beautiful gilded photos, gorgeous picture frames of all these former presidents.
Speaker 3: So we saw this for a couple of months. Put it in September.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, Actually, it looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it looks really nice, elegant to all of that. And then he put up permanent plaques. Just was it this week last week?
Speaker 1: Last week that they were unveiled.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Unveiled the plaques basically the descriptions of aforementioned former presidents presidencies, just their contributions and their legacies.
Speaker 1: This is basic stuff, writing basic history. We have the general idea of all these guys, right, So this shouldn't be headline making, should.
Speaker 3: No, except for what is in the plaques.
Speaker 2: If you have been enjoying or actually looking at the President's truth Social account, you'll get a gist or an idea of what is in these plaques because they were written by Trump, almost as if he were writing a truth social post about each of the presidents, whatever he thinks about them, with whatever punctuation, exclamations.
Speaker 1: Punctuation and caps included, right.
Speaker 3: All caps.
Speaker 2: But everything that he writes down is through the lens of Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I found now this one. There's a lot that goes on with President Trump that people will are disturbed by or think it has a greater implication, a more serious implication. This was one that was so far bizarre and like nothing we'd ever heard before. Then I did laugh a little, and I didn't know if I was supposed to take it seriously, and wondered if people were taken into too seriously. So let's set that up robes. The portraits are done well, the portraits are done all the previous presidents. No big deal there except and so let's set the tone here for the for this wall. There's only one president out of all of our presidents that does not have an actual portrait of said president along this wall. Even though there is a photo there, it's not a portrait of the president, just one.
Speaker 2: Yes, the picture is not a portrait of President Joe Biden or former President Biden. Instead, it's a picture of an auto pen signing Joe Biden's name.
Speaker 1: I found this funny. I have to tell you, baby, I'm sorry. I found this frickin' if this stay this.
Speaker 2: Was this were, if this were something to be laughed at, where there was a joke, and then they actually did have the photo and maybe, like I don't know, the next day they put his photo up.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Swamp, but this is so childish fine, and that makes it hilarious.
Speaker 1: I find it. I guess I find it harmless. And that it's at the White House, not a lot of people are gonna see this. This is along a certain yes, childish, petty. All those words have been used to describe this move. But sweetheart, all the presidents have an actual presidential portrait there, and he doesn't have the man's face. It's an auto pen signature of Joe Biden. That's funny. Come on, man, that's fun It's so petty that it's hilarious. It is so you cannot believe that this office and this president it's coming out of there. But it's almost I want to be I'll give him a pass. It's so it's almost a joke. But he's treating the walls of the White House like the walls of Marlago or Trump Tower. It's his home and I'm gonna do with it what I want.
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of exactly what we heard from Fox News when one of the anchors actually had I don't want to say the courage, but to actually say, hey, this isn't for me, this.
Speaker 3: Childish thing that he's doing. And it's so funny.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that because it was Jesse Waters who said, well, guess what, it's his house for now, for the next three years, maybe more, and so he can decorate it any way he wants. That is what Jesse Waters of Fox News said, and it sounded a lot like what you just said.
Speaker 1: But I agree with kill meat as well. It's not for me. How oh, okay, we're going to get into why it's not for me, and I'm not sure which part you have to tell me about kill me what we're talking about here. At least the plaques.
Speaker 3: Go too far, that's what he says.
Speaker 1: The joke of the picture is so silly that I just have to laugh at it. So I'm not offended by the photo situation, even though yes, you shouldn't do that. The plaques were out of this world.
Speaker 2: They when we say they're jaw dropping, there is no other way to describe it, because you actually cannot believe that you are hearing. And we're going to read the plaques in their entirety, because look, you might have heard the story, you might have seen the headlines, but did you actually take the time to read each individual plaque. We're going to do that for you, so for your I hate to say entertainment, but that's really the only.
Speaker 3: Way you can look at it at this point.
Speaker 1: Education.
Speaker 3: Education.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to know, you have to know to have a formed opinion. So we are actually going to read to you the last several presidents plaques because this way you will understand what we're saying, like you'll have your own opinion.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you have to hear this yourself. You can't just get somebody to give you their or see interpretation, don't have right? The only two that have two plaques or Trump and Biden.
Speaker 2: Yes, because and you say two plaques, meaning there was so much to say, they had to put a second plaque beneath it to continue the stream of consciousness that is Trump's thinking.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's start. Let's start with Obama. We'll good up to a kind of a light start here. Okay, with Obama, but this is Obama's.
Speaker 2: Black Barack Hussein Obama was the first black president, a community organizer, one term senator from Illinois, and one of the most divisive political figures in American history. As president, he passed the highly ineffective Unaffordable Care Act, resulting in his party losing control of both Houses of Congress and the election of the largest House Republican majority since nineteen forty six. He presided over a stagnant economy, approved the terrible Iran nuclear Deal, and signed the one sided Paris Climate Accords, both of which were later terminated by President Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump. That's a truth social post. That absolutely is how he writes. Is this okay?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Obviously this isn't historically accurate, but I mean robes, it's his house. And that's a reminder here, folks, this is These are permanent bronze. What are the plaques, these fixtures on the wall.
Speaker 2: Beautifully, it's exactly like what you see at any sort of historical site in this country of significance, those bronze plaques that detail what happened here on this site at X year.
Speaker 3: That's what they look like.
Speaker 2: And so yes, it looks very official, it looks very presidential. And yet what's actually on those plaques is laughable.
Speaker 1: One term Senator was meant to be a most divisive.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but what's made me laugh.
Speaker 1: Afordable care is in quotes.
Speaker 2: Plenty of news organizations have actually gone through these plaques line by line to refute and fact check them. Okay, yeah, they're mostly actually incorrect.
Speaker 1: We get it, yes, don't most Americans get it by now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, actually, Barack Obama has the most the highest favorability rating of any of the last five presidents of the United States. Yes, No, that's what I've been reading, all of the refusion of what Trump put on these plaques, instead of not taking them so seriously and actually recognizing.
Speaker 3: How ridiculous they are.
Speaker 2: Good, I think that actually would be a better premise to build a news article or a news feature on that these are so insane let's all laugh along with them, because the need to fact check them actually gives it some sort of credibility that it doesn't even deserve in the first place.
Speaker 1: Very good point. Why are we You can't challenge you the most of this. You can't challenge. You can't challenge this stuff with facts. You can't challenge. You can't just throw a fact at President Trump and feel like you've done your job.
Speaker 2: No, because no, because we're the well anyone who isn't someone who he's anointed is the radical left wing you know, mainstream media, you know can't be trusted. A fine, But okay, fine, then let's also just acknowledge what we're looking at, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So Joe Biden has two plaques.
Speaker 3: This is insane.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead, this is plaque one.
Speaker 3: Sleepy Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: The plaque says that folks at the White.
Speaker 2: House, and actually it's not even in quotes for some reason, that would make it seem better, like it was his moniker that he gave him versus he just doesn't even have quotation marks around him. That's these sleepy Joe Biden was by far the worst president in American history?
Speaker 1: Can we stop? That's how it starts. This is at the White House. That's fascinating on a.
Speaker 2: Bronze plaque on the side of the passageway leading from the west wing to the residence.
Speaker 3: Right. Okay, so he sees.
Speaker 2: This every day when he walks past when he leaves his oval office and heads home. Taking office as a result of the most corrupt election ever seen in the United States, Biden oversaw a series of unprecedented disasters that brought our nation to the brink of destruction.
Speaker 3: When was that.
Speaker 1: He oversaw our seat? So he was in office? What was that two thousand to Uh, it's on twenty one to twenty twenty five. Yes, we were on the brink of destruction during those years. At some point twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: One, you're coming out of the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, yeah, he got elected right off the pandic. But his policies. Apparently, his policies caused unprecedented disasters and we were on the brink of destruction.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: His policies caused the highest inflation ever recorded, leading the US dollar to lose more than twenty percent of its value in four years. His Green News scam surrendered American energy dominance, and by abolishing this southern border, Biden let twenty one million people from all over the world pour into the United States, including from prisons, jails, mental institutions, and insane asylums. His Afghanistan disaster was among the most humiliating events in American history and resulted in the murder of thirteen brave American service members, with many others gravely wounded. Seeing Biden's devastating weakness, Russia invaded Ukraine and Hamas terrorists launched the heinous October seventh attack on Israel.
Speaker 3: That's the first plaque.
Speaker 2: Basically, anything that was wrong or bad or horrible in the world is all the result of Biden's presidency.
Speaker 3: According to Donald Trump's plaque.
Speaker 1: Two wars were caused.
Speaker 3: By Biden's weakness.
Speaker 1: Where two wars were caused by Biden. Next plaque quoting here. Nicknamed both Sleepy and Crooked, Joe Biden was dominated by his radical left handlers. They and their allies in the fake news media attempted to cover up his severe mental decline and his unprecedented use of the auto pen. Following his human debate laws to President Trump in the Big June twenty twenty four debate, he was forced to withdraw from his campaign for reelection. In disgrace, Biden weaponized law enforcement against his political opponent while also persecuting many other innocent people. He left office issuing blanket pardons to radical democratic criminals and thugs, as well as members of the Biden crime family. But despite it all, President Trump would get re elected in a landslide and Save America. Save America is in all caps and an exclamation point at the end.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm hearing you read a Marvel comic book hero okay plot and President Trump is Superman and Joe Biden is lex Luthor.
Speaker 1: These are bob. I don't know that if what's okay? What's normal? When when do you stop and say this isn't like nobody can say it's to President this is a little crazy. Now even say, I'm going to get backlash, like, what is wrong with you for wanting to do this, for wanting to adorn this building with some permanent fixtures to a certain degree. Yes, they'll come down later when somebody else, of course they'll come down, but to adorn this place with this, Yes, it's your house and you could do what you want.
Speaker 2: But is it his house? I thought it was the people's house. And that's where I take issue with what jesse Water said.
Speaker 1: We are sing it to him.
Speaker 2: I understand we elected him as a country. I understand that, but it is still our nation's house that he is living in impermanently. He is a visitor there, and I understand that there are certain licenses that a president can take, and again through our election system, he's granted certain leniences for.
Speaker 3: The people's house.
Speaker 2: But this is disgusting in my opinion, to basically humiliate in permanent bronze plaques, men who have given their lives and sacrificed their time, their personal time, their ability to make money, their ability to do other things to serve this nation and were elected, and to like to smear their names, to impugne their presidencies.
Speaker 1: Their insults. Yeah, he's insulting them like a child would. It's cool. I'm not calling this you can't. I'm just this is not politics, This is not policy. If you're a great support of President Trump, you do ask yourself, do you think this is wonderful that you have no problem with it, or do you think, hey, everybody, calm down. You're taking this too seriously. He is the current occupant of that house. He can put a different rug in the oval office if he wants to. So why can't he redecorate some shit on the walls? Somebody could make that argument. I will say, fine, make the argument. He's done several decorations. My concern continues to be now Robes is that this isn't normal behavior. My problem is it's one thing you get in front of a microphone. This took planning, he had had to approve, He had to write these, that was back and forth. There were steps along the way. And if someone who has reached this level, this height, the greatest office on planet Earth, people will tell you, and he's doing this, that is not normal. That is not okay. I don't care, so are you know what I'm saying. There's just something that we all have to collectively look at and say that is bizarre.
Speaker 3: It all, Yes, agreed with you.
Speaker 2: And it also tells me that there's no one around him, or no one who he's surrounded himself.
Speaker 3: With that will call him on it. And it's this the.
Speaker 2: Emperor has no clothes scenario that is really scary. Who is going to be the person who isn't his yes man, who is willing to stand up to him to say, hey, this actually is going to look terrible, not just now, but especially ten years from now, fifty years from now.
Speaker 3: You care about your legacy, don't do this.
Speaker 1: I guess why this is where I'm yes to all of that legacy. Why somebody should at least be appealing to him in that regard that could appeal to his ego. But my issue is, why do we have to convince someone who is the president of the United States that you shouldn't do this. I am going to forget politics and what it looks like in pr and I am concerned that we're not looking at it is. This is not the behavior of a normal human being.
Speaker 3: Correct, who cares if you're a Democrat or a Republican.
Speaker 1: That is what I am trying. I don't know why why we're interpreting. We're holding him to a different standard, different bar and I'm almost I was saying it, this was funny at the top. This pictures like we're almost dismissive. No, you would never look at something like this and think of normal behavior.
Speaker 2: The only thing you said was funny was the picture. The picture, Yes, but when you start reading the plaques, there's nothing funny about it.
Speaker 1: All right. Hit him with the let's do the Clinton plaque he had. He's had more complimentary stuff, I guess about George. For the Republicans, we're going to got to get to the Reagan one because he had one line and that that was hilarious. But you got the Clinton one. The Clinton.
Speaker 2: So. Bill Clinton served as attorney general and governor of Arkansas before winning the presidency in what was called a major upset over President George H. W.
Speaker 3: Bush.
Speaker 2: As President, Clinton signed crime and Welfare legislation, which was passed with the leadership of Republicans in Congress. Yes he needed Republicans. He approved NAFTA, which President Donald J. Trump would later terminate as being bad for the United States, welcomed China into the World Trade Organization, and oversaw NATO's military intervention in Bosnia and Kosovo. Despite the scandals that plagued his presidency, the tech boom of the late nineteen nineties resulted in excellent economic growth, which helped him and Republicans in Congress delivered balanced budgets for the first time in decades. In twenty sixteen, President Clinton's wife Hillary lost the presidency to President Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump.
Speaker 1: Might be my favorite line of all the plaques.
Speaker 3: That was his way of getting at him.
Speaker 2: But the funny thing is he completely skipped over where he could have absolutely skewered him with, you know, being impeached and perhaps doing something under the desk of the Oval office with Monica Lewinsky.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting gives.
Speaker 2: Him a full pass on that and actually gives him credit for, with the help of Republicans, the economic boom. So he actually went really fairly lightly on Clinton.
Speaker 1: We talked about this a couple of days ago. This was my favorite part. She was never elected president and he got an insult into Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 3: And not once but twice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, folks, these are great, but I assure you you ain't heard nothing yet. We will share with you the double plaque text about President Trump, what he said about himself on the wall. Also, how does the White House defend this? Yet? You better believe Carolyn Levitt had an answer. All right, folks, well continue here quickly on Amy and TJ. I get you through some of these uh uh, some of these plaques we've been talking about. He was more complimentary, obviously to the Republicans than the Democrats, and it really had He hates Biden, by the way, if we.
Speaker 3: Didn't know this really obvious.
Speaker 2: He hates He doesn't like Obama, but he hates Biden.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mind Clinton so much, and likes Bush and Reagan.
Speaker 1: But he looked like he wanted Obama to be his absolute best friend. At Carter's funeral.
Speaker 3: They were it up, it up like whatever they were saying hilarious.
Speaker 1: It was too much like he wanted to be with the cool kids, kind of like he was over the top. And how he was the hangar fascinating to watch. Okay, now you have the Reagan one up in front of him. The Reagan one is hilarious. If we don't have to go through the whole one, if you can share the thing at the bottom. Okay, so he goes through. He's very complimentary about Reagan, but then he closes with a doozy.
Speaker 2: He was a fan of President Donald J. Trump long before President Trump's historic.
Speaker 3: Run for the White House.
Speaker 2: Likewise, President Trump was a fan of his exclamation point.
Speaker 1: What do you do with that?
Speaker 3: That sounds like check? Yes? Do you like? Can we go out together or not? It sounds like elementary school.
Speaker 1: But that one, I don't mind. He's not insulting somebody. Fine, if you want to be look at me. Everybody loves me. Do that you could? That one is petty in a way. I don't mind so much. It's not mean.
Speaker 2: It just brings it back to him, which is what he does. In all, it's all viewed through the lens of Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump.
Speaker 1: So how does Donald J. Trump view Donald J. Trump? All Right, we will give you now he does again, has two plaques. So much greatness in here. He can't get it on one plaque, So we start with plaque number one, which guy.
Speaker 2: In twenty sixteen, campaigning under the slogan make America great Again, Donald J. Trump became the first person in American history to become president without previously whole political office or serving as an officer in the military.
Speaker 1: That's actually impressive. That is inting.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: After beating sixteen other candidates at the Republican primary, he went on to defeat.
Speaker 3: Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton second mention in an.
Speaker 2: Electoral College landslide of three oh four to two two seven, representing an unprecedented realignment that turned the so called blue Wall of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin into future election battlegrounds.
Speaker 1: Okay, we stopped there. That was plaque number one. So we heard everything in there as one hundred percent accurate. Yes, that is not him being arrogant, That is not him using blusted, that is not him using superlatives. So I'm looking at this and I need to give him credit. Every bit of that is right. He did that. Now, he threw in their unprecedented realignment. He threw in there. What was the other one here a landslide. A lot of people described it that way. You know what, I'm gonna give him credit for that plaque.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna give him credit for that one. Okay, plaque number two. During his historic first term in office, President Trump signed the largest tax cuts in history, built a booming economy, eliminated a record number of federal regulations, rebuilt the United States military, terminated the Iron Nuclear Deal, and the Paris Climate Accords.
Speaker 3: Ended the NAFTA.
Speaker 2: Disaster, destroyed the Isis Caliphate, signed the historic Abraham Accords, and created the greatest economy in the history of the world and like the greatest capital letters at the top of all of that.
Speaker 3: He also saved millions of lives around the world with Operation Warp Speed and his response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, that's whine. I mean, that's that's not unexpected.
Speaker 3: That's it's just hilarious. He is superman.
Speaker 1: It's I just still if we think if we are treating this as if you know, like everybody's got like an uncle or some family. Oh that says uncle, t Is that what we're doing. Oh, that's just President Trump.
Speaker 2: I think that is what we're doing. But did you happen to see what Gavin Newsom did. He's put up his own plaque of President Trump very much in the same way God and he so then why worry I do? Here we have Gavin Newsom, the California governor, left leaning who is considered to be one of the front runners potentially he's the guy right now. Fine, he's the guy. But he wrote a plaque out for Trump that is exactly the way Trump wrote it about everyone else. So he's meeting him at his level. And that is a little concerning to me.
Speaker 1: You know, will this go away? Is he re establishing politics or will this go away when he goes away? And I do get concern. Look, Gavin Newsom's gotten a lot of attention because he has done this, because he is looking and teasing and playing in that, and that's the concern. Yeah, you know what, that is a concern I would have. But but will this go away when Trump does know JD. Vance isn't going to be doing this stuff as the nominee.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. So well, Gavin Newsom, then rise back up. Can I just read you the first like two lines to give you? He says, Donald is fished. So this is his plaque. Donald is finished. This is as if he won the presidency. He is no longer hot. First the hands so tiny and now me, Gavin C. Newsom have taken away his step. Many are saying he can't even do the big stairs on Air Force one anymore. Uses the little baby stairs now sad exclamation point. I don't like that all the television cameras are on me America's favorite governor, like he goes on and I'm telling you it's it's it's scary.
Speaker 1: I don't Yes, okay, I don't like that. A lot of people will say, look, they're just having some fun in their meeting people at Maybe that gets more attention on TikTok on social media somewhere and doing it that way, but.
Speaker 2: It's an eye for an eye kind of a thing, and it's not what I would hope we could learn from what we're seeing. So we're seeing this and that's the response on the other side.
Speaker 1: This is one where I we've used it, and I've said it several times jokingly, but Michelle Obama, when they go low, we go high. You remember that, right, That's very famous. I've joked about it plenty of times.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite things she's ever said, when they go And I used to say this sometimes jokingly with you, right, Mochelle Obama, or when she said when they go low, kick them.
Speaker 1: I've said it jokingly, yes, but it feels I don't like mixing it up and being dismissive. He is resetting politics and how we talk to each other.
Speaker 3: That's the concern.
Speaker 1: That is a problem Robes and this is not you know what we planned this episode out. I just laugh through some stuff. And now I'm sitting here almost sweating. And the idea that the guy I didn't know you had to Gavin new someone. I just think it we're doing. We're all right, let's muddy it up and is if it's funny. No, I won't Gavin Newsom to elevate. I want him to look different from the rest of the politics. I don't want to get somebody in that same arena.
Speaker 2: Because they're seeing, okay, well this worked for Trump and rallying his base, so maybe this will work for us, maybe our base. But I think that's so sad.
Speaker 1: That's maybe we're old fogies, and maybe this is how politics is supposed to be done with a different generation, and you have to do this and mix it up. But I am not a fan of my president.
Speaker 2: Neither are I think most Americans. I think if you ask people, I don't. Yes, there are always going people think you that's hilarious, Hell yeah, keep it up.
Speaker 3: But I think most people are not okay with that?
Speaker 1: All right, folks, I'm sorry, this one's signed.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to get Carolyn, we have to get care?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah please? Oh oh yes, that they were obviously they were asked questions about this, and I guess, no surprise. I have answer ready and justified pretty easily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's actually like this is actually this this scares me almost more than the plaques themselves.
Speaker 2: Here's what Carolyn Levitt said in response to the reaction to the plaques. The plaques are eloquently written descriptions of each president and the legacy they left behind. As a student of history, many were written directly by the president himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're awesome. They're awesome. Okay that that answer shouldn't surprise us. None of this should surprise us. I just wonder at what point are we going to say it concerns us.
Speaker 2: See, I actually think it should surprise us. I think we should still be surprised.
Speaker 3: At this type of language.
Speaker 2: And you're right, I do appreciate the fact that it needs to offend us.
Speaker 3: To the point where we actually say something.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. Did what? What are we? What?
Speaker 3: I don't know what appalled?
Speaker 2: I think are and embarrassed. I'm appalled and embarrassed because that is our president. I know we can all kind of say it's your president.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's our.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anytime we go anywhere in the world as Americans, that is our president.
Speaker 1: Folks. We always appreciate you spending some time here with us. Roll, let's stop working and stop looking at politics and pleques and wrap some presents. Wrap some presents, folks wherever you may be. Hope you were having a good last weekend before Christmas. Always appreciates you spending some time here with us. My Dearmmie Robot, I'm TJ. Holme talk to you.